Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sideline.
Speaker 1: He is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wing Stuff where Flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 3: Gross, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: It is way, way, way too early for us to be doing this show.
Speaker 5: I made it back from Mexico. All of you doubters that were like.
Speaker 4: I hating, guess what I want to get.
Speaker 5: You're looking live be a very shadow. We We're not used to seeing it this way.
Speaker 4: Tostitos Championship Plaza outside Ford Center at the Star Frisco, Texas, where it is sixty one degrees it feels like sixty one. The high today is seventy three in Texas in January.
Speaker 5: I'll take that all the time. And the load of nighte is forty nine.
Speaker 6: He is Shannon, that is Kurt. We are Nate List Today in the back is Chris Bean keeping us on air. I am Zaddie Holly. Together we make Hanging with the Boys the sports talk equivalent of Braille.
Speaker 7: People when we speak.
Speaker 5: Yes, how have you guys been. It's been a few weeks since I've seen y'all.
Speaker 7: Are you like kind of sunburnt a little bit?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you got a little colored time.
Speaker 4: I got burn, I got burnt, peeled and rejuvenated.
Speaker 7: It's been a lot.
Speaker 6: I'll just say burnt, don't just say you got Burn's true, you were in Mexico.
Speaker 7: I can go a lot of different ways, especially on this show.
Speaker 4: Yes, kid, Yeah, I got sunburnt, appealed, and already.
Speaker 8: Had a good time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a good time. It was a good time. I was I was really looking.
Speaker 4: Forward to and I was telling somebody this last night.
Speaker 5: They got me again. They got me again.
Speaker 4: I did a very good job this season of fighting off buying into this team until about week thirteen fourteen, and then going into the playoffs. And I know you've probably already talked about this. Yeah, thanks Jesse. This is my therapy because I haven't really got to talk about this.
Speaker 5: And I bought him one thousand percent. I knew. I was like, look Green Bay.
Speaker 4: You know, hadn't watched him a whole lot, but there's no way this guy that's.
Speaker 8: I remember you saying, I'm worried. I'm not worried.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm worried that I'm not worried. And I was worried.
Speaker 4: And then when everybody starts picking the Cowboys, I was like, this is not good. But I was like, I'm going to pack my Cowboys gear. I'm going to wear it on the beach to this country music festival because you know, all the Niner fans got me last year, and you know, I'm gonna support the Cowboys while I'm down there. And I'd be damned if I had to leave it back in Dallas and tuck my tail and just but you know what, it was nice because I didn't watch any of the games while I was down there. I just went and I got away from football.
Speaker 6: And but man, is that because they weren't showing them or you were too a neeborated too?
Speaker 5: I just didn't care. I just really didn't.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys upset me so bad that I just really didn't care about football for about really three weeks till this week.
Speaker 5: I kind of half half assed watched the games this weekend.
Speaker 7: You know, some good games.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: I watched the second half of the Detroit game, which was dude, you're talking about a game, man, And I watched very little of the Kansas City game. I just they just wear me out, man, And I just was so disappointed that I just really didn't even want to watch football.
Speaker 5: I'll watch it, I'll watched the I watched the Big game in two weeks, but I.
Speaker 8: Watched the chunk of the forty nine ers game. I didn't. I missed.
Speaker 9: I was busy to another stuff, so I was it was fine.
Speaker 5: You didn't watch the Kansas City game.
Speaker 7: No, those are your guys.
Speaker 9: Well I would have, but the other stuff going on, I wasn't going to like drop everything to watch the game.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, what did you think about the games?
Speaker 7: Were you?
Speaker 5: Were you shocked that San fran came back?
Speaker 6: Yes, of course, I'm right, Like I was shocked that they got down that much to begin with to begin with, but then they started marching back. I think football is probably the only sport that there's all these there are these progressive stuff.
Speaker 7: That you must take to become a champion, right.
Speaker 6: Like I just said, like you build a good team, you kind of you kind of work your way.
Speaker 7: To the top.
Speaker 6: And I thought, you know, with the line, I'm like poll that you know to go from the land of obscurity and football kind of said to NFC Championship game, like that's.
Speaker 7: A huge leap in one season. So I was I was kind of watching the guy.
Speaker 6: I was like, all right, is the moment going to overcome them?
Speaker 7: And when they came out, I was like, okay, all right.
Speaker 6: And in the second half, it was like, you know, like Eminem said, it's like, uh, mom, spaghetti all over the sweater.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. The knees, weeks, palms are sweaty.
Speaker 6: And and and yeah, man, to watch that comeback, it was I was shocked.
Speaker 7: I was shocked. But you saw you saw.
Speaker 6: The Niners right like you saw them be who we've seen them be a lot of this season. In that second half of football and and and the nine and the liners just could not they could not find an answer, right, And I even I tweeted it out. I said, who is the voice? Who is the veteran voice that calms the noise, that calms this thing from going crazy?
Speaker 7: Right? You're looking around, Hi'm like, well, is it is it? Is it?
Speaker 9: Dan?
Speaker 7: Is it? Golf? Who?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 7: Who is it?
Speaker 6: Because relatively speaking, it's a young football team A lot of young guys on that football team, and it was just like no one had an answer. No one had enough to make a play, to make a catch, to make a tackle, to make whatever, to.
Speaker 7: Calm the noise. And it just continued to avalanche and avalanche and avalanche.
Speaker 8: And yeah, there's some question coaching, you know what.
Speaker 7: A lot of people like not to me.
Speaker 4: Me, Like, that's the way he's been all year, I said, And even in that game he was doing that, and it's all year now.
Speaker 5: I could I could see it.
Speaker 8: The field though, come on, I don't know.
Speaker 7: That's just.
Speaker 11: Someone brought that up, that that that field goal.
