Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report. The company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenovak, Romain Bostick, and Scarlet Food.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go to some of the individual gainers. Katie, you mentioned Walmart. It is your number one gainer in the S and P five hundred today, finishing just off its best levels of the session, up six and a half percent. Company world's largest retailer, as you know, raising its full year sales and profit outlook. So it's a sign that Walmart is wruinning over priced sensitive shoppers while absorbing rising costs. The upbeat outlook driven by strong e commerce performance and a wide assortment of products, including luxury items like pre owned Chanel bags, which I had no idea that they were, so, I know, did you know this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I read that in our story. It might surprise you. I'm not really on the market for the armed shata.
Speaker 3: Well if you're thinking about peak love anyway. So Walmart definitely a now perfect given experiences that's actually really loving to regeneron that one. Up about four point nine percent in today's session, that folks number two gainer in the S and P five hundred, and I think it was also a top gainer in the Nasdaq one hundred. That one, as I mentioned, up as much as seven percent, but finishing the day just shy of a five percent gain. It was halted last night. You might recall about twenty four hours ago after the close late yesterday and then today the stock rallying after the FDA approved a higher dose of Ailiah. I believe it said to treat patients with macular adma following retinal vein inclusion. I'm not a doctor, don't play one on TV. But nonetheless this was seen as a good sign in terms of indications for that drug and also leering partners coming out and saying that this from Regeneron is on a better footing compared to a rival drug from Roche following the approvals. One more name I want to mention shoot cipher Mining was up twenty percent at its high today. It did finish down four tens seven percent, So I'm really sorry about that one I did.
Speaker 4: I didn't understand.
Speaker 3: Cipher mining was a twenty percent at rally big time today. This was after it's a six billion dollar market cap bitcoin minor and data center operator.
Speaker 4: It signed an eight hundred.
Speaker 3: And thirty million dollar eight AI hosting agreement with fluid Stack blah blah blah blah, with additional backstop from Google, but apparently by the end of the day investors weren't impressed.
Speaker 4: Sorry about that.
Speaker 3: That's kind of a welcome to my world.
Speaker 4: The decliner's Carol Master was.
Speaker 3: A gainer, now a decliner over to doom.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, let's start with Nvidia, the big one today, finishing down close to three percent on the day. Today, shares initially climb more than five percent after stronger than expected revenue forecast. The rally faded though, as investors worried about AI spending and it first investors liked what they saw it late yesterday early today, at least with revenue and guidance for the data center division, but as remain said earlier, concerns when it comes to inventory build up and accounts receivab well once again, shares closing down close to three percent.
Speaker 1: Add a honorable mention out of that. There was a huge downdraft today in sand Disk. I remember that big run up that we saw you know I wasn't going to get to that. Oh I don't know, were you?
Speaker 4: No? Okay, anyway, you got me on that.
Speaker 1: But no, I mean we talk about a twenty percent drop today, but really, I mean it's down like thirty percent since they hit that all time high. Just what I think it was like last week or the week whatever, well never November twelve was. But it gets to this idea that a lot of people are saying that now you're starting to see weakness in the memory makers now being dragged down by some of the issues going on with the broader AI trade.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sand Disc shares ended up falling today by more than twenty percent, but usually Romaine, you saved the honorable mentions for when I'm done with all three. But this was a really important one.
Speaker 4: Thanks for coming that out.
Speaker 5: Strategy, the company formerly known as micro Strategy, shares took a hit today. The company now faces the risk of being dropped from benchmark industry such as MSCIUSA and NASDAQ one hundred. Shares today fell by more than five percent. JP Morgan Chase analysts out with a note or earlier this week that warned that exclusion from major indices could lead to a loss of liquidity, higher funding costs, and decreased investor appeal. The decision on inclusion comes January fifteenth, as much as two point eight billion dollar potentially exiting if MSCI moves ahead with exclusion. Now at its peak, the markets capitalization for strategy sort of of the value of its holdings, But the premium that's been there for so long with Strategy has pretty much vanished right now, So the valuation is really around how much crypto it actually has in its reserves right now, and that's a sign that investor belief is thinning quickly. And finally, Bath and Bodywork shares took a tumble today, at one point down more than twenty percent and closing the day down twenty four percent to the downside. This after the company cut it's full yeardjusted earnings per share forecast. It cited negative consumer sentiment.
Speaker 1: Remain all right, Let's take a look at the yield space here, the entire yield curve on this day taking a bit of a shift lower, but that is not necessarily a broad endorsement of conviction that rates by the Fed are going to come down four to five basis points lower.
Speaker 4: Here across the Treasury curve.
Speaker 1: But still when you look at the applied probability on the Bloomberg terminal of a rate cut at the fed's December tenth decision, still a bit of a split decision right now based on what people are betting on.
Speaker 2: This stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.