Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is Mick.
Speaker 1: Shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: It is officially Washington Week here at the Star in Frisco. And of course it's a Wednesday. There's gotta be football players on the football field here at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be.
Speaker 3: You gotta be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's going on here.
Speaker 3: Wednesday? And we have we don't have football players on the football field.
Speaker 2: Tell me about it.
Speaker 4: And you don't have a head coach at the podium either.
Speaker 3: Until four forty this afternoon.
Speaker 5: Right, so that will be after practice, long after practice, long after No, the.
Speaker 3: Locker room just wrapped up. Have you been in the locker room? I wasn't scoop.
Speaker 4: How many people talk to.
Speaker 3: A lot of players talking, right, Let's see last Wednesday? Wait, wait, hold on last Wednesday. Yeah, we had awesome Richard's and Tchuma Edoga who talked to the media.
Speaker 4: Well, those are the only ones that camera got in front of. Okay, if you can talk to anybody you.
Speaker 3: Want, Okay, So what about today? Trey Lance, I think he talked last Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Also Juan Ye Thomas Okay, guiding, Uh.
Speaker 4: Brandon Cooks. I don't know if Jordan Lewis talked today or not. He was by his locker. We chit chatted with DeMarcus Lawrence.
Speaker 3: He sounds like you're going down the injury report.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Cooks in a practice today, Okay. And I think he feels like he's ready to go.
Speaker 3: God, I hope, so six games now.
Speaker 4: He said, he's kind of felt like he's been ready.
Speaker 3: We've seen him running a little on the side. He looked like he was running pretty well to me, and he was the coach told me that this they were pointing towards this week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so he feels like he's good to go. I said, how many practices do you need?
Speaker 4: He goes, I'm good to go. So we'll take him at his work.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I saw Brandon Aubery not doing a whole thing with cameras in there, but he was talking with a few people.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Hooker, well he Cooker.
Speaker 4: I didn't I left, I had to go do radio. Talked after me. I have a lot of masters to take care of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what happens when you're a man, dude, That's right, that's what happened.
Speaker 3: So all those people talked anything of note to come out of there.
Speaker 5: I thought this was interesting. Okay, oh turpent talk too.
Speaker 2: Okay, nice boy.
Speaker 4: The fastest man in the.
Speaker 2: World, fastest man in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Over twenty two miles per hour.
Speaker 5: Twenty two point three six sometime. Wow, yeah, fast that torpedo twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: You know what they kind of call that? What's that his turpent time?
Speaker 4: Turpent time leave.
Speaker 3: Miles per hour time.
Speaker 4: We've sort of used that long time.
Speaker 2: We didn't use it that time.
Speaker 4: We use like turpens time, actual time.
Speaker 3: But that's not his time. Actually, forget well, you see what happens.
Speaker 4: You see what.
Speaker 5: Happens on kickoff returns. Right now, they're they're not just kicking it into the end zone. They're kicking it out of the end zone because they know he'll return it, which he had and they've given him the green light to do so. Even the one he brought back I think it was against the Eagles eight yards deep and came out with it, and Fossil basically said we're just looking at this as an offensive play.
Speaker 2: Might as well, right, Yeah, ye chance, we got personnel.
Speaker 4: It's another way to get the ball in the offense.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: How many home games have there been this year? Five which is the same number, and five which is the same number of touchdowns at home? Well, but it's been, so that's why you want to go ahead and get it and make special teams part of your offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good field position. That's the field position game you're play.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: Because his return for a touchdown was on the road, right, that didn't count as a home touchdown. So also I thought this was interesting because I went back and looked at it, the failed fake punt. We were talking to Wanye Thomas and he basically said that he has the right of way to call off anything he sees that's not lining up right. Well, what they did was they had their gunners are the guys to hold up the gunners on the outside, and everybody else was on the line of scrimmage. So I think it was Mechi that made the tackle. He was on the line of scrimmage with his hand down and at the stap at the snap he backed off and so.
Speaker 4: When they saw the original look.
Speaker 5: It's like, oh, if that's the way they're going to play it, if I just run straight down the middle, I'm wide open.
Speaker 3: Do you know why Mechi backed off? Why is that because this team has a propensity to run fake punts? They SnO, Well they did because because I look to see if Anger could have done anything else, like to recognize is what happened when he got the ball in his hands, like getting ready to kick or whatever throw it was too late to kick. They have the look in Atlanta to on the edge.
