Speaker 1: Let's just watch Kurt, like everyone says, like how He's like, it's so funny, like we should just watch it. So I just clicked on a random season and the episode that comes up is he's dating Lucy Lure or whatever and he runs into a glass fucking thing. And I'm like, Aaron, that's what happened at the wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then I looked at Steve and I go, this is what happened when Larry was my plus one to Aaron's wedding. He ran into a glass window. I was like, is he writing about this? Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. I'm at the stage with my skin right now that there is a massive system much like the storm over Los Angeles brewing, and it's like do you pick? Do you leave it alone? Do you try to accelerate the winds are going?
Speaker 2: You get it? Welcome to the Calm Down Podcast. Welcome to the.
Speaker 1: Calm Down Podcast. I never ever ever get cold sores.
Speaker 2: Ever.
Speaker 1: I feel very lucky to not get that. And I have right here and I am like doing every Abriva, every Valel tracks. I'm not stressed. I don't know why. It's it's just we've got you already taking the blue pail for it, because those knock stuff out. It's the valve jacks whatever, they're not blue. Yeah, and I never and I am like shout out to not shout out. I mean, I'm sure you don't want to shout you out. Anyone that gets these on a regular basis. My husband gets they are like a sting and then it's like, don't pay it for like two weeks. What I think, really, I think that if you get on that blue pail really really quick, it helps I get them. We talked accusing by I grow with val trecks. Is a blue pill? Oh? I got the generic white one. But yeah, I'm trying to make sure that this thing stays packed under control. Hence why maybe there's seven pounds of lipstick on because we're trying to make sure that that Hi, everybody, Welcome to the comm Down podcast. For those of you that can see this and aren't just list listening to it, our gal is looking like a CEO dream in a beautiful red suit. Her hair is flowing, the necklace all the things in Las Vegas with a Super Bowl, just doing all the things you look fantastic or just d thank you. I but wait, I want to pick back up because we're doing a new thing where we're actually going to have an itinerary, a schedule, PowerPoint. So I get we've discussed this cold sours. I get them right outside my nose, right before I get a massive upper respiratory infection. And this is always the time of the year that I get them because we're finished. My body knows it, and it's like CBBAM, let it all hang out. So we've got a big show for you, Aaron's Vegas. We'll talk about that in the second. Also, what else do you want to discuss my darling?
Speaker 2: Oh, chrisa Ryan.
Speaker 1: Our producer, and I have this thing when something is bothering us during the week, instead of going to therapy or discussing it like normal people, adults, adults, they call you, we want to vent about it right here on the Calm Down Podcast. My biggest it's not my biggest pet peeve. My pet peeve for this week is when you're waiting for some news via text, and you're waiting, You're waiting, rate, keep checking, keep checking, and then finally the person texts you and it said, hey, erin.
Speaker 2: And what tell me answer me?
Speaker 1: Give me a sign batman like this is I no need to say hi by you texting, It's already hello. Just give it to me, give me the news, give me you know, wait, hold on, I got to.
Speaker 2: Get into all this. We're that.
Speaker 1: We will elaborate on that in a second. I'm also going to say, why do I have to give my email for everything? You are going to give us an update on taking Macaroon to the mountains for the first time?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: And then also, oh shit, now I get what you're doing. Let's start with the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: You're in Vegas? Sorry, yep, okay, great, I'm in Life TV. You're doing great. Great.
Speaker 1: And then I'm also going to discuss how it's really important to return to places that you used to work at. Okay, I want to go back to Las Vegas. Yeah. So, of course the super Bowl is upon us. Our podcast airs on Thursday, so we're still going to be a couple of days away from the big Game.
Speaker 2: I always left me.
Speaker 1: Hey, fun fact, by the way, do you know why the super Bowl is called the super Bowl? Here we go, Lamar Hunt, the owner of course, the family that the original owner of and still in his family. Lamar Hunt rest in peace, but family owns the Kansas City Chiefs. His son was and I don't know. I'm assuming it's Clark. I don't know that, so I should probably get fact check on that. Ryan helped me out. Here was playing with a little ball and it was called the super Bowl, and so Lamar Hunt was like, oh, we should call this game the super Bowl. And it was all derived from the Hunt family and a little ball that he was playing with his son was playing with called the super Bowl owner. If he trademarked that and sold it to the NFL, I don't know, but yeah, I learned that from Jim Nance this morning, from when he was doing an interview, and I didn't know the origination of which I should have.
