Speaker 1: Hoodies are back, man, Hoodies are back in a big fucking way.
Speaker 2: I ever left. Because I'm twelve years old forever.
Speaker 3: That has been a conversation that's been happening in my life. My wife was like, do you think hoodies at forty four?
Speaker 1: I mean sure, but do you think I mean? Look, I get that's fair because she does dress very well, and that would be something like people who dress well would think is maybe time to put down.
Speaker 3: But that's just like her opinion.
Speaker 1: Man, that's just her opinion, and that's the difference. You dress well me, I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I basically dressed how I wanted to dress when I couldn't afford to buy my own clothes when I was in like sixth.
Speaker 2: And seventh grade. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that sort of is my defining fashion ethos, is like what I've wanted that when I was thirteen.
Speaker 3: Now, ship the fuck out of here. It starts with the basketball shorts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can give.
Speaker 3: The like Adam Sandler, it all revolves around the basketball shorts.
Speaker 1: Basketball shorts now like just straight up like shimmer machine basketball shorts. That's definitely a tough cell. I think at a man of our age, probably.
Speaker 3: They really fell off in a way that it's disappointing look hoodies.
Speaker 2: To buy them in your size?
Speaker 3: Jack, What do you mean it was I about buying them too big or too small because you said they fell off? Oh, Brian, Brian, come on, damn. You can get some good mouth tape at Goop. That's something I would say that mouth breathing in mouth taping.
Speaker 2: You tell uh the lady of the house house that.
Speaker 1: When like brands like you know, fucking Christian Dior stop making hoodies?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell yeah, man, I'm gonna like practice saying that, and then I'm gonna like fucking melt Hey man, wait, when brands like Christian New York.
Speaker 1: Wait, Christopher Robin stops making hoodies? Christopher Robin so bad with these brands? I really am Okay, there's some no what.
Speaker 3: Do you think I know? Brand's gonna say absolutely not? That was ship? Oh wait, you guys were trying to do a cold.
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 3: Was that? That's more more lukewarm than anything. Always, man, it's Monday morning. Don't even talk to me until I had my coffee.
Speaker 2: What's this food for homie?
Speaker 3: That's not coffee? Actually, it's a it's spot. It's a nice cool spot.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trend edition of Daily Let's Product on my Heart Radio. My name is there is Miles Gray exactly exactly. We're reding this on Monday morning, so you can listen to it Monday afternoon. You have a YouTube channel, go check it out.
Speaker 2: We have.
Speaker 3: We dropped one YouTube episode a week. You can see what what we look like. Well, we talk very It's thrilling stuff.
Speaker 2: You see my boogers too on the last one.
Speaker 1: If you I probably I am kind of strisand affecting this At this point.
Speaker 2: There is no need to bring it up.
Speaker 3: There is no uh makeup and you know hair, no, no, no, no. We are rolling in for people who are concerned like they're pivoting to video.
Speaker 1: We're like, bro, we look like shit. Still don't even realize they're being recorded.
Speaker 3: It's sorry. My boogies started to forget which.
Speaker 2: What day it is? Yeah? What try to forget what.
Speaker 3: Day it is? My name, where I am? But also yeah, which which day we're recording the video episodes.
Speaker 2: The next one will be moco free though no boogers.
Speaker 1: I swear okay, moco is that whatcos that's Spanish for boogers.
Speaker 3: Damn man, you're just killing it with the espinel one O one. I'm impressed.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Uh, this is the episode where we tell you what was trying to go for the weekend was trending this Monday morning. First, we like to, uh, let you get to know us a little bit better, get to know each other a little bit better by telling each other something we think is underrated, something we think is overrated. Uh Miles, you want to kick us off with something you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Uh? Sure, underrated again I was.
Speaker 1: I look, I saw what you thought was underrated, and we're the planets are aligned because we have very similar ones.
Speaker 2: Mine is just the power of children's rhymes. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the guy's child is talking more and more and more, you know, as as as he gets closer to two years old and speaking normally fully mimicking everyone like me, her majesty I'm saying shit like oh shit.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh shit, okay, okay, you just to say that.
Speaker 1: I've said that a few times, her majesty, My mom like mimicking the way, like she'll be on the phone with one of her friends talking in Japanese and in japan you audibly like grunt when you like like instead of head nodding, you go.
Speaker 2: Mmm mmmmmm mm hmmmmmmm.
Speaker 3: You're talking about like that now you're talking about so my pod nesting style.
Speaker 2: You know, but like but it's very normal.
