Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and he.
Speaker 3: Arms My coffee maker was on the fritz at home, so I'm about to take my first sip of coffee of the day courtesy of the company's coffee machine.
Speaker 2: Well, very nice, this special feeling, isn't it. Man, That's just as good as I remember from yesterday. That's just as good. Live from studio scene. He said, your dilly lit room deeper.
Speaker 1: Than the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound. Today, Friday, we're under the tutelige of our general manager co general managers today Jack number one, Vladimir Putin number two, three point one, four, one, five, nine, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Pie It's National Pie Day. I always to prefer to go with twenty two seventh, since it's easier and shorter. One of the greatest inventions mankind ever came up with figuring out a number that would allow you to figure out the area of a circle.
Speaker 2: Brilliant.
Speaker 1: The guy who came up with it had to think, let me check that one more time. It's just too good to be true. Yeah, and it's named after the most delicious of desserts or a Greek letter. If you don't, yeah, I guess you haven't caught on. So today is March fourteenth, three one four, three one four the number we all we're all on board here, Yes, sorry, I should have explained ry clever easier, Thank you, Michael Easier in print. The fact that it's called pie and it helps you determine the area determine the area of a circle. It's just it's it's serendipity, it's it's it's God's harmony.
Speaker 2: It's it's something, you know.
Speaker 1: I was just thinking as I took my first sip of coffee the day and it hit me like it I mean, it hit me like not all the way there, but like a percentage of your baby being born, having sex, being on vacation, I mean, and it made me think that this is the only drug I'm addicted to that I take at this point in my life, a caffeine and you know, it's fairly mild. And we're gonna play a clip later of a drug addict on the streets of San Francisco and talk a little bit about these people and why they can't get their lives together or whatever. But a fentanyl is, you know, whatever, it is a million times this in terms of you need it so bad and when you finally get it.
Speaker 2: It's just, oh, thank god.
Speaker 1: You know, I understand because like this, I am really, really a lot happier now than I was five minutes ago from this zip of coffee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I my minor drug addiction. I hear you talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just endorphins. So on the other hand, axation. If drinking coffee was going to absolutely ruin my life, kill me, ruin my life, ruin other people's lives, I'd.
Speaker 2: Work pretty hard to quit it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure you have to, or society will take care of your every need.
Speaker 2: No, wait a minute, that's all. We were a little off here. Exactly. You have to quit.
Speaker 1: You better quit, or we'll provide you housing and food for the rest of your life, but make.
Speaker 2: It as easy as possible not to quit.
Speaker 1: So there, Well, they'll give you all the perfermalion you need to take the drugs, so you don't have to find it on your own, but we allow you to be completely lawless. But we might even provide the drugs and look the other way when you stealed by other stuff you want, but really thinking you need to quit. That's not an exaggeration either. That that little fanciful comedy skit you just heard is not even an exaggeration.
Speaker 2: It's the reality in some places. Yes, yeah it is.
Speaker 1: That was serious political commentary masquerating as a clever little comedy, an impromptu comedy skit. That reminds me at some point. Well, I'll give the example.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 1: There's a piece that appears in cal Matters. It's actually a letter to the editor from a so called queer parent in Sacramento, California, the capital of the great state of cal Unicornia. And this person, I don't have the verbage in front of me, says essentially the Gavin Newsom saying, yeah, it's unfair to have what he would call trans women, trans girls dudes in girls sports. You know, when he was talking to Charlie Kirk the other day on that podcast, and this person reacted saying that this was a travesty. He has abandoned the lgbt Q. I a barbecue over the power of three community, and it's akin to I can't remember genocide or wiping them off the map or killing them with his own hands. And at some point don't we have to look at a disconnect from reality that profound as a mental illness.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you think you.
Speaker 1: Guys saying yeah, it's probably not fair, is all of those things. And again I'll get the specific verbage because it's so over the top, it's cuckoo nuts. But that's a person who is unwell in their brain. And were you relating that to the attitude towards drug addiction or we well, yeah, I'm sorry, Yeah, yeah, I guess I assumed it was self evident. But you're right, it's not failure to recognize the plainly obvious dynamics of what's happening with drug addicts at this point. It's maybe not quite as cuckoo nuts, but it's I don't understand if you're at all familiar with any of the verbiage of addiction, including being an enabler and the rest of it, and tough love and all of it. How is how do we as a society, and at enormous expense, ignore all of that accumulated now just seems crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we'll probably talk about that more later.
