Speaker 1: Breaks, breaking down all the biggest NBA storylines or tilled in.
Speaker 2: So the Heat Check.
Speaker 1: The Heat Check was just a crazy the best podcast covering all the drama around the association. Just a quick little run around the league to see what's popping. We'll start with Indiana, who I said was my league past Team of the Year. They are finally looking to move on from Buddyheild. It's not a bad blood thing, it's just a fit situation. They've got too many guards, too many guys trying to get shots up, and let's be honest, Buddy Heel wants to chuck up twenty five shots per game, and for all of his defensive flaws, there are a ton of teams looking.
Speaker 2: For Buddy Hil type caliber players from.
Speaker 1: Three one of the best three point shooters in the league, if not the best, and that's why they're talking about bringing him, bringing back.
Speaker 2: A first rounder for any trade for Buddy Hil.
Speaker 1: So not gonna just get rid of him for nothing, right Dallas wants him, of course, but this guy has gonna have some suit. They say that the league is moving towards hybrid players who can do everything, but I think I think especialist like Buddy Heield is going to find a role.
Speaker 2: He shooting forty three from three, Okay, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: He's got six seasons under his belt and he's shooting better now than he ever has in his career. We're talking about a guy who once nailed a three pointer three seconds into a game, right. I remember when healed to the Lakers was a real discussion. Laker fans were talking about him being a negative asset. Laker fans, I might add, are.
Speaker 2: Only slightly less delusional.
Speaker 1: Than Heat fans Orlando San Antonio, Toronto rumor to be very interested. Kind of like them, kind of like them in Orlando. I'm not gonna lie they need some three point shooting. Maybe trade him for Cole Anthony and maybe a pick. The latest, uh though, is that there's no real urgency to trade them.
Speaker 2: They'll wait until the deadline.
Speaker 1: I think Indiana's going to see how the Dame sweepstakes go and they will act accordingly.
Speaker 2: Moving on, speaking of Dame, can't get out of the episode without talking about the Dame update. God to give you the update on what's happening on the Dame.
Speaker 1: Turns out all the things that we've heard since July when Dame asked for trade war lies, which was, hey, Portland, do what you need to do to get your affairs in order. But Dame's going to Miami because no other team wants them, and so you accept whatever the fuck we're willing to give you and be happy with it because again, no one else wants him.
Speaker 2: That was not true. Turns out that the Toronto Raptors are interested. They are now in serious talks with Portland as we speak.
Speaker 1: And of course Heat we'll call it the heat circle, right, heat media, but we'll call.
Speaker 2: It Miami media, Miami fans.
Speaker 1: They're like a little like a little cult. They are shook and it is sad really to see. I've got people, like I said, telling me and my mentions that Tyler heroes better than Oganna and Obi.
Speaker 2: That is absurd. They're saying, O, g A and Obi now can't play with Jeremy.
Speaker 1: Grant, which is absurd because Jeremy Grant plays four oj Anobi plays three other Dan fucking Levitard. Real media members out here saying that because Toronto wouldn't sign Kyle Lowry at thirty five, why would they want Damian Lillard at thirty five It's like, well, if you don't want this dollar Tree Steak, then why would you want that thirty age thirty five years Why would you want this Prime Cup flat Mignon that's thirty five years old. It's I mean, they're not even in the same universe. Damian Lillard is a top three guard in the league. Kyle Lowry, nice player, good defender in his time, he was Yes, he was an All Star. He was never Damian Lollard. It's getting crazy.
Speaker 2: So what now? The narrative is shifted.
Speaker 1: Miami fans media are saying that Portland is being petty because they're not taking into account Dame's wishes.
Speaker 2: I thought it didn't matter.
Speaker 1: Dame was just gonna go to Miami and we had to take whatever we got because that was the only place that will give us a fair deal, which never was a fair deal. You can't demand, you can't demand to go one place with three years left on your deal and then especially to a place that doesn't really have the assets to.
Speaker 2: Get you, and what happens, You get fucked. That's what's gonna happen if they do that deal.
