Speaker 1: Scrubbing in with Tilly and Tanya rap An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello, everybody, we are scrubbing.
Speaker 1: In Baca Tilly in the house. Can I hear amen?
Speaker 3: Amen?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Honestly so impressed by that.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Just everyone had this blank stere confusion but clapped to the beach.
Speaker 1: I know, I appreciate that nobody knew was going on, and everybody just chimed in like yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is how we do around here, Team effort two four seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how's it going?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good?
Speaker 1: How about you?
Speaker 2: Are you so genuine? No?
Speaker 1: Not really, You're not gonna live. And so this this period really hit me hard. I'm not sure why. I'm going to attribute it to the heat outside, because it's very hot out. But I've been like a raging psycho the past twenty four hours. Really, yeah, like emotionally unstable, like crampy, miserable, all the things.
Speaker 2: Wait, so when you said you cried four times all time?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Was that from emotional or from physical pain?
Speaker 1: Probably a little bit bit of both.
Speaker 2: Oh, because I was saying I was imagining emotional, so I didn't go emotional.
Speaker 3: But yeah, oh well yeah, the physical pain can make you more emotional to begin you're always on the edge. Yeah, it's it's easy to push you over the edge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. I was pushed over and pushed over and launched over.
Speaker 4: And here's my question though, Yeah, I don't know anyone who is more aware of their cycle or sinking and eating right. If you can't master it, then is there any hope for all of it?
Speaker 2: Any of us?
Speaker 1: So it has to be the So we're in the middle of like a gnarly heat wave in Los Angeles, and it has to be that because there's something very off about this period than I've had ever in the past.
Speaker 4: And the crazy part is it aligned with your engagement anniversary I know, I know, which is tomorrow a year.
Speaker 1: I know, and I like had this whole thing. I had a surprise plan for Robbie that could potentially be going down the pole right now. So it's going to be a very contense twenty four hours trying to figure that out.
Speaker 2: Why is it going to go down the bleep pole?
Speaker 1: Oh, backup beliefs herself because I made arrangements with someone for something that Friday was their last day there. So yeah, I'm not sure if that message got related. I'm hoping that it did. But yeah, I'm just gonna have to figure all that out a little bit later on today.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean it feels very Becca of you to like not have something figured out the day before. Yeah, it's an adournaline rush. Yeah, that's what you call it.
Speaker 2: What else do you call it?
Speaker 1: Stress? Panic?
Speaker 4: I know, but like that doesn't help the like energy for you to get it done.
Speaker 2: So she just called it an adrenaline rush. It's like, let's get let's get it done to a race. You're on the amazing race.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So so that's.
Speaker 1: A little bit about me. How about how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good, I'm Yesterday.
Speaker 4: I slept so much all weekend. I slept so much. It was amazing because Okay, last week I think I talk about I hurt my back somehow. I don't know what I did, but I wasn't sleeping well.
Speaker 2: Last or you went to the acupuncture. I got acupuncture.
Speaker 4: But anyways, I didn't sleep a lot over the week, and then Laura came in town. So we were like, you know, when I have guests, especially if they're from in from central time zone, early up.
Speaker 2: And at them, so I have to be up more up and at them.
Speaker 1: What time are they up?
Speaker 2: I don't She.
Speaker 4: Probably woke up way earlier than I even thought about getting up.
Speaker 2: But she's very much like, don't even you know, she's chill.
Speaker 4: I don't worry about her at all. But I didn't want to be rude. So I was up at like seven thirty eight. Tough, tough, but these were like late night, like we were also staying up late, you know, So it was just and we were going in the heat.
Speaker 2: I was dying.
Speaker 4: I was like, I'm sorry that you tried to escape Louisiana heat and ended up in this oven. Yeah, litteral oven. But it was so fun having her in town. He came by just absolute chaos.
Speaker 2: Donja brings. Tanya's like, I would love to see Laura.
Speaker 4: I really, I really appreciated your respectful text because she said I would really love to see Laura.
Speaker 2: If it's not an imposition, I was like.
Speaker 4: Wow, she's so like on her boundary, on her boundary game groove.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's my era. I'm respecting people's boundaries.
Speaker 2: It feels does it feel good?
Speaker 1: No, it feels good to you, then it feels good to me. It feels good. Well, it feels good to you, feels good to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't believe that, but I do appreciate it.
Speaker 4: So you came over with some on Friday, which was Laura's birthday, and Laura was on the edge of the couch like I have a pretty long couch and she couldn't have been further at the end, and Tanya grabs Sonny and sits directly next to Laura and starts singing a song that's not a birthday song.
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 1: It's a Celine Dion Christmas song, but it's called Another Year Has Gone By, And so I always feel like it's like a birthday song because it's like another year has gone by so many twenty fifth of December.
Speaker 2: Oh well, that makes it just as manny fourth of July.
Speaker 1: Oh whoa pulling together?
Speaker 5: M hm.
