Speaker 1: Hey, b FF family, We've got some exciting news.
Speaker 2: That's right if you live in Los Angeles. Honestly, even if you don't live in Los Angeles. We will be live, loud and in color at the Allegian Theater on October eleventh. Ooh girl, what tis seven thirty pm? And we've got some amazing guests with us too, to celebrate National Coming Out Day and my birthday, which is the day before.
Speaker 3: Ooh girl. Note that's right.
Speaker 1: Join me Joehold, Trevelle Anderson chan Chassell, and Xavier de Lo as we celebrate the BFF experience. Head over to Alesiontheater dot com to get your tickets today.
Speaker 3: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three oh seven, Episode four of Dirt Daly's II Guys Say production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America, share consciousness. I'm tired. What are you doing? Like a Stephen Wright bit right now? I'm tired man. I went and saw The walkman and last night in Los Angeles and I was I was upped waiter as your bedtime past my bedtime, Our young our youngest super producers like talking about you know, coming back from an amazing trip clubbing and doing all this stuff. And I'm like, I stayed up two hours past my bedtime and I am destroying. My brain is non functioning. It is Thursday, October fifth, twenty twenty three. Uh huh, you know what that is. Of course I know what it is.
Speaker 4: Miles ten to five, good buddy, or see, I've got the hiccups.
Speaker 3: We'll disclose.
Speaker 4: I got hiccups right now. It's also National Get Funky Day. I don't know what that is, National Rhode Island Dad Day by white people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what's wild? The image is a white woman in afrok I yes, that is exactly what popped into my head when I heard it was National Funky, Get Fucky, Get Funky Day. Put on your afro wigs.
Speaker 4: I'm not I'm not going to do this. Also the Wig Apple Betty Day, So if you like that bait, dude, I'm sorry. Look at this buckery, yes, look at this anyway. So there it is for you folks. It's also please send in your tips on how.
Speaker 3: To heal my mount pickups to day, Yeah, pickup Day. It's National hiccup Day on this on this broadcast National coffin hiccup Day. My name is Jack O'Brien, AKA, who's this piss king that got me sniffing? He's the piss king, Not mister Pfizer did the piss thing to fight off COVID. He's a piss king. Oh oh, that's courtesy Blinky Heck, I'm Marie. One thing underrated song in reference to our piss king Aaron Rodgers who tried to cure his We don't have it on officially on record that he used to piss the urine therapy, but he just looks like he smells like he used urine therapy to try and immunite when he said, yeah, I've been immunized, but had his own method for doing it. Yeah, it's doing pistolbacks. That's right. To be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Gray. Miles Gray and apropos of nothing. I'm bad with money, please man, mo me. I'm broke as fuck now baby, now will you bailed me out? Okay?
Speaker 4: Shout out to was that Rando Dixon art? We just said apropos of nothing. I'm every woman, but just I'm bad with money, so I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Are none of my business. Yeah, yeah, you know it is what it is. Shout out to Rando Dixon art appreciate there, you go appreciate that well, Miles. We are thrilled fortunate to be joined in our third seat by an award winning stand up comedian at tour TV writer you see doing stand up on Fallon and Colbert acting in Super Troopers to please welcome to this show, the very funny Graham Cat.
Speaker 5: Wow, thank you you found you found my old bio before I found up the super Troopers too from it, but thank you for having me on. I appreciate it. Are now you Miles? You sang that song about not being good with money? Is that a PayPal hat you're wearing? Yep, yep, Yeah, Okay, I just wanted to know just I like the PayPal hat.
Speaker 4: It's like, as a podcaster man, you gotta you gotta just sell everything out.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'll wear the hat, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: The blue hat with a white pea on it. Yeah, I wish I did all this actually right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But also a lot of tennis players are like, is that prince like the racket company?
Speaker 3: Oh that makes rackets. It's a it's kind of like a rorshack test. Honestly the hat.
Speaker 7: So for podcasts, it's for you profession podcast because you I need to get we need to get T shirts that we wear these recordings that just say podcast.
Speaker 3: Internet. Yeah, Internet funny jokes. Yes, what's good? Graham? Where are you coming to us from Brooklyn, New York? Didn't already have this conversation?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, No, I'm where I'm come. I'm coming to you from downtown America. That's right, Brooklyn, New York.
Speaker 3: It is. It's a lovely day. You stay dry in the past seven days in Brooklyn, I was in I was doing shows in Canada and it was beautiful there, and then when I landed in New York, it was beautiful and dry, and I just missed it. You just bring that in, you manifest that. That's right climate. Yeah, it's wild.
Speaker 4: Though we were talking about how wasn't it you Jack, You're like, I can't believe that resilient New York is in the sense You're like, one day right back, the clips are like the bus is flooded and people are stranded in the subway, and then the next day swallowed by a whirlpool circle.
Speaker 3: And then you called New Yorkers and they're like, yeah, we're good, We're good. I'm just about to step into the subway. I'll call you when I get off. What the do you mean how? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I will say that all of those things, like all they it's like all those things were real and awful, but it's like each neighborhood had one intersection that's low. Yeah, that's where it rappened, and everywhere else is fine. It's just everyone's uh, gets their cameras out for that part.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just where all the rat piss goes and a rat piss whirlpool and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, and that's there. That's how you get to Narnia. That's right, grossa dive heroine Narnia. Yeah, just an abandoned stop on the A train.
