Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: We're this close to crowning and NBA champion. I like the Celtics, by the way. In six, Jalen Brown's going to be my MVP, and I love the Celtics in game one. But sign up ninety seconds put in the code Colins co l I N DraftKings sports book and official sports betting partner of the NBA. If you're a new customer, bet five bucks.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Just bet five bucks and you'll get one hundred and fifty bucks instantly in bonus bets. The code Colins co l I N shows them that you're a new customer to get one hundred and fifty bucks in bonus bets only on DraftKings. The crown is yours. I'm leaning Celtics in six.
Speaker 4: Baby gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight open wired text ope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill Casinomen resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction Voyd and Ontario. Bonus Betskspire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issueans see DKG dot co slash bball for eligibility and depositive restrictions terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: What's up, everybody? Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show. We got another episode of Champs Only, which means, if you're not a champion, you're not welcome here. We don't want to hear you talk about the NBA Finals if you're not a champion, because why would we listen to you talk about the NBA Finals. You have no experience, You don't know what these guys are thinking. You probably don't even know what the hell these guys are doing. But anyway, this is Champs Only. And the Celtics survived another, well not another a tough shooting night to go up too. Oh and that is trouble in the NBA Finals and I will tell you why, but before we get into it, this episode is brought to you in part by hyper Ice. As you know, as a twelve year veteran myselfI a lot of guys miss out on the recovery that it takes to play in the NBA. And this guy who I got on with me will tell you a little more about that, as he went through it very early in his career. But anyway, it's important that my body can bounce back as I get older. As I've told you all before, I am a super big fan of hyper Rice, especially the Norma Tech boots, because I just feel like Superman when I come out of them. And as you all know or may not know, I'm letting you know, the Norma Tech's Elites are new. They're the best. They've dished all those extra hoses and the control units from the old model so you can get on the go if you need the Norma Tech Elites, they are great. This one is fully self contained with a small set of buttons to select your compression level. Super easy to travel with and to get set up after a hard workout, after a game, or if it's for you who's not an athlete, after a hard dead work or walking around or chasing the kids around, because by the way, as I get older, chasing these kids around it's tough, and my son calls me old on the daily. So these are for you as well. On top of that, the Norma Tech Elite packs four hours of battery life, which is enough juice to get full led compression cycles in before games, after games, on the plane, after work, before work, at work.
Speaker 3: How about that at work?
Speaker 1: You saw me podcasting in the normal tech Elites and I was at work. That is my day job right now as we have lost and the finals are going on and we're not playing, So don't get me started on the tech inside this thing. The hyper Ice has been pioneering recovery science for years and the brand new Norman Tech Elite takes to another dimension with seven different compression levels to choose from. As I said before, it's not just for pro athletes.
Speaker 3: It is for you.
Speaker 1: Whoever is not a pro athlete, which most of you aren't pro athletes, and it is for you. So shop all your warm up and recovery needs at hyperice dot com. Use code Draymond for those of you who hate the name Draymond because you hate me, but you watch this podcast because you hate me, I got a gift for you. Use the coach Draymond on hyperce dot com for fifteen percent off your order today.
Speaker 3: Exclusions may apply.
Speaker 1: Now it is time to welcome our guest for Game two of Champs Only. I am so excited to have this guest because I've watched this.
Speaker 3: Man grow from a young eighteen year old.
Speaker 1: Boy that came out of high school with a bunch of height, went through UCLA and delivered, came into the NBA and got red flagged, which is what we will talk about. Special, special player, even more special person. And you all have heard me say before. I won't say it because he's right here, but one of the if not the.
Speaker 3: Best teammate I've had.
Speaker 1: But even aside from that, and I've said this verbatim, the most professional guy that I've ever been around. And by the way, you see me get a suspended this stuff. I'm not the best profession no in the NBA, but this guy is the most professional. I've never seen him late for anything, always way early for everything. Uh never has a complaint, no matter what the situation is, whether that's I'm starting today, I'm out of the rotation tomorrow, does not matter. Whether that's I need to switch on to James Harden or you need me to battle Joe LMB. I'll do that too. By the way, I'll tell you a quick story before I really introduced this guest. So we lost in the finals in twenty sixteen, which was his first year, and after the game we lost Game seven, after that series ended, he and his guy, which is my guy loving the Death Big War, they said, man, you need to help rebounding out there, and loun could have helped you rebound. And I'm like, man, yeah, yeah, we could rebound it better than they like, No, lun could have. I'm telling you, Louon would have helped you rebound lou it and got those rebounds. And the reality is he then follows all of that talk up years later with twenty plus rebounds in multiple games on the way to an NBA championship. Starting center none other. It's time for us to welcome our guests, Golden State Warrior, three time NBA champion, my Man Tune, Cavan Looney, what's up, my brother?
Speaker 5: What's up? Man? I appreciate the intro.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Hey, listen, I'm excited as hell to have you on because number one, I think A people don't get to hear you talk often.
Speaker 3: B people don't understand the importance.
Speaker 1: That you've had in the run that we've had the importance that you've had and the championships we want. They don't understand that, and they really don't know you and they think you are mute, which, by the way, this dude didn't say a word for many years. Actually, you all know about the episode that me and coach Kerr Steve Kerr had in the locker room against OKAC when Lisa Saulters went out and reported what was like coming out of the locker room, which was like assault but crazy.
Speaker 3: But this guy never said a word.
Speaker 1: By the way, I think that thing may have happened in like February. This guy hadn't said a word all year, and then me and Steve like going out of the locker room and he's sitting there like uncontrollably laughing, like and then he starts to talk.
Speaker 3: And the reality is to see something like that.
Speaker 1: Me personally, I feel like that's the Milwaukee in him, Like it opens you up.
Speaker 3: But let's start there.
Speaker 1: Talk to me about that loom, Like, why all of a sudden did you feel like, oh, now I'm going to start talking to y'all after that happened, you.
Speaker 6: Know, coming in as a rookie and I was hurt to start the year off, so I didn't really get a chance to like being around y'all or be in the locker room I was rehabing. Had me rehabing, I got a different place, so it was like a little bit weird being around you guys, and y'all was a little bit older and didn't we didn't lose a game either, so it was like, all right, I didn't feel comfortable being myself. Everything was seemed like it was all like roses and winning every game. And then to see something really happening where guys really was tested and I seen like I reminded my team's growing up or that chaos really really people really want to win, like people really to fight to win. And I see y'all sit together and let me feel comfortable and made me feel like home.
