Speaker 1: The volume. Man, Welcome to nightfold of the night Cap, takeover best James dee Bo Harrison, I'm t J Hush Mazata. Make sure y'all like y'all hit the subscribe button and don't forget your text a friend, you call a friend, you tell them to do the same thing. And at the top corner of the chat, we do have the link for James's merchandise.
Speaker 2: Make sure y'all go get y'all some de bo gear.
Speaker 1: As you see he's sporting his own d bow always Chad ain't here. He trying to intimidate Chad through the screen. Let's see if Chad chat texts me up during the show to letting me know that he's not intimidated. So we gonna seek. We're gonna kick the show off, get right into it with football. And I actually like this topic because it's not many of us in this role. And you'll see where I'm going. So Tom Brady says he's a sounding board. He will be a sounding board for anything the Raiders wonder need. I mean, you're a part owner, you should be. But my question to you is, would you have any interest of being part of the front office. Zip zero donata. I don't want none of that. Would you have to have known the team? No no interest? So playing is enough of a headache. Now you gotta control everything else combined with that and every Tom Dick and Harry who thinks he knows better than you and can do this defense offense because he played you know, this video game and he does well on it. It's nah, I'm I had no desire. You you got a desire to do that? I mean other than the money, it's nothing else I would do it. I wouldn't say I have a desire to do it. I just feel like if I was in the front office now, it just it depends on your role in that front office. Look, the role in the front office like like a scout. No, you have no say. So you go scout a guy. You may like a guy that gim may not like him, they don't draft him. But if I'm a decision maker, if my words mean something has like and mean I can pull some weight around. I thought yeah, because I feel like I understand talent. I know talent.
Speaker 2: At every position.
Speaker 1: So what happens when you get that talent in there and don't paying out the way that you thought it was go paying out. That's okay, everybody. Now, I'm not going to batter. I'm not going to bat a thousand. Nobody I ain't said you go bat a thousand. I mean a lot of people, don't nobody better thousand.
Speaker 2: I'm a bad at least seven hundred. Stop it, I'm telling. And when you sit.
Speaker 1: Down and meet with these dudes and number one, you can tell who genuinely loves the game or they just playing the game for what the game brings them, whether there's money, attention women like you, you don't know. But talent wise, oh, I'm meiling that. I'm meiling that. Okay, talent, talent. What you're doing in the off field can overshadow your your talent, and you're a person that has tremendous talent. But when you off the field, you you out in the club, you out in the strip, club, you out in the streets, and your night life is just as fantastic as your playing field. Your career is going to be shortened. You can only do You can only burn a candle from both ends so long. I agree with that to a certain extent. I don't care if you're out in the club. It's what you're doing in the club. I don't care. If you're in the strip club, are you going all the time? Are you getting drunk? It's people that go out, they don't drink. They just hanging out with their teammates. So what are you doing when you go out? For me, the percentage of those people that go out, how many of them don't drink?
Speaker 2: I didn't like I was. I didn't say. I'nna say.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say probably that don't fifteen to twenty. It ain't even that high, bro, It's more like five to ten. It may be fifteen to twenty.
Speaker 2: Stop it.
Speaker 1: You get ten, you get you get ten of your homeboys together right now.
Speaker 2: No that they'll drink.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is each time they go out, each time they going out, And then how often are you going out? It depends like if you're playing in Pittsburgh, how often you going out? You're playing in Cincinnati, how often you going out? Now you're playing in Miami, you're playing in New York, you playing in LA you're playing in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: That's different, but you not gonna bat a thousand.
Speaker 1: I just feel like if I'm giving that opportunity, I'm drafting some talented players, now, am I gonna miss him?
Speaker 2: Are in there? Absolutely? But how many of us are in that position? That's the problem. Listen.
