Speaker 1: What up, y'all? This is your main man, Memphis Bleak right here. Welcome to Rock Solid, a production of iHeartRadio and The Black Effect Network in partnership with my guys over Ad Drink Champs.
Speaker 2: Yeah she your boy, Memphis Bleak right here.
Speaker 1: And before we get into this episode, I would like to take a second to bring awareness to organ donation. April is National Donate Life Money. It's a reminder that there are thousands of people right now waiting on a life saving organ transplant. It's not something we talk about enough, but one decision can literally save a life. Becoming an organ donor doesn't cost you anything, but it can mean everything to someone else. So take a minute, learn more, and if you care, sign up to be a donor. Now let's get into this episode. You should nobody know, you should know good know. Yeah, y'all, you already know what it is. Yours truly back with another exclusive episode of Rock Solid, and this time I got somebody special with me. Man one of the funniest comedians you've seen on TV. Been in many, many shows from MSG, NBC, Carson Daily Man.
Speaker 2: This man has been.
Speaker 1: All over TV, Man The Wilding Out. I let him tell you for itself. We got rip Michaels in the building, man, and it's a pleasure to have.
Speaker 3: Thank you first of all, huge fan man, thank you you chopping up a lot doing Man Studios, fire your whole staff.
Speaker 1: Treat appreciate it.
Speaker 2: If you don't, you haven't been on it. You need to come on it.
Speaker 1: Because the Dope Platform, Dope podcast, they gotta be solid.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 1: It's saying it's everybody can't sit on this couch because a lot of these guys they're not solid. They veil off the track of being solid. So everybody is we welcome everybody, but.
Speaker 2: Not every Oh it's exclusive, Yes, it's not for I got you.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, definitely being from the ship man, you from one of my favorite cities, the Chicago Man, the land of No BBL is all natural. Yes, that is definitely true. I ain't learned that until I went. It was what the fuck they got in the water out here? It was like, goddamn, I might have to move to the shot. But yeah, man, being from the shot coming up as a comedian yet ever, like, what was that like for you in the beginning?
Speaker 3: So the beginning for me was weird because I started comedy when I was about twelve thirteen years old. So like a lot of comedians you've seen now, like the d Rays and the Corey Hocoms and and that Bill Bellamans and Damon Williams, like I was the kid that they wouldn't even let in the club, in the Cotton Club, they I would have to stand outside, and then when it was my turn to go on stage, they made me go back outside. And yeah, and it's a weird thing to get into it because my dad's it was my aunty.
Speaker 2: I called an aunty jockey.
Speaker 3: So that was my aunty, my aunty jockey, the one it took me around and showed me what was going on in Chicago fort me sing. But I found out later on that wasn't my aunty yo my dad. That was my dad's girlfriends, what we call it aunty jobs.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. I didn't know that till my one dad came home.
Speaker 1: My mom was like, that, ain't your goddamnunty, this is your daddy girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Go outside. Your uncle Charles's gonna take you to the zoo.
Speaker 1: So that stop right then and there, Yeah, is real with your fake relative.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. I didn't I had no idea back in the day. That was creeping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just had a fake uncle, fake aunty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yo, this is.
Speaker 1: My is my cousin from your your your dad's side, Like what yeah?
Speaker 2: That was that was that generation and I didn't know any better than that.
Speaker 3: But hey, my parents been together with forty three years and they was cheating on each other for forty years. But they still together, so don't judge that. So they don't judge my parents. They still together. That's right to this day. My parents been together so long. They got the same voice. Yoh, yeah, that's when you know.
Speaker 1: That's when you know you've been together.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, mama, na is your daddy? Hey daddy, y'all is your mom? They got the same And I love my parents big shutout to them.
Speaker 1: So like, you know, Chicago, I feel like the three roughest cities to perform. Man, what a field of performing you're in that's the toughest is New York, Philadelphia, Chicago?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like the shot don't play, just like New York and Philly, don't play what was performing there and getting the reaction from the crowd in your hometown.
Speaker 2: First, teach you about being the comedian.
Speaker 3: They taught me a lot man because you know, like I was, I was a kid at the time. So watching Dion Cole and watching him, like I remember watching running about Deon Cole the very first time I did shot. I think it was in Gary, Indiana with him and I was like, yeah, it was when def Jam came out. So def Jam for me was like the NBA for like people who want to play basketball.
Speaker 2: Russ. Russ put a lot.
Speaker 3: Of watching that and then seeing Dion cold me like a couple of weeks later and was like, Yo, man, you a celebrity.
Speaker 2: Man, God damn celebrity. I came on an L train. What are you talking about? I got seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: It was different and and introducting into the into the scene. But comedy has always been like Chicago. That was back in the era where you could boo people like now no one really.
Speaker 1: Gets booed a heck o. That was in the era you go boopy, Yeah that was an eff because now it's edited out. I believe a lot of these things is controlled. It's not live performances. Yeah, But back in the day, like you know, I cut my teeth in Chicago, but you know, big shot of New York.
Speaker 2: You know I came from.
Speaker 3: That's when I got my real I would say, really taking it seriously. After I graduated college, I came to New York and like I came to New York, I was homeless on the streets and I was like, if it's if it's comedy thing, it's gonna mean anything. Because Dave Chapelle told me that. Dave Seapelle was like, if you ever want to find out if you really got what it takes, you'll go to New York.
Speaker 1: And that was when he had the movie Blue Streak out, and I was like, all right, I never been here. Got off the Greyhound bus.
Speaker 3: My daddy's girlfriend had died then, so I couldn't call her.
Speaker 1: Artie passed away the rest of peace. It's a different thing when the side chick died so different and listen to stories. So it was like, I'll make up an here this ship my dad. WHILEY watched, he was like, yeah, you know, so damn that's great.
Speaker 3: But my mama boyfriend did too, so he gone. So now you know, now it's really really committed. So now it's all about them. But I came to New York and I got off the Great Home Bus. I ain't no shit about it at all. I ain't know nothing about New York. So I got off the Great Houmebus and I was like, I'm gonna do comedy here. And I started walking around and people's giving out flyer in Times Square, and that's kind of why I got cut my teeth in. But I would say New York gives you that that era of you know, because I used to do comedy anyway.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about squads. I'm talking about the Adam.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about you name it, Bushit, I'm talking about Queens. I'm talking about forty projects.
Speaker 1: I'm on Baisley.
Speaker 3: I went anywhere that would actually Yeah, I did Mahattan proper, I did all of those things. I got a chance to do Peppermint a couple times in New Jersey and it was just the era where they didn't like you, they would move the hell out of you. And I used to do this Jamaican spot I did. It's called Footprints and Clarity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we know footprints. You're from Brooklyn, you know footprints. They would throw shit at people. They would throw pepper pot and sword fish and ickya all. They didn't give a damn. That was that era when you.
Speaker 1: Know the crowd is tough. Yes, yes, that's the one of the toughest crowds too. They don't play that ship.
Speaker 3: But I didn't know that because you know, in New York, I mean in Chicago and growing up in the Midwest, you don't know that it's different. You just look at black people like they black people like what brought Like, Yo, you mean browed up?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: Your brother? I know, brother, are you that's ship?
Speaker 1: Where you're from?
Speaker 2: Jamaina Like, no, I'm Haitian, I'm I'm this.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm Beijing, I'm Guyanese, I'm Guyanese. And if you get it wrong, it's just like that with the Latin community. They take that shit real serious. They do, even the Asians, and we fuck them all up. We don't know our word up as black people. Still, I still look at certain Jamaine like, Yo, you're from hate nigga, Man, I'm from fucking Ghya, Like you're from Africa, Nigga? Like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Like word like, I still fuck it up? So I feel you on that. How was it working with Carson Daly?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: I know that had to be an experience in itself.
Speaker 3: So when I got into the comedy thing, I started saying to myself, like, you know what, I gotta get credits because I started noticing.
Speaker 2: That that they wouldn't put you up unless you had credits.
Speaker 3: Like I was doing all these open mics, and I couldn't take my career to the next level. So I start already doing warm up for a big shout out to see the millions. I was like the first person to ever be like, look, you know what I'm saying, I'm gonna look out for you. And I used to do because I did a show called Becoming It's wanna beas I remember.
Speaker 2: I remember that back in the day.
Speaker 3: I was like, if you if you could, it was like a contest and you got to be whatever rapper you want and they make you a video or whatever whatever. And I did that and believe it or not, I was Jah Rule on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was what would that be without you?
Speaker 1: I did such a good job order that fifty cent hey to be back here. I'm joking, let me stop, because fifty cent is pag yo yo. He just was on my yo.
Speaker 3: He petted like I actually did show a fifty cent. He had a comedy show called fifty Central on BT and I fell off the stage because like a faulty.
Speaker 1: Thing like a beam.
Speaker 3: And I could tell that wasn't gonna get paid because the fifty cent came over and he looked at the beam and looked at me, and I was like this, and I was like, okay, you know what, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Gonna take a gu and the T shirt.
Speaker 2: Yo, shit, you know, like you're gonna pay.
Speaker 1: You on some bullshit. He's shooting that a but he got mad drama, right? What smokey for? What is smoky? Anybody dropping versus raps memes is mean walls. He even put me in the mean war like nigga, what I said, I ain't got no record about you.
Speaker 2: Hoe me chill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm petty fifty.