Speaker 1: We're going to play some clips of a one guy interviewed on the street ventonl addic because.
Speaker 2: He had one bill too many in housing.
Speaker 1: He did talk about because rent is too high and he had Yeah, well he became a ventyl addic on the street. Yeah, that's hilarious that that's even a thing. We should start the show officially. Am I crazed being the first person even bringing this up. But just the government shutdown is not going to happen now, not that I care. I don't care. Shut it down, don't shut it down, whatever, shutdown for two ours, whatever, that makes no difference to me. I'll never remember it after it happens. They'll figure it out tomorrow morning. But it's most likely not going to happen now, I guess. I guesses.
Speaker 2: Whatever. That's enough of that. I'm still making preparations just in case.
Speaker 1: Sorry Fox and Friends in MSNBC, who've spent their entire three hours on it this morning.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's all I need of it. Michael.
Speaker 1: Your preparations include chains on your tires, I'm sure, and whate else boarding at my house when I see your wearing a helmet as well, so I apply what over your windows? Yeah, Gettlement shut down. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this it is Pie Day. It is March fourteenth, Her twenty twenty five. We are armed Arms Throng and Getty and we approve of this show.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's begin.
Speaker 1: Then officially, according to FCC rules and regulations, here we go leaping into action.
Speaker 4: Mat Mark, the federal government has set to shut down on Friday at midnight, so to make some quick cash, it's now PEPSI presents the Gulf of America.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: I just saw a headline. So today is Friday during Lent. You're not supposed to eat meat on Friday as a Catholics, particularly during Lent. But alligator meat is okay to eat, does count, does not count as meat. A ruling has come in from somebody. So if you're planning on, oh.
Speaker 2: Thanks signed alligators. When I was a kid, I don't know. They probably don't do this anymore.
Speaker 1: When I was a kid, even at our public school, they always had fish sandwiches on Friday to accommodate the people that didn't eat meat on Fridays. Yeah, yeah, which I didn't mind. I like a nice cod Sando didn't matter to me. They're probably gonna have a fish sandwich one of the days. The fact that he put it on Friday.
Speaker 2: Whatever. Does McDonald's even still have the fleo fish?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was just there the other day.
Speaker 1: I did not look. Maybe I'll have to go back today do more research. That was my order for ages when i'd go to McDaniels. I was a fish guy.
Speaker 2: Really, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If I've had an fof ever, I don't think so. Oh man, that was my go to Huh. I turned my nose up at the burgers right for the fish, which is probably every bit is unhealthy for some chemical reason. My son, my oldest son, announced last night he does not like beef and he is well, he's an orphan now, he's living on the streets. I kicked him out of the house. Don't tell his grandfather. We've got no kidding. Well, he just heard it because he listens. Hello, Mom and dad. So we got Kati's headlines on the way, we got mail bag this hour. We'll get you up to date on a little of the news. Well, for instance, why was Vladimir Putin our general manager? Oh, the quote unquote peace talks right and his I agree to the Sea Spire, depending on the details. Well, okay, that's that's a funny phrase. But we'll get into that and a bunch of other things. Here's our text line four one five nine five KFTC. I agree to the sea Spire. It just depends on the details. Oh okay, I got to remember that tact for future negotiations. Yeah, I agree to go to the ballet, Honey, it depends on the details. Got a lot to come, very exciting clips of the week, freedom of a quote of the day mail bag, Katie's got. Our headline is what the Let's do it right now? Is a fun look back of the week that was It's cow clips of the week, and.
Speaker 2: I guess we're gonna find out who was right.
Speaker 1: We're going to release the animal spirits to any other questions.
Speaker 2: Which of the week. Hello everybody, it's jav and say them Maritard local pronouns here in Ireland. Moved here in January fifteenth.
Speaker 5: I'm still battling with some of that guilt and that shame in that dysphoria that was projected onto me during that time.
Speaker 2: This is a tornado.
Speaker 6: Seek shelter immediately get under your desks, guys, anchors under the desks.
Speaker 7: Oh, I needed to cancel it before I got the service to get the discount.
Speaker 1: You're only eligible for the discount if you're uninsured.