Speaker 5: I feel like I was with my guys, Like these are my type of dudes right here.
Speaker 6: They really like you see if I in college and high school, you see it on TV's. I don't know how type of dudes these are, but to see it up and live and personal all these dudes really about that, I'm feel real COMFORTMB and I came out of my shelf a little bit.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious because obviously none of you were there for that moment. But in this moment, Steve wanted to kill me, and then he realized I wanted to kill him.
Speaker 6: That's one of the funniest things that I've been a part of. And sitting next to most fates and he and everybody trying to calm everybody down.
Speaker 5: I shouldn't help myself from laughing, but I know a right to laugh. It was a serious moment.
Speaker 6: But hearing Clay in the background telling Dremond relaxed and we're a teen you guys, and.
Speaker 5: It just made me live. That was one of the funniest things I've been part of.
Speaker 3: It's like, Dre shut up, man, he's the coach man.
Speaker 6: That game came back, y'all put together. And that's what stephand the crazy half court shot.
Speaker 1: That is the shot that actually, like obviously Steph had already start to start becoming Steph, but like, if you want to pinpoint a moment in Steph's career, that shot was like, oh he different, Like this dude here, he got no conscious he shoot the ball from anywhere in any situation. That shot was different. That's what separated him. Well, not separated him. But that's what made people like, oh no, he really wanted them ones and they came off the hills of Steve trying to murder me and then me hopping up and trying to get back at him. What a time, man, Steve, Steve and I, by the way, loom, this is just one moment. Steve and I have had so many of those moments, and it's just been like like that, like we actually built our relationship on those moments, and as Loan can attest to now, I don't even think me and Steve have an argument today, like he's like, oh, Dremond, you like, what the fuck are you doing? You should have and I'm like, all right, my bad, Like I'll do it now, right. But it's been great. Nonetheless, obviously, we just we're here with three time champion Kavan Looney and we just watched the NBA Finals. I watched the NBA Finals. You watched the NBA Finals start off number one, and I was just get right into it. This is the first question I want to ask because I'm watching it and I couldn't help but think this because we lived it.
Speaker 3: If the Boston Celtics close this series.
Speaker 1: Out, and win the NBA Championship and Jason Tatum does not win the MVP. We watched it with Steph right for years. They're like, oh man, it's like an asterisk if Jason Tatum does not win.
Speaker 3: How do you.
Speaker 1: See that playing out for him? If he doesn't win MVP in this series?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 6: I think for him, I think it's gonna be business as usual. You know, from watching Steph not get it, it didn't really change none of his confidence.
Speaker 5: You know, of course he wanted to win it. As a competity, you want to win it.
Speaker 6: But I don't feel like it's gonna, uh, you know, change his demeanor. I don't think he's gonna look at his teammates thing differently. You know, after being there and losing, he got that taste of losing. I think that at this point he just want to get to get the ring. I think that's the first thing I think he want to accomplish.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: Then maybe you get there a second and third time. Now you want to get all the extra I want the finals in VPM on that. But I think right now he just trying to win. He know how I feel to lose in that moment, and we both been on the losing side, and it hurts, but.
Speaker 5: You just want to get to that taste in the champagne and get that experience.
Speaker 1: Losing, by the way, losing in the NBA Finals is the absolute worst thing you can do. You lose about seven weeks of your summer, seven weeks of your seventeen week summer, and you got absolutely nothing to show for it other than like a garbage playoff check that in the grand scheme of things, it's good money. But when you break it down, like like I actually make more money per game than the NBA finals check if you win the NBA Finals, Like when you break it down to play twenty five extra games, Like, when you really break it down, the check actually doesn't make sense. Nonetheless, we'll take the money for sure, But you only got to show for like a little bit more in your in your playoff bonus, and you lost your seven weeks and summer.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Let's like.
Speaker 6: When you played play your heart out, you come up short. Now you got to spend a whole summer rehabbing. You don't get to be healthy all the way. It's just a lot a lot more pain.
Speaker 1: What you end up doing is you end up going into your summer, like managing your body, and so the reality it's very hard to get better coming off an NBA Finals because you need a break and then you're trying to manage your body, and then you're trying to ramp up at the right time so that you're ready to get back. Like it's actually the absolute worst thing that can happen to you get into the NBA Finals and losing that was the worst experience of my career both times, Like that.
Speaker 3: Is the worst.
Speaker 1: Oh you you experienced both of those, by the way, both of Yeah, it's by the way, Tune's first experience. We're not gonna talk about I blew it, and we'll we'll move on from I blew it. Ah, it's cool, we'll move on from that. But Tune, I got a question for you. So, we had a lot of success against this Boston team when we start sending everybody left, and when you watch this series, I actually think you can still do it and be successful. However, I don't think Dallas has been egregious enough and like, no, you gotta go left. I actually think they're favoring that thing more with JT than they are with JB and I think you can have some success with both of them doing that. Nonetheless, when you're looking at Dallas's game plan, what is it that you think they can do differently to help them, Like, I mean, get a win in this series and get rolling.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's more at the office event than a defensive end. I don't feel like like they're not like Boston isn't getting one hundred and twenty some points. No, they're not shooting the three that well and making it tough for Tatum. He's not getting these easy looks. But offensively, I think you gotta get Like Luca came out really aggressive in the first quarter. I feel like he gotta get his role guys a little bit more involved in the in the first half. I know, as a role player in that first quarter, if you don't get a layup or a dunk or something to get you going, you you get a little tense.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: Now later in the game, you ain't gonna be an shoot the ball as well.
Speaker 5: Uh seemed like things don't.
Speaker 6: Go your way if you don't go off to a good start a game one day and get off to a good start as a team. I think, uh, today they you know, Luca came out, made sure that they got off to a better start. He was really aggressive. He had got it going. But I don't know if his PJ got it going or Derek didn't have that confidence of shooting three cleveand had that confidence. So I think it's more of the officive and they got to figure out what pace they want to play at, uh to you know, so really control the game. I think they never really found a rhythm of like what you know, what's the right pace for on right now?
Speaker 5: I don't know what you think.
Speaker 1: I actually think exactly what you just said. I think the offensive end Luca started off great, and I agree with you. Like it's like me, if I see that first three go in, like it changes my night offens, Like you see that first one going because here's like, here's how you have to think about it, right, Like, if I see that first three go in, that mean I got two threes to play with, Like, because if I miss.
Speaker 3: The next two, I'm at thirty three percent.
