Speaker 1: You're listening to Jojosa Now with me, Jojo Siua and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Jo Jesse Now. Oh my god, I.
Speaker 1: For the last however many weeks, have been so excited about this podcast. Immediately when I started jogesh and Now, I was like, this is my dream guest list.
Speaker 2: I want to have Harry and Riley on my podcast. You too. I'm talking to them because they're in here.
Speaker 1: I technically haven't introduced them yet, but literally at the top of my guest list. So thank you so much for joining me. Everybody, please welcome Harry and Riley to my Gosh. You too.
Speaker 2: Wow, you too are freaking awesome. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I had the best time watching y'all throughout the season of Stars. I had the best time watching y'all's rehearsal. Tiktoks. I mean, I'm saying this as one of the two billion people that also enjoyed this. I'm saying I'm your number one fan, but I know that's not true because there's so.
Speaker 2: Many number one fans out there.
Speaker 3: Y'all really did the dang thing this season.
Speaker 4: It's crazy. I remember we when you did add dance. We send it to each other with freaking out was really early in the morning. Yeah, you did it like really earlier, and I was awake and I saw it and I'm like, wait, what dance? I think this is wild.
Speaker 1: I remember doing it to my hotel room, but I was just all alone and I was like, I mean it was.
Speaker 2: Addicting, like I was. I was. I was really I want to do it too later today if y'all are y'all are yes, of course y'all you didn't.
Speaker 1: You didn't win the Mirror Ball, and we're gonna go through your whole season. We're gonna talk yeah, freaking I mean, it's a rip off, but y'all did win You really did? You really did have.
Speaker 2: The season you.
Speaker 1: I mean like just like literally statistically rightly, you gained like five hundred thousand Instagram followers.
Speaker 4: No, it's insane. There was a month where she was getting more views on like TikTok and stuff than me. I was like, oh, yeah, look, I got like sixty million views a month. She's like, oh, mine's ninety one million. I'm like, what my fuck?
Speaker 2: Like you like, really, Cater, I don't know what it was or what happened, but somehow everything just kind of like went crazy. I mean, it's unreal watching y'all. It was just like it was so fun.
Speaker 1: And everything you guys did, every TikTok you made, it just was like yeah, five three and that was saved. You would say, text Harry, you had to you had to do so cute. Okay, I want to deep dive and dancing with the stars. But before we do that, I want a deep dive just into both of you because you both come from very different background and now you guys have a friendship that will last for a freaking lifetime. But Harry will start with you. Take me to Harry, Baby, Harry, where are you from?
Speaker 2: How'd you get started?
Speaker 1: I mean, I know I know a little bit about you or like three life, but like give.
Speaker 2: Me, give me your full rundown.
Speaker 4: So I grew up in a very small town in Australia called Yupoon, which is nine hours I was driving from like the closest like major city like Middland nowhere. And yeah, I grew up on a farm. I was a naughty boy. I've got four half sisters, one brother, and I was such a bad boy in school that my parents actually sent me to school in a different country, so.
Speaker 2: A whole different country.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so I grew up between and he's yeah, yeah, do you know what Golden Bay is in Northern Ireland South Island?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What did you film?
Speaker 2: Queenstown?
Speaker 4: Okay? Yeah, so we're right at the top to the left, you know a chrish churches. Nah, it's up around there.
Speaker 1: He took us in a car and didn't tell us where we were. We actually probably went there because I was just like, Okay, I guess we're here now.
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, no, no, yeah. So I went to school over there. I was a naughty boy. I got kicked out of that school as well. So I had to do my final exams in a tent because my parents were.
Speaker 2: You were like, really bad.
Speaker 4: I was just so naughty. I just like wanted to make everyone laugh.
Speaker 2: Riley, has anything changed?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got kicked off the show. Yeah no, But because I was so bad, my parents they were like, well, we've already spent enough money on your boarding school, so you're just gonna have to figure it out. So I just had to sleep in a tent and to do my final exams. And then I also pretty much got kicked out of that school because I streaked at the Sister College. Yeah, I thought what we got told I was seventeen. But what we got told is that it was like the because it was like our final year. We're like about to leave school, and we got told that was like just the year. Thirteen girls there that were like gonna like just saying goodbye to each other whatever else. We come out from behind this curtain and there was police, the mayor was there. It was a whole school assembly and wearing like pink te strings and belly clover's and I was just like, oh, we're done. And one of them, one of the boys, gets tackled by a police officer and then we went loud with the meads at school.
Speaker 2: I was like, you're an angel as a child, I take away.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, And then I went to university and then yeah, I had a few things that went went off of my life and ended up on reality TV.
Speaker 3: So yeah, crazy and your first reality show.
Speaker 4: So it was cool to it's cool to show Heartbreak Island. We actually filmed it in Fiji. It was a New Zealand show. But that kind of like scratched the itch of like trying to make people laugh and like entertainment. And then after that show, like because it was only in New Zealand, it wasn't really a big show, and it was kind of like a weird combination of like Survivor across was like a dating show across like Big Brothers. So I kind of didn't like we didn't really know what we're doing or how it made sense, but like we have to win the challenges. But then the challenge like they were super rigged, so then we ended up like winning, but it was just a crazy thing. And then I was like, Okay, well I just.
Speaker 2: Don't don't tell people it was rigged.
Speaker 4: It it was so long. It was definitely rigged, like they're like, you guys don't have twenty minutes to do his challenge and I'm pretty sure we've been here for two hours to it, but yeah, they and then we ended up winning. It was really cool. And then yeah, I was just like I want to do more of this stuff. I just want to make people laugh. And I was applying for every single show on the planet. I was like looking for Love Island out a UK passort. I was trying to get on that and then it was the same people that were casting Love Island UK as to at the handle and then they just said, look, we can't tell you who it's for, we can't tell you where it's going to be or what the premise of the show is. You just have to trust me that you're the perfect person for this show. And then it was just been crazy ever.
