Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, can you hear me? I?
Speaker 2: Ken? What's your name?
Speaker 1: My name is Karen, Karen.
Speaker 2: What's up? Karen? How can I get you today?
Speaker 3: What brings you to speak with with a gecko on the phone?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, man, But every day I think about the possibility of having telekinesis powers. M like it's an everyday thing. And I feel like I've had this same thought process for the last like six years now.
Speaker 3: When you imagine, when you imagine yourself having telekinetic powers, what would you do with those powers?
Speaker 2: And what would those powers look like?
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen see I feel like it's a combination between like the Phoenix from X Men and then also from a I don't know that show. It's on a Prime I don't know. It's Adam Girl, but she's more into like she does the atoms or whatever, and she like mixes stuff. But every time I'm out with friends or I'm at work, school, whatever, I just feel like I can move something like you'll just start off like that. And there are times where I space out. I'm like I can do it. I can do it. I can do it, like it's gonna move. And I've been like thrown off where people are like, hey, are you okay, and I'm like, no, I'm good, dude, I'm good. And it's gone to the point where people are like, hey, you've been facing out way too much, and I'm just like no, sorry, I'm just in a thought process. But I feel like I can move something, like I know, I can move it to the point where I could control it and then it could like go, I could like have it in front of me, and to the point also where I think one day I could do it with like the earth, Like not the earth itself, but you know, like the ground.
Speaker 2: And you felt this way for about how long?
Speaker 1: I think about like six years now. I just yeah, about six years. Like I just had a crazy dream one day that I was able to do this, like I was able to lift the floor. And at first I thought, nah, it's just it's just a dream. But those dreams kept like recurring, and then I thought, well, maybe maybe it will happen. And now it's just every day. It's an everyday thought process that I have.
Speaker 3: Is it a distracting you from daily life? The this like strong feeling that you might have powers, No.
Speaker 1: Like I can I can have a normal day like I can get up like I work over night, so I'll sleep in the day, I'll get up, shower, I'll go, but I'll do my normal activities. But I feel like no matter what, Like if I if I go to a shower, like, hey, maybe I can move that foot fresh. If I'm in the car, I'm like, hey, maybe, like I can move that tree. If I'm like at a red light or something, or from at work, I'm like, let me, let me see if I can move the I don't know. Yah.
Speaker 3: So this is like this is like a constant every day. This is like a not not just like an every day This is like an every day throughout the day feeling that you have.
Speaker 1: Yes, but doesn't.
Speaker 2: It get and how long? Okay?
Speaker 3: And so it's been six years, But for how long has it been like this constant like every day throughout the day.
Speaker 1: Maybe like maybe like five times five times, It's not like every hour every day maybe once in the morning, once in the afternoon.
Speaker 3: Okay, how long How long has it have the thoughts occurred with that much frequency?
Speaker 1: Like how long does it last with that thought?
Speaker 2: Now? How long have you been thinking five times a day that you might be able to move stuff?
Speaker 1: Hmm, I don't know, like does it I'm a little confused.
Speaker 3: It's okay, so well, I guess what I'm curious about is like, does it ever get like, does it ever get exhausting to be thinking this much that you might be able to move stuff and then it never it never moves.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's frustrating. It's it's gone to the point where I'm almost about to tell my therapist about it, but I'm like, you know what, I'm just going to keep it on myself because she'll probably she'll probably give me the funny socks.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, all right, let's hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. Okay, okay, I have several questions for you, and by the way, you can you can entertain this conversation as deeply or as lightly as you desire. But okay, Question number one, what the hell are the funny socks?
Speaker 1: You know? The funny socks? Like you know, you're not supposed to say certain things a therapy, and then they'll just do the big check mark of like, all right, gotta give them the grippy socks, the grippy socks to go into the Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, yeah, sure, you don't want to get the funny socks?
Speaker 2: Are those? Hold on what I know what?
Speaker 3: Okay, I now I'm just being a dick, but I know what you're trying to say when you say funny socks. But the article of clothing that you're referring to doesn't look like socks, Like hold on, like a straight jacket, it doesn't look like socks. Oh wait, it kind of does. It kind of looks like funny socks. Okay, sorry, sorry, sorry, I just googled it. It does, it does. It does kind of look like funny socks. So why so why do you? Okay, so why or are are you? Are you just being funny or do you actually think that? Like if you tell therapist, she'll put you in a mental institution.