Speaker 4: It's spelled g n A R and Narnia.
Speaker 3: That T shirt we got, We got good T shirts coming out of this. That's good. It's a rat in Narnia to.
Speaker 5: An abandoned subway station where there's a guy down there just eating out of like a trash can. Oh yeah, well.
Speaker 8: That's right.
Speaker 4: Somehow, my boy, I didn't even know that was a job.
Speaker 3: Now play this, play me my favorite song. On the in Narnia. All right, well, Graham, we are very excited to have you on the show, and we're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, a couple of things we're talking about. Miles. Yep, we've been fucking up, man up. We called it too early on the McCarthy thing. We were like, he got by squeaked it out, but he's still the speaker and like as we like hit stop on our recording, the motherfucker he's out. He's out. So we're gonna talk about that and the fun little fellow that he's been replaced by. Yeah, is that a giant chair behind him or is he a child sized human? It's I mean, we've seen many people sit in that chair, but he it's like his overall stature does make it. It feels like that that the photo of the bidens with the carters, Yeah, without the lens distortion.
Speaker 4: It's just like, I don't know, man, I'm pretty sure. And then based on videos I've seen, Yeah, he's he is a short king.
Speaker 3: Peter Jackson used forced perspective to take this photograph for some prison. Yeah, so, and he can he can swing a hammer though man.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's a fucking gabl asshole. All right, ipect the boy can swing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we're gonna talk about that, talk about the conspiracy theories coming together around that emergency alert that we all got yesterday minutes early. Felt like it came a couple of minutes earlier. I got eleven eighteen, two minutes early, two minutes early. But anyways, there were some fun conspiracy theories. We got to check in with the elderly see what they think is happening in the country. Miles, we fucked up again. Yeah, we the big time. Man mean, girls Day was on Tuesday and we didn't even tell the people that it was a girls day. My bad, that's on me, man. Yeah. Anyways, we're gonna talk about all of that plenty more. But first, Graham, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 5: Well, if I skip over all the moms with huge jugs searches thumbnails obviously thumbnail thumbnail, jpeg, jpeg jpeg. Yeah, this one's kind of embarrassing. It was let me look it up here. It's h David Foster Wallace on being entire yourself. Now, that is something that a man of my age would quote who wishes he read more and want and wants to figure out who they are? Would google this is a midlife crisis of a search. Yeah, do you write something good on being yourself? It's just a YouTube video.
Speaker 3: It's a commencement speech, right yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah and it it.
Speaker 5: It's probably the most embarrassing thing I've ever And I'm just alone in my home office being like, how do I know who I am?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, let me watch this guy tell me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this guy who wore a bandana, he was really stuck that ship. Yeah, I mean, does you think he was copying Brett Michaels or was Brett Michaels copying him?
Speaker 3: It's it feels like, ye, did Captain Leue Albano come first? Like we really don't know? He can say, like I I do, like what I wish somebody had asked to Davin Foster Wallace like why maybe they did? Haven't Like does he touch on it in his on being Yourself commencement? Like for instance, look at this fucking thing that I'm wrong and.
Speaker 4: Was like, uh what why?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's whatever. I Devin Foster wall is foremost intellectual of your generation. What the fuck with the bandana?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Great here, but that bandana is not.
Speaker 4: It is accept who you are and be yourself unless you're balding. Cover that up shameful like rock. There's a picture of him in two thousand and six and he's rocking a full full head of hair. Yeah, two years before you passed. So you know I didn't I made Is it entirely aesthetic?
Speaker 3: I don't know. David Foster Wallace fans dial in, let us know about the df to Oh and the lines are lighting up? My lighting up, David Foster Wallace fans who all use land lines. Yeah, I feel like I got. I got into a real David Foster Wallace hole in like my early thirties and like starting to take his books out of the library, tried to read infinite gest Yeah that's what you do, you know, Like I got really dedicated, Like I really tried. I got like a couple of hundred pages in okay to that shit. Like, you know, I don't know that anybody's ever made it that far. I haven't checked the record on how far the furthest anyone ever made it into infinite jest before.
Speaker 5: But a fun thing to do is When someone says they've read David Foster Wallas in an infinite jest, you go especially, you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you think of the ending? Crazy?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: Watch them? Did you think of all the spaceship were crazy? Dude? Wasn't expected, dude. The non fiction was really good though. There the the I think Big Red Sun is his like magazine, like long ass magazine piece on the porn industry. I highly recommend that. Did he read did he write one an essay on on taking a cruise? I think he did? Yeah, like a supposedly fun thing that I'll never do. Yeah, yeah, I remember that too. Yeah that was good. That was good. So we're learning people.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Meanwhile, I'm like, I haven't read a single fucking thing. I had to read his whole damn name. It's too many as any names.
Speaker 5: So anyway, my life's in shambles. Yeah, yeah, I'm kidding.
Speaker 3: What is what something you think is overrated? Cake?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't. I think I've always thought cake is stupid. You're a pimon. It's just bread. I'm a pymon.
Speaker 5: Uh, it's just bread. We have you can eat bread whenever you want. It's bread with uh with with sugar on top.
Speaker 3: M hm. Yeah, I don't pancakes too. Why would you eat a pancake.