Speaker 1: Since how old were you when you did your first show? And then because I feel like, what was your big break?
Speaker 4: It was too hot to hand because it came out in COVID and it was kind of wild. But it's also weird because like you don't really feel it. It's just like I was in my apartment with my friends here in LA and my phone's on fire. Everyone's telling me like, oh, this is crazy, Like you check this, this person's watching it. I remember when David de Brick posted on Snapchat or his Instagram sorry it was like a photo of me on the story on his story it was like the show's crazy or something like that, and I remember I was like, this is this is wild, Like I can't believe I made it. At that point, I was like, wow, maybe like maybe people know who I am. And then when I went out because we all the gyms were closed, so we used to run at UCLA. Yeah, there was one girl there. Her name is it sided with the X. I'm going to say wrong if I said, but she was the first person that ever recognized me. And then I kept asking her questions about her life and she's like, why do you ask me questions about me? Like I just want a photo? I'm like, yeah, but why do you know me? Like how did this happen? And then I saw paparazzi there and I'm like, oh, maybe maybe I should like think a little bit more about being outside, like what's going on? And that was when it first I kind of clicked. But it was that was it? Yeah, that was the biggest, the biggest thing. And then it's just crazy were.
Speaker 3: You when you did your first show? And then how old were you when you did Too Hot to Handle?
Speaker 4: I was nineteen on the first show and then Taught to Handle? I was twenty one, but I was about to turn twenty two.
Speaker 2: It was quick for you.
Speaker 4: It's quick?
Speaker 2: Was it wild?
Speaker 1: Going from because at nineteen, right, you can kind of like you're not even nineteen, right, You're only eighteen, like, and so you can remember your life, you know what I mean? So is it weird thinking like you had a whole life before you were in the spotlight.
Speaker 4: So strange?
Speaker 2: Is it strange?
Speaker 4: So strange because I was just like my friends and everything's like different. How I used to talk was very different, and like I just didn't care about anyone else. And now I'm like, obviously people watch me, so I have to be a little bit like more careful with my influence.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: But it was just so strange, Like it was just really it's weird to think about. It was like I used to have head down to my shoulders, like it's crazy you had hairdy.
Speaker 1: I'm always fascinated by by by that, like when somebody had a whole life before the spotlight like that, that blows my mind. And I feel like, right now, Riley, you're in that, like you're literally in the midst of that, like you're.
Speaker 2: You had life and now it's like that all ended three months ago for you because now look where you are. It's crazy, it's insane.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, well pause on Harry's Harry's journey. Now I want to hear now, I want to hear your story.
Speaker 2: Give me, give me Riley up until now where are you from? What do you give me? Give me the run down. Okay, So I am from Promo, Utah, small town in Utah. I love it there, small town, but somehow every dancers literally, like if you know a dancer, they're probably from Utah. I have three older sisters where we consider ourselves to Arnold's sisters. It's a good family. Love my family so much. That is you, guys, I don't want to hear it. Okay, let me talk.
Speaker 1: You know Ezra obviously, anyone who doesn't know Ezra is honestly my best friend, y'all's best friend. Like he's a mutual bestie between the two of us. But he comes to me all the time and he goes like, I just wish I was an Arnold. I just wish I was an Arnold sister all the time.
Speaker 4: It's literally the best.
Speaker 2: But anyways, I yeah, I grew up in Utah. I've like danced throughout my whole life. I started when I was like four, but it wasn't until I was like eight years old when my oldest sister lindsay A and Ald got on Dance with Stars and I was like, I'm going to do that one yeah, And like I had no doubt in my mind that I was going to do that, which is when yes, yeah, so I had like no doubt in my mind that I was going to get on that. When I turned thirteen, I got on Dance with Stars Juniors, and that was just like such a cool experience. So yes, no, it was so fun. It's a show. Oh my god, I loved it. No, the best show. It fulfilled like every single dream. I was like obsessed, but I was like, Okay, now I have to do the older one. So I kind of just like worked through that my whole entire life and just continued to train and dancing. I mostly did like the ballroom stuff and like competed in that. And then like two weeks before I moved to LA, I knew I was going to be on the show. So like my whole senior year of high school was kind of like I don't know what I'm going to do. Like yeah, always in the back of my mind, I was like, I'm going to be on Dance with Stars, like somehow I always saw that, which was kind of crazy, but I had to like think of backup plans. I was gonna go to like esthetician school or some kind of college. Yeah, Like yes, I was like kind of just thinking of Plan b's and then all of a sudden, I get the call that I was gonna move down and be a part of the show, and unreal, Yeah, now I'm here.
Speaker 1: It's just kind of crazy when you got that call knowing that it was your dream, your whole life. And also too, you're young, you're eighteen, and yeah, most of the pros are anywhere from exactly. I mean, Jenna's not thirty yet, twenty seven, twenty six, twenty eight, and so to go in you know, you're probably like, Okay, I want to do this, but it's probably not gonna happen when I'm eighteen.
Speaker 2: It's probably gonna have around twenty four exactly. Mean, and what like you get the call? Did you audition? Oh? So I didn't audition. I like before I turned when I was like seventeen, I was compete. I was doing great, and Lindsay sent a video to the casting director and was like, this is my sister Riley. She's turning eighteen in a couple months, like God, have your eyes peeled, and she was like great, whatever. And then when I turned eighteen and I was kind of like done with all like my competing and like high school stuff. They set up a zoom. It was like an hour zoom. They kind of just talked to me, like catched up with me. I kind of like sold myself a little bit of course, make.