Speaker 1: You know, like I feel I feel like I'm in a good point in my life mentally, and she and she'll tell me like, oh, you're in a you know, you've made so much progress, and I'm like cool, but and then imagine me telling her out of nor Hey just want to let you know, I think I feel like a camuse stuff like yeah, like and she'll look at me like what the hell, Like we just went through all this progress and now you're telling me you think you can move a cup a pencil like I feel like I one day it's going to happen. Like one day it will happen like some And I've gone to the point where I've meditated, I've you know, I've done the whole chakra thing. I've done a whole like I feel like i've felt I've been in the state of nirvana before. Like and I'm like, you know what, if I could feel this type of being inside myself, maybe one day I could move something with my mind, like you know how people say, oh, humans only use ten percent of their brain, And I'm like, you know what, well, I'm going to use twenty percent. And I'm going to move that pencil and I'm going to move it. And I'm going to give myself years. And I don't know. I mean, I'm twenty no, oops, I'm not twenty nine or more. I'm thirty right now. I just turned thirty, and I'm thinking maybe by the time i'm sixty, it'll happen.
Speaker 3: It'll happen, Okay, So so all right, I'm not a real therapist, but I ask you some kind of no I know, I'll ask you some questions. Here's I guess, Here's where I land with it.
Speaker 2: Is because like this, this is something you think about throughout the day every day.
Speaker 3: And I asked, I asked you already a little bit, but I'll ask you again, like, does does the idea that you might be telekinetic and your could we call it an obsession?
Speaker 2: Do you think you know what?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: I have felt like it is an obsession?
Speaker 2: Now does god? You go ahead? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, Like at one point I thought, you know what, you're just obsessing, Like maybe I'm I'm watching too much stuff. Maybe I'm I'm reading into it. Maybe I'm just I don't know, I'm just overthinking it. But I don't know, there's this part of me that feels like humans can do that, like humans are are going to be able to do that. And I'm thinking, you know, like I get it. It sounds crazy, it sounds wacko, like like come on, you know you would think after all these millions of years of thousands of years humans been in life, like na, that's that shit don't exist. But I don't know, It's just I have this gut feeling, like this intuition of yeah, but so my.
Speaker 3: I guess my main question is does this obsession or gut feeling. Does this does this like negatively impact your life in any way, shape or form, like if you're being if you're being honest with yourself, like, does it does it like distract you from reality in a in a negative way or cause you to like, oh no, I feel like you should be doing like any anything like that.
Speaker 1: Oh heck no, like no way. That's That's where I get like kind of iffy, Like I swear I'm living a normal life. I'm living just as anyone else, trying to survive here, and I'm doing everything I can like to. I feel like I'm great where I'm at right now. It's just I only told two people, like my best friend and my sister, and it looked at me like, all right, you're just being dumb. But I'm like, all right, you know, okay, cool. But it does then distracts me. It doesn't affect my everyday life. It's just there. It's just that thought is there. And I'm thinking, like maybe it's like a deep rooted thing in me, like that something's wrong, but I don't know. At the same time, I'm thinking maybe maybe it's just a phase. Maybe it's a phase I'm going through. But I just I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Man, Well, I guess I was asking because I mean, look, I'm not gonna like I'm not. Look, here's the thing. I don't like to poop on other people's parties. I mean, I actually know I do something. I'm not gonna say that. I sometimes actually take great joy in pooping on other people's parties. It can be pooping on other people's parties can be a lot of fun sometimes, but you're at you seem like a nice person, and so I don't I don't want to sit here and poop on your party.
Speaker 1: No, go ahead, no you, but you can go ahead and tell me I'm nuts, I'm crazy, or hey, maybe you know what I'm not.
Speaker 2: Well, No, I don't, I don't, I don't, I don't. Hold on, I don't. I don't want to tell you that you're nuts. I don't think it's my.
Speaker 3: Right to tell you that you're crazy. But that's why I phrase it in a way of if this is if you believe this is negatively impacting your life, then you know it's something to be examined. But I'm not going to just tell you that you're crazy?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, oh yeah, and I.
Speaker 3: Think that's a good but I just I think like moving and again I'm like fucking sitting here pretending to be a therapist. But like if I if that's the kind of overarching question I would continue to ask myself if I were you, is like you know what you know? Whether or not you're crazy, I don't think is the important issue. I think the issue is like is this is this obsession detrimental to you in some way?
Speaker 1: M O, Yeah, I guess the main point like it could be an obsession and maybe, like I do feel like maybe it could pass. You know that it has been my thought. But I guess the initial thing is if I if it does happen, Like what would I do? Like what would I do with these powers? That's the one thing that makes me feel like, all right, now you're talking, now you're tucking crazy.
Speaker 3: I'll play I'll play ball on telekinesis what would you do if you had these powers?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: Or?
