Speaker 1: What a ride, ladies and gentlemen, What a ride. I had to come to an end sooner or later, right, but man, oh man, uh, the fact that we all got to experience something like this. I mean, listen, you know I started really being a Red Sox die hard. You can say the late nineties, early two thousands for me, you know, yeah, I saw a twelve game win streak back in two thousand and six. Obviously, you know quite a few World series along the way. Two thousand and four was an amazing moment. Two thousand and seven, twenty thirteen, twenty eighteen, all of that was great, but I never, I mean, none of us got to experience anything like this. It was really cool to see, really cool moment. What a ride, What a ride that was. And again, he's gotta gotta tip the cat Man because I was just incredible to watch. It was incredible to witness. And yeah, I mean, you can look at all the wins they put together, but I think what this streak really signified was a team coming together. It had to come to an end sooner or later. We all knew it was coming. But now we can go this is the team, this is what they are. Now we know who they are. Now they have an identity. Now they put they've thrusted themselves back into the postseason mix. When we all thought it was done, we thought it was over after Colorado. As soon as the game was done there in Colorado, you thought that it was done. All right, let's start, and the Pats they're starting to, you know, get in the camp. You know, we had all the NBA, you know, free agency and trades, you know, Jalen Brown, we were all starting to get into that. And then all of a sudden, you sweep the Yankees, you drop a couple to the Nationals, and then you tie history the longest streak in Red Sox history back in nineteen forty six, a team that made it to the World Series unfortunately lost in seven games that year, but you match that incredible. But you go back to that team, right, You had legends on that team, Ted Williams, Bobby Door, just to name a couple. And this team was coming off losing two out of three to the Colorado Rockies. You could argue the worst team in baseball going back over the last five years or so, there are fourteen games under five hundred. It was over. It was done again. Patriots, Celtics. We were looking for that. Heck, maybe even some people were getting excited about the Bruins. I don't know, whatever, they're already getting ahead start on Bruin's hockey. I don't know. Revolution fans, you know who knows we're all double the Red Sox, and all of a sudden, they do this, they win twenty of twenty three. That's incredible. I've never witnessed anything like this. I mean, yeah, with other teams, you've seen incredible runs, but as a Red Sox fan, never anything like this. I'm honored I got to witness it, you know, because later in life, when I'm on my last leg, I'll think back to twenty twenty six. You know, no matter how this season ends, no matter what ends up happening, I got to witness something really cool. That just saw a lot of just good solid baseball. You had the highest of highs, you know, with the emotions. It was fun. I mean, honestly, you know, running this channel. We started this channel, we're a little under a couple of years ago, and we're already getting close to ten thousand subscribers here and over this last couple of weeks. I mean we've been breaking records on this channel. You have all been amazing in this support. You've been coming out to all of these postgame shows. We've been having four hundred, five hundred people in the chat. That's incredible. That's a good number for me on my main channel if I get that amount of people close to sixty thousand subscribers. I had four hundred to five hundred people coming in for these shows with not even eight thousand subscribers. So I'm just letting you all know at home, I'm honored for that and I appreciate your support. That really means a lot to me. And I can thank this Red Sox team for that because without them, without without what they were able to do here, we wouldn't have been able to come together as a community here here on Massa Territory. It's been an incredible ride and I'm very thankful for it. And I'm gonna look back at twenty twenty six when I'm old and gray, my hair is no longer red, and I'll say, wow, that was a That was a really cool year. So again, to all of you at home, I appreciate you. This was awesome. You know, Going over a few moments, we'll get into the game. We'll go over to the couple of games here today, we'll take a look at the Blue Jays and just a little bit. If anyone does have a voicemail they would like to leave voicemail, phone lines are open. Number is on the screen three two one two zero nine twenty one ninety nine. But my favorite moments, I mean, obviously all the wins right to me, the best moment is more of a combination of this team just coming together, right. But if I'm looking at individual ones, Caleb Durbin's home run for me, that that really that that hit me pretty good, you know, because that's a guy who's just been an underdog his entire life. I love me. We all love an underdog story. Well, you know, I get sack be with that stuff. Man, you know, like Rocky Rudy, you know, love those movies. I'm a sucker for those kind of movies. I'm a sucker for those underdog moments. And Caleb Durbin's but an underdog his entire life, and in that kind of a game with the stakes that you had, a back and forth game, a messy game, and he hits a home run like that incredible after the start of the start of the year that he had after losing a star player in Bregman, you know, and he was the replacement and a lot of people were down on it and the start that he had to the year, and he turned it around and he comes up with a moment like that. He became a fan favorite. That was for me personally, that was mine. That was my moment for me. Yeah, that gave me the emotions. Man, will you're goodness gracious? Hit like felt like he hit like twenty home runs over a couple of games, had back to back, a couple of back to back, two hoern games. Uh, he had that doubleheader double or whatever. On that Saturday game, You're down six to three going into the seventh, you have a four running hits, a massive home run throws as bad guys all fired up Wilson Contreres, fired up Wilson. Wilson throughout this whole thing. I mean, shoot, the guy was serving a suspension at one point. It wasn't even playing. We even got to experience him in the home run derby that wasn't even part of the streak, but that was fun. You know, he was all fired up throughout this whole thing. That's I guess to me, that's the moment for me is we have seen the