Speaker 3: That's a fact, yo. But God, Christine Milly y'ard, look that's dope. You put me in and out to ask you a question about Carson Daily. Like I started doing Woman for every single MTV show. I started doing Woman for TRL. I started doing Woman for every single thing, one or six parts. I was the official, like the crowd got it to just beforehand to get in this shit beach house all that. So and then Carson was like, you know what, because I was a woman guy for him, he put me on his late night show it called Late Night with Carson Daily, a whole bunch of other stuff. So big shout out to whole MTV team because it's funny because I used to sleep outside of fifteen fifty Broadway, like you know what I'm saying right outside, I used to look up at the window, was like, one day I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna be on MTV. I'm gonna do this.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm gonna beat this person.
Speaker 3: So I started by just making people in the line laugh how they was going up to the building and I.
Speaker 1: Was to start cracking joke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I started cracking jokes and the producers saw me and it was like, you know what, won't you come upstairs? And it started from that whole thing, and just you know, transcending to meet Christina and doing the jo Rule thing and just snowballing to be on Comic View and Bad Boys of Comedy and all that stuff. Just kind of moved on that thing, and she even put me in a movie Lotton cost of thing, So big shout out to her and a Mom, Mama, Mileian.
Speaker 1: That's dope. I didn't even know you was in loved on Cours, Yes, sir, Yes, sir. And Nick Kennon was in that, moving, moving, grooving Yeah, shout out my dog Nick Man. Then that so that obviously being in the MTV I feel like system, that's the segue in the wild now or did you meet Nick on a separate occasion and the wild and out position happened.
Speaker 3: I met Nick for the first time at Lotto cost thing and that was when I guess, you know, while I wasn't out yet, it was.
Speaker 1: Just like a concept. And I remember Spanky Hayes. Spanky Hayes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Spanky Hayes on he was telling me that he's like, yo, we're about to shoot this thing for MTV. But I when I came to New York, a lot of people know I was a safe father. So the whole time I was homeless, I was with my daughter. I had focustody in my daughter since she was two years old, and she was with me every single step of the way. So when that opportunity came, I couldn't take it. I couldn't do it. I couldn't go out to audition because it's just me and my daughter. I couldn't just you know, go to LA for the time because so right after I just the movie, I came right back home and I was just like, damn. I felt I always felt like I missed that opportunity. But you know, Nigga into Mary Mariah and they brought it to New York and I was like, ah, I'm good now. So I was like, it's here. And I remember going to the to the first season where they brought it back and Spankey was like, yo, man, come through and you know, I'm gonna look out for you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna introduce you and bring you in here.
Speaker 3: And the funniest thing Spanky forgot to leave my name at the door, or he didn't leave my name of the door. So I'm standing there, I'm like, yeah, I'm on Spanky's list, and it was like spank ain't gonna damn list. Yeah, And I'm like, oh, I'm calling my nigga and hen not adding the phone.
Speaker 2: It's just like I was like, oh, New York ship.
Speaker 1: We got a lot of old stories up here.
Speaker 3: But God always be on my side because the direct was like one of the people that see pay. He was one of the people that that directed TRL. So he told me, he's like, rap, what are you doing here? Like you doing a woman for the show. And I was like no, I was trying to get in and then speaking to leave my name. He's like, come on in and and then I got that. And then you know, I used to you know, help and assist Shante and shte Wayne started looking out. He started I started helping other people in the big shot of Jack Thriller. Jack Thriller really helped me get in. Yeah, Jack Thriller and really helped me get in to start doing the warm up and stuff like that. So I had to start as the warm up coming even for that show. So I started backing the same thing thing I was gonna get on, but I didn't. I was the woman for so long for that show. And then one day, I believe a comedy man the name of Jimmy Martinez came. He's like, yo, man, they have an auditions, and I'm mind you, I'm the woman guy, and even know they have an audition. I'm doing a woman for like two years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he get the information. He had an agent. This is me freelancing the whole damn time.
Speaker 1: So I'm out here like trying to just figure out how to maneuver myself through it because I'm like bam.
Speaker 3: And so then I'm doing a Woman. Jimmy's like, they're gonna have auditions tomorrow. You should start asking about it. I'm gonna try to get you in and get you on too, because I'm auditioning.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I bet.
Speaker 3: And so then I started doing a warm up and I forgot her name, but she was one of the producers on it. She was like, rip, I'm gonna try to get you an audition because what happens when I used to do warm up.
Speaker 2: I used to make the crowd so hysterically laughing.
Speaker 3: And the energy, so they would use my stand up part of me doing stand up before the show, and they would bank it and they would turn the cameras on because normally when you do woman, they turn the cameras off they go take lunch. So they started filming the crowd when I would do warm up and taking those those laughs and those bits and adding them to the show. So I would sometimes you watch it show you be like they h sterically laughing. That would probably be when I was doing warm up, so there.
Speaker 1: Was In other words, they was cappin. They was using your your action for somebody else jokes that wasn't slapping.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's cappin.
Speaker 3: I think that's just part of production because normally you bank those things. Normally you have a person go out and you bank them and you be like fake las, fake clap, fake this, fake.
Speaker 2: Sons up back and yeah, everybody make noise.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So instead of of them shows like that, they would just take my stand up and we would go straight in and it would just keep me up there and they start filming it. So and then it was like eventually it was like, you know what, let's give him an audition, Let's give him a shot.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like while' now, I feel like created a lot of jobs in the black community, black comic community for us. Like you had shows like Deaf Comedy Jam, you had Bad Boys of Comedy, you know what I mean. You had all those shows and then a lot of these, you know, comedians went on to do television. And now when you look at television, you don't see no more, not even just from comedians actors period. There's no more real television shows or even shows for our community. Do you feel like that's something that's missing that you want to contribute or create more? A thousand percent That era was dope man, super domed bro Man. With the era of Martin different words, show the world all everything and just show excellence and in living color.
Speaker 2: That was just the gods by showing the show, show.
Speaker 1: The different levels, all that stuff, all of that man, show different levels of our community.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. Now it's just ignorance that represents us.
Speaker 1: So I definitely feel it's a it's a lost art that's missing in television.
Speaker 2: With us, for sure, we always got loos and to.
Speaker 1: You, you got a red shirt, come back die it's a blue shirt. You know what happens now? You got it?
Speaker 2: You got a shout out to me. I love what they do.
Speaker 1: They do actually give you a shot. They don't even care if it whatever. They actually give people a shot. And that's what's dope about it, because all you could do is try, man, you know what I mean, get better, like to get better at something. I always felt like you had to fail before. You don't just start off great. I agree with that, you know what I mean, Failure breeds greatness and a lot of failure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot. I got booed a lot, a lot.
Speaker 1: Hot boot one time.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: I swear, and I swear remember the Southwest commercial their staff and they be like you want to get away and they put the Southwest commerciery like you gotta yo, Bro. I had one of those moments in Baltimore. This is being from New York not realizing there's a thin line between Baltimore and DC, and I'm over there like, yeah, peace in love DC. The niggas like boo who damn yo, bro, I'm standing like what I did.
Speaker 2: Y'all just was rocking with me through the whole show. Niggas, we don't care.
Speaker 1: Bull this's a VC they got Damn that DNV. Yeah, that's not the DMV that's bought. There's be more, yo.
Speaker 2: I swear.
Speaker 1: I learned the hardway, so I know about a bull or too, you know what I mean? Like yo, Like being from Chicago, you know, Chicago produced many legends from the comedian side, from the music side. Did you get any inspiration from any of those guys on to come up? You started young though, so, oh my god, yes, of course, man Idols, come on, Bernie Mac come, Yes, Are you serious? Come on that like that to me was like like the idol Yese Bernie mac legend.
Speaker 2: And then you look at the d Rays like everybody when you come to New York.
Speaker 1: You look at all the great comedians that come from New York, like Eddie Murphy's from here. You look at Chris Rock, you look.
Speaker 3: It's just been a plethora of black excellence, man like, and just to be a part of that. Even the people I work with now, And it's funny because I get to call them peers now, you know what I'm saying, Like, I got a show like even April Fools it's me, Michael Blaxton, Bill Bellamy. So just doing on the same Marlin and being on the same show.
Speaker 2: That's dope, man.
Speaker 1: Y'all gonna be in the Barclays man shot that out, man, let them know. I's going to create April Fool's Day the Barclays Brooklyn is going down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's just it's just a dope thing that I've been doing for Honestly, it's funny because you speak about black excellence. That's the show I've been doing for about fifteen years now. And it was just the concept of me like looking to Like when I started my career, I wanted to go here, right. So when I start doing all these rooms, a friend of mine named Rashie passed.
Speaker 1: Awy, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I remember Rashie. If you ever seen The Bad Boys of Comedy. He was the one that had Uncle Dope and he was like or Poppy ain't no snitch.
Speaker 1: Or he was like, he was like, I gotta I gotta go back up. Yeah, and I probably remember the joke, but not the face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he passed away, and that when he passed away, a lot of people tried to host his rooms because I had a lot of rooms, and at one point, when it came to comedy in New York, you couldn't come to New York whatever calling me because from Monday all the way to Sunday, I had two rooms a night. And then when he passed away his room, I ended up doing his rooms too because they were gonna disappear. And his brother in law was like, hey, man, Rip, they're gonna take these rooms away.
Speaker 1: Would you mind hosting it?
Speaker 3: And I was like, yeah, I'll host it, but when I'm hosting it, I need you to whatever.
