Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to The Odd Couple podcast. Be sure to check us out live every weekday from seven pm to ten pm Eastern four to seven Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for The Odd Couple at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: Our number three here on Martin Luther King Junior Day, a great day for all Americans.
Speaker 4: What he stood for.
Speaker 5: Elijah just reposted our beginning of the show today, our thoughts about Martin Luther King.
Speaker 4: Thanks Elijah getting.
Speaker 2: That out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in case you haven't seen that, but we're thankful. We're grateful, great to be here working on you for you. Live College Football net Sational Championship ten nothing Indiana, six minutes to go in the first half of this game.
Speaker 2: A snooze fest for the most part, Sorry about that.
Speaker 3: For over forty years, tire Rack has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship Fast and free back by free Road has a protection and convenient installation options like mobile tire installation. Tire rack dot Com the way tire buying should be and of course with the iHeartRadio app, you can stream us.
Speaker 2: Wherever you happen to be.
Speaker 3: That's right, catch us and all the fine great Fox Sports Radio shows live twenty four to seven and the new and improved the iHeartRadio App.
Speaker 2: I think Stu gott started today.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, I didn't get a chance to abody list. Was that the day butt today?
Speaker 2: Yep? Yeah, thumbs up his day Butt?
Speaker 4: He takes over the old slot. What is he on? Noon? Two Western Pacific time? So? Was that three to five eastern Eastern?
Speaker 2: There you go, Stu Gotts. Check them out.
Speaker 3: Just search Fox Sports Radio in the app and stream us all day live, all day, every day, and be sure to select Fox Sports Radio is one of your presets in the iHeartRadio app so that it'll always pop up at the top of your screen. Tyler Dragon from the USA Today NFL reporter.
Speaker 4: We'll talk to him about CJ. Remember he was I think he was. He was acting like it was gonna be all right, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like they CJ was good, just gonna be fine. So we'll take him the task. By the way, right, May hear me with that? Because I need to stop you right now? What can I get my winnings.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I have it.
Speaker 4: Don't be oh yeah and me like that?
Speaker 5: Hr you Elijah, don't be oh yeah and me okay, dang it, I'm sitting here minding you know how heckting my weekend was. I had shots with my boy, big birthday dinners, I had this. You know, I got seventeen kids around. You're texting me all day, but then you don't want to talk to me about my winnings. What you have all four? And oh Kelvin was oning four. We didn't nobody ask you what I was for good.
Speaker 2: I've got a lot of things going on.
Speaker 4: You ain't got nothing going on?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 4: You wanted to hear mask rob you guys?
Speaker 3: What what?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: I forgot?
Speaker 7: Boy?
Speaker 5: You would be the first thing in here licking your fingers view one.
Speaker 4: Thank you for my right here. Let me make sure this say't my recycled when I gave you. Let me see if I got my finger for it. Let me tell you, yeah, and it's the same one I gave you. It only got.
Speaker 3: Nine dollars left, got nine dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let me get this the big pack with the Louisiana rub and the hot honey.
Speaker 4: Sir it's seventeen dollars left. What you mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they only had nine dollars on it. Oh, thank you. I appreciate that we had a little better course. I had the uh, ain't gonna lie. They had me nervous, the Rams over the bears and oh does it.
Speaker 3: Make sense that I should give him a card when I was four knowing pigskin pickoff and he was owing for and rob.
Speaker 4: G, don't hit on, don't disrespect him. I might jump up, rob if you agreed to it. You agreed to it.
Speaker 2: Rob G is Manzi.
Speaker 3: He's easy dead to you. He's dead to me because you know what. He kissed me off so bad.
Speaker 4: He really did. You should have seen our group text.
Speaker 3: So this is what this is what it was. It was like, okay, I was like, Kelvin, you lost the bet. I was four, and Olympics can pick up you zero and four And I.
Speaker 4: Said, wait, that's not our bet. Our bet was straight up, no, straight up.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, I had three and a half points with the bet, so I should win the bet. I should win the wings. Rob G, who's got a million things and two kids.
Speaker 4: They might have been a Disneyland without them. You don't know.
Speaker 3: He goes to the of the episode and pulls out the audio. The audio off the bet. What a wonderful producer. He hates for me to win, he cried when he found it. I'm going into the Black Sports Riders Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: He did, he did.
Speaker 2: He was like sick over it.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, listen, you've had a lot of wings lately. Can I get my one?
Speaker 4: You got? George, look me in my eyes and say I got it at me.
Speaker 3: You had to give you j to give you new Jays, and you're complaining about you know, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I'm mad about to I'm mad that I had to go through all that to get my bubblah. What do I do? I come right in Yo. Welcome to the Eye Couple. By there you go, brother, Welcome to the Eye Couple. Here's a here's a gift card the Nike or foot like whatever.