Speaker 1: The way of the world is if I learned how to control it and if there was some way. This sounds crazy, like this sounds wild, But if I have telekinesis, and if I could build some type of force field around it to protect myself, I would just go crazy, like, oh god, I'll just start fixing. No, I don't like hurting people. I mean, like I would like to save people. I'd just start I'd be like that you know in the movies, Like I would just start saving not not saving people, I mean like doing real ship that needs to be done, you know. And and then of course the government will start being like what the It's like, who are you? Like, No, you can't do this, And I'll be like, nah, I'm gonna start saving people. I'm gonna start fixing this place up because y'all ain't doing ship.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna I have I'm gonna this is probably this is probably not good, but I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 2: There's a movie. There's a movie that you need to watch. There's a movie you should be watch with the Three Guys. It's with the three guys. You know the movie.
Speaker 1: Honestly, that's how I feel like what's gonna end up happening?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you know this movie movie the Three Guys.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know, and you see that's what I'm scared of. Yeah, Okay, so many times.
Speaker 2: You've seen that so many times.
Speaker 3: Really, I was about to say, yeah, this is this movie, this movie with the three guys. It's it's like exactly what you're talking about. We're talking about the movie Chronicle, which is about like these three.
Speaker 2: It's like these three guys and they get the all three I don't know that.
Speaker 3: I don't remember it came out like ten over ten years ago, but they all get psychic powers, and I think what happens is one of them just like goes rogue and starts fucking like gets like severely corrupted by the power and uses it to like fucking like you know, cause a mayhem and destruction and murder. And he there's like a line in the movie or something, it's something like that where he goes like he declares himself to be an apex predator, like, uh, you know, a predator who viewed like he is so far evolved above humanity that he considers other humans around him to be ants and has zero empathy in their destruction much as a human would.
Speaker 2: Killing a bug.
Speaker 1: Exactly. And I and that crazy in his eye. I'm like, I don't want to be like that, right, But the way he starts going, do you believe I'm afraid of?
Speaker 2: Do you believe? And I've only been talking to you for fifteen minutes here, but do you believe that you are pure of heart.
Speaker 3: Enough that you would resist the temptation to be corrupted by your new telekinetic powers? Do you believe you could handle because some people, because power.
Speaker 2: Just corrupts inherently.
Speaker 3: Do you believe you could, you know, withstand that corruption and stay true to yourself through your new abilities.
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like I can. I like, with my whole heart and everything, I feel like I can. But there would still be a fight because of the anger that the world would put on me. And I don't see humans as like ants don't, and I would have empathy. I don't want to be like that, but I feel like with the evil of how other humans are would make me want to go rogue and go crazy. But I know at the end of the day, I will be like, no, I can't. I can't just just because these guys are fucking up and these guys are pissing me off and attacking me, I can't. I can't just go ballistic. But I know it would be a fight. It would be a fight between myself and I've thought about that. I thought, and that's also a thought of like at the end of the day at the night, when you're laying down, I'm like, damn, if you really do move something and you really do start like practicing and all this stuff, would you be able would you be able to control yourself? And I'm like, yeah, hell yeah, I would like hell yeah. But like I said, it's a fight though, because of the I don't know if you understand, like if you get me, like the anger that people would put on me, because you know, like other humans could be shitty, like you know, dictators and the people in charge, you know, not regular humans.
Speaker 3: You know, well like like here like because look if you I'm gonna get assassinated or something saying this, But like if you had psychedelic if you had like telekinetic powers, like you could go like and you had a force.
Speaker 2: I actually used to I actually this kind of fucked up.
Speaker 3: I used to like imagine like what if like some guy like had these telekinetic powers and could like put a force field around them and like was like unkillable, and like that person could like one person could like like wipe out the whole US.
Speaker 2: Army because they they can't be killed, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And so like that, and so that's the kind of Yeah, that's the kind of power you would be want. So like if it's just like you'd be sitting there with all that power, like you know, it starts with you lifting up a pencil and it ends with you, like, you know, destroying the Russian Army, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But like, but like is that what you really want? Do you really want that much power? You know that? I don't think that's the thing. It's like, look, because here's the thing.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna be satisfy just picking up pencils and putting them down. I'm just letting you know that if you I now I'm now I'm kind of into this as I'm talking about it. Like this power that you seek, I don't think you know, like even just the fact that you're talking about it, you're entertaining the idea of using it for world change.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: You You're gonna start by picking up pencils and putting them down, and then you're gonna like, all right, that's fun and cute, but like let me, you know, let me let me, uh, liberate North Korea. And that's a whole thing to be doing, you know. And even if if you're right, because even if you have the power and you don't, you're like, I don't want to involved.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get involved.