Speaker 2: So she was singing that right next to Laura, and Laura's just like has a sunny's pall. She's like trying not to make eye contact. Tanya's like staring her down, trying to make eye contact, and then Laura's.
Speaker 4: Just like, oh wow, wow the cadence of the wow it sound like Owen Wilson.
Speaker 2: Wow. Oh wow.
Speaker 1: It was so funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So for those who don't know, Laura is my best friend from high school from freshman year of high school. We met because, well we became friends because she couldn't get her locker open and I helped her get a locker, her locker unlocked.
Speaker 1: Becca's always there to sweeping and help you, and.
Speaker 4: We've been friends ever since. And she's actually the person who nominated me to go on the Bachelor. So I'm basically here right now talking to all because.
Speaker 5: Of Laura.
Speaker 2: On the podcast. But what we should have had a lot, but the timing wasn't You could have made it work.
Speaker 1: I mean she was here for how many days?
Speaker 2: Three or four? Two?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Like she flew on Wednesday, left Saturday. It was pretty pretty quick.
Speaker 1: Well there's like Thursday and Friday in there. I'm just saying for next time, next time. But uh, Laura has this very calming energy, and I remember what I left. I was thinking about it when I left your house. I was like, god like to be in her head for a day, it must be just like meadows.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like most people give you a sense of calm or no? Oh really no, you feel like not like Laura. I know, maybe it's like the la of it all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I feel no sense of calmness like on a daily basis.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm not saying you feel sense of calm.
Speaker 1: The a round people that I'm around constantly, Like no, okay, no, Robbie doesn't. Yeah, Robbie, Robbie is pretty calm. Robbie definitely is very calm, which is good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very neat. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially yesterday, Boy was he.
Speaker 2: Needed what happened? I need to know?
Speaker 1: I just had when I tell you, emotional breakdown, emotional breakdown.
Speaker 2: Period, emotional breakdowns, because in hindsight they always feel like crazy, like when you look back and you go, oh, yeah, that was my period. That was hormonal.
Speaker 1: My god, I mean it was all. Uh yesterday was I think. I'm uh, it's this weird thing that's happening to me with this wedding because you can't really like get a dress or like do anything until you have like your date in your venue. And it's so it's been so hard for us to lock the date in the venue that I've been trying to. I'm like doing stuff backwards and I'm kind of screwing myself up, and so things are just kind of falling to the ground and I'm just like literally losing it piece by piece.
Speaker 2: I think you can get your dress. I think you should get your dress.
Speaker 1: Well yes, So now my last piece of breakdown was I don't think I can get my dress in time. Yeah I know, big one, aaz.
Speaker 3: You're handling that very well. By the way.
Speaker 2: No, well I don't think she did yesterday.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, this is new and I will have them crying. I will fully cry and have a breakdown after this is done.
Speaker 2: But I don't think you need to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're fine, You're fine, You're gonna have a dress. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh stressful, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: I mean people say it's literally a second job, wedding planning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you have like four jobs, so it's like your fifth job. Oh my gosh. But it's like you go through all the things. Everyone's like just a lope, just a lope. And I'm like, I know that I'll be sad if I elope, Like, I know, I'll regret it, you know, like in the moment, it sounds so nice, but I'm like, i know I'll regret it if we do. You want a wedding, But I definitely went down the down the Elope train yesterday and Rob it was just like, Okay, it's my job. I just want to fulfill like what you want, if that's what you want. And then I was like, but I know that's what I want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything's gonna be great.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be great.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be great.
Speaker 4: I think it's gonna be a like boom boom boom once you lock things in, like it's gonna be one thing gets you know, it's like because.
Speaker 2: Really all of it's kind of tied together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's just once you make a few of those decisions and get it locked in, it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Like smooth sailing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like just crystal clear waters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like those invisible waters that have it's like a lake. Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Actually I was listening to this podcast by these two Sammy's who one of them got married and one of them's like about to get married, and they were like talking about all this in depth stuff and I would love to have them on our podcast just to like do a deep dive.
Speaker 2: Let's do is it? Sam and Clark?
Speaker 1: Sammy Clark is one of them, and Sam I don't know her last name. Is the other one, but yeah, it's like two Sam's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think there's a lot of people that would love advice or even just encouragement.
Speaker 1: And they's also just like hearing different people's perspectives and what they did. Like one of them went wedding dress shoping totally alone, like just by herself. Yeah, and I thrived in that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I had a friend that I saw on Friday that was like, I kind of want to go wedding dress shopping alone, but I feel guilty about it.
Speaker 4: I think that at least going on this is I think I would want to go alone for the first one, just to know like what I like on my body without getting outside opinions, and then as I keep going, be like, Okay, I know I like this style, and then bring people in and try on those dresses so that then I can get opinions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like the opinions.
Speaker 5: I know you do.
Speaker 2: You like the sisterhood of it all?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, do I Nothing makes me happier?
Speaker 4: Well, football began this weekend, which is where you are a semi single woman on the weekends.
