Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Beca Tilly and Tanya rad and iHeartRadio and two time People's Choice Award winning podcast. Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in.
Speaker 2: We have a Dear Bonnie episode today.
Speaker 3: Do you like when we played the guests who game?
Speaker 2: Like, are you having fun doing that?
Speaker 1: Okay? So I'm glad you brought that up. Yeah, because I was seeing some scuttle in the Facebook group that it's hard for the listeners to follow along like it was after the one when we had three of us going mm hm. So I don't think we should do it like that anymore, even when we pingpong. I think it's more for video, like it's funny you can watch on video and it's like easy to follow along. I think as listeners it's like hard, like it's hard for them to guess because they it's too hard. Oh do you get what I'm saying? So you're saying so like, I think you should go and just ask as many questions as you can and then you figure out your person and then we kind of go one by one instead of oh around like that.
Speaker 4: And then like you keep track of how how many questions get it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Interesting? Yeah, So they like the game, just the way the format is.
Speaker 1: I think they want to play along. Oh they do want to want to play long, and it's hard for them to follow when it's like one question, one question, one question, one question.
Speaker 5: That's how some people complain that they had a hard time remembering what was what. Yeah, and my distrection is like take notes. That was taking notes, but just for me, and I wasn't thinking about all three of us.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. Yeah, well I should do it one by one and just see who can do it the fat who can get it that.
Speaker 4: Maybe we do.
Speaker 1: Time a timer or the fewest questions, Yeah, like we count all the questions.
Speaker 3: Okay, smart? And then also I was thinking maybe we do the like a recap midway through of like you always do this. So I'm an actor, I'm under thirty, like you, you're good about doing that.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. I like to reset for the audience.
Speaker 3: You're not good at winning the game, but you're great at giving the listeners.
Speaker 1: Theodcast professional here, okay, decades of if you're nothing, if nothing, you are a broadcast professional. Thank you, Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Hope you enjoy that production meeting of scrubing.
Speaker 3: In just a little bts. Okay, so we actually have a dear bonnya, but it's what's a.
Speaker 2: He's bringing it to the floor.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm going ahead of the I'm cutting the line here. I did not write an email, I didn't leave a voice message. I'm gonna do this because I'm having a crisis.
Speaker 1: U baby. Yes, yeah, getting the ind on the on the dear bonya using.
Speaker 4: My opportunity, not giving to everybody else.
Speaker 5: So we have these neighbors that are nice, but we've noticed it's it's this young couple. They have two small kids, and then the wife's dad kind of I don't know if he lives with them or he's just there a lot, like working on the house.
Speaker 4: I have noticed, bless you.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry that one was ferocious.
Speaker 5: I've noticed because we have a camera in our alley where our garbage cans are, and I've noticed this guy. He'll go out with a leaf blower, can't blow the alley, very nice swim to do, and then he sweeps up a bunch of garbage and puts it in our garbage can and it normally I was like, yeah, it feels it feels weird. But also I've done that to people. Maybe this is just karma coming back. It's gone to the point now there's like a lot he's putting all of his like leaves and like just random debris in there and kind of filling it up.
Speaker 1: But isn't that shared property like in the alley, Like it's.
Speaker 4: The alley is shared property.
Speaker 5: But we have garbage cans and they have garbage cans, right, you know, so he's going to our garbage cans and then he like repositions our garbage cans, you know, not enough to where it blocks our garage, but like just it's just weird. And we're Alison and I are like obsessed over this now, We're like why is he doing this? So we were going to bring it up to his daughter, who is our neighbor, be like, hey, could your dad maybe not use our garbage cans. She started doing it too, We saw it yesterday. She was like cleaning out the garage and putting stuff in our garbage cans. So I don't want to be like a petty, weird neighbor, but also.
Speaker 1: Can't you put your garbage can somewhere else? Are they doing the same day every week?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's always on Sundays.
Speaker 1: So Sundays move your trash cans, like, and can you move them in your garage?
Speaker 4: That's what I suggest that to Alison.
Speaker 5: She said, maybe we get one of those locks, and I was like, that's equally that's equal effort, you know, like it feels weird to put a lock on our garbage can too.
Speaker 2: I think you just need to say, hey, say something.
Speaker 1: Yeah wait, I'm so confused. Why what are you going to say? Stop putting the leaves in our garage in our trash can.
Speaker 3: I'd say, hey, we just to make sure that we have enough space, Like would you mind asking if you need to put your leaves in here?
Speaker 1: Just because this is our property. I think it's it's just not their leaves. It'd be weird to me if they were throwing like the kitchen trash like out in your trash can.
