Speaker 1: Yeah, what's up, y'all? What's going on? Brodo?
Speaker 2: He's a legendary Queen's rapper, he is your boy in, He's a Miami hip hop pioneer.
Speaker 1: What Up Is dj e f N?
Speaker 3: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players in music.
Speaker 4: And sports, you know what I mean, the most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk facts. This is Drinks champ Rating every day is New Year's Eating.
Speaker 1: Heysavia, it's your boy in?
Speaker 5: What Up?
Speaker 1: Is dj e f N? And this drink chas motherfucking podcast? Mariks up right now.
Speaker 4: When it comes to legends, we have the legend legends legends.
Speaker 1: In the building.
Speaker 4: We have people who I personally grew up listening to idolizing, trying to dress like them, trying to be like them, you know what I mean, trying to be shop like them, trying to be smart like them. These guys have still and they're still heavy on the internet. You've seen them all the time. They out there. We got two of them. I was hoping to have those three, but we got to, and we ain't mad. We're gonna give the the other. We're gonna still praise the other brother, like like he's here and right now, who am I talking about?
Speaker 1: Motherfucker? Brand Nubi is in the building? Mats up now, Brand Nuby.
Speaker 4: Y'all all from newgro Shell, yes, okay, originally.
Speaker 1: Born in the Bronx.
Speaker 3: Okay, both born in the Bronx, grew up in Nerdshell.
Speaker 1: I believe Pooba was born in Nerdshell. Grew up in Nerdshell.
Speaker 6: Okay, So how did you how did this start?
Speaker 1: How did this.
Speaker 4: Y'all get together and say I'm gonna get three man group where y'all rhyming individually?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, put us on all right. Well, basically, long story short.
Speaker 3: Pouba had a group called Master Ceremonies back in the days, okay, and they had like two two hits, cracked out and sexy.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you know what I mean. That was the joint back then. So whatever.
Speaker 3: Back in those times, he started working with me as a solo artist.
Speaker 1: Then he started working with X as a solo artist. And he was not yet a producer or nothing like that.
Speaker 3: Weak yeah, kind of make beats in order to play instruments and all of that. He had, say a little bit he was drum programming and all of that. He the one actually taught me how to produce, like how to listen for the loops and all of that type of shit. So, you know, a long story short, I used to go to the shows with him and all of that. In the back of my mind, I'm like, Nigga, kick your cousin out of the group.
Speaker 1: I want be in the year because I felt like his cousin wasn't nice enough to Really he was. He was a good dude.
Speaker 3: I love him, shout out doctor Who, but he wasn't you know what I mean. You could tell you wasn't about that life really, he just was doing it. So whatever they broke up. I remember were walking through the mall one day and he's kind of like, damn, I don't know what we should do.
Speaker 1: I said, you know what you're talking about? Yeah, And I said, Yo, we need to meet you and an X.
Speaker 3: We need to make a group, so you know what I mean, because it'd be better than trying to shop three deals and all that.
Speaker 1: We just make a group on some three MC ship man word.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know when you hear him about it, but he hit him and it was like, what year is this around? What time yea eighties, late eighty seven, eighty eight. Yeah, who came up with that name brand? Lubian. We'll see that. We had a little name.
Speaker 7: Session sessions we shot.
Speaker 3: You know, he shot for a deal with no record and no name, just like okay, because the nigga you know he had, he had Motherfuckers Open from Sexy and cracked Out and all.
Speaker 1: Though those was big records in New York and a little bit nationally so.
Speaker 3: But he was able to call up record companies and be like, Yo, it's grand pooba, I want a meeting or whatever.
Speaker 8: We walk in there no music. So we did a few of these, you know, for them something. Yeah, I think we just went in there.
Speaker 1: What he was saying, he was a little older than us. So he does this.
Speaker 3: So we go to we go to Tommy Boy Daunte Ross's did you know, and he's like, yo, poor bo I love you.
Speaker 1: Whatever you're doing. Blah blah blah. He's like, but y'all, you know, I need to hear you guys or whatever. You know. He's like, so, uh, you know, make a demo or something. Come back. So we was like all right, you know, it took us like two weeks to to like ground up the time up.
Speaker 3: At Jazzy Jay Studio, Strong City Studio, Upper Alton Avenue in the Bronx, just chilling in the studio. Wait nigga finish the sessions and see if Nigga feel like letting us even play records in the mother you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So Mom, finally we get the song done. We go down there. It's one song. We play the ship for him. He's like, Oh, this ship is crazy, this.
Speaker 7: Is what this is.
Speaker 3: We're at Tommy Dante Ross was at Tommy Boy and so at that point he was like, yo, but I just got a job at Electra, Like I want to bring you all over there, like you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, just bigger label. We was hyped off the Tommy Boys ship. Day Soul was there.
Speaker 3: At that time, like they was popping, like you know, so we was like, all right, fucking he was like all right, but you know, so what's y'all's name?
Speaker 1: And you just kind of looked at each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna get that when after Strong City had a little naming, fucking don't have ship and being forced so kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: So yeah, y'all knew you wanted with the Nubia wanted some some some like positive conscious type of ship.
Speaker 4: Y'all came out on the arrow where like that was kind of like the thing to do, like to be to be happy, to have no age or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we wasn't doing it for that becaut you off. But ain't it.
Speaker 4: Funny how there was actually an error where not as itself was actually.
Speaker 7: It can't be again, it can't be again it was, but because it was, it was like real niggas was having knowledge and something like even though they was.
Speaker 1: Doing it for like like the street nig Jesus you okay, So now y'all just your name, thinking about naming yourself, and so we came up with the name up there that night, brand new, brand new. That ship still just sounds so fly. And then you know it's crazy.
Speaker 4: It's not only that brand Nubia just sounds so like distinctive, right, But then the individual names Lord Jamaal so.
Speaker 1: That asks and grand Boo boy, like how the fun did he come up with that name? What does that mean?
Speaker 7: He was?
Speaker 1: He was grandpool of Max well.
Speaker 3: Back in the days when we was kids, like like like I said, he a little bit older than us.
Speaker 1: So Grandpoop of Max Well was like a he was like a famous MC in new role before he even made records, Like I knew niggas that had flyers of him take to the Wall and all.
Speaker 3: Like he was like grand Master Caves of Nershelle back in the days, you understand, saying at that time of Cold Crush and all that type of ship. You understand I'm saying, So, yeah, that's just I don't know how he fully got that name. I think there is a story about it, Like you know, because the Flintstones, there was a grand pool.
Speaker 1: Buy on there, some ship with the Lives and some sh like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, some ship you know it was, Remember it was I remember I first seen like when he had the flyer like he was on a main member man and dip like man Diplight was a main flyer person who.
Speaker 1: Made all them hip hop promoter.
Speaker 7: Yeah he was a promoter and if you your face got on one of them flyers, that that that meant something.
Speaker 1: He got on a dipfe fly Yeah, he was on that ship. And I seen that ship.
Speaker 4: Was like okay, so now what was the first record where y'all thought it was like man, this is it? This This was the first record that it broke out for y'all and it worked. What was the record where you knew it? Feel so Good?
Speaker 1: Well, feel so good? Okay, I don't remember that one. Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, we had a first See they gave us a single deal and they said, all right, if you like, if this ship goes, and.
Speaker 1: We're gonna give you all album.
Speaker 3: So we put out a record called Brand Nubian on the A side and then the song called Feels So Good on.
Speaker 1: The B side.
Speaker 3: Now, in the beginning, we kept getting played with, like using a beating, other niggas using it before we get a chance to put this out.
Speaker 1: Hello, you got do you know that? You don't let it go to you?
Speaker 7: I had that.
Speaker 1: Because, let me tell you, it's a crazy ship.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: I had that on the War Report album, right, And I swear to god this is the story. I'll kid you not. I played a record I had on on that joint, Doom Doom, Doom, that beating.
Speaker 6: But what I was saying on the beat was I leave man on the next day.
Speaker 1: I don't know. So no, we know this. We know that I had it on there.
Speaker 4: I had it for the War Report, right, And tras Phone said that's dope, and trans worked to the studio and he was like, you think you popped daddy?
Speaker 1: Unampling records.
Speaker 4: He's like, this ship is this she doesn't sound And I was like war her and and I never put the ship out.
Speaker 1: And the next week, motherfuckers dropped the record. I was like, he was like, you're right, I was wrong, dropped the record. Swear to god, I just I just I just got someone. We got the demo for it.
Speaker 3: Was called I Ain't Going out like that. We sampled from James Brown Ship. We think, you know that's gonna be popping. Finding your man CuMo D puts out go to work.
Speaker 1: I mean that's like it wasn't as raw as a ship. It was the same if you remember was the man that time. We're not battling against it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So then we we ended up picking these next two singles and like so we had the cameo says everybody brand.
Speaker 1: New vienna all day. So now now your man heavy D ended.
Speaker 3: Up using that be so that kind of fucked that one up to then we had to feel so good D.
Speaker 4: Right, but they saying that when you say happened to be you saying sample sample.
Speaker 3: Right, but everybody sample it in their own way. So these were all variations of the same ship.
Speaker 1: So now I remember they was playing the Niggas who had I feel so good during the band was playing their ship like every day, you know, whenever they played new records and some ship. So I'm like, I'm hearing the ship. Come on, I'm getting hype. I'm like, na, that's not.
Speaker 3: And then finally one day they played that ship and plaid off ship right after that, And that's my word from that day.
Speaker 1: I can't tell I know the Niggas is like, yo, that was me? Who was the first brand nubiing hit with?
Speaker 4: Like national, Like when you knew that this is bigger than New York Shell, This is bigger than the New York thing.
Speaker 3: Wake Up was big. Everything was See when the album came it was the album with it. It wasn't just one song, it was the album. What's the fucking album you came came out? It was like, no, we're fucking with y'all.
Speaker 1: Now slow down. Where was y'all last?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's one of the last songs we recorded, the last song.
Speaker 1: We had problems with that song.
Speaker 3: Couldn't the sample like like the sample, getting the right drums with it, couldn't get it.
Speaker 1: Correctly, you know, that ship be all we did. I heard the rect what it was he came with one night.
Speaker 7: You remember they used to play them video shows at night. And I seen the edie because we remember we put that out when her song was still out with the Ship, and I heard it one night and I was like, yo, that's the time kind of right, and I went and brought to forty five, and I remember we sucked with it at first, and somehow we couldn't get it right, and we said fuck it. We wanted to do the rest of the album. That was the last song because remember was that there. It was the last let's sunk with that try ship.
Speaker 1: That ship is dope. And then somehow somebody had the right drum.
Speaker 3: That's it, and then we started putting horns and ship to it at the end, and that was it.
Speaker 1: That's It's like, all right, go home, write your ship, come back, put it down. And that's what the funk happened now awful one.
Speaker 10: Of what.
Speaker 1: I knew that was from the crinkled, but I heard the beat. I was like this, if they don't like nothing else, like I did get into that record start. I hate beating.
Speaker 11: Just like.
Speaker 1: It's like and that's when I walk around.
Speaker 7: We used to have the records with us because I remember Cool I had that record with us and we had that was cracking with the snap pot pop from the beginning on it.
Speaker 1: What y'all the first three man group, this old three that's funny kind of yeah, yeah, yeah, back then we can hear day relax. Yeah, it was well, well, well were talking three man m C. You know what I mean? Has been three man that's three men in C. Treacherous three was the first one I could think of. There's definitely been others we worked and and the Locks, that's like, come on.
Speaker 3: That's that's to me. They're like lay from Westchester. I feel like the next generation.
