Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong is Joe Getty.
Speaker 1: Arm Strong and Jattie and Key Armstrong and Yetty. I'm gonna say this out loud because it makes it more likely that I will accomplish it, because I've got witnesses. So we're going to be off for a few days for Thanksgiving, and I hope to get some reading done, hope to get further along in Ulysses that I'm reading, and a couple other things. But I'm going to go through my clothes and get rid of the stuff I don't wear. Instead of wrestling with the closet every day trying to get a shirt out because it's so squeezed in there by a bunch of clothes I may not have worn in ten years, I'm going to go through my closet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got to do it. But I have a similar goal. Whilst visiting with family members. My house is going to be jammed stem to stern with brothers and sisters and kids and dad and all sorts. This should be fun, very festive. Yeah, uh so, got some good stuff coming up. Gender banning Madness update although we don't really need the it's it's this is entirely scientific and incredibly revealing. Plus the email Joe Gett he saved my life, which is very serious. But first, it's the Friday tradition. Let's take a fun look back at the week it was. It's cow clips of the week.
Speaker 1: We got clip.
Speaker 3: Clips clips.
Speaker 1: This is chest boxing, likes popping and locking. Labors say the letter T is being dropped from words like kitten, mountain and into but.
Speaker 2: It's cloud in the mountains that Sidi in the valley and my true law asca.
Speaker 1: President Trump facing some backlash after accusing some Democrats of what he calls seditious behavior punishable by death.
Speaker 3: The words of the President chose not the ones that I would use. You can refuse illegal orders.
Speaker 1: You can refuse illegal orders. You must refuse illegal orders.
Speaker 2: It was just a friendly reminder to build.
Speaker 1: Demanding that the Justice Department released the Epstein files is now law. I was called a trader by a man that I fought for five no actually six years for Frank.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody cares about her.
Speaker 1: President Trump says he plans to sell F thirty five fighter jets to Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 4: Your voice sounds all rough for your filmar I feel great.
Speaker 1: I was shouting at people because they were stupid.
Speaker 3: You're royal minus.
Speaker 2: The US intelligence concluded that you orchestrated the brutal murder of a journalist.
Speaker 3: You should asking him a horrible, insubordinate and just a terrible question.
Speaker 2: I grab that hand.
Speaker 3: I don't give a hell way that hand's bent. I grabbed that hand amid.
Speaker 1: All this reports that you, a special envoy, Steve Whitgoff, had hashed out a twenty eight point piece plan for this Russian counterpart. It is a flying ID and so this id ied idea imprimist explosive device.
Speaker 2: They're cheap.
Speaker 3: You can three D print them at home.
Speaker 1: You guys are effing hacks. I hope you go off the air soon because radio is dead and you sucked. Wow, it's clips of the week. A Trump thing definitely needs to be up there for a maybe quote of the year candidate. I think I feel fine. Just voice is rough because I was yelling at people because they're stupid. Wow.
Speaker 2: I thought that reporter's obligatory koshoge question was stupid. Yeah, and just this whole thing is so overblown. But the President is saying that's an insubordinate question. I would have responded, I'm not his subordinate and I'm not yours either, So how can I be insubordinate? Exactly? The Department of Health and Human Services in May we talked about this at a fair length, published a review of the academic literature focused on gender affirming care for minors, and the conclusion was unequivocal that the overall quality of evidence concerning the effects of any information on psychological outcomes, quality of life, regret, or long term health is very low. There is no good science substantiating good outcomes for taking these poor confes used kids who were part of a social contagion mostly and altering their bodies forever. It's monsters. And on Wednesday, the HHS published responses to the peer reviews of the report, and there are a couple of minor corrections issued, but the report's major medical findings were not disproven. They were not even disputed in a substantive way. But what's really interesting, and this would take a long time to get into the details, some of the big medical associations which have been and you need to know this completely captured by the woke Your American Academy of Pediatrics is completely wildly captured by way left progressives neo Marxists, as is the American Medical Association. Just shocking. And they came out with study or statements saying this is an ill founded report and it's based on you know, poor science and blah blah blah. But they couldn't refute any of the science or any of the methodology. And like this one organization and who was it? I want to cast dispersions where they're due, said, yeah, you really should have consulted these Where is that? I've got to find it? Sorry. One of the disputes was from I think it was the A M A ah No. The American Psychiatric Association suggested that the AHHS report suffers from poor methodology and fails to clarify how the studies were selected for review, and the association concludes its peer review by listing sixteen studies that ought to be considered. In response. Oh, it's worth mentioning that they came out with their response like two hours after it was released, even though it was four hundred plus pages long. There must be some damn speed raiders over there or used AI but anyway, so they said, plus, you should have looked at these sixteen studies. In response, the AJHS said, twelve of the studies are in our report, so what are you talking about? Of the four, remaining, three do not pertain in any way to gender related medicine. This outcomes in youth, while the fourtham mentioned study was published after our report came out. So thanks for your input.
