Speaker 1: Check it down man, Thursday morning, August twenty second. It is the Beating the Book podcast. US Open Tennis preview betting preview skill Alexander pumped because the draw just happened. I have not even seen it, but my two guests have. Drew Dinsick of course at Whale Underscore Capper, co host of not only the Deep Dive podcast, which he does with Andy moletor That's the Deep Dive Podcast with Andy Montor, but also NBC Sports bet the edge was happening, Drew, thank you for doing this well yet again.
Speaker 2: My friend it is. It is a great tradition. I appreciate being invited back. And there's a lot going on in the world of tennis right now. And if you're asking yourself, how can you care about tennis when the season's winding down and football is about to start, well, guess what. Preseason's over. We have like eighteen days to sit around and tool of our thumbs before we actually have real NFL games that matter.
Speaker 3: So there is no if you.
Speaker 2: Don't already have a a tennis hard oh you know, placed in your heart. Now is a perfect time to get one, because this US Open is going to be amazing, and yes it is.
Speaker 3: Again, like.
Speaker 2: A lot of fans of this podcast have reached out, you're going to be at the Open this year, I'm not. I'm very, very sad about it. I went last year. It was an incredible experience. I would recommend anyone who cares about tennis to get there at some point just for the experience. And yeah, I'm excited for this year's Open because it's going to be full of drama.
Speaker 1: Full of drama. And you have said it brilliantly in the past, which is Tennis has the decency to schedule the Slams perfectly around the NFL season, right like NFL playoffs are happening. Okay, we'll play the Australian Open. NFL seasons about to start. Okay, let's let's end the US Open on the first Sunday. So it's a beautiful thing. I got to tell my US Open story real briefly if I happened before. But first I want to introduce our other guests. Zach Cohen, making his second peer's on the podcast. He was here for Wimbledon. Wimbledon was pre draw, so it was kind of kind of tough for us. And it's grass to begin with. But here we are a US Open. The draw has happened. Zach Cohen at betting on X on Twitter, and he is the glue that holds VS in together. How you doing, Zach doing well?
Speaker 4: Echo the set of it of the scheduling being perfect. I just feel like, you know that the hardcourt season for tennis is just at the perfect time where you know we're slow for football. You just got to kind of dive in two hours and hours of tennis. And it was a really exciting build up to the US Open. It's almost like a build up to WrestleMania if you're a wrestling fan out there. And we had we had the Yanick Sinner drama too to cap it all off. So yeah, just a really fun time to be in on tennis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me tell you a US Open story real quick, which may not be interesting to anybody, but I just this, this tripped me out when it happened. I have been to the US Open one day in my life. It is a bucket list item. I've always wanted to go to the US Open, especially at night in the night session, because it gets raucous there. So I can't remember what year this was, but it was about eight nine years go thereabouts. I saw Sloan Stevens play Anna Ivanovitch for instance. That gives you an idea about what years we're talking about young Sloane Stevens. And then we went to another court and we watched Gial Simone play Marty Fish, which which which people are going to be like, what the hell Jill Simone versus Marty Fish and I had the same reaction. It went late in the night. It was a great match. Whatever. But then last year have you seen this Marty Fish documentary? Have you guys seen this at all?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: This is the one where he basically is talking about his struggles of yes, he fell into a tough time and then he worked his way out. He was Andy Rocks like basically hitting partner was like, wait a minute, I'm good enough to play exactly.
Speaker 3: That is a good watch.
Speaker 1: So that's the documentary. It's basically about Marty Fish losing his like mental health crisis on the tennis court. That was the night I was there. That was the match. So it's like he's like, this is the match and I saw currently the match that I was there present for watching. I had no idea that marty Fish inside his cranium was having a mental breakdown, the likes of which defined his entire career. I love that freaking out yeah twenty eleven.
Speaker 2: Twenty eleven and the cooler coolest parts about that if you haven't already watched it is like him in the car all right, like you get all of the extra yes, Like he doesn't just like talk about what happened. They have like footage of like like literally just like I can't do this, I can't play like that's that was crazy. I can't believe you're there.
Speaker 1: I'm literally watching the documentary looking up in the stands to see if I could see myself out there. I was sitting right about there anyway, Okay, said you brought up Yonic Center. Let's just start there. So Yanick Center. For those who missed it this week, this came out of the blue. Drew was actually on air with me on a numbers game Tuesday morning, as he always is, and this happened apparently because he told me about it right before he came on, which is, oh, look at this. Uh. Yanick Onyx Center apparently tested positive for a very small amount of a banned substance, but it was quickly ruled that it was inadvertent applied by a masseuse, and so he was not suspended. He was fined and docked the points from from Indian Wells that he had garnered. Otherwise, other than that, though there was no suspension, it was swept under the carpet, and here we are all these months later. It's like the ATP was quick to be like, there's no problem. We really we really appreciate the quick ruling on that. It was a wonderful thing and it was found to have no no, no fault of his Let's just start there a just for your personally, like do you think it's bullshit? And then two, do you think after all this time, because Yanick Center has been playing with this quote unquote hanging over his head, but he knew that the public didn't know about it, do you think this will have any effect on his game in the US Open.
Speaker 3: That's a fair question.
Speaker 2: I'll jump in first, and I'm going to do my best not to get you sued.
Speaker 3: Gil.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you think that your favorite tennis player, man or woman in history is not using some sort of performance enhancement to be able to withstand the physical just absolute war on the body that the atp or air w t A tour is then you're living under a rock. And so like hearing that, you know, hearing that, oh, somebody at the top of the sport got popped, like it should never really surprise you unless you are you know again like blissfully ignorant.
Speaker 3: But that's fine. And I and.
Speaker 2: To me at least, the you know, the more powerful you are, the more money you have, you have a team of chemists who are keeping you know, towing the line of you know, whatever it is, you know, whatever is allowed.
Speaker 3: I mean like this isn't I'm not this is you know this, this is how it works at the highest level.
Speaker 2: And you know, there's so much money at stake and there's you know there there is so much you know, legacy at stake that yeah, you toe the line.
Speaker 3: You are very careful generally.
Speaker 2: And the fact that this weird kind of random tiny amount slipped through the cracks through some bizarre like they like the explanation was so bizarre, it's almost you have to believe it. But and but that said, like it it's kind of strangely giving tennis cover for what is probably a bigger issue that ought to be explored, which is like the therapeutic use you use exemptions for, like the asthma medications that they're taking, the testosterone creams that they use that don't flag and like, you know, so I think ultimately like it was probably harmless. The only kind of uh maybe it wasn't harmless in the back of my head was that, oh, I don't know, YadA Center missed the Olympics because of tonselitis what oh and and this was going on at the same time, like huh yeah, Olympic Olympic testing program a little different.
Speaker 3: Uh. And you know it may have it may have been.
Speaker 2: You know, somewhat team decision oriented that he you know that he uh uh you know, stay out of that. But but again, like you know, I want the best tennis players healthy, playing the best tennis the most of the year, so I don't really care what they're doing to get themselves onto the court, uh and being in top shape. And again, like if you think that some of the all time greats, the guys we would consider the greatest guys in gals that we would consider the greatest in sport, haven't you know towed the line?
Speaker 3: Uh? Then I got I got, I got a lovely piece of land in California City to sell you.