Speaker 3: People are gonna be knocking down your door being like, yo, what the fuck are you doing? You have telekinetic powers, Go liberate North Korea, Go save my cat from a tree, you know, go help me move, you know, And people are gonna be trying to use you, you, and it's just it's too much power.
Speaker 2: It's to you.
Speaker 3: I just I'm let you will be so much happier living just a regular ass life than being you know, God, right, I'm just that food for thought, food for thought, right, I think I think being human is pretty sweet. Okay, Yes, you die, but that's good. You don't want to not die. That's uncharted territory. Nobody's ever not died, and it would be lonely. It would be lonely. You don't want to be a god.
Speaker 2: You don't want. You don't really want.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: I just don't think that you will enjoy your life more if you had superpowers.
Speaker 3: If I were you I just I would really look around at the life you have as it is, not having superpowers and just go, oh, you know, every once in a while, I eat a slice of pizza and my friend sends me a picture and I like it on the phone, and that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: And I don't need to liberate North Korea.
Speaker 1: You know what, You're right, because I do enjoy my simple life. I do enjoy I you know, like I live in Texas sadly, but and I do enjoy going outside, sitting at the park and you know, taking my dog for a walk and just just chilling just you know, like things like that. When I'm not having my little obsession, I do enjoy just enjoying the small things like yeah, and and and if I couldn't go back to that, to just even walk my dog or take a stroll down my neighborhood, I think I'd be pretty upset at that, right, you know, never to going back to that.
Speaker 2: Right? Why do you? I mean, why do you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean why do you want you Why do you want to separate yourself from your fellow human beings by having superpowers?
Speaker 2: What is?
Speaker 3: But I actually I ask you that as a genuine question. Why do you want these telekinetic powers? Like why why do you feel like you there's what you desire out of your life or just for the world cannot be accomplished as immortal.
Speaker 1: Maybe because if I mean, it wouldn't it would be I mean to to like I said, like to have changed, like to do change, to make real change. You know, I'm not just gonna screw off and just you know fly or hey, I'm gonna freaking you know, make jokes of people like you know, the people you know when you see online or whatever, the fake ship people making jokes of having telekinesis powers. I think I would want to do something like you know.
Speaker 4: Just be ah.
Speaker 1: That sounds so lame, like a superhero. I wouldn't want to.
Speaker 4: Be a superhero.
Speaker 3: It's like it's it's like it's like it's like it's like running for congress or something. Right, like you join and then like everyone has expectations of you and the things you're gonna do, and everyone's always looking at you, and you know, you try to withstand the power of corruption, but nobody ever can really do it.
Speaker 2: It's it's a lot, it's a lot. It's a lot.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think I respect your desire to make a change in this world. But I just I think you can do it without superpowers.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, you're right, damn that hit deep.
Speaker 3: But look it's look look, look picking up a pencil and throwing it at your friend and then they look around and they're like, who do that?
Speaker 2: And you're like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's fun, that's good, that's okay, But it leads to you becoming God, which would suck because people would ask you to do choice for them. That's what people are always asking God to do chores for them. People are always praying to God. They're asking him to do chores. And I don't think it's just it sucks, It just would be bad. So so I don't say I don't say all this to poop on your party, but I say all this an alternative perspective as to why maybe having superpowers would be.
Speaker 1: Hella lamme, No, you're right. I mean, as I have like really bad ADHD so much, Oh my.
Speaker 3: God, ADHD and superpowers sounds like a horrible combination. Horrible combination you'll be you know, I mean, if your brain can barely handle uh, you know, doing.
Speaker 1: Math, imagine I get it for a month, and then I'm like, you know what, I don't even like this.
Speaker 3: Adderall and superpowers.
Speaker 2: That's too much. That's too much.
Speaker 1: Oh man Hill, I'm already on too many engine persons. I can't I can't do this. I can't. No, you know what you make it? Yeah, you make it sound like this could be exhausting.
Speaker 3: Yes, sounds like a terrible life, like being Batman. Like, okay, just next time you look, next time you watch Batman. Well, Batman doesn't have superpowers. Let me that's a bad one.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Like Superman is definitely not happy. Spider Man's not happy. None of these guys are happy. They have horrible lives.
Speaker 1: Spider Man is not happy.
Speaker 3: No, he hates life. I don't know why I said that. It's probably not I mean, he's not He's not real. None of these people are real.
Speaker 2: But you're real and you can do things without superpowers. What's your name again?
Speaker 1: My name's Karen.
Speaker 2: Karen. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 1: I promise when you turn thirty, it's not as bad as they say it is. Uh, follow your dreams and don't take two things. Don't take things serious like just just chill out.
Speaker 2: Is it Carol or Caroline?