Speaker 1: Of all look at it. They tell you that's a great and I can.
Speaker 4: See alignments in each one of them too, Like all of y'all was a five posent, all three of y'all.
Speaker 1: I was. I was sent first, okay wow.
Speaker 3: Then around the time that we started doing the album PO, I got knowledge from my right hand man.
Speaker 1: Trust speak to the but try to speak to the bad.
Speaker 3: Actually had knowledge prior to that but then I don't know what happened, and maybe he just wasn't running with the right guards or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 1: So he kind of magis straight away. But he knew, you know what I mean, he knew the science.
Speaker 4: For the youngers that don't know we're talking about, it's a way of life. Fipposite so so so.
Speaker 3: But poo Bay his family came up in like black Panther type, Yeah, background and ship like that, like Nurychelle got a lot of real like revolutions, scram Jones from New Yeah, we got a lot of revolutionary energy up there. Black Stage used to be up to the Stampers and all that type of shit. Like if you read like certain biographies of people, like some of them stayed in nerveshell while they was you know, and how type of shit Farracon had.
Speaker 1: A crib in nerves shell at one point. Well I never know that Ozzie Davis Ruby d lived in like right behind it. But why was it so important like for people to have knowledge theself back then? Like what what was that like a stand? Was that like the norm back then or.
Speaker 3: No it's not necessarily the norm, but you know, to me, it gave you an edge over everybody else, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean, Like, you know, gave you a mental edge.
Speaker 3: Everybody else is out here, you know, on their wisdom, knowledge shit, and you want your knowledge, wisdom.
Speaker 1: You know, thinking before you move. They just moving before they think, you know, but nobody's teaching them to think. They moved camp five percent Nation of Islam?
Speaker 4: Can it come back to the forefront, like, because I feel like blood wouldn't exist in New York City if the five percent was as strong as it was in the eighties and in the seventies, and and you know what I mean, I don't feel because like you know, it's crazy. Sometimes I go to Harlem and I see a hood with all blue on and it's like that that I never saw that back in the days. Then they will go they will see a hood all for the red and it's like, it's kind of crazy for this to be New York City. But I just don't remember. I remember back then. You had to come you had to know your lessons. You couldn't come outside without knowing today's mathematics. You had to wake up in the morning and you know, try to be you know what I'm saying, like kind of be something, And nowadays it's just like the more ignorant you are, the more people will see the differences.
Speaker 1: Back then, like that, you had the alpha males, you know what I mean? Who is the gods like? You know, so they're the ones everybody looked up look up to. You want to be like that. So if they're into it, you want to be into it.
Speaker 3: That's really all we gotta do is just get the young alphas with that, with the ones with the piece of magnetic to make the other ones come in and say, Okay, I want to fuck with this.
Speaker 6: We can't make it, seems bringing their guards back.
Speaker 1: You. At some point they try to make conscious music or whatever.
Speaker 3: It seemed like it was soft and that's what made certain people not want to fuck with it.
Speaker 1: Like and that's some bullshit. Ain't nothing soft about it. Let's make some noise that one of y'all was diating married J. Didn't want to y'all take married JA. It was all over. I never saw with MYND. You know, it was real ship.
Speaker 4: People Listen, nobody, Well, I just want you to know, you know, we started this because we want to preserve hip hop. This guy, I know this guy twenty years he he hates Serrado, he hates, he hated.
Speaker 1: He wants.
Speaker 4: He likes Via like he's real. He's a real hip hop dude. I'm talking about real, real, pure purist. And we when we started the show, we said, we want to just continue to support our legends and we want you to know that y'all guys are hands down. Yeah, I look up to you guys. I still look up to you guys. You know what I'm saying. When when I thought of a movie the other day, I swear to god, it was five o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 6: I thought of this movie I had, I already had the thing, but it was I seen.
Speaker 4: Daz dealing your post the five percent flag, and for some reason I was like, yo, I gotta speak to lad Jamalrow.
Speaker 1: And it was five o'clock in the morning. I did not expect you. I said, Yo, I'm doing the five percent movie. I need you down with me, you know, to do it. And he fucking was up at five o'clock in the fucking morning. It was like they think, oh, you look at that.
Speaker 4: Look at it like that where there's five o three, so you know it actually is built to build them destroy. So we build a destroyer at five o'clock in the guy that morning. So and he answered, And I just feel like that's that's one of the reasons because I want to bring back the five percent, not saying that we went anywhere or anything, but I think that knowledge of self who could help people nowadays, so and and and in order to teach somebody, some of the easiest way to teach people is through entertainment, you know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, Like right now, people they think they directly learn, They indirectly.
Speaker 4: Learn when they listen to this podcast because I'm you know, I'm always drinking, I'm having fun, I have fun with my artists, but they don't understand that they indirectly, you know, learning. So what what the idea that got were going to make a movie about the five percent? And it's crazy as was up at the time Saturday. I just and I knew when I actually shared the idea was to die earlier.
Speaker 1: But what do you think of that?
Speaker 7: Like, I think it's good man, because you know that taught you like to to think and you had to study today.
Speaker 1: I teach in the school. I teach fifth grade, sixth grade, seventh grade, eighth grade.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I teach to keep school in Brooklyn, we teach teach when you teach power point presentations and on. And it's like back then, like when we came up, like you had to study and learn shit, whereas these kids nowadays. I'm I'm in school like and I'm looking at these kids and I'm like messing with them every day day to day, and it's like, you know, we did what we did, but we still knew how to read and learn. Like a lot of these kids may coming up they can't read, you know what I'm saying, like read like read shit.
Speaker 1: I mean a class I'm like, what what did you say?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 1: And they know I get on them. I'll be like, yo, man, you you're here bullshit and I seen your test school. You know what I'm saying at me.
Speaker 7: They come back every time we shouldn't said that. I said, no, you shouldn't have said that. My classroom it's open.
Speaker 1: I curse.
Speaker 7: I do everything I be. You listen, Like a lot of times I'm gonna go tell my father, Well, well tell your father that today you cann't read this word right here. Also, you know what I'm saying, So that that taught you that that kept you on your square. You know, it gave you a sense of understanding of something where a real school, a real school.
Speaker 3: I took them on.
Speaker 7: I took them on the hip hop tour. They said they wanted They said they wanted to record a song. I said, you want to record a song? I said, let me hear something. They spit it out. I said, good enough. I said, I checked this out. Two days and have somebody in here to record y'all. Two days later had John Robinson. He bought the portable thing, the porta will record thing. I said, now listen all that bullshit y'all be talking every day. It's gonna be a lot different when you get in front of that mic.
Speaker 1: I said, give five of y'all a chance.
Speaker 7: Three of them, may a couple of them. They dropped off. I said, it's gonna be a lot different.
Speaker 1: When you give where you are or not what it is is.
Speaker 7: I never promoted that when I came to school because didn't want to promote that. I just wanted to come and teach.
Speaker 1: Him what I taught him.
Speaker 7: Where where One day, like a couple of them, they coming in back. Mister Murphy, my uncle said that he knows you like we were like, you know with the low life thing.
Speaker 1: I'm right there on Saint John's right, that's that's that's one of the founding places. So when I wear the low every day, they make mister Murphy, my uncle, he wears that stuff all the time. That proposed to and he said, he knows you. So that was the connection that we made. Like that, you know what I'm saying. So I tore him through that way.
Speaker 7: But like the five percent, like it taught you like a means of studying, a means of survival.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Whereas that's lost nowadays.
Speaker 7: You know, every everybody's their heads down and on this social media to man exactly.
Speaker 3: You know, like.
Speaker 7: In school, it came where it's cool to be dumb, you know what I'm saying, Like these kids they need to don't know shit.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, yo, come on, man, Like we did what we did, we.
Speaker 7: Was much you know, like we didn't shoot each other in the back like you doing this and that, but we threw up their heads.
Speaker 4: But like it's crazy, man, that's real right there, that's real. We were definitely gonna bring the fibers and stuck. I'm noticing you drink your wine from the bottle.
Speaker 1: Oh yeahposed to be elegant. Yeah, this nigga, you is gangster as aig drinking the bottom on the bottle. I'm like, as a poor to other motherfuckers like this is true wine kind of souls. This is our brain, true wine dot com. You know, go to that get the wine.
Speaker 7: But as opposed to somebody like just throwing their name on the label, we actually did the flotation with this. We started as a joke game. My partner Wild tell over there you know what I'm saying. We started as a joke and we used to get wine people used to send up. One day, actually one day, what happened.
Speaker 1: Was we used to drink.
Speaker 7: Man here to see in the studio, right, So one day, you know, it was snowing outside. Nobody fucked going to the store to get no more honey. He got a bottle of wine. We'll be playing well we drinking somehow. He posted it. It went viral. We did a couple of more like that. People start sending us wine now to do. Somebody said, yo, if you have a serious about making your own ship, get with me.
Speaker 1: It's uncle Gino. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So he got with us and we're gonna drink some white look, yeah, some what he showed us and the wine two wine kind of so you got to open the tails.
Speaker 1: You got to open them to open it. We get open whatever you want to Summer's open up. But it looks like you need to open it. This ain't a twist off. Okay, yeah, no good wine? Yes, you no good wine. When when you got to open it with a thing thing, you know what I mean? If you're gonna twist open now, I haven't seen some good wine. It's a twist.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I went to mister Towels one night. I swear to God, order this bottle eighty five bucks. So twist the twist. So twist though, went to the grocery store in the morning. She was eight ninety nine.
Speaker 7: And we had seventy locations. We actually know about the wine. My partner, but will tell he got a job sucking with the wine. So we got one from Portugal making the one. We're making it out now, bro. All the all the new.
Speaker 3: Italian wines is from the Venezzo region of Italy, so our last two was from Portugal.
Speaker 1: So nice niggas this is what I'm talking about. Man, oh you got you got the O for this, will tell, will talk. If you ever see this beer, rang it slow bed.
Speaker 7: This is the creative all the polo bands right when you the polo bands designed all the original designs for Thurston Howl's original.
Speaker 1: Twelve. That's not real.
Speaker 7: Well, I took the original bear oh wow, and then I flipped it into thug fashion and we put the polo Reacan patches.
Speaker 1: On in order. Round Loren, you gotta cut us a check, give it the low lives. So that's dope.
Speaker 4: Man, you've got your own while we're gonna keep it on the table just so you know, the ones that we don't drink to ourself on the table.
Speaker 1: And we're also gonna get you some tiger bone. Let's get some shots of phone. Get you.
Speaker 4: You're gonna get some Okay, we're gonna lose these legends out right now.
Speaker 1: Let's give them some tiger phones. Have to make a phone right.
Speaker 6: So so now brand Nubian, y'all become stars.
Speaker 4: I want to describe these road trips that you was having because me and poem pone is my brother, but me and poone can't be together for too long.
Speaker 1: We just can't.
Speaker 4: It's just it's just we two out for it's two albums, and it's just we just always clash.
Speaker 1: Give us some I'm gonna say one thing. I'm gonna let you myst week the power, the power? What is the power?
Speaker 4: Power?
Speaker 1: We're not gonna get in the power grip with something.
Speaker 3: Listen in the beginning, you know, niggas, sometimes we have to share rooms and ship like that, like a lot of times.
Speaker 1: So this was my roommate, right, okay, you know what I mean, and we.
Speaker 6: Got along and who Alamo?
Speaker 1: How about Alamo? Alamo? Maybe he was in a room with poo. Yeah, okay, let's see in the power Grip. Let's get to it.
