Speaker 1: It's the best bit of the week.
Speaker 2: With Morgan Part two, she's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bone Show this week.
Speaker 3: What's up friends, Happy weekend, Thanks for joining the best bits We're gonna catch up on the Bobby Bone Show. It was a short week because we of course all celebrated Memorial Day, so just four days to choose from this week of content, but still plenty to catch up on. Make sure you check out Part one and Part three this weekend with Scuba Steve or as I call him Scoobs. We talked about Live Dad Live. We did some Disney movies that he saw for the first time. So fun stuff on Part one and Part three is always the listener Q and A things you really want to know about Scuba Steve, so check those out. But if you're just here to listen and catch up on the Bobby Bone Show, then let's do this. Amy's daughter found something on the road and she's trying to decide if they should keep it. Crazy stuff happening, and it all has to do with a distribution system Number seven.
Speaker 4: This listener called us and there will be an update saying, Hey, am I getting scammed?
Speaker 1: Y'all?
Speaker 5: I pulled an amy, I think, and I think it's suffer a scam. I contacted a lady on Facebook to buy a specific type of bunny. The bunny was supposed to come today. Apparently the bunny was sent to the transit company. But now the transit company is asking me to pay all these refundable fees before the bunny can be transported. So I did talk to somebody on the phone, so I am, I don't know, just doing a play by play. I guess I can give you guys a call here in a couple hours and lets you know, so I have a bunch your numbers.
Speaker 4: Feels like she was getting scammed, but she did call us a couple hours later.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, it's me. I'm just calling with an update about the bunny rabbit scam. I spent an okay and after they sent me a picture for proof. I want to proof, so I asked them to send me a picture. They did send me a picture, and I don't think it's the same rabbit, So I'm pretty sure I'm being scammed. My rabbit says that is in transit now.
Speaker 4: So I guess who you will.
Speaker 5: I'll call back later and let you know if I have a cute little bunny, or if I'm negative four hundred dollars out of my account when you.
Speaker 4: Got that picture and it wasn't the same bunny, that's bad news. I wish we'd have heard the voicemail of time, because we just said, don't pay any more money. So that's where we left it. Now we do have the final update. She called us back. Here we go.
Speaker 6: I'm calling.
Speaker 5: This is my third call about a possible scam. I ordered a rabbit online.
Speaker 4: It was supposed to be delivered.
Speaker 5: I paid the seller and then had to pay additional shipping costs and then additional shipping cuffs again, and I refused to pay. Then the third additional shipping costs that they were requiring before they started threatening to take the rabbit to an abandonment shelter and telling me that I will be charged and responsible for abandoning the rabbit. So I haven't scammed. I can't really do anything, just want to give you all call. Hopefully let's helped somebody else.
Speaker 4: So she was scammed. There's no abandonment, there's no rabbit. No what a guilt trip, there's no Yeah, we're going to kill the rabbit right now, slice the rabbit's throat. If you don't, it's crazy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh, like I want to prove. So they set a picture, so I paid them again and.
Speaker 6: Then she's like, it doesn't look like the same, But then.
Speaker 8: I paid them for shipping and then extra shipping.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: When people are asking for money up front, that's problematic, especially when they ask for more. If there's a deposit, normal, that's yeah, I know you almost got got Did you do have a new cat? I saw?
Speaker 10: Well, we're taking care of a kitten that my daughter found on the side of the road.
Speaker 4: But what's the kitten delivery system you're talking about?
Speaker 6: Oh, cat distribution system.
Speaker 10: Well, once I posted about it, all these comments from listeners are like, oh, you should keep the cat. The cat distribution system has chosen you. And so I googled it and it's just this. You know, it's a thing people say online of like when the universe has spoken or God has given you a kitten. So when you're given a kitten, you keep the kitten. And it's called the cat distribution system.
Speaker 4: So you're keeping the kitten. Well, so where did you find it? Talking about it?
Speaker 10: So she was driving down the road and it was about I mean, it was dark out, and she like had to swerve a little bit because it's on the side of the road, but like about to walk into the road, but it can barely walk, like it's a new kitten.
Speaker 6: And so she's like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 10: So she pulled over to see if it was okay, and then she looked around and she didn't like see any other cats or a mama cat. She kind of looked, but again it was dark. So she scooped it up and you know, called me and she's like, mom, and then she was cutting out a little bit.
Speaker 6: She's like, you'll see when I get there.
Speaker 10: And she walks in and she's like, has this cat cradled up in her dress?
Speaker 6: And I'm like, oh gosh.
Speaker 4: From up above, I think, okay, so follow me here. What if we called this caller and say, hey, we don't have a rabbit for you, but we have a kitty cat, because a cat distribution system is you didn't get a rabbit, we have a cat. Yeah, And all she has to pay is.
Speaker 1: A paying money for things. It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, Eddie got accused of being a Helicopter Parent again because he brought a question to the show asking if he should allow his seventeen year old son to go to a concert with his friends and no parental supervision whatsoever.
Speaker 11: And he's not.
Speaker 3: Sure what he's going to do, but the show had a lot of takes on what he should allowed to happen.
Speaker 4: Number six, Eddie's debating letting his seventeen year old son go to a concert alone. Now does it matter what the concert is or is it just general?
Speaker 12: I mean no, it doesn't matter. I think it's pretty, it could be cold played, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: He just wants to colplate. Do you mean safe? That's the safest show to go to?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: I think more just adults would go to that. Okay, Okay, so he's seventeen, Uh huh do you want to say the show?
Speaker 12: Sure, it's the weekend. Okay, the weekend's coming to town and he wants to go with his buddies and he's the last concert he went to. I took him because Kendrick Lamar him and I went and I felt it was him and I We had a really good time and it was whatever. Now he's like, Dad, I really want to go with my buddies, just like me and four friends.
Speaker 4: And I go, why would you Okay, let's do both. Why would you say yes? Give me a reason for both?
Speaker 12: Because he loves music and he'd have a good time and he I mean, I think he likes concerts, so yeah, it'd be great for him to go to a concert.
Speaker 4: Do you trust him absolutely? Why would you say no?
Speaker 12: Because he's going with buddies, Like I feel like four friends alone at a concert you're talking about like, hey, let's try to buy beer, Hey, let's try to will vape in there, you know whatever, Like I think with him and four buddies alone in a concert environment where people are definitely doing other things, other subs.
Speaker 4: Do you think what's happening at a concert in your mind?
Speaker 6: And do they have to have a night?
Speaker 1: You may?
Speaker 4: What do you mean you've been to a concert? You smell it? Bro I was seventeen. I had no roles, know so, but I also didn't do anything wrong. But seven, I think seventeen Eddie seventeen is everybody else's fourteen.
Speaker 12: And then he's gonna drive, He's got to park and do all that. I don't know, man, he's seventeen, the driving and parking like.
Speaker 10: That with them.
Speaker 6: Why don't you let him go but you drop him off because that'd be nice.
Speaker 1: Seventeen No way, my dad's dropping me off.
Speaker 5: Like that.
Speaker 6: No, seventeen years old parking?
Speaker 10: Okay first, okay, Eddie, you definitely need to let him go to the concert like it's the weekend.
Speaker 6: He's popular amongst the teens and.
Speaker 4: The dults like nothing, I think, regardless of the artist. It could be player Chris Tomlin, Chris Tomlin, friends of that.
Speaker 6: Hey, I bet some people do a little smoky smoke.
Speaker 4: There, Chris Tomlin.
Speaker 8: I bet not.
Speaker 4: The last time Tom latch jow with Easter, nobody was smoky saking. So he's seventeen, yeah, man, yeah, seventeen. When does he turn eighteen? What month? Anyway? So he's almost able.
Speaker 6: To vote and serve our country.
Speaker 4: Yet you're considering not letting him go by himself to a concert. Now, I will say this a little astisk on the side. You're his dad, you know more about him, you know, you know we don't, but I kind of know. Eventually you got to cut the cord and he didn't come out of your womb in your cording him.
Speaker 12: It felt good when I went to a show with him, you know, and him and I just there and I see other kids with just their friends who their parents probably just drop them off and they're doing stuff.
Speaker 4: But isn't part of life doing stuff and figuring out what stuff that you can do you should do? You shouldn't do it like that's gonna happen regardless. Do you want it to happen when he's seventeen like now, or do you want them to wait until they can go absolutely out? Then you go even harder the longer you're held back from it, when you're exposed to it. Why do you think in America we have such an alcohol problem because we don't allow it in any capacity until twenty one. Legally you have to sneak it or then when it's time to go. If you never had it, you go crazy. In other countries that have near the alcoholism rate, you know why, because it's not a big deal at twelve years old, they have a little drink at dinner.
Speaker 1: Well in Europe for sure, absolutely.
Speaker 4: So that's the situation here is if you keep holding him, he's going to go even harder. It's like a homeschool kid goes to college. Yeah, they go crazy, go eight so you should let him go. Eventually you have to let him go. Or when he's eighteen, he just goes.
Speaker 6: Do you talk to him about drinking and vaping? What do you say?
Speaker 12: I just say, hey, I just want to make sure you're not hanging out your friends, like you're not doing anything like that, right, because.
Speaker 6: It's but what if you were to like, how do you say?