Speaker 3: Sure you're not boring?
Speaker 2: Yes, what can I do? How awesome? Whatever? And then then she called me like two weeks later, and I was just like chilling on my couch, literally did not expect it whatsoever. And I get the call. It was literally like the whole day just did not feel real because it truly, like I say this all the time, it really was my biggest dream. It's like I could die happy now like the fact that I do exactly I need so too, but like it's just like it was so surreal and so special that I got to do it, and it is it's crazy that I'm doing it at eighteen. That's unreal. To ask me to just like move to La by myself and try and live on my own, but also like get like a crazy big job that I've always wanted at eighteen years old is a lot to ask. But I feel like I was. I feel like I'm very mature for my age, yes, and I like I grew up really quickly, which is good and helpful, but like it's crazy to ask me to age like seven years in this last few months. Yes, definitely. Like the things I like learned about myself, I feel like would take people like ten years to learn about themselves. Like I learned so much. I was put in a lot of like stressful situations, high anxiety situations, but I learned a lot about myself and I feel like I really really grew up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's crazy. I know, like just from when I did Stars.
Speaker 1: You watch the Pros as one of the Stars, and I'm sure, Harry, you can really relate to this, especially like you watch the Pros and you're.
Speaker 2: Just like, damn, I know I'm stressed, but they they have to be going down.
Speaker 1: I would just watch Jenna's brain crumble some days of rehearsals and like you want to help, but at the same time you can't.
Speaker 2: And you did such a good job, like.
Speaker 1: The thank you the product that y'all, I know you got crap for it every single week. And one of the thing things about Stars is I'm like, yo, it's not.
Speaker 2: A dance competition. Like it is not a dance competition. A lot of people think it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Jenna actually times with me, would would restrict dancing because she would be like, it's not a dance competition.
Speaker 2: I will never ever forget it.
Speaker 1: When we did my Halloween, jazz I was like, finally I can do jazz I was like, Jenna, please let me do a turn. Let me do a good turn, because I mean, I'm a dancer, it's my background.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Home Girl was like, you can do a double, a double. You can let me do a double. Jenna like six, let me give me something. I'm on the ballroom Florida. Jazz I can give you ten. You do a double. It's not a dance competition. And I was like, I will do a double and it will be the best double you've ever seen. No, it's though, like it's a reality show and it's about like like just seeing people's experience doing something vulnerable and like crazy, like that's what it is.
Speaker 1: And you had zero dance background right never, it was like one of my biggest fears.
Speaker 3: Y'all just went streaking. You didn't go dancing.
Speaker 4: Like I wish I had time to like practice or like take classes and stuff, but like I was filming another show. I filmed three shows in those four months.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: So I went from filming Amazing Race and this other one and The Dead and it's filming that one. I came here and then it was like straight into rehearsals.
Speaker 2: Got it? Where do you live now? Do you live here now?
Speaker 4: Yeahah, I've been here for a minute.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you didn't have time to Like, no, I wish like when we're filming the first Amazing Race, when we're filming that, I got the call for this and then I'm like, oh, I don't know if they'll like me whatever else. And then as I was away for this second show, that was when the contract and stuff came through and then I was like, damn, I should probably really like figure this out. And then I landed and it was like okay, first lesson and looking back at the first day, I'm like, damn, Like riting must have been so stressed, unless she was like oh yeah, because I've never had a complimenting me. I'm like, I didn't think that I deserved that. A couple of.
Speaker 2: Them up a little bit. Yes, No, he was like he wasn't bad and for his first day, like he was moving, but like.
Speaker 4: I was also like in the right direction.
Speaker 1: Maybe there was no day like where Riley would have been like, all right, use your plea and you were like, what what's a plea?
Speaker 2: That was literally that every day, Yes, yeah, until the last. Remember the first time I was like, okay, you have to He's like, what the heck is a plea? Yeah?
Speaker 4: When she said whatever it is, I was yeah, I was like, I'm just running sideways. She's like. I was like, yeah, we do this in rugby. She's like okay, but like why give it a silly name?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, it's like it's all the fancy terminology that I can't imagine because you would just.
Speaker 2: Say that, you know exactly, keep on relevant? What does that mean? Yeah, tippy toes, you know what exactly.
Speaker 4: Even when they were when we did a team dance and they're like, oh yeah, bowl change, I'm like what I was just I was watching his feet and then O heay doing it? Well, I'm like, did I do it?
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 4: I had no idea. I was just like, Okay, it's like learning another language.
Speaker 2: I mean really, it really is. Most of it's French? Right, Yeah? Am I making that up?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: Most of the French?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, learning French hold up yeah, wow yeah, couple of girl that was like, I'm in front of the Eiffel Tower and the only French words that I could say tom pod.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all at answers, like when you would step on your right foot then like put your left foot behind, then your right foot and then your left foot in front.
Speaker 4: Have we done that?
Speaker 2: Okay, we didn't get there yet.
Speaker 1: All? Right?
Speaker 3: Day one you walk in? Were you set in the room before he walked in?
Speaker 2: Yes? I was set? You were set? Yeah, you didn't know who your partner was going to be? Right, I did you? I figured out like a couple of days before I did figure it out.
Speaker 4: Sneaky, I know, Yeah, how did you figure it out? Again?
