Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: What's going on earn is welcome the EYL University, the number one place for business education.
Speaker 3: Shaddy Tale will be bringing Yes.
Speaker 4: EYL University already has over one hundred past webinars from all areas of business. It includes weekly webinars from industry leaders It includes access to our investment Facebook group.
Speaker 5: Movie club, our book club.
Speaker 4: It also includes access to monthly financial planning calls with yours truly. But what has been added has access to MG the Mortgage Guys home Buyers Blueprint over fourteen hours everything you need to know as far as the home buying process is concerned. And also what has been added is access to our monthly group chat call. So once a month, Me, Troy and the whole team is going to let you in on our personal plays, our portfolio, what we're doing, and more so all of that. We are running for a special promo code of seventy percent off for a limited time only. So at the Eyluniversity dot com right now and take advantage.
Speaker 5: You know it's works.
Speaker 3: Don't wait, don't hesitate it. We'll see you on the other side. Earners, what's going on? You are now?
Speaker 2: The cliff Notes the number one place for investment strategies, tips and advice. Make sure you have your note pads ready, but more importantly, make sure you're ready to execute on the information.
Speaker 6: I think the best thing to do is to have a goal, right, like buying a house. To me, I'm living in this house and it's a two family house, so that pays half my mortgage, you know, and my mortgage is less than what my rent would be for something this side. Three bedrooms, you know, two and a half bathrooms, a full backyard brownstone. And so I think what you have to do is think of what a smart investment is to you. And if you're living here, you would have been paying rent somewhere else, and so to me, that's money you would have been spending anyway. And so the two family house or a three family house, if I would have had a three family house, it would have probably paid the home mortgage. It was just coming up with that down payment. And so that's why I'm a big fan of having a goal of financially Every month, I have a goal of how much I want in my account for the next move I'm about to make. So I go really hard to reach it. And I've been doing really good at that, and so it helps me. Not because I used to be such a spend I used to love to shop, like I would be at the mall literally every week, you know, what can I buy? What can I get? But when you have goals like that, it makes you realize how unimportant that can be and not that you can't treat yourself, but it'll be like, Okay, I've hit this goal, I made this money. I have an extra fifteen hundred dollars. What am I going to do with it? You know, let me do something nice for myself. But I really do things, like I'm really big on using points. I use my MX cards for everything, and like, even I have a new house in Brooklyn that I'm renovating, I'm putting everything on my MX car so I can get those points and then I'll be buying furniture with the points that I got from using my MX card. You know, when I travel, I always fly on Delta because I have so many free flights now that I can use, and I get upgraded all the time because of my status on there.
Speaker 7: So I just try to do things that I know makes sense for me.
Speaker 5: That's something that's extremely important.
Speaker 2: Shot to the Hipop hundred Style has like.
Speaker 4: And all this stuff, but he was like, he's not buying all this design and stuff. He spends one hundred thousand dollars a month on Facebook ads and on his AMEX cards and he gets like seven thousand dollars reward points back so that seven thousand dollars reward points.
Speaker 5: He just goes to Nemen markets and just goes crazy.
Speaker 3: I got my first.
Speaker 7: Lily bag and my first and bag with points on my MX car.
Speaker 5: As though that's a gym in itself, Well it is that.
Speaker 4: Well we got to save that one in that's that's separate. That's a different one. But Angela, that's something that's extremely important. As far as house hacking. I don't want people to breeze over that because shout out to MPT the mortgage guy. We talked to him and he always talks about house hacking. House hacking is like when you live like what she's doing. She's a two family home, you live on one unit, you you rent out the other unit, or three family or four family whatever. So I think it says a lot when somebody she's famous and she's humble enough to living in a two family home renting out the other part because she under stands that it makes economic sense a lot of us, Like some people are struggling day to day and they got too much.
Speaker 5: Prize somebody else right right, like what I'm saying. So it's like I don't want that to get missed in this conversation.
Speaker 2: Let alone, you couldn't walk in the property before she had it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I can't even see it.
Speaker 5: That's that's a lot to think about.
Speaker 4: People think about it, like I said, she has to do that, but she understands the importance of it.
Speaker 5: And it's like, why not.
Speaker 3: Can we talk about balance?
Speaker 2: Me? We go back and forth all the time about balance. He likes to have life unbalanced, just how he operates. I like to have balance. I'm listening to you. You're waking up at four am. Most people can't do that. That's dedication, right, your Hall of Fame radio career. Right, you have the real estate portfolio, you got the juice bars. You just said, you got the coffee shop. People forget that.
Speaker 3: You actually have a very successful podcast, right lip service. By the way, we came to your live show.
Speaker 5: We did come to.
Speaker 3: Great show. Davies was there eighty five hours? All brothers were there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What does balance look like for you? Erners? What's up? You ever walk into a small.
Speaker 2: Business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more. That's sure com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day.