Speaker 1: Like I grew up with that house, that sound in the house all the time, my mom and the phone here going mm mmmm.
Speaker 2: So my mom was over.
Speaker 1: The guy's child is just like next her on the phone, and he's just going mmmmmm like just then just I think he's just he's just like now realizing he's able to fully kind of recreate the sounds he's hearing in his environment, like like you know, linguistically.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 1: I'm not a child development expert, so I just came up with that convoluted explanation explanation. But the best part is, so I listened to Peekaboo obviously by Kendrick Lamar a lot, and especially when I'm driving around. So the other day I have this he's in the back seat and we get to the the obviously the seminal what they talk about dnt Tomo Nunn part huh you.
Speaker 2: Know he does a huh what right? So the guys child what they talk about ingtal about Nunn is a little bit too advanced for him. So he's hitting a huh what in the background, and then now he does peekaboo.
Speaker 1: Like when it goes peekaboo, he like delay, he goes peekaboo. He Again, I was like, this dude has died in the wall, la kid Kendrick fan. And then I'm like, no, he's a baby and we've just been saying peekaboo.
Speaker 3: For his entire so that, yeah, your favorite song right now happened to be about his favorite game, a game that exactly blows his mind because he has object permanence.
Speaker 1: Yet look, it's not about object permanence, man, it's about he knows what time it is.
Speaker 2: It's it's West West all day.
Speaker 1: But I was like it was like kind of getting teary eyed, like misty eyed about him, like, look, we're bonding over this music.
Speaker 2: And then it hit me.
Speaker 1: I'm like he's saying he knows peekaboo because of the game.
Speaker 2: And that didn't diminish anything.
Speaker 1: But again, that's just the power of I think having that stuff in there for when a song like Peekaboo does come out, he can sing along.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I had. So I was just talking about, like, you know, my kids are a little older, and they're going through the phase of, uh, you know, having spins on like classic school songs that are violent or scatological. Like I think I talked last week about the I Love You, You Love Me, Let's team up and kill Barney, Yeah, version of the Barney song that has been going off for a full year. But they're coming back to me with shit that like hasn't changed in forty years. They're asking me to spell I cup oh yeah. Yeah, they're doing.
Speaker 1: Like Harry and Lloyd and Dumb and Dummer, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, And then you know, I always give it to them. I see up, hey, wait a back end, and they're like, you.
Speaker 2: Respect for you too much. I know my dad every time, I'm kind of worried about that.
Speaker 3: The fucking dufis he lacks object permanence, you know. Uh the Yellow River by Ip Freely I've heard come up.
Speaker 2: Wow, Jesus, I haven't heard them fucking like thirty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's back man. So I I'm trying to figure out like part of me, I'm like, damn, these songs, these rhymes, these ideas have been passed from one second grade class to the next year over year in an unbroken chain of scatological humor. But I think it might be dumb dads like me being like, oh, you think that's funny. Wait, wait until you hear the diarrhea song when you chevy and your pants are kind of heavy diarrhea. Yeah, right, you're sliding into first and you feel something burst. Uh. Second is always so they didn't, but I was like, you know this one right and that now, and they liked it, and now I'm like, oh, this is how this is happening. It's just like a dad desperate to like pastime with the kids and not have them be asking to like, you know, watch a movie or something, and yeah, and and just desperate for a laugh.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all I said about. But anyways, I'm out of material. Hit me up with your best poop based nursery rhymes. There's a new one in the game, A B, C, D, E F G. Gummy bears are chasing me. That's it's a lot of fun. One is red, one is blue, one is peeing on my shoe. And then about.
Speaker 1: Kids finding their parents edibles or some shit. Exactly why the gummies to do crazy ship. Yeah, hey, these gunny bears are chasing me.
Speaker 3: Now I'm running for because the red one has a knife. Now I'm running even faster because the blue one has a blaster. And we're back in kid territory. The knife was a little dark. But yeah, yeah, yeah, this is a very popular one right now. They they are versions that go to go into the future three thousand years of the future. There's a Darth Vader one.
Speaker 2: But uh.
Speaker 3: And then of course we are in the season for the most classic one of these, which is jingle bells. Batman smells rob Robin did lay an egg, although in other regions it can be Robin flew away, but not not in this house. In this household, Robin always lays an egg. The batmobile lost a wheel.
Speaker 2: And if you must know, Joker took ballet.
Speaker 3: You were a ballet for me. Joker got away. And I never heard ballet. I heard researching this.