Speaker 2: So Emma was the one actually who kind of got Harry like familiar with the casting director and kind of like with the show because she wanted him to be a part of it, and she found out that he was castid. But they were like, he's not your partner, He's going to be somebody else's partner, and so she was like, if he's going to be anyone's partner's going to be Riley's.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So then she told me and I was like Okay, all the stars are aligning because there was like music, people asking me about like music and like what styles would work with the music, and there was got to Keep your Head Up. They like asked me what style I could do with that? And then I literally watched Harry's podcast talking about got to Keep Your Head Up with Andy Grammer literally like ten minutes before I got that to and I was like, no way, Like, oh that makes Harry is going to be my partner, which was like actually kind of crazy but stoked, Yes, well, yes I was. No, No, I was stoked because, like I was like, Harry seems funny, He's like awesome. I think he's so cool. But I knew, like I watched a couple of episodes too hot to handle, you know, it seemed like an interesting guy. I didn't know what to expect interesting. I just didn't know what to expect. I was like, is he going to be? Like I just I didn't know what to answer exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I was a fan.
Speaker 2: I'd say I was a fan of Harry. Yeah, like I followed him already on like TikTok and stuff. Yes I did. Oh wow number one right here, she's covering this whole time.
Speaker 1: Okay, now now your turn. When you walked in and you saw Riley, what was your like? What were you Did you know it was going to be her before you walked in or were you no?
Speaker 4: No idea? I was googling the pros, yeah, and I wasn't one of them. One of them was my boy. I was sitting there like, okay, like I think, well, I know I'm not getting an Emma because she messaged me, so I'm going through it. I'm like, okay, probably this one, like I don't know. And then I walk in and Rise I was like yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, who did you want to see when you walked in?
Speaker 2: Did you have a pro that you were like?
Speaker 4: I don't want no idea? Yeah, because the only one I knew was Emma because I met her out a few times and that was the only person that I knew from the show. So then I was kind of just like, well, I'm sure it'd be the right person. When I come in and it was Riley, and then I was like, okay, well you're not on the list, so who are you?
Speaker 2: Who are you?
Speaker 3: Tell me what went on in y'all's first rehearsal.
Speaker 2: What did you what did you do? What did you work? What did you try? What was did you try a lift? Like give me your day one rehearsal Judging.
Speaker 4: That first dance that we did, we probably didn't rehearse anything.
Speaker 2: We rehearsal a lot. I feel like the first meat is always like very produced because you like, of course well, and also it's kind of like, did you feel awkward vibes at all?
Speaker 4: No? I was just hungover, okay, okay, I.
Speaker 2: Because you are polar opposite.
Speaker 1: We are polar opposite world, Like I didn't know that you were such a bad boy, but I know being Utah and going to understage, you were the most sweetest little girl ever, you know what.
Speaker 2: Sister, Yeah, yeah, and it comes with it.
Speaker 1: And so now all together it's just even the way y'all talk is so opposite, but it's so connected, so fun.
Speaker 2: But anyways, our first meet it's very like produced, and you like ask each other like a set of questions and then you're like, wait, what's next, and then they like tell you what to ask each other. So like we asked each other a lot of questions, kind of got to know each other, and then we were able to do like two eight counts of the chacha that I have prept and I taught him a little bit of it like a New Yorker Cuban breaks. You remember those steps, Yeah, committed, committed to the committed to. Yeah, it was like a pretty just like chill day, just like trying my best to get the most I could out of him. Yeah. Yeah, it was a little hectic, overwhelming. Yes, I could tell you were overwhelmed too, Like you were like, I'm tired.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I landed at three am that day and then we're like six, where are you coming in from Mexican?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I had to go through like a different city because I had to get this visa. Things stands possible. So it was like a big stressful time. Like I was already like yeah, redlining, Like I was so exhausted.
Speaker 2: And then you get to dancing with the stars. Did you expect it?
Speaker 1: For anyone who doesn't know, dancing with the Stars is a bubble and when you are in it, nothing pops up.
Speaker 2: Bubble. It is go, go, go, go go.
Speaker 1: It is so stressful. People ask me all the time, now, what was more stressful? Dancing with the stars are special Forces? And the answer is one hundred percent special Forces, but the difference was special Forces was eight days Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 4: My journey special Forces eight days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, special Forces only eight days.
Speaker 1: Wow, but it's eight days, twenty four hours a day, always on, always brain, always on.
Speaker 2: It's always on, like you're removed from me.
Speaker 4: It was like a month.
Speaker 2: No, it's super quick. It's crazy, but it feels like at the halfway point I told everyone. I was like, guys were halfway. Then day five rolled around and I was like, oh god, it's so we're only a day passed halfway.
Speaker 3: Then day six I was like, oh my god, we're only three quarters.
Speaker 2: Like it's insane.
Speaker 1: God, I could go down a deep dark hole with it. But daybel the Stars is just so long, and it is every day. And so did you expect it to be as stressful as it was or did you think going into it, like, oh.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be like a chill all dance show.
Speaker 4: I thought it was going to be like yeah, I was just I didn't realize it was going to be every single day. Yeah, four hours a day, and just like the amount of like pressure and then also like your mentality going into it like it was because when I did an Amazing Race, it was the hottest thing I've ever done. Like it was every day you're running like fourteen hours a day trying to get to the next thing, then sitting down doing a challenge, trying to use your brain just to get to the next city. But like this one was just so different. Like it was good to have the routine and then going and I be hanging out with Riley, but it's also like stressful because I'm like there's so many like dance critiques now, like Amazing Race, no one really cares about your your technique whatever else. But then on this when you're doing it, like everyone is so like nitpicky and they want to see this and they want to see that, and then you also have to put on a brave face. And then I also didn't realize how hecktic the audience was, Like they're so cutthroat, like they're so passionate. Yeah, they're so like mean. They was so mean to us. There was like it went from like love love love, to like, okay, Harry's getting so many bad scores to just like hating us for some reason, Like obviously there was enough people that loved us to keep us in. But there was so many people that were just so angry, and then you're in that bubble and that's all you're thinking about. Damn, Like I must be terrible because all these people want me to die. It's crazy people.
