Speaker 1: Hey, we got you today, brand new second date here coming up. But first let's reflect, shall we?
Speaker 2: Shall we on telling your mother in law that you need a love making session with her son. Oh that was yesterday's awkward Tuesday phone call. If you have not listened to it, you should right now. We got a lot of comments on that one. What do you see, Alexis Yeah.
Speaker 3: Keeler's World said, as embarrassing as that is, I don't know any man in my personal world that wouldn't be very happy and very proud to have a wife that desires them like that.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, the mother in law will eventually get grand babies if they're working, you know.
Speaker 1: So there we go.
Speaker 2: Well, I definitely leave your thoughts and musings.
Speaker 4: We'll call them on drama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, today's second day, it's starting right now.
Speaker 4: Second date up day. There's a ton of bad dating terms out there to describe what happened to you, whether you got catfish or breadcrumbed or mongolian barbecued.
Speaker 5: The same.
Speaker 4: It's supposed to be a bad thing. But I'm curious. Is there a term for when your date shows up to meet you and then cancels almost instantly for the rest of the night.
Speaker 2: Wait, what.
Speaker 1: Your you're together?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And then they like no, actually, never mind.
Speaker 1: I think that's disappointment.
Speaker 4: Honest, maybe it's one sip wondered because we need to figure out whatever the term is apparent.
Speaker 1: It's going to catch on.
Speaker 4: But yeah, okay, disappointed is what will go with her?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 4: Apparently it happened to our listener Decker that his date bailed almost immediately. At least that's what I got from reading his email. So let's talk about it, Decker. Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 5: Hey, how you doing, dud?
Speaker 2: Why would you even want to call this person back if they were that rude?
Speaker 5: You know, I'm not even I'm not even sure if she was so rude. I just I can't figure it out.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: Yes, maybe we need to understand the story more.
Speaker 4: No, let's draw conclusions right now without knowing anything.
Speaker 2: Actually, how I like to do it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, maybe we'll get a few details from If that's okay, let's just start from the beginning. What's this girl's name?
Speaker 5: Kelsey?
Speaker 1: Okay? And where'd you guys meet?
Speaker 5: Bumble?
Speaker 1: So it was an online date?
Speaker 5: Okay, you know, I'll be honest. The last couple of months, I've been getting a much more positive response on my bumble profile. I changed my main picture and I feel like that did the trick.
Speaker 1: What was the big change in the photo?
Speaker 4: What other person did you use as your profile pickre.
Speaker 5: No, No, I took it's my face, but I superimposed it on another person's body picture. Well, you know, Luke Combs is in the picture. It's a picture with Luke Combs, and it's it's my face. So I'm in the picture with Luke Combs.
Speaker 1: But you never actually, you never actually met Luke.
Speaker 5: I mean I've actually met a lot of famous people. I worked backstage and some music venues, so I've met a lot of but I didn't have a picture with Luke Combs.
Speaker 6: Why here's another picture of another celebrity.
Speaker 5: Brother.
Speaker 4: Well, is it a really good photoshop job or is it a really like obviously fake one where people would be like, oh that's funny.
Speaker 5: Oh no, it's it's a pretty good job. I mean, why do you think she went out with me?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: You catfish?
Speaker 2: Well here's here's is the body type similar to your body type?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I think I have bet tickets.
Speaker 4: I could pull off an eight pack, no problem, Sure, Okay, well it got her interested in you at least, so tell us about where the conversation went from there.
Speaker 5: We had, Look, we had good conversation. We decided to meet up. I know through talking to her that she's a big live music fan, and I thought, let's do something fun. So I got us some tickets to go see Morgan Wallen in concert.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're just leaning into this country world.
Speaker 4: All right. Well that's a big show, like big.
Speaker 1: It's expensive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that much.
Speaker 5: You got to you gotta go bigger, you know, don't go at all?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, bet she was excited.
Speaker 4: How did she take the news that she was going to be seeing Morgan Wallen live in person?
Speaker 5: I mean she was into it, and we texted throughout the week and things are going good. Now. A few days before I was going to go with her, I realized I had to take my car to the shop and it got stuck there for a few extra days. So I was scrambling and I borrowed a buddy of mine's car and he's got a perfectly nice car. I wasn't wasn't a big deal.