Speaker 5: It's not good unless you put butter on it, and like a bunch of other stuff, it's just dry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hard disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion about what flapjacks dry flat. Well, I'm not saying dry flapjacks, but like you, like, I don't.
Speaker 3: Say I hate cereal because you have to put milk on it to make it wet. Like that's you know, it's still dry.
Speaker 4: There's never But here's the thing about a flapjack. There's never an amount of syrup. You put the syrup on and you empty the thing and then if you like, that's enough, and then you talk to your friend, and then you look back and it's dry again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's because it has absorbed it and it's like a slurry. Yeah. It grows like one of those like sponge toy things, like one of those little like dinosaurs. Shrink it in water, Yeah, like a shrinky dank. Sometimes I still I still enjoy it because I sometimes I am eating for sustenance and sometimes I am eating as a means too, like sugar delivery method. I just want as much sugar delivered to my body as possible, as quickly and efficiently as possible, and just drink the syrup. Then yeah, well it's the pancakes. Okay, all right, the pancake down the syrup. Okay, I'm taking notes here, pancakes, Just fucking marry the butter and that ship. Yeah you're good. Wait what's your favorite pie though? Apple rubarb? Oh? Wait? What is?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 4: Does that even taste like? I never even had? Every time I see it in my mind, I'm I guess not for me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's definitely like a you know, probably the amount of if you were divide the divide the races that have eaten rhubarb, it's ninety nine percent white people.
Speaker 4: I assume gotta gotta got it. But what's the flavor bring.
Speaker 3: Me to your white people world?
Speaker 5: I would say, Well, okay, here's the about rubarb is it's gross when you eat it out of the ground, but it's like an onion. When you cook it, it caramelizes and becomes very very sweet. Oh so it's it's like a very it's very sugar dnse uh sweet.
Speaker 3: It's very hard to describe.
Speaker 5: I've only ever sort of eaten it mixed with other things in my form, but it just sort of like it's like it's basically like putting a sweetener in your coffee. It just takes bub Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: So it's like if you want, if you like apple pie, put some rootbarb in there.
Speaker 5: It's like an apple enhancer. You can't put more apple in, but you can put rutbarbin to give it like a pau you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's yeah, it's so good. I wish I could have. When I was a kid, I was like, why can't I just have like a birthday pie.
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: And ever everyone would be like bombed at me, like you know, and we'd have to I'd always come to be so difficult.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh god, damn it, Graham again with the birthday pie.
Speaker 5: Fuck Like you didn't have a lot of friends, kept trying to invite them over for my birthday pie.
Speaker 3: Yeah. How much of the work is being done by the fact that rhubarb is one of the great words in existence? Like is it does it keep getting added to pies just for linguistic effect or is it an actual like great ingredient? Like would it be would it be added that often if if it was just named like I never I never took into account the fact that I might be a sheeple. I'm not saying that, don't Yeah, I think, oh it's very possible. I mean the joker had that line where he was like, never rub another man's rhubarb, And it doesn't make sense at all. But it's just like a fun word to get your mouth around, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm glad my perception of rubarb.
Speaker 5: No, it's a great word. It's got a rube in it. I love calling people a rube. Oh yeah, I'm a I'm a proud rube. I don't know what's going on with anything. I always have a piece of hay sticking on the side of my mouth. And it is your pie holiday, as we were discussing before we started recording, but you do hail from the Great White North. It's my pies holiday.
Speaker 4: It's well thanks your pie, yes, thanks Giving not a bit of a you know, pie event.
Speaker 3: It's a pie party, my friend. But it's like, you know, it's like pumpkin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Well which Canadian ziking? I hope you, I hope you turned it up with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope everyone's having a great Canadian Thanks, thank you so much. It means a lot. Of course, I'll tell people, would you belong for us? Thank you to all of them, to all of them. Mm hmm. What is something you think is underrated? Small phones? Phones are getting bigger and bigger and bigger.
Speaker 5: I have a I have an iPhone Mini thirteen, and I just it's a it's a thirteen. Yeah, but it's tiny. It doesn't hurt my hand. It's tiny. It's I could fit my pocket. Everyone every time they see my phone, they go especially now that I'm dating again, They're like, girls are like, what is that phone?
Speaker 3: Do you have an iPhone five?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 4: I make a decent living. I'm a provider. I like a smaller phone. Normalize a smaller phone. That's all I'm saying it is. I mean, they are getting so big to the point like I even like I like, you know more people like men where like cross by bags or have like a smaller bag.
Speaker 3: Now that carry's because the phone takes up fucking eighty percent of your pocket.
Speaker 4: I'm like at the cross roads too, or that I feel like I'm about to dial it back because it like just makes my it looks so like I already have thick legs, so when I put something in my pockets, it just basically accentuates.
Speaker 3: It in a way. Then, right, just very attractive.
Speaker 5: I'm just I'm just wearing shorts using the regular pockets that comes with wow. Walking around yeah, people go, do you have did you drive here? Do you have do you have a bag somewhere stashed? I'm like, no, this is it. I got everything I need? Yeah, every day carry right here and walking out with with with a tablet slung around my shoulder.
Speaker 4: What's the biggest phone? Did you like have like a bigger foat? Like, what was the biggest you went before? You're like, fuck this all twelve Max? Oh you did twelve Max.
Speaker 3: I'm a twelve Max bitch right now? Oh yeah, yeah, come.
