Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and we got Danny g and Sam on the clock and Spiel always happy. When Dan Patrick leaves it for us to fill in the Dan Patrick Patrick begins three shows in a row. Lucky you. I'm Steve Cadino. That is Rich Davis, and we're live in the Fox Sports Radio studios from the mean streets of Los Angeles. What's up, danettesday? Everybody? Good morning, and you can watch the show. Watch what you hear at Coveno and Rich FSR on YouTube at Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube plus live interaction, live chat and action pack show. Speaking of the Danettes, Marvin stuttonby later talk to your forty nine ers, do a little NFL schedule watching, and maybe get to Scoop on DP we'll dive into his life a little bit him behind the scenes. Yeah yeah, Patrick, Yeah, let's get the juice and Big Poppy bas spall three via. Big Poppy always stops by, does some trivia and giveaways. Oh yeah, broke Poppy stops by because baseball, Rich, even though you're a Mets guy, baseball is starting to heat up. I know you don't care, but I don't. But I don't know if you've noticed. Apparently Lindor and Soda or like bros. Now they're BFFs. So that's why I'm saying twenty twenty seven guys, all right, Yeah, it's always next year and then you know it will happen, they'll click, they'll be awesome, then baseballill be done well. Speaking of baseball, I hope you had a josh Joshua is it Joshua Joshua Bias Joshua Biaz sort of weekend. I mean, that's what you love about sports. You always see something you've never seen before. The Monsters first one came on a first pitch, dude, first pitch bomb? Does it? Two more times? We'll talk about that and more. But what a weekend for him? Rest in peace, Tommy John and Hayden Panaitiera. That's so said thirty six years old. Yeah, really really sad. So anyway, not to be a morning show geez pun intended. Yeah, we'll rock on there. Yes, let's let's talk of NFL right out the gate. In fact, NFL do we want to talk that much? And I say that because what gate? Stephen Dorf skate. Yeah, the Stephen Dorf skate, is he there? The greats are open NFL preseason. You and I were talking about this before the show with Danny. Danny, the whole theory that we know too much is really the whole crux of this conversation. We know too much. You've gone too far back in the day when we were younger, when you were a young little boy, when you were Dith a little boy. It's funny Mike Tyson always says that a dif little boy when you were now with this little boy cuts the motto, show me laugh of love. But you were just a little boy, like Mike Tyson. Yeah, you really didn't hear much about the preseason other than one Danny, maybe a little report here there.
Speaker 3: Like Yeah, I found this over the weekend.
Speaker 4: Somebody wrote, training camp used to mean you'd hear a couple of reports. Now every throw is filmed, every interception goes viral, every sideline interaction becomes body language analysis. Every rookie is either a future Hall of Famer or a bust. After eight preseason passes, and this was in response to ESPN publishing risers and Foller followers after one preseason game, one.
Speaker 2: Preseason game and fallers, all these assessments. It is too much and it has gone too far. As you said, Rich, there's no thing to you, no doubt about it. You know, maybe back in the day Scoops Callahan would have an update for you on the new rookie QB. And now it's like what the dude's routine is, what he eats for breakfast? You know, is he gonna make it or not. It's like, Yo, we don't even notice kid yet. He's taken five snaps and we're already saying he's a bust faller. He's definitely a faller faller. So I don't think there's any question. But you know, we're to blame. It's what the public wants. But you know what, Yeah, I was gonna say, it's like, welcome to the world of social media, where everyone's up, everyone's ass wants to know every little thing. For instance, even that little that's really rechis the culture we live. I mean, whether it was little or not. I know, he posted a funny meme whatle with a weekend Max Crosby and Kirk Cousins that little dust up in practice, we would never have known about even five ten years ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably would have heard about it, but it would the actional news for a forty eight hour cycle.
Speaker 2: It's the evolution of the game, it's the evolution of our culture. It's the evolution of social media and the information we want. We also have to keep in mind, though, that a lot of the stuff is rumor based. You know, it's not necessarily accurate. You got a bunch of Jabbroni's on there who think they're reporters and they're not. They're just reporting from their bedrooms. Yeah, right, So we got to take that information for what it is, but there's no question that it's way way too much. I think social media is to blame for that, to be honest. You know, and we've seen the evolution, like I said, of the game meeting, think of what the draft used to be and what it is now. So enforce preseason is a much bigger thing. And and just the culture of it just in general sports has given you Also, Uh, we're nosy. I mean that's yeah, you know, we know more. We want to know as much as possible. We all want to be Mark Anthony. Everyone thinks, you know, meaning I need to know good two thousands music, right, like I need to know you're rich. Davis, the host of Pop two K, would appreciate that. Yeah, we'll give that, no, but we we're just super nosy.