Speaker 4: It was all right, but he gotta go through that two hours of a three hour show.
Speaker 3: Oh oh oh oh oh. If I wasn't going to pay my bet, I have to go buy that. So obviously I was gonna honor the.
Speaker 5: No, we're not questioning that was in my bag and I just want you to make a show.
Speaker 2: No, we're not doing all.
Speaker 4: I had a dream that you would make a show when you lose.
Speaker 5: And you gotta pay your boy anyway, thank you for these hot and hot honey. I don't know if they have it because I'm thinking of the wing style, but whatever, that version of hot honey in the version of Louisiana rup is going down.
Speaker 4: And I don't want.
Speaker 3: Your manzi your football season. I killed I crushed him, Matt.
Speaker 5: Mary, Matt, did you rob G?
Speaker 4: You for finding that you think we split? Rob G? I want to already work.
Speaker 3: I told him today today, I said, take your kids to the park and get off of Twitter.
Speaker 2: This dude, I'm like, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 8: I can't get over by the way, I can't get over.
Speaker 4: He had to.
Speaker 5: He had to call agree. His hat turned to the backcock to the side a little bit. All of a sudden, I'm like, where did you get a couple of chains? He was two chains?
Speaker 4: It off. Just it's coming back.
Speaker 5: He might start spitting some bars and he might come in here, Mary, listen, he might come.
Speaker 4: About. You don't know about.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 5: One day I was playing some like dance hall and he started singing the lyrics and start singing with me.
Speaker 4: You know that? Look at that? Okay?
Speaker 3: And when I walked in the other day, he said, what up, blood, you been in l A too long.
Speaker 5: Just make sure you don't go to the wrong side of town, saying that he never said that were at USC and my students. I was like, well, you know us see in the hood. You've been in two corners in USC. Yes, some yeah, you threw mayor you know what it is, hey, but it's.
Speaker 2: An awesome campus. Am all right?
Speaker 4: Ian it is us. That endowment is crazy because every time y'all had a new building. I know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why you love Kaitleb Williams. You can't wait to get in. He's gonna come to our class.
Speaker 3: He's gonna say all that brand new football facility for the building.
Speaker 4: That's gotta be nothing but me.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do this the Texans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and C. J.
Speaker 2: Stroud we talked about you got his numbers there because it was an.
Speaker 3: Awful performance and we talked about it my computer might blow up. Looking in the two games, he had ten turnovers in basically six quarters, right, ten turnovers, uh.
Speaker 2: Five fumbles, five interceptions.
Speaker 3: He had four interceptions in the first half of this game against the Patriots.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ooh the completion percentage, what do you think it was?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 4: Guess forty two point six.
Speaker 3: Okay, his quarterback rating twenty four, you're pretty good at twenty eight, what was it.
Speaker 5: I'm just guessing twenty eight. That's somebody's age twenty eight. Okay, mother, They're like, he already, I'm twenty eight. That's not your quarterback rate is supposed to be somebody who ain't with us no more, you know, ninety eight, one hundred and two, not twenty eight.
Speaker 3: And and we said this on this show, and do we have this ian? We have this sound. Let's go back when we were talking about c J. Boyce or Mills forgot his liame I missed them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, David Davis Mills, but Davis Mills Law firm, and whether or not what they should do when CJ came back from injury.
Speaker 3: I'm going to stick with Davis Mills and not automatically run back to CJ. Stroud if I'm the Texans, and I'm not saying that CJ. Stroud lost his job because injury or anything. Sometimes you have something going to hothand I think that you could take a look at that. Uh, And obviously the defense is playing really well. But what if we talked about the last year and a half their offense with CJ. Stroud, right like, like remember after his rookie year, go back and look, everybody.
Speaker 2: Picked him to go to the super Bowl and reacting was it.
Speaker 4: Was you weren't You're not? That was a sexy pick.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, CJ.
Speaker 3: Stroud and the Texas oh my, oh yeah, he's just a rookie looking away. How are you gonna stop that kid? Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. And it's been raggedy since then, since year one. And here's the other thing we talked about it going into the playoffs. The weak link was CJ. And I know people that he appears to be a great guy. I don't know him, never met him, but you could see all the love people give him.
Speaker 4: TJ.
Speaker 3: Houschman Zadas that I know CJ. You know, I'm cool with him and know what kind of guy he is.
Speaker 4: What you trying?
