Speaker 1: Well, can you kind of take us through with what happened against Seattle and just what what's been going on off the shoulder.
Speaker 2: It was just throughout the game and all that kind of stuff. I'm not really sure when or what, but with where I'm at now, I feel good. So going into this game, I'm excited to be able to play.
Speaker 1: So when did you turn the corner?
Speaker 3: You thought we were out there earlier in the week. It looks like you weren't doing much, and all of a sudden today you were Was it yesterday or what?
Speaker 2: Uh? I mean yeah, just throughout the week and stuff, the different things that we did in terms of like a throwing program. I started feeling good. What was that our Thanksgiving yesterday? So like that's when I practiced and felt good about it. So and then today I felt really good at practice too.
Speaker 1: So was there to go.
Speaker 4: Back for a second in I was like we missed up there? I mean last week there's some are having some natural concernive like is this serious?
Speaker 1: What's going on here?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean anytime you go through injury and stuff like that, you want to know what's going on with your body and what you know, how long something could be or something serious or not if you're healthy or not. So all those things definitely ran through my mind. And but I'm glad everything was clean within the MRI, and uh, knowing that we had a plan to get ready for this week and I'm ready to go now.
Speaker 1: So yesterday practice reable to make all the throws.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: That it's got to be a relief. I mean, when the conditions win that you might have to deal with in Buffalo's is how important is it for you to have full arm strength ready to go.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure, if I'm out there playing, which is the plan, then I'll be able to make every throw that we have drawn up. So I wouldn't go out there playing, you know, not one hundred percent. Like I want to go out there feeling really good and have the confidence to make every throw. So that's the plan.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 3: I think what fortyty eight games in college, I don't know if you ever missed a game and then here you played, including playoffs, I think thirty seven in a row.
Speaker 1: What was it like to not be preparing to play for a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was, you know, it was tough going into the week. I had the mindset of I'm gonna see how I feel and and I want to play, And then obviously I wasn't able to and and wasn't ready. So for me mentally, it was like, all right, this is different. It's new because I've always been able to find a way come game time to to be ready to play for my guys, both in college and the NFL. So last week was definitely new, you know, going into it knowing that I can't play, and and then obviously supporting Brandon and getting him ready and stuff. It was all new. So but I'm glad, we're we're moved on. We're healthy and ready for this one.
Speaker 5: The last time that you were not able to start.
Speaker 2: Up yeah, uh maybe my junior year of high school the first three games due to mono, So I think that was the first time. Last year against the Rams, we just said at me or whatever, health, we like to stay healthy going into the playoffs. But the last time I missed because of you know, I couldn't go, I was yeah, high school.
Speaker 1: So did you have an opportunity to kind of just take a step back and take a view of just how the season has gone, because you know, once the season starts, years just grinding getting ready for the next opponent. Did you afford yourself that opportunity at all to just kind of see where things can go here for the final six games?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, last week just you know, sitting on the sideline against Green Bay and stuff with you know, towards the end of the game, it was like, all right, you know, this is where we're at, and uh, you know what it's going to take moving forward, and how we have to look at it, you know, one day at a time. So for me, it was just a good reflection just how hard the NFL is. You know, a lot of games have come down to the last couple of possessions fourth quarter, and you know, it can either go one way or another, and so we've experienced both this year, and you can't take anything for granted. So started thinking about those kinds of things, and and uh, you know, more than anything, it's like you can't look too far ahead in the future. Still we have, you know, six games to play and and all all of our wants and desires and opportunity lies right in front of us, and so it's up to us. So it's really just you know, what I started reflecting on and where I was trying to get my mind at So you dove.
Speaker 5: For the touchdown against the Seahawks, and I think your dad is sitting the path at that's sort of your your calling cards, something that you've done your whole life. Do you have to sort of rethink that moving forward those types of plays? Uh?
Speaker 2: No, I mean, obviously I want to be smart and you know, when you're diving at the pylon, be smart with the ball and not having to get hit out and be a touch back or a turnover anything like that. But you know that's part of my game of you know, being able to move around and do what it takes to get in the end zone. And I've done that, you know, high school, college and the NFL. So yeah, obviously, be smart, protect myself kind of thing. But you know it's my competitive nature. I want to make it happen if I can so, and being smart about it.
Speaker 3: So go play. A team is daunting as Buffalo without the left side of your starting offensive line. How do you process that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, obviously you'd love to have your guys that are starting play, but I mean that's the NFL, and I have all the trust in the world and the guys that you know we have behind our starters, and so uh Jayalen Moore I think has done a great job coming in. And then Ben Bartch. We know he's had history of playing as a starter in the NFL, So you know that's that's part of the part of the game. Guys get banged up, guys get thrown in. But with the unit that we've had, I think we've had guys that have a lot of reps and trusting them for sure. So it's got to go out and compete and get it done.
Speaker 4: Similar question, but not when you're not diving for a touchdown where there were against the Hawks and they were intences some decent.
Speaker 3: Heads maybe you know, second and eighteen.
Speaker 4: In the game four, I mean, are those things that you have to Like I realized you're drilling's going your competitive but like you have to if you rethink those type of situations.
Speaker 2: For sure, you know it's a long game, it's four quarters, it's a long season, and so you know when it's second and eighteen, just like you said, instead of you know, getting a game of four and lowering your shoulders and trying to get everything you get and being a competitor, I mean, I think it just comes down to the situation and being smart, not only just protecting myself but for my team, you know, like I want to be available to play and compete for my team and my guys around me. So definitely got to think about all of those things and uh, just be smart. You know, how can I check the ball down, get the ball into a tight end or receiver's hands, running backs hands as a checkdown. Definitely got to think about those things. So it's the NFL and and uh, you know, I have to learn, you know, as we go, and to be smart and protect my body for sure. Thanks you guys,