Speaker 3: Well, see because he has probably the more popping room, whereas you know, probably let's.
Speaker 1: Just say, let's let's let's take out jay people.
Speaker 3: Guys, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do because there's there's no space.
Speaker 1: Y'all is just in the same room, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So sometimes check out the power grip, Pussy.
Speaker 12: It's just like, you know, it's just like homie, you know, but we know, Homo, this is the only touching we're doing, Like.
Speaker 1: Don't touch. But yeah.
Speaker 4: At plastic we got plastic couple we need there's nothing we need.
Speaker 1: Give us another. We need some boon, get some tager bone. Baby, I just want the hemps. There's no more glasses on Jesus, seriously shallow the bomb. Well, I don't figure that. I don't know what the It wasn't even the barber be you know what I'm saying. So yeah, it was the popular ones. Yeah, things isn't heavy d from New He from Mount.
Speaker 4: Described Mount Vernon New Oshell because well, y'all like your own barrels as well like Christian blood.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 13: Not really I don't know how it is. Yeah, yeah, but see it all stem from like sports and ship like that. Definitely, you know Nershell and Mount Vernon was always liking the championship from the nurse football basketball, you know what I mean. So now niggas is coming to the games and ship and you know what I mean serious, She.
Speaker 1: Used to pop off.
Speaker 3: There used to be full like full gang fights and its and mars niggas getting it was.
Speaker 1: It was that type. It was serious. Yeah, that was a serious thing. Was it was there a story that inspired punk up up to get down. Well, one day, like is that hers to get somebody get about the way it is? Actually it was, it was it was wise.
Speaker 7: What wasn't the wise that when we were trying to make the chorus up with some ship that they came up with that ship.
Speaker 1: You know since case all right?
Speaker 3: To me, that was a crazy crazyest records he got the chorus from karas one.
Speaker 1: Actually of course punch.
Speaker 14: Jump up to get beating there waiting for the.
Speaker 1: Like punch jump up to get beat down.
Speaker 6: I was, wasn't the whole gay community came at y'all?
Speaker 1: Was that it wasn't even thinking about that because I wasn't you just come up up a bag? And I said, that wasn't about that, right?
Speaker 3: And you know how hip hop you got train of thought right and you could jump around from training thought.
Speaker 1: The woman said, I free flop and low fuck up with faggy? Wash it now now now check it out. Hold on.
Speaker 15: Now at that point when you're saying fuck up with faggot, that's anybody, anybody, because you said fuck that faggy.
Speaker 16: But then the next part that make you think that that linked to this, because that's red it was.
Speaker 1: It was the next said, don't.
Speaker 3: Understand their ways and I ain't down with game and listen, I'm tired of you taking that out of the shows too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, say that correct the whole version like whatever. After doing that, I want that going back to So what's that? What in the clean version was a freak flop flowubble.
Speaker 17: Yea and.
Speaker 1: Called a body. You keep saying that. I know you got hold of saying it.
Speaker 18: With you fun too, but at least at least the gay people know that just showing up, I made show. Now this is you know, a couple of games in Brooklyn. Really, I went to a gate wedding one time.
Speaker 1: I heard I heard you say that last we all got family. Yeah, I can't. I know what you want to do. Melt in Brooklyn like you.
Speaker 9: I can't.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have the serious, some serious show up.
Speaker 19: I need you.
Speaker 9: I took you, know, I took you. I have answer that the juice think New York talking about the New York. They all come from New York. Oh my god, my god.
Speaker 1: Man staying right here. She gave me the yeah, it's gonna go down one.
Speaker 20: Drop there.
Speaker 4: So in the studio when y'all were working, who's the most problem Attic got a brand.
Speaker 1: He motherfucking woman show up.
Speaker 21: This is what paid pool Ballace famous forcus that's chairs empty right there, right, you should be here to defense, all right, So this niggas do ship like this.
Speaker 1: Guys, guys, you're talking back that I'm gonna be honest. This is that was your second world. You can't rock it mortgage this about to vote you out.
Speaker 4: But I was just say that your friend, y'all man rejection and he got on a turquoise hat.
Speaker 6: He gotta relax.
Speaker 1: Rejections, all right. So so niggas found out that like the studio had wait all right, well you're having another show, another another. Myself may be ready, but you see his shot.
Speaker 22: Don't don't even look at this said.
Speaker 1: Your niggas is y'all. Yeah, light boys, very small. You gotta a marathon early in the morning to you in the morning. I forgot to do now, y'all. Yes, you want some ship right now, So I gotta take this done. So the mommie the hommie, because we didn't even know this was the thing. Once you find out, you can go to the studio. Don't get money, all right, what do you mean to get money? Like budget? Name of the food budget. This nigga would take whatever they had, whatever petty.
Speaker 3: Cash, petty cash box back they had like three hundred dollars, give me that. This nigga will come to the studio with four anybody even get there, take all the petty cash.
Speaker 10: And then come me no and never come you leave.
Speaker 1: It was like a job. We became a great race to.
Speaker 20: That's the race.
Speaker 1: The first great races. Like yeah, because now this DMX.
Speaker 3: We like yo, you know yo, wear the petty cash. You're gonna get some cheese steaks or whatever.
Speaker 1: Came here. What he took all the cash? We're like what eight eight? Like he was the forty seconds by front ship. I never knew you could do that. I hated. I'm gonna tak you something else and we can see the ship.
Speaker 7: Pubar was the master of the manual check from a label. Remember like some days he wake up, check, you're gonna go downtown. We're gonna get twenty g's today today, today, right now, because I'm bitching's like and.
Speaker 1: They would make a man they had a man you check. You'd be like watch this, see he see he knows this. So I'm saying he was a bad teacher. You understand what I'm saying. He taught us this business wrong. You understand, Like like like you know, we ain't a lot of shit on extortion, you know what I mean? Intimidation and ship like that. Like so this nigga be like, watch, we're gonna get twenty g's today. You know what I mean. I'll be like, I do you do that? Nigga? Call up somebody, Yo, I need twenty d's today.
Speaker 3: We don't.
Speaker 1: Come up with all kinds of ships to get a fifty y'all, you're gonna let me get a fifty five? Fuck y'all. It's a man jus get all scared and ship my mom. He come to check Mary like, Yo, this a bad motherfucker. He's still recouping. We just used to have to race from New Road to catch the bank. That was what it was. Catch the bank, Yo. We gotta get damn can catch. So now, what was your favorite label? Elect along with Buster Rons? Buster Rons was there at that time? Well, they came right after us, because I'm saying we were the first ones out of that era to get signed directly to Electra. And that's before it was we that. This is when the Electure was on his own who said, this is your comauted by I forgot, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I want to say Atlantic, and then and then they formed we out Okay, yeah wanna Atlantic, wanna Electra Atlantic exactly?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah yeah. So now what do y'all like better? Major labels or independent? I'm gonna say I like the major labels back then. But now that's a great answer, amazing because no clue.
Speaker 4: Why would you sign to a label now? They don't give you a lot, They take everything.
Speaker 1: Man like, like you care from for me? Man, I'm from for me.
Speaker 4: There was no see when we signed, it was no three sixty and like I'm sorry, sorry, but what do y'all think about Chuck D? Chuck D just want a lawsuit against Universal because Universal when he when we when we all originally signed, there was nothing called digital rights.
Speaker 1: There was nothing called like the ringe. So Chuck D super suon and he actually won because anythink Chucky you know, you know he actually here's the like.
Speaker 4: Y'all albums is on digital right now, but your original contract never entitled digital, so they owe y'all money.
Speaker 1: How did y'all how do you feel about that? Because you think about it.
Speaker 23: You could go and get a check right now, he said, on that money, yeah, because think about it, think about about y'all albums.
Speaker 1: But who can call tonight you heard you know, wanted to because they don't pay us. When we originally signed, we signed for hard copies vinyl. It wasn't even well they will see.
Speaker 4: These, but hard copy was vinyl sea so it was actual material. But now this digital rights is why is my albums up there?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 24: But see, you know your company always put your ask because in all those contexts always says the different configurations cat or any medium created or.
Speaker 16: In the future created, Like that ship was in there for them, but wasn't in there for the artists.
Speaker 1: I gotta look back at that.
Speaker 4: We don't forget about sounding change, yeah, because when you got yeah yeah, but when you that's not exactly.
Speaker 1: Now what now? What was the moment where you guys said you'll know what we're stars? Now?
Speaker 3: What was that moment, nigga when we fucking hall them or one hundred twenty Fish Street and every fucking car to drive by is playing your album?
Speaker 1: I love that feeling. See, it'll never be like that. It'll never be like that again. In New York niggas don't understand.
Speaker 3: That's why they call us legends because we had a legendary time when Brand Nubian was.
Speaker 1: All that.
Speaker 3: Niggas was fucking with, like Street niggas, conscious nigga niggasucking everybody fucking with.
Speaker 1: Quarters.
Speaker 3: And this is the days when you know one hundred and twenty Fish Street. You go out there, niggas is tripping sideway out on.
Speaker 10: That.
Speaker 3: Niggas is just standing on their cars playing music out and everybody's playing their tape, and you know it's the tape because.
Speaker 1: Niggas got it playing from different parts. You hearing different songs coming out of different cars, but it's all just your team.
Speaker 7: For me, it was when one time we went out to Cali. We was out there for about remember we went month about a month. We went out for about a month, and when we came back. I remember when we was coming back and we went uptown and I was hearing like people were telling me, like yo, they're playing a joint from y'all, like punks him up and when we came back.
Speaker 1: Punch him up to get cut the bad one. That was a serious thing for us, I want to tell you y'all. She was doing with me poste Yeah, beat Damn got the bad wall. That was a proven ground flop. We improved, our ship didn't. So we we was out doing like a promo tour and Cali. We was out there for a month. We had a crib out there for a month, and that was our victory song when we came back. I'm just digging Martin. Did Martin Lawrence do that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he said post step up to give beatdam We laid it on the.
Speaker 1: Ship work been taling when he got beat up by Tommy Harry. The biggest ship. We came back from the airport.
Speaker 7: I never forget, and I remember we went uptown God blessing that my man might be. We went uptown and I remember I was hearing like I heard the song and like hot pop yeah, and motherfuckers was cleaning the ship up and down home hot hoop one three to the location Gangster.
Speaker 1: Lou Moms down all. He was hearing that and I was like, oh, ship, that was like real, Like we was hearing the biggest record. That was one of the biggest ones, and it was like it was bunk because we came back. We was going for a month. But when we came back. It was like in thirty days that ship was that ship popped off like that.
Speaker 6: I was like, oh, ship, what's the Dix's favorite brand new being record?
Speaker 1: Like a lot of like different like it is a different I can't even record Call.
Speaker 7: Off the Head that nobody would know about it, you know what I'm saying, Straight off nobody would know about that.
Speaker 1: But and that was some people. Actually, yeah, some people. It was some ship that we went to the studio and did off Straight off the Head. The record play was on the third album.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we went in there and just did that like different joints like to me, like the mainstream joints, I love them and those are my babies, but it was it was different like side joints that we did was.
Speaker 1: Lord Jamara the brand Newman record. I don't know, man, It's not just one record. I know. Just when you think I'm gonna tell you what I think the best album is, Okay was founded. Was a lot of people say that the Foundation to me was the sonically the best. That was the second album. That was the third album, the third that we got back together and he was on Arista because yeah, I broke up at one point. Was that that album right there, like the first album off of one.
Speaker 3: Second one and god we tried like the second one then everything is everything.
