Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jettie and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: Nearly one third of Americans think they could pass themselves off as British.
Speaker 2: The other two thirds go to the dentist.
Speaker 1: What all right, Hi, y'all do? And we're gonna talk immigration a little bit here. There's some new pulling out and I got an interesting story about how, in some cases definitely going too far in booting people out. I don't like hearing those stories because I feel like, to a certain extent they cherry picked the worst examples out there and blow them up to being the whole thing.
Speaker 2: We do have.
Speaker 1: Key facts out Yeah, we have millions and millions of the people here illegally. What do you want to do about it? Hey, Congress, do something, write a law or something. And they keep going back to what other laws would you like to ignore? I mean, if you're okay with just letting it stay the way it is, I mean, what kind of a system is that?
Speaker 2: Any who.
Speaker 1: Tom Holman, he's a guy that's been leading the charge on this for the Trump administration. He got heckled by somebody who he's given a speech the other day. He said this, If.
Speaker 3: ICE officers are racists for enforcing the law, what's that make members of Congress?
Speaker 4: They wrote the damn law.
Speaker 1: If ICE members are racists, the person had screamed, the ICE members are racists?
Speaker 2: What the heckle was? Instead?
Speaker 1: If ICE members are racist for enforcing the law, what is Congress for writing the law?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 1: What is a government agency that is designed to enforce that particular law? I don't know what they're supposed to do. It is complicated. And then I just wanted to get this on because it's kind of fun. We got Alligator Alcatraz down there in Florida. They op it up while I was while I was doing my long bike ride in the Everglades down in Florida, they were opening up just a couple of miles away. It even has a sign outside of it says out Alligator Alcatraze. It's a big chain link thing, and they're sending detainees illegals, some of them probably criminal, bad guys, some of them just a gardener who'd been here a long time. I don't know. And now you're in a cage surrounded by alligators? Is that what we want?
Speaker 4: It's a facility, a cage. What are you aoc over here?
Speaker 1: I saw the pictures and let's say when the pictures I saw sure made it look very cage like.
Speaker 4: It's protective to keep the alligators out. Do you want these poor people eating in the night? No, you don't.
Speaker 2: It's all about you know how you shade it. Like I remember.
Speaker 1: Talking about when my kids were little and you put them in a crib, it's a cage. When they're too little to climb out, it might as well have a lid on it because they're they're physical strength keeps them from climbing over.
Speaker 2: You put your kids in a cage at night?
Speaker 4: Right, you do? It's absolutely true? And then I remember as they grew to toddlerhood and could scramble out, you asked whether it would be ethicalt to put a lid on.
Speaker 1: It, and why wouldn't it be? And you know it would not play well in the news. Jack Armstrong, known Trump supporter, puts his kids in cages. Cages wouldn't be cool. In fact, if you find a kid in a cage, it's like a horrifying story. But if they couldn't get out of their crib when they were lot, but now they can, and you put a lid on it, so they still can't get out.
Speaker 2: I don't understand the difference. Anyway, I'm off track here.
Speaker 4: People did send us pictures of old timey cribs, though they had lids exactly.
Speaker 1: So this president's got a top on it, so you know, see, you don't get out. The top is chained link. Usually it's a roof like you're looking like I'm looking at it right now. I don't know what's the difference. AnyWho. A bunch of Democrats went and looked at Alt Gator Alcatraz, and they are horrified about it. Here's Debbie Wasserman Schultz, who I've been annoyed by for decades.
Speaker 2: Here she is, there are really disturbing, vile conditions. This place needs to be shut the hell down.
Speaker 4: There you go because it's all right? Man? Is she an annoying human being? She is utterly dishonest.
Speaker 1: So some new polling came out that is getting a fair amount of attention, the lead number being that the biggest number ever recorded by Gallup. Think that immigration is a good thing. It's now at seventy percent of Americans think immigration or I'm sorry, it's a seventy nine percent, seventy nine percent, let's call it eighty eighty percent. A record high eighty percent of US adults say immigration is a good thing for the country. This is being portrayed as and it's up from like fifty five a couple of years ago. I think what's going on there is just people finally coming to the understanding of the difference between immigration and illegal immigration.