Speaker 3: Please don't ever do that again.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, daddy, how many you know how many times do menicuse their wives or girlfriends of like, oh, you're employeed gossipy stuff. We know what we as men love it, but we just disguise it as like mini camps and and pre seasons and something that like you got you got your eat of the streets trying to figure out, Daddy, like what's happening at Raiders camp. That's just as that's as gossipy as it gets. You're trying to figure out if you want the inside scoops for your bets that you making and everything else. You need to know these things. You need to know what's going on. You immerse yourself into the culture, into that world. You know for the next six months, your your life is football. So as much information as you can get, uh, you're gonna take it. So to answer Danny's question, have we gone too far? And do we know too much? I'll say it again, I don't think there's any doubt. I don't know, if it's good for the game, I guess it is, right. No one's uh, no, one's really complaining about it. I mean people dive into football, but I bet your wife would have something to say about it. I have a question, is it one of Is preseason football one of those things where if something goes really good you could take you could take like a nice positive away, but if something bad happens other than an injury, you could just chalk it up to, like, relax, it's the preseason. Like like in Major League Baseball spring training, if some guy's looking sharp, you could be like, oh, he's ready for the year. But if he goes, like, you know, for sixteen over a week over a weekend, you could be like, that's it's, you know, spring training. Can you chalk it up to that? Or are we taking these things too? So you gotta take the good with the bad, the bad with the good. I'm gonna live my life like I should. You just got to take it, like like social media. You can't just read all the good comments or all you can't do all in the band comments, right, you gotta take it for what it is, and it doesn't mean a whole lot until the season begins. That's the truth. You could make some sort of assessment and feel positive about things. You could take things as confidence builders, because that's all it really is, right, Nothing really matters until the season starts. How do you feel about that? If you're going to say that it's just fun. I think people need distractions, And I say, if you really want to get to the core of it, we need distractions, and football provides us with That's a fantastic one. It's really the core of why we just need so much more and why we're so invested. It's like, all right, I could tune out of whatever's going on in your life, or you're boring baseball season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not gonna lie dive into this. I watched the Giants over the weekend. I watched the Browns. I had preseason football on in the background.
Speaker 2: It's something to have something to be excited about life, not to get too deep. This early in the morning. It's early here on the West Coast. Life gets let me lay down on the couch. Life gets mundane. Man, it's hell me mind. You know, we know what the weekends over. It's Monday morning again. If you could just zone out and have the sound even the sound d energy. Like you said of football in the background, it's comforting, comfort food. That's like pizza on your on your Monday. You know, that's that's just maybe you know, something to distract yourself with now really as part of it, so we'll take as much as we can get. But as a result you want you do wander down the project product, like enough, man, what does it really mean? If you could just keep in mind that not a whole lot, It doesn't mean a whole lot, It just is what it is, then you're good. You can't overthink and over evaluate these things you put you put, you put any stock into something like all the rookie quarterbacks passer ratings have been phenomenal. That because again we last week we said who are they playing against? But yet they look nothing wrong being positive?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Is that NFL is in good hands moving forward.
Speaker 4: And it's it's nice to see because if it was reversed all all the young quarterback stunk in Week one, then we'd all be scratching our heads like, oh, maybe these qbs aren't as good as we thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that goes back to what Rich was saying before, like what does it all mean? I mean, it's it's better to do good than bad always, There's no question about that. Right of course, you rather so good confidence builders, You rather be in a good position than not. But if you're gonna make mistakes, that's the thing, Danny g now's the time to do it where it was just a mistake. It's just preseason. Now it's over magnified as to like doom and gloom all the end of the seasons here.
Speaker 4: Well and Rich mentioned injuries. You want to over magnify things, you know. Mike Lafleura now getting some heat over the weekend because it seems like he played Jeremiah Love the third pick overall a little too much against My Raiders. And high ankle sprain, yeah, dreaded at first. They Cardinals acted like it wasn't a big injury. He's gonna miss all the preseason and hopefully back for Game one. But that's kind of up in the air right now, because you know how high ankle.
Speaker 2: Sprain's go, dude, High ankle sprain has been the BUZ injury for the last few sitisens we we we talked about our show because it's the most vague injury there is, because one guy kind have a high ankle spraying and I'll leave him back in a week or so. And a high ankle spray could keep someone else out first.
Speaker 3: Like it's alagging, nag.