Speaker 1: My guess would be is that these organizations they might have some true believers in there, definitely, But yeah, I about a lot of it was they just need to look like they're fighting to keep their the crowd that supports them on their side.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And some of the responses like this one unsolicited review published in Sexuality Research and Social Policy, and that's people who make all of their money unleashing sex change operations on people, suggests that the HHS report promotes a harmful practice known as exploratory therapy, which has been described elsewhere as a form of conversion therapy, encouraging a child or adolescent to accept the gender associated with their sex designated to them at birth. So these people think it is extremely appropriate desirable to counsel a child. No, you're right, you're a boy, but you're really a girl, and somehow loathsome to counsel a child you're a boy, and of course you're a boy. How perverse is that? Yeah, the one is a good idea. The other is sick.
Speaker 1: Oh, just absolutely abhorrant. We've all heard that for years now. How the conversion therapy with gay people is just you're the worst kind of religious, zealoate, middle ages horrifable human.
Speaker 2: Being, right, which is try why they use the same terminology, which I.
Speaker 1: Would agree, I don't think it's going to work most of the time if somebody's gay convinced.
Speaker 2: Them, right, But to you, they intentionally use that same term to describe talking with the kid about his underlying psychological problems, maybe autism, maybe other pressures or whatever, and saying, you know, there are all sorts of different kinds of boys, from really tough and masculine, too effeminate to somewhere in between, and you can be whatever kind of boy you want. No, that's somehow monstrous according to these sick, sick efforts. Anyway, Oh, and we brought you the study. It came out just a couple of weeks ago. I think that the number of what it was a twelve to twenty year olds identifying as transgender has been cut in half in two years. Okay, it was a social contagion. It was always a social contagion, which brings us to this email. Joe Getty saved my life from alien anonymous. You know, there's a vague suggestion at the end. I'll keep this vague because it's not clear to me whether this person does not want to us to use this on the air. But had a terrible, terrible anorexia problem for a very long time. We're talking five to six sixty eight pounds.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, five foot.
Speaker 2: Six sixty eight pounds. And indeed she hadn't even weighed herself in four years. Hardcore days, week's month would go by. I survived on water with Lemon, had children, and her kids saved her, she points out.
Speaker 1: And you still they still feel like they're overweight. That's why you keep going, even when you're obviously rhythically skinny.
Speaker 2: And I'm skipping ahead and just sharing the essential parts of it again to protect her privacy. But however, Joe said something that changed my life. I eat now. I'm almost at one hundred pounds. He said, along these lines, the whole transgender crap is another social contagion. It's just like anorexia in the eighties and nineties. You know, by the way, I did not make this stuff up, and I just try to find great ideas and share them with you, so these people get all the credit. But he said, it's just like anarexi in the eighties and nineties. Joe, you annoyingly lit a fire in me. Under no circumstances will I succumb to a social contagion, to be lumped into it with transgenders and other bs kids cutting themselves, social public suicide. No way. You put my whole image in a new and very ugly light. And I am eternally grateful for the first time I went to a doctor, got my vitals done, my blood work done, everything. Oh and then she talks about how old she is internally because she's really hurt her internal organs. But she says, thank you from the bottom of my heart. You truly did save my life.