Speaker 2: We're fine, we took us this long to get here.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think as it's become a big topic in society, more people realize you're supposed to say, Look, I'm in favor of immigration, right, it's not illegal immigration. So everybody's making clear, yes, it's fine if good, smart, hardworking people who we let in want to come here, of course, right.
Speaker 1: And so the news media is trying to continue the conflating of the terms by acting like, how could I sert the Trump administration being wanting to remove illegals when a record eighty percent of Americans.
Speaker 2: Think immigration is a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, legal immigration is a good thing. It's always been popular. Legal immigration. The problem we have, I can't even finish the sentence. I know, it's just so depressing that it is even a topic.
Speaker 2: What do you want to do?
Speaker 4: Discouraging that a distinction that obvious and stupid would have to be made over and over again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I thought it was interesting that a Pew pole and this is in June. We're in July now, but most recent Pew poll found Americans evenly split over the administration's use of state and local law enforcement officers and its deportation dragnet and all that sort of stuff, evenly split as of mid June.
Speaker 2: It might have gone down from there. I don't know, but.
Speaker 1: I wanted to get this story on the Oh, by the way, I thought this number was pretty good.
Speaker 2: A plurality of Hispanic adults.
Speaker 1: Thirty nine percent said they wanted immigration levels to decrease, only thirty percent of the general public. Significantly more Hispanics want immigration to go down than the general public.
Speaker 4: Because they're in the communities and have the jobs that are being most affected by the flood of illegals, which depress wages. It's amazing how much agreement there is on this topic and how normal people are absolutely able to make those distinctions that we're talking about. It's really just the media and politicians who are trying to, you know, get what they want to get, who smear these distinctions as if the rest of us don't get it either. It's a giant failure of democracy.
Speaker 1: But somebody texts A person I'm friends with texted me this story because it's somebody they actually know, and I thought this was interesting and worth noting. They now have a go fundme going for this, dude, Eric, let me read their GoFundMe. Today, Eric was taken by ice. One of our best friends, Desiree, and I assume I can read this go fund me is are public?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of our best friends, Desiree and Eric are in an emergency. What happened today to her husband Eric is not justice. It's a devastating failure of a broken immigration system.
Speaker 2: Boy. Anybody who denies our system is broken is full of it.
Speaker 1: Eric is thirty eight years old and has lived in the United States since he was eleven, and he's spent over two decades here working, building a life, paying taxes, contributing to his community, and showing up every single time for his scheduled immigration check ins. And yet during his most recent routine check in with ICE, he was suddenly taking into custody and is facing deportation because he is not a citizen. He had been trying to obtain legal citizenship all those decades, showing up till all the things you're supposed to show up to, paying taxes, do and everything you're supposed to do, and showed up for the most recent check in, got apprehended, is now going to be deported or at least that looks like the track he's on it. And so they have a GoFundMe to try to get legal fees to try to fight that. But I don't see how you can possibly be think that that's a good thing.
Speaker 4: Right right, The only answer would be we're just rounding everybody else, everybody up and shipping amount because it's just it's too many, it's too complicated, These distinctions would take too long, so we're just going blanket. We're just going willy nilly. The problem is you'll lose political support in a big hurry, and there's always a backlash to excess if you go too far in deporting the erics of the world. And again, we beat torture and take the money from anybody who dares to try to follow the rules in our immigration systems. You want to talk about mistreatment of people, But anyway, if we go too far, there will be a backlash. And this is my argument to Magnation and our fellow pro enforcement crowds. If we go too far, there will be a backlash and another Joe Biden will come in and the border will be open again. We've got to at least be semi smart about who we deport and how Steven Miller doesn't have a sense of that. I don't think I think he's an extremist. I appreciate him being there. He's the gas pedal. We need to make sure got somebody on the brakes.