Speaker 4: I don't think anybody asked him about the Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not asking. Do you remember two weeks ago, remember when it was only we talked about there was one guy out there, and clearly they had enough of a look that they threw the pass and then, as it turned.
Speaker 4: Out, the guy was all over them right right, Bail exactly.
Speaker 3: And so you can't go by what the look that the defense is giving you on that, especially when then you have a propensity to run fake putts and so they're going to they are going to give you a look that will bait you into making.
Speaker 4: That play right right, So maybe you just don't do it.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: So Anger is one for two, completed the pass one for two.
Speaker 3: But his fourth down completion rate.
Speaker 2: Is over to one for.
Speaker 3: No, I mean fourth down conversion rate, conversion the fourth down conversion rate. I said it wrong. Fourth down conversion rate is over too. Yeah, but his completion is fifty percent. But which gets you benched as an NFL quarterback?
Speaker 5: I think I think, on a more serious note, do we have to Uh Fossil was talking about how much Marquise Bell has meant to this team, and uh so they're I think they're calling his injury a dislocation.
Speaker 4: He's got a football doc called it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well he's got a ligament tear, which is usually when you dislocate it, it'll tear something. But he also have has under his.
Speaker 4: Arm close to the bone.
Speaker 5: He's got a fracture too, and he got pretty emotional trying to talk about it.
Speaker 3: Yes, Fossil did.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you guys saw it or not.
Speaker 5: If anybody out there, just go look at his interview on Dallas Cowboys dot com. And he did something that I learned from Jason Garrett. When you're talking about something and you're getting emotional and get a drink of water, and he went down to get his water and kind of tried to compose himself because he thought so much of Bell how he was playing. He said that he was ready. He's got a board in the locker room, a video board, and it has a special teams rankings for the team, like not just tackles, but everything that you do. And he said he was he's leading it and he was ready to set the record since he started that, uh, compiling those stats and that's how well he was playing on special teams. And he just kind of got choked up talking about and losing him and also pointed out and I got it. I think I have to look on the TV copy because when I looked at the replay copy online it cut off. But uh, Leah File and cam Keeman Hall, is that it. When everybody was jostling in there, they were standing guard over Bill to keep people from falling down on top of them, trying to help out their teammate, and uh, he was kind of proud of his his guys the way they were standing up for one of their guys that was down.
Speaker 4: And then he dove to try to make the tackle man reach his arm out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the fear, you know, because a lot of us have done it. That's the fear. Just what happened, like one arm going out on one arm going out like that. I gotta face you out. Yeah, when he got heard of that, I.
Speaker 3: Could, you could tell when he was laying there. And at first I couldn't see the number. I thought it was CJ.
Speaker 2: Goodwin.
Speaker 4: I thought too. I saw the me too. I saw the one. I said, Oh, don't tell.
Speaker 5: Me, it's over shown because we couldn't see. They were all around it.
Speaker 3: And this is the even though this is Marquee Spell's third season in the league out of fam you, of course, I think Nate and Frisco and Frisco, Florida familiarity with that school. Even though this is his third year in the league, this is his first year to be a full time special teams player because last year he became a full time middle linebacker for this team at two hundred and fourteen pounds, and so I was just looked up. He had a last year seventeen games and eight starts, and of course those eight starts came at linebacker. He had six hundred and forty nine snaps on defense, sixty one percent of the defensive snaps on the season, one hundred and thirty six on special teams thirty one percent. So when he was not starting, he was a full time special teams guy last year, but then they took him off special teams because he was getting so many snaps on defense. This year, only thirty four snaps on defense and one hundred and sixty eight on special teams. So he's already got more special teams snaps this year in nine games. And of course inspect.
Speaker 5: And Fossil feels pretty good that at some point, if he gets the opportunity, he'll be a starting safety in this league.
Speaker 2: And I was going to ask you, why did we just demote him? Well, I don't know if you call it goodmotion, but just take him totally off of defense when we have safeties that are having the issues that they're having. And I've spoken of about Donovan Wilson and his uh inability to make plays. I was just wondering if Bell is he not as good as Donovan Wilson. Well, I think in the safety position, and I've.
Speaker 5: Seen some substitutions with him in there for Wilson, even.
Speaker 2: Thomas too, and I'm he moved. He moved well last year, and even though it was in a limited space as a mile linebacker, we've seen him. He came in as a safety and did pretty well. If I'm not if I if I recall.
