Speaker 1: Strap on the boots and scrape up the knuckles. Hold ahead. He got jacked.
Speaker 2: This is the Big Red Rage presented by santan Ford and Gilbert.
Speaker 3: Harry's gonna score touchdown slam to the ground by Buddha Baker like a torpedo. He came flying into the back deal.
Speaker 2: The Rage is brought to you by santan Ford and Gilbert right on the Price right on the corner of the sand Tan two to two Freeway in val Vista Seek your Ticket to Great Seats, and by Arizona Cardinals Podcast. Visit Azycardinals dot Com, slash podcast, A.
Speaker 4: Red Seeds Rising Up, Timber You Rising Vision, Flurry Rage, take it over.
Speaker 1: Here's Paul Calvic. I'm ready.
Speaker 4: I'm one hundred percent ready. I'm telling you I'm ready.
Speaker 5: And Ron Woolfley, it doesn't get any better than that.
Speaker 6: Are here we go?
Speaker 1: Let's hear your renz.
Speaker 4: I mean, we gotta come off the ball here on the big Red range, right, we got to pick up where the Sedona Red left.
Speaker 1: Off with the walk off. How about that? How about that for a matinee?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: I mean, hey, Phillies, you know what you can taste cheese steak all you want today.
Speaker 1: Arizona tasted victory, did they not? In that matinee? Absolutely? Ron Wolflee.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Paula, you don't have to happen to have an extra cheesecake or cheese steak or you know whatever cheese you might want to pass this way, Paul.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to wait till New Year's e Wolf because we go to Philly. The Cardinals go to Philly, and Cardinals will get their own shot at the Eagles on New Year's even I'm guessing there won't be much brotherly love in that stadium.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, no, I think you're right on that, Paul. It's gonna be a blood bath with no further ado.
Speaker 4: Everyone give it up for our big guest on the Big Red, Rage Keyante Ingram, coming off a career game at the La Rams. Kyante, how you feeling this evening? I'm feeling pretty good, feeling pretty good.
Speaker 5: Really, go well, you know what's coming out of the shoot right now? Kyante? What's your weight at right now?
Speaker 1: You know that.
Speaker 5: Ladies and gentlemen, you need to know this right now. I like I like Kiante at about two hundred and twenty five pounds and I know it's kind of a setup because I was talking to you before we actually hit the air, But Kyante, what is your weight at right now?
Speaker 6: I'm currently twenty five.
Speaker 1: To twenty five. Bali Wolf is.
Speaker 4: Like a lawyer on this show. He doesn't ask any questions he doesn't already know the answer to. Okay, yes, yeah, and he sent me up. Yeah, it wasn't sort of a setup. It was a complete setup right there. What do you feel like on a Monday you know, you get ten carries, you run for forty yards, right, I mean you're on teams. What do you feel like, you know, as a human battering ram at times on a Monday morning?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm not gonna little so little banged up little.
Speaker 6: Bruce, you know. But that's just the nature of the game, you know.
Speaker 7: And at the doing this for so long, you just get immune to it, you know, so you kind of already know what this speck.
Speaker 4: So and by doing this for this long, we're talking since basically he was a freshman in high school and by the time he was done with high school, he was a USA to Day All American and one of the top recruits in the country. And we'll get into all that, okay, But right now, let's just talk about maybe some of the takeaways in this offense. And I know Wolf's going to get into this big time. I'll just ask the first initial question. I mean, when you look at this offense versus last year, zach Ert said in the off season to Wolf actually an interview, and he said, you know what, this offense couldn't be any more different than last year. And we see it in the rushing numbers. You guys are number six in the NFL and rushing yards number two in yards per carry. Just tell us about the approach, the mentality this year when it comes to running the ball.
Speaker 7: When first, when JJ got in the building, of course he texts us, you know, and he let us know right then and there he wanted to the ball, you know. And of course they're like Christmas tree to us, and we take pride in it, you know, and going into a balanced offense compared to the last year, more of like.
Speaker 6: The air raid.