Speaker 1: I'm quite sympathetic to the kick them out if they're illegal.
Speaker 2: That's the law. As I've been saying, that's the law.
Speaker 1: It's with a law you don't like it, change the law, right, And I get that because an exception. For the erics of the world, it's a it's another example of the left did something they shouldn't have done, and then when you try to get it back to normal, you're the bad guy, right, And there's so many examples of it. They put porn in your library, and then when you try to get it out, you're the book banner.
Speaker 2: Well, Joe Biden, let more.
Speaker 1: A mass migration than has ever happened in human history, happen almost entirely illegally, and then when you try to fix it, you're the bad guy because how you're going to fix it without examples like this guy.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know what. I honestly don't know what the answer is.
Speaker 1: I do think the one after the employers seems like the best idea. Is that just a non starter, because you know, big companies control the Republican Party so much and the Democratic Party.
Speaker 4: Both parties. Yeah, yeah, yeah, the Yeah, the super giants who depend on that labor are going to quietly behind the scenes say uh uh.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure how much different that would be for the guy like Eric, he's working somewhere as an illegal. If all of a sudden the company said we got to let you go, we can't have illegals here anymore, they're cracking down, then Okay, I've been here, I've been doing this for twenty years. Yeah, now I can't work anymore.
Speaker 4: Well, And there have been solutions that sort of problem before was it under the Bush administration? Or look, you've been the country x amount of time, you've kept your nose clean, you paid your taxes, pay a fine, pay this fee, and here's your green card and your path citizenship whatever. And and the problem on a lot of right America is that every time we say, okay, that seems reasonable, that seems fair. Now, let's enforce the security at the border and anybody sneaks in illegally with kick him out. Okay, okay, sign here, sign here. And then a Joe Biden comes in and an Alejandro Mayorcis and they lay the border open again with all the horrors that have ensued. It's it is again a massive failure of bureaucracy. Frustrating.
Speaker 2: So we've been waiting for it to happen. It just did.
Speaker 1: Trump is meeting with the NATO Secretary General and has made his big announcement on.
Speaker 2: Back in Ukraine. And we'll have the details next state.
Speaker 1: So Trump was announced we are going to send weapons systems to Ukraine. We're not paying for him. We'll figure out what all that means when we hear from Trump. Coming up next segment, speaking.
Speaker 4: Of deals being made, the best deals in America right now, used EVE price is a plunge. I don't borrow people to Yeah, I especially want you're cooling electrical vehicle market.
Speaker 2: I don't want.
Speaker 1: To get in trouble for I don't know, can I get in trouble for this? The I mean it's true for all electric vehicles, but especially your non Tesla electric vehicles.
Speaker 2: I just think it.
Speaker 1: You know, the Rivian's supposed to be a really good car, but what makes you think that's going to exist in five years? And what's your car gonna be worth then when that come? You know, if you want to get a new whatever part or anything, right, I just can't imagine how they will exist in a few years, any of them, but certainly the non Tesla ones.
Speaker 4: Used EV sales top to one hundred thousand for the first time in the second quarter of this year, rare bright spot for the EV industry, lackluster demand looming elimination of federal tax credits. Sales for new evs fell in each of the last three months, and used EV prices fell nearly thirty two percent from twenty three, twenty twenty three to twenty twenty four, nearly thirty two percent. That's almost ten times the drop in gas powered car prices, according to an automotive research I'm waiting.
Speaker 1: For those lucids that cost a quarter of a million dollars to get down to where I can afford one.
Speaker 2: That's the car I want.
Speaker 4: It might be soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: Last year the average TV cost around thirty nine hundred, in line with the average used gas car, even though new evs sell for seventeen thousand, three hundred dollars more than a comparable gas model on average. One thing that's interesting is they go into the which saves you more money over the course of ownership or over the course of a year.