Speaker 1: Cool, Ain't nobody expecting me to shoot forty five like Steph Curry, Like, so I'm at thirty three percent if I missed those next two, So that give me two threes to play with right, and I think Luca did come out super aggressive, and to be quite honest, I think as much as Luca needed to come out that aggressive, it actually played right into the hands of Boston because Boston's game plan, as you can see, their game plan is all right, Luke and Kyrie, y'all beat us, like we're gonna take these other.
Speaker 3: Guys away, taking these lives away.
Speaker 1: All the lives you was getting against Minnesota, all the lives you was getting. I'm drawing a blank on who they was playing before, but all the lives. We taking all of that stuff away. And now let's see, can you beat us with Luke and Kyrie? And I think I think Luca played really well. Kaya is getting to his spots, He's just missing and as we know, this is a make or mislead. So I agree with you one hundred percent. I think their offense has actually hurt their defense like their defense has. I think, like I said, I think they can be more egregious and make and plan on Boston being the directional team that they are. I think they could be more egregious in those coverages. But at the same time, their offense at the offense has been a problem. And it's crazy because when I was when I was watching the game and I was thinking about the podcast, like you be watching, I'll be taking those and I'll be thinking and like.
Speaker 3: One thing I was going to say is.
Speaker 1: Dallas right now has to make an adjustment. And the adjustment that they have to make is actually extremely tough butts doable, which is they actually need to change their office right now. Like I actually I think they need to have Luca in the posts, like put Luca in the because here's the thing, and you can speak to this, and I want you to speak to it. Luca the way he plays and you know he has the ball, he makes all the plays.
Speaker 3: Is a lot It's very similar.
Speaker 1: I won't say a lot light because I think Luca's actually like Lebron James, but I'll say very similar to James Harden Rockets. And you can speak to that because I remember, I'll get to that question a second, but.
Speaker 3: Like, talk to me about that.
Speaker 1: Like Luca got the ball and they're saying great, go beat us, like good go, and he had twenty three like but seven minutes to go in the second quarter or something like that.
Speaker 3: But their game plan is to let you do that.
Speaker 1: So just just talk to me about like knowing, understanding, Like when you get in these NBA finals, we know you going with a game plan. Then when you see that game plan work, like, talk to me about that, like understanding the game plan, seeing the work, and then like what's next for the opposite team that's seeing their game plan not work?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree with putting Luca on the post, Like from guarding him in the playoffs in Guarden throughout the year. When he's at the top, he's tough to stop, but you know you got help. He's farther away from the basket. You can kind of pick the shots you want to take, or he gotta take a lot more dribbles to get to his spot. But when he gets alive drive in the post, you kind of got it double And now now you can really pick them apart and he can get other guys involved us.
Speaker 5: He can shoot his turn around. He's the same shots he's doing from the top.
Speaker 6: He can do it off off the post, and now you gotta like kind of gotta help everybody. He gets already getting in the paint. Now guys don't know where to rotate from. Uh, it's just different. Even when we're playing him this year, it was kind of hard when he's on the post. It's kind of hard to really know dictate where he's going to make the pass and stuff like that. So I agree with putting him on the post, uh moving around, because to sit them at the top, he's.
Speaker 5: Going to score. But I think it's easier to take the other guys away.
Speaker 6: You can just switch everything and play boxes and elbows and then close out and Boston super Athletics so they can really get to get out to the shooters, and so I think you put them on the post will probably be best. Uh, you know, he could score anybody down there that's on holiday Tatum, so they're gonna have to send somebody at some point, and then when they do, he's able to pick them apart and get other guys involved.
Speaker 5: So I definitely agree with that.
Speaker 1: I watched you make a career actually out of all right, let me explain this because people be like, ah, like, how could you be disrespectful like that? But the reality is we all make our careers off of something, like you do something and then you're able to build on that, And I watched you make a career out of actually being switched onto James hard and a guy who has actually become our brother, which I always say is nuts, but CP, I actually I watched them like you come in the game them wave me out of the pick and roll, like no, don't bring him up, bring him up and call you into the pick and roll, like all right, now we got to switch. I'm going at him, and then you sit down on see you sit down on James and like, make them take tough shots.
Speaker 3: Are we expecting you to lock them down?
Speaker 1: Of course, not like, by the way, not expecting me to lock them down, not expecting clayon lot. You want to make them take tough and I watched you switch on to them and make them take tough shots over and over and over again and then start to build your career. When you look at this, this this Boston team, they're switching everything, and they're like, y'all gotta beat us. And what Boston keep doing is they keep calling our Horford into the pick and roll. Our Horford is switching. Now, by the way, that's actually Boston's worst nightmare because I actually think our Horford is way worse than pick and roll covers than he is switching and so it's working to their favor. But like I said, I watched you make a career. Now when you watch them continue to call our Horford into the pick and roll, what is that like being the big that's on the other side of that. And then also, do you think it's possible for Dallas to win if they keep just calling him into the pick and roll and then get the switch?
Speaker 6: Well, as a big called it to the pick and roll every time it sucks, That's that's one thing playing with you. Nobody wants to attack you. So I had to always be the guy, all right, bring the other big into it. So I got I got a lot of rips. And uh, Horford is not a bad defender. It'd be different if if he's somebody has a cone out there, he's they're blowing right past him. But Hopeford is a he's a good position of defender. He's gonna make somebody get today second move. And when you that far from the basket, Uh, that's all you want, you know, be there three seconds, make them work, make a change direction once even your guard, that's all you really want to do.
Speaker 5: So uh, I think it's gonna I don't.
Speaker 6: Think it's a good idea to to keep uh you know, bringing them into picking rolls and switching. Uh, Like you gotta kind of move him around. And uh, that's what we kind of did with Stephen. It wasn't just straight one on one, like we kind of moved him around.
Speaker 5: We talked about.
Speaker 6: Spreading to the screen, flipping the screen, changing the angle. So now he got to be on the move. He's able to just to line you up and have his hands out. He's gonna be able to get a stop or he gonna make it tough for you. But when you as a big on the move, you got to guard, change the direction. That's when it gets really tough. And uh, I think they kind of got to move the biggs around. It's so easy just to play one on one from the top.
Speaker 5: Uh you know I can.
Speaker 6: It's easy to base somebody to three, and it's tough beating somebody taking off step back three and tough too.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I agree on.
Speaker 1: It's crazy because when you sprint into those screens, it then builds confusion of the switch, Like, oh, now you spread into it. That guy gotta spread. Now he moving, he gotta stop the guard coming off.