Speaker 2: I think the budget was like eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: I was like, take the majority of the budget. Take six hundred, give me two, and you give that to his daughters and his family so I can keep that going.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take two.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get a comedian a hunting and the rest of y'all just divvy that up and do whatever y'all want with that. And it's like, seriously, it's like, yeah, it's not we gotta keep this going because you know, he had a heart attack at such a young age. He was on his way, bro, Like he was really really on his way.
Speaker 1: Wow, man, damn bringing that up. Sorry to hear about it. Man, I'm glad you sitting here a healthy stroug Man. You know you suffered the heart attack. Yes, Sam, Man, it's just you never know, man. And I set all that to be like, you know, back then, I set up this April Fools comedy jam, and I was like, you know what, I stopped elevating my career because I started going.
Speaker 2: Like, you know what, I'm gonna bring us all up. I'm gonna show what we can do when we come together conectively.
Speaker 3: And that's what the Aple Fools was. And I was like, all right, cool. I'm gonna take me you and let's go sell out the Barklay Center. Everybody thought I was crazy. It was like, You're gonna sell out the Barclay Center with a whole bunch of comedians and together we may do like three hundred people. And I was like, nah, I'm gonna make it something dope. And when I did that, like I have mad rapper friends, I was like, you know what, I'm gonna put you in. I got you, We're gonna do you and you, and I made it all about all the people I know. So that's how the April Fool's Comedy Jam came about, and it.
Speaker 2: Became this big thing where you got people.
Speaker 3: That would never normally be in an arena doing sixteen thousand people like we do shows in a round. And it's just been that cultivating thing like that which April Food and if you fast forward, I own the Fall Back in Love. And that's when I take all the R and B stars that people thought they forgot about, like I put Brandy on when she had been doing a song in ten years, and Trade when he had a court case every week, he still got a court case every week.
Speaker 1: And that's my dog man shout out trace. Yeah, that's the big homeo man. They're like Mario and like, if you look at all of these people, I was like, we're.
Speaker 2: Coming out of this club thing.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be big.
Speaker 3: And I started this whole R and B bring back older, older R and B artists that are now just probably doing clubs and like. And so if you look at April Fools, that's me and comedians and hip hop artists. And if you look at fall Back in Love, that's comedians and R and B artists. If you look at the Wild Out Tour, there's something also started the Wild Out.
Speaker 2: Tour in Queens and at Miszoura, a wall.
Speaker 3: Place started that. Yeah, come on, I did. That was fifteen hundred people in the room. I started that next thing. You know, I was number two on post Star and we're selling out arenas And that's a five years strong of doing nothing but sold out shows across the country.
Speaker 2: That's a blessing. Man.
Speaker 1: Looking back, do you credit the struggle years of your comedian career to the businessman you are today? Did those years you feel like carveew to the man and the businessman you are today to make those decisions to create all these new platforms to come together. I wouldn't say I was thinking business at the time. I would say that I was thinking more like, let's change, let's change the perception of what we're doing.
Speaker 3: I wasn't even thinking of it as no financial like, oh, we don't kill them, We're gonna make a lot.
Speaker 1: It was more like we.
Speaker 3: Matter, Like we come together, we can, we can do these great things that people just just think that we can't, like honestly, like, I know you brought out the hard thing, but like, and that's why I'm doing this now, Like if you I was in the hospital and I hate to jump all over subjects, but I was in the hospit and you know, I had.
Speaker 1: A heart attack.
Speaker 3: I had a heart attack at State Farm Arena on the side of stage and eighteen thousand people there, and I'm just like, okay, and I've been and I'm still on a heart transplant.
Speaker 2: At least it's not over. Like my heart is.
Speaker 3: Still in nineteen percent and I'm sitting in the hospital band I was like, yo, if I ever get well enough, because it's not over.
Speaker 1: It's still a.
Speaker 3: Journey, Like today is a good day, but tomorrow maybe a bad day. But I promised myself that if I ever get a chance to do comedy again, I'm gonna make it mean something. I'm gonna push myself and I'm gonna push my brand. And because I realized that being in there, you start to realize, like who really is your friend, Who's business, who's.
Speaker 1: Not started to matter? You start to realize what really matters?
Speaker 3: Dude, I lost my health insurance, right and so I'm getting about to get kicked out the hospital. And I called every single person I knew to like, just put me in something, because I sack. So that's my assurance is sack. So it's like I'm calling everybody I know they got a movie or anything. I'm like, throw me in this, don't put me in this. And I parked the cars in the movie. I just need to make like ten grand on on sacks so I can keep my insurance, so I can stand in the hospital. And the fact that I couldn't get one person to do that for me, out of all the things I've done, was just a wake up call, A wake up call, A big shout out to you know, we in Jersey, big shout to Justina. She was doing a little independent movie and she was like, ill, rip, you could just play whatever, just come by.
Speaker 1: I got you.
Speaker 2: That's what's up, man, And it was like a.
Speaker 3: Person I would never think in a million years, like, come on, are you serious. I don't know if you know what Justina is, but like that's the girl with wine with the red hair. And she got the same face and ass as Gary Owens. Not no more, she got done. I tell all the times she get Gary as. She kind of looked like taught me from power in the face. But that's my girl. She always joke on me. But like she did that for me. No, man, that's a blessing man.
Speaker 1: And you know, like that's one thing and it's sad and it's fucked up because as having a good being a good person, you do so much for so many people that when it's your turn for people in return, there's no one never there. And that's one thing that I always you know, people always like, yo, what's some advice that Jay gave you that you take with you. Is that, yo, no one's coming to save us. You know what I mean, We gotta save ourself. We the ones that when we save ourself, we in the position to save others. But no one's coming to save us. And that's something I always remember, like you gotta we gotta get it. And it's sad reality, but it is, man, that's the reality when when heartache and pain hits, is just you and your loved ones, A lot of friends go. I was, I was one hundred deep before you know, I mean my brother accident. After my brother accident. You see you see the room, it's five of us, you know what I mean, And that's just what it is. The main ones stay, and the ones who just was crowding on the boat they jump and it's cool. The boat's still gonna go. You're still doing your thing, blessed. And like you said April fourth, April Fool's Comedy Jam, you're selling out the Barclays. So I'm pretty sure a lot of people who jumped off the boat or didn't even throw you a life raft, begging you for a life raft.
Speaker 2: Now you know what I mean, you know what it is.
Speaker 3: I still won't change me. I still I didn't take that away. I didn't take that away, and I don't because what I do for people, I did it with no expectations. So I don't expect anybody to do anything for me, and I'm not mad or have an issue with anybody that don't. Just like I didn't do it for that. I did it to do and help and be there for others. And I'm gonna still be the same person. So these people are still my friends.
Speaker 1: I still call these people to this day, and I think that our relationship has got better.
Speaker 2: But now I understand that God got me here for a purpose, and I want to live in my purpose.
Speaker 3: And so now it's time to be like, okay, because no one knew that I did all these things. No one knew that I created the wound out tour in small place and fifteen hundred people in Amazura and Queens.
Speaker 2: I definitely and that shit started.
Speaker 3: Just because we was on the side of the stage and Nick was like, I was working on a special and I was right on the special, standing them the shoe and he was like, man, I wish that I could sell out arenas and he was Cat Williams. We want to go see Cat Williams and Ontario. And he was looking at Cat and He's like, yeah, I wish I could do arenas like this.
Speaker 1: And I was like, really, you put all these people on, you created the Cavs, you created, the Cats, you did the mics, you created all these people. Well this this is what you want to do.
Speaker 3: And I looked at I was like, yo, Nick, man, you changed my life by putting me on Wild's Out.
Speaker 1: Man, and you kept me on that show. And if this is what you want, I got you.
Speaker 2: Man. That's dope.
Speaker 1: I got you.
Speaker 3: I said, give me six months, and I promise you we're gonna do ten times more people that's in this room.
Speaker 2: That's dope, man. And he forgot.
Speaker 3: I booked him. I was like, we're gonna get his started. So I put I was like, hey, man, we're gonna do this little room in Queen and Nick forgot all about this shit. So I booked it and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, yo, man, Nick, we got the show all the thirty. He was like, what are you talking about? Oh the thirtie, what are you talking I.
Speaker 2: Said, Man, you told me back then that you had wanted to do.
Speaker 3: He was like, man, I got a show in Chicago and I can't do your show. And I was like, look, Nick, whatever they pay you in Chicago, I'm gonna give you Morening, I'm gonna give you more money they give you in Chicago.
Speaker 2: I need you to move that and do this. And he was like, you got.
Speaker 3: The money now, and I was like, no, I got now, but I promised you I got before you touch the stage, you'll have all of your money plus morening what you're supposed to get in Chicago. And I didn't know how at the time because I was giving out wild off flis and he was like, get out of here.
Speaker 1: As the kids showed, nobody want to see that.
Speaker 3: My daughter watched this show and everybody I thought they would be like, oh with it, because you know. And it turned out not only did I do one show, I did two shows at Atmosphere, and then we went out to Long Island and we did a Patchwock and Soundguarden. We did three and that show was so packed that the mayor and the police came and shut it down because I had six thousand people in line because there was no ticket.
Speaker 1: Bat six thousand people lining up the people yards, damn six thousand people show up. Yeah, the police showing up. Yeah, six hours hell going on over here.
Speaker 2: And it's a deeper long eye, so you know that's Patchworks.
