Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at adocusla dot com.
Speaker 2: Melissa is on the phone today for our first Date follow up, and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Austin. So in a few minutes, we're gonna call him and see if you'll tell us why he's ghostinger and maybe get her another date. But first, Melissa, how long has it been since you heard from Austin.
Speaker 3: It's been about a week.
Speaker 4: So did you try to reach out to him?
Speaker 3: I have, Yeah, I mean I just kind of distinct him for a wonder full time, and I would love to do it again soon. And I haven't heard of anything. But I thought, you know, our date was really solid, so I'm I'm really surprised.
Speaker 4: Sure, why don't you tell us about the date?
Speaker 3: Sure? Okay, Well, we met on bumble. You know, I was instantly attracted to him, just to set you up, you know, just to know the backstory a little bit before the date, Like, you know, we had talked for a couple of weeks and and you know, we had some really great phone conversations, so like the anticipation to meet in person was like super high. We met at an indoor mini golf arcade place, and we like kissed right away. It was it felt like we were magnets.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I really haven't felt like something like this before. Starts were flying. The date was just super hot and exciting, so yeah, I didn't want the night to end. And we went back to Austin. We started talking about life while we're staring at the sky from the falcony, and we hooked up. Okay, so yeah, like the chemistry was just crazy.
Speaker 4: Kissed right away. Describe like what happened there.
Speaker 3: So, since we were talking for a couple of weeks and it was building up, I already felt really familiar, like I've known him. So when I saw him waiting for me at the front, I just like instantly like ran up to him and he like scooped me up, and it was like out of a movie.
Speaker 4: Like wow, okay, sounds like yeah.
Speaker 3: It was like that dirty dancing scene, you know, like were you you know, and it just felt so spontaneous and we just instantly felt super comfortable.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: It was really sweet. So anyway, I left in the morning, and you know, I told him verbally like can't wait to see him again, and you know, I joked that, you know, he better call me, and he said, of course, and that was it. And I'm so confused.
Speaker 4: Did anything happen like that would have made him not call you back?
Speaker 3: I mean, the only thing that I can think about was like, I do have a kid, and I wasn't completely upfront with him, but like I needed to know, like that something was really there, that it really was real and being met like I knew that it was. It's just like a hard thing to slip in when you're on an amusing leet. But as I was leaving, I told him I I need to get home to my.
Speaker 4: Kids, and okay and.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, and I kept it light. I didn't like really want to get into it, just because I really was in a rush. But I felt like maybe he was like processing that news as I was leaving. I don't know, he seemed like he internalized it, but it seemed like we you know, I did say, let's talk about it next time, and it seemed like that was definitely a conversation, like I'm open to having NFLT, like he's someone that would also be open having that conversation. That's just why I'm just surprised because he seems like a really open person.
Speaker 1: Well you could be processing though, because you know, if real feelings are starting to develop at that point, then you really have to ask yourself, like, Okay, you know what role am I going to play with somebody that has a child? Like, how does that work?
Speaker 4: We'll see.
Speaker 2: We'll play a song come back, and then call him and seefa tell us why he's ghosting, maybe get you another date?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, all right, this sounds good.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll play a song come back, get your first a follow up next. Right in the middle of your first date follow up, if you're just joining us, Melissa is on the phone and Melissa is getting ghosted by Austin. So we're about to call him and see if he'll tell us why is ghostinger and maybe get her another date? But first, Melissa, why don't you catch us up on your situation?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So I met this incredible guy off of Bumble. We talked for a couple of weeks, went on this like mind blowing date. We hooked up. The chemistry was off the chart, and lo and behold, I listen when I'm walking out the door, I get home to my kid, and I feel like I sleepd him out and I haven't heard from him since, and it's been a week.
Speaker 4: Because that was the first time that you told him that you had a kid, was when you were leaving.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I do feel like we, you know, coming in hot with our chemistry. I just felt like it wasn't ever the right time to really unpass that. But I feel like that's what a second seat would before.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, are you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 3: Yes? Please?
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. I man speak to Austin. Please, Yeah, Austin, what's up?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: This is Jewbil. I'm calling from a radio show. It's called The Jewbil Show. Hi, Austin, I'm Nana also on the show. Hi, I'm Victoria.
Speaker 5: I've been overwhelming.
Speaker 4: How are you good?
Speaker 5: Good? So I'm on the call with three people here.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Have you ever listened to The Jewel Show before?
Speaker 3: I believe so.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: We do a segment on the show it's called the First Aid follow Up. That's where if you go out on a day with somebody and then you end up ghosting them, that person can ask us to email you and ask why you're ghosting. And we got an email about you Austin, Okay, you have any idea who it would be, I feel like you do.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's probably Melissa.
Speaker 4: You are correct, sir, So you're intentionally ghosting her.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I would use the word ghosting. I kind of yeah, I did put some space there and then call her.