Speaker 3: He can split, he can.
Speaker 1: Attack you you're getting that switch is not just like you loading up the defense isn't set in the other spots.
Speaker 3: You spread into it.
Speaker 1: You spread into it, you can flip it, you spread into it, you can slip it right.
Speaker 3: It opens up so many options.
Speaker 6: Spread they did get was from Jones flipping the screen.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of confusion.
Speaker 6: He got the lot, So I think they got to definitely, you know, try to change his change the screen, change and angleing. Oh, don't always put the big end because we kind of game plan for that. We know all if hors in the in the in the ice on the island, this is what we're gonna do when you change the people, the pieces and the players. Sometimes guards don't know how to switch all the time, or they might not be used to different type of switches solf or if it's around the tail, are we switching?
Speaker 5: Are we not?
Speaker 6: Like so different things like that, you gotta kind of try to change the pieces on the court.
Speaker 3: I agree with that one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I saw something in the third quarter that happened, uh, and it was very reminiscent of me, or reminiscent of something for me that I saw, And I just wonder if you saw the same thing, or did it make you think the same.
Speaker 3: Thing that it made me think?
Speaker 1: What did Peyton Pritcher's third quarter buzzer be to make you think.
Speaker 5: About our series? JP? In the shot I changed the.
Speaker 3: Whole change everything.
Speaker 1: By the way, we were up where were we up fifteen points or something going into that quarter and they took the lead. And then, by the way, when you take a lead like that after coming down, coming back from down so much, and then you take the lead, what it does to the other team is demoralized. They had the lead, and then JP hitched the crazy shot, which then takes the momentum back immediately for us, because now, as opposed to you looking up and saying we're up one, you look up and you say, man, we killed ourselves. We down too, And what that does to you mentally is crazy. Because I was watching the game and I said to a few of my friends, Dallas was playing extremely well, and they looked up and it was thirty six thirty five Boston. And when they looked up and saw thirty six thirty five.
Speaker 3: Boston, what that.
Speaker 1: I could look at Dallas, by the way, and you could see, like, by the way, I'm talking a minute. When you see this, you know we got them. And I saw that from Dallas, Like when they looked up and it was thirty six thirty five, you saw Lucas still like, ah, come on, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: But you saw guys like that's that belief of like and tune. You could speak to this, I feel like, and I wonder if you feel the same way. I feel like we get to a point in every series. The first time we didn't get to that point was actually the Lakers in my career, where we got to a point and we're like, oh, we got this. Actually yeah, even when we lost to the Clippers we thought we had and when we lost to the Spurs we was up to one we thought. But you get to a point in every series where you're like, oh, I know, X, Y and Z we win it. And at that moment, I feel like Boston was like, oh we got this, like we we winning. But anyway, can you speak to that on Do you feel that way that same way as well? I like when you get to the point in this series and you're like, oh, yeah, we got this.
Speaker 6: One for sure, Like going into a series like you've confident that you can win, but you don't really know.
Speaker 5: We see what they're gonna do. Uh we played them in the regular season.
Speaker 6: They know it's different in the playoffs, and when you get get to playing even you can go down and you can lose and then like and still feel like, all right, we lost this game, but we got these dudes, like we figured out what they're doing, We got the game plan. If I make this sudjustment, we're gonna win, and uh.
Speaker 5: We it's it's it's I don't know. I've never been on the other side where I didn't feel like Whens.
Speaker 6: Probably was that Lakers series where we got down, it's all right, what we're gonna do to figure this out, how we're gonna crack this code, who we need to get going to win and different things like that, and uh, watching the game, I definitely feel like Boston, we got these dudes like, uh take them my shooting well, uh a brown and shoot that well.
Speaker 5: But we still we're still winning.
Speaker 6: We're making all the fifty fifty plays, were playing our solid basketball, and that's that's.
Speaker 5: When you when you're doing that, you feel good about it.
Speaker 6: When we can play a bad game or not have a shoot night, but our identity, Uh I will kind of win us the game. That's where we know we got this. We should now you go back home things. We should make our threes, We should win by twenty. That that feeling gives you the confidence we can we can go go win it. So Uh, I definitely feel like Boston feels that way.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: Dallas, they going home, they gonna feel good about it. Uh, everybody play better at home. And I think that Game three is gonna be gonna be big because they need they need to win. They need a confident win too. They don't need to squeak it out. They need to go out there and really flex their muscle so they can get that confidence back. We really could beat these dudes and put them doubt into Boston.
Speaker 1: This is this is the Draymond Green Show presented to you by Hyper actually not by High Price. This is the Draymond Green Show presented to you by Cavon Looney.
Speaker 3: Because the thing that this.
Speaker 1: Man is saying right now, I hope you all listening, And this is exactly why I was excited as hell when I hit you yesterday, Like yo, hey, you know what's crazy too?
Speaker 3: And I ain't gonna lie to you.
Speaker 1: I was sitting there and I'm like, we need to we need to book a guest for Champs only tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Who do we book? Who do we book?
Speaker 1: And Trave said what about Loom And I said, man, say no more. That's genius because hey, I love him to death, but b he going to get the opportunity.
Speaker 3: To show the world how smart he is.
Speaker 1: And I get to live it every day like this dude come to me and like most people will consider me smart in the basketball world, and like this dude to come to me, like, hey, what you see because I see blah.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah, bah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: You see that. I'm like, what do you want me to tell you? Like what do you want me to say?
Speaker 3: Like you just said it, Like that's exactly what's happening.
Speaker 1: And when I tell you and I've raved about him, right, I've raved about his professionalism, I've raised a bottom of being a great teammate.
Speaker 3: What I have not raved about is how smart this man is and.
Speaker 1: The things that he's saying right now is actually things that if I was sitting here doing a podcast with y'all by myself.
Speaker 3: The things that I would want to say.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure I'll land on them, because you're getting this thing and it's a little different, like you kind of go with the flow, you make your points. I'm not sure I'll land on them. But the things that he's saying right now is where I would want to land. And I hope y'all listening because the education that you're getting right now is special. This man talking about going back home, how everybody gonna play better, how they need to win, not they need to win, but how they need to.
Speaker 3: Win in order to make this a series.