Speaker 2: There's something very didn't Stu Gotts take off last week for a high everybody an excuse nowadays. Yeah, so that's the other thing, turf Tow pushing your young stars. Fritzy had a speaking of our resident Raiders fan as high as everyone was on Fernando Mendoza's debut. I think he's fourth in QB rating through the first game, right, Yeah, he's fourth. Well, don't worry, Kavi. You know, I saw a meme that said the NFL future is in good hands and it's Ty Simpson, Fernando, Carson Back, and Drew Aler and it's just because they've had a good first look. And like again, yeah it was Drew Dollar at first.
Speaker 3: Uh, and Ty Simpson really came out balling for the Rams.
Speaker 2: Carson Back on you want to twenty five? Pretty solid, I will then Ti Simpson, then Fernando. But yeah, each guy put up big numbers in their preseason debut, so you know, props to all of them. It's better than doing bad there's no question about it. But is it too much as the I guess would Crooks of the the what did you call it? I said, Crooks did the crux of the I just rolled. But you know what, I'll I'll say this if you want to sort of look at the whole NFL preseason, because we're all pumped about it. It's got us fired up just because the return of football, like it's there, it's on. You want to watch it like you're you're scrolling and you're like, even if it was I watched the replay of a game on NFL Network yesterday, like you're watching you just you just want to get a taste of the NFL again. But here's the question. This does a it's twofold because you were saying, Jeremiah Love has now heard high ankle sprain.
Speaker 4: The last thing Art got wrecked immediately the Giants game, it seemed like Burrow was in too long in his game and he was, you know, taking some hits.
Speaker 2: But what what's too long? And it's that isn't it really just the adage of like if it goes wrong, then he was in too long and if everything's fine, it's like it was the right amount. Tom Brady commented on somebody see if it's still on his Instagram story. I saw Brady was saying, how because someone had posted someone had posted a highlight of does I got right here? Look at me run? You actually found it? I did right right. That never happens. You know, you got to try to find a photo for somebody to see when you need it or YouTube video. You gotta see this clip and it just the kids, me and the family were recently in San Diego. Let me show you the picture. The fact that you found that and we're in for DP right now is a is a mirror in record time. People need to understand the miracle that just happened. Rich didn't have this, Like the fact that he found this is incredible. What did Tom Brady say? Someone posted its.
Speaker 3: Going to be underwhelming after all that?
Speaker 2: A damn you guys, I know, but you can never find something when you're looking for it. Here's what I found fellas h No. Someone posted a highlight Tom Brady to Randy Moss and it was like it's like like an eighty yard pass and it said preseason twenty ten and all the comments were like, wait, does that say third quarter five minutes left in a preseason game? What's going on? And Tom Brady did a screenshot and he goes preseason, regular season. I never wanted to be taken off the field. Practice makes perfect. Too many people looking for the easy way out these days. When you're a football player and it's football season, your job is to play football. Then he posted the emoji that they're like the smiley face doing like the like the huff, like the smoke's coming out of the nose. Still the big moment and perfect practice makes perfect?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Isn't that what they say? Who said that Kurt Haddick, Kurt Hennicksy's perfect because you could just show up and have sloppy routes. You gotta do your best. Perfect practice makes perfect? As the expression the do you feel as though there were some teams like remember historically I know he's uh well, I mean that was with the Giants, cause I remember harb Off of the Ravens. Every year. The whole sentiment was he played his starters a lot in the preseason.
Speaker 3: That was the thing, Like, yeah, people would win bets.