Speaker 1: No, well, my name is got In, but you know, in American words, Karen. Fuck, yeah, yeah, I know, you're good. You know, I don't want to tell people my name is Karen, but it's it's got In. But either way, Karen's fine, It's fine. Have a good night, Karen, Thank you you too.
Speaker 2: Bye bye? Oh fuck, I hung up. Well we got to just yeah, turning thirty. I mean, look, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: If you ever are upset about the fact that you're getting older, uh, just take solace in the fact that it's better than the alternative, which is being dead forever.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Hey, what's your name?
Speaker 5: My name is Owen, Owen.
Speaker 2: What's up, Owen? How can I get you today?
Speaker 5: First of all, big fan, kind of excited. I'm talking to you.
Speaker 2: Thanks, brother.
Speaker 5: Okay, what I wanted to talk about is just a little bit of a rant about my last relationship. If that's okay, Well.
Speaker 3: Let's have a conversation about your last relationship rather than a rant.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Well? Okay, what is the emotion that is powering this rant?
Speaker 5: Uh? Well, whenever I talk about it, it makes me a little bit anxious. It's not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: It's just one of those things where you're like, dang, like, how could am I that bad that someone could do that to me? Like that's how I feel.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you want to talk about? What happens?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay? What? What did? What happens?
Speaker 5: It is a little bit of a longish story, if that's okay? Or would you like me to dumb it down?
Speaker 2: Once you dumb it down?
Speaker 5: Okay? So me and this girl I won't say her name. We were both pretty I still am. But we were both religious. I don't know if you are, but that's okay. We're both celibate, and we are both wanting to marry. Knew her for a while. We uh, we loved each other. Everything was going good. At one point she acted weird and the next day she told me that she believed that God was telling her we weren't meant to be together and that we should break up. I was like, that's strange, but how can I say that that's that goes against what God wants? So I just kind of like try to talk her out of it, try to talk her and understand everything. But it didn't work out. So I just let her go. Months go by, she starts to go down to downhill, drinking, doing all kinds of like, uh, she got anxious a lot and just started getting her head about things and she just acted like a completely different person. Well, as the months went on, I realized that she had cheated on me, so she had lost her virginity against me while we were dating. And I'm just like, that's the most insane thing anyone's ever done to me, and one of the most insane things that I think you could do to someone.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: You said something and I don't know how much you were paying attention to the actual words that you were using when you said it, or how much you really mean it, but you were like, how could I be so bad that someone could do this to me? Is that how you feel about this?
Speaker 5: H Yeah, to be honest, I really at that point. Yeah, at that point, I didn't really have a job. I was trying to get into a career and it wasn't working out, and I just felt like, looking back on it, I might have looked like a bomb. But at the same time, I did nothing but love her. I did nothing but chairish her, And like I said, we were both very religious and very in our ways. So I'm kind of torn, and that's why I wanted to talk to you, because I'm just like, I mean, I blame her, and I I don't want her back or anything like that. I'm done with her, but I'm just like, I don't just see how someone could do that. I can't see if it's me or if it's her, Like, I can't believe someone be so fucked up. She's my language that they would do that unless I was a problem.
Speaker 4: Mmmm.
Speaker 3: No, No, you're not so horrible that, uh you're it's okay for uh, you know, for you to be cheated on that. You know that All being said is like, listen, man, you're.
Speaker 2: How old are you?
Speaker 5: Two? I was twenty at the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you still think about this girl?
Speaker 5: No? Not, not all the time, only think about her when I have conversations like this.
Speaker 3: Do you still feel like this is kind of lower to your overall self esteem in a lasting way?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it'll always be with me. Uh why do you think?
Speaker 2: Why do you think it'll always be with you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, before I met her, I was at a point. I was at a low point, and I was praying and I was wanting a girl exactly like her, I mean exactly like. We even had the same political reviews, we have the same humor. And then it just came crashing down in the worst possible way. And since I've moved on, I have a girlfriend now, I've been for a year. It's it's pretty pretty good.
Speaker 2: Okay, great man, damn.
Speaker 5: But you know, it's just one of those things where I'm like, if that was the most perfect person for me at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's not what do you but that's not real. There's no there's.
Speaker 5: No perfect person.
Speaker 3: There's no Yeah, there's no perfect person. There's like you like someone. I mean what you did was how you do it.
Speaker 2: I mean, you.
Speaker 3: Had someone that you liked, and you put effort into your relationship with them. And I think when you do that, you kind of you I mean, you know, god damn. Ideally hopefully that comes back in the other direction, but you kind of do it a little unconditionally, right, Yeah. And I think there's something to be said about accepting the fact that you loved and cherished this person unconditionally and you did it because you just it was.