Speaker 5: Yesterday it was a construction trash was going our trash can. That was the That was the thing that pushed me over the edge because leaves and stuff, I guess, you know, uh, they're also really weird about property lines and stuff like that. And he the dad comes up onto our porch every week and leaf blows our porch, which is nice, but also I'm like, if I do that to you, you'd be like, you'd have a gun in my face. Honestly, Like he's on your porch, on my porch, like leaf blowing, but like this is weird. It's weird, right, Okay, I feel like it's weird. But I also is like he's kind of doing something nice. But I also didn't ask him to do That's the thing.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: You didn't say, Hey, y'all, didn't have a conversation where he was like, hey, would you want me to leaf blow your porch while I'm doing this? And you said, oh my gosh, i'd be amazing. He's just doing on your property.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I would say, either have a conversation with them, and if you don't want to be confrontational, just move your cans into the garage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think.
Speaker 1: That hands into the garage. I could not have that conversation with the neighbor personally, Yeah, because I throw my stuff in other people's trash cans. I don't like your dog poop if you're walking.
Speaker 3: I hate when Hayley does that, especially dog poop.
Speaker 1: I'm like, poop, it's in a trash can. You wrap it up in a bag and you tie it. It's not like you're just like throwing the poop in there.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm really weird about this.
Speaker 3: I only throw the poop away, either in our trash can or in like if we because we walk by a park, I'll put it in like a pubby.
Speaker 1: What if you're in like a neighborhood, so I take someny. If I'm on my street and I'm just like walking her down, I'll hold the poop and I'll throw it in our trash can. But if I'm like down in a different part of town around home.
Speaker 3: I don't think I would imagine people don't care. I just care.
Speaker 2: So this would bug me.
Speaker 3: And even when we have like during Christmas and stuff, we'd have so many boxes and recyclable things. I would text my neighbor and say like, hey, if y'all have space in your because they would be out of town, I'd say, would you mind if we use your recycle bind to put some stuff like? I would always text them. I would never just assume.
Speaker 4: Right, that feels crazy to me.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I would never put my boxes in my neighbor's trash can that's crazy or.
Speaker 3: Trash, Like when if we had to excess amount of trash, I would text him and say, hey, if you have room in your trash, can can I put our trash in there?
Speaker 1: I think it's so weird that they're not asking it.
Speaker 2: It leaves.
Speaker 1: It's like community property. I get it, but then put it in putting it in their own Maybe it's a walk away, too far of a walk. Maybe they're ending on your side of the street. So it's just like.
Speaker 5: There theirs are behind of gate, but like I don't know a yard from ours, Like their trash cans are out there too, and I don't I feel super petty going out there and like.
Speaker 4: Look it in there, just be like, oh, you got some room in here? You know I didn't. I don't want to do that.
Speaker 5: But it also feels weird, like every time because again we have got we have a camera back there because I had some issues with some It's an alleyway, you know, people are doing stuff, so we have a camera back there, and then it goes off and I just see this guy just you know, dumping stuff in there.
Speaker 3: I guess my thing would be if you had a relationship with them and y'all talked a lot, and it was like that vibe. It would be like, oh, you know, because I do feel like there are neighbors sometimes where you have that relationship and rapport with them where it's like understood, like we're.
Speaker 2: Cleaning up the leaves, So do you mind we're.
Speaker 1: Throwing We're all in this.
Speaker 3: Wednesday, so you have a few days where you could be filling it up and there's space taken in there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we did it. We were we didn't have a lot going on yesterday. So we saw them put They put a big spool of like it was like you know that paper you put down when you're like painting your house, like the or like doing construction. They had a big role of that and they put it in our garbage can. So we waited for them to go back inside. I go out there. I just took it out and just put it next to the garbage can which is in front of their garage. And I'm like, if they put it back in, I'm gonna lose it.
Speaker 4: They did not. They just left it in front of the garage.
Speaker 3: So I think they'll get the hint if you just move the trash cans into the garage.
Speaker 1: It is aggressive. It is not neighborly. No, I would just put the trash cans in your garage, call it a day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's probably when I have to do.
Speaker 3: And if he continues, If he continues, well yeah, it's annoying having a movement. But if he continues to just be on the porch and that becomes a problem, I think maybe you're going to have to have some confrontational conversation. Yeah, because like I said, I think if you have that kind of agreement with your neighbor, it's one thing.
Speaker 1: But if he's just blowing off, so let me just tell you, there's nothing more frustrating than your trash bins being full when you're like a day or two away from trash day.
Speaker 3: So annoying, worse, it sucks.
Speaker 1: I'm like stepping in there. I'm like using my hands as smush, like, oh.
Speaker 2: You have to get crafty, you do really crafty.
Speaker 5: You know, it's crazy we we use as company athens.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I think there will across southern California.
