Speaker 1: Hello, Faith, Well, welcome to a Move the Chains episode of the forty nine Ers First and ten podcast. I'm your host, Rihanna McDonald and it's Game Day today. I'm here with Grammy Award winning artist who's been a part of a legendary group such as Cool In the Gang and the Dazz Band, Mister Skip Martin. Skip, how are you feeling?
Speaker 2: Feeling great? Honored to be here, just gonna have so much fun. I feel like a kid. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: So Skip, you're originally from San Francisco. Tell me your earliest memories of the San Francisco for here.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Montana, Jerry Rice, the stadium over there by the water, the original stadium, Candlestate Park, Oh my goodness, and just you know that time, you know, my family getting up and cheering. I had other family members that worked with the organization for the forty nine ers organizations and Dwayne Board and all these different people that were my family members. So it was really it's been a story for me, you know, really a story.
Speaker 1: Well, you just had your pregame rehearsals. What do you think of Levi's Stadium?
Speaker 2: I love it. Yeah, it's beautiful, especially when they put my name up there. I was like, ooh, this is so cool. Yeah, you know, but I having a great time. I want to thank Levi's for giving me a little stuff to wear what have you, because it's so hot in Las Vegas that I had to have some kind of a jacket when I got here to this area because eighty degrees is a little bit nippy for a guy from Vegas. So so thank you Levi's for the jacket's lovely.
Speaker 1: Well, you look great. Levi's always looks amazing on our halftime performers. You're performing halftime today. How excited are you to light up levi Stadium?
Speaker 2: I am so excited. I mean, it's such an honor and the privilege to be here and to do this. And like I say, I'm going to try to conserve and control my enthusiasm just a little bit so I won't mess up. But I'm really excited on the inside. I just don't look it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So originally growing up in the Bay Area, how did the city of San Francisco influence your style and your music career?
Speaker 2: Well, it actually helped me to get started because this is where my dreams were formulated. In a Bay area, and I had to learn the Sea words for success, and it was formulated here in the Bay Area. But the first leave Sea word for success is courage. You have to have the courage to go to an environment that's less familiar, less comfortable and convenient to make your way. So I left from my comfort zone and went out to Ohio where I knew nothing about it and knew nothing about the snow and the cold, and I started pursuing my real achievements into music. So this is the foundation of my dreams.
Speaker 1: Well, you've built an amazing dream. You're now a Grammy and a Emmy Award winning artist. If you had to pick one of your songs out of your entire iconic music career to represent the spirit of this year's forty nine ers team, which would it be?
Speaker 2: Leoded, whipped Absolutely, whip, Let's whipping bank, wet it on all night. That's gonna be our thing for today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, faithful forty nine Ers Chiefs is up next, airing at one twenty five pm on Fox. Thanks for tuning in, and thank you Sogod for joining us.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me