Speaker 1: So they was just like, what what there' it's going on y'all got to get out of our yards so fast.
Speaker 3: And then I thought that would catapult it into something. But then they were like, this don't really matter.
Speaker 1: These numbers.
Speaker 3: The powers that be was like these numbers don't mean this, and this don't mean that. And I was like, you know what, So because I did it on this scale, this don't matter. So I took my cars and took everything I had on my bank accounts, and you've been turn that shit into an arena. So I went and booked like ten. I think it's thirteen arenas. Book thirteen arenas and they'll go history like after that, signed every single one of them. We was like, I was number two in the country on post it was Kelly Clarkston and it was me and it was wilding out. And to this day we still you speak about dcs. To this day, I still own the record for doing two arenas in one night. We did Show Palace, like twelve thousand people in there. We took an FBI escort to the Capitol one arena at the time, and we did seventeen thousand and five and when we had a seven o'clock show and a nine to thirty show and two arenas in the same night.
Speaker 2: That's dope, man.
Speaker 1: I had Nick up here, man, and I was just telling them, it's a blessing creating these shows and lasting what whil and now on they what twenty six seeds? Yo, bro y'all doing Simpson's numbers over there? Man, Like, realistically, that's Simpson numbers.
Speaker 2: You gotta look what Nick created.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Put the comedians out.
Speaker 3: Now, that's getting money come from that institution, like Matt Rife, Nate Jackson, eighty five South.
Speaker 1: Like, yup, yeah, you name it. Mike got eighty five South, yup, Mike Apps. Mike Apps a legend too, man like. And then you you started so doing arenas I could. I'm pretty sure it feels natural like you you opened up of course Rihanna's shows, Jay z Drake, Like doing those arenas, did that help you prepare for the arenas towards you you put together like this, I think that open up for those people and seeing those things. It's funny because that was never like I never dreamed that big man. I'm like, I didn't dream that big.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to just be Actually my biggest dreaming of being a comedie. I was like, I just want to be on death comedy gym.
Speaker 1: That was crazy, bad thing.
Speaker 2: I like, I ever dreamed of doing that.
Speaker 1: The highest I thought it would take, I wouldn't like I want to be in the movie, I want to be this.
Speaker 3: And my other dream was to make sure that I could always make people fall out and create that same deaf comedy gym laughter when you just falling out the chair. And if you watch my Apollo special, like I sold out the Apollo last year and I had a heart attack after that again had to be rushed to the hospital. But like, and then I did a huge City Winery tour and we sold out every one of those and I sold out City Winery.
Speaker 1: And it's just I never thought that big.
Speaker 3: It was just me always trying to do stuff for other people and people shutting doors in our faces.
Speaker 2: Was like, all right, you told me we can't, we can't do this. I'm we're gonna do it, and we can't have this and this these people don't matter. Then we're gonna do it. That's right.
Speaker 1: Always do that, And that's what it was always about. And and like my comedy when you watch it, if you watch my Apollo special, if you watch you know all those years of doing warm up for so many people. I can always change my joke in fit the environment that I'm in, so whether I'm doing and you know I was, I was homeless, so there was not an audience I didn't perform for.
Speaker 3: Like I would do living people's living rooms. I would do a basement, I would do a guy in these wedding I would do.
Speaker 2: I would form on the train, I.
Speaker 1: Would sell metroswipes. I got to the point where I was doing comedism, like I didn't even have a DVD. I used to sell other comedians DVD and they.
Speaker 3: Would break me off a piece of it. Like this dude named Kareem Green. He had a DVD and he was selling it for like fifteen, and I was like, all right, look how much you pay for these? Like I pay five. I was like, so I'll give you ten, and I'll sell your DVD for fifteen and make five off each one.
Speaker 1: And I would sell them to people and it was like, man, I watched the DVD.
Speaker 2: You not even on it.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I never said I was on it. I said, it's a funny DVD. But if you keep buying them, I could produce my own special that's right. So I'm selling DVD.
Speaker 2: Ain No, I wasn't even on it. You should say that's hustling.
Speaker 3: I just think that's what really prepared me in all those years of being in the background. And I've wrote for so many comedians, like I was like the head writer.
Speaker 2: For the Nick Cannon Show.
Speaker 3: I wrote on Wi Williams Show, wrote for so many different comedians and Brandy Jackson wrote for It's just so many people that whose entire specials I've I've written and culptivated.
Speaker 1: And I think all.
Speaker 3: Of that, that journey being on my daughter the whole time prepare me for what I was doing. And you don't know that you're being prepared and guarded. God is sharpening you for something. The whole time you're going through it. You're like, you know, why is it no food on the table?
Speaker 1: Why is it?
Speaker 2: Why am I not like this person?
Speaker 1: This person? I'm so why so why is such a struggle for me? I said, you want like he just did that nice, He's just And I realized God was sharpening and sitting out in a hospital, it's my turnout and I'm ready for it.
Speaker 2: Like I got four different specials.
Speaker 3: First special I put out did over a million in the first week, the next one I'm putting out, just keep dropping these different things. And now thanks to you, I'm doing podcasts and I'm explaining my journey because.
Speaker 2: I didn't care for like, no way. I never was like, hey man, it's about rip. It never ever was. But it was about, hey man, let's do this together. We're gonna do this cool.
Speaker 1: And it was just when I do this, when we shake hands, then when it popped, you go left, okay.
Speaker 2: So we oh okay, so that didn't oh all right, got it? And I just didn't even care.
Speaker 3: Then I was like, all right, cool, cool, then whatever, congratulations for you, me anything I could do, and then being in a hospital coming out knowing I need a heart.
Speaker 2: This is about legacy. This is about sharing God's story and triumph.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: And if I got two shows left for me, if I got one.
Speaker 3: Show left for me, if it's fifty fucking shows left for me, I'm gonna give my all and I'm gonna put my mind.
Speaker 2: I can't say my heart, but I'm gonna give it my all. Man.
Speaker 3: I'm just blessed to be here for it's just whether it's today, tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Life, I'm not stoffing. And I'm gonna keep creating.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna keep keep growing this thing, and I'm gonna keep making people laugh.
Speaker 2: That's what's uping. Man, trust me. You gonna get it.
Speaker 1: Man. You you're a good guy. Somebody gonna give you that heart in return. Man, trust me. It's a sad way that we got to get it from someone else, like you know.
Speaker 2: But that is hard, waiting on life worker, Yes, that is it is.
Speaker 1: It puts your mind in a different mindset where you wait on life worker because somebody has to to no longer need it for you to get it, for me to get it.
Speaker 2: So now every time I hear eminence, I'll be like, God, is that my blessing?
Speaker 1: Does that mean he gun? Like?
Speaker 2: Don't shoot him in the chest?
Speaker 1: Yo? Please? Was he ain't positive? Did anybody know you slow down of every carcident? Now?
Speaker 2: Okay yo, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: But you gotta be able to laugh at yourself. You gotta be able to laugh. That's what I tell people.
Speaker 1: If you can't laugh at yourself, then you're looking at life too serious. Man. Life is to be enjoyed and you got a lot of life to give. Man, trust me, all this good. God keeps giving back, and I believe that blessing is definitely gonna come for you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, man, and he man. I'm not above running to you. You know, I know you still got the hook ups in the street. I still you know what I'm saying. I might slide you to thirty five for you to bring me the little white the little rad cooler with the white toped black rip. I heard about your journey man, go drop twenty thousand pick up.
Speaker 1: You know I grew up on Marcy Avenue. They know what's on Lee Avenue high Land me and that I ain't got to say it positive, you know, yeah, I mean Lee Avenue plug high lad Me. Yo. You brought up DVD's right, And I remember when DVD's was the bro. They was moving through the street like hot kikes Bro. I remember when Jerry's Spring of Tapes was flying in the street. All the comedy shows was flying the era. How do you look at comedy has changed now with social media, the Internet and the clips going viral now instead of the DVD era.
Speaker 2: I think that's fire man.
Speaker 3: Like if you take it back and you think about Q, godsk his soul from like you know you known Q right, No, I don't think so you got it.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of cues. Remember oh, Q from p from World Stars. Okay, yes, I know QB from World Star. Yeah, but I have a cousin name Q. You been talking about.
Speaker 2: It's like saying Ray Ray, I get it. You know, there's a lot of cues in New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Just I think that he kind of, you know, evolved that whole thing by taking people's mixtapes and putting them on YouTube and creating this whole war star things.
Speaker 2: I think that the element the evolution of.
Speaker 1: It is it's fire. Yes, it's fire. It's getting audiences that probably would have never been in the comedy. Think about it.
Speaker 2: When you were a kid, you didn't watch no damn comedy.
Speaker 1: That wasn't your thing.
Speaker 2: Really, No, that's not true. Kid, like you were like ten.
Speaker 1: See, I had an older brother, so they used to remember we had They used to listen to comedy tapes. Remember what was the god's name that had the comedy tapes they used to listen to back in the day. The Jerky Boys, the jerky boy tearing the inside of me. Yo, Yo, you couldn't say that today. Yo, I got a Jerky Boys tapeger.
Speaker 2: Be like those dudes were hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yo, yo, dudes. I had all of them tapes.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like comedy evolved from then tapes, movies, vhs, DVDs, but now you could just open up social media, go to your Instagram page, go to Twitter, and comedy is all over.