energy from Wilson on this team all year. You know, getting into fights left him right, but he became the heart of this team during this stretch. Could you even say the heart and soul? Definitely at least became the heart great pitching. I love pitching. Pitching is I'm biased towards it. I pitched in high school. I wasn't very good, but I love pitching. Just seeing these guys go out it every single day, Just seeing different types of ball games being thrown. Sunny Gray just masterful at times, Peyton totally you know, yeah, the guy would throw like a million fastballs, but you know it's always fun to watch. Jake Bennett, I mean literally, Jake Bennett, in my opinion, is possibly thrusting himself into getting at least a couple of Rookie of the Year votes. We'll talk about him in just a second, but you know, the guys coming together, that's what uh, That's where I think the biggest takeaway, that's my favorite part of this whole run. But if you want to get into some stats, I got some stats that can really give you an idea of what this team is or what they're capable of the rest of the way. In the month of July, they were eleventh in contact percentage. Goodness gracious, he go back over the last few years, feels like the Red Sox they were either you know, hitting home runs or striking out. So seeing that they are eleventh in contact percentage in the month of July, that's awesome. Just getting the bat on the ball, first in sacrifice hits, seventh in sac flies over the month of July, not trying to do too much, moving runners over, guys stepping up with the bats. This kind of ties into you know, guys coming together, but guys that really stepped up over this run. You felt like someone different was doing something good every single game. Anthony Siegeler, you look at him, you know, a guy that you could say was a throw in with the Caleb Durban Kyle Harrison trade. But Marcella Meyer goes down, he steps up, He brings you energy. I mean, shoot, you go back to the will your home run. This guy was at the top step on the on the dirt doing a double fist pump. Holy cow, Like the guy was I Remember he didn't even have a good game that day, but he was still all fired up. Caleb Durban, like I said, he was the hero just a few nights ago. Hitting great over the last couple of months, he really stepped up over the stretch. Mas has come alive, hitting over three hundred with an OPS over one thousand in the month of July. Jamai Jones in his first Red Sox start, hitting a home run. The guy's killed the Red Sox in his career. Mona Stereo. He had a bad time on the basis tonight, we'll talk about that, but you know, he came up with some good performances, right he stepped up in New York against the Mets. You did see. You know, one thing we've talked about with this Red Sox team going back to the beginning of the year was the lack of power. Well no, I mean, they weren't by any means leading the way in home runs in the month of July so far, but they ranked fifteenth in home runs coming into tonight. The middle of the order has been huge over this run. William Wilson really stepping up here, said he he's just consistently been solid. You know, going over the whole season, he's been great, absolutely deserved to go to the All Star Game. I will say though, I will say, well, it's nice to, you know, see those guys bringing you the good thump in the middle of the order, guys stepping up. They need to figure out this leadoff spot. They've got to figure it out. That's I think a pretty surprising part of this run is they were doing all this while being the worst out of the leadoff spot. They were dead last in batting average and dead last and ops out of the leadoff spot coming into tonight, coming into today. That's like crazy to me, Like they have been horrible bat in the first part of the order. They have got to get that figured out. In my opinion, I don't know, maybe they maybe they feel like behind the scenes, it's not that big of a deal for me. I like a leadoff hitter. I like a guy that sets the tone. I feel like, you got to figure that out, and now you would love for Roman to be able to come back at a guy that gets on base. I feel like if you if if Roman came back healthy, you know tomorrow and you put them in the leadoff spot, like holy cow, Like now you're cooking. We'll see could that be something they address at the deadline. We've seen great defense over this stretch. Caleb Durban phenomenal at third base, Sunshade chang Over at shortstop. I mean, holy cow, the guy saved the game the other day. SETI great in center field. Devias has been solid behind the plate much. We've been seeing the aggressiveness with the Red Sox on the bases, but it was on display during this run. They were eleventh in stolen bases in the month of July coming into today. However, I think there were times where they did get a little too aggressive that in the month of July twenty eighth in base running run value. So you kind of saw an example of that here tonight with Monasterio getting thrown out a second base. Probably should not have tried to stretch that, but like that's an example a right coming up clutch over this run on eleventh and batting average seventh in ops with runners in scoring position in the month of July. Pitching has been phenomenal this month. Starting pitching ranks seventh in f WAR, top five in el ray. Bullpen has been great second in f War this month, first in era. However, I'm gonna play a little devil's advocate here a role as Chapman has been bumpy, has been bumpy. As much as we love Chapman, the guy's had an amazing career and he's been amazing for the Red Sox since coming here last year. He has been bumpy, though, and the numbers don't lie. Before and after the Colorado series he's been I'd say he's been pretty different. Going into the Rocky series, he had about twelve strikeouts per nine, walks were under four per nine. The era the FIP looked amazing. I'm not even going to count the Rocky series because whatever like that is just like just it's Colorado. It's course. But after that series his strikeouts have gone down under ten per nine and his walks have gone up to around five per nine. The command has been off with him. You feel like he's giving up more hard hits. That's something to pay attention to. I'm not sure, like is he fighting something mechanically? Is he going is he working through an injury? I'm not sure. I'm not sure, but Shaman has been a little bumpy and the numbers don't lie all at all. Though, ladies and gentlemen. They've put themselves back in to this wildcard picture. I mean, shoot, you could even say, I mean they have put themselves back into