Speaker 1: What's that at the bed spooky? Hey, juky, I'm really sure it's dead. It's coming this way.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, alas Nandez.
Speaker 1: Polle, Hey boo, it's me Roz and welcome to Ghosted by ros Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the paranormal. We have got a three peat customer, Curly Velasquez on the show, Gotta love Them. We'll get into that in the second. But hey, here's one from the Facebook group that we have. Oh, can't forget about the Facebook group. It's called Ghosted by ros Hernandez. Okay, here we go. This story here. This is from jen Zella, who writes, my grandmother passed in twenty eighteen, and it devastated my whole family. She was a woman of God. I never doubted her faith or her love for her family. And she was an avid chainsmoker. These three things sort of anchored the moment I'm about to share. Mama and I were out to pick up candy for Easter baskets in twenty nineteen for my nieces and nephews, and we were the only car visible either way on a long stretch of Interstate It was a beautiful sunny day. At the time, we were in my mom's very pristine car, complete with leather seats that were in better condition than most people's real skin, soyel this car had never been smoked in. We were talking about a certain face book post of this poem of a mother's prayer that talked about how a mother's love is never ending, and we had each seen the post and it really resonated with us. No sooner than we said a mother's prayer, the car filled with a completely invisible fog of cigarette smoke. Mama and I got slack jawed and stared at each other with eyes as wide as saucers for a moment, and then we each smiled and simultaneous shock and comfort. I shouted Grandma Joe at the exact moment Mom shouted, it's Mom. It was a beautiful moment that had us in tears. Fast forward to two years ago, my Auntie, who also had been an avid chain smoker, passed away pretty suddenly and unexpectedly. Mama, in the new car she had just bought, was on her way to town to see my cousin a few days after losing my aunt and wouldn't you know, on a stretch of country road with no other cars or people in sight, her car filled with another invisible fog of fresh cigarette smoke. I'm obsessed. Thank you Jenzila presenting that. That to me is just such a I mean, it's it's a beautiful story, but it's also like such a fun, funny way to like make your presence known. I wonder if it works for like people that smoke weed, or like people that vape, or like, because you always hear about like yes, cigarettes are cigar kind of smoke smelled or pipe tobacco, these old ghosts that would smoke it, But like I don't know, I'm just obsessed with it, Like get out those Marlboro reds. Well, thanks for sending that, Okay. Carly Velasquez is hilarious to me, gorgeous as well, and an internet personality, famously for BuzzFeed. And he's been on the show multiple times and always has great stories. And U let's do it. Here's me and my friend Curly Velasquez and with the show. Oh my god, we have a three peat customer here. Curly, welcome back.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me. You already know I'm obsessed with you.
Speaker 1: I'm obsessed with you.
Speaker 2: I live for you. I live for you, like talking and sassing the ghosts and the spirit world, and they're not ready for you.
Speaker 1: Somebody has to I think that's the problem. They either get just screamed at or people being like it's okay, you're just misunderstood. And I'm like, if you're an asshole, you're gonna get talked to, like an asshole gets talked to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't care if you're dead or alive. Yeah. I have this weird thing where like, and you know, we can dive into whenever, but whenever I dream about spirits or I feel like they're in my dreams talking to me. It's really strange that my default is always to be mad at them. Like it's never I'm never like, oh my god, like how can I help you. I'm always like get the fuck out of here. It's so like it's my natural like instinct to be like what are you doing? Like go away? So I've I've been trying to train myself to be a little bit more like, oh, okay, so you're here, what's what's going on?
Speaker 1: You know, They're just like, hey, how are you? You're like, eh, yeah, well, are you like that in life when you're awake.
Speaker 2: No, When people come talk to me in real life, I'm very like, how are you tell me about your life? Like super welcoming. There's just something about my dreams where I think it's like, uh, you know again, we can dive into this deeper as well. But I tend to be kind of psychic with dreams, so I can like predict certain things or I'll know that something's gonna happen, like early in March, I started telling my mom at the end of the month. In early April, something's gonna happen, like something like big. And then I had more dreams and I was like, I think it's gonna be three earthquakes that I'm seeing and I'm like, it's one big one and two little ones. And I thought they were going to be in La because the dream kind of showed me an event that was happening in La and we had they had that massive one I think in Taiwan, and I was like, Okay, I think that's the one, like and then it happened I think early April, and then there was another one here in La like right after that was smaller, and I know we have earthquakes in LA all the time, so you're like, whatever, Well.
Speaker 1: There was that one in New York too, which was so unusual for them.
Speaker 2: So that's the one that I'm like, it was so weird that I would just felt it in my dreams that something was gonna happen.