Speaker 1: I don't think we're gonna get suit for that at all. Drew, thank you for couching it the way that the couch By the way, I agree with everything you've said, but it still comes down to the question of there there is a mental aspect to this, right because I even with all that said, sure does yonick center then now that it's out there, is he the type of guy? There's no way to know for sure, but is do you have to as a handicapper just kind of keep it in the back of your mind if you see him sort of not play well. Let's say, I'm just gonna go hypothetical. If he's not playing well in the first couple of rounds, will it creep into your head? Oh, he's probably just like not mentally all there right now because of this.
Speaker 4: Or so I gotta say, like the worst part about it is like because I don't want to believe that he is using it. I mean, I agree, like these guys are probably all using something, but you know, the timing of it. His body started to break down afterwards, and you know, after he had gotten you know, three or four months being completely healthy, and he's a guy that has historically battled injuries throughout his career. Now all of a sudden, you know, he fails these two tests. Now he's you know, starting to have the hip flare up again. His stamina is an issue on the court, so you know, that kind of is an argument for that he was using something, and you know, you know that's kind of what I'm concerned about going into the US Open is kind of his body, you know, handle best of five tennis again, especially in human conditions. We just saw a tournament that he won in Cincinnati, but you know, there were matches that he looked really banged up. There were people that didn't think he was going to play the final of that tournament. He was able to make it his way through it, but yeah, I'm definitely nervous about the physical aspect of it. Also strikes me as a type of kid that like will feel guilty about what happened.
Speaker 1: That's what That's what I'm getting at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not not the type of guy that, like Djokovic, is going to embrace the villain status.
Speaker 1: That's that's what I mean, Right, Djokovic wouldn't care I wouldn't even ask the question, was Djokovic but center, I don't know, I don't know. It's just in the back of my mind.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, it's it's it's honestly, the mental part of it is enough for me to be a little cool independent of what, you know, whatever advantage I see on price for him, and you know it, Uh yeah, I you know, he's he ended up with you know, we can pivot right to the draw.
Speaker 3: He ended up with the draw where you know he's going to have to again.
Speaker 2: You brought up the Anna Ivanovich Slan Stevens match, like, yeah, I imagine that was tilted. I imagine the crowd was pretty pro Sloan Stevens, a pretty anti Anavanovich.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you look at Sinner's draw. He's gonna He's got a.
Speaker 2: Couple of matches where he is not going to be the crowd favorite. You add a little bit of you know, a little bit of motivation for uh, you know, the New Yorkers to kind of get up his ass, and all of a sudden, like yeah, maybe he is not like especially performing well mentally and and and isn't enjoying this experience and is ready to go home. Like that wouldn't shock me. But that said, you know, the quality of tennis you're seeing from him right.
Speaker 3: Now is pretty unreal. So uh, he's a he's a tough bet against.
Speaker 1: All right, So talk to me about the draw. Both of you have seen it. I have not. I was doing a show. So let's break it. Let's break down the men's sort of quarter by quarter if you could, the headlines drew as you see it.
Speaker 3: Sure, so, uh the sinner's quarters is he Center.
Speaker 2: Is your first your first seed, So he's in Q one, top of the draw, and his draw is is bad.
Speaker 3: It's tough in particular.
Speaker 2: I look at quarterfinals, semi finals, and he's you know, if he gets to that point in the tournament, he is drawn Daniel Medvedev in the quarterfinal, who plays his best tennis at this particular venue, and he is drawing Carlos al Kraz in the semi finals, who's of course a poor previous champion here and has clearly shaken some of the injury concerns that existed for him in the fall, I mean in spring, and maybe a little bit even a little bit fresher than Center at this point, and has also embraced the best of five tennis to the degree that I think should scare everyone on tour. So you know, Centner's quarterfinal matchup, semifinal matchup are gnarly, and then at that point you're presumably playing Djokovic in the final because you have an imbalanced draw between top and bottom. You know, Djokovic and saverev are on the bottom center and al Kraz are on the top, And I think two of those three are not you know, two of the three of those four not like the others in terms of you know, championship equity here, and they happen to be on the top. So Sinner, if you like him at this particular venue and you think he's winning his second second hard court slamb of the season, I would almost say your best bet is to just bet and match by match, because he's going to be a dog against Outcrass, he could be a dog against Djokovic, and he's going to be a short favorite against Medvedev, I would think, So you can probably exercise a little bit better value betting center match by match if you like. And you know, I think it's pretty clear that Q two is wide open for al Kraz, and I think it's pretty clear that the bottom half is wide open for Djokovic.
Speaker 1: Djokovic is Q four's verevus Q three.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: So Djokovic going, of course for his uh for his twenty fifth Grand Slam Singles title. After he gets the goal at the Olympics, that was like the big crowning sort of victory that he had not had through his other otherwise illustrious career. He gets that in the it was just the most awesome, awesome final against Carlos Alkarez. But to get a twenty fifth, that perfect number twenty five, that would also get him above Margaret Court, just for like historical context, since that would almost be, like you talk about it, if there's anything else left. The Olympics was the big thing left, but that would be the other thing. And so Djokovic gets the favorable draw. Is that generally how you see it?
Speaker 4: Zach as well, I think that Djokovic early on has some tests. I do think that his quarter, you know, later on, you know, third, fourth rounds, is definitely easier than the other guys. But you know, he's gonna potentially get like John Leonard strufe Alexi Popper in the first two matches and then a third round match I believe against either Ben Shelton or Francis Tiafo. So you know, if he doesn't come into this tournament ready to go, like he is going to get tested pretty much, you know, right out the gates, just playing a bunch of big servers. But generally speaking, I do think he has the easiest draw of the other guys. So yeah, it's it's looking like twenty five is definitely possible, just especially because he's only going to have to beat you know, Alcoraz or Center, not both of them.
Speaker 1: Uh DraftKings. I just though it was the first book I pulled up does not have men's futures up but right now after the draw, but Fandle does Alcoraz plus one seventy five, Djokovic plus two thirty, Center plus three twenty zero ten to one, and Medvedev, uh sixteen to one. Of the five guys we mentioned at the top. If I came to you from the future and I said, hey, guess what none of those five guys won, this is almost an impossible question to ask.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I guess the two kind of the two narratives that I think are worth pointing out. I think well, the one you were kind of teasing, which is this is Djokovic's chase for twenty five, like take cards on the table, this is his worst slam. Yeah, I don't even really know how you you need you need to say any more than that, Like he struggles in the heat, he struggles at this venue. But a lot of the time that's because this is coming in the part of the calendar where he's played a sugar loaded tennis and this wasn't really born out that way. So you know, he's he's a little bit more well rested than he is in a normal year, I think, And so that's kind of changes the calculus a bit real quick.
Speaker 1: Interrupted with the slams this year, lost a cinner in the Semis I believe at the Australia don't pulled out of.
Speaker 3: The fringe after round four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then lost the Wimbledon final too well right.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, sorry, But the intermedia tournaments he was he was a no show for a lot of those. So it's just his time on court is low and and I think the idea there has been a lot of swirling circulating, and I don't know how much of this is fanboy stuff. For how much of this is coming from his camp, But there's been a lot of circulating like he's going to get number twenty five and then right off into the sunset kind of stuff like that.
Speaker 3: That's not out of the realm of possibility.