Speaker 3: It's like banking with P and C Bank.
Speaker 2: It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live a more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find and amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now, and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 6: Oh and the last thing I want to say is I did open a store in Detroit, also a herestore, a private label, and I can't forget that.
Speaker 7: I just open it in January.
Speaker 8: And go support it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's all thank you. It's like Emil and the Quinn every baby, come see.
Speaker 5: Us heavy in Detroit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen. How do you manage this? All? So?
Speaker 6: Balance for me is like like I've been working all day today. I know I have things that I have to do. But what I try to do is I always try to have one day out of the week during the week that I don't have a lot to do. So on that one day, I might have like a couple of really light things and that's when I handle stuff I need to handle for myself. And then on the weekend I try to make sure one of those two days is not super busy for me. Also because it is important to take a break, Like I try to make sure I get enough sleep. If I know I've been up working, I make sure like I'm going to bed at nine o'clock on you know, Thursday night, because I plan it, like I plan everything. My schedule is just super rigid and organized, like down to the minute, and so you know, that's it. And then a lot of times I try to mix business with pleasure as far as if I know I had some things to do, and you know, before there was a pin pandemic, but if I know I had somewhere to be, I'll invite some of my friends to come with me because I know they'll have a good time. For me, it might be work, but for a lot of them it's fun. And so that makes work fun for me when I have people that are fun around me.
Speaker 5: There you have it.
Speaker 3: It sounds like, offer to achieve over the next five years and how can we help?
Speaker 7: You said, what, what's.
Speaker 4: The biggest goal you're trying to achieve over the last five years, and how can we help?
Speaker 6: So my biggest goal is for these businesses that I started, I want them to be right now. I'm in an investment stage of everything, I feel like, you know, except for the juice bar, which has been open for a few years now, but like with the hair store, I need that to you know, start making money. And I mean it makes money now, but I need to get the return on my investment for the coffee company. The goal for the coffee company is for me to be able to be in stores, and I have all these meetings with different supermarket chains coming up for that and for the Press Juice Company, and so I want to make sure that those businesses are you know, huge multi million dollars one hundred million dollar businesses, and that's the goal for those. And then I'm going to franchise the coffee shops, and so I'm building it out so that it'll be franchisable so that other people can open their own. And we're doing our whole education program when it comes to coffee, because there's a lot in the coffee business that people don't know about.
Speaker 7: And every business that I do, I try to make.
Speaker 6: Sure that I'm always educating myself on it and taking classes and like learning everything so that I become somewhat of an expert on it, because I think it's the worst thing if you open the business and don't know anything about the business that you open.
Speaker 4: That's a gym. That is a gym. Moddies and gentlemen, are we gonna take the question, Yeah, how we doing with time? And they gotta get up early. You got a couple more minutes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm fine.
Speaker 3: Can we try like an ask you segment?
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Let's do it. I think he's familiar with that.
Speaker 5: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go Drew ground.
Speaker 5: We're not getting we're not getting really avice.
Speaker 3: No relationship advice, be respectful. Uh, dree yourself. He's been up here. That's going on.
Speaker 8: How's it going, y'all? My question actually for for you guys, it was about opening up the roth So I just had my brother open up a rock. But when I was looking up roth a count's on Investipedia, it was saying that it has to be earned income and he doesn't work a job and he never has, so, like, is he able to open up that roth a count?
Speaker 5: How old is he?
Speaker 3: He's nineteen?
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, they're not really gonna check it like that. It's really for the miners, I mean, but yeah, it's supposed to be. Like I mean, but how is he gonna put money if he never if he never had, if he doesn't work, you're gonna put money in for him?
Speaker 8: Well, he has a he has a banker, he has like a savings account with some money that he's made throughout his life, and we were just gonna move that money into his RYE.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean to give your because every the bigger we get a lot of people. The technical police are coming down on us at an alarming rate. I put a poster Cazar and they're like, that's tax fraud. He's gonna put you in jail. So pay your taxes. Yes, yes, it has to be earned income that you received. So I'm gonna give you the technical answer on this, and you can tell him that once he starts working, then he can start putting money into his retirement account.
Speaker 2: To hear a more extended conversation, make sure to check out our live YouTube show Market Mondays every Monday, eight pm Easter Standard Time, seven pm Central, and check out the Market Monday's podcast on iHeart, Spotify, Apple or wherever you download your podcast.
Speaker 9: Now my graduates from my school being false back and drop drop Mike, drop drop drop.
Speaker 6: Hey, everyone, this is Tatiana Manning, host of Real Talk with PGNI. We know small businesses are dealing with rising costs and looking for ways to boost their bottom line. That's why we're doing the show to help customers save with simple and easy to do steps by making sure they're on the most optimal rate for their business.
Speaker 8: So check us out on pg dot com, Ford Slash, real Talk, and all other streaming platforms.