Speaker 1: We've got some draft drama to cover, and I am talking about the rumors, the rumors that are swirling about the Charlotte Hornets putting their laser beams and locking in on Brandon Miller with the number two pick in the draft house way, I don't know. That's what they do. They make bad decisions after bad decision. It's just what it is.
Speaker 2: I'm not the GM, so I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 1: I'll have lots to say about Miller on our draft show, but I'm pretty pretty convinced that he's gonna go to Charlotte simply because the near consensus number two pick in the draft, Scoot Henderson, is the right pick, and they just simply won't make the easy decision Miller because of his size and shooting forty percent from three, that feels a very badly needed slot for the Hornets. So of course he'll probably tear up his meniscus in game thirty seven and you never will see him again. Uh. That's beside the fact that Mitch Kupcheck that the Hornet GM was in attendance when Miller went off for forty and let's be real, developed a school white boy crush where Brendan Miller was his Brittany Renner. So yeah, Scoot Henderson, who would normally go number one.
Speaker 2: In a lot of other drafts.
Speaker 1: Would go number two if any other team other than the Charlotte Hornets were drafting, will be available for three where that just so happens to be where my hometown Portland Trailblazers will be drafting. They have the number three pick. You would think that getting a guy potentially at least how a great chance of drafting a guy who in many other years would be the consensus number one pick, would be.
Speaker 2: Cause for celebration.
Speaker 1: So why is everyone freaking the fuck out? Just the thought of Scoot in Portland has caused essentially a Basketball Chernobyl style meltdown for all Blazers fans. It is a Sophie's choice over here, where one of the children is Dame and the other child is Scoot. One's gotta die. Do you trade the third pick? Do you take Scoot and gasp.
Speaker 2: Trade Damian Lillard?
Speaker 1: Your woman that you've been with all this time has been loyal to you, the greatest Blazer and Blazer history. Do you take Scoot and try to make can work with Dame? And tell Dame, hey, we promised you to trade this pick and try to make this team a contender. But then Scoot came along and we think he's gonna be the future.
Speaker 2: Dame, We're sorry.
Speaker 1: Is it is it possible that this team pulls at Charlotte Ornets and takes amen? I can't shoot, so I just pray like amen at three and just push this mess aside. Good Lord? Is it stress? It is a lot of stress over here in Portland. I don't know what to make of it. Every day I have a different answer, especially after Scoot worked out on Sunday with the Blazers and by all accounts, lit it the fuck up like it was fourth of July, showing so much athleticism, so much touch. The reports coming out of Portland is that this kid is gonna be a certified star. This kid is going to be a stud, a star. He's eighteen years old, just oozing with athleticism and star quality. And that's coming from Portland. So what does it mean. It means not good things are happening. Probably he measured six to four as well, which is right where you want a modern point guard to be.
Speaker 2: Pre draft measurements had him at.
Speaker 1: Six' to, two which was just like the fucking last, Month. Scoot if he was six to, two he would have been a little too close TO. Cj McCollum for my. Liking six' four feels a little More Like. Ann edwards the first Decision for joe in the front office is to decide whether they keep or they trade. The pick there's about twenty seven other teams behind them that would kill to Have A. Scoot HENDERSON and i think this is probably the most valuable pick at, number Three. Says jordan and who had the number three overall Pick when jordan's Year was.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's right It.
Speaker 1: Was chicago and who had the? Number two oh, that's right It. Was, portland shit question is what do you do if you're going to be trying to trade. THAT pick i am personally partial To making. DAME happy i would like them to Trade For michale bridges.
Speaker 2: And more they love Him.
Speaker 1: In brooklyn they say he's, the future they say, he's untouchable they say a lot, of things but you, know what he doesn't really fit, their timeline. Does he he's on the wrong side of, twenty five and they want guys that are in. THEIR teens i could see a Package With anthony simons and number three and maybe one other pick to Bring in michale and maybe another asset or so to Pair with Dame and grant who they're going, to Resign and Shade.
Speaker 2: And sharp that's a very.
Speaker 1: Improved team that trade helps both teams in. Big ways It gives dame, his Dog as dame, would say which we'll get into in, a bit an elite. RUNNING mate I Think michale bridges could be the next two way wing to do everything on both sides of.
Speaker 2: The Floor and dame fucking.
