Speaker 1: I was gonna ask you if you think I can pull off a headband.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's not a headband. That's like a that's like a No.
Speaker 1: It's a thick Well, it's not a rap. It's a I have long hair now, and before you it's not like a do rag. What are you laughing at?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 4: Press record?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, it's not a do rag.
Speaker 2: It's I didn't think it was a do rag. It looks more like a like you know, when young ladies go out but they haven't got their hair, did they put something over it? Not necessarily a do rag, but like a it's something that keeps the hair back tight and everything like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or what or what? Ladies are taking off their makeup and they put this to keep their hair off their face.
Speaker 4: Yes, it looks like that.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying now, I'm not saying it's just made for ladies. I'm sure it was not working.
Speaker 1: Out all right.
Speaker 2: Right now your face is pulled so far back that you look like you might have gotten a little botox and it that's how.
Speaker 1: I'll be the first to admit that I'm not sure if I can pull it off. You never ever buy something and you're auditioning how you feel about it.
Speaker 2: No, I don't have the luxury of doing that. I try that shit on at the store.
Speaker 1: So it's aheadband, probably because eight bucks. But I'm trying out to see if I because I have long hair now, I've had a haircut in a very long time. My hair is always in my face.
Speaker 4: Here's a problem.
Speaker 1: I usually rock at baseball hat. I'm trying to shake it up, but I don't know that it's working, and especially with all this judgment, I don't know if it's gonna stay around.
Speaker 2: Here's the problem with you know, getting things in the mail and stuff like that, trying things on and you gotta send it back, and sending it back takes way more effort then it would if you just went to the store and you tried it on at the store. You got to go to the freaking post office or the wherever you get wherever you send your stuff out. You got to get a box. It has to get weighed. There's so many things that come. I would prefer if I was gonna get something like that to not have to return it.
Speaker 4: But I would have stayed.
Speaker 2: I mean, you like it, so it's all good. But if you didn't like it. It would have been a pain in the ass for you to take that.
Speaker 1: Well, I hear what you're saying about more expensive things. I wouldn't have returned this tiny piece of cloth. I would have handed it off to my girlfriend and said, use this for your makeup. I don't know, but I'm trying it out because listen, I'm working out, as you know. Yeah, and my hair is everywhere. My hair is very long, so I'm trying to get it off off, you know, out out of my way.
Speaker 4: It looks good. I'm not gonna look.
Speaker 1: A lie and I don't I feel I feel you.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie to you. It looks good. It makes you look so much younger.
Speaker 1: You feel your judgment. So I feel my skin backs like botox.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I feel like when said quarantine is over, you should test that out on the masses and wear that out.
Speaker 1: I don't think people. I think our next said it's my Girlfriendity said, it's like it's very broie, it's like a bro thing. I didn't like that adjective.
Speaker 4: Oh, well, you know, bro. Did you know that places like Hoboken they call it hope Hoe broken broken? No hole broken like home broken bros. There's a lot of bros.
Speaker 1: And hope it's always been a lot of bro It's like a lot of college kid bro baseball head backwards.
Speaker 2: No, not bro broken. That's what they call it, bro broken, bro Boken, bro broken?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because you you lived there, right for.
Speaker 2: Like a half a year. I lived in Jersey and all I heard was you going to bro Boken?
Speaker 1: Dude, where would you go out when you were like going for drinks with friends? Would you go to bro Boken?
Speaker 4: No, I was chilling downtown Jersey City.
Speaker 1: Oh, in house, Jersey City. I've never I've never had a drink in Jersey City in my life.
Speaker 2: Well, Jersey City is gentrified. Apparently, Jersey City used to be a very very different neighborhood than how it is now, and gentrification happened, and it was a bunch of warehouses also, so like if you lived in Jersey City, you lived amongst warehouses, and.
Speaker 1: So now it's like and stuff.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So bro Boken, Yes, best I've ever had in Jersey Okay, the name of the place is called Saku. Saku, Yeah, in Jersey City. Or where was your or your or I should say Hoboken.
Speaker 1: And where was your favorite bar in Jersey City if people want to go, do you remember the name?
Speaker 4: Well, I soakkued out. I would. I would go to Saku like all the time.
Speaker 2: My favorite, Oh boy, Sarah, my favorite bar to go to, however, in Jersey City was definitely I would. I would find myself at Hudson Hall.
Speaker 1: Hudson Hall. All right, Well, if you're in Jersey City, everybody support Jersey bars and go to Hudson Hall and ask them where Donald Faison sat and you can rub your cheeks on the stool.
Speaker 2: Well you could do that, That's that's fine, or you could just go and have a drink.
Speaker 4: Tell them I sent you Sarah.
Speaker 1: It is your audio work.
Speaker 4: Now, No, it does not. It doesn't.
Speaker 1: My god, Dan, Dan, you guys, I want you to know that Dan had a private session with Sarah this time to talk her through her audio. And I don't know what it is, but she's just, I think it's safe to say, not tech savvy.
Speaker 2: She has to have some skill when it comes to tech. She does voice over.
Speaker 1: She had a prime I know, how about the Rick and Morty people don't have to put up with this?
Speaker 5: Okay, Now I'm I'm plugging the headphones. Do you hear me?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Okay? Good?
Speaker 4: Perfect?
Speaker 5: For the love? Okay, damn damn record. Can you please edit this out?
Speaker 4: I cannot do it this.
Speaker 2: Way request as a matter of FACTO six seven stories. I'm not sure we made about a bunch of dogs and nurses and.
Speaker 4: He's the stories, not loss. So YadA YadA here.
Speaker 1: Good do you want to do?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: You know what you didn't You didn't deserve it, you don't deserve it. Well, see how you perform on the show and if you're if you're good enough, we'll let you do the end one.
Speaker 5: So much pressure. Okay, is anyone else hearing opera?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, something's playing music.
Speaker 5: This is incredible, deal with it.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe on the iTunes app on your iPad someone accidentally hit opera.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's weird. That totally fixed it. That totally, that totally fixed it. But it was a Peppa Pig episode. I didn't know they did Opera and Peppa Pig.
Speaker 1: But oh, oh my god, Peppa Pig has made a return in the house.
Speaker 4: I thought we were doing with Peppa Pig.
Speaker 1: Such, Dan, will you tell people that don't have children, what the hell pep Pepper Pig is.
Speaker 2: A British show cartoon about a pig named Pepper, and it starts off high, I'm Pepper Pig. This is my brother George, this is Mommy Pig, and this is Daddy Pig. And each time she introduces one of the pigs, right, well, Susie, she's her best friend. Every time they introduce one of the pigs, they snort. So, I'm Peppa Pig, this is my brother George, this is Mommy pig, and this is a daddy pick.
Speaker 1: It's okay, And what are they going? I'm assuming they're going adventures.
Speaker 4: No, they go to school.
Speaker 2: It's like a kids show for it's like to help with etiquette, and you know, like how you're supposed to react to helps you. It helps you to react like Peppa and her family do to certain things.
Speaker 1: Well, because they're like proper, they're good.
Speaker 2: They're like, no, it's not that well, I mean, I guess you could say British folks are proper.
Speaker 4: That's that's one way.
Speaker 1: Well, I just mean like they have good etiquette, they have good manners, right.
Speaker 2: They definitely have good like you can't jump in muddy puddles unless you wear your boots.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's one of the main phrases, jumping up and down in mudy.
Speaker 2: Splash splash gosh.
Speaker 6: But also it's incredibly funny, as most British humor is. And like my fourteen year old nephew, who I'll never be as cool as him ever, was watching Peppa Pig with with Frankie, who was three at the time, and he was like, yeah, you gotta get over here, you gotta come watch this. It was like the most I was doubled over. I'm sending you, guys the link, and you're not going to believe the humor in this.
Speaker 4: It's sorry, we already know the humor.
Speaker 5: And Pepper Pig, oh my god, the one about where she can't whistle. She's like whistling like this and hangs it right up on Susie sheep.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's cold, it's amazing.
Speaker 5: I'm sending it. Okay, So Trader Joe's, Yes, Trader Joe's.
Speaker 6: They do not have a Trader Joe's here, and people, all of my friends drive over the border to go get Trader Joe's and back. But they also there's a company that was like some article about what.
Speaker 1: I was telling everyone while you while you were While you were doing this, there was a there was a store that was like, fuck it, We're just gonna make our own store. They went across the border blunt ship and just sold the ship at their store.
Speaker 5: Right, what was it called Trader had I can't remember very long time.
Speaker 1: Ago, Trader Jane or something totally.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know it's a it's a whole Uh, it's a whole thing. Tiny.
Speaker 1: How long and how long do you How long will it take would it take you wherever you are to get in the United States across the border?
Speaker 5: Oh it's not long, like two hours.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so you're not that far.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, we missed you.
Speaker 1: We were taught. We've been talking about how we never see you and we miss your face.
Speaker 5: I miss you guys too.
Speaker 2: We got together on zoom. No, look at this, the band's back together on Zoom.
Speaker 5: The band is back together.
Speaker 6: We can't do our handshake virtually Donald and make zact jealous.
Speaker 5: He doesn't like our handshake.
Speaker 1: I think I think he had it just jealous. I never you whenever people do those like epically long handshakes. I I frowned, but only because I I've never been involved with one. And I couldn't possibly remember it, so maybe I'm just jealous.
Speaker 2: I have a very long one with Sarah Chuck, and I have a very long one with Breck and Meyer. Those are the only two handshakes that I have in my life where I'm like Jesus is a long ass handshake.
Speaker 1: Could you and Sarah get right back into it without fault right now?
Speaker 7: You think, oh fuck, you get a girl.
Speaker 5: Running man, you get it.
Speaker 1: We were talking to the last episode about your epic. We were talking about your epic I told you so dance and how long it was.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that's so funny.
Speaker 6: People send me that different moments in my life over social media.
Speaker 5: That was one of those fun times on scrubs, Like what a unique job. When did you get to do this?
Speaker 6: Where Bill was just like the line in the scripts that I told you so, and he said instead of saying that, just make up like a song and a dance, And I told you so song and dance. And it's such a you know, it's not frequently you have to do that on his job, so it's fun.
Speaker 4: Well, do you remember getting down into the splits?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's hard to get out of them. I remember getting down into it and being like and I'm stunne.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, there's some video I think on one of the gag reels where people can watch on YouTube if if you're interested, where Saray just kept going and going and going with her I told you so dance and they only could put a short piece of it in the show, but it like it went on for like a full minute.
Speaker 6: I think, oh, yeah, they didn't cut, so I just kept going and then brought in some French and German like I told you so in German, which is yeah, they kept kazakt because obviously after being tortured going to German school twice a week from my entire upbringing, anytime I can, you know, feel that it's actually it's only been useful in scrubs.
Speaker 5: That's the only time I've ever used my German.
Speaker 4: Really. Yeah, we go to international upfronts and stuff like that. It was always yeah.
Speaker 1: When you do press, you must be very popular with the French and German press, I would think, because Saray is fully tri lingual.
Speaker 5: Not anymore I was as a French.