Speaker 2: But here we are.
Speaker 1: So you're in the great city, my favorite city of Las Vegas, for the Super Bowl. It is Monday, Tuesday when we take this, and it's already chaos.
Speaker 2: Elaborate.
Speaker 1: I mean it's not chaos, but you can tell things really start heating up this week. Super Bowl weeks usually on a Wednesday, they're in full swing. On a Thursday, Friday, it's just it's off the rail. Saturday everybody's like, let's get there, let's get there to Sunday. But yeah, you can tell, like it's all it's pretty overcast today. It looks like it was raining a little bit today. I've been inside most of the day, as everybody does here in Vegas, and it's getting wild and like when the weather gets great, which I think is supposed to be tomorrow. They have all the sets outside of the Belagio, like people are just ramping up. At the hotel I'm staying at right now, they have really cool, well done painted painted pictures and photographs of Super Bowl greats. And I was walking to my room and looking all of them in really cool pictures.
Speaker 2: It's awesome.
Speaker 1: But yeah, this is a great city to do this. It's not my favorite city to come to in terms of doing it right. Staying at a good hotel, going to nice dinners, I love that, But I'm not into the smell. Like we walked through a casino today and I go, my god, this smells great. I hate that shit. I hate smelling it when I go to sleep at night.
Speaker 2: I don't love it. I don't love it.
Speaker 1: Oh me, I'm I'm little miss Vegas. I'm there's probably a reason that I'm not there because I would find myself having too much fun. However, I am I'm bummed that it's not Fox's super Bowl in Vegas because Fox knows how to throw our people. Like when we had the Super Bowl in New York and our set was set up in Times Square and it was just like they know it's they know how to do it, and like think about Miami, Like it was beautiful the sets that they put together. So yeah, I'm bummed that Fox doesn't have the opportunity to host in Vegas because they would do it and they would.
Speaker 2: Do it right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But on the other side of that point you heard me, is it's different when it's not our game, which, like I'm always a little bit bummed because I'm like, oh, I want to be like, you know, with the field on the field with you right before you're going to do your hit, and I want to do pre game stuff. But it also is nice to be a fan and just sit back and like watch all the coverage from AFAR. So you're going to be there for a couple of days. See, I disagree. I need to know the injury updates right away. I don't want to wait for somebody to report it to me. I want to read the doctor's lips. I want to ask the doctor myself what it really is. Like, I want to know if rock Perty is struggling. I want to know what like Trent Williams is saying. I want to know what Kurshia McCaffrey is doing, like I, if I'm going to watch it, I want to be there. I want to be on the sideline. So I need I in fact, think I need to talk to Kyle at halftime, regardless if I'm covering the game or not. I feel like I've done every big damn game that forty nine ers have played in this year. So Kyle, I have some questions, which actually is a good point. I mean, yes, I do want to be a fan and watch sometimes. Would my preference be to cover it?
Speaker 2: Of course? Yeah, said I am really torn.
Speaker 1: So for my DraftKings uh parlay, Like, I had to pick a bunch of guys, and you know, I think Travis Kels is gonna score. I think George kat okay, whatever, So I have a whole list. Normally I have no problem being like I think SO and SO is gonna win. I think SO and I can't and I won't do it, and I didn't put it on my parlay because I I don't and it's not good.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I think it's professional, but like I feel like I'm emotionally connected the same you probably more. You are more than I am because you actually have covered these teams. I'm like been on the field with them for a lot of the season. With Amazon, I only get to see these guys you know, once here or there, but just personally, like the guys that like I love on both of these teams. I have a hard time disseminating, like being like okay, like this is just pick the winner, and I'm not going to pick the winner because I want them both to win and it would be sad whoever loses in this one.
Speaker 2: So yeah, no, I know.
Speaker 1: I'm actually you're going to be in Seattle. We talked about this last podcast. I don't want to watch with anybody, like I want to do my own thing. So I'm inviting people for my crew to come to my house because honestly, I would be texting them anyway, so I might come over let's just sit and like talk about things, because that saves me a text message okay, but.