Speaker 1: You got a fake body and a fake car, so fake.
Speaker 5: Bro, not true. The body was similar, and so was the car.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so wait, you even picked her up before this concert?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I picked her up. And as I'm driving to pick her up, I look, I'm looking in the rear view mirror, check my hair, and I see that my buddy left these car seats in the back of the car.
Speaker 2: Oh, kids, pull over, put them in the drunk quick.
Speaker 5: I should have done that, but I didn't. Right when she climbed in, I mean, it's the first thing she noticed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: So I explained the situation.
Speaker 4: And okay, okay, you told her that it was your friend's car, and those are yes. Yeah, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 6: Then you don't feel very fake like we were insinuating her.
Speaker 1: You said, like, at what point did she leave? Like, did you guys get into the concert?
Speaker 5: Ever, well, we went and we stopped and got some food and a drink, one drink at a bar. Okay, And almost immediately she says, I'm not feeling well. I'm feeling a little nauseous, and so she goes to the bathroom a couple of times, and finally she just says, you know, I'm sorry, I'm not feeling well. I think you're gonna have to take me home.
Speaker 2: Oh well, so legit, No, that doesn't even feel like an excuse now, But.
Speaker 3: Why would I tell you to go to the concert without her like uber herself home.
Speaker 5: She brought up a lot of different options. I mean, I think she felt bad about it, but what she made clear is I just don't think I can go.
Speaker 4: Oh well, Brooks doesn't respect this woman. After just one drink, she's saying that is right.
Speaker 2: My guess is that she was trying to power through Jeffrey and then she realized while they were at the restaurant, like, ugh, I just I can't do it.
Speaker 6: This sounds real, Like I believe her. Why would anybody not go to the concert if you're using your line?
Speaker 1: You had the tickets, right, they weren't on her phone.
Speaker 2: That's a good point, and goes, yes, I had the ticket, okay, And I honestly, I really did believe that she wanted to go.
Speaker 5: But I take her home, I drop her off. I've texted her since then, saying I hope you're feeling better. I hope you're doing okay, and also said, but we should find a chance to, you know, have a do over, and she says thank you for checking in, but she has not once responded to the idea of another date.
Speaker 6: Okay, it sounds like she was actually sick.
Speaker 5: Is it boring this?
Speaker 1: She also doesn't want to see him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, both things may be true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll find out where the truth really lies when we come back and call Kelsey and try and get you your country themed second date update. Yeha, we're doing it right after that.
Speaker 1: This isn't We're not country.
Speaker 4: Second date update? What would make a woman cancel a concert date for one of the biggest music artists in the world right before they walk into the show? Wow? Because that's what happened to our listener Decker. His date, Kelsey suddenly told him that she wasn't feeling good and had to go home, so they never made it into the actual venue.
Speaker 1: Maybe she realized she was going to a country music show, and.
Speaker 4: That's they had talked about it. They talked about it earlier, and she had expressed excitement and interest in going.
Speaker 1: I'm just joking.
Speaker 4: All of the sickness stuff would have been believable except for the fact that Kelsey's barely answering him at all after that night, which is why Decker thinks something else must be going on other than just the sickness. Still, what can be so bad? You're gonna skip one of the biggest.
Speaker 2: But they're not fun if you don't like the person you're you know, I think we need to know how different he looked from his profile picture than.
Speaker 1: Really catfish or he's a liar.
Speaker 5: I'm not a liar. The point of it was that I would look like I was buddies with, you know, a country star. It wasn't about the whole body thing.
Speaker 1: That's also a lie. Yeah, would go to he paid for a meet and greet his body.
Speaker 5: Look, I've met a lot of famous people, just not that famous dude.
Speaker 2: No, I think we're just gonna keep going on this circle, this this cycle.
Speaker 4: If we don't just continue, I mean, I'm having fun on the circle right now. But we'll offer a second just to call Kelsey. I'm a dollar her number right now. Here we go, Huh, Hey is this Kelsey?
Speaker 5: Who's this?
Speaker 4: Hey Kelsey? This is a radio show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Hi, Kelsey, what's up? Kelsey?