Speaker 5: Kicker hasn't kicked outside because it wasn't guaranteed. It was forty something.
Speaker 11: He hasn't kicked out side.
Speaker 7: Out side in a year and a half.
Speaker 5: Yeah, really, so like that was his first kick outside. He's he's a young kicker.
Speaker 8: Weather an issue. I don't remember. I mean, it wasn't like Wendy or anything.
Speaker 11: No, and then he's up, he only has their kicker missed one, right, it was Wendy.
Speaker 6: And they only had two. Their kicker only has two field goals attempts this year, is one for two with like fifty yards plus.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, So you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So it's like, so it was he.
Speaker 5: Was confident in the kicker.
Speaker 4: Yes, But I mean I can see an argument for as a coach, you just want to give your players a chance to win the game at the end.
Speaker 5: So I could see.
Speaker 4: Going kicking and trying to kick a field goal just to do that. But at the same time, if I'm on that team, I'm like, I'm like, coach, we've been doing this all year, let's go do let's do what we do.
Speaker 6: And he has been telling us all your along to he's blue in the face. I believe in my guys. I trust my guys, and we would go, well, the kicker is a guy. Well, actually, we don't really consider part two.
Speaker 5: Places they ran on for town.
Speaker 11: I mean the wide receiver dropped.
Speaker 7: Them, you'es. So what I'm saying, I mean, like at them, they just like butt naked open.
Speaker 8: Last one that was the one that hit him right in the chest.
Speaker 9: No, the one with golf had to roll to his right to escape the pressure and then didn't get enough on the throw that was in the dirt.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, that one that was when that was the field goal that was instead of going to the field goal.
Speaker 7: I don't know. I mean, I don't.
Speaker 6: We can say, Dan Quinn, excuse me, Dan Campbell, but shoot, Aaron.
Speaker 7: Glenn, you take some credit. Let me take some heat too, brother, like.
Speaker 6: You let you didn't make a stop, Like your defense did not make a stop in the second half, Kansas City got going. When when a team gives you at halftime was twenty four, twenty seven seven. When a team gives you that much cushion, come on, dog, come on, give me something defense, give me something. So we can blame Dan Campbell and and and Ben Johnson. But Aaron Glenn, my brother, what that's an epic collapse.
Speaker 7: On your part back into that defense.
Speaker 8: Isn't that great?
Speaker 7: Let's be honest with you. The Troit I'm just saying you got to need something point lead, there.
Speaker 5: Were no let me ask you all this seventeen.
Speaker 4: Actually, Chris, you can jump in on this too, not like you wouldn't, I mean.
Speaker 5: Show, But I know we did a fourth. I felt like here we go. I felt like I believe in.
Speaker 4: Both games, Baltimore's side and Detroit side. I can sympathize with both fan bases because I feel like we as Cowboy fans have been. Baltimore a bunch of dumb plays, a bunch of emotional plays, a bunch of like why did you do that? What what's going on there? And then Detroit, you know, just letting someone chip away, a chip away, chip away until they finally get back in the game.
Speaker 7: And like I.
Speaker 4: Both games, I was like, man, I feel like I've been here before.
Speaker 5: Like did y'all feel that way, especially in Baltimore?
Speaker 9: Yeah, to a degree. I wondered, because they're NFC Championship game.
Speaker 7: Well, that's a little bit that part I have.
Speaker 9: I wondered if if Baltimore's fan Detroit's fans are thrilled with the with their I wonder if Baltimore's fans and the pressure, are they upset is Lamar Jackson taking heat and all that, or because they didn't make them championship game?
Speaker 8: Is it all well, let's get him next year?
Speaker 6: You know, I don't know about I don't know if you w'n get him next year. Yeah, like feel how you feel. And this is just my personal opinion. I believe Patrick Mahoons is the best quarterback I've ever seen. He's not the most winning in that's Tom Brady, I get it. Patrick mahons the best quarterback.
Speaker 5: And sees the game different.
Speaker 4: It's like sandlot football, right, And he even said, of course Travis ran the wrong route. It's like that's a common thing, and he just finds him like this.
Speaker 6: This dude is I mean, he literally like puttered his way through the season with that roster, and then he was like, oh, playoffs, yeah, oh no problem, I'll turn It's like the NBA.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna get us to the playoffs. Yeah. And then when we get there.
Speaker 6: They're like, oh, we have to go on the road. Oh okay, don We'll go to Buffalo, no problem. Oh we gotta go to Baltimore, No problem.
Speaker 5: Oh, no worry.
Speaker 6: Like with this roster, like Patrick Mahomes in six seasons has seen nothing less than the conference championship.
Speaker 7: Yeah that like, how crazy is that?
Speaker 6: People spend years upon years upon years and don't ever get to a conference championship game.
Speaker 7: Almost thirty in some organizations and.
Speaker 5: Six in a row.
Speaker 11: The other crazy thing about that stat was he's only played two road games.
Speaker 7: Yeah that was this year. Yeah, this year.
Speaker 9: I can't believe that San Francisco is the favorite right now?
Speaker 5: I think you know why because they listened to Jesse Holly.
Speaker 4: And Jesse Holly said about about nine weeks ago.
Speaker 8: How do you bet against Mahome?
Speaker 5: Maybe the one's gonna beat this team, healthy team, the one's going to beat them if Debo's healthy. That's a tall mountain to climb.
Speaker 6: Man, that is tough to bet against my home, I know, and that's where I'm touring at right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what are your thoughts on the game.
Speaker 7: You haven't made a decision yet.
Speaker 5: You can you can change, You can change. You have a week to change. How do you feel right now?
Speaker 6: My heart says I still believe like I said two months ago, three months ago, a healthy forty nine ers team, nobody in this league can beat them.