Speaker 1: This is a business, and the Blazers are not the kind of franchise that can afford to quite literally get fucked right. Nobody wants to go there. You guys have been telling us nobody wants to go there. Nobody wants to go there, so this is the only way. The precedent this sets is really bad for the league because in this is even worse than free agency the way that the bird rights have gone and trading for players and your individual team that drafted you having a better opportunity to sign you for more money. All this is leading the players signing in bad faith and then eventually asking to get traded to the place they really wanted to go.
Speaker 2: They didn't really have the money to pay them.
Speaker 1: And now that we can just trade them wherever they want to go, then it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 2: When free agency is every team is now in play, and that slaps in the face of what the NBA would like to do.
Speaker 1: This breaks the collective bargaining agreement pretty much entirely. This is how you end up with the broken down Kyle Lowry and his bullshit asks contract on the books. If players can demand and get to go wherever they want to go, whenever they want to go, which like that's just a whole different game. So I'm not even gonna come out whether that's fair enough. If they can do that, I mean nobody, No owner would want that. Every owner will freak the fuck out. And what Miami fans and media are desperate and very reluctant to admit is that they know that this is it. They could say, oh if they don't get damn, they will say, oh, well we want you honest, that's what our plan was all along.
Speaker 2: Pat Riley's playing chess and everybody's playing checkers.
Speaker 1: But the truth is Miami's not going to be any good without day Hit pocketing Kelly Ubray, which didn't occur because he went to the Philadelphia seventy six ers. Who knows why that wasn't a great backup plan. It means your franchise is somewhat on life support. Pat Riley, Aaron Goodwin played chicken with the Blazers, never giving them their best offer. And you know what, guess what, you're the one that's gonna be fucked. You're the one that gets to stand around holding your dicks.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding sort of. As for the Blazers, they have Scoot, they.
Speaker 1: Have Shade, and they have Anferny and it looks like it could be Grady Dick and Ogn and Obi, maybe flipping Ogn and Obi and NRK for DeAndre Aiden picks. Blazers are going to be just fine. And the sooner I have to stop hearing from heat fans, the happier I'm going to be.
Speaker 2: Moving forward.
Speaker 1: Former number two pick in the draft of Bari Parker recently sounded off on Twitter or to some interview about why he is now playing with.
Speaker 2: FC Barcelona in the euro League.
Speaker 1: It's not earth shattering news that he went to the euro League, but I think what he said was very interesting and I wanted to talk about it, he said in his recent interview The Fallen Sadly, the NBA is a business and there are ten to twelve teams that try to win every game and their other half try to get a draft pick. Where does that leave good players? You either have to be super good or bad to lose games. It's no excuse to see DeMarcus Cousins, Dwight Howard, joh Wall, guys.
Speaker 2: Who are potentially in the Hall of Fame. To see those guys not have a job.
Speaker 1: We're going to see the league getting watered down.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, you know, a lot of things are out of our control. And you know what, I think he's right. I think Jabari Parker is right about this.
Speaker 1: Guys like Kemba Walker and Mike James are guys that could definitely play minutes in the NBA and they're not going to make a roster because teams they could give valuable minutes too.
Speaker 2: Are too worried about trying to land a lottery pick.
Speaker 1: So kind of the evolution of the game, I guess does it mean the NBA players' careers will likely be shorter. Probably it means that they're not going to give you a guaranteed contract if you're a journeyman. The trade off, of course, is that the EuroLeague is going to get better and players like Jabari Parker and Derek Williams will settle into having long, productive European careers.
Speaker 2: And let's be honest, Europe isn't so bad.
Speaker 1: It's nice place to live, and for fans, euro league's more accessible than ever On ESPN, they broadcast a ton of games and if you like to bet, maybe we now know the players that you're going to betting on.
Speaker 2: All of this begs the question how.
Speaker 1: Long until the NBA gets a European franchise. Knowing Adam Silver, that'll be sooner than ever. That's all the time that we have for this episode of The Heat Check. Check back next week for an all new episode. Check the feed for past episodes, and make sure to check our social Do not forget to download subscribe. Please tell your friends, every single one of them Fallow hellow us on at this Heat Check and at Tristan crick on TikTok, Instagram and Twitter.
Speaker 2: Big shout out to my new producer.
Speaker 1: I really really appreciate William for being here for us. Thank you so much to William, and we'll see you next time.