Speaker 1: So you're like a psychic like that now.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm trying to get better. I dreamt that I was in a building and the building started to collab. So I was on vacation and I was in this building like falling through the air from the inside. And the next day when I woke up and I was going to bed, there had been that building collapse in Miami, and so like things like that, like I don't I don't really know where they're going to happen, and I'm trying to get better at where they're going to happen. But like I dreamt about September eleven, I dreamt the two planes. A plane crashed into my house and I died, and then I woke up again and my house was on fire, and then a plane crashed into my neighbor's house, like right before Lisa left, Di Lopez died. I dreamt that I died in a car accident in like off a road in a jungle, my car flipped over. She passed away in Costa Rica like things like that. So I'll dream it, but I can't pin it.
Speaker 1: What we never got into this because I think I knew that you were like a little bet like medium. I didn't know that you were like predict things.
Speaker 2: So my grandma passed away last year. She was like truly was one of my life. If I could tell you what it's like to have a best spirit friend that has probably been with me across the universe countless times over and over again, it would be like my grandma, you know, like we were just like I know that she was sent here to kind of put things into place so that her son could be born and then I could come out, and we're very much connected. When she passed, I start I still talk to her every single day, as if the way that I would call her on the phone, you know, like I would always go like, oh, get that gimmick Gentas is what I would always say, Like gimmick wenthess is like what do you have to say for yourself? You know, like what do you have to what's going on? Tell me something about yourself. And I still do that all the time. And the way that I feel like that has opened up different channels in terms of things that I dream, even things that I hear around people that have passed over. I feel like it's opening the channels a little bit more.
Speaker 1: When you have these prediction dreams, like how do you are you able to tell that it is a prediction or is it like how do you decipher like oh I just had a good dream, or like that seems like something's going to happen.
Speaker 2: I have different signals, so one of them, one of my main signals that if I die in the dream, it's probably going to be something that happens. And I kind of die in my dreams a lot, and we can also talk about that too. I go into like different I had this one dream where I woke up and I was in this like chapel, and when I woke up, I was sleeping on this bed and there was like, I don't know, maybe like five little kids, six little kids at the door, and they were like, he's awake, and they were giggling and they ran off and I was like where am I? And I came out and I was in this chapel that was for it was like a choir, like it was like it was I don't want to see, like an if you can imagine an orphanage type of a feel. But the way that they kept the kids busy was to a choir. And so I walked around and they were like, we're having a celebration today. It's an honor and blah blah blah. And I remember hearing them like the most beautiful voices, like just the most beautiful songs, and I remember thinking like, damn, everyone here can sing, and I go, I go. There are a lot in dreams like I'll wake up and I'll be like talking to a teacher another teacher, and we'll be like, oh, let's get out of this room. Let's go to another room because the kids need a practice. So one of my identifiers for what I believe will happen is if I die in the dream. Another one is if it's like a conversation, like there's nothing else going on, I'm just talking to the individual about something. So like I had a dream the other day that I was talking to my friend and he was telling me about his dad. He told me about this dinner where the dad went around the table acknowledging everybody at the dinner except for him, and he was very upset over the fact that he wasn't being acknowledged. And I woke up. I hit him up and I was like, hey, I had this dream. He actually got upset with me. He was like, I'm on my way to work and you just triggered me deeply, Like my dad, who hasn't been in my life for years, like just hit me up, and he he wants to come back into my life, but I feel like he was never there, so why would I. Other times, I'll dream. I dreamt that my tattoo artist was having a baby. I actually predicted he was gonna have a girl. I hit him up. I woke up at three in the morning. I texted him at three in the morning. I said, sorry to bother you. I had a dream that I think is going to happen, and I think you're gonna have a baby. He laughed. He thought it was cute. Come to find out his wife was actually pregnant, but they didn't know. They hadn't taken any of the tests. But I guess that was the week that they had conceived. So we did the math.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So like things like that, like I'll know. So it's dying conversations. And then the last one is if I feel like something isn't me. So like last night I dreamt that I was a woman and I was talking about my sister and her husband. But my sister and I were twins in this dream, and I started to kind of ask like is it me? Like I kind of go into like a little bit like is it me when you? Or am I dipping into ghost realm? Is this now somebody else, like spirit talking to me? And so the dream last night I just heard quickly it's it's like almost like it's not you, this is somebody else talking to you. But then I get stuck. I don't know where to take that. I don't know where else to go with it. I'm like, thank you for the conversation, like maybe they were passing by, or maybe I picked up on some sort of energy or something, or I won't but I know, like I can hear different voices that I just know don't belong to me. I have this other amazing one where I dream that I'm a young black boy and I look at my hands and I have like like black hands and I'm a child and I can look up at my mom and I am so like full of love for this woman that is my mom. And she teaches me like a lot of lessons, like she's a lot She's very like, don't don't be afraid to do this. And there was one dream where she was like, don't be afraid to walk across like the I guess like whatever room we were in or a street, and she like grabbed my hand and she showed me like how to walk through a crowd of people, like you got to have direction and move. Another time, I was in this along with her and I'm just looking at her in awe, but I don't it's me, but it's not me, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: It's like I'm seeing the dream as if I'm wearing like virtual reality glasses and I'm in this other world right, but it's not curly, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: I'm so jealous. I haven't had a dream in fifteen years.