Speaker 2: Don't forget about don't put your phone down because I'm gonna need to talk. I know you. I'll have I'll just FaceTime you and I'll have it. Yeah, we talked to.
Speaker 1: Grocy and Casey and all them CUTEQ gets very sweet of you host this with the hosting is a lot of work.
Speaker 2: I'm not good at it. I'm not good at I'm terrible.
Speaker 1: I put out like bowls of chips and I'm like, so the other night, we were going to host a couple of Steve's friends and he's like, I go, do we need to make a shark cotery plate? He goes, you don't know how to make a shark coutery plate. I'm like, your god, damn right. I don't know how to make a short cuttery play. I don't know if we even have a board or a plate to serve this on. I never host. I'm the worst. We panicked about it all day and then at the last minute they ended up having to cancel and I looked at Stephen I was like, oh, I'm kind of happy they canceled because I was like, I don't know how to host. I'm terrible, Like I am getting up and offering are we reploring the drink of?
Speaker 2: Like what are we doing? How long do they stay? Like how? I don't know. I have a lot of questions.
Speaker 1: And I admire anyone that likes the hosting role, because I mean, I like to host television shows, not parties, not for me. I have a couple of girlfriends that are incredible hosts, and they're at different levels, like some are kind of high end levels and great cooks, and then my other friends are like great hosts and then great hosts for the kids too, And it's just like Jesus, like so much pressure. I'm just not good at it, and it actually gives me so much anxiety and could in fact ruin my week. No, No, you're not wrong. The whole day all I could think about. He's like, hey, do you want to go do this? And I'm like, I don't know. I just can't. I can't stop thinking about how we're gonna have to host this thing later and I don't know what to do, and like I can't cook. So then it's like, oh we ordering did we order the food too soon?
Speaker 2: Do we order too late?
Speaker 1: When if they don't like the food, it's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 2: All right, So.
Speaker 1: Going back and sticking to our rundown because you're very organized, you alluded to this text that you got that just said hi, Erin and then nothing else. Well, there's a couple questions that I have here. How long did it take from the high to the follow up text? Probably like four minutes, which seemed like forty five minutes. But I was just waiting for some information that was also causing me some anxiety to like figure something out. And I just said to my husband, why are they saying hi to me? Like I've been waiting for it. There's no need to say hi the second you text me.
Speaker 2: That's a high.
Speaker 1: So anyways, I instantly then went to Ryan and you and I said this could be a podcast. And then it turns into a hole Larry David thing Like everybody can relate to that when they're waiting for a text. And then the people are like, hey, hey Erin, what's up?
Speaker 2: No bubble? What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Just write it? What the agnon?
Speaker 1: Right? Also, you have done this, and I know we've talked about it before. When you go call me no no oh, now I'm sweating. Now something's wrongs. It kicks right in and I go to the worst case scenario, because it always is the worst case scenario. So do not text call me, or then if I call and you don't answer, now we've got a real problem. Now I am sweating, what anxiety has kicked in? And then you did this to me one time hours went by hours and I called you, and then you finally called me back and you're like.
Speaker 2: Oh, sorry, I'm sorry. I just wanted to talk.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh, Aaron, don't you ever do that to me again?
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm like I was assuming you were. Someone has died, we've been fired, the house is on fire, someone we know is in trouble. Get these are all terrible things. Yep. So proper text etiquette, do not say hi and without any supporting information right away, Like to your point, you've said the text leave got yep, right into the information. What are some other ones that you can't text without follow up?
Speaker 2: Call me?
Speaker 1: You've got to call, like, you've got to give some context to that. We we said one before you talk. The test results are in, Like what test results? The test results are in? M h, do you have a second But I also hate that hate that one. Hey, when you get a second I used to make my old agent Nick, when he would text anything, he'd have to write all good after it because I don't want to see that text. And that's or we have a panic a test because the amount of time it's even taken for me to call you, I'm panicking, yep, So just say all good, yeah, yeah, I want to know you guys listening. What are some other texts that you get that you're just like nope, nope, okay, so that was your text etiquette really good. Speaking of Kurb, by the way, so I never watched it, and I told you, like, I never watched it because.
Speaker 2: Oh, it just came out.