Speaker 1: You know, it sounds to me like because it's like a lot of addictions and that sort of stuff, they had a moment of clarity for whatever reason, and that's why you got to keep telling the truth to people, whether it's you're starving yourself to death, drink too much, whatever the thing it is, when you catch them at the right moment, when they're having a moment of clarity, it can make all the difference in the world. And it's just kind of random when those moments of clarity occur.
Speaker 2: Right, although, as you said, you keep putting them in front of them and hoping. This was a few years ago. It was like at the dawn of the explosion of junkie camps in California, and we're talking about how incredibly unproductive and counterproductive it is to enable addiction like the current so called compassionate policies do. And we got so many emails and texts from people who said, I only got straight when I went to jail. The worst thing you could have conceivably done for me is to make it as easy and comfortable as possible to stay a junkie. Hitting bottom saved my life. And we have, as a society, at least in Blue States, designed a set of policies where people are never allowed to hit bottom. It is incredibly cruel, and the fact that it masquerades his compassion makes it crueler. Still is Trump.
Speaker 1: Going to pardon the turkeys this year or has he already done it? Heard anything on that story. That's one of my favorite things that happens every years because it's so stupid that president turkeys are guilty a sedition.
Speaker 2: He knows what to do with them.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got more on the way you stay here.
Speaker 4: Recent Jet Blue flight had to make an emergency landing after a passenger smoked weed in the bathroom and the crew inhaled it.
Speaker 2: It was pretty wild.
Speaker 4: Just listen to some of the captain's announcements throughout the flight.
Speaker 1: Can the flat at himans please come up here and bring thirty bags and blue chips?
Speaker 2: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Or does that cloud look like a duck?
Speaker 2: Okay, this is your speaking, captain. I mean I'm expecting some turbu.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 1: Life is like that sometimes take the good with the bad, I must say, yeah, very it was interesting, right. Jimmy Fallon could certainly do pot jokes as man. He was quite the pot enthusiast when he was younger. I remember seeing him on Larry King way back in the day when when Jimmy Fallon was on Saturday Night Live and he was like twenty years old, but he was on with the cast of Saturday Night Live, and he was so freaking high today that would have blown up into like a meme or something like that. That was back before you know, you could grab stuff like that and talk about it. But he was so out of his mind. It was very funny. I was actually embarrassed for him because he's a very clever guy, and he came off as an idiot speaking of pot rappers. So I was just brought up my Apple Music yesterday. I was going to listen to some music and it had our Artist of the Year. So they announced the artist that the year for Apple Music, and they they you know, they lean young in terms of who they're trying to satisfy. I guess because their artist of the Year was Tyler the Creator, which might be the most listened to artists on Apple Music for all the young people that listen to their music that way. Tyler the Creator a rapper. But so I thought, well, okay, I'll listen to the big album with the kids. As we're driving to the restaurant, I put on the first song and it is filthy, I mean filthy, sexually filthy, and it's okay with that for my sophomore, not so okay with that with my eighth grader. So we turned that off and listen to something else. But I was thinking about that, and you know, I've been on this thing lately about cultural decay in America and all that sort of stuff. And I'm almost gonna sound like I'm arguing against myself here, because I kind of am. But is it really bad? I guess I'm trying to justify the fact that I let my high school listen to these sexually filthy songs. But they're just saying what was implied strongly, and they all knew what we meant. When we're in younger generations, like you've talked about songs from the fifties, when they talk about dancing they mean sex. Well, you know i'm gonna dance rock, Yeah, I'm gonna rock you all night long. It means I'm gonna have I'm gonna blank you all night long. And basically everybody knew that's what we meant, and you know, you're famous B B king blues songs and all that sort of stuff. They just didn't say it out loud, but that's what we knew about then. Got a little more aggressive about it. Children didn't through the eighties and nineties. On her counter argument, through the eighties and nineties, it became even a little more explicit than that, we're talking about sex, give you every inch of my love, but still not as explicit. And now they just say it out loud. So I don't know if it's changed that much.