Speaker 1: Totally like fully, he just like poses up bye. Yeah, and this week it felt like a lot of days.
Speaker 3: It was Thursday, and it was Friday, and it was all day Sunday. I don't know if he doesn't watched college football. No, that was all day Saturday.
Speaker 1: No, Saturday, we had him.
Speaker 3: Okay, Sunday Sunday he.
Speaker 2: Was gone all day.
Speaker 3: And then tonight, Monday Night football is another one.
Speaker 1: He's going to be gone.
Speaker 3: But you know there's a reason to watch tonight's because we'll fair PayPal commercials is going to be on there, and that's going to be funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw the I saw their wind chime post on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was funny, right, I mean, it was always funny.
Speaker 1: He does not miss does not miss that guy you know who's playing tonight?
Speaker 2: Your your fantasy team?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my boy, Christian McCaffrey, who's on your team this year? Let me pull it up for you.
Speaker 3: Wait, and that's on ESPN. By the way, are you in a league or what is what is the.
Speaker 1: League of her Own?
Speaker 2: Okay, so League of her Own because that's a really good name for your league.
Speaker 3: I thought we were done with this. I thought we weren't doing this weird charade anymore. No, okay, no, no, no, who's on your team?
Speaker 1: Patrick Mahomes strong star my QB.
Speaker 3: It's a strong start, but there's no one else to take Patrick Mahomes, So of course you would have Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: She doesn't win her league. I probably need to join just to just Yeah.
Speaker 3: My w R is Tide Receiver by the way, don't give her anymore?
Speaker 1: Is Tyreek Hill? My w Another w R is Jamar Chase, which is controversial because he's like not signed or something. I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, my r B is it stands for.
Speaker 2: You? Almost? I felt like you were about to say it right back?
Speaker 3: What is this person?
Speaker 1: Running back? My running back? So I have two running backs? One of them is Christian McCaffrey from the forty nine ers exactly. My other one is Isaiah Pachenko.
Speaker 2: What team is he? The Chiefs? Okay?
Speaker 4: My next is, so, did you just find players from the two Super Bowl Super Bowl teams from last year?
Speaker 2: And so?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: So now I have my TEU. It's just travel Tai end. That's Travis Kelcey Kelse Yeah, pretty much just the Chiefs. Flex is Kyn Williams, Mike k Is Young okup.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, what is case, then for you can.
Speaker 1: Do this, there's one position it's football, oh, kicker, and then my deaf is San Francisco forty nine ers defense defense.
Speaker 3: You're deaf?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, sounds like a strong league.
Speaker 3: Very strong team. And we wish you well, thank you.
Speaker 2: I feel good about it.
Speaker 3: What do you play this week?
Speaker 2: I play?
Speaker 1: Uh well myself? Uh huh yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Why won't Robbie just do like a like where y'all do y'all both pick your team and it doesn't have to be an official league?
Speaker 2: Is that too much for him?
Speaker 1: You know, that's a great question for him. He likes to do with the bros.
Speaker 2: I get it, But why can't you do? People are in multiples.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you won't do one with me?
Speaker 2: It feels easy. It feels easy, like I'm challenged to just go ahead and pick a team.
Speaker 4: And I don't know how fantasy football works in terms of points, but I feel like I could learn and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could figured out, and I ask Robbie.
Speaker 3: But also if it was just the two of you would be actually really cute and fun because you wouldn't play for money. You could play for like a fun little bet between the two, like a dirty bet, okay, whatever, and then.
Speaker 2: You're talking about her and Robbie.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was really fun.
Speaker 2: Sure a dirty bet was not really never know, you never know.
Speaker 3: I may be cute. He should do that next year, just a two person league, the two of you, because you would have just as good a chance of winning as he would. Yeah, okay, we'll do.
Speaker 1: That, thank you.
Speaker 4: With football season being back, we have Taylor Taylor and Travis Travis.
Speaker 2: What are the Tavis Tavis all over the place again?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: How are we?
Speaker 2: Are we excited for the return?
Speaker 1: Or people are kind of over it.
Speaker 3: Seems by the way. I mentioned it to my daughter, who's fifteen, I said, Hey, by the way, do you see you know Taylor was at the game last night? She goes, yeah, I don't really care anymore. Yeah, moved on.
Speaker 1: It's so weird. It feels like maybe because it's a new seat, like we were like, oh that was last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it felt so like exciting and new, but we've gotten to see so much of them at him at her show that it felt it feels like, Okay, they're settled in.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know why, but I feel like it's like literally no one cares the season.
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts on his new look?
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: It's a dramatic change in my opinion.
Speaker 2: What does new look?
Speaker 3: He's got a musky, it's kind of got a very Kogan thing going.
Speaker 5: He's had a mussage for a while.
Speaker 1: Well, he's like, yeah, full facial hair, it's.
Speaker 3: Just a mustache and the hair is completely different.
Speaker 5: I feel like he's always had the mustache. I'm losing my mind.