Speaker 2: You do, though, that's the best part. I think that Like if you're awake and you're thinking about it, and you talk about it and you pray about it, wake yourself up in the middle of the night, Like, send an alarm, sit there with your eyes closed, turn it off. Sit there with your arm with your eyes closed, Think about anything, maybe where you just were or something. Force yourself to wake up, record a voice note or journal it, and you kind of start to build this practice of like what your dreams are.
Speaker 1: I have always had a theory that it's because I am just very cheap minded and I don't have the budget for these big productions. I mean, these dreams that you're describing. They got a full choir of children. That's yeah, pay each one of the children. They got to go, they had to go schooling on set.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love them.
Speaker 1: Like that's a full production. And we don't have lighting money. We don't have that. We don't have any of it over here.
Speaker 2: It's low budge, you know, like when you are falling asleep or you're waking up. I call it the in between. Right, So when you're falling asleep, do you when you think about things? And you know, ADHD brains, like our minds go everywhere. I don't know, I don't know if you have ADHD, but my mind goes everywhere. But everything is kind of still somewhat connected, right, Like I'll be like, oh uh, oh, I really liked my sweater today. I really enjoy the color, like navy blue. I should start wearing more navy blue. Oh maybe if I were navy blue, if I've run into so and so. But I can still kind of connect my thought process.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a through line.
Speaker 2: There's a through line exactly. I feel like when there's a glitch, like if I'm like, oh, I really love navy blue elephants, I'm like, oh, I'm in. Like I'm in and I can hear my breath change too. It's a deep like like I'm in. I call it like the in between or like the matrix or whatever. But once you're there, start thinking about whatever, ask questions like where so and so? What is this? What's so and So's name? Like is you know? I don't know it does so and so have a crush on me? Like little things like that, oooh see it?
Speaker 1: Because like I was convinced for a while that it meant that I'm like a serial killer or something because I don't dream, like, I don't know what it means, but it doesn't feel like it's a good thing.
Speaker 2: But are you a serial killer?
Speaker 1: Not that I know see that would take commitment, and I just don't think I could commit to the same thing.
Speaker 2: But low key, wouldn't you be such a fabulous serial killer? Not to make glight of like being a murderer, but imagine you like being like, you know, the topic of a Netflix documentary and it's all about ras and how you did it and looking as fabulous as you do. There'd be another Netflix show probably about you being a serial killer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's like way too long, even though like I only killed two people, but they somehow make it eight hours. Yeah, I don't think. I don't think I could be a serial color because I can't deal with like the guilt of lying, or like I can't keep secrets.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I feel like I couldn't be a serial killer because I'm the type of person who that will like think about something that I said, Like did I hurt their feelings with that thing that I said last Tuesday as I was leaving work on my way out, Like.
Speaker 1: Right, did I hurt their feelings when I murdered them?
Speaker 2: Yes? Or you're hanging up with someone and you're like shut up bye, and then you hang up, like, oh my god, I can't believe I told them to shut up? Why would I tell them to shut up? What's wrong with me? Like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can.
Speaker 2: I can barely keep my thoughts in line when I'm talking to somebody a little take out a life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be me. I'd be like, why did I cut their head off? What is wrong with me?
Speaker 2: Do you feel insects?
Speaker 1: No? I don't. But anyway, I'm not a serial killer. But I think what people have convinced me is that I don't dream because I'm at peace. My brain gets a break. But it's so hard to wake my ass up because first of all, I never wake up in like a like, I don't get awoken by dreams. I'm like, okay, this is nice. Everyone's quiet, and I want it to stay this way.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a question? Do you have like an inner monologue?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay, because some people don't have inner monologues.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah, it's a full on audiobook podcast over here at all times. Wait, let's go back to your grandma stuff. So you find yourself talking to her all the time? Are you getting signs of her?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So, like one of the things was my grandma's We were really tired, and I as a young kid, in my entire life, I always used to tell her, Grandma, when you pass over, I want you to flicker the lights. Okay, that was our thing. And I would always quiz her and I always go like, Grandma, what are you supposed to do to night when you cross over? Flick of the lights? What you're supposed to do when you cross over? Flick of the lights. And you know, my grandma passed away from dementia and Alzheimer's, and so the day she went, like, I feel like even before she went, which is pretty common with people who have family that have dementia or friends or dealing with loved ones who have dementia, you'll start to see, I'm getting the chills, by the way, and that's another signal for me that it's accurate. You'll start to see signals even before they have completely passed over, like you'll feel them with you. You'll start to dream with them already, like outside of their dementia. And my grandma, one time I was talking to my dad and I was telling I was like on the phone and just telling him that you know how much I was hurting from my grandma, you know, having dementia, and he was like, the whole time you've been talking to me, this black butterfly has been like flying all around me. And I told him send me a video. I put the story up on TikTok, and of course, love the Internet, people started to leave comments about this particular butterfly and I forgot what it was called. It has like a specific name. But these butterflies are supposed to be signals that somebody is about to pass like it is. It is absolutely people from that community believe that this butterfly and our I guess our community, like the death community or the spiritual