Speaker 2: Man. I feel like we live in the world that's serious.
Speaker 1: But still take the time to last.
Speaker 2: I believe that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I applaud every single person to open up that door. And I will say that's why I shout out Q because he was the first person to be like, you know what, these mixtapes ain't gotta be a mixtapes. These ain't got to be sold one twenty fifth Street on a blanket. Let me get booty talking number twelve, Let me get that state property.
Speaker 1: We was definitely.
Speaker 4: Definitely, Brother, I have it before the movie, in the movie, before it comes out.
Speaker 2: I have it right now.
Speaker 4: What do what do you want to do? Please do watch two for five? Please, my friend, don't brother, it looks like a look at you're taking me back in down street because that's how it was.
Speaker 1: Boy, You get anything you want on these blocks on that blanket.
Speaker 3: They laid that with an open up shop and pull it out the store, opening store closing.
Speaker 1: The two seconds seconds, bro, don't let the cops pull around and watch that blanket get wrapped up like a magic trick.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think that that what they're doing now is great. I think it opened up the door and I think it stopped a lot of barriers that we had before because it used to be one of the time, and now it's no longer one of the Now you no longer have to go and wait for someone to go like I pick him and put him.
Speaker 1: In a movie.
Speaker 3: Now you can just go and captivate your audience on that. And I think that touching the fans. Now you don't have to wait. And I loved him for doing that, man, I loved him for open open those doors. And then they transition to the comedy. Look at DC Young Fly putting our sketches, putting out skates, and next thing, you know, one of the hottest communities in the country.
Speaker 2: That's right, DC Young Fly killing them.
Speaker 1: You named a lot of legends Deon Cole, like man, come on, man, I was a favorite, Like Eddie Griffin was my guy. Oh yeah, boy, Eddie griff and Eddie Murphy. All of Eddie's was funny. Your mom named you Eddy. You was funny. You gotta be funny. Who would you consider your top because you know, when I'm sitting somewhere else, like, YO, give me your top five rappers. But there's too many comedians for me to just narrow it down the five because somebody might be like, YO, you left me off. I'm gonna say, top Who would you put in your top list? Top ten, tops five, top seven, top six? Wherever you want to stop that?
Speaker 2: When did you say who is the best?
Speaker 3: Who do I trust? Because I spit hot fire. I think it's a lot of comedians that you'd be surprised if people sleep on. But I think Tony Roberts, and I think that if a comedy tells you Tony Roberts isn't one of the funniest comedians in the country, someone that is like lying to you, that man is hysterically funny. You know you funny when all the comedians on the show run out to see your set, I think that he's best admitting that my next will be Rasheed. He was just cultivating the way he could tell a story and just bring you in it and be like, it's a lot of people in this world you can robe. But the old Spanish man. Ain't that nigga?
Speaker 1: That's right, sho you to.
Speaker 3: I don't give you nothing. Can you find out out your own to divide out and you take the vite out? Probably don't like somebody got killed on the third floor. That's not me, baby, I wanta fight flop it. So I think that he was just a great, great comedian man, one of my mentors in this game. Like, I think that if he would have, you know, going on to live longer, he probably would have been top five.
Speaker 2: Period manure just getting it in. But his life was taken too short. I'm sorry they had about that.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm not gonna watch if you you don't want to talk about when you watch it, you'll be like he do do dude to Jamaican store.
Speaker 2: Right came in to the Jamaican store. He was like, you're going to Jamaican storey.
Speaker 1: You're like, yah, I'm going back to watch it because def comedy jam is still available?
Speaker 2: Man, what still available? Beast beast man.
Speaker 3: He always when he said he go mess with Spanish people in the Spanish store, and he said, poppy water cat always sleep on the bread when I come in.
Speaker 2: He yo, And.
Speaker 1: That's if you live here. That's it, yo, every that's crazy. See New York, our store is done change hands so many times. First it was the Puerto Ricans, then it was the Dominicans, then it was the Asians.
Speaker 2: Now it's the fuck the.
Speaker 1: Indians, and now it's the a rab Yeah, and them niggas selling butt out the store. I had cut had that seven for me. They do do the cigarettes yo, yo, Lucy yo lucy. I hate it when somebody be like, yo, go to the store, give me a lucy like by the pack yo broke as.
Speaker 2: No lucies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they tell you too. They don't even tell you.
Speaker 2: You ain't give me your top list, So I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Tony roberts Uh, I would say, Rashet a lot of people, and I'm glad he's getting shine now.
Speaker 1: T K.
Speaker 2: Kirkling, Oh yeah, t K fee to the motherfucking word up.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: He's been in the game, push, pushing.
Speaker 1: Changing, elevating. Just you know.
Speaker 2: My next probably would be Dion Cole.
Speaker 1: So of course we all got the legends like the Chris Rocks to Dave Chappelle's all of those.
Speaker 3: Different people, and then Eddie Murphy's the Martins and all that. But I'm talking about soldiers.
Speaker 1: Just been grinding but just never got that like break that break that that that.
Speaker 2: Can go up after anybody.
Speaker 3: It don't matter, and it don't matter, and that's that's I cultivate myself for. It don't matter who's going on stage. So I think that even when you you mentioned my name in comedy, people a like, yeah, I don't want to follow rip. I don't gonna kill it, and like, it's just something that and I like those gladiators. Everybody I name is a gladiator. Like, I mean, it's different ways of you know, doing comedy. It's joke structure, there's different ways of people doing more intellectually. We can do it slapstick. But I just think that being able.
Speaker 2: To rock a crowd.
Speaker 3: And I'm not a person that be like, I don't care how you did it, but if I go in down, I'm looking like, yo, these people are having the time of their life.
Speaker 2: Because to me, that's what comedy is about.
Speaker 1: It's not about to me, in my personal opinion, it's not about me just getting my story out and just spitting my life at you.
Speaker 2: It's about changing.
Speaker 3: What you got going on in your life and being able to take a little bit of pain away. Because my name is actually not Rip Michael's if you look at the spelling, it's actually Rip Mike Heels, it's m I C h e Als. But people always pronounce the wrong. So I just let people. But that's always what it is. So that's what I try to do when I'm gonna stay. I try to like a lot of people, and I think a lot of Communist understand like this person being out of promote the shows and sometimes.
Speaker 1: Bring the people in.
Speaker 3: I see the person I gave a flyer too, and I see that this is their last twenty dollars. I see that this person just fighting a court case or just had domestic violence, or just had this. And if you can just take a little bit of that away and make them and just take them away from their problems, that's what it's about, because that Mike can really.
Speaker 2: Really heal people. You can change.
Speaker 3: People's lives, in their in their perspective and what they're doing, and that's what I try to do.
Speaker 2: So I look for that. I look for you. Don't blame me read that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Who when you hit those Yeah, that's when you know you made somebody so laugh. That's a fact because you only hear that. I feel like three ways in the black community. When you're laughing, you get good food, or you see a relative you ain't seen it in a long time. Oh yeah, that's when you get a real reaction from the black community. Because we get some food. You're gonna be like whoa like you dancing and like you're.
Speaker 2: Talking about eating chicken up right out the grease when you come chase the chicken, when you're.
Speaker 1: Like, damn man, you make me train of thought with that one.
Speaker 2: I was just about to say something to you about somebody else.
Speaker 1: Damn man.
Speaker 2: Where was I at with that one? What were some of the moments.
Speaker 1: That you consider Did you ever consider a moment stepping away from comedy? No?
Speaker 3: No, not one time, Like it's funny because I wanted to do this since I was eight years old and I never want to do anything other than this. And when I when I was in the male Clinic and Phoenix, Arizona and big shout out to them, I was when your heart fails, the rest of your organs start failing.
Speaker 1: And start falling apart.
Speaker 3: So my kidneys started failing, and for like I want to say, like a month and a half, I couldn't see because you know, my sugar got so high, and you're diabetic, you can lose your sight. And for the first time, I was like, damn, how am I going to do comedy because I can't even see the crowd and I can't even see to write the jokes down? How am I going to do comedy? And I would say that was the closest thing to me ever quitting. Then I was like, thank God for Siri, Siri, and now you got JAT So I think that, yo, that was probably my lowest of like thinking I couldn't do it because you can't see and your heart isn't good. I was like, because I always thought this is something you could do to till you die, Like you know, long you can come out in the wheelchair, you can come out eighty years old. Like I got to see Paul Mooney and like work with him like a lot of times right before he passed, and I was like, man, you can do this forever. But that would probably be the closest I ever got to being like I don't want to I don't know how I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna do this, but yeah, I figured a way.
Speaker 3: I was like, God was like, nah, you can just you can hear the crowd, that's right. But then I got my sight back, and you know, it took a lot of medicine and took a lot of walking around and like getting on a good regiment and shout out to the mail clinic, because those dudes at the male clinic, like are the reason I'm not restricted to a hospital bed and that you know, I can you know, just get at home, nurse and you know, take medicine and when I perform have EMTs on the side of the stage to even do this.
Speaker 2: So yeah, big shout out to them, man, that's what's something.
Speaker 1: Man. Shout out to all the medical staff, all the emergency workers out there putting their life on the line for our lives, you know, cause a lot.
Speaker 2: Go into it.
