Speaker 1: The information provided on this podcast is uninformed and unreviewed. Good Science does not do any research about any of the topics discussed and assumes no responsibility for errors or omission. That's good Science. Hello, how do you do? And googy goo? Welcome to Good Science the Health and Human Services podcasts hosted by Yours Truly Robert F. Kennedy Junior. Today is an exciting one. We've got a high octane, high activity episode. We're going to be doing calisthenics today live. If Kyle and I are gonna work out, we're gonna do all our activity. We're gonna get our limbic systems going. But not just that, we're going remote. We're gonna find a really high mountainous area somewhere where we both live, and we're gonna live stream a ten mile hike. And when we're done with Peth, hold on, Kyle, I'm almost through. Kyle. Hold on, everybody, let me introduce to you really quickly. The one and only. He's a funny guy. He's so he's always peppy, filled with energy. Yeah, dude, and all that. It's Kyle Quim. Oh my god, Kyle, why aren't you in your workout gear? I woke up with a with a terrible cold. Bobby, you look like you look like you're co was playing your grandmother, Kyle, My grandma, bless her. Man. She's fucking taking care of me, Bobby, But I really am. I'm not feeling good, man. I just I woke up. I don't know if I can go today. Man. Oh, Kyle, what are you talking about? We have a whole episode with dynamic remotes, different activities, each one more high octane than the next. All right, you're fucking that's too hold on, Oh shit, one hundred and three point five. I don't I don't think I could have one hundred and three point five temperature. I don't think I could. I don't think I could do it, Bobby. I gotta tell you, man, I woke up. I having stuffy like I give me your symptoms. I have a cough stuff. You knows. I got a fever, I got the chills. I'm not doing well, Bobby. I just I don't know what's going on. I tried to take what you I tried to take some Did you take the nettlelu? Yeah? No cold and flu? Kyle? What are you doing? You've gotta take boiled nettle root boiled. Go out and find a nettle and then dig into the ground and pull out its root. I'm not going outside, you maniac. I feel like shit. I have a cold. God damn, what a pussy You know something, Kyle, I think we're gonna have to change today's episode and we're gonna have to make it about the common cold? Something that what is? What is the common cold? What the fuck even is it? Because I just wake up I feel sick? Is and why is it called common? Why are my I'm not necessarily cold? I had the chills, but what was that to do with being freezing? Well? Kyle, Actually, the history of the cold is quite interesting. For a long time, people thought that the reason you catch a cold is that you got cold or more commonly known as rhinoviruses coronaviruses. These are the types of viruses that cause what we call a cold. A cold simply got its name because you tended to get them in the winter. Why is it common? And why why are we cold? Well? The common cold? Actually, it's history, it's etymology is you might know it is that the cold was? Do you need me to wait for you while you're fucking coughing, Bobby, I'm sick. I'm sorry, I don't have Cheryl always tells me this that I don't actually have a great bedside manner. I mean, you're a doctor, you should have bedside manner. Well, I'm not a doctor, Kyle, but I do have the ability legally to dispense men medical advice because of my position and the tromp. Are you able to write a prescription? Actually, due to my position is the head of health in Human Services, I am able to write a prescription using a prescription pad that was provided to me by a federal government. This pad allows me to write various medical recommendations, from suggesting that you go to a dermatologist to writing myself a prescription for percocets. If I'm feeling down and it fits in someone's underwear, my prescription pad. You're thinking of a maxipad, Kyle, which is I'm thinking of? It could be minimum, it could be like mini, doesn't have to be huge. Even a mini pad is called a maxipad, Kyle. So even if you have a small pad in your underwear to absorb vaginal discharge or urine, it would still what it's for. That's the main use of metal. Well, the maxipad primarily is used to absorb discharge during a woman's period, but often can be used to absorb pee since women have a tendency to eject urine from themselves like a pcr when they're giggling. Yes, exactly, women make a giggle and they make a little peepee afterwards like a turtle. Can you show me what that sounds like? Sure, a woman might go and then and what's that second part? That's the little piss they make after they laugh. Right, You ever see a woman get really