Speaker 5: But we were filling up our garbage can and then our like Green Waiste was like mostly empty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so it's like leaves and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I called.
Speaker 5: I was like, can I get a bigger can or maybe a other one? Like I'll pay whatever, and then they ignored me. And then the garbage guy came by and I'm like, hey, I'm sorry, man, it's just full.
Speaker 4: I don't know what to do.
Speaker 5: And he's like, let me tell you something. All three of these they go in the same bin. Put whatever you want, and all three of them does not matter, like recycling too. He's like, yeah, all goes the same thing. You're lying And I'm like uh, and he's like, we soared it later and it was kind of like giving me a look, and I'm like, this sucks.
Speaker 2: I'm being a good amount of time.
Speaker 1: I spent googling which can go in the green? Like you can put a pizza box in the green? Did you know that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I did not. And now I'm like, so I can just put everything in.
Speaker 2: Then he's like, yeah, hey, is he putting the leaves into your green bin?
Speaker 4: Yes, he's not putting them in like the garbage can.
Speaker 2: Respectfully.
Speaker 4: So you say move the cans or just live with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that, but I would if they're moving them, I say, can you just not move them. I think that's a fair ask, Like, hey, I don't mind you putting this stuff in here because you're doing us a favor, but can you just not move them?
Speaker 4: Okay, that feels fair.
Speaker 1: And that bin is like always empty, yeah, well ours is never full.
Speaker 5: We we have a lot of leaves in the back here, you know, our guy comes and fills it up.
Speaker 3: I think if the green bin is like not an issue for you, I think you more so just have a conversation about not moving things around.
Speaker 4: Yeah all right, well thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm very I really respect the property lines too, so I feel your frustration and concerns.
Speaker 5: We we wanted to put a fence in, and we asked them about doing that and they're like, oh, yeah, we'll get back to you. And then the next day they had someone come out and do the survey and like put the markers in for y'all. Yeah, like like for our property lines. Like it was just we just kind of like had an idea and we're like, hey, we won't put a fence in, you know, is that like yeah, yeah, we'll ge back to you. And then the next day some guys out there like the whole thing and putting the spike in the ground, and I was like, oh God, just could turn into the half fields of McCoy's.
Speaker 3: You should them some other things you want you take are on it. Actually, let's let's take advantage of the pool.
Speaker 5: In Hey, thanks for the advice you guys. That's the kind of quality advice you get here.
Speaker 1: Now I could use my own.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, let's take it break, let's do this.
Speaker 1: We're back. Dear Bonya. I walk my dog to poop every day and it's five houses down from our house. They have a sign in their yard that says, please don't have your dog pee on my lawn. Like it's you know, like it's one of those like oh yeah, it has like a dog like peeing and it says like a dog pee kills grass or something. But they have turf, which is I don't understand. But the couple that lives in this house, and we've met them several times there are cute at can be older, older couple with a little dog of their own. And so I'm like really thrown by the sign in their front yard because I'm just like, it just doesn't feel like them. But anyway, Sunny loves pooping. That's like her poop place.
Speaker 2: Okay, she wants what she can't have exactly.
Speaker 1: But Robbie and I, obviously we don't like we always pick up our poop. We always pick it up, we take it home whatever, We'll throw it in their trash, can we take it to our house. But the other day I was taking some to poop and there's a huge poop on their lawn. It wasn't from Sunny. Obviously she didn't end up pooping there that day, And I was like, should I pick up the poop even though it's not my dog's, just because I'm always pooping on this lawn, I don't want them to think it's me. I didn't. I couldn't muster up the I couldn't. I know. I should have picked it up though, and thrown it away, because like, I don't want them thinking it was Sunny. It's much larger than Sonny's. But they don't know that. They don't know how Petita. They probably camera how would I know?
Speaker 2: They're probably watching you. They probably watch you examine should I pick it up or not?
Speaker 1: Shake your head, probably like walks all over it, because like Sunny will like walk around and they're little, because it's hard to explain, but they have like this grassy patch they live on like a it's like a curve, like it's the street just curves, and so it's kind of dangerous with like the traffic as people are just going fast around there. So anytime we've seen them, they're like, oh, like walk through our driveway. It's safer for the dogs. And Robbie just like walks all over the grass, like I at least try and stand on like the curb or like the driveway, so I'm not like on the grass. Yeah, but it's her place of poop, like that's where she's chosen. Yeah, I should have picked it up, right, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't think I would have.
Speaker 1: Really. As I was like walking away, I was like, I should have.
Speaker 3: It would have been a really nice gesture. Why would I do your gesture? I don't think you're a bad person for not doing it.
Speaker 1: But why didn't I choose the nice neighborly thing to do.