Speaker 1: So I've, you know whatever, known Larry for a millionaires, and I never wanted to watch his shows because it just was always like it was weird to watch it. If you know the person, then you're also like, but that's exactly him weird anyway, But so he his new season came out and I was like, you know what, I was like, I'm we were Steve and I spend so much time scrolling around looking for a freaking series and we can't find one, and I'm like, hey, do you want let's just watch Kurb? Like everyone says like how He's like it's so funny, like we should just watch it. So I just clicked on a random season and the episode that comes up is he's dating Lucy Leu or whatever and he runs into a glass fucking thing. And I'm like, Aaron, that's what happened at the wedding. Yeah, And then I looked at Steve and I go, this is what happened when Larry was my plus one in Aaron's wedding. He ran into a glass window. I was like, is he writing about this? And then the whole episode, I'm just like laughing because I'm like, wait, why have I not watched this? Because probably because my own anxiety was I'm like, oh, Jesus, is he writing about like us at some of these points where, by the way, let's not be so arrogant that he's writing about.
Speaker 2: Us, but there is that.
Speaker 1: The one episode I clicked on was him yawning into a glass window, which he did. So we watched that episode and we started panicking because we were like, oh my god, this is from our wedding.
Speaker 2: What else could be in there? Right?
Speaker 1: And then you told me there was a plane episode which also went back to it could be trace the wedding now again. Maybe he's run into a window another time, or maybe he's had a shared plane situation with someone else. But for someone who doesn't watch the show, the first episode, I click on and I was like, what is happening here?
Speaker 2: Anyways?
Speaker 1: But I'm so happy that he's still doing the show. And even though he always says every season's his last season, I know it makes him so happy. So I'm gonna watch a few more episodes and then watch My class.
Speaker 2: It's so good, it's so good. Yes, go back, but you.
Speaker 1: Know this about me, I don't go. I start like a book at the end. I start seasons at the end. I do not have to watch wait for this in succession. What a great show is that season?
Speaker 2: Coming back? Are we doing that? They filmed it so good?
Speaker 1: Officially they just won everything for the Globes, I think. But yeah, I'm someone that has no problem jumping in like mid season on things or random sporadic episodes. I don't have to go chronologically, which drives a lot of people nuts. But we are watching the final season of The Crown and it is the one, obviously where Diana dies, and I started crying the other. I mean, you know what's going to happen. And it wasn't her wreck that made me cry. I think it was something about like the boys, and like then I was telling my girlfriends like we were taking a flight home from Montana for me to drop the baby off before I could come here, and I was like having such panic about turbulence, and I looked over at the people we were traveling with, and I go, God, the Crowns were like, fucked me up.
Speaker 2: Wait, Princess Diana.
Speaker 1: I have a couple questions about that. So you have you watched The Crown Yes, like all the way hees. Oh, okay, it's so good. You'll hate me for this. I when I saw that it was going to be an episode about Dane, I just went straight in. I'd seen no Prezas episodes. I just went straight. Isn't the actress amazing? She's amazing.
Speaker 2: Oh no, she's incredible. Yeah, is that actor?
Speaker 1: I don't know, some English accent or accent actress. She's They're all fantastic. It's so well casting, except for can I just say the season six, which is the final one, Harry is not Harry? Like that doesn't look like a Harry. Oh, William is perfect. I think even the King Charles the Camilla is amazing, but Harry is weird.
Speaker 2: That's not Harry.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of questions about casting, Like casting agents are the most powerful people in the world. I think about you change people's lives. Yeah, and what are the to become a casting agent? And like those initial c s A, I think like our next has no idea that that's what you were talking about.
Speaker 2: I want to find uh.
Speaker 1: Well, this also goes back to that same episode that I was watching for the Curb one where he's gotta put this girl in his show because someone died in his.
Speaker 2: Pool and so so good. Okay, so what.
Speaker 1: Who came Ryan, Mary, Elizabeth something? It's so good that maybe one of the best seasons of Curb ever. Oh well, then I picked a good one. Yeah, I just randomly because I didn't want to go way back. And then I was like, anyways, but who these casting agents? Does anyone know a casting agent? I've got questions for them? How did you become one? Like do you do favors? Of course you'd have.
Speaker 2: To, sure, right, like that show, yeah, the politics of it, it's so interesting.