Speaker 6: I still I can speak, but after my grandmother died, we don't really speak German anymore. So I've lost so much of it, but I uh, but French I still have because that was you know, all day, every day school was in French, like math, science, pe everything.
Speaker 1: I'm so jealous of people I speak multiple languages.
Speaker 4: I wish I could speak multiple languages. Man.
Speaker 2: Like I tried to get the Rosetta Stone and I failed at it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: But I failed at it.
Speaker 1: No, you didn't fail out, you just didn't commit Donald.
Speaker 2: That's that that that you know what, that's a better way to look at it. That's a that's a that's a better way to look at it.
Speaker 1: But you know, I probably could have been great at basketball if I dedicated a lot of time to it. I mean, I'm not saying I would have been, like had natural super skills, but I always think of it like like, you know, it's what you dedicate time and focus and energy to.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely right, because I know a lot of people who didn't play sports growing up and put a lot of energy into sports when they got older, meaning like tennis or golf or something like that, and now they are very good at those sports.
Speaker 1: Right. I just I just want to clarify for yourself, for your own psyche that you could probably be You could easily become bilingual if you cared enough to if you dedicated the hours you dedicate to animation to learning the language.
Speaker 4: I probably, I probably would be fluent.
Speaker 1: What language would you choose? What language?
Speaker 4: I could choose a language, Hm, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: I would choose Spanish because here we are living in California and it feels like makes the most sense to be able to speak with so many Spanish speakers that are here.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Spanish is a good one. Uh wow. Also probably a good one. Now, French is a good one.
Speaker 2: But if I could choose, I would want to choose something that's like out of the ordinary.
Speaker 4: Hebrew, I would I would love to learn. That would be great.
Speaker 1: Actually, oh my god, you speaking Hebrew in Israel would be one of the one of the most amazing things. Can you just do it, please, We'll do it together. We'll do it together.
Speaker 4: That would be great.
Speaker 2: Well, so, Sarah, we were talking about sports stuff like.
Speaker 4: That, learns and stuff. I know you wanted to say something.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Oh no, I just want to say two things.
Speaker 6: One that yes, Donald pick a language and absolutely master it in.
Speaker 5: Terms of languages.
Speaker 6: I kind of cheated because I was a kid, and I feel as a kid, it's like it just insert. It's like a gift into your brain. It's so easy, and it's an adulthood so much harder. But sports, I'm I'm living proof that what Zach just said is not true about you could play basketball and become really good. I devoted so much time in my youth to basketball. It's all I wanted, and I wanted it's so bad. And I tried out for the basketball team in grade five, grade six, grade seven, I was at our neighbor's hoop in the pouring rain in Canada, practicing every day. And then tryouts for grade seven basketball came and I was like, this is my year. The basketball came from across the court, hit me wear in the face and started a series of like crazy nosebleeds that lasted for months until I got my nose cutterize. But anyways, I kept trying out for the team, and I kept practicing, and I'd take like camps and I would I would try so hard. And finally, in grade ten, and I was still the shortest kid in the class, I grew and I was like really like eighteen or something.
Speaker 5: So I finally made the team.
Speaker 6: And Blake, who you both met, who's my brother in law, was two years older and was my coach and makes fun of me till this day. And I made the team, but I spent the whole time on the bench. But I was like, I didn't care because I had a jersey and I was on the team and I was getting on the bus with all of my buddies to go to the game, and that's all I wanted. And we had a really good team. And they would put me on a center forward as like a joke when we were beating the other team like seventy to four, and I'd be like jumping, try like and I was all effort, no skill, so trying so hard.
Speaker 4: And just yeah, well, you know what, you made the team.
Speaker 2: So all of that practice off and you got to run up and down a couple of for a couple of minutes during every game that year.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I don't think a lot of people say, and I'm including myself in this, like oh I suck at that, Oh I suck at that. Oh I can't cook, Oh I can't drive a motorcycle. Oh I can't play basketball, and it's like, no, well, maybe you're not amazing at it, but you never dedicated any fucking time to trying.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, there is that, there is there is that. There is that.
Speaker 2: Like I say all the time, I can't write, and I'm gonna be honest with you, I can imagine so much, and I can and I can and I can come up with so many stories.
Speaker 4: You know what. I've never done.
Speaker 2: No, you know what, I've never practiced trying to write it into trying to write it down. I've always worked well, I've got this idea and somebody's like, oh, you should write it down, and I'm like, oh, no, I'm not a writer. How would I ever know if I don't sit down and I put the pin to pad.
Speaker 1: Of course, just to just imagine something you love, like in your case would be animation or basketball or golf. Imagine all those hours you had been in a writing class, right, you know it would probably be a fucking amazing writer, right right, or or or or practicing not just sitting in a class.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like you said, I would learn how to write. That doesn't necessarily mean I'd be a great writer. I might not be great at it. But I would be able to understand structure, and I would understand you know how to tell us.
Speaker 1: You would still get way better. You would get way better even if no matter where you're starting it, will you become the greatest writers of all time? No, but if you but you'd be, you'd I guarantee you, with practice, you'd be. You'd be pretty darn good.
Speaker 6: I feel like, you know, you get you get put in a box as a kid of the things you can and can't do so early.
Speaker 5: And you know, for me, that was singing.
Speaker 6: I was in grade five and missus McKinnon was like, chalk girls, just mouth the words for this performance to my sister and I when we were singing Christmas carols in a mall for like some school, not a fancy choir, like a school choir. And I feel like it was like that moment where I love nothing more.
Speaker 5: Than musical theater and was doing musical theater.
Speaker 6: After school, and it just completely shut me down and put me in this box of like, oh that's something that I can't do, so I stopped working at it and learning and trying.
Speaker 4: And who knows where you would have gotten if you would have kept going.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you could have been adele Epinine in Lamis on the Broadway.
Speaker 4: Well you think it's you think?
Speaker 2: I remember a kid I went to school with could not really sing that well.
Speaker 4: He could barely hold the tune, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Uh, but he could play the piano really really well right when he graduated. He's gone on now to write songs. He performs all the time. He's an amazing artist, you know what I mean. But I remember when he couldn't sing, and he could sing his ass off now, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So cool.
Speaker 2: My little brother Olami day when he was in a band called Imagine. When he auditioned for the band Imagine, he he sang show tunes because that's all he knew. I think his audition was something like, you know the song of Peter I Won't Grow Up. I think that was his audition for the band, and they were like, well, the kid can the kid can hold a tune, Let's see if we can work with him.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: My little brother, he has music that he works on all the time and he tries to get it out and he's you know, he's doing his thing as a musician, and he's a very good singer and he sings, if you ask me, he sings better than a lot of these motherfuckers out right now.
Speaker 1: But that's just how do how do we hear his music?
Speaker 2: Plus, yeah, we'll shout him out at jol LAMI day. Why oh H O L A M I d E. I think that's it, you know, to be honest with you, I wasn't expecting to shout him out like that, but I think that's his handle on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh. And if it's novel, fix it, we'll fix it. If it's not.
Speaker 2: Anyway, he worked really hard to get where he was, so I understand, I understand the premise. That doesn't necessarily mean you're gonna be the greatest.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying. I'm just saying. An epiphany I had in my own life, you know, in my in my twenties, was you know, stop saying you suck at X, Y and Z. And you know it's not that you don't, but it's because you haven't dedicated any interest. And it comes to any time and it becomes it comes with interest. So the things that we're all interested in in our own lives, our own hobbies and things outside of being an actor will dedicate countless hours to for me, and one of my hobbies is photography. I will be online looking at cameras and playing with new cameras, you know, for endless hours. Now I could be dedicating that time to something else and get quite good at that thing. So it's just foolish to say, like, oh, I suck at that. You might, but it's not because you you it's in your bones. It's because you didn't dedicate any commitment to time. That's all.
Speaker 4: I'm right.
Speaker 2: I agree with that one hundred And that also goes for learning lines also, yes, sure, just putting it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Donald always used to say, and always does, say, oh I can't learn lines. That's bullshit. You were fucking high watching basketball.
Speaker 4: That was That was honest. That's the honest to goodness truth.
Speaker 2: And when I stopped doing all of that, I found that learning lines was.
Speaker 4: Actually very easy to do. When you just look.
Speaker 2: If you can't learn it in two hours, there's something wrong, you know what I mean? You should really think about finding other exercises to do when it comes to line learning.
Speaker 1: That is, it's just a matter of practice. For me. By the way, we should just Sarah before we get in the episode how is your quarantine going? You're up in Canada still, I assume.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I'm up in Canada. And it's you know, it's like a never ending roller coaster. We're doing pretty good. We've had like a little bit you know, cod people get sick and then obviously that's not a fun time because every you know, anytime you get any sybtom right now, it's terrifying and uh, and just trying to find ways to keep the kids positive and occupied. And I feel like it's, you know, it's a constant game, uh with your own brain to just you know, keep focused on positive stuff.
Speaker 2: And are they opening schools back up in Canada yet?
Speaker 5: They are?
Speaker 6: They sent out a survey to say, you know, would you send your kids back? And I answered back, I would not, could not in a boat. I would not, could not with a goat. Right.
Speaker 4: It's kind of hard to do that right now. That's the one thing that's you.
Speaker 2: Know, that's the that's the one thing that I I don't know that I could do that. You know I could, I can't. I know, I don't. I shouldn't say I don't know. I know that I wouldn't. I'm not ready for that yet.
Speaker 1: But they're not doing that this school year, right The talk, if anything, would be the fall August.
Speaker 4: Some schools are already back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, school, my kids schools are back, and you know, I feel like it's you know, part of which is the message they were putting out there was there's absolutely a need for some kids to go back to school, So please if you can keep your kids home, to make more space for the kids who have to go back, so that there can be social distancing as opposed to like, do you want to send your kids back?
Speaker 5: It should be I think a little more focused.
Speaker 6: On the goal of keeping the numbers small still for the people that have to go back because they need to go back, or because their parents are working on the front line or whatever.
Speaker 1: It is, Right, Sarah, forgive me for not knowing this, but has Canada been hit I mean I know it per capita obviously, but has it been hit as hard as the United States has been hit with it? I don't think so.
Speaker 6: Right, No, the numbers on the West coast are a lot better than the numbers on the East Coast right now, and I think that, you know, part of that is the west coast of Canada. Their spring break was a little bit sooner it hit. Their first to the West coast had a bit more benefit of time in terms of locking down a bit earlier in terms of when the virus arrived.
Speaker 5: And and I think it's.
Speaker 6: It's obviously less densely populated, and so I think part of it is just luck. Part of it's so social distancing. But the numbers have been have been lower.
Speaker 1: And the borders aren't open yet. Right like you you, well, you might be able to because you have dual citizenship, Right you can, but if you don't have dual citizenship, you can't get into the United States.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: Nope, they're still closed. I don't know what their plans are for that.
Speaker 2: I miss you guys too, and you guys have been keeping me entertained and.
Speaker 1: Happy are you because we had to prove around. I don't know if you heard the episode with Randall, but he tried to act like he was listening and then he said three two one and he got out in.