happy and she's laughing and then she crosses both their hands in a sort of position like this over their agile region. That's a performative act to say, I'm about to make a peepye because this is so funny. Okay, so people who have colds, are they actually cold? Well, no, catching a cold meant that you got a disease during a colder month, the theory being initially that that the kyle God, damn it, I'm trying to explain this the that the cold was what transmitted a disease more and more effectively. But actually it had to do with proximity during the winter months because people would be inside and around around rats. Oh, just around each other, Kyle, just around each other. And it doesn't need to be any rats. What does that have to do with the plague, Kyle. We've already dispelled this myth that only actually ten people got the bubonic plague? And how come so many people died? Why did so many people die from the bubonic plague? Was that some sort of mystery, No, it's a mystery, Kyle. They just happened to die at the same time. Was a kuink eating? Yes, it's the technical. For instance, let's say you had someone you knew who died on September eleventh, two thousand and one, your favorite date. Yes, I love it more than anything. And let's say that they fell down the stairs an owl attacked them, And let's say an owl was stuck in their attic. And let's say someone's mouthy wife I didn't know how to shut up and keep to herself, just happened to be at the top of the stairs of her attic, and an owl flew in through a window, and the woman the wife, Kyle, the wife, the woman of the gentleman who's prow sing online for gay sex, and she finds his website and so then they have a fitful argument by the pool. But then she goes into the house and goes upstairs and then an owl comes in. An owl? Ok? What a owl? An owl? Goddamn, but an owl. Anyway, so she dies and it's on September eleventh. But she didn't die from that. That's like the Staircase. Have you watched the Staircase? Never seen it? No? Idea durst? Oh, I love Robert He's a great I love that. I love what's that band he's in? Uh three eleven? I think? Yeah, man, I love Yeah, you know my favorite is BTK. Do you want to know why some sort of British band? Or is that like Kate? Oh, he's a serial killer, bind them, torture them, kill them. That it stood stands for yeah, but he's like that. What else is like? What does a C d C stand for? It's an add cock d dick cocked cock dick cock. Yeah, so every band stands for something? Yeah, yeah, r E M rotate emotional mopads. Okay, what about E l O uh elegant labia opening? All right? What about n sync Uh? It's uh in the kitchen sink, right, Okay, dishes say that they don't mention that kind of stuff, but this is kind of the Hollywood pedophile stuff that that's just the Hollywood pedophile stuff you were talking about. They hide little messages like the Beatles did in In in a Revolver, Yeah revolve when they were like, uh, you play it backwards supposedly, Yeah, a message, right, yeah, if you play it backwards. You Hitler speech at the Nuremberg trial, Yeah, yeah, yeah. But they remember when after the war the Hitler went on trial, they were like, he committed suicide and they're like, no, no, no, he didn't. And it was just a guy who looked like Hitler. The guy who killed himself looked like Hitler. But the guy on trial was actually Hitler, and he gave and then the judge and they said, okay, let's bring Hitler up on the stand. And he was going by a different name at that point, wasn't he Yeah, Tittler, Jason Tittler, Jason Tittler. But nobody saw. Everyone saw through it because he looked just like Hitler, you know, and if you yelled Hitler, hey Hitler, he would turn turn around. Media, he turned around. You got you got to practice only turning around with Titler right, and so they they go, you, sir, the freezing and heat. The prosecutor says, you, sir, you are Hitler and and and you shouldn't be allowed to speak because you have that magic mouth that can make people kill Jews. Now, did Hitler ever have a cold? Because he seemed infallible? That's fucking weird. Why is that Wow secretly a Jew? H No, if he was secretly a Jew, he'd have a cold all the time. Everyone knows that Jews gets sicker almost forty more. Well, some believe the Jews have something called a Nebbish DNA, and so then DNA it's n DNA, not mr NA. It's n DNA, which is Nebbish DNA, and it makes the Jews. DNA is weaker. The bonds break apart faster. Cold atoms can get in there and dish cold atom. A cold Adam is a sequel to Black Adam, the huge hit. That's that's crazy. Everyone saw. Everyone rushed to the theater to see Black Adam and wait till they hold cold at him. Has even better this time. The rock is fucking freezing the whole time. That's so crazy. Damn yeh.