Speaker 3: It's poop and another dog. It's not your own blood DNA.
Speaker 1: I know, like Sonny's poop is like petite and cute.
Speaker 3: And one little thing, and yeah, and then someone will leave like a whole big thing in the middle of the sidewalk, And I'm like, this is so inconsidered because even if I run out of bags, I will get a leaf and like try to just like yeah.
Speaker 1: I've gone bare hands before. Whoa you guys to be like yeah, me too. No, no, but I definitely use a leaf same yeah, ye been there too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I don't think she thinks it's sunny, And I don't think you're a bad person for not picking it up.
Speaker 2: You know what, thank you for writing it.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm gonna be the nice person from now on. I'm gonna choose the nice path. Wow.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's nice versus not nice. I think it's just a very thoughtful gesture that you didn't have to do.
Speaker 1: But why not be the thoughtful neighbor?
Speaker 5: You know, we're faced with these choices in life of like doing things that you'll never be like thanked for or acknowledged for, like putting the grocery cart back. Is a is a big one where it's like you don't get punished if you don't do it, and then you you don't get thanked if you do. It's just a nice thing to do.
Speaker 1: But that's a that's a test of morality and character.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the.
Speaker 3: Only excuse you have is if you're a mom with kids trying to get them in the car and you've you're parked far away from where the return is and I have I have grace for those people and only them or or you, like.
Speaker 1: I have to go to the bathroom really no, no, okay, yeah, any time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But cleaning up another dog's poof, that's the same. It's it's like you're tipping the scales in the right way by doing it, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, obviously's still sitting with me.
Speaker 3: Well, I got home last night and there was a dead mouse in our front yard and I had to figure out how to pick up because Haley was freaking out, and I was like, because I'm gonna be the the moon.
Speaker 1: So I triple bag Phoebees poop bags.
Speaker 2: Those were so thin.
Speaker 3: I tripled and I picked it up and it was so sad, and I said, I'm so sorry whatever happened to you, and I hope it was peaceful.
Speaker 2: And then I would you do put him in the bag? Yeah, put him in the bag and throw in your trash can.
Speaker 4: I had to pick up a dead chipmunk overke.
Speaker 3: End that would break her chipmunks are so.
Speaker 1: They're like big got.
Speaker 5: We have a place in uh I don't want then the mountains, and we were gonna go up there for the weekend.
Speaker 4: We walk in Plata. Yeah, we have a.
Speaker 5: We have a failed airbnb situation. So we're going there just to have a nice weekend. And we walk in and it smells like something dead and we're like, oh man, because we had we had a rat problem. And anyway, I go downstairs. I just see this dead, freshly dead chipmunk and I don't know what happened, but inside inside on the on the rug underneath our bed, and uh, it was it's it's like it sucks because it's sad and gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, disturbing.
Speaker 5: And just and yeah, just upsetting and like you could see like evidence of it all over the place. I was like, God, it probably got like I think it ran in when like we had a cleaner or something and then it got just got stuck in there and didn't know how.
Speaker 4: To get out.
Speaker 5: It was broke my heart. And then yeah, I think it or dehydration or something. Just this is so dark, but but you know, I put gloves on and then like a garbage bag and like kind of scooped it up.
Speaker 4: I can feel its body, and it was like this is so it was weird.
Speaker 5: Simultaneously I was feeling so sad and like I was like like I.
Speaker 1: Was like, you should have taken one of these gloves you got me for my birthday.
Speaker 2: I have to keep those fresh for you.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Tom, I how to use one of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really upsetting. I'm very sensitive to small animals, even when they're considered like pest or what. Yeah, I feel that I won't even kill if there's a fly, I'll try to swat it down without killing it and then release it outside.
Speaker 1: It's trying to get them out of the yeah, like out the door.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So anyways, next time, you know, if you want to pick up the pooper not you're not a bad person. Yeah, you just let her know, be like I really hope that you didn't think that large.
Speaker 2: Pile of poop.
Speaker 1: I'm off, you know, It's not like I'm like chatting with them daily.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, well then I actually had let to roll off the shoulders. All right, should we get into mother in law upset or social posts?
Speaker 4: Let's do this. This is from Lindsey.
Speaker 5: My eight year old daughter made it to Nationals with her dance team, and we spent an amazing week celebrating her and the team. My husband's family came to watch, but my parents couldn't make it, which was totally fine. When we got home, I posted photos highlighting my daughter's big week and how proud it was of her. A few hours later, my mother in law texted me saying, you know we were there too. If your family had been there, he would have thanked them. We don't feel appreciated. I was honestly shocked because the post was about my daughter's accomplishment, not who attended. I already thanked everyone throughout the week in person, so I didn't think a social media shoutout was necessary. I apologized and even offer to add photos of them to the post, but she said no and she just wanted to get it off her chest. It's been a few days, but I'm still really bothered by it. Am I crazy for making the post the way I did? Should I have thanked them publicly? Or is it weird that this became about them instead of My thoughts?