Speaker 10: And if you did and you came to me and said this, what do you have to do any of that? Or if you're ever in a situation call me no questions asked?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've done that too, But do you do no questions asked?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, we asked at some questions, you will be interrogated.
Speaker 1: And I don't even hate that. I don't even hate that. Yeah, but I don't even know if this is about.
Speaker 4: Vaping or drinking. I mean that's all it is, really because it's not the cont The show's fine. You're just wondering what he'll do with friends when you're got around.
Speaker 12: I mean, you have four buddies. That's when everyone says like, come on, let's do it, let's do let's go do that.
Speaker 6: Okay, so if he's going with two would be okay.
Speaker 4: Well maybe two is just I don't know. I don't know. The whole thing just makes me a little naked. And it should because this is your son. It's my first time. Yeah, you should. I'm glad. I'm glad. You're nervous. It means you care. We only get nervous about things that are are important to us. I think he's seventeen. If he's been in a positive state, school's being good, his actions have been good. Of course, you let him out. Let him, give him some rope, see what he does with it. Okay, let him go, amy, Yeah, let him go watch box.
Speaker 1: Let him go.
Speaker 7: Dude, it sounds like you're worried you're getting left behind. You're like, oh, I went to the concert with him. I don't want him to go with his buddies. He's gonna have fun without me. That's what you're worried about.
Speaker 8: Let the kid go. He's seventeen years old. You sound like a loser.
Speaker 4: Okay, drop him off?
Speaker 1: No, no, he d gosh, no, Hey.
Speaker 6: Who are the parents of teenagers? Here?
Speaker 1: Me and Eddie?
Speaker 6: Eddie, you could offer If he says.
Speaker 4: No, we're going to tell you guys, you're losers.
Speaker 6: I'm not a loser.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If you're taking your eighteen year old seventeen year old and going, I must drop you off or you can't go.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: No, I didn't say to say that, but I say he could offer, because I think if I were to offer, if my daughter was going with some of her girlfriends and I offered to drop them off and pick them up so they didn't have to mess with parking and downtown stuff, she'd probably be like, oh, yeah, that'd be awesome.
Speaker 4: If it's offered as a hey, instead of you guys having to dribe.
Speaker 6: That's what I think.
Speaker 4: That's not what he's doing, and I would I would make it fun too. You're doing it's different than what he's proposing. He wants to do it to have an extra eye at the latest time possible.
Speaker 10: We get a little bit of both, but just present it as casual, laid back, and then you get the benefits of having the extra.
Speaker 8: When they get out of the car and everybody gets the wall, let me.
Speaker 4: Check what you're carrying with you, and then when they come back, he's in a breathalyzer. I'll definitely do the smell test.
Speaker 13: Let him.
Speaker 4: Okay, let him go, and when he comes back, though, give him a curfew, and when he comes back, see what's up be waiting for him. Okay, but I think you should let him. I love it. Like I'm not asking my wife. I'm asking you guys. I'm sure you and your wife will have this talk. And what does she think? We haven't talked about it yet. Oh my god, really bringing it to you guys first.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 4: And I'm the perfect person to ask for one because I have no kids and I had no rules growing up at all. I'm the worst. Okay, good luck. Let us know how it goes.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 14: Number two, Lunchbox got upset with me this week. I mean, what's new? No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: But he did concept because I got to be on the news and he didn't. But he could have been had this particular place asked him, but they didn't, and we shared some clips from the news segment and he thought I did horrible.
Speaker 4: Number five, So Morgan came in late the other day to work, and I just want everybody to know why Morgan came in late. Was not a massive deal to me because I said that she could do it, but Morgan went and didn't. The News wanted to talk to Morgan. I know who's going to be sensitive about this? What the news about?
Speaker 8: What? What could the news want Morgan.
Speaker 4: For the News had reached out to Morgan to ask her to come on camera and talk about something specific. So that's what's up. I wanted to wait till the show to reveal it because a couple people were like, hey, Morgan was late. She wasn't late. She told me what she was going to do. She had to go be on TV. Morgan, do you want to say what you were doing? Or do you want to leave it and let us sleeping dog lie as they.
Speaker 14: Say, well, what would you like me to do?
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 4: I would love you to say it. I would love you to say exactly what you're doing?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, Folds of Honor invited me to go talk about the celebrity softball game.
Speaker 8: Are you freaking kidding me?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: For those out there, are you serious?
Speaker 7: Year after year I just get slided in this softball game.
Speaker 8: I do not understand this.
Speaker 1: So Folds of a are a great organization.
Speaker 4: They put on a charity softball game with celebrities and lunchboxes complaining about a couple of weeks ago because you got them. But I guess he got invited later than everybody else. And they want to talk to Morgan about playing in.
Speaker 7: It seems very weird. If they want a big celebrity, why would they ask Morgan? Like they want the most views, they want the most people's eyeballs.
Speaker 8: Morgan is not the one you would want.
Speaker 3: I mean, I do look a little bit prettier than you on camera, so maybe that's why.
Speaker 4: And she does speak well about it, and I think mostly that's what they want, someone who can speak well about the organization. Hey, what's Folds of Wonder to do, lunch bark.
Speaker 7: Oh, they give scholarships to people, women and soldiers that have lost their lives in battle. Soldiers, Yeah, are you talking about I do.
Speaker 8: It's not funny. It's not funny.
Speaker 7: It's not funny. They're just making enough parents. They gave the ultimate sacrifice serving our country. They give them scholarships to further their education.
Speaker 14: They're just all soldiers though, lunchbocks.
Speaker 8: No, they're gonna be first responders.
Speaker 4: Yeah soh yes, So we work with Folds of Honor and they do work with if the parents have passed away or died in war or died, they do make sure the kids are taking care of it. The family's taking care of it, which is how you said it.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine a camera going in he goes.
Speaker 8: So, But that's just it's was there another celebrity there?
Speaker 3: There was somebody from fulls of Honor that went with me, Well, what a waste of a segment.
Speaker 14: That's what you think?
Speaker 1: But I did great, I'm sure they did.
Speaker 4: How much does that upset you wanted? Ten scale?
Speaker 8: Probably ten?
Speaker 7: I mean, it's just like they had to go to the lowest fruit on the totem pole. They're like, lunch won't be the.
Speaker 4: Lowest fruit on the total hole. Not a saying emerged too, It's not saying that's like women as soldiers.
Speaker 1: Lowest fruit on the totem pole is not a saying he.
Speaker 4: Low hanging fruit and then highest on the lowest.
Speaker 8: Yes, the same different, No, it's not. But that's what do you ever think?
Speaker 1: That's why people don't have to the say stuff.
Speaker 8: Here's the thing. If you don't invent sayings, then they never get made.
Speaker 4: Like if you just saying you did you took to and smash it together because you don't know how to say the one.
Speaker 8: It's kind. But it's like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Speaker 7: You used to have toast with peanut butter and oh you and someone finally said, you know what, I'm gonna put those together and they made an amazing sandwich.
Speaker 8: So maybe I just made an amazing saying.
Speaker 4: So why is our fruit on a totem pole? So what does that make sense?
Speaker 7: Though there's not a lot of things that make sense, these sayings don't make sense.
Speaker 4: Lowest low hanging fruit. Yes, it makes sense because it's very easy to get. That's why that's called like ooh, no, need to go for the low hanging fruit. Like if I were to. My wife gives me crabs some times about jokes. Alright, she goes, you're going to low hanging fruit. That's the easy one. Don't make work harder on the joke. So that's low hanging fruit. So that's why that exists. It's very so easy that anybody can get it. Now, totem pole, you've seen them, right, yeah, I've seen them like heads. So highest on the total pole, highest ranking, lowest on ton of pole, lowest ranking. Okay, that's what that would mean. Both of those have reasons that they exist, those sayings. Okay, fruit on a totem pole. They don't have fruit on tone poles.
Speaker 8: Maybe have you seen all the totem poles in the world.
Speaker 1: I have not.
Speaker 4: You got me?
Speaker 1: There you go, dang it.
Speaker 4: I didn't expect to be gotten today. Yeah, we can play Morgan's thing.
Speaker 8: We don't really need to.
Speaker 4: I'd like to hear it every tomorrow. Yeah, the next day, maybe at any time. I'll just play it out of nowhere. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: And you know what, it aired almost immediately after we did the interview, so there was no delay. There was no like waiting on it, you know, when he was on and we didn't know if it was going to air.
Speaker 4: No, we knew it was gonna We waded away forever for years. And they cut like eighty percent of it out on the news. No they didn't show you playing, Yeah they did.
Speaker 8: They gave me like three minutes of airtime.
Speaker 4: Do we want to make a bet on that? But on the three minutes of airtime? Yeah, because I think the whole story was three minutes.
Speaker 8: The whole story was three minutes. I think so it wasn't me the whole time.
Speaker 4: But how much how much over under you on camera in that new story.
Speaker 8: Ooh, that's a good question.
Speaker 4: You said three minutes I carried the one. You go ahead.
Speaker 12: Now there's money involved, probably forty five seconds exactly.
Speaker 4: I'd still go under. But yeah, different Morgan. Great job, you're promoting a great organization, women and soldiers.
Speaker 14: That's you know. I'm going to try think that in the I mean, they got.