Speaker 2: Considering he seems to have, you be pretty satisfied to himself winning gold medal in France. But yeah, I mean, you know, if that ultimately becomes the chase here, then you got to pay attention to that sort of thing, because again, like I didn't think he could elevate his game to the level he did at the in the Olympic final. We hadn't seen tennis like that from him in a really long time, and it was unbelievably impressive stuff. And if he decides I'm going to dig down and I'm going to find that for a couple of matches that I need to in this tournament to get this title, and then I can call it a career because I'll be satisfied.
Speaker 3: Then I don't think any of this should be surprised.
Speaker 2: The other narrative is I think that the gap between the top of the men's tour and the bulk of the men's tour continues to get bigger. There was moments in time where the guys at the top were dealing with injuries, questions were swirling, all kinds of stuff, and you could make the case that this thing is wide open. That was making that case for the front open. I think that the gap has kind of reastateablished a bit. And I you know, if if there is a shock surprise winner here, it's going to be a US player who just captures the momentum of the crowd. I'll uh, you know, Francis Tiafo type of thing.
Speaker 3: I would guess, slash Shelton, that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tiafo, slash Shelton, slash Tommy Paul, Like those are the kind of those guys are playing well enough and couldn't you know, kind of get the get the crowd behind them to the tune of being a problem here, I would suppose.
Speaker 3: But again, like the for any of that to happen, they're going to need some help.
Speaker 2: Like I don't think a player like Tiafo is ousting Djokovic and then getting uh and then getting Zevera a couple of rounds later, and then beating Center or Altcraz in the final, right, like they're gonna need a fortunate break and that's a little tough to predict.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you said it about Tiafo some time ago. Be the home road splits on Tiafo, United States and otherwise this is such an interesting thing, Okay, So I don't know some exact same question. If it's not one of those top five guys, who would it be.
Speaker 4: I mean, my answer for a guy that I think can make a really deep run, I don't know if he'd be able to win it, just because physically I'm not sure where he is. I think Matteo Barrettini has a shot really deep. Yeah, at the same time, you know, I am really high on Zverev in this tournament. They're in the same quarter, so you know it can't be both of them. But Barattini is just playing tennis similar to the level that made him number six in the world a few years ago. He had a really bad performance two weeks ago, which kind of, you know, took a little bit of wind out of those sales. But you know, still a guy that's you know, holds it about ninety percent, has one of the biggest fourhands on tour, is in a really good season so far. Really, you know, winning tournaments on clay, which which I think. You know, I still think hardcore is best surface if or grass. I still think he's a fast court player. So I think that we're going to see Barretini back in the top ten pretty soon. I just wouldn't be surprised if, you know, he kind of makes a statement run at this event, just because health is kind of of the only thing keeping him back from being a top player in the sport. I don't think there's that big of a gap between him and the top guys when he is healthy.
Speaker 1: That's a good answer, because he's serve bodish, if not considered a serve bot. But yet if you if you go on a run with your serve and get free points, is your guy a Mapetchi paracard playing dreue. Is he in this at all?
Speaker 2: I haven't have it searched, but his his serve numbers are hilariously insane. He is the most he is the most diabolical serve on tur diabolical serve on tour right now by margin. You know who kind of got a very very very favorable draw h Taylor Fritz. He is in the top half of Q three the top seeded player. There is Casper Rude, who presumably is good to play and show up everybody else kind of in his little sub section. There is you know, not you mentioned, but Baratini Bartini. Fritz is going to be a fun, uh kind of round three match. But I would imagine Fritz has the crowd there and then if you know, there's a path where he can kind of come through and only have to play a couple of the big boys, which is sort of where he wilts when he does have a little momentum going and you know, I know he or whatever it's worth. He has stunk on the hard court swing to this point in the calendar, but I thought he played very well on the clay swing in Europe this year for reasons unknown, and this is playing relatively slow at least through qualifying here, So he's kind of a little bit of kind of improvement on his all court game could be enough to make a little noise here. So he's been totally forgotten about because he was just not very good in candidate Cincinnati, and I think he's still a top ten player at least by my numbers.
Speaker 1: Talking about home road splits. He's the literal home run, right if it playing in southern California, he's a different player.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's a good point. That's a very good point, all right.
Speaker 1: So we're way too close to the draw being released to have quarter numbers out anywhere. But just a glance, I don't see any because it's way too close, and these take a little bit nice of the US Open to have the draw out though, with some days before the actual tournament begins. Is there anything that catches your eye at any quarter that you can assume you'll probably get a pretty juicy price on. Let's do it hypothetically.
Speaker 2: Well, Q three is where you want to attack on the men's side, And I don't know what kind of price would you expect to zach on market for Barattini versus Fritz.
Speaker 3: If that's round two, I.
Speaker 4: Would say Fritz ends up being like minus two hundred or so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe so basically, so if you can get double the price on Barattini for Q three as you would for Fritz, then I would have to give that some serious consideration. But yeah, those are sort of the two players that stand out in terms of like can take advantage of the weakest sub section of the weakest quarter.
Speaker 3: I think you said that makes sense.
Speaker 1: You said, Rude is the number one seed in Q three.
Speaker 3: Rude is the top seed in there.
Speaker 1: Where is Zverev? Where is he?
Speaker 2: Zverev is the well so you know how I kind of break him up into heats, right, and the top half is Rude, the bottom half of Q three is Verev Okay, and Zverev's little sub section is not tough, but he's got to go through Polga, Rune, Sarundelo. He's going to have some tough middle of the tournament matches that could do a little bit of damage that makes him susceptible in that quarterfinal.
Speaker 1: I think remember it was Verev who had this tournament on his racket the year that Djokovic. Depending on what verb you want to use, Some would say, you know, gently hit a lines person with Others would say bean to the living crap out of a lines person with.
Speaker 2: So he had he had this tournament on his racket twice, that one and then the year that Djokovic barely outlasted him in the semi final. Yeah, I thought Spa was clearly the better player and the mental just got the better of him at the end of that one.
Speaker 1: So you're but you're not giving him serious consideration.
Speaker 3: Here at price.
Speaker 1: Not really at price. Yeah, that's a good that's that's a good call at price.
Speaker 3: Not really. Yeah, he's clearly the fourth choice.
Speaker 1: But yeah, clearly the fourth.
Speaker 4: I did grab zamarrav A twelve to one before the draw, and I do think that he's pretty live to win this tournament. I agree that there's some early matchups that are really tough, but man, I think that the way that the courts are playing, at least from what I've seen in qualifying, is going to help him out a little bit. I think that that forehand has been kind of a nightmare the last few weeks, you know, prevented him from winning some big tournaments. But it's going to sit up in that strike zone for him and make it a little easier for him to just make contact with the ball. He's hitting the ball off the frame of his racket key points now, so that that shot is definitely low in confidence. But I think that his serve and his ability to grind will will help him a little bit here.
Speaker 1: Just as you brought this up, Drew, the you're seeing a noticeable separation like we thought things might have been getting tighter now, but now a bit of a separation between say, the Alcarez center Djokovic line versus the next line down Rune, you brought up what do we feel about him? Because he was one of the names right like him, He was one of these guys. Okay, well, if he's if he continues a trajectory, he will get to the top tier of tennis one day. And it hasn't really happened yet. I probably have the worst record fading that guy than anybody in the world, and all and all of the losses are near wins, right like, he just cuts it out at the end. Where is he Q one, Q two three, Q four?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 1: Where did he end up?