Speaker 1: I don't want the responsibility of being in that position. I'm good me personally, I'm jumping two feet in. But they they're not giving us those positions. When I say us people of color, we don't. We don't get those type of opportunities to advance up the rates. They want you to start in the basement. They want you to start in the basement, like you don't want to start in the basement. Though, I don't need to start in the basement. I'm my accolade. I'm I should start above at Hey, man, some people can play the game, but tackler and can't just talent to say their life, I ain't some people that that's the difference. I'm not so you, I said. Some people I know were speaking between you and I. Now, you wouldn't even want to own a team like our owner. No, none of that.
Speaker 2: I don't know none of that, man.
Speaker 1: I see, I love playing the game, man, I love playing the game. When I played the game, after I was done playing the game, you know that was that was sort of it.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I watch you know here and there.
Speaker 1: If it's something I need to you know, talk about or whatever, I'll pay more attention to it.
Speaker 2: But other than that, I love to play the game.
Speaker 1: Everything else that comes with it, I'm good, especially if I'm not playing it.
Speaker 2: For sure, coaching is nothing, no desire on you at all. It's too much time. That is very like.
Speaker 1: That's my biggest reason because I've been off for jobs in the league. That's my biggest reason that I want coaches because one, I want to be around my children.
Speaker 2: I want to see my kids grow up.
Speaker 1: Like you have all the money in the world, does it matter when you don't have a relationship with your loved ones, because ultimately the mama's going to be the doing all the raising. Your wife or their mother is gonna raise them because you're not around. We know from our coaches, like Bruh. Let's say Sunday, you see them Sunday night. If you play a home game Monday night, they have the facility all day game planning Tuesday night, then the facility all day game planning Wednesday night, then the facility all day game planning. You'll see them a little bit Thursday. You'll see them a good portion Friday. Now if you playing away game, they flying out Saturday. Yeah, now you really don't see them. And then you know, you get them coaches that they don't like day White.
Speaker 2: So now they.
Speaker 1: Standing in the Yeah you smiling and laughing because you know exactly what I'm talking about and talk about. They got it, They got a game plan. Wasn't until eight, nine o'clock. They could have left at seven. The nine o'clock them dudes, is today day like this?
Speaker 2: Yeah coach?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got to sit in here till yeah time about eleven eleven thirty twelve. So yeah, I'm probably just gonna sleep on the air man, Okay, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: See you tomorrow. Like that's what they doing. They're not even going home, and so I ain't doing that, Like I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I don't want to coach with a coach and the coaching staff where they in there till like ten eleven twelve.
Speaker 2: Sometime they in there till one o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: Bro, are you getting you getting? You're getting teen on Mondays and Tuesdays?
Speaker 2: Easy.
Speaker 1: But from what I've been told, like that's the old school coaches. That's the Bill Cowers, the now the Sean Payton's all the coaches that came under Parcels probably Dan Campbell, them new age coaches, the Sean mcbays, the Matt Lafleor's no, no, no, they out of there like eight o'clock, nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: Max, that's still eight nine o'clock.
Speaker 1: You got to realize something like you're in there now for me, like, okay, you're in there.
Speaker 2: They're in there most of.
Speaker 1: Time before the players get say him five and at the lady and then they're there. Are another at least three to five hours after the players league, especially once you get into it into the season. Now they got to break down and practice stuff. They got to do all that, get ready to prepare something else for the next for the next day. Like it's not I'm not, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't love it like that.
Speaker 1: I do, but I'm I don't love it enough to not have a relationship with my kids. And it could be because I never met my dad or damn my life.
Speaker 2: I'm a junior. I'm Taraj Schuschmanzaein junior. I never met senior. I don't even know him. I don't know what he looked like.
Speaker 1: I don't know him, and so that could be why I am the way that I am. Never met him. And I want to make sure that I'm present for my kids. I don't want to just be around. I want to be present. I want to go watch their games. I want to go to school activities. When my kids is playing bro, me and my wife, we ain't miss a practice or game, like we sitting there and practice chilling like all the parents drop their kids off, they gone. We just sit there and were watching practice. Yeah, I ain't going to mean for with our son, like I'm not the only part of it. Like ownership, Oh I for sure. I like that also because I wouldn't be in the owner that people want to work for me.