Speaker 7: But my head goes, just the best quarterback.
Speaker 8: I've ever seen against the quarterbackers?
Speaker 5: What are you leaning?
Speaker 7: Fourteen and three in his playoff career.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean it's it's hard to bet against my home. That team has been there.
Speaker 5: I was there for one of those losses.
Speaker 9: That the team obviously knows what it takes to be in a super Bowl. On the other side, you got a young quarterback and a bunch of guys are obviously great.
Speaker 8: But man, and.
Speaker 4: That's another thing, like we we watched the playoffs right and in Detroit, we I feel I feel, I feel like with their coach and the young team, even what they did this year, they're gonna be back.
Speaker 5: In the playoffs for years to come. Right. It's not guaranteed, man, No, no like that.
Speaker 6: But Detroit patroity sent Detroited set up. The Detroit setup is pretty nice. Like you gotta think about it. Detroit last year, their first four picks have been impact players. About the great drafting Laporta linebacker, Campbell, Branch and uh Gibbs punch year four, Right, all those guys were starters. Yeah, two of them out of the Pro Bowl, right, So they got and then now Jared Goff he'll get probably an extension or something like that, but not too much. So like he's not gonna get sixty million dollars. He may get thirty five whatever. So their their core guys are relatively young and cheap. They're coming into the offseason with like forty five something like that million dollars in the cap space. We're not even creating any money. It's already there. So if they have another decent draft and those guys hit again and they signed some free agents, some free agents. I mean, this could be a team sixty one. He's got sixty one million dollars in cap space. Yeah, so they're going into the off season with sixty one million and hadn't hit any switches and you know, any of.
Speaker 7: That stuff yet. So that's a lot of money.
Speaker 6: With an organization who was you know, we're talking about going all in organization who now sees that what we have and how we can add to that. They're going to be out here. That's going to be a team that you see in free agent spin.
Speaker 7: This some bread.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but but then again, it's not like we expect them to be there right for years to come. But like that's the NFL. Nothing's guaranteed unless you're the Chiefs. Yeah, which is insane. You just get used to seeing them in there, right, Like we thought Cincinnati was going to be there right, No, you know, we thought the Cowboys were going to be there this year. Like God, I was so convinced, man, I was like, this is this is the path.
Speaker 5: This is the year.
Speaker 7: Like, yeah, Niners in the NFC Championship Game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll tell you this. I think Jordan Love is going to be. I think he's gonna be really good, man. I like I like to watch made like just his release in his arms. He's got that very my homes quick, you know that just weird from the elbow everywhere and it's just you know, forty yards down the field with just a flip.
Speaker 5: I think he's going to be I think he's gonna be good. But we'll see, all.
Speaker 4: Right, fellas, some Pro Bowl editions, some coaching changes around the league. One. I really want to get Jesse's opinion because I think he's going to be happy with the way the uh, the conference is shaken out.
Speaker 7: We'll see interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's take it. How long do we have today, Chris forty five minutes hour? You could go like forty five to fifty hour and a half. The Boss has the show after this. Oh, we're definitely going fifty five.
Speaker 3: We get out of here today, stick around to see how long when Derek come down, that's where the show is.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back after our first break on Hang You with the Boys.
Speaker 12: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games. Tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 7: Grab some today.
Speaker 13: Star Sports Tours is the only efficient fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 10: Seat Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, so whether you're a die hard fan or a don't really care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The Sea Geek not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of a week fan or haven't been here in years fan, see geek has you covered? Download the Sea Geek.
Speaker 7: After they Seed Geek, you're a ticket.
Speaker 10: They're great. Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 14: How's wing Stop sound Christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauted, tossed and those eleven soul satisfying players paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop range and of course spicy Cajun fried corse.
Speaker 7: I think you've heard enough.
Speaker 14: Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 7: Back hanging with.
Speaker 4: The Balls, Welcome back to the show, brought to each and every day by a wing stop where flavor gets it. It's totally forgot to do that at the beginning of the show, among other things.
Speaker 5: And the second segment brought to you each and every day by blockchain dot Com. Thank you blockchain dot com.
Speaker 4: So well, first off, we got some additions to the Pro Bowl yesterday huh, Kurt got three guys.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was good to see them get get a chance. Honter smith Or obviously had a great year. DeMarcus Lawrence very deserving.
Speaker 5: Ferguson, Ferguson for getting into the Pro Bowl. Man, y'all even do you an't even care about it? Do they even play a game anymore?
Speaker 7: Flag football?
Speaker 5: It's flag football and then the.
Speaker 7: Dodgeball all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: Does anybody even watch that stuff?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I won't be will It's not it's not like musty TV. I'm not like planning my day around getting to the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 5: But if it's on, you'll watch it.
Speaker 7: Yeah? Is this the Senior Bowl?
Speaker 5: Is that what we're watching?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do we have any guys down there?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 8: The whole squad Scott, Yeah, there's a few guys, know.
Speaker 7: Jerry Jerry talked yesterday. Yeah, let's not that's that part.
Speaker 5: Let's let's talk about that, bringing that up.
Speaker 7: Mexico about it? You brother? Mentally? Still down there?
Speaker 6: We got the East West Shrines going on actually today right now here in the Star.
Speaker 5: Right over there right away the games tomorrow seven? Are we allowed to go watch that?
Speaker 11: Stay away from I don't think they have practice today. It's media day over there. But the game is tomorrow at seven. Come on out, buy tickets there you go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not good plug there, Chris.
Speaker 6: Yeah, y'all buy tickets. You all buy tickets and come yeah out to the game. Yeah good, come out to the game.
Speaker 7: Come out to the game.
Speaker 5: Just did you play all Star games?
Speaker 7: Uh? It was the Vega It was one in Vegas. I forgot what it was.
Speaker 5: It was the football or basketball?
Speaker 7: Football?
Speaker 5: Did you do any basketball all start?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Do they have a basketball All Star game? Senior Bowl type stuff?
Speaker 6: You have the McDonald's McDonald I was a McDonald nominee, but I didn't make the team.
Speaker 5: Really, you got nominated? Yes, that's pretty solid. Yeah. Are you older or younger than Lebron?
Speaker 7: Older?
Speaker 5: You're older than Lebron and you you have more hair than Lebron barely.
Speaker 4: From your face running away, you know.
Speaker 7: I thank you. I'll tell you one thing, though, if I had as much money as Lebron you.
Speaker 5: Have hair, I'd have hair.
Speaker 7: You get plug, It wouldn't even be it would not even.
Speaker 5: Be how far down would you get it on your forehead?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 6: I would just get a respectable like back to like this part right here, like I would go back to look at what I look like when I entered college.
Speaker 7: That's when it all went left.
Speaker 6: Like once you start losing hair, we're back, yeah, left and right. You know, I don't know if I'm losing here. But it's like the male pattern balls. Why are we talking about anything. It's like the male pattern baldness. You'll see a lot of guys like that play football because of the helmet. It's the male pattern balls that happens up in this area. But if I, if I had was worth a billion.
Speaker 5: Dollars like Lebron's get it across, I'm.
Speaker 6: Going to Turkey swot like like one of the best ones that.
Speaker 5: If me and you me or you won the lottery, we would we would.
Speaker 6: There will be signs I won't a lottery, you wouldn't be here.
Speaker 7: There would be signs.
Speaker 6: If I wouldn't, I wouldn't say it, I would say, but there will be signs.
Speaker 4: I feel like we would be kind of the same though. We would do a whole lot of good, a lot of good, but a whole lot of nothing, freaky, behind the scenes bad stuff. We won't talk about it on the show, but we would. Yeah, but we would do a lot of good. The good would outweigh the bad at least that's the way I would try to.
Speaker 6: But our bad wouldn't hurt people right right like it would.
Speaker 5: It would maybe your liver a little bit, yeah, his liver.
Speaker 7: But I might do a drug. I don't know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'll just say, speaking of liver, tomorrow, tomorrow baby eat.
Speaker 7: Let's go wait, let's go fast into juicing.
Speaker 5: So you stay, when you stay up till midnight to eat or where.
Speaker 7: You're sure it's going down.
Speaker 6: What's gonna be the first I don't even know, probably, like I don't know something that's gonna send me. It doesn't matter what I eat. It's coming out of me anyway.
Speaker 5: As soon as you eat, probably it's.
Speaker 7: Coming right out. It does not matter. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: So you have playing like pizza wingstop.
Speaker 6: Because that'll hurt, like pizza like greasy, like too greasy, too fried, too heavy, that'll that will hurt. That'll hurt you still keeping it kind of like yeah, yeah, it's like slowly, but you know, like maybe like two or three days from now, like once the system kind.
Speaker 5: Of eats some fruit and some salad, it's like all.
Speaker 6: Right, let's kind of work our way back into this thing. Piece of chicken and you know, a little appetizer, a couple of right, like, but to go all in that, I'll be like, Oh, I don't hurt.
Speaker 5: How much weight are you down?
Speaker 7: I'm down like twenty four pounds, dame?
Speaker 5: That's like being on Survivor. I wonder how much weight Danny lost? Have you ever asked him that, Chris? No, I'll ask him, ask him how much he lost in his first month?
Speaker 4: All right, let's talk football the third segment to do this.
Speaker 7: We're all but let's go all.
Speaker 4: Right, let's talk about that. Jerry made the comment yesterday that we're all in. They're all in, right, So.
Speaker 15: What does that?
Speaker 5: What does that mean to you?
Speaker 16: Guys?
Speaker 5: Jess, you go first, What do you think that means?
Speaker 7: No idea?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I mean, does that mean they're gonna be active in free agency?
Speaker 7: No one knows you. You can ask that person.
Speaker 6: We can walk up and down this hall today and we can ask one hundred people.
Speaker 7: No one has the answer.
Speaker 6: And what I want to caution fan en Off is when you hear the words all in, you're all in.
Speaker 7: Doesn't mean they're all in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, So don't don't start confusing the two about what's actually all in. I don't know what that means. All in could mean I'm signing my guys all in. I do not have the slightest idea. But here's what I'm sure of. Here's what I'm absolutely sure of. The Jerry is the El Chapo. He is the Pablo Escobar. He is the Frank Lucas of selling Opium and yours. You saw it on full display, the whole we're all in, and very vague, didn't didn't didn't give you too much about what that was. But to those you can have. And now what happens is people begin to your mind begins to do what we're doing right now, thinking what is all in? And now you're looking up the free agent board. You're saying, man, here's all the fridge and linebackers. Here all the fridge.
Speaker 5: And that's where my head jump right here all the fridge of safety.
Speaker 7: And here's oh, here's some more friedge of receivers.
Speaker 6: And you said in it earlier, give me Derrick Henry here, Oh, here are all the frieze of running backs. So so now you start thinking about all these possibilities the endless possibilities.
Speaker 7: It's like the psychedelic drug, and.
Speaker 6: Just the end is that, you know, the endless possibilities of what.
Speaker 7: I have no clue what that means.
Speaker 6: And I'll wait like everyone else, and we'll see what happens in free agency, in drafting and signing the guys.
Speaker 7: But no clue, no one.
Speaker 5: Kurt, What does that mean to you?
Speaker 7: Kurt? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Where'd your mind go?
Speaker 9: My mind went that they're already fourteen million dollars over the cap.
Speaker 8: They however much they want to go all in. I mean, can you they have to get Deck's contract reading that stuff.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they have to do it because otherwise they can't do anything else. There's some other players they can work around and do that as well, But I just I don't see him making a big splash and free agency. They just they got cde Lamb to sign. They got other guys, smaller gu Tyler Piatish to bring him back. I mean, they've got Michael Parsons is going to be an ice paid player. I mean for the Cowboys going all in on free agency has been signing their own guys in the past. It's been that way since Brandon car Like what twenty thirteen or whatever. That's been their their mode of operation, and it's hard to see that changing.
Speaker 6: Signing DAK and CD is a must because it provides the most captain relief.
Speaker 7: And there are.
Speaker 6: Some and I have to be very sensitive when I say this, there are some that believe that Micah might not get a deal this offseason, that he maybe he's you know, he can. He's still playing on his rookie deal. He's eligible for a deal, but sort of like Ceedee Lamb last year when he was eligible for a deal, they didn't do a deal with him, and now they do it deal this year, and that could be very similar to Micah is that they say, well, yeah, you're eligible for a deal, but we don't necessarily have to give you a deal this year. You're still on your rookie deal. So, you know, getting CD and I think DAK done are must.
Speaker 7: I must.
Speaker 6: If you want to have any wiggle room, any to go anywhere near close to all in, you've got to get those two guys signed because they give you the most cap relief. And when you sign those guys to new deals, and then if there's you know, I don't know, Steven Jones talks about the pie if there's enough pie left over, and then to do other things with other players. You'll do something with Terrence Steele. Some other guys will have some switches that they can they can hit and switch and create more moment. I mean, there's ways where you can get you know, where they're at right now is where they won't be in a couple of months. The first step is to getting Dak Prescott signed for you know, his extension. And when you do that for Dak, it kind of almost eliminates all of those people who thought Trey Lanz was going to be right. This thing like that, the tree lance things dies right, Like when you signed Dak to an extension, the trade lance thing dies right.
Speaker 7: It has to.
Speaker 6: There's no way I'm going to sign his guy to an extension and give him all this money and all of a sudden, now Trent is a viable option. So that narrative completely dies right like literally put it in, put it in the in the in the in the ground, piled dirt on top of it.
Speaker 7: Dual eulogy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Chris, what what did And we'll go back to the Dak thing in a second with Chris, what did all in.
Speaker 5: You've been around twenty plus years. What did what did all In mean to you?
Speaker 7: Jerry saying all In?
Speaker 15: Yeah, man, there's a lot of things.
Speaker 11: I mean, he talked, I have his quotes here somewhere I'm trying to find. I'm trying to I'm trying to produce on the fly a little bit for you right now.
Speaker 5: Way to be prepared for our show. Thank you.
Speaker 11: Well, you bring up a ton of stuff. So I'm like going through Stevens. Stephen talked yesterday about the cap situation. I'm trying to pull that that.
Speaker 7: Quote that he got for you.
Speaker 11: So, but being all In, I mean, I think you know, I think you saw this year what what happened when we traded and hit on players like Gilmore and and Cooks. So they see that that they can actually hit on guys and don't have to pay, you know, so much for that.
Speaker 7: I mean, fourth round pick.
Speaker 11: For what I think Gilmour gave up this year, or a fifth, fifth round pick, And would you take that over again, would you?
Speaker 7: Jesse? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so I mean you got you got obviously.
Speaker 9: Not sure I'd give up a fourth or fifth round pick for Trey Lance.
Speaker 15: But or get one back for him, you know.
Speaker 11: But yeah, so I just hope that I'm sorry, I'm sorry to catch you off. You'd hope that Trey Lance in the preseason shows you something that either you.
Speaker 5: Can trade him.
Speaker 11: That or you know, Coop, I mean, you can let Coop go.
Speaker 9: So Roger, I just think, like sports Track has Chris Jones and defensive tackles of re agents this year, his annual there's his contract. His calculated market value according to them, is twenty eight million dollars a year, and Cowboys need a defensive tackle.
Speaker 8: But I just they can't do that, can they.
Speaker 9: I Mean, that's just I don't know if they can get into that kind of ballpark with these big time free agents you could have this year.
Speaker 8: I'm I'm sure they can't.
Speaker 9: I mean, you know, they always finagle the contracts and they'll work stuff out.
Speaker 6: So if you're going all in, right, if you're taking the if you're taking the Rams approach right f these picks and I'm going all in, then it's doable. Because now it'll come to a fiery crash a couple of years from now. But if you're saying the window is right now, whether that being with Dan Quinn and Mike McCarthy, and the window is right now. Sure you can do Chris Jones. You can do Chris Jones and be fine for two years now, years three, four and five.
Speaker 4: Which is one thing they've done a really good job of around here, is staying not doing that, not doing.
Speaker 5: The big deals and and and what has it gotten groceries?
Speaker 4: And well, it's gotten you what twelve and five the last three years, and then it's got it's kept you in the conversation. You haven't had that year that you just crashed and burned for a long.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think, but I think this particular year and Steven talked about it, and I don't know if it was just him doing the marketing flip thing that he does, and he talked about the he gets the fans. The fans have lost faith and until you produce something that's greater than what you've had, he understands why the fans are upset and has lost faith in this franchise. So the way that this year happened, the way that it ended, the way that it happened, you seeing other teams now kind of leap you a little bit like the Detroit You feel like Green Bay and and and you know other teams like that, you've kind of been really better than for the last couple of years.
Speaker 7: Again maybe, but like the Chris Jones situation, that's.
Speaker 6: A dual if you wanted to if you if you're talking about the all, if you're talking about the Jerry Jones who said a year ago, boy out to check out right, if I knew it can get me to a Super Bowl, right, then the Chris Jones deal is doable. The Chris Jones deal is doable. To go get a linebacker is doable, to go get a safety. All that is doable.
Speaker 7: It comes to a.
Speaker 6: Fiery crash maybe in about two years after the deals are done. But if you're saying and Jerry said it, he talked about going uh you know, you talking about going for it right now and not kind of worrying about down the road.
Speaker 7: So if that's the thing, then you gotta go to see that.
Speaker 9: The other thing that I think is frustrating fans and I guess me too, is like, why weren't you all in this year, I mean halfway through the season, why weren't you bringing in linebackers? Why aren't you improving your running game?
Speaker 6: Because you thought you had you thought you hadn't I have to go about to kick by San Francisco, Arizona.
Speaker 9: Yeah, early, you know that first game against the Eagles, you had chance is to make moves, and.
Speaker 5: Why didn't you make moves after you realize like, okay.
Speaker 8: We need help here, right, we're all in, we need help here. Well, well, let's not do anything.
Speaker 6: My only my only rebuttal to that is, hell, we think Jerry's convincing when they go into those meetings, Maybe dan quinn's really convincing.
Speaker 7: Maybe Mamy McCarthy's really convincing, and say, you know, hey, we're right here.
Speaker 6: We're right there right they're watching film and saying, hey, we're a player two away from here, from there from doing what we got to do. All right, Cool, we had a bad game here, we had a bad game there, but we're right there right like and you know, it's convincing as well as when you say to yourself, hey, if we can just get home feel advantage, right before you get to the player, say, if we can home field advantagement, the team that come, the team that played at home, that's a good football team.
Speaker 7: If we can do that.
Speaker 6: Then we can find ourselves, you know, having been to travel to Santa Clara for the NFC Championship game, and you got what you wanted. You got what you wanted to get. Okay, cool, we're at home the team that we've seen at home. If that team shows up, boy we are we got something and they didn't.
Speaker 7: And so.
Speaker 6: My only rebuttal to that is that there was some pretty good convincing by those I'd love.
Speaker 4: To been a fly on the wall because as I was watching that game, like I was convinced, everybody's gone, We're gone. Chris is gone, like the staff's gone, like merchandise is gone, like every everybody's gone to play burn it down. And then you know, I was like, oh my goodness, I would because you know, you saw Jerry turn around. He was talking to Steven and everybody behind him. I'm like, man, can you imagine being a.
Speaker 5: Like how livid is he right now?
Speaker 4: You you just got beat like that when everybody thought you were going to Santa Clair in three weeks and then after, you know, everybody's texting me and I'm like, everybody's gone, We're like, you know, And then the more I thought about it, I was like, you know, I calmed down and I was like, I don't think he's gonna I think we're we're right there.
Speaker 5: Like he he's got because.
Speaker 4: The one thing he used to always say was he regretted not giving a coach time to form whatever. And I was like, I think that they're going to stay put where they're at, Like, you know, I think we're gonna Jesse and and Kurt and Nate are going to do a show. And you know, I'm not going to be there for a few weeks, but you know, I think they're still going to be doing the show.
Speaker 5: And you know, they kept everybody around and it's.
Speaker 4: Like, okay, now now we're all in, and I'm like kind of like you, Kurt, It's like why now, Like what was was it that that triggered? Like you had everything, like Jesse said, right there, everything was lined up, and.
Speaker 5: You still couldn't do it. So now you got to do one more thing to get you wherever. So all right, let's take our last break.
Speaker 4: When we come back, we'll see how close we can dance with the Dance with the Flame and see if we can run into Derek's show and extend this one for you know, ten minutes.
Speaker 5: Past what we're supposed to. When we come back on hanging with the boys, I'm.
Speaker 15: Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Have they snapper, the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped flapped. He'll run pul pushed down.
Speaker 5: Just like football.
Speaker 15: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Hush Scout's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 15: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 14: How's Wingstop sound Christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Windstop branch, and of course spicy Cajun fried cols. I think you've heard enough. Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 10: See if gig has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a diehard fan or a don't really care fan, we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of a week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat geek has you covered. Download the seat Geek. After the seat Geek, you're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 16: Seats James right here, you're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. You know how much I love my Cowboys, and I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fan to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 5: Enter today, back to Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought you each and every day by Jigsaw, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. And let's talk, uh, well, let's talk Dak's contract real quick. Is there any scenario where he doesn't renegotiate?
Speaker 8: No, if he wants to win?
Speaker 4: No, yeah, because I mean you never see high profile quarterbacks in their prime, right leave a team these days, like very rarely do you.
Speaker 5: You know, see anyone leave.
Speaker 4: So we're good that if they choose to renegotiate, which there's no way that they wouldn't, right, you know.
Speaker 8: They have to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean you're kind of married at this point, right, Like Dak has you botica wholeness?
Speaker 7: Right, Like honestly, like you bother go.
Speaker 5: Home because you're on the hook for what is sixty sixty next year?
Speaker 4: Fifty nine is no matter what, no matter what, So you got to ride it out, right, and.
Speaker 6: You can't trade them, no trade class. Yeah, you can't tag them.
Speaker 9: I'm sure who would want to take on that. I guess they could rework it, but yeah, that's yeah, So.
Speaker 7: Someone would have to call.
Speaker 11: I believe you can rework it, by the way, rework what the current contract. Yeah, there's an article out there that says you can rework it and.
Speaker 15: Push them some of the money down the road.
Speaker 5: But if you but if you cut, he doesn't, you're on the hook for sixty.
Speaker 7: But I don't think.
Speaker 11: I don't think you don't cut Dak Prescott.
Speaker 5: No, that's what I'm saying. We have fans that think that that's realistic.
Speaker 4: Cast it's not right that get rid of him and start over, or draft a quarterback or get Trey.
Speaker 5: Lance in there. So for everybody that that has that nonsense in your head, it's not happening. That's not happening.
Speaker 4: That's why I was bringing that up, is it's not Yeah, it's not financially possible.
Speaker 5: I mean it's possible, but it's not happening.
Speaker 7: So just stop.
Speaker 5: Stop back to your quarterback.
Speaker 7: He's a quarterback. So okay.
Speaker 4: So I just want to get that out there because I've had people that text me and like to and I'm like, dude, just stop.
Speaker 5: Just I don't. I'm not talking football with you anymore.
Speaker 4: If that's I just can'tnot certain nonsense, I'll entertain computer. You can call me anytime you want talk any but if you start saying get dack out of there like.
Speaker 5: We can, I can't talk football with you.
Speaker 7: Ay.
Speaker 8: I had several emails about its not happenings.
Speaker 5: Just stop stop stop.
Speaker 4: It was It's cute, it was a nice project. I would like to see what he can do. Let's get him in there and see if he can be your number two.
Speaker 5: Run the scout team, whatever. But he's not going to be your quarterback. And he's my quarterback. There you go. I love that, all right?
Speaker 4: So, Jesse, how ecstatic are you that Kella Moore is calling plays in our division against someone we get to face twice a year.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 6: But you know how this You know how the sins. You know how the sins, You know how the sense how Kelli Moore goes to Philadelphia and he's a he's do you know how this boy wondering again? You know how this ends? You know how this ends. He'll come come in here and hang sixty two games. He'll be terrible for the rest of the year. Two games of the year against US, against US, they'll score sixty points apiece. Do you know how this story ends like we're right, like we know how this story ends. He comes in, you know, it's Kellen Moore back and now, and the Eagles office has been sputtering all season long.
Speaker 7: He'll come here to put forty up.
Speaker 6: We'll go over there to put forty five up and go, well, what I don't know, that's how we got That's how it will go.
Speaker 9: With him and Fani there. It does add another layer to the whole, right, Like.
Speaker 4: You got the guy that's got you figured out on defense, that got the blueprint on you right on defense, and then you got the guy that was the next you know, the next big thing here that you know that, Well, that blueprint was for Kellen's offense, so practice would be fun.
Speaker 7: That's true, that's right.
Speaker 11: He's like, I got the blueprint.
Speaker 7: Well it worked in Miami too, Well, we went to Miami. He was down in Miami.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but Mike, it's definitely yeah. I'm with you, Jesse.
Speaker 4: I can see that all right, Like that just seems like a thing that will happen, right, Like.
Speaker 6: We'll go there and all your alone, it'll be turmoil. It won't work out. Nick Sierranni's doing stupid looking things in the camera right, punctable face stuff, and Kellen's walking around like I don't think Kellen will be able to handle that, like that level of what's gary to come to him and things don't go right from that fan base and that head coach, Like that's that's an aggressive bunch. It's not like the California vibe and they like, you know, people talk about you hearing the Cowboys, but it's still kind of like, Okay, if.
Speaker 4: You're putting up, if you're putting up twelve to seventeen points the first four weeks of the season, they will they will, they will make signs and fire killing.
Speaker 6: Like it's really like in philadelph At certain places Philadelphia, like places when things are going bad, like you can't go to the grocery store, Like you can't go to the grocery like you're telling.
Speaker 5: You can't go physically a bad idea.
Speaker 7: That's a bad idea, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Like there's places like that in Philadelphia where they they turn on you like that. So but the narrative will be it'll be a struggle in Philadelphia and then he'll come play Dallas and all of a sudden he'll find his.
Speaker 4: Mojo, and he'll probably use some plays that didn't work here, some trick plays.
Speaker 6: They'll do it jet sweep, They'll do it jet sleep and it'll go for sixty yards, you.
Speaker 5: Know, or like we could get negative six when he yeah.
Speaker 7: Boy, lucky Whitehead, we're in that jet sweep didn't work.
Speaker 5: Well, we've got a couple of minutes left. What do you want to talk.
Speaker 9: About dan Quinn? I mean, what do you He sounds like he might be going to the commanders. He's another one, you know.
Speaker 7: I've been thinking about that. I've been thinking.
Speaker 6: About the effect that dan Quinn leaving will have the impact that dan Quinn leaving will have on this football team because if he goes and this is somewhat when when you when coaches are allowed to have such a big voice in the roster building, because the way that dan Quinn has built this thing, he has built it in such a way that the way that he likes to see it, which in essence, isn't how everybody.
Speaker 7: Else sees it.
Speaker 6: Even if you promoted Joe wind or you promoted Al Harris, I'm sure their views may have some different approaches than what dan Quinn, like the.
Speaker 5: Types of bodies and the type of player.
Speaker 7: But now who do you have on your roster?
Speaker 6: You have a roster full of god defensively that were made and built to go into the scheme that dan Quinn wanted. So that then goes back to throwing throwing off the all in because all right, when I said.
Speaker 7: When we go all in? Who am I going all in for?
Speaker 6: Am I going all in on the approach of what dan Quinn had kind of formulated? Or if he goes elsewhere? Who is the next guy that I promote? Is it within is it outside of the building?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 7: Because if it's outside of the building, that changes everything? Right?
Speaker 5: That changes everything? Almost set you back a year, doesn't it?
Speaker 6: Because you gotta get it does And not only does it set you back a year, I'm still having to coach with and under a coach who he only has one year left of his contract? So how much how much leverage do I get? And I'll say it also like this, Okay, where where does Marquis Bell go?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 6: If he's not playing linebacker? Is he a part of your safety group? Or is you're all in a part of your safety group? Is he out of the mix? Where does Micah go If the next guy comes in, does Micah go back to the actually the position he was actually drafted here for, to play linebacker? Does the next coach see him at the defensive end or does the next coach say, you know what, I'll move him back to the linebacker.
Speaker 7: I'll go get another defensive end.
Speaker 6: Right, So, all these questions now will be brought up, and it sets everything off because Dan Quinn has had a plan of how he wanted to do things. And if he ups and leaves right now, who are we bringing in? And then that conversation is are we keeping these guys in the position that Dan had them in or are we changing the philosophy to what you want? And then Mike McCarthy, what do you think because this defense is going to have to be the defense that makes a break whether you have a job here after next year.
Speaker 9: So is this annual flirtation with other coaching jobs? Is Quinn got him in a buying right now? Are the Cowboys sitting here waiting like we can't you know, we can't do anything until we know what he's going to do?
Speaker 8: Is he kind of holding him hostagen a way?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's still in the contract, right you've already commit it to bring him back.
Speaker 7: Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 6: Now, Dad Quinn looks up and he goes, if I have another year like I had this year.
Speaker 7: I'm not the hot name anymore like the last two years. He was hot this year. Eh.
Speaker 6: You know, if you have another year like that and then you go through some changes through the off season, I mean through the through the regular season, you can come off you know. And you also have to keep in mind how many jobs are coming available next year. And there's gonna be two hot names next year, Slowick who went back to Houston, Ben Johnson who went back to Detroit. Their names will come up again next year. So those are I don't know if six jobs are coming available next year. If only two or three jobs come available next year, you gotta believe that those two are the hottest two names that are going And if these other young coaches that are now in other places beginning to hit now, more teams will be like, you know what, this youth movement thing is not a bad idea. Look at look at the look at here, look at you know, look at Gerrod Mayo in New England. You know, look at look at you know. Year two four Damiko Ryans and look at all these other guys, and you know what I'm saying. So these head coaching jobs don't come every single year, and opportunities and situations don't come like this every single year. I think Washington is a job that a lot of people don't want because of the messed up place the franchise is right in right now, don't have you know, no like not that draft picks, but don't have much money, you know, just a lot that needs to be fixed, a lot of things that need to be turned around. Seattle's more stable situation, but Seattle's still out there flirting, doing their due diligence with coaches and stuff like that. So he has the Cowboys. Yeah right now held hostage.
Speaker 5: Be interesting to see how it all plays out. Well, I was just kidding. I don't want to work four minutes over.
Speaker 6: I don't go ahead, I also do I also do want to say one more thing and talking about coaches when you start talking about next year, like, I think Mike McCarthy is in a very tough situation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think he's in a very tough situation. Given the way this offseason has started.
Speaker 6: There is some locker room drama, right, whether that gets nipped in the butt or not. Whatever it happened last year, it's kind of lingered into the off season a little bit.
Speaker 7: What's gonna be critical.
Speaker 6: This is just what I believe is whoever makes the schedules, how are the games set up? If the Cowboys run into a gauntlet at the beginning at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 9: I don't think they have a choice giving the teams they gotta play.
Speaker 7: You're playing the AFC North.
Speaker 6: So you got Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Ravens.
Speaker 9: Cleveland and Cleveland, Right, Yeah, got the Houston Texas, You got the Houston Texans, Detroit Lions, Detroit.
Speaker 7: Lions, you got green Bay? Don't you do green Bay? Great?
Speaker 9: Or yeah, sure, I've forgotten that. Yeah, I think we played the AFC.
Speaker 15: Sorry.
Speaker 6: So what I'm saying is is that the schedule makers and it could get again Mike being on a one year contract. We know that guys can have attitudes, right, feel some type of way emotional. If the schedule is designed in such a way where you're taking on the Bengals, you're taking on Baltimore, you're taking on Houston, and those are like in.
Speaker 7: The first seven weeks of the season.
Speaker 9: Yea, and you start this thing off fort.
Speaker 5: Stop Let's stop.
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's stop doing that's like you know.
Speaker 6: So what I'm saying is that if this schedule is let's just say you open just get the training kid. Let me just say this for it, Like you open up and they go first game of the year, San fran right, second game of the year, Giants, third game of the year, Bengals, fourth game of the year, Ravens Philly, Philly. You open up that your first six or seven games is Niners Philly, Bengals, Houston, Ravens.
Speaker 4: I mean you can easily the chatter leaks into the regular season at.
Speaker 15: The beginning of the years.
Speaker 7: You can easily be two and four, yeah, three and three, one and five.
Speaker 5: And then could you lose the locker room early in the season.
Speaker 6: Now we're talking about the hook coming out for old mikey, old freaking Mike. Yeah, because you know the chatter's coming. You know the chatter's coming. Bill Belichick's lumit, this person's looming. Locker room's lost.
Speaker 7: Guys are saying this. So the schedule makers for the Cowboys, I don't know if you can slip them a dub.
Speaker 8: I don't see how they can.
Speaker 6: There was a twenty piece and saying, hey, don't do this to me early on and.
Speaker 4: I'm at this schedule makers, front end load the schedule and freaky Mike. Let's take care of business next year. Let's shut up all the haters and come out the gate against all these juggernauts, and let's start the season.
Speaker 5: Ten and zero and then we don't have to worry about it. Let's put it all the rest. The fans will be happy. Mister Jones will be happy, We'll be happy. Nat'll be real.
Speaker 4: Happy because he'll be well on his way to his thing, and you know, we'll be good.
Speaker 5: Let's just do that's all good. Well brought us just showed up, so it's time for us to go.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 5: We don't want to make the boss mad. So Kurk good seeded, Jesse, good scene. It's good to being back, Chris. Thanks for contributing today. We'll be back, I guess all off season, same time, right ten o'clock on Wednesdays. All right, that's it for us. We'll see you next week, same time, same place, hanging with the boys.
Speaker 7: We out.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club