Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tori Spelling an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good?
Speaker 2: How are you? I am doing well? Okay, Yeah, I just got to say I'm like a hero in my house today because my two girls love you so much.
Speaker 3: That is so sweet. Oh my gosh, that is so nice. How old are you? How old are your girls?
Speaker 2: Fourteen and seventeen?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness? Okay, amazing, amazing? Are they answers to?
Speaker 2: They are not, but they love it love. I mean they've seen every episode. Like I mean, I'm not gonna lie, I have to, but I can't believe you start on that show when you were nine. What the heck?
Speaker 3: That's crazy, isn't that? Isn't that just wild?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just putting it, just relating it to my life, Like my youngest is eight, he'll be nine in March. Like being in that world and one of my best friends, her daughter is she's twelve, I believe, and Kiki and she competes professionally, and just seeing that world first of all, I'll watch it with you on TV, but then having being able to see it in real life with my friend and what they have to go through.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: It is not normal No, it's not. It is the craziest pressure. I get pressure just living through my friend's daughter's life, like it.
Speaker 3: Is, you get like secondhand pressure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you were so you are you the only cast member that was on every single season of that chop? Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, not including the eighth season. But the eighth season had like a totally different cast.
Speaker 2: Wait what, I don't remember this.
Speaker 3: There was like a season eight, but it was like a year or two after the show had like ended and.
Speaker 2: Then, so no one cared about that.
Speaker 3: Well, I wouldn't say that. I know people like it. I just like that wasn't I'm the only one who like finished out their contract, like one through seven was there from the very beginning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my gosh, it literally watched You grow up? Okay, so age nine through fifteen? Correct, I don't do math.
Speaker 3: Uh yes, yes, nine through fifteen.
Speaker 2: Wow, Like those are literally your formative years.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you ever? Do you ever watch the show back?
Speaker 3: No? I actually so, I watched the show back for but like to write the book. But I don't watch the show back just for like fun, because it honestly agitates me, like.
Speaker 2: It No, no, no, unless.
Speaker 3: Like I have to and I did for the book so that I remember things correctly to see what the audience, like the viewers actually saw because I remember things a certain way, but I don't know how they played things out on the actual show and your story, Yeah, exactly exactly. So yeah, I don't watch it back unless I have to. But I'll see clips on on social media sometimes and they're funny, like usually like they're very funny you brought a pocket sometimes, But I think that's kind of like the charm of the show.
Speaker 2: Like I just gotta say I met ay Lee Miller and and we did like it was like a women's conference thing. And I never say hi to people because just because I get nervous. Is it's not like I don't know, I think growing up in this business and being a celebrity, I always respect other celebrities and like, oh, they get a million people coming up to them. So I'm not gonna do it. But for my kids, I'll do anything. I've become mama Bear, So I knew my kids loved the show, and I was like, I just got to guess, you know, ask her for a photo and she was super nice and she sent them merch and everything. But like reading your book. Now I'm pissed. Now, I'm I I like the merch. I'm gonna keep the merch, but I'm getting rid of that photo on my phone.
Speaker 3: Merched. That's totally fine. My relationship with Abby is like it's it's you know, like non existent anymore. Bunch.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you didn't say complicated. Oh when I hate when people are peacey. I've known, I've done it for years, and I'm like, it's complicated. It's like, it's not complicated, you know what it really is. Okay, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do know what you mean. But the thing, you know, there is truth to that as well, Like I don't have a relationship with her anymore, but our our past relationship was complicated. You know, I was her dancer since I danced under her name for since I was like three years old. So we did have some sort of relationship and bond during during those early stages. But but you know, it just it got ruined and and it was definitely tainted. And I you know, people's true colors show. Uh, So it is very complicated and and I do talk about a lot about that in the book because you know, you know it is. I'm not trying to defend her anything, but you know, there were good moments and there were really bad moments, and unfortunately the bad outweigh the good. So it's hard to to even think about some of those good moments sometimes. But but yeah.