Speaker 2: Like I believe when you own.
Speaker 1: Anything, if you treat your employees like they matter, you treat them with the purpose, you make them feel appreciated, they gonna go above and beyond.
Speaker 2: And that's the type of owner that I would.
Speaker 1: Be, because your employees are gonna be a reflection of how great or how bad your business is and how it grows. And so I'm a treat I kind of I kind of I kind of disagree with that in the football terms, because rather you like or dislike your owner, I can still advance myself by making sure the players that are under my tuolage do well, and I can get out of that situation and advance myself. When you're talking about a different kind of business, then yeah, I understand that you.
Speaker 2: Make sure they do well.
Speaker 1: And add if you I credit my linebacker coach Keith Butler with my development, he should I consider he is the.
Speaker 2: Coldest colders linebacker coach I ever had.
Speaker 1: He was able to teach me the game so that I could I could understand it because he played the position. He understood when he was asking me to do something that was difficult, and you know what, you might not be able to get it done all the time, but this is what you need to do. He gave me different things that I could do at the position that still translated. He played back in the seventies, eighties, whatever it was, he's still translated.
Speaker 2: No, he's done now. Okay.
Speaker 1: So then when you went to you left Pittsburgh and went to Cincinnati, who was your linebacker coach? You got me racking my head now, okay, don't lie though. Was he trash or was he good? I really didn't have to learn anything then, to be honest with you, you know what I'm saying. You, So everything that you were taking Pittsburgh, you just kind of carried that.
Speaker 2: You already had. Yeah, already had with me, it already had. So I guess position it varies, man, this ship varies.
Speaker 1: Gunthers. That sound right, Gunther guna ye yeah, PAULI che yeah, yeah. Like I guess it's different about positions because at the receiver position.
Speaker 2: You on your own. Bro, you are on your own.
Speaker 1: If you don't get better outside of the building, Man, you done.
Speaker 2: Thanks teaching to snap down and to come back and all the other stuff.
Speaker 1: How they gonna teach it? They ain't never done it. They YouTube coaches. Hey, I ain't gonna lie to you. That's something that I really believe helps players is getting a player to come in and coach. But jack players can know in respect. We talk about this all the time. I don't know, are you unlike the h A chat with like some of your former teammates, like a text thread or.
Speaker 2: Yall got man, listen, I got up out of there. Man.
Speaker 1: You get into one of them. Man, you look at your phone. You know, you don't check the everything. You go back ten minutes later, it's one hundred and seventy five.
Speaker 2: Ta, you ain't got to read them. You gotta read them all just to catch up.
Speaker 1: Nah, I don't do that, So I'm in. I'm in those right, chat, Ain't it?
Speaker 2: Also?
Speaker 1: Sometimes like me and everybody don't always comment, But I say that to say is we talk about that all the time. Is coaches are intimidated by former players. If they weren't a former player, they a intimidated by that pause. The current players are going to listen to you more than they listen today, coach, and they feel threatened.
Speaker 2: They feel threatened, like.
Speaker 1: Bro, if Buddy plays well, you getting all the credit, they not gonna get me nonhing, Like why do you feel threatened?
Speaker 2: I'm not taking your job? That to me is the like the receiver position.
Speaker 1: It's probably five good coaches in the league, Bro, five the rest of them.
Speaker 2: Get on YouTube.
Speaker 1: They'll see so and so run a really good route and think that's how you run all your routes. No, that was just a mistake play Literally, DV played that position. That's what he needed to do. Like, you can't run every route like that that d d ain't gonna.
Speaker 2: Play that thing the same way.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I've seen it first had and I'm not even gonna name the team.
Speaker 2: I'm not No, I'm not do that. I'm not gonna do it, even name the coach. But what teams you played on? No, No, I didn't play for this coach and I didn't play for this team. Okay, what teams did you play for? Then? I played?
Speaker 1: I went Sinci, Seattle, Baltimore, the Raiders. My last year with the Raiders, I should have played.
Speaker 2: So we know it ain't them.