Speaker 7: Someone that couldn't even hit a home runs like I mean, they want someone that could hit the softball. They would get me. We saw the home run derby, right, Yeah, maybe they missed that they wanted and like I said, one of the worst players in the game. Hey come Marcher, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It was more about the organization than her celebrity factor than you.
Speaker 3: I think they also knew I'd put the organization first and it wouldn't be about me.
Speaker 7: I mean, I have a Folds Honor shirt I wear sometimes in public, Folds Oh Honor.
Speaker 8: You want to check the tape I set up.
Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan.
Speaker 14: Number two, Gavin Adcock stopped by the show.
Speaker 3: It was his first time in the studio and it was fun to hear about him in the rise of his career and all things that are happening right now. And not to mention, we found an old DM from him that he messages the show back in I think it was twenty twenty one asking us to play a song, so very full circle moment hearing this whole interview happened, but I didn't see that DM till after he was out of our studio, so we didn't addressed it with him. But really crazy think about this has happened also with Jackson Dean as well.
Speaker 14: Guys.
Speaker 3: There's so many dms that come in and I try to keep up with them all the time, but kind of hard, so there's some that gets missed, and it just so happened that I missed Jackson Dene and Gavin Adcock, but he did come in studio and got to talk all about it, so it was fun to hear from him and see what he's up.
Speaker 14: To right now.
Speaker 1: Number four so Bobby Bones Show Interviews. In case you didn't know.
Speaker 4: I'm about to talk to Gavin Adcock, who got famous four or five years ago, not for music, but he played on the Georgia Southern football team and he was on the team bus and we're driving off to a game. He's on top of the bus. They throw him a beer. He chugs the beer on the bus in his jersey, got kicked off the team. I remember him going viral for that, and now he's a big star. There we go on the Bobby Bones Show now, Gavin Adcock, Gavin, good to see you, buddy.
Speaker 13: Good to see you too, Bob.
Speaker 4: It's rare that the first time I meet an artist is with their parents. That's what happened with us.
Speaker 13: Yeah, in the lobby the hotel, they seem.
Speaker 4: I walked into the lobby and Gavin's there. Gavin, you were fully you know, show attire like you went hard, and your parents as normal as can be, look like they adopted like some rowdy kid off the side of the road. It is awesome.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they I flew them out of the ACM's and my show closes keep getting elevated every time, a little bit more crazy.
Speaker 4: I saw a headline because you just did two sold Ice shows here in Nashville, and I don't know he as a person yet, but the headline was booze filled rave Gavin Adcock and I was like, what's he doing in his shows? So why would they write a headline like that.
Speaker 13: I think it's just because everybody gets so involved in the music during the show. When you come, it's they're singing every word. Every song doesn't matter if it wasn't necessarily a hit three years ago when I let it out, it's a hit to them, and I see people just lose their self in the song and just throw an empty cup and just get him, just have a out of body experience on some of these songs.
Speaker 4: We had some PBR guys in a few days ago, and you know, these guys are doing bull riding a bunch of bear back. But that was kind of like a dream of years early on, right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, When I was a little kid, I was working feeding cows with my daddy on the farm and we watched bull riding together on the weekends. I'd sit with him in his chair and I wanted to be a bull rider, and he broke me into that while he showed me the movie eight Seconds when Laane Frost died, and I was like, you know what, I don't know about that.
Speaker 4: You just spoiled it for everybody. I hadn't seen that movie yet.
Speaker 13: Well, I'm sorry. Sorry, it's been out for thirty something years plus, So you're good, you're behind now.
Speaker 4: I'm not an athlete like you were. I got like broken fingers and stuff. My bones hurt like a day like today. That's like your knee kill you.
Speaker 13: It does. The weather really tightens up my knee. I tore it up and really started my career with my knee injury because I'm not in side person. I'm an outdoors kind of guy, and I was stuck in the house. So I I coped with that by writing music, and I just fell in love with it.
Speaker 4: What did you do with your knee? What was the injury?
Speaker 13: I tore my patella meniscus and had two fractures, one in the one in the famer and one at the bottom of my knee.
Speaker 4: Was that Did you do it playing football?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Your freshman year.
Speaker 13: No, it was my senior year actually, going into my last season.
Speaker 4: Oh you played how many years did you play football?
Speaker 13: Four and a half?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Because I was looking at some of your stats and you had starts like you were actually an actual player. Did you start on the offensive line or did you play defensive.
Speaker 13: I played d line, nose guard.
Speaker 4: What'd you play in high school?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 13: D end and offensive guard both sides? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Small school?
Speaker 13: Or did you just Division like or not Division but three? A sound but pretty We were four by the time I got out of there.
Speaker 4: What was recruiting like for you in high school?
Speaker 13: Not very good?
Speaker 4: You didn't have a bunch of letters, a bunch offers.
Speaker 13: Nah, just some smaller schools like Division two and different stuff. But I just figured if I wanted to go, I wanted to go as big as I could. So I asked my head coach, I said, do you know anybody down at Georgia Southern, because a few of my friends were going down there, and he said, yeah, I coached with a guy for a little while that is coaching down at Georgia Southern. I went down there and was a preferred walk on a couple of years, started playing and got a scholarship.
Speaker 4: So did they do the whole thing where it's like, all right, everybody in you don't know the scholarship's coming, and they're like, coach, who's good news scholarship?
Speaker 13: Gavin? Yeah, yeah, it was right for our bowl game that we played. They did it in the team meeting.
Speaker 4: Did you not know what was coming? I had a.
Speaker 13: Feeling, but I didn't know, so they got me.
Speaker 4: Sounds like my wife and I proposed. I mean she asked like she didn't know it was coming, but she but she did kind of. So what was going up in your hometown?
Speaker 5: Like? Was it?
Speaker 4: Is it Watkinsville? Is that was calling?
Speaker 13: Yes? It was a small town when I was little, And we're probably like an hour from Atlanta east hour and twenty and as Athens has moved west and Atlanta has moved east, it's turned into a bigger city than I enjoyed it when I was a little kid. It was a I grew up on a cattle farm and working with my daddy and going to stockyards and different stuff. And it was a pretty country heavy community. A lot of country music in the town, and uh, everybody just loved listening to the radio.
Speaker 4: What was the first concert you went to Tim McGraw at in Atlanta?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 13: I think it was called Aaron's Amphitheater at the time, but I think it's Lakewood now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a what do you remember about that show?
Speaker 13: He come out with high energy right off the bat and stirred everybody up and it was just a party, and it was it was about the time he had let out uh like cowboy and mean and uh live like you were dying.
Speaker 4: When, how ever, you decided you weren't going to play sports anymore. Had you already been dabbling music like as far as like learning how to play guitar? Or is that why you went and got a guitar because you felt like you needed to put that energy into something.
Speaker 13: Well, I got a guitar when I was sixteen, and I didn't learn how to play it or attempt to play it until I was twenty two. The Sunday before I tore up my knee. On that Tuesday, I hit up a guy from my hometown that I went to high school with and said, what are you doing this week? He said, not much? What are you up to? I said, I'm down here at Georgia Southen you want to come play guitar?
Speaker 4: And this is before you hurt your knee?
Speaker 13: Yes, this is before I hurt my knee Tuesday tore up my knee. He come down Wednesday, played a handful of songs and just took off running right there.
Speaker 4: How'd you start writing songs?
Speaker 15: You do it?
Speaker 4: By yourself, just in a room.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I just would find a tempo and find a melody because I wasn't very good at guitar at the at the time when I started, and I'm still working on it and still learning every day, but I just write with him, find a beat, find a melody, a whistle, a home and just right from there.
Speaker 4: What was the first song that you could play and sing at the same time. What was the first song you learned where you do both?
Speaker 13: What was the first song? Was called Going Gone? It was a it was a get to walk down to the e minor see and slide it over and uh, it was one of the biggest songs I ever had when I started out in my first year.
Speaker 4: Wait, what about that you learned that you didn't write?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 4: Was that? Was that the first song you learned? You wrote the first song you ever learned? See? That would be like next level?
Speaker 13: Oh no, no, like first.
Speaker 4: Like the first Yeah, the first song you ever picked up a guitar like, and you were like, oh I can because it was hard to sing and play at the same time at first, I.
Speaker 13: Was, Uh, I played when you say nothing at all like Keith Whitley, and it's just KO two D A minor G A min the heck yeah, And that was the first one. And then I learned uh Troubadour by George Straight. And then there's a bunch of Hank songs I can play because he plays about like me, just G C and D. Dude.
Speaker 4: People think you're older than you are.
Speaker 13: They've always thought that. They've always been like you, even when I was in high school. You in college? Are you graduate from college? I'm like, no, I'm seventeen, but yeah, I think people think I'm twenty six right now. I'll be twenty seven in October.
Speaker 4: But first time you ever got paid to play music? Where was it?
Speaker 13: Statesburg, Georgia. I hit up the main bar there. I was a couple of months into playing, had one song out. Hit up the main bar. They said I could play for free drinks and I was like, no, I've kind of got a little bit of a following. It ain't much, but around here I got a following. So I went to their bar, which is their competition, and told them and they were like, yeah, we'll pay you three hundred bucks come out here and sing on Sylver this week on Tuesday night. And I was like hell, yeah, we're coming. And we went out there. We killed it. The bar was packed full, and the owner come up to me and he gave me five hundred bucks instead of three and said it was great tonight. So I was like, I like this.