Speaker 7: We knew a lot of a lot of weight was gonna be on our shoulders, so we prepared in the off season, put it in over time, put it in the work, make sure we understood the playbook and meet the expectations when we go out there on Sunday.
Speaker 5: So, how do you think you actually ran the ball? Not just you personally, Kiante, but the entire team against the Rams. How do you think you guys did just in terms of running the ball? I feel like we did good.
Speaker 7: Of course, we're gonna the competitive nature go always say we can do better. I feel like we left the little meat on the bone, you know. But the chemistry is there, you know, and the numbers speaks for itself statistically, and we take pride in it, you know. So I feel like the run game is improved much better and we're gonna keep getting better.
Speaker 4: So yeah, thirty for a buck, thirty four point three yards of ca And you know what else we found out? Not only was there a three running back rotation, we found out yet again your quarterback can run Kenny.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, love what does.
Speaker 4: What's amazing is how many guys in that locker room on both sides of the ball are surprised by how fast Josh stops is because they're like, we never saw it in practice. So when did you first realize, wait a minute, this guy's legit.
Speaker 1: He can really run.
Speaker 7: I think it was just saying, friend, that week was a tough competition. We knew the competition that was coming up and the guys that was over there. And I think one time he kind of hit the sideline a little bit tight wrote the sideline and think Bobby Wagner or Bobby was trying.
Speaker 6: To get him.
Speaker 7: And to see him out run that man, I was like whoa, you know and kind of shot a couple of us, you know what I'm saying. And going into the week, that wasn't a game plan, you know, And to see him get those extra yards, specially when we was behind the yard sticks, you know, kind of get us into the next game plan. You know who he is, showing us a few things, earning the team trust, you know.
Speaker 6: So I feel like it was that we play shim for any kind of set.
Speaker 5: You know. One of the things Kiante, I love about your game is I think you're in every down back. I think you're a guy that can hold up in all three phases. I think you're a guy that you can run the ball of course, especially in between the tackles. I like that you got a little bloody nose in you, if you know what I mean. And I also like the fact you can come out of the backfield and be a receiver and catch the ball. You did it again on Sunday as well. And I also love the fact you can hold up in protection as well. You'll stick it on somebody, will you not. So I'll ask you this, my friend, what is your favorite thing to do in the game of football? What is your favorite play in the game of football? I'll say the stretch.
Speaker 1: You know, a bigger you're talking about the tackle zone, the outside side. There you go. Yes, I'm a bigger guy.
Speaker 7: Love a stride guy, a little heavy, you know. So I like to get going. I like to get the defense moving a little bit and to punch them. I'm a one cut guy, north south mentality, and I live by that and talk by.
Speaker 1: That, you know.
Speaker 5: So, Yeah, that's I love that solection right there by you, because you are a north south guy. In order to be good at that, you've got to have a quick cut. You've got to have good vision. You gotta be able to see it because sometimes that hole is gonna open up in different spots, There's no doubt about that. And then you got to be able to dip and rep and you kind of like that right. I love it, man. I feel like my game is diverse, you know.
Speaker 7: I like to do a little bit of everything between the tacles, outside the tackles. I like to make people miss you know, I ain't gonna get no ideas, but I'm gonna keep it there. But yeah, I feel like my game is very versatile, you know. I like to keep the defense guessing, get and I lean on it.
Speaker 1: What are you looking for?
Speaker 4: A lot of people watch play like that and they're like, are they just see chaos?
Speaker 1: Right? As a running back? What are you looking for?
Speaker 4: Or and how do you know when to go north south and make that cut?
Speaker 7: I feel like they're starting the game plan la particularly. We knew they was in the five man front, so we knew it wasn't gonna be too much dance and more of a north south mentality. I feel like it just starts at the beginning of the week, preparation, knowing who you going against, knowing the opponent, his tendencies and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: So yeah, the begin of the week that's winning start.
Speaker 4: Well. Look, Cardinals did a lot of really good things in the first half, and then the second half it was almost a complete flip.
Speaker 1: Of the script unbelievable.