Speaker 2: Just within you to do it.
Speaker 3: And the fact that they betrayed your trust like that fucking sucks. But that's it's not reflective of you at all. The fact that you, you know, love the person and you put effort into a person, and you put effort into yourself. I mean, those are all things that are reflective of you, and how she acts after that fact is not reflective of you at all. So I would just I mean, you sound like you're doing pretty happy and good, but I would just kind of not.
Speaker 2: I don't like, Oh, how can ivy so bad that she would do that to me?
Speaker 5: You know, I understand, but I don't know. That's just I don't know, you know, it's like cheating on is one thing, but cheating on like that with someone you're like, you know, promise too. If that makes sense. I just I can't wrap my head around it.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: I'll mostly go ahead, all right, I said. Mostly the way I figured out that she did this was she kept she said she mentioned at one point serious start talking at the time, not intimately, just like hey, how you how you doing and everything. So I still cared about her, and you know, like I said, she's going down to bad path. And she told me while she was drunk one time she missed me and I was like, why don't you come back? And she said she couldn't. And at the time, I was like, what'd you do? And she told me she didn't do anything, and I'm like, no, be honest, would you do? And she told me she'd sucked with someone and at that point I had just given up. And then, you know, I took a screenshot of the chat and she was like, who are you going to show it to? And I'm like, I'm not going to show it to anyone. I just want to think about this for a while. And then she said fuck you and basically just flipped it on me. And I was like, dang, So I just I don't know.
Speaker 3: Man, Well, how are things within your new girl? I mean, dude, I mean, look, you have a new girlfriend, right, yeah, okay, So I let this be in the I mean, I know you called in to talk about it because it's like, you know, a thing to talk about for the show or whatever.
Speaker 2: But let this be in the past, all right.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I mean it's hard. It's hard just because.
Speaker 3: Because you don't want this to like it, because because listen, man, I just let me say this.
Speaker 2: You have a new relationship with a new girl.
Speaker 3: Okay, And the worst thing that you I think you could do is to just like hold on to this thing and you know, you're like wearing it like glasses, you know what I mean, Like everything you do and see and everything everything is through the lens of this fucked up thing. And that's the worst thing you could do. So to take off the glasses and and throw them away and just be in the present with your your new girlfriends and you know, like like you did with your other girlfriend, be like, oh I like this person, and yes, yeah I love them, cherish him, do whatever you want to do, but just don't don't let this past experience. Don't just don't wear it like fucking glasses, you know, and don't and don't don't wear it like glasses when you when you look at yourself. Just just let just let it be in the past. It's okay, you know, Just just dive into the fucking what you're doing right now. God damn it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I really I really never set out to be a I fuck it.
Speaker 3: I hate it. I hate being motivational. I hate it. I just hated so much. But I just in my head, I hate going on motivational rants, but I also really want you to understand to let just just let this be in the past.
Speaker 5: I mean, I agree with you, it's just a scar I'm always gonna hold.
Speaker 2: Why don't why? Why why do you say? How will how?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: You're twenty two? Stop saying, don't stop saying stupid bullshit like that? Just stop? Just stop? Why? Why is it a why?
Speaker 1: Wall?
Speaker 2: Really? Let me? Can I ask you? What can I It's a scar You're always gonna hold why.
Speaker 5: I just tend to think like that.
Speaker 2: Oh well, what if you didn't it?
Speaker 3: What if you didn't think like that and you went, you know what? That was fucked up?
Speaker 2: And I they that made me feel bad.
Speaker 3: But I really like Tiffany, whatever her fucking name is that you're with right now. I really like Tiffany, And I really I'm feeling good about myself lately.
Speaker 2: And it's a nice stay outside.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna go I'm gonna go to school for accounting and become a CPA and I'm gonna get really good at math. And people around the office when they have a math problem, they're gonna ask me about it. And it's making to make me feel good and.
Speaker 2: All of it.
Speaker 3: And then I'm gonna be thirty two and I'm gonna be married and I'm gonna have you know, really, I'm gonna be head of the accounting firm and I'm and no, I'm not gonna have this scar for me with me for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: What do you say?
Speaker 3: Stop saying things like that, dude, You know, like that's it's up to you.
Speaker 2: It's up to you. It's up to you. What do you think is gonna be with you forever? This is no rules.
Speaker 3: You don't have to hold on to fucking anything, Okay, So stop saying that this is going to be if you yeah, sure, if you hold it, sure, if you if you want to go, you know, tumblerr about it, and you want to be like, this is a scar I'm gonna hold on to forever.
Speaker 2: Then yeah, maybe it'll maybe it will be, but it's in choice. Okay.