Speaker 2: Yeh.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know this, but I just auditioned for a rock movie. Oh you did? Yeah? Well, you know I've been on tour and maybe this is where i got fucking sick man, because I've been on tour with Tom and uh Theo, Tom Segura the recent divorce A yes, yeah, and I mean he's been Leo life ever since that yeah, tales introducing him to a lot of hot women. Yeah, me and Theo. I mean we did like some tour and we were around a lot of people. I gotta say, So what tour? It was a tour of ice facilities. Whoa wait a minute, ice facility? Wait to tell we were making the uh officers, the ice officers try to laugh, to give them a little break from how hard it's been. Like a USO tour. It's like a USO tour, but a U s Iice tour kind of okay, you know, tell us ice, us ice. So it's us ICE tour, Yes, us ICE tour, you seiice tour. And we would try to make try to give these guys a little bit of a break because it's so hard, assaulting and hurting, breaking apart, families. I mean, think about it. Imagine that happened to you. So we try to, okay, get it together and anyway, Oh my throat, it just feels like a fucking cave of knives. Have you broken up some glass and mixed it with salt and put it in your throat? I didn't do that. No, I'm not why. That's crazy. That seems like the opposite of what I need to do. No. No, That's the whole thing about cures, Kyle, is that the best cures are always the ones that seemed the craziest. So, like you have a fever, right never goes well. You should cool yourself. You should set it and douse yourself in kerosene and light yourself on fucking fire. So okay, what if I have aids? If you why if you have aids, what you should do is find a find your local glory hole, right wherever your local sucker I know where this is going. Okay, what about chickencows? That's not a thing anymore, is it. You know you're gonna be like this guy's he's like a broken record. Find your local suckhole and everything goes back to the glory hole, is what you're saying. Yeah, yeah, you're saying that we should all just like a second, take your time, Kyle. What are you taking there, Kyle? Supplement with these vitamins or something? Uh, it looks like I thought that was like Arizona iceed tea. They're like gummies. You know, have you heard about Arizona iced tea cubes? No? Is that it's Arizona iced tea, but in a gummy? Why would I take that? Oh, the refreshing imagine mixing the refreshing taste of Arizona iced tea with the bitter fake lemon tinge with your own slide. Well you know what we did. I did hear that Arizona ice tea is actually collabing. They're actually teaming up with Ice.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure you're to supply all the ice officers with some refreshing drinks. Is that true? Yeah? It is because when you think about it, Kyle, you know how hard it is when every day you have to break apart of family. You have to break apart of family, or you've got to ram. Uh, you gotta ram some you know woman with your mini van, some annoying woman trying to annoying trying to help people, and and so you've gotta, yeah, help people, and so what you've got to do is rammer with your mini van and then later say that she was a threat. Is that the most efficient way to kill an innocent person is with ramming them with a minivan? Well, there's actually it's funny you say. There was an automotive study done by Triple A in two thousand and nine that said that the most effective way to eliminate a publicly annoying helping hand is with a Dodge Mini Star. Why is that? Well, the bumper construction, Kyle, the bumper construction is just at the right hit right, the bumper construction is just at the right height. I would love to see somebody get hit by a Dodge. I mean that's funny. Well you can. You can go online and see it right now, or go to any city where Ice is currently located. Okay, so yeah, let's talk about it. Why did Arizona? Is it just because the name Arizona, Iced tea and ice they go together hand in hand. That's it. It's the laziest possible connection we could make, and we did it, which is Arizon. So okay, So Arizona Ice. He and ice are combining forces here. So what are their new flavors? Yeah, there is uh, so there's uh. This is a really delicious one. It's a wild blue Raspberry Child separation. Now what's that? Okay, so that's the taste. So this is a new company that's been working on. How do we remember Willy Wonka where they said they could do the emotions Timothy Salome, Yeah, with the great Timid. Everyone remembers the most memorable Willy Wonka, and it was with Timothy Shallowy, a trained rat that knows how to act like a human. Now he is a rat, right he is? Yes, yes, rat? Is that true? He's one hundred percent rat. So they just shaved him down. They shave him every day and they train him how to speak and uh and and behave like a human by dangling a very small treat just off camera. Okay, all right, so he's Willie Wonka. What does have toy? So that we can now imbue sodas with emotional feelings. We can put a flavor in a drink that makes you feel a feeling. So Wild Blue Raspberry Child Separation gives you that powerful tangy burst of a blue raspberry that ice cold sweet. What's this other one I'm hearing about? Electric fence? What is that electric? Arizona's Tea electric fence? Electric fence is interesting. You know how in the Guinness in a Guinness can, they have a nitrogen cap so that when you open the can, it im it injects the the nitrogen into the Guinness, so that makes it Guinness.