Speaker 1: No, it ain't none of those teams. Okay, too many teams. You ain't gonna figure this one out. But this coach, bro saw him there I'm watching and he started to implement drills and teach guys how to do this. Noah, don't get me here, man, No, this is a truth. This is a true story. I know what you're about to say. Man, he got you doing the drill that don't even correlate to anything that's gonna happen on one player. And believe me, I know I've seen it. And so hold up though. So one of the players, one of the starters, was he wasn't practicing. So I'm standing watching. He's standing next to me and he talking like this with his hand over us. Now so the coach nobody can read his lips because you know it's cameras, and he was like, you agree with this?
Speaker 2: I was like nah. He was like, I know you don't agree with this. Bullshit.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know why he got us doing this. And so then the other players he come asking me throughout the day and the next day because I went to a couple of the practices and so then the coach asked me, like what do you think? And I said, I don't agree with it, but I won't undermine you. I'm not gonna teach them something different than you teaching because this is your job.
Speaker 2: I won't do that.
Speaker 1: But they feel so threatened that they don't want you a ram. That is the problem. Like you gotta get receiver position. If you don't get better on your own, it's a rap. And that's why I think the receivers coming in are much better now because they are getting better on their own.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: They may run into a trash trainer here and there, but for the most part, these dudes is getting better on their own because coaches, and they know this. Offensive line coaches, they don't want to bring in a former player because the majority of the former player is gonna teach something different than what the old line coach is teaching because.
Speaker 2: He ain't never done it.
Speaker 1: There's some good ones, but the majority of them mark the receiver coaches though, bro, I promise you, man, it's comical. It's comical. Like oh no, no, no, no, believe me. I've I've heard, I've heard of things that nods.
Speaker 2: That I trained.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Literally, man, I can show you, text me, I put up here, but then you'll see the name and they'll figure out who the coach is. But like they literally will call and text me and be like, oh my god, dude, this dude don't know anything. He's like nothing.
Speaker 2: Man, listen, listen, just listen.
Speaker 1: I've seen I heard I heard a linebacker drill where they had the linebackers like you shuffle, punch over the bag, then you then you then you passed russ, you stripped the quarterback, and then you dropped for it.
Speaker 2: Then you dropped for a pass to pick it off. That was all that, Yeah, that was all in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, I'm like okay, and then you know, everybody trying to reinvent the whell you know what I'm saying, like, no, stick with you know, stick with or work you want to come up with this, you want to be the mastermind in this new defense that got fifty thousand gaps in it. You know it's not gonna work. If people think, oh, you in the NFL, it's the best of the best. When it comes to coaching, that's not the case. No, You've got some great coaches, but you got some terrible l ass co Like there's good doctors, there's bad doctors.
Speaker 2: Yes, you have police officers. There's bad police officers.
Speaker 1: There's good teachers, there's bad teachers, and some of them coaches are bad teachers. And they don't realize that. I just know at the receiver position, it's very few, and they the ones they know who they are. Yards with the Rams, great mccardal with the Vikes, great a Dub with the Saints, great, uh, Sean Jefferson great.
Speaker 2: I don't even know where Sean at now, and I probably left out like two more. That's it, Troy.
Speaker 1: Everybody else, everybody else is trash and they and they know it. They know it. They okay, they getting on YouTube, Instagram and teaching some that ain't realistic, but they think they right. They really be thinking they're right. And I just believe me, man, I totally. I've seen I've heard of it sometimes I've seen it, you know, but it's down near every position, but one TJ. He would like to get in the front office. TJ would like to get on. I'll be a called ass on. You also got to realize, like some some coaches that are in that position may not hire a guy that they that could do a better job because maybe they're threat you know, they don't want to have they don't want to have to have any pushback, you know, at any of their you know, coaching positions, at any of their you know, coordinator positions.
Speaker 2: They want to be able to do what they want to do.
Speaker 1: So you know, you get you know, you may get guys that are getting hired and the like, who is that?