Speaker 3: You're looking at it like it's this thing imposed upon you over which you have no fucking agency, And just stop doing that. Just if you want, if this was a shitty thing and you want to let it go so you can be happy with your new life and you're in a relationship.
Speaker 2: Just let it go.
Speaker 3: Why are you writing a melancholy why you're being why?
Speaker 2: Why be emo.
Speaker 3: About it and say it's a scar you're gonna hold for it.
Speaker 2: Just let it go.
Speaker 3: Why? Just next time you say to yourself, next time you're looking in the mirror and you're saying to yourself, I'm gonna be sad forever and I'm gonna always look at myself like I suck and I'm gonna always just why. Just really keep asking yourself why until you come up with a good reason, and you fucking won't. So just let it go. You don't have to respond that. You don't have to respond to everything I just said to you. Just now, but just think about it. Okay, I'm gonna put this in the podcast. Just think about it.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're just making me realize how cringing I'm being good?
Speaker 3: Good, It's okay to be cringey. We've all that's good. Being cringey is a part of evolving as a human being.
Speaker 2: Who's this new girlfriend? Okay, who's this new girlfriend? Her name is Marissa, Marissa, Melissa, Marissa, Maria.
Speaker 5: She'll probably hear this.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, Maria. Look, I'm sure Marissa is a nice girl, and I'm sure Marissa. I'm sure Marissa is a nice girl. I'm sure Marissa really likes you. And I'm sure Marissa would love if.
Speaker 2: You took.
Speaker 3: You know, if you had more brain power available to put into the relationship you have with her, and also most important, most importantly, put into you and your own life and how you view yourself and how you feel than in whatever. You know, God bless whoever this girl is that cheated on you. I hope she finds Jesus or whatever the fuck and lives a good life, you know, a good good God bless her. Okay, So just that's how I think you should feel about her, and then just move on with your life and and you know, try to continue to you seem like a guy, you seem like a virtuous guy. It's hard to do. Just keep doing that, and yeah, just just fucking let it go. Man, goddamn.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I don't have any more motivational things to yell at you.
Speaker 5: I'm bad for draining you.
Speaker 3: It's okay, Well, all right, man, is there anything else you wanna you wanna say about anything before we go?
Speaker 5: Uh? How are you bad? You are right?
Speaker 3: I'm Okay, I'm doing Okay, I'm doing okay, I'm uh, you know, I'm not dead.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Can you look at the chat?
Speaker 3: Have I don't I don't care about the chat. I care about talk. I don't care about the chat. I care about talking to you my friends.
Speaker 4: Know?
Speaker 2: What's your what's your name again? Sorry?
Speaker 3: Owen, have a good rest of your life. Oh and I hope any of this ship that I farted out of my mouth made any sense to you.
Speaker 5: No, I know what I can do to fix it, So all.
Speaker 2: Right, take care of I see man, Owen.
Speaker 3: Owen?
Speaker 2: Oh and oh and Owen. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know. I don't know why I got fired up.
Speaker 3: But there's just this is no rules, this is I think, well, there's some rules, there's some rules, but I just, uh, I don't I don't want to be a I don't want to be all woo woo, But.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: A lot of life is just like your ego has fucking story worries. It tells you about the world and about yourself and about other people, and it's a it's fake and you know, there's lights and colors and decisions and then.
Speaker 2: You die, but there's no you can do.
Speaker 3: I I really do believe in like like self limiting beliefs in the head, because I have many of them personally.
Speaker 2: That I you.
Speaker 3: Kind of you you ask I ask myself. I'm like, does this belief limit me in some way?
Speaker 2: Ship? Does it help me?
Speaker 3: Does it help me to go? I'm gonna carry around this scar forever? Why it's up to you, man, Sometimes it's up to you. Sometimes sometimes you just feel Sometimes you feel really shitty and depressed and awful, and you try to it's it's kind of like a form of copium.
Speaker 2: You can you try to convince.
Speaker 3: Yourself that it's just in your head, and you can you don't have to be depressed.
Speaker 2: But I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't believe in that. I think sometimes you just feel fun. I think sometimes you're just miserable against your will. But this guy, in particular, if he's in a new relationship and he's in a new whatever, and there's been some time, use a little bit more leeway to just let it go, like I I think I have. Okay, I'm not, I'm I'm no more personal information about myself, Okay, all right?
Speaker 2: End of call. Hello, Hello, Hi, Hi, Yes, I can hear you. What's your name?
Speaker 4: My name's Izzy, Izzy.
Speaker 2: What's up, busy? How's life?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, it's complicated. I will yeah, I will start off facing. I've had a couple I've had a couple of bulls this evening.