Speaker 8: No president in modern American history has had a more eventful and consequential first seven weeks.
Speaker 7: Canada should honestly become our fifty first seed.
Speaker 2: It makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: The Canadians are always ready when someone else drops the gloves.
Speaker 8: President Trump has a clear message for those that are in our country illegally.
Speaker 4: Leave now.
Speaker 1: The consumer Price Index shows annual inflation at two point eight percent.
Speaker 2: Why are you expecting a reception this year? I hate to predict things like that.
Speaker 9: I'm not like a block.
Speaker 2: They just I won't delay. I have it's called flexibility. If you look at China, they have one hundred year perspective. We have a quarter. We go by quarters. And I think he's right about that.
Speaker 6: Our interest payments are higher than our defense department budget. That's I think was the real wake up culp for me, which is most of the federal spendings and titlements. That's that's like the big one to eliminate.
Speaker 1: Tesla is a perfect example, what we're calling the Tesla Chainsaw massacre.
Speaker 9: Musk says his social media platform acts or formerly on his Twitter, was hit by a cyber attack.
Speaker 1: A woman was arrested for throwing molotov cocktails at the dealership and spray painting the word Nazi on the cars.
Speaker 2: He didn't have to do this, He didn't have to go through this. Look on the right side. I mean, what you doing this?
Speaker 6: Boys?
Speaker 2: Looked on the right side of life. Elon's a very special person. He is a trust around Trump's. Now, now here's the bed news.
Speaker 7: I'm not allowed to drive because if I haven't driven a car in a long time.
Speaker 9: You've got to come down to White House, Tesla Auto Mall.
Speaker 2: I love Tesler.
Speaker 9: You gotta come down to White House Tesla Auto Mall.
Speaker 2: This is really amazing.
Speaker 1: That fake Tesla ad is so funny and it's got it's all computer, it's all computer. Let's bring that back. Let's play it early in the show. I thought it was late yesterday. Yeah, a little that next segment. If you haven't heard it, it's pretty good. Uh yeah, very very funny. Here's a quick question for you before we get into the headlines. The gal and other people who have been arrested for painting graffiti, but throwing molotov cocktails for a political reason. That is political terrorism by definition. Yeah, by the very legal definition. Will she be charged with that or some pittily ass a little you know, the hurling a flaming bottle in a commercial zone. Mister Reiner, Right, I wonder, All right, let's figure out who's reporting what.
Speaker 5: It's the lead story with Katie Green Katie, Hey, you guys, let's start with ABC. Schumer announces he'll vote to keep the government open, likely avoiding a shutdown.
Speaker 2: And I guess some Democrats.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm gonna call my children and tell them the national nightmares over. Yeah, you all enjoy gathering around the cable news station and listening to people talk about that.
Speaker 5: NBC Nearly one hundred protesters arrested after sit in at Trump Tower to demand release of Khalil.
Speaker 2: We watched that happen yesterday. It was all so performative. They sang and danced and had snacks and then lined up to be arrested by the police who were like barely paying attention. Also, it was all just a dance.
Speaker 1: You gotta send an eight foot barren with a big club, and clearly that place out the old way.
Speaker 2: This is why tower.
Speaker 1: And if they're just arrested and not arrested and charged, who cares. That's nothing, It's performative.
Speaker 2: As you said from the.
Speaker 5: Washington Post, Columbia expels the students over building takeover in pro Palestinian protests.
Speaker 1: So it looks like the Trump crowd pulled back four hundred million dollars of federal funding to Columbia because you're outside of our rules. And then Columbia expelled a whole bunch of those students, had closed down stuff, finding various people, all kinds of the things that a lot of us wanted to happen, and now they're going to get their four hundred million backs.
Speaker 2: So it looks like it worked.
Speaker 1: There is a lot of progress on the trying to bring sanity to the college's frontie. It's going to be long, long fight, as I've said many times, but yeah, this is absolutely progress.
Speaker 2: And what a lot of.
Speaker 1: These actions by the administration have done is they've empowered the sane people, the few sane people on campus to say, hey, he's right, this place is breaking down.
Speaker 2: Let's fix it. Love it. Love it. From USA Today.
Speaker 5: Ukraine says that Putin's response to US ceasfire plan is quote very predictable and manipulative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen so many headlines suggesting that it means something. Again, you know, it's a joke, but it's real. He has agreed in principle to the ceasefire. It just depends on the details.