Speaker 1: I obviously followed along with y'all's journey, and I didn't follow along with the comments as much as you would, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But I did see that shift of everyone was like yeah, Riley, Riley.
Speaker 1: And then all of a sudden, I would read comments on just like any of the Dancing with the Stars post, and I'd be like, wait, why did everyone switch up?
Speaker 2: Like what's happening? Like really, last week everyone.
Speaker 3: Was like oh my god, and now this week they're like they need to go home.
Speaker 2: But yeah, crazy, Literally.
Speaker 4: I switched back. They're like, oh, we miss you should be on you guys got robbed.
Speaker 1: What it just kind of is like algorithm rules, you know what I mean, And it's it's so silly. I mean, y'all did do so good and you looked like you had the time of your line. Did you guys have fun so much fun? Yeah?
Speaker 4: It was amazing. Yeah, we had like every day was just a joy. Yeah, there were some days when would be a little bit overwhelmed, need a little bit of food, But after that it was Yeah, it was good, and I felt like we really were able to bond because I guess you know, each team really bonds, but I feel like in that nature and her first season, like she really laughed onto me. I was also in a very uncomfortable situation with everything that was going on, so I was latching under her.
Speaker 2: Ye, like we just have each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really hectic, Like I just I don't I don't think I would have wantedn't have done it with anyone.
Speaker 1: Else, Like it would have been if you had to if you had to pick another pro from your season, and you had to pick another star from your season, who would it be?
Speaker 4: Sha Yeah, I was going to say or female because we would have so much fun.
Speaker 2: You would have a lot of heat.
Speaker 4: Think him out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly for me. Oh, I don't know, maybe like Tyson just because he was so funny and he was like he was one of the guys slewries that was actually like super super nice. Yeah, so I thought he would be fun and.
Speaker 4: He wasn't that serious.
Speaker 2: Wanted to have fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people get really lost in it and they're like so serious about it. They never want to smile. They didn't want to crack a joke. Guys like you can't enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Who took y'all season?
Speaker 3: The most serious? Like who is that person that was like I.
Speaker 4: Think was taking.
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, he's so which is good, Like it's his passion, it's his craft.
Speaker 2: And they're doing great. I mean, I don't think is going to win. I think so Chi.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think Sochio, Arianna or Ariana. Yeah, Ariana is so good. Yeah, and she's obviously go to following and people love it, right, people want to see you go through. Yeah, and obviously Sochi's just like it just looks like she grew up dancing, like she knows exactly what she's doing.
Speaker 3: She's never danced before, right, I don't think so crazy.
Speaker 4: It feels like she has it feels like she just like came out in the room dancing.
Speaker 2: Do you see her dance? Harry? And you were like, dang it, how did she not have a dance brock?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I was looking at every else like, how do you guys getting this so quick? Do you even know the words for it? I just don't even know the steps, you know the steps and the woods?
Speaker 1: All right, everyone knows y'all had your viral TikTok moment, y'all's dance from your Week one to not even like a like mid season viral moment like week one show starting y'all's dance with viral over night on TikTok.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wild, it was crazy. Did were you did you? Did you kind of make up that part being like, Okay, here's the like I want this to be a TikTok thing or was it just kind of like this what we're gonna do? No, not at all, Like it was just like a little groove section in our chacha that I felt was fun and Harry could do it well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like it's just so crazy smart because the thing about Dancing with the Stars is it's just like what like own what you got exactly, use what you have to your advantage exactly. That is a big thing with Dancing with the Stars. If you got a big boy.
Speaker 2: Lift me, I mean like I used your strength, yes, yeah, strength yeah.
Speaker 1: And so I think for you that that was like that moment and you could tell watching your dance like at that part, the part that the part with that went viral.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that you were just Okay, now I can breathe and I can like have fun.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, I think because I was in my head at the start. I remember when we're laying on and I've never been in front of a live crowd before, I've never danced before. I'm like, I was so out of my comfort zone. And I remember when we stood up, my leg was shaking, and then I was thinking about my leg and then I'm like, oh shit, that we have to do steps now. Oh no, there's people watching. And then by the time that she ripped my show up and was I went through like all the emotions mentally, and when she ripped my showed up and I was like, oh okay, I know this. I can just have fun now, yeah, relaxed.
Speaker 1: But it was just so scary and kind of blows up and then it goes viral and then you're like, damn, we are so cool.
Speaker 2: It was insane.
Speaker 3: When did you realize, like, oh my god, od Dan, this is the thing, Like what did someone do it?
Speaker 2: I literally remember seeing the first video and I was like, huh, I wonder if people will like catch on with this and like think it's actually catchy and like fun. Yeah. And then like after like a good like maybe two thousand videos, it was like okay, yeah, like that's cool, you are going to start doing this.
Speaker 4: I remember the first video it was the girl doing it in front of the Eiffel Tower. I'm like, wait, oh, these people overseas doing it. Yeah, and then I was like, holy shit, Riley, like you've done something crazy. This is really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then it just became a thing. No, it's everyone did it?
Speaker 3: Even stars did it?
Speaker 4: I as well?
Speaker 2: Yes, No, it's just insane, And it's like it honestly is like kind of fitting because like Harry is like big in like the social and like I feel like we're both like kind of in that realm a little bit. So it was like kind of fitting for like our pair to like kind of have something like that, like blow up a little bit. You know. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Now you're just gonna have a mission every season down.