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 1: Whoa the whole shows here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we're doing this segment. I'm not sure if you're familiar with it. It's called a second date update. Okay, m hm, okay, take that as a noe. What we're trying to do is we're trying to help out one of our listeners to figure out if there's a reason you haven't really been talking to him much after your first We'll call it a half date, a guy named Decker that you met up with recently.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: The thing is, Decker's confused why there hasn't been any communication between you two after that night.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: And by the way, we do hope that you feel better because we heard that you were a little under the weather. Yes, right before the concert. You missed a whole concert. I mean you must have been sick.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I am doing that, thank you.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 1: It's Decker reading it right that you don't want to hang out with him again.
Speaker 5: I just I mean, a date wasn't what I expected.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Well, what I can tell you what he told us was that he had planned this really fun concert night at the Morgan walland Show. He picked you up in his friend's.
Speaker 2: Car, which he didn't realize had car seats in the back. Seat until you got in, which sounds like that would have been pretty shocking for you.
Speaker 5: It was it was like.
Speaker 2: It was his body's car.
Speaker 5: Great because you know then friends of people who have families. That always seems nice.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, there's not much left to what he told us. He said, you stopped off somewhere to grab a quick drink right before the show, and then almost immediately you started to feel sick and had to go home.
Speaker 5: All right, that is true, okay.
Speaker 1: Is it true that you were actually sick?
Speaker 5: That is not true.
Speaker 2: Okay, so something happened where you had to fake it just to get out of the date.
Speaker 5: Look, I was excited. I mean this guy, I was thinking, this guy must really like me. These are expensive tickets.
Speaker 4: This concert is sold out, I know it is.
Speaker 5: And we get to the bar for a drink in food, and then then he tells me.
Speaker 4: To deal with the tickets.
Speaker 1: What's the deal?
Speaker 4: He says that one of us has to.
Speaker 5: Pretend to be hurt.
Speaker 4: What he brought crutches in the boot?
Speaker 5: He says, they're in the trunk.
Speaker 2: Waits it pretend to be disabled for the night.
Speaker 5: I mean, I injured. You know?
Speaker 4: Why why would somebody need to.
Speaker 5: Do that because we have to get to the disabled seats.
Speaker 4: He says to me, Oh my god, he bought the disabled section. They're hard to get. This is the only way he can get these tickets. Yeah, oh no. If people don't know, they don't go to events.
Speaker 6: There is a specific section for disabled people that need.
Speaker 1: Wheelchairs or crass absolute.
Speaker 6: And so I've actually had this combo with my friends before, like, how awful would it be if somebody faked it?
Speaker 4: So you're saying the thought has crossed your mind before. Okay, but you talked yourself out of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sure he wasn't joking.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now, I never saw the crutches. I never saw the boot. Okay, I'm like, no, I got to get out of here. I can't.
Speaker 4: I cannot do that. No, wonder you.
Speaker 1: He's got a real loose moral line.
Speaker 4: Yes, and I'm sure he's not going to be too happy that you faked being sick in front of him to get out.
Speaker 5: Of the date.
Speaker 4: I don't know, in front of one person instead of your thousand. Well, a lot of people are listening while Decker is on the other line too, wanting to talk to you. Oh man, no, oh god, you.
Speaker 1: Don't have to feel bad. He's got to feel bad in this situation.
Speaker 4: Deck, Are you there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 4: You know what, more than anyone, I believe that there's always two any story.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let you take his side that I'm.
Speaker 4: Not taking aside. I'm just wanting to hear what your explanation is, Decker for what we just heard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, exactly, there are two sides. And the thing is is, look, if you've been to a concert, you know that this was big money. I didn't want to spend all that money to go to this concert and then see the back of somebody's head.
Speaker 2: So not only did you not do it because you couldn't get tickets, you just wanted better seats. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I paid for the tickets. I paid for the tickets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're not saying you you're not allowed to buy those tickets.
Speaker 1: They're not for you.
Speaker 6: There could have been somebody who wanted to go to the concert who's like, I don't know, who has crutches, and they couldn't.
Speaker 1: Go because you're an abled bodied man.