Speaker 2: Means nothing, It doesn't mean anything. From Fox News.
Speaker 5: Hamas agrees to release a Don Alexander, the last living American.
Speaker 1: Hostage, and they're releasing five hostages for dead, one alive.
Speaker 5: From The Wall Street Journal Generation Xanax, The dark side of America's wonder drug.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I read this. I was going to bring it to everybody's attention a little bit later. On America's near automatic faith in turning to a pill. I'm on a variety at different topic. Makes valarian root look like a flimstone vitium vitamin.
Speaker 2: I would have been good if I could have said it. Yeah, good, idea, damn it? From page six.
Speaker 5: Tiger Woods secretly dating Vanessa Trump?
Speaker 2: Do you hear this? They're a good match. Vanessa Trump and Tiger Woods are a couple and have been for quite a while. Which one's Vanessa. I don't know, I don't know. I'm one of the hot ones. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: And finally the Babylon b NBA to allow Lebron James to play in Giant hamster Ball so other players can't touch him.
Speaker 2: That sounds about that. Oh wow, Yeah, I swear.
Speaker 1: The Trump family raises hot little girls like piglets.
Speaker 2: They have big.
Speaker 1: Barns full of them, and they bring them upright and turn them loose on the world. First of all, if you only procreate with supermodels, that helps the genetics. And then secondly, if you're not quite perfect, you start getting operations even in your teams to fixity flaws.
Speaker 2: So that's the way that works.
Speaker 1: We got a whole bunch of stuff on the way, including that fake Tesla ad which is pretty funny. Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 9: Going on now with the White House Tesla Auto Mall. It's the biggest sale of the year.
Speaker 2: Very safe, it's very strong, heavy, it's all steel. Staler's.
Speaker 9: Yeah, come on down to Pennsylvania Avenue just off Route twenty nine to get our best deal ever on a brand new Tesla.
Speaker 7: I want to make a good deal here if they have one, which is.
Speaker 2: Thirty five thousand dollars, which is pretty low.
Speaker 9: Get a model one with a different panel, and everything's computer. This is a different panel to Everything's computer. So don't waste your time going to those other Tesla dealerships with riots and flaming cyber trucks. You gotta come down to white House Tesla Auto Mall.
Speaker 2: I love Tesler.
Speaker 9: You gotta come down to white House Tesla Auto Mall.
Speaker 2: Everything's computer. That is funny.
Speaker 1: I was on a Tesla Reddit thread last night doing research on something, and the number of people that have to throw in a caveat apology for I bought my Tesla before and knew who Elon was, but I was wondering if you could you know that sort of thing have to throw in a little disclaimer because they're so ashamed. Yeah, I don't care what tribe you're in. I'm just asking about how to get more trouble out of the stereo, you know exactly.
Speaker 2: It's so tiresome. Ah. Speaking of business, I am struggling.
Speaker 1: To find someone of heft in the business community or an analyst who says, hey, this tariff thing, it's gonna work out great. Everybody's gonna really appreciate it. I'm not saying there's nobody, but I'm struggling to find that. Well, we got word jd Vance, He of the articulate tongue, has more or less explained from strategy, and we are going to play that for you in a moment or two. But first let's start with Jackie Heunrick in forty Michael.
Speaker 2: I didn't say we're not concerned. I'm not concerned about a little bit of volatility.
Speaker 1: Over three weeks, another day of market turbulence.
Speaker 10: Investors unnerved as twenty five percent tariffs and foreign aluminum.
Speaker 1: And steel went into effect, prompting protest from the European Union.
Speaker 2: We call them the US to immediately revoke.
Speaker 10: The terraces and retaliation, the EU imposing its own charges on American imports, including bourbon.
Speaker 1: Here's Senator and noted lawn debris scatterers, Rand Paul in forty one.
Speaker 7: The tariff wars are a big mistake and not good for my state. From bourbon distillers to car manufacturers, to the maker's of fences, to the builders of homes, to our farmers, Nobody in Kentucky's coming up to me and say, please put tariffs on things.