Speaker 3: But even CJ said, still gotta win, like that's nice being a nice guy and a god fearing man and all the exactly and you can't be that. When you have a super Bowl type defense where you could win a Super Bowl. You could be Brad Johnson, you could be Trent Tilford. That's what they needed CJ to do. And CJ, if you remember, after that first year, he went around on every show he could go bragging about he was the top five quarterback after one year in the National Football he has not been close to that. Troy Aink been called him out on television that he's he's regressed, he's not gotten better, and to throw the ball up for grabs.
Speaker 2: And I got a question in wonder, Tamiko Ryans I would have pulled the plug in the second half. I would have.
Speaker 5: So I asked you that, Remember we were sitting here the first game and like, do you go to Mills now.
Speaker 4: Because against the Steelers when he was turning the ball.
Speaker 5: You felt like you should be up fourteen the way that defense was playing, and you're barely you weren't even up or whatever it was at that time.
Speaker 4: I asked you that. I was like, do you go to Males now?
Speaker 3: But let but but that game with the season on the lot, four turnal, four interceptions in the first half, that that that that can't happen. That's as bad as it gets. And Demiko Rons he's a got We get all that. Some days you just don't have it. What about the rest of the team, they made a mistake.
Speaker 5: They were still in that game until that last second touchdown catch by.
Speaker 3: Booty which was which was not booty? That was some catch quick on that one that was that was some catch. That was incredible, one hand grab.
Speaker 5: By the way, to your question or to your point about uh Davis Mills, he was playing well, so was the best going in the four games he played meaningful you know minutes obviously started I think three of them and came in in the first one against the Broncos. You're looking at a couple of games of two hundred and ninety two yards. One time he missed the Miami missed it. Yeah, wow, two touchdowns, only won a interception. Next game two hundred and seventy four yards or the Titans one touchdown, no interceptions, against the Bills one hundred and fifty three yards, two touchdowns, no interceptions. So he had five touchdowns, one interception and that in that stretch you know where where he was playing in those three games and they were three and zero. So you know he had a case to saying, hey, don't forget about me. And I really believe. We talked to TJ who Schman's out earlier that if you're the Texans, you have to look at other things. You have to make a call to mac Jones's agent, you have to make a call to some other you know, whoever else you may feels out there.
Speaker 4: You have to draft this year.
Speaker 5: And I wouldn't be extended to no, you have to because here's the thing, Rob I meant I said this earlier. Turnovers you can have them in a game. He looked rattled. Two weeks in a row, he looked confused, two weeks in a row, he looked like And you never want to hear this. As a starting quarterback three years this year three he didn't belong. That's troubling. You can have a game where eighty the defense just made some credible plays all the defensive line and got his hand on the tip. These were terrible throws, bad decisions, and subconsciously, in the back of your brain, you're supposed to.
Speaker 4: Say, I ain't even gotta do that much pass. Ain't there?
Speaker 5: Nope, because that defense kept you in it. And turned Drake mayover, made him fumble a couple two three times.
Speaker 4: Man that defense.
Speaker 5: I saw videos hilarious say it was some video where they so the team bunks into a locker room, just jumped the guy and they said they were like, this is the Texans defense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're just walking down.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, dude, we kept you in it despite the turnover, in spite of them all.
Speaker 3: Right, eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, we got two questions. Should Demiko Ryans had benched CJ. Stroud and go for it?
Speaker 6: For fuck?
Speaker 5: They punted with four minutes and twelve seconds left down for twelve twelve.
Speaker 3: You need two scores, right, you still need two scores? That didn't make sense? And what do you do with CJ. Stroud? Is this just a bump of the road or is he Is it time for them to look elsewhere because they have a defense who don't want to waste So.
Speaker 2: Either one for you.
Speaker 3: Eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, It is the odd couple Rob Parker Calvin Washington on an MLK Day and a.
Speaker 4: What was that?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry? An agrec Day and a Magic City Monday.
Speaker 4: I thought that was kind of scared all right. It is the odd couple.
Speaker 2: Stick and stay America.
Speaker 9: Hey is Covino and Rich from Fox Sports Radio. Now, In addition to hearing us live weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern to the fourth Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, we're excited to announce a brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 4: Yep, that's right.
Speaker 9: You can now watch Covino and Rich live on YouTube every day. All you gotta do search Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube again. Go to YouTube search Covino and Rich FSR. Take us out on YouTube, Subscribe, hit that s thumbs up icon.
Speaker 2: Coming away, Fox.
Speaker 5: Sports Radio, our couple, Rod Parker Kelvin Washington on a Martin Luther King Day, Magic City Monday, and we got the National Championship COLLS Football playoffs happening right now. I think it's ten to nothing halftime. Indiana up, snoop. Yeah, he's been a he hasna helping Indiana's gonna win. What like, let's see they got ten right now, it'll be twenty four. Twenty four to ten is what the final score. I'm gonna say they lose twenty one thirteen. Look at you, by the way, Marcus Freeman, he's got that thing where like people is gonna he's gonna people are gonna want to hire him.