Speaker 2: They would be like it would almost be like honestly like easy money for some because the Ravens wouldn't really often lose preseason games because he would have his he would have his starters in there for a little bit. I've seen some teams and you've seen their starters take some reps, and then other teams there was not a glimpse of a starter. I mean, I know they I know my team. I'm a Niners guy. I know they start in Australia and they're banged up, and they're a veteran team. So maybe they're the type of team that doesn't touch the field. But you think you're gonna get a sniff of McCaffrey or Kittle or Purdy or any of those guys in the preseason. No, I'm not sure that a lot of those guys are also injury prone. And I think the core of what we're really getting at is people really enjoy the football season, so they'll take as much of it as they can. People like distractions. People are bored. I think social media brings down the mood and vibe. I think of your life and soul. So when football comes this little taste of the old school stuff he used to love. Even my girlfriend belongs to get this. This is wild. She belongs to a social club just to get out, but it's football related. The Chargers welcome like a social club is trying to get away from you nobody. Yes, yes, that's what you join when you're with him. Yes, he's got to get out. Nobody at social club. Just at the Chargers facilities. So you get to socialize, meet people. They hold little mini events while you're watching camp and everything, while you're watching training. But because people just want to get out and connect again, because you feel empty inside and football fills that void a little bit. It's the truth. I'm not exaggerating, dude. How many people do I do? You know that just empty because social media and the and the everyday grind like just destroys their soul. Fills you back up with wings hot wings and and joy and happiness. Interestingly enough, I was going to compare football fans you know when you're like, you know, when you're a college kid, and to be honest, not sound immature, but you remember your college days. Maybe you're just so anxious, like drink or do dumb things like you would drink Natty Ice into the record. That wasn't a kechstand kind of guy. I'm not a beer helmet dude, like you you are?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: Are you a sideline chug of beer? If the cameras on you could you do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You got to step up when it counts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rich, we didn't experiment like you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah I didn't. I didn't find myself in college. Hold on what that means? No, but let me tell you I I just think the same way. Did you take a year off just to backpack and not find youself? I did not do that. I think Rich backpacked Europe. Uh oh god. When people would say that, they're like, who are you? No, But the same way you would be like, I'll drink anything. What do you got, Natty Ice? You know what do you got to Milwaukee's best? You would you'd be drinking Bartles and James whatever you could get your gold Schager. Sure you were just trying so desperately to get drunk like an idiot. I feel like we are football is the booze and we are the college. Is true because you would just take anything. That's that's a great anality. You'll take anything, because you'll take any preseason matchup, doesn't matter who it is. And that's the difference between football and any other sport. You'll watch any game if it could be Brown's. Give me two bunk teams. As I offend two fan bases immediately, I'll leave it. Brown's Cardinals.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Last week, if you missed it, Rich predicted the Cardinals were only going to win two games.
Speaker 2: I I backed Danny. I take it back. I think one game, lucky, Yeah, one game because Jeremiah loves high ankles, right, I would go and break it down one and sixteen. If you missed it, we came in high on Carson back and how poised he looked, and how pos he'd looked, like a bona fide starter. We were drinking the cool one and sixteen and Rich went through the schedule and they're like, yeah, right, he's gonna go one in sixteen, but possible. But you, like, I think, uh, the same way you would watch a Brown's Cardinals game with enthusiasm. You would you would never be like, you know what I'm watching, guys, consume a yega bomb. Ye, But yeah, you would never be like, guys, guess what I'm watching tonight? The Rockies are playing the type.
Speaker 3: Part of it is.
Speaker 4: Part of it is the national coverage, just like from the Dan Patrick Show and the Covino and Rich Show, because think about it, we know all the storylines of the Browns, we know all the storylines of the Cardinals.
Speaker 3: Right now, Baseball, for instance, it's so regional now it's just.
Speaker 2: Your team, you know. Like Rich always says, I'm the biggest baseball fan. He knows I'm like, no, I'm the biggest Yankees fan because I don't know what's going on in the NL West, you know what I mean, He's right. For some reason, you could be Danny. Danny's a Raiders fan, but Danny's well in the loop on like the NFC South. Exactly. You're a Dodgers fan, You're a baseball guy, Daddy, but you probably don't know the inner workings what's going on the AL Central right now. I could tell you.
Speaker 4: What's going on with the Falcons quarterback situation, but you're right, I couldn't tell you about baseball.
Speaker 2: That part of the country. I think that unless you really prepared and did a deeper dive. I don't think the average, even super sports fan could tell you the starting lineup of a team in a random division. So, just like a college kid will consume anything in front of him, what is that aftershock. Give me somebody what you got. I remember it was a freshman. I was a freshman in Syracuse, and I remember waking up drunk in a shower ones because I thought it was a good idea to drink tequila out of a plastic jug. I was like, this must be a good brand. Like you were when you were in college, the way you'll consume any football. You were so desperate for anything, a little sip of anything, like a guy, a single guy, for an app on the first time swiping, like anything. We'll do anything. That's how wenzoom, especially third stream your baseball teams out of it, third string players and the Saints versus the you know, the Dolphins got it, and I want to explain to how we got here. Obviously everyone talking about NFL preseason and it is fun to watch. But all the hype on the rookie quarterbacks and their preseason debut, all the Fernando Mendoza talk, the injury of Jeremiah Love, how the conversation is this non stop? Turn on any television. Scroll through your X feed.
Speaker 3: Risers and fallers after Week one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Risers and Fallers. Too much coverage of training camp was it better in the old school, when you really didn't know what was going on. You had some what of an idea, but you weren't diving into it the way. Oh we didn't even mentioned hard knocks and quarterback or anything like that. That also gets us. Now we know the so now we know the personal lives of these stars on it. You know, I blame Lev Schreiber. You know, he just gets us so fired up. What Tuesday Night's hard Knocks? Yeah? You know that just also gets you in the mindset where you want more, You want more mar Marvel. So is it too much? Does it good?