Speaker 1: You're researching this thing called ballet, right, never heard of ballet.
Speaker 3: But I wonder if it was, like you more Russian immigrants in your neighborhood or something. I don't know. I don't know, not at.
Speaker 1: My school necessarily, but I mean, they're definitely they're they're like, I wouldn't say it's I don't know if that's necessarily like culturally tied to like some kind of Russian TASSPRTD. To me, it maybe comes off as very gender normandy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's like yeah ballet, yeah exactly, Like that's the ultimate own is the Jokers doing ballet, so like a toxic masculinity way. It's like Batman, don't worry, guys, Batman won However, in mind, you know, there's no hope. At the end of that song, things are going bad with Batman. He smells bad. We don't know what the fuck's going on with Robin. His car's breaking down, and then the Joker got away, and it's just like onto the next one. Yeah, pretty pretty tough, hard life. Yeah, in Brazil it goes So I was like looking at this Reddit thread where like trying.
Speaker 2: To get to the bottom of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get to the Newcastle, UK. In the nineties it was Batman smells Robin flew away, he lost his pants in the middle of France and found them in Bombay. Very much better, very traveled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also like way better lyrical construction. Yes, it's just like he smells the wheel came off. This guy's You're like, what the fuck? Oh whoa where does pants? And then they were from this country then found them over he craft.
Speaker 3: There is some craft involved in that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, America was basically jingle bells.
Speaker 1: The joker's gay, that's it.
Speaker 2: Sorry we.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And there's like a little imperialism built in there where there's like you know, traveling low popping around about to Bombay. Also Brazil. Someone from Brazil was like, oh, ours is jingle bells? Jingle bells, We've ran out of paper, don't worry, don't worry. Clean it up with newspaper. Sounds bad English, but it rhymes in Portuguese. I'm like, that's nowhere to start with. That one necessarily a variation on the Batman.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I'm sure that. What what are we talking about here?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 2: Ship is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Like is it a mash up with the diarrhea song, like you know? Or is it a murder? Are they trying to we've run out of paper?
Speaker 1: Please clean? I would not use paper, don't use the toilet and wipe with newspaper. Yeah, I would, unless you crumple it up a lot and then flatten it out so it gets a little bit softer.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, that's the key.
Speaker 2: People don't know about that. You know.
Speaker 1: Let's say they talk about let's use let's use a paper shopping bag too, Yeah, crumple it up. Did do those projects as a kid where you took a paper shopping bag and crumpled it up to it looked like a deer skin to do like art in fact drawings. Oh yeah, we did, like caveman drawings or whatever on like crumpled up bags, like shopping bags, so the texture felt like maybe it was old leather, and then we just do stick figures on it. That's why I know about the hack to crumple up the brown paper bag, not because I wipe myself with brown paper bags when I'm running out of newspaper last week.
Speaker 3: That's all right, man, no judgment here. Did you guys have there's a thing at my school in Dayton, Ohio where the first week of class was, like your first assignment in every class was to make a cover for your book out of brown paper bags to basically preserve the books. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: We definitely do that.
Speaker 1: You had to bring in like brown paper bags and then we all learned. Now, shit, it's like all coming back to me. You put the spine of the book down and then you fold.
Speaker 3: It over and yeah.
Speaker 2: Yep, I remember that.
Speaker 3: Yep, yeah remember that. Hey, welcome to this episode of I remember that. I remember that. I remember that was something? Hey, maybe that was something. What's something, Miles that you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Overrated? Short, sweet and to the point, except not like this though.
Speaker 1: Candy canes. I'm sorry. They are better as an esthetic sort of texture to the holidays then as a treat they are just giant ass breath mints.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, there's no fun in it.
Speaker 1: I do get like for the for the kids, and we've talked about this in the past, putting the candy cane in an or ringe and like that kind of a treat. I get that kind of fun treat or whatever. But I'm I'm not reaching for a straight up candy cane.
Speaker 2: OLLI peppermint bark Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like, yeah, you like it as a dusting you you dust it on your everything bagel of Christmas treets?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Then shout out Trader Joe's for finally coming out with you know, everything bagel with candy cane seasoning.
Speaker 3: They always have like out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like funny.
Speaker 1: I feel like every time the Trader Joe's comes out with some weird seasoning, they always are left with a ton of extra and then they just like fuck it, put it on the popcorn, put it on chips, because like they were like everything bagel, chips or popcorn. Now there's stuffing chips that I'm gonna lie pretty good. But yeah, candy cans Like I was, we had one on the tree and the guy's child like ripped it off.