Speaker 2: Oh, he's in Q three. He's in the top half of He's in the top half of his very sub sections. So that would be a round fourmatch. And his draw Israel. He's got to go through his draws off, he's got to go through Messetian. It's basically that little sub section is going to have the best round three matches. You're gonna get Rene Mussetti, You're gonna get Cerrinda o z Vera. Both of those are gonna be must watched that'll be a ton of fun Mateshi Parakard is in there too, so yeah, there you Go is in there.
Speaker 1: So too much of a gonelet in other words, too in there.
Speaker 2: Brandon Knakashima's in there. Corino Busta is back and he's in there.
Speaker 1: Who did you say? Who did you say before? Na Kashima?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Keknanovich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, A little subsection where Zverev exists is full of really fun players.
Speaker 1: By the way, could you guys remind me I have two reminders that you need to give me next year. One don't play grass and then two from the Olympics on to last week. I was having such a run and then I started playing these Winston Salem and Cleveland tournaments. I can't fucking win a match. It's unbelievable. Hey, I've been up five, I had. I had a match where I was up five love in one of the sets and she lost seven to five.
Speaker 3: Gallia, bitch.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, just unbelievable, seven seven set points, four of fifteen on break points like these things happened. And then yesterday was anyway, no one was here.
Speaker 2: The only match I've ever bet at Winston Salem, by the way, was I bet against Alexander Dolgoppolov.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask you, is that is that the one you landed on.
Speaker 2: That's a great Back in the day when it leaked that he had like his private ere he had like a plane res to take him to New York, like the day of like he had it like that night he was leaving and you're like, oh, I guess he's not winning this match. Said he was a minus pondered favorite. He closed like plus three thirty or something. That was that was quite fun.
Speaker 1: Oh I wish I was on the tennis threadback then.
Speaker 3: Oh I have some screenshots from from our conversation. It was hilarious.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Okay, So then, so the best quarter bets that I'm hearing were that you're going to keep an eye on the Fritz Barattini thing for Q three since we don't have those out there, but that's a potential quarterback at Baratini. Was you know more than double Fritz you said there, because it'll probably Uh, I think you're right, Zach. I think it's probably a round minus two hundred on Fritz in that maybe a little lower but somewhere in there. But to win it all then in the end, you do you have it out right here? Or now it's twelve to one, Drew, you have a ton to one.
Speaker 4: I don't the gunplay it.
Speaker 2: I haven't played anything yet because this looks like it's going to check out to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, and is there a first round match? Again? I haven't looked. I don't do we have first round lines up? Again? This is happening right as the draw came out. So I apologize for how quickly we did this, but this is by the way, I'm looking at some of these. Uh, let me see some of these markets here. In addition to outrights, what do they have here? They got some props populating right now. Is there a first round match that you are eyeing and you're like, oh, this could be a batable opportunity.
Speaker 2: Uh, there's a couple on the women's side that really stand out as like pretty high level, pretty sing and like I mentioned, the quarter to watch is going to be Q three. The sub section is a Verev sub section. There's some unbelievably cool fun matches in there.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, let's let's talk about go ahead.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, yeah, say yet? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Our guy GMP against etrvery Round one is going to be a ton of fun. I would take GMP clearly as a dog, which I would expect he is in that one. I think russ Or can cover against Saverev. He has always been a tough matchup for Zverev. I think Nakashima can cover against Rene. Rene plays with his food way too much at the slam level. And yeah, I think I think Fritz and Bertini come through cleanly in that Q three and uh, there's going to be some interesting opportunities to continue to bet that quarter in round two and round three, So I think it's important to pay attention to all those matches.
Speaker 1: Plays with his food such a great expression.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, i'd want just outside of that quarter. I think Coconakis could be since a pass. I've seen enough that. Yeah, I just think that he's a nightmare right now. Like the backhand has always been an issue. Now the forehand is missing, you know, more than we're used to it seeing. And obviously it's been so bad that he fired his dad. So I think there's a chance that we see Coconacus win that match.
Speaker 1: And he finally came out and just blasted his dad. Oh yeah, it was fantastic.
Speaker 4: Been holding that in for years.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised. I'm surprised his dad didn't come back and say, oh, you think it's me? What about that girl right there?
Speaker 2: The other the other the other two must watch around once. Uh we got Fabio Fonini against Thomas Mahach. Those are two showmen. Yes, like that's going to be a ton of fun. Fini, of course, has a rich history of showing out at the US Open. Even if he is his best tennis is long behind him and right below them. Sebastian Corda versus Moute will be a ton of fun. That's a really even matched by my numbers, So I'll probably be on whoever the dog is in that one corn Moute.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go to the women's side. This is pretty interesting because we have a women's tour where again raw data egostattech the world number one has the best hardcore numbers. But we have all the all the ladies at the top of the tour with big question marks. Maybe not Sabal Linca, maybe she's the exception, but IgA has had some uneven right she she's up for love against Jan Chin win at the Olympics. I know it's clay, but that's her surface. She gags it. Then, Uh, what's the most recent ego one? What I'm going to slipping my mind right now? Canada? Was it she and Canada? Where she where she lost? I can't remember now if that's on my head. Yeah, Sabaleka sabalancin straight sets, that's right after she she played well in the previous round against uh Andreva, but she loses in straight sets of Sabalaka. And then you have Elena RABAKKAA I don't even know if a Lena Rabakan is gonna play in this tournament at this.
Speaker 3: Point, she's seated fourth for now, seated fourth for now.
Speaker 1: And then there's Coco Golf, who drew you were all over at different times this year saying you know that you. I think at one time you'll you'll help me out with it because I think one time you were super positive, one time you're super negative. Maybe, I think. But Coco Golf, my god, her game is I think Zach, you and I were fading her in one big match where she was a huge favorite and we got we got home on that. Her forehand is just a mess. Oh it was the the putin seven match. Julia putin Seva where it's like Coco. She lost the first set and then she was she won the second, she was up a break four two in the third, and then it's like someone else inhabited her body and she could not get it. It was amazing. It's nice to be on the on the right side of one of those where someone else inhabits the body. So you have a lot of question marks at the top of the tour, and so it begs the question, is this finally the slam were long shot? Play on the women's side are definitely the move.
Speaker 4: I have a semi I mean, it's not a long shot. I think that this is the tournament where you see I like Jessica Pagoula quite a bit. At twelve to one. I think that, you know, maybe it's a little bit of recentcy bias having seen her, you know, in Cincinnati and Toronto, but I just thought she looks great at both those tournaments. I think she took you know, some time off early in this early in the year to work on her serve. That was a really good reset for her, you know, physically, and now that she is serving well, I just think that this is a really good tournament for her, and there's obviously pressure being an American playing at the US Open. But you know, she has really quick, you know, compact strokes on the base line. She could generate power, you know, pretty easily. And I think that she's a good defensive player. So I like her chances, you know, as much as anyone in the top tier. So I grabs her at that number. Just I don't think that the gap is that big between the you know, big four. I guess we'll call it on the women's side and.
Speaker 1: Her Kelly Kelly always says Kelly Billin, who is on a numbers game with me, always says this when I have a Pagoula match handicap. He's always like, is she gonna be okay if she loses a match? I mean, like financially.
Speaker 2: That was one of the highlights of the Olympics was Lebron James taking a photo with Emma Navarro and Jessica Goula and he was the poorest person.