Speaker 3: Wearrate? You making coffee at your house in the morning and have to watch?
Speaker 2: Dude? Can we make that happen? You're the producer of our show, Danny g reach out, Come on, We're in for DP Danny grebbed dark close.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that would be so cool. I would listen to that. So, you know, is it too much? Absolutely? Is anyone complaining? I don't think. So let's just embrace it. Let's love it. And for the great Dan Patrick, we got to lot coming up with a bunch of more football today. We're gonna talk about a lot of these MLB players that have fallen off. Is something doing in baseball? Or or do sometimes? Does the league get a read on a guy? And that's it? So we'll talk a little baseball. Magic Johnson has an interesting take on Lebron James when he returns to LA. We'll do that. We'll play some trivia all in for DP. Marvin's gonna stop by from the DP Show, So it's gonna be a fun Monday right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern, six am Pacific, Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: This is Rob Parker, and I'm here with an important public service announcement. Whatever you do, do not listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco Show. Fox Sports Radio asked me to do a promo, but I'm here to do a no mo, as in, don't.
Speaker 2: Listen to this show.
Speaker 3: No Mo.
Speaker 5: The host of two fools from Philly who have the dumbest takes ever in all of sports talk. And you know, if I'm saying that, they must really be bad. I have no idea why Fox Sports Radio picked this up, but I know where to put it down in the trash can. So please don't listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco show.
Speaker 3: No Way, No How.
Speaker 2: We got Iowa Sam on the Ones and Twoes Ye Danny Jean with a smooth, buttery voice. It's the greatest show in on the land, according to my mom, not even my friend. I was gonna say my friends, but they don't listen. Covino and Rich we're on top on the West, five to seven on the East. But when they say, hey, can you fiel in for DP, We're the first to say absolutely, Yeah, sos stay one of the Dan Patrick hat trick. You give me live, give him a Rocky Balboa Absolutely absolutely live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Big project coming up. Chat GPT has a new agent for larger projects. Chat GPT work Yeah, give it a goal and help turn scattered materials into finished work. Get started at chat gpt dot com by selecting work mode available on Plus and pro plans. Get I'm Steve Cavino. That is Rich Davis. Thank you guys for hanging out with us. Shout out to the dan Nets. We actually have Marvin stopping by later on. I'm gonna talk some foodsball more football because we can't get enough, and we'll talk fall offs in sports. Big Poppy has trivia. We got to bribe listeners and friends one person at a time, so we got some giveaways later on and let's have some fun. Let's get this week going. But to wrap up the first conversation again with all the rookie QB talk, all the NFL preseason, I think there's another layer of as to why we got to be on it. It's the feeling you have of not being in the know, Like the pressure to know is real, Like you never want to be the guy, especially caught off guard, not knowing the basic stuff, like you know that guy when he's caught off guard. I think it's the barbershop culture and the sports talk radio culture, social media culture of like you have to know what's going on all times or else you feel lost. And although we like it and it's fun, there is a pressure to be on top of things as they happen. And that's the hold that social media and the phone has on you, and football has on you in that way, like you don't want to be the guy that doesn't know when you're hanging with your buddies, and that's what we try to do here on the show, keep you up on all sorts of stuff, not just sports. Yeah, but I think there's part of it there too. Any g poses the question if you just joined us, like is it too much with all the training camp talk, because years ago we didn't have all this information, We didn't watch all these games. I mean compared to the NFL draft. We've said, we've made that analogy where you know, when we were kids, it was in a room with wood panel walls and a bunch of people smoking cigarettes ey, but the first pick, I'll pick whoever, and no one cared. It was like, you know, moderately viewed. Now you have hundreds of thousands of people in the streets of a random city, like sectioned off in their team fan groups, and the way it's a it's a billion dollar night. It seems you know I said this before that one you sort of glossed over it a little bit. Fantasy sports changed that too. It's like you gotta know every little thing. You're trying to get your teams ready. You don't know how many people I I can't say sneak disted, but sort of blew off when you were asking me about joining their league. I'm like, I'm good man, I'm good I man, I'm good man.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So that's you're right though, that's part of the excitement this time of the year. Like my family members, they cannot stop yapping about their fantasy team they want to put together, right adds to.