Speaker 2: Just chills. But you know what, that's that's with any relationship personally and professionally, like, and that is so brave of you and strong of you to admit, like, there are bad moments that outweighed, but there were good moments, so and acknowledge those because with any relationship with a family member, and in some sorts she was a family member to you, there's gonna be bad and good. You're like, nope, not family, Nope, nope, not saying okay, fine, I'm being nice.
Speaker 3: But she was. She she was an authority figure in my life. You're in and teachers are supposed to be people that you can look up to. They're supposed to be role models and yeah, and she wasn't that. So it's so it's very it's a complicated, reallyationship, you know.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, you know, I don't I'm not friends really with people that still talk to her. But the thing is at the end of the day, like she is this character that was on a huge TV show. So I'm never gonna be like upset with someone for wanting to take a picture with her because she's I mean, she's abby and she was on this huge television show. You know, most people are gonna want to take a picture with someone like that. I'm happy she was nice to you, though.
Speaker 2: She was because I thought I thought she was gonna be scary from watching the show, and she was really nice. How much of what was on that show with her was a character as opposed to how she was in real life or she was always that hard in real life as well?
Speaker 3: As I always say that they made her look likable for TV. They no, yeah, yes, yes they did. Whoa Yeah, I think. I mean, I think you can even ask dancers like that dance there that were that weren't on the show or pre show. I think they could like attest to that as well. But but yeah, no, that's who she really is. They had to edit a lot of stuff out, cut a lot of stuff out, you know, when it when it came to like the things she said and the things she did, the show protected her in a lot of ways, because you know they're there. They want to make sure that their show keeps running. And unfortunately, I feel like some of the stuff that happened probably would have could could have done some damage to the show itself if if it was aired.
Speaker 2: Got it? So a lot of the stuff that you talk about in your book regarding racism, was that actually in the show that aired?
Speaker 3: Well? Actually some of it. Yes, there's a lot of things in the book that I that I talk about that were literally aired on television.
Speaker 2: How did that not getner canceled?
Speaker 3: You know, it was a different time. I think in a post twenty twenty world, everyone kind of like I think more people are receptive to just conversations about race and racism. I know that for me and my mom, we knew when these things happened. But for viewers, I would say, especially like non black or like white viewers who were watching the show, they wouldn't have really picked up on some of the racism that happened. But there are very like there there. It is documented the things that happened on the show, and I go into that, and I also go into stuff that that wasn't air on the show as well. But a lot of a lot. There were a lot of examples that I could have that I used because it was on the show, and no one really did and no one picked up on it. No one picked up on it because back in the day, those things kind of just flew over everyone's head and you know, you know, things were funny and things were acceptable back in the day. But now people are more willing to have these conversations and are more like in tune with with racism and microaggressions and in everything surrounding that. So that's been really interesting as well. For just even before the book came out, I like, I saw like I saw people posting about dance moms with a different point of view, which I found really interesting. And that's not the reason why I felt like it was a good time to write the book, because people started to see things for what they actually were. Not everyone, but people started seeing things and watching now that you know, the kids watch it and now they're adults looking back, they're like wait, and after you know, like the Black Lives Matter movement, and you know, people watch the show back and they're like, wait, actually that wasn't okay. Actually that you know, we thought this was funny, but it's not as funny as I thought, like as I remember it to be, or even just certain things like it's People can still watch it, but I've heard some people say that they can't even watch it anymore because, you know, it's it's hard for them to watch. Uh. So, yes, there's still people who can watch it and take it for what it is and and and giggle and laugh and have spewed about it. You know, it's it's so wild and crazy where you can absolutely just like watch it. It's very calming for some people. I don't know why, but it is. But other people have a very different reaction now and and it's hard for them to watch.