Speaker 4: People just keep TV.
Speaker 5: He's just got the whole He's got the whole package that people are gonna be like, I like that guy.
Speaker 4: You can just tell you that to look, he's at the.
Speaker 3: What you don't know is that Indiana is going to replace his quarterback with CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud in the second half. So I got I'm just saying.
Speaker 5: Well, if their defense looks like the Texas, they'll still be in it. And they got a ten point cushion, that might be enough.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: Hit us up by the way YouTube if you win a chance, go check us out. We're live there on YouTube right now. All you gotta do is search on a couple FSR like it, share it, comment all that good stuff. And if you see a few comments you want to read before u before we get to Monci in a little bit, you can do that as well. All right, c J Stroud? What are you time to move on? Should he have been benched?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: Should he not started after last week? Or should he have been benched halftime? What do you make of it? Eight seven, seven ninety one on Fox. So we got all right Jr. In Indianapolis. You're on the yond couple of Fox Sports Radio. What's up, Jr?
Speaker 10: I'll you gonna stop heading on the Hoosiers.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, look at you.
Speaker 11: You got to bro. The only is the story.
Speaker 2: Man, tell them they're they're thirty years old. The average age.
Speaker 4: On that and everybody else is twenty nine.
Speaker 12: Go ahead, hey, so hey, So if we didn't give up on uh, what's well boy down in Jacksonville. We can't give it. We can't give up.
Speaker 3: There's a big difference. There's a big difference, and I'm gonna tell you what the difference is. Seriously, the difference is you have a Super Bowl defense with a chance to win that you can't hold together forever. So if you wait on him, if you wait on him and he doesn't deliver, you kick yourself.
Speaker 2: That's the only derid you know what.
Speaker 11: I had to agree with you, though, even though in the moment when you said it, because sometimes.
Speaker 12: Your friend you tried to be to heal.
Speaker 10: They should have kept on one with Davis.
Speaker 12: They should have That's what I said.
Speaker 2: Okay, You've been right this year.
Speaker 12: Of years, this year.
Speaker 2: All right, I take it. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 12: Yes, sir.
Speaker 4: Jordan in DC. Jordan Jordan, you're on the couple of Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 12: Oh hey Kelvin.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, yes, can you go check and make sure that the monument is still down there?
Speaker 4: I just want to make sure to make sure.
Speaker 12: The last time I checked it was.
Speaker 10: But but with certain people walking around there to have another year, just.
Speaker 4: Check one more time before you go to sleep.
Speaker 2: Exactly, we'll do it.
Speaker 10: We'll do it. But no, I don't think how Trump was that CJ. Stroud should have been bitched because I think with quarterbacks today, like if you bench him, you might never get him back, and like how the last call to say, you know, you know, Lawrence has gotten opportunities to turn around. I think CJ can. But his his rookie year being his standalone outstanding season, it kind of reminded me of your good friend RG three, Rob.
Speaker 4: I'm like, is this gonna be?
Speaker 7: No, this is who he is, and.
Speaker 10: That rookie year was a fluke because because I've never seen a player before where the rebuild almost started with him, like the highlights, the reason why, you know, the reason why the Texans are where they are and a lot of ways was looked.
Speaker 12: At because of CJ.
Speaker 10: Strout And now the reason why they can't take that next step is because he she stinks now more or less.
Speaker 12: You know, it's such an interesting dynamic.
Speaker 5: He made me think about this, Jordan, thank you for the call. You had the best version of de Shaun Watson right MVP level. He didn't win, but you know, candidate, it was just incredible and you're like, man, this guy. They weren't quite winning, but he was making things happen. Then he moves on, so you probably we're gonna suck for a long time. Then you get to see that strong you're probably like, man, this wasn't a long you know, rebuild that we're right back at it. And now you're looking at her like it is either quarterback of the future. So you've had two quarterbacks who had some really good seasons, but you still walk away.
Speaker 4: Like, I think he's are not.
Speaker 3: I don't think again, if you don't have that defense and you're not feeling like you get the super Bowl and then then you could wait on them that that's what you're.
Speaker 5: Going away because it gets expensive, right And now somebody's up.
Speaker 4: You owe me money. You gotta pay him.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, we can't hold everybody, can't keep everybody together.
Speaker 2: Dion in Texas, you're in the couple of fox sporituded.
Speaker 4: What's up? Dion?
Speaker 11: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 11: Happy great in La. I watched it on TV here in Texas. It was pretty good, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they always represent down there.