Speaker 1: Well, and then people like sleep with casting agents, right, probably to get good game the casting couch like you. Oh right, wasn't that a whole thing? Like you got the job on the casting couch. I don't know the actress.
Speaker 2: This is a whole other world. We don't know about this. We don't Hey, what you do know? Oh, Mary Sophia. Mary Sophia is so good. I'm also like.
Speaker 1: This is pretty typical of me, whether it's fashion, whether it shows like I always late to the party, but once I arrived at the party, per Aaron's great endorsement of me, I am a time. You were just going to show up late. So okay, So into that other question that I had for you, Why am I yelling? I gotta also stop yelling. I watch back because I'm trying to do this is me When the season is over, I have to stay busy because idle time with me is not good. So I did a deep dive into podcast things I like, things I don't like about other podcasts, things that we could be better on our So I listened to some of ours back. Holy fuck, I need to bring it down nine hundred levels. I get so excited and I talk so fast, and then I'm loud.
Speaker 2: It's just a we can stay right here and still show some enthusiasm. Okay, that's what I mean.
Speaker 1: We're not Delilah after dark, for God's sakes, it is Albreton, like, this is a game break and use my game break voice. But my other questions I had for you before. My enthusiasm of life just takes over my body. And then I took mac Rooney.
Speaker 2: Who is that Kevin? Is that me?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Kevin?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kevin exactly? Macaroon to the mountains for the first time. So tell me everything. The gear, a lot of baby stuff, a lot of clothes, the mitten, the shoe child oh god, a boot fell. Where's his other glove? We're like on this sky lift. Oh shit, there it is. It was great. It was super fun. Altitude does get to babies, which is crazy. He is teating so add that giant whopper on there. The sleeping was all kind of screwed up. But besides all that, we had fun taking him in the gondola.
Speaker 2: So cute.
Speaker 1: We have such a fun video. Our nanny is so great. But Snoop Dogg has a chill ldren's album and it's called Doggie Land, and there's this one song called Affirmation, and it's like I love myself, I love myself, my parents are wonderful, like's your daily affirmations.
Speaker 2: It is such a fun song.
Speaker 1: We were listening to it on the gondola ride, singing like we were those people. And then yeah, we sent you and Steve videos and your adorable monclaur. Yes, my friends are ridiculously amazing to my baby jacket happens when you don't have kids. You can buy your friend's kids whatever you want and they can't say anything about it, and they don't. You don't, don't die this for them. It was so nice of you. But he was like swatting away the little snowflakes. And then took him in the hot tub, which he loved, and it was fun.
Speaker 2: It was really really cute. But yeah, it was a good time. But he's almost done, so that's okay. But it was good, how fun.
Speaker 1: Just different experiences that like you're so used to doing on your own, and then you add a little nugget into the mix.
Speaker 2: It's so sweet.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see him on ski. I know he'll be a way better skier than I ever, you know, would hope to be. But you know you start him early and then they have no fear on like the mother. I told you and Ryan when we were getting together all our topics for the show last year, I discussed and I had a ski instructor that said, if you sing while you ski, that loosens you up. And I was trying to do West Coast rap and that was helpful. And then this year obviously is the year of Taylor Swift, and I was singing the song that I'm obsessed with.
Speaker 2: Oh Jesus, why do I always forget about it? Hold on? Hold on? Because there's so many they're speaking? Is it over?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I love it? It's my favorite song. I don't know what that was it over? When when she laid down on your couch? Was it over when he unbutted my blouse? Come here?
Speaker 1: Anyways, I was seeing that, and then at one point I was really, so, it's nineteen eighty nine. It's a it's a deluxe or something, vault version or something.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: So anyways, I was seeing that, but I was really getting into the chorus and really feeling myself, even though I look so stiff when I ski, and my instructor was like.
Speaker 2: Are you okay, and I was like, oh yeah, I wasn't in pain. I was just singing.
Speaker 1: First of all, this would be my song if I was going down the mountains, as evidenced by my skiing adventure last year with you Are we out of.
Speaker 2: The woods yet? Are we out of the woods yet?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: We out of the woods yet? In the clear? Whatever was?