Speaker 2: I understand that. And for future generations, it's setting a different standard. And it's so I'm so sorry what you went through as a kid a young adult. And I think it's so important though that you're putting your view out there now looking back on the experience, because while my seventeen and my fourteen year old love the show, these are the conversations which you're referring to, that teenagers now are having. They're so evolved and elevated that they won't be quiet anymore. They can't be exactly, and that will only affect future generation for their kids and for your kids one day. You know, it's just do you want kids?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Well, I haven't. I'm like, I genuinely don't know. I haven't really gotten that far. I haven't really thought too much about it, which I know at this age people start I'm like, I haven't really thought about it. But I would say for you, I know you said sorry, and I appreciate it. But also at the same time, I I I don't view myself as a victim. You know, I don't think I have a victim mentality, which I think is really important, but at all, you know, like I just I don't feel like I'm a victim. I think that I did the best what I could do in those situations, and I I see myself as someone who's resilient and you know, coming out of those things with like strong. But also it's interesting too because with me releasing the story, you were saying, You're like, I'm so happy you're able to talk about this now and share your story, you know, not all like I received so many positive responses and feedback, but also there's a lot of people that still question me. And are in ask me questions like well, why do you wait so long? Why did you why are you just talking about it now? Why? You know, like just all questions, and I it makes me realize, like I understand why sometimes victims wouldn't come out and say things, or why people stay quiet because they they blame they victim, blame people for for being in these situations, even though it's it's not their doing. So yeah, it's interesting, Like, yeah, I don't I don't see myself as a victim, but I have gone through a lot, and you know, I I'm proud of my story. It's it's who I am. It's made it made me who I am today. And the whole point of the book was just to finally share my side of the story. And I know that sometimes people still have that people are gonna say whatever, Sometimes people don't care. Sometimes people, you know, we'll still question what I have to say, and and you know, and that's okay, Like I'm totally okay with that. That's part of being human, that's part of being in this world. But I do think as a whole, like I think people just need more empathy. And and you think.
Speaker 2: Empathy is the it's the key thing missing, in my opinion, from the world. People want the empathy for them, but they don't have it for others. Right, Yeah, it's so beautiful to realize that and have that.
Speaker 4: If you've been ghosted, divorced, or left for someone else, snap out of it. It's not for you to get some help by listening to us said, I do part two. Listen to I do Part two on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm hearing you, and I'm proud of how resilient and strong there has to be, though somewhere inside still the pain, the hurt. Oh yeah, for sure, words at least through my journey, I've realized, and we all have a different journey, and it's you can't unhear words, and you can move past it. You can work on yourself, you can make those words make you stronger and be you know, guide others through it. Insightful. But you know, words that were said to me when I was young, I still hear them. I work hard to get past it, but I hear them in my you know inside, they affect me for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I'm I'm I always say that like I don't care what anyone says. Words still do hurt. Words still do hurt, and they are powerful. They are powerful, and that's the reason why I wrote my book, because I know words are powerful and I know that words have meeting. And also to that as well, like for me, as someone who is resilient is someone who you know, you know has just overcome a lot, I would say for me, like, yes, I do still get hurt by things sometimes. I and you know, writing the book has been super healing, but at the same time, yeah, very but still at the same time, it doesn't mean that things don't sting. Sometimes things don't, you know, every once in a while come up.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm strong, and I think sometimes people think that and this is something that I have I've I had to work on as well because an abbyism that she had or like one of her sayings was like savior tears for the pillow, meaning like if you cry, like that makes you weak. Never let anyone so you see you cry, because that makes them have more power and that makes them, you know, like you lose if you if you cry, and you.