Speaker 5: Well, he was a highly recruited athlete, and if I.
Speaker 6: Remember the story right, he ended up in Ordered Dane to start, and then there was some goofy stuff happened and he transferred and ended up at FAM.
Speaker 2: You but I think he went through Maryland.
Speaker 4: Or Maryland first injury.
Speaker 2: I think he went to Maryland first. I know there was Maryland before or fairm You.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe it was I got him confused with somebody else, But Bill's going to look it up there.
Speaker 3: I will looking up. I was looking up snapcounts for Hooker and Wilson and they've had ninety five percent of the snaps on defense this season.
Speaker 4: What was his college career?
Speaker 3: Marquise Bell? He grew up in Bridgeton, New Jersey, Bridgeton High School and he who do you think got it right? Mickey? Do you think you got it right?
Speaker 4: Or do you think ever Maryland?
Speaker 3: Because you're looking over my shoulder of media page, he accepted a football scholarship from the University of Maryland, which has no resemblance to Notre Dame. He was suspended entering his freshman season, got that due to a violation of the team's code of conduct.
Speaker 2: Beat somebody up, I think transferred.
Speaker 3: He transferred to Coffeeville Community College for the two thousand in eighteen season. Yes, and then transfer springs. Uh album, Really I went through film.
Speaker 5: That's where Missouri sent people when they couldn't right back exactly?
Speaker 3: Is that where you went to? Where different when you didn't qualify?
Speaker 2: Again? Four years?
Speaker 4: Graduate with internet? Internet?
Speaker 2: You tell them baby, no zoom classes.
Speaker 3: And then he transferred to famis he still doesn't use the internet.
Speaker 4: Because I don't need it. Probably it's all up there. That was the best line of the year.
Speaker 2: By the way, It's like the commercial with the family that refuses to upgrade on.
Speaker 3: The up still got the dial up.
Speaker 2: Right on the treadmill because he's powering the whole house.
Speaker 3: Nicky still got the dial up.
Speaker 4: You hear the right like a meal head and laugh. How many years did you spend in college?
Speaker 2: Did I? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Four four four? Yeah, but it was Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't graduate, so yeah he did.
Speaker 3: You did you go to law school.
Speaker 4: No, I was smart enough not to.
Speaker 3: I was smart enough to graduate in one month from law school, enough to quit, all right. But anyway, uh yeah, and so and one of the things that Fossil did say talking about Marque's bell, he will be back, but it's not going to be so not this year.
Speaker 2: We talked about coaches, you know, getting the most. That's pretty cool actually for him to have those kind of feelings about his player. You talked about Jason Garrett.
Speaker 4: He did that as well with the water. Yeah, that's what That's how I learned it. I can't remember who he was talking about. Was something now he got emotional about something, and he would he would go back.
Speaker 3: I'm sure Lukelfenburg was one yeacause he was asked when Luke passed away, and they're very close to Laufenburg.
Speaker 5: Was so when I had as a matter of fact, I wish I had known it sooner. When I was talking about my parents at their memorial services and the next door neighbor passed away, and I started, and I go, I need I could.
Speaker 2: I'd be spitting in my water. I'd be still crying. I don't think that would work. Yeah, I could see myself trying to do that.
Speaker 4: Anything else about mixed shots today, take the water.
Speaker 3: Or something strong?
Speaker 4: Yes, right, all right, we continue with more mixed shots.
Speaker 3: And it was the line of the year from producers Supreme right.
Speaker 2: He made it like he said, it was like you got we have to tell you that.
Speaker 3: That's right. Yeah, you take them yourself and two against.
Speaker 4: One is bad enough. Free. I think that's a little piling on. So it's not the line of the year unless someone else says.
Speaker 3: It's the line of the year. I will say yourself, Okay, there you go. Now he's crown champion of the line of the year, and Mike Shot continues in them all at.
Speaker 2: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package. Today.
Speaker 7: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I try us. Blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you wincot.
Speaker 2: Kits, it slides with a first.
Speaker 7: Down, investlate your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 8: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yeti dot Com. Check it out today. YETI Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. The four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 1: Demic Shuts.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Nation, hear me and hear me well. Amanda Foster has been named You're a twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan for her dedication to the team and spicing up the game. Vote for Amanda to be named the Ultimate NFL Fan of the Year at NFL dot com Slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 3: Okay, mickey, what else do you have on your legal pad? Because we've got some other things to get into with some news this morning that do we need to point out.