Speaker 4: I hope it doesn't again. Yeah, no jealousy if she gets a big enviroler, like damn, my egoys so crushed.
Speaker 1: What about a partner next season? Will you be like no, I'd be excited for her, Yeah, because I can't relate. I literally told Jed I was like, for your sake, I hope he's great. For my sake, I hope he sucks.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I'm just I just wanted to do well. Yes again, it's like we got so close, Like she goes almost go to taste of the semi finals and the finale.
Speaker 2: I mean to make it to the quarterback Harry, yeah, completely fulfilled.
Speaker 4: Well I don't.
Speaker 1: For you.
Speaker 4: I'm like, damn, I should have actually figured out a bull change.
Speaker 3: The thing is is say you would have gone further than you guys did.
Speaker 2: Where would you have to go?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 3: I exactly you want to have some some goals, and y'all.
Speaker 4: Did so good.
Speaker 2: I mean you really did. Y'all were cind to watch.
Speaker 1: Thank you you you were even though the fan base swayed occasionally and they went back and forth between loving, loving you, hating on you, back to loving you, back to hating on you, back to wanting you.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. You were the talk of the town.
Speaker 1: You both wore the talk of the town, and whether people liked it or not, you know what I mean, you two were the people that they were talking about. They didn't and if they were mad that someone went home, they were happy that you stayed. And if they were happy that somebody went, they were.
Speaker 2: Mad you stayed. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You guys were always the topic. Is it weird to think, like, damn, one of the biggest shows and we were the talk of the town like that.
Speaker 2: It's insane, especially like for my first season and then like always wanting to be on the show and we were like one of the most popular couples. Is insane to think about. It's so crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that was the crazy thing as well. When people get eliminated this stop blaming us. I'm like, okay, sure, which is easy talk. Yeah, I was like, okay, like I'm sorry, like for else Okay, Yeah, it was really wild. But yeah, the fact that she did so much on her first season is incredible, so wild.
Speaker 1: I feel like I know the answer to this. But whose elimination was hardest? For you guys because you become such a family.
Speaker 4: Yeah, God, I think Les is like tough. Was like a hard one because you know, we were just so close and we had the team.
Speaker 2: We're protesting that right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Was apparently one of the workers went out and ask them and they're like, we're paid to be here. So I don't know, Harry, I don't know. I don't know they I feel like it makes sense if they're protesting, but apparently they said to one of the workers that they're like, oh no, we're paid. I mean, look moment.
Speaker 2: Either way, it's awesome. Yeah, either way, I need protesters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly, I saw it and I was like, if they hired that, that's genius. Yeah they didn't, that's cool.
Speaker 4: Genius twenty five coming next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should just make a post that's like, hey, protest for us. Do you know how many people would show up? Oh?
Speaker 4: My god'll do it?
Speaker 3: These concert? Did y'all go to y'all went to Tates concert?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I remember saying those videos like that was insane.
Speaker 4: It was really nuts.
Speaker 2: But that was like the first time that I was like whoa. But I also think like her whole demographic and the people that came to her concert was our demographics, because it was like the minute we left, like we're coming down, it was like a swarm. It was crazy, Like I was like, what the heck?
Speaker 4: We tried to leave early as well, like before the last final song, like okay, let's just get out of here really quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, when people spotted us, it was really nuts. I guess my problem is like You're in a room full of goes and I'm six or five. Yeah, They're like, there's a lighthouse, let's go towards him. But that was really like I just felt worried because I'm like, damn, I don't want to get crushed. And then I remember I was holding her hand and then I heard it like a trash can get knocked over, and it was like someone like fell in between us, Like can I get a photo? I'm like, yo, don't like knock her over? Like it was yeah, I'm like I would take a photo, but like we've got to keep moving us. Yeah, it's gonna be crazy. It was really nuts.
Speaker 2: That was crazy.
Speaker 1: What was y'all's favorite adventure that you went on that what didn't have to do with the show. It's like a fun memory that went on mid season that like people don't.
Speaker 2: What did we do?
Speaker 4: Taylor the Taylor Swift was sick.
Speaker 2: That was really fun. We went to the premiere of Taor swiss eras. Yes, Taylor like came in, Yes, she came in our theater and we were sitting like the theater with her family and her band. Oh my god. Yeah, so that was really fun that we got to that. But I don't know, I feel like we just yeah, that's that's a pretty good one. Yeah, that's a pretty good adventure. Yeah, it was a great one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now take me through a day and y'all's rehearsals you get there were your rehearsals three hours for Lucky Did you guys only get.
Speaker 2: Three We only got three hours?
Speaker 3: Yeah, three hours, no outside rehearsals.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's insane, brutal. Well, your sister during COVID too and doing so that's generally would tell me.
Speaker 3: During my season, she was like, this isn't Dancing with the stars.
Speaker 2: She was like, normally, it's so fun.
Speaker 3: It's so family. We do team dances, you hang out in the skybox together the audience.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I don't know what you talk about. This is great. I'm having so much fun. Yeah, and then I came to watch y'all. It came to two shows.
Speaker 1: I went to Latin Night this season and Halloween Night this season, and I remember seeing the skybox and being like.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's an audience.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, seeing y'all's rehearsal tiktoks, Oh, I get it now when y'all did the team dance to gang themselves like, oh this is so good, so day and dayan y'all's rehearsals.
Speaker 3: Four hours of Riley and Harry in Studio one, two, three or four?
Speaker 2: What goes on?
Speaker 4: I will give you get Studio three. He always gets so angry.
Speaker 2: Which one was Studio three?
Speaker 4: It was like the may on the left.
Speaker 2: Yes it is one, yeah, but it's not that big for like like first standard it was terrible. Yep, I'd be so mad. Tiny box, yes, once a tiny box. Hate one, but they usually don't put us in there.