Speaker 2: Who is that? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's probably somebody that can do the job, but they're going to be easily pushed around. They're not going to push back on anything. And you know, you gotta realize you get hired by somebody. You know, you can't do too much pushing anyway unless y'all have a relationship built already where y'all have an understanding because you can lose your job when he said, coaches talk to you like you the son and they the daddy.
Speaker 2: And that's another reason.
Speaker 1: Like if I'm not highly up here, like man, ain't no way ahead a grown man that's gonna yell at me and disrespect me. And I don't second nothing. I'm not sitting there taking that. I'm not sitting there taking that. So I'm getting fired first, second, third day, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know you. I'm gonna look at it. Who the fuck are you talking to?
Speaker 1: That's the first That's what I would get your They're gonna be called a security argument, but it is a lot of that, and we're gonna transition then is it's out confrontational, but it's confrontation on the business world. This is we doing this for Chad because my boy Chad is a huge soccer fan. In Europe, they call it football killing. Ibope, you watch a little soccer, you know that is who the fuck is ut?
Speaker 2: Okay? He a little light skin he called in soccer though he called.
Speaker 1: So he sues PSG for sixty one million dollars in unpaid wages. Now sixty one thousand, sixty one elms in unpaid wages. I don't know like the ins and outs of it, but sixty one million. So I bring that up to say, at one point in time you was up for contract negotiations, did you ever have any moments where you just was heated and it just went less? No?
Speaker 2: I let I really let my agent take care of all of that. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't talk directly to anybody, because you know, that's what you're aident is there for to be the middle man, to be to be the person that I'm gonna go and I'm gonna say something reckless and crazy to him and he go put it into good words, you know, to them.
Speaker 2: So I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't talk to I didn't talk to anybody when I when I did my contract negotiation, when you would actual agent like hey, what's going on, and he would tell you like it didn't kind of piss you off a little bit.
Speaker 2: It just depends on what it is. And and a.
Speaker 1: Lot of the negotiation stuff that you know I was going through, it was you got to realize you start they starting low, they starting low, they low balling you. Yeah, they low balling you. And like my first time ever. Yeah I was hot. He was like, don't worry about it. This is what this is how it goes. This is what happens. You know what I'm saying. So you know, once I realized that, you know, you just go back to them real fast, like Nope, not happening, come back with something else. I don't know if it happened to me like that, but when I when I left the Bengals, I had a certain number in my mind, like, you're gonna compare me to this receiver. Cool, I'm gonna compare myself to that same receiver. Oh, my stats are now better than that receiver. I'm doing more than this receiver. So now I'm gonna compare myself to this receiver. And I think what happens is when you see yourself here and the team sees you here, it starts to get a little personal. I know when I left the Bengals, I left it was strictly a financial decision.
Speaker 2: It wasn't you. I'm a dude.
Speaker 1: I get comfortable and if I can make it work, I'm gonna make it work, and that's what I wanted to do. But it was like I was drafted late. You were undrafted. We we got to get every dollar a week and get finally be taking those discounts. Right, So I'm I'm getting frustrated about, like, y'all really offering me this. I was underpaid the last three years, so y'all got me at a discount for three years.
Speaker 2: Now you're really gonna try to load. So I was.
Speaker 1: I was frustrated, and so that's why I left Cincinnati and went to Seattle. And then the Bengals turned around and they signed Antonio O'Brien. Antoniobrian went to Pick and there they basically gave him what you want to be, right, Yeah, but a little more more than they offered me, but a little less than what I wanted, right. Okay, he played there one year, one season, so he got like thirteen thirteen million guaranteed, one season done. They released me, didn't do nothing. I don't know if he was hurt or not, because he was a baller. Then the next year, wait, I'm off they signed Laverniest First. They sign Lavernius Coles first, got rid of him after one year. The next year they signed Antonio Bryant. That's what it was. So those two seasons was twenty four million in guaranteed money that they gave both of them. If they would have given that shit to me, I would have walked from California to Cincinnati to sign that guy straight up. And so it wasn't like a like a baden. It was just like I couldn't believe it because that year, the year that I left, they actually made the playoffs and they played the Jets, and that's when they put Reavis on Chad and the other receiver couldn't get open. And I'm like, if I was there, we would have won because I for sure gonna get open. That's a nick in tea. I'm getting open. And all y'all had to do was slide me a few more millions. But y'all end up giving these dudes twenty four over two years, and I'm like, damn, that hurt me in the pocket, and it hurt them on the field and in the pocket because they didn't get no return on their investment the playoff game, so they had made more money off of that. And so that for me was like the only time that I went through a negotiation that I felt like, oh, man, like this.