Speaker 4: Well, let's go with the news then, Okay.
Speaker 3: Twenty five modern era players were named as semifinalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of twenty twenty five this morning. And among them is Darren Woodson for the ninth time, and he is a semi finalist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be.
Speaker 3: And by the way, the are you a senior?
Speaker 2: What do they call that?
Speaker 3: It'll be December, it'll be December before your.
Speaker 4: But they just go to three then in December, is that right?
Speaker 3: And those are three that are basically don't say that.
Speaker 4: Red stamped, rubber stamp, say red stamp.
Speaker 2: Remember he was in at that point, didn't it You're not it ain't over.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what.
Speaker 5: It happened to Bob Hayes, and it happened to Cheah rayphil Wright. They made it and then they didn't get rubber stamped at the.
Speaker 2: End, only with Cowboys.
Speaker 5: It was at the Super Bowl only with Cowboys, super Bowl in Houston. They didn't get the eighty percent after they made it to the finals.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, Bob Hayes.
Speaker 2: Well, hell, we had the Tom Jerry into putting Bob Hazy.
Speaker 4: Well, the dude, the dude that was still covering the team or voting, he covered the vikings. Uh Hartman.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he would and vote for Bob Hayes because he said he put his hands in his in his pants during the.
Speaker 2: Everybody has a moment, right, everybody has a moment. You could say, yah, going the basketball Kobe, I didn't even play an entire game. He sat in the corner, pissed off at his team and wouldn't shoot the balls passing back to him. Come on, everybody's got moment.
Speaker 4: He held it against him.
Speaker 2: It's so much you can hold against the player.
Speaker 4: I know. Oh my, I thought he was smart. It's thirteen below. I don't have gloves on. Why where are we going to do it? In my hands?
Speaker 3: So you look at these twenty five semifinalists announced this morning, and Darren Woodson has been a semifinalist now nine times on the list of twenty five. I was running through it to see who else who might have been a semifinalist more times than would he? And I love it, and I well in this current class, in this current semifinalist class. And Hines Ward this is his ninth straight year to be a semifinalist, and I don't see another one with nine or even close to nine.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Fred Taylor's is his sixth time, and there was, Oh, I'm sorry, Tory Holt now eleven times, So Tory Holt is the most times.
Speaker 2: So Toy's not in yet.
Speaker 3: Tory's not in. He has been a semi finalist now eleven times. And then you've got Darren, Darren Woodson and Hines Warde.
Speaker 2: Was that Toy Tory?
Speaker 3: Well ever since twenty fifteen, every year he's been a semi finalist.
Speaker 2: Year together, we didn't make it. I thought maybe he would surely get in.
Speaker 4: What was that as a senior? No, that was your regular the only modern day that I had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, but he had. I guess he had. Al would have been there a couple of times.
Speaker 3: By the way, Richmond Webb, Dallas native, he is a semi finalist offensive lineman for the Dolphins. He's a semifinalist for the first time.
Speaker 2: Hm, you would think that, you know, we we always called a cowboy bias. But I'm surprised with the Hines ward Yeah. You know, being a Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: Steel the whole Steelers teams, they always go the whole organization, right.
Speaker 3: So here are the ones that are semi finalists in their first year of eligibility this year. Luke Keickley, Eli Manning, Darrell Suggs, Earl Thomas, Adam Vinieri and Marshall Yander one two, three, four, five, six of them Thomas Texas safety Seattle.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, man, he's not in.
Speaker 3: What's his first year of eligibility.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: He took a while a time, not yet in, so you're it sounds like you're putting him in in his first year of eligibility.
Speaker 2: I just liked that team, that defense, the way he handled himself. He was the backbone of that.
Speaker 3: So among those you got six of them there? How many? How many of these get in in their first year of eligibility? Give them Eli, Suggs, Earl, Thomas, Vinitary or Yandam. Yeah you're shaking your head, Okay, make them away?
Speaker 2: Yeah what do you think? Yeah? I mean, no offense to them.
Speaker 3: But first first ballot, of course, the talk is going to be about Eli.
Speaker 4: But this is this is first ballot.
Speaker 3: This is our first year of eligibility, so it be first ballot Hall of Famers, modern modern, this is the modern. Yeah, the whole listen is this is modern day. For any of those first ballot Hall of and The thing on Keighley is because it's shortened career. Right, He's clearly going to be a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: But you mean the linebacker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, from Carolina.