Speaker 1: Hated one.
Speaker 2: They usually don't put anyone in there unless if there's it's like a full house. But yeah, whenever us put in three, I'd be like, are you serious? Or you know? I hate that one? Okay, But anyways, our rehearsals, so we get there. Harry's always in really good spirits in the beginning of the rehearsal, like he's always got good energy and it's like awesome.
Speaker 4: So because I have food, Yes, you've got.
Speaker 2: Food, You've got some good sleep. And then we start rehearsals. It takes well, it takes like fifteen minutes to like get in the group and like actually start rehearsal. Yeah of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So then we start rehearsal, and then we do like a good like hour of rehearsing, and then we lose Harry a little bit, okay, just like brain. So then we take like a good like fifteen minute like food pee he peas like every ten minutes, naturally.
Speaker 4: A gallon every day, yeah yeah, and then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then like by like hour two, it's like getting pretty good. Maybe he's had like a couple of energy shots. So we're like feeling good about things. Our three, we're losing ourselves a little bit. Our four brutal. We don't even want to talk to each other.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah yeah, we're not even talking.
Speaker 3: We just dancing real yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And then we leave and we're like okay, see you tomorrow. And then we started all over again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you come in in as fresh day. Yeah, all right, biggest fight y'all got in.
Speaker 2: Often.
Speaker 4: No, No, we would get frustrated. Yeah, we definitely, like Frosty Thursdays would be frustrated.
Speaker 2: I want to hear like when she frustrated you most, and when you frustrated her most, because I feel like those are going to be what frustrated you most, and then we'll go biggest fight.
Speaker 4: I think the biggest thing that would frustrate me the most is when I didn't know the steps and she'd like, you have to do with confidence, and then she's like, we're gonna do it with music right now. I'm like like, but I would just be overwhelmed.
Speaker 2: You're like, we're going to do what with me?
Speaker 4: And then and then she'd be like, well, we have to get the wide end, and I'm like, oh my god, there's so many There'd be so many things that would like I already be overwhelmed, yeah, uncomfortable, But then I would be like, oh, now I feel guilty because I know there's a lot of pressure on her to get this wide en and there's also the pressure on her to get the dance done. So then I would be stressed out that she's stressed out, and then I'm like, god, I just would just drive me crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think about Harry is like he's so sweet, Like he's just so sweet, so so like when I'm like asking him to do things, I like feel bad, like genuinely inside. I'm like, oh, like he's trying, Like but yeah, you're not doing it, but you're trying. The thing that frustrated me most was probably like just like he would get h in his head about the steps and then just completely like shut shut down, Like I would just lose.
Speaker 4: Him, and then I'm like, yeah, I just wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was that was like the most frustrating thing is when I would lose him and I'd be like, Okay, we're done.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Was there a time mid season that you were like, oh, this person has my back or like oh this person is Like if I didn't have this person right now, I'd be screwed.
Speaker 4: I think, Brandon, are you talking about me?
Speaker 1: Like whenever you felt like I had a hard day and like if you didn't have right if Brandon would come in and help me with the steps, and I'm like he generally got my back?
Speaker 4: Wait, what was the question?
Speaker 2: When did I When did you ever feel like I like had your back or when you were like, oh, I like really need Riley in this moment.
Speaker 4: I think anytime we get terrible schools and you're like it's fine, it's not a big deal. It's not about the schools, it's about like people voting. Yeah again, it's a TV show. Yeah, it's not a dancing competition because you know, obviously I wasn't the best, and then I would compare myself to other people and then like a fair few of that other people have had a lot of dance experience, so it came naturally to them, So I was like I would get overwhelmed, like why don't I look like them when I'm dancing? And then she would just like talk me out of it, like hey, like it's it's really not that deep, Like it's fine. So there was so many moments like that, especially on the live show day.
Speaker 2: Because it's like why am I not a good deal?
Speaker 4: So why get it? But because the emotions are rollercoaster, like the all day, and if I didn't have heard like telling me that stuff, I probably would have just like walked out. Yeah yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: For me, I feel like, I mean there's a lot of times where you had my back, like I don't know, like he always just like wanted to, like I feel like I was always protected by hair. Always wanted to make sure that I was like safe and protected from like people saying stuff, and like, obviously, like my first season came with a little bit of hate because it was like people questioned if I was ready or if like I was doing good enough. He always like made me feel really happy about that showed anybody who said that that you were thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah I was. I was saying, like, I feel like some of the other pros might be worried now because yeah, how like she fully changed the trajectory of the show by like now they don't like the pros don't have to worry about the dances. I have to worry about the dances and social media stuff. Yep, because it's really dance.
Speaker 1: And I think you also now set a standard for anyone else knew coming in. Yeah, you came in and you let the show on fire. You know what I mean. You brought you brought your your dancing obviously, but you brought a presence as well, and a presence on social media, but also an entertaining presence on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think a lot of that was y'all's dynamic. I think a lot of it was that.
Speaker 1: But I think Riley you deserve a lot of credit for that. You you came in and brought a fun energy to the pro side of things, even and opening numbers and stuff like it was fun.
Speaker 3: To watch you.
Speaker 1: And now obviously there's gonna be new pros, maybe not this season, maybe not next season, but maybe the next season or maybe tomorrow you never know. Yeah, but there's now like a standard because there hasn't really been. I guess they added Coco last year, but that was kind of just like nonchalant. She just kind of like showed up. Yours was like a big appearance, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, adding a new pro this season, Yeah, and it was a big deal. And so now I think there is that standard yea. And it's gonna be hard for people to marry.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you. No, it's seriously, like it's crazy to think about. And I just got so lucky, like too, to be paired with Harry. Yes, I feel like we just made such splash together and like people really like to see our relationship together, and so I feel like, yeah, I just got lucky with how everything happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I have to ask because we are about to wrap up this podcast.