Speaker 4: At the other bar, they were just sol because they only were to pay you drinks.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they hit me up the next day and was like, we gotta get you come play. I was like, well, dang, I hate I had to go over here to get you to hit me up. But I guess that's how it works sometimes.
Speaker 4: What about your parents, what do they think about all this? Because it's it's it's exploded for you.
Speaker 13: They're really excited for me, and they're they're they're great. They've supported me the whole time, never never told me to not chase my dreams or been like I don't know about that, yeah, but it's gonna be really hard, or they've they've just always been very confident in me. And my mama just worries. She wants me to stay me. That's what she always says. She's just always worried that money in the road and me and everybody it would change who I am, and I'm I'm pretty confident that it's not going to but she just worries about that. A good bit.
Speaker 4: You get about a year and a half to be out of your mind, and then you got to get back because if you don't get out of your mind, I don't want you go out of your mind. You got it like a year and a half, two years kind of good, and then you kind of realize I had the saint for me. It's if you go two and a half years out of your mind, then you kind of stay that version. I'll talk to her if you need to. Yeah, I mean like he's good. You got good people around you too.
Speaker 13: I think I've been out of my mind way before I started making music.
Speaker 4: Uh the dream buying her like a ranch? Is that what you want to do?
Speaker 13: Yeah, no doubt. I've I've just bought my first place in Tennessee about a year ago, which is on a on about six seven acres, and that's gonna be my house until I save up enough money to buy one hundred two hundred acres somewhere.
Speaker 4: And where do you want that one hundred two hundred acres? Like back home?
Speaker 13: I don't know about back home. It's a it's pretty played out is what I I'd say it's played out in terms of land situations down there, A lot of it's already bought.
Speaker 4: Oh so you mean I already bought? Like I'm played out because like everybodys heard my stories one hundred times. So you don't mean that. You mean there's nothing else.
Speaker 13: There's Yeah, there's not. There's not much else over there. I'm I like Texas, and uh if I go east in Tennessee from here to Knoxville, find a nice place you want animals? Yeah, cattle?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I look at this guy, he's already further ahead than I am. A cowboy. He's like don yeah like him?
Speaker 13: What do you do?
Speaker 4: Put any products in your here?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 13: Every once in a while during a photo shoot, I'll if it's like a windy day, I'll put a little bit in there because it'll blow around. But I just throw a hat on in the mornings after a shower.
Speaker 4: Have you always had the kind of long hair once you grow it out?
Speaker 13: I started growing it out in college, probably my sophomore year.
Speaker 4: How much a haircut costs now around here?
Speaker 13: Dang kidney, Yeah, it's like eighty bucks around here my hometown. You go get a twenty dollars haircut?
Speaker 4: Do you have a place? Do you have a specific person here now?
Speaker 13: Yeah? Well I can't call her out now, ye.
Speaker 1: Know for sure?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 4: What about now? Because you have to do so much on camera under lights or photo shoots? What about the whole putting makeup on things?
Speaker 13: I don't don't want to put a makeup on.
Speaker 4: I just don't do that at all.
Speaker 13: I'd rather look rough now.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 4: I love the makeup. Can't put enough on me?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right, Gavin Adcock is here, Your guitar is here, you want to grab it? Pay place a little something? How about And I don't know if you're cool with this, but you mentioned playing George strait T. Would you mind, you know, going back in time and playing it's one of those first songs you learned. Oh I'm sorry we can't post the live performance on the podcast, but if you go to our YouTube page you can watch it there or maybe listen live.
Speaker 13: Okay, all right, now back to the podcast.
Speaker 4: Come on, great jobs, dude, that's oftimey. That's how he started already, good came out of the wound good. I So I'm gonna ask you about a couple of year songs here we're about to play Never Call Again, and I was looking at a lot of the songs that you've written. Tell me about this song, like where to Come From? Who you walk into a room with the idea where to come from?
Speaker 13: I'll come up with the guitar. A few days before the ride and I had these young group of writers that I had been written with separately in town and it just felt felt good for the group of people. I was bringing it into Colton Venner, Joy, Beth Taylor and Jack Routing three. I think everybody's probably under the age of twenty five twenty six years old, and I brought it in there and we just started figuring out how it made us feel. And I just said, it kind of makes me feel like I wouldn't forget about that girl if everything didn't remind me about her. And we took off running with that, and it'll be the first song. We just sent it to radio yesterday.
Speaker 4: Actually, it feel good when you finished it, good as in, like, man, this is a little different, this one feel special.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it gave me chills, and it would like almost I get emotionally attacked some of these songs and I fall in love with him off the bat like it's kind of like if I could hear that song for the first time again. When I played it in the truck the phone demo, I got chills and it's kind of like made me choke up a little bit. I just thought it was so good.
Speaker 4: We're going to play it now. This is never call again. It's a new Gavin at Cock. Gavin, great to see you man.
Speaker 13: Great to see too, Bobby Do.
Speaker 4: Congratulations on all your success. I mean people talk about you when you're not around in a great way. I mean, you're that guy right now. It's like, have you seen the numbers? Have you seen the ticket sales? Have you seen like? You're that guy. So congratulations. Remember you only got two years ago crazy. Oh then you got to get it back a little bit. I told you all right, well, don't get me crazier. Gavin Adcock and you guys follow at Gavin adcog Music. Good to see you, buddy and hopefully I will see you soon. Sorry, Gavin Adcock.
Speaker 3: Every day.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan Number two.
Speaker 3: Does using a straw make you look feminine? That was the topic of conversation this week and it's all because there's a new story about a congressman who claimed this that only the females in his household you straws. So we had a whole debate about it, and I think all of us had a surprising reaction that I don't know that any of us started with when we first heard the story.
Speaker 14: So I don't know. Listen, give us your.
Speaker 1: Hot take number three.
Speaker 4: I never thought using a straw was masculine or feminine. But there's a congressman from Tennessee who says straws that's what the women in my house do.
Speaker 11: Oh oh wow, so.
Speaker 4: Say that. Representative Tim Burchett said in a recent interview that he does not use straws, telling Fox News that this is quote what women in my house do. The Fox News producer asked lawmakers in both chambers of Congress on Thursday about rules for men and bird Chit said men should not drink out of straw with straws in public or at all. I don't drink out of a straw, brother, that's what the women in my house do. Oh he did at the beginning of that. Yeah, that makes sense. W k r N with the story question, is it feminine? To use a straw. No, you're a girl though.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm saying, I don't look at a man and think, oh what a feminine man.
Speaker 6: He's using a straw.
Speaker 4: Got it, got it, got it?
Speaker 6: I feel like I can have an opinion about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're a girl, though yours is a different Oh, because you're going to be more accepting.
Speaker 10: Okay, I just have not. I never thought this was a thing. Y'all use straws, don't you.
Speaker 4: I I love a straw, you love. I can't get it into my mouth fast enough. Also tracks if you just.
Speaker 12: Have like a glass of water and like no lid, no nothing, you're not in a fast food place, do you look for a straw to drink it out of it?
Speaker 13: I will.
Speaker 4: Quickly monitor the area see if I can find a straw.
Speaker 8: That's a bad look.
Speaker 4: That's not good.
Speaker 8: It's a bad look.
Speaker 4: Morgan, what do you think?
Speaker 3: It's funny that this is coming up because my boyfriends had to start using my stanley because he lost his water bottle.
Speaker 14: And it's kind of funny.
Speaker 3: Now I make fun of him because he walked around drinking out of a straw in his Stanley and it looks funny.
Speaker 6: Well, the whole Stanley's feminine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, now we got a little edge from Amy. Yeah, okay, you can't.
Speaker 10: You can do a straw, but you can't stand.
Speaker 1: Now like where she's coming from. Okay.
Speaker 4: So if I'm going to use a mug or a Stanley or something, if I'm going to like go to somebody's house to play pickleball, went to somebody and we have like a cabinet with like six or seven of them, I always try to grab them on the straw or the handle or the flip up that I can suck on. That's okay, that's okay.
Speaker 1: What's the difference?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 7: The flip up is just part of the contraption. The straw sticking way out looks real weird.
Speaker 4: So the flip up suck is okay, but the straw suck isn't.
Speaker 6: You probably just did get a screw cap.
Speaker 4: See I knew it. Hey, I knew she'd come.
Speaker 8: Right now, you say it, I don't. Mine is screw. The lark is a screw.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I have a flipbup you do, like I want a straw?
Speaker 8: Oh that's my bike one.
Speaker 7: My bike one is a flip up Because when you're riding, you gotta squirt in your mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you squirt, You don't just drink.
Speaker 8: It's like you said, the red light, you squirt it.
Speaker 12: You should get a squirt one because you don't want to put your lips on that.
Speaker 4: Why are you guys looking at me now? Judge?
Speaker 1: Are you changing your mind?
Speaker 6: I think you could get a squirt mood or screw run?
Speaker 4: Are you changing your mind about straws?
Speaker 6: I'm sort of changing my mind about staws.
Speaker 10: Like if we're talking like fast food, you've got a straw, no problem. But if you're actively seeking out a straw at home.
Speaker 1: For your comp I do we have glass straws?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I like to drink out of at home because I don't want to waste all the plastics. Why do you need a straw at home? I just like sucking them. See that's it right there. So you guys think got's onto something, Maybe.
Speaker 12: Not necessarily because it's not every straw Like Amy said, a fast food place, Hey, what are you going to do?
Speaker 4: Take the lid off? And no, it's already had the straw, Like, drink it, okay if you're in your house though, he said, that's what the women in my house do But I guess he means it's the women that lives there though not just in the house. But if you came over and I was drinking a drink and I added a straw in my house, you guys would think that was weird. Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 6: I kind of feel like I need to see it.
Speaker 8: No, it's weird. I mean, no one sits around.
Speaker 6: I mean if you're grabbing for a stanley, yes, that's weird.
Speaker 12: Like when you're like trying to drink out of it, do you get your tongue to like find it first, because then we got problems probably.
Speaker 4: But again, I can also see it, I guess if it's dark. But if I can see it, no, I just got right in my mouth.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Like if you're sick and you can't move your head and you're in bed, then yeah, you can use the straw.
Speaker 7: Yeah, or dark You're like if you have a bunch of casts and you can't move your and they need to put your mouth cool like you your bed ridden.
Speaker 8: I get it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So then let me ask again, since we've talked this out a little bit, is using a straw feminine just generally speaking?
Speaker 10: Gosh, I did not think so at the beginning of this, but I, you know, have the right to change my mind.
Speaker 4: Sometimes they don't have a straw and they only have the little coffee stirs. They have a straw, I'll use that as a tiny tiny Yeah, I just really like a straw.
Speaker 6: Interesting, a little teeny tiny.
Speaker 4: Sometimes Yeah, yeah, Okay, is using a straw feminine? Aiming your final vote? Yes, lunch Box Morgan, it is Eddie I'm gonna go with Yeah, yeah, it is.
Speaker 6: Wow, But this is not. I don't I don't even know. I'm gonna say it was a politician.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to know. You're the only one I'm going to know. It is not feminine.
Speaker 6: Yes, this is not. I'm not. I don't want us to get political here.
Speaker 4: I don't really think this is political. I don't think this is an issue dividing, you know.
Speaker 6: I'm just we're just stating our own opinions here. This has nothing to do with anybody's politics.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's from w k R and okay, with a twenty percent of of it is not feminine. That's where I come in. So I lost that election.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 4: All right, Jason Aldan, here's a masking guy for you he doesn't drink n I guarantee you don't drink.
Speaker 1: Out of it? Does it's Nicole's whoa, Oh you don't know that. Do you think? He goes in the closet drinks out of straw, so he feels good. He's a closet straw drinker.
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: Gretchen Wilson stopped by the studio is also her first time and it was really cool to hear from her. Not only does she talk about Redneck Woman and the inspiration behind that song, but also that she's doing something cool with here for the party and oh of course she was on the Mass Singer and so we got all the behind the scenes details with her.
Speaker 14: So this is Gretchen Wilson on The Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 1: Number two. There we go on the Bobby Bones Show. Now, Gretchen Wilson.
Speaker 4: Gretchen, good to see you. What do you have with you?
Speaker 11: What do I have with me?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that from Pearl?
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 11: It's a little part of Pearl that I brought.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Is that a glove?
Speaker 11: It's both of them? Yeah? These were my These were my hands.
Speaker 4: Don't they look small, so funny.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and they're off, they're kind of dirty. I was surprised at but they sent them to me just so I could have them for things like this, so that I can bring them around and show a little piece of my other self.
Speaker 11: They want them back.
Speaker 15: I have to they want them back. We have to FedEx them back. Actually, my publiciers like, don't forget the gloves. They're asking me about them.
Speaker 4: I would make fake ones and send the fake ones back to look like that.
Speaker 15: Well, you know, I have four dogs at home, and my mom this morning was just like tell them that the dogs ate them, you know, I mean.
Speaker 11: My dog actually probably happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So I have some questions about that show, specifically, who can you tell that you're on the mask singer?
Speaker 11: You can't tell anyone.
Speaker 15: I mean, I actually am so surprised at how how they keep the integrity of the secrets and the hush hush like the whole time. I was there for a month long work days, very strenuous, and you have to wear this hoodie and this visor that's taped. It's even taped on the inside, so you only have two little tiny squares that you can see through. Gloves can't show your hair, your skin, your ankles, your fingers, nothing so so the whole time I was there, I had absolutely no idea who I was competing against.
Speaker 1: Oh, you didn't even know who you were? Absolutely not thought about that.
Speaker 15: No, I had to watch, just like the viewing audience at home, to see who was being unmasked. Every The only one I knew was who came in second place, Andy Grammar, because they let us unmask in front of each other.
Speaker 11: But that was it. I didn't know anybody else the whole time. It was a guessing game.
Speaker 4: What about your family though?
Speaker 15: So very few people obviously my publicist knew hair and makeup artist who's been with me for over twenty years.
Speaker 11: She's the only one that went out there with me.
Speaker 4: Wait, why did you you hear a makeup done?
Speaker 15: Well, there is the unmasking at some point, just in case, because you could get unmasked at any at any given moment. Every time you go out there, it could be your last performance, so you have to be ready to Oh, see that look as good as you possibly can underneath the and I mean, if you saw it, I was pretty dang sweaty. I looked like I looked like a regular old, middle aged woman who just.
Speaker 11: Worked her ass off.
Speaker 4: But that's funny.
Speaker 11: But I mean we did the best we could under the mask.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when I did Dancing with the Stars, we had to take our suitcases fully packed every show because you might be going because we might be going home. I never thought about that, like.
Speaker 15: Yeah, So, I mean, I guess it's probably a lot easier for the guys. They don't do as much styling. But you know, some of the girls take that mask off, and it's like, did they just spend an hour and a half doing air and make up before.
Speaker 11: They took that head off?
Speaker 4: When did they come to you? How far ahead before you left? Did they come to you and say do the mass singer? And what did they say to convince you to do it?
Speaker 11: Well, they had been asking.
Speaker 15: I think they asked several times, and I was just, you know, I was just like me, you know, dancing around in a costume. I just it just didn't make sense. But then a few years ago, I was one of the first in I think town, early in twenty twenty to get COVID, and it threw me for a loop. I'm a long hauler, I've gotten now high blood pressure. These are all things that I didn't have before. And then I fell dancing with a six year old boy doing ring around the rosie. I fell and just demolished my left leg ankle was just you know when you see on YouTube videos sometimes the foot hanging the wrong way.
Speaker 11: That's what I did.
Speaker 15: And so I had like about a solid year and a half of just I don't know if I'm ever going to get back, you know, get back to walking wearing these shoes. My health was so bad it took forever to get the right medication. So this time when they asked, I was on the rebound. I was getting healthier, I'd finally found good doctors and all of that. And I thought to myself, I was scared. I was scared to go back out on tour. I didn't know if I could still do it. And I thought, if I can go out there and I can do something that's so outside of my norm, something that pushes me to my limit, I mean hard rehearsals for choreography and just stuff that I'm not used to, if I can do that, then I can keep going for a while. And so for me, it was really about testing myself and proving to myself that I could still do this for another you know, however many years.
Speaker 4: Wow, I didn't know you hurt yourself so bad. It was And while you're sick, it's also like you're dealing with long COVID and you also can't get your body in.
Speaker 11: I gain like sixty five pounds, so it's.
Speaker 4: Broken and your whole systems. I was in a wheelchair.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I was in a wheelchair for like almost eight months, casted from over the knee all the way down to the middle of my foot.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry to hear that.
Speaker 15: Yes, And it was just yeah, and it was just a long recovery and then depression, Like I was one of those you know, I'm an old fashioned redneck from out in the country.
Speaker 11: I'm like, depression.
Speaker 15: I don't believe in that, you know, and then it happens to you, and then you're like, dang, this is real, you know, Like I really my everything.
Speaker 11: Just felt bad for a while.
Speaker 15: I just I didn't even feel like I was inside of my own self, like I thought I was in someone else's skin. And it just took a lot of determination, a lot of prayer obviously, and a lot of hard work and believing in myself, but yeah, the Mask singer definitely gave me that that just kind of push.
Speaker 4: You seem so energetic and even magnetic right now, Are you feeling good?
Speaker 11: I feel good. I feel like that.
Speaker 15: In my life, I have had so many things working against me, and I've always sort of just just I don't know if it's just the way I was raised by the women around me just being such strong women, but I've always just been, you know, you're not gonna get me down kind of a person. But there was definitely in the last couple of years there was that moment, especially at my age. I'm you know, I'm no spring chicken. I'm coming up on fifty two years old. So I was like, well, maybe it's just time. Maybe this is God's way of saying slow down, just be an old woman like you're supposed to be, you know. But then, you know, with all the prayer and everything, it just made sense to me that God actually has a much bigger plan for me. And I know this sounds crazy, but it is not singing, even though that is like a miracle that I came from where I come from, and you know the things that have happened to me weren't supposed to. But I'm determined and I'm sure that this singing thing is still just a path to something else that I'm supposed to be doing, or I think I would have been hanging it up.