Speaker 25: Then Foundation Now that Foundation to me, like it just sounded pull up the Christmas fucking Niggas was spitting the life songless furiously like that ship Niggas was writing like crazy, like that ship was crazy.
Speaker 1: Right then? What was why was initially the breakup? What happened was initially the breakup? What was it? It was a lot of things. Niggas going to the studio taking it for diem and I can't get it.
Speaker 22: They raising there like that, her vehicles. Everybody had a vehicle. Damn, Nigga, ain't you're not gonna come to me like nig would.
Speaker 1: He would get there before.
Speaker 3: Like let's say the studio is seven, that Nigga showed up in like four, and we'll be there seven. And he already got the he already got the people in there, you know, lightweight scared of him or whatever. You know, he's grand pooball, so when he walk in there, they're just ready to do whatever. So if he said give me all that fucking petty cash, they fucking gave it to him.
Speaker 1: And then he was out and then he was out and never come back.
Speaker 3: Word to work and now we come to work and we thinking the prettyms at the time, but at all that it was my first.
Speaker 1: Oh while I thought I didn't think slow that I was on the first off. Yes, yeah, I don't know what all dropped the balls I was.
Speaker 7: I like that song said year you like that, I'm gonna get that forty five. We were saying, but that off of forty five, word careful.
Speaker 4: What's brand Newbian's biggest market like like like like other than New York.
Speaker 1: We we we we ran through the South, North Carolina, phillip through.
Speaker 7: The South, you know, And it's about that because like I love at L and all that. But when we first got the niggas was still country. Now this country. We ran through the South. We we we did another year.
Speaker 1: They was loving us, and we got some ship. Niggas surrounded Yello. Yeah yeah whatever. We was fucking with them Grape Street like earlier.
Speaker 3: What I mean I'm talking, but we had these niggas out there building like just imagine I'll keep holding on. Just imagine like three hundred gangsters in the projects outside building on like political.
Speaker 1: Ship like Jerry curls and all of that. But they talking about, you know, some conscious ship they like. The niggas blew my mind, and I know we went through them. We went through the projects. I don't know if other niggers went through the product. They said we was the only one. They said, were the only we was in the Jordan Downs. They said, were the only niggas that came.
Speaker 3: To the project, besides tupacalking, the only nigga that.
Speaker 1: Came through that. We had so many niggas outside. The police sent the helicopter out there and shot right down there, and we was out there building with gang bangers. We went with the crips.
Speaker 3: They took us to the Blood, to the Nickasons niggas because they had the truths and we trusted them.
Speaker 1: We went there with them, the Crips to the Blood niggas and guards. Yes, Jordan's Down niggas to the Niggasons. We was with the right niggas. Shout out, Shout out niggas from the projects. My nigga, shout out my niggas. Ziggy, you know what I mean, He's just really I can't.
Speaker 4: Hot black and I'm proud, hot hot hot top. Yeah, God damn y'all niggasu there huh yes, pup the fourth point too, God damn it.
Speaker 1: Yah, yeah, y'all.
Speaker 4: So legendary, man, this is classic ship for us. Now, well, I never asked you who's your favorite CEO?
Speaker 1: That I yeah, favorite ceo like that.
Speaker 4: That got y'all and that worked with you, whether it's your solo careers or yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't lie. You know, a lot of people don't like this guy. But I learned a lot from his mother. Where we're going. Where we're going is or I ain't we are coming? Man, I've learned y'all as well. He was on Rush man.
Speaker 26: Oh that's correct. It was one of Elizabeth Street day Very Street before Very. I have no idea this little I'm.
Speaker 1: Learning that.
Speaker 7: Was Jam.
Speaker 1: That was the real death Jam, real Rush that.
Speaker 21: Were standing outside Adler still doing public publicity.
Speaker 1: The Bill Adler, I think so proudly. I think he was dead niggas.
Speaker 3: Like Todd Moscow, which might have just been coming around.
Speaker 1: He was the internment injured like you know what I mean, bring your ass on this show.
Speaker 3: So but I'm saying that that spot was legendary, like we outside because it was right off house disrespectful outside drinking.
Speaker 1: Have you got a drink of forty with d m C? I knew I made it. Hold on, hold on, hold on. You drank a forty with df C. We drank a forty right outside Rush.
Speaker 7: Remember at first my niggas had all them feathers and all the funny.
Speaker 1: Ship them niggas nigs was.
Speaker 3: On Elizabeth Street, right around the corner from CBG right there, right there, which he's still you.
Speaker 1: Want something, Yes, take some of my ones. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 3: We can't put You're gonna put in the tag of bowls.
Speaker 1: You can tell I'm in France, right, Jamal, Yeah, you in France? Yeah? You remember yes on.
Speaker 7: The Hall, the album who Wild Cowboys album, Okay, smoke the boat con Connelly when Knocknelly.
Speaker 1: With him now now real ship Achanelli. You know that's my man, big him up. But I don't know. He don't drink.
Speaker 4: And he used to take me on the road and he's to be like, no, you can't smoke in the car, and I'm like, god, dare we taking eighteen hours drive? And not only he don't smoke and drink, he just knows the sobers people in the world, so let me.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I used to see talking.
Speaker 4: Early.
Speaker 1: He seems kind of money. Yeah, we get that. I'm literally wanting all right, I don't really dress, you know, was no jail from jail. Dress from jail. You always want to be up early. See. I actually lead the line in jail, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I lead the line like I was like the person that let because I walked so fast. So the niggas that were twenty years to life just to be like, let that niggas leave the line.
Speaker 1: So I used to go from shortest to the tallest, tallest but the shortest, so I was about dfy so they's to be like, let this. And I just always that. My father was like, uh, he woke them in the morning a job.
Speaker 4: So I tried to inspire to be him, and I try to active. And that's just how I developed that.
Speaker 1: But not only that.
Speaker 4: My hood is full of hustles left right. City is full of hustles from over from from the lobby all the way up to.
Speaker 1: The eighteenth floor.
Speaker 4: And I couldn't compete with certain people in section two at that time because people had better work than me.
Speaker 1: I was just but what I noticed is I can kill the.
Speaker 27: Morning shifts, sleep, sleep, going to sleep, money, amazing sleep.
Speaker 1: These guys asleep. He on the men coming out.
Speaker 4: I used to go, fuck it, I'm gonna take the morning ship because I'm better.
Speaker 1: I knew I had bad work. I knew, I know I get it off niggas. Nigga come out with nobody else.
Speaker 4: I always thought I was a boss, and I just did it wrong. So I used to try to go get cocing. Like I knew, I was a little bit of Spanish.
Speaker 1: I knew enough now to get jerked and I would come back and I'll just be like And that's how I developed my early morning ship.
Speaker 4: But to getting back to the story, I used to be stressing with a because I put help me, help me, but on you know, I fucking.
Speaker 1: He cannot. So I'm like this. As soon as we get to the town, I see niggas.
Speaker 4: Like break coming in the room. The niggas are smoking in the room. I'm with these niggas on to a world.
Speaker 24: But so now.
Speaker 1: You guys have this breakup now?
Speaker 9: Is it is it?
Speaker 1: Is? It?
Speaker 6: Is it because it's industry or it's because you.
Speaker 4: Guys are friends prior to that and now when you got to put business first, that.
Speaker 1: That affected it is a combination. Okay, see I'm gonna tell you what I feel it is. But it's some ego ship right just that comes into play with everybody to disrespected your one. I'm so sorry that tastes like tag of bomb.
Speaker 4: Son we got, we got, we gotta wash this out. Please this chas terrible. Please dieg he help me out because we got to walk the tag of bone out of that. That is just right right full of you respect because that the way that takets it. Just now that takes like tiger.
Speaker 1: Like that.
Speaker 4: With the break up. Let's get back to that, because we were all hurt, like what it is. And you know what's crazy, we didn't have the internet back then.
Speaker 1: So when we just see y'all together and we said, yeah, there's two of y'all and we we like as.
Speaker 4: Fans I'm talking about when I say we, I'm speaking of one hundred pan This is not nor at all.
Speaker 1: Well it is noriri.
Speaker 4: But I just was like, damn, I just couldn't. I couldn't fathom you guys not being together.
Speaker 3: So see how I think it was a little bit of this right, Like I said, pool a little bit older than those, right, So it was like he was the big homie at some point when we got on he went from being a big homie to like we equals.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's hard for people to adjust to that. You see what I'm saying. You still want to treat me like the.
Speaker 1: Little homie, even though the little homie anymore, you know what I mean. So it's like and I'm not going to allow you to treat me like a little homie, you know what I mean. We always like it's across the country, right, so we have drove it was the country.
Speaker 28: I wasn't to a bus. We drove a navigators. Navigator was navigation. But I think it was a little bit of that, you know what I mean. You look at your little home me out. That's the little homie, not a little homie. Come up, all right, there's a change into the guard.
Speaker 1: But we don't always acknowledge that, you see. So I think it was a little bit of that, you know, combined with sucking niggas in your hear yoll you know you it was you U did y'all ever have a fall of the dollars? Well? No, and him? Yeah, it was just y'all and po Yeah pretty much. Yeah cool. You know Alamo, like Alamo brought us closer together.
Speaker 7: Alamo Pops they grew up together in Lincoln Projects and Harlem. Oh wow, my Alamo grandmother and my grandmother grew up Lincoln Projects in Harlem. When they had horse statements and were talking about like.
Speaker 1: This is a twisted about the sixties can and we're gonna take five. I'm gonna walk outside during this having some breaks. Yeah, we're doing all the time, and just give us like five five. We got to keep eating.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, Alamo, Alamo's original members, Alamo Pops.
Speaker 3: When my Pops passed away, Alamo Pops came and and then like a unity speech and my Pops buss so understand. So like Adamo Pops, my Pops, they grew up together. The first year Almo became the DJ. So now because he's not what the success DJ at that time, how he is.
Speaker 1: What you guys made him the DJ, like you're going to become a DJ with the success. He just was a funny guy around he you know, he had a car at the time. Got your job. But any scratching you heard at the time was me because I.
Speaker 4: Was a real DJing and it's a great well, it's a great day that that started.
Speaker 1: But it's a legendary day of uh what was Latin quarter Day? Remember that? Remember that day?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, remember that. I see back in the days he's talking about before before this ship like this is this wasn't let me know he was a live niggas.
Speaker 1: I would suck with him, like who Keith grew up in the same building. People like, for some reason back in the days, and even some of your toughest niggas were scared to go to the city for some reason. Okay, yes, oh niggas from Nourse shall all right, niggas they were scared to go to city, to New York.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like like they they was felt safe up there, but they felt like it was a little too gangster in the city.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 3: Nigga like me, I was hollow. I'm going all ship you your square Latin quarters. So one night I'm out, I'm down at the Latin quarters. I'm by my motherfuck worklf.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm about to go in there. I see my niggas from nors Chep. Mamma nigga from around your way.
Speaker 26: I got mama car with Mama pads, got mama call this man.
Speaker 1: God blessed the daddy with my man Keita speak and maybe I forget who else I did. So, so we on the line. You know, you like points in the line is mad long. Niggas don't really like waiting on it. Back then, I never really I knew. I knew no rhyme. We knew each other, but we never really chilled with each other before. So I'm like, yo, what's up? You know what I mean? Like, fuck this fot Like like I was gonna see these niggas. Oh okay, some live young because they're my age. I used to only see older niggas jack mama's car, So now I found mama car. I was on the train and all that.
Speaker 3: So these niggas is driving the young niggas seventeen, So okay, your niggas gotta ride, Like, what's up?
