Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast, George, nor with you. Scott Taking Hard with Us currently helps facilitate a team of mediums, both living and dead, that work together to help earth bound spirits find peace and return home to the Light. Team al the afterlife mediums on the other side is what they're called, also a key part of the team, helping bring through the voices from the other side. We'll listen to some of those as well. Scott's books include Surviving Death Again, The Owner's Manual, to the Near Death Experience, and other spiritually transformative experiences. Scottie, welcome back. Have you been, Oh, George?
Speaker 3: Oh? The journey over the past two years since I've been on to something and all I can say is buckle up, George and your audience, because we're going to literally transport out of this world and completely probably shatter some people's perception of their world the afterlife.
Speaker 2: How did you get interested in this?
Speaker 3: And so it came about actually from my own personal experience. When my father passed away in nineteen eighty two, I was at home. He was forty miles away in a hospital dying and died, and he came into the room after he died, and this spirit came into the room and hovered next to my bed. And interesting thing, George is it wasn't scary at all because I immediately knew it my dad and we knew he was dying at cancer. And as he hovered there next to me and we had this beautiful reunion, a tunnel light opened up in the upper part of the room, and two angelic beings came to the end of the tunnel and set called him, so it was time to go. And I was trying it went for years trying to understand that experience because I had never heard anybody talk about it, only to find out exactly more common than you think. People are just too scared to.
Speaker 2: Talk about before it happened. Were you interested in the other side?
Speaker 3: I was somewhat spiritual, but I would say I was a like a lot of people who had a basic religion of hey, you know, there's a god. I believed in a god, and I believe we go somewhere when we died, but I had no idea. And this is why I say, we're going to shatter some people's including myself. I mean, over the past two years, my whole impression of life, the universe and everything has changed. And ask me again in two years, it will probably changed quite a bit. Again.
Speaker 2: What got you to the point where you changed?
Speaker 3: Well, having that experience of literally when my dad's tunnel opened up, I could call it telepathy or whatever, I could actually hear the act like I could hear heaven on the other side, to hear people milling about doing their thing, and and it was so powerfully positive and peaceful that it just made me have to understand that this didn't Again, I had never heard anything close to it, so it didn't match up what I thought I believed. And then the reality that it's just it's a lot of it is different. And I would just tell you real quick that some of the earthbound spirits that we deal with are earthbound because when they left their body, their perception of the afterlife was different than what they were experiencing, so they actually were afraid to go to the life.
Speaker 2: What do you think happens after we die.
Speaker 3: Well, it's funny them. The very first line in the book, it kind of sums up the book, which is the first thing you notice after you're supposedly dead is that you continue to exist, and that pretty much sums it up. You continue to exist. That life and death here are merely doorways that we step through in a continual transition, throughout multiple throughout eternal existence.
Speaker 2: Essentially, do people know that they're dead when they die.
Speaker 3: Not always, especially in a sudden traumatic death. There are times, and I've literally talked to people on the other side who they had to explain to them, no, you're dead. And so there are people that are confused because it happened so quick. All they know is for some reason, nobody will talk to them anymore, and they don't really understand what's going on. And that can happen oddly enough. It seems strange, but they're are people who don't know they're dead.
Speaker 2: Scotty tell us about the work you do with mediums, those who are living and those who are dead.
Speaker 3: That George has been some of the biggest what has altered my view of everything. I mean, first of all, you go from a belief in an afterlife right and then throughout my life I had been sensitive to what we call a sensitive meaning that I could I could hear the other side through the veil, if you want to call it as a common term for it. And so I picked up things and about it's funny. Actually eleven years ago tonight is on June eleventh, eleven years ago, was one of the first times I actually made direct contact with Jodie Housen. Truth actually is her name, and we're going to talk about her probably a lot, because she is. She ended up becoming our team leader on the other side. And so what happened was, after realizing a number of years that I was sensitive, I felt an obligation of responsibility to the gift to better understand it and develop it. So me and my close friend Lisa Williams started taking classes. And by the way, this is not an endorsement by her, but Cindy Kayza offers mediumship classes. So we were like, yeah, you know what, I need to go to school. So we went to school and we made friends with a number of students there and started what we call a breakout session in which we all practice with each other. And so what that was During our practice, Lisa and I had the idea of why don't we take Jody's case, who has been gone twenty nine years now. This year and tossed it in the middle and so of the of the group and work on it. Well. Within three days, we made direct contact with Jody again after I had made contact with her eleven years ago today, and we completely found out everything there was to know. And Jody was a TV producer, not producer, excuse me, she was a TV news anchor, and so she was very organized in life and very gold driven, and so she ended up on the other side. So you carry your who you are is who you are, so when your body falls off, you're still the same person, just without a body. So she ended up being sort of a leader. And then we decided to have her go find our second case, which was Susan Cox Powell. We said, go find Susan and let her talk through your microphones to us if that's possible. Well she did, and we actually George picked up like an angel, standing watching this to see if it was gonna work. So Susan started talking to us and we literally picked up the injured going interesting, and that began team al. So Jody and Susan made up the two people that then went out and started finding the other spirits we were working with, and then to the point where Jody started bringing us cases to work on, and thus we ended up forming a medium team on the other side. And I call them a medium team because they're talking to us from the other side and we're talking to them from this side, so essentially their mediums as well, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Is Jody the person who disappeared when she was twenty seven for like twenty eight years or something like.
