Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and he.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: So much radio goodness for you. I mean a six pound show and a five pound bag. That's when we've got crafted for you to kick off a brand new week.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be really challenging to squeeze it all in. We ought to talk about the giant bust of illegal immigrants, including many many gang members, guns, drugs, etc. And charming Colorado springs, the budding relationship between the US and India that might be among our most important going you know, through the next fifty years.
Speaker 3: Joe doesn't want to talk about the two year old who was booted out to the country with how do process who has cancer?
Speaker 2: That's that two year old was a gang member. I'm fine with it.
Speaker 3: That's the portrayal of mainstream media. Marco Rubio has a different take on that story. We can get to later this hour.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, but first a brand new feature at And because I like to put names on feature atts, we need to choose a name. And Michael, I'm going to leave this up to you. You know how we have a look in the China cabinet about stories about China. Yeah, well these are all stories about Canada. I got it. I got it already. Well you've got it. I have three choices here, Oh okay, and my own, but go ahead. Well let's let's hear your what's yours moose musines? Oh lord, moose musings from Canada.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Well let's you know what will take your consideration under advisement and keep it on file. Here are your three choices. Opening a can of Canada not good? Two Canada more than snow and moose other moose friends? Or yes we Canada. I like that. I do like that. Good welcome to Yes we Canada. Look at our neighbor to the north. That's a very churchy version of the national anthem.
Speaker 3: Estanda does have a cool national anthem that I only hear if the Toronto Blue Jays are in the World Series or the.
Speaker 2: You know, if you're a hockey fan, you hear it all the time. Yeah, that's I hate to interrupt it and cause more strength between our two countries. So hear a couple of stories about Canada label obsession, grips Canada shoppers, have shunned American products. You know, maybe I shouldn't have led with that one. The Trump unnecessarily humiliating Canada over and over again, this is my opinion, in the name of humiliating young mister Trudeau, Pennyways Trudeau there has turned Canada staunchly against the United States. A lot of Canadians because they are patriots and they're proud of their country and there was just no reason to debate them like that. But probably most significantly certain Marco Rubio doubled down on that yesterday. What do you say on facination?
Speaker 3: Well, he was asked about does Trump want to make Canada the fifty first state?
Speaker 2: And Marco said, well.
Speaker 3: The reason for this was Canada saying that they can't support themselves with their current blah blah blah blah blah, and so Donald Trump just made the point that, well, if you can't support yourself financially on your own, maybe you should become the fifty first state. And he said, I haven't seen any indication that they are in better financial shape now.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that is absolutely why he said that, But he laid it on a bit thick. In my opinion, one of our closest friends and trading partners has now been turned against US. And old Pierre Pouliev, who I liked very much, who looked like a shoe in to be the next prime minister because he is somewhat associated with trumpiness and the Left Labor Party has gone full on anti Trump. It looks like they might win the next election, which is this week actually, but we'll see. We'll see. Polls are often misleading.
Speaker 3: And this guy that if he won, the left guy won, would he be to the left of Trudeau?
Speaker 2: Hard to say. He's a much more practical guy. He's a banker and diplomat and uh wear panti because we wear panties, you know what. I there, He isn't a pink time maybe Jerry's still out. Uh So we'll have to see how that election goes. But evidently boycotting American products has really taken hold in Canada. Canada has a label fixation. As tensions with their neighbors rise, Canadians are turning away from US made products to appeal increasingly anti American shoppers. Brands and retailers are touting and in some cases, embellishing their Canadian credentials. In a practice that's become known as maple washing or maple glazing. Wow.
Speaker 3: I always wondered to what extent this stuff is actually happening. I remember, after France wouldn't help us in the Iraq War, there was the whole freedom fries thing, which was more which was more words than I don't know. I mean, did you abandon French fries?