Speaker 1: See as the Big Diesel say, this is G fourteen classification telling you what you need to know, how you need to go about it. And I'm sorry, but you know I love taking prid of the Draymond Green Show. But the Draymon Green Show is being dominated right now, and you gotta love it because when you tuned into this show, you didn't expect it. You know why you didn't expect it because you didn't know that the reason this man is so successful, the reason this man can go get twenty rebounds in multiple playoff games in a series, it's not because he can jump that high. It's not because he's the smartest guy. It's because he's I mean, excuse me, not the smartest guy, me the strongest guy. It's because he's smart. It's because he can see the ball like, oh, that's about to bounce there.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go that way, y'all. Remember the thing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna set the mic down so I can do this, y'all. Remember the thing when Dennis Robinson like that's that's what this man does, and it's one of the most incredible things. But even also from a defensive perspective, it's not that he's fast enough to keep up with prime James Harden mixing everybody or Prime Chris Paul mixing. It's not that he's fast enough. It's not that he moves great enough to keep up with them, dudes. I don't move great enough to keep up with them dudes. It's because he's that's smart. And so I hope y'all are appreciating this the way I'm appreciating in tune.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that from I gotta line now from you. I appreciate that, all right.
Speaker 1: Listen, one of the things I always say, and it's crazy because I be feeling like it, and I never tell them. You can't be the king of the parking life forever, and you're not going to be the guy.
Speaker 3: By the way, if.
Speaker 1: You take someone under your wing and you try to teach them the things that you know, if they don't end up smarter than you, you didn't do a good job or you didn't do the job that needed to be done. Because for me, since this man arrived in gold in San Francisco, Oakland actually, but with the Golden State Warriors, he actually arrived to take my spot, like because the Warriors kept drafting people that like were like like getting me out of there. For like five six years. It was like Loon, then it was I mean I could just name the names. I won't remember the order, but it was like Loon, then JB then like Eric Pascal Smiley, like the list went on and the Warriors kept drafting people to like replace me, and I get it, by the way, like it was never like a oh that's bullshit or like fuck that, I'm not gonna teach this man something like.
Speaker 3: It was never that for me for a couple of reasons.
Speaker 1: Number one, it's because when when I got the spot that I got when David Lee was hurt, and then I took this over the spot.
Speaker 3: He never stopped teaching me. He never stopped.
Speaker 1: Saying like, yo, you see this, like they're doing this, you should, or how to combat. He never stopped teaching me. I loved David Lee to death, always will have my love and respect. Never stopped teaching me. So Number one, I was taught that at Michigan State when the competition was going on. Travis Walden taught us like, no, I'm in competition with Kaylee Lucas because he coming in to take my spot, But that's my little brother, and I'm gonna teach him everything I know. And so for me, I I've tried to teach and instill everything I know into this man right here because I felt like that was my duty.
Speaker 3: And I be feeling so dumb when he come talk to me like yo, you.
Speaker 1: See da da da d And like sometimes I don't even see it, and I'll be like, yeah, yeah, I saw that, Like I just act like I saw it. But secondly, even if I do see it, it's like, bro, you don't need the answers for me, Like you know the answers to the test already like, I don't need to give you the answers to the test, And I feel like he'd be doing that on purpose to make me look or feel not look because it's just me and him.
Speaker 3: Feel done with He like, Yo, you see blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Blah blah, and they doing this, And I'm like, yeah, that's exactly what they doing.
Speaker 6: But nonetheless, ideas I got check in with you.
Speaker 5: But if you've seen it, I know right there.
Speaker 1: It is the most special thing when you when you take a young guy under your wing.
Speaker 3: And then you see them have success, it is the best feeling.
Speaker 1: By the way, it was the same thing for me with Jordan Poole when I took JP under my wing and to see him have success was the best thing for me. One of the worst feelings I've ever had as an NBA basketball player was seeing him get in a contract and knowing that I fucked it off and I couldn't celebrate his contract with him. It was one of the worst feelings that I've ever had as an NBA player. Not losing the NBA Finals, as much as that sucks, you move on from it, but like that's a life changing thing, Like we've experienced that, Like you got your contract that was life changing, right, we experienced that. And to see his life changed like that, and like I think he had like a party or something with his people in San Francisco or something, and like to not be able to go celebrate that.
Speaker 3: Here and I fucked it off like I did. I ain't gonna sit here and act like I didn't. I fucked it off. You know me, I take it on the chain, and I take it on the chain. It is what it is.
Speaker 1: I don't hide from my fuck ups, just like I don't hide from my wins. When I talk to you all about the wins I have and I tell you, don't let us win another fucking championship, and then I tell you about it. I'm the same way with my losses. And I messed out one up, but it hurts. And to see loun how the success that they've had, and to just know like you taught him a little bit, like you did what you're supposed to do to teach a little bit. It's the best feeling in the world. And now Lou you doing that. What was it like for you to see trash playing well this year?
Speaker 6: I well, see trace play. It's been great, you know, uh seeing him in because really during the summer time he was he was hurt, so I couldn't really like play with him. We didn't get a lot of time to like work out together.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: But this year, uh, you know, being able to work out with him and see his his talent. I remember you being you talking about like in the summer time he couldn't play at the mini camp and he was asking him, man, what are you get out on the court?
Speaker 5: Is he how is?
Speaker 6: I'm like pretty good, Like he got a good feel for the game, got a high i Q. I didn't know he was that athletic, and probably the season actually started.
Speaker 5: Uh, But just to see his.
Speaker 6: Growth and be able to learn and like workout with it has been cool, especially after like losing Decue. I feel like our big man, this guy a lot closer. So it's always always cool to see him you know, uh reached his uh the reward after the work he put in. So it's been really cool. I had that question for you because being that being older in the league. But I'll be seeing the plays. But you got a great skill of breaking it down. A lot of times I come to you just so you can break it down better than I can.
Speaker 5: That's don't know where you learn that from.
Speaker 6: And like who taught you how to really so you can put a complex scheme, you can break it down to lame, it's turn to anybody.
Speaker 3: Can get it honestly too.
Speaker 1: I feel like I am more blessed than any basketball player in the NBA. And the reason I feel that way is because the coach that I had along the way, Like when I started playing basketball, my uncle Benny taught me the game, Like.
Speaker 3: He didn't teach me.
Speaker 1: My uncle Benny still called me to this day and be like, man, I taught you great. I'm just disappointed because the one thing I didn't teach y'all was one on one score.
Speaker 3: He's like, I taught y'all everything.
