Speaker 1: And broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe.
Speaker 2: Getty, Armstrong and Getti and now Key Armstrong and Getty Strong and.
Speaker 3: Welcome to a replay of the Armstrong and Getty Show. We're off all week long. We give a lot of thanks, we eat a lot, we watch a lot of football. We'll come back refreshed. But I hope you enjoyed this stuff. It's gonna be really good.
Speaker 2: Some delicious leftovers if you will.
Speaker 4: The flavors have made friends overnight in the French Plus drop by Armstrong at getty dot com, download podcasts, or grab an ang T shirt n con you.
Speaker 5: Central Valley is, without question, one of the most vital agricultural regions in America, producing seventeen billion dollars worth of crops twenty five percent of the nation's food supply, and to help grow and harvest those crops, many farmers here rely on undocumented workers. The Department of Agriculture estimates that about half of the hired crop workers do not have legal status. That is estimated to be more than three hundred and thirty thousand workers in the Central Valley alone.
Speaker 3: Three hundred thousand workers in the Central Valley alone, that if you followed what recent poling says, sixty percent of America wants would all be booted out of the country. And that would be obviously, if he did that all at once, would be quite the wrecking of the whole agricultural system. Doesn't mean it's not a good idea, though, because you got to have a system of some sort for having workers. It's the job of Congress to come up with and be implied and follow through. I don't know if they're going to or not, but Jo and I have been talking about illegal immigration in farm workers for geez, twenty five years or whatever being on the air, and this very part of the a California in the country that they're talking about on ABC this week, and we used to talk about it all the time when we were only on in the Sacramento area. People had always talk do you want tomatoes to be five dollars? Well, then you know it's gonna pick the lettuce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: It was always the conversation, and our answer was always somebody or nobody or a machine, Well, let's hear from a couple of farmers in the Central Valley and their theories on why you need to have illegals picking. Here's more from ABC this week.
Speaker 6: We can't afford a labor shortage. Back during Obama, we had a labor shortage and there were a time where we actually lost some crop.
Speaker 5: I think people will look at say, but wait a minute, they're Americans who are unemployed.
Speaker 2: Why can't you just hire them?
Speaker 6: They don't want to come out here and work in this in this extreme conditions one hundred plus degree temperatures, dust hard work. What if you paid them more, it doesn't matter. You know, we pay some of the highest wages for farm workers in the nation right here in California, and they won't come out.
Speaker 3: And just so before we have that conversation, here's a different farmer, same question, same topic there.
Speaker 7: I don't care what you pay them. I don't care if you pay them twenty six dollars an hour. They ain't going to happen. They're not going to get up at four or five in the morning, drive to the field and pick fruit.
Speaker 3: So and that question was, why why don't you just hire Americans? They won't do it. I don't care what you pay them. They're not going to get up that time of day and come out and do that job. So I don't understand why that isn't a hold on pause, let's have a conversation about that sort of revelation on ABC this week, they just move on to E. They you see, Americans won't do this work, so it makes sense to have illegal brown people do it. What what how do you craft a society like that? How about why would people who are unemployed or underemployed take the option of not doing a job even if it paid really well?
Speaker 2: Right? Right?
Speaker 3: How could they do that? How does that work? How does that fin How are they paying the rent? How are they eating?
Speaker 4: Can you imagine if you went to family counseling and and you said, my children refuse to do their chores, and the counselor said, well, let's talk about how you can hire someone to do your children's right. No, that's not the right question, right, Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 3: But we've been we've been talking about this very topic for decades now. How have we just accepted that people born in this country shouldn't have to do work that's not I don't know, glamorous or kind of hard, or it's outside or whatever. The reason is people don't want to do it. I did that kind of work when I was in high school.
Speaker 2: Lots of us did. You can't do it in any many Americans did? Yeah, but is everybody okay with that?
Speaker 3: Creating a welfare state so lavish that people can choose not to do jobs that they don't find like something they want to do, even even if it pays twenty nine.
Speaker 4: Dollars an hour and one more amusing irony, This is amusing me for many, many years. Is the more quote unquote progressive you are, the more in favor of white.