the division picture. Like this is crazy to me. July first, they were fourteen back in the division. They're currently seven back. They've cut that in half. In the wild card July first, they were six games back, and now you are holding on to the third wild card spot firmly. You are two games ahead of the Mariners as we speak. Incredible, incredible, man, oh man. With that said, you have got to add you have to do something at the deadline. You cannot sit on your hands. Craig needs to have his best deadline now. Maybe you know, I might be sitting here sounding like, you know, full of urgency. Maybe they're a little bit more relaxed about it behind the scenes. I don't know, but man, you have got to figure out a way to make a good move. And of course, you know, you gotta let the market play. You can't just force something to happen, right. But I hope he gets aggressive. I hope he doesn't get stupid with some stuff, because I don't want to get yourself into a bad deal like the Jim Boden Hunter Goodman trade. I don't care if people keep arguing with me about that. That is a terrible trade on paper. I'm okay with trading for Hunter Goodman, but not giving up Marcella Meyer, Connolly Early, Carlos Narvas and Kyson Witherspoon. Now that would be a bad trade. That is a bad use of value. You do not do that kind of a trade. And I and yeah, you have to get uncomfortable to be able to land a guy, but not that like there's a difference between uncomfortable and irresponsible. I'm okay with getting Go get uncomfortable, go make a move. And if you can go make a move for a guy that you could have over the next couple of years, if there's a way to do that, So yeah, Hunter Goodman, Shay Langlers a zach netto even go get a guy like that to make it worth it. You know, if you have to get a rental, then okay, But if you really want to get uncomfortable, go land that guy that you're gonna have for a little bit. You gotta add this team deserves it. This run was incredible. This team is good. It's it's just so it's still bonkers to me that, holy cow, how bad they were coming out of Colorado and now we're and now we're doing this like, man, it's so bonkers to me, like it blows my mind. I love that we're having this conversation because I'm thinking, you know, a few weeks ago, a couple of weeks ago, whenever, whenever it all started, I'm thinking, man, like, geez, like, we gotta start thinking like, all right, where are we gonna trade Sonny Gray? Where we're gonna trade Shadman? Are you gonna hang on to Wilson? I like this a lot better. So with that said, ladies and gentlemen, let's get things going here. Let's get things going. We got a lot to talk about here. That was actually a long opening. We do have a couple of sponsors, a couple of wonderful friendly sponsors for tonight. I'm gonna take a quick break because we've been here for about twenty minutes already, So take a quick break now, and then we'll get into the nitty gritty right back.
Speaker 2: What if you can actually have it all? And I'm talking about mint Mobile taking the premium wireless bouginess crats. But then bringing it to the transparency in pricing and the affordability in pricing.
Speaker 1: They're gonna lay everything out there with a cheap bill that you know what everybody can handle.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 2: You can even bring your current phone and your number if you're thinking about it and you're like, I'm worried about that, No worries. They have you covered because they're able to convert people all the time to the mint Mobile way. Go to mint mole dot com slash territory. That's mintmobile dot com slash territory. Cut your wireless build of fifteen bucks a month at mintmobile dot com slash territory.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: There's no catch upfront payment of forty five dollars for three months, ninety dollars for six months, or one hundred eighty dollars for twelve month. Plan required fifteen dollars per month equivalent taxes and fees extra initial plan term only greater than fifty gigabytes may slow when network is busy. Includes up to twenty gigabyte hotspot capable device required, availability, speed and coverage varies seemintmobile dot com.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, let's get to it here, ladies and gentlemen, let's go over game one really quick. I know on the screen right now we're seeing tonight's game, But let me go over game one. Obviously tying history. I mean, I guess you could say making history for crying out loud winning fifteen games in a row eighty years that we since we've seen something like that with the Red Sox. But game one, it was a pretty solid game overall. I'm thinking after that one, Wow, you actually have a shot to really make some history here tonight. The offense, Seti, Wilson, Durban all with good games. They all went two for four. Duran, Wow, Duran actually coming up with something. Maybe Duran's getting a little hot here, even though he has been really struggling, he has been hitting the ball a little harder as of late. I know tonight, you know, not an amazing night for duranm but had his third triple of the year, drove in a couple there. In Game one. He had a big first inning. Durbin with a base hit that drove in two. Duram with a triple that made it four to nothing. Seti with his ninth home run of the year, or not ninth home run, that's not correct. That was what was that. I knew there was something wrong with my note. Oh that was his ninth home run. Okay, so yeah, no, okay, ninth home run of the year. That made a six to two. Jake Bennett not his best outing, but he got it done. He navigated. Listen, and you gotta remember with the So's team, even though oh, we're thinking here, like, oh man, we couldn't make history. He couldn't win the sixteenth game, you still won two out of three against an Orioles team that was also hot coming into this series. You got to remember that, like this is an accomplishment. Yeah, of course you weren't able to make history here, but that's a really good series win in the end. And the Orioles offense, I mean, they got a lot of guys that can bang in that lineup. Again, he didn't. He wasn't at his best here today. He threw a lot of change ups, but his fourth seamer got hit really hard here today you lean more towards that than the sinker. But the first and the second inning, give up a couple of hits, a couple of strikeouts along the way. Rolby helped him out with a nice grab pop up got away from him a little bit, but he recovered. Third inning. I mean, you had a lead at this point for nothing, but give up a couple of doubles to a Loonzone