Speaker 2: I don't know. No, no, I should, but I didn't. Labels like designed in Canada, prepared for Canada, distilled in Canada, and proudly serving Canadians are proliferating, puzzling shoppers looking for a country of origin information anyway, So that's a thing. How long it's a thing and how big a thing?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let's see, we already did that. And then I thought that this was interesting. Here's the headline from the Wall Street Journal, why smart Canadians are fleeing for the US. And this is to the truth behind what Trump said and what Rubio was echoing. Although sometimes you can do the right thing in the wrong way, and I still say there's no reason the alienated or good buddies the Canadians. But the subhead to this article is it started with Justin Trudeau's father, Pierre, who destroyed accountability in Ottawa. And this is the interesting part to me, and the quote, actually, Jack, what you were describing When Justin Trudeau responded to Trump's suggestion that the threat of tariffs might prompt Canada to spend more on defense and border protection, Trudeau said Canada cannot then survive as a nation state, and Trump said, well, maybe Canada be better off as the fifty first state. I still find that funny.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: Look, just because it's funny doesn't mean you should have said it. Didn't your dad say that to me at some time? Yeah? Yeah, as did mine. Anyway, and they go into Canada, forty million people, enormous natural resources, vast swallows of land, natural wealth, blah blah blah, and Trudeau thought a tiff Reno negotiation could be the end of his country. I mean, come on now. But this is where it gets so interesting. Missing in debates about free trading tariffs is discussion about the movement of people people between US and Canada. The Census Bureau says one hundred and twenty six thousand Canadians moved to the US in twenty twenty two, which is up from seventy five twenty twelve. It's that's almost double, it's two thirds more. Among those headed south are Canada's top technical talents, attracted by high salaries, wide varieties of work, and greater career options. You got the University of Waterloo software engineering class, it's one of the top ones up there. More than seventy percent accepted jobs in the US. And a calculation puts the wealth transfer from the exodus of so many smart young Canadians at tens a billion dollars a year, if not hundreds of billions. It's difficult to put a financial value on that. But if all of your best and bright to say, yeah, thanks for the education, by I'm off to the States. Sure, the numbers floating around the tariff debate are a rounding error compared to the brain drain numbers. And the weakening of Canada has a lot to do with the disastrous fiscal and regulatory policies started by old Man Trudeau in the seventies. And that's when Canada's brain drain began, and accountability has never been restored. And here's the part that's all about governance. If Canada wants stronger negotiation positions, on trade. It should reform domestic fiscal and regulatory policies to retain talent and attract more from the rest of the world. Instead, Canada is trying to force people to stay. This week, Quebec's provincial government passed a bill compelling new doctors to spend their first five years of their careers working in Quebec's public health network WOW, and doctors who take a job in the private sector moved to another province before the five years are over face fines of as much as two daily finds of up to two hundred thousand Canadian dollars per day.
Speaker 3: When you're having to find or threaten people to get people to stay in your country, that's a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say tariffs and taxes don't make societies prosper retaining and attracting skilled discipline people who believe in their countries future does Think of seventeenth century Amsterdam, post war West Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong, Israel, and the US all experienced a massive in migration, drain of brains. All had decentralized deep financial markets and decentralization, I should say, and gradual access to welfare benefits not you move in and you've got free welfare like Canada does it does there even worse than us. Restricting the movement of people only leads to more rose unstable societies that blame others for the failures. I had never heard a word about the brain drain from Canada. I found that very enlightening. That's your Yes, we Canada.
Speaker 3: I get.
Speaker 2: A loose noise and then it ends, I don't know, Michael's something else, a moose noise, the bellow of the mighty moose.
Speaker 3: So whenever I drive away from my house, my house, that's funny.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, it's like Canadian is infectious.
Speaker 3: Right, we talk about Canada and that just slips into my vocabulary.
Speaker 2: It slipped out of you.
Speaker 3: When I drive away from my house, I'm happy to see my simply safe sign that alerts people that I've got cameras, indoors, outdoors, active guard life protection there going on.
Speaker 2: That keeps my house safe. And it costs about a dollar a day, which is amazing. Oh, it's amazing, especially given the technology that's behind their monitoring and FBI crime data shows breakings are more likely during the day than under the cloak and night, which is interesting. So you got simply safe Active guard outdoor protection that helps prevent breakings before they happen. AI powered cameras backed by live professional monitoring agents monitor your property, deterst suspicious actor, or detect suspicious activity. And if somebody is acting suspiciously, the agents can see and talk to them in real time, call the cops, activate spotlights, you name it. And they're no long term contracts or cancellation fees, and as Jack pointed out, monitoring plans to affordably around a bucket day visit simply safe dot com slash armstrong. Save fifty percent off your new system with a professional monitoring plangage first month free. That's simply safe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe.
Speaker 3: So we were my son and I were in San Francisco Saturday night when the Warriors were playing in the NBA playoffs in there, just down the street, and I wish I had been popped into my head out I'd gotten a ticket and gone to a game. I really should have done that anyway. Steph Curry looked like he was twenty five and not thirty five, and Warriors up to one, but Lakers are three to one in their first round series. That's bad news for the NBA if their biggest stars get eliminated. AnyWho the NBA playoffs. The NBA playoffs last two months. That's ridiculous. Uh, that's ridiculous. That's like a season. Yes, and teams make the playoffs who are way below five hundred.