Speaker 6: No, I've been listening. I haven't heard all of them. I've heard a bunch of them, and it's making me so happy. And I can't believe how much you guys remember, and it's so fun to just, especially in a time like this, like go back into that, go back.
Speaker 5: Into that headspace. And we had I just we had so much fun. We had so many fucking laughs, and I yeah, all of it. Like Donald singing Sanford and Son.
Speaker 2: The other day, you know what it is, Well, you know what it is. I was hanging out with Paul Rudd and Alicia Silverstone and Breck and Meyer doing a Clueless reunion like a year and a half ago or something like that, right, And Paul said something that was very very interesting. He was like, we have history together, you know what I mean. So because we have history together, it's so easy to fall back into where we were when we were working on Scrubs, right, he was, he was saying, we're clueless. He was like, we had such a great time and it was such a big opportunity for all of us, and it turned into something so big that when we see each other, you can't help but reminisce and feel all of those great feelings that you had when shit jumped off, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think also, you know, when we did this show, we didn't have all these years of knowing just how special it really was. I mean, we've all done plenty of jobs since and continue to work and will till till our dying day. But I think when I watched these episodes back and I talk to you guys, and it's great seeing everyone. Now we're doing the show. We see you say, we saw Johnny C. We see people that we don't see all the time. It's it's even bringing back more nostalgia for me because I'm going, Wow, what a what a unique time this was to not only do something for so long, but to create this wonderful bond with these with these people. And it's you know, a lot of jobs as an actor that you do. They're fun and everyone's cool and it works or it doesn't, but it isn't such a special thing where where you have these lifelong bonds with people.
Speaker 5: It's so true, is it was?
Speaker 6: It was it was our twenties, right like it was our twenties. It was such a formative time I think too in our lives. And then for it to be on such a special show. And yeah, like you guys were saying, like no real being adults, like how fucking rare that is? And to have you know, I mean, we would we would spend It was like you guys were talking about with Randall, It's like we would spend sixteen twenty hours shooting. We would go overtime that people don't never do anymore, and then we would go with the whole crew to the Money Tree, you know, on a Friday night. We would have wine and cheese Fridays. I mean we've literally just spent like over one hundred hours together and then, you know, and then are still hanging out or would hang out on the weekends, and I think.
Speaker 1: I mean really all eat lunch together. I mean, I don't know if you guys now nowadays on sets, people are like, all right, later, it's like lunch trailer.
Speaker 4: I go right to my trailer.
Speaker 1: But we used to every single day for nine for eight years, have lunch together.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, it's so.
Speaker 5: It's so, it's so rare. I was working on a job like a year ago, and I just I.
Speaker 6: Was new there, and I just grabbed my train and went down and sat with the crew and a couple of guys that I'd worked with years and years ago.
Speaker 5: And somebody said like, oh, actually, just go to the trailer.
Speaker 6: And I was like, Oh, that's not how that's not how I grew up. That's not what I enjoy and.
Speaker 5: It was Yeah, I don't know if you guys remember, but Carrie Bennett.
Speaker 6: Our amazing costume designer who had her own life fabulous scrubs.
Speaker 4: I definitely remember Carrie Bennett.
Speaker 5: I think, oh god, she is so great. So she she she'd.
Speaker 6: Say to me, you know, after lunch, she was like, Sarah, I don't want to say this, but we're running out of scrubs, of your scrubs, and we we we just need to. We're going to give you this art smock as a as a giant bib, and you've got.
Speaker 5: To wear it to the lunch tent. And I was like, you're kidding me, right, Carrie.
Speaker 6: She's like, no, no, just like wear it and then it will protect the scrubs, these beautiful baby blue scrubs from the chili stain. And so I did, and it was kind of humiliating, and I was super proud.
Speaker 5: I came back from lunch and I'm like.
Speaker 6: Carrie, And then I had taken a quick disco nap in my dressing room and I fell asleep on a sharpie and so these baby blue scrubs that were like pristine on the front, had like a sharply stain in the size of a grapefruit on.
Speaker 1: The Buttah, is it okay to tell everyone that you're not necessarily the tidiest person?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I forgot about that. Your dressing room, Oh my, how did you find anything?
Speaker 1: And never you've never seen anything like it? People?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's right. Come along.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know, do you guys?
Speaker 6: Remember I moved dressing rooms because I was between your two dressing rooms at the right end of the hallway. And then in whatever season that Heather Graham came on, she was coming for eight episodes, and they made her a really nice dressing and they brought in like new carpeting and they painted.
Speaker 5: They brought in this cute little couch and it was.
Speaker 6: Smaller than a dress, but it was so pretty, and so when she left they let me have it. So I ended up switching over the Heather's dressing.
Speaker 1: That's so funny. They fixed up a dressing room because how their graam was coming. And then when she left, you were like, can I have it? And they were like sure, Like, don't funk up that. After all this time, you didn't get that dressing room.
Speaker 4: Well, that's you moved across the hall. That's right, you moved to the other side.
Speaker 5: Oh but okay, yes I did.
Speaker 6: And And as more proof that I've been listening to your podcast, Johnny C.
Speaker 5: I was laughing so hard.
Speaker 6: He was like, he was like, remember we had we each got fifteen hundred dollars from Disney every year to improve our dressing rooms.
Speaker 1: I was like, hell no, I remember just going I remember I remember going into South. Donald didn't have much to core and he would just like like whatever whatever the latest video game system and the controllers everywhere, and then and then Sarah looked like an exploded. There was just like shit everywhere.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it kind of was a teenager. I mean, when I look back at those episodes, we were.
Speaker 1: Babies, like, but you were in your twenties.
Speaker 4: You weren't a teenager kidding, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: And then Zach your your dressing room looked like fucking you would walk in and it would smell good. You had freaking art on the wall and ship like that fixed it up.
Speaker 1: I was there, not I was there my whole life. I thought it had to be a little bit nice. But I want everyone to realize these are still hospital rooms. Okay, these are small hospital rooms that basically just had some Ikea furniture and a fresh code of paint. But you still have you.
Speaker 4: Changed your shit up a little bit more than just Ikea furniture.
Speaker 2: Like they were like, Zach, here's your room, and you were like, no, we got to fix it.
Speaker 4: Hold on now, hold hold on?
Speaker 1: Where did you get this?
Speaker 4: Where did you get this furniture from?
Speaker 2: I kia, no, no, no, no, We're gonna have to get pottery barn like you.
Speaker 1: It was not as nice as pottery varn it. I think it was all rental ship. So every year they bring you in like how about this couch, and you'd be like no, and then you just go to the rental house and be like how about this one. It was just like some bullshit.
Speaker 6: I'm learning so much. I a never got the fifteen hundred Johnny, so.
Speaker 4: I never had someone.
Speaker 5: I never had someone say how about this couch. I was just whatever coach was in there till I took Heather Grahms.
Speaker 1: I mean, in mind, if I was there the most hours of the day, so I did. I did occasionally like I'm gonna need to nap so I'm gonna I.
Speaker 2: Do remember saying I do remember going up to somebody and being like, listen, I don't want to be a pain in the ass or anything like that, but my couch is made out of like, uh, it's like Dan Derry or whatever this shit is, and it's really hard on my face and it's really hot. Is there a way we could find something that's a little.
Speaker 4: Bit more cooler?
Speaker 2: Uh? And not cooler like uh, like aesthetically cooler, but cooler, like keeps your body cool cooler.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be a pain in the ass, but is there any way this could happen?
Speaker 2: And I remember them being like, hmm, let me talk to somebody about this.
Speaker 5: We'll see you're talking about you can have her couch.
Speaker 4: But maybe Zex's Like they would be like, here's a couch. What do you think of this couch?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, care about this?
Speaker 1: Like you should have been like you should have been like Heather Graham would like me to have a nicer couch. Should we get into the episode, guys, absolutely, I know you both have I know you both have children that need tending.
Speaker 2: To, so should before we get to eat?
Speaker 1: Yes, we are going to break Sarah, would you like to throw to break?
Speaker 4: No, break.
Speaker 1: To break God Sarah to the episode break No Sorry, do it again?
Speaker 5: Go ahead, We're going to break.
Speaker 1: Welcome back. We're here with Sarah Schalk, the legendary Canadian. I would say America's favorite Canadian. I used to call her Canada's Britney Spears. Maybe Ryan Reynolds might be slightly more popular than you, but that's it. Other than him, maybe Michael J. Fox, that's it.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe Brogan Maybe.
Speaker 1: Oh he's Canadian Sthrogan.
Speaker 4: Ye maybe Ryan? Maybe Ryan got.
Speaker 1: Stop bringing bringing Sarah down on the list. In my heart, In my heart, Sarah, you're number one, number one Canadian.
Speaker 5: That means a lot.
Speaker 4: All right, let's got how about this. You're one of my favorite human beings on the planet. How about that's true?
Speaker 1: That's true. And so when you when I see your face, I automatically smile. Put it that way. That's the highest compliment I can give someone. I see your face and I smile.
Speaker 5: I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Donald directed by Adam Bernstein and written by Matt Tarses. That's a power team right there. Those are two all stars.
Speaker 2: That's a good I knew that was there was a reason why I really liked this episode.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a lot of good there's a lot of good stuff in it. But for those of you, uh who don't know at home, those we've been talking about them. But Adam Bernstein directed the pilot Baby Sta and also the music video for Babies Got Back. If you want to see some of his finest work, and which involves a giant ass, I mean the set Adams Adam's choice. Adam's vision for the Baby's Got Back video was to just build an enormous ass. If you don't believe me, look it up on YouTube. These dancers dance around a huge ass.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I wonder this did Adam Bernstein direct Sir mix a Lot's follow up to Baby Got Back?
Speaker 4: Put it on a glass?
Speaker 1: Very good question, Joel, would you mind listening that up? No, Bill won't know, but Joel can look it up. Joel, Joel, who is the genius a toeur behind put it on the glass? Was it indeed Adam Bernstein or not? Now? Donald, what are they putting on the glass? Their boobs are their bums, they're boobs. Oh, they're putting their boobs on the glass.
Speaker 4: So he went from Baby got Back to put it on a glass?
Speaker 1: Can you imagine the meeting that he's like, can you imagine like they're like, sir, mix a loot comes in and he's like, Hi, I have a song I want to do about the love for my children. And they're like, ah, no, we were thinking more along the lines put him on the glass.
Speaker 2: I want to follow up baby, but got back with a song that's really dear to me.
Speaker 1: It's about connection to my spirituality and my love of my parents.
Speaker 2: And and and right, no, mix a lot. We were thinking, sir, do you think they call them sir? Sir, sir, sir, sir, mix a lot.
Speaker 4: We were.
Speaker 1: We were thinking, Babies Back sold so well.
Speaker 2: So many records. Yes, and it's only right that we follow up with put them on the glass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're you're focusing on the tushes. We mean millions. What if you did something about putting boobies on windshields? I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I don't know that put him on the glass was as big as Baby Got Back though.