Speaker 3: I'll show you that before and after you can decide.
Speaker 2: Guy, Yeah, I do feel like a mustache ages ages people.
Speaker 3: I think he looks younger with it.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, Yeah, it does give like a little bit of a like a gives like a Burt Reynolds look to me. M you know, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: This is the new the new Travis Kelce apparently, Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: I just that's in my head right now. Isn't the US? I just am seeing him with his bucket head on, so I can't I can't see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, but yeah, I feel like for some reason, the the internet seems to not care this season.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it was just a lot last season, so now people.
Speaker 1: Are like barely showed her that game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was disappointing me too.
Speaker 1: I was only watching for that. I was like, this is all I get.
Speaker 2: She she looked amazing, she looks gorgeous.
Speaker 1: I was so annoyed. So I want to TikTok to look for more videos.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you know what he said, let me find the fan videos. I know where to find this.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly, Yeah, well they they I am curious because the v m as they're coming up on MTV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm curious if they'll do a red carpet debut. Is that the word debut? Red carpet debut?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know she's supposed to announce Reputation Taylor's version at the.
Speaker 4: BA really, because everyone's in saying she's supposed to announce Taylor's version for a minute, NW.
Speaker 1: I know, but this theory is like so accurate because the VMA's is where Kanye West like took over her speed, where where it all began, and reputation is all about Kanye. And it's September eleventh that the that the the VMA's are airing, and then they think she's going to announce on the thirteenth that the album is going to be out because Friday the thirteenth and thirteen, HER's her favorite number.
Speaker 2: So she's not announcing it the VMAs.
Speaker 1: Announcing that the album's coming, and then it's going to come Friday.
Speaker 2: Oh it's goldn't come Friday.
Speaker 1: September thirteenth, this Friday. Wow allegedly spoiler alert.
Speaker 5: Well version Wow.
Speaker 2: There's been a lot of Yeah. Yeah, I think there's been a lot of predictions. I doubt they heard it here first.
Speaker 1: But maybe somebody else, maybe somebody. Yeah, yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing Sabrina, Camilla Cabeo, and Shawn Mendees all performing at the VMA.
Speaker 4: I went on a walk this morning and just listened to her whole album. It's really a no skip album.
Speaker 5: It's good.
Speaker 2: It's really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard it here first.
Speaker 2: I did not know that Sean and Sabrina had a thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was like all the buzz.
Speaker 2: Yeah I missed that buzz.
Speaker 1: I did not I was on top of that buzz. But now I feel like I'm learning a whole other side of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot.
Speaker 4: There's a lot to be uh what's it called when you like dissect something. There's a lot to be discovered, investigated, analyze.
Speaker 2: That's what it was. That's what it was.
Speaker 1: I also went and saw a movie this weekend, and I have like a very hot take on it. What movie Beetlejuice?
Speaker 3: Okay, what's it called?
Speaker 2: Beetlejuice?
Speaker 1: Beetle Juice? So sorry, and we're gonna do when we come back.
Speaker 2: Wow, a tease to leave them with seven years.
Speaker 1: In and I finally figured out how to do it. Yeah, proud of you, Thank you.
Speaker 2: So you saw beetle Juice, beetle Juice.
Speaker 1: Yes, and and so if you're a fan, Wow, if you're a fan of Beetlejuice, you will love Beetle Juice. Beetle Juice, Like it is so good the remake that they did, Like, it's just so well done. Uh true, Tim Burton, I just love it, right, I love it, But I have an issue hot take?
Speaker 2: Is this the hot take?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because I'm over all these movies and all these TV shows making step parents out to be this game. I'm so over it. I'm done with that narrative. It's so old school. Yeah, you're gonna have this conversation with Robbie when we get home. I go because we were just talking about Robbie like loved the movie. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: She was like so like.
Speaker 1: And he goes, I feel like you didn't like it as much and I go, no, I actually really loved the movie. I go, but do you know what I really hate? And he like, I thought he would pick up on it because like, hello, He's like what, And I go the fact that every step parent, like Lydia and her stepmom, there's like that weird narrative and then like she spoiler alert, but there's like another guy in the picture of this season and Jenna Ortega and like the whole stepdad narrative and like, I'm just so over it. Like it's just it's it's tired, it's not accurate. And what's so funny is Robbie goes, well, he's like, maybe stepparents are you know, you're the exception. I was like, I'm not the exception. There's amazing stepparents out there. And I was like, why what are you basing that off of? Because he doesn't really know a lot of stepparents. I guess the movies and the TV shows that I'm watching. I'm like, yes, that's the point, Like it's all bad. It's like pointing stepparents in this, shedding this like negative light on them, when it's like, actually, so the opposite for a lot of people. I'm not saying one hundred percent of stepparents are amazing. I don't think a hundred percent of parents are amazing.
Speaker 5: We need to start feel amazing biology.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, they should be. Like I'm just so tired of it.
Speaker 2: But it makes her such a fun like movie.