Speaker 1: Man, we take for granted, you know what I'm saying, And you don't really appreciate things until you sitting there on that bed, like hold on, man, the I gotta really put everything shit, putting everything in perspective and what's really important to me. Now, another question I wanted to ask you, like, even from myself, because I'm part of the audience. I'm not a comedian, So this is a question for you really from me, like what do you think us as the audience is a misconception or is misunderstood about stand up comedians or what the work that goes into the process of being a stand up comedian.
Speaker 3: I would say that a lot of people think that they're just silly people, but comedians are some of the smartest, most intelligent people that you'll ever come across, because we normally take tragedy and we find a way of making it funny or finding a different perspective and an outlook to change it. And that is the misconception because you just look at a person and you're saying like, oh, this person is just silly and they can just do this. But it's a method to it that it takes twenty different times for you doing a joke on stage before it becomes an actual part of your joke.
Speaker 2: That we go through these things and you know, we just don't write it down and.
Speaker 1: Be like, oh, this is gonna be funny because y'all decide who's funny, or I can write a million things, but if it don't work in this room. It's not really funny.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Same thing with music, so you never I think a lot of people think that you just get up there, and it is a it is.
Speaker 3: A hard, hard craft to master. I will definitely tell you that it's a hard craft to master. It's hard to find your voice, and it is hard to talk about some of these painful things because when you really look at a joke, there's nothing.
Speaker 1: Funny about child abuse. But you see so many comedians. My mamma used to whoop my ads. You ever got hit with this, You ever got hit with that, You've got a shoe thrown at you, and it's just those are real painful memories.
Speaker 3: You just found the way and you taking a different perspective on it and making people be able to laugh. Now, you give that person the power to let go of that pain, and you sometimes you pay relationships like that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: A lot of people be like, you know what, my childhood is not that bad. You know, my mom wasn't that bad. It's other moms like that.
Speaker 1: It's other dad.
Speaker 3: It's like that, that's not only a person that I didn't go through that alone. It's just like when y'all write a great song and you touch somebody, someone comes up to you and.
Speaker 1: Go, man, I felt that.
Speaker 2: Man, I went through that same thing.
Speaker 1: I did a bit. I did this, I did that like that. That was real when you said that. And that's what we do it for it, bro cause it's just like you said, they make it a good song. All we do is think our thoughts are pain, our frustrations or our joys, and we write it down and we hope the world receive it the way we you know what I mean, we want them to. And when it works, trust me, that feels like the best day of your life. When because it's not easy to take your thoughts, put it on paper and make a thousand people agree with you. No, it is not, man.
Speaker 3: And like if you watch my Apollo special that I did and tempted to pollow, that was probably one of the hard the sets I've ever done in my entire life, because the whole.
Speaker 2: Time I'm on stage, I can't breathe.
Speaker 1: And halfway through my like if you watch it, and the ammunents had to pick me up, I collapsed on stage at the very end.
Speaker 2: They edited a lot of it out, but.
Speaker 1: It was bad. But then that special was a special.
Speaker 3: I promised myself that I would finish because I had sold out the Apollo and I had a heart attack right before, like two days before the show, and I had to cancel. And that's the whole infamous thing where everybody's like rips going to the hospital and he announced it, and that's what the whole viral thing, and then I promised myself, I get out, I'm gonna finish it. And to sit there and be struggling him for air the entire time, and then talking about things that were like that weren't even real jokes that I prepared, but just talking about the journey and trying to make light of it.
Speaker 2: That was really hard.
Speaker 1: And I love everybody in New York for that, cause they they came and the applauded and they participated, and it was really, really, probably one of the toughest sets I ever had to do to march it through, man, but they were with it, and a lot of stuff I was saying was sad.
Speaker 2: And for them not to feel sorry mm hm, and understanding that it was in and ride with me, that was fire. Yeah, that was fire man.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you even sharing your story because like you know, you said, you never did this. It's never about you, right, We never do it about us. It's about our journey and who can we inspire to take the journey further and.
Speaker 2: Do better than we ever thought?
Speaker 1: We told you so that's why I'm so excited and happy that you took the time out and to come to me to share it. You know what I mean, because you definitely enlightened me. Or I had no clue that got you, bro, I'll be watching wilding Out all the time. Nick, My god, Me and Nick had the same management. When he had rapper dreams. Oh okay, I wish i'd have took the comedian dreams. I'd have been right there with him, but shiit rap dream took me. But that's my bro, right there, man, you gotta take follos in that. And this is this is what I was gonna say, right I was throwing my producer under the bus shout out by girl.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say her dad.
Speaker 1: But listen, you see how you saying my name really not Riped Hamilton, I mean rip Michaels. It's rip Mike Hills. When I text my producer, yo, we and I think we get in this interview.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting to get the.
Speaker 1: Call back, and she like who And I just tept text Ripped Michaels. She was like, damn, rest in peace to Michaels whoever he is, and no he ain't. That's who coming through. She like, oh ship, Like I thought you were saying your boy Michael passed away.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, hell.
Speaker 1: No, why would I write it like that? Hilarious?
Speaker 2: He can't make it to that.
Speaker 1: Who else you got, Mike? He ain't coming.
Speaker 2: Who else you got because you got it?
Speaker 1: Go on. I thought that was funny when you say, yo, my name not really ripped, Like, but when people hit the name Rip Michaels, what do you want them to associate that with?
Speaker 3: First of all, a lot of people think I just thought some hardcore name, and I think Rip is this.
Speaker 2: It's just short from Rippy.
Speaker 3: But nobody wants me called rippy, Like, no one in the world is gonna be Rippy.
Speaker 2: That's not a cool name.
Speaker 1: So I just took the pp wild Louisiana.
Speaker 2: It's only two rips that rep.
Speaker 1: Rip Hamilton from the Detroit Pistons was my favorite basketball player and Rip Michaels.
Speaker 2: It's one of my favorite comedians. You got ripped Horn and you got Rip Van Winkle.
Speaker 1: Ye ain't the rip right? Yeah, they ain't the right. I gotta lose the weight so I can rep it right and gains the weight. I look like right Michaels now, and they're like, look at that nigga, he ripe nigga sitting on this white couch with all them hips, that nigga hypocrite.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, what would I want them to?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: I think your question was what do I want them to associate you with?
Speaker 1: Like you know what I mean, people hear the name rip Michaels, What you want them to associate you with?
Speaker 2: With your career? That's a really deep question, man.
Speaker 1: Elevation, that's right.
Speaker 3: I will want them to associate elevation and together. It's showing that we can break these barriers down, man, because when you look at what God has blessed me to be able to do, like, I think half the people has never experienced the things that God gave me the power and the things and the.
Speaker 1: Abilities to do like and it's just like this, I think that's what I want. I want people to understand, Like.
Speaker 2: I took our people and not I took our people.
Speaker 3: When I say our people, it's not the ones that they tell us this is the hottest man this go see him because we built this and we put this machine behind and this is the person.
Speaker 2: This is the one. I feel like I want people to associate like you don't need just one. It's all of us and collective.
Speaker 3: But we can do this like we do eighteen thousand people at State Farm Marina. We've done twenty two thousand people in the garden on a Wednesday with only three weeks of promotion.
Speaker 2: When Rich Homi Kwan passed away, bless Rich hold me. I did that.
Speaker 3: I turned my whole shot round because his brother called me, and I turned my whole short around.
Speaker 2: I made it the biggest tribute ever.
Speaker 3: And I donated money to Asseamily because if the moment they told me it was like your rip, we don't know we're gonna do. We know we just booked him, and I just spoke to him the day before he passed away, and I was like, you know what, take all the money, keep the booking money, gainst because it's like people asking for the deposits back.
Speaker 2: We atten shows rip. I don't know what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: I say, take the money I gave you, keep all of that. I'm gonna pay you the back in on that. And on top of paying of the back end on that, I'm gonna raise money for you. On top of that.
Speaker 2: He was like, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: I was like, dude, just come, I'm gonna present yall to check. We're gonna play a song and we're gonna celebrate his life.
Speaker 2: That's right. That's dope, man.
Speaker 1: And then people were like, but I was like, no, that's what we're doing. It's not up to no one else. This is what we're doing.
Speaker 2: This is what we're doing. That's dope, man. Ridge holdy got that shit.
Speaker 3: And then when I tell you, we played the songs and a whole arena of when I tell you, it's not a seat, you could possibly it was people standing behind people.
Speaker 2: His music gonna last fast.
Speaker 3: And they played it in the whole to watch everybody stand up and then be able to do something like that and his family there, and then for them to stand up and like that's my son, that's my family. Look and to see the look on their faces, that to me elevation, Yes, showing people that we matter because we do matter, man.
Speaker 2: That's right all the time. Man, We're gonna do matter at them. Man. We are the culture. We set it. Do we set it?
Speaker 1: Man? We are the We are the people to follow, and it's not up for them to decide who goes when and who goes where. We go together. Yeah, it's just like that's a written rule in my neighborhood coming up with my homies. Man, when we travel somewhere together, as we all leave together or we don't leave like, you know what I mean, So we all gonna go, none of us gonna go.
Speaker 2: That's how we used to do it.
Speaker 1: Man. That's how you know how many clubs I show up too? You ain't letting all of them? Man, I give your money back. I'm not coming there, you know what I mean. And that's just how it is. Man. I'm for the team, So I respect you with that because I'm a team player from day one. I put the team first. It's no iron team, it's one hundred percent. So if someone was just to discover Rip Michaelson and they're like, man, somebody told me about this comedian. Man, I'm gonna check them out. What would be the first performance or moment you will point them to to really understand you. It would be the first.