Speaker 1: Now wait, I have a question, Donald, it was put him on the glass specifically about putting breasts on a windscreen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like on a windshield. Yeah, so like I think, what was.
Speaker 1: Sir mix a lot asking of the women in specific?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but all I know is the hook was like put him on the glass.
Speaker 4: And I remember being like.
Speaker 1: What a different what a different era? A right, Joela's era, Joelle's fact checking? Who directed that? And if you don't know what we're talking about, you really need to look up these music videos. I used to pa on music videos back in the day, and uh, you know, it was a different era. I mean people actually watched music videos back then.
Speaker 2: You remember, Yeah, dude, I remember, I remember music video, I remember MTV. What I really remember is the Box and that was when you got to call in and make your video request.
Speaker 4: Canada had the Box for a while.
Speaker 2: Y'all also had other things that look, here's what was dope about just shouting out your home.
Speaker 1: Country or high.
Speaker 2: Well de Grossi Junior high, Degrassi High Yo, MTV raps.
Speaker 4: But there was another one. It was like music Box or some shit like that.
Speaker 2: I forget the name of it, but it was like, all right, So when I was a kid, be Et had uh Rap City.
Speaker 4: Oh was that? Yeah? That was b Et?
Speaker 2: I think, yes, right, and so uh, Canada also had a rap city also, and it would be Canadian artists.
Speaker 4: And that's how I learned that.
Speaker 2: About learned about CARDINALI Fischal and all of these Toronto artists and stuff like that. Anyway, if you had cable when you were a kid, you could get Canadian television, and on Canadian television they would play.
Speaker 4: Da Grassi Junior High, the Grassy High and uh.
Speaker 5: Wat, you can't do that on television.
Speaker 1: I remember, you can't do that on television.
Speaker 5: Yakistan Lockers wasn't that, yes.
Speaker 1: And Sarah wasn't that? Wasn't that the show where if you if you said, I don't know, they dropped green Ship on you.
Speaker 2: Now that's something on Nickel. I thought that was a Nickelodeon. Nickelodeon, I thought that was a Nickelodeon. My point is, my point is, you guys had some pretty dope television to watch its kids.
Speaker 4: Man, they did with some serious shit on De Grossi.
Speaker 2: Man, it wasn't like the usual, you know, it wasn't Saved by the Bell where Shorty got hooked on freaking caffeine pills.
Speaker 4: On De Grossi.
Speaker 2: That motherfucker got hooked on meth. Like shit, like that, like on like straight up pills, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it was Drac. Was Drake a leading character on de Grassi or like.
Speaker 2: That was we were older by the time Drake was on de Grassi, they weren't, you know, some of the original casts had come back and they were like the teachers on they were like speeching Belding type shit.
Speaker 1: I see.
Speaker 2: But when it comes to when it came to like there was a girl on the show who got pregnant and junior high school or something like that and goes into high school. I think her name was Caitlin or something like that. She goes to high school and she got a baby and stuff. I don't remember listen, I don't remember it well, but I just remember it was like, these are more realistic problems that youth are going through right now. When I would watch de Grossi and stuff like that. Watching compared to watching Saved by the Bell or you know, City High or or you know, Hang Time.
Speaker 4: Y'all had the freaking real deal. Holy feel.
Speaker 2: Things happened to kids and also interracial relationships, all types of ship on that ship, you know.
Speaker 4: I just remember. I remember, well, well.
Speaker 1: Let's drive in Donald at fifty seconds you vacuum Rowdy. Yeah, that's the best part of the episode.
Speaker 5: I have an mark that one.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's the only time. I think we don't have to ask the scrubswikie guy. I'm pretty sure it's the only time in nine years Rowdy's ever been vacuumed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know it can get just because it's dead. I mean, I guess it can't get fleas, can't it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if dead animals can get fleas. Joe, Well, I know you're working on the put them on the glass, but I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: So let me ask you this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm okay, I know both of you do. I love my parents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was having them around.
Speaker 4: I was having them around, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So when watching this and they're like and and Turk and Elliott and j d are trying to avoid their parents, I was like, I don't necessarily, I don't necessarily fall in line with this. I don't necessarily, you know, I'd love my mom and when my dad are around me, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: I know. And I was thinking this. I know you all, you both so well, and I know that you both are very close with your family and your parents, and as you know, I am the same way. And it's funny that the writers, we'll blame Matt Sarsis since he's uh, you know, credited as the head writer on this episode. You know, there wasn't like a varying point of view that the whole episode versal truth parents suck.
Speaker 5: I know totally. I got very lucky in the parent department as well.
Speaker 6: And so yeah, that moment when when Kadie walks up and Donald and I are so bummed, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You're crying, You're literally you're you're comforting each other. And then I come and hug Donald because he's so sad that his mom. Now, by the way, Hattie Winston played your mom.
Speaker 4: Yeah she did. Let's give a shout out to Hattie Winston.
Speaker 1: And she was very funny and very lovable. I mean, I guess she's supposed to be that she gives you a lot of ship, but I mean I didn't buy that she was the pain of the ad. She was. She was lovable and fun.
Speaker 4: Right, do you remember Hattie Winston from our youth?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: What was she on the Electric Company with Morgan Freeman back in it. They do remember the Electric Company?
Speaker 1: Yes? I do.
Speaker 4: Do you remember the Bloodhound? Get was it in?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 1: You guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I forget this. Come along now, that's a great space coaster I'm thinking of. Sure, remember a great space coaster anyway, Hattie wins An Electric Company, Morgan Freeman Electric Company, it's.
Speaker 1: The great space coaster.
Speaker 6: Coast conspicuously silent. Anytime you guys start singing, because I revert into this little show.
Speaker 1: Where the spear of this episode. You can't do that anymore.
Speaker 5: I can't do that.
Speaker 1: And I've always made fun of you for singing. But now that I've heard that it's a tender spot in your heart, I never will again. Kim oh boy.
Speaker 5: One of my favorite scenes was Hattie Winston and Judy.
Speaker 6: You know when when they first meet and Judy can just lays out, lays it all on the table. Oh, I just got the note from Joel put him on the glass?
Speaker 5: Is not Adam Bernstein?
Speaker 1: Okay, Sarah, the guest don't usually uh the producer's notes. That's usually for the two hosts. Sarah, you're the first guest that's had the audacity to read our producer's notes to us. I'm alright, you think that shows my comfort level.
Speaker 4: I'm alright with If you want to.
Speaker 1: Read handshake Donald Sarah, if you wouldn't mind closing the chat thing, because what if Joel's like, oh my god, shut Sarah up and then we you read it.
Speaker 4: Joel would never say anything.
Speaker 6: It's just in Sarah needs to stay talking from Joel.
Speaker 1: Sarah won't shut the fuck up. Please move on from this topic.
Speaker 6: Have her shortened her sentence answers?
Speaker 4: Shorter?
Speaker 5: Shorter is better? Shorter is better?
Speaker 1: God, I wish the audience could see. I wait before you say that. I wish the audience could see how Sarah has framed her her iPad. It's just though, like you know when you talk to you, you know when you talk to your grandparents, and all you see is like an eyebrow and maybe any ear. That's that's the camera shot we have with Sarah.
Speaker 8: That's because my laptop's broken some on an iPad, so it's precariously balanced on a tower of books and poker chips and a gift that's wrapped and balance counterbalance with a hot cup of scalding macha.
Speaker 1: How many different types of tea are in front of you on that table.
Speaker 6: So only one this cuple of macha. I have a few other beverages around me, those not tea. But as Donald was saying at the beginning that I like salad. I was telling my kids the other day because they were teasing me for how much I can keep making soup, and they're so tired of soup, and it's this soup and then that soup, and then I'm just trying to keep everybody healthy, and so I was explaining to them how my nickname on Scrubs, other than second Becky, was also soup for breakfast, because I would always have seaper breakfast.
Speaker 1: And also, sorry, the only person I know who would like make a tea and like bring it to the set or to her room and then have a few SIPs to that and then be like I'm going to go make a different flavored tea and then have won any hand and like just be bouncing between the flavor. I never met another human being who does that.
Speaker 5: It was double fisting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well do you remember Darla, our makeup artist, used to put post it notes on the makeup mirror and be like, please tomorrow beat this record and have less scalding beverages than you did today, because it'd be like fourteen and she'd be like, I'm tired of mopping your sweat from these hot drinks that you're drinking in the middle of summer in this poorly ventilated, air conditioned hospital.
Speaker 2: Listen, it was your it's your method, it's how you are, and nobody fought on how I do, how you do. I'm very familiar with how you do. Where did we get that from? All of a sudden that became something that we talked. He said all the time. I am now familiar with how you do.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm hearing you, and I'm familiar. I am familiar with how you do. All right, Well, let's talk about it. One oh four The legendary John Ritter Walks and John Ritter. We've all spoken about our love for John. I've spoken on the podcast before and uh, just in short, I loved this man so much. I grew up on Three's Company. It was sort of my introduction to physical comedy. I thought it was hilarious. I told you my embarrassing story about bringing it up at my dinner table. But I just loved this man so much. And uh, and when he came on to play my dad in this episode. I was I was just giddy. I think we all were.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, go ahead, sir.
Speaker 5: I couldn't believe it when I heard he was coming.
Speaker 6: I had I had worked with him when I was younger, when I did you know, A series of these Disease the Week movies that film up in Canada is what was filming here when I was growing up at the time. And this one movie the Week that I got to do with John Ritter that I will never forget. He was so kind to me. And I was this young kid, I think I was probably seventeen maybe.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 5: There was a power outage where I lived and my alarm didn't go off.
Speaker 6: And this has only happened to me twice once then and then one time on Scrubs that wasn't a poweredage.
Speaker 5: It was another situation when Michael J. Fox was working with us.
Speaker 6: And so I'm seventeen, my alarm doesn't go off with power outage, and where we're shooting is an hour and a half away, and John Ritter is John Ritter and so talented and this incredible actor and the lead of this and I'm playing his daughter, and I had this small part and I couldn't believe it. My phone rang and they're like, where are you? And it's obviously the worst feeling in the world. And I got in my car and I drove out there and he gave me a big hug and he's like, ah, happens to everybody, and told me this story and immediately made me okay about it as opposed to all of the other choices that he had And I will never forget that. And then obviously everything you said Zach about like, yeah, I mean growing up with Three's company and being in awe of him.
Speaker 1: And you know, Sarah, did you watch that show? I mean, it's funny because I were around the same age, and I feel like, I know Donald and I have referenced it a lot, but was that something in Canada you were watching?
Speaker 5: It was huge. It was huge. It was one of my sisters and my favorite shows. We would sit down and watch it.
Speaker 6: And it's like you said, too, like the physical comedy was so incredible on that show, and you know, we got a taste and a bit of an opportunity to try some physical comedy on Scrubs. That was actually one of my quarantine lessons we've been you know, trying to keep the kids busy and occupied during quarantine, and with me and my sister's kids, we have such a wide variety of ages, so we've been doing different things. And one of my lessons was pratfalls, and my three year old was just given her I mean, I just like put a stack of books on the ground and I was like, okay, so you're approaching, and the trick is to like make it look like you don't see it, so you turn away just at the last second, and I have to send you guys the video.