Speaker 1: It doesn't.
Speaker 4: It does so it doesn't feels like the plot added dramatic effect.
Speaker 1: It's so annoying, like we have to like it's already a hard thing. I feel like when you're a kid, you know what I mean, like to kind of deal with and navigate. And then when you're a kid and you're watching these people that are older than you and they're like I hate my stepdad and like I hit my stepmom, I'm like, what is that teaching these kids?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean, But did you ever think about this before you were stepparents?
Speaker 1: Never? Yeah, but it's a problem.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, like some people, like myself, I want to go into that even thinking anything about it.
Speaker 1: But clearly all the people who are making movies in Hollywood are like in bio or they had bad or they either had bad stepparents, or they're all in like bionuclear.
Speaker 3: What do you call like word nuclear family.
Speaker 1: Per bionuclear families? And you should call me, call me so that I can give you a step parents.
Speaker 3: But I can see why it's a cliche. I do it right. Kids would't want their parents to be together. I know the interloper in there, but it's.
Speaker 1: Not even that. It's like it's like they suck in their mean and like they're this and it's just.
Speaker 3: Like, uh, the original Cinderella was written in sixteen ninety seven, So you really going to old school on this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sixteen ninety seven, Like we have evolved. Yeah, what's the divorce rate? Fifty percent of people are in like have step parents in their lives, and some people have amazing stepparents. I we just be them.
Speaker 5: Like there's the trip that like jocks are bullies, you know. I feel like we just got to like the jock with the heart of gold. So I'm hoping that because I had a stepparent when I was like thirteen, and I went into it thinking, oh man, she's gonna suck, she's going to be brutal because of all these movies, right, And she was just kind of a person that existed in my life. And it's not the case, you.
Speaker 1: Know, but you didn't like not a review, not quite the raving review person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, just lived with she was she was excellent. But she also wasn't trying to like be my parent or anything like that. She was just like a I looked at it just like this is a person that lives in my house that I get along with very well.
Speaker 2: Well, that's great.
Speaker 1: I mean that's the same step above depicted on the movies.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: I do think in the movies the step parent always tries to step into the role of this like parental figure. And I think what you do very well, and why it's a positive experience is that you step in knowing that they have a mom and that your role is to be this like amazing human in their life.
Speaker 2: That's like a bonus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a playpal, a playpal like someone came out wrong, but like somebody to hang out.
Speaker 3: With, and like it was a thing. I think PayPal has ruined playpals because that used to be a thing. Okay, Okay, by the way, PayPal commercial on ESPN.
Speaker 1: Tonight, Thank you so good, but thank you for saying that back up. But yeah, I'm just I'm just tired of it.
Speaker 4: And uh, well, when you're I'm ready to support you when you write a script that's based on the script man.
Speaker 2: There is a really sweet well have you ever seen the movie Stepmom? No, oh my god, not bad. Well, it's devastating, but it's a beautiful movie.
Speaker 1: I can't handle devastating right now.
Speaker 3: Julie Roberts yes, and Susan.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's so good though.
Speaker 4: But there's this trend on TikTok where people are talking about how their parents fled up or whatever, and then their dad or mom remarried and they talk about how they were working to like them and then it's like picture swipes and talks about how they became like the most important person in their life.
Speaker 2: It's really sweet. So they're positive.
Speaker 1: So TikTok is on the up and up, and the movies and the and the media is on the old school down and down, down and down, so we have to bridge that gap. It was actually interesting. I was talking to this friend of mine in one of my workout classes, and she became a stepmom to her kid when the kid was like super little, like I'm talking like one or something, and so she would be reading these books to her baby that were all about like and mommy and daddy and and you know, grabbed the baby and like walked off into the sunset and she's reading these as the stepmom and and the mom is still in the picture, you know, and she's like, it's so like, it's so sad that there's not like a book that I could read that's like, oh, you know, like there's daddy and the stepmom and like they had Why are you laughing?
Speaker 3: I'm lat I just listening and smiling. You should read it. Yeah, write that book.
Speaker 1: Well, I think this is a while ago, so I imagine that there are books out there like that now because this was I think ten years ago. But but yeah, just that's a little bit about me.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm I'm interested. I'm intrigued that you liked Beatle Juice.
Speaker 1: Beetlejuice, Well, I love the original, and yeah, I just feel like I was freaked out by the original.
Speaker 2: It's so good. I don't like creepy, Like I don't know, I don't like.
Speaker 4: Like I found that while we were in Palm Springs that The Nightmare Before Christmas is one of Tonya's favorite movies.
Speaker 5: Of all times. Yeah, that's a weird one.
Speaker 1: Fat what it's like Christmas and Halloween when.
Speaker 3: I actually I hadn't seen it until you were raving about it here, and really those staff were too. So it's like, you know what, as a family, this Halloween or whatever it is, that's all washed the Night Member before Christmas and it went over four. None of us like that movie.
Speaker 2: Wow, crazy because like a lot of people love it.