Speaker 11: Representation absolutely in the words of Kate of that boy looks shook it. So I said, they're gonna bench him in the sec and half. I was surprise where they came back out there with him to his credit. Guess what, guys. He led them down the field, but they couldn't punch it in the end zone. Then they got to turn over. He let them back down there again they couldn't punch it in, but they got two field goals. One thing I will say, when we were talking about it, I actually chimed in on that call on the on the show that day, Davis Mills, they put in CJ, and CJ did not lose a game the rest of the season in the regular seas, so that that is pretty impressed.
Speaker 12: So he didn't lose a game.
Speaker 3: But but ten ten turnovers, I mean, Dion ten turnovers in six quarters.
Speaker 4: That's most people's full season.
Speaker 11: But that's just the last two games.
Speaker 4: No, that's but these are the winner lose.
Speaker 11: What you're saying. But you didn't have a reason to put in meals since he did go he won the last what seven? No?
Speaker 3: No, no, you did have a reason because Kelvin thought he should have gone in.
Speaker 4: The reason why.
Speaker 5: And I'm not a guy who's gonna overreacb, but the reason why, that's what the call with that team, Deon, Just.
Speaker 4: Don't hurt us. You don't even have to throw touchdowns.
Speaker 5: Just don't hurt We can run one in our defense will get picked sixes and fumbles.
Speaker 2: Yet they got two touchdowns against Aaron Ross in that game. They got to.
Speaker 5: Be the reason. And you said, my word, I don't like you looking shook it. You can make mistakes. You look scared to be there. I can't have that. Andrew look used to have turnovers and coming to the coming to the sideline, Tom Brady, you have a look like, oh no, we're still good. We got him, were still good. C J looked shook it like he wasn't prepared for that. I wouldn't like that as a teammate. Shoot squeeze in Drew from New Jersey. You're on the odd couple of Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: What's up Drew? You got you?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So I think that this gives me like the Jets early mid vibes with Mark Sandos, kind of like do you think about it? I remember like the little Super Bowl shirts.
Speaker 4: Well, don't they.
Speaker 3: Went to the AMC Championship game two years ago.
Speaker 6: It reminds exactly like that. However, what I will say is, yes, that's great. They have a great defense. However, I think that this would have been the only year that they would have had a chance to win a Super Bowl. I think that the one mistake you had was and this is just my personal belief, if you have a young quarterback, you need to create stability on coaching.
Speaker 12: To develop him.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, and Demigo Ryan is a great head coach, and I think he would have been better in Cincinnati with a quarterback that doesn't need developing. But when you don't have that consistency, there's no development with him, and that's you have a second round take and developed with him. And I think that the risk you have is he can go somewhere else and develop, just like Sam Darnold. And then you're looking at like, what do we do? I think that head coach being an offensive mind to guide matters. Look Jacksonville and look look at Tampa.
Speaker 11: Tampa.
Speaker 6: Last year they were putting up forty one touchdowns. This year they can't score a touchdown.
Speaker 4: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you that. Yeah, we gotta we gotta get to Tyler.
Speaker 4: I just did.
Speaker 5: I CJ was fine those last five six games. Nobody thought he would regress like that, even you questioned him, which was absolutely was. He's the weakest. Nobody knew this was coming. So that's why I think it was perfectly fine. Because Joe Flacco won a super Bowl just being nice.
Speaker 4: He was. He's all he was. He wasn't great. She's being solid making good plays. Don't hurt him.
Speaker 5: That defense can take care Brad Johns eleven numbers. And that's why Dimiko Ryans had to be looking like I didn't think you're gonna shoot us in the foot with a double barrel shotgun. All right, I digress all the way. Tyler Dragon, NFL reporter for USA. Today, we'll talk some of the NFL headlines with him. But we just witnessed Manzi is gonna get you updated right now on a National championship game that I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 4: Rob's gotta ride. It's kind of boring.
Speaker 8: I think this is what I was expecting. I was expecting a high defense game from both sides for Nano. Mendoza still try to do what he can't even with the bloody lip. He had a nice hit straight to the face. He is twelve of seventeen for one hundred and sixteen yards. Carson Beck is six of ten for forty nine yards, and the Hoosiers are up on the Canes ten zero at the half. But there's plenty of game left and it has been a lot of defense in this one. In the NFL, the dolphinsive found their new head coach, the hiring Packers defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley, and it's a five year deal. The Bills fired head coach Sean McDermott after nine seasons with the team. They also promoted GM Brandon Bean to be the team's president of football operations. The Chiefs are likely to bring Bears running back coach Eric b Enemy as their offensive coordinator. He's going to replace Matt Naggi, who interviewed for the TIMEES head coaching job today. Naggy is not likely to return to Kansas City as his contract has expired with the team. The Broncos opened up the twenty one day practice window for running back JK. Dobbins. Seahawks running back Zach Sharboney is going to miss the rest of the season, possibly the start of next season, because of a torn acl in his knee. In the NBA, at halftime, the Pistons lead the Celtics fifty nine to fifty one, despite Kate Cunningham only being one of seven from the field early in the fourth quarter. The Suns are up on the nets one twelve to ninety five, while the seventy six ers defeated the Pacers one thirteen to one oh four. Tyres Maxley led the way with twenty nine points, eight rebounds, and eight assists, and Lebron James Streak would be named an All Star started came to an end today after twenty one seasons. Lakers guard Luca Doncic was the leading vote getter in the West. Well Bucks forward JN Sante Tokompo led all players in voting.