Speaker 2: Also, that's also to say, what is the word joke?
Speaker 3: So we never got to Scott Pelly, who ended sixty Minutes last night with a bit of a blast about.
Speaker 2: You never got to Scott Pelly.
Speaker 3: Independence and journalism and how important it is, which is kind of funny on the heels of a few things. Sixty minutes is done in the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: But it's kind of funny on my heels.
Speaker 3: And if you're gonna do a Scott Pelley, you gotta wear a tight dress shirt with your big giant arms so everybody knows giant arm. I'm not sure everybody can see my bicep in this shirt. Can we tell her this shirt.
Speaker 2: A little tighter? What Scott, the fabric is straining to contain your guns? Still that and other stuff on the way stay here Art.
Speaker 4: Maybe we should pump the brakes on the new trend of selling pharmaceuticals by way of promotional tie ins with movies for children.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: Snow White has partnered with Allegra because Allegra helps you not be sleepy or sneezy. Get it, so kids, Remember, if you're bashful, try riddling. If you're dopey, take adderall and uh, if you're grumpy, ask doc if.
Speaker 2: Prozac is right for you. Some fine jokes. But yeah, that that movie's got to partner with something, although we're going to see it are as.
Speaker 3: You pointed out some good dwarf jokes based on their nicknames. But am I bothered that major pharmaceutical company is joined with a promotion of a movie.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't think I am.
Speaker 3: Of all the things I need to be worried about in the world, that's not one of them.
Speaker 2: It was an excuse to get to those jokes with those dwarfs. They get their nickname, like Sneezy. What if I have a cough, Hey, let's call him Kaufo for the rest of his life. Whoa dude, I've got like a respiratory thing for a week and now I'm Kaufo. Yes, Sneezy, please, I might be kaufo.
Speaker 3: I've been sick for going on three weeks, same disease for three weeks. Although I get sick easily, I'm weak. The herd should kick me to the side and let the lions eat me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're having the final vote today.
Speaker 3: That but anyway, so Bill Maher Friday Night HBOI has al Gore on who Al Gore was elected of vice president thirty two years ago?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: And is still a year long younger than our current president. That's quite chucking the math on that. AnyWho, he was talking to Bill Maher about the Internet, and you really.
Speaker 4: Did You really were instrumental in the Internet.
Speaker 5: I can never claim to have invented it, but actually moving the what was a small network in the Defense Department to public access that became the Internet was something that I worked on with others when I was in the House in the Senate, and then it really came into fruition after I got into the White House. But we passed the legislation putting a billion dollars a year into it, and that's what really lifted it up.
Speaker 4: As I say, you're the devil for doing that, Well, they really after you for that yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know to the Internet. We all use it every.
Speaker 3: Day, honest to God, not being jokey. Here are we better off with the Internet or without it?
Speaker 2: That is? Uh, I think we're better off without it. If there were a way to achieve some of the positives that avoided the negatives, I would be in favor of him. Absolutely, willing to spend time and money to pursue it.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, there are tremendous benefits. But I don't give me.
Speaker 2: You know, some youths that feel more connected thanks to social media go to hell. Well, you didn't give that person much time.
Speaker 3: If it destroys society, which it's working on, I think.
Speaker 2: I don't know. No positives outweigh that, do they not? Really?
Speaker 3: No? If people stop having kids because of Internet porn and human beings go away, you can't say, yeah, but it was easier to read.
Speaker 2: The New York Times. I mean, come on, right, right, I get pictures of my grandchildren more quickly. Okay, wait, wait, you don't have any grandchildren in this scenario.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What that might be among the most consequential decisions human kind ever made, right up there with the split in the atom, is deciding to fund taking that primarily military academic thing and making it available to everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, the ai'll kill us while the Internet is still working at killing us.
Speaker 3: So we would AI be the thing that it will be without the Internet. I'm not I don't know if you can separate.
Speaker 2: Them like that. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, Bill Mark clearly had the attitude of your you're the devil for bringing us Internet.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people feel that way. One of the wise things ever said is not all change is progress?
Speaker 3: Boy, the information landscape, the trouble your kids can get into. Oh my god. Joe mentioned the new poll out about the media. It is well earned.