Speaker 3: That, correct, So I'll read you a really quick little bio rhode up. So she became a TV anchor in November nineteen ninety three Mason City, Iowa. She was investigating a supposed suicide of her best friend, discovered and discovered a dark underground of the city. She's working to clear her good friend's name from the fake suicide who's murdered Billy Crwing and and get also get a career break by doing a big story on the drug reen in the area. That is the reason that he was killed. So the top drug guy found out she knew too much and then ordered her killed. But now, by the way, let me just put a disclaimer here on this. This is what we think we've picked up. This is not we're not in court right now. This is not legal evidence. I just want to put that disclaimer out there. We are telling you what we believe, we've heard, and we've had over twenty mediums working on Jodie's case. So so on June eleventh, nineteen ninety three, exactly eleven years ago today, so basically today is one of my eleven elevens. I made first contact with her, and she and our team would eventually form an effort called Find Them Peace, Bring Them Home. She has told us where some of her remains are and what she needs for peace is on the middle finger of her left hand is a ring that she wants to go to her sister Joanne and her personal belongings that are also in that hole. We know a lot more, but we we'll just leave it at that for now.
Speaker 2: After the break, we're going to listen to an EVP of Jody and a couple others that you gave us will take and listen to. But some of these people have disappeared in very strange ways, haven't they, Scott, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I'm going to tell you, George, I should have said this at the beginning. Some of this is not going to be for the faint of heart, because it's you see the kind of the worst of humanity in some of this.
Speaker 2: So scary times are But spirits generally are pretty benevolent, aren't they.
Speaker 3: So we'll circle back to one of my statements of whatever you are before you die, you continue to be on the other side. So for the most part, I think most people are nice, most spirits. And it's funny on some of the shows that you see where you see you know that what they would initially label as a bad spirit really is a spirit that's angry, has unfinished business and things like that. They're not necessarily bad people, They're in a bad situation. So I agree with that Georgia that I believe most of.
Speaker 1: Them are benevolent.
Speaker 3: But there, of course our are bad actors out there, because I've experienced those. Two.
Speaker 2: When did you start tapping into the dead mediums as opposed to those that are just alive?
Speaker 3: So that started with Jody officially on funt he would actually be January eighth of twenty twenty two when when I decided to start taking classes. My first class was January fifteenth of twenty twenty two, but on January eighth, when I decided to take the class. This is hilarious. I was, I was working on something and I said, I need to get back to those cold cases. What was her name? Joni? And George literally audibly I heard her scream it's Jody, not Joni, and I dropped when I had my hand. In fact, it was sick. It shook me up so much. But that was the That was the beginning of the mediums. On the other side, we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna listen to another individual named Jared who was murdered in front of his two year old daughter. Is that the same person?
Speaker 3: That is it from Florida? That that is another in his own words, and there's EVPs from him that I could have brought. Devastating. He is devastated because he was so young and had a new family and previous kids. Yeah, that's Jared Bright again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all of your ep E vps have ended in violence.
Speaker 3: Well, it's funny. It's not funny. I'm sorry, it's ironic. Let me pick a proper term. It's ironic that the cases that Jody have brought to us have often been sort of the worst of the word. Now we do have some we have one Brandan Purdue, who is a suicide. It's not necessarily violent, in other words, not the hands of someone else. Most of the spirits that we have talked with, who who Some of them are at peace.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: We're at peace when I reached him. Actually, some of our team members on Team AL were friends and family, high school friends. Along list of people. I'll give you an interest. Aubrey Mint, thirty two years old. I believe it was. I believe she died of a horrific motorcycle accident. Literally was standing next to me and I'm like, Aubrey. So we made her case number nine. I think it was. I said, Aubrey, I said, what are you at peace? So we asked them are you at peace? And what do you need to find peace? And she goes, no, I'm perfectly fine, and I'm like, cave, Then why are you here because usually, like you're saying, we usually think we're dealing with trauma. And she said, I'm here to help, and so she ended up. She helped with children. We have a lot of children's spirits that we help that are just separated and lost, and she helps keep security. She's also part of our security team against the bad spirits.
Speaker 2: What is the mission of your medium team?
Speaker 3: So I ended up boiling it down to the name, find them peace and bring them home, because that ended up being our core mantra. While yes we do hear details of people's demise, our primary goal is not necessarily to solve cases. Now in some cases, we uh well in all cases when we get enough information. I've contacted law enforcement numerous times with what we have now. Jared Bridigan is an interesting case, and we will talk about him when you get timing gets because that will be extensive. He solved his own murder through us. We contacted law enforcement and the widow and everybody and gave him all the information and they actually ended up arresting all the people that we said. We told them how to find them, where to find them, why they did it, and it all ended up we have solid proof of our work.
Speaker 2: You do a great job. What's the difference between a medium and a psychic as far as you're concerned, sure.
Speaker 3: So a psychic is a medium is also psychic, But a psychic is not necessarily a medium. So what I mean by that is a psychic is someone who has an intuitive can pick up past, present, and future. But a medium is someone who can communicate with spirits, on the other side, and our teacher Cindy. The way she describes it as we're all intuitive and sensitive to some degree. All of anybody can play piano, but not everybody can play Mozart, So what she describes it as communicating with the other side is like playing the game of pictionary, charades and telephone. I've since added to that wheel of fortune because with EVPs, I'll pick up three words in a paragraph and try and figure out the whole paragraph based on those three words.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern, and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more