Speaker 1: Is giving?
Speaker 2: Social media makes people so weird?
Speaker 3: People's brains, people's brains in the worst way.
Speaker 1: I'm confused, though, Did I miss something?
Speaker 2: What were you confused?
Speaker 1: Did the girl who Lindsay, who wrote in in the caption, did she say something and like thank people for coming, but didn't thank her in laws?
Speaker 3: No, she just said she was highlighting the big week and that she was proud of her.
Speaker 2: But she didn't I guess include that like.
Speaker 4: Who was there, like oh and her.
Speaker 1: People, and not include them that I could see maybe them being her like if they said like thank you to her aunt Sally and her uncle Ben and her and then uncle Ben and her godmother Susie and her Yeah wow wow, very American, I think, And they left out the in laws, then I could see them being upset and I would change the caption and put them in it. But this is so insane.
Speaker 5: She's saying like, if your parents had come, you would have Yeah.
Speaker 3: She was basically saying, you would have thanked your parents in the post, but you didn't think us for being there, and we don't feel appreciated for our efforts. This sounds really challenging because she sounds challenging.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this so and I.
Speaker 3: Think if you can't stop I don't think you need to say anything like you didn't do anything wrong, and I don't think you need to feel bad about it. But I think if if she's this type of personality and you're feeling like it's sticking with you, maybe you just say, hey, I was thinking about you know, when you reached out to me and about the post, and I just want to say we were so appreciative that you came, and that doesn't go unnoticed. The post was specifically about my daughter and be proud of her, and I wanted that to be the focus, and I wanted to reiterate that we are so grateful that you came and we're a part of it, and then you can move on. Make her feel kind of silly. Yeah, that's what I would do. I'd be like, yo, this is about my eight year old daughter's dance.
Speaker 5: Colp literally my dad in twenty eleven, he came to me and sat me down. He's like, I was on your Facebook page and there's like not a lot of photos of me on there. And I was like, are you serious And he's like yeah, like do you not care about me? And I was like, watch this, this is how little I care about Facebook. I deleted a Facebook in front of him to show like, I'm like, you're making a huge deal about this and it's not the big of a deal. I deleted Facebook until like, I don't know, that's why I reactivated it, and it was like a whole thing. So and I was like, why does it I don't have there's photos of you on there, Like, what do you want? What are you looking for?
Speaker 2: It's crazy, whoa, that's so intense, so.
Speaker 4: Intense, and it's just social media. It's not that big of a big of a deal.
Speaker 2: I know. Well, I don't think you need to feel bad.
Speaker 1: I just think I feel bad for you because I would literally like poot my pants. I would not like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I do.
Speaker 3: I think it's worth like just letting her know it wasn't even about who was there, it was about your daughter, and you are appreciative of them making the effort to come. I think she it seems like what she's really needing is wanting to feel valued and appreciated. So I think if you even sent her a text saying thank you, it will maybe make her feel kind of like, oh maybe I shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Have heard about that.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry that sucked, or.
Speaker 2: Have your husband say something like mom, Jill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's it should be talking about this.
Speaker 5: Here's an anonymous one. I need to take on a situation where a friend, my ex and I both share. Let's call her Emily. My ex broke up with me almost three years ago, and I've since moved on and I'm dating an amazing girl. Earlier this year, I brought my girlfriend to Emily's engagement party. My ex was there too with her new boyfriend, but she still got really emotional seeing me with my girlfriend and ended up crying by the end of the night. A few days ago, Emily told me she wasn't inviting me to her bachelorette because she didn't want my ex to have another breakdown. She said she wanted a drama free day and chose to invite my ex instead. At the time, I tried to be the bigger person. I even offered a plan a second bachelor for the people who weren't invited. But now some time has passed and realizing how hurt I actually am. Emily lived with me after her own breakup, and I was there during one of the hardest times in her life. It feels like she didn't value our friendship enough to even have a conversation with me before making that decision. Now I don't even want to plan the second bachelorette anymore. Am I wrong for letting it go and quietly stepping back from the friendship or should I tell her how I really feel.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're wrong for stepping back from the friendship.
Speaker 2: It seems like she.
Speaker 3: Felt like she had to make a choice, and she chose somebody else, and I think that it sucks, and that's like, I think one of the most hurtful things you can go through is a friend breakup like that. And I also think that it seems like you're a better friend to her than she is to you. Yeah, I think you could have a conversation and just let her know, like, Hey, I I when you first told me, I wanted to just be a good friend to you. But as I've been thinking about it, I realize how hurt I was by that decision that you made without even having a conversation with me first. And I feel like I've been a really good friend to you, and I think I just need to maybe step back from this friendship because it feels like there's a there's a difference in how we approach the friendship.