Speaker 2: In the East.
Speaker 4: Back to you, guys, you.
Speaker 5: Think Lebron's Matt No, he's big mad jeez, if he thought he was going to be an All Star.
Speaker 4: Yes, still have you followed him the last fifty.
Speaker 8: There's no way he can't be that that naive.
Speaker 4: Yes, he don't.
Speaker 2: There's no way. Guys.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm going to say, Like, I don't think he's I don't think he's mad because I think he thinks he's gonna be put in right, Like, no, he'll be.
Speaker 4: In it somehow.
Speaker 2: I don't want you, I hear you.
Speaker 4: I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I think Lebron, if you would have asked him in September, would have like, you're crazy.
Speaker 4: You think I'm not getting.
Speaker 2: Like again, not vote for Michael Jordan to right, I.
Speaker 8: Take it back, especially because Steph Curry is a starter, So you're right to take it back.
Speaker 2: And yeah, a lot of stuff they still like stuff. Yeah, you're right, you're right, I was wrong, You're right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, right, all right, thank you?
Speaker 2: Well, Mancy. And another guy who was wrong is Tyler.
Speaker 4: Will get to that in a second. Mancy. You might not tell you this one ain't for you. This is for Tyler.
Speaker 5: Have you ever wipe with a piece of dry toilet paper and wonder is this a good?
Speaker 4: As good as it gets?
Speaker 5: It's not Swiss to life changing wet extra large flushable Dude Wipes because wetter just cleans better. Available at Amazon and at major retailers nationwide. Dude Wipes best clean pants. I got, I got a song.
Speaker 4: Oh dude, he's like a late in.
Speaker 5: Just Tyler Dragon is our guests now, NFL Reporter USA Today, Tyler Police, save us.
Speaker 13: Please, I'm not here to talk about the white Stop paying my boy. Lebron just fine.
Speaker 4: He's not He's not a starter. He's sick.
Speaker 5: You don't think, okay, Lebron and Lebron you know how I feel about maybe you don't know. I'm one of his biggest fans, but come on, you know he's sick.
Speaker 4: He's sick.
Speaker 5: That nobody and he didn't get voted in you know, he's voted in stuff.
Speaker 13: No, Lebron is fine, He's still the second best player. Everything like that.
Speaker 3: All right, let's stop, let's go to your expertise because obviously not basketball, all right, uh CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud.
Speaker 3: We said that was the weak link on the Texans and he delivered our big guys ten turnovers in six quarters.
Speaker 4: What do you make of what happened with CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud?
Speaker 13: He's regrets since he was a rookie quarterback. His career numbers, all his career highs are from his rookie season, and that is a problem. He has not improved, he hasn't developed as a quarterback. And the most alarming thing is he's become turnover prone. He just looks uncomfortable in the pocket. He looks like if the game is moving too fast form and then when there's pressure on him, he panicked. He panicked against the New England Patriots, and that's why they even panned against the Steelers. But the defense won them that game. And it's a shame because the Texans had a super Bowl caliber defense.
Speaker 2: We agree with that.
Speaker 4: We agree that's.
Speaker 13: Why so many people, including myself, picked the Texans to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl because that defense was as good as I've seen in recent memory.
Speaker 3: And here's the scary part going forward, Tyler, if you're detection, you got to be ripped.
Speaker 2: How long do we have?
Speaker 3: Was this all open only chance getting to the Super Bowl with this defense? And can we waste another year without having a quarterback we can count on, or at least a quarterback not to hurt us.
Speaker 13: Well, what Demik o' ryan and everybody in that ability needs to figure out is what has been going on with Strout because we know the potentials there, we know the skills are there. We've seen him before. We saw it his rookie season when he won Offensive Rookie of the Year. The big question that nobody has the answer to right now at least is why he's regressed so much from his rookie season. Is he working on his crafts in all season, is he's studying film after practice? Is he putting in the work, because right now it just looks like he's a quarterback that's in over his head and then he panics when there's pressure on him and he just throws ill evises passes that tick six, which just inexcuse, well, that was the worst turnover I've seen in the postseason. And that's a shame coming from CJ. Strout because the Texans had minium until that pick six. They were up and then you just put your defense in a buying So it's unfortunate if you're the Texans because they wasted a season where they had a defense that could have won them a championship if CJ. Stroud just performed like a trend Dilfer or Joe Flack.