Speaker 2: It was old as hell, like we were using this one as decoration.
Speaker 1: And like I kind of licked it just to be like, what's what's the old ass candy cane tastes like?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, still the same.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't actually degrade in quality, Like this is not a fun flavor.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, the mint, No.
Speaker 3: The mint flavor is I've look, I'm on the record against Pepin flavored candy canes. I think there are cool things to be done with it. Yeah, we have a box of Jolly Rancher flavored candy canes and short Sweet And to the point is uh is a good description of one of them candy canes after I get done sucking on that thing, because I suck it down to a point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah that move. I forgot about that. When you can make that ship shive. Yeah ah man, all right, I'm back. I didn't realize there was Jolly Rancher flavor seed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm old.
Speaker 3: Jr j r. But yeah, I do feel like they're never like that in terms of they're never like consumed all the way. The way they're wrapped is just like you end up having so much sticky stuff. Nobody's ever like successfully consumed a candy cane without like getting just sticky ass fingerprints all over whatever room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this mucus will just go down the fucking candy cane, go around the plastic wrapper. One version is you could put like a paper towel, then that shit sticks on there and then you're eating pape.
Speaker 2: No, it's just an l all around, sorry.
Speaker 3: All around L but great visually, aesthetically great visually, love it, love it. We needed something like this for for whatever reason they came. They filled the role. I just I feel like there is some innovation to be done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, this shit has been around since sixteen seventy when a choir master in Cologne, Germany bent candy sticks to look like a fucking shepherd's crook.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what we're dealing with.
Speaker 3: I thought it was like, a that's what we're namling with.
Speaker 2: That's what we're up against, folks.
Speaker 3: And my overrated is just any thought of eating healthily during the holidays. I was. We had a holiday party our house this weekend. There were so many uh for for my wife's workplace. There were so many desserts, like crystallized butter, sugar just all over.
Speaker 2: One of the desserts is just crystallized butter.
Speaker 3: It was called crack. Is what the person who made I was like, is this is this? They're not white?
Speaker 1: Shame on themlip it flip it use of calling stuff cracked.
Speaker 2: For anyway, But it was crystallized butter.
Speaker 3: It was crystallized butter and sugar and uh topped with fudge and it was just unbelievable. So so many good desserts, and I'm I think we just have it in us to like this. We we've talked before about how Christmas is humanity's mating season. I also think it's humanity's like season to put on ten pounds because you're like about to, you know, hole up in a cave somewhere right for a little while, and you need the layer. So you yourself a favor and just just get dirty.
Speaker 2: Hold back. I mean, look, give yourself, have a little treat, you know, especially after this fucking year. I'm about to just go eat fucking butter.
Speaker 3: Fucking just butter dipped in sugar, straight up.
Speaker 1: Not even I'm a purist baby, just butter. Just give me an old stick and I'll chill. I saw some people on TV who are doing like this whack y ass like high protein fat diet for like weight loss.
Speaker 2: They were eating sticks of butter for like their quote unquote right now you're making me. I was like, oh god, this is was real.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna like go on a salad only diet after just like imagining that.
Speaker 1: It sounds no, like literally like uh like Lego's corned on the cob or something.
Speaker 2: Stick. Yeah, treat yourself, treat yourself.
Speaker 3: Treat yourself this holiday season. Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. We're back and breaking fucking news man.
Speaker 2: Breaking for us, not in the ray gun way.
Speaker 3: Well we'll get her.
Speaker 2: We'll get to some other breaking news, but another real breaking news right now.
Speaker 3: I got hit up by my wife who informed me that the CEO assassin UH may have been apprehended. Still early, but Miles, the evidence UH does not look good for this person.
Speaker 1: For those for those of you that had money on him getting away, you may need to call your bookie because the man basically was apprehended in Pennsylvania was stopped with a fake New Jersey I d So apparently the guy was on a bus going through Pennsylvania, he got off and went into a McDonald's where somebody in the McDonald's clocked him and then called the police, and then they show up. This dude had a similar gun to the one used last week.
Speaker 2: The name the name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he even had the gun on him, had the name on the fake ID also matched the fake ID shown by the suspected rizzler upon check in. So it looks I mean, unless this is all concocted just so they can say they got a guy.