Speaker 1: I almost feel like it's not even worth your energy to have a conversation. To be honest, she made a decision.
Speaker 2: It sounds like she's probably gonna be invited to the wedding. So she made a decision.
Speaker 1: It's her decision to make. It's not your decision to make. So I say you take that, you clock it, and you move accordingly, moving forward. I think you know, I'm the ripe age of thirty nine now, so I feel wiser and it's just smarter. And it's just like, I can't be ourst. I can't ours. I think it's asked, can't be asked. It's something to say in Love Island, Ukay, I can't be ourst.
Speaker 4: Sounds a good Scottish accent, but you can't be asked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I can't be bothered. Oh type of sentiment is what I think.
Speaker 4: I mean that is that is a thing in the UK can't be arsed.
Speaker 2: And that means I can't be bothered.
Speaker 5: Uh, it means nobody got time for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta be ursed. You just clock it and move on with your life. If you are obviously a good friend. Then somebody is going to be appreciative of that. And you make your decisions when it comes time for your wedding of who you want to be at your bachelorette. I just say, clock it, move.
Speaker 3: Forward, Maybe maybe match her energy. Maybe that's the advice. It's not like you can step away as much as you want. You can have a conversation with you have that.
Speaker 1: Conversation so awkward because then like what then she's just gonna guiltily invite you. Like, no, you don't want that either. Yeah, no, you do not want that. You cannot be ours for that.
Speaker 3: Maybe you move accordingly and you put in the energy that she's putting into the friendship and just kind of it's probably going to eventually just fizzle out. Yeah, Or she might come to you and say, I'm really sorry for the way I handled things, and I wish I could do that differently, and y'all can rebuild, but right now you deserve better as a friend. In my opinion, I agree. I like this husband has a female best friend.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, this is from Sarah.
Speaker 5: I need a reality check because my husband and I cannot agree on this. We recently got married and he has a female best friend he's known since they were kids. No, they've always been really close, and I've always had this gut feeling that she has feelings for him. He's told me over and over that she's just a friend and that I'm reading too much into it. The problem is they still spend a lot of time together one on one. They'll grab dinner, get drinks, or hang out just the two of them. Oh And while I completely respect that they've been friends forever, now that we're married, it just feels different to me. I've never asked him to end the friendship, because I would never want to be that wife, but I have told him about the amount of one on one time they's been together. It makes me uncomfortable. He says nothing has changed because we got just because we got married, and that he shouldn't have to give up a lifelong friendship. I understand his perspective, but I also feel like marriage naturally changes certain boundaries. I'm not asking him to choose between us. I just don't know if it's unreasonable to expect things look different now. Am I being unreasonable or am I just being insecure?
Speaker 1: This is insane to me.
Speaker 2: Should we take a break before we answer, what it ease, We're back. Okay.
Speaker 3: So we have a woman whose husband has a best friend since childhood. They still spend a ton of one on one time.
Speaker 1: Together dinner, drink, dinner vibes.
Speaker 3: And she's brought it up that it makes her uncomfortable, and the husband thinks she's crazy for feeling this way.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 1: Don tell you something, Sarah, Okay, this is absolutely a boundary that he shouldn't be crossing. I think it is so lovely that your husband has friends from childhood. I love that for him. My husband has friends from childhood too. Robbie was mister social in high school. He still talks to like all of his girlfriends from high school. I've met some of his girlfriends from high school, but he would never like maybe if he still like text them every once in a while. They don't get dinner together one on one. They don't get drinks together one on one, like even when we There is a dynamic change when you get married, Like if I'm texting one of Robbie's guy friends, I'm always looping us in a group text with him, his wife, me and my husband, Like we're all four on a chain together, like that's how you move. In my opinion, when you're married, you don't even if they're like a sister to you. To me, it's weird you all three go, or if this person is with someone, all four of you go, like it just feels very I would be not cool with it.
Speaker 2: I think I agree.
Speaker 3: I think it's a just there is a shift when you choose your partner and.
Speaker 2: Get married.
Speaker 3: And I think the problem here is that she's communicating that she's uncomfortable with it, and he's like care does not care about that, and is calling her crazy for even feeling that way.
Speaker 2: I think that's kind.
Speaker 3: Of the bigger issue because I think if he was like, oh my gosh, you know, I didn't even think of it like that from your perspective, But that makes so much sense because if you had a best guy friend from childhood that you were hanging out with all the time, that would maybe make me a little bit uncomfortable. And I think maybe there's a way of saying, I don't want y'all to not be friends, but maybe you're not having one on one dinners and maybe she comes over and we have dinner together. Because I understand she's important to you.