Speaker 1: Loves them so why not do that and sets the nets up to have the point guard of. The future put them on the side of billboards Outside Of. Barclay stadium win. Win win let's be On A. Scoot henderson sounds Like a, brooklyn net Doesn't He Michale Bridges, brooklyn bridges that also. Sounds good i'm not gonna lie. To you there are other trade scenarios That, work toronto, for EXAMPLE but I like brooklyn.
Speaker 2: THE best i am also very.
Speaker 1: Fascinated with the idea of trading the Pick For, Paul George, Paul George.
Speaker 2: Dame shaden that's a nice that's a. Nice BACKCOURT but i am more.
Speaker 1: Fast by what would Happen if portland decides to go full blown nuclear And. Takes scoot, option one you Rebuild the Blazers around Scoot and shaden and then you get a shitload. Of assets or when You trade Dame And anthony simons might be the quickest path, to, contending honestly because sharps First TEAM all nba Ceiling and scoots ceiling.
Speaker 2: Might be there.
Speaker 1: As well, that backcourt they'll be nineteen and twenty, next year. Next year then you use the plethora of picks to, Build depth you bring in some free agents with the sixty five million that you save Not paying dame each year on. THE payroll i don't like, the THOUGHT but i don't hate the. Thought either, option two You tell dame fucking live. With it you tell them you need to mentor these, young guys and you're gonna have a three headed monster in like twenty four months that will.
Speaker 2: Be damn near and possible.
Speaker 1: To guard by the time you're, Thirty, five dame you're gonna get some defensive help and you could be looking at a championship caliber.
Speaker 2: Quality team let's, be.
Speaker 1: Real Mediocre porter junior will be out the league. By then jokic might have eaten himself out to be Homie From austin powers. Fab bastard can't just, See It, jamal murray who knows he could be Playing for toronto. By Then, so denver let's. Be real they have a very tenuous window on. Their hands THAT'S what i Would Tell. Dame lillard AT least i love Me Some. Dame lillard he's The Greatest blazer i've ever seen in my. Goddamn life and that's considering the FACT that i cut my Teeth On. CLYDE drexler i don't want him, to GO but I think i really Really, Want scoot so we're in.
Speaker 2: A Real pickle.
Speaker 1: Blazer fans that's the problem. With options sometimes you get paralysis. BY analysis i get That when, i'm HUNGRY when i go to a restaurant and the menus too big and there's too many descriptions on what it Is that i'm gonna, be eaten like cuttlefish poached, in butter served with blanched green beans and.
Speaker 2: SLIVERED almonds i don't. Even know someone order.
Speaker 1: For me do we trade the pick or do we? Keep it do your pairs Scoot with dame or do you? Trade them the only THING that i know is that you Can't. Trade shaden that's the only thing we. Can't do my mind is in a tailspin and the ONLY thing i know Is that shaden is. The future all this really builds and it boils down, To That, dame lollard do you want to stay thug it out or do you want to run from? The grind like all your contemporaries that you make, fun of the entire internet scene to be voicing their opinion on this. As WELL even, cj McCollum Former portland trailblazer and One Of damian lillard's, best friend WENT on espn the day before he had a Barbecue With dame willard and watched a fight IN the nba finals, as well and sat up THERE on tv and said he Thought that dame had played his last Game. In portland dame himself went on some showtime fight show and then just decided to spill. The tea said if there was a possibility that he was to, get traded the place.
Speaker 2: That he would want to go out of all the places he's been rumored, to Go.
Speaker 1: Is miami because he Loves bam adebayo and then the, Second place brooklyn because He Loves. Michale BRIDGES if I, AM portland i say, to myself those are the two players that need to Come to. Portland asap he's a, class Act That. Damian lillard he's handling this whole thing pretty. Damn well he's been in trade rumors for like thirty six. Straight months they've been trying to get rid. Of them these fans have been trying to get him to move team since before.
Speaker 2: The pandemic he, Even, said Hey the blazers.
Speaker 1: Have assets if they put a nice team, Around me i'm gonna. Be happy big Crossroads for, Blazer fans big Crossroads, For dames big Crossroads For. Joe cronin will he stay or will? He go that's, the question And even dame himself is dealing with there's no. Clear path there's no, right answer because there's no real certainty that if They trade dame that he goes to a place that's any closer to contending than Where the blazers would Be With Scoot shaden simon's, And him and that is causing all Of us blazer fans to lose sleep over something that is so great that it just might break. Our hearts