Speaker 2: They probably got the guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's not looking good. No, not this after a weekend of people refusing to help, like True Crime Online detective who are normally all over this ship. Uh, we're sitting this one out, which is pretty rare in the true crime world, Like it's hard to have any crime happen that people aren't just like pouring in offering like video. Uh yeah yeah yeah, as so I actually studied physics in college, and what you'll see happen here is a bit of a wobble, which. Yeah, there was one software engineer who jumped jumped in early was like, all right, guys, I scraped all the city bike bike chare program data. H I know exactly where this guy is right now. I know because I like can follow the city bikes. And then YPD was immediately like that's not he is wrong. But he like put himself out there and was like, I I cracked it.
Speaker 2: Yeah he yeah.
Speaker 3: I think he was saying stuff about like how he was shooting the video to be to have like historic energy because he was like so confident that he was ahead just cracked the crime of the century. Anyways, he was wrong, but even before he was wrong, everyone was like heh the fuck up? Man? He did.
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 3: It was just no, immediately ridiculed and shamed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is like like more people were against the cops.
Speaker 2: I think this time than even in the summer of twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody was like this is like generally people are like, oh, I don't know if I need to help the cops on this one.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It was even crazy on like the Daily Wire, like Ben Shapiro's YouTube channel, like the comment because his take was like this is this is terrible, like as he knows, they need to be protected.
Speaker 2: The left has an ish a deep issue with this kind of violence.
Speaker 1: And everybody in the comments like Ben, I love you man, love this show, but everyone is getting fucked by the healthcare companies.
Speaker 3: So yeah, right wing followers were like, why are you giving all the credit to the left? Is everyone everyone we are Spartacus, so good luck. But I mean, yeah, this was definitely uh.
Speaker 1: Had a lot of like there was more talk of CEO protection freak out rooms than the cop. Part two is very interesting how much this was also used to be like the cops.
Speaker 2: Need more help, they need more resources.
Speaker 3: There's a CNN article over the weekend that was just like going through They're like, it's actually surprisingly hard to locate this guy. Here's why, And each one was like because because the police don't have access to every face. They don't have a database with every human face in it. They don't have a DNA database with every single living humans DNA in it, unfortunately. So but yeah, I don't know, it's we've never really had a story like this where everyone was passively rooting for the guy who committed premeditated murder to not get caught. And so the CNN article is just interesting because they I mean, they're just using it as the as propaganda the way they usually do, you know, really like and the police are doing their best, but they're fighting against the ahs, you know, making the police the NYPD the underdog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, store because like.
Speaker 1: Even think of like when we had million them on on on Friday talking about all the helicopters that were flying in New York, Like most people are like, what is with all these all these resources? Because a billionaire got fucking like a ceo got killed, Like yeah, everyone's kind of like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 2: Even?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think the reason too. I don't think if it was if a CEO of like a fossil fuel company got killed, it would have the exact same effect because people are still like there's still polarization around like fossil fuels unfortunately, and like how much the like it's destroying our earth.
Speaker 2: With Americans and health insurance, it's truly a literal life or death thing. So it translates in a way that I don't think any other like sort of figure from another predatory industry, like the reaction would be the same. I think because so many people are like I have had to watch my family die because of shoddy healthcare or terrible denials of coverage, that I think that just connects in an instant way for people, or they're like, yeah, I don't know. I mean I've had to I've witnessed death and brushed close to death because of health insurance. And that's probably why the sympathy is just not there at all.
Speaker 3: M Yeah. The New York Times article about it was like, cameras do not yield up secrets on their own. In the headquarters of the Lower Manhattan Security Initiative, the Midtown Precinct that covers the area around the shooting and the offices, video recovery teams are scraping countless hours of footage. Oh, they're constructing visual narrative, one time stamp snippet at a time like old time animators making a cartoon. Uh.
Speaker 2: Now, with the same of Walt Disney to those old cartoon.
Speaker 3: You might have to look through one hundred hours of video to get two minutes. That's usable, Carlos Nieves, the Police Department's Assistant Commissioner of Public Information, said at a news conference Friday night. Yeah, that's that's what I that's why it works. I think you've got a lot of video. Did you think did you think that we thought the ship was just going to be like a Hollywood editor was going to edit it up for you. So where's the fun. We're the dramatic reveal of this guy coming around a corner?
Speaker 2: Right? Can you set it to.
Speaker 1: Like a like a Howard Shore score maybe something like that or Hans Zimmer even But yeah, I mean I think this is probably a moment too. I'm sure AI grifters are coming in and being like, you know how we probably could have done that in fourt teen minutes with our software if you just load up all that and we would have found seven hundred people that matched, and then you would have to go, yeah, maybe it's not working the way it needs to. But yeah, yeah, uh, they need they need more resources the police.