Speaker 2: People, won't do this work. Let's bring in some of those brown people.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's the further left yard, the more you're a hardcore, open up the borders and let them in person, which I think is hilarious.
Speaker 3: There's also the unspoken, unstated realization that if millions of people come here and do those jobs they're getting by, they must be able to live somewhere and have a car and eat and you know, do all the things you want to do with a job right by definition.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just it's it boils down to a couple of very very simple principles. Number one is the purpose of getting the reins of government is to be able to distribute money from the treasury. Doesn't matter what the system is. They vary in how they do that, but that's the point. And in our system, you've got to get a little support from a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people.
Speaker 4: Kim Jong un just needs a hell of a lot of support from a fairly small group of people. But in a democracy, you need a little support from a hell of a lot of people. How do you do that by handing out money? Government benefits? You know, three and a half dozen different social programs that make sure nobody's going to starve. And so the second, very broad and easy to understand principle is people go for their best alternative. They will do their best option. And for Americans working in a field in the heat, in the dust, bent over is not nearly their best option. For some Guatemalan it is.
Speaker 3: I just I don't understand how we got to where we're okay with that or think that that's a workable plan going forward that doesn't end up with like I've been taking in a lot of French Revolution stuff over the weekend, you know, that sort of society falling apart.
Speaker 4: I believe the French Revolution is your Roman Empire, although you are quite interested in the Roman Empire as well. It is so the answer of how we get there is because nobody asks the question, the moral question there, the one that we keep harping on is it's not part of.
Speaker 2: The conversation at all. No, it wasn't.
Speaker 3: ABC this week did a long segment on this topic and not a word of Does it seem a little weird to have a society where you've declared certain jobs off limits for your citizens, Like, no, that's too grungy a job even at twenty dollars an hour you just don't want to have to do.
Speaker 2: I mean, would you do that with your own kids.
Speaker 3: I'll keep supporting you, you know, until you're thirty or a past rather than you go do that job.
Speaker 2: What? Yeah, who would live their lives like that?
Speaker 4: Democracy's end when they realize they can vote themselves money from the treasury. Can you imagine running on the platform I'm going to get you off of your couch and into the field.
Speaker 2: Good luck? What at right? We're a soft, decadent country. That's just that's it.
Speaker 3: We really are, which is what France was when they fell apart. Not to get back to the revolution. But and then here they wrapped up the conversation with this portion.
Speaker 5: Deporting undocumented workers in California is complicated. The state enacted a measure in twenty seventeen that prevents state resources from being used for federal immigration enforcement. And while that law varies by city and county, California is the sanctuary city capital of America, with dozens of cities and counties protecting undocumented residents from a rest based solely on their immigration status.
Speaker 3: So that's a problem. I mean, it all fits together as part of a puzzle. I hate the whole thing. But if you're going to accept I'm not. But apparently we have accepted that our American born people shouldn't have to do those jobs.
Speaker 2: Well, then you're gonna have to have illegals here.
Speaker 3: And then if you're going to have illegals here, you can't have them being deported. So you got to be a sanctuary county. I mean, it all fits together, or you.
Speaker 4: Just admit all of the above and you design a temporary worker program, which is.
Speaker 3: What Congress should do. Also not a part of the conversation where they said, well, if you want it to be this way, and apparently people do well. Then Congress needs to sit down and come up with a very complex system for or workers or making these people citizens, or whatever it is you're gonna do. But you got to come up with a plan. The all the arguments I seem to see on the Sunday talk shows, nobody was offering anything other than continuing to just randomly let people come in buy the millions, come and go, buy the millions, not know who they are. Martha Radditt's even admitted to whoever was pushing back on this story. There are six hundred thousand known criminals, not the crime of being illegal, but like other crimes from Mexico or Venezuela, six hundred thousand criminals in the United States right now.
Speaker 2: We don't know where they are, what kind of who does that? Yeah? Yeah, that's nuts. Yeah it is. It's self destructive.