O'Neill that made it four to one, Christian and Canarcio and Strand. Holy cow, this guy's come alive. He had a home run in the fourth inning that made a four to two. Then he bounced back, you know, fifth inning, give him a base hit to Alonso and then he struck out Tyler O'Neill. Six inning, Kobe Mao had a double and then he had another RBI base hit that made a six to three. Had a wild pitch there, So again, he wasn't at his best here today. Five and two thirds, nine hits, three earned three strikeouts, But hey, against an Orioles team that has been hot, and listen, you know game one, I mean it was a back and forth game that they were. I mean, their defenses were really cost him in that game. So that the fact that he was able to navigate around this Orioles lineup good for him. Not his best, but he got the job done. So yeah, the Red Sox tying the record fifteen wins in a row. But unfortunately Unfortunately it had to come to an end sooner or later. Now at Water Rivera getting the start here tonight, he was a complete mess coming out of this. Here's the thing. I mean, I don't know. I'm not gonna sit here and get onto a water Rivera. This is where I'm not trying to play the blame game. That's not what I'm doing. But if you're just looking at it from you know, the pitching staff, this is where you would like for Bail to be able to just be able to start the game. You know, the Red Sox have not been good with openers this year. They've given up a lot. I think now, I believe coming into tonight they had from openers, and like Rivera, he opened up a game. I think he went like three and two thirds like for guys like that. So Rivera, saman Diego and Moran. I believe they had given up twelve earned runs over ten innings coming into this one. So it's been a a they have not been able to get the job done with these openers. And then it kept going here tonight again, I think it's more so they're just completely out of their routines. I don't know what it is. It's very odd, but he was a disaster ward he flew out. You got the first out, but then Alonso with a ground rule double gunner with a walk, so the command was off. You could see it from the beginning. Tyler O'Neil, you had a ground ball to Durban. He throws at a Siegler at second base and Siegler dropping the transfer. I thought they had the out at second and then they said he was safe. I felt like he hadl enough control of it. It is what it is. Everyone ended up being saved. The base is reloaded. A wild pitch with Beavers up, they made it one nothing. Beaver's then with a base hit, made it three to nothing. Jonathan Rodriguez with a double off the Monster and Duran. He's been very good defensively this year, despite the bat not really there. He took a bad route this he tried to make a play out of it. I don't know. And that's another thing I think, could you say, you know the Red Sox they had they had history on their minds and they were trying to force things in the early going, and I think that could be a good lesson moving forward. Stick to what has been working, don't try to force because you saw that here tonight, Duran kind of taking just a weird route, tried to make a play and he was nowhere close. The ball got buy him. So yeah, holiday able to walk after that. Nervaias challenged it too, and I'm thinking, like why that wasn't even close and he's challenging it so again, like trying to force. That ended up being the end of the night for Rivera. BeO ends up coming in and you know, Bao actually pitched pretty well, give up a few base hits along the way, but overall Bao went five to third, give it four hits, but he struck out five. Opener. Bao has been great, He's been awesome. You just need him to do this starting the game. You know, it is what it is. Bail a good performance here tonight. But you know, hey, Rivera, I like Rivera. I think he's got good stuff. I think that's a guy that you know, I'm not. I've been seeing a couple of people already saying, oh we got a dfa Rivera. No, that's a guy who's shown some good potential, shown some good potential. So do they send him back down? Possibly? Maybe, But I don't know. Oh do they just option him? Okay, I didn't see that, so okay, Rivera has been optioned. All right, Well again, that's a guy. I still think he's shown that he can really give some some batters, some tough abs. You know, he's just got to get there, you know, get a bit more consistent mechanically. So it is what it is. Unfortunately, the offense well morane. He ended up giving up a run later on to Watson Gamboa. They were fine after that, but you know the damage was done and the Red Sox they just ran into Kyle Bradish here tonight, Holy col. You know who the Red Sox worst enemy was here tonight? Breaking pitches. Holy cow. They could not pick up breaking pitches here tonight. They were swinging and missing, got sliders, curve balls, were throwing them off, Holy Col. Breaking pitches were not the Red Sox friend here tonight. Bratish looked really good. They just got the extension for him. That's a guy went healthy. He's very good. He was getting a ton of swing and miss on sliders out of the zone. He was throwing his curve balls for strikes. The Red Sox just had no answers. They were getting fooled all night and thirdening this is where they started to press. I talked about it with Duran nerbias challenging there. But then Monasterio playing a little wall ball. You're like, okay, all right, here we go back in business, and all of a sudden, he got way too aggressive, tried to turn it into a double. He gets thrown out easily. Oh that one, that one cheese me off. Man. I'm like, dude, you that that isn't It's just I don't know, man, It's so listen, I'm not out there playing, I mean whatever, but I just feel like, you know, when you're down, you want bass runners. But this has been what the Red Sox have been preaching with the base running. They're aggressive, so it's like kind of it's in their brain at this point, like they're just going, you know, it just didn't work. It's one of the moments where it didn't work out. It's worked out for fifteen straight games, it just didn't work out here today. Fourth inning, Wilson of the double. He was all fired up, tried to rally the troops. Masa had a base hit man At four to one, You're thinking, okay, maybe a little could we we end up getting some Scott Hadiberg magic from moneyball. I'm thinking, oh, maybe maybe we got something. You got the one run of the fourth. It was funny because in the fourth inning, in the fourth it felt like that you were already like late in the game, Like it felt so intense in the fourth inning, and that's that was the moment