Speaker 1: Horse meat, exporters in Kentucky. I'm assuming, right, But so you've got it. As always with any issue, it's tough to find a a fair broker on their thoughts because politicians have to show they're reacting to people's immediate needs. Wall Street or the stock market reacts to business's quarterly needs. And Trump's play is very long term, like decades. Maybe, so that's the way it needs to be discussed, but it's hard to find anybody wants to discuss it that way, right, And it's difficult to find a political analyst. And I'm one hundred percent open to this notion because I love the idea of thinking beyond the next election, actually planning for the future in a way that benefits America. But I can't find many, if any political analysts who say yes in spite of Trump's extremely short runway because it'll be out office in you know, three and a half years roughly. A super long term play will work for these reasons, because the problem is, as much as I might want them to work, it won't bear enough fruit to gain public support in the time he has, or perhaps even the time he and his successor have. But again, I've got a completely open mind about this stuff. I'm just I'm not I'm not finding that answer. Well, and help if the Trump White House stopped saying things that are completely ridiculous, like we're going to pay off the deficit with this or things.
Speaker 2: Like that that laughable.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Well, and then there's the circul circular logic of well, you've pointed out the fentanyl thing is just a pretext. This really doesn't have anything to do with punishing people for fentanyl. It's country specifically. It's just about restructuring trade. One more forty four. This is Vickynwinn on NBC.
Speaker 10: Between new steel and aluminum tariffs and twenty five percent tariffs on auto imports from Mexico and Canada set to start in April. One estimate says car prices could soon increase by as much as twelve thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: WHOA, that's a good example of how the media operates.
Speaker 2: One estimate, right.
Speaker 1: I estimate it'll pick them up by fourteen thousand dollars. Really quote me now, right, So they're going for the most exciting number they can. It's like weather forecasts. They never underestimate how bad storms are going to be. But there's a damn good chances you've been saying now for a couple of weeks that these new prices set in and everybody's like, holy crap.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well absolutely gone here.
Speaker 1: Well and particularly if the trade war endoors for more than a couple of weeks, right, Yeah, exporters and manufacturers.
Speaker 2: Are going to get murdered in the short term.
Speaker 1: But again Trump's saying long term, and I'm not pooh poohing the idea of a horizon price of car car prices because aluminum steel are incredibly important to manufacturing cars, and we get most of it from or a lot of it from over six cars there could wow wow, bring back it's the woodie surf in USA. Man, good times anyway. Ah, but it will have an effect, no doubt. So setting the scene by describing all of the angst here he is the eloquent, the educated, the articulate JD.
Speaker 2: Vans.
Speaker 8: First of all, I think the President's been very clear he wants to impose tariffs on foreign importers because he wants to bring investment and jobs back to the United States of America. So what I'd say to those business leaders is, I think the President has actually been quite clear about what he wants to accomplish. Build more in the United States of America, invest more in the United States of America, raised wages for workers in the United States of America, and you don't have to pay these tariffs at all. There is, as the President has said, a recognition that we have to accept, which is that, Look, Joe Biden left this economy in a disaster. He ran the highest peacetime deficits we've ever had in this country. He left us with a significant debt crisis. And the President has come in and said, look, we have to accomplish a lot of things simultaneously. We have to bring down inflation, which I think we're making some good progress on. We have to actually ensure critical government services like social Security and the military function for the American people. And we also have to force businesses to invest more, not overseas, not in Chinese workers, but in American workers.
Speaker 1: So Mark Alpern wrote in his newsletter today that was one of Vance's best moments as a vice president so far. Trying to explain the tariffs to Maga, Wall Street and the suburbs. He doesn't, you know, maybe politically you just can't get into the long term pain.
Speaker 2: It would take yeah, to accomplish this. Yeah, he threw in.
Speaker 1: You know, we're doing a good job battling inflation. There is nobody, but nobody who doesn't say, even if this is a good idea and it works, it will drive up prices significantly for a very long time.
Speaker 2: Wow. You know, the.
Speaker 1: The persuadables, as they call him, the chunk of the country. However big it is that kind of goes by gas prices and grocery prices and that sort of stuff, and that's how they vote. They don't have any other ideology. Man, they could turn fast. Yeah, yeah, and again. As a guy with an open mind on this stuff, and I understand how globalization has failed American workers, and you've gotten us intertwined with the evil Chinese in a way that is completely unhealthy. So I would like this stuff to work in a good way. But there's just no arguing with the idea that globalization as we knew it for the last fifty years has brought us cheap goods, and uncoupling from that, even in a smart way, even partially, will raise the price of goods. It will make life more expensive, It will raise inflation, it will cause some pain in the pocket book, and I just wonder. I wonder a if it'll work at all, and b if the American people will put up with the it's like a version of an austerity plane that's necessary to get it up and going.