Speaker 4: It's it's horrible because we won't get to the root questions. And the final annoying reality I'd like to trot out there. Why I don't get many invitations to dinner parties? Oh you invited, mister annoying reality? Oh good? Is the left raises money from soft heads? In my opinion with their no human being is illegal, bill bridges not walls, nonsense, And the right raises money on boot them all out, seal the borders, and to say we're going to craft a guest worker program that's going to let one point one million people in temporarily, we'll keep tracking them, blah blah blah, we're gonna streamline the course.
Speaker 2: That's just you can't raise money on that. It's too complicated.
Speaker 4: The devil is in the details, and there's always plenty to anger, you know, virtually everybody in the discussion.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't mean to be discouraging, but as long as small money donations rule politics, it's going to be hard to work out stuff like this.
Speaker 3: I'm just appalled by the idea. I've always cringed when anybody says those are jobs American won't do.
Speaker 2: That makes me cringe. You cannot be a strong, functioning.
Speaker 3: Successful society if you've decided certain jobs are off limits to your citizens.
Speaker 2: That's sickening.
Speaker 4: As a notion, well, that's how empires fall back to Rome. Or if you'd prefer, I assume, with your French Revolution passion, you'd like to say see guillotines all over America cutting off the heads of the disloyal or immigrants.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you're crazy world.
Speaker 8: The Armstrong and Getty Show, or Jahn your show, podcasts and our hot Lakes, The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: Here's your freedom loving quote of the day. It's an absolute classic.
Speaker 4: Frank, Senator Long, you said, it's probably a little long, but what the heck, we always have time for it. It's from Lord Woodhousily, also known as Alexander Fraser Tyler from back in the seventeen hundreds. A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. Can only exist until the voters discover they can vote themselves largest from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.
Speaker 2: Then he goes into a bit of history.
Speaker 4: These nations have progressed through the sequence from bondage to spiritual faith, from spiritual faith to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back into bondage.
Speaker 2: So where are we right now? Somewhere between apathy and dependence. Uh, yes, yeah, I would say so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've certainly progressed past selfishness to apathy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, apathy to dependence. I think you nailed it. Yep.
Speaker 3: Baby boomers were the selfish and we moved into the apathy. Now we're headed into the dependence. Yep.
Speaker 2: There you go. That sounds it's pretty accurate. I think that's absolutely right.
Speaker 3: And I was thinking about this last night when I went to bed for some reason, about how there's a shelf life to these things, and there just is, always has been, probably always will be. And it's depressing, really freaking depressing, unless you consider the following. This is your cheery you up note. During every one of those stages, smart people, energetic people.
Speaker 2: Well I'm not very energetic, so let's just go as smart.
Speaker 4: Smart and semi energetic people have found ways to craft happy, productive lives. It just gets a little tougher. In the words of the old bluesman, what is you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: I understand if you're going to focus on you and yours, but kind of like the whole thing to last for a while.
Speaker 4: I kind of wanted a pony for Christmas, all right, Wake up, grow up nail bag. Jeez drops a nope mail bag at Armstrong and Giddy dot com when convenient. I I had a screed yesterday. I unleashed a screed about how the Internet fertilizes stupidity. I never would have thought of it again as long as I lived, except several emailers have brought it up.
Speaker 2: That is pretty good. I forgot it a horridy myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rich says Joe's book about in the Internet fertilizing stupidity. He says, true, but it's not fertilizing women, hence the low birth rates. That could be an angle on my book. Rich, I'll give you full credit, thanks, Bud.
Speaker 3: The Internet fertilizes stupidity might be your best quote ever.
Speaker 2: And I forgot I said it anyway.
Speaker 4: Mark and Stanton writes gents regarding the MSNBC reporter and the other media chuckleheads describing our Marjorie Taylor Green as the most conservative Republican in the House whatever, which is an absurd description. I think a better description was inadvertently coined earlier in the show by Joe. You might say, Marjorie Taylor Green is a grand standing moron quote fertilizing stupidity in her caucus. Judging by the Republican Caucus actions lately, this is producing a bumper crop of dysfunction and asininity. The sun is a mighty powerful eat Mark and Stanton well, and one of the reasons I love that is a sign off, by the way Mark.