Speaker 2: Is kind of pissing me off. And then you see what happens, like you I left here, that's a little different. I never went to I never went through anything like that.
Speaker 1: And like no loud or it kind of pisses you off because you're calling your agent like, hey, what's going on.
Speaker 2: Ah, they at this number. You think they're gonna get up. I don't know. Then they call you a couple of days later. You see that. You'd be like, yeah, yeah, yeah, something that happened. What's up? Same thing.
Speaker 1: So then you start to get frustrated because every time you talk to him, it's the same thing. Nah, I ain't move yet. Nah, it ain't move yet. So then at a certain time you're like, man, they don't even take they calls. No more fucking we leaving, don't take their calls. I don't get the fuck Like. It starts to make you rangy. So then when you're regn, you happy that you resigned, but you still had that animosity over the months of them bs and thenh fuck him. Na So for me, yeah, but damn I'll show I know they regret that because twenty four million over two years at that time, that's twelve many year.
Speaker 2: The highest paid receiver in the league.
Speaker 1: If I'm not mistaken back then was probably twelve or thirteen.
Speaker 2: And then I go to Seattle and I was making eighty year.
Speaker 1: I think I was like the sixth seventh highs paid receiver in the league at that point. But the Bengals could have had me, and they gave that money to two other guys. And it was just unfortunate because Leburnie his cause when he was with the Jets and at the time the Reskins, he was a baller. And then then On o'brown was a baller also. He was just a hot heir. You remember when he threw this jersey and Bill Parcell's face. They had that all on ESPN, no id CA. Yeah what Bill Parcells says, something crazy Tantonio Brian and he wouldn't take he he was the original a.
Speaker 2: B Okay, Okay, he was the original a b.
Speaker 1: He took his jersey off, bro, you gotta took his jersey through a right in Bill Parcell's face. And you know Bill Parcells at that time, he had a reputation like run up on him if you want to.
Speaker 2: Type of coach.
Speaker 1: He ran up on him and call security got him up out of there when he was with the Cowboys. Yeah, you google that, Yeah, I want to check that out. Yeah, yeah, no, I think we have a clip of this man.
Speaker 2: This is crazy. What what a father? His son is.
Speaker 1: A about to play Pop Warner football?
Speaker 2: Right then?
Speaker 1: When he found out how much much it costs. I mean I wouldn't say he went crazy, but he was.
Speaker 2: He was. He was a little upset about the cost of it. So how much? World? Look? Check it out?
Speaker 3: Why does it cold so much to play pop winning football? Why is it six twenty for one of my kids one to play taco football? I know him a little bit older. When I was coming up, it was fifty dollars. That was a special to my mama at the time. But being realistic, that was not a spensive But six twenty. What is money going? This money going somewhere? Somebody please tell me?
Speaker 2: Why is is this? What you do you think that's a lot?
Speaker 1: I think it's a lot of money. Like you said when we played it was it was a lot cheaper. But also I don't think it was Listen but.
Speaker 4: Changed fifty dollars inflation number one? Yes, times of time, and we both of us and we older than him. He looked like he young, we both older than him. Yeah, but now you know, times haven't change. You got you got different sets of rules in place. You gotta realize, like is it uh, like are they paying.
Speaker 2: For the uniform? Do they get to keep the uniform? The helmets? Like the helmets themselves? The helmet.
Speaker 1: Everybody got to get their own helmets, shoulder pads, cleats.