Speaker 5: So are any of those guys in the same category as Jerry Rice, Troy Aikman, and At Smith, Yeah, right, I mean.
Speaker 4: Those are first ballots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't say.
Speaker 4: I mean even Michael Irvin wasn't in first ballot.
Speaker 2: The marks where was not so, the Whear wasn't so.
Speaker 3: No, And Suggs was a seven time Pro Bowler, Defensive Player of the Year in twenty eleven, two time Super Bowl champion.
Speaker 5: He was the only one in that group that I would have said maybe yes, because he distinguished in.
Speaker 3: Himself over a lengthy career. Yeah, I mean from three through nineteen.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 4: I mean I remember when he came out.
Speaker 3: My answer, so Suggs.
Speaker 4: He I remember when he came out.
Speaker 5: First, Arizona was he he was considered two small right, Arizona State, Yes, that's what. But he went No, he played with the I thought it was.
Speaker 4: He played with the Cardinals. No, did he go straight to.
Speaker 3: He's from Arizona State and went straight He did play with the Cardinals late in twenty nineteen, but in his last season he split between the Cardinals and the Chiefs. But for sixteen seasons in Baltimore, Valde Ravens and I would say that's pretty good defensive.
Speaker 5: Because he came out as an undersized defensive end, like right, oh, all he can do is rush the passer.
Speaker 4: Well, he ended up pretty helps.
Speaker 3: Okay, defensive end. So while we're at this, all right, here's Keikley. I said, Suggs was a seven time Pro Bowler. Keickley was a seven time Pro bowler. Said Suggs was a defensive player of the Year. Keickley was a defensive Player of the Year in twenty thirteen. He was five time first team All Row and of course no Super Bowl championship. They made it to the Super.
Speaker 2: Bowl one year.
Speaker 3: So and his career was only eight seasons. So think about Sugg's career twice as long as Keighley now. And for Keikley, I mean had concussion issues he had to retire, and but still it's still that eight years as opposed to sixteen seventeen years.
Speaker 2: I don't remember enhancing, no enhancements.
Speaker 3: Now he played this past decade not not doing so, so none of it. No one's done that here lately, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no one. They just they make them weather. Now, that's what it is. That's right.
Speaker 5: As Nate would say, taglerbou created his career because back then all those guys were artificially getting big.
Speaker 4: Okay, Nate was just big, Nate, I mean six times.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, six time pro bowler.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, bro, I just because I know the dude that has none to do.
Speaker 4: It's not much less than seven, right, crazy man.
Speaker 2: I made three three, three super Bowls and and blocked four the.
Speaker 3: All time leading all the time leader.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, let me get You're supposed to carry people with you. I mean, the running back is supposed to be like, Okay, these guys come with me. Eric, you know, uh, Nate, you know these guys.
Speaker 3: So far it's just Larry Allen, who wasn't on the first Super Bowl teams now first two yep. So while we're at it, Eli, man, and this is the one that will get all the talk. Yes, and so he's obviously a two time Super Bowl champion, two times Super Bowl MVP, Walter Payton, NFL Man of the Year, four time Pro bowler.
Speaker 2: That's a tough one.
Speaker 5: I think there's too many people out there that didn't like him.
Speaker 4: Not like him, like him, like him as a player.
Speaker 2: I think it was there are times of his inconsistency. Eli's legacy to me is coming up big in the big games. I never really knew what his numbers added up to. Of course you can't. You can't deny. And also you can add to it the fact that he beat probably the greatest team in history in the New England Patriots.
Speaker 4: Was that the catch on the helmet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the catch on the hill with tree, undefeated team coming in and hell did they barely? Did they beat us to get there? Right? The Giants?
Speaker 4: Was that the old seven one?
Speaker 2: I think it was?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: It was yes? Yeah, right, they were like nine and seven.
Speaker 3: That Ye was cowbo.
Speaker 5: It wasn't Terri Owens not able to run from a high ankle.
Speaker 2: Spring or missing the ball, Yeah, miss the quick slant, none of that.
Speaker 5: Okay, Cowboys just wanted to run the ball instead of throwing it.
Speaker 3: So in the context of first obviously Eli Manning is going to get in, But in the terms of first ballot Hall of Famer, he ranks eleventh all time in career passing yards with fifty seven thousand, eleventh all time, with three hundred and sixty six passing touchdowns, seventh all time in passer rating, which is you just it favors the more modern players over the Roger Stabox of the world, Terry Bradshaws. Uh, any other set you like anyway? So is that first ballot Hall of Fame?