Speaker 4: That's all years ago.
Speaker 5: Hey, let me go here with you the play of the last decade.
Speaker 4: Maybe playoffs.
Speaker 5: Maybe I'm missing something, but Kayler Williams that throw to push it eventually player in sport. Now, I see he took it too far. Tither here dealing with but that play was incredible, incredible. Talk to me about just your assessment of him as the whole season and just what do you make the highs and lows? Were you big on him, maybe a little overrated, maybe properly rated? Where do you place just a player season? And Kayler Williams more specifically.
Speaker 13: Well, first of all, you're right, that was the most impressive and most improbable fourth down conversion.
Speaker 12: I have ever seen in football.
Speaker 13: I mean, he ran all the way back to the forty yard line and then through a pass that got completed. And if I'm the Rams, I'm wondering, Okay, why weren't we had more defenders right there in that area? But Caleb Williams, mean Patrick Mahomes tweeted after that play, and I felt it was kind of apropos because he reminds me a little bit of Patrick Mahomes. Now he's not as good, he's not as polished, but he can make those off script, all schedules type throws like a Mahomes and throw from different platforms. And the Bears have themselves the franchise quarterback that need to work on and develop that defense. They can't really rush the passer. They got to get better secondary pieces in there. But if I'm the Bears and I'm a Bears fan, I'm extremely excited for the future because nobody expected the Bears to be in the NFC Divisional round, maybe the playoffs of one and does. So they're ahead of schedules and they have a bright future, especially with Caleb Williams, and he's going to be the bears first four thousand yard pass there sooner rather than later.
Speaker 3: All right, let's talk about Sean McDermott. Uh not surprised to me. Once they didn't win and everybody looked at it thought they had an easy path to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: No Lamar, we talked about it.
Speaker 3: Uh. No Joe Burrow and no Patrick Mahomes and instead they're out again. And I get it, Josh Allen played terrible with the with the turnovers, but there's some coaching stuff in there. To the end of the first half. What did you make of McDermott getting acts after nine seasons.
Speaker 13: I didn't like the move. So what you're telling me is a super Bowl or bus for Buffalo. Yes, yes, Josh John m Sean McDermott didn't have five turnovers. Sean McDermott didn't tell Josh Allen to run around and then carry the ball loosely and then fumble the ball. I mean, Josh Allen, he missed a touchdown throw in overtime, the controversial call that should have been that was called correctly, that was the interception, but he underthrew Cooks. I mean, if he would have led him, we wouldn't even been having this discussion.
Speaker 2: Okay, but but I get I get this.
Speaker 3: But here's my pushback to you, jos nowhere And that's okay, well we know that. But also if you're gonna say because people who go well, the coach didn't turn the ball the coach, when when it's when the players play well, coaches get contract extensions. They get credit for having their team ready to play, for being not turning the ball over, not being sloppy, all this kind of stuff. But yet they didn't throw the ball, then they didn't catch a touchdown. Then they get credit for when things are good. Why shouldn't the coach get get demerit or get criticized when their team is bad or sloppy, it doesn't play the right way.
Speaker 2: It's it's gotta be both ways. Tyler can't be one way.
Speaker 12: So I hear you.
Speaker 13: But if you're gonna make a Sean McDermott escape thoat, you need to fire general manager Brandon Why. I said that earlier he built the roster and Josh Allen did not have a number one, probably even number two wide receiver. I mean where are his weapons? And then on defense, yeah, I mean you've got Joey Botha and then free agency, what did he do? What did he do this season? I mean, Brandon Bean. If you're going to fire Sean McDermott, Brandon Bean needs to be shown the door too. I don't think it's right to make Sean McDermott escape go. If you're gonna fire somebody, you need to clean house with head coach and general manager to make Sean McDermott escape quill I don't think is right, especially if it wasn't on the field committee mos turnovers and overthrowing and underthrowing pass catchers like Josh Allen.
Speaker 3: It's so funny. And you're the big Lebron guy. You think Lebron's to go, but he always to go.
Speaker 13: He said, he's the second best of all time.
Speaker 2: He always makes everybody to escape going whenever he loses.
Speaker 13: Lebron that that's not true at all. Right, And for the record, Bron say.
Speaker 5: I'm bad about Lebron. Ryer I you talking about it, you know I'll go out and be critical. Tyler, we have met he is.