Speaker 5: I mean, Frankie just bailed, like just gives her bail.
Speaker 1: Did you give her up? Did you give her a mat? For God's sakes, we didn't have a mat.
Speaker 6: We had like kind of a rough carpet, so probably that would have been a better, you know, way to introduce pratfalls with a Matt.
Speaker 1: You're a very good physical comedian, Sarah. I think you're very good at prat falls.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 6: It was one of the funnest things we got to do on Scrubs, was like, you know, doing all of the stunts, and our favorite thing obviously was all of us, for all of us was to be like, let me try it. Let me try it, except for the best story I think of not wanting to try it was Bill asking Zach and I if we would bungee jump oh wow, and we both said no because we didn't want a bungee jump. And our stunt doubles met that day and my stunt doubles her first day ever doing a stunt, her first hunt ever, and they met and got fell in love and got married, and then for the run of the show was so cute.
Speaker 5: Our stunt doubles were married.
Speaker 1: Do you think they're still married?
Speaker 5: They're not.
Speaker 4: I will.
Speaker 1: You know, Sarah. I love how you were not gonna leave the audience with You're gonna leave them on the positive romantic comedy version what happened? But they bunge it again and I broke up.
Speaker 5: No, I don't know what happened.
Speaker 6: I just was on another job years and years later in New Orleans and your stunt double was working on it, and I asked him about my stunt double, and he said, we're no longer.
Speaker 5: I'm telling this terrible story now on this during darkness.
Speaker 1: But by the way, I love it because it's like we're all like, oh, and then they fall in love and they got married. Are they still married?
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no, no no, this is that. This is we're now talking after the credits have rolled. Man, everybody, everybody in all the movies, it always is gonna end great. You just don't see what happens after the credits the credits. They hate each other, you know, a few years later and they get divorced, and it's freaking ugly.
Speaker 1: I want to know what brought what broke them up?
Speaker 4: I wish you don't know.
Speaker 1: The past is gonna be as it was.
Speaker 8: Not.
Speaker 1: A stunt brought them together. Another stunt tore them apart the movie.
Speaker 4: Right, you mock them, you mock them.
Speaker 1: I'm not mocking them. I'm laughing with them.
Speaker 5: Building build the building.
Speaker 6: Got so mad at Zach and I remember because we we then go all of us as a cast to Brazil and Mexico to do a Scrubs press tour and we go hang gliding, and Bill's like, you wouldn't do an organized stunt jumping off a bridge together, but you'll go to Rio and.
Speaker 5: Jump off a cliff attached to a kite.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, but wait a second, you're going too fast. I remember being like, fuck, no, I don't want a bungee jump with a tied to Sarah off a bridge. But I also don't think it was fully up to us. I think that the the insurance and people were like no, no, no, you're not doing that. But I don't I'll take the place. But I do remember in RUI was it rio that we we all decided it's very random. These guys come up to you and they're like, do you do you want to do hang gliding?
Speaker 2: No, this this wasn't a random guy. That one of our guides was like, I have a friend who wants.
Speaker 1: Will take you hang gliding, and hang lighting basically involves trusting stranger and then running off a cliff with them. And I remember being like I really hope and they kept going like the wind is not good today for hang gliding, and I remember in my heart being like, thank god, thank god, the wind's not good for hang gliding. And then he finally came and he's like the wind the wind is now good for hang gliding, and I was like, fuck, I didn't want to go.
Speaker 2: I remember, well we all felt like that because I remember he was all at the pool and they said.
Speaker 1: Hand chilling at the pool.
Speaker 4: Said they said hand gliding.
Speaker 2: And he was in the pool and he came swimming up to us and and he didn't speak very much English, but he did say I really want to take you all hand gliding. And he kept saying that and we were like, oh, no, no, and he was like, you know what, and and at one point we all got the courage and we were like, all right, fine, we'll go. And he was like, oh, you know what, the wind's not good.
Speaker 4: And we all, like all of us were like whoa.
Speaker 2: And we were like, well, you know what, if the wind was good, we would have wine at the wind right now.
Speaker 1: Broken English, remember it has broken English. He kept saying, will you be making a hang gliding? And I remember mean like I really don't want to make a hang gliding.
Speaker 4: I do not want to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but do you guys remember there was a build It was build up the whole trip, Like we were in Mexico first, then we were in Brazil, we were in South Paolo, and then we were in Rio, and there was build up the whole trip like are we going to hang out?
Speaker 5: We're not going to hang glide.
Speaker 6: It was this conversation the whole time, and then by the time we got there and we said yes, and then the wind changed back. I remember thinking, like fuck, Like I used to sail race my whole growing up. The wind changes on a dime, So what if it changes to not good when you're jumping off of the cliff. And I don't know if you guys remember what happened, but we sign our lives away on those contracts. We drive up this giant cliff, we get into our with with our with our instructors who were going to be jumping with and I was terrified. And the instructor came up to me and he was like, I've been doing this twenty five years, nothing is ever happened. So he goes ahead of me and I'm with another guide and you guys are all in there. I'm last, and I it's gorgeous. It's spectacular. You're flying over the jungle and then the ocean. You land on the beach. When you jump off, they say, now right away, your hang glider is gonna drop until it catches wind. So there's this like split second where your hang glider just fucking drops and your stomach goes into your throat. And he says to me, right before we leave, he goes, when you run, you run, you don't change your mind because that can affect And I'm like, if that can affect whether this thing catches wind or not, this is not an activities participating it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my go yes, And I said to me, I said to me, the only way we can get hurt is if you stop running at the wrong time. So when I say run, you need to fucking run right.
Speaker 2: So we all go running towards this cliff like fucking mad people. Dude, everybody had great landings. All of you had wonderful landings. Ship on my landing you did Oh my gosh. He was like okay, well yeah, because they were like, okay, the most important part is the landing. You don't want to land wrong because you could break your legs and everything. And I'm like, oh shit, we didn't go over landing. We're coming in and I'm like, all right, I'm gonna fucking make this landing.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna make this landing.
Speaker 2: And this I feel like this dude tripped me or some ship like that, because all I know is we.
Speaker 4: Landed and my feet were in the ground and.
Speaker 2: In his foot catch his mind, and now my face.
Speaker 4: And arms are fucking in the fucking sand, dude.
Speaker 1: I was like, I love that in your mind. The hang gliding guy is like, you know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna trip this motherfucker.
Speaker 4: I think he did. I think I think I will.
Speaker 2: I'm having enough fun for him, you.
Speaker 1: Know, me, the guy, the guy, we were all with it, We were all we were all with a guide. And the guy who was like, will you be making the hang gliding went alone because he wiped out. He was all bloody, do you remember.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not his hang glider.
Speaker 6: He so he was ahead of me. He lands and I'm like, he's just told me nothing could go wrong. He fucking lands his handguy that are snapped and he broke his ankle, and that happened as I'm still in the air about to land.
Speaker 5: And so I'm like, are you getting me right now? So he was okay, but he definitely hurt himself.
Speaker 6: And we land and everybody's like getting handed their their role of film because the whole time they're like, look over and there's like a little mini camera triggered by this little thing in their hands, so they're taking pictures of us wholl time.
Speaker 5: I thought, great, I'm gonna a proof. Nobody's gonna believe I did this.
Speaker 6: And we get down onto the beach and he says to me, I'm so sorry. I forgot to put film in the camera. So the whole time we're in the air, he's taking all these pictures. So I have a picture on the ground before we like, on the cliff, before we leave, and when we land, and he's like, I'll take you back up again for free, because I feel so bad, and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, nope, nope, we are not doing this again.
Speaker 1: I have my pictures. There's somewhere I remember seeing them.
Speaker 2: I've never seen my pictures of me hand gliding ever. Before we get back into the show, I do remember another thing that happened to us while we were on this trip called and I know you guys remember this because it was the worst thing that's ever happened to me ever in my life. But I missed a whole dinner because I was sitting on a toilet exploding from.
Speaker 1: Our Listeners might not want to hear about the extent of your diarrhea.
Speaker 4: I don't care. You know what saved my favorite Do you know what saved me? The tequila? I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: So your advice for people with explosive diarrhea is to drink tequila.
Speaker 4: No, that is not as a TV doctor, that is not.
Speaker 2: My That is not my advice to people. But because my stomach was so messed up, I was drinking all of these concoctions, like some of it was white, some of it like I was going crazy and nothing was working, and my stomach was always like even after I eight, all.
Speaker 1: Right, well, I hope some of our listeners aren't eating their lunch right now. Some people like that.
Speaker 2: Do you remember do you remember what I said after I came out of the bathroom.
Speaker 5: Has anyone ever seen a gallon of shit?
Speaker 4: Does anybody know what.
Speaker 6: That looks like?
Speaker 1: That's what you said?
Speaker 2: Donald said, that was what I said.
Speaker 5: We read Brazilian Barbecue.
Speaker 6: We went to Brazilian barbecue, and Donald said, I wonder if I can drown it in meat. I wonder if I eat so much meat that maybe this could stop finally, because it had been it had been ten days at this point, and it had cycled through all of us, and we were we were like having lunch was with contest winners, and I would like jump up to run puke like we all were so sick, and the whole thing with hang gliding was is it going to be possible for us to be in the air for fifteen whole minutes?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: So in the back of our minds was hang gliding. If we make the hang gliding, are we going to shit our pants?
Speaker 4: This is pretty much. It lasted for a really long time with me.
Speaker 2: I remember being on the plane and puohing on the plane from like Mexico to Brazil.
Speaker 1: So you are your your your your protocol that you gave yourself of meat and tequila didn't work. I'm shocked. Sorry, We're ready to go to a break, and we have a caller. Right after the break, we'll be right back with the legendary Sarah Chuck. Now, Sarah, we have a very special guest today. There he is. That's Trevor Hi, Trevor Zach. Let me tell you guys something about Trevor. Trevor is gonna explain it to also all. But I have been stealing all of my Scrubs trivia from a Scrubs wiki, which which I believe Trevor has curated himself. Trevor, have you curated this whole thing on your own.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, I it definitely is a team effort. So Scrubs Wiki is similar to Wikipedia, or Donald may be familiar with Wikipedia, okay, which is the Star Wars wiki, and so Scrubs he is the Sclub's equivalent. There are about a thousand of us.
Speaker 4: Oh oh wow, wow wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a core thirty people really that kind of did the majority of it. But I'm here on the podcast today, so I guess I pulled away you.
Speaker 1: You did pull the right strings, because Sarah, because you don't listen to the podcast, I'll tell you.
Speaker 5: I heard this. I know this.