Speaker 2: Know, believing that crying crying with a sign of weakness.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly, And for me, I've had to really unlearn that because for me, I want to be strong. I'm a strong person. So I equated crying with being weak, which I've learned that that's not the right way. Crying is very normal and it's good for you. It's a release. So nowadays, when I talk about being strong, I don't think I I think that crying and being vulnerable and showing your emotions is part of also being strong. That's part of it. Being strong doesn't mean you don't cry, doesn't mean that you don't get hurt by things. It just means that you can navigate that that hurt and redirect it. It means that you can get through those situations, you know. So it's taken some time. But yeah, I don't I don't think being strong means that you can't also be hurt. And I think it's good for people to know when you're hurt because they should. They people should know when they hurt your feelings otherwise notice otherwise they think it's okay. It's good for for people to know that you're hurt because that's also because it also means that you're a real human, you know, I agreed.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm crying right now. I'm like, oh see it's no, see, I have to just retreat my brain. Sorry, I'm crying. I'm crying because this feels good to hear this from someone else. You are redefining words and that are archaic that have such like being strong. We were taught always like exactly what you're saying. You can't do this, You can't do that if you're strong. And I love that you were speaking to humans out there and so many young women and they are learning like, yeah, that's not what this means. I can redefine a word and make it mine and make it my journey. And I you know what, if anyone says, why did you take this long? Why? Now it's your journey, you can tell it when you want.
Speaker 3: To tell it exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm all sorry, sorry, but.
Speaker 3: It's true though, Like it's what do you like? What do you mean? Why am I sharing my story now? Maybe because I'm not nine years old anymore, like because you know what I mean, Like I'm an adult now. I can actually advocate for myself in this way. I can actually uh like write how I'm articulate, how I'm feeling you know, whereas when you're in it you can't really see everything. And also I was a child, you know. Now that I'm an adult, I can actually write about these things and write about it with a pretty level head as well. So so yeah, it takes it takes time to just process everything that I went through as well. And as far as I'm concerned, which is something that I'm very like, very grateful for, is that people do still care about Dance Moms. People are still talking about the show. I would even argue that Dance Moms is probably even more prevalent now than it was back in the day when it was airing. So I like, absolutely, but I'm like, people are still watching it, you know, people are still streaming it, which is great and I love that, but I but I also want to recognize, like it's not that it's not relevant, Like this is still relevant because people are still talking about.
Speaker 2: It, absolutely, And nostalgia is such a big deal. So I feel like people that originally watched the show, it's something that's a comfort on some level, Yeah, to go back to watching it if you loved it then, and then young people are just finding it. I mean, God blessed TikTok making all of us relevant. I mean, wait, five point eight million, No, baby, you're doing great like it's eight years. No, you're such an inspiration. Wait, I gotta just I love your mom. And this is just from watching yeah, because because when I watched the show, I was already having kids and like, so, well, you guys were awesome. I was always like, looking at the mom, I was like, oh my god, that's gonna be me one day as my kids get older. Not a dance moment. I could never do that. Oh my god, I can't. I can. I can barely get my kids to school. It's like, I think somewhere deep down, I never pushed my kids into sports because I was like, I can't do it. But I also have five so but and I feel like your mom wasn't that either. She wasn't like the like in it so like she was just like, yeah, you go great. I just I don't know the ones that used to like go like balls to the wall. I used to just be like, that is not the mom. I want to be like your mom. She was always just so she had her own shit going on. You know, this wasn't yeah you know what I mean, Like she's sorry.
Speaker 3: It's like she's like, I love my mom, And I always I always say this, like I don't know how she did it, Like genuinely, I don't know how she went through seven seasons without cursing at anyone, without like totally losing her mind. And you know what I mean, because they really did push her buttons push.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she had a career. I mean, it's not just it's not like she was just a dance mom exactly.
Speaker 3: You know, she she had had a career. She was a principal, she was an education She also has you know, two other kids besides me. She's married, you know, like we we there were so many things like she had. She was also working on her dissertation, you know what I mean. So there's so much that she was doing. I don't know how she kept her composure the whole time, but she did. And I'm really grateful that I had a good role model to look up to in those moments. And anytime I hear something about like if anyone, you know, like blames my mom for some that happened on the show, or get mad at her for keeping me in that environment, I I always push back on that. I always resist that because I'm like, why I for me? And that's the real another reason why it's so important for people to read the book, because you really do get perspective. It's something that I wanted to do. She really took my lead on everything. If I didn't want to be there, she would make sure that I was out of there, you know, Like if I did not want to do that, she would have never kept me in that environment. But I wanted to stay. I wanted to prove a point. I wanted to make it to the end. I wanted to honor my contract, you know.