Speaker 4: I still say no. I'm with you on the consistency.
Speaker 3: You'd say yes if he hadn't written his name on the locker room at AT and T Stadium, Right, he did that after the first game, first game because the Giants won.
Speaker 5: He christened the stadium with the loss.
Speaker 3: Well, his look, the look on his face, will not keep him out as the first ballot Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: Well, that's.
Speaker 3: That's the big negative. He looked confused all the time.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, that wasn't His demeanor didn't help. I must admit that because you bring up his numbers, good numbers, eleven, Come on, good numbers, man, those are good numbers.
Speaker 3: What do you think Gary Myers are doing? He's a voting him in versus ballot. Now, okay, Gary Myers just needs to He's got bigger work.
Speaker 2: He's got.
Speaker 3: And that's going to be in December.
Speaker 2: Let's see that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, we continue with more mix shots in a moment.
Speaker 8: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 4: But with that Texas.
Speaker 8: Heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get him with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Hey, cowboy boy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Scott slides with the first.
Speaker 7: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie and crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: Perfect throw My goodness, Wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package. Today.
Speaker 10: Cowboys Football Miller Lyte, What a pairing can cracks?
Speaker 2: A kickoff tailgates.
Speaker 10: Going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Briskey and the Smoker. Miller Lyte and the Creek, America's team playing.
Speaker 3: America's greatest sport.
Speaker 10: Miller Lyte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, fort Worth, Texas to vict.
Speaker 11: Shuts Santa at the Star capture a frameworthy family holiday photo with Santa at the Star, presented by Monument Realty.
Speaker 2: Santa will be spreading holiday cheer at this cowboys themed cottage in the Star District from November twenty second through December twenty fourth. For more information and to book your visit, to the Star District dot com slash Santa.
Speaker 4: I'm bringing a Santa hat in so when he has to read that, he's going to wear.
Speaker 2: This, I like that. That's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was looking at it.
Speaker 4: I was looking at his hat.
Speaker 2: Your friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that your friend doing. Yeah, I gave away the cap. I gave it to my son in law. Yeah, that's good stuff.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: That was.
Speaker 3: By the way, on the Hall of Fame talk, we mentioned DeMarcus ware was second year of eligibility he got in and DeMarcus had one hundred and thirty eight and a half sacks in his career. Suggs one hundred and thirty nine sacks in his career, So it'll be interesting to see if Suggs gets in on the first ballot. Still, and guys, on one other note, and we'll talk RV if you want. ELI also twelfth all time and interceptions I mentioned he was eleventh all time in passing touchdowns and yards, twelfth in interceptions. Yes, we love the beautiful.
Speaker 2: Harvey are beautiful, you'd be didn't they take away two of his sacks?
Speaker 3: Well they didn't. It didn't become an official stat until nineteen eighty one and so.
Speaker 4: So he had three years there without no two eighty two and so, but official, so.
Speaker 5: He only had what two years those last two years didn't count or no all of them, but the last two years.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Now, the Cowboys went back and they credited him, right, Oh did they?
Speaker 5: Well that that that group out of was it Pittsburgh? So they redid all the all the sacks for guy's careers that didn't count, and.
Speaker 3: So on Pro Football Reference they've got Harvey with one hundred and fourteen sacks.
Speaker 4: Right, So they they took those guys research they.
Speaker 3: Did, Yeah, including a twenty sax season in nineteen seventy seven when he was the defensive player of the year. So we're talking about defensive players of the Year for the NFL WIV, We're talking about that with Keith Lee, We're talking about that with Sugs and considering them to be first ballot Hall of famers. Well, we've got one in our midst here with the Cowboys, who is a Defensive Player of the Year in nineteen seventy seven with twenty sacks and he's not even mentioned.
Speaker 2: Not even mentioned. That's crazy. And I talked to some media, even Mayas, about guys that are getting screwed, you know, in regards to being nominated, and I'd mentioned Harvey Marden to him and he just blew it off, just like, oh no.
Speaker 3: No, And it's twenty sacks in a fourteen game season two.
Speaker 2: Wow, I didn't know that in seventy seven.
Speaker 3: I didn't go to sixteen games.