Speaker 1: The only guys I text one on one with are co workers, Like, literally, what are your thoughts? Easton?
Speaker 4: I mean that's just wild. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Like again, I'm in such a secure relationship. But like, and I have friends that are women from like high school and stuff. I would never that that Allison knows and has known for decades now. I would never go get dinner with them one on one. That just feels like drinks drinks. That feels wild. Susie, I don't understand day, Like what, why do you need to do that?
Speaker 4: Like why? I just don't know. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I don't like, do you need like a best friend to talk things through with? Because that's what your wife should be respectfully, Yeah, I think it's off your chest that should be.
Speaker 3: Your wife, Like he is all I have dinner with Susie, She's like what times should we be ready?
Speaker 1: Or like I'm gonna change the locks so when you get back, you better get sorry.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think you're being unreasonable.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're being insecure.
Speaker 3: I do think men and women can be friends, but I think there there is a boundary that you have to set when you are married.
Speaker 2: And that things change.
Speaker 1: You know what's so funny. Nobody's gonna relate to this. I'm just gonna be talking to myself because it happens on Love and it happened on Love Island, UK. But there's this friendship that blossomed on the island between Lorenzo and Ellie.
Speaker 2: Spoiler alert if you're watching, they're not together.
Speaker 1: They're not together, and they like love each other. Ellie decided to leave the villa because her like connection got vhoted off. So she's like, I'm leaving with him, and like she's saying goodbye Lorenzo and they're like hugging and she's crying and they're having this emotional thing and she's like, I never thought that I could like find a friend that's just like strictly platonic. And I was like, they're gonna date at some point? WHOA, yeah, hot take the next year and a half. There, I think Ellie and Lorenzo will date each other.
Speaker 3: Well, it reminds me of that movie People We Meet on Vacation because.
Speaker 2: Vegas hater of that movie. But basically they me and then they're best friends.
Speaker 3: They go onto vacation every year and then they both are in relationships, still doing their yearly in case, I'm like, I loved the movie, but I'm also like that would never fly and really ever fly? And then the girl he was dating, who was she was worried about their connection had every right to be worried.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sleep with one eye open, Sarah.
Speaker 3: I would just say, hey, I want you to be able to.
Speaker 1: Like is she's communicating and she's but.
Speaker 3: I care to say like, I think the bigger issue is that I'm coming to you saying that this bothers me and you're you don't care, can't.
Speaker 1: Be ours for that?
Speaker 3: Just say that yes, this is like not use him, just keep saying he's.
Speaker 1: Not paying attention. Then let's get petty and make a good guy friend and be like, I'm gonna go have dinner with easthan tonight see a babing. Wow.
Speaker 3: Revenge never works well because you don't want to send him off like.
Speaker 1: He's not listening to her. What else is she supposed to do?
Speaker 5: I wonder if Sarah, because she said I don't want to ask him to end the friendship, but I wonder if she'd be okay with the friendship continuing. If they all just spend time together.
Speaker 1: I'm sure she would. I'm sure she would.
Speaker 3: What if the best friend of this man is listening to Taylor Swift's ruin the friendship? You never know what someone's plotting against you.
Speaker 1: My guys is always ruined, you.
Speaker 3: Know, Like, what if the other girl thinks that there's gonna be something there if she just goes.
Speaker 4: If she's listening to Better Than Revenge.
Speaker 3: Sarah, You're not crazy this. He should be able to have friends, but there should be hard lines and boundaries to be respectful to you. And that's that's.
Speaker 1: Should care how you're feeling. You should care.
Speaker 3: About how you feel. That can be ursed for that. Okay, So the question is do we play a game guess who the New Way?
Speaker 2: Or do we do another Dear Bonya, what's your vote?
Speaker 1: I just suck at the game.
Speaker 2: I know it's hard, but maybe today's your day.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're thirty nine now, yeah, okay, okay, we're going to try it this New way and we discussed that you heard discussed at the beginning of the podcast.
Speaker 2: We're always here for the interesting stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know what, we are students of the craft and we also listen to our scrubbers so if you have some issues with how we do things, please let us know, because we will.
Speaker 5: Of course correct should here I'll play the role of Mark the game master.
Speaker 1: Let me get ok and can you get your names from Sam? So she makes them both equally.
Speaker 4: And I have been communicating this she has names ready to go. Okay, let me get my post it note?
Speaker 2: Rock paper scissors?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's so it's rock paper scissors. Shoot? Yeah, okay, rock paper scissor? Shoot? Oh she did rock?