Speaker 4: On, Pojack, I lost it. What happened was is this is my this is this is my story.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 5: I went to the airport, like a five am flight or whatever, exhausted. I'm sitting in the back of an Uber, my twelve Max on on the My black twelve Max is beside me on the on.
Speaker 3: The Uber seat.
Speaker 5: I'm holding up and I'm like, I have like a banana for a little snack. Uber drops me off. I get out, grab the banana. Uber drives off with my phone. I'm holding a banana, left my phone.
Speaker 3: Did you pick up the banana like lift picks up? No?
Speaker 5: And so anyway, so I went to my destination without a phone, and I had to pick up a cheap phone just for like the weekend. And I got and this is like a couple of years ago, and uh, and I picked up an iPhone se an old one and that's like it was an iPhone five model like like bones of the iPhone five with the brain of an eight and and and.
Speaker 3: And I was like I felt like I was flying. I just stopped picking.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh my god, you put in your front pocket. I was like it was like putting a putting, like a tic tac in my pocket. I was like, this is amazing. And I've never gone back. And then I and then I was like when they come out with a mini because and then they came out with it, and then only old men like me, well they have to be exactly my age. Who remember the five you know, remember those there living? Yeah, but you can't be too old where you don't understand cell phones.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. So it's like I remember the fifth iPhone.
Speaker 5: Can anyway, they discontinued it because nobody wants it, and yeh yeah, well, well I feel like I could really take a flip phone again because I feel like that coincided with like where my life beaked in the ots.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think also where my relationships to technology peaked, where it was like, if you need me, you can get here. But otherwise, like I don't need to constantly be reached or constantly be checking in with the giant screen that it's apparently been irradiating my groin for the past Oh for you, Yeah, do you know about that ground? I have heard news of his growing being radio You did notice it when you joined the call and saw eminating. It's like the briefcase and pump from my lap. We good, Jack, Oh yeah, we actually you really bad.
Speaker 8: But he's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Alright, well this has been a pleasure. Let's take a quick break and.
Speaker 8: We'll come back and talk about some news.
Speaker 3: And we're back. We're back, and McCarthy, ah shit, we fucking got it wrong, Miles.
Speaker 4: I mean to come to us, Yeah, I mean to say unrefutable facts. We weren't claiming that it was that we're saying the first vote happened and he's got through. It's because the first motion failed and then they actually got to the real vote and it all took where eight Republicans to side with all the Democrats.
Speaker 3: We're like, we're not saving his ass. Yeah, and then here's a little became a little behind the scenes detail. I don't give a shit about this story at all.
Speaker 8: I did not.
Speaker 3: I was fine getting this one wrong. Who cares. I will be shocked if this ever impacts anything other than introducing me to this fun little gal. I lost seventeen thousand follow dude. This completely humiliated. But like, so anyway, he's out. And apparently the thing that we learned yesterday to is apparently some moderate Republicans I don't even know what that word means anymore.
Speaker 4: Like private racists. Yeah, yeah, quiet, they were. They were calling up Democrats and begging.
Speaker 3: Them to save for Garthy.
Speaker 4: They're like, they said, had a bit of a begging dimension to the requests. So anyway, he's the first to be forced out as speaker, and he nearly took the crown for shortest tenure a speaker. But that title still belongs to a dude that died of consumption in the nineteenth century. So yeah, almost, you almost had it all, Kevin, You almost had it all. But the real fun part now is that with McCarthy out, it cleared the way for like the person to come into Deputies and that is Patrick McHenry from North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Get to meet another little weird, little weirdo.
Speaker 4: This man has not really been in the spotlight much recently, but he's definitely like a behind the scenes guy, especially like a big ally with McCarthy. That's why he was like in line to take over. If you know anything happened his first act as acting Speaker, evicting Nancy Pelosi from her law office that I think he wants for himself because she has like there's like hideaway offices that some members of Congress get to have access to. And he's like, yeah, yeah, you got to do you need to vacate. She's like, I'm in California for Dianne Feinstein's like funeral.
Speaker 3: He's like, yeah, yeah, I'm more on that later, you get it up.
Speaker 4: I went yeah, and it was And also former Majority Leader Stanny Hoyer also had to kick Rocks from his office. And this guy McHenry, he's been a real tough guy about shit ever since he got the gavel. And I just want to play a clip for those of you. I just implore you to try and look up this clip of McHenry gaveling out of the like adjourning the session, because this is some of the most agro fucking gavel bashing I think I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Just just listen Cher to Claire the house and recess subject to the call of the chair.
Speaker 4: Oh shit, yo, did just the fucking form on that one more time?
Speaker 3: Chair?
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, he's like he's it's like a guy who's like flying on drugs, playing a whack a Mole game. Like after it's over, I still fucking get him. It's a very I've never seen like like a cry for help be articulated in a like a bashing of the gavel.
Speaker 3: But here we are. Things are off, things are not where they should be in this man's interior world. It's it's wild. He he looks like mister Peanut is wearing pee wee Herman suit. Oh yeah, I was saying, he's like exactly pee wee Herman's suit, right, or like Leslie Jordan cosplaying as Pee Wee Herman or Tucker Carlson. There is something or yeah, or like a like Martin Short or Steve Wait, who am I thinking of? Uh, Steve Martin pretending to be Martin? Yes, Steve Martin Short, that's actually what it is, I think in the blend of all those. But yeah, he's just a super fucking tough guy. We loved it and he's fucking loving it. He looks like he spent most of his career getting bullied by Dick Cheney. Like he you know, like he just feels like.