Speaker 2: It has, Like I said, it's because you could. That's just being restrained, gentlemanly decent to not be explicit in front of children and people who don't want to hear it.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, and then you know, he's sixteen, so I'm letting him listen to sex songs. But uh, you can't go any further. I'll tell you that I've listened to the latest stuff. There is no more ground ahead. I mean, we've reached the end of the road. It would be impossible to go any further than they go in your typical songs.
Speaker 2: Now simultaneously bad news and good news.
Speaker 1: Yea, we're at the end of the road. Let's see how it turns out.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: Reading a tweet from the Great Charles Murray. The more video I saw of Charlie Kirk after his death. The better I liked him. The more video I see of Nick Fuentes, the more I wonder how anyone could like him. Smirky, infantile, vapid.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One reason I bring up Charles Murray is I just finished his book last night, Taking Religion Seriously, which I really really liked. So if you're he spent all his time as an academic atheist because he realized that's what you're supposed to do when you get to fancy pants colleges, is not believing that crap, and he's changed his mind, and he wrote a book about it, and it's damned interesting and it's very short, so I recommend it if you're in that stage of your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. One of the problems with the new right, the online right, is that it's all really young dudes. And whether it's young dudes or young women or anybody, they certainly have plenty to contribute. But trust me, life experience matters. It really, really really.
Speaker 1: Can get something to contribute. How about you do it over there?
Speaker 2: It's it's difficult to convince young people of that. That's been true from you know, time memorial. I'm tempted to go into detail about how the Global Climate Change conference is getting rained out, or the part of the conference that had no air conditioning and two people fainted. It's either proof that they're right or proof that they're wrong. But the key sentence here, the key phrase was that it was breaking up the meetings where they were trying to decide how to spread out the billions and billions of dollars that governments have given them to quote unquote fight climate.
Speaker 1: Change, offset carbon footprints.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, that'll work. I'd also like it at some point to talk about the what are they calling the big scandal where the Special Council Jack Smith siphoned up everybody's phone records and it's just an astonishing overreach. Operation Arctic Frost was that in.
Speaker 1: I keep seeing that and I haven't looked into it.
Speaker 2: It's a gigantic scandal, but we just don't have time. We don't have the bandwidth these days. There's too much craziness going on. So I don't know, maybe another time, or maybe it'll just go away with impunity. A bunch of senators got to insert it into the recent Epstein bill, half a million dollars each that goes to them to find the government for doing that, but that comes out of taxpayers, and they just I curmb I don't have the time anyway. I want to get a little bit more into this. We talked about this earlier. Part of the reason we've allowed rampant illegal immigration is there's so many unfilled jobs in America. Yet another study has come out, this one by the Center for Immigration stuf udi's Steve Camerat, a friend of the Armstrung and Getty Show, and Karen Ziegler, who I'm sure pushing back against the notion that we have to import all these people illegally or legally because we need to fill these jobs. Going from nineteen sixty to today, the percentage of men of prime working age not in the labor force has gone from eleven percent to twenty two percent. It has doubled the number of all men who could be working who are not working. And that's many millions of people. Obviously. Among bachelor's degree or more education, it's gone from four percent to nine percent. Nine percent is not that much, but it's more than double what it was. And then among a no bachelor's degree.
Speaker 1: God, you get a bachelor's degree in college and you're you're not working at all, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Among men no bachelor's degree, that's gone from a very modest twelve percent to almost twenty eight percent. Now, is some of this the nature of the workplace maybe? I know, if you were like in favor of giant, bloated social programs, you'd say, well, these folks without a high school education, it's the information economy these days, and it's hard for them, blah blah blah. But no, No, the jobs that are going to illegals are not in you know, AI.