for me, like, yeah, we've had this incredible streak, but that was the moment for me where I'm like, we're back. Because obviously, yeah, you've been winning a whole lot of games, you're back in the race. But this felt to me tonight that we're back. I haven't heard Family Park that loud this early in the game, Like there were some loud moments last year, obviously, but this early in the game. People were revved up, and obviously you're going for history, but it's just good to see the crowd back in do it again this early. I remember that back in the day, back in the golden times. I remember that fifth inning. Monasterio did make up for it, played the wall ball again, but he stayed at first This time. I thought this was pretty funny. Taylor Ward. He was laughing because Mona was like, nope, nope, nope, not doing that this time didn't lead to anything. Unfortunately, eighth inning, Jami Jones, he pink hit for Nervas. I didn't like that that spot. I'm like thinking, why is Jami Jones in here against the righty? Like this is the this is the guy you brought in to get for lefties. I don't know. Nevias hasn't been amazing with the bat this year, but I feel like, you know, as a guy that's gotten a couple of abs. I don't know. I just didn't like that pink shit didn't lead to anything. He struck out. Siegler had a base hit in the eighth inning. The place got really loud after that, but that was it. That was it for tonight. You had nothing. Ninth inning, weren't able to get anything going. You're thinking, Okay, maybe you know Wells back in there gave up the home runt of Durban the other night. So here's what it is. And I think in the chat you're saying, here, don't do it. Team was over confident and forgot the small ball. I do think they they got away from what they've been doing right for the last fifteen games. They were really But again, when you're going up against bradish Man, the guy's breaking stuff was on point here tonight. He was locked in. He had a good feel. When you got a good feel for those kind of pitches, you're tough to beat. Tough to beat. It is what it is.
Speaker 3: It is what it is.
Speaker 1: But that was it for the Red Sox here tonight, and unfortunately the end of their streak. Let's start a new one. Got we got more streaks. We got plenty more games to make some stuff happen, plenty more. We are going to do a preview for the Blue Jays series coming up. Also, you know, actually I forgot to say, I do you want to do a player of the game for today from game one? And uh oh wait, no, that's that's not the right one. I did not want to go with Caleb Durban. Hold on a second, Hold on a second, that's not the right one. Of course, we're having technical difficulties over here. Here we go, Here we go. I'm gonna go with Seti as my player of the game for game one. Had the homer good game for SETI in game one. Unfortunately, no Player of the game for game two. We only do player of the game for the wins unfortunately, but we do have the Blue Jays coming up. We'll talk about that. Maybe we can start a new streak, but before we do, we gonna take another quick break. We'll be right back.
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by fan Duel. Baseball Fans think you know who's hitting a home today, Well, FanDuel is giving you a free chance to call your shot with Daily Dingers. Joining the action is easy. Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. You've got nothing to lose and a lot to gain, and don't forget you can make a free pick every day all season long. It's just another reason why FanDuel is the home for home runs. So are you ready to play your game today? Join all the action at FanDuel dot com slash podcast. That's FanDuel dot com slash podcast to play Daily Dingers and make your free pick on who's hitting a homer. Playball and swing for the fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball.
Speaker 5: Twenty one plus select states for Kansas and affiliation with Kansas Star Casino eighteen plus DC, Kentucky, Wyoming. No purchase necessary, opt in required. Bonus issued is non withdrawable, profit boost tokens, restriction supply including any token expiration and max wager romount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler call one eight hundred my reset one eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven. Visit CCPG dot org, slash chat Connecticut, visit MD gambling heelp dot org. Maryland visit gambling Helpline MA dot org. Call eight hundred three two seven five zero five zero, Massachusetts call one eight seven seven eight Hope and why text hope and why.
Speaker 1: New York call one.
Speaker 5: Eight seven seven seven seven zero seven eight six seven Louisiana.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, we got the Blue Jays, ladies and gentlemen, and uh blue Jays are not looking good as of late. They're free falling as we speak. They have really plummeted. And listen, this is a Blue Jays team I've been giving a giving a chance to all year, but man, they have really been dropping off here. They've lost four in a row I believe. Yeah, they've lost here. So, yeah, they've lost four in a row, they've lost seven out of their last ten. They're ten games under five Hungdred So yeah, that's a team that's looking like they're probably gonna sell. I would imagine Kevin Gosman, maybe Dalton var Show could be available there. It's just not looking great right now. Unfortunately, we don't have the pitching matchups announced, so we'll have to wait and see on that. We do have the off day tomorrow, and I also I want to point that out too. I think it's a really good off day for the Red Sox obviously because you had this whole run, but this is a good off day where these guys because they yeah, they've had some rain outs of course, but you know they're coming to the park, right they're they're getting themselves ready, but this is now a known day off and they can go into tomorrow and sleep in, get themselves recharged a little bit, go do what they got to do, you know, get baseball off their minds a little bit, and uh, that could be a nice off day for them tomorrow, so let them recharge those batteries a little bit. But of course, like I said, the Blue Jays, they are struggling that there are no announced starters at this point, but if we're looking at the projected starters here, let me pull up the red sox here on Fangrafts and right now it's looking like I mean, so Ranger Suarez was supposed to start here today but they held him off. I guess he has an illness and I think they just didn't want to take a chance, you know, him coming back from the groin injury, so they wanted to be safe. But