Speaker 4: He's gotten teased with every in this weird way kind of becomes sort of starts to look like Dick Cheney.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like Dick Cheney's like, who who Dick Cheney.
Speaker 4: Bullies Like yeah, yeah, yeah, or this might be like Cheney micro, Dick Cheney, Mike Cheney exactly. But now comes the fucking real weird part, which is who the fuck are they going to pick to bring in as speaker? Marjorie Taylor Green a fucking ghost of Stonewall Jackson.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't. We don't fucking know quite yet. But one thing that people are saying over and over is fucking Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: Like there's so many people and I'm been like, I think Donald Trump would be great to become Speaker of the House.
Speaker 3: And no, real can't play basketball. Yeah no, truly, which is.
Speaker 4: Funny because their own their own fucking rules that they put through in January. This is this is actual rule the Republicans have right now in the House. Rule twenty six Temporary step aside of a member of Leadership who is indicted. A member of the Republican Leadership shall step aside if indicted for a film me for which a sentence of two or more years imprisonment may be imposed.
Speaker 3: So wait, who put that in the Republicans so that Trump couldn't.
Speaker 4: Be No, I don't think they ever were even thinking about They're just like, we gotta wrap this up, like we're trying to keep this like if you're we don't want any criminal Democrats or whatever. It's just some dumb shit anyway, It's just a rule, which means that's just like they're opinion. Man, So I think you guys are forgetting it that the Republican Party is the law and order party.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, think about that. Yeah, I've totally totally glossed over that part for sure.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and now so like the there's so much talk of Trump being there.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think the bigger issue is like it's like being speaker is like really procedural, like you'd have to fucking show up all the time, and Yo, that ain't fucking happening.
Speaker 3: So I think the reason I don't give a shit about this story is like I've never felt like an important story was affected by who the speaker was. Am I wrong about that? Well?
Speaker 4: It completely stops the business of the House, right, That's the big fuck up is like they can be like I ain't fuck We're only gonna look at bills that are calling Joe Biden a pirate, you know, fucking demon, pedophile or whatever the fuck it is. So really what this is, it's gonna serve to just cause more dysfunction. And really I think makes like a huge government like a government shutdown even more likely because they honestly there's no they really can't come to a consensus on who it could be, like on the Republican side. So yeah, what it means is that like legislation will grind to a fucking halt, and you know, there are a lot of things that need to still be funded that aren't necessarily like new legislation. But yeah, that's kind of that's where that's where it becomes a real fucking issue for people who might not think it means anything. Yeah, I mean it's appropriate.
Speaker 3: I guess that we just were talking about Speaker of the House and pedophile in the same sentence because talking about Dennis Haster, Dennis hasteror the one person like I guess he just like blended in with the wallpaper a little bit for and he was the Speaker of the House from nineteen ninety nine to two thousand and seven. Yeah, so like that's like when my brain was coming online as like paying attention to politics, and then he just turned out to be like a serial child predator, like a serial child moluster. Yeah. Yeah, yeah. And it's funny too because Nancy Pelosi was even like I even let Denny Hastard keep his office once, like I took the gavel and wow, everyone's like, maybe you shouldn't have done that. Maybe it's not we're totally gonna gloss over who he is. Whatever. Yeah, it's like a fucking it's so funny that it's like a badge of honor for mainstream democrats that like the monsters that they've done business with, Like where Biden's like, this guy was a grand wizard in the KKK. We still have lunch together, and I, God damn it, I still respected the hell out of him. It's like, well, that's fucking bad man, That's not good. Jesus Christ. All right, let's get to some real danger. So Jack, enough of this bullshit. Let's check in with the old Let's check in with our parents generation, my parents' generation, I guess, because quite a few of them have just gone off the you know, Facebook, the meta deep end. And so you may have noticed that your phone started shrieking at you at eleven eighteen to eighteen yesterday depending on which time zone in the US eighteen yeah, yes, for those in Hawaii. But that was the test of the emergency alert system on everyone's phones, conducted by FEMA to ensure that systems continue to be effective means of warning the public about emergencies, particularly those on the national level. So you you mean the globalists? Yeah, thank you. Yeah. First of all, how is this not a plot point in an Oceans movie? Like, I feel like this is going to be like, because they tell you when it's going to be ahead of time. I'm wondering if that's why they threw it off by like a couple of minutes because Danny Ocean and his gang we're planning something. But yeah, like you you use the National test where mobile phones are momentarily down to like I don't know, Rob the Haig or some shit. I don't know what they do in those movies bring George Bush to the Hague. Yeah, but a story involving the combination of both FEMA and cell phones has obviously inspired a number of conspiracy theories online, suggesting that the alert will trigger microchips and vaccinated people, leading to the Great Replacement. And they've taken that and turned it into and that means they're gonna turn you into zombies, and therefore you should wrap your phone in aluminum foil and place it in the microwave for the day. One QAnon follower even posted that the alert will will activate the Marlburg virus and people who have been vaccinated and sadly turned them that quote, sadly turned some of them into zombies, a thing that the faue sadness.