Speaker 1: Aaron is a fantastic skier. I just got down play. Okay, here we go. This is my turn. Lock it up. Aaron's gonna downplay it. It's just what she does. For those of you that missed the episode last year, or like made you arrive at episodes later in life or out of it sporadically or out of order. Aaron and I went skiing last year. I in my mind thought I was Peekaboo Street because when I grew up in Seattle, I was go stating it a lot, go to Whistler Black Home. I'm like, oh yeah, I'm like such a good scare. In my mind, I was, at least at one point I thought I was we get down the mountain and I'm like, oh my god, I am terrible. And I will say this. I'm the first person to say I think I'm a very athletic person. You are up basketball, I can throw football, I can do a lot of things. Yeah, and I pride myself on being an athlete. You talk about being humbled that mountain. Kendra and I even last year when we were together, when we went up there, We're like, oh, hell no, Steve's like double black diamond. This bitch is black. And I was like, bye, we'll go down the bunny hill. I'm doing the pizza, not the fries. I mean, never in my life did I like was so delusional about who I am on skis. But anyways, Aaron's a fantastic skier. Her child's going to be a great skier, and you're adorable.
Speaker 2: He is going to be a good one.
Speaker 1: Going back to our rundown, I mentioned something real quickly where I had said email for I love this. All right, everyone settling because this thing gets me. We go to the stores nowadays, yes you heard me, stores.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: I buy a lot of online Amazon things like that. But let's say you actually venture out. You go to the mall or wherever you buy stuff, and this is happening all the time, and it's driving me nuts. I check out, here's the items i'd like to buy. Also, I like when you get up to the register and you put everything down, they're like, oh, is there anything else you want? Tom like, no, that's here, it is. That's why I'm at the register. I have seventy five items over here that I didn't bring to the register that I want. No, So, yes, these are the items i'd like to buy. They go, all right, Can I get a phone number? I don't want to give you my phone number. I just want I just want to buy my phone number. Just want to buy these Oh, well, we just want to need it for the profile. I don't have a profile. Oh, we need to set up a profile in order for you to be in the system. I don't want to be in the system. I just want to buy the items. Okay, Well, can I get an email? No, I don't want to give you my email. I just want to buy these items. Okay, Well, then you're not going to be able to get a receipt. Why does the print or not? We don't print receipts anymore. We just that's the only way that I can get a receipt is if I give you my phone number, my email, my firstborn, my social security number, ma'am. With all due respect, I just want to buy these items. I want you to print me out a little receipt and I want to be on my merry way.
Speaker 2: Well, they get a real attitude.
Speaker 1: And I say this as a former sales associate at north Side, but like I am telling you, I don't want to give you my information because then I'm going to get the emails and I'm going to get the random sales calls. I don't want it, and they get a real attitude about it, like, well fine, then you won't be able to return this. And it's like, why can I not just buy items and get a receipt without being in your data? Of this every everybody needs all my information. No, you're not getting it, and in fact, if you keep that up, I'm taking these items out of here. I also feel you judged. It's like I've come home. I've stated this hotel four times. Have you been to this hotel before?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I have four times. I've been here with you, Chris at like you know, I mean, have you shopped with us before? I have?
Speaker 2: Okay? Does it look like I should wear the items? Does it look like I shouldn't be shopping here. What are you saying?
Speaker 1: I just don't understand, Like, where are the days where you just can go in and buy something and leave with the receipt? And now I'm big on receipts. And that's not just because of Dion Sanders. That's because of after my breaking the goddamn insurance company asked forevery receipt I ever had? You should see my filing system. You have thirty four thousand reasons didn't want a receipt? Twenty what's the song you and Kendra A twenty four thousand, three hundred and sixty five?
Speaker 2: What's this?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Come on? It's from like a Broadway play?
Speaker 1: Oh, thirty four three hundred sixty Come on, you're like little miss Broadway. You should know this. It's like from a play or something. Anyways, that's my rant about going into these stores. And I don't want to give you my information. I just want to I just want to buy a dress for dinner.
Speaker 2: Tonight to night tonight. All right. Next up.
Speaker 1: You we talked about your skiing update, which is fantastic. Last, but not least, going back to what I just mentioned about places, you were one thing a sales associate, A sales sales associated Norsemen's one of my many jobs. So I text you the other day. Everything goes back to everything I do in my life. I text Aeron about I had a little time. I was in Marina del Rey for something. Oh, I know, because I went to the it's off season for me already, and I'm my to do list. I'm checking shit off. I wanted this olive tree in the back of my yard forever. So I got the olive tree. But then I needed to get a pot for it. So I went marched myself to the cute little green whatever it's called, nursery that's down the street, got myself a pot, and then I have like a few like an hour or whatever before I do something now. So I was like, you know, I'm gonna take myself to the cheesecake factory. As a former way the cheesecake factory.