Speaker 1: Clean and hoxel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're cleaning hotels, they're janitorial, they're uh manufacturing construction. How it's not the next construction site I see where they're playing American music and not Mexican music. Call me anytime night or day and let me come by and check it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How you can simultaneously having have a you know, you go to any hotel or struner or workside or whatever, and it's all people obviously from other countries doing the job because nobody speaking English. And have this many million US born men of working age who aren't working. I mean, if that ain't socialism, I don't know what the hell it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, and they make the point that it ticks up a little bit and a little bit and a little bit, then in the last you know, twenty years or so, it goes way up. And they make the point in the study that uh, blah blah blah, if the same share of US born men were in the labor force this year is in nineteen sixty, there would be almost nine million more US born men in the labor force. Wow, US born men in the labor force. Even if we just go back to two thousand, the year two thousand, it would still add four point one million US born men to the labor force.
Speaker 1: That's incredible.
Speaker 2: It is, it's really is. And then surely you.
Speaker 1: Understand how this works. So obviously these people aren't starving to death, so they're on some sort of government program, in some cases living with their parents, but on some sort of government program to where they can live. Then you got people from other countries doing the jobs, which drives down wages because you don't need to pay them as much, especially when the borders were open, because there's another wave of people willing to work for even cheaper coming next year. That's why it's been for a long time. So it drives down wages. So they end up with the US born dude saying I'm not working for that amount of money because the wages are so low.
Speaker 2: And if you just narrow it down to prime time working age twenty five to fifty four, No, bachelor's degree has gone from four percent to fifteen percent. I mean, come on, bachelor's degree or more has gone from two percent to five and a half percent. It's not a huge number, but again that's two and a half times as many and all education levels gone from four percent to a little over eleven percent. How does this happen? There's some camer Oda and Ziegler in their conclusion, and some of it.
Speaker 1: Is the shame thing that what's her name, Berne Brown? Anyway, she was one of the therapist people out there that wrote books about shame and that we should you should not shame anybody for blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: You should be ashamed of your book shame shame. Back in the day, we'll ring in the shame.
Speaker 1: Though, back in the day, you'd be ashamed to be unemployed, living on the dole out with your friends. You'd be ashamed no longer.
Speaker 2: So they conclude, well, they mentioned that the Trump administration in Congress can undertake a variety of fixes, including welfare reforms, combatting the opioid crisis.
Speaker 1: That's why I brought up shame. It's always some sort of policy as opposed to the culture. The culture of this has changed so much, well, right, and politics is downstream of culture.
Speaker 2: As they say, you can hang. Politics doesn't make the culture. The culture creates the politics mostly.
Speaker 1: And I'm not ninety years old. I'm old, but I'm not ninety years old. Wouldn't that long ago I was in college people that like lived with their parents still when I was twenty five, I didn't know anybody, no man, it would be crazy if you said you still lived with your parents. And now it's perfectly acceptable and there's no shame in it.
Speaker 2: It was all due respect to the skyrocketing housing prices, which is a factor, but it's not everything. So their conclusion, and this will be our conclusion, I think, is we have a choice as a country. We can either adopt policies designed to get more working age Americans currently on the economic sidelines into jobs, or we can ignore the pro and continue to bring in evermore immigrants and then try to manage all the pathologies associating with our higher rate of the working age, not in the labor force. You know. John Kennedy's ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country was often cited as a wonderful thing to say. There's a bit of debate about that in libertarian circles, but I think the modern translation of that would be for politicians ask never for anybody to do anything for their country or themselves. Ask only what they can be given so they will vote for you.
Speaker 1: That's pretty accurate. I want to tell you, Boo, since we're going on vacation, I want to talk about the Thanksgiving meal a little bit when we come back stay here. So obviously it's the getting together that's really the big part, more than the food. I mean, it'll be me and my boys and Grandma and Grandpa and both my brothers and maybe a cousin uh there. But as far as food goes, what do you look forward to the most?