Speaker 6: Fuck this spot. Let's go up town, do it?
Speaker 1: You know? Oh my god, Let's go chown. Let's get some we can get some dust. Let's talk about the dust. Let's get some wools. Nigga. We did all of that. Woos is nigga is cracking.
Speaker 9: Let's go to.
Speaker 1: Walking and let's park in the park a lot of the polo grounds. Let's get sucked up, like you fuck this flot so and so and then niggas was like and niggas was like a bet I hate a hot I was okay.
Speaker 4: Then on does PCP do? But I smoked it one time it didn't work.
Speaker 7: He said, what you know you didn't smoke like from from from Manhattan, canoe shout like that.
Speaker 1: Listen on pc B. See back then, you know I didn't want to get a neggar to not Let's not do that, Mada. It goes mad. The I just got mad that some other ship like that's what he's niggas was young.
Speaker 4: Bigga, my man, my man Chastlenx pyramid gum for the Lenox.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: That spearmid gum, my man chass. Listen, let me tell you something. Jamon one day right, my man chat he's sold. He's so hot on PCP. I'm sitting down.
Speaker 1: He's a guydget. This is a guy who played me New York, New York. This is the reason why I got the idea.
Speaker 4: So he comes to me, he goes, yo, you think these niggas is this on us? Because he was on the something called the DJ list back in the days. So he says, you think this is two months before a Dog Found album come out.
Speaker 1: So he plays me New York, New York. He's like, you think these niggas is this in the record. He's a part of that. But he wasn't no DJ.
Speaker 6: He was just smart enough to put it and he got the album too much in.
Speaker 1: Advances before bootlegging and all that.
Speaker 4: So he goes to me, he plays me the New York, New York and I'm like, He's like, you think they dis in us? And then just out the blue this they just once one hundred miles just.
Speaker 1: In across the street and I'm like, oh ship, And he come back act like he never did it.
Speaker 6: He's like, Yo, not even.
Speaker 1: Conversation. I'm like your chat. I'm like, I want to be like, what the fuck you just right away? But this nigga, but he he handles his bc B. But the thinking about it, that's how he has. That's how you he just run no reason. He smoked us one time out the Birds World. Yeah I know. I mean that nigga was his name Reggie Jackson or some ship Reggie Jackson nine nine. This is from New rough because I know he's a whatever.
Speaker 3: This nigga smoked dust one time, buved out forever like looking up like I'm talking.
Speaker 1: His nigga was smoking dust. The girl named football, all of that had everything going for him. Smoking time past. This nigga was gone. This nigga his life for the rest of his life. I don't know. We was out there.
Speaker 7: We had to course on fifty fifth Street, rock a game. We would we smoke idun before rook a game of the game. I'm trying to get across the street.
Speaker 1: Serious. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: One time I took a mess tab and the bushes was talking about you know what messa is, mescaline mens back, hard day's ecstasy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like laughing. He laughed all hours. Nigga, listen some ship you take before you go to the club. Listen tab.
Speaker 6: One time I took a mess tab and got on the sea saw by myself.
Speaker 1: Listen Dolo going up and down the moon talking to me like you're killing walking in the moon worldw my god, you know what see saw? You need two people? He said, you made it work, pushing yourself back, No no idea what I was doing.
Speaker 29: And the moon.
Speaker 1: So I'm talking to me lunch tomorrow and the Moon was like, what's good? Say you baby? Where you been at? I'm talking to the moon, the moon like you good? They need to stop sucking with shit. Take me fifty minutes to walk from that park that's right by them all to my hood. That is a ten minute walk.
Speaker 4: It sent me fifty minutes because the bus the bushes was talking to me and I was giving the bushes.
Speaker 1: FIBs and my niggas. Yeah, niggas is looking at me and we're all on that sad all.
Speaker 4: The crazy ship the moon talked to us all it was me down, lazy, I forget who else?
Speaker 1: Big? You up? Down easy, wherever you at? So continue. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Ship that had me stop sucking with crazy ship like that, like dusty ship like that, like I couldn't talk properly.
Speaker 1: Yeah we're getting it away and you fucking bro. I used to go to this school. I used to go to school.
Speaker 3: It was it was an alternative school for bad It was used to educate Oh no.
Speaker 1: First I went to Sister Helen that was the bad people's school in there a shell.
Speaker 3: But then I graduated to Educate Educated, which was the bad people school of Westchester like west Thread kids, right, so whatever bound it was this girl named Crystal, the baddest bitch in the school.
Speaker 6: Okay, she's in God, I gotta relax again.
Speaker 3: She was sucking with some lame kid or whatever that used to smoke dust. So whatever, she broke up with the nigga, I make my move, wanner.
Speaker 1: She stopped. She ready to fuck with me. I landed to the crib. She living off from peace Skill though, wow kill New York, Peace Skill, New York. To come to my right A long, it's like hours she she got on the bus, so it was no like.
Speaker 3: Two hours under bus, somebo transfers and all this craph She had to do right, So mama, so I see my man.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yo, we got too bad. Nitch just coming to the crib. Blah blah blah. He's like, oh world, let's go get some dust real quick. Nigga, we smoll No, dust is not good word. So we go to Mount Vernon. We go to Mount Vernon, get some dust. We smoke. We come back to theirshell.
Speaker 3: Now we meet the girls with the bust up. So we dusted us a mother fucking We picked the girls. Nigga, I don't say a word to them. We walked to the crib.
Speaker 1: It's like a fifteen minute walk from the bust out to the grip. I don't say a word to these broads, neither one of us.
Speaker 3: Mor Nigga stopped all that ship me I might be like seventeen.
Speaker 1: At this time. Some ship took it to the crib.
Speaker 17: Some boat.
Speaker 20: He was bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We just sitting there staring at it, I know, and it looking like, what's up? Your niggas want to follow something? We just like Nigga Yo. She left out and she was so mad at me. She never fuck with me again. I said, I'm not fucking with this dust ship no more. Fuck this ship. You're fucking with my ship that I really love, which is the.
Speaker 4: Brother brand Nubia ever experienced with cocaine or absolutely.
Speaker 1: It was out those like by then then it was true I might I might bros right now.
Speaker 3: Firstly, once in the nineties on nineties came seen the warm Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't even I didn't because back then cocaine like even smoking wolves like you said it was cool.
Speaker 1: It was nig niggas, get it from you up. I used to be in the motherfucker because I'm gonna tell you you should think at the rooftop. In the rooftop, do you want to smoke the wools? Ain't smoking you?
Speaker 5: Just shit?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was. Yeah. It was one in eighty seven, eighty six. I was born in seventy seven, so I was ten years old. I mean, I mean, I knowd it with coke and one hundred dollars, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You get in front of bras wanted them to see it because they know that's a little young.
Speaker 1: I'm like fifteen. That was like that was like a fly back then. I'm blowing the smoke coke and cigarettes in the BRA's face to let.
Speaker 3: Him know that I got the coke. Well, if you got read of course, because because he's asked him. A lot of niggas was fucking with it at that time.
Speaker 30: New York's dirty and something he's called dirty. Listen, listen, listen, listen, listen. At some point it switched from coke to crack. Now when when it switched to crack.
Speaker 3: Niggas thought you could only get a hook if you're smoking in the right So I don't see like niggas that was getting money.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about get her. But mun start smoking woos and that's two weeks later, theseas is the crackheads. I'm like, damn nigga like you was getting it, Like how the fuck from smoking wool? So I feel the thing that saved me. Let me just real quick. Yes, the thing that saved me from never being a theme or all that type of ship was one having knowledge itself. That's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: Because the gods, when you got knowledge, they don't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: What the fuck you?
Speaker 3: You better know the American lessons and get your ass. Okay, I'll get yourself. Like I remember when I first got knowledge.
Speaker 1: I ran into this drive into KB. Okay, Caby sounds strong. KB was strong, scary God muscle, scary, black God strong.
Speaker 11: And God said, how you see today that whatever I said, I'm a part of me. God, I'm a little stimulated. He said, I don't care if you stimulated. Yeah, he said, you better master your ship. You don't funk with it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Okay, God, pardon me. The next time I see you, you better know that degree. You know what I mean? And now he was one of those ship come came on like you know what I mean? And that ship but it made you shock. Did you say, I'm never gonna let nothing master me. I'm always gonna be master. That's what it's not. But that's the only thing that I feel that needs. Some niggas didn't have that. Let make them run on be a crackheaded something.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about these young kids, because these young kids are actually drug addicts.
Speaker 1: Don't drug like.
Speaker 5: They sound like drug addicts, Ryan, that's how. That's how drug addicts talk like like like like.
Speaker 1: The drug dealer talk authoritatively. You know what I mean, I can't man Daddy King's keeps in at work on one time. Authoritative authoritativeness. You get, give me some.
Speaker 4: Authoritative authoritatively authoritatively, there you go.
Speaker 1: I gotta use that somehow. Authoritatively is how the drug dealers used to talk to them. Motherfuckers. You know what I mean. You'll give me some duchess. You'll run the store, give me some duchess. You're fucking uh. I need you to go fucking do this to pick that up for me. Telling niggas what to do now Now these niggas glorified. Oh then, Molly, I'm fuck these niggas talk.
Speaker 6: I haven't tried, Molly. It's fantastic. I'm just thinking I never tried it.
Speaker 1: Let me take this.
Speaker 3: I try.
Speaker 1: I try to half the ecstasy at the China Club. That's as far as I've ever happened.
Speaker 9: I really like it.
Speaker 3: Steny is like into that ship to think about we're gonna take a break.
Speaker 1: But the thing about ecstasy is you just hit a missile ecstasy. See, Molly, if you got.
Speaker 19: To deliver a bad episode, I was like you, I completely couldn't find out what I want the way the man well, it'll.
Speaker 1: Say, you know, I was you need to get down to get off. I had to get off. I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 4: Listen, I don't approve it. No, no, what you know what Molly was invented for for marriage counseling? Really, so it's actually if you get a peer in d m A. I don't recommend it.
Speaker 1: It was invented.
Speaker 9: No, I'm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where you get that from me and.
Speaker 22: Told you that?
Speaker 1: No, No, it's something. It's the fact that you actually google it. Huh.
Speaker 31: You counseling is counseling n d m A is that where is invented? That's listen, Molly, listen, listen. If you and your lady are haven't proper? Give me some of this what song?
Speaker 1: She made you a freak all it's not even that, it's that she'll she'll express, you know why, saying what your express? What time you said a man, let's say it's different they.
Speaker 32: Give me, I say it's damn and some of that funny drink ship I was in, Jean, let me let me get after this.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. I was in woman never drink lean neither. I did see what somebody did and it was like, I'm gonna some lean.
Speaker 3: So they paid for me to get down the devil Woomington, Delaware to come back.
Speaker 1: I went to the studio. There was some young niggas. Then I said, yo, God, you know you take it. I took some lean. I sat back on the amtat coming back to New York. I was back like this treatment.
Speaker 7: When I got back to forty second or thirty fourth Street, whatever.
Speaker 1: The fuck it was, I was like, fuck it, I can't get up. I take this ship whatever.
Speaker 10: I go to Maine right there.
Speaker 1: I was like a Maine man. When I got a metro card, I said it was the lady. She was like, put it right here. I said, some money and I went home. I was like, yeah, let me got how you got home.
Speaker 29: Let me tell you why I'm with Lee. I'm never in control, right, smoke. We never do that because I'm in control. Yeah, and then we control free just kissed me, but lean control.
Speaker 1: I can't that ship.