community, have a you know, a thing with this particular butterfly, of being a warning about death essentially. So when she actually passed away, I didn't feel like she was gone. I felt like she was in the next room. And I made a promise to her that I would say her name out loud every single day, and I still do. It's been over like a year now and some all days and I still I say her name. I have this spiritual belief that in the Bible they talk about God. In the beginning, there was the Word, and the word was with God. The word was God and the word was with God. So I believe that the word and voice and the vibration of your vocal chords and sound and electricity can somehow bring life forward in a lot of different ways. Right Like, if I still have the life and the movement to say her name, I somehow can breathe life into her. I say, I can shake death off of her for just the moment, So I say her name out loud. And the day that I buried her, I went to my ex boyfriend's house, my partner at the time, and I was sitting in the living room. We were sitting in the living room, we both kind of He had fallen asleep on the couch next to me, and the lights were off, and the electricity made this like weird like power like surge noise like a almost like ah, and they started to like flicker, And I was like, that's that's got to be something here in the apartment. That's got to be something that happens. But it would happen frequently when I was there at his place, and I would ask him, and I would ask like his roommate, like does this happen a lot? They're like, no, that's new, and that only happens when you're here, and so I'm like, Okay, that's cool, Like it's fine. Maybe it's just a coincidence. Right then, anywhere that I go, if I see a flickering light, I always think it's my grandma. And recently I was talking to a medium on another podcast and I was talking to her about my grandma. I hadn't mentioned the flickering lights at all to her, and I started to ask her basically about that relationship that I was in, because it was actually kind of a toxic one for me, right spiritually, physically, like it just took a toll on me. The question was, was my Grandma there with me while I was in this toxic relationship? And you know, I'm trying to fight a little bit of an emotion. But I was at my parents' house at that time, and the lights did the same thing where they kind of had like a surge kind of a noise and they started to flicker, and my internet went out and the call dropped, and that was my last question. The medium was like, what's your final question that I can answer for you? And that was my last question. And I felt very much like, oh yeah, that's got to be something that's got to be I texted my ex's roommate and I was like, Hey, sorry to bother you, but do you remember when this used to happen? And she was like, that actually stopped happening once you guys like broke up, once you were gone, that never happened again.
Speaker 1: Weird.
Speaker 2: It felt like a signal to me that my grandma was like I was there, because that's when it would happen when I would be with him, And it almost felt like her being like and here I am again to validate that I was there. Oh, I'm like really fighting like tears now, like just kind of thinking that they are there with you. They will give you signals if you ask for them, if you believe that they have the power, if you believe if you give them that kind of space and energy in your mind to be like, I know you're there, You're just in the next room. I know you can hear me, I know you can feel me, you know. And I came back on by the way, and the medium was like that's so crazy. I'm like, you know, yeah, it happened. I don't want to like, I don't want to like over not compensate, but I don't want to give it more meaning than maybe it was, but it's what happened, right, And she was like, by the way, when you got disconnected, I did hear your grandma say that she was there. And she also the medium also read me a little bit. She's like, you know, you stayed there longer than you should have because you thought that he was handsome and cute, like you stayed there based on books. And I was like not getting read by like my grandma on this medium. But you know, since then, since all my Grandma' stuff, like it's been really anytime I see a signal from her, it's my thing is always like flickering lights, like always like thank you for being with me. And she gives me other signals too. People ros people come up to me all the time, Like I went to the White House and somebody at the White House was like, I love your grandma so much. You know, I'll be at a bar, people will come up to me random and like, I love your grandma. Restaurants, whenever I'm scared or feeling some sort of way, people will always come up to me and go, oh, I love your grandma. You know. For those who don't know, like I actually started to post a lot of videos of our relationship before her dementia, and people fell in love with her because she was rowdy and crass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'd loved her too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And people like really loved her even in her dementia. And so when people come up to me at random restaurants or wherever and they're like, hey, I just want to say that I love your grandma so much, I still feel like that's her. I still feel like, you know, Maya Angelo has this beautiful poem called like Love Liberates, and she's like, I'd love to have you near me. I'd love to have your voice in my ear, but I know that that kind of happen now. And I feel like that's very much like my grandma. Like I feel like I'd love to be close to you, but that can happen. But for now, I love you, and I'm I'm here all around you. You know.
Speaker 1: I keep thinking that the light behind you is flickering. I think it's just like a jet, Like the camera is like adjusting every time.
Speaker 2: Oh I see yeah, when I move, yeah, yeah, when I move yeah.
Speaker 1: But in my mind is flickering.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's flickering every time it's like a just bee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is all so beautiful.
Speaker 2: I will say too us like when people pass over, if you keep talking to them and you keep them in your daily like, I'm sure it's inevitable that you'll dream about them. And so I still dream about her all the time, you know, I'll dream that she's like there with me and chilling. And sometimes she's a little bit older. Sometimes she's a little bit younger. U. Sometimes I'm like, what do you what are you doing here? And she's like, I'm here with my friends like back up, you know, and I'm like you should be in bed, like who you ow? Who's taking care of you?