Speaker 2: More on the way Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: I just mistook a thumbs up for a point. Michael gave me the thumbs up about something. I interpreted it as a point and started talking when it was merely a I've got the clip you wanted, so thumbs up in point two. Very different hand gestures.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: I would have taken off to steal second and they'd been like, what are you doing? Get thrown out by a mile. I thought you gave me the slide the steel signal. No, what that's the stay there you did on the bench, Armstrong. The White House Correspondence dinner was over the weekend. I didn't even know what happened, and it got no attention because Trump doesn't do them, remember, and for good reason. I mean, it would just be ridiculous because they all hate him so much and there's so incredibly unfair. I mean, there'd be no fun in it. It would just be vicious hatred show up to be abused. Yeah, sounds great.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 3: The interesting thing about the White House Correspondents dinner is that's what started the whole thing. Trump at one while Obama was President Obama making fun of Trump because Obama was pissed off about the whole birth certificate thing. Trump sitting there stewing as everybody laughed at him, and there grew the colonel of hatred that became his presidential run.
Speaker 2: The rest is history.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the media, so oh, we're gonna play a little bit of the lead speaker was a guy from Axios calling out the media for not doing a good job.
Speaker 2: And I guess we have it. Let's listen to it now.
Speaker 6: President Biden's decline and it's cover up by the people around him is a reminder that every White House, regardless of party, is capable of deception. But being truth tellers also means telling the truth about ourselves. We myself included, missed a lot of this story, and some people trust.
Speaker 2: Us less because of it.
Speaker 6: Wow, we bear some responsibility for faith in the media being at such lows.
Speaker 2: I want to talk to these people. I think he's sincere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to talk to him and say, dude, let me tell you how it looks to the rest of us. It looks like you'd have to be mentally retarded to not pick up on the fact that the president was completely out of it. And you know what, My proof is, eighty five percent of America agreed with me and not you and your other media people.
Speaker 2: How do you explain that. I mean, he's quite correct, but it feels like you walk into a room in the there's a guy clutching an axe, surrounded by dead bodies, and he says, you know what, I need to admit I think I have an anger problem. Well, it's true as far as it goes, But come on, buddy, I don't think.
Speaker 3: There's any answer he could give other than we're so married to the idea of pushing our political point of view that we blind ourselves to obvious things. I've blind oled myself to some obvious things in my life, so I know it can happen. It's highly troubling when you come to a realization.
Speaker 2: Because you wonder a human condition.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you wonder how many other things have I done this with or am doing right now?
Speaker 2: It's highly troubling. But if I might punch up your script for a second, I would say, you need to admit that you will miss stories that are so enormous historic and career making. They would be great for you as a journalist to ignore them because they make you uncomfortable politically. Well, I don't know if they would have.
Speaker 3: I think if you'd have stuck your neck out, you'd have been you'd had your head cut off, you'd lost your job.
Speaker 2: Ah, you'd have gotten a gig hosting an evening show on Fox News and become rich. That is wild.
Speaker 3: Though we missed the story. Yeah, one of the biggest stories in US history. Then again, everybody else saw. It's not like it was a fifty to fifty issue out in the country or nobody knew and you should have uncovered it or something.
Speaker 2: Right, right. It was not the water keep breaking? Good lord? Yeah, I know, how about that Batpur.
Speaker 3: I think that fits in a little bit with what you're about to hear from Scott Pelly. So we mentioned last week the guy runs sixty Minutes resigned or stepping down. He's leaving his job. And they've only had three people in that job since the early sixties when sixty Minutes started. It's not like this high turnover rate in that job. He feels like his statement last week was the he doesn't have independent control now to do whatever he wants. He's being told what stories he can government can't govern, all right, So I guess Scott Pelly, one of the lead hosts on sixty Minutes, felt like at the end of the show he needed to weigh in.
Speaker 7: Bill resigned Tuesday. It was hard on him and hard on us, but he did it for us and you. Stories we pursued for fifty seven years are often controversial lately, the Israel Gazo war and the Trump administration. Bill made sure they were accurate and fair. He was tough that way. No, but our parent company, Paramount is trying to complete a merger. The Trump administration must approve it. Paramount began to supervise our content in new ways. None of our stories has been blocked. But Bill felt he lost the independence that honest journalism requires. No one hears happy about it. But in resigning Bill proved one thing. He was the right person to lead sixty Minutes all along.
Speaker 2: All right, So both things are true. Yes, they're trying to curry favor with the Trump administration. So the DEEA or Justice Department or FEC or FCC approves the murder. Meanwhile, the idea that we have been honest and true and fair and balanced all these years and now our overlords are twisting our arms. You're ridiculous, Scott.