Speaker 2: I just don't know.
Speaker 1: And this is more this is still somewhat theoretical as opposed to like I was listening to a podcast yesterday, were talking about Reagan gave a big speech in the early eighties when he came in and they just jacked up interest rates like crazy because inflation was so high. And he gave a speech about how this is the way to kill off inflation. It's going to be brutal for a while, you know, hang with it and it'll bring down inflation. And his approval rating went way down there in his first term, but it worked. It killed off inflation, and then the economy roared, and you know, he won forty nine states a couple of years later. But killing off inflation you can do pretty fast raising interest rates the way they did restructuring the global economy versus China, Can you do it at all?
Speaker 2: And how long would it take? Is it well?
Speaker 1: And versus Canada and Mexico and France and England. I mean, it's not all the evildoers. It's a lot of our best buddies. And yeah, I just And if it's the idea is moving toward reciprocal tariffs or no tariffs, which is sometimes the reasoning the White House gives, then we'd be negotiating that as opposed to just putting huge tariffs on and explaining how that's going to balance the budget and bring manufacturing back. Which of those goals is it? Because those are two very different goals. I need to talk to my dad about this. He follows economics a lot more than I do. Dad, I'm gonna call you today and talk to you about tariffs, so be prepared. That'll be you know, and the grandkids TIFFs are mostly tariffs.
Speaker 6: Just you know.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to figure out, are are there magas in the stock market who are willing to feel like, yeah, this is a good long term play. I don't know if you make long term plays when you're eighty seven, Dad, but are there people out there, you know that are super maga that uh.
Speaker 2: Think I'm in? I'm in.
Speaker 1: I understand the long term restructuring of the world economy. It's going to take a while, right right, right? Uh, you know it, man, I don't because I don't want to be knee jerk negative for a number of reasons here, because I like the idea of on shoring a lot of critical industries, and we need to recognize the restructuring of the world, because it's just happening, whether you like, whether you recognize.
Speaker 2: It or not. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: The concern I have, which I have not fully articulated until this moment, is that we will go through a process of enduring the short term pain disruption and and you know however bad that pain is, and then abandon the plan and not get the long term benefit from it. Right, undergo the painful procedure and die anyway, right, I'm trying to think of some examples. Doesn't really need one, because that that spells out pretty good. Because there's lots of things you do in life, like you you know, yeah, you take maybe you're taking ozimpic and trying to lose weight or something like that. But if you don't, you know, follow through on various things, it doesn't make any difference. Thinking about people who take legal or illegal ways to like grow muscle, but don't work out. So they take this stuff, but they don't actually work out, and so you get all the way downside with this shrunken testicles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get all the downside with none of the upside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see. It's gonna be fun to watch. And no, no, it's not gonna be fun to watch. You gonna be miserb No, on a strictly academic level. Yes, uh, if you're like crazy independently wealthy, yeah, it'll be interesting. Well for the rest of us, well, imagine the way the media is going to handle it. If cars go up six thousand dollars a car on average or more, imagine the way the media is gonna hammer that well. Yeah, and that's why I'm so painstakingly trying to sound neutral on this, and I am neutral on this, is because they will stoke up fear they're already doing it as fast and as hot as they can downplay any benefits completely, they'll be completely dishonest.
Speaker 2: At every moment. March madness is in full sway.
Speaker 1: Brackets get to set up on Sunday just to came across some information about legal gambling all across the country, which is a fairly new thing in the gazillions of dollars we all spend on it, and what all that means. Maybe we'll talk about that a little bit later as you head into March Madness weekend.
Speaker 2: We've got mail bag on the way. Stay here. So it's Friday.