Speaker 4: Yeah, unfortunately, you will be zombies and some other way, I will not have as itate to put one through your dome when you become a zombie, because I'm gonna protect my family and my you know, my Franklin mint eggs that I have here. But like, the thing is, like you've seen so many I've seen so many like anecdotal posts and people being like yo, like whether it's people showing text messages. Someone on Reddit posted like how their landlord is like we're turning off the power during like the time of the FEMA tests. So find a place to be for that. Stay away from your cell phones because this could be a potentially catastrophic event for everybody.
Speaker 3: And lords and parents, yeah are two coolest and most trustworthy categories of people, right.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean this is how, this is how Joe Biden's gonna Joe Biden's attacking the whole population. Yeah, I I have I have a different experience with my parents because I'm Canadian, so I have my parents are like they see those memes or whatever, those like screen grabs of older people in America or whomever, landlords, and they're like, you need to leave America now, right, They who already exists control your housing and your power. Get out of there.
Speaker 3: No, but it's the real ones. Yeah, God, you could become a zombie. You know how happy those people would be if, like, even one person who got the vaccine turned into a zombie. They it would be the greatest day of forty percent of the United States' life. Oh yeah, yeah. Pretending that they would be sad is the funniest part of this.
Speaker 5: I don't think one person, one person who's vaccinated has a stroke, yeah, you know, and then just news helicopters will just send Bright Bart helicopters or probably a bus will just send and they'll be like, oh, this person turned to a zombie, and they're like, I just need to someone to take me to a hospital.
Speaker 4: In the first half hour, but all the power was off.
Speaker 3: It can even viile anything. My price for help went unheard. My phone was in the microwave. Yeah, but some of these quotes, my mom just told me in a panic that on October fourth, Joe Biden will use cell phones to attack the whole population of the United States. Something about a frequency that can harm and kill. This is the thing I really don't like. Even if you go to school enough, you kind of learn what's possible for the most part technologically, like on some level, like it's wild, like a level of ignorance and like hope to like sort I guess you know, a way to just the cognitive dissonance all coming together to be like, yeah, it's gonna we're taking leafs and bounds technologically here where now like a liquid injection has microchips that will be activated by a cell phone and then that in turn will turn you into a zombie because we've seen that technology be used before. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 4: I'd sooner believe like I feel like obviously the entry point is something like a vaccine, something happened physically to someone after they had a reaction, versus like going just eons ahead and be like and then they will become mindless zombies that we will have to wage war against.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, it's always badly. Yeah, it's really wild. How how quickly some of their worldviews just crumbled with the advent of Facebook.
Speaker 5: Do you guys think that I've wondered this and I don't know what the answer is that in ten years when that generation, when a lot of them pass, will they be replaced with a newer generation of confused people who because that generation will be having to be more in tuned to technology, but this will believe it, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like GENOS is like getting pretty cranky and mis guys. Yeah, like I don't know, I hope not. Like it doesn't make sense that they would, right like they It does seem like this was a generation that was acutely ill prepared, Like just in talking to my parents about technology from the start, it's been right not you know, it's not it's not the easiest learning curve at a certain point, so.
Speaker 4: Right, which I wonder if that makes it like even easier for Gen X or like other younger generations to sort of fall victim to it because in our minds, you're like, dude, I fucking know, I get got by no bullshit, like I e my fucking grandma and then cut to it's like fuck it, man, they're out of foil at the fucking store. So I bought a bunch of Hershey kisses to wrap my phone in, you know, just.
Speaker 3: Die of diabetes. Yeah, I have to eat them. But it's just such a waste too. It's yeah, because the kids will keep getting more and more sophisticated. Like I feel like as long as our you know system is an exploitative version of capitalism, like the young people who are who understand the technology better than the older people, like they will continue to be smarter by a significant gap than the people who are retirement age, and therefore will probably continue unless like things change and we have a less exploitive version of techno capitalism, Like yeah, that's what We're probably just headed for a continuous loop of confused old people. But like, I don't know, it's just it's wild, Like what must it be doing to generations of kids and young adults to see their parents and grandparents just fully melting Just well, it's the same way, but you see this going the other direction to where grandparents write these fake Facebook posts and like I've lost my sweet granddaughter to the woke mind virus, right yeah, Like it's everyone's just saying goodbye in every direction. But I think the thing we need.
Speaker 4: Is like more YouTube pranksters to like do the FEMA alert zombie prank, like in a like an old like go to the villages in Florida and just like saying like only they get it, and they're like they're like, fuck, just I need to see I just need to see their world come to life and just see how they're gonna respond to that. Although that person may get attacked because they're so ready for it, I don't know. I don't know they will be shot in the head. Are you gonna do that?
Speaker 3: Within one second?
Speaker 5: A man's gonna come out with like a double barrel shotgun and be like.
Speaker 3: I was prepared. Yeah, it's happening. It's happening. I knew. I read bright Bart for a reason, Capell, you know, I just I do feel like when you take a step back, just like for some reason, I like, I think cause I'm tired. I was like reading these in a weird mindset, like these quotes in a weird mindset, and I was just like, this is really such a humiliating thing to have happened to your entire generation. It's like a skinner box like set to humiliation. Like it's just like, you will spend your the time when you're supposed to be like the gray eminence of your society, you will spend that time being so badly and easily tricked by the dumbest shit ever repeatedly.
Speaker 10: It's just like, yeah, it sucks, man, It's I don't know, like has that happened before, maybe like in history, but it has to do a weird thing where even if like gen X isn't so easily and badly and stupidly tricked, I feel.