Speaker 1: No, I was this is Halloween, the songs Halloween, Halloween, Halloween.
Speaker 5: It's an animation feat.
Speaker 1: Yeh God so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, wow, shock, this movie is like.
Speaker 1: Iconic.
Speaker 5: Well Easton loves everything, but that's a that's like a lot of I have a lot of hate in my heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah he has a lot of hate.
Speaker 2: Heart you really.
Speaker 5: I love name Be for Christmas. The mayor that spins his head around is my favorite. Like, I have so many toys.
Speaker 1: Fifty to fifty split in the studio. We should put up a poll on Instagram saying do you like The Night Before Christmas or do you loathe that's good because it's.
Speaker 3: Usually is it a Halloween movie? Is a Christmas movie? I like the idea of do you like it or not?
Speaker 2: I feel like majority of people like it, Like I always steel very much in the minority on this, so I'm at least happy to have you here. Mark.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's five actually, and Haley watched it and she did not like it.
Speaker 1: She got high.
Speaker 5: I can see that.
Speaker 2: It's very freaked out.
Speaker 5: I can't imagine someone whining to get high after like sinesvia.
Speaker 1: Wow, there's nothing to me that, like, I get more giddy about than watching hocus Pocus and The Night Before Christmas on repeat all month long until Halloween and then starting on the Christmas movies like the Santa Claus and Home Alone.
Speaker 2: And Home Alone.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am preforms number one fan Focus Focus Yeah, yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: Speaking of watching things, I started The Perfect Couple, which is and I finished it.
Speaker 1: Would I like it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is it such an easy binge? It's like it's kind of got like a why I watch like White Lotus but what I love Well, I tried to watch when I had COVID, and I had so much anxiety from the music that I m it made my body ache.
Speaker 5: I don't know to eMusic, I like that.
Speaker 2: So it's so good and so it has like that vibe like murder mystery. You know, someone any murderers.
Speaker 1: In the building.
Speaker 4: I don't watch that, but trying to figure out who did it and you're like getting to know all the characters.
Speaker 3: Sure, only murders is great too, but gosh, I hate the weekly release schedule.
Speaker 2: Oh well, this is a full binge. You can binge six episodes that.
Speaker 5: Then I'll go back to only murders, who will have built up I love the weekly release. Read this mark.
Speaker 3: We used to have to watch shows like this, I know. And that's why we've evolved, Like Tanya's saying, we don't trushtep Mother's anymore and we don't wait for TV shows anymore. I'm like, that was a good episode, and watch another one. There aren't any those, only the episode two.
Speaker 1: They're like September seventeenth. I'm like, oh, I.
Speaker 4: Should watch Chimp Crazy on HBO Max because it was a weekly released but now all episodes are out and it's the same maker of Tiger King, and it's basically Tiger King but with chimpanzees.
Speaker 2: This woman that loves her chimpanzee. It is amazing television.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you something that could be controversial?
Speaker 3: I guess we're another tea?
Speaker 1: Is it time? I'm amazing?
Speaker 2: Now you've said too much. You gotta just go into you just gotta take the chance and roll into it.
Speaker 1: Okay. So I have a controversial take when we get back about Okay, you give us a little bit more than that.
Speaker 2: Nope, okay, Oh wow, such a daz You don't even know what all right? Another riveting tease from before the break were they? Was?
Speaker 1: The first one good?
Speaker 2: Was great?
Speaker 4: The second one could have used some work, just like you could have been like, oh, I have a controversial take about a new show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tell you one. We're back.
Speaker 1: I just don't want to tell the show because I didn't want to give you too much time to think. Okay, have you seen tell Me Lie? Season one? Oh my god? Anybody in here?
Speaker 5: No, I haven't even heard of.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it's popular so popular. Can somebody find out the name of the guy. I know it's Grace Van Patten Jackson Jackson White. So they are like a real life couple now. I don't know if they started dating after the season one was filmed. But season one of Tell Me Lies was so fantastic when I tell you, it was like amazing television. I loved it. I know a lot of people that were like messaging me that we're like obsessed with it. So the season two has been highly anticipated. The first two episodes come out of season two and I'm like bored.
Speaker 2: Oh het when that happens, I.
Speaker 1: Know, I know, and I'm like, I'm so sad because I love season one. So I'm hoping that it ramps up again because I'm thinking, I'm trying to think back on season one. Maybe it was a little slow to start, but I'm a little panicked. Well sometimes, I know, and I've been counting down the days for the show, like Yellow Jackets, I'm counting down for the new season.
Speaker 2: Is it a weekly release?
Speaker 1: They released two and then another one comes, so it's they're not giving me the full binge.
Speaker 2: Oh I see, I see.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's hard.
Speaker 4: The first two episodes, it's like you're getting back into it, but then you know, I have good feeling for episode three.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping that because they chose not to put it all out on a binge, that it does escalate, and that they want to create a lot of buzz before the finale so everybody watches it together. Hmm, that's my theory. But if it stays like this, then I don't know want to make it to the finale.