Speaker 2: I thought to myself, what are you doing there?
Speaker 1: So I just marched right in and I sat myself right at the bar, and I was like, and I didn't even have a drink, shocker. I just was like, I'm going to order my favorite And I hadn't been to a cheesecake factory, babe in I don't know, ten years, Like I don't know, just not a lot of them around where I live, and there.
Speaker 2: Wasn't this particular case. I was like, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: I got the buffalo chicken salad thing and it comes with the onion rings on the top.
Speaker 2: It was so good.
Speaker 1: I got the lunch sized abortion and I just sat there and I just had the best time by myself looking around and thinking to myself, like it's so important to go back to places you used to work. Because I sat there and this is like a little moment where I was like, if I could go back and tell the Carissa that worked at the cheesecake factory in Bellevue Square in two thousand and four in Seattle, like this is how my let twenty years later, what it's going to look at look like.
Speaker 2: I would have just been. I don't know. I was.
Speaker 1: I think it's really important to go back and appreciate places that you've worked so you can appreciate how far you've come. And that path has obviously been littered with highs and lows over the past twenty years. But I don't know, I was like nostalgic for me to just sit there and think about the twenty years since I had worked there, And also how important is if God forbid, knock on whatever, if I lose my jobs and I got to go back and work there, I would just be happy as a clam. I get a great discount, a great food, very lovely people that work there.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. It was just like a full circle.
Speaker 1: Moment, and I think it's important to do that if you've ever had a job somewhere and just think about the little you know. Twenty two year old Aaron Andrews that worked at do you want to come back to me? With No?
Speaker 2: They wouldn't accept me. Didn't you want to? Do you want to come back to me? To Adventure Island in Tampa the Push.
Speaker 1: Gardens water Park and we can get your red speedo suit and push people across your arms, crush your legs, have a great ride.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you can't man. You can stand on your water tube, ma'am.
Speaker 1: You need to put your bottom through the hole, hold on to the handrails and have a great ride. Thank you for visiting Adventure Island. Cross your arms, cross your legs, enjoy your time at Adventure Island. Time out, So you were responsible for putting these people in down the water side. I hated touching the back of people back hair. Yeah, back wet backs that have hair. Gross because you have to give a little shove. Crush your arms, crush your legs. Okay, thanks for visiting.
Speaker 2: Thanks. I hope you have a great day and Eventure Island. I was in high school. It was a summer job to get tanned and try to hit on lifeguards. Stupid perfect.
Speaker 1: So I'm just gonna mark myself back in in my red speedo one piece and just really take a look around and go down the Tampa Typhoon. After I cross my arms and cross my legs, you go over the Gulf stream, plug your nose because that water will shoot right up. Have a great day. Thanks for visiting Adventure. You're adorable. Can I offer you guys a cheesecake? My personal favorite it is the white chocolate raspberry truffle, but we also have oreole big favorite amongst everyone here visiting cheesecake factories. This is your first time at cheesecake factory. It's a very large menu, so I'll give you guys some time while you're getting some time to look over and peruse the menu. May I offer you some bread. Everyone loves the brown bread. You want brown and white. I see you have a baby. Let me cut up those bananas for your baby.
Speaker 2: I also like Glinda's fudge cake there.
Speaker 1: It was so cool. So you were the one interesting. But yes, I encourage anyone to go back to one of their first jobs and just look around and think to yourself like, hey, there's a great gig. If you have to go back and do it, then fine, But there's you know, lots of lots of things in between them. To be grateful for Aaron.
Speaker 2: Aaron, put down the churro and put on some sunscreen.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you, Ryan. Twenty five thousand, six hundred minutes. That's from the show.
Speaker 2: I don't know that she from Rent Oh never saw I never saw it. Let's go to three hundred take up cup fees later. What that's my tailor song? I was singing. You gotta learn that song? Is it over now? We're over now?
Speaker 1: Thank you guys so much for joining us. Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.