Speaker 3: One of the reasons I hate the so much is portraying a variety of things as conservative, is that it comes from the liberal media. They want conservative to have a stench to it. But there's nothing conservative about Marjorie Taylor Green or Matt Gates. That that's not They're not extra conservative as they're portrayed in the media.
Speaker 2: That's not what they are.
Speaker 4: I would have to work for a while to come up with a term for exactly what they are.
Speaker 2: More like, trumpy is not bad. Well, I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think you would turn to political science for a label for them, though, correct. Oh no, no, no, you would turn to Marshall McCloughan. Is that the name of the guy who coined the media as the message, and just the modern postmodern world whipping up interest and fervor and clicks and that sort of thing. We're out of time already. I've got a lot of great stuff here, Michael, got to believe a lot more of a.
Speaker 7: Show to go.
Speaker 3: Quick question for you, what if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program.
Speaker 4: The answer is easy, friends, Just download our podcast, Armstrong and Getty on demand. It's the podcast version of the broadcast show, available anytime, any day, every single podcast platform known demand.
Speaker 2: Download it now, Armstrong and Getty on Demand.
Speaker 9: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 4: Speaking of the recent electoral results in which the Democratic Party took a hell of a drubbing, in particular the more progressive side of it and anybody who was advocating the wildest of the woke policies took it on the chin.
Speaker 2: Thank god.
Speaker 4: It seems like an odd moment for perhaps the most progressive of America's governors to decide this is my moment, But Gavin Newsom of California did just that with a maneuver or two, which we will discuss with our guest, Katie Grimes, the editor in chief of the California Globe, who has been covering the California State Capitol for Ages and Ages.
Speaker 2: Katie. Welcome, How are you.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Joe, Good morning Jack.
Speaker 2: I'm well.
Speaker 10: I'm especially well after the election.
Speaker 2: Yeah, i'd imagine.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 4: I love the headline your recent piece, Gavin Newsom is attempting to play on a stage well above his pay grade.
Speaker 2: Would you agree?
Speaker 4: It seems like an odd moment for the woke Gavin to decide this is my time.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he needs to learn to read the room, because he's about as popular as Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: I understand the wanting to be the first in as the leader of the resistance for the you know, the nomination of a Democratic candidate for twenty twenty eight. He wants to me the first name out there. But this whole fighting on a couple of areas that seem to be thoroughly beaten, at least in this most recent election. What's he thinking?
Speaker 10: You know, you ask a really good question, because I don't have an answer to that. I don't think the way he does, thankfully, because he's just a full blown narcissist. And I think part of the problem is a he has no interest in governing, and he has no clue in governing, so his natural inclination is to pivot to something that's going to get him some media headlines. And so you know, claiming to fight Trump is going to certainly provide him some headlines on our lefty media.
Speaker 4: So you've made your career covering California and California politics. For folks listening around the country, what has the trend been in California? And you can pick whatever item you want, but I'm struck by the illustration and your piece in the California Globe of the presidential results by county from twenty twenty to twenty twenty four for instance.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, isn't that There's nothing like a good visual. So it looks like in this election, Republicans slipped at least eight states that we know of right now, and that's only with seventy two percent of the votes counted county. Some are saying it might yes, it might be as many as ten counties flipping to the Red. And so that's why that visual is so lovely. My point in this is even Californians are set up with these ridiculous, horrible, damaging policies that frankly, they're harming people in California, whether it's the increase in crime or you know, withholding water to our agriculture, or I mean you just the lousy schools. Even lefties are tired of this because lefties, well they might vote very left in California, they live like Republicans. They're tight with a buck, they want their kids to go to good schools. They do care about the roads in which their rims are getting bent on. There's all kinds of things, and of course the crime just is in everybody's face.
Speaker 3: It's funny you mentioned that my car's in the shop for a week because I cracked my wheel on a pothole because of our crappy, crappy roads so.
Speaker 2: Ripped from real life.