Speaker 3: Michael mashed potatoes and gravy along with the turkey.
Speaker 2: M double answer their triple answer according.
Speaker 1: To some, although you have mashed potatoes and gravy other times during the year.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Thanksgiving that's about it.
Speaker 2: It's certainly rare at our place too. You know, it's funny. It's a totally legitimate question. I might go with my wife stuffing. But it's almost like, uh, you know in Jimmy Page's guitar solo for Stairway to Heaven, which notes do you like the best? The a's, the bees, the g sharps. It's a it's a concert. It's a symphony of taste and texture.
Speaker 1: This is Joe Getty overthinking the world's simplest question. Katiuh, well, since Joe's going stuff I really like the green bean cast role. Really, aren't you help?
Speaker 2: Really? I love it. That's at the caboose of my I'll eat.
Speaker 1: Some because somebody made it and I don't want to hurt their feelings.
Speaker 2: Oh wife stuff and has apple and sausage.
Speaker 1: Oh I think I've had it. Yes, that's pretty good, Hanson. What's your favorite stuffing? Yeah, yeah, I yeah, I agree. Actually what Joe said, it's whatever that flavor is. And I only get it once a year, or actually five times a year, because I'll eat it Thanksgiving Day and then several days after. But uh, whatever that flavor is of stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, all kind of mixed together with some turkey. That flavor that you can't get anywhere else. That's the flavor I like.
Speaker 2: Then there's the leftover sandwich h featuring toast, turkey, stuffing, cranberry, and mayonnaise.
Speaker 1: Yes, now you are speaking my language, you know. Yeah, I might have set myself up for disaster. I had a very good day on the scale this morning. We really should see who gains the most weight till we come back the next Monday.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, yeah, yeah, yeah, you could have disadvantaged yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I had a really good day on the scale.
Speaker 2: So well, that's all right. It's like what they call uh before I had some of my joint replacements worked out really hard, they called it prehab. That's what you've done. You've lost some weight to be in better shape, to gain some weight. Well, you don't want to gain on top of gain, right.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, exactly, Yeah, it really was. Yeah, because the scale today had a good number, and it's like really opened me up. We got a little driving here, a little traveling, a little leating on the road, a little being at an airport, little thanksgiving. Would you like to know the p pie. Little of that going on?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Nobody even mentioned pie, which is interesting.
Speaker 3: H yeah. Well do you like pumpkin or apple?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, correct, correct, all of it?
Speaker 2: What are your children? Is your favorite? Yes? Is the answer? Gime. We're having both of those, by the way, a couple of classic pies. Michael. Although I like Jack, am very open minded when it could pie diversity is our greatest strength. Are you a blueberry person? Cherry like a humble strawberry rhubarb? Your pie is my pie. We have big tent here.
Speaker 3: We do banana cream too.
Speaker 2: That's a pervert pie. Sorry, that's the one pie. Were you rooting for the Indians? What do you mean you get banana cream pie? Oh?
Speaker 3: We have half over.
Speaker 2: Took a nod turn. Wow, banana cream that's that is a that's a fringe pie, but a delicious one.
Speaker 1: What other weird things do you do?
Speaker 3: Good lord? We have cream spinach, cheesy potatoes.
Speaker 2: Oh, the cheesy potatoes are good. Cracked potato.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I feel like if I'm in a Thanksgiving me dinner and somebody brings out of an ana cream pie, flip over the table and storm out. It's a really weird things reasonable?
Speaker 2: How about woman meringue long time, my favorite pie, that's a good pie.
Speaker 1: I will be in Salina, Kansas, at Russell's truck stop at some point over the next week, where Joe and I used to get together and eat lemon pie and work on the show Oh my God. And the slices were, you know, half an acre, and often that second slice would seem like a good ideas we're sipping round the memories. And I will post a picture, as I do every year. I think I got a street going to like fifteen years in a row of posting a picture of me lying on the floor after the Thanksgiving meal, which is not like an act. I have to lay down on the floor after I because it's the only place that's comfortable. Sitting is too uncomfortable, even like in relaxing in a couch.