Speaker 11: You know a couple years ago.
Speaker 4: Is that suit heavy?
Speaker 11: It's very heavy, very heavy.
Speaker 4: Because I'm thinking about your foot, yes, and you're testing your longs obviously singing you're having to move around on that thing a lot. And if it's heavy, it was it very uncomfortable.
Speaker 11: It's it's mostly hot.
Speaker 15: I mean, I would say it's heavy, for sure, but there's just the heat and the kind of costume that I had. There was not even a little bitty sippy hole for like a straw to take a drink. So in long rehearsals and long you know, dry blocking sets that that would get kind of uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: But couse, you can't just pull your head off. But now are other people around you.
Speaker 11: No you can't.
Speaker 15: Sometimes they'd let you do the rehearsals with the visor. But that was still hot.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's heavy, it's it's hot, it's but you know what a lot of people don't know is that underneath it's it's a It's like a bicycle helmet that they just crank tighter and tighter and tighter, and then you wiggle and if your head starts to go over. But I mean, it's heavy enough that one of the performances they had me squatting down and inside of this little box and then when the music starts, I step up and I had to practice it three or four times because just lifting that head it was like lifting another person on my back to stand up straight. And I just thought, I'm not gonna get all the way up or I might go over backwards.
Speaker 4: When did you start to feel like you could win it?
Speaker 8: Who?
Speaker 15: I didn't think I was gonna win all the way till the end. I thought for sure that that Boogie Woogie had it. He was my favorite character. I mean the first time I heard him, seeing because we were in the same group. We started in the same group, and I was like, Oh, this guy's got it. Whoever he is, he's fabulous. He's just got the charisma. He played the character parts so well, and we actually kind of we were really high five in each other through the hallways, still not knowing who each other were. You know, we'd just call each other I just called him Boogie and he called me Pearl.
Speaker 6: That's crazy.
Speaker 15: But yeah, we had kind of a little character romance thing going on. And then yeah, I didn't. I was determined to win it when I got there, because I didn't fly all the way out there for nothing. You know, I wasn't going to do all of that just to go home right away. So yeah, I was in it to win it, but I didn't think I had it, And not even until the end.
Speaker 4: What happens right after show? After you win, you go sleep.
Speaker 15: You go to sleep, you try to get the cramping to stop, You hydrate. I mean, seriously, the hydration was probably the biggest thing for me, just being out there, not used to California really that I don't go that often, and just the wear and tear, so yeah, I mean there was twice that I had to have medics come and give me an IV in my hotel room.
Speaker 1: Wow, it was. It was not an easy show.
Speaker 4: Are the Codestents always singing live?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 15: Yeah, we sing live every time and there and now they do they do do some vocal recording. They're not really it's not that important, but I think they they do the vocal recording in case, you know, like it's a it's a live TV show with a with a live audience. I mean, what would happen if I fell and broke my leg again right before I was supposed to go on, you know, and they had to just sit me in a seat, Or what happens if I got laryngitis, you know all of a sudden. I think that they have it as a backup plan. But everybody from what I was listening to was live. And I'm pretty good at you know, if you hear no flaws at all, you have to question it. But you know, sitting back in my little pipe and drape listening to the other performances, it all seemed really live to me.
Speaker 4: You talk about where you came from, Poconnas, Illinois. Yes, what's your hometown?
Speaker 11: Like small?
Speaker 15: There's like seven hundred and eight hundred people there, like a little quick shop, really no traffic light there's Poconnas is a little bit bigger than pier On Sea. I had to pick a place when I got signed. They were like, you have to have a hometown. I was like, I really don't, though, I just lived everywhere. You know, I'm here for three months there for three months, I was born in Granite City, but I never lived in Granite City. You know, it's just a it was a weird childhood. So I had to pick a place. And my favorite childhood memories were in Pocahontas, and I did live there in two different spots there. But all around there they're all little towns of like five hundred, six hundred, seven hundred, mostly bars. There's really nothing to do but go to the tavern. You know, everybody's mom and dad and grandma and grandpa and aunt and uncles are all a member of some kind of bush pool league or you know, some kind of sand volleyball where everybody's just getting drunk and fighting. I mean, it's just it's just a lot of ignorant, drunken stuff. I mean, and it's still the same. I go back and I'll walk into the bar and there's the same old man with the same cigarette with the long curved ash hanging off of it. He's still drinking the same mugg a bush, you know, and it's like nothing changes around here.
Speaker 11: You know, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Why did you move to Nashville?
Speaker 15: Because I was had big dreams, you know, just like everybody else that moved to Nashville.
Speaker 11: I wanted to. I wanted to be Lorett Lenn.
Speaker 4: You know, how old were you when you moved here.
Speaker 15: I wasn't that young. I had had a pretty good deal going back home. I was in three different bands at the same time, playing every night. I was kind of the big star back home, and moved down here in probably ninety four and had to get a job ten and bar right away because it was, you know, now little fish.
Speaker 11: So yeah, and I.
Speaker 15: Got a job in the one place in all of Nashville that prides itself on never playing country music, which was really strangely Bourbon Street blues and boogie Bard.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I still live right over there on Prayers Alli. Yeah. So that's where you went to work.
Speaker 11: That's where I went to work.
Speaker 15: And I was making really good money, you know, worked five nights a week there, go in at three pm to open and stay there until three am to close.
Speaker 4: And were you singing at the bart all?
Speaker 15: So not at first, but then after I was there for a little while, I made friends with Stacy mitch Hart and Blues you can use band who he still plays there, and we're pretty good buddies. And he would start calling me up and you know, I was like the singing waitress and he'd just call me up. And but again I didn't get to do any any originals or anything that was country. I was singing, you know, Patty LaBelle and Aretha Franklin.
Speaker 4: Were you riding that?
Speaker 15: So when I worked at Bourbon Street is when I first met John and Kenny. John and Kenny just happened in there one night. I was behind the bar and they heard me sing and made their way up to talk to me.
Speaker 4: And was it like big and riches here? Was that the thing?
Speaker 1: Or did you know they were?
Speaker 11: They were still up and coming. Nobody knew them as big and rich.
Speaker 15: John had a solo thing that was going, and Kenny was trying his hand at the solo thing. But they had really first met right around that time and started writing together. So the music mafia was just beginning at that moment. And so that's when that's when they just asked me. You know, John said, how come you got a record deal? And you know, me, being who I am, I just kind of looked at him like, why you got one in your pocket? Because if you don't, you know, order a drink and get out of my face I'm busy. So that was kind of our first meeting. And then I got invited out to a music mafia at the Pubble Love and the kind of the rest.
Speaker 4: Is history, and you just that just became your group.
Speaker 15: Became my family. It became my musical my musical home, and my musical family. Yeah, we were all a little bit different, but we were all good and we were all good enough to hold an audience.
Speaker 11: And that was kind of what our motto was.
Speaker 15: It doesn't really matter what you play, whether it's electric guitar or a fiddle, or if you're, you know, a painter, or if you're a sword swallower.
Speaker 11: We don't care.
Speaker 15: As long as you're good at what you do and you can hold an audience, then you're welcome at the mafia.
Speaker 4: I saw you at the ACM Awards. I didn't.
Speaker 11: I saw you too.
Speaker 4: You get to talk to you because you know, everybody's moving all around. But I thought it was super cool because you got on stage with other new artists when it was you, it was a whole bunch of you guys.
Speaker 11: Yeah, other female vocalist artists that have won in the past year.
Speaker 4: It was twenty years sent you won the Award.
Speaker 11: Something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was really it was a really cool moment.
Speaker 1: It was it was.
Speaker 15: Neat to be standing up there with the likes of one owner and you know, just amazing, amazing women in the industry. Crystal Gale. Yeah, Sarah Martina, who's my Martina. I had to tell her a crazy story about one time I was going under for a surgery and the last thing I saw on TV as I was going under was Martina McBride. She was on one of the morning talk shows. And when I came out of anstejia, I was screaming at everybody, don't you mess with my Martina.
Speaker 11: And so I told her that story. That's a pretty funny story.
Speaker 4: I had a weirdo show up at my house looking for Martina, and I had to call her and be like, there's a weirdo looking for you. Yeah, like lock every door because they became.
Speaker 11: Because aces man.
Speaker 15: I had issues with a television show filming My Little Girl back in the beginning of my career, and they were asked not to, and it was actually in the contract that they would not film the kid, but they were doing it anyway, and I was losing my mind.
Speaker 11: I called John and John was like, I don't have any kids yet and called Martina.
Speaker 15: So I called Martina and she was just really really calming, very very cool about the whole situation. Gave me great advice. She's just a she's aces.
Speaker 4: What do you say to new artists if they're like Retchen, I'm twenty two and I just signed a record deal. What do I expect?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 4: What what kind of advice do you give them?
Speaker 15: Not to expect anything, because it's never what you expect. I don't think anybody when they come to Nashville following their hopes and dreams, really know what they're getting into, because no one, no deal is the same. Everybody's going to have a different kind of experience in it, especially now like I was, I think among one of the last to have like the real major record deal. Things really changed after that. Nobody goes to Walmart parking lots and does in stores and sign CDs anymore. You know, that was still going on, you know for me when I was a breaking artist. So it's so different. I don't know that I would have great advice because the world and just how you market yourself and how you present yourself is so different.