Speaker 8: That is.
Speaker 3: Hilarious, really, I mean come on, yeah, wow, especially now. I mean cause there have been stories in the last couple of months that we remarked on on Monday mornings, like did you see that on sixty minutes last night? Oh my god, how about they talked to one person with a different point of view on this story. I mean it was he did this for himself and for us and for you.
Speaker 2: Oh, vomit, vomit. Yeah. Yeah. We could get back into the numbers, which are quite astounding of people's attitudes about the media, which have declined because of this, because of what you just heard.
Speaker 3: How yeah, the both things the guy from Axios, we missed a big story.
Speaker 2: What Scott Pella. We know, we all know, literally everyone knows you missed it. We were talking about it while you were.
Speaker 8: Missing it, right, Yeah, it's not like it's not like we even kept this secret. We were having Hey, have you noticed how the president is senile, nice, sperd than ever And if you don't like it, fu this is the best Joe Biden ever.
Speaker 1: Mess with them in a work unless you want to get the better.
Speaker 3: And then the sixty minutes things a little more subtle, because I'm sure there are people on the left who think sixty minutes is playing a fair down the line, but that's not the way most of America feels about a lot of those stories in sixty minutes. And so you claiming being fair was his ultimate goal every single day? What are you talking about? So you end up with these pool numbers?
Speaker 2: Do you have a great deal of trust and confidence in the mass media when it comes to reporting the news fully, accurately and fairly. Ninety two percent of Americans say no, Only eight percent responded thumbs up to that sentiment, and in response, well, actually, almost five times as many Americans, four and a half times many Americans say I have no confidence at all. I would be in that grip. You watch the new clearly true between Senile Biden and not only misreporting the truth about so many COVID related issues, from the shutdown, to the lab league, to the kids being very to the schools being closed, far from just missing all of those truths, they aggressively stamped out wherever they could find it anybody was telling the truth.
Speaker 3: Well, and then how many times did you have to hear during the campaign Donald Trump, who promised a blood bath if he loses. Oh yeah, I mean there's so there are so many examples of your not even trying.
Speaker 2: Right, right, that's how blind and bubble they are. So yeah, anyway, that's cute, Scott, All right, Fine, you've become insufferable in a shadow of what you once were, and Paramount is saying, hey, dudes, you've become a joke. You gotta hew a little closer to the center just so you're you get your blinders off. And for that, Scott Pelley talks in his sad voice.
Speaker 3: Well, and they left out that Redstone woman, who is the incredibly wealthy daughter who owns CBS. She she said, Oh, it's some of these stories you've done recently.
Speaker 2: What the heck?
Speaker 1: She can see his.
Speaker 2: Real Palestine conflict and the Trump administration. Oh yeah, because your coverage of those two things has been just spot on. Scottie boy, Please, you're a joke. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I don't think he's being I don't think he's lying. I think he believes it. Just like that Axios guy, watch out for self delusion, Watch out for self. You're deluding yourself almost certainly about something right now today.
Speaker 2: Try to figure out what it is. Axios did some of the best mainstream coverage of Joe Biden's enility. I think that guy is just trying to bring his friends along. There's friends. Yeah, he's being a bit more gentle than I might be. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was watching the video as he said that, and the crowd didn't look like they were particularly digging that.
Speaker 2: Wow, that delusional.
Speaker 3: I would I would I would love to have been and not and not been snarky just saying, I mean you you all you literally got Trump elected. You realize that, I mean, you all hate Trump. But you're the number one reason he got elected, probably because you lied to everybody and obst lied.
Speaker 2: That's not true, that's absol So doesn't that bother you on that face?
Speaker 3: Since this is not the result you wanted, wouldn't you like to be more accurate just for that reason?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: You know that reminds me. I came across this. I'm glad I thought of it. You remember Nina Jankowitz. She was going to be the UH misinformation Czar in the Biden White House until it was discovered that she was just a flaming progressive nutball butball. So she was doing a speech in front of the EU Parliament about Russian misinformation, disinformation, that sort of thing. She says, before I describe the details of Russia's recent online influence campaigns. I would like to call upon you to stand firm against another autocracy, the United States of America. And again, this is the woman appointed by the Biden administration to be the top censor in charge of drawing the lines between what is appropriate speech and what should be cut out of social media, standing up there saying America is no better than Russia.
Speaker 3: Mary all right, which is the problem, of course, with the whole censorship idea, who gets to do the censoring?