Speaker 3: Like we'll be ready for that. We'll just be like, yeah, well, I can't trust people over the age of sixty at a certain point, so.
Speaker 5: We'll just get for gen X. We'll just get the remaining band member, like the remaining the surviving members of the Pixies, to just do a p s A. Right, Zombies aren't real, Yeah, you know they're.
Speaker 3: Like okay, okay, all right, Yeah, we'll take away your doc Martin's if you say zombies are real. No, okay, sorry, sorry, I don't know. And that all that being said, this generation is still in control of like most Fortune five hundred companies and the United States. Yeah, I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. The Yeah, they're fighting each other over it. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back and talk. Me and girls. We'll be right back, and we're back. I hate to have to keep saying this, but guys, we fucked up. It's their duty to tell you that's on the world. All right, Miles and I fucked up. You can take take a knee for this one. It's our duty to tell you what is happening in the world of ideas and with your fellow humans. And we did not even mention that it was apparently on the third, on Tuesday of this week, it was mean Girl's Day. Yeah, we have to acknowledge when we failed and we fucked you here big time. I apologize. All I can do is try and be better going forward and catch next time it's mean Girl's Day. Because this is you guys missed out. You weren't ready when somebody at work was like, hey, did you see that, It's like mean Girl's Day or something, and you said what what? And then you're the and it's it's on us. It's on us. I feel like Don Zimmer after that fight that he had the Yankees. What do you say, I'm.
Speaker 4: Embarrassed, I'm embarsed. I'm sorry. That's what I feel like people should. Let us say I'm embarrassed through tears like that's exactly. Yes, That's how I feel like forty percent of the time. So just make it acceptable to say I'm embarrassed weeping. Wait, so it's mean Girl's Day because that date, October third was like referenced in the movie.
Speaker 3: In the movie, Yeah, okay, shit, what is wrong with us? It's Yeah, there's a scene in the movie where Lindsay Lohan says, on October third, he asked me what day it was, And people are like sick, this is we need something to distract us. Yeah. I saw a headline on the Internet that was like, Mariah Carey is gifting us with the holiday tour and we're here for it. I was just like, God, damn it, Like what the fuck? What is right with Yeah? We're just like, thank you, Mariah, Please please keep the the headlines coming. I'm here for it. We are here for it. I'm here for this content.
Speaker 4: Really, she is gifting you something that you're going to pay like thousands of dollars to partake in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she can. Here's a gift of an ad. Maybe the alert did activate the mad.
Speaker 4: Thank you Mariah, Mariah, I are we are here for it.
Speaker 3: We're here for it. Every zombie now. Yeah. But so, to celebrate this, paramount launched a Mean Girl's TikTok account posted the entire movie for free, broken up into twenty three clips because who says cinema is dead? Yeah, right, is the way it was intended to be seen by the filmmakers vertical video, broken up over twenty three clips on vertical video, so you can only see one character at a time, even group shot right right right.
Speaker 4: But it's just like so cynical because you're like, oh, nice, triassholes, your break. You're putting the movie on fucking TikTok essentially, but trying to.
Speaker 3: I don't know, is it the whole movie? We broke it up into twenty three different videos, so then they make a kind of they make ad revenue off of that, and that it's a type of ad revenue they don't have to share with the creators. So where's Lohan's cut? Thank you?
Speaker 4: That's all I'm worried about, you know, where? Like, what's her what is she taking home after this?
Speaker 3: Nothing? Just Herbie the Love buggy residuals? Yeah yeah right, yeah? Oh was it fully loaded? What was it called Herbie? Herbie fully loaded? Herbie the Love Bug? I think, I think yeah, Herbie fully loaded? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm I'm not caught. I'm not caught.
Speaker 4: Up.
Speaker 3: I'm not brushed up on my hurt. The cannon on.
Speaker 4: The Herbie verse, well you brought it up, man, so it's I know, what did you think of the thing?
Speaker 3: The alien?
Speaker 8: Uh? The ending?
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 9: Chill vibes and I was here for it, and I was here for it. Weird ending where it like turns it. It turns out it's like a time loop where it just like the last scene actually feeds into the first scene and it's this infinite loop of Herbie's full of being fully loaded.
Speaker 3: I think you were just watching the TikTok on the loop. Oh shit just started over. But this seems to be something that media companies are doing more. In August, two Peacock shows premiered on TikTok, prompting a WGA strike Captain to be like, are we like accounting for whole episodes of TV being uploaded on TikTok and Twitter and our contracts now right? And I don't think they are, but they're like, you forced our hand. Now we're just going to dump things in the street because that's the only way that we can avoid paying you anything. Jesus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, keep your keep your eyes on your TikTok you might maybe you can watch like a new film or something and in a way that no one asked for.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's like I know, like this is good. This is gonna be a thing.
Speaker 4: Like inevitably, as the industry is trying to figure out, they're like, well, we got to pay them more, but we gotta we gotta make line go up on Wall Street. Yeah, where like where are we going to find new pockets for this kind of ship? And this is like so cynical, like just putting a whole fucking movie on TikTok, Like it does feel pretty like a like an act of violence to the people involved in the film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well Graham, Uh, it's been such a pleasure having you. Yeah, daily's like ice. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 5: You can follow me on Instagram at that's how you do it.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm yeah just just yeah, just slow down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're gonna hit the shifty on your keyboard now look for the two.