Speaker 11: I'd probably have to.
Speaker 15: Call my daughter and say, what advice would you give someone your age? But I mean, honestly, I think, just try to stay true to yourself. But remember that in every business, regardless of what it is you have to there are some concessions, there are some things that there's some give and take. If I could speak to my younger self, I would tell myself that be a little less nitpicky and demanding and be a little more open minded. You know, like my first album, I really there were three songs that I just did not want on that record, and I really fought and fought and fought, and of course the record label won. But now I look back at those particular songs and I'm so glad that they're on that record because they show a side of myself that I wasn't gonna show anybody, and you know, the producers knew better, and so be open minded.
Speaker 11: I think that's the best advice I can give.
Speaker 4: How much did Redneck Woman change your life?
Speaker 11: Redneck Woman was it?
Speaker 15: I mean, it was the whole People will tell you there are a lot of really talented people, but it takes the right voice, also, the right song and the right time those things have to kind of come together for you to have a really monster hit, and that's what happened with Redneck Woman. And it was just the perfect time. Women like me weren't really being spoken to or sung about. And you know, when I turned on the music channels, all I saw was beautiful women like Faith Hill rolling around in silk sheets. You know, I can feel you breathe, and I'm like, who the hell looks like that at six o'clock in the morning, you know, not me or anybody that I know.
Speaker 11: So it was just the time.
Speaker 15: It was time to write a song for women like me that were happy to be like me, that thought that their whole world was fulfilled living in a home and driving a pickup truck and raising kids and dogs, you know, and going to the football game on the weekend. Not everybody wants the same thing in life. And if that's what your life is, and that's what you're happy with, and you should be celebrated too.
Speaker 4: Did you and John just write that together?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 4: When you finished writing it, did it feel special? Did it feel like it had texture?
Speaker 15: It felt special to me because it felt like my home. You know, it felt like i'd finally truly written a song that really represented me. But now I think our our honestly our feeling was nobody's going to play this. It's you know, we were in in a moment in country music where that pendulum was swinging more towards the slicker sound, and we just thought that we might have missed missed our window, or that the timing wasn't right, and you know, girls weren't doing what I was doing at that moment. So it really that's the reason it worked, but we were afraid that it could be the reason that it wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Did it work immediately once they committed to it.
Speaker 11: No, the fans love it. Yes, the fans loved it.
Speaker 15: And if it hadn't been for the fans calling the local radio stations and demanding it, I'm not sure that it would have gone the way it did. Program directors didn't really love it that much. I mean, we got we got phone calls back at the label that I was hearing about, you know, some of them saying things like, we've been working for twenty years to get this redneck word out of our listener's mouth, you know, And it was really kind of up to me to define redneck it's like, you know, you guys have just decided all across this country that it's a bad word and that it means racist. But that's not what it means. It's not at all what it means. I mean, being a redneck has value. It's about where you come from, and it's really about being out in the field farming all day and coming back in the house and having a red neck from being out on a tractor all day long. That's what it's about. It has nothing to do with racism. And I became kind of the face of having to explain that to the world, and even the radio stations didn't want that word, and so to present myself as the redneck woman kind of took a lot of you know.
Speaker 4: I saw that you're doing the show with Blake Shelton, The Taylor Sheridan Show. You're the tour manager. Yes, that's exciting. Tell us about that show.
Speaker 11: It's it's really cool because in this show I get to show my face.
Speaker 4: You don't have to wear a really heavy costume.
Speaker 15: Yes, yeah, this is a really really cool opportunity. I think a lot of people are thinking that's just going to be another run of the mill, you know, talent competition, but it's really very different than any of the ones that I've seen anyway. This is this one moves across the country. It's a live audience in kind of a bar, like a large honky Tonk sort of situation. The audience that comes in every night is an audience that's coming to see Keith Urban. So all of these contestants really are an opening act for you know, an amazingly talented artist who goes out there every single show and just just nails it. I mean, I'm super huge fan of his now if I wasn't before, I'm just amazed by how professional he is. Yeah, my job was really just to prepare these kids for what it's really like to be on the road. It's not all a glitz and glamor. It's it's a lot of bus life. It's a lot of parking by dumpsters. It's a lot of making sure that you don't party too hard, get plenty of sleep, don't talk all day, you know, take care of yourselves. What songs are you going to sing? How are you going to beat the girl that was just up there before you. It was that kind of thing. I didn't have to take care of the buses and the hotels. Thank goodness, I just didn't have to really, No, I did. I did what a tour manager does on site, but not the logistics.
Speaker 4: No merchant, end of the night, none of that.
Speaker 11: Oh thank goodness.
Speaker 4: The show is called the Road and it gets this fall right.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I don't have an exact date yet, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Are you re recording here for the party?
Speaker 11: I am.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's what I've heard.
Speaker 15: So I'm going to go in and re record the first album entirely, but I'm gonna do it different. I'm gonna I'm gonna get guest artists on each on each song, and I've got a few in mind already, but I I'm kind of keeping my I'm keeping it open right now because there are a few people that I really think you haven't had the opportunity to be in the spotlight yet. That should be so some of the names, I think you'll recognize. Some of them you might just should have recognized already.
Speaker 4: And did performing again on the Masked Singer, because obviously you're a performer and a singer. But it'll make you feel comfortable with committing just to getting on the road doing a bunch of shows. Now.
Speaker 15: Well, yeah, I mean that was definitely one of the one of the things that I had to prove to myself. If I could do that, then I could get out there. I'm not going to say that it's easy to be on the road at my age.
Speaker 11: It's not. It's hot.
Speaker 4: You act like you're a hundred is the thing. You look great, you sound great, You're acting like you're walking here on a walker.
Speaker 11: Well I was. I was, Okay, I guess I don't know.
Speaker 15: You get that close to it all and you just maybe I'm just still in that fear mode, you know that, like every step I take. As you can see, I'm wearing really short boots now, I'm just like, yeah, I don't know about the high heels anymore. So yeah, I mean, I'm I'm definitely I'm not as young as some of them, you know, so I have to be careful. But I'm having fun on tour. You know, I've already done probably ten this year. I've got fifteen or twenty more on the books, and I'm actually having a lot of fun. The new band together, young kids in the band, got a lot of energy and they, Jeff, they make me have a lot of fun on.
Speaker 4: Stage, and a bunch of the shows and a lot of the places that were in Indiana, California doing Nashville, Detroit, Lakes, Minnesota, Tulsa, Oklahoma, Ocean City, Maryland. So you guys can catch gretching out on the road. Yeah, it's super cool to talk with you.
Speaker 11: Thanks for having me. It's cool to be here.
Speaker 4: I really appreciate you coming at Congratulations on the wind. I know how much hard work it is actually do that. It looks like to people it's like, oh good, but it's hard work.
Speaker 15: No, No, dancing would have been way that show. It was like an absolutely no for me from word go.
Speaker 4: Both their own difficult, but one of the most difficult parts is being away from home. Yeah, like just living in a hotel.
Speaker 15: Yeah, well you know what it's like to wear a lot of hats, you know. And also I saw you too at the award show. You were also wearing a lot of jackets, didn't I.
Speaker 4: See you chance jackets. There were times where like were breaking and they were like just get out there and fit, and I'm like, all right, I'll do it. So yes, yeah, I was being versative, being versatile and just doing it is my only talent.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you just got to trust in yourself.
Speaker 4: Just got to do it well. It has been super fun to talk with you. Congratulations to peerl Thank you is you but not really you.
Speaker 11: I'm going to add a couple of those songs to the show.
Speaker 4: I think, really, yeah, why that's fun?
Speaker 11: Why not?
Speaker 4: That's fine that if.
Speaker 11: I could keep the gloves, I'd wear them, but they won't.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, I would send back fake ones a little just like that, good idea, and they would never know the difference. We had the opportunity to buy our stuff on Dancing with the Stars, So I think.
Speaker 15: This stuff all goes into a museum of some of some sort, and then they put it out on display for a museum.
Speaker 11: A museum.
Speaker 4: Where's that museum?
Speaker 8: DC?
Speaker 4: Smithsonian? Right next to Smithsonian? You guys. Follow Gretchen on Instagram. Att Gretchen Wilson twenty seven. Gretchen, thank you for coming in. Congratulations and hopefully we will see you soon.
Speaker 11: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, Draft Day Baby. I don't know if you guys have seen the movie Draft Day with Kevin Costner, but it's one of my favorite sports movies.
Speaker 14: It's just so good the amp Up.
Speaker 3: But I don't watch the in real life Draft Day, so I don't get it, but I love this movie.
Speaker 14: Anyways.
Speaker 3: We drafted the best country songs from the two thousands, and it was a bit controversial because you know, there's so many country songs from the two thousands honestly are really great era of country music.
Speaker 14: So it was tough. This is a tough one, but listen, let us know your thoughts. You can still go vote.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it'll count, but you know, Bobby Bonestart com if you want to number one.
Speaker 4: We will be drafting best country songs from the two thousands. Raymundo, you're first. What is the best country song from the two thousands? Simple?
Speaker 9: I would like to go with Cowboy take Me Away by the Chicks.