Speaker 3: So it is interesting to see that there is a limit to how long people will put up with the same party despite the results.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and I think what we're talking about are same people, maybe people who don't pay a lot of attention to politics day in and day out the way we do, but they know what's happening right outside their front door. And you know, in this case, it's a lot of crime, it's really lousy maintenance in their cities and counties, you know everything. Just in California. We're starting to look like a third world country in many places. And this is supposed to be, you know, the Golden State.
Speaker 4: And Gavin's contention is that, and he's utterly a con man. His contention is that we have all these challenges and we're dealing with them courageously and creatively, as if these challenges came out of nowhere. Is if they fell like rain and all of a sudden you got to you know, a million bums and junkies on the streets, as if they're not a result of the very policies that he's a spoused. But I mean, he took a hell of us spanking recently, and the voter's overwhelmingly approving Proposition thirty six, which overturned the disastrous Proposition forty seven. You'd think he'd wake up and smell the discontent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has no.
Speaker 10: Ability to do that, and I think that that shows his unbridled narcissism. All he can see is got tunnel vision, and he's focused on national politics next. That's where his career was supposed to take him. So, by golly, you know, he's going to show Josh Shapiro out of the way as fast.
Speaker 2: As he can, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he wants to jump ahead at Josh Shapiro and a number of other people out there.
Speaker 2: Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: Well, does Kamala Harris have any future?
Speaker 2: Or is she just done?
Speaker 10: That's hilarious. I just published an article this morning and I titled it, are you kidding? Berkeley poll reports California voters want Kamala for governor. No, this is an absolute last guest attempt by Berkeley and the Los Angeles Times to try to see if her fledgling political career could be saved.
Speaker 4: I just that's that's that's that's be like, Yeah, hello, I gotta take me real quick.
Speaker 2: Are you skilled in the arts of karate or what that shut out of me?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I can't even imagine that.
Speaker 4: So, once again, for people who are listening around the country who may not be familiar, can you give us the nickel version of Gavin Newsom's energy policies and and and just and as Katie talked, perhaps folks, you can imagine this being implemented nationwide.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Actually, what Gavin Newsom is doing is imposing unbelievable regulations on our oil and gas industry. We're not fracking for natural gas in California, even though we sit on top of the world's largest gas reserves. So he's trying to restrict all this. He's forcing oil and gas companies to withhold hold back some of their oil and gas, and it's going to lead to even higher gas prices. His California Air Sources Board, that's the regulatory agency for our global warming policies, just passed amount to at least the sixty five cent additional tax on top of our highest gas prices in the entire country. So what he's doing is creating shortages of everything, including water deliveries. I mean, it's hard to make this stuff up. It's almost like the un is running Gavin Newsom and California because nobody in this state wants to live like this, and yet these morons are still.
Speaker 3: Voting for this. So is there any chance that he's not actually angling to be the nominee in twenty twenty eight, that he's trying to get some other really lucrative gig, like an al Gore type lifestyle or something. I mean, is it just a money grab that I don't quite understand yet.
Speaker 10: It's it's about power and money. I wrote right before the election and article about how the only thing he really has left to focus on is his climate change chops, and so he's trying to pivot to become the next al Gore on the net.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of money in that. There's a lot of freaking money at that. And you don't have the scrutiny of politics exactly, and.
Speaker 10: You don't have to you don't have to produce anything. There's no results necessary. You will go around and blather on about climate change this and that and carbon emissions, and for some reason the media buy it, hook line and sinker.
Speaker 3: Oh boy.
Speaker 4: Katie Grimes is the editor in chief of the California Globe. Katie I picture Gavin announcing officially for president the presidency. Within a couple of years, we will organize a march of all forty million Californians from California to DC, Kansas. You're gonna need to stuck up on avocado.
Speaker 2: Toast, but we will march to DC.
Speaker 3: And declare America. Please don't do this to yourselves, Please don't.
Speaker 4: We've linked Katie's a couple of recent pieces up top at the hot links at Armstrong in giddy dot com if you want to take a read Katie, great to talk to you is always keep fighting the good fight.
Speaker 10: Thanks, great to be with you guys.