Speaker 3: That's right, we.
Speaker 2: Need state yes, yes, yes, yes yes.
Speaker 3: There there's an article actually about a tech startup called SOURN that is like basically them.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry speaking sure, I did reference the guy who did The Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 3: What Yeah, a little tongue in cheek is what they say. But they're like, it gets the point across. You're not going to be able to fucking do anything around these tech billionaires homes.
Speaker 2: What is a saw? What is a son?
Speaker 3: Is it just like a glowing technology? Developed for autonomous vehicles, robotics and border security. SOURN has built a supercharged burglar alarm. The concept has resonated in Bay at tech circles, where crime in San Francisco is a constant subject on tech podcasts.
Speaker 2: Not inequality, not inequality, inequality, Okay, it's the crime. I don't know what the heck's going on here.
Speaker 3: There's this amazing line where one of the guys who's involved in it is like, first of all, he says, is it a machine that could take out a bad actor with a bullet or something like talking about the future of like a you know, autonomous sort of like rhetorically like asking that question, Yeah, is it still figuring out how to incorporate drones, but it is already imagining more aggressive countermeasures. Hertz said, is it a machine that could take out a bad actor with a bullet or something?
Speaker 2: Or something?
Speaker 3: I love. I love when the person who is designing a deadly piece of technology that might just automatically shoot you if you're like walking by the wrong house ends their sentence with or something well thought out. He also in this article talks about how the tech industry like seems like the apocalyptic thinking seems a little much to him sometimes, Heart said, discussion sometimes turned to best practices for fleeing the United States. In a scenario where someone acquired citizenship and a residency in New Zealand and had a pilot fly them there to safety, quote, people were talking about whether or not you kill the pilot of your plane because the pilot could harm your family. He said, Wow, it's case curious about who is designing the tech that is designed to keep them safe. That that's that's the thinking. Well, and then you got to kill the pilot because otherwise he's going to know your location and it's got to be like a super secret.
Speaker 1: I feel like we need to have Douglas rush Cough again on again to talk about this, because I mean, that's exactly what all these people think is like, well, then, and when do.
Speaker 2: I kill my servants? Do my servants?
Speaker 1: How do I make sure my servants don't kill me? And how and how do I keep them under the threat of death? Should they wear explosive callers that will blow their head off if I if I hit a button? Do I hold the key to all the food? So I have to live? If they want to live? Oh my god, these are things that keep me out. They learn how to pilot a plane to New Zealand and then kill myself?
Speaker 2: What am I going to do?
Speaker 3: If you miss the Douglas rush Cough episode, he is a futurist and thinker who was approached by billionaires about like how do we get through like how the climate as they call it? And that those were the sorts of questions that were asking. They weren't like, so how do we create a clean energy? No, was it was make.
Speaker 1: Sure the pores know I got the fucking keys to everything and they don't fuck around and find out and also what's the best way for them to find out?
Speaker 3: But it really is it does feel more and more like the like the world is being remade in these people's image of it, you know. Like I ever heard a woman telling someone. It was a woman being being worked out by a private trainer who was like, oh, look, someone's throwing bottles on Larchmont, like a street nearby, and then she was like, yeah, I saw it on my citizen app. Somebody has just gone off and they're throwing bottles, like just getting updates on their phone anytime anybody acts aggressively in They're like, it's within a twenty block radius.
Speaker 2: According to someone who reports it themselves.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh God, someone's yelling. Someone's yelling, Oh exactly, Okay, I'm sorry, the rams playing the Buffalo bills.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that might be what's happening. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I just saw people yelling. They were all wearing the same color. It just really freaked me. I don't know if there's gang members here. It's it is wild though, because more, more and more people have just the weirdest technology. Like I've seen shit in my neighborhood where people like on one of the bigger streets, like you know, kind of like a main thoroughfare, like people have these like censored lights that just throw up a blue like siren light.
Speaker 3: Basically, Yeah, I see those too. It's just like there is a cop at this location and it's just a light.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's someone's house to be like, just to deter somebody from like, hey, don't stop entire shoe in front of my house or else my fucking weird thing goes off.
Speaker 3: Move along, asshole.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It is like, like it is funny though that the the paranoia that is created because of these billionaires, you know, uh, total lack of consideration for their greed is like now making the like they're creating this world in their mind that is created by their greed, and we're just like, what the fuck, there's another way to do this, but yeah, saar on, bring it on.