Speaker 2: The just like pictures of your kids. No one wants to know, but no one wants to see your fantasy team. But everyone's excited about their their own fantasy. He's such a people pleaser. He just keeps joining leagues. And then you know what happened, I've stopped you let them all damn. Then they hate you because you fall off and lose interest on one or I stop doing that, and then they hate you. And I think there's a limit, right, like in my mind, like, yeah, get out of my face. I can't do it. I can't do it. But you know, to answer the question isn't so much you can't do it. It is but it's the world we live in, so embrace it and enjoy it. And it's football, and it's you know, it's that time of year to uh to get pumped. So can I ask you a parental question depends your dad. You got a teenage daughter. Danny G's got kids. I got I got little ones.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: By the way, she made varsity cheer. Yeah see football, everything's football, and she made her captain speeches. Gotta ask we you know you watch Quarterback, you see how evolved Jaden Daniel's mom is yeah, smother, She's a smother. And now you see Dion Sanders took Rich over a month, by the way, to finally watch Quarterback. I had to get in the zone. Rich is the guy that finally watched. He's the guy that finally watched Sopranos, and now he's talking about twenty years. I mean, hey, dude, tell me more about Bobby buckle out. I'm not the guy that.
Speaker 4: Watch Last Friday, Rich was telling us all about the show we watched a month ago.
Speaker 2: Rich is talking to me about Doctor Melfie because it's fresh on his d. No, that's a terrible analogy, because if you had watched, it's not like I watched the movie or show. It's not like, hey, guys, let me tell you all about a breaking bed. Everybody. I was a month behind on Quarterback because I wanted to just get more of the NFL mindset. His mom is his mamager manager, smother her. She's the first one there, you know, talking and schmoozing with everybody. I only bring it up because I don't know a lot of people were commenting. I even saw on the network Colin Cowherd went on a little ran love their kid.
Speaker 1: We're on.
Speaker 2: I saw Colin going a little rant about you know, like Deon, what are you doing like Deon Sanders hanging out at the Cleveland Browns facility? He was, uh, you know, hanging out more and more, taking an interest and just sort of his presence near the Browns, Like how do you feel about players? Parents? Is that like you know what little kids and their father's Dion Sanders. But that's different than your mom. Just and again that's no knock on Jaydon Daniel's mom. No, no, no, I'm saying like even as it isn't as the guys, even as a guy that coaches, what's the number one thing? Like all right parents like back up a little yeah, but but but does that not stop? Stop? It's not the same as Dion Sanders, Like if you're primetime, I think that's different. That's an except the same way where a mom or dad could get in the way for little league flag football where it's like, yeah, you know, Dylan's dad's a little much or uh, you know, you see the little Jessin's dad were Sandals and sons. Jessica Sanders is not that guy. Jessica's mom keeps emailing the coach about it meaningless stuff you don't think. You don't think at a certain level, even in the pros, like a a player's parents should like back up. I don't give Dion Sanders or right Jadeen Daniel's mom like it's still there. I don't know, let your kid be their own person. I imagine here at Fox Sports Radio, your mom hit up the boss about anything. She probably would. She's a pain. I could see my mom doing that. Steven deserves rais. I mean, I just I wanted to throw it down because I just saw more, you know, more Dion stuff. But we're just consumed this. Ever, you didn't get extra for filling in for Dan Patrick. No, mom, stop, no, no, I don't why not embarrassing?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: But prime time, yes, he could be embarrassing. But I think they embrace their father. They act exactly like their father. He's Dion Sanders. He belongs on a football field. He's not out of place like my mom doesn't belong in a radio studio. Right, So I think he's an exception, even though I may be the contrarian here because that seems to be the assessment. Like you know, Deon Sanders beat it, that is the story. So I mean you could.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: He has a lot to offer. It's go back to go coach hear. Yeah, But you have any superstar there for training camp, I think you want to pick the mind of the greats. That's why they're there to help out. So if you have him there just because his son's on the team, I think that's bonus for everybody, and that sets up a winning culture for the other players. That's what I think. Even though that's his dad, I think guys like like Shador are used to that and they're used to their dad being there and that guy it's not just some regular dude. Even though they drafted two quarterbacks and in the draft, you know, not this one last year with Dylan Gabriel and should Ary Sanders, is that the quarterback room and Deshaun Watson obviously hanging around could be the starter is that is that one of the quarterback situations that's still the most confusing too, because I feel like I feel like that Browns quarterback situation has not gotten any clearer.
Speaker 4: No, as far as clarity there, there still isn't any right now because in preseason maybe, well, we'll get some after the second preseason game.
Speaker 3: But they both played well.
Speaker 4: Deshaun Watson looked pretty sharp, and then Shador came in and he played pretty well. So there's still, you know, no decision there in Cleveland, and I don't think we're gonna get one until the end of the preseason.