Speaker 2: Maybe you've had a couple of you have you had a couple of goals? You said goals or bulls?
Speaker 3: Bowls? Like like, oh, you smoked you smoked weed?
Speaker 4: Maybe a little married Jane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty that's it's that's pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: That's pretty crazy. That's pretty crazy.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Currently in my life, I'm trying to figure out what what the fuck I want to do with it?
Speaker 2: You know, any ideas and.
Speaker 4: Well I have I've been dancing, uh for like nine years now, and I've had people tell me like I should try and get into the industry, dreams stuff. But LA is kind of on fire right now. Shout out to them. It's devastating. But I'm okay, I know, I know, I know. Anyway, I also just like I was thinking of moving to Philly. Do you think Philly is a good place?
Speaker 2: Philadelphia is potentially my favorite city in America? Yeah? Really absolutely, I'm not walking with you. Phillies. Phillies a real hitting gym.
Speaker 3: Philly is great because it's it's definitely walkable, Like you don't need a car if you don't uh uh want one? Uh super affordable, great culture. Yeah, Phi Philly rocks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If you think about moving to Philly, I I highly recommend it. It's a great city. I went to a college there for like four years.
Speaker 2: It was awesome. Yeah, what do you think of moving to Philly?
Speaker 4: I know, Philly is like it seems it seems like a pretty creative city, you know, definitely, And I'm a creative person. I like, I really want a job where I can make things with my hands, you know what I mean, doing something creative.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what are do you do? You have a job now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just I'm just a delivery driver for Dominoes. And I also teach dance classes.
Speaker 2: Oh you teach dance classes?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 1: Just that?
Speaker 2: My really cool?
Speaker 3: That's really cool. That's really cool. You could probably well, can I ask what city you live in now?
Speaker 4: I live in North Platte, Nebraska.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Plant Nebraska.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, give I mean what yeah, go ahead, give Philly a shot?
Speaker 2: Why not. Why not? How old are you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I'm twenty. I'm gonna be twenty one in month.
Speaker 2: Oh I go, yeah, go go to Philly? What I I yeah? Why not? Why not? Why not? Yeah? Go to Philly, Go to Philly.
Speaker 3: Teach dance class, living a liv in a live in a North Philadelphia row home with seven other people, and pay fifty dollars a month in rent and uh, chase your dreams home girl?
Speaker 4: Thank you? Yeah, I hope, I hope.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Maybe someday I'll make it. Do something that I love and enjoy.
Speaker 2: You can do? Yeah, I mean what do you love? You can you can do? I have, I have? You can do whatever you love and enjoy today. You can make it right now.
Speaker 4: It's true. I've been struggling, like uh with mental health, especially these last couple of years, which has been holding me back, I think, from letting myself explore life and find new fun things. And I hate that. But also I feel stuck sometimes.
Speaker 2: You know, what's your name? What's what's your name again?
Speaker 4: E Isy isy Isy?
Speaker 3: I I have no advice for you. I would just say just just I I just go do.
Speaker 2: Go do stuff. If you think about doing something, just just just do it. I don't. I don't.
Speaker 3: There's no there's nothing I can say to you that is gonna do anything for you. You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: This is true?
Speaker 1: This is true.
Speaker 3: Is there anything else you you want to you want to say to the people of the computer before we go, or or anything else that you want.
Speaker 2: To talk about.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm also okay, we don't have to make this too long. Of course there's other people.
Speaker 2: Waiting, but sure, I'm.
Speaker 4: I have this major, major crush on a girl, and I don't know what to do about it.
Speaker 2: What do you mean you don't know what to do about it? What do you mean you're listen? Listen.
Speaker 3: It's the same piece of either what do you mean you don't know what to do about it?
Speaker 2: What do you mean you don't know what to do?
Speaker 4: Very Christian family, and so a lot of my family would disown me, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, that fucking sucks for them, because that fucking sucks.
Speaker 2: For them because they had a fucking daughter. And and part of having a daughter is you fucking love your daughter and you don't get.
Speaker 3: Hung up on stupid bullshit. And so that's a problem for them, and not a problem for you. So go move to Philadelphia, go dance, go tell this girl you like her, and fucking Goali, live your life.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you, gekkay, very nice.
Speaker 2: Where's your name? What's your name again?
Speaker 4: Easy?
Speaker 2: Easy? Good luck is you have a have a good rest of your entire life.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I appreciate it. And thank you for people, people of the computer. Thanks for listening to me. Have a good night, easy, you too, goes on.
Speaker 3: The line thanking your phone calls every night.
Speaker 2: Everything goes. Si'm just teaching you aloud in the mead of your life. He's not really an expert.