Speaker 3: We don't have a functional system to like stop it from happening.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and call my house Mount Doom.
Speaker 3: All right, let's uh, let's take another break and we'll come back and talk about the Golden Globes and Trump's interview and ray Gun, we'll be right back and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 3: We're back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Are, Miles. The Golden Globe nooms just dropped and what happened, gave me a bunch of movies that I have to watch now that I had not heard of.
Speaker 2: More move There's more movies this.
Speaker 3: Year, more movies. They made even more movies. H the a movie called The Brutalist Conclave Anora. I wanted to watch that. Yeah, the Brutalist I was not aware of the substance and Anora both got five nominations. Those were both on my list of movies to watch. Wicked got a bunch, but the director was snubbed. Wicked fans are not happy Meryl Streep wasn't nominated for her TV work on Only Murders in the Building, And we can pretty much guarantee that Meryl Streep does not give a fuck about that.
Speaker 1: No, does he have like seven hundred Golden Globes I feel like has a record for something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. And then just Pamela Anderson on there for her work in a movie called The Last Showgirl that also features Dave Bautista, Jamie Lee, Curtis Kieran, and Schipka from mad Men okay, but is directed by a Coppola.
Speaker 1: Another coupla family like When We Don't Know That isn't Schwartz Jason Schwartzman or Nicholas Cage or Sophia Coppola.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, Gia Coppola, I think, is who's that? It's another another you know, there's a couple of there got it? So you are so got it? Francis is grandpa. Oh wow, that's where we're at. Damn ye the next generation.
Speaker 1: Of which means and your cousins are Jason Schwartzman and Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 2: That's cool, what a life shout out?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Brian Thattter points out, Coppolas will copulate, it turns out, and then you get more than.
Speaker 1: A I'm I guess I'm not surprised because the HFBA is all like it's a lot of like European journalists too, that like some French musicals getting all these things, and I'm like, what the fuck is what?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they went like real real obscure on this. They're like, I don't know, we're not nobody's gonna watch this ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah man, well yeah, I mean that it's it's been like the Association has been bought like a few years ago, and it's it's like not not anything like it was before. So here we go we'll see, we'll see where it goes. We'll see where it goes. But I'm did they nominate Twisters?
Speaker 3: I don't think Twisters got a single. That's I didn't. I hadn't even thought about this fuck until just now.
Speaker 2: This is a fucking crime.
Speaker 1: People were getting fucking sucked off into the sky just randomly. There are people You're like, Oh, that person gets sucked off. The person next to them got sucked off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that I don't know that's film.
Speaker 3: But wait a second. I found an article that says, a cinematic and box office achievement we have Alien Romulus, Beetle Juice, Beetlejuice, Deadpool, and Wolverine, Gladiator too, Inside Out Too, Twisters.
Speaker 2: This is this is a category.
Speaker 1: This is a new category for just like for bomb bomb ass movies from the box office.
Speaker 3: Bomb ass movies that did good at box office.
Speaker 2: Oh hell yeah, all right, we're back, baby.
Speaker 3: We're back baby. Somehow they missed the Wana too, even though that was like the biggest movie bigger.
Speaker 2: It's a cartoon, which.
Speaker 3: The Wild Robot Cinematic and box Office Achievement category Twisters colon. That guy just got sucked off by the sky yep, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Something you've been calling for for a while. Look at you.
Speaker 3: It happened, I know. But I feel like they just go down the list of movies that made a certain amount of money and.
Speaker 2: They're like sort live box office return click.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel like it should be like the movies that did the best in the art of popcorn cinema, you know.
Speaker 2: And that's what't.
Speaker 3: Know why my voice turned into the fucking comic book guy as I was saying that popcorn cinema. Uh, there's a Trump interview over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did one with Christian Welker, and it was real nice. You know, they're already just like we're back at it again, fawning over him, doing a few follow up questions, some pushback, but overall, you know, Trump just got to say whatever you wanted. I'm not I'm not gonna play clips. We're not going to subject everyone to his voice already. I'll just give you the low lights very quickly. He was talking tough about tariffs, talking tough on tariffs, man tt O t But it also clear at the same time doesn't understand how trade works, just based on like when Kristen Welker was hitting him with follow ups.
Speaker 2: He just said like acid nine things that were like.
Speaker 1: Buzzwords that he probably heard during a Heritage Foundation meeting. He's also seriously considering, are seriously considering pardoning the January sixers. He said he won't direct the FEDS to arrest people like Joe Biden or Adam Schiff, but cash Betel and pay him bond.