Speaker 2: And she still answer, it was your passion, it.
Speaker 3: Was my passion. And I saw this opportunity and I was like, I'm gonna take it. I'm not gonna let anyone pulling me out of this opportunity that everyone else is able to do. So I I you know, I just I really appreciate my mom sticking buy me through that whole thing, because it wasn't easy. And I know it was hard for her as a mother seeing me go through that and me continue in wanting to continue my my my time on the show, even whenever it did get toxic. I know that was hard for her. Seeing me upset, seeing me being torn down by someone who's supposed to be building me up.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: So I I and you know, it's like I understand where people are coming from. But at the same time, this isn't the normal or like the typical story of like you know, the child actor being forced by their family to like it wasn't that. It wasn't that at all. So it's it's it's different. But I just appreciate her standing with me the whole time, and she's endured so much and I can't believe like we all went through it. But she's the reason why I'm able to one write about my experience today. And she's the reason why I have self self worth and in confidence and like I'm very in tune to myself and I very much am uh like I I like myself, you know, and I'm and I'm well adjusted and and that's because of her. It's a it's a it's a testament to my my parents and how they raised me. Hm.
Speaker 2: Okay, that just inspired me so much because I hope I am half the mon that you were. What you're saying. I want my kids to speak of me that one day, like that's such a legacy and so important and above anything she taught you you're worth. She'd she raised a good human.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Give her a hug for me. Oh my god, Well I will. When there were dark moments during the time when it was toxic, when she didn't speak out on the show but would speak privately to you, How have those conversations changed how she would frame it to you then as opposed to does now. But she just like, I mean, I know she'd encourage you to write the book and everything, but just like the conversations of what really went on, Like how brutally honest is she now? Looking back? Privately?
Speaker 3: She still, I mean, very honest with me. She you know, she'll always if she sees someone talking crazy online, she's gonna she's gonna say something. She is she is. But yeah, she she always kind of just has those talks with me. Even nowadays, whenever I'm upset, I get overwhelmed, I get hurt by by something or someone, and you know, she she always keeps it real with me, you know, like she she wants to build me up, and you know, she we we have that relationship where we can talk about those things openly and I'm grateful for that. But yeah, she keeps it very, very candid, and and yeah, she's very she's very She doesn't just tell me what I want to hear. She she tells me the truth, you know. And I think that's the reason why I'm also able to kind of right in the way where it's like, I'm not bash people. I'm not trying to like ruffle feathers, Like if it does ruffle feathers, it's not intended to, you know. So so yeah, but we we even on the show, on the show, and still now like we still have conversations about certain things that had happened, and and we will go back to those. Sorry, that is my door dash just a salad, just a salad, but.
Speaker 2: So sorry, I'm hungry. I left food. Tell me about it.
Speaker 3: Have you heard about what is it called? Oh my gosh, California Chicken Cafe. I love Sorry, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I got a Chinese chicken salad or no, that's the one. It's my favorite.
Speaker 3: It's so good.
Speaker 2: Sorry, good, very passionate about foods.
Speaker 3: I really needed it today. I just really needed it today. I rediscovered it last week. I was like, oh my gosh, I forgot about this place for I haven't had it in so long.
Speaker 2: Except you know what, I don't love that they put pasta in it. That's the only thing. Really, I love that part. And I'm a little bit more something.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I always get the past to remove. And it's not like I don't want carbs. I just like it like drops me off anyway.
Speaker 3: Really, I like it's just something kind of different. I get the texture of him, like I laughing it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I won't keep you that much on her because I want you to go eat your salad.
Speaker 3: You're so good.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is how like I get about food. I'm now going to have.
Speaker 3: To order that salad after we get off.
Speaker 2: Like, once you hear it, you're like, oh yeah, I'm like, my mouth's watering. Are you talking about such serious stuff? But I just went there. I'm so sorry. Welcome to me.
Speaker 3: No, it's good because that solid is worth talking about.
Speaker 2: Really, I'm literally drooling right now. I gotta like swallow my spit. Okay, sir, where I'm just kidding. How did your book take you to write?
Speaker 3: It took me, well, it took me about like two and a half years to write and then but it's been like a three year process. Like now that it's out, it's been like three years since I started the process of it. But yeah, I finished it back in June, but it took a while. I started like my sophomore or sorry, my junior year of college and I'm a year removed from college now, so so it's taken about three years.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, it's Did you enjoy it? I mean, I know it was therapeutic and you got it out there and the reaction, I mean I read online reaction you're having, like, it's incredible. Does it make you want to write it another one?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Actually, it does make me want to write another book, just to see the impact that it's had on people. To see my words resonate with people like it, It truly means a lot. And if there's more ways to to continue that, I would love to do that. So at some point I would love to write another book, you know. I mean, it's also kind of like what I went to school for, Like I went to college for American literature, so like I went for typically an English but I'm I love I love reading, I love learning, I love hearing about people's stories, like I love a memoir. So like I I just I'm just that kind of person who loves that kind of stuff. So yeah, I definitely think in the future, hopefully I'll be able to write more. But I've been so grateful for all of the support that I've received through this book, because it is hard, and it is scary releasing something like this when I know that, you know, you know, it's it feels like sometimes I'm alone in this. Not that I'm alone alone, but like publicly alone in this, you know, so to have Yeah, So the fact that people have enjoyed the book. People have gotten a lot out of the book, not just clarification on the show itself and how that affected me, but a way for them to learn how to get through difficult situations and to not back down and to fight through and to push through, and to learn how to not let anyone like bully you out of anything. It's resonated with a lot of people. It's in its affected people, and I love seeing people's messages because they're all so positive. And I think one of the things that for me, like that I love the most about you know, what people say about the book is that they have you know, they they're they're learning how to be more confident, they're learning how to advocate for themselves through my story. They see themselves in my story, and that's helping them get through whatever they're getting through. And that has been therapeutic, and that has been amazing. And you know, that's like the whole reason why I even really wanted to put the book out is because I know that I'm not the only one who has been through things like this. You know, although very like unique, it's a very universal experience as.
Speaker 2: Well, right, it is, but it isn't. So there's that connection that no one, no one can truly understand. I know I'm hearing you when you say you're alone publicly because they only you were in that world, in your shoes and the people around you. But the message goes so far beyond, yes, the connection. By the way, I could listen to your voice all day. You have the best point. It is so sweet too.
Speaker 3: I think mine. I don't know. When I hear videos back of me talking, I wouldn't say the same, but thank you. That means a lot.
Speaker 2: Like public speaking is your jam, Like you have such a calm, beautiful, strong but kind voice. It's so warm and genuine. That is so sweet, honestly, and that I always go with my gut and that's how I feel. So but I just, oh, my gosh, what's next for you? What do you want to do next?
Speaker 3: Well, it kind of goes hand in hand and with me loving stories, but I just want to I just want to tell stories, you know. I'm a storyteller. I'm a performer. I want to get back to performing because I took some time off for college because I wanted to focus on my education. But I want to get back into acting and music and just everything. I want to get back on a stage, onto a set and just do what I do. Like I'm a performer, I'm I'm someone who loves to tell a story. You know, That's just who I am at the heart. So getting back into all of that.
Speaker 2: What Okay? I know you like Broadway shows. What Broadway show would you love to start in?
Speaker 3: Probably The Wiz because The Wiz is my favorite movie. So probably The The.
Speaker 2: Wiz as a kid.
Speaker 3: I love The Wiz as a kid, like genuinely loved it, probably or like Mama Mia even yeah, I feel like The.
Speaker 2: Wiz was in not just the movie, but I actually saw it like.
Speaker 3: Tour, did you Yes, that's cool. I saw the tour. I think it was like a couple of years ago when it was at the Pantages and in La so I saw it then.
Speaker 2: I think that's where I don't know it was. I saw yes when I was a kid. I mean, I'm like a million years older than you, but like, oh my gosh, it's so interesting. I had such a yeah, very special.
Speaker 3: I grew up loving the Whiz, so that would be that would definitely be probably like number one.
Speaker 2: But okay, cooler manifesting that what's.
Speaker 3: Next that I was gonna say, Mamma Mia. I loved Mama Mia. Yeah, let's see. My gosh, that's some of my other favorite. I just love Broadway, like I just I love theater. I'm a I'm a theater kid. Oh when I'm older, When i'm older, Chicago, I can't do that role yet, but like Chicago, when I'm older, that would be probably like a dream. I saw Brandy in Chicago years ago. I also saw actually Graham in Chicago earlier this year, which was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, it's so funny. I was speaking Chicago, but I like that. I forget how old I am. So I'm like talking to you like we're equals, and I was like, you should be in Chicago, but I forget you need to be older to be in Chicago.
Speaker 3: Chicago. Though I.
Speaker 2: Have ideas. I'm an idea person, imagine wait wait okay, I'm a focus for a second doing a version of mean Girl. But it's your experience with Dan.
Speaker 3: It would be like.
Speaker 2: Kind of self deprecating, kind of like that, it's little fun but resonating ideally of like what you went, like a combination?
Speaker 3: I mean, should we make it happen? Wait?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Why not?
Speaker 2: I don't know. No one wants to our idea we said to here, Yeah, we're on it. Oh my god, woo Like, so do we gotta get lawyers with this? I'm going to produce this, but we can do a teav Okay wait wait, okay, we'll talk about this afterst Oh my god, I'm very excited. Okay, anyway, you know what I'm saying, right, I.
Speaker 3: Know what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's like, yeah, and we can't get the right to mean Girls, so whatever, but we can make it our This is so good. I just think it really and just hearing you speak today. It's like really really inspired me. I love this, okay. Sorry, And you're a foodie, Oh god, I am.
Speaker 3: I am, Oh my gosh, I love myself a good meal. I do.
Speaker 2: Do you like sushi?
Speaker 3: I do. I just started liking sushi like a couple of years ago though. Yeah, but it's not because of the raw fish part. Like that doesn't bother me. It was more just I'm foodie. I'm foodie, but I'm also picky. But I'm like, I call myself.
Speaker 2: I like that, Okay, go on, because.
Speaker 3: I didn't like I don't like a ton of stuff in it. Like I don't like seaweed, I don't like cucumber, I don't really like avocado, and it's like that all that stuff is usually in sushi. But like I like sashimi. I like the I think it's been the gary the or like I'll use like soy paper instead of seaweed.
Speaker 2: That's okay. But I'm a little foodie.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I like sushi. Do you have a good spot that you like to go to?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I can tell you. Oh my god, wait where do you live? Sorry, we'll edit this out.
Speaker 3: I live in North Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Oh oh my god. Wait, I just went to the best place. It's on Kuwanga and oh my god, it's right near you. I'll slide into your DMS later and tell you it's it's okay t mokey to Liam, it's this chef and he has places like you know, downtown, he has ones on Satel. This is like his fourth incarnation, I think, but it is incredible.
Speaker 3: Talking about I don't know what it's called, but like, I like, now, is that worth like kind of near?
Speaker 2: Where that in and out?
Speaker 3: Oh? Sushi mochi? Yes, okay, I'm writing that down.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you have to go.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go.
Speaker 2: I'll go with you. As we discussed this, this play mu show, we're going to do cool. It's really good, like good and you don't have to get all the like stuff in the roles and stuff and all that like whatever. It's like fresh and they it's incredible. Sorry, I get very excited. So do you like what other foods you like? Italian?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I love Italian? Sorry?
Speaker 2: What's your favorite words in your mouth? Sorry? I'm telling you what I like. Well, I.
Speaker 3: Love everything, like genuinely, like I love everything truly. I love tie. Let's see Chinese food is probably my favorite. Like I just I love Chinese food. I also love like like I don't know no where is that.
Speaker 2: It's uh maybe West Hills, like deep maybe near north Ridge, Omos. It's like okay, Asian fusion, but it's like it's really good.
Speaker 3: Okay. Oh. I also love Greek food.
Speaker 2: I love I love Greek food.
Speaker 3: I love Greek food, and I love and I love soul food as well in barbecue. So like everything I like, I like everything. There's not really like a food where I'm like, I don't really like that kind of like we do cook. I do cook, just not a lot. Like I I can cook, I just don't really have time to cook, so I don't really cook that much suck. So yeah, it's also that. But it's like when people like, can you cook, I'm like, yes, I can actually, And when I cook, my friends like get excited because because they like when I cook. But I just don't do it that often. I need to do it more. But but yeah, I love to cook. I'm really a baker though, Like I'm really good at baking.
Speaker 2: Oh my daughter is a baker really yeah, so I'm My thing is I'm of the belief that you can do both well, but you're either truly a cook or you're truly a baker.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm truly I'm truly a baker.
Speaker 2: I'm one science related like one. It's a different part of your brain.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm. I I mean people always say that, which I understand, but also like, I just am really good at following recipes I think.
Speaker 1: But I'm not really really because for me, I'm like okay, oh, okay, okay, ye cook.
Speaker 2: Then yes exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah. For me, I like I can follow the recipes like really, well, so what's your favorite thing to make? Oh? My favorite thing the bake. Probably cookies. Those are my favorites. And then last year I got really into making cinnamon rules. They're really yummy too. I learned how to make a really good cinnamon roll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll have to share. My daughter Stella, who I feel like you, guys, I have so much in common personality wise and strength, and you have a lot in common so far. She is a baker and she made red velvet cinnamon rules this week, and we're really good.
Speaker 3: That sounds amazing, that sounds incredible.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to thank you. I'm sorry. I want to let you get to your salad. I'm like, very concerned that your salad's gonna wilt. O. Hey, at least I care.
Speaker 3: At least you care. I appreciate that. I appreciate that. I totally care.
Speaker 2: Anyway, everyone should get your book Bottom of the Pyramid, Memoir of Persevering, Dancing for Myself and Starring in my own life. You are such an inspiration and it's on audiobook.
Speaker 3: And I'm actually narrating it too, as you should.
Speaker 2: You have the best voice. You say your voice over work too.
Speaker 3: I love. I want want to get into that. I want to get into more.
Speaker 2: You can't do everything. I have big plan. I have big plans for you. You've inspired.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. I'm like, you're on the.
Speaker 2: Team honestly, Like, yeah, I'm really good at doing it, like inspiring and helping and being on other seams and like can't do it for myself. Like that's right. I shit the bed. But I'm learning. I'm learning. Your ear actually inspired me today and you're teaching me and I like this.
Speaker 3: I love it. Well, thank you, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Wait can I slide into your DMS?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: Can you say that like friend to friend or slide into DMS mean something like creepy.
Speaker 3: No, no, that's fine, that's totally fine.
Speaker 2: Wait one of my what are the young people say?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's totally fine, that's not creepy.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah about you guys. I'm gonna slide to her DMS.
Speaker 3: With Tusian work.
Speaker 2: Okay, awesome, Thank you so much
Speaker 3: Of course, thank you so much.