Speaker 4: Speaking of it's it's well, we're a week out. We haven't talked about it, but and I gave you. I gave you the rundown of what happened on the Bachelorette finale.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was so crazy crazy. I was like that, which wish I would have watched.
Speaker 4: Well the whole season, to be honest, wasn't they did not. I was like justice for Jen because they did not give her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh bad guys.
Speaker 2: But I also felt like there is this sense of having.
Speaker 4: The Bachelorette be like the leader of the show, and there was a sense that she was almost chasing these guys like she was on the Bachelor.
Speaker 2: I don't like, you're in the Bachelorette, let them flock to you, let.
Speaker 4: Them beg for you, you know. But so it was a really bummer even ending. But she's gonna be on Dance.
Speaker 2: With the Stars, so I hope she has a successful second run on the dance Floor.
Speaker 1: Me too. Dancing with the Stars is one of those shows where, like I haven't watched it in like one hundred years, but every time the like the new crop comes out, I get so excited about it, you know.
Speaker 2: Like I'm like Crow, Yeah, the cream of the crop.
Speaker 3: It seems to be a little buzzy again. Like it seemed like it went to Disney Plus and everyone stopped talking about it, But now it seems like there's new season. People are talking about it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm talking about it. There you go here, I am talking about I'm.
Speaker 3: Listening to you talk about it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Who are you excited about this season?
Speaker 1: Tory Spelling?
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh, I can't wait to see Tori Spelling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm excited about Tory Spelling.
Speaker 3: Are you going to go? Eastern and Tory Spelling are like friends in real life.
Speaker 5: I probably shouldn't be saying this on the air, but I found out from a little birdie. I'm expected to go to her trailer instead of equipment and something to.
Speaker 3: Fantastic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's exciting.
Speaker 1: There was one other person I was very excited about, a yeah.
Speaker 5: Personal friend of mine. Oh really, We faced from my.
Speaker 1: Room, Anna Deli and her and her I was gonna say, and her ankle, brace her ankle. Yeah. No, there's one other person that I was like really excited about.
Speaker 2: I'm excited about Riley Arnold and her partner is the guy that won the Olympics on the he's a gymnastics on the pump pump pommel pommel horse her Stephen the doors.
Speaker 1: Really excited.
Speaker 2: Well, no, because there's so I know.
Speaker 4: I follow Riley, so then I and I knew him from the Olympics. I just sant like know his last name. Sorry, guys, sorry for the mispronounce.
Speaker 2: Anyways, there a lot.
Speaker 4: Okay, so he does the pommel horse and there and her last name is Arnold and their team name is Arnold Pommel.
Speaker 2: That makes me want to vote for you'all, just for so.
Speaker 1: Phedra Parks is on this season. And if you know her from Traders, but people know her from the Real Housewives. She was on the Real Housewives, but she was also on Trader season two, and I'm excited to see her. And then weirdly, I'm excited to see Danny Ammondola. No, he was on that Fox show Special Special Forces, so I feel like I really like know him now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's with our girl, Whitney Carson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm like rooting for them.
Speaker 2: And Whitney's back, which is exciting because she took a few seasons off because she has children now.
Speaker 4: But she's like when I watch her, she was I remember watching her. She must have been eighteen or nineteen. That's crazy, and I was so young, but I was like, I was mesmerized by her just watching her dance.
Speaker 2: She was incredible.
Speaker 1: She is incredible.
Speaker 5: So she came in here once. I can't remember what podcast she did. She came in this one. Yeah, she came in and I had plug in her headphones and she was wearing a dress and I like grazed her knee with my fingers and I was mortified. I was so embarrassed, and she didn't react. But every time she comes up, I think about that moment and I have so much shame. Oh no, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: To have her back on. So maybe the controversy.
Speaker 5: What about Alona mar Oh?
Speaker 2: I love her too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: With Alan, I think, see, this is what I'm saying, lu how much time we're spending on Dance with the Stars.
Speaker 1: Let's move on.
Speaker 2: That's something we could all weekly watch and get into and have a discussion.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay, although I did see did you see Juliane Huff and Scooter Braun together?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Anything together together?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, no.
Speaker 1: First of all, it was on People magazine and it was like platonic friends Scooter Brown and Julianne Huff enjoy a coffee and n y C. And I kept saying, like platonic, platonic, platonic and like all having.
Speaker 5: A friendly walk with coffee as they are just for It's just a lot of stuff to watch.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I would make time for dancing with the stars. Plus, I've been burned before by watching Gray's Anatomy when none of you ever watched it.
Speaker 1: Again, I wish you guys could all watch tell Me lies. But you know what, I don't wanna. I don't want to go down that review you gave us for I know, I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: We will be in Chicago this weekend.
Speaker 1: Chico.
Speaker 2: We are going to epic Con.
Speaker 1: You know what Chicago is not Florida?