Speaker 1: That's so cute, Like her and her girls are like, oh and you know, be fun. Let's go on, yeah to Curly's dreams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, like let's just go hang out. I feel the difference between her when she visits me and then when I feel like spirits talking to me, Like when I feel like, oh, this is a ghost talking to me about something that I can't I don't know how to help.
Speaker 1: I need to get on the list for your dreams. I want to hear a prediction, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I started doing and then I stopped, and I'm now I'm kind of like worried about doing it again. But I started doing what is it called when you do like writing?
Speaker 1: Automatic writing?
Speaker 2: Oh? Automatic writing? Yeah. I started doing automatic writing for a friend and I predicted like a whole bunch of stuff for her. Like I was just like, this is what I see your partner going. I see them dating this individual, I see travel for them. I see like different financial things.
Speaker 1: When you're awake, you can do this.
Speaker 2: When I'm awake, I go. I try to go in the in between, So I'll sit at my table, I put my head down, I try to fall sleep a little bit, and I asked my questions and then I'll come out. But it scares me to do it because I feel like I don't want to say things to somebody that I feel like might like inspire, I guess, or like not inspire, but kind of like make them go a different way, right, If that's not what's the truth.
Speaker 1: That is the tough thing with prediction. Yeah, you know it can influence people's decisions exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean. I had a psychic tell me years ago when I was twenty two. She was like, you're going to meet a Capricorn. In every Capricorn that I met, I was like, are you the one? Are you the one? Are you the one? And like for years I was like, oh my god, this is it. And I'm like now I'm older and I'm like, I'm not fucking dating a Capricorn. Yeah right. I love myself too much, you know I would. I would never shout out to the capricorns listening.
Speaker 1: Wait, okay, so can you do it right now?
Speaker 2: Do it right now? Yeah, you know what. I will totally. Why don't I do it for you? Like one of these nights. I usually do it at night. I light all my candles. I ask both my grandmothers to come and help me. It's kind of like a little bit of like a ceremony. When I go in the in between, I kind of pretend like I'm wearing let's say you want a reading on like an X or something. I go in and I wear your ex like a costume almost. So I'll look at my hands and I see their hands. I picture like what would I feel like if I had their face, their hair, their body? How would I sit? How would I stand? And then I go, what am I thinking? What's what is my movement. What's happening with me?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: And so then I can start writing according to that way. I mean, I told my girlfriend, I was like, I see travel I'm like, I see you traveling. She had just gotten a new job and like, the job is going to send you somewhere with a swamp. I don't know why I see a swamp. And her first trip out with that job was she sayed in something called like swamp land, and she was like, it's so wild that exactly what you were describing day is what I'm seeing now. I do want to practice it more. My best friend, who I'm sitting next to, she's also like super psychic. She's more psychic where like you can ask her something and she'll kind of just feel it. She can feel more like intuition and she'll dream it too. And then my dad, by the way, who has to My dad has the worst, one of the worst cases I think of ADHD that I've seen where he blurts things out as you're talking. He won't let you finish a sentence. But lately I've been like, oh my god, I think you're predicting shit. Years ago, I ran into this guy and I was like, oh yeah, that guy was this is that guy's name. Like I had a crush on him, but you know, he didn't like me back, and he was like, he likes you, you guys, that's something there. He likes you. And I'm like, what you tripping down? You're just saying that because you're my dad. That ended up being my boyfriend for like three years literally like a little bit after that visit. So just blurted something out the other day about another ex and I was like, Okay, I believe it, Like it's true.
Speaker 1: Did your grandma have this gift?
Speaker 2: My grandma didn't necessarily talk about being psychic, but she did practice bluheia. That's something that she also passed down to me in a little bit. In ways, Actually, we all practice some sort of magic. I feel like a lot of Latinos, a lot of people of color from different cultures practice their own forms of magic without calling it magic, right, Like you know, for us, it's like don't put your purse on the ground, right because you'll welcome and it's superstition, right.
Speaker 1: A lot of superstition, like because you'll.
Speaker 2: Welcome bad spirits or you'll lose money if you want to like In my family, we practice like candle magic, so like if we want something, we'll light a certain type of color of candle. White candles are always for protection or when somebody passes away, or we have a prayer and intention, we always light a white candle. My mom's mom gave her a spell for when she believed that my sister got sick with something. My mom had to go around and collect trash from all around La and then bring it home. And this was in the eighties, and she had to like burn it. She had to put a little bit of that smoke like over over my sister and it was supposed to kind of heal whatever curse or whatever my vision or evil spell was put on her. So you know, little things like that. So my grandma wasn'ts like it. But you know, when she passed, we found like letters like almost like little curses and spell she put on ex husbands. We thought all her oils, her oils are like run Satan run or like binding people to her, you know, just different things that she just kind of There's a spirit called San Simon. He's a Guatemalan spirit. Were Salvadorian, so we're neighbors. The way that you praise San Simon is to give him alcohol, cigarettes, and porn. And yeah, my grandma's going to tell me about him. My grandma was like, yeah, you know, he gives you what you want if you want to work with him, work with him, but just know that he's also a very jealous spirit, so he doesn't do well with you. You have to work with the spirit only.