Speaker 1: If you put in Scrubs Wiki or Scrubs trivia, this comes up and it is an amazing curated resource for you fans to check it out. And I've been stealing all sorts of factoids and uh and trivia and all sorts of information and uh. And finally I was looking in the last week and was it you Trevor that had written Zach thanks for he put in one of the in one of like the trivia lines, like Zach, thanks for enjoying Scrubs Wiki. Have Joel email me. I'd love to talk to you guys. So I did it worked, and and I want to thank you and and the thousand or so people that have curated this thing because it's incredible and and a great uh source of fun for I'm sure fans. If you have a question about an episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's there's a group of us that to understand something, you need to write it down. And so when we watch an episode of Scrubs or whatever TV show that you have a favorite wiki for, you watch it and then you write down your favorite quotes, your favorite it's a trivia and then over time those thousand people will help kind of correct what you might have gotten wrong.
Speaker 1: How do you, Trevor, how do you prevent someone from and I'm sure this happens on Wikipedia as well, but how do you prevent someone from writing something that's nonsense and isn't accurate?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I guarantee there is some nonsense and some inaccuracies.
Speaker 1: There, especially now after I've just blown it up.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, because my Wikipedia, my IMDb says I was in Uncle Buck.
Speaker 4: That's not me and uncle but you weren't. That's not me and Uncle Buck.
Speaker 3: Now you're going to tell me it's a fantastic movie.
Speaker 4: So Trevor, do you also a fantastic movie? But I wasn't in it.
Speaker 1: Trevor, do you do any wikis for any other things that you're a fan of or is this the only one you participate in?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: So, it's funny. The TV shows Lost and Scrubs kind of brought me up to California and jump started my career at that website fantom dot com. And so I was telling my partner, who we're starting to watch Scrubs together now from the very first episode now where we just started season two. I tell her that it's because of Scrubs that I got to meet her.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so cool.
Speaker 4: Oh, because it brought you to California.
Speaker 1: So wait, you do it. You did it for Losses.
Speaker 4: You're welcome. You're welcome, just putting it. You're welcome.
Speaker 1: You're welcome, Trevor. You do for Lost as well, because Loss probably really needs a wiki because it's so confusing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Lost Pedia was the big wiki where it organized all of the theories and the smoke monster and all of that crazy stuff.
Speaker 4: Is there a theory to what Lost? What? What? Where? They were?
Speaker 1: They ended it right? It was it was all it was right.
Speaker 2: They never explained it being purgatory. They never explained anything.
Speaker 3: They left it open ended, so you can make up your own mind.
Speaker 4: That's the crazy shit what Lost.
Speaker 1: What they used to do was sorry, sorry, I guess that's a spoiler.
Speaker 4: Well no, it's not what Lost.
Speaker 2: What they would do is because everybody's what if you haven't Lost, watched Loss spoiler alerts. They never saw. They never solved anything on that show. They would introduce something and then at the end of the season there was no explanation.
Speaker 1: It was very good though, for the first few seasons, and I have to I eventually gave up. I have to admit, but I have a friend who's hardcore Lost fan, and he says, up until the last fifteen minutes, it was one of his favorite series, and he just hated how they just chose to end it, which I never saw but was assumed was purgatory. But I'm wrong, So I didn't spoiler it.
Speaker 3: I was gonna segue back to Scrubs because I think Scrubs season finale, My finale is probably the greatest finale to any.
Speaker 4: Team, better than Breaking Bad.
Speaker 3: So Comedy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't do that, and then he made him qualified to check this out.
Speaker 4: I've never watched an episode of Breaking Bad.
Speaker 2: I saw the finale and I was like, holy shit, that was a great episode.
Speaker 1: You decided to start Breaking Bad with the finale. I'm just checking that that's true.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. There's certain shows.
Speaker 1: That gets safe to say that you might be the only person on planet Earth who started breaking that.
Speaker 2: Billy Crystal's character in When Harry met Sally would read the end of the book before he started the book. Don't even try that shit. I'm not the first person to do it. I just happened to do it on television with television showing my friend still my friend's father watch go ahead.
Speaker 1: My friend's father watches four Winnings in a funeral and skips the funeral part because it makes him too sad.
Speaker 4: He knows it's coming. He knows it's coming.
Speaker 1: Now, Trevor has agreed to all of you listeners to provide a service for us, and we'll have to send him a gift basket. Joel, can you can you put together a nice gift basket for Trevor? What do you like Trevor Well, Scrubs and Lost. We're gonna send him swag.
Speaker 2: I don't think he wants swag. I think he wants like wine, maybe some cheese.
Speaker 3: Do you drink, Trevor, I have a handful of vices.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you'll give Joel all your vices. We want to announce them to the world right here. But if you send Joel your vices, we will send you a gift basket as a thank you for the service you're gonna wall.
Speaker 2: We're not drug dealers, so don't be sending asked, right, And we're not sending you like masks, right, We're not sending you fucking uh you know, a bott of crack cocaine or anything like that.
Speaker 4: We are not drug dealers.
Speaker 1: Or like s and m gear. We're not sending I don't.
Speaker 4: Even know where to find let's keep it one hundred giant.
Speaker 1: You know where to find it. Donald, I don't know where.
Speaker 4: To find stuff like that. What are you talking about? The pleasure chains, whips, lubes, oils. I don't know where to find that.
Speaker 1: Ship In h in the in West in the West village, there used to be the sex shop and in the window was a giant fist, just a giant fist, and my brother, my brother always thought it was so funny, like you know, he'd walk behy and be like, what a funny thing to have in the window, and and he would bring his friends by and be like, look, it's just a giant like forearm and a fist, and they would laugh. And one day he came by the window and it wasn't in the window, and he was there to show what his friends so they could laugh at the giant fist and forum. And he went in the shop and he said, hey, where's the where's the fist? And the shop owner went, the fist is upstairs. Can't you come back?
Speaker 4: The fist was upstairs.
Speaker 1: That's great anyway. We're not sending you a fist, Trevor, but whatever else you want will send you as in a giant. We're gonna make you a big gift basket. So sorry, I digressed, Trevor. When we have a question that we can't figure out the answer to and it's not on scrubs Wiki, we're gonna have a thing like we have with Bill, where we asked Trevor ask scrubs Wiki, Trevor.
Speaker 4: Are you down with that? Are you down to do it?
Speaker 3: I'm happy to help, but the thing is I wrote it on the wiki, so I wouldn't have to remember it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So it sounds like he doesn't want to do it. Sounds like he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Want to absolutely well cancel.
Speaker 4: The Yeah, sorry, I saw you do it.
Speaker 3: I can you know we're rewatching the show, and so as I've been doing.
Speaker 1: This, this is so embarrassing, right, do you ever do you ever see you ever see that? Do you ever see that fireworks display where they accidentally shot off like twenty minutes of fireworks at the at one moment, I feel like that's what's happened. I built up my fireworks and they've all exploded in my face. Because Trevor doesn't.
Speaker 3: Want to do this, No, I would absolutely love to. And as you rewatch the show, you you've seen new things and adding it to the wiki, and so if you have questions, I'll try my best to Okay, Well.
Speaker 1: It seems to me you already answered one for us, because we we asked you about whether the Hungry Chicken was the only time that was ever?
Speaker 3: That was the only time, right, that was the only time. The three of your characters do other celebratory dances once coming up in the season one finale, but it's not exactly Hungry chicken.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sarah, do you have a trivia question that you that that that you can see just if Trevor might know it. He might not know it because he just said that he doesn't have it all memorized.
Speaker 6: But he's like something that I know the answer to, and I want to I'm testing him or.
Speaker 1: Something something something you know that the answer to and just see just for fun to try and stump Trevor if he might know the answer to. It could be about your character, it could be about scrubs.
Speaker 6: What song did Sam Lloyd sing so beautifully in the Bahamas?
Speaker 3: Oh? Hey, yeah, yeah, that's very good.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry a little bit obvious.
Speaker 4: But.
Speaker 5: Judged on my question to Trevor Donald.
Speaker 1: Do you have a trivia question you want to try and stump Trevor?
Speaker 4: I don't. I just want to know if he has questions for us.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's how it works, all right? Well, no, I just thought we could try and stump trouble on my whole mind.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like you could stump Trevor.
Speaker 1: Trevor, No, I didn't have anything repair Allrightvor, do you have any questions?
Speaker 4: Interesting? Interesting?
Speaker 1: Fuck off you guys? I was really excited about this. We've already had to return the gift basket, Trevor. Do you have any questions Sarah Chalk or Donald Faison? Yes, sir, you can have Trevor's basket. Trevor, do you have any questions for for us? Since we're all together for the first time.
Speaker 3: I do, I really do, so thanks for having me on. You are talking about the episode My Old Man.
Speaker 1: Today, right, Yes we are, Yes, sir, Yes.
Speaker 3: What a classic John Ritter. Patti Winston never seen j D's mom or Turk's dad in the episode. We do see Elliott's parents, but we never see any of her siblings, and so I'm just curious. If you could do dream casting from any period of history, who would you want to play either a sibling or a parent.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's a great question, Trevor.
Speaker 1: Very good.
Speaker 4: We had We had d. L. Hughble On as my brother, right.
Speaker 5: Is Zach's brother?
Speaker 4: Pattie Winston played my mom.
Speaker 2: I think she would be married to somebody like Turk's dad would be someone.
Speaker 4: Hmmm, that's a tough One's with Denzel just go?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 2: I would I would go, I would go with Denzel. That's not necessarily realistic. That Turk's dad would be Denzel Washington. I would think it would be, well, you know, that's just like ultimate stunt cat. That's being stingy with it, you know what I mean, and being like and being like being obvious and not really doing your If I could have anybody play my.
Speaker 4: Dad on Scrubs, who would it have been? Hmm?
Speaker 2: I would say, like someone like Avery Brooks is someone I would have enjoyed playing my dad. Someone who's Avery Brooks played Hawk on Spencer for Hire. He was also Captain Cisco on Deep Space nine. He was the first African American captain in a Star Trek universe. Anyway I would have him, Avery Brooks would have been a great one. He was one of my mom's professors at Rutgers University. He was a theater professor if I remember correctly, and he was on television all throughout me growing up. He could do comedy, he can do drama. He's very handsome and so I think he and Hattie Winston could have definitely made Turk. And he's also a bald headed man, so you know it would make sense that Turk matches his dad.
Speaker 4: Every Brooks.
Speaker 1: I just thought of my answer for my mom, Julie Haggarty from Airplane. Do you remember Julie Haggarty from Airplane?
Speaker 4: Yeah? But why would you you want to explain?
Speaker 1: I was thinking of well, I was thinking of funny women. Catherine O'Hara is another idea, really funny women who might be age appropriate, and those were the first two names that came to mind. I think that she's so incredibly funny. And Catherine O'Hara, of course, who's always been a living legend, but it is having quite a moment right now with Shit's Creek. I think she's hilarious. Sarah, who would be your siblings?
Speaker 5: I would have.
Speaker 6: To go with my dream Lisa Kudrou. I have always wanted to work with her and it is still a dream of mine. And I'm such a huge fan of everything she's done. And I just think the way when you just see her read a line, sometimes I just think what that would have looked like on the page, and nobody reads it like her. She's so incredibly talented and funny. And The Comeback's one of my favorite shows ever.
Speaker 1: All Die Yes season the first season was incredible, so good, so good.