Speaker 1: I've never paid any attention to that. I didn't buy an electric car for that, but I guess that was originally that was the selling point on electric cars, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: New electric vehicles cost about eight hundred dollars more a year to own than gas powered cars when factoring in fuel, maintenance, insurance, and fees, but removing the cost of depreciation results in a savings of more than nine hundred annually versus a gas car, according to Triple A Data. Huh, so do you increde include depreciation? I suppose you should.
Speaker 1: I I'm but serious, Like, if you own a car, it could be any kind of car, but the electric cars are much more likely to like go out of business. If you own a car and that company's completely out of business, what is your car worth? I wouldn't think it'd be worth hardly anything, because who's going to buy a vehicle that that company no longer exists?
Speaker 4: Nobody?
Speaker 1: I would thereby, because where the hell would you take it to get?
Speaker 2: If you can have you can.
Speaker 4: Have you know, ev specialists down the street. It's like, you know, European car you know specialists doesn't exist yet and I don't anticipate it. But the parts is going to be the issue damned question. Yeah, yeah, i'd say. And the everybody's got their own such.
Speaker 1: Unique software situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Speaking of modern products and other economic story for you, Chinese vape companies are flooding the market, avoiding billions of dollars in tariff duties the Chinese. Keeping in mind every company in China is sworn by the laws to answer to the Communist Party if they ever pick up the phone. Chinese vape companies that manufacture disposable e cigarettes are on pace to avoid more than two billion dollars in tariffs on the goods this year alone. The teriff of agent scheme is possible possible because China effectively smuggles disposable vaping devices into the US by mislabeling them as toys, electronics, and even shoes. Uh. China exported about four billion dollars worth of e cigarettes to the US last year. Wow.
Speaker 1: So Trump says one hundred sent tariff on Russia in however many days. We'll get to the details on this. He's coming strong at Putin. He's tired of Putin jerking him around. And we'll get the details coming.
Speaker 4: Up, Neck Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: One of the reasons that you hear today is t here that we are very unhappy I am with Russia. But we'll discuss that maybe a different day. We're very very unhappy with him, and we're going to be doing very severe tariffs if we don't have a deal in fifty days. A tariff said about one hundred percent, to call him secondary tariffs.
Speaker 2: You know what that means? No, Actually I don't.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: Trump's big announcement that he started teasing on Friday, and he got teased by a number of people on the talk shows yesterday. Lindsey Graham, he's gonna announce it tomorrow. It's gonna be big. I don't want to get ahead of it. Lindsey Graham kept saying, I'll let Trump announce this, but it's gonna be huge. I mean, it's gonna get people's attention. And maybe it is huge. But men, Trump laid it out in a very non showmany way for a guy who's, you know, a showman. Nobody does show biz better than him as a politician, but he just kind of dripped and dripped it out in front of the fireplace there in the Oval office. Let's hear one more Trump clip then we can get into some of the details.
Speaker 2: And we've made a.
Speaker 3: Deal today and I'm going to have Mark speak about it, but we've made a deal today where we are going to be sending them weapons and they're going to be paying for them.
Speaker 2: The United States will.
Speaker 3: Not be having any payment made. We're not buying it, but we will manufacture it and they're going to be paying for it. Our last meeting of a month ago is very successful in that they agreed to five percent, which is more than a trillion dollars a year. So they have a lot of money. And these are wealthy nations. They have a lot of money, and they want to do it. They feel very strongly about it.
Speaker 1: So Trump promises giant tariffs in do you say fifty days, Yeah, if they don't agree to a cease fire.
Speaker 4: Scrolling through the breaking news coverage of this, Lindsey Graham has co sponsored to bipartisan bill that would hit the Russian economy hard in hopes of pressuring Moscow to end the war.
Speaker 1: All right, that's been going on for weeks now, and there are eighty other senators signed onto it and they're just waiting for Trump to push it.
Speaker 2: But he didn't mention that.