Speaker 1: Okay, so things like that way, but he wants porn, alcohol, and cigarettes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So he's actually based on like an indigenous spirit. And the story of him is that he basically was just a bad boy, like sounds like it. Yeah, he would steal your girlfriend, like when the men would leave the village, he would sleep with the wives like sam. But he was still loved and adored and just highly revered and so like he is kind of one of those spirits that a lot of people who wanted to practice like mischievous stuff, I think would pray too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking this up right now.
Speaker 2: I'm yeah, Son Simon obsessed. There's a really beautiful botanica on Pico in La called Templo the San Simon. It is. I just got the chills again. I have to warn you, like this is not like House of Intuition. This isn't like somewhere cute where you go and you buy like your blueheta ya stuff. This is a real like the minute you walk in, the air is heavy. You leave feeling haunted, like, yeah, he has this beautiful uh kind of like chapel to the side with the massive statue of San Simon and people come in like candles. There's cigarettes all over him. There's like porn magazines, shots of alcohol, and then next door is like to him is like La Moue and Lamueta is another spirit that a lot of people work with to kind of make things happen.
Speaker 1: You know, Oh my god, I want to go.
Speaker 2: You should go.
Speaker 1: I haven't been to like a real like Botanica in a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah you should go.
Speaker 1: I feel like, yeah, I do go to nowadays. A lot of these just like they're very light and candles and they're good energy. Yeah, I want some lady back there like with one eye, just like, yeah, it looks like she's eight hundred years old.
Speaker 2: Like he definitely has that, and he works with both spirits. So a lot of times people work with the light and the darkness to make things happen and so he's I believe that he's one of those not to put anything on him, but I believe that he's one of those that will work with both to help make your intentions happen.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 2: So I actually feel like that's why I'm also in tune with a lot of different things in terms of spirit, because I feel like I'm good enough to be protected and loved, but I feel I feel a little mischievous, and so I feel like a lot of the mischievous spirits are like like him. He's giving like cheshire cat vibes. You know, he gives a little bit like will he lead Alice down the right path? Or will he lead her to her like her death to like the Queen of hearts?
Speaker 1: You know, are you tell me more about your superstitions. I'm so into that in terms of like, are you a big believer in like the evil Eye?
Speaker 2: So funnily enough, I would say that I'm not necessarily superstitious when it comes to evil stuff, like I actually feel when someone's like, oh, be careful, you're gonna get the evil eye, or be careful someone's gonna put a spell on you. I'm very big on number one. I believe in the great source that connects us, all the energy that loves us. I believe in God. I believe that, like we are all manifestations of the Creator, and we are all kind of children of God, right and so I feel very much like that energy loves each and every one of us so fucking much because we are a part of it. That me being sending something to you is essentially coming back to me, right like, And so I feel like this energy will protect me because it's already a part of me. I'm a part of it. The other part of it is like both of my grandmothers have passed. Like, if you know any Latina, any Ala, any like woman of color, any woman who loves their child and their grandbabies, you know that women will fucking slice anybody who fucks with their kids, you know that, right? So like, yeah, for me, the idea that my boy lass I have fias on the other side, primas I have girlies on the other side. I know that my girls in life and in death would slice anybody who would fuck with me. I just feel and I have my pipple who just passed away, please.
Speaker 1: Oh please, I have a literal.
Speaker 2: Pipple on the other side. Like, so I just for me. I don't have any time for like bad luck. I'm like, have you read the news, have you seen like my toxic glass relationship? Like I'm not worried about I'm not worried about somebody sending me my dove. How I'm worried about my fucking like ex boyfriend hitting me up or something.
Speaker 1: You know, Like, yeah, I feel that way too. I feel protected, which makes me a little cocky. And I also feel so convinced that good always overpowers evil. And I feel just like with the living, like if people are rude to me or like trying to tear me down or whatever, I'm like, yeah, I'm not going to let them win. I mean, even if they don't realize that they didn't win because they didn't affect me or whatever. And so that's why when you see like these clips of me with ghosts, I'm like, you know, some people will be like the ghost is gonna possess you or whatever, and I'm like, bitch.
Speaker 2: Not me. Yeah that's how I feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not gonna let it. Something invisible is not more powerful than the good energy that I have around me, that like this negative thing is going to just like it's not gonna be able to get through absolutely.