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 1: Well, the same thing here, except it's a small charged electrical current that's activated when you open the can, electrocuting you while getting a refreshment. That's crazy. Well, God bless arizona Sed Tea for supporting that's unbelievable. Well, and then there's also have you I don't know if you've had a shot in the neck nectarine, which is really that's quite a shot in the nectarene. Shot in the nectarine. Yeah, and what's shot in the nectreene? It's a tribute to none other than the great Charlie Kirk. He was he was really just something else. And the best thing about the drink is you don't drink it from the top. You actually poke a hole about one third of the way down and it comes spilling out. That's crazy. Yeah, okay, so what am I supposed to do? I have a cold? All right, well Kyle, So first off, I just need to ask you. Did you tour the children's portion of the ice detention? And of course, well there we go, Kyle. Children are the source of most disease. They're super spreaders. Like if you go to a pre school, yes, oh, I go to preschool. If you go, let's say linger in a preschool. You linger in a midical middle Oh no, uh huh? Did you just vomit? It was just that lamb is coming up like crazy? What color is your flam Let's go through the checklist. It's like a greenish brown yellow. Oh, you have a dose that you have all three colors of flem Kyle, it's unprecedented. That's like the perfect storm. That's like in uh, it's like in a Twister where they never h Why did you just say perfect storm? I'm that's also a movie. I know you would have just set up perfect storm. Why go all the way to twister. It's like twister meets perfect storm, which is the ultimate twistiest storm or a perfect twister. What does it say about me that I have three fucking colors? You've got a viral infection, You've got a bacterial infection, and you have a little bit of a stuff infection. You have a staff infection. Yeah, you have all three. That's crazy. So you got this now most people say, oh, a cold. Now here's some things we do know that the coronavirus and rhinovirus in the winter months, the virus's shell is sturdier, so it is stronger. Also, air is drier. Well, I would think a rhinos shell is sturdy. This is a rhinovirus, which is a totally different thing. A rhinovirus is a spiky virus. Rhinos have spikes, right, But that's why it's called a rhinovirus. It's not a rhinoceros or rhinosaurus as someone might call it. But the rhino the rhinos are dinosaurs. No, they're not io dino, rhino dino dino rhinosaurrists. Well, I do have any sores, by the way, I do have sores. Yeah, I have cold sores where all of your lips or within my lips. Well, I go the ones on my dick went away. I had a cold once where I sneezed out my cock the whole time. What does that mean, well, Uh, I would get what I felt was like a sickness, like a like a sickness in my head, right yeah, And I would start to feel like, uh, there was this poison in me, this pain in me that had to come out. And I was like, oh, I think I'm getting sick. So I would go outside. You just want to jerk off a woman's bedroom window, or stand on top of an apartment building, or linger near high school girls. Sure you're just not cowling your horniness A cold? No, No, this is a disease, Kyle. A sickness I have that the only way to relieve it is to sneeze. And the way I do it is by working my penis over and over again until it finally sneezes and snot comes out. Usually I feel a sense of euphoria, followed by a deep shame and rage. Okay, now, what year is it? It's what is it? Meant? It's the year nineteen eighty five? What year? And your mom is You're gonna fuck your mom? What? Kyle? You've got back in time and the only way for you to go back to the future is to fuck your mind. Stop messing with me, Bobby, what year is it. It's nineteen fifty five, Kyle, You've got all the way back to the future. Bobby, what year is it. It's twenty twenty six. Okay. Why haven't we solved the cold? Why haven't we cured the cold? That common That is crazy? You can't deserve we cured. We haven't cured. We have cured Alzheimer's. We have cured. Yes, why haven't we cured the cold? Everybody knows that you can't cure the common cold because people don't want it to be cured. They don't want it to be cured. Why because it's such a huge profitable as you get out of work, how that was? You know, if you didn't have a cold, how the hell could you you'd be working all the time. Kyle. Every once in a while, you got to get a cold, and you go, oh, I got a cold. I gotta you're saying it's nothing to do with the with right the right aid industry, Well has evs trying to make a fucking dollar. Big CVS and Big Right Aid and Big Dwayne Reid, Big Walgreens and Big Walgreens and Big Medi Mart all have a vested interest in what Kyle keeping you selling like sweatpants, selling like cheap sweatpants, selling Chief sweatpants, Valentine's Day candy, Yeah, selling a large hollow milk chocolate eggs, getting your picture printed after like a day or two. Yeah, purchasing various sized foot padding, getting