Speaker 2: You that you have to get on your own.
Speaker 1: They got to get that by themselves without the team giving it to them. Shoulder pads and helmets and cleats. Hell, yeah, that's only win my kids. My kids get shouler pass and helmets from the school, high school, from the organism or from the organization that they're playing with.
Speaker 2: Pop Warner.
Speaker 1: That's like pee wee, right, yeah, the same thing. Nah, not out here or that now here. You you getting a uniform and a field to practice at.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: So you got to buy your health. That's not with helmet and shoulder pasts. No, that's crazy. They got to control. Somebody's stealing, somebody putting money in their pocket. They feeding the kids, and what are they doing? Are they feeding the kids out there are they like it gotta be something else going into that. If you look at it, it's probably gonna be twenty to thirty kids. Right, twenty to thirty kids, uh at six hundred. Let's just say as thirty kids. That's eighteen thousand, right, eight ten thousand dollars. You're practicing two to three times a week. How much you think they charge you for the field per day? Let's say one hundred dollars an hour because you got the lights that right there. If you just practicing two hours, uh, three days a week, two four six, that's twenty four hundred just the practice field and you're going for four months, So that right there is down near ten grand just with field. We'n through just to practice ten grand. So now we're working with eight thousand dollars. Now what that intels maybe is to get them the snacks after the game or pregame. I don't know what it is, but I think now and today's that's about right, because this is what happens.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: A lot of the coaches that coach you football, they end up spending their money. Oh yeah, there are money on these kids. And granted, some coaches can afford it. Others can't. But I don't know how it is in Pittsburgh. But out here my son is not. He's yet to play tackle football. He will be playing next year, but he's yet to play it. But I just know from people that I've talked to, Oh man, these parents have no loyalty to zero.
Speaker 2: So soon as you do something wrong, even your team, they.
Speaker 1: Going to somebody else. But you don't put two three thousand dollars into her or his son. But you piss him off, or they feel like another team is better, or they son has now gotten better, so we can go get on a better team.
Speaker 2: Keep leaving. Well, that's what the fee for. You want to leave, go ahead and leave it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna hold onto this money exactly exactly. But now you get a coach that's kind of footing the bill out his pocket and then they leave. Now it's like, wow, that's how they're gonna do me, cause so I don't that's six hundred dollars feet I don't remember how much. If you're footing the bill for a kid, the talent is worth you taking a chance of footing that bill, Let's be honest, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's why you foot it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the chance you take.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know when you going and you know what, Oh you can't afford it. Okay, listen, let me do this. You know, I got it, I got I got it. I'm gonna I'm gonna take care of this. I'm gonna take care of that. So now like sick time come they upset he didn't get enough snaps, he didn't get.
Speaker 2: This, or or I don't in the middle of the season. I don't even know if you can go from team to team.
Speaker 1: I don't know how the rules work, like if you leave in the middle of the season, can you play for another team? But that that is I didn't play Pop more than coming up, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: But if I thought it was.
Speaker 1: Like one hundred dollars, bro like one fifty, but six hundred day, like that's that's it. If it was a hundred right now, dude, it's a it's still a fee. My kids, you know they played the public school. Still a fee, and it's you know, it's it's a little less than that, but it's six hundred though, right Yeah, So that's to me. I think that spirit Buddy Act like like he was flat fifty dollars. Yeah, yeah, and they feed them and all that. You know what I'm saying, like fifty dollars worth, Like he talking about it, he's used to being fed one where you're playing man two at the parking lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to get a park, a field, a high school.
Speaker 1: Now if you practice there are certain cases I know out here when you have a really good organization and a really good team you get you use one of these high schools out here to practice that because your team is so good and your players are so good, they hoping that some of those players attend the high school that you practice at, so they'll let you use their fields. Outside of that, man, you football, just being a coach is expensive. And like I coached my son seven on seven. Uh, this past spring we went ten and oher won the championship. We went blow them out thirty five zero the championship game. You know, Uh, I'm a brag a little bit, but we beat the ass. Beat the ass, right, wow, you beat the kids out.