Speaker 4: But I'm just throw this all day before we take this woe break. But Molly is okay, it's fantastic.
Speaker 1: I'm just do it up there. King I was young. I don't want to fuck with any synthetics. I don't want to with any Just everybody canna think of Mami once. I'm just saying I did.
Speaker 7: I did.
Speaker 1: Everybody got thinkin honey and coultassy. That's all I d Just y'all fucked me up a little bit with this tiger bone trying.
Speaker 8: That's all.
Speaker 1: No, it's hurt, I know, but it's just something nerves and thick nervest your fire. And I was dancing real fast and my man was passing fast dancing fant.
Speaker 20: I was like, man, I was like, yo, fan, i'mnna kill you, he said. I was answer fans, let me just chill.
Speaker 5: My man t was He's like, yo, you.
Speaker 1: Dancing real fast dancing fants. I was like, I wanna chill that.
Speaker 20: Okay, I'm just a lot.
Speaker 1: Of tagabone fight yo, that's trying to take a piss and smoke.
Speaker 4: So let's talk about I won't take a break, but tag a ball fights back is the definitely shoes.
Speaker 1: The advice back its a you're gonna take a break, a new boar breaking.
Speaker 7: The hoop, break lea flappers call me a pussy your puss, puss.
Speaker 1: Pussy wobble and didn't read Aaron Cooks in the window and didn't read Aaron Cooks cook.
Speaker 4: Up a corner side to conglaborate Lord Jamann, you as managements up.
Speaker 1: Acts just as we're gonna do.
Speaker 7: This is how we're gonna make That's how we make the knowledge cooler.
Speaker 1: You Aaron Cooks is hit me if you got that street ship mixed with window, that mother.
Speaker 5: Fucking knowledge ship red like what the dog's drunk laps a die is drunk and.
Speaker 1: You still go to the gym and round had a situation and ran for it. Ship to me.
Speaker 20: Checking out now.
Speaker 1: Probably boot for we're gonna tell you right bedfit. He was driving, I'm driving, shot man driving. I made the turn. It's like he couldn't make the churn. He made the turn. He got on some bullshit. I was in the car with three females. Understand that the nigga I rolled down in the window. Helly boom through the window. I'm like, oh, ships right there. I'm like, police, come get him. I'm like, yo, I don't want to presto charge. Let him go, you know, let him go whatever. Well I unbelievable, unbelievable. I let him go. I'm like, yo, let's get it on the popping.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. Then let me do what I want to do. The next day, I went to the Folk Police station, sixty eight pro C.
Speaker 1: Sixty eight Precinct. I'm over there. You know what you're trying to do. You can't do that right now. I'll figure it out. I'm going back back and forth to court with son. I figured out.
Speaker 6: What's the doc's favorite year in music?
Speaker 1: Maybe ninety six ninety seven, because that was d I T C. Ship d I T C.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna tell you one of my most favorite of the d I T C. By the way, I'm fun with A A G and an album coming out with Danny D. We finished it already and an album coming out with.
Speaker 3: Elvis s who Artifacts Eli from Artifacts story about them too?
Speaker 1: Is that that's Verman r is it?
Speaker 27: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I finished that and I got a secret album coming out. I'm gonna say twelve twenty five Park.
Speaker 1: Avenue, and I'm trying to get brand newby and well.
Speaker 4: Cool keep that's what that's about the act.
Speaker 1: Because with the succession to do it of Soul, the researchers, you know, bust to ROMs and.
Speaker 3: Keep asking I want to hear new, definitely, I would love to make a brand Newbian album.
Speaker 1: And trust me, the swords that we're gonna get in the gym too. So well, he's actually in the gym right now. He's lost a lot of weights, Roley since you last year. To questions on.
Speaker 16: Facebook, you're on the wheel. She looks a lot better and I'm happy on the way about that.
Speaker 4: God bless this man stays in the gym, you know, win, I'm just naturally well.
Speaker 1: Oh, this ship halfway? So what's the wheel? The wind? The wheel before we start the way any sets, that's a warm up, that's the wombo.
Speaker 7: We were doing thirty minutes on the treadmill and then we're gonna do twenty minutes on the wheel.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do straight forward on the wheel. Twenty minutes on the wheel. Gun, that's like the wheel, that's what we got. Pool bout not ready for twenty minutes. You can do it. Five minutes on the wheel, guy, five minutes on the wheel, you can do it. That's a little long on the wheel. Yeah, you look going long on the wheel. So what's your favorite year in music? My favorite year in music? Damn you. I mean specifically hip hop or in general, it doesn't matter. We'll see. I'm a hip hop nigga, So yeah, it's not gonna be my favorite or any other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be hip hop ship. I want to feel. I'm probably gonna say, like eighty six, you know six things now really seeming moved craft like there was just a lot of you know, that whole era, that whole time.
Speaker 1: That was some real hip hop ship.
Speaker 3: But honestly, you know, but then again, when they talk about the Golden era, like which we happened to be blessed to be a part of, you know, that was a really good time.
Speaker 1: It was early nineties.
Speaker 15: Actually, the whole nineties was very good off at the end, it tapered off at the end, but like most of the nineties, was very strong.
Speaker 10: They had your.
Speaker 3: Biggies, you had your nases, you had your Tupox. You know, brand newbiing track call quest Buster.
Speaker 1: It was a beef that brand new another artist. See, we never got into that type. We never really.
Speaker 7: Have. We got a beef s with somebody, it would definitely been hands and feet.
Speaker 3: My beefs came like now, like with this Internet ship where I say certain ship about people.
Speaker 4: You'd be pissing generation Oh yeah, oh yeah, you be pissing them off you on purpose or you don't care.
Speaker 1: Nigga, listen just speaking, are we taking another show? Talking mom sipping? I mean, if you know me as a person, then you know how I get down, how I talk. I am, you know what I mean? Lord Jay, is that nigga like you know what I mean? That just might say.
Speaker 28: What the fuck that you thought somebody shouldn't say, But niggas is thinking, so he said, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean, that's what the fuck I do? Like, you know what I mean? So because not that.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to piss people off on purpose, at the same time, I don't give a fuck that.
Speaker 1: I would have beat his ass if I said that faggot ass faggot you know him, like.
Speaker 3: Like you know a nigga want to comment on some ship I said, or whatever about you know, white people being guests in hip hop, which they are. You know, this is the black man built this motherfucking house. You understand what I'm saying. Like it was a time when white people would look down upon for fucking.
Speaker 1: With this hip hop ship. You understand I'm saying. So don't try to claim it now because it's cool and all that bullshit. You understand I'm saying. I think.
Speaker 3: When I say you're a guest in this house, he did when I say when I say you're a guest in his house? Right, we're in a hotel right now, right, do you feel any bad way about being a guest in this hotel?
Speaker 1: You're being treated fairly treated well. But guess what said your fucking house. You don't own this place. You just rented this room for however many nice that you're here. That's right, he's correct, But you can't do whatever the fuck you want. We going out on the terrace to smoke. Why your fucking house right? And his rules to you?
Speaker 3: So that's all I'm saying when it comes to this hip hop ship, if you're a guest, that.
Speaker 1: Doesn't mean you know why to play you You're hey, You're welcome. I'm not saying white people can't rhyme and all that type of ship. But what you got to understand is we started this ship, and this is our fucking ship. You're not gonna come in here and fucking try to fuck with the rules. There's something we used to talk about down by law back in the day.
Speaker 3: What is down by law means means there's the fucking rules and regulations to this fucking ship.
Speaker 1: And the only way you can get down if you down by law. For remember, fucking if you passed all the criteria that it takes to be down.
Speaker 3: See now niggas is just down because they got money, or they down because they down with the right record label, or whatever the fuck the case may be.
Speaker 6: Fuck all that bullshit.
Speaker 3: I don't give a fuck how many records you saw, None of that shit that don't mean nothing to me, Like, how are you affecting true black culture? How are you affecting the shit that we really fuck with? Because we really don't give a fight as black people, We don't care how much record you sell. If you whack your whack, I don't care if you sell ten million records. You whack motherfucker on our standards. Don't put that shit in my faith. So whatever I said, some shit in this fagged ass nigga, yellow Wolf want to fucking you know, invite me to his balls and all this bullshit. Now you cross the lines. You see what I'm saying. Now, when I see you, it's fight and you're fucking with you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's all. But I'm not I'm not even I'm not against the nigga. You know what I mean. I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not out here, thank you, brother. I'm not out here trying to be the hardest nigga. But it's certain ship. You know, I'm cut from a certain claw. The thing about you my bad to cut you off.
Speaker 4: But the thing about you is you're if you understand righteousness, even you understand that you never actually said nothing wrong. You just stand on a certain principle exactly. And if you understand the principle, like I watch it all the time. I watch you on blad all the time, and I'm like, damn, if a person came from our era.
Speaker 1: He's he's not dissing y'all at all.
Speaker 6: He never disrespected anybody white.
Speaker 1: He never did. He just said that.
Speaker 4: You know, you're a guest of the hip hop and it's just like, and I so appreciate the way you just broke that.
Speaker 1: Where does Latinos was down.
Speaker 33: With you here from the beginning, Shout out people like Prince Whipple whip, shout out Charlie Chase, shout out the fucking.
Speaker 1: What's my nigga for crazy legs from the Furious five, Tito, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Niggas like that, like like Puerto Ricans and all of that, first of all black pieces.
Speaker 1: Let's not get it twisted like we we got dropped off of different islands and like that. It all started. It all started in Africa. Okay.
Speaker 3: Now, when you're on an island, though, the grafting process goes faster because you have a smaller geographical area.
Speaker 1: So if the slave master starts intertwining.
Speaker 3: The slaves, they're gonna get lighter and lighter at a faster rate, Whereas in America it's a bigger geographical area. So you know, the slave master was definitely intertwining, but it was spread out more, whereas you have certain islands where they just fucking damn near trying to milk it all the way.
Speaker 1: They try to graft it like the ship was pat most you understand.
Speaker 3: So Puerto Ricans Hispanics have been down with this from from the beginning. And I don't separate Puerto Ricans and hispanic So when I say this is our house, it's our house.
Speaker 1: You understand what I'm saying. You ei the blackie, you white in my book, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Although there are subdivisions, but at the end of the day, you ei the blackie.
Speaker 1: White. Asians are the closest to black people are.
Speaker 34: Absolutely they are because they are I remember the original Chinese and if you remember the original Vietnam War, the Vietnamese.
Speaker 1: Coming home vietn unplugged bike, that up as well. But the original Vietnam War, they said, this is not your fight.
Speaker 4: I'm black man, y'all with y'all, don't this is not your fight. And that was super real, Like you know what I'm saying. So even Asian people identify what we are because Cuban, uh, Puerto Rican, Ecuadorian, whatever, you're more closer than your black origin.
Speaker 6: Because Africans was the original man.
Speaker 1: The whitest white person. Will tell you.
Speaker 3: If you got one drop of black blood and you you're black, you know what I mean, We're not fucking with you.
Speaker 1: You can't be down. You can't be down with the any nation. You can't be down with you know, Queen Elizabeth and all these other motherfuckers. You gotta drive whyal blood, You gotta drop him some ship that we're not fucking with.
Speaker 4: And when you say black, you even say in Spanish, absolutely, I'm including the Indian you know what I mean, including all original people.
Speaker 1: You know that's a yes, sir.
Speaker 4: What was the moment in Brand New Me in History where you he said, I have to either continue with the group or it's time for k to do his solo.