diabetes socks. Uh. Finding uh, just the right shadee reflective nail polish that's locked away by Okay, And so they make money off the well, they're making money off the cold, is what you're saying. They're making money off the cold. They're making money off the fact that if you take a few days off from work, what are you gonna do. If you're sick and you got a few days off from work, you don't want to go far. You're going to go to your local, right ad Just scam, It's basically what you're saying. It's the same thing as like when I do crowd work. I know I'm not giving anything of value to my audience, right, I'm just creating shitty content that's going to be passed around. I have a confession. It's like when I talk about supplements or eating you know, chicken parts to save money, as opposed to having like a chicken breast, having like a chicken neck or foot that I simply just don't know what I'm talking about and I'm making it up. Wow, But that's what happens when you have the common cold. Well, tell me what happens to your body during a common during and why is it common? Is that anything to do with the actor? Yes, it's actually common. Was the first person to get what we call it cold? Prior to that, they were called flues or Hibbejibi's Okay, So common gets the first cold. Common gets the first cold, and and what is happening in the body? Actually, So first off, the virus multiplies in the DNA and it then a very small right, So imagine a herd of rhino going across the Serengeti plane. And as they all move across the plane, and the Serengeti is your body. These rhinos are bopping up against the trees and they're hitting lions and hyenas, and they're they're they're knocking over bushes and they're charging through villages and the locals are running away for the village to escape with their lives. But that's the human body, and inside the body, the rhinovirus cold is doing the same thing a stampede. Okay, danger and disease. Now, my grandma bless her heart, now has you know she's gonna have to have her feet amputated. Wow, but she told me don't go out with wet hair, You'll catch a cold. She said that I went around to these ice facilities with wet hair. Now does that Is she right? If you go out with wet hair, can you catch a disease? Well? No, This is what is actually going on, Kyle, is that wet hair would lower the potentially lower your immune response. Because you are colder, your body temperatures lower, It's more likely that you are in a weak in state because you're Mario Lopez is always getting sick. Lopez always sick. Yeah, of course, any swimmer is usually quite sick. And Michael Phelps, Gold Phelps. This is why for ye, Now, this is why Melple Phelps, pl No, Myrple Phelps, Myrple Phelps, Mepo Phelps, they're all the Phelps brothers, MEPO, Michael, and Myrple, all of them are very depressed. And uh, the reason they're depressed is because they're wet all the time. Now, Myrple Phelps. How is he able to win so many gold medals? I think one hundred something like that. How was he able to win one hundred gold medals if he was sick? You condition yourself, Kyle, and you because the sickness gives you power. You have to cold help him the cold. It's all that why Jews are so powerful, right. Well, one of the reasons that the Jewish people are so powerful is because they're so so sick. N DNA they have N DNA, the Nebbish DNA gives them the advantage because if you, Kyle, think about it this way, It's like what they old phrase running with weights. Okay, If I go running with weighted bell and then the next day I run without it, I'm stronger Because well, I think you're getting sick. I just heard it. You can't Can I get Can I get you sick through the microphone? Yes, Kyle, of course you can't. You don't think that a diseases. Diseases can sonically transmit. So when you coffeeto your microphone, it's moving through the microphone up the chamber, into the wires, over the internet and then coming out the microphone. Here. That's fucked up. Yeah, that's crazy, but I could also for instance, here I had coffee and cof coffee and I had coffee, and I had smoked trout this morning. Now take a moment, hold on, then'll smell your microph only shit it reeks. Yeah, fucking reeks over here. That amazing. Now watch this smell that. That's disgusting. Yeah, that's truly disgusting by it. Yeah, you know, and I cleaned it. But you know, you ever notice sometimes you clean your asshole, but then like about it four hours later. Maybe you go to p and you're like, I'm just gonna give it a wipe, and then there's like a little shit in there, and you're like, wait a minute, what the fuck? I never that never happened to me. You never have a little shit leak out of your ass just throughout the day. No, how about pissed? Do you find that when you piss that no matter how much you shake off, there's just piss running down your fucking leg. No. How old are you? By the way, I'm seventy two, four seventy two, so you're seven hundred and twenty four. Yeah, yeah, twenty four years old. That's crazy. Yeah, I'm like Merlin too, I'm aging backwards. You're like Yoda? Uh yeah, sure. Can you do me a favor and do a Bobby Yoda impression? Okay, yeah, I'll do that for you because you're sick, Kyle. I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 2: M hm, yes, cool, you masked sick you are?