Speaker 6: So I feel like the combination of Markey Post. I mean Markey Post actually was kind of a dreamcasting for me.
Speaker 5: I loved her. She was amazing.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for us to bring to bring her up. She did such a great job. What's the gentleman who played your dad's name? Because he was so good also, and he's in so many things, dude, and we don't make we talk about Hattie, we talk about Marky, we talk about John Ritter.
Speaker 4: We don't talk about that guy, and he's been in so much stuff.
Speaker 1: Joelle's on and I can see her furiously typing as we speak.
Speaker 3: I joined. I joined the podcast with the wiki already opened.
Speaker 1: Oh, Trevor, dad, can you beat Joelle?
Speaker 3: Trevor, go beat Lane, Davies Lane.
Speaker 5: She was so great him and.
Speaker 6: Him and Kelso in their in their their wrestling suits, circling each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know what we could do is just keep watching the episode or talking about the episode, and keep Trevor on because you know he might and Trevor, feel free, don't be shy, feel free to to weigh in since you know the episode probably better than we do after all these, all these years later. Is that okay? Do you guys like that plan?
Speaker 4: I love it, let's go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love it because I just figured out how to do gallery of you, so now I can see everybody.
Speaker 5: It's fantastical.
Speaker 1: Ever, you'll be the first caller we've ever had hangout for the going through of the episode, which we've barely done, and we were an hour and twenty three minutes into this. This it's Sarah. It's Sarah and her tech problems.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's the bean and cheese kissadilla.
Speaker 1: About when John ritter of checks Rowdy's balls and says the browser Rowdy's a bulled doog.
Speaker 6: I mean, going back, going back to just like minute one when he walks in the door and he says, get some chips. The look on his face and that like smileing, like nobody can do it like that.
Speaker 4: He's so good.
Speaker 1: I wrote that down too, Sarah. I wrote that down. The look on his face as he exits frame when he says get some chips. He's like this, he really just and I remember, you know, he's not in that many scenes. Like we said, we we had planned that he was going to be a recurring character and he was supposed to come and do another episode and he passed the night before he was supposed to come to our set, and as Donald had mentioned in another podcast, he they frantically rewrote the episode and had Tom Kavanaugh come and be my get the guest star and be my brother. But so we had planned that he was going to be a recurring character, and he was just, you know, making lots of stuff up left and right, and it was I remember just thinking it was so funny.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I pooed a little. Was kind of jumping all the way to the end of the show. But that was something that he came up with on his own. It was just supposed to be pull my finger and he farts. Yeah, But I remember I remember you getting so excited about that and being like and coming upstairs because we were all working that day and you coming upstairs and you're like, yo, to, I pulled his finger, he went, I pooed a little.
Speaker 1: I never thought that was going to be in the show. I just thought he was riffing and being silly, and it was so funny. I mean, I know it's a fart joke, but it was still hilarious. And the face he makes, he's like, I pooed a little.
Speaker 2: But then after he says that his face gets like he gets a little disgusted in himself too, like, oh gosh.
Speaker 1: And when he in the cafeteria, when he he he just palms the jello and brings it to the table. He was just doing shit like that, just like just coming up with the weirdest, funniest choices.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He And the best thing about that I poot a little scene too, was it was also such everything about that scene. It was such a quick scene and it had everything. It was heartbreaking and funny and then funny and then heartbreaking. You know, it was so you guys were both so great in that scene.
Speaker 1: Well, it's hard, you know, it's funny. You know again, the show is twenty two minutes without commercials, and you have to service all three of our storylines and of course the janitor with with Arle Ermie and uh and you know again, it was like, wow, it's hard to it's it's tricky to do three and a half stories on on all those differ people in twenty two minutes. But I thought they did a good job with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really interesting how Bill was able to do that, because there is a lot of information that needed to be shoveled out in this and they found I mean not just the parents coming, but also Turk and Elliott winning this award from a couple of episodes ago. You know what I mean, they're studying and they're working together. It's paid off, and now they're about to go present what they've studied to.
Speaker 4: A bunch of people.
Speaker 2: And also JD being pissed off about that, you know, and and how he was dying to be able to do something like that, but wasn't necessarily given the opportunity because Turk and.
Speaker 4: Elliott were much like the handshake, much like the handshake.
Speaker 1: Now, Sarah at eight twenty three, you have a very impressive piece of medical jargon. Yes, I mean both neither Donald and I could do that as well as you did that. But but you you really must have worked on that. Do you remember doing that?
Speaker 6: I mean, I feel like in general, I remember the medical jargon feeling like a language, because you just obviously like I don't know what any of that means. Sometimes I would try and look it up so that I maybe thinking, maybe this will help me memorize it if I have a sort of basic understanding of it. But I remember little chunks of like I remember my first piece of medical jargon I ever had to say was superior mesenteric insufficiency.
Speaker 5: And I don't know what that means, but.
Speaker 6: I feel like it always felt like just kind of memorizing a phonetic almost just yeah, as if you were just it was just another language. But I kind of liked it because I saw it as like a weird challenge, especially when it was.
Speaker 5: Something that was that long.
Speaker 6: I always found that, like one trick was writing it out by hand with like a pen and just kind of you know, putting it on paper.
Speaker 4: A few times.
Speaker 5: I feel like this a bit of a visual.
Speaker 1: I feel like this one you did in one breath too.
Speaker 6: You were like, yeah, but that's not hard for me, because that's not how I talk. Always, the one breath part not a problem. The medical shot, Yeah, that this.
Speaker 1: Stuff was our at eight forty six, I have to use a payphone to call my h to call my dad.
Speaker 2: Yes, in the middle of the hallway. Yeah there's a payphone, just like in the hallway.
Speaker 1: Well there might be, But isn't it funny this many years later seeing someone that I got to call my dad and reach her a payphone. I mean, kids today probably don't know what a payphone is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 4: Of a question.
Speaker 2: When we started this show, was there were there payphones in the I think the hospital. Weren't there payphones at the on the bottom floor or something like wooden page? Yeah, I remember there being wooden payphones or something like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was a proper if it was real, but there was definitely it was a payphone era still.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: Remember when we started, you know, we we talked about how we got the Blackberries for the first time and how exciting that was.
Speaker 5: I mean, oh, that was such a huge deal.
Speaker 1: I mean, there were cell phones, but you had to be like wealthy. They were very, very expensive, you know, it was like a luxury.
Speaker 6: Anyway, going back in time to two minutes fifty when Markey Post says is they're a rule against looking pretty And that was sort of always a run with when Markey Posts came back in future episodes, and I remember Bill had been this one line where I'm talking on the payphone to Markey Post and she I say, yeah, yeah, I know, mom.
Speaker 5: Short hair gives me pig face.
Speaker 6: And Bill would find things with the background and with us that were just kind of like just true to all of our appearance and like we would you feel you would short hair? Short hair definitely gives me pick face. It's not attractive, Like I don't. I grew up like people saying like please, don't like you actually just can't cut You can't have a bob.
Speaker 5: You can't just like cut your hair off, which obviously.
Speaker 7: I no, no, no, definitely, But don't you guys remember that there'd be things in the script where they would it would be actually about our appearance, like I haven't right here, you.
Speaker 4: Don't look like Gary Busey.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? You do not look like Gary Busey, by the way, we look the way.
Speaker 1: And Hattie Winston doesn't look like Morgan Freeman. For the record, for the record.
Speaker 6: I have this this mole right here, Trevor, you can see it. It has three hairs that grow to it.
Speaker 1: I remember, add that to Trevor. Add that mole to the scrubs wiki.
Speaker 6: Don't, Trevor, don't add that to the scrubs Wicky. But I literally like had to say a line where I was like, oh yeah, chin, hair's back.
Speaker 10: Like there were so many do you guys remember things that were like space.
Speaker 1: Do you have to trim the hairs in your in your mole regularly?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah.
Speaker 6: When when Charlie was four, he looked at me so seriously, like completely dead pan, and he was like.
Speaker 5: Mama, I have terrible news. And I said what, and he goes, you're growing a beard?
Speaker 1: Donald, do you have a mold? Do you have to tend to that mole or it's covered now with the mustache? Right?
Speaker 2: Well, I got a whole facial face full of hair right now, But I know your mole ever have to tend to it like it's it's been checked out.
Speaker 1: It's no, I'm saying it doesn't grow its own hairs.
Speaker 4: Of course it grows. It's a mole. All moles growl hair.
Speaker 1: Oh so you have to trim your mole hairs?
Speaker 4: No, never, I know it's a loud.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's more acceptable on a male than it is on a female. That's exactly the point. Donald doesn't have to trim his mole Hair's life. To pluck these three mole hairs out of my chin.
Speaker 1: I feel like moles should not have hairs. I think everybody, no matter what your gender, should trim your mole hair.
Speaker 4: I will say this it's a lot.
Speaker 2: It's a lot sharper than the hair that grows above my lip and crown my chin. Like you, I could, you know, cut somebody when kissing them, and it's just the mole hair and there's nothing padding the area like more facial hair. The mole hair could cut somebody. It's like a like a needle.
Speaker 1: Have you ever pierced Casey's face with your mole hair?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, I don't even think Casey knows I have a mole. Ever since I've been with him, I've had this beard and something. She likes the beard and mustache. She might not like it this full. It suits you, but she likes the beard and mustache.
Speaker 1: And I think it looks really good on you. I can't remember the last time seeing it this full.
Speaker 4: I don't think yes. Is it?
Speaker 5: Is it a pandemic thing? Are you not going to cut it till the end of the pandemic?
Speaker 4: I kind of like it. I think I'm gonna get I like it for as long as I possibly can.
Speaker 2: Even the hair on my head, even though it's not, you know, even though I have a receding hairline. I like the way my hair looks on the top of my head. You know, I think I look like freaking you know, the dad from Good Times.
Speaker 4: You know, one hundred Oh it suits you.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 4: I kind of like it. I kind of like you. George Jefferson.
Speaker 6: My last my last thought on on mole hair is I was working on a job and it was late and never was stressed out, and we just needed to lighten the mood a little. So the makeup artist put those individual eyelashes out of every freckle and mole on my face and neck, just like a little kind of group of these little fake eyelashes. So that I went to craft service and people thought like I didn't really know what to say, like kind.
Speaker 5: Of wanted to be like, you have a but just like out of every one on.
Speaker 7: Every one of your most and freckles, just like a little grouping of three.
Speaker 1: It's weird, dude.
Speaker 2: It's great thinking that You're like, you know, what would be funny if you just.
Speaker 5: Because it was like it was like it'd be a conversation.
Speaker 6: People be like, not sure what it like, you have a there's just a you've got it.
Speaker 1: I laughed out loud at fifteen fifty eight when Sarah, you say, I'm not crazy, am I.
Speaker 10: No, sh It's like the first example of Elliott starting to lose it.
Speaker 6: And then that opened up like a whole new world for her of crazy.
Speaker 2: I laughed at bet your powdered bottom. You can bet your powdered battle, and I laughed at it because it reminded me of any The sun will come out tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Bet your powder bottom tomorrow.