Speaker 5: Exactly. I am able, Bobby, but Kelsey, she's not. She had the crutches in the boot.
Speaker 2: God, how many other women have you gotten into this boot?
Speaker 4: Oh my god? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 4: Is that a normal play that you've done before?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I want to hear the answer.
Speaker 5: No, I bought them for this date, and he.
Speaker 1: Didn't measure your own foot before you bought it.
Speaker 5: No. Look, it was a deal that I got online. I was hustling to get this date with her because I want to make it special.
Speaker 4: Okay. He knew that Kelsey was a big country fan and was willing to do whatever it took in order to get her into this amazing show.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, how romantic, Jeff.
Speaker 5: Well, that's something though, That's something that you confer with your date about in advance, Like, I don't even think I could enjoy that, even if we were dating for a year, I don't think I could do that.
Speaker 1: Wow, chivalry, you could just say you could never do that the relationship.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, how good are these seats in this particular section? They sound pretty good from what.
Speaker 5: All? Right, Look, it didn't happen in the past. I was able to sell the tickets for a profit anyway, So it's all.
Speaker 2: Someone who was actually disabled who could have bought the tickets, wasn't able to because you have purchased them.
Speaker 4: And then they were they were in the disabled section. So it must have been a disabled person that got to go for the show just a little bit more money than they would have paid otherwise.
Speaker 6: Hear the tickets come with a free boot here put this on.
Speaker 5: I just want to say, like it just makes you think, like what other kinds of lies are? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like something like who you're friends with? Right, Like what celebrities you've actually met and what celebrities you haven't Decker.
Speaker 5: I've met a lot of celebrities, Brooke, I don't know who you're talking about specifically.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's talking about us obviously because he's a friend of the show friend that I'm sorry, I'm not okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, Look, you've all made your point. Okay, we just we don't see eyed eye on this. But what I'm going to say is the past is the past. And look, Kelsey like said, I made a couple extra bucks off of it. Why don't we pretended this didn't happen and let's go to another You want to go out on another date and use the money you made off of disabled people?
Speaker 4: You say it that way, you don't know if they were disabled.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it doesn't matter. Who about the tickets? Okay, I don't know. Just go out with me again, and if.
Speaker 4: You say yes to another date, we would pay for it.
Speaker 2: You would not, Okay, I am not participating in this.
Speaker 4: Will at least pay for the handicapped parking stick or that you on this. What are we going to do then, Brooke.
Speaker 1: We're just she's not gonna say yes. Kelsey, would you ever say yes to this in a million years?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, I'm going to say no.
Speaker 4: It's like, there's got to be a line, right, there is a line. There's a special shorter line to get in if you sit in the disabled section, and you can get any faster.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there is.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, I think you've learned your lesson here for the next time you take a woman out. It's two boots, two sets of crutches. That way, you're not putting her in a weird position, your body cast if you think about it. Yeah, there you have somebody else, will you itok Jeffrey. In the morning, they say, out of great crisis comes great opportunity. And already on the text line at seven eighty five nine two, somebody says they came up with a new business plan to buy concert tickets in the disabled section and upsell them the.
Speaker 1: Day of being sarcastic Jeff.
Speaker 4: Personally, I am horrified by it. I didn't even want to read that, but I did see books reply that said, if somebody does launch this, she wants twenty percent of the profits.
Speaker 5: Does it?
Speaker 4: Technically wants her idea savvy business. I like that about you.
Speaker 2: You know, you don't always have to side with our listener, Like sometimes people cross the line so far that it's okay to say, sorry, buddy, it's not gonna work.
Speaker 4: Well, that's not very entertaining, is it. Somebody's got to try and stand up for the bad things that people do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, at this point, At this point, I feel like the listeners need to try to break you, Jeff. What can they get away with that? Jeff will not endure me.
Speaker 1: I feel like that sentences the hill you're gonna die on.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, well that's my job and at least the overall that was a pretty easy no that we got out of the whole conversation. But there's plenty of yes's out there. They're up in our Second Date podcasts. We've got hundreds of them, and you can binge them all if you want to, On Apple, Spotify, wherever you get your podcasts, you'll find them approok and Jeffrey