I would imagine he's going to be starting in this series coming on. Patrick Sandoval is lined up as well, along with Sonny Gray, but you never know, especially with the health still TBD at this point. But with the Blue Jays lineup again and they've been really struggling. The Blue Jays linup has been struggling all year. It's just been a it's been a disaster of a year for the Blue Jays coming off a World Series. It seems like they just that took so much out of him making that run last year. Yeah, I'm even like Vlad he's got an OPS under seven hundred. Ernie Clement's been solid. Nathan Lucas has been solid. You know, guys like Pinango Okamoto, they've been good. But you know, Springer, he's really come back down to earth after a good year last year, var show ops under seven hundred. I think he's missed a little time. Alejandro Kirk was injured. They had a lot of injuries. So you know he came back recently. You know, he's still finding his way. Yeah, it's just been it's been a mess. Now they've gotten some great pitching. Now. Looking at the guys that are lined up to go against the Red Sox on Fangrafts, they're saying Trey Savage for game one, Dylan Sees for Game two, and Kevin Gosman for game three. Oh, not excited about Kevin Gosman. This guy has wrecked the Red Sox in his career. Oh, Phoenix, you're right. The game on Fridays on Apple Oh, Apple TV, man, Man, that we just had one on Apple TV a little bit ago. Man, There's been so many Red Sox games on you know, like the what was it on Peacock or NBC or whatever it was, and they had the golf tournament on for the whole thing. Oh, I couldn't even watch the game until the fourth inning or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Gosh Apple TV again anyway, But hey, with the Blue Jays again. With the offense has been struggling. They haven't getting good pitching as well. You know, guys in the bullpen too. Louis Varland has been great, Rogers has been a solid pick up. Jeff Hoffman's been a lot better in a setup role. So yeah, I mean, you know, gott to try and figure out a way to get to the picture.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: The offense still struggling, but yeah, gotta be careful some of these guys, right, We'll see how that goes again off day tomorrow. Then you got that for the weekend series. Getting closer and closer to the deadline, ladies and gentlemen. But we got a couple of voicemails.
Speaker 3: Hi, Robbie, quick question.
Speaker 6: I wanted to know what your thoughts were on Marcelo Meyer being connected to the fifteen game win streak, because if he noticed, he was on the injured list at the start of this and he hasn't been part of the playing group since then.
Speaker 3: Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for all the great stuff.
Speaker 1: Hi, thank you, my friend. We can hear it this time. I apologize, ladies and gentlemen. I didn't realize the audio was turned off. That's weird. I don't know why that was turned off. But oh, you couldn't hear the first voicemail. So we just sat here quietly. I'm sorry. I'm sorry everybody about that. Oh that's awkward anyway, right, Marcella Meyer. Again, I've always I've been speculating about him, Like I said, year and a half ago, I was told, you know, there were concerns about him, you know, getting into the weight room consistently, you know, getting himself ready. But that again, that was a while ago, so no correlation in my opinion, with now. But it is interesting that going back to the off season, we've heard him pop up in rumors like you hear his name. I don't know, it's interesting, but yeah, he's been on the I l I don't question him wanting to be out there and playing, but I'm not really going to read a whole a whole lot into it. I think he was trying to play through an injury and he just wasn't effective. I think it's that. I don't think it's really anything more than that. I don't really read too much into that stuff, you know, I mean who because I don't know what's going on behind the scenes. So I'm not gonna be the radioheads that you know they try to take a story or any kind of a story and try to twist it. I'm not doing that because I don't know what's going on. I don't know anything behind the scenes, so that's not my job. My job is to I'm looking at numbers, I'm looking at the stats. I'm looking at how the games are being played. And his production was down. He goes on the il with an arm injury. I'm gonna leave it at that because that's what I know. So I think it was really that. I just think he just wasn't getting the job done, and you got a high energy guy like Siegler who was able to step in. He's come back down to earth. So you kind of wonder if second base is going to be something they address. So I see in the chat Paul Roberts his very little value. He still has good value because of the recent prospect status. He was a top fifteen prospect that's very good, and he plays a high value position at short His value is definitely dropped. It's still good though, but it's definitely come down. So if you were a trade, Meyer, you are going to be selling low on him. But I wonder if there is a possible way to get creative there. You know, I wouldn't say he's a bust. Yeah, I see in the chat, mister Poe. I'm not gonna say he's a bust yet. You know why because look at the guy that just won the home run derby, Jordan Walker. Do you know how many times I was seeing people saying that guy was a bust. You know, he's a first round pick back in twenty twenty three years he wasn't able to get anything going, and you look at him this year, breakout year, wins the home run derby. We've seen time and time again, guys, it takes him a little longer, you know. And Meyer, you know, I don't know. I mean that he got drafted like a little after that twenty twenty that weird year of twenty two. We were back to normal pretty much at that point. I don't know, like who knows, you know, what's been going on with all the injuries and everything. I'm not gonna say he's a bust because there's plenty of time. But obviously he's got to get himself going here because his values drop him by the day. Get healthy, and let's see what he looks like when he comes back. But yeah, just to answer this question really quick, I I don't know anything else other than the numbers that we see on the field and the fact that he's on the EYO. I'm gonna leave it that, But I think it says more to the guys that were able to step up for sure.
Speaker 3: Hey, Robbie loves the show. Just gotta say quick question.
Speaker 6: If you're Craig Breslo, what's to encourage you to.
Speaker 3: Add during the deadline? If you had a fifty game.