Speaker 2: The other thing I feel, too, is like one of the things that I always say is that my Grandma blessed me with her elder Latina magic. But I feel I also believe in like the ancient queer magic that I hold in my own blood right, Like, I really I believe that queerness comes out to heal a lot of times, like a lineage or queerness to me is you know, an elevation of the mind and the spirit. So I also feel like in terms of spirit world, I'm like, no, I think that my queer magic also would just protect me in a lot of ways, like uh.
Speaker 1: Huh, you know, get that gay bitch slap exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm also just kind of like imagine that ghost coming into my room being like and I'm taking it in the ass or giving giving somebody asks and they're just like, not here, I'm gonna go. I'll go next door. You put it where. No, I'm out of here. I'm not doing none of that.
Speaker 1: I do think, like I was just I had someone over the other day and people are always like, is this place haunted? Because like I'm always like dealing with ghosts and I'm like, they're not coming in here, Like I feel like this is the this is like the least welcoming place for some kind of bad energy. And I do think that there's probably ghosts that try to creep up and they're like, Okay, this bitch is whack, Like we don't want to be around here. Yeah, that's what I think we're gonna end up on our podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I always think the spirit is gonna like one of the spirits are gonna come in and be like this fool is jacking off for the eighth time today. He's not doing a damn thing. See.
Speaker 1: Now that brings up like we've talked on this show before about our you know, spiritual protectors and our ancestors and all of that, and it's like do they clock out in those time periods?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: Are they like Okay, I'm gonna protect you, but like we're gonna just like we're gonna take five, We're gonna we're gonna leave and let you do your little dirty little things.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Have you talked for talk to aj Berrera the medium? No? Oh my god, you have to have a J Berrera on your show, like he is his gift is so strong and so amazing. Maya and I've had like a lot of interviews with him, We've done videos with him. We always get like technological what do they call it, Like technology malfunction? It malfunctions. Yeah, something will always happen. A light will go out, the batteries will drain. Like He's incredible. And I've actually asked him, like does spirit hang with you when you're engaging sexually or like if you're in the shower or you're pooping or whatever. And He's like, no, spirit will like walk away and give you like your privacy, like they'll give you a little moment to yourself, so they're not with you when you're like dropping a deuce, you know. But then again, like you know, I'm tapers where I'm like I'll sitting on the toilet while you're in the shower, like I don't care. So I feel like I would be that kind of ghost. I will be there in the shower with you. I will be there while you're dropping a deuce, and I might sit on the bed while you're getting laid. I'll be like cheering you on.
Speaker 1: See. I was thinking about the kind of ghost I would be when you were talking about the lights flickering and all that, because I don't know how to control anything. I don't know electronics. I don't know how to do anything. So I feel like if someone was like, make sure you play with my electronics when you pass, like, I feel like I'd be dead and I'd be like, oh my god, I don't I no clue what to do. I don't know what. I don't know how to do.
Speaker 2: Real You're like, I don't know how to use this light switch? What is this thing? Like? Where's this remote control? How do I turn this on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Like I could turn it on or off or I could smash it, but like I don't know how to like make it flicker, Like yeah, yoh, what I would have to do?
Speaker 2: I feel like with me, I would probably communicate with music and song Like I feel like I would make things like I would play a song that you would go, oh shit, I remember that he used to sing that, or.
Speaker 1: A DJ, A ghost DJ, A ghost DJ exactly.
Speaker 2: I feel like that'd be my vibe. Like I'd be like playing music or you hear you start singing a song randomly and I'd be like, oh, yeah, that's me for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, Curly, this is not at all where I thought this podcast was going to go. I'm very happy about it, though, because I did prepare a bunch of stuff for us to do, but we don't necessarily have time for all that. I think we should just jump on over to listening to some ghost voices.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's time for EVP or e EV please. So you've been on this podcast three times, you've done this before. But for anyone that's new here, what I do is I go to YouTube or sometimes TikTok wherever, and I find people's alleged recordings of ghosts speaking, and I will play two of them, and I want you, Curly, to tell me what you hear, and then I'll give you some options. One of the options is the right answer that the ghost hunter believes they've captured.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm terrible at these. By the way, I barely understand Ariana Grande where she sings, let alone a ghosts. Well.
Speaker 1: Usually these are terrible too, So okay, I try to get the best ones I can find. This first one is from Florida Ghost Patrol, which is a great name. I'm obsessed Florida Ghost Patrol and it's at some cemetery, an old eighteen hundred cemetery. Okay, what is this ghost saying?
Speaker 2: Do it again? He said? He said, I'm dropping their little deuce.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, it could be or.
Speaker 2: He's like, I'm something something, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's definitely a yeah for sure. Well that's not what the Florida Ghost Patrol thought it said. Was it A pink tie would be cute on you? Uh? Huh b I've been talking to you. See I think I'm into you or d I think I need to pooh? Literally what I said, I mean, that's very close to what you said.
Speaker 2: Can I hear it again?
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 2: I want to say. It's probably I've been talking to you.