Speaker 1: But it was I tell you what it was with boy George, the drug dealer. That's big Joys for the drug dealer, Boy George, God damn boy Joe. That was that was the Bronx alcohol. But he was in group home in that New Boy George as in the group. He wasn't rich then, right because he was original? Okay, yeah, so he was in a group home.
Speaker 7: No no, no, no, no, I'm not even gonna front. George used a blessings with a whole bunch of ship.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 35: He's a fun with George. Like when you say about the second you talk about we're talking about we're talking about whatever. Okay, you know what I'm saying. I don't even want to get into it like that. I like the way you're saying Georgie was Georgie.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. But you know that's a great movie. As well.
Speaker 3: As the question why why did boy George make you feel like you should do some solo ship Get on your wild cowboys?
Speaker 1: You know, because we used to see boy George. It was the infamous party on the boat. Mm hmm.
Speaker 7: He had to party on the boat, gave niggas above buckles.
Speaker 1: M this is the original good about game. Let's go. Damn, nobody listens to us. I'm gonna tell you what. Nobody listens. We're just George, but like this, George is the boss. I'm talking about. Beikman Avenue, Beakman Say Mary's Cortland.
Speaker 7: Avenue one five two one five three one five six, uh, Melros Jackson and Courtland.
Speaker 14: How did that lead to you doing your solo ex What elt, George was like, I fucked with George.
Speaker 7: George had to the group home next to my crebit. He was like, fuck everybody else, your son, do.
Speaker 1: What you do right? You know what I'm saying. He didn't want you to sell drugs. No, but I fucked with him with my cousin. And you know what I'm saying, It's like TV. Who's that TV? You know? Broho's who said TV? Wait wait, wait, come in, come in black? Say I have to say say it that Mike movie. They say, mother, what TV? Come on in February. That's what I'm there. You go this February. So tell that's my Coebrary TV. Understand, boy George, understand? Understand translation translation, come on, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So young niggas could twitch how you'll want to do or whatever you want to do.
Speaker 1: Boy, George's real nigga. That's who I was fucking with. That's makes some nice boy. George got right.
Speaker 7: It's so sacred. I don't want to talk about him no more. You know what I'm saying, because is he in jail?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: When this boy, Joyce come on never never, what do you I'm talking about? Calls with the with the with the What the woman says the taxi.
Speaker 36: Coming out of the way was little the little stash our last box. It's been many people that want to talk about boy George. I don't even want to get into this.
Speaker 1: Listen, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 3: How did you get the idea of getting niggas fucked up in order to reveal their most inner secrets?
Speaker 5: How did you?
Speaker 1: Where did you come up with that? He said? You know what, I'm gonna have a bottle. I'm a cable full of liquor. I'm gonna get niggas fucked up. Niggas already fuck with me so they feel comfortable around and I'm gonna just get them so much up and they're just gonna fucking say ship, what you going with that idea? Speak of me behind the buildings. I'm interviewing Nori real quick, I because you get your man leaving the bullshit on Courtner Avenue B one five two. Talk beyond me? Say married right, sat marybody in. We went around Portland to get that people over there. You can tell them never mind, you're gonna shot that's a girl cross nigga. That's not Yeah, that's my fan knock it off.
Speaker 7: Merroad Saction, they walk Avenue, come on t B Fresh vieingnam.
Speaker 1: My people said, look, henck it off.
Speaker 7: Tell me you want to fuck with that type of ship right there, man, I'm keeping it on on on a on.
Speaker 1: A on a wrap level. You don't want to get to that shackamn ship. Knock it off, George.
Speaker 7: But like this, Yes, when they had the party on the boat, gave everybody the belt buckles, the belt bumkers. It was winners for different prizes. How much work. Matter of fact, I'm gonna stop it right there. Come that's right, stop it right right there. I won't even give it to that ship.
Speaker 4: So to answer Lord Jamar questions, and he just asked me. He asked me, when we come up, the thing is me and getting niggas put that part. Yeah, Yeah, we're gonna get straight to it.
Speaker 1: Me and ff.
Speaker 4: I heard him on the radio today seriously illite scram Jones show, and he Jimney Yeah, said something.
Speaker 6: Very crazy and it's real.
Speaker 1: We used to be. I used to record in his studio in Miami.
Speaker 4: In Miami, I used to record there and he used to play poker at the same time. Poker and studio is probably the same amount of hours, like eight six to eight hours. If you're playing a real intense poker game and you're playing, you're doing a realton studio And I can't said something today that it fucked me up because it was like, that's how we invented drink Champs, was we would drink all night and whoever will pull asleep, we'd be like, you ain't no fucking drink camp. And he said that today, and that's that's pretty much how we came up with Dodgy. We actually had a radio show prior to that. It's called Military and Crazy World Radio. We was onsus Leo G.
Speaker 6: I always hate them when we say that we don't mention Leo G.
Speaker 1: Miss Kiddy, so big them up.
Speaker 4: And then so what happened was we we came together like we we loved the nineties, We loved that era. We feel like that's the golden era of hip hop. But we don't want to live on the past. So we sat back and said, you know what, why don't we interview just legends, just legends, like I don't we don't want, you know, we might interview some new guys here and there, Like we had a fresher on here we had he wasn't.
Speaker 10: He came with and we had we got no problem with you guys, but this is no we had somebody else.
Speaker 1: That's is the way.
Speaker 4: So what we said, we said, you know, why not get our legendary wrong?
Speaker 1: You might have for breaking out that damnbody's like, yo, what happened? Like that episode?
Speaker 13: Do you bring out the young man had to perform, yes, and I had to be I had to go to my managerial let's say that one real quick.
Speaker 1: Managerial learn theory.
Speaker 3: I had to get on my managerial ship and so I had to leave the fucking ship so that I would have loved.
Speaker 4: To kick it with y'all get back to the you know, we want to respect our legends because this is the only genre in music that once you have ten years in this game, they.
Speaker 1: Try to kick you out. And I want to reverse that thing. I didn't want to complain about it. I want to reverse it.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Becau, There's a lot of people complain about music, ain't this, but you ain't doing nothing about to help that side of the music.
Speaker 1: So you actually know what I'm saying. I'm telling other people.
Speaker 4: So what I'm saying is, you can't complain about something if you're gonna do something about some.
Speaker 1: So when we started this.
Speaker 4: Like I said, this is a vinyl guy, like he's DJ's he wants vinyl, that he wants the original essence of hip hop. He's scratching, he does the real ship, and I had to respect that and I have to say to him, you know, at one point I used to tell.
Speaker 1: Him, man, get a fucking serado, man, And I'm like, why if this is what he wants to be and he can maintain what exactly that's I understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying is we wanted to preserve the Coach show. We wanted to sit back and say, you know what, fuck that like you know, you know Lord Jamal, you know, ask Grandpool Ba, all these people you deserve to be saluted. It ain't it ain't just me, it ain't just him, it ain't just us in this room like y'all deserve to be. Y'all raised people like literally, you raised me like I'm a great person. Because I'm listening to brand new Ben.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I had the balance of life levels all back was this level, you gotta balance it so that.
Speaker 1: Let real quick, let me let me. I want to ask them that there's no conspiracy to this, Like we're all grown as men. You could drink whatever you want to drink. You don't have to drink. Yeah, and we're not really doing interviews.
Speaker 21: We just toss conversations like if we were how we were doing in the studio when we was drinking and talking shit, that's where the idea came from.
Speaker 1: This is what we're doing in the studio. Anyways, I'm just saying it told us. That's why I mark it with from sixteen to twenty four. It blew my mind because the reason why I blew my mind is because we don't interview nobody sixteen or twenty four. Your energy is lit. Energy in here is lit lit. The fact that our motherfucker might say.
Speaker 16: Anything or to hear an ill story that they might not necessarily hear.
Speaker 3: Anywhere else is what makes you guys popular. And I just want to say thank you for shout out.
Speaker 1: About really we really do. Can I remember you came up to me. We was that he was ship. Okay, this nigga says yo, I like that ship. You be saying over that. He was like, yeah, I wanting to say that type of ship, but I was kidding do and then I saw you came with this. I said, this, nigga is genius.
Speaker 3: Okay because instead of you saying some ship, let me just interview.
Speaker 1: Let them say I said this, nig it's smart for you. And I'm glad where it's going and where and I hope you just and in the process because we see you on black TV.
Speaker 4: So you know, we also want to throw out hat in the ring because you know, we got the drink champs and network, me and my partner of DJ E f N.
Speaker 6: So if you ever think about starting the podcast.
Speaker 4: And I am thinking about that, man, you know I could just look right now and just say bridging the gap.
Speaker 30: Uh.
Speaker 1: You being a legend that you are and you're.
Speaker 4: Putting on artists like Annison, y'all, y'all want to do uh podcast together like the Old meets the News, the News to own and he can he can sort the school you on why you know people listen to the Migos. I'm not saying you're outdated.
Speaker 1: And you don't listen to the migos, but he can explained to you why Yeah, I do too well.
Speaker 4: And then you could be like, well, you know in our days, you know it's it's it's it's ship like that.
Speaker 6: So and you know you think about podcasts.
Speaker 4: I never felt more important in my life, like I really like, I mean, uh, you know, music is like selling drugs. If I don't come outside, they'll go see Joel Santana. If I don't come outside, they'll go see Red Man.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 4: If I don't drop an album podcast, these niggas be in my d ms. Disrespectful. Ya, why the fun I can't see the videos no more because y'all.
Speaker 1: Videos is coming out going.
Speaker 4: You listen to me whatever an artist is anywhere near in Miami. The drink Champs on me, Like, if you want to went to Miami while we was trying to get you, they would have recorded you, like look, Lord Jamal's here and they'll send me the ship like.
Speaker 1: The drink Champs. What's going on? You're right, I'm good? Sure, yeah, whatever, you're gonna listen. He's the type of nigga he has no shame in throwing up. I can't have let me tell your stories the next day man. I second, he was like, we got.
Speaker 5: You, right, there.
Speaker 10: We got you right right there.
Speaker 1: Nigga got right here. This nigga came in with the soldier, faced off like.
Speaker 17: I said, what.
Speaker 1: Bigger the d over the store and put that bag over my head. You know, yellow yeah, yellow? But every cook.
Speaker 6: Right now, tell that ship talk to the people real quick.
Speaker 1: Average I'm gonna go to pancakes and get some pancakes. I respect that gainst his nigga. Let me just say, let me just say it. Course, I'm a hip hop over there. Now, the group I brought to the this was dead Press. My people, I don't know. Yeah, people don't know. I didn't know that either. And Florida you discovered that. I discovered that press.
Speaker 3: I signed them the loud, loud popping shout out Steve Rifkin, which all of that ship. Now, if I was the first nigga, I would have been keep trying to feed y'all bullshit niggas between now and then.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. So how did you discover Erica?
Speaker 3: It's a long story. Basically, I found on the Internet by accident. Wow, Okay, the universe sent me to.
Speaker 1: Syracuse, w York, Syracuse, New York. Okay, so New York is a very big place where used to just five birds in New York being popping.
Speaker 4: Let's go, don't get violence or I don't want to give out what kind of glasses those of that?
Speaker 1: These they're like prescription, They're very work the prescription glasses.
Speaker 32: I gonna I want to involuntary hide this shrine hiatus great.
Speaker 1: Know, make some noise, not me? Okay, you dream he's twisted every way clip has anybody in this we have dreaded this hour. Was I was, We've been that. Yeah, yeah, I loved the episode. A sleep I said, I'm here this Listen. They're going into the after hours. And let me just say, someone listens getting the bust to him, Mike hold hold my listen. Everybody listen.