Speaker 1: He says. Who says bet your powdered bottom? I lost that.
Speaker 4: John C McGinley says it to you.
Speaker 1: Johnny has a great moment in fifteen nineteen where he's like just dud just just berating me as per usual, making me feel like shit, and he knows so badly that I'm dying for a father figure leader because my dad isn't exactly that, and and then he just at the end it gives me like the most beautiful little He could have done a much worse job, and it's like it just gives you just a little seed of a compliment, so that JD could see that like he was he was there for me, you know, just a little bit. He's not gonna give you much, you know, And then in.
Speaker 6: The end of the episode he buys it all back, and that was such a great scene with both of you, and it was mostly done in a Wonner like except for his little chunk at the end.
Speaker 5: To you, it was kind of mostly a wonder down the hallway. It was so great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to give a big shout out also to you know, Hattie Winston's performance coming in and Judy's performance. They pretty much had to mimic each other for the whole episode. Yeah, and it had to be convincing for you to believe at the end for the joke to work where she's like, did you are you dating me? Because I'm exactly like your mother, it had to be almost perfect that, you know, they did the exact same thing. Also for Carla to realize, holy shit, I'm his mom. And I just I thought it was really cool how they they did it so well. You know, it was really like they had worked on this for, you know, the week instead of that day when they met. They had worked on it for at least a week because they even the way they were talking it sounded they sounded alike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's some there's some subtle things too, like at nine forty when they're in the when they're in the break room. Her top matches Judy scrubs.
Speaker 4: Right, they're the same color, wearing the same.
Speaker 1: Colors, and they both love the same color. And yeah, and then poor Hattie trying to do that freeze thing. They made it. I don't know why they did that. They should have just frozen the left side of the frame. But like, she did such a good job. She did as good a job as as most people can do. But she's not exactly ready for Washington Square Park being a frozen statue of liberty.
Speaker 4: Right, well, she did blank, You're absolutely right she did.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's hard, I mean, but she was like, you know, moving.
Speaker 4: Right, trying to keep it together. But I really liked the joke that.
Speaker 2: I really liked the payoff for it, where you know, Carla asks her, She's like, you know, are.
Speaker 4: You dating me?
Speaker 2: Because I remind you of your mother? And Turk goes, baby, That's exactly why I'm dating.
Speaker 5: That was one of my favorite scenes. You and Judy were both so good in that scene.
Speaker 6: It's one of my favorite scenes of the episode when you're like, you know, yeah, you're both smart, strong and smart and independent.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I mean I didn't want you, Judy. I wanted to ask you Donald, like, do you I mean, I don't know why Judy was so worried about that. I mean, would you say that there's qualities in Casey that overlap with your mom? I mean I think I would. I mean both great moms, ye, very loving.
Speaker 4: And absolutely well.
Speaker 2: I think I think if you're a mom, if you're a mother, most likely you have a lot of love in your heart and your and you'll do anything for your kids.
Speaker 4: And so I think all moms or most.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's universally true for.
Speaker 2: The absolutely you know what, You're absolutely right, it's not universally true.
Speaker 1: But you know, everyone with a shitty parent right now is like come home.
Speaker 4: But right, it's like, fuck you did my mom sucks?
Speaker 2: But but but uh yeah, so Casey and my mom are definitely uh definitely have that in comment.
Speaker 4: But for the most part, they're very different.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They're both big personalities both both for both Sureley and are like the life of the party.
Speaker 2: And yeah, but my mom's not a ball buster the way my wife is a ball buster. My wife, you know what I mean. If I do something great, my mom's like, holy shit, that was the best thing I've ever seen. In my life or if I you know, if I fuck up royally, She's like, you know what, we'll get them next time, honey.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, Casey.
Speaker 1: Both like to have a good time and throw a few back.
Speaker 4: No doubt. But well, no, come on, shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: No, all right, we can edit that out. But a few drinks for surely in the day.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, my mom is a way bigger drinker than than than Casey is. But like, so, my mom is very supportive Casey. If I do something really dope, it's hard to get a compliment and a compliment out of her, you know what I mean. I'll do something dope and she'll be like, well, you're supposed to do that, that's about That's how it's supposed to be. Don't get don't get all excited because you did that. That's you're supposed to be able to do that shit, damn.
Speaker 4: It, you know what I mean. But you you'll be like, that was amazing.
Speaker 1: But don't you think And I think this is true for a lot of men, and that you definitely true for Bill Lawrence and might even be true for me, that you like a tough woman who's gonna bust your balls and keep you on your toes.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely, But there comes a time where you want some form of affirmation or some form of you know, you want something of some accolade, you know, some form of accolades, like I'll do something, I'll do something good, And she's like, you should have been able to do that anyway?
Speaker 4: Who gives it? To move on? I do something bad? You.
Speaker 2: I want my Sometimes I want my wife to be like, oh, it's okay, baby, don't worry about it. We're gonna figure this out. She'd be like, you fucked up.
Speaker 4: You know you.
Speaker 1: Well, you know those of you who think who are thinking that this podcast might lead to him and his wife having a conversation, you needn't worry because she doesn't listen to the podcast. Still, I love your wife. She is a she is a ballbuster. But she has a saying that she does not censor a single word she says, which I like a lot in people. And she also says, all right, when she's about to say something that she's worried you might, like, you know, judge her, for she goes, all right, no judgments, all right, let me tell you. And then she like it's like it's like no judgments question mark. Okay, if it's not gonna be any judgments, I'm gonna lay it out.
Speaker 4: We can have this conversation. You can't be judgmental. We're not doing this.
Speaker 1: But I but I like that expression because it's like you want me to be fully honest with you, because then you need you need to pre sign this document that says you will not judge what I'm about to say.
Speaker 2: But then that But also this doesn't with this whole thing. It doesn't necessarily track with the beginning and how Turk is sad that his mom's coming, because if he should be excited that his mom's coming because he's dating a woman that reminds him of his mom and he knows it. So part of me is like, I don't necessarily get why Turk is so disappointed in his mom showing up.
Speaker 4: But that's just me.
Speaker 5: It's an asked bill.
Speaker 11: Guys, No, it's not worthy of an aspect because he's just gonna say five six seventy eight and get the music going, and he's he's out of control that guy.
Speaker 4: I really love that Elliott comes out to her mom.
Speaker 1: Really, that what I think. But that's funny when Kelsey goes the guys and the guys in I Radiology owe me some money.
Speaker 4: So that was all right. We need to wrap this super side again.
Speaker 10: Also one other funny thing too, when Johnny c is uh telling you right at the beginning of the episode, would like to bring your dad with you to take a vehicle, take him secure vehicle, a balloon, the car, tricycle, anything and take him with you.
Speaker 4: Is a great lie.
Speaker 1: Sarah, we're so well. First of all, Trevor, thank you for coming on.
Speaker 4: You didn't really have much to say.
Speaker 1: After Trevor, we didn't ask him anything. He said, you know, well, the three of us are big personalities. Yelling into the microphone Trevor. You know he's letting us do our thing.
Speaker 12: Fan.
Speaker 3: I don't want you know, if I were another fan, I wouldn't want me a fan talking the whole episode.
Speaker 4: You have every right to you have. This is listen as much as this is Zach and My podcast.
Speaker 2: Everyone who comes on, Joelle, Dan, Trevor, everyone who's on here is open to is welcome to have conversation at right.
Speaker 1: I wish Dan would talk more. He never talks. He's very shy. The only time he got Dan to ever talk was when he got really passionate about fucking hating Spectrum.
Speaker 4: Do you remember that, right? I do remember that Dan like.
Speaker 1: Turned off his mute and fucking went on a monologue about Spectrum from this sun.
Speaker 10: Daniel, Can you can you tell everybody about your dad and how he's a hero?
Speaker 1: I'd sure.
Speaker 9: Yesterday my father was at the protest at the Mayor's house and he was approached by Fox News. And you know, my dad is a white dude who lives in a relatively nice neighborhood in Los Angeles. So and my feeling is that Fox News came up to him looking for some sort of take along the lines of I don't like what's going on here. What happened was my father, very eloquently, in my opinion, laid out exactly what the problem is in this country right now, laying down how we are here in this country on stolen land that was built on the backs of four hundred years of slavery, and after years and years of not being listened to, of being pushed down and silenced over and over and over, what do people expect at this point? This is going to keep happening? Until these three officers are brought to justice for standing by and doing nothing, Until actual reform is made, until our country actually.
Speaker 12: Accounts for the sins of its creation. Until we do that, Until we actually make that effort, nothing will change. And that is what he laid out on Fox yesterday. And I think that interviewer did not get what she wanted.
Speaker 1: Did they air it?
Speaker 4: Did they air it?
Speaker 9: Not only did they air it, but I was able to retweet it and it's currently sitting at you know, four hundred and twenty thousand likes on Twitter.
Speaker 1: So will you will you send me that lea? Absolutely? Of course, of course that was beautifully said it. I have to say I love it, the running gag that Dan doesn't speak, and then when he does he speaks incredibly articularly and does a long monologue. First about Spectrum, now about Injustice. Dan, please contribute more to the show. Don't hide out in your little tech bubble.
Speaker 12: Will you honor me?
Speaker 1: Thank you? I appreciate that. Sarah Chalk, we love you.
Speaker 5: I love you guys too. Thanks for having me. Trevor, thank you for everything you've done.
Speaker 6: Scrubswise, and I'm so happy that we were able to bring you and your partner together, and.
Speaker 1: He's still going to get his basket, even though he's hedging a little bit.
Speaker 5: Get his basket.
Speaker 2: But it's gonna get USA Generic in it now.
Speaker 6: But the Trader Joey's peacans, the Sweet and Salty Trader jose Peacans in it.
Speaker 1: Donald, I'm going to call you after this and we're going to curate an amazing We could give him some swag. We can sign some stuff for him.
Speaker 4: That sounds great. I don't have anything, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some company made air fresheners of us without permission, which I don't mind at all because I'm just happy to have an air freshener of myself. Donald smells like Donald smells like quote black ice, and mine I think like vanilla. Well, anyway, maybe we can throw Trevor some some some unlicensed h JD and Turk air fresheners.
Speaker 4: There are a lot of people that are gonna go looking for that.
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm happy to throw the business some business because I think they're funny and I don't really care what am I gonna make a penny off that I don't care?
Speaker 4: Okay that being said.
Speaker 1: Fans, thank you so much for listening Sarah. We love you so much. Sarah, We're gonna let you do the numbers. Remember to hit us up with questions. Joel will sift through scrubs. iHeart at gmail dot com and Joel will decide if your if your question is good enough to come on the air. Get her attention, she said early on. Don't just send some bs. Be creative because Joel's a busy woman and she likes to be have her eyes captivated by an interesting email. Sarah, stay safe, We love you, we miss you. You may now lead us in song by counting us a stick.
Speaker 2: Examine stories that show we made about a bunch of talks and nurses in the janitor who I said, here's the stories Nell should know.
Speaker 4: So gather round you, here are, gather round you, here are.
Speaker 3: But we watch show Wiz and