Speaker 1: That is what they believe it said. And I yeah, here, let me plead it again. Okay, yeah, I've been talking to you.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, well, I need you to speak clearly, sir, because I'm having a little trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, maybe they were talking to you while they were pooping. I don't know. Here's another one. This one is from TikTok and it was posted by Spirit Sessions Official, and it's at a place called Asylum forty nine in two Utah, what is it saying, Curly? By last, This one's rough. Okay, let's try it again.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's Can you do that one more time? I'm sorry. Yeah, that sounded like nothing except for like somebody moving their shower curtain aside in the shower.
Speaker 1: Well, did they think it was a wait, come on, come back, b welcome to my nightmare? See bring them to me? Or d work girl, get that cash?
Speaker 2: Can we try one more time? Oh? It does sound like bring them to me a little bit, but I also just I don't know. I'm also very big on being like, I'm going to stand by what I heard. And I heard a shower curtain being moved, so.
Speaker 1: They do believe it was bring them to me? Like, let me bring this again. Yeah, I hear it while a shower curtain is being pulled back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like bring to me.
Speaker 1: Well, Curly, you really gave us the goods.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Babs. I appreciate you so much for having me And this is stuff that I love talking about and I can go on forever and never never, like it's just for me, whether it's spirit or ghost. What's really nice is the understanding that maybe it doesn't end when we think it ends, and I think that's the best part. I think that's why it's not so scary, because you're like, oh, cool, Like maybe there is something waiting for us on the other side. And if it's not somewhere in the clouds at the heart, maybe it's in someone's shower where I'm just gonna like swing the curtains back and forth and be like bring them to me.
Speaker 1: You're doing. What is this PBS show you're doing? It's about death.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the PBS show. We finished shooting it. It was one season last year. It's called Dead and Buried. Definitely check it out on uh pbs dot com and on their social media platforms. Basically, we explore different aspects of death, like creating AI for dead loved one or what kind of burials people prefer, or even like small little rituals that we do, like the rip T shirts that people wear when somebody passes away, different things like that, Like we explore different aspects of what death means, hospice care, deathdoulas, different things that people would find very interesting because I think as afraid of we are, as death, it's inevitable, and I think it's important to not be afraid of it totally.
Speaker 1: You know. I always talk about having these conversations about the spiritual world makes me not afraid to die, absolutely, because it makes me feel like it's just not it's not over, there's more, there is something.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Do you ever think what you would say? I always have this because I've died so many times in my dream Do you ever think what you would say as you were going, like, what would be like your last thoughts or your last thing that you would say in your head? Yes, what would you say?
Speaker 1: I would say. I never told anyone this, But the truth is I that's so funny.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking the other day that I want somebody to like cause the scene at my funeral and be like, I'm sorry I should have told you about our child, and then just like walk off the stage, like walk off the yeah, like it's me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to hire like full on improv actors.
Speaker 2: She's gonna do that exactly, like but not saying anything. Just get off the stage, leave, get in the car and go.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, this is wild, curly. Something just happened to me.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 1: I never dream I just remembered that I had a dream last night.
Speaker 2: I told you. I told you, I.
Speaker 1: Just remembered, and it had to do with an existing TV show that's already on TV and me joining it and collaborating with it.
Speaker 2: Put it down in the universe.
Speaker 1: Is it a prediction?
Speaker 2: It might be.
Speaker 1: I would feel better if it was you that had the dream than me.
Speaker 2: But why don't you text me the name of the show and then we can see I'll do like some I'll try to dive in a little later today and see God or we might actually know someone.
Speaker 1: I just can't. I can't believe that. Like I seriously never dream and I just like I just like remembered, like I fully had like a long dream, and now I'm remembering all of these things that happened to me.
Speaker 2: Write it down.
Speaker 1: It wasn't just like a blip. It was like a full on story.
Speaker 2: Write it down. Write it down tonight, or when we hang up, write it down and think about it, reflects on it. Light a candle, light a white candle, Write the name of the show on a piece of paper, put it under the white candle. I would leave it there for like over ten days. I like to go over. People say ten days, but I like to go a little bit over and see what happened to leave the paper? Okay for you?
Speaker 1: No, I love all that stuff. I'm into it. Yeah, I mean, and I studied a decent amount of that. And it's interesting growing up Catholic. How like there's so much overlap?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely, absolutely so much. It's all magic. People just call God different names. People just call like, what's a prayer if not a spell?
Speaker 1: Oh totally?
Speaker 2: What are the witches in the craft man? Send me blah blah blah blah blah. And then what are we saying, like, Lord, send me, you know, send me more funds? Like it's all just different names, and we're just all trying to be like co creators and tapping into the universe and asking it to help us in places that we don't understand.
Speaker 1: So well, I feel like I understand you better now, and I'm so happy that you've joined me once again.
Speaker 2: I love you so much, I really do. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Bye bye, Thank you, Curly, go check out everything Curly does. Hey, and thank you for listening. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Kay bye, this has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, so email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at Roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kottner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Crichton. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the Chilling Karen Kilgaiff, the Spooky Georgia hart Start, and the Frightening Danielle Kramer.