Speaker 2: Always fun. Thanks. Yeah, just you know, I don't want to embarrass Katie or.
Speaker 4: Anything, but she is a fairly mainstream to left leaning journalist who just prized old school journalism telling the truth. And she has gone from you know, absolutely you know, tolerant and sympathetic toward kind of the center left to being aghast at what she's.
Speaker 2: Seeing in her home state, as so many are. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think this is my current working theory that he's not actually angling to be the twenty eight nominee, that he's trying to raise his que fan, his name and everything like that just in progressive circles and become something that makes him a lot of money for a long time al Gore style.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's calculating enough that I still say he is absolutely, fully turgid aroused for the idea of the White House.
Speaker 2: I always say that, I think you are enjoying the imagery, is what's going on.
Speaker 4: Shakespeare had sexy stuff in his place too, and he's worshiped so anyway, But you do make an interesting point. He's calculating enough that that's his main goal, but he's positioning himself in such a way that other goals are pursued.
Speaker 2: At the same time. Yeah, he's really, in a word, evil, an evil human being.
Speaker 3: So doge coin, different than bitcoin but also a cryptocurrency, has now as of today, jumped twenty percent since Trump announced Elon and the Doge Group or whatever they're going to call it, the Department of Government Efficiency. So because it's named the same as their cryptocurrency, they're people invested in the cryptocurrency.
Speaker 4: Well, the general friendliness toward cryptocurrency, plus the branding wise that helps. God, I got to figure out the timing on this. Like yesterday, I thought it too late.
Speaker 3: If I'd had invested in bitcoin yesterday, I'd be significantly wealthier today.
Speaker 9: Damn it.
Speaker 4: Why do you keep your bitcoins under your bed or something like that. I tell you what, whatever you have that's worth protecting. Our friends and sponsors that simply say, if home security, you're there to help you do it. The home security system we trust in so many thousands of others too. They'll offer you a big discount. Now with a new system, we'll tell you about that in a minute.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I'm looking up at Biden and Trump together in the Oval Office. We'll have some highlights from that coming up for you in a little bit. Oh my god, I can't imagine what they're saying. Simply say the active guard outdoor protection is what I love. Changes the game, preventing crime before it happens. With the agents being able to see in real time, anybody look and breaking into your house, you can actually talk to them directly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, someone's lurking around or acting suspiciously, like if Biden tries to get back in the Oval Office office, for instance, wanders off, the agents can set off your spotlights, tell them to get the hell out, called the cops before the breaking before it happens. No long term contracts, no cancelation fees. Is around a dollar a day for all this protection. Again you get a nice discount. Use the code armstrong when you go to simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. Once again, that's simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. It's about a bucket day. Did we mention that no long term contracts, no cancelation fees. They don't work like that. Simply safe dot com slash Armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe.
Speaker 3: So to paint the picture for you, it's Trump and Biden, all smiles in blue suits and red ties, sitting there in front of a roaring fireplace there in the Oval Office. And Biden's good at that whole backslapping, we're pals thing he's been doing for since before most of us were born. And this is the only thing he's good. Yeah, it's really his only uh. And and Trump, of course is joining the fact that he has uh defeated that side thoroughly first time they've been together since the debate that ended Biden's career. Oh my god, Trump probably never been this happy as life. Then, sitting next to this guy that he's so thoroughly trounced having, he slaps Biden on the back and says, remind Hunter to pay his taxes.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 8: See around the Armstrong and Getty Show, Jack your Joe podcasts and our hot links Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: Katie, You're gonna have to explain to us what all this is we're hearing here. So apparently there's this internet trend going on right an internet trend. You say it's an internet trend.
Speaker 11: And apparently if you exhale all the way, get all the air completely out of your lungs, and then you try to scream, you make some form.
Speaker 3: Of annoy is like that. Okay, gotcha, the exhaling scream challenge. I'll do that with my kids today for fun.
Speaker 2: Take a video, let us know it goes.
Speaker 3: I'll do it with one of my kids. My high school kid is no longer interested in anything whimsical.