Speaker 2: So well, do you mean just no know what?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 2: What is the deal? You know? So you know, you never know what these reporters are thinking. You guys are crazy.
Speaker 4: Let's just make it that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just keep it that way. Harvey Martin, that was my man from Dallas, Texas too.
Speaker 3: Man south Old Cliff, south Old Cliff.
Speaker 2: He was the beautiful Harby mud he was things were really going well.
Speaker 4: For East Texas State, East Texas.
Speaker 2: State University and that was that the Texas A and m Commerce.
Speaker 3: Yep, yeah, okay, okay, what else we're trying to delay talking about this team as much as possible.
Speaker 2: You know what I brought the wrong Yeah, well it's okay, we don't want to talk everybody.
Speaker 5: Everybody was asking the questions about Washington.
Speaker 4: You know, how much did they look differently or whatever? The seven wins they all against losing teams.
Speaker 2: That's true, so true, that is so true. I knew that.
Speaker 5: So they got you know, and and like I continue to say, the Cowboys are still paying the price for winning the NFC East without going on in the playoffs because of that, But now they're paying the price for the first place schedule Washington has. I think the best team they played a record wise is Cincinnati now at four and six, But I think they were under They hadn't won a game when they faced them the second or third week of the season.
Speaker 3: It was third week of the season. They beat Cincinnati thirty eight thirty.
Speaker 2: Three, So.
Speaker 4: They're taking advantage. What looks different about Washington, Well, sometimes it's who you play makes it look different. Now they're playing well and they're beating the teams they should be, right, yep, just like the cow Now everybody's saying, well, Jade and Daniels coming back to Earth well, the two losses played against good teams.
Speaker 2: Yes, and he's still just a rookie.
Speaker 5: And he's and he's a rookie, but he's playing awfully well. But again, you know I heard the talk about, well, yeah, they turned the whole thing around because now they've got a new owner and a new coach.
Speaker 4: And it's like, okay, that's that's good and they needed it.
Speaker 5: But again, sometimes it comes down to who you get to play.
Speaker 4: There are four losses.
Speaker 5: They've beaten the Giants twice, so that's two teams at two and eight.
Speaker 4: Do you have their schedule there? No, I got it right here.
Speaker 3: Well, and then I was looking at the Cowboys schedule. So the Cowboys have done something the Commanders have not done this year. They have beaten the winning team Pittsburgh. Of course they did have.
Speaker 2: Right, Hey, that Pittsburgh team can win with anybody at quarterback. I'm sorry, even the Cowboys. Well, they couldn't do it in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: All right, And you look at the Cowboys. How many games have the Cowboys lost to a team with a losing record?
Speaker 5: New Orleans got six losses to teams that I think three or four are in first place.
Speaker 3: I mean we said, we said at the beginning of the season, this was the stretch of games. Basically I had it starting with Detroit, but really it started with Pittsburgh, which happened to be a win on the last play of the game. But this is a stretch. Detroit, San Francisco's now a five hundred team. By the way, Yes, at Detroit, San Francisco, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Houston, and now Washington six game stretch and sure enough.
Speaker 4: Houston lost five in a row.
Speaker 5: Houston's and first place, Atlanta's in first place, first place.
Speaker 3: Yeah wow, yeh Troit Division.
Speaker 5: Detroit's in first place, Philadelphia, Philadelphia is in first place.
Speaker 3: There's four I thought, and Baltimore is in second. And they beat Pittsburgh, which is a first place team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I forgot about that.
Speaker 3: So and they in San Francisco. Was I think they were in the Super Bowl?
Speaker 4: I think so?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so yeah, So you know, everybody's path is differently, and the Cowboys haven't handled theirs. Well, Washington's done what they needed to do and that's been the difference.
Speaker 3: So what would the Cowboys record be over a five game stretch the last five weeks if they were playing the Giants Carrol. Okay, Okay, let's go through this play. Let's do Washington's schedule the last five weeks and what the Cowboys record would be if they had played that schedule. Okay, So starting with their last game against Philadelphia, that would have been a loss. They played Pittsburgh, but the Cowboys wouldn't have had their starting quarterback, so we'll put that down as an l Okay, Okay.
Speaker 4: Oh and two Giants beat them.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll find out next week.
Speaker 4: And then again, but they don't have their quarterback.
Speaker 3: So that's one and two.