Speaker 2: I think they're just trying to get their money's worth out of them. You know, we invested a lot in this dude. Let's make it work. They're gonna give him every opportunity possible. But West from Vegas hits us up and he says, acting like Deon Sanders not a good thing. I mean, he's got a Hall of Fame career. Man, he can't take his antics and and and judge him by that. Yeah, he's a bit of a clown, but that's what makes him primetime. That's awesome. I think that's great. Uh, let's see Mercerman hits us up from Pittsburgh. I'm glad I stopped worrying about my fantasy sports, he consumes.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: Now, I have a question. Do you play fantasy sports to the level where you start rooting for guys to do well against your team? That's the only that's that's to be like when people when people are when people got multi when people got multiple fantasy leagues going on, they're doing multiple drafts this week and next week, and all of a sudden they're in a they're sitting there on a Sunday and they're like, well, I want my team to win, but I would really love it if uh yeah, I think you know this guy. If Jamier gives gets you know, two tuddies, but my team still wins. I have action. If you have money on it too, you know that sort of changes. You're rooting for so many things. All it was exactly well, anyway, we got a lot more football to get to. But coming up, while he did have a good weekend, I gotta talk about cal Raley among others. He said, good weekend. He got one hit.
Speaker 4: You're supposed to have done this top big hit last Friday afternoon. I know on our usual time slot. Then it would have been more timely. Now it's like you're late to the party because he had a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Not to knock the guy, he's still batt in one fifty eight, if I if I'm not mistaken, and and we'll keep it in perspective. The guys live in the dream regardless. We all wanted to play in the Big league, so we can only knock him so much. But he fell off, you know from his last year's numbers. So what is going on with cal Rawley? And there's other people on this list, Danny, why.
Speaker 3: Don't you dare say Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 2: One of your Dodgers is getting mood. His name is Kyle Tucker. And Edwin Diaz? What do we say?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: What's his new name? Ed Lost? Ed Lost? Diaz? Got good guy, Dah, I know, were you up all night? Yeah? Rich that I wrote that shoke. Gus he got no sleep last night because he was trying to confrom that wind and lost the es. No, So we're gonna talk about some of these MLB players, and I'm gonna even throw former Cy Young in there. What is doing with Paul Skeins? So coming up with others. Covino enrich In for Dan Patrick. Give us a call now. Danny G's on standby waiting just to say hi. Eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, and we're streaming live at Covino in Rich FSR. If you're want to join the live chat fall offs in sports and life, it could be uh in entertainment now whatever you want, like what that actor, that actor or that musician right, exactly what happened to that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: There? Follow up album really sucked? Well, give us a call. Let's get involved as interact. All based on cal Raley and we'll give you the numbers in the updates. Yeah all next CNR on FSR, Hank time.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen.
Speaker 2: Live live from the Fox Sports Radio studios. Just getting started up Covino and Rich because we're normally on five to seven on the East, two to four on the West. And by the way, if you're new to us, we're from the East Coast from Union, New Jersey, home of the world's tallest Waterspere and me. Is that the breaking Yeah, yeah, we got a big water tower. Rich Jersey, I mean ralei Otis Roight, some yems of good tailor him, Artie Lang, Great Pizza and Steve Covino, Rich Davis from Franklin Square, Long Island. We live out here in the valley. We're valley boys. In fact, I'm an all Valley karate champion. I thought karate would be a bigger deal when I moved out here. I know, so live from the valley in for Dan Patrick, everything at Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. We're streaming live live chats there. Remember after the show, the DP podcast and our stream goes up. If you missed any of today's show, any show ever day one of the Dan Patrick, Hatrick Search Coveno and rich A CoV I know, Cavino and rich Wherever you get your podcasts, follow rate and review five stars because anything less is uncivilized. And by the way, that's a line from the marvelous Marvin Hagler, anything less is uncivilized. I remember that. And you know how we're all fired up for football. There's things that you look forward to. It's the dots on your calendar right opening day kickoff, a big fight, and I got to just throw this out there because that's also part of it. We just need things, whether it be a vacation or something. We need things to look forward to in life, and football is that thing every every week and more days than ever. Well, that's what people are looking forward to now because I think a lot of people just got don't de vacations and kids are going back to school, so it's like now, now what football? Yeah, otherwise things get floring. But two other things, yeah, that I get fired up for, kind of like football. We had UFC three thirty this weekend. That was a lot of fun, but I'm a big boxing fan. Next weekend we got Tia Fimo Lopez, Rolli Romero, and then next month we're going to be at the nine to eleven game. Yeahs Mets Yankees twenty fifth anniversary. But that weekend you got Ryan Garcia fighting Connor Ben So some big fights coming up. Just throwing that out there to get you excited because we need that in life. Again, I'm Cavino, that is rich And now we got to talk a little rece Bob fall Off. Before you talk baseball. We talked a lot of NFL queed, just acknowledge that while everything seems to be an overreaction in the preseason, Jeremiah Ive is hurt, Jeremiah Love is hurt. So the Cardinal fans should be a little like, oh yeah, Remia, just a little like, oh, and if you're a Giants fan already with Jackson Dart having to go to the medical tent and he took some hits, and people like yo, scataboo, something doesn't look right, Like, if I'm a Giants fan, I have any questions, I am a little like, oh, like, it seems way early for there to be like concerns, like a lot of team stars haven't even touched a field yet, and it just seems like this concerns.