Speaker 2: He is just gloom. Teenager? What the official uniform of teenager? Though?
Speaker 11: The whole reason I discuss I wanted to see if Michaelangelo could do it.
Speaker 3: Michael, do that for us on Mike. Exhale completely, then try to scream. Okay, here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 2: Oh you took you in healed? You didn't. You didn't exhale enough either, it completely exhaled. Okay, no, you healed again?
Speaker 5: He can't in here.
Speaker 2: He blew out. Then you took a breath. Okay, let me blow. I'm gonna just do nothing but blow completely. Don't take a breath in.
Speaker 3: You took it.
Speaker 2: You're held under never mind never I don't understand. I'm growing out that's the way excel.
Speaker 3: What you want.
Speaker 2: Do not take a breath. You are taking the fact that you're not following these instructions is I'm just gonna blow out, right, Okay, Katie, we gotta go.
Speaker 4: No, We're not gonna go through this again, Michael, Michael, you blow out, you go and then you go and then you scream.
Speaker 2: You're not supposed to. That's leave out the last try. Okay, so just blow and scream, but but don't write.
Speaker 12: Okay, all right, okay, all right, everywhere, so earlier, earlier, all right, Katie for the podcast, you need to do it because I want to hear you try to do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, podcast, Okay.
Speaker 4: You know, the only thing I took away from that is how incredibly infectious laughter is listening to those numbskulls try to do the numbskullish challenge of the day.
Speaker 2: Right, But they're all laughing, so you just can't help. But you know, giggle.
Speaker 3: Here is a professor at the University of Kansas, where I spent a year in grad school. Poorly, I don't know what class he's teaching here, but somebody got out their cell phone. He's doing this in the little lecture room in front of a bunch of students.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it, but here you go. That's what frustrates me.
Speaker 13: There are going to be some males in our society that will refuse to vote for a potential female president because they don't think females are smart enough to be president. We can line all those guys up and shoot them, and they clearly don't understand the way the world works.
Speaker 2: Did I say that? It scratch that from the recording.
Speaker 13: I don't want the deans hearing that I said that.
Speaker 3: We missed the very first part of that where he's in a conversation when somebody put starts their cell phone, where he's saying, people who think that men are smarter than women, So why is he having that conversation anyway? Who thinks either way that either gender is as a whole smarter than the other.
Speaker 2: That's just a dumb premise to start with.
Speaker 3: And then he goes into there are people that won't vote for Kamala Errs because they don't believe women are smart enough.
Speaker 2: People who thinks that how many people do you know? Thinks that what are you talking about? Katie?
Speaker 4: Feel free to weigh in, but as a guy who loves and cherishes women in every part of life. The male who has to promier trait himself talking about women are so much smarter.
Speaker 2: Bet are so dumb. Women are smarter.
Speaker 3: You are pathetic. You should turn in your genitals, sir, And I use that term loosely.
Speaker 2: That's pathetic.
Speaker 11: Two points One. I hate nothing more than a male feminist. That's awful. Second, this guy's name is Philip Locock.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, it's not. It is no, yes it is. How did that escape?
Speaker 11: And he's a lecturer in the Department of Health, Sport and Exercise Science.
Speaker 4: You know, good year Alish just could probably help you with your problem there, mistress.
Speaker 3: Support garden. I mean, how low is it support garment that gets that thing up where you need it to be. You gotta change your name. You know you don't want to down around your knees. You want to up here waste level. I mean, maybe many generations of Locock settled the West and made Kansas the fabulous states that it is today.
Speaker 2: You gotta change your name. I'm sorry.
Speaker 14: Maybe I'm all due respect to great grandfather Locock in the work he did in Prohibition, and Grandpa Locock and it's how he, you know, opened the first bank of Solona or whatever.
Speaker 2: You gotta change your name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, maybe I should have more sympathy, but he grew up with that name, probably many endless jokes like we're doing now, and it drove him to being a male feminist where he has to overreact the other direction or something.
Speaker 2: Low T.
Speaker 9: Armstrong and Getty
Speaker 2: Top six fifty KSTVU