Speaker 4: We celebrate our artists tonight, Brand Newbians celebrated because you know why, y'all raised so many people, You've saved so many people lives with your music. Y'all have touched so many people, and and this night is all dedicated to y'all. And when we dropped this episode, it's going to be dedicated to y'all.
Speaker 1: You're gonna see.
Speaker 6: These kids post y'all albums.
Speaker 1: You don't understand they're gonna be mad. Last night it was fucked up, you.
Speaker 5: Know what.
Speaker 1: You know, one of the things I've heard over the years, fuck about it.
Speaker 3: Constantly that that is very rewarding. People come up to me and be like, yo, I used to listen to your ship got me through college jail, jail jail and college those two places.
Speaker 1: Motherfucker's ya. We used to rockulum, we used to the store right there. Okay, listen, yes now, but that's right there is like or.
Speaker 37: You know, a rewarding thing is when butherfucker's like, I got knowledge yourself because of y'all. Like it's because of y'all that I got an interest in learning about myself.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, wow, thank you, because that's why we wanted to do this ship in the first place. You know.
Speaker 4: So, and what's the most record? When people come up to you, they be like, this record? What's the records?
Speaker 1: Respunk? I think it depends on the age.
Speaker 2: For younger people that don't let me slow down, crack slow down, don't let it crack slow downy years.
Speaker 1: You're about thirty five years forty years old? Yeah, well what matter of fact? Yes, yeah, I'm gonna get you some boys here, Ali, of course, it said Ali jean A Lea's hair.
Speaker 4: Yes, no, somebody wait, wait, you writing, you're writing somebody, somebody says Ali.
Speaker 1: Down stairs, somebody said hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 38: He's like, yes, that's one of most little brother. Definitely, I was brother. Now says Ali, so so so now we're gonna, we're gonna try to know.
Speaker 1: We don't have to end it. But on y'all, But what do you think about Donald Trump?
Speaker 11: Do we?
Speaker 1: He said out to do yas? Is he the walk of the beast? Is he's the end of the world, Yes, sir, No, he's at the end of the world. Okay, very awaken. There is no ending of the world. Let me just say that.
Speaker 3: I'm almost happy for Donald Trump, for him or for I'm happy he's here.
Speaker 1: You know why. You know why, because.
Speaker 3: But nothing good comes without struggle, nothing good comes easily.
Speaker 1: Trying to figure out where you're going.
Speaker 3: It's like, for many years, we've had a very hypocritical society.
Speaker 1: We've had a racist society.
Speaker 3: That pretended it wasn't racist, and it allows certain black people to move in a certain way and feel.
Speaker 1: Like it's all good in this motherfucking hood. Well, guess what it's not. It's not and it is like Donald Trump is tired of the facade.
Speaker 3: They're tired of being hypocritical, and they're like, fuck the bullshit, Let's be the white people we were meant to be.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now he's just talking to Ship that a lot of white people are thinking in their head. The reason why people like me arem.
Speaker 3: Blad because I say Ship that you might be thinking in your mind, but you think it's politically incorrect to say.
Speaker 1: Now Trump is doing the same thing. Get back. And I'm not mad at that, because you can't positive ship comes out of chaos. You need people to feel. You need a catalyst. You need someone whoa, oh, we're really fucking up now that it didn't break. I know, but I heard all the kinds of splashing, and you need some crashing. You need you need, you need a catalyst. This is my room. I know. I look like, is he a horseman?
Speaker 3: Maybe what I'm saying is he's somebody that's needed in order for us, for certain people to wake up and put themselves in gear.
Speaker 6: Because even white people who voted for him, like, we fucked.
Speaker 3: Up some of them, some of them, some of them, some of them, he said that they voted for Hillary, were really voted for him.
Speaker 1: Believe that, okay, I believe that they came back and said, yeah, voted for Hillary, but Hillary, they voted for him.
Speaker 3: Because it's all about what you do in the You know, when you buy yourself, that shows what real type of person you are. So if you're hungry and you say you don't eat swine, are you gonna eat the ham sandwich?
Speaker 1: If they're sitting there, I'm not, you're not. But some niggas will if they're not to the certain fortitude, a certain discipline.
Speaker 3: And that's why they want you to be weak of discipline in this world that they promoted. They promote lack of discipline because it's a discipline.
Speaker 1: Merchant will save you no discipline. That motherfucker.
Speaker 3: If you tweet in right now and you said some ship talk ship back to you like because ago it's so sensitive.
Speaker 7: And so.
Speaker 3: Raw, you know what I mean, like and and and anybody that allows their emotions to control them like that as a weak person. And now you allow this motherfucker to run your country? Are you fucking kidding me?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Niggas talk about me every day on the fucking internet.
Speaker 3: If I was to respond int a lot though you like, yeah, because it's funny. It's funny to me, but you get it, like when motherfucker's talk shit to me, I'm laughing and like you're not hurting, Like you know what I mean, Like there's nothing you can say to me that's gonna penetrate my arm.
Speaker 1: Can we squash it with you and Vince Staples? Can we get that unstable? I like Vince.
Speaker 3: This is a little young nigga. I don't got no real beef with Vince Sable. I'm glad that I got love for.
Speaker 1: Aaron Cooks, simple but not y. I think somewhere saying I think somewhere with me and your I was like, I don't even know how to see those guys crossed, Like, but I don't wake up threaking about you the little the little room. At the same time. Let's make it, let's make us at the same time. I come.
Speaker 3: I come from Ara, where you respect your old geez and you gotta respect.
Speaker 1: That you don't talk to your elders in a certain but you know what I mean. Let me be the devil's advocate.
Speaker 4: I want them these niggas think Vince respects on these the older generation, but he spross his older classmen.
Speaker 6: I just think that, you know, he's also a nigga, he's also just us.
Speaker 1: I feel that's just us. So he just responded. But I didn't start this. But my nigga name Miss Staples. He signed a jail or something like that said, niggas. Niggas want the ship that I say. Yo, Miss.
Speaker 11: Niggas want to respond to the ship that I said without the intellectual ammunitioned with me, and then you put yourself in a certain point.
Speaker 1: Of where it gets. We're gonna make it run. We're gonna make it right. I ain't got no problem with him, it's not that serious, not but you trust me if.
Speaker 3: It was only in your house that if I see him on sight, anybody and that I'm.
Speaker 1: Knocking the fuck out. Let's let's put this on. Let's put this tell you that it's not only niggas that's knocking out the sight if I see it on site, on site and yellow Wolf my son Ashy Larry, Oh yeah, nigga, you is Larry. She went on. He's not gonna be no talking. I'm holds that hold us hold us. Why you be with Larry there? Yo, this nigga just crossed the line.
Speaker 3: Fucking you know, his brother's a fact be mad that I said some ship about homos or whatever, and.
Speaker 1: Bah, she just crossed the line.
Speaker 16: He tried to make videos talking bullshit, all his bullshit.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I'm gonna have to back in slap Vastionary. I mean, he wasn't trying to be funny like you know he is.
Speaker 3: He's being disrespectful, but he was not even funny like it was just so larryot hooks.
Speaker 1: And the last one. I don't want to say these niggas that I don't like it.
Speaker 3: I really like, you don't have what these two podcasting niggas, these two podcasts decents and miro O.
Speaker 14: Slap niggas they don't write, don't want I'll slap both of them niggas.
Speaker 1: The niggas niggas think they can play me the funk up mean, I mean the most respect on the.
Speaker 17: Movies tomorrow, my man default Salem, I say him youngers and yoke.
Speaker 1: You know, so we got we got to try State area. What is the Yonkers are? What is that called?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: That's Westchester? Yes, so Yonkers, Yonkers, Mount Vernon show, that's white, that's Westchester, or Chester. That was all the popping, like where black people be at in west Chester? You know what I mean? Everything other than that tell us that. And it was some real hoodship right now.
Speaker 7: Like y.
Speaker 1: You want to fight? I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ashburton, Burton, Cottage, more hands Rin And.
Speaker 4: I want to say something real quick, big up to Dorgy Diamonds because I see something that was recently when Doggy Diamonds.
Speaker 1: Put something this website frightening and he took it down.
Speaker 4: So I want to say, we don't we don't care about none of that, none of that ship, like the Locks, don't ever let nobody the Locks at all, and Doogy Diamonds let somebody do it, and then he took it down, and I love you. I got to salute Doggy Diamonds for for being aware of what's happening. And we we don't we don't understand or we don't care what's going on. But the Locks did so much for hip hop that we don't want to ever hear anybody and fight for you want to fight, I a million dollars, So you want to play social one of the niggas.
Speaker 1: Get that, nigga. Don't want to pull out the Draco a million Dallas.
Speaker 4: You don't want to Draco Sojo Sojio boys against social boys.
Speaker 1: Beat this from the hood, you know, from the fucking hoods?
Speaker 11: For me?
Speaker 1: So what's new for Brandon here? Before we get out of that? For me, only body blows? Only body blow you that boy boy.
Speaker 3: Malcolm X.
Speaker 1: And Lord too big for that?
Speaker 6: What's what's next for brand New be before we get up out of here?
Speaker 1: Tell us the future? What's the future? The future is us? Like that? That was hard? The future is right now on my executive ship, you know what I mean? We got my Mary Cooks, Aaron motherfucking Cooks.
Speaker 4: Like, let me just tell you, like, give me hold on if you believe he has Why don't hear Elliott Wilson training.
Speaker 1: I don't funk with Elliotson.
Speaker 7: I don't like.
Speaker 1: I don't like him, So I'm talking about it. What happened? Let's talk about it, man? What did Elliott do? I just never liked him from the beginning. This happened. I don't even remember. I don't care about him. That's some problem with time. Come see me. Regular got mex I'm gonna be honest my money on you. I'm putting my money in my money secure game because I don't like him anywhere. I don't. I can funk with check a little bit. Whos Chuck Wilson? Who he on baby grand check a little bit? But I feel like you talk about the biggas. Chuck Elliott Wilson is down together.
Speaker 13: I gotta grid from every date oigas he's angry.
Speaker 1: You're not even angry. I'm not even angry now. I don't even about them niggas. And if they feel some type.
Speaker 7: Of way, come on, jail man, come over.
Speaker 1: They don't added that ship that I'm trying to shout. That's a market right. Whoever got that ring, don't turn it off please, because it's making me depraved. Because my niggas is home. Then your ring tone made me sad home. So listen, shot and let's make some missus asks me and drug we love No no, no, no, no, yess you are oh yes you are you It wasn't up sober. Let's just to throw that out there.
Speaker 7: You don't like anyway years ago. I don't like him from years ago. If you put some type of weight, he'll come to me as a man, this sweet to me as a man.
Speaker 1: Other than that, smack the ship out, I just want to see the way out.
Speaker 3: There that I've been always been like an A and R ever since, like I was a little kid, like I was always a fucking hens and.
Speaker 1: Doat rappers and all this type of ship.
Speaker 3: I just want to say, this kid right here, and I'm not just sing because I funk with him.
Speaker 1: He's one of my favorite rappers of all time. I just want to say, like, seriously, whatever, it's gonna be a beach. If you want to do something.
Speaker 4: Can be on.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 1: You know, I never liked it for you want to do something. It's real good personal kid. I was funny with the same bright you know. Love it.
Speaker 4: I can't thank you enough for coming to hang out with us, and we really support you.
Speaker 1: And I'm not supporting you know. Eric cooks you about Noah, Yeah yeah, let me tell you how to cook up. And if you ever want to do something, I believe you because in the drive. Yeah good