Speaker 1: Poorest person, Yeah, that is great. Jesse Bula's dad where it's seven and a half billion, and I think Navarro's dad worth one and a half billions. So she's like a pauper compared to Pegoula. Oh so that's an interesting one. Butoula twelve to one. By the way, how did the women's draw shakeout? Let's start there also.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess let me go back this step. I take exception to your qualification of the way that the women's game is right now.
Speaker 3: Oh, we are the last sled. What do you missed the time?
Speaker 2: We're finally gonna get some chaos And women's Sam Wimbledon final was the most absurd, ridiculous pairing that we have seen in our lifetimes.
Speaker 1: Gil on the on the heels of the hell on the heels of the previous year where Marquete Vandersova won it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you thought you thoughta come down to know where it was weird?
Speaker 3: I could do you one better.
Speaker 4: How about Chika a versus Falidi?
Speaker 2: That was, like, I like, by my numbers, that happening was something like one in twenty five thou Oh, I texted you, I asked you, and I I'm I'm I'm still like, how how did that happen? And I think that's kind of what you need to kind of consider for just the way that the women's game is right now. And like it's maybe not that there's the gap is narrow between the top and the middle class. It's that the gap between maybe player five and player eighty five is not that high.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think.
Speaker 2: Like certainly the fact that you have less confidence that the Rebaccans of the world are just going to take care of business and knock out some of the challengers. Less confidence in the world that you know that somebody is not going to step up their game against egon a given day. Less confidence that sabalancas you know, she's been dealing with injuries, but looked quite good in Cincinnati obviously, and uh, you know, but still is you know, gets to the quarterfinals, their semi final stages of Slams and has you know, just full on checks out. So you know, it's it's uh, it's definitely opens the door for the uncertain. And I think also like the new wave of good young players has arrived.
Speaker 1: That's what I was going to ask you, is is there is it worth a shot on Mirra Andreva?
Speaker 2: Is it Worthreva has arrived, Diana Schneider has arrived, you know, to a less degree and not especially young. But Emmin Navarro is is here, like she's capable of beating the best on any given day. And like, just the fact that this kind of class is, uh, you know, supplanting the costat Quinas and the Sacris of the world, who you had relatively low confidence that they were going to get it done against the best, is making the game more competitive.
Speaker 1: I think it's all. Let me if I just went through like a roll call of players and you just shout out, consider it better or not talking about out right now? Andreva Mira, Andreva ninth. Well she's down to nineteen to one. Wow, she really crashed.
Speaker 3: She got a bad draw too.
Speaker 1: Oh she did. Okay, let's go through that first of all, before I go through the name roll call Q one, Q one through Q four. What do you got here? How did it shake you?
Speaker 2: So here's here's how it looks. So Q one is egast quarter as is now tradition. She has three buys, and then it gets real, real interesting and real tough.
Speaker 1: Drew doesn't mean actual buys, but yes, that's right.
Speaker 2: Would be like she'll be minus five thousand, minus five thousand, minus five thousand, and then and then it gets interesting. She's got a round four head to head with Mira. Oh boy, which is interesting. Danielle freaking Collins and Pagoula.
Speaker 1: She's always with freaking Collins. Freaking Colins, follows.
Speaker 2: Around Collins like you know, you want, you want, you want Women's tennis Agro buckle up for IgA freaking Collins in the quarterfinal there at Q one and so yeah, I mean honestly, like those are two tough matches. The the quarter two is pretty weak. You have Paulini, Putinzeva, Leila Fernandez, Osaka Ostapenko like these are these are all you know, could be good, but could also no show. And then of course it's anchored by Rabakna, who were not expecting much from so it's there. There's there's a lot of kind of middle class swings you could have in Q two if you wanted, But realistically, anyone who comes out of Q two I would be shocked if they can advance to a final over whoever wins Q one, which is probably EGA. Q three is the weakest quarter, anchored by Coco Goff. Second choice in that quarter is Barbara Kachikova, and actually the player who is playing the best currently of any player in Q three right now is Paul Badosa.
Speaker 1: I was gonna just got her the roll call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she got a clean path to a quarterfinal in Q three where she's only gonna have to play one of Emma Navarro or uh or Cocoa Golf. And then the Q four is very top heavy, as you have Arena Sablanca with a with a very soft path to a quarterfinal against uh. You know a number of players who she's going to be huge favorites against, including jancsh Win. Best match of round one is in Q four with jancsh Win against and Amanda and a Samova.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's going to be super fun.
Speaker 1: Who's been playing really well.
Speaker 2: Uh and uh Yeah, I think ultimately the draw looks fairly balanced.
Speaker 3: Uh and it looks fairly.
Speaker 2: Likely that you're going to have an Ega Sabolenka part two after seeing them face off in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Man, let me just say that, so Ego would be Ego looking for her sixth Slam and her second US Open. That's the other thing about the flip of the coin. The flip the flip side of the corner with the Ego Ego wins this. She is on a serena pace at her age six Slam at age twenty three, Sablenka looking to close the gap because right now on tour Ega with five, only Krejikova and Sablenka even have two. So Sabolenka looking to get her third Slam. But as you lay that out, Drew, Now, I just looked at the outrights Bodosa, Who's Q is in the cocoa golf, Krejikova Q three that you just laid out, Bodosa's forty two to one to win at all? I wonder what her cue, what her quarter number will be because that sounds kind of juicy. And then that that second quarter. I mean, Osaka just didn't After that French Open and match against Ego, we were like, oh, boy, Osaka, US Open hasn't really worked out that way? Has it?
Speaker 3: Since? No? Yeah, I can't explain it.
Speaker 1: And Ostapenko has been choppy to use the Wall Street term, So I don't know. I mean, is that if we're Baknna is who knows if she even goes. But if we're Bakna plays, you know, and has it has a sideways performance? Whatever? Is Paulini the favorite in that quarter again? Paulini trying to get to her third straight Slam final by the way, I mean, I give up. Can you imagine if she got to three straight Slam finals. Sag and Zach, what were you saying?
Speaker 4: They're like, I don't think you can throw darts on the tournament per se, But I think quarter two there's there's some opportunity. I think like Carolina Mukhova as a player that could easily come out of that portion because I do think you know, she has the Osaka matchup in round one, right or on our ground two. I think that one, even if it happens like I would take Mojova easily, and I just think you're gonna probably get a really good number on her and just a player that's probably a top ten player also when she's when she's healthy, So I think that's probably where i'd go there.
Speaker 1: I agree Zach I had her to win her quarter at Wimbledon. Didn't work out. But I'm with you on Macova. She is you know, she's had the injury, so she went away for a while, but she's a French Open finalist. Obviously.
Speaker 2: My numbers say Paulini is a bet against here. Uh she's got and rescue first first match, that's not easy. Putin Seva would be round three. That would be tricky. Carolyn plusko a round who could be tricky depending on how her serve is in terms of rhythm. Yeah, Paulini's got just just a test every step of the way. If she makes this, it almost looks like this draw is set up to stop the madness.
Speaker 1: Enough of this, Enough of this little girl by the way, who couldn't be any more adorable and charming. I must say if he.
Speaker 2: Was a great addition to the c and but you know, let's give somebody else a chance to win some stuff for God's sake.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if I just went through so it sounds like so the opportunities will exist in Q two. For Q two and Q three, I'll add the Coco quarter. Those look to me to be the opportunities. Though, So if if fiatech, let's do it this way. If Tech can't get out of Q one, who does.
Speaker 3: Oh Man?