Speaker 4: That's a great song.
Speaker 9: Yeo.
Speaker 4: I sadly did not have that in my top ten, and I sadly I am an idiot. That is a great song, Lunchbox best country song from what Oh it's fete nine nineties, but be sure to put next to it nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why it wasn't on my list. Ray anything you want to say back.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm just gonna need to talk to iHeart because they put out this list of two thousand's biggest country hits, so I'm gonna I will actually address it and email them today.
Speaker 4: So do we put poop?
Speaker 1: Did only go off as poop?
Speaker 10: I mean it was definitely being played a lot, I'm sure in the year two thousand.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, but so was the twist by Chubby Checker on hold these stations. So it's when it was released, right, Yep. I think we got to put poop.
Speaker 14: That's what we've done in previous drafts.
Speaker 4: If it didn't, yeah, okay, Ray drafts Poop is his first song, al Ray.
Speaker 1: Wow, there's a reason why Ray never win.
Speaker 4: Lunchbuck You're up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm gonna go with Chicken Fried by Zach Brown Band.
Speaker 4: That's a good one and not poop.
Speaker 1: Now that's two thousand and five, Okay, Morgan.
Speaker 14: Iconic Live Like You Were Dying.
Speaker 4: Tim McGraw can't argue with it. I can't argue with it. I'm gonna go with the song that Amy laid in her shower and cried.
Speaker 6: To Oh that's what I had.
Speaker 4: It's a great day to be alive. Travis Tritt. Yeah, classic game. He just laying in the zoo water rock going on. Okay, I have Travis Tritt. It's a great day to be alive. That song from two thousand Amy.
Speaker 10: Okay, I'm gonna go with a little thrown off because I thought that wouldn't make it to me.
Speaker 4: You must have more written down.
Speaker 1: Surely you have picked at least three.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, I have more, But now I struggle with what should be number one?
Speaker 4: Where you get two in a row because you're the end of the line and it starts with you again.
Speaker 6: All right, that helps me A blessed the broken road.
Speaker 4: Because God bless broken.
Speaker 1: Joe, you got extended out.
Speaker 4: I'm doing the very final one.
Speaker 1: Broh.
Speaker 4: Let me state to you, okay, I thought you got you get to do the first one of the second round.
Speaker 6: Chicken pride.
Speaker 4: Oh my good poo.
Speaker 1: The first time ever to.
Speaker 10: Poop who said he said something else?
Speaker 4: So you're me, Oh my goodness, this poop's on killing This is crazy way.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Amy has God blessed the broken Road and Poopy.
Speaker 6: I could have swore.
Speaker 1: May not finished last night.
Speaker 4: We've never had two poops. It's hard, okay. So Amy has I selected Blessed the Broken Road and poop Boy.
Speaker 6: It's over to me now I don't even care anymore.
Speaker 8: Okay, just kiddies over to me.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with Taylor Swift, Tim mcgirl, good one. I have that, Yeah, good one, Morgan.
Speaker 14: Do I do it because it's Oh, it's so iconic though.
Speaker 4: Best country songs from the two thousands.
Speaker 11: Danger.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do Red Dirt Road.
Speaker 1: That's where I found Jesus.
Speaker 4: It's a jam. They did that at our country festival. It's awesome. Lunchbox.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 7: It's a song that all the ladies love, all my redneck ladies. Give me a redneck woman.
Speaker 4: Bye bye.
Speaker 1: Let me look.
Speaker 8: Oh, come on, Ritch and Wilson.
Speaker 1: There you go, there you go, come on.
Speaker 4: Okay, good dude, Ray, so far you have poop We would you like to add from two thousand and eight?
Speaker 1: Confirmed you Belong with Me?
Speaker 12: Tata Okay, Okay, you're gonna write it like that, Tata.
Speaker 4: No, okay. So that's two rounds. We have one more round and now we start back with Ray, Taylor Swift, you Belong with Me and Poop by the Poop Brothers. What do you have in your third song.
Speaker 9: I want to say, I'm not totally on this one, but I believe Need You Now crossed over and was on pop as well, So I'm gonna do Need You Now.
Speaker 4: Two thousand and nine, nine lady a good? Okay, lunchbox that's chicken fried and redneck woman. And what will you be adding to yours lunchbox?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm making sure a you're here just because I'm getting nervous.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've got it. Tequila makes her clothes fall off. Joe Nichols.
Speaker 4: Well you already have that.
Speaker 8: That's two thousand and five.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well that's good, Morgan. You have lived like you were dying red dirt road. What will you be adding to your draft?
Speaker 14: Oh, there's two really good ones that I want to choose.
Speaker 8: Let me see what I'm already done.
Speaker 3: I can.
Speaker 8: Let me see what you're looking at.
Speaker 14: See if I have one and three and they're both so good?
Speaker 8: Oh man, I.
Speaker 4: Have, but I don't know what he says.
Speaker 1: He didn't win last round though.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Okay, I think you're gonna choose one of these, Boby, and that's why I might want.
Speaker 1: To take it.
Speaker 4: I have two that i'm deciding between.
Speaker 3: I'm curious if they're similar. I think I'm gonna go. Austin by Blake Shelton was.
Speaker 4: Not on my list. That's a great song, though. So I have two that I'm choosing between, and I think is one of them Chicken Fried?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: It is? And I think I'm gonna go with Chicken Fry. I'm gonna go with Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue right now.
Speaker 8: Toby is a good one.
Speaker 4: Why I thought he was gonna Yet I'm pandering a little bit. Yeah, yeah, okay, I see that, Yeah, a little bit America Sure Red recipes Toby. Yeah. More than picking my absolute favorite song, I'm pandering a little bit. You do you already have poop.
Speaker 1: All day long?
Speaker 6: You gotta have that.
Speaker 10: But like Jesus Ticked the Wheel, I don't. It's not one of my favorite songs, but it was huge, And.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's as pandering.
Speaker 8: You know, that's pretty pandering, is it. I mean that's about Jesus.
Speaker 1: I would yeah, yeah, I know it is about Jesus.
Speaker 4: Take him.
Speaker 8: That's pretty true.
Speaker 4: Do whatever you want.
Speaker 6: Whatever?
Speaker 13: I mean?
Speaker 6: Why do I love beautiful mess Diamond Rio hate that, don't.
Speaker 4: You you're not gonna win, so you already.
Speaker 6: Have poop at five o'clock somewhere.
Speaker 4: Answer Jesus, though, just go Jesus.
Speaker 1: What if you just write the word Jesus people, that's that.
Speaker 4: People can't vote against that, right.
Speaker 10: Just write Jesus really big and then takes the wheel really saying, what is your answer?
Speaker 6: Two cares? I don't know. What do I do?
Speaker 11: Guys?
Speaker 1: What do I do?
Speaker 4: It literally doesn't matter. Okay, stars bingle Bamer, you're down twenty points calling a time out with three seconds left?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm an idiot.
Speaker 4: Nobody said that.
Speaker 13: I say it.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, okay.
Speaker 13: For me?
Speaker 4: Clock okay, five seconds?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 11: What was what?
Speaker 6: What was I gonna do? Beautiful mess?
Speaker 4: Okay, there you go, thank you, beautiful mess.
Speaker 6: What a beautiful mess?
Speaker 13: Miss.
Speaker 4: So I'm surprised Amy didn't pick Troubadour George Strait, Oh yeah, other George Strait songs. Yeah, but that was better than give it Away, and I had that as another one of the bigger two thousand. My favorite is Whiskey Lullabye. But I didn't pick that because one of my favorite songs ever.
Speaker 3: So that's what I had, and that's what I thought you were gonna pick, and that was the two that I was.
Speaker 4: Deciding retreating Alan Jackson, where were you in the World's up Turning was also on my list? Yeah, oh for sure. Okay, so here's everybody's team. Go vote on the full team. Don't vote on the first song because there's a draft order. Ray has poop, You belong with Me and need you Now?
Speaker 8: Number one overall, number one.
Speaker 4: It's the first time poop the drafted number one overall. I'll be Amy's lunchbox has chicken fried, redneck woman, and tequila makes her clothes fall off. Morgan has lived like you were dying Red dirt Road in Austin. I have It's a great day to be alive Tim McGraw by Taylor Swift and courtesy of the Red, White and Blue, and Amy has blessed the Broken Road. A second round pick of poop and Beautiful Mess Diamond Ryo two poops in one game. The first round overall, first over all pick is poop amazing. Okay, let's play one of these. Let's do.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 4: I want to hear it.
Speaker 8: I can't find it's not the.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two Thanks as always for being here. I hope you enjoyed catching up on the show with me, and if you have some extra time, listen Part one Part three This weekend with Scoobs, we caught up on life, all the dad stuff that's going on, and the four things that people put thirty plus year olds in categories of, Like if you turn thirty, you probably have fallen into one of these four categories, so that's also up there too. And then Part three listener questions. It's always fun to hear what you guys want to hear us talk about.
Speaker 14: So anyways, I'm getting out here before I keep rambling.
Speaker 13: Kay bye.
Speaker 2: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Be sure to check out the other two parts this week.
Speaker 8: Go follow the show on all social.
Speaker 6: Platforms and follow at web
Speaker 2: Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.