Speaker 1: Man, I feel so happy about it when I watch you play, It's like, but I'm disappointed in myself because the one thing I didn't teach y'all was one on one score. And to go from my uncle Benny, who taught me the game at a very young age, Like I learned how to play healthside defense in elementary like helpside rules, gap defense, like the things that you learn by the way I see guys coming into NBA learning these things because they had them terrible college coaches that they thought was nice and they not Tom is uh. By the way, Lou should have been a spartan. But that's a conversation for another day. But when I tell you, guys comeing to NBA not knowing how to get in the gap, not knowing how to play help side deep.
Speaker 3: I learned that in elementary school and then.
Speaker 1: The coaches that I had along the way, Coach Dawkins, Coach Speedy, and to make it to the great time is a the things like Tom is all as much as I was taught by those coaches before Tom Izzo taught me how to break it down that way, because coach is what bring you into a film session. And by the way, as you know, I've just explained to y'all my relationship with Coach Kurry how it started.
Speaker 3: It began.
Speaker 1: I am very much so the player that's going to test you. I am very much so the player that's going to question you. I am very much so the guy that if you don't know what you're talking about, you're gonna hate me because I'm gonna ask you the questions and you gotta give me an answer, and it ain't no roundabout answer you giving me.
Speaker 3: You gotta answer my question or I'm gonna like that don't make sense.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I'm gonna let you know I feel like that don't make sense. And Coach is all with how to saying. He say, listen, my office door is always open, but if you come in the kitchen, you better bring the goods. Because if you go in coach his own office and you say blah blah blah, he gonna take you right through this little doorway in his office, which is his big film room with a big long table, and he gonna sit you down and he gonna rip you apart through philm like look at this blah blah blah blah. And he taught me how a to watch film, which is like, man, Loun just had to turnover.
Speaker 3: But why didn't Loan how to turnover?
Speaker 1: Because Draymond threw him a pass at his feet, and when you threw him a pass at his feet, he had to bend down and get that pass, and then his next pass was from there out of emotion, out of bounds. And people's mind is like, hey, Lon just had to turnover. What coach Iso taught me is Draymond, you had to turnover right. And so through film, he then taught me indirectly how to break.
Speaker 3: These things down into layman's terms.
Speaker 1: And so when he taught me how to watch Phil, that's when I learned how to break the game of basketball down the way I can because I watched.
Speaker 3: These films with him.
Speaker 1: And again I'm going in there like, is fuck this man, I didn't get the ball, and he like, look at this, look at that, look at this, look at that thing, look at this thing. And he would tear me down so bad, like to the point where you walk out of there you feel so defeated. But I will walk out of there and I would feel like, man, I am so much smarter than I was when I walked in there. And that's kind of where I got it from. It's like it's teaching like the way he taught me, Like you see me in film session when we watch Phil, I go, go, go go, because the things that I'm watching on film when we watching Phil, it's probably not what everybody.
Speaker 3: Else is watching.
Speaker 1: But I've been taught to watch film like Tom is a That's the only way I know. And so that helped me learn how to break down these things to where like anybody can understand it. Because to Tom ISO's basketball knowledge, I was just like everybody else. I was anybody that needed to understand and he would break it down like that.
Speaker 3: And that's why you should have went to Michigan State. Tune.
Speaker 6: But you put it like that, it sounds good, but you see it. Whereas that recruiting his son right now, he's gonna be at U c l A too.
Speaker 3: It's going it's crazy because.
Speaker 1: You know we we live well not in season right up the street from U c l A and DJ B Daddy.
Speaker 3: You see La this, you see La that? You see I'm like, bro, we we sparked. It's like we're Michigan State and I told tune this and no tune just hold it off from my head. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, but too, I don't want to hold you too long. I got a couple more questions for you. What do you think Dallas can do? And you've kind of hinted out it a little bit, but give me two adjustments that the Dallas Mavericks need to make in order to get back in this series.
Speaker 6: Well, I definitely get the others feeling more comfortable. Uh, how you go about that.
Speaker 5: That's for a couple of different things.
Speaker 6: I seem like they tried to start the second was that the third quarter they went in the post and he got a couple Uh, I think got a hook shot, and I think he got a much better have it because he felt like he was involved seeing the ball going a round. Like we talked about putting Luca on on the on the post. See, well see how Boston reacts to that. That that's another just they could do. Uh, I didn't. I don't feel like I've seen much Kyrie and Luca picking rolls like them playing. Uh, that's something that maybe you could try, uh for the offensive end, uh and defensively, I feel like they didn't doing a good job.
Speaker 5: You know, Boston miss a lot of threes.
Speaker 6: Maybe, like you said, send them left so they can, you know, kind of take Tatum and Brown from punching the paint. Uh, and they got to figure out how to take Holidays like energy plays out the game.
Speaker 5: He kind of put his hand print all over the game.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: He didn't bully him, but he kind of like had his way where he got where he wanted to get.
Speaker 6: To he came up with whatever he loose ball he made all the time he plays, and so you got to figure out how to match his intensity.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: And as a role player, I feel like that's our job is to figure out that part.
Speaker 5: You know, Holiday not a role player.
Speaker 6: He's a little bit too qualified for his what he's actually doing out there. So as like guy like Derrick Jones Junior should probably take that like little person, I'm a like all these all the fifty feet balls that he's getting, I'm getting like, uh, that's what I try to do, all the all the small things for lively, like try to go get eight.
Speaker 5: Office three bounds.
Speaker 6: All those type of energy plays kind of change the floor of the game and kind of you know breaks, you know the Boston's like no, no, put the pressure on them and uh, you know, get a little bit more physically, a little more nasty out there and see what happens.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, y'all be talking about I got a TV job, y'all listening to this man talk. This is this inspired to me. This man know everything switching gears a little bit. Uh. And I appreciate your assessment because I agree with you. Dan Hurley is reportedly making a decision on the Lakers job on Monday, and reportedly he's extremely impressed with the Lakers pitch, but also loves what he has built at Yukon now as a player that actually played for or coach very similar to Dan Hurley, which is like super intense by the way, like Is would tell us like, you suck at basketball, like Draymond you stink, you suck, Your mother could play better than you, Like.
Speaker 3: Is what say those types of things to us?
Speaker 1: And when I got to the NBA, a couple of times Is looked at There was a couple of times that he looked at NBA jobs, and I remember specifically he was looking at the Calves job and when I was when I was in college.
Speaker 3: And he didn't know whether Lebron was coming back or not, and he stayed. But then he was.
Speaker 1: Looking at the Calves job again when Bline took it, and I told he Is, I said, something as simple as the way God's dressing the NBA would bother you. And you can't tell the guy that's making thirty million dollars he sucked, Like it's just gonna be hard for you to do that.