Speaker 2: Probably Paula first choice, dreav A second choice, Collins third choice.
Speaker 1: I would agree with that in that order. And then in Q four, if it's not Herena Sabalanka is a junction win or someone else.
Speaker 4: I think the winner of that match goes goes d. I could see at a Smova also going, you know, all the way up to imaginegains sabol Anca, she wins that first round.
Speaker 1: This is I'm actually much more pumped for the women's side looking at this draw. And I mean, obviously the tour is that way too now, but but this.
Speaker 2: Is this is I mean, the men's let's be honest, the men's US Open starts in like a week and a half.
Speaker 1: That's right, That's exactly right. That's it kind of gets down to that. You'll have the Drapers of the world and those kinds of guys having great performances. But it's like, yeah, it doesn't really start till then. But this, man, it does not get better than this. So, so Zach, you have just a review. You have Zverev on the men's side, you have Pagoula on the women's side. As outrights both pre draw you bet, I would imagine, and then drew the only you don't have anything in pocket right now, in an outright or anything. Nothing.
Speaker 2: No, I'm I'm literally doing my numbers as we are. We are broadcasting here because the draw for whatever reason, you know, they did the draw quite a long time ago. But they made us wait for absolutely no reason. Yeah, and so I'm just just getting to this now, but I will tell you my numbers right now. Have I mean again, I haven't finished my sims of how I think the tournament is going to play out. But I look at I'm going to sort my rankings just basically my players by ranking here IgA and sable Anka number one and number two with narrow ish margin between them, and then big old gap Rebakana, who I have as a do not bet third, Cocoa Golf fourth.
Speaker 3: Actually, hang on, do not bet.
Speaker 1: Coco, do not bet. She is, by the way, we should mention she is the defending champion, for God's sakes, but do not bet.
Speaker 4: And you're getting a better number on her than you could have imagined, you know two months ago.
Speaker 1: Well last year, that hard court season where she was in d C and beyond, like she was just unbelievable on the way on the lead up, and now she's the opposite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, you know, like obviously the crowd's gonna the crowd is going to get behind her.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: So for sure, you know there's there's a chance that she she goes you know, she does it but yeah, the for me, it goes Forbakna then Golf. There's a tiny margin between Rebaccna, Golf, Collins and Jang for me right now, And actually Pagoula is right there as well, like you, very very narrow margin between three through seven for me, and I have lines through Rebakkna GoF just based on price and expectation for Rebakna of concerns about withdrawing. But Dosa is my eighth and highest ranked player right now, the way that she's playing, and I know that like this it shouldn't be shocking because we've always known she had that kind of ceiling. She's made the final light before, I think on the wat A Tour, so like not crazy, but her number is way up relative to what it has been.
Speaker 3: My number on Azarenka is pretty favorable right now. I'm not sure exactly why that is. I'm going to dig into her results a little bit.
Speaker 2: My number on Andreva is very favorable, Navarro, Paulini, Kalanskaya, Schneider, and and then that's kind of where it drops off to sort of the next the next tier of competitors.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean my the difference for me between.
Speaker 2: Uh, the eighth best player in Pallabadosa and the thirty first best player in Alexandrova is not that much. Yeah, and uh, you know there are and we have I have circles around Anisimova, circles around Lukhova, just based on like how they look now volatility, yeah, and how that Yeah, how they're coming on at the right of time.
Speaker 1: So yeah, speak, yeah, I don't know volatility is the right word exactly, like and this Imova's was an awfully tough player to handicap this year because you just didn't have that much data to support it, you knowing which version of her are we getting? The same thing as we talked about with with Makova. The other thing that you brought up when you're going through those numbers, because these check out also with some of mine that obviously Ega has maintained this high level of of data in terms of service return, service service percentage throughout her career. The other player that you mentioned, and you're going through Sabalanca and every one of them, the most consistent player in that group, right, Like, so the Bodosa was it three years ago when she won Indian Welles or two years ago the same year that I think Basishvili won it, or maybe that was a different year. I can't remember, but anyway, she won Indian. Well, she had that moment in her career, but then she's had the injuries and she's come back up. All these players, Sablanca up and then down. Pagoula is the other most consistent player in all of it. Like her level never dropped in any of this, Like, yes, she had it, you know, she has a minuscule drop. Obviously she wanted to work on the serve, but it has always maintained at a certain level. I just think that's anyway, for those of us who are nerdy about it and dorky about it, that's interesting to me that she, besides IgA, has been the most consistent at least according to what I've had. Let me just go through this roll call in numbers. First of all, Arena Sabalanca is the short shot to win this. For those who are wondering, it is plus two forty. I'm seeing it. Saba first, Aablanca shot. She is the short shot at least I'm looking at FanDuel she is plus two forty, and then Ega is plus three seventy. Shop around. Wow, Yeah, let me see if that's the same. Let me let me go to DraftKings. Is that the same as DraftKings. By the way, there's now they're doing double chance. They're doing double chance. Uh markets as well. I'm saying, let me go to DraftKings to see what they have here. French open women. Now they have men up too. French open women. Yeah no, French wow, listen to this. Wait a minute. French open women at DraftKings tech minus one seventy five Sabalanca four to one. So I think FanDuel is a crazy outlier. That's that's nuts, completely flipped, by the way. So at DraftKings it's let's just let me just do the DraftKings ones. Then FanDuel number is interesting. DraftKings Ego minus one seventy five Sabalanca four to one. Then you have Rabakka on golf both at seven one, Mirah and Dreva down to twelve to one. Vandal had her nineteen to one. When I just loved this is DraftKings, Kurjikova sixteen to one, Janshin went sixteen to one on Jabour, who we haven't even mentioned, eighteen to one. What is she playing? I guess.
Speaker 3: Is in a not great place times.
Speaker 1: Paulini twenty two to one. All right, here's one. Now, I'll ask you guys just to react viscerally. SidD Alina twenty five to one. Any interest, No, No, Mukova twenty eight to one. This is to win outright. Lena Ostapenko has been choppy lately, thirty to one. She's been up and down.
Speaker 3: I've been not seeing it from her, Zach.
Speaker 1: I'm seeing pagool At thirty to one at DraftKings, thirty to one, thirty to one at DraftKings, these things. You know what, guys, you know what. I'm looking at the goddamn wrong market. Here I pressed, I completely pressed on the wrong thing, pressed on the wrong thing. Forget it. Let's go back to those that that was this DraftKings does not have it up. Forget what I just said. This is this is. Let's go back to fandel I Botch. That Arena Sabalanca is the short shot at plus two forty egos Fiatec plus three seventy. I must have been looking at French Open next year. Yeah, Coco plus seven to fifty. We're baking a nine to one. Pagoula eleven to one now we're talking and Dreva nineteen to one, Osaka twenty one to one. No, thank you, freaking Collins twenty nine to one. Janson went twenty nine to one, Paalini thirty two to one. Oh, here's one. Emma rod Ocanu thirty eight to one. Former champion, no anyone, no Bueller, no anyway, okay, but doses forty but doses forty two to one. That's got to be the best number on the board, especially as we look forward to quarter numbers. Maddis forty five to one. Anyone.
Speaker 4: I was there on the on Wimbledon and just yeah, that was that was her shot.
Speaker 1: Mukhova, Navarre, and Schneid are all fifty to one. For Djikova and an Issimova fifty five to one, and then everybody else. M wow, Maria Zakari one hundred to one. Wow, falling off of cause one.