Speaker 1: I drove to work on Friday, like I always do on Friday's jam and music instead of listening news. I had Tom Petty blaston and was really enjoying myself everything like that. So it's surprising to me that I'm saying this, but I just read an article in the Wall Street Journal about a department in the US government that is probably one you don't know anything about and I don't know anything about, and it's probably what has made you miserable more than practically anything else in your life. And the Trump the crowd is trying to reform. And it's really interesting. We all, I mean, even those of us who pay close attention, understand so little about what is going on in our contrillion dollar government. I would agree. I've got another example of that we can squeeze in Next Hour. I hope you can get next Hour if you don't grab the podcast Armstrong and get on demand.
Speaker 2: Here's your freedom love and quote.
Speaker 1: Of the day, taking a break from our series from Teddy Roosevelt because I love John's quote from Mark Dwain that he just sent along. The two most important days of your life are the day you were born and the day you've found out why. The day you've found out why. And we're not talking sperm meats egg. We're talking about the purpose of your life interesting the day you figure out, Hey, this is why I'm here. If you have not yet made that discovery, I wish you god speed on your journey.
Speaker 2: People, medium amusement on the radio. Is that why I'm here?
Speaker 1: That's roughly yes, Yes, Mailbag drop us note mail bag at Armstrong and Geeddy dot com is the email address.
Speaker 2: Matt Middiful, Palm Desert.
Speaker 1: Kelly ni Courneya says, guys, just listening to the One More Thing podcast.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: We have our Armstrong and getting on demand Armstrong Getting One More Thing.
Speaker 2: It's all kind of more or less the same. By the way, they're in Palm Desert.
Speaker 1: You can listen live on our We're gonna be on in Bakersfield soon, so uh yeah, yeah. We have a handful of stations to that part of the state. Yeah, it's fabulous, thank you. It's an honor to be on all of them anyway. So yeah, dig the One More Thing podcast. Sometimes there are swears on it, and he said, made me realize what a wonderful time to be alive during you guys broadcasting. Then he says stuff even nicer than that. That's kind of embarrassing. But Matt, I've read it, I've embraced it. I'll sleep with your note under my pillow.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the kind words.
Speaker 1: Well, Zach, on the other hand, you got Tim Will right here at Armstrong and getting We take a backseat to no one in our climate change ignorance. That's why we totally embrace the environments worst enemy, Lee Zelden, the new head of the EPA, who will swiftly return us to the golden age of toxins and assorted pollutants. Now, of all the rotten appointments of this ministration, this one stinks more than any of them. Soon we'll be masking up again, but it won't be for COVID, dumb and dumber ak a ang.
Speaker 2: Because you're gonna do away with electric car.
Speaker 1: Mandates, among other things. Yeah, Yeah, I enjoy timse emails. He hates us and politics, but he still listens. Thank you Tim. A note from Zach here, Valerian sucks. We've been talking about Valerian root this week. Two of the greatest nights of sleep I've ever had. But then it's like being drugged all day long. Katie almost died her heart racing. We don't know if it's the Valarian root, but we suspected. Yeah, let's see, he writes, and apologies for the mild obscenities here. It gives you weird ass dreams and can be liver toxic, and additionally all the weird side effects like giving Katie's heart a panic attack.
Speaker 2: My recommenation works pretty well for me. Is a terrible sleeper?
Speaker 1: Is magnesium, glysonate, kast and nine and melatonin. You can find supplements that have all of them. Apparently I took magniqium last time. But the melatonin I worry because then then does your brain stop producing the amount of melatone and he used to, and you end up always having to take melatonin.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm concerned about. I do not know.
Speaker 1: Let's see, do we have time for this? Oh, Okay, Greg writes, guys about the guy who was shot by his dog. Can't believe you haven't figured out the real story. The girl in his bed shot him. Then they blamed it on the dog, like people do after passing gas.
Speaker 2: So why would he go along with that story?
Speaker 1: Well, obviously because he is a guy, and I can't read that because you know it's the girl in his bed. He wants her to come back, even though she shot him in the leg.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I kind of suspected that that there's something along those lines at the beginning, and they they had to avoid some sort of federal gun charges. Blame it on the dog. Yeah, then two great emails we don't have time for. Have to squeeze them in next hour. I lost my head, You lost your head, we'd been drinking.
Speaker 2: You shot me.
Speaker 1: Let's blame it on the dog, right exactly. Hey you're hot, I'm kinda hot. Let's let's see if we can patch this thing up, or at least someone willing to have sex with meh. If you miss a segment of the podcast, or I'm strong and get you on demand more on the win Armstrong and Getty