Speaker 3: You're part of the overblown coverage.
Speaker 2: Rich, Yeah, there you go, making mountains out of mall hills, or as they said, as Jackson Dart said, a nothing burger. So hey, maybe it is a nothing burger. Now that sounds good. Let's go to baseball. Well, second, it's actually fall off, but it starts with cal Rawley. Yeah, what happened? I gotta say. I don't want to be like other radio hosts that I hear and roll my eyes at when they're like, I told you so well, you were the guy last year when it was a two man race, said it, Cavino.
Speaker 3: A personalized belt like championship belt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I need a champion your belt, because I proved I was the first to say it. I said it. But I'll tell you why I said it, because I was defending Aaron Judne last year when he were talking m VPS. I'm like, give me a break.
Speaker 3: This guy.
Speaker 2: He's a great catcher. He's had a great year, you know, Aaron, He's not Aaron juhnn. Maybe the best season ever. Maybe you're the You're the you put the shamboozie, the the jinks. Because I don't want credit for that either. I'm rooting against cal Rowley. I just said that Judge is a generational guy. Yeah, we don't know. I was like, it could be a flucus. It's an amazing and can't take that away. But we don't know how good he is. I don't think he's the most valuable player when you're comparing him to a proven Aaron Judge who just had a monster season and then pops in the world argument that he was a catcher and he was doing something special, but I mean in the history of sports, and I know that sounds like a pretty big state. And also, can we just reemphasize that we don't take any like joy in talking about his meager numbers. Cal Raley went from, well, the mean there was a viral meme last week and it said he had fifty one hits. He now has fifty two, but fifty one hits this season. At this time last year he had sixty home runs, although he was he had sixty home runs last year. Yeah, sixty home runs for season is not let fifty one hits. At that point it was like, man, what a fallof So as of now weekend has passed after this viral meme, Yes, yes, fifty two hits. It was a big It was a walk off though, fifty two hits, thirteen home runs. But get this, yes, granted he's he a two seventeen lifetime average. One fifty eight. Like honestly, any JABBRONI listening right now feels and is something that we all say and think, I get hit one fifty eight, And of course we can't, But I mean one fifty eight as a big leaguer runner up for MVP. Give me a break. So you know something's going on here. It's it's I'm not saying it's over for the guy. The guy is still one of the best. Something's off, something's wrong. He'll figure it out. I do believe that. But that is a fall off from last year. We're talking. It was a really close MVP race. We're talking he was up there with Aaron Judge. We're talking magical season. We remember the season we were at the home run derby. Cal Rawley has fifty two hits. He's batting one fifty eight. He had a nice weekend. Maybe that's the start of something big and good for him. I'm just not getting against. I was just looking at there was one year where Bartolo Cologne had an average like that. That's what I mean. You know, and you think of honestly, like you think of players that teams got rid of because they were sort of slipping. Like like, I'll give you a current example from the Yankees, Like we said, Arivaderci to DJ Lemayhew when he started, when he was batting two sixty six, would you would take that any day of the week. Now, based on these numbers. These batting averages are pathetic, but you know you've seen a fall off. We're not taking joy in his fall off, but there is an absolutely movie. There's a clear like sixty home runs and the number of level guy. You know, he could be a swell dude. We think he's great. He's a great fella. He's the big dumper. He waved to us at the home run derby. So I give him, I give him credit. It's a nice guy. But thirteen home runs bet in one point fifty eight? Can you think of a bigger fall off than any sport? And I'm not And I'm like, I'm not trying to be a prisoner of the moment, But think about all the major sports, think about bands and actors and movies. Who's falling off quicker and more drastically than Cal Rowley? All right, I got some actors in my too, and more baseball players. But I want to talk all the answers. You know what, Danny G. If Danny G is feeling nice about it, he's a little grumpy early in the morning here on the West Coast, maybe he will give prizes away to the best answers.
Speaker 3: Okay, man, I wake up with a smile.
Speaker 2: I think it's falloffs. We'll get to that next. And for the Great Dan Patrick Covine on Rich Monday, let's go