Speaker 4: I'm always interested in it. Just I think it's gonna happen, like a deep run is gonna happen soon. Is Marta Kostuk. I think that she's, you know, a really interesting player that can kind of beat anyone, So you know she's there. I think one hundred to one, I don't think it's gonna happen here. But she's had a really good season, has had some really big wins at majors, and that's like a deep shot that I think will play off at some point.
Speaker 1: Leela Fernandez former finalist, and Anna Kalinskaya who you mentioned, drew both one hundred and ten to one.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Azarenka who you mentioned one hundred and twenty to one. Wow.
Speaker 3: Those are big numbers.
Speaker 1: Those are big numbers. Wos Niaki do anything for you here?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, nothing else. O'kare like in like the fifties right now?
Speaker 1: Sloan do anything for you. Sloan is always one of these who can just step it up at some point, but not anymore. No, all right, I think that's all. That's all the numbers. That's all the numbers I got. By the way, what a disappointment Peyton Stearns has been to me as well.
Speaker 3: She's well, oh did she lose today?
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm just saying she's like, I'm just looking at the odds like two hundred and fifty to one, you know, like I don't. I'm just trying to see like it doesn't get longer than two hundred and fifty to one. So anyway, so it sounds to me like, again Q two, Q three, huge opportunities potentially, and I'm going to stare at that Bodosa number, wait for that Bodosa number, for for Q three, for sure, who is who is the player? So what about those first round matches you were talking about, Drew, what's the one.
Speaker 2: You're uh, oh, we definitely Anthemova janction one. That one's going to be absolutely sick.
Speaker 1: Do we have a price?
Speaker 3: I haven't seen anything yet. The uh what do you call it?
Speaker 2: On board that you mentioned having a little bit of a tough time lately. She drew koud Matova round one, which is fascinating to me. So she's been very poor lately and actually I had to like literally search for her in my rankings.
Speaker 3: I was, so I was like, where is she? But the.
Speaker 2: The just the quality of the round one mnch is from top to bottom look pretty darn good to me. On the women's side, we mentioned, well, yeah, I haven't talked much about Diane Schneider.
Speaker 1: Yes, and.
Speaker 3: I think it's worth kind of noting that. Sorry, I'm having in trouble with my something stupid as as I'm trying to to make numbers while alive on the air. But the best, I think the.
Speaker 1: Best was that French shop and we did while the draw was coming out and we were reacting, what the yeah, what about Schneider.
Speaker 3: No, she's got an interesting.
Speaker 2: She's got an interesting section, I think, and she's a player that if you are not familiar with, you know, some of the younger players on tour, I would like to kind of highlight her and her game, which to me at least has taken the biggest step forward in the calendar year of twenty twenty four so far. Diana Schneider is a future top fixed player on tour. She could be even higher.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: We called out Mira Andreva early, and I think she's pretty clearly on a path to be like a future world number three, maybe too, maybe one, And I think Schneider is kind of in that class as well.
Speaker 3: She's pretty special.
Speaker 1: Fifty to one in the outrights for Schneider, let's do with the flip side. Top seed among the top seeds to get knocked out first will be.
Speaker 4: Not a top seed for me. I've been fading Daria Cosaquina pretty hard lately. She has some twenty twenty two Arena Cybelenca level of yips right now in her second serve just you know, ten to fifteen double falts a match, you just can't win that way. So maybe she wins her first round match, she's playing Jacqueline Christian. I think you can probably win that match without a serve. But don't see her going much further than that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't wait for this. This is this is awesome. It's a great way.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: There is tennis after this. Obviously there is a there's an indoor heart season, there's the WTA and the ATP finals, but this is really sort of the closes the meat of the tennis calendar, if you will, and it's just gonna be fantastic. So to me, I do have in pocket. I do have EGA, not at a not at as good of a price that is as is available now. I made this ask you.
Speaker 3: A little bit about EGO.
Speaker 1: Yes, please, let's talk about EGA.
Speaker 3: I love talking about going with their second serve. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I'm less. I don't even phrase it that way. I phrase it what's going on inside her her head?
Speaker 3: I do you think it's mental?
Speaker 1: Yes? I think everything with her starts there. I think if she if she didn't put I mean, she was the first to have like a you know, what do you call it? Not a mental coach, but what it was the term for it. Where she was the first to have a sports psychologist with her. So she was pression enough to know that this was a big part of things in her career. I find it fascinating though, that she is again, she's twenty three years old. She has won five slams, and she has won ten one thousands. I believe ten or twelve. She has won ten. She's won twelve one thousands. No, ten, she's won ten one thousands. So the pedigree is there, right, five slams, ten one thousands, And when people say, oh, she's as a clay player, No. Six of the ten one thousands were hardcore. She wins hardcore tournaments and big ones all the time. But she I believe that she more than almost any other top player. Coco has problems with the forehand, but it's physical. I don't think it's mental. Ego. Just puts so much pressure on herself in a way that I believe others do not, or others maybe others do, but others have the ability to block it out in a way that she can't, and so she will get to a match where she'll be smooth sailing and then all of a sudden something will happen to her and it just it will be perplexing. And yet if she wins this tournament, she's like Serena Pace. So it's this weird thing where people like to get on her in a way that I don't feel is justified by the resume. And yet had she not have these, if she didn't have these mental sort of hiccups, in my opinion, she would have an even more massive resume because there are some I mean, let's be honest. You're up for love on Clay at Phillips Chatrier again junk should win and you gack that set? Where did that come from?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: People are people are I mean the numbers on you know, what her opponents are doing to her second serve make it look.
Speaker 3: Very very vulnerable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I don't know if that means she needs to take something off the first serve so that that's just not exposed or what.
Speaker 3: But it's concerning it. I guess.
Speaker 2: For while you were a waxing poetic sorry, I finished, you asked my sense no.
Speaker 3: No. At the time, I was trying to buy time, just like is.
Speaker 1: This guy gonna shut up about this or not? Jeez?
Speaker 3: I finished, finished my sins.
Speaker 2: I have IgA at championship percentage forty eight point seven, so my fare for her would be two point oh five. I have sabol Anca at twenty just under twenty four percent, so my fair for her would be four point one seven. I have fair price on Sablanca to get to the final just under fifty percent. Have fair price on Sablanca to win her quarter at sixty eight percent, So Sablanca at even if you can find out if they hang that like minus one twenty or something Q four, that's probably gonna be one of my bigger bets.
Speaker 1: Which one Sabalanca to get to the final?
Speaker 2: Sablanca q Q four Q four is going to if that if that's like they usually hang when when you know, when you have like a kind of a clear favorite and a weakish quarter, they usually.
Speaker 3: Hang them in like I don't know one one thirty exactly.
Speaker 2: You try to make it just minus enough that you're just you know that you're a little a little uninterested in laying that juice for the tournament.
Speaker 1: But you're fair. Was what I would do that?
Speaker 3: What was your first eight percent to win Q four?
Speaker 1: And by the way, I have EGO plus three twenty to win the whole thing. So by your numbers, that's a good bet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and you know the data.
Speaker 2: Anyone who's making a database number on EGA is going to be betting EGA every week because.
Speaker 3: It's her whole break. Stuff is preposterous.