Speaker 2: It's too much. I need to hear something. It needs to be studied at the university level. I would chunder before I got to that point.
Speaker 1: Well, you should try laying down on the floor. It helps you digest.
Speaker 2: I'm good, thank you, I'll remain upright. Oh you do you the being completely full?
Speaker 1: And then somebody says pie and then you can somehow manage to force down that piece of pie. Is just it's one of the wonders of being a human.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, the whole roles you got like warm homemade rosa exactly, soppinges with gravy. Is it all needed?
Speaker 1: I suppose we should throw in a little give thanks for this or that at some point in the little conversation whatever. Okay, I like doing that before the meal though, always do that. Oh yeah, and you know, always interested in what my kids were gonna say. Oh the kids. It reminds me. I'll think about this every year because the first time one of the kids was like old enough to even though it was a holiday. You know, when they're three, I don't even know what's going on, but they're old enough. You got to build up to Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving. People, you know, people are coming blah blah blah, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving, all this talk about Thanksgiving, and then you get there and we eat the meal. I remember, I think it was everything, So is this it is?
Speaker 2: This? Is it's just a meal because.
Speaker 1: They don't care about the food at all as a kid, all right, So it's like all this talk and build a hot dog. It was about this. We're going to have a meal. This is there's no presence, we're not going anywhere, no rides the hell. But now they're old enough that they really look forward to the food. So that's cool.
Speaker 2: Oh that's nice, and it's great. You're going to see family. Our family's coming here should be terrific. My dad's celebrating his eighty fifth birthday on Thanksgiving Day. Really, that's pretty part of the big family gathering. Yeah, everybody's coming in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a cool thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How often does his birthday land on Thanksgiving? Probably every now now.
Speaker 2: And you'd have to check your local astronomical chart. I guess I don't know a handful of times.
Speaker 1: Do you pull the wishbone apart make away?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there's only one. Unfortunately, the science needs to get work breeding a freak turkey with lots of wishbone so everybody can enjoy themselves.
Speaker 1: Does anybody's phone?
Speaker 2: Is interesting? And often you got the big thick end and you think, op, lee, this is great, and then oh snap, you're a loser. That's what life is.
Speaker 1: I got one more comment on this. I'll put it in Final Thoughts. Here's your host for Final thoughts.
Speaker 2: The turkey's thinking, Yeah, I wish you wouldn't like kill me and dismember me a sweet grip. It's wishbone. Hey, let's get a final thought from ember being on the crew. Mike Langelo lead us off with I gotta be.
Speaker 3: Quick, but I gotta go out and buy my eating pants or just jogging pants. But I can get stains all over them and throw them away.
Speaker 2: There you go, put on your eating pirates.
Speaker 1: That's a good idea to stain yourself.
Speaker 2: Katie Green are a steam muswoman. As a final thought, Katie, you mentioned the warm roles.
Speaker 3: Make a little miniature Thanksgiving sandwich.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Thanksgiving slider? Yeah yes, Jack. Final thought I feel like is those who grow up in the Great Depression die off. There'll be fewer people like my dad eating the gizzards and the heart and.
Speaker 1: The stuff that you take in it. A little back, my dad boys eat thatself. Nobody else wants it.
Speaker 2: My vital thought will be my little wishbone joke. Plus, go to Armstrong dot com. You've got to order your angy swag for yourself or your loved one to make sure you get it in time for Christmas. Get your ruin the entire country. New some twenty twenty eight T shirts, KFTC Barbecue apron whatever you like, Armstrong Getty dot com.
Speaker 1: In the next decade, the last person who ever wanted to eat the heart from the turkey will have died off and that will just go away as a thing. God bless America. I'm strong and kattake.
Speaker 5: O week that was has come and go. Jack and Joe would thank you for coming along. Just remember they love you and the podcast is going strong. Subscribe to Armstrong and Getty yondy Man
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty