Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me.
Speaker 2: We all about that high school drama, Girl Drama, Girl, all about them.
Speaker 3: High school queens. We'll take you for a ride.
Speaker 2: And our comic girl cheering for the right teen Drama Queens jlis girl Up Girl.
Speaker 3: Fashion, but your tough girl, you could sit with us.
Speaker 1: Girl Drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, drahn the Queens Drama Queens.
Speaker 3: One up, one up.
Speaker 4: We're back for a Q and a HI for you're back.
Speaker 3: How was your trip?
Speaker 5: It was really amazing. I was in Rwanda with the school called Hope Haven and they were having a big their first graduation. Gosh, they started the school under a tree in one of the most impoverished areas of Kakali, and uh it's you know, twelve thirteen years later, and I guess twelve years later, a lot of these kids are having a graduation. So yeah, I just got to spend a lot of time with some amazing children and teaching classes and helping out. And that pace the pace of Africa where nobody's on time. There is no on time. You're just hanging out and you get there when you get there, and the priorities shift dramatically when you're surrounded by that kind of poverty, that kind of light lifestyle, and they're so happy.
Speaker 3: Oh it was I.
Speaker 5: Mean I can't even there's no words for me to put it into yet, but it was really amazing.
Speaker 4: No, I totally got it. I mean, there's there is nothing more amazing than watching what schools do to communities. Like all the years I got to travel with pencils and promise, whether it was you know, Gana, Guatemala, allow like to see just what school does for yes, the kids and the families and the community. It's like it really it really reminds you how we can get so accustomed to our own resources and privilege that we don't even realize how frick and lucky we are for sure.
Speaker 5: I mean, these kids are in school from six thirty to I mean they arrive at between six thirty and seven until four thirty, and they're thrilled and they love it and they're learned. I mean, their education quality is surpassing what I'm experiencing, what we're experiencing here in Tennessee, like at a good private school. It's just these kids are so hungry to learn, so it's really different than Yeah, the sort of entitlement and taking for granted that we have here, shape shift, yeah.
Speaker 3: Identity affecting school.
Speaker 4: Yes, Like, honestly, it's all I want to do.
Speaker 5: You could go back to school if you said yes to Pete's question here if we want to get started, Pete is asking us, Joy and Sophia. You both directed on One Tree Hill. Would you still be interested in doing that in future shows or movies? I'm sure there's other you know, go back to Outer Banks high school shows.
Speaker 3: Or plenty of others. Do you want to do? You want to direct on other shows and movies?
Speaker 4: I do. I think it's something that I've had such a good time over the last you know, eight years, really getting into producing, and I love it and I just like having hands in that kind of collaboration. The stuff that happens obviously on camera for us as actors, but everything else that happens off and I think, yeah, I don't know, I definitely have that itch to direct again. But gosh, it was so fun to direct on our show because it was just like, I don't know, I thought that it was so we were so well supported. That's that's the word I'm looking for. I just I loved the experience of it. I know you did too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 5: I really loved it, and I support it is a great word for it. It was this really wonderful place to learn and observe and get my feet wet, and I would definitely love to direct again in the future. It wasn't really possible after I left One Tree Hill and.
Speaker 3: Was raising a gorgeous little goal.
Speaker 5: But now I'm you know, she's getting older and I can disappear for longer stretches of time. So I've been looking for a few things that I could direct. I don't know if i'd want to direct episodic TV. I think that that grind is Yeah, I don't know if i'd be in for that. I'd rather just work on one particular thing that I could hyper focus on for six months or a year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know what exactly i'd want to direct next, but I just know that i'd love to do it. So yeah, I suppose we'll see. Thanks Pete, all always happy, says Sophia and Joy. You've both played recurring characters on Grey's Anatomy and Hillary Too. How was it to work on that show and what kind of character would you make up for Rob if he were playing someone on Grace? I love it.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. I had a ball working on that show.
Speaker 5: That was really fun.
Speaker 4: Are you still on it right now? Well, we're wrapped currently. The show's on hiatus, so not at the moment. Okay, but it's I've loved it too.
Speaker 5: But you didn't die or anything like. You can still come back. Okay, Oh that's exciting. Yeah, I had a great time. Did you enjoy yourself?
Speaker 4: I loved it. It's just one of the greatest sets to work on. Everyone is lovely and thoughtful and incredibly dedicated to what they do, so grateful to be there. And it was pretty profound for me to see that even you know, twenty one seasons and everybody loves their job. Nobody's jaded, it hasn't been worn off, and I just think, you know, what Shonda and her world of producers and folks have built is such an amazing thing to be.
Speaker 5: A part of. Yeah, and it's just such a legacy. It's been around. Was it on season sixteen?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: Twenty one?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's incredible. Okay, So twenty one seasons, I mean they've had a lot of characters.
Speaker 2: Is what is Rob?
Speaker 5: What hole is Rob going to fill that hasn't been filled already? I mean, is there some sort of smartass doctor that has not been introduced to Grey's Anatomy yet, Because I feel like Rob would be a great, dry, sarcastic like just you know, coming in from out of town. What do they need on that show? You've been on it most recently, what do they need?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, my gosh, I don't really know. I think one of the exciting things about shows like that is you get to much like we did on One Tree Hill, because it's an ensemble, you get these slices of life for everybody. But I agree, I think I can't decide if it would be fun to have Rob walk in there, you know, as some great new doctor who was recruited from some other hospital and to your point, was very dry, or would it be like so fun to let him be Rob and see him go in as this you know, handsome guy that everyone thinks is going to be one thing, and then he's just an absolute goofball who becomes the hospital prankster.
Speaker 5: I think there's room for both. Yeah, I think there's a room for both. I like it, I would enjoy well. Gray's Anatomy showrunners, please listen, Rob Buckley. You need Robert Buckley on your show. You need his energy. Let's make this happen. Absolutely okay, whiz kid, what is something you pret tend to understand but absolutely do not?
Speaker 4: Oh goodness, what a great question.
Speaker 3: Uh, I don't know. I mean my instinct is telling me that.
Speaker 5: I usually I'm pretty forthcoming about asking and saying like, I don't what is that? What does that mean? Can you explain that to me? I don't really understand it. If I don't, I don't have like a I'm trying to think of what environment I might be in where I would feel insecure and need to pretend like I don't understand, don't know. Is there I mean maybe with my daughter or there things where I'm like, just yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: What about you?
Speaker 4: Well, I was going to say, I think we're just at that stage in life where we're very aware of what we don't know. Yes, And I think there's such a there's such a thing that happens as you grow into yourself, you know, I think it twenty you're more likely to be like, oh, God, am I the only person who doesn't know what these people are talking about? And just go sidon and listen and try to figure it out. You know, at this stage I love to be like, wait, what is that? I don't know what that is? You tell me about that? It's fun for me to learn something I don't know, and I think, I'm I've just been around, you know, I've made enough trips around the sun that I'm not embarrassed that I don't know something. I'm yeah, I'm great to admit what I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because there's so it's only good when you say I don't understand that, because then you get somebody explaining it to you, and yeah, you know that's nice. I mean, I can tell you the things that I have had explained over and over to me and still don't understand, and that would be golf. How the investment banking world, like all of the stocks and bonds I still don't know the difference between stocks and bonds have had to explain to me multiple times. Don't understand the difference, And maybe I just don't retain it because I don't care. That's probably it. It's not that I understand, I just don't retain it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not it's not your cup of tea.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: Our producer just said cryptocurrency absolutely, yeah, no, no idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, you're illuminating something for me. I have two friends who, in different sort of areas of focus, both work in web three you know, digital know what that is, like like the digital world, like the non physical world, the world that is built exclusively on the Internet.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the level of knowledge that they have and the things that they have explained to me. I I do understand the things they've shared, yeah, because they are incredibly brilliant women. And I still don't understand the point of it, And like, that is an interesting lane for me in my adulthood is to go, I understand what you've just explained to me. I don't understand why anyone's doing this right, And I sort of have to hold both. I'm like, I don't get it. It's interesting, yeah, but I'm not interested in it. I'm interested in your perspective and your career, and I want to know stuff. And I do ask a lot of questions because really, at the end of the day, no matter how much I learn about it, I'm still like, but why are we doing this? I don't get it.
Speaker 5: It's like Minecraft or Fortnite or something. I'm just like, I don't. I mean, I get it, like I'm an intelligent human capable of understanding what you're communicating to me, but that I can't. I can't hold on to it if I don't care enough, Like if I'm not invested in it, my brain just won't hold on to it. Yeah, yeah, I feel that.
Speaker 4: So there, whiz Kid, You're smart. You chosen nickname. I want I want to know what you pretend to understand, but don't. Oh this is a good one, baby Grace says. I am so shocked Joy was only given two weeks off after having her baby. And the really crazy part about that, I'm interjecting now obviously, is that some people were like, wow, they gave you time off, like insane. But Grace, the rest of Grace's question is, what was it like coming back to work with a newborn? Did the baby come to set? Did you have someone to help you take care of the baby during filming?
Speaker 5: Oh, baby, Grace, Yeah, two weeks is just not enough time. But also, I mean, what are they going to do? Like I'm filming a TV series and they're just going to write me out of the show. I mean, there has to be some sort of comedyations made. It's not quite the same I think as some other things where you could do it virtually. Like I actually had to show up with my face and my body on camera, So I'm not sure what the other option would have been.
Speaker 3: But yeah, coming back.
Speaker 5: I actually wrote about this in my book about what it was like coming back to set with a newborn.
Speaker 3: It was difficult, but.
Speaker 5: The producers were great in terms of scheduling me and being really accommodating with meeting to go back to the trailer every two hours on the dot to pump and or nurse. I did have a nanny in the trailer.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We just made it work.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't have anything else to compare it to, like that was just my reality. So I mean that's what women are experts at this. We just figure it out. We make it work totally. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, and that is part of the incredible thing about our jobs. You know, most new parents I don't have a trailer two hundred yards outside of their office where you know, their new baby gets to be, which is probably.
Speaker 5: Why it was easier for me to come back after two weeks, because it's not like I had to leave the baby at home for the entire day and just start working again. I mean, it was really they created this home. I mean it already felt like home on set was another extension of our homes. So yeah, I mean it was. It was the best case scenario and certainly better than what most women in America get, for sure, totally.
Speaker 4: And I even remember when you came back, you know how interesting certain things were, the sort of mystery of what's Haley doing at closeover Bros? You know, and you having this day where they could cut all these shots of you that were essentially montage into the episode when you returned, but hadn't you didn't have to be there for that long that day, and then you and I finally had that scene, you know, at the end. But it's like interesting things like that. We're cool to get to peek behind the curtain during that time and see how they were able to sort of work around taking care of you a little bit and making sure they weren't making you do something so taxing, Like your first moment back on set, you know, you were still recovering, and I just I remember listening to the adults like talk about how they were figuring that stuff out, and I thought that was pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was a lot of care put into it. I mean I was treated like family. So yeah, it was a great experience.
Speaker 4: Well, and I think nice too with us having you know, Greg and David like are on site executive producers, were parents, So I think it was it was a good thing that they they knew, they definitely had your back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they'd all been through so much like this before. So okay, Leslie wants to know. Are you the type of person who returns your shopping cart or leaves it by where they parked? What kind of question is this? Of course you return your shopping cart. Who does not return their shopping cart? No, you have to No, that's outrageous, outrageous.
Speaker 4: The only way things work is if we all pitch in. Got a contribute. Society requires some manners.
Speaker 5: Yeah, those are basic manners. I'm sorry, Like, I don't care how hot it is, I don't care if it's raining, I don't care what's going on.
Speaker 3: Like, you just put your cart back, what are you going to leave it?
Speaker 5: Because that means someone else has to go out and do it so essentially by leaving your cart next to your car, first of all, you're probably blocking a parking space, but also that someone else who works at the store now has to leave and go out in the rain or out in the heat or whatever it is that you were trying to avoid. I'm trying to think, Okay, the only no with it when you've got a newborn baby. If it's just you and your baby in the car and the shopping cart thing is really far away there, I can I guess I can understand feeling stressed about not wanting to do that, and but like, I mean, it's only like that forty five seconds. Like you can figure it out, right, It's not that hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you want you would hope that if you were dealing, you know, solo with a little baby, someone would see you and offer you some help. But yeah, I just I think you got to contribute. This is why, like that my public sass solely revolves around this stuff at the airport.
Speaker 3: Oh like when people don't put their trays back on the thing.
Speaker 4: Oh, I am absolutely the person who will I will look a grown man in the face and say, oh it's fine, I'll clean up after myself and you as well, because apparently that's my job or the job of the TSA. Like people they're so shocked. And I always look at the TSA people, you know, and say, I'm so sorry. People treat you like you know, you're their housekeeper or like what like these people are dealing with now security?
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: It drives me absolutely up a wall.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't like it. It's hamiltating. I get being spacey. Though I'm spacey. I know what it feels like to be like have a million things on your brain and you just sort of like forget. And I try and make space for people like, Okay, if they left their shopping cart, maybe they were injured and it was too hard for them to get it back, Like I try and create some space for that. But in general, I would hope that people are self I don't want to say self policing, but you know you've got some some measure of like self control and awareness to be able to ye.
Speaker 4: Like, manners matter, that's all manners matter.
Speaker 3: Man me make a T shirt out of that.
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely, We're going to end on a high note with Sam's question, what shows are you currently watching?
Speaker 3: Oh? I just watched Oh did I just watch? Oh it was great. It's great.
Speaker 5: It's called based on a true story, and they didn't it ended after two seasons. It's Katie Quoco and it's produced by Jason Bateman. It's a great show on Peacock about this couple that gets this woman's obsessed with true crime and then they get kind of involved in a real life murder. It's a comedy, dark comedy.
Speaker 3: Oh how fun. It's great, But they canceled it, so.
Speaker 5: Now I'm kind of I'm sad they always cancel the shows I love.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a shame. I just watched Sirens and really enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: Oh oh yes, it's just.
Speaker 4: Great and all the women are fantastic and.
Speaker 3: Oof.
Speaker 4: It's so escapist and also so self aware and it's fabulous.
Speaker 5: All right, next time the list. Thanks everybody, We'll see you guys. Hey, thanks for listening.
Speaker 4: Don't forget to leave us a review. You can also follow us on Instagram at drama Queen's ot.
Speaker 5: Or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 3: See you next time.
Speaker 2: We all about that High school Drama Girl, Drama Girl, all about them High School Queens will take you for a ride, and our comic girl cheering for the right teams. Drama queens, dramuise my girl of girl fashion.
Speaker 3: With your tough girl, you
Speaker 1: Could sit with us Girl Drama Queens, Drama Queens, Drama Queens, Drama, Drama Queens, Drama Queens