Speaker 5: Oh continue, what else is Chicago or not?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: The Red Planet, the Big Apple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot happening. I got over stimulated for a second fun though. Yeah, we're going to a fan convention that's epic Con.
Speaker 1: Yes, we are.
Speaker 2: So it's basically like comic Con, but for the fans.
Speaker 1: Of medical medical TV shows, right.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're just medical.
Speaker 1: I think they Okay, here, I know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: The theme is first responders, so there's act We're going to be interviewing actors from shows like Gray's Anatomy, Station nineteen, Law and Order, Chicago PD, et cetera. We're going to host a few Gray's Anatomy panels.
Speaker 3: Nothing makes me happy, then you two freaking out Grays Anatomy actors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well because okay, So some of the people attending are Eric Dane m Steam, Make Steamy in the f l E.
Speaker 5: S H.
Speaker 1: Camilla Luddington, Jason George, Kim Raver who obviously we love, Sarah Drew, who we love. Kate Walsh we've never met before but.
Speaker 2: Had been like she was on the pod. I did an interview with her.
Speaker 1: Oh actually no, I think I was there. Oh yeah, okay, okay, yeah, it was for her crust something with her.
Speaker 2: Eye drops I drop, wow, I can't miss episode really.
Speaker 1: And then last but not least, just a cap shot. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So if you have questions that you want to say, we're gonna have, Like I think it's gonna be short questions and it'll be a lot of us directing the questions to the fans, even though we'll be like chomping at the bit.
Speaker 2: We'll be like, so, anyways, sorry, fans, we have some questions that we needed to ask.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but anyways, if you all have questions that you any burning questions, let us know either in our dms that's scrubbing in pot or email us at scrubbing in iHeartMedia dot com and make them juicy.
Speaker 1: Juicy goosey.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But on that note, that's the end of today's podcast.
Speaker 1: What are we gonna do in shy Town? Shy Town?
Speaker 2: We're kind of busy.
Speaker 3: It's some deep dish pizza.
Speaker 1: What we're not that busy?
Speaker 2: I felt like our schedule had a lot of things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll be there. We're also not super close to shit hogo. Where we're going to be in Rosemont?
Speaker 3: Oh, Rosemont Horizon?
Speaker 5: Is that what you're doing doing at the at a hotel near the airport? Okay, that's right.
Speaker 1: Wait, are we doing a crossover show with's call it what it is, Sam, you'll be talking to Camilla.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't think it's a I don't think it's crossover. I don't think we're doing there.
Speaker 5: So I think.
Speaker 2: We did not get the invite for that one. Mad but maybe this will be the Gay the Bridge.
Speaker 1: This is so good. She's going to be like, we have to.
Speaker 3: Do as a fan of you too. Yeah, she is a bunch of times.
Speaker 1: Yeah she isn't. Actually, when before they started their podcast, remember I told you I went over there and she was like asking me questions and stuff. I was like, you're asking me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean we've been doing this for seven years, guys are it'd be like if we went on set, we'd be asking her how do we act?
Speaker 2: You know? You got to do that? Yeah, well this is our moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is our moment.
Speaker 2: We also need to start get caught up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 3: By the way, speaking of Grace, they have the top three episodes of all time from Jess Jared. Yeah, they're all wrong.
Speaker 1: What did they say?
Speaker 3: They say it's the Shooter episode.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: After the Shooter episode and the season five finale, the infamous John Doe episode, which is a good one.
Speaker 2: I don't I agree. That's not on my top.
Speaker 3: Well, that's a good one, is that? That's the one with they find out later it's George. It's George.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good one, isn't there?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, that's the one Denny dies. No, no, I think that's what that one's called.
Speaker 3: But that's wrong. I'm just saying. The greatest episode of all time is called as We Know It. It is season two episodes of the bomb episode with Kyle Chandler that is the best grace an Adam of all time, where they're trying to get the bomb out of him. It's getting really intense, and then the music starts two.
Speaker 1: Am and then the song makes that episode so does.
Speaker 3: But then it's slow motion and they can bomb out and they're walking on the hall. We got the bomb Out, best episode ever. I don't think I'm a Gray's Anatomy fan of this day if not for that episode sucked me in, And it was really just a clip I saw from that episode that sucked me in for life.
Speaker 5: You stop saying sucked me.
Speaker 2: S U C K E D M E in. The kids learning spelling right now, they're older than that.
Speaker 1: This is just practicing for Wheel Fortune, you know.
Speaker 2: Radio. One thing we're gonna do is plug Pug Punk.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna watch it. Yeah, we need to go to work.
Speaker 3: That would be fun. That would be fun.
Speaker 2: All right, I got it in the podcast. You guys fly, it's time.
Speaker 1: It's not so time, it's time. All right, say goodbye and.
Speaker 4: We'll be back with your next week with all the episodes from Epic Coln.
Speaker 1: So stay tuned from Chicago adjacent.
Speaker 2: From outside of chic
Speaker 1: We love you so much, Love me bye,