Speaker 3: Ey?
Speaker 2: Did scissors go first or second?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I guess I get to choose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to go second, So you're first. So the rule is we're just going to count. We're going to see who can do Guess there's in the least amount of questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So because we listened and we heard that, it was hard for you all to follow along and play along. So you have no idea. Who's on my head? This is Tanya. Let's go. Am I a man? Yes, I'm a man? Okay? Am I an actor?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Am I a singer? No am I an influencer?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, no question marked influencer. So I'm not an actor, I'm not a singer. I'm not an influencer. Am I an athlete?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not an athlete, so how does peep? Am I NEPO baby?
Speaker 2: No actor?
Speaker 1: Singer? Am I an artist?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Not an artist? Wow? This is am I missing something big here? No movie star? My movie star? Do I know the person on my head?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I know his name? I know me? How do I know me?
Speaker 2: That's not a guess or no question?
Speaker 1: Am I a reality star?
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm?
Speaker 4: I mean no, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No, this is crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm just looking a look aa she just looked at the rectok at you can't look at low.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I swear I didn't I swear okay, because I'm lost as hell. I'm not an actor. I'm not a singer. I'm not an influencer. I'm not an athlete. I'm not an EPO baby. I'm not an artist. I'm not a pop star. And I'm not a reality star. Am I a broadcaster? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Oh?
Speaker 1: News? Am I news broadcaster?
Speaker 4: No? I mean sometimes yeah.
Speaker 1: I want to say no, but I wouldn't give my entertainment broadcaster.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I'm a man, that's right? Am I married?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not. Am I over thirty.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Am I over forty?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Am I over fifty?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Am I over sixty?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I'm in between fifty and sixty. Yes, according to your calculator. Am I currently dating somebody?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 1: No? Is this person a friend of mine?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: This person officiate my wedding? Yeah? Am I Ryan Seacrest?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: First of all, he is reality story. I went back.
Speaker 4: I didn't think reality. Sorry, I thought rally host.
Speaker 1: Oh it's hard.
Speaker 2: I mean, like someone said.
Speaker 1: I just really I didn't give. I didn't. I wasn't given acturrate information.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't reality.
Speaker 3: And I also don't know that you would have gotten faster with that.
Speaker 1: I think I will.
Speaker 4: I think it would thrown you off more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I think.
Speaker 3: I think you would have been going down like Love Island and stuff. So I actually think it saved you some questions. I got twenty three.
Speaker 4: I got twenty two? Did I miss one?
Speaker 3: I was marking every time she asked, well with the last yes, no you did.
Speaker 2: You're not right. We'll give her a helmet. What was it? You got? How many?
Speaker 4: Twenty two?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do twenty two.
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: Good job, Tanya, great job, Tanya.
Speaker 1: All right, it's so cooy. Is he a friend of mine? I know?
Speaker 2: Well, I can't just be like yeah, I have to make it fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, that could turn away and I didn't even mark it down to she's gonna get like two watch I think she'll get under ten.
Speaker 2: Am I a woman? Yes? Am I an actress?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Am I a host?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Am I a singer?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 2: Am I a reality star?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Am I on the Housewives?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 2: Am I on a current reality show?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm gonna say yes. I think that's accurate information. What do you say current in the last couple of months?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I have been on a reality show recently?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, I don't think so in the last few months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Am I alive?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm getting confirmation on the reality show. I'm getting two different answers.
Speaker 4: Sam clarified that there was a It was a no.
Speaker 1: I know, but you can't it's gonna give too much away. But it's currently airing now. Yeah, Sam says, right, right, am I under forty? I'm gonna say no.
Speaker 4: During the birthday game right on forty?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Was I on the Hills?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Am I a podcast host?
Speaker 1: No? Oh? It's annoying.
Speaker 2: Was I on Laguna Beach?
Speaker 3: Yes? Do I have initials? Elsie and my Lord Conrad?
Speaker 1: I have fourteen?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: I said under fifteen, didn't say under fifteen?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: Congratulations hard Yeah, I thought so too. Yeah, how did you go from reality start to the hills?
Speaker 3: Because I was thinking of shows that you would You were instantly like, I'm a reality star, but I was thinking, what if it's y'all went back and forth on the current thing, and so I was like, you said it's airing right now, which I think was the reunion.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming the reboot. Yeah, the reboot.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: I thought it was Kristen Cavalari.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I figured that when you said to a house a podcast, Wow, well Becca one, what else is new?
Speaker 3: Well, let us know if you liked that format, let's not feel like that or he wants to go back to the O G way. Yeah, yeah, yeah, thank you all.
Speaker 2: That's the end of this episode. That is right.
Speaker 1: We love you. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next week.