Speaker 1: Talk to Cheryl. Talk to Cheryl as Yoda.
Speaker 2: Stay your wave away from stay Penis juwe sick? Sick you are? Hey, go me will to Yoda.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yoda's just saying separate words, not even if full sentences. He penis touched, Yoda has gotten Okay, I put my own little spin on your which is like he's you know, he's had a head injury. Should I be taking Kyle? Should I be taking these?
Speaker 2: Joe?
Speaker 1: I'm I'm Bobby. Yeah, I know your Bobby. Kyle. Should I be taking this? Yeah? You keep saying I'd be taking it, but I think it's maybe it's the cold. I think it is. Yes, I'm talking. No, I'm saying, I'm telling you my name. Now. Should I be taking this? I'm not Kyle? I Bobby, You're all right? You know what The sickness is taking you over. You must have a high fever. That's right. I'm Kyle. I'm Kyle Quim. Let me do my refreshing brand of how'd work for you? Where are you from? I'm from DC. Oh, you're from Dick Kunt Now can I write that down? That's actually brilliant. But seriously, Kyle, and it's fun to do an impression of you. But the most important thing for treating a cold is the following. They've already shown that vitamin C does nothing actually or a recovery or for a cold. That actually your best to drink a lot of ough this, take your nettle root and rest and sleep, Kyle, okay, Because there is no cure for the common cold because it mutates so frequently, it's impossible to actually treat it. But I just remember my when I was a kid, my mom, who I haven't seen her in years, but she would hold me and she would help me, and she would sing to me, and it would make me feel so much better. You know, I don't have that. I don't have anyone to take care of me anymore. My grandma's got hobbled feet, yeah, and she's sick. And I just don't know, I don't know, I don't Would you like me to hold you and I'd see you a Russian Russian lullaby. I mean, would you do that for me? Bobby, Kyle would be my mommy. I will be your mommy and I'll tell you this. I watch you to get good rest, drink plenty of fluids, make yoursell some chicken soup. And also remember we're chopping off your grandma's feet next week. We need you to feel better, so you could be there to hold the axe and we night you. Hear her croon a Russian Lala bye, justao plantive too. When Babeby starts to cray rock a by my Babby, Somewhere they may be a land that's free for you and me hander Russian love by, Oh Bobby, that was amazing. Go to sleep, Go to sleep, Go to sleep. Here you go, okay, go to sleep.
Speaker 3: Goody Good Science is a production of Silly Gilly, Big Money Players, iHeart Podcasts and one thirty seven Ltd, hosted by Anthony A.
Speaker 1: Tamadak As RFK Jr. And gill O zari As. Kyle Quim, Senior producer and audio engineer, emma Ardbrink, Supervising producer Victor Wright, our executive producers are Lindsey Hoffman and Jack O'Brien, Created by Anthony A. Tamadac and gill O Zai, and special thanks to our AI therapists Terry and Michael. New episodes drop every Tuesday and follow us on Instagram and TikTok at Good Science Pod and follow, like, and subscribe our YouTube channel, Good Science Pod