Speaker 1: I thought I kind of thought that that was going to be his big announcement today. Yeah, Axios is reporting yesterday that the weapons include offensive weapons like rockets or missiles that could reach clear to Moscow. But that's a could. Trump didn't say for certain, So I don't know. This is not as clear cut an announcement as I was expecting in the build up.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, maybe there's more to come.
Speaker 1: I don't Maybe he's sitting there with the NATO Secretary General and Okay, well, I guess that's that for now.
Speaker 2: Did we have we discussed the gen Z stare? Did we have that? Did we talk about that already?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't remember where I came across this, apparently not on this show, but they're just talking about it up on ABC. So I thought I would bring this to you if you haven't heard about the gen Z stare, which I think I agree is a thing.
Speaker 4: The gen some we're talking about a look you get, as opposed to a stair that if you put them together in a set, you can reach the top story of your house.
Speaker 1: A series of steps that allows you to get to a higher elevation to a send.
Speaker 2: It's not that kind of stare. S T A r E okay.
Speaker 1: The gen Z stair refers to a perceived blank, emotionless gaze that some older generations me associate with young people, particularly customer service interactions.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, I didn't know it had a name.
Speaker 2: I know, I know.
Speaker 1: It's described as a middle, distant stare into the void, often given when approached with a simple question or greeting. This behavior is sparked debate, with older generations viewing it as either rude or dismissive, while some gen Z individuals and platforms like TikTok suggests it's a way to express boredom or annoyance with overly friendly or repetitive customer service interactions. My son, my high schooler, is always because I interact with people a lot at stores.
Speaker 2: It's something that I don't know.
Speaker 1: When you turn sixty, it's like something clicks in your genetics or something. I am an old person now in a way that I never was when I was younger.
Speaker 4: I just get a young homeowner turning into your parents. Yeah, I just got to engage them. And my son always says, oh, she hated that, dad, She hated that so much.
Speaker 2: Want't you just buy your stuff and walk out?
Speaker 4: That is funny.
Speaker 1: The gen Z stare expresses boredom or annoyance with overly friendly or repetitive customer service interactions.
Speaker 4: All right, here's something that you on ther junior. You have few interpersonal skills because you stare at your phone all the time, and your parents put you into programmed activities, and you did not develop many of the life's skills necessary to become an adult. So how about you don't lecture everybody else with your withering stare about what interpersonal interactions are good ones and what are not. I don't think you're an expert in the field. In fact, you are the opposite r fault.
Speaker 1: I have known a couple of times, not all the time, but a couple of times it's because they got their earbut in they're listening to something else.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's going on there. Have you are you?
Speaker 1: Are you familiar with this? You've got a different age group going with your kids, but the the oh, anybody between the age of like thirteen and twenty, they got an ear piece in all the time, and I make my kids I don't know how many times I have to say, take that out of your ear. I'm not going to compete with whatever you're listening to. But right the young crowd believes, no, no, I can listen to this podcast or music or whatever I'm listening to and pay attention at the same time. No you can't, It's my response, No you can't.
Speaker 2: You think you can, but you can't.
Speaker 4: No. As science has learned, and as one of the really valuable contributions scientists have ay to society lately, you can't multitask. You just switch back and forth fairly rapidly, doing a half assed job on both. Likewise, you're attention. I've tried to do it so many times. Read news while I'm say, watching a golf tournament, I'm doing one or the other. The number of times I have to zap backward or or or reread something, or if it's vice versa, I'm reading something pleasant while cocking my ear to the news in case something I need to hear. No, you're not.
Speaker 2: The gen z Stare, So what that?
Speaker 1: So I got off on the whole earbuds thing, which it drives me nuts, but and I probably should just get used to because that's you know, we're gonna have a president in twenty years that has an earbudd in while they're giving the State of the Union address because they're listening to music while they talk, and everybody will accept it because people like me are dead by then.
Speaker 2: But back to the gen z Stair. What is that?
