Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Nathan Hager, joined by Bloomberg's Emily Graffeo on a down mourning for equities across the board, though probably not for oil stocks given the surge we're seeing in crude this morning. Good morning, Emily, Good morning Nathan.
Speaker 1: That's right. I'm looking at chairs of Chevron and Exon. Those stocks both up over two percent. Chevron up about two point five percent in the pre market, Exon up about three percent in the pre market. As you said, oil moving much higher this morning after President Trump's address last night where he vowed an escalation in the war, and he ran over the coming weeks, as John Tucker just mentioned, not really including much of a person sice timeline for an exit. So that is causing a risk off move in the broader equity market. But we are seeing oil higher and energy stocks higher.
Speaker 3: How are we seeing things affected when it comes to airline stocks. They've been dealing with rising jet fuel prices.
Speaker 1: Of course, Yeah, that's right. So we are seeing shares of both airline and cruise operators slipping, and this is all in the prospect of higher fuel prices weighing on sentiment. You have among these movers United Airlines down about four percent, and then also for United, we did see a downgrade this morning from TD Cowan, that firm cutting their target their price target on United Airlines to one hundred and twenty dollars a share from one. That's still higher than where the stock is trading now, but in terms of sentiment, not helping to see a price target cut there, but that would still be about a twenty five percent increase from the last stock price.
Speaker 3: Nathan, is that sentiment move part of what we're seeing in the Mag seven this morning? Just looking at Nvidia shares, they're down quite a bit as well this morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shares a Nvidia down about two point four percent, and the broader Mag seven is also lower, a meta alphabet Tesla all trading lower in the pre market. These were really the leaders of the market, you know, just a few weeks a few months ago, and so any type of move that is risk off in the market, it's going to hit these stocks and that's exactly what we're seeing this morning. So all mag seven stocks falling, and again it's kind of all on this idea that traders are unclear about when the exit for this Iron war is and Trump really not giving traders any reassurance or really any explanation for the war. Last night, of course, we could see that trade reverse, but at least this morning, the trade for these mag seven stocks is lower.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you got to think that's part of what's dragging the broader market lower as well, given the waitings for those stocks. Of course, but it's not all read and not just in the oil sector either. The biggest gainer in the pre market this morning, what is behind the move for Global Star?
Speaker 1: Okay, so global Star is a satellite provider. The shares are up about eleven percent right now, Nathan in the pre market. Amazon is said to be in talks to acquire this satellite provider. This is according to reporting from the Financial Times, but Bloomberg had also been reporting earlier that this company was potentially exploring an acquisition. So this is a deal that will bolsterore Amazon's effort to build out its low orbit satellite network to compete with SpaceX starlink. This is kind of like a key piece of infrastructure that Amazon could use to build that out. So Global Star shares trade under the ticker gsat up over ten percent.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.