Speaker 3: He might and that his hands.
Speaker 2: He's like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean that if they think, if they think that's right, then then maybe they'll have to do that, and then he will. Also he also mentioned that he will deport US citizens with undocumented undocumented parents, basically saying he wants to kill birthright citizenship. That's the fourteenth Amendment, but again also doesn't understand the constitution. I think he thinks he'll do that by executive order, and then that'll probably get cut tied up in lawsuits and then we then we'll really find out how fucking gone we are. Also was very vague when asked about whether or not abortion medications will still be available for people. So that was those were kind of the the big pieces. It's more of the same but just as.
Speaker 3: Awful cool, and they were just kind of like hey, and we're just we're here to open up a with you.
Speaker 1: There was like a picture of him, like the graphic was like him with with arms wide open, like it was like he's coming back, Like it was there, it says return to office.
Speaker 2: It looks it's so fucking.
Speaker 3: Freaky wow, fist in the air. Yeah, yeah, yeah, returned too often? Was it? He sat down? It was like a stud But then yeah, yeah, I feel like we didn't. We never sit kneecapped to kneecap anymore.
Speaker 1: Miles, what's it's because you're very sweaty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my kneecaps get sweaty. I do right ruin your and my pants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it goes.
Speaker 1: The sweat goes right through your jeans, very thick jeans that you kept promising me you've treated with gore on the inside to keep making this.
Speaker 3: A effect that Yeah, no, such luck, all right. And finally, we've been keeping an eye on the Raygun. The musical Raygun, the musical baking Yeah, breaking breaking news as opposed to the breaking news we gave you earlier. The parody stage musical you Know has been a part of the viral stories and the viral story since Raygun burst. Onto the scene with her whimsical trademark blend of not really knowing how to dance but being in a dance competition, and an Australian comedian was planning to preview some songs from the planned Reagun Themes musical on Saturday night, including tunes like you may be a B girl, but You'll always be an A girl to me and I'm Breaking Down, and it was scrapped because Raygun's legal team put a stop to it, sending a threat claiming that the musical could cause confusion for people who thought that Raygun herself was involved.
Speaker 1: Ah really, really, I mean really, I mean I get that, but it's so clearly a fucking parody. Do you think, I mean, she has gone into hiding. You think her next she's gonna re emerge like ray Gun the musical where I'm gonna completely just fucking cell phone on stage. And I thought Ozzie's had a better sense of humor, but I get it. This woman has been basically the internet's punching.
Speaker 2: Bag since and Gun.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah yeah, but now I'm like, oh, this could be cool, but then part of me is like, just off of those song titles, I'm like, yeah, you know what, maybe better than man? Yeah, just a b girl, but you always be an a girl taking But I'm breaking down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I don't I don't want to until i've I've heard every note.
Speaker 2: But that's true. That's true.
Speaker 3: It does. It does seem like I don't know. We'll see. This is a legal action that seems to be the equivalent of I don't know, maybe if you invited me, but like you didn't even ask me.
Speaker 2: It's kind of weird my own musical.
Speaker 3: In a statement, her management group claimed they were committed to protecting her intellectual property and ensuring that her brand remained strong and respected.
Speaker 2: Boys, the brand is not strong, Okay, this the brand is a joke.
Speaker 3: Also noted they would take necessary steps to safeguard Rachel's creative rights and the integrity of her work. Like her brand is being bad at breakdancing?
Speaker 1: Is that a brand? It's more like you're infamous. Yeah, it's infamy. The infamy is not a brand, right, I guess that's I don't know if that's a legal argument. But here, let me be your lawyer and practice law. Infamy is not a brand. There you go, It's a cultural designation all is.
Speaker 3: Definitely going to have a striis and effect, Like nobody knew that this, like not even a musical like some songs being performed at a bar existed, and now it's global news. So that probably didn't have the intended effect, but it isn't. Therefore, in keeping with her overall brand of not having the intended effect of what she seems to be trying to do, the comedian did refund the ten dollars to everybody who bought tickets, so all right, happy ending.
Speaker 2: This also ended in a griff.
Speaker 1: It's like patrons are still trying to figure out how they will get their money back. Right, we can't find the comedian for comment.
Speaker 3: NFPs. Yeah, yeah, well we'll have to talk on tomorrow's episode about the Hawktua rug pull.
Speaker 2: But oh man, what a weekend, What a week What a weekend?
Speaker 3: Uh? All right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday morning. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,