Speaker 2: Yes, and anybody you can't see that is so stupid you should refrain from joining in the conversation. And the adults are talking.
Speaker 3: How about the fact that Dion Sanders kid, who at one point people thought would be the number one pick in the NFL draft, went in the fifth round over the weekend. If you follow sports, it's a big story. If you follow sports, shocking because of his attitude. They didn't like his attitude. That's the that's the inside word. He did an interview with a NFL coach. He allegedly had his headphones around his neck but with music playing, wearing a big gold chain that said a legend, I think or something like that, and the coach said he came off as incredibly entitled and and full of self regard in a way that was incredibly off putting. Okay, so you're acting like your dad acted, except your dad had already proved he was one of the best players in the history of the NFL when he started talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Yeah, And evidently you know it's a small industry, word got around. Wow.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 2: Wonder what dad thought of that? How about you leave the headphones on the bush and he took a video call in the middle of the interview. Wow, now this is from a pretty good source.
Speaker 3: I have close to a source that's not a sports that's your kid who's going to go out looking for a job someday.
Speaker 1: Thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, teaching me. Can't be all cocky and whatnot. That's pretty good. More in the way, stare.
Speaker 9: A massive rate in Colorado Springs, more than three hundred federal agents preaching what authorities say was an underground illegal nightclub as part of a drug investigation.
Speaker 10: What was happening inside was significant drug trafficking, prostitution, crimes of violence.
Speaker 9: All of this the results of a month's long investigation. The DA says ICE took more than one hundred people who they say were here illegally into custody.
Speaker 3: A hundred people arrested at an underground club full of illegals, many of the memis at Thirteen's. According to the Trump administration, Well who would you quote, They're the ones who busted them anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so a huge hotbed of illegal immigrants. Please, underground nightclub. It was a big building full of people drinking and dancing and parking their cars and the rest of it.
Speaker 3: Colorado sex for money, also known as prostitution.
Speaker 2: Good lord, and because Colorado is super sanctuary e. I'm sure the good people in the Colorado Springs Police Department were prevented from doing much about it. The Attorney General spoke out on this seventy one Michael.
Speaker 10: During the Biden administration, they received one hundred and seventy nine to one one calls to that club alone. That club, we were just watching one hundred and seventy calls. Wouldn't you think that would have been a red flag? Would nothing happen? Guns, shootings, AG batteries? Nothing happened. So under Donald Trump, DEA, FBI, US Marshalls atf ICE, everyone went in together. Dea led this investigation, went in, got one hundred and fifteen illegal immigrants aliens in our country, arrested them with warrants, twelve guns.
Speaker 3: Seized twelve guns. Of course, I don't know how many guns are in the average nightclub. Actually might be it might be about the average.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it depends where you go. Interestingly enough, there were some active duty US military of folks, about a half dozen found at the club working as armed security or patrons and the military. Justice people are going to take a look at that. Nobody's been detained, not under rest so far, they're just working a side hustle. I guess that's the sort of thing that exists and functions in your sanctuary environments. And Trump just told the Justice Department put together a list of sanctuary cities and states. We're going to take a serious look at this funding wise especially.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, this is needed to come to a head at the Supreme Court for a long time.
Speaker 2: Can you do this? Can you be a sanctuary city or state? I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't believe we haven't looked at this yet decided you can ignore federal law or not. I have a feeling they're going to say no, No, you don't get to do that any more than you could say we don't allow the Second Amendment here or anything else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'll be an interesting case to follow. I've got a preview of some of the cases the Court is going to be looking at this year because there's some blockbusters coming downline. Also, next hour, the idea of due process and deportations a really interesting and wise contrarian view.
Speaker 3: Also next hour, gen Z is bringing back the tramp stamp. Apparently young women have decided it's cool again.
Speaker 2: My interaction with the small of young women's backs is extremely limited this these days. I didn't know the tramp stamp had left. Oh you didn't.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's yeah. Yeah, there's a reason it's called the tramp stamp. It had been popular way back in the what early nineties, and then it had become the sort of thing that you get removed or don't want people to see, and really seen as kind of low rent.
Speaker 2: And now it's making a return. Huh.
Speaker 3: Also, how much haven't I got my h I got another good thing for hour for it? Uh, you'll have to take my word for it. So we do four hours every single day. If you don't get every hour, every segment, you should get our podcast. Subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: Perhaps they use the term follow wherever you like to get your podcasts the same thing, follow, press the follow button. That's correct, follow us, just not home from work, that'd be weird. Armstrong and Getty