Speaker 1: What do you think is driving the gen z Stare. This is a lot of discomfort with face to face interaction. Okay, beginners at it certainly in terms of, like, you know, not literally it's the first time, but like a pilot if you don't have two one hundred hours of flight time.
Speaker 4: You can't blah blah blah. They just have so little flight time dealing with human beings face to face compared to every single generation that's ever existed on planet Earth since the dawn of time.
Speaker 1: Some TikTok users suggest it's a way to cope with anxiety, express frustration, with repetitive questions, or a general lack of social engagement. They just don't want to engage with other human beings at all. It's an interesting thing we're doing as a beast. I hope I live to a very old age because I'd kind of like to watch it and unfold from my you know, senior apartment where I have a bowl of jello every night and watch Fox News. Just out watch people high volume hang out alone in their apartments or even if they have roommates. They don't talk to each other. They're staring at their phone and they have an ear butt in, and they hate all interactions with other human beings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, there are days I think this will be interesting to unfold, watch unfold. There are days I think it's too effings sad. I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope I cross the line at some point into just accepting. You know, I don't control the world, and this is the direction it's going, and no country for old men.
Speaker 2: My day is done. I'm not going to change it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: And if human beings got through the Dark Ages after being tortured by the Pope for instance, uh, human beings will get through this.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Or are we usher in the planet of the Beaver.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that. I think this is more irreversible than the Dark Ages. I'm just trying to comfort you. Well, they're on your couch eating your jello, watching Fox News that excessive volume. It's literally irreversible if people stop having children, I mean, yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: The gen z stare.
Speaker 1: If you've encountered this and have any explanation for it, give us a text for.
Speaker 2: KFTC.
Speaker 4: There's an actual genocide happening on Earth, and the media is completely ignoring it.
Speaker 1: It's not is it a genocide against It's not Israel and Gaza.
Speaker 4: No, that's not a genocide, not even close. But there's an actual one going on. Okay, that other stuff on the way, stay.
Speaker 2: Here, man.
Speaker 1: Trump's big announcement massive tariffs in fifty days. If there's not a new ceasefire deal. Zelenski and Ukrainians must be thinking fifty days. You're gonna give them fifty.
Speaker 2: More days of bombing the crap out of us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, yeah, I wasn't gonna talk about this, but Trump persists in believing he can maneuver Putin into a deal. Putin's response, through all of his actions is here's the deal. I rebuild the great Empire I dream of. That's it. Anyway, we're I got a remodel going on in the house. And for instance, if I want to have lunch or whatever, I got to remember, let's see some of the dishes in the dining in the utensils of silverware in the dining room, and then some other ones are in the laundry room. Are refrigerators in the hallway outside the master bedroom because that's where it would fit, And then the coffee and everything is in the hallway on a table. But then the hot plate, like we're living in a hobo hotel in our little college sized microwave. We just got her back in the laundry room, and blah blah blah. I get mildly vexed, but just mildly I've got a sense of humor about it. Then I look at, for instance, Nigeria where jihattists are rounding up Christians and slaughtering them by the hundreds. What do you mean, Joe, I haven't heard this story? Are you sure? And that's half of my point?
Speaker 2: If so?
Speaker 1: Standing up for Christians is the Tucker Carlson lane. How come I haven't heard this from back crowd?
Speaker 4: Maybe Well, there are a couple of different explanations for that. One of them might be that that's just an excuse to advocate for certain things or against certain people. It's a different sort of advocacy masquerading is standing up for Christians. But in rural Nigeria, for instance, a few weeks ago, jiehattists set fire to a temporary settlement housing hundreds of Christians fleeing persecution as they slept, and those who fled the fire were met with machetes and gunfire. The death soul was probably over two hundred, making it the worst attack in the region in recent memory. According to local clergymen, they're begging the government to do something about it.