Speaker 6: Winning streak, why would you need to answer this team? If and Anthony and Garrett Cursha coming back allegedly, why mortgage the future if you have a team right now they can win, thinks by it's.
Speaker 1: A good point. It's a it's a very good point. I think that's a big question mark with those two though. Like Garrett Crochet, he talked I believe today or yesterday saying that he's looking to come back for the postseason, hopefully sooner than you know, much sooner than that, but it looks like they're eyeing hopefully a September return. But you know, he's still not even he's not even ramping up his throwing yet, so he still has a long way to go. He's gonna have to get out there back in the rehab assignments. That's a big question. Big question. Roman's a big question too. He's still not swinging a bat last time we checked, you know, so they're really being careful about that one. Hopefully once he starts swinging, he's good to go. I think you should add it always comes down to, like I've said a million times, what is the market going to be. We don't know that answer yet because there are still a lot of teams that have not declared what they are, so we don't know the full market yet. You don't know what opportunity is going to come out. You got to wait and see on all that if there is an opportunity where you can move on from guys that you are comfortable moving on from. I mean, you always got to get uncomfortable, but you have to to an extent be somewhat comfortable moving on from some guys obviously, because are willing to move on from them. So if there is an opportunity to bring in a guy that's under control for you know, two to three years to help you in this lineup, I think be open to that. If you're able to get someone like Luis a Rise who would be a rental, and if you can part with guys that you know that uh like, obviously I'm not giving up Franklin Arius for Luis a Rise. That's nonsense.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: But if you can find a deal that is not going to mortgage your farms system, and or you know, find some guys that you can move comfortably but uncomfortable at the same time, if that makes sense, then a go for it. You know, or you know we've been hearing about you know, Luis Garcia Junior. You know that could be in a way. I almost look at that as like a happy medium kind of a kind of a move because you'd have him for one more year. He's a guy that could really give you some good production from the left side. You just wonder how does he fit exactly? But you kind of wonder if if you can make some kind of an upgrade offensively, I'd be open to that. If you can find a way to fit him. And of course, like you know, that's where I look at the catcher position. It's it's very rare to make a big blockbuster trade for a catcher at the deadline. We we have that experience with Victor Martinez, that was a one of the you had Jonathan Luke Croix, that was another one. You don't see those moves very often. Could this be a rare time to do it? There's you know, you might have an opportunity if you can go get someone like Langleiars, that'd be awesome, you know, And again you just ping shit nervas for Jami Jones here tonight against the riding. That almost to me is like a sign like you you have really got to get some offense at that position. This could be your chance to go get someone like Langliers. I think you'd fit well with the team. He's got a cannon of an arm. Nervus is gonna move better behind the plate. But I'd be willing to sacrifice Nervas's blocks to get that arm in Langleiars. I think that's a trade off that you can do because you're also gonna get offense, right, You're gonna get that power from the right side of the plate. Now that might come down a little bit with a green Monster, the expected home runs for him at Fenway Park do come down a little bit, but still to get that kind of production from the right side of the plate be awesome, Be awesome. Anyway, we got let me play one more voicemail.
Speaker 7: Hey, Robbie, great wind streak here for Boston. My question was, what are your thoughts on trading Connolly Early With the emergence of Jake Bennett and the just amazing play as Sonny Gray Rangers swore is Peyton Totley and then with Ansten coming up with Crochet returning, what's your thoughts on maybe training Connolly Early.
Speaker 1: For that's you know, I was thinking about this earlier and I've mentioned Connolly Early is like, could he maybe in the right deal? Like, no, I'm not moving Marcelo Meyer, Connolly Early and Carlos Narvas along with Kyson Witherspoon for Hunter Goodman. I'm not doing that, But could there be some kind of a move because you mentioned it here with Bennett, who's really emerged, could there be something there with Early? But then again, you wonder what's Ranger going to be looking like moving forward? Would the Red Sox actually, and you see, you know what, obviously you won fifteen in a row, so it's great. So I'm not gonna sit here and say, oh, well look at this loss here tonight, like oh look, you see you have to do this right So no, like you just want fifteen in a row. However, when you think you just had to, you know, you go the openers have not been good. Bail, Sure, he's been going out of the bullpen, but do you want to have to keep trying this or would you rather just have a starter that can go every fifth day? Or would you you know, even if you gotta, you know, figure out who that guy would be every fifth day or every sixth day, would would you rather have that depth at this point? Because they have been having some injuries. So I wonder if the Red Sox at this point would rather kind of like what they did with the outfield last year, right having the four guys. I wonder if they would rather keep all of their pitching right now. Again, you never know what kind of an opportunity could come up. I don't know, but you kind of wonder if maybe they would rather hang onto their pitching depth, just in case if something ends up happening and you also think about it. Jake Bennett Payton totally Connolly Early kind of rolling with a sort of like a kind of like a six man in rotation. I'm not saying that exactly, but having that much depth could manage their innings better in the second half. Something to think about, you know, something to think about. But again, you've got to be open to whatever opportunities come up. So if you have a chance, for example, to get someone like Langlear's and the A's want Connolly Early. I think you listen, I think you listen. But we'll see, we'll see. We had some super chats come in. Let me get to those really quick, some good old so we had a few super chats here from Steve. Oh no, I missed a super chat Steve. I'm sorry, Robbie missed my super chat. The BAO formula hasn't worked all season. I'll only pull it back up. What to run though Duran still Steve cannot stand Jared Duran. Steve wants Jared Duran gone to the deadline. I'm sorry, mister super chat. Where did I miss?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 1: Was it from the other night? I apologize I apologize, but yeah, Bao, that's I just wonder what his role is going to be. I mean, do they send him back down to Woolster, you know, or do they keep him in this bullpen as a long reliever. I think that the fact that he got sent down to Worcester, I think at this point he's in a place where he'd be kind of happy with any sort of role on the major league team. So that's gonna be interesting to pay attention to. Mister Poe. What do you think of Monasterio a batting leadoff? I mean, I guess I'm you know, you can try it out against lefties. I'd be cool with that. I don't know about righty's though, lefties, i'd be open to something like that. We'll see. Glad to see. He's been hitting better lately, though, Paul Roberts, what do you think it would be to take to get a rise? He'd be amazing in the lead off spot and over it wants a power back. But yeah, I mean, it's gonna be tough to be you know, Langleiars Goodman come to come to mind Netto. It's gonna be tough to land those guys. They're gonna be expensive, but a rise. I just wonder if he ends up being realistic. I mean, if we're looking here, let me let me throw the simulator on really quick. Let me go to Baseball Trade Values. See what we got cooking. Let me get all this set up here. Arise is not going to cost you someone like Arius, No way, that's not going to happen. It probably will cost you something pretty decent though. I imagine at least one guy in the top ten. So if I pulled up a Rise, where are you at? So, yeah, he's got some decent value. It's not like a major surplus. He's at around six and a half on Baseball Trade Values, So you know, could this be a spot where you send back, say, I don't know, like would this possibly take Kyson Witherspoon, You know, could that be a situation where that comes into play or like a Henry Godbout, you know, kind of like one of those guys you know, like like you know value eyes here on the simulator. That would be like a minor overpay. But you kind of wonder, like someone in that that range, like if I were to pull up the Red Sox top prospects, let me see Red Sox top prospects here on pipeline, So like Kayson Witherspoon's number four, I mean he was their first round picks. I don't know if they'd want to give him up for a rental. I feel like you'd be more like you put him in a package. But you know, like Marcus Phillips, like, do you like if you had a situation where you had to send back Henry Godbout and Marcus Phillips for Luisa Rise. That is an example of like, oh man, that's like, oh you got to give up you know, god Bout's been good to the miners. Phillips, he was a higher draft pick. He's struggled this year, but still there's potential with him, Like do you give up those two guys? Like in this point, like Mikey Romero, you kind of wonder if he could get you know, he's having a down, Like could he be involved in something like joelan Cespitis, Like could that be a guy you maybe moved back in a deal for someone like a Rise. I would say it's guys that are like in that like six to ten range that you could maybe move for a rise, someone like god Bout or Phillips or Cespitis, who has been hitting better this year, like he on pipeline, he's ranked, he's dropped. He's number sixteen in their system on pipeline. But you know, he's not getting on base a lot this year. The batting average is a little lower, but he's got a slugging a four eighty six. So he's got seventeen home runs, so he's hitting for some good power. So you kind of wonder like could that be a guy that you send back? You know, I could say, you know, I actually wonder like, could you do you know that's an infielder, let's do that, let's do let's type him in. Yeah, like could you do like Cesspitas and Marcus Phillips for a rise? Yeah, you're giving up a little bit there. That is a that's actually that's considered a major overpay. But but again it's the deadline. So yeah, you're you're gonna be seeing a lot of overpays minor or major. So like, could this be a deal for a rise? You know, that's kind of where I think. I don't think it gets any crazier, like for someone like Arius, I don't I don't think that happens. So we'll see, Oh, super Chat at the buzzer. I was about to wrap it up right there. Super Chat coming on in from the Mexican superman. U bos role is ease the innings of rookie pictures. I think you be honest something with that, right, A guy that can come in I wonder if they do that like a few innings after these, like a piggyback kind of a thing. We heard that a lot with the Mariners this year. But could you do that here where he comes in for a few innings to kind of help manage innings a little bit? You know, I don't mind that. Again, pay attention to Bayo here in the second half if he has some kind of a role in the bullpen, because he has picked well out of the bullpen, kind of like a happy medium. He's not coming in for just one, he's not starting, but he can go for a few innings. You see it every time he comes out of the bullpen. He's fine. So because he because you can simplify things coming out of the bullpen. But everybody, I'm gonna wrap it up right there. That is all we got here for tonight. We've been here for an hour. It was a it was a great run. It was a great stretch. Uh, something I've never seen, something we've never seen, and we got to do it together. It was fun day off. Tomorrow we're back to business on Friday. We've got the deadline coming up, and it's good to know that we're in a good spot going into the deadline. Hopefully they can keep winning here the next week. Let's not drop like you know, let's not drop some games here. Let's keep this going, keep the winning ways up. Got go into this deadline strong, going into the deadline in a good note. But I think either way, you know they're right there in the wildcard race right now. You got to add, right, it's exciting exciting times. So but ladies and gentlemen, I'm out of here. If you can of the way out, hit the like button, subscribe if you're new. Thank of it to the members to coming out tonight, for coming out tonight, Thank you for the super chats. Appreciate you thinking of the voicemails. I might have an episode for tomorrow. Be on the lookout for that, stay tuned. Have it decided fully might have a separate episode. But if I don't see you tomorrow. We'll see you Friday. Talk to you then