Speaker 5: And if you have a small phone, you will not find that button. There's not enough space. Yeah, it's at mister Graham k m R. Then Graham is spelled like the cracker.
Speaker 3: And then k a y.
Speaker 5: I have to spell it out because there are no Grahams in America. Ten out of ten times in America when I tell someone my name is Graham, they go like.
Speaker 11: Gurg is it gg what Ham Ham named Ham in America?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Anyway, so it's Graham K. Mister at mister Graham on Instagram. I have a off Broadway solo show, which Pace magazine gave a nine point one.
Speaker 3: Out of ten.
Speaker 5: I assume it's out of ten, not out of one hundred out A nine point one nine point one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get it, and.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, it's it's Oproadway at the under Saint Mark's Theater. If you live in the New York area October fifth and seventh and twelfth and thirteenth and fourteenth, you can get tickets at grahamk dot com. Also, if you don't live in the New York area, I have a comedy special. I have the poster hung on the knobs of my arm war behind me. It's called Graham K Live in a Bowling Alley And that's on YouTube. And you're gonna want to go to ww dot shift key uh ram YouTube no YouTube anyway, you get it? Bye, thank you, thank.
Speaker 3: You, Is there workimedia you've been enjoying? Pardon me? Is there work media you've been enjoying? Work amedia?
Speaker 4: Yeah, workmedia, work media, social media.
Speaker 3: We work media, work of media, A work of media, My good sir, Oh sorry I had naneurism there. Yeah, really unclearly, jeez, work.
Speaker 5: In media that I mean, I I mean, I I've there are a bunch of friends work that I'm I'm really impressed with. I'm really happy to know them. My buddy Django Gold has a really funny comedy, especially if you put out on YouTube. He's a writer, a former writer on The Onion, former writer on Colbert.
Speaker 3: Really smart, weird guy, great joke writer. Yeah yeah, big fan.
Speaker 8: He uh.
Speaker 3: Jango was on this podcast, this very podcast. Not too makes sense And well all right, thanks man. Miles. Where can people find you? What's the work media you've been enjoying? Twitter?
Speaker 4: Instagram, shift to Miles of Gray wherever they got the shift to symbols at also find us on our basketball podcast. Miles and Jack got mad boosties this week. Wait, we're going through all the fucking wild shit that happened between episodes Game Going to the Bucks and Jimmy Butler a Media Day. It was such a good one. Also, The Good Thief is obviously the true crime show. And if you like ninety Day Fiance, catch me on for twenty Day Fiance. Some tweets I like, it's just this one is from at gary Wida and just like so there's like the cameras are all over this Trump trial and someone took the picture of the back of Trump's head and scary Witta Gary Witte juxtaposed that with the same in Star Wars where Darth Vader's having his helmet put on and you're like, look at the back of those heads looks and.
Speaker 3: His head is cleaved in half a little bit.
Speaker 4: Well it's because he's got the because he's got nothing up top, So you know what I mean, Like so back there, you know, that's you see, baby.
Speaker 3: A picture of his dad's head. It's very weird. It's misshapen. Yeah, it's not a good head. Fred Trump is hold not a great head.
Speaker 4: That's not a good head because of his dad. He's got like Homer's head. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, it's very strange head.
Speaker 3: All right. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. That is shift to Jack and then underscore is shift shift yeah yeah, shift minus sign Yeah. O'Brien, I'm so I'm so sorry I started that. We love we love, we love it it, folks. There's a cool video Trunk Fam shared on on Oh My Boy of yeah John. Is that you know him? Yeah? Yeah, you do? You do? Yeah. The dude does the like camera work for or the winning time and the way he's able to get all these like smooth tracking shots like going through around the court is he's fucking just nasty on roller blades. So he's like rolling around with a fucking steady cam and swooping around on roller blades, which.
Speaker 4: He turned rollerblading into like a six cinematography career, which is like unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because last time I was talking, we talk about doing soul grinds, you know.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then Riley at Good Post Riley tweeted gritting my teeth as a woman shows me a meme on her phone, Snoopy wouldn't do that. That's not real, Jesus crazy. Then you can find us on Twitter at daily Zekeeist. We're at the Daily Zike guyst on Instagram. We have Facebook fan page and a website. Daily zeikeuys dot com, where we post our episodes and our footnote. We were off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. Well, the song that we think you might enjoy, Miles, what's a song you think people might enjoy it?
Speaker 4: This is a group called Divine Angel, which is like this collaboration between two artists, the Yoruba British artist Mova of Earth and then an assante British artist named Angel Seca, and together they are Divine Angel.
Speaker 3: But really they are.
Speaker 4: Making like just really like this new fucking version of like afro.
Speaker 3: Punk jazz kind of shit.
Speaker 4: This is a track called Obiri but it's spelled O b I n r i n and it is the remix by isco is Zco and it's just like a really fucking dope track, like from their vocals to the rhythms and if you like the words afro punk futuristic, then put plug this into your brain.
Speaker 3: Now sounds like a way that you might misunderstand my name Wow Obiri, yeah, ober yeah Jack Jack obi Urbia Yeah. Anyways, we will look off to that in the footnotes. Daily Zeige is a production of Iyheart Radio for more podcasts for my Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to y'all then Bye,