Speaker 4: He is. Definitely it goes Rich Paul than Tyler Lebron. Yes, that is true, Tyler Man. We appreciate you have a good one, no doubt.
Speaker 5: All Right, we got Last Call eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. You want to hop in. We've talked about a bunch, man, It's been a whole bunch of good football stuff. Plus we'll keep you updated on this college football National playoffs squeeze.
Speaker 2: In another last call if you do, Coach, what the time looks like?
Speaker 5: All right, it is your chance to hit us up one more time. Eight seven, seven ninety nine. On Fox, It's the Odd Couple Robin Kelvin on a Magic City Martin Luther King, Monday, Fox Sports Radio, Manti. No, I mean, I know it's catchy, but no, oh my gosh, so what I refuse to head out fighting for my life alives?
Speaker 4: I'm fighting?
Speaker 5: It is the Odd Couple Robin Kelvin on a Magic City Monday.
Speaker 4: All right, Mary, you can't be careful.
Speaker 2: With that song. You don't know who might be pulling panties off.
Speaker 5: Well, you know with the birth rate. We know somebody pulled them down a birthrate keep going going on. We don't know what's under the panties. It could be a nice pair of trousers, that's right, or another pair of petty right, just just you know, doubling up on them. Manzi stops the Odd Couple, Robin?
Speaker 3: Should they be ripped or cut? I'm just asking, Rob Caution, thank you.
Speaker 4: You you met it a whole day with only one Rob Caution, what thank you for honoring doctor King in that way? That's you.
Speaker 5: Only one caution on his day. Well too, because you did tell me that he was gonna be a magic don't.
Speaker 3: Forget just when you're here in place of rob G a big job, keep him.
Speaker 5: Employed, Okay, remember that? Yeah, robb G be fighting for his life though. All right, all right, By the way, have you ever segment? Have you ever Manzi and Mary? This ain't for you? Well you boyfriends and stuff? Have you ever wiped with a piece of dry toilet paper and wondered? Is this as good as it gets?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: It is not.
Speaker 5: Switch to life changing wet extra large flexible Dude Wipes because wetter just cleans better. Available at Amazon in a major retailers nationwide. Dude Wipes best cleaned pants down. All right, Yeah, it's not time for last call? Good last call?
Speaker 2: Who we got shone in sacramental?
Speaker 4: That was so apropos. That wasn't the one, but it worked because he has twenty kids. That's he does. Sean, you already same life?
Speaker 12: Are kelvy real quick man? A couple of notes from the first three hours.
Speaker 7: First of all, the commercialists man with the dude wife's commercial We.
Speaker 4: Get going on the same show, oh my.
Speaker 7: Second of all, watching Monsie dance to a no pennies on salt, Come on, man, YouTube numbers going through the rooms. The show is just what we got going on. Mom, finally us for and know this weekend? How how diabolical is this man? I don't know what you did with the double this year, U, but your picks in the NFL are outstanding. But I gotta call you out. Tayler Williams is the most exciting player in the NFL, just like Tim Tebow was three picks in the l and you celebrating this man like he's a second coming to Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: Randy Parker nuts Glade is going on right now.
Speaker 7: Big Glade action and one controversial take. Happy Mlkday, but the second best active best of all time, and my opinion, Malcolm X is.
Speaker 12: The go y'all fellas have a good night. Brother.
Speaker 5: First of all, I'm never gonnat mad. If you say Malcolm X said that, I ain't never gonna get mad. My favorite movie, Malcolm X's favorite book, Autobiography of Malcolm X. So I'm right that one with you by any means necessary.
Speaker 3: Me and you, me and You're on the same page, George as Malcolm X. Minds is the Wizard of Oz. We are the odd couple. I'm just gonna let you.
Speaker 4: Know that, what a contraence.
Speaker 5: He will be so mad at you right now, my brother Rob, he will be sitting there by been bamboozle. You've been bambils a run them up. Let us let us stray with land on, Wizard of Oz. Wizard of Oz landing on us. Thank you, But pay attention to that man. No attention to that man.
Speaker 2: No attention to that man behind the curtain.
Speaker 5: Listen, when the when the little monkey things go flying, that that's top tier scary for me.
Speaker 2: But kids got scared of that big age.
Speaker 4: I'm talking.
Speaker 5: I'm scared now those little monkey however old I am boy, I forget the age.
Speaker 4: After a certain point, you just forget it.
Speaker 3: We might have a we might have a new song tomorrow, new Caleb song tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I'm working on something.
Speaker 5: So I'm just want to let you know that, even though they was exciting in all those sports, I don't like to be a prisoner in the moment.
Speaker 4: Lock you up. You're such a prisoner