Speaker 4: Do you mind telling us why she wants to know?
Speaker 5: Oh? Man, it's kind of complex. I feel like when people want to get together that they should have a clean space for each other.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Clean space.
Speaker 5: So she's got a whole situation going on with her. I don't know if she's if she lives with her, she has, she had a kid. I always say this without putting any So we we stay stayed together at my place, and it was like in the morning, I'm half asleep because we you know, we have some drinks. We had a good time, and her phone's going off and constantly and I'm and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, is that my phone? No?
Speaker 5: No, no, oh, it's hers, okay, and you know she's texting and doing whatever. And then she picks up the phone. She thinks I'm asleep, I'm sure, and she's like whispering, but she's like she sounds really tense, like someone's barking at her on the phone, and I hear her saying like, oh, no, no, no, I have too much to drink, so I'm staying at her friend's house. I'll be home soon.
Speaker 3: And I was like, like what.
Speaker 5: And then before she hangs up, I could hear it be like you two, which to me was like somebody just said I love you, right, And so I'm standing there like like what up. I don't know if I can cuss on the radio, but like, you know, waiting for her to maybe tell me something, and then she she sounds me she has to get home to her kid, which, okay, you have a kid. I don't know why you're telling me now, and you didn't tell me earlier, but I mean, it's not going to make me ghost you. But then I'm waiting there for her to explain further. But then she just leaves, and I'm like, is she's going home to my husband?
Speaker 4: And what a baby daddy?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: She said something about a baby daddy like I'm oh, I'm so sorry my baby daddy for waking you up or whatever. She kind of briefed it out like it meant nothing, and I'm like, you're telling me that you're answering the phone from your baby daddy. Clearly you're going home to him, and that's a whole situation.
Speaker 4: But a kid though.
Speaker 5: No, the conversation that she was happy, I couldn't make out exactly what she was saying, but clearly there's this guy who's borderline yelling at her as she's like, no, I'm sorry, I no, no, I've just got drunk. I'm staying at her friend's I'll be home soon. I heard her say i'll be home soon. That's really messy. And I had a great time with her, and it was very passionate date and we really hit it off.
Speaker 3: I was shocked.
Speaker 5: I said, wow, so you're getting involved with me, but you have a whole situation.
Speaker 4: Well, thanks for telling us. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: And now I'll let you know that she's actually on the phone listening to you.
Speaker 3: Hi, Austin. Yeah, I'm happy to hear it. Yeah. I mean, this was my idea to have you on the radio, so I wanted to hear your side of the story. All I can say is that, yes, my child's father, you know, he is still in love with me and I just felt like it's best right now to keep him happy while you know, we have our son, so I play along, but we are definitely not together.
Speaker 4: So he thinks you're together.
Speaker 3: For our kids, you know, because we want to have a family unit for him. And it's not scared our kid. Yes, because we didn't work out that we have a divided family that.
Speaker 4: You're with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, like I said, like it's for our kid right now, it's a temporary situation until it changes.
Speaker 5: Well, listen, listen. Obviously we have a great time and we connect at a very deep level physically, we're drawn to each other, like I can't even explain it with words. It's very noble that you put your child first, but at the end of the day, you basically have a boyfriend. He thinks that all you have to do is work harder to get you if he's not all the way there. It is just so dramatic.
Speaker 3: It's like, like, for what it's worth, he knows that that's what you say.
Speaker 5: That's what you say, and with all due respect, men don't see it like that. They see it as you're just adjusting and he's going to eventually get you.
Speaker 3: And at the end of the day.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I know you say you're playing along, but obviously he said I love you and you said you too.
Speaker 3: So no matter what, you yeah, I'm the person I'm.
Speaker 1: In love with you, because that's going to be an awkward thing to hear anyway you're laying next to somebody else.
Speaker 5: I think if you clean up your situation, it takes a little bit of growing and you make final what the relationship is with him, Like if you're not with him, he has to know that and he can't think there's a chance and hit me up sometime. But Melissa's let me ask you one question. Do you do you sleep in the same bed with him?
Speaker 3: Melissa, I'm not gonna lie to you. Yes, but it's for our kids.
Speaker 5: Okay, So you have no business even talking to me. And that sucks to say because I had a great time with you, but you have.
Speaker 3: No body too. I just know that I won't find chemistry like we have ever done. And I hate to see that guy and I feel like I know how to shoot my shot. I guess you know.
Speaker 4: So you know I tried, Well, Austin, would you like to go out? Wasn't Melstena again? We'll pay for it.
Speaker 5: I can't do that right now. I mean, in a year, if things change, call me back up, give us a free date.
Speaker 3: But right now I respect that, and you know, I'll clean up my situation and I hope you don't meet someone else, and I'll call you however long it takes. You know, i'll circle back.
Speaker 4: Good luck, guys, Thank you. The First Date follow up