Speaker 4: Chicago they won on a hail Mary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you think?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 3: Well, it was on when did Dak get hurt? It was October twenty seventh. That was the same. So would they have beaten Chicago if Dak got hurt in the third quarter of that game? No, because they wouldn't have had a quarterback to thrill the hell Mary at the end of game. So, and then Carolina was before that.
Speaker 4: Did you know there are a couple of wins that the Cowboys could have had. Do you know that Jerry Jones has no desire to start Trey Lance this season?
Speaker 2: Did you ever say that?
Speaker 3: And they're talking about it on the NFL network right now.
Speaker 4: I don't think I've heard him say that.
Speaker 2: I have not heard him say we are such a non entity right now. Why are they worried about it?
Speaker 3: They gotta have something about the Cowboys to talk about.
Speaker 2: The Jets just fired their entire team and you know, you.
Speaker 4: Mean they had a general manager that was no good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, man, this is crazy. It's so boring talking about the Cowboys. If you're not a Cowboy fan, why are you even talking about us right now? We're not doing anything.
Speaker 3: We're not doing over your minding our own.
Speaker 2: Mind, own business man, sitting in the corner, just chilling. We're in the dark.
Speaker 4: I wonder what they're talking about now.
Speaker 5: It says do you have beef with this type of regular season stat?
Speaker 4: They don't say what the stat. I guess you would have to listen to.
Speaker 2: I hope it has nothing to do with us.
Speaker 4: So anyway, I just thought i'd throw that out.
Speaker 5: Washington's schedule and how about this, When did Washington last play.
Speaker 4: Thursday Thursday night? When the Cowboys last play Monday?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, there's a big difference.
Speaker 4: And they got to travel.
Speaker 5: Do you think that just kind of they said, Oh, the Cowboys won a division, We'll make this a little more difficult on them at this point.
Speaker 2: Of the season.
Speaker 3: Have you gone back and looked at who had buyes the week before they played the Cowboys? I think San Franci, San Francisco, did Detroit, did Detroit. Maybe imagine how those games would have turned out if they had.
Speaker 4: Extra week to prepare.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying a word Detroit. I am not saying how about that?
Speaker 3: When have you seen a team put a like on a regular basis? Cowboys beating them fifty two to ten, beating teams fifty two to six.
Speaker 2: We were rolling. We were rolling like that too, at one point, blowing people that would put forth them on the That's right, Yeah, come on, all those plus on on the Redskins. I'm sorry, Commanders and Eagle. No, come on, that wasn't that longo. It wasn't. Look it up.
Speaker 3: Well, it was either last year or the year before last year.
Speaker 4: Remember they led the league in scoring last year twenty nine point.
Speaker 3: This is what the year you're talking about, though, really is twenty twenty two. When the Cowboys, in the second half of the season beat Chicago. This is wonderful for us to just think about it.
Speaker 2: This time. It was so nice. I beat there, so arrogant back then, why don't we.
Speaker 3: Beat the Bears forty nine twenty nine? I forget the loss at Green Bay. Beat Minnesota forty to three with Cooper rushing Rooper, No, Cooper wouldn't.
Speaker 2: No, no, that was dropped the dime to uh, what's the running polot?
Speaker 3: And then Giants twenty eight to twenty, beat Indianapolis fifty four to nineteen Houston and then beat jackson No lost to Jacksonville over time four they scored thirty four Willie forty to thirty.
Speaker 2: Four Brown like you can't see.
Speaker 3: But to your point, Mickey, how about last year too? Just a year ago the Cowboys were beating the Rams forty three to twenty, come the Giants forty nine to seventeen, Carolina thirty three to ten, Washington forty five to ten, Seattle forty one, thirty five, beat Washington in the last game of the season thirty eight to ten, put up thirty two on Green Bay in the wild card game.
Speaker 2: Not so much, Hey so Detroit that okay, we were doing all of it. We were doing all of this.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think we've we killed it. We killed an hour forty nine minutes anyway, really, uh huh, I have to go to fifty K.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they don't have enough to talk about. Listening to holiday music before Thanksgiving is manic, manic.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what. The reason that they can't put a show together very well is because they don't have producers. Supreme.
Speaker 4: There the best of the year, of the year, best best hour.
Speaker 2: From the from the from the booth.
Speaker 3: All right, Uh he did it from the top rope. As a matter of fact.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: All right, And we'll be back and we'll really break down these Washington commanders tomorrow because it's ever since last day of the week. Here on Mixed Shots tomorrow.
Speaker 2: At High New Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.