Speaker 3: I'd much rather you stab Missians.
Speaker 1: They now selfishly I wanted him to stab Mishis, but also me having his best interest, just like he's always had my best interest to this day. No matter what happens, if anything goes right or wrong, I know I.
Speaker 3: Can turn to him. Right.
Speaker 1: Dan Hurley has that same style. I watch him with his players and it's crazy. Do you think that his intense style could translate to an NBA coach?
Speaker 5: Uh? I would?
Speaker 6: He would have to adjust, Like, you just can't be that intense all the time and in the NBA locker room. So I would say no, But no, he's a great coach. I know he can adjust, but it's definitely gonna be an adjustment. You can't come in for a two gs and be that intense, uh, because you're gonna lose.
Speaker 5: I want to say, you would lose the locker room. But at some point they're gonna.
Speaker 6: Tune you out if you're just always yelling, if you're always in people's face, if you're over coaching. Sometimes gods just like to figure out as a We gotta figure out as a unit sometimes, or sometimes it needs to be collaborative, like our film sessions. You you might take over one day or Chris Paul might take over, or STEP's gonna have something to say that that day. So you can't just be a dictator in the locker room or I would not. That's not to call him one, but intensity you know, I can definitely make our our team so special or our locker room is just the joy and to know how to balance it out. So off the off the top of my head, I would say no, uh, just because you know, it's a lot of different personalities in the uh, in the in the NBA locker room and college you kind of kind of fall into place. In the NBA you don't have to uh, you know, you you want guys to buy in. But no, no, at the end of the day, we all grown men, so peop don't like and shown up in front of people for in the game. So it's a it's a fine line between the tents and getting the barrass.
Speaker 5: So it's like, all right, you got to figure that to how to walk back.
Speaker 3: So I agree, I agree. I think it's go ahead.
Speaker 5: You now how you feel about playing for Izzo as how you.
Speaker 1: Are now, Like I love Isoe to death, if Isoe said, if it is said, some of the things to me today that he said to me when I was twenty, it wouldn't work.
Speaker 3: It just wouldn't work, but it wouldn't it would not work. And I'm so.
Speaker 1: Happy is stay at Michigan State, because hey, I would hate for somebody to try to take a hit out of his legacy because it didn't work, Like it's hard to coach the NBA, man like by the way, Darvin Ham had very two successful seasons and got fired, like it is very hard to coach in the NBA. So I would hate to see his legacy impacted like that. But also there's just some things you can't say to me at thirty four that you would have said to me at nineteen, and so he'd have to adjust him. By the way, Billy Donovan was much like it, right, Like they were much like the same person.
Speaker 3: And you know, he's made of work.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't necessarily say he's had the best coaching career in the NBA, but he's been a good NBA coach.
Speaker 5: And so your coach, you're doing good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like right like, so you.
Speaker 1: Know it could help and I understand that, but I agree that style, that particular style, if he gonna take that style, right You're not gonna go in there and tell Lebron Lebron joab it ain't working. So that's my take on that. But I do got one more question for you if and by the way, before I ask the question, there's also a thing when college coaches are like, you go on the campus, it's on the man, right, you go on Yukon on campus. I only what's his name, Stephan Stefan Castle And what was the big kid name Clinican, like Donovan Clinican or something Clinican. Yeah, something like Clinging Clinging Clinican. No disrespect to him, but like they're not the man on campus. Dann Hurley's the.
Speaker 3: Man on campus. Right in the NBA, Darren Hurley, you only get blamed and you don't you don't get credit.
Speaker 1: And so I think that's a totally different thing for coaches to have to accept as well, And like how does his ego take that? Like, if you get the Lakers job, brother, you like seventh on the total pole of the most important people who went the Lakers, You're not number one, And so that's a different thing in saying that, do you think the Lakers hiring Dan Hurley makes them a championship contender next year.
Speaker 6: Uh, I'm gonna ask you a question. Were they championship contender this year?
Speaker 3: They were not?
Speaker 6: Then, I think just changing the coach, didn't know. All they do is change the coach. I don't think that just puts them into contention. Oh they're gonna have to I don't know what they need to add, but they have to add something to figure it. I don't think it just I don't think Darvienham was the only problem for why they didn't win the championship. Facts, so I couldn't just say, oh, we changed the coach, now we're a champion.
Speaker 5: I don't think it worked like that.
Speaker 3: That's a fact. So I would say, no, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I think, I actually think Darvinham was like building and in the right direction. Like they ran into a bad matchup for them, which is right. They ran into a bad match up which is the Nuggets, Like that's the worst team they could have played, because that matchup for them just isn't great. But I think Darvinham was actually doing a great job. But I agree with you. I don't think that makes you a championship contender. Just like all things equal, like that team and then that coach. I don't think that makes you a championship contender. I all suddenn't think Darren Hurley's gonna walk into bed. Come on, Lebron, you need to It ain't happening, so you know. Nonetheless, I respect the hell out of Dann Hurley as a coach. I think he's incredible, comes from an incredible pedigree, two time national champion. I got nothing but respect for him. But this NBA is different and people don't understand it. Before we get out of here. Last question too, huh, go ahead, go ahead?
Speaker 5: He definitely, he definitely can adjust.
Speaker 6: But how long does it take for somebody adjug from co do you do it overnight?
Speaker 5: Is it a two year to him? For really to figure it out?
Speaker 6: Like you ain't been in an NBA game, how long does it take to adjust? That's like another question too.
Speaker 3: That's a fact.
Speaker 1: And then also if it's a two year adjustment, are they waiting past too? Because they got rid of dark after two So it's a tough it's a tough thing. Last question too, And I gotta ask this. I'd be people would fight me if I didn't ask this. Your future with the Warriors three million guaranteed eight million salary. There's a bunch of things going around. Nobody know what the hell they're talking about. But just talk to me about, Yeah, what it's been like for the Warriors with you? Do you want to stay with the Warriors? What do you see next in your career?
Speaker 3: Uh? Just finish year. It's twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Eight, you're eight, You're you just finished your nine.
Speaker 3: We got full pitsion, what's y'all talking about? You better act like you know full pension. But talk to me about that tune, Like what you know?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What what's next for you? Do you want to be with the Warriors? Do you see like? Ah, like it didn't finish great for me this year? Like what is it for you?
Speaker 5: The ball? Ball isn't in my court.