Speaker 2: Okay, but the cup but this no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: The coach really was like talking shit, like I think they thought they beat my homie team.
Speaker 2: In a semi theyve been So you gotta realize this. They didn't.
Speaker 1: They weren't. They weren't beating your kids. They were beating you exactly. They were beating you. It has nothing to do with the kids. Yes, it's now I get an opportunity to go out here as a coach, but my kids is playing and I get to beat Hugh sman Zada. Yeah, I'm gonna tear his ass up because I know better than him. I could have played in the league. And you know what, now's my chance and opportunity for my son to do what it is I should have did to him.
Speaker 2: If they had just gained me his shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you they I know it's I know it's like that. They'll tell their kid to really go at my son. So that's why my son know, Like, yeah, like they I told. I told my kids that. I said, listen, man, it's people right now. It's telling their son to try and tear your head off. You hold on, Hey the luck boy, I'll be at the game.
Speaker 2: Dominate the ass dominate.
Speaker 1: They asked, my son got a bad baketball game that he's going to when he about to leave, So yeah, yeah, yeah, as soon as we've done with this podcast, I'm going to the gym. Hey Foot on throats, boy foot on throats. We ain't playing no games today. So yeah, yeah, sorry y'all they walk off, Carol, Yeah, yeah good. So we did the seven on seven right, and we had some kids that come from the inner city, cool parents and they probably could afforded it too, even though they come from the city.
Speaker 2: Parents were successful, and so uh me and another coach.
Speaker 1: The other coach got the uniforms and then I paid the entry fee.
Speaker 2: Because the majority.
Speaker 1: But the parents could afford it, but not everybody, right, So he was just like, I get the uniforms, and I was like, all right, then I got the entry feet in entry fee was more than the uniforms. Cool, but when it comes to like, it's expensive and it's hard for parents to budget that, Like, I mean, I think the entry fee was. Was it fifteen fifteen or eighteen hundred? And it was only six weeks. You play everyday, you play every Sunday. You get two games on a Sunday, two games on a sunner's total or per kid, no, no, no total total total. But we only playing with seven eight kids, eight kids. We probably played with eight, sometimes we'd be at seven. And so that's a little over too. If we had divided it, it's a little over two hundred dollars per kid. And then you do the uniform. It's probably the uniforms I think ended up being like nine hundred, So everybody's uniform was about a hundred. So then now that's three hundred dollars per kid. But it's only a six week season. Parents can't afford that, and so I was like, yeah, yeah, I got it, not a big deal.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 1: That's just seven on seven for that sixth period, I mean six week ton frame. What happened when you go play top what happened if you go play basketball, what happened if you try to play other sports? And that's what I do want to get into is the one sport athlete. So just bring that up when you talk other sports. But the six hundred dollars, I don't think it was I don't think it was an out way.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't, I don't. I don't think that was out of out of pocket.
Speaker 1: It wasn't astronomical too, you know, to think that it would be uh to think it would be fifty dollars is out of control though, you know it is astronomical because when you go get a helmet, like you get a good helmet, that's probably six hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know.
Speaker 1: That you get you get you get that new one. What is it the flex something Steve Flex. No, it's a different one, dude. It's the one where they actually put it on their head and uh they three D image it and then go make the helmet. So that's like that's like eight hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: I don't know. So you gotta go lie that when you James Harrison, they're gonna give you that ship for free. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know what it costs, so just ain't paying it. You know, you're usually you paid for it, but you don't know what I paid for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like your shoulder pads, like yeah, lay sports is expensive and a lot of time the coaches take on that expense. So your parents that's listening shows some type of loyalty because they doing it for your kid. And yeah, they doing it because the kid is good, but it's some kids that aren't good that they also doing it for. Because the kid, it keeps him off the streets, it gives him something to do and maybe he'll develop.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 1: I was a zero star recruit coming out of high school and played a long time. You run drafted and you're about to you're gonna be in the Hall of Fame, and so you just never know.