Speaker 2: Some of that, of course, is a little inflated because when she's that much better, she's, you know, she's she's got a little bit of a bully attitude, you know, which is fine.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: But okay, So my third choice actually by the numbers, would be Cocoa Goff, which surprises me. But I would make her twenty four to one. I have Daniel Collins at thirty four to one. I have jiangshan when at thirty eight to one, Azarenka would be my sixth choice to win.
Speaker 3: Amazingly, at sixty eight to one.
Speaker 2: Her Chikova would be my seventh choice to win. This is so this is kind of folding together the where they fall. It fell in the draw. I suppose with their current ratings, I have to double check some of this, make sure I didn't make any mistakes in terms of calling up you know, the player inputs. But Shier right in the mix there, rod Bodosa's right in the mix there. So those those two, those are two players that I think are probably well off people's radars that I think you should pay attention to in the futures. March two, which do Bodosa and Schneider?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bodosa for sure, Bidosa. That number is way too on Bodosa, that's out there. I think what's your fair on Bodosa.
Speaker 3: For the toe for the tote for the title? Yeah, eighty three to one?
Speaker 1: Okay, so name is so, it's so, it's not so it's.
Speaker 3: Not going to be ambitable to win a title.
Speaker 2: But my fair for Bodosa to win her quarter, I give her about a twelve percent chance to win Q three And so if you can find better than eight to one, ish, I think that's a bet.
Speaker 1: I do not think you will find better than eight to one, that is my guess. By the way, last thing about Ego, I want to say two things. One, I'm glad you said what you said. If you are just if you're running the numbers. You will be betting her every single week, and that's I take a lot of shit on that. People you better you go and everything. Well, yeah, because this is what it says to bet too. Interestingly, what has given me more more hope for Ega to win this Hope is not the right word, but with my bet, it's I'll say hope is the way that that Sabolanca match ended. Do you all see that Sabalanca beat her six three sixty three, But it took Sabalanca forever to put her away on her shirt, which I was like, oh okay, it's like she kind of woke up at the end, but it was too late. But it was this toughness that I was I was very anxious to see and there it was. So we'll see if that carries over and then he sort of snaps out of that.
Speaker 4: And so what it did feel like if it was the best of five, Yes, that's what.
Speaker 1: It felt like. Okay, So Drew, when you just ran through the numbers, then the best bets then juxtaposed, Well, we don't know. We don't know the quarter prices yet, so we don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we see quarter prices, but I'm just kind of guessing from Yeah, where I have these players ranked, it's gonna it's gonna be because you know, there's a bunch of big names in Q three. You could get better than eight to one ubudos, so that wouldn't chock me.
Speaker 1: Maybe, Okay, I hope, so we'll all hope for it, all right, hopefully those hopefully those come out within twenty four hours. But you know how this goes?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: With these books? Yeah? Is there one that usually comes out before the others? MGM and Vegas for sure is the first, if the only, although William Hill sometimes will put them out.
Speaker 3: What is the short offerings are so lean? I can't even really tell you.
Speaker 1: Oh, dude, bookmaker, are you kidding me? They'll never do this anymore?
Speaker 3: Not interested?
Speaker 1: What happened to them? They're not interested? Where did you say?
Speaker 3: Three sixty five second markets?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're pretty fast. They're usually like as far as US market's going, it's right there with DraftKings.
Speaker 1: Are you all familiar with sweep steaks betting? Are you all familiar with this?
Speaker 3: No, no idea? What this is?
Speaker 1: Profit profit Exchange just pulled out of exchange betting and they have made the They did so because either's sports trade and there was Portrait is still doing it. They're they're going to different states with their exchange. Profit decided that the licensing fees state by state was just too ridiculous, and so there is this betting loophole with something called sweepstake's betting. But you can, like people in Texas and California. The upshot of all this is can actually bet on these things through a gambling law loophole. You're gonna hear a lot more about this in the coming year or two, and so Profit is doing that. So anyway, I'm gonna dive into it today and see if see what the tennis offerings are. But it's it's gonna be interesting. I don't know if that's a solution to my question of what's available, but we'll see because I don't even know if I don't even know if futures markets are even part of that, right, it might just be match by match anyway, Just a little just a little tip on that last thing. Drew No no, uh, Drew Enzach both no Week three NFL preseason. I'm guessing you're punting on that, are we? I played a little Colts, a little Colts.
Speaker 2: That's the team that has some talent and got there but kicked in the joint practice that I think is going to want to try to get there, get their mojo going before week one.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's the only thing I played so far, and Zachary nothing.
Speaker 4: Also on the Colts five and a half and I had Buccaneers minus one and a half. I think it's another one where the Tampa is going to play their starters, you know, two or three quarters. Miami's not going to.
Speaker 1: All right, best time of year US Open and Week one in the NFL, we get that that awkward week where Drew goes away with the wife and then he comes back. We went, hey, due, are you doing halftimes this year? Oh?
Speaker 3: Without question?
Speaker 1: What do you do primetime games? Because because wish never.
Speaker 3: Yeah, prime prime chat, primetimers.
Speaker 1: Yeah do you do? Is that a Twitter spaces thing?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: You know we do.
Speaker 2: It goes up on YouTube honestly, like we used to put it up on like you know, I used to just go up on Twitter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, through their video thing. But you got to be a subscriber now to do that.
Speaker 2: And I, for some reason, I'm having a tough time finding it finding it in my heart to get of elon MUK money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm or a broken product.
Speaker 1: I'm not giving it to him personally, but but I through VS and I am so I might do Twitter spaces as well because Todd Wish never wants to do it. Also, all right, us open, good luck with all the bets. Let's look for that. Butdosa Price and Beyond also interesting on the on the men's side, with some of those plays in the in the middle quarters as well. Drew Dinzik Whale Underscore, Capper Deep Dot podcast with Ady Molitor, also NBC Sports Bet The Edge with Jake Croucher. Those come out when typically during the week during football.
Speaker 3: Oh, we're doing daily We're doing day pods now.
Speaker 2: We record Sunday night at like nine pm so that it can be hot fresh five in the morning in everybody's feet on the East Coast.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay. Then uh, and then we record the day before for the other days of the week so that it's.
Speaker 2: Basically in the in the feeds crack of down East Coast time every morning.
Speaker 1: And Zach, you're you're doing Tennis channel pods.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll have some live shows for Tennis Channel on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook. I think Monday, Wednesday, Friday's the schedule, and then those turn into podcasts as well, and then yeah, just a lot of stuff of visa and I'll have best bets every day for the tournament. Friday afternoon, I'll have you know, some futures and draw analysis up just once we have prices out.
Speaker 1: Any any chance of you ever getting on that Tennis Channel live broadcast that they do during some of the matches where the three guys sit around and they just talk smack about the tennis magic front of them.
Speaker 4: I've been on Second Serve before Second Serve be on in a while, but I have been on.
Speaker 1: Before Second Serve. That's exactly what it's called. I apologize obviously. I watch it, so I'm not disparaging it, but it seems like it's ripe for a betting element, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: It was like I think it was originally supposed to be a betting show, and that they you know, it's a little murky on whether or not it is now.
Speaker 1: It is a little murky. Ben Wilson had a little flirtation with them on the betting side of things. Gentlemen, Thank you very much, Thank you for listening. Good luck with all your bets. The US Open begins on Sunday. I think it's Monday right that it begins. I don't even know anymore. Sunday Monday, do we know? Let's see.
Speaker 3: I think it's Monday too on Monday.
Speaker 1: Good luck, Thanks for listening.