Speaker 2: That's a very man. You have best questions like I feel like I'm over here and the producers because she came through right like Maya Angelo.
Speaker 1: He was like, has a concrete rolls coming from the jungle, who came up as a delicate flower. That is now you have some deep bands, Jeremy there thrill this when you was gone and your dad left? What side you when you wear that that time?
Speaker 2: I think that was and a half. You got some of the best questions.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: You were made appreciate that man really man Like, it's like when you see people who have a talent in the gift. Man, you have a gift and like you're pulling out of me. Man, I don't think I ever told this type of ship. You know, I don't know my cuts or not. On the Disney Network it's hip hop.
Speaker 1: I don't want to mess up to show.
Speaker 3: And you'll be like, oh man, we got a Disney Channel deal and I'm like, I'm not gonna make that episode.
Speaker 1: They gonna it's gonna they gonna it's gonna be nobody Pooty Tank episode. We both won't be here if it's all Disney. It'll be black. It'd be just the couch. Hey, the Disney. You would switching up a half hand of my time Canada when you chose Monley site I have, they I couldn't wear this. They'll be like, yo, you gotta be there like this, Hannah. So tell me I couldn't do this. They'll be like that hat now two gangster.
Speaker 3: No, yes you can because when you created, what I've learned is like I was able to turn down a lot of deals. Like I've said it the Live Nation table. They be like, hey, we want to do this with you, and we want to turn this and I was able to be able to like this deal don't.
Speaker 1: Make no sense.
Speaker 3: So you want me to take my stuff, bring it to Live Nation and we split the gate together. And you don't give me any Ticketmaster because you won't Ticketmaster.
Speaker 2: You are just trying to sell me your marketing.
Speaker 3: And you're giving me a cross collateralization deal, which means you're just not even really giving money. You're just giving me a loan against ticket sales, which means that if I don't sell it, I gotta pay the money back with interest. And then I got to use your production company, your marketing things. So you're getting paid like nine different ways exactly, and then you want me to split it. I'm not getting food and beverage. I'm not getting tket ba based I'm not getting anything. It's a terrible deal. It's a terrible deal.
Speaker 2: Who would sign this exactly? But everyone does? That's crazy, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I why are we like that? Why?
Speaker 2: But everyone?
Speaker 1: Why is our culture like that where they put the bird in the hand and before the bush?
Speaker 3: I think that, you know, we fall short of like believing we could do things. So I was able to turn the deal down and constantly turn deals down like that because I went out and built it.
Speaker 2: So when you build it, it's on your turn. That's right, That's that's how. That's so.
Speaker 3: I wasn't like, hey, you know what, this is a dope idea and I go to them like, hey, this is a dope idea and let them go, hey, we're gonna put this together and put this. No, I build it. So when you come to a person that's number two in the country and post started doing sixteen seventeen thousand and did it in fourteen different arenas, you gotta you can't come to me like that.
Speaker 2: That's right, And they'll always try to tell you like.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, we can make it bigger instead of sixteen, we could do thirty like I did sixteen by myself.
Speaker 2: You don't think I could do thirty bumps exactly. You don't think I do forty bums. That's right. We're we elevating to what's the elevation, the elevation of just helping me.
Speaker 1: Do you do you want me to do more shows than I did by myself already, and then you're going half of what I'm getting just to open up fifteen something, So let me expect it. If I'm gonna do, I'm doing sixteen shows by myself, I'm gonna do with you. I could do thirty shows, but you won't have so I'm back to do a fifteen show.
Speaker 2: That's right. So what was the point. That's right.
Speaker 1: That's why I tell people all the time, man, it's greater later, man to check. If I look at it like this, if a person willing to give you a check up front, what is they gonna make on a back end?
Speaker 2: Because nothing is free.
Speaker 1: Nobody ain't gonna just be like yo, hu, take this million dollar advance and I'm gonna break even with this six hundred thousand back here. If I'm gonna give you this million, that means I'm gonna make three million on the back end, and you just gonna take your million and be cool, you know what I mean? That's really six hundred thousand if you still live in New York after taxes. Yeah. And you know what's funny, I didn't even realize that, right, Like, I'm doing all this whole time, not one by the money. I didn't realize that. Like I was dumb.
Speaker 3: I thought that all these people were selling out these shows. I thought that when somebody said, oh, okay, come see me live, that's them. Come to find out, I'm probably the only comedian to ever sell out his own arenas. It's always a machine behind him. It's always a a different company that's actually doing it.
Speaker 1: And I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: I had no idea until I started saying, hey, Rip, we want to do this with you, and they go like, well, we got to go talk to this company first. I'm like, but you're yeah, this isn't your tour. Yeah, so you just the face just a promotional Oh yeah, you man, say to me, that's the that's the thing. You'd be like, I want to do this. I'm like, okay, we doing That's right. This is I didn't know that. I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: It's a lot like that and all in all fashions of this business. That's like this part you're like, yo, can you kurkr? This is us?
Speaker 2: You see my production crew? You gotta ask man.
Speaker 1: No, but you got some real dudes, right yeah, but this is us, Like we we built this, we created it. You know. I shout out Noriega for seeing something in me that I didn't see because he like, bleek, I'm telling you you.
Speaker 2: Made for this ship.
Speaker 1: You need to definitely, and I'm like, hell no, I'm not no journalist. I'm not doing this ship. And look here I am.
Speaker 2: But Joe definitely nor read my brother, thank you.
Speaker 1: But I'm a firm believer in building your own cause you get the only You get to make the decisions and you get to drive the direction on where it's going. Because when you sell out, they can bring it and bring your company, your image and your likeness and carve it out to whatever they want the people to believe about you. When you own something, yourself is your word, your way, and they gonna know it's all you because they're gonna know who you are through your representation.
Speaker 2: Of your work. Man, you know what I'm saying. So what you built and what you're doing.
Speaker 1: You just saying that, yeah, I sold out fourteen to ring the sixteen shows, fourteen thousand, You saying that, like that's simple, bro, I might not sell out a thousand seed of right now. I guess it's not easy, bro.
Speaker 3: I guess I guess it seems And for me it seems easy because I never looked at it like that. But I never looked at it like that. I just always like, I want to put on the best show. I want to keep it affordable because I want people to be able to buy tickets from it, and I want to show people that look what we can do. And I thought that would bring just more people that be like, hey, let's do this, and not just hey, all right now we did this, go give it to this person so they can just I didn't know I did. I didn't think like that, no, you're doing it.
Speaker 1: Didn't think like that.
Speaker 3: And I do it in this God because I do it, and like sometimes like this Arena game and doing these things like the Garden gave me the garden, because like when you're just a person and you're just walking there like, hey, I'm Remichaels.
Speaker 1: I want to do the garden.
Speaker 2: They're like, it's five hundred thousand dollars to rent the garden. And you're sitting there and they go and they're expecting you to walk out. Remember like remember that scene and.
Speaker 3: Was it uh anyone from uh not coming to America? Nice boomerang when they was any thing and he say, he says, this jacket is ten thousand dollars and they don't pause me.
Speaker 2: He's like, what you thought that was gonna scare me or something like that.
Speaker 1: Bring. Yeah, So when you when you get to these places and and everybody's cool with me now, but when you get to these places and you're like, hey, I'm just I'm Remichaels and i want to do this type of show and I'm gonna do this, and they go who you with or who who's your representation?
Speaker 2: Would come? What are you doing?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, no, I'm gonna do the show. It was like it's five hundred thousand. I was like, okay, cool, So what dates do you have?
Speaker 1: That's right?
Speaker 3: And it's like well, we're gonna need and they do in the beginning, they give you deals that don't make any sense.
Speaker 1: They'll be like, but we need it all up front. We and that's that's that just doesn't make any sense. No business, no, no business that makes an decision. You had an arena to be so shitty to me that after I sold it out, the lady came to me and apologized. Damn at least apologize.
Speaker 3: She was like, I didn't believe that you would do any of the things that you said you was gonna do, And I'm sorry for you know everything, and how I treated you.
Speaker 2: You sold. This whole thing happened.
Speaker 3: I think like two weeks because they gave they give me dope, They give me dates and stuff that dates.
Speaker 2: They don't want to count and just give you throw away things.
Speaker 3: And it's a Tuesday, Like who definely garden on the Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Who is doing that? Word up unless you plan for the next Like the fuck, who's doing that?
Speaker 2: That's happening? That's it's a workday in the middle of the week. Two dude.
Speaker 1: Shit. The funniest thing about me doing the garden was like, you know, we all think about the gardener's like.
Speaker 2: We're doing a garden Mecca. We're doing this garden. That's a statement.
Speaker 3: I booked that around and do the whole thing. And that's why I said, you have solid people around, you'll do the whole thing. And they start, you know, they're like every day they're telling me like, this is not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: You only sold fifty tickets. You always sold sixty tickets. We need to cancel, and going like we gotta cancel this, cancel this. I'm like, no, just keep it going, keep it going. Well, we're gonna need it. Every day they say, well, we're gonna need this. Now, we're gonna need You paid the whole thing up from but now we're gonna need this insurance, we're gonna need your CEI.
Speaker 2: We're gonna need this. We're gonna just trying to give you.