Speaker 2: Is this specifically because they're Christians?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, yeah, it is Boko Haram, you remember them. In Nigeria, there are a series of attacks around Easter. The targeted Christians there and in a similar region right next door left that left more than two hundred dead contributed to a staggering statistic in ben yuin Plateau, two parts of Nigeria, more than ninety five hundred people have been killed in similar attacks in the last two years. According to Amnesty International. They have not been caught up in fighting, they have not been combatants. They are sought out and murdered for their religion. In this part of the world. Boko Haram, whose name means Western education is forbidden, started insurgency against the Nigerian government, but since then, both Christians and Muslims who reject their radical Islamist views have faced intense persecution, just absolutely insane. I guess half this story is about the media in the US. Who if there isn't a clear victim oppressor like situation, that's so stupidly obvious anybody can follow it, like black people killing black people, that's too complicated. Who's the colonial power there? There isn't. It's been a country that's independent for a very long time. It's a strong country, big economy, et cetera, et cetera. They just won't report on it at all. But yeah, Jihanis are slaughtering Christians as fast as they can in various parts of the world. It's probably worth knowing.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I was watching a video out of Gaza yesterday. Boy, there's a place you don't want to be whole.
Speaker 4: Oh crap. Speaking of which, there's a headline in a number of papers a US citizen was among two Palestinians killed in an Israeli settler attack. This is in the West Bank, not in Gaza. Apparently, this twenty year old who is an American, he was visiting family on the West Bank.
Speaker 2: He participated.
Speaker 4: In a demonstration against Israeli settlers who go into these Palestinian run territories and like start towns because they want the Jews to control that territory, not the Palestinians. Some of them are militants, some of them are brutes and murderers, some are not. It's very controversial in Israel as well as anywhere else. But evidently rock throwing began by the Palestinians escalated into a violent clash that included vandalism of Palestinian property Arsen physical clashes and rock hurling, etc. And this American kid was killed and it's a damn shame these formed Port Charlotte, Florida. One interesting aspect of this that tripped my trigger in reading it Israel captured the West Bank from Jordan in the nineteen sixty seven war. Palestinians and most of the world say the territory is occupied by Israel and Israeli settlements that are illegal. Okay, wait a minute, what just happened there? Did you catch that? Did anybody catch that? Israel captured the West Bank from Jordan in the nineteen sixty seven war, So presumably the people there are Jordanians, not quote unquote Palestinians. Do they just say Palestinians because they're not Jews or because they're in that large plot of ground that the Brits had temporarily designated as Palestine post World War One? Why are they not Jordanians? Is it because that muddles the narrative?
Speaker 2: Yes? That one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I just thought that was interesting.
Speaker 1: Trying to get more out of this Trump announcement, But there's just not as much there as I thought there was going to be. I was misled by Lindsey Graham watching the show yesterday, that this was going to be a giant announcement that everybody's talking about.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't know if you've noticed. Occasionally Trump sends his minions out to say things, particularly on the Sunday shows, and then the next day they are contradicted by the Big Man. It's happened many times. I wonder if Lindsey Graham has had been promised something that Trump changed his mind about.
Speaker 2: That's a good question, because.
Speaker 4: I kept hearing rumors and leaks about devastating sanctions against anybody who bought oil from the Russians.
Speaker 1: He just said, not sure we need the sanctions bill. He just said so that. I thought he was going to come out and say, and I will, the Senate will pass it, the House will pass it, and I will sign it in law. I thought that was going to be the big announcement today. He just said, not sure we need that bill. So I almost feel like he went the other direction today from.
Speaker 4: I'm happy about the Patriot missile batteries. But that's it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we do a lot segments and hours four every day. Seems oppressive, and if you ever missed anything, you can get the podcast. Subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 4: Next Hour Chinese robot armies nothing to worry about, Go about your business.
Speaker 1: And if you know anything about the gen z stare hit us with emails or texts. You're encountering it and what the heck you think it? Is?
Speaker 2: Interesting topic?
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty