Speaker 1: Go ahead, kind of pull us in on some of the guys who've been missing practice due to injuries. Anything serious on any of those friends.
Speaker 2: No real serious ones. You know, Burford actually probably the most. You can miss a couple of weeks, a few weeks possibly. You know, he has a hand issue. We're still kind of making a decision on here over the next couple of days. Broken hand, yes, uns too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Burford just out there participating in what he's doing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, we're just trying to decide whether to get surgery on it or not. You know, it's you know, I know how you guys are with timetables, but guessing around three.
Speaker 1: Weeks dominant and his opportunity to get some of those first team reps.
Speaker 2: He's done a real good job. You know, we haven't had pads on yet, which is always a challenge for guys, especially in protection. But you know, he's stepped in there and got more reps and I'm been excited about him.
Speaker 1: We've seen s uh Nixon call get a lot more eat your time at center as well. H as he just larger picture over the the the couple of years, as he've made a lot of progress.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, he is, and that they're all battling for those inside spots. And anytime, you know, especially when you lose guys in there, you're not having Burfer Fleicianald's miss a little bit of time. You gotta have guys in Brendle. We get some time off. He's not out there every single day, so guys got to be able to back up. They got to be able to do center, they gotta be able to do guard and the other. No, all three, how is that both s looking?
Speaker 1: And then how do you like the uh depth at defensive end?
Speaker 2: And he's a g looked like Nick, So that's pretty good. And the depth's been great. I've been really excited about it so far. Seems like we got great depth. Seems like we're improving. But it's also four days in two and decide to get pads on a Monday like his paths basically that start. Yeah, pretty much. I mean, you know, you try not to make big judgments as a coach and til the pads get on cause things get a lot realer when that happens.
Speaker 1: What have you seen from Leonard Floyd since it's been in the.
Speaker 2: Building that he seems just like the guy I've always gone against, same type of body, same type of athlete. I'm getting to know as a person. He's like advertised. I mean, the guy loves football. It's got a hell of a motor, real fun to be around. Was progressed from here one year too.
Speaker 3: Is he poked up a little bit? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think he has a little bit. You know, I think he made some big steps towards end of last year and he's helped us out in special teams. He's trying to be a part of our group and getting that rotation as a rusher and get better in the run game. But I've been excited about Robert. He had a good offseason. He's been good in these four days and we'll see how it goes. Oh yes, yeah, planning day off.
Speaker 1: Moving Thomas, I think year three or four in the NFL, he went from quarterback to tight end. He never played tight end evers. How impressive is it to make that pretty rare transition in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's I mean it's really impressive. I remember studying him as a quarterback coming out out and he was one of the better throwers I found the draft, So he was you know, I never got to work with him or anything, But I just knew he was a real talented quarterback and he was a good runner, had a good arm, and then someone that some time moved him to tight end and he's got the perfect body to play that too, and he's had a hell of a career. So felt real fortunate for us to get him here in camp. And it's different offense for him, so he's got a lot on his plate getting here late and OTA's and stuff, but he's picking it up and I think he'll get better and better each day.
Speaker 1: Jobs had a nice day today. Where is he in kind of knowing the offense and just his kind of learning yours.
Speaker 2: Student, I think he knows that mentally. It's just it's just about going through the reps in the situations and getting a feel for the rhythm of it, especially with this D line in front of him on every play. That's always a challenge of it. You want to get a feel of the offense and everything, but don't expect po to be blocking very well with the second and third group, and especially when you don't have pads on. So that's always the biggest challenge for quarterbacks in training camp, especially when you're going with twos or threes. But but I think Dobb's in a hell of a job for so far.
Speaker 3: I was seen Willis make some nice plays.
Speaker 1: How is he progressing in your tube?
Speaker 2: I've been excited with him, I mean, still only four days in, but showed a couple of clips yesterday of him doing a hell of a job in the run game. I mean, you guys noticed it in the past game and see it the same way, and hopefully you'll keep taking steps forward.
Speaker 1: First, he was talking about one on ones and how sometimes it's frustrating because we'll write stuff about who's winning and and guys are trying to work on things, and it's different offensive line versus receivers.
Speaker 2: But what do you make of one on ones when those.
Speaker 1: Start next week?
Speaker 2: It's good work for people, I mean, but it's not a you know, one on ones are hard for everybody. You know, it doesn't feel quite the same when it's eleven on eleven out there, when you're just in a one on one battle, a guy's gonna eventually win. Very rarely do someone just gets stoned and completely punked in a one on one drill. So it always looks like you eventually win. But it's it's really good work for those guys. I mean, it's the the reps in you with their hands, the speed of getting off. It's stuff when you don't have pads on, because it's a little when there's not a threat of a bull rush and things like that, or if they are bull rushing you don't have pads, it makes it a lot tougher. So again I get I take it more. We won't do that until we have pads. That's one of my favorite things about Monday. We get pads on and we get to watch those guys and sometimes in team drills and stuff, and you know, someone can have a bunch of catches or things like that, or they can get to the quarterback because of some pressures and stuff, and you don't know if it's zoned, you don't know what the situation is. But when it's one on one, you can't hide and you get to really evaluate it.
Speaker 3: Seems like in the past you guys have had like one. If you have a young safety coming up, you always have kind of a veteran guy who's been around it, has a lot of experience. How do you feel about the safety position as it is right now with Gaia Air and either Pufonga or Odom or whomever. Would you guys look into potentially adding a vetteran guy later.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel great about our safeties right now, and it'll be real exciting to get huffback here. And I think in a week or two. But I think him not being in there, I mean, Gio has really taken advantage of his reps. I think he's playing as good as he's played at the safety level. You know, Jaiyre just getting that experience last year, it's helped him out so much. We've got a number of young guys in here which are competing hard, and we do have some older vets here with a lot of knowledge who have played some football, guys like Eric Harrison stuff like that. So we got a good group. I don't rule out anything as it goes. You never know how to play out, but I feel good about our group what we got right now.
Speaker 3: What does the pars all have a chance for Monday.
Speaker 2: Yes he does. It's not guaranteed, but he has a chance.
Speaker 1: A week or two to return to practice.
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna get checked up when we go down to LA and scrimmage. And I think down there is where we kind of will we're expecting around that time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any update on Trent or you can? Does you go to meeting?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah he he goes to everything he said practice, But yeah, no updates on either. How's how's this sort back and the neck kind of ye has to ask? Okay, thanks guys,