Speaker 6: I don't have full control over my destiny, so I kind of kind of played the weight and game control where I can control. I've been here my whole career. I don't know nothing else. Uh So, you know, you always want to finish what you started and be somewhere for the whole career. But I'm been in this business long enough I know that's not realistic. Uh So, I'm preparing myself for whatever.
Speaker 5: Uh. You know, my family's out here the basement. Great to me.
Speaker 6: They treat me like families I grew up here. So uh, I haven't really thought about too far. I'm trying to see what they're going to do first before I really you know, push the envelope, see what I want to do. Right now, I'm just focusing on my game, you know, like like you said, the end of the season and the best for me.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: But I take pride in adapting and figuring stuff out.
Speaker 5: Uh, So that's my I got a new goal, a new new plan.
Speaker 6: I gotta gotta be adapt So I'm looking forward to add to my game, adapting to this new NBA uh and figuring out and uh. I've been working hard and I feel like I'm it'll be a different player next year, and that's.
Speaker 5: Always always the goal.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: I feel like I conquered my my old my own role, so now I got to figure out my new role and and take that next step. So uh, that's what that's what I've been focusing on. I'm trying to focus on my game. And usually when you focus on your game and you put in the work, things always work.
Speaker 5: Out for me.
Speaker 6: So, uh, like I said, the ball in my court. You know, I've been a warrior for life. Even whatever happens, I'm always gonna be a warrior for life. And uh so I'm really just waiting to see what what what our organization gonna do.
Speaker 1: You are most definitely that, my brother. You have been incredible for me in my life. I love you to death. I appreciate you, I noticed organization and base appreciate you. And I don't know what the hell anybody's doing quite I don't even know. I hope to be there. But the saying all of that, as you said number one, again, listen to these answers. This man is talking about the business of basketball. He's talking about the bass not in my court, the boss in their cort.
Speaker 3: But I'm prepared for everything.
Speaker 1: And most importantly what he just said in that astwer, which is I said this on the pod, the most importantly he just said, I'm adjusting to this new NBA because since twenty twenty two, the NBA actually changed a lot. And I don't know if the average person watching the NBA realizes the shift that has happened in the NBA, but these shifts happen every so often. And the last shift that happened was due to the way Steph Curry shot the ball and the way Klay Thompson shot the ball. That was the last shift in the NBA. That shift is now shifted. And in turn, you saw loom like not in the lineup sometimes and then because it shifted, And what did he just say, I'm adjusting to this new NBA and I'm adding to my game.
Speaker 3: So I'm prepared for that new NBA because most people.
Speaker 1: Can adjust to the new NBA and then they out in the year right, And so you're listening to the most professional teammate I've ever had in.
Speaker 3: My life, not NBA, not college, not high school.
Speaker 5: Know you the reason I ain't never lay right?
Speaker 3: Why is that.
Speaker 6: The first day of my training head I'm on crutches. I pull up to practice like ten thirty, it start at eleven. I can't walk. I can't even get on the court. I'm not even rehaving at the facility. I gotta go somewhere else to rehab. And he come in sweating locker room. You just now getting here. I'm like, yeah, like I can't do nothing be here. Eight thirty tomorrow all right, And ever since then, I've been there at a thirty every day. I ain't never late just because he told me so, I guess that's the time I'm supposed to be here. He probably don't even know if you remember that, but I was on crutchy so I'm like, whit tripp, And I can't even practice, I can't walk, I can't do anything.
Speaker 5: But hey, I'm gonna be here eight thirty. Sit here.
Speaker 3: What that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I've never heard this story, by the way, y'all heard it here on the Draymond Green Show, presented to you by Hype Rice and Cavan Louie. And I'm honored to hear that because over the last two years of my career, well.
Speaker 3: Actually I wasn't late at all. This year.
Speaker 1: I was so embarrassed to be around our team last year when JP was still on the team, that I came to everything.
Speaker 3: Like I was probably late last season.
Speaker 1: Many times, and I just paid a fine because I was so embarrassed to like show my face in a time where it's like like before everything start, that's when everybody likes shooting the shit and like all the conversations.
Speaker 3: I was so embarrassed to show my face.
Speaker 1: During those times that I would time everything up, like if we're on the road, I time it up to like the minute I need to get there, and if the elevator took a little bit longer than they was supposed to, I'd be late. Or if I'm leaving my crib, which is like seven to eight minutes away.
Speaker 3: From the facility, I time it up to the minute of where I need to rise.
Speaker 1: And if the red light right there in front of the Giant Stadium Oracle Park, if the red light caught me, I'd be two three minutes late, like ah. And so one of Steve's rules this year was like, Draymond, don't be late. And I'm never a late guy. I was never laid in my career, but last year I couldn't show my face like before, Like it was just it was terrible.
Speaker 3: And so I was happy to be back on time this year.
Speaker 1: I'm also happy to hear that because again, the impact that you make on a young guy, and I always I've talked about this too, some of these teams not having a VET, like the importance of a VET on a young player goes way further than their game could ever take them.
Speaker 3: And to hear that is an honor to me. I'm honored to.
Speaker 1: Have my young brother, my little brother, Cavan Looney tune. Y'all don't know that my man tune on the show. I appreciate you, brother. I hope to be your teammate next year. Whether that's you went the Worriors, I went to Worris, so we both went to Worris. You know, you just never know how these things go. As to say, you don't, you just don't know. But nonetheless, whether I'm a teammate or not, I love you to death forever.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: I am so proud of the career that you've had nine years in and three what is it two or three hip surgeries in the first two hip surgeries in the first year and a half of your career, Like, that's a death sentence. That's a bigger death sentence than the word tweeter. When I was coming out, there was a death sentence. Two hip surgeries is a death sentence. And nine years later you're still on the same team.
Speaker 3: You are the.
Speaker 1: Fifth most tenyar player, maybe even less than that now because Dame Lena in the NBA today, And to do that the way you've had to do it. I got nothing but respect for you. I got nothing but love for you. I appreciate you coming on the show. I want to continue drinking my lobos down here in Cabo as I've been doing. But I love you to death. I appreciate you. Thank you. My brother appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: My mom is super excited that I'm on the show. He said, when are you gonna get on this show? I said, I don't know. Waiting on the advice, so I know you're gonna be watching it and saying, she love you just as much.
Speaker 1: Suit, Miss Victoria Lodi. We love you to death. We show love you, pops much love. That's a rap from this episode of The Draymond Green Show. I'm gonna take a shot on my lobos and I'm gonna continue to enjoy my vacation.
Speaker 3: But I love y'all. That's a rap. Peace,