Speaker 3: As a fan on the Last Dance, y'all, did.
Speaker 2: I noticed something in the middle.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's the thing. That's what's hilarious. I'm like, if we were going to kiss in the dits, why would it be in the middle?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, why was it in the middle?
Speaker 4: The guys we kissed?
Speaker 2: But I was like, yeah, you did, so that we probably was the out out out lean in what was it? I literally just got close to his face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I even in rehearsal it was like, I'm gonna get close, but with this shadow, with this shadow, it looked like that. But I was also like, when people are asking me in the in the press side of the end of it, I'm like, guys, why would we do it in the middle? Why not in the end when there's a confetti and it's a big moment, like why just let's keep going? Like I was like, that would make.
Speaker 2: Sense because it was sentimental in the middle. Well, y'all are crushing my dreams. So I gonna pretend I didn't ask that.
Speaker 4: Do you have a different answer? Yeah, we made out, Yeah we kissed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I will say watching that, dude, it was so fun to watch people on TikTok be like did it?
Speaker 2: Did it happen? I know the videos it's this slow with the red circle. Yes, I saw my free page. I'm like, come on, I was like looking.
Speaker 4: At him, did we wait? It looks like we did. Yeah, it does.
Speaker 3: Happen, like when you're dancing that close to somebody.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've never told anybody this, but on accident, Jenna and I touched lips one time, on full accident.
Speaker 1: It was in our contemporary. It's when I'm releasing to the floor and I mean, you're dancing this better, and it never had happened before, and then it happened. And then we got into the finals, and so that rehearsal, we showed.
Speaker 2: Up and we were like that that happened. Yeah, that happened.
Speaker 3: Okay, I noticed that happened. You notice Happenkay, let's not talk about it ever again.
Speaker 2: Great? Cool, Like that's literally how it went down. I was like, you felt that. I felt that.
Speaker 3: Just wanted to make sure that like neither of us cared. You're fine, I'm fine.
Speaker 2: Great, So it did happen basically for y'all. I saw.
Speaker 3: The camera angle made it look like it happened, and I will I will accept that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, would you recommend doing special Forces because sister really wants to do it Lindsay.
Speaker 2: Lindsay wants to do it so bad.
Speaker 3: Okay, can I make a hitch?
Speaker 2: I don't think she can do it together. I want them so bad.
Speaker 1: No, I want them so bad if they do, if they do a season three, I was gonna I was gonna talk to casting over there some sort of pair because you become such a family with these strangers. But I think the dynamic if a husband and wife was there, or a brother and sister, brother and brother, sister and sister cousin. I think the dynamic of that would be so interesting because you become such a team, and I would be intrigued to see how a sister would push another sister.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And I think like if if you did it with Lindsay and Lindsay was gonna quit, you'd be like, don't quit, or you'd be like, yeah you quit.
Speaker 2: I'm staying. You know what I mean? Like, what would that dynamic become? You should do it?
Speaker 4: I tell everybody that, yeahs but that fell through.
Speaker 2: You do But yeah, I was supposed to do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we could have been there together.
Speaker 2: I'll playing fell through for both of us. I felt through because if it did, and I would have had to say no to Forces.
Speaker 3: So then I was like, thank god, it's a gnarly show.
Speaker 2: Highly recommend all. Right, where do y'all? Where do y'all go from here? You're what's what's happening now? In your future? Stars is done?
Speaker 3: Y'all crushed it? What's next for both of you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I'm going on tour a You're going to have the best time. I'm very excited. I think to be really exciting for me. And then after tour I just chill and then hope I get asked back for the next season. You better if you don't. If you don't, oh my gosh, Riot, we will ride it. Please paid.
Speaker 4: I'm in a film that should be coming out next year hopefully, and then another show, but hopefully just just hosting stuff, and then more TV shows like I really love entertaining people.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get you on Special Forces.
Speaker 4: I'll do Special Forces, but I won't dance again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if yelled, so you'll be fine on the tour.
Speaker 4: Maybe we're talking about that. Yeah, it's up in the air right now, so we'll see. It could be fun. Never been on tour, never really been in front of a live crowd, so it could be kind of cool to do that, especially with these guys because there's so much fun.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, nothing, nothing crazy. You just want to keep working and keep the momentum moving.
Speaker 2: I love it. Yeah, thank you freaking both so much. Thank you being on this podcast. I adore you forever, will forever. We'll be supporting both. Everybody follow Harry and Riley everywhere. Can they find you both? Riley Arnold one on Instagram, Riley Arnold on TikTok, Riley Arnold on snapchatchat.
Speaker 4: Crazy in there.
Speaker 3: Yep, I'm just Harry Jousey everywhere, Harry Jousey everywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm Heavy Jousey everywhere everywhere. It was hard for you to not do his accent back.
Speaker 4: She does it every day.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a joke, like I never, okay do it. I just always like make fun of him.
Speaker 4: So always makes fun.
Speaker 2: It's impossible, it's so fun. We love accents in America. We think they're the coolest thing ever. It's cool. It's cool. Yeah, it is all right. Thank you so much for listening. Now, thank you for being here.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you both so very much. And uh, I'll talk to everybody.
Speaker 2: Out there, another time next week.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for listening. Everybody.
Speaker 1: Be sure to follow us on Instagram and TikTok at jojes you would now podcast, be sure to write us a review and maybe if you're feeling to leave us five stars, I'll see you next week