Speaker 3: And you know this is not refundable, so if you cancel your fun I'm trying to give you ever hurdle to make you. And then once it start moving, they start telling me who I can have on my show and who I can't. And then I was like what It's like, yeah, we don't, we don't want I'm never gonna pull punches. Man, I'm dying soon, so whatever, I'm just saying. I'm just jo but uh, that was just telling me you can't have Bobby's murder. And I was like, and I was like, what do you mean I can bobably Well, he's not a somebody we really want here, and you know, da da da, and he's.
Speaker 2: Got a criminal record. I was like, so let's see, wait a minute. Half the rock artist you have have criminal records.
Speaker 1: Half the other people you have, so you're trying to signal this guy out.
Speaker 3: It was like, well, that's just, you know, our thing, and we don't want that. And I go, I'm going back and forth fighting, and I'm going back and forth.
Speaker 2: Mayan at three was the show.
Speaker 3: We're going back and forth, and I'm like, okay, So my publicist at least filmish, you know, recipeace, at least when I went to the hospital, she passed away. So she goes ripped. They're not gonna allow him to perform. They sent a straight no wow. So I go, okay, stop fucking respond to them. Tell him yes, we don't. Just stop responding. And so when I get in the garden, guess who the fuck is in the garden? And they look at me and I thought, we told you Bobby Smurder couldn't play.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, I got the email.
Speaker 1: I walk away and they look at me and go.
Speaker 2: They don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: So we all get in this room and like they put me in this room. And because before that I had an issue with getting in the arena for some reason, they told me I couldn't get in an arena. And mind you, it's my company, my face on the thing, and they go, well, you don't have the band, and I'm like, what band. It was like, well, you're supposed to get a band because they change over security. So if you do production, it's a band when you first get into loading, and there's another band for entertainers, right, So they're like, well you can't get in you have a band. So security treats me like total trash. They tell me I got to go out. I got it out, and I'm like, I'm.
Speaker 1: Reminchaeled remintsipate to have a ticket and yeah, and so then they was like and then they started pressing me more like So first it turned out to be like some kind of like oh okay.
Speaker 3: Then it went to like aggressive like and I'm like, okay, cool, So let me call everybody that's involved in this arena and let's all sit because we need to have a meeting.
Speaker 2: A sad.
Speaker 1: So I'm sitting there and I'm sitting there with like everybody in manage at the garden. I go, so, what did the money I gave you come with? That's the first thing I say, and they go, well, it comes with this, it comes with that. And I'm like, I just got one question. In that money I gave you, am I paying for security? And they go yeah.
Speaker 3: So I say, oh, so this dude that's being an asshole to me and his staff are getting paid by me, So I'm paying people.
Speaker 1: To treat me like shit.
Speaker 3: And I go well, I'm like, look at the guys, and I'm like, you harassed me, and I'm helping you feed your family, like I'm paying for you to be here. And I was like, I want an apology, that's right, And I was like, I'm not fucking apologize when nothing.
Speaker 2: I said, Yo, we.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do one of two things. I'm gonna argue with y'all. I don't have none of these going back and forth.
Speaker 3: I go, either they apologize, ah, they go, oh, and you relieve them, because what I'm not gonna do is pay a whole staff to treat me like shit, or because this is your reader, I'm gonna go out there and I'm gona we're gonna cancel this show, and I'm going to tell every single person hows treated.
Speaker 1: Then you go, you're not gonna fucking cancel the show. It's got twenty some thousand people out there. I was like, what you don't realize is those twenty two thousand people.
Speaker 2: Came to see me. I brought them here, that's right, and I did it in three weeks.
Speaker 3: You don't think I can walk out there, give everybody free T shirts and tell them to meet me at the Barclay Center next week.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm hmm. And then they laugh and I go, okay, Nick, put your ship on, let's go, Gorilla, let's go. Let's all get in the car.
Speaker 1: Go.
Speaker 3: I explain it to y'all later, and every single entertainer gets in their suv and starts to.
Speaker 2: M hm hmmm, and there go okay, go home, do you show?
Speaker 1: Yeah, send the security home. I'd have relieved them a sad time to go. Ain't no waycause I'm not gonna let someone dictate that's right.
Speaker 3: Treat me like ship number one, tell me who in my community, because I didn't.
Speaker 2: Have any contract that you could dictate who I bring. That's right.
Speaker 1: Bobby Murder went on killed it. Everybody had a good time, that's right. Shout out Bobby Schmurder. Man, and we played the garden right, that's right man. That you can't that's how. And we was respectful, and that's how you earn the respect of those two like you know what I mean, can't I'm paying your staff. You treat me like shit, and I'm supposed to just be like, okay, that's cool.
Speaker 2: You know who I am. Now, we're good. Hell no, everybody go home, man.
Speaker 1: And that's why I say when you said camaraderie has a team, I said all that to be like, that's.
Speaker 2: Right, the team man, to stay together.
Speaker 1: Man, we leave together.
Speaker 2: I didn't even have to explain what was happening.
Speaker 1: I was just because everybody with you, and that's how it's supposed to go. We come together, we leave together, man, Even though that just sounded like some Torretto fast and the Furious shit.
Speaker 2: One sound, we die together.
Speaker 1: But so what's next you know what I mean outside of I know you're dealing with you know, personal things in the life side. But what's next for RIP in the entertainment world. What can people be expecting next besides the Eightpril fourth Comedy Jam at the Barkley Center. Make sure you beat him there, don't meet him there, and if you're outside, he might let you in.
Speaker 3: First of all, my tickets started, so I keep my ticket. Man, When do you go see something for thirty dollars?
Speaker 1: Nothing cost thirty a bagup, but take the tips is thirty dollars now, so you better get your ass in there.
Speaker 3: Then thirty dollars already gonna give you a bag with nothing but airing it. And it's like ten dollars worth of chips. You don't got that gen you squeeze.
Speaker 1: You used to be the top. It's all air.
Speaker 3: Now it's all air, crabs all air. So now you're you're looking at the different things. So now I'm taking into another space. I'm taking into like I've shot three specials, I got two more specials coming out. I'm showing people the elevation. So now I'm stepping more from behind the scenes, like no one whatever I would never speak like this. I was always the person that you didn't even realize it was me who had a show. I used to put people in front of me just to stand there and be like, oh, that's the guy in charge, just because I didn't want people to need to that.
Speaker 1: That was never my goal. So now I got to take a chance at life. So I'm going to produce some great stuff. I got the Specials. I got a podcast with my wife called Connor Sor to Marry. I got a show that me and Erica Mien are doing. I got two different movies with fifty one twenty that were producing. And I'm starting to constantly, constantly just come up with content. And I got like five different tours coming out. So now it's not only just the wild Out tours. So April Fool's Comedy Jam, it's just Fooling Comedy Jam. It's the wild It's the One Wild Night, which is a little festival. We're stepping in the festival space and that's happened in September fifth in Atlanta, and we're doing sixty thousand people at the festival and I'm taking every rapper and every every comedian that I know and put them on one huge festival, and I'm making it for all ages. I want everybody to be able to come and have a great time and show that you don't you don't have to go over here and pay all this money.
Speaker 3: And then for our talent and our creativity and what we do that we can do these numbers and we can do this and change things. So the life I got left, that's what we're doing. So you're gonna see one Wild Night. You're gonna see the Off the Rip, you gonna see the crowd Work Special, another special I'm shooting at the Apollo. You about to say the Air Committed Project. You about to see the new Wild Out Tour. About to see fall Back and Love Tour like you know, Tiya might even come back and do.
Speaker 1: To y'all got a hot record. He might be on tour for another. That was the Barkler for That was the nigga said when they booed Toy because he called me out.
Speaker 3: I'm wantly saying that because he went on nineteen different podcasts and said rip st me able to get booed and I did not.
Speaker 2: I just want to clear that I did not do that.
Speaker 3: He said people didn't know he was doing music, and he was like, oh, they thought they was gonna sing.
Speaker 1: They know, they knew he was doing comedy.
Speaker 2: They listened.
Speaker 1: It just wasn't that night. And that's just what it is. I'm only saying it because it happens to all of us t T.
Speaker 3: But it happens to every single comedian. We all get booed. It just any given Sunday, everybody. I got booed as a rapper. I wasn't even a community a comedian and got booed. So it happens all of us.
Speaker 1: The boo happens, and it makes sure don't happens the youth practice. And if you want to come back to ya and do it again, I got that same bag of game seet last time.
Speaker 2: We would love to see you in Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: That's right, April Fool's Comedy Jam to return the Tiayo. I appreciate you pulling up my guy, and I wish you many many more years of life, success, blessings, health, and I pray that you get that heart transplant you're desperately waiting for.
Speaker 3: Man, you know what I'm saying, I'm gonna holler some of your boys. I could tell her by the way looking at me like, we got you ripped forty grand I meet you now.
Speaker 2: I can just tell they was like, oh, we got the bag. We were gonna make that happening.
Speaker 1: You're gonna live from Lee Avenue Club, the Lee Avenue Plug, come highlight for your crew.
Speaker 3: Then I could definitely know I'm gonna go after the bark lay and get the check. I'm coming back here, Joe Chill. I'm buying hearts and Chrome Heart jeans.
Speaker 1: Yo. You know what it is, y'all. It's rock solid podcast. It's Rip Michael's hair and we holding it down. Man. Do say for life, Rock for life, Stay silent, stay true. Yeah. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows at And you can follow me on any social media platform under the name Memphis Bleak. You see anybody fraud and flagging