Speaker 4: It really was, even just the mentality of the Rams they started with nine of the first ten plays of the game were passes. Nine of the first ten plays and the second half were runs. And then of course it always comes down, always comes down, especially division games, to a handful of plays, and for the Cardinals, the red zone was key, and that was something that Jonathan Gannon lamented after the loss.
Speaker 8: When we had opportunities down there was are four point plays, which makes the game completely different. You know, if the score is a little bit different at halftime, maybe they don't do that in the second half. So we got to just make sure we're converting those four point plays down there and make sure we put up some more points.
Speaker 4: In terms of halftime adjustments, did they We know what they did offensively, right, But in terms of that Rams defense, how different was it in the second half.
Speaker 7: It wasn't too much different, especially on the defensive side. I think they got the ball first, they came out, ran the ball. I don't think we got the ball back until like nine or eight minutes left in the game, so we kind of got behind a little bit. So he kind of got to get away from the game playing a little bit. They kind of executed their three downs. We kind of went three and that a little bit, so they kind of bit us in it. But so when we got in the fourth quarter, it kind of got a little dicey. You know, we kind of had to throw a little bit more than we wanted to, especially as running backs.
Speaker 6: You know, so sometime that's how the game get so.
Speaker 1: You know, it's so crazy about it, Paula.
Speaker 5: You look at some of the numbers from that game, but the Cardinals had twenty first downs, the Rams at seventeen. The Cardinals were thirty eight percent. On third down the Rams were thirty three percent. You know, the Cardinals rant seventy three plays to the Rams fifty five. That is a massive disparity. You're running seventy three plays to their fifty five. And you know what, the yards pretty much a wash at three forty five and three eighty two right there, pretty much a wash. They did a lot of things right, but when you got to the red zone, they were two of five in the red zone and we were zero for three in the red zone.
Speaker 1: And that was the difference in the game.
Speaker 4: Even the time of possession was twenty one nine Cardinals in the first half twenty one nine rams in the second half.
Speaker 1: I mean, how remarkable is that? Right?
Speaker 4: And then the other thing about this game going in is you're going in without James Connor, you know, two time Pro Bowl running back, and here's your offensive coordinator. After the game it was a three running back rotation featuring County ingram our guest here in the big Red Rage, and here's your offensive coordinator, Drew Petsen, and what he liked about that.
Speaker 9: They did some nice things. You know, there's as always there's going to be a cutter or run that they want back. But I thought as a whole they handled the game plan really well. I thought they played it, you know, effort and energy was really good. So I think that's a it's a week to week decision. Certainly, be in the flow of the game, you know, who's got the hot hand and how are we doing so, But but happy with where we're at and going to continue moving forward in that direction.
Speaker 4: And look, James Conner's on ir so three more games at least, So where does the run game take the next step this week?
Speaker 7: In your opinion, be more consistent especially with who we are identity just stick to it, man, keep building that chemistry offensive by chemistry, timing where to go, who to go, especially adjusted to the front and stuff like that. So I just keep saying being consistent, sticking to who we are, you know, the ground pound, couple of gaps, games, wide zone type zone.
Speaker 5: So yeah, tell me a little bit about Davy and Ploys quickly.
Speaker 1: Do you have time to tell me? What is the cool think about David Williams. Man.
Speaker 7: The coolest thing about him, man, he's he's forty five, that's what you tell Yeah, But the cooler thing he played at Oklahoma.
Speaker 6: Those I gotta give him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, that's good.
Speaker 4: We'll get into Kante's deep Texas roots.
Speaker 1: We'll get into that.
Speaker 6: Little bit next.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, his final year at USC who by the way, I'm still blaming for the disintegration of the Pac twave. We'll get into that a little bit, and then we'll get.
Speaker 1: Into all these chunk runs.
Speaker 4: The Cardinals already have more twenty plus yard runs this year than they had all of last season.
Speaker 1: Think about that. Single game tickets on sale now.
Speaker 4: Go to Easycardinals dot com slash buy tickets to secure your seats today on we go. It's the big red rage with Keanta Ingram coming at you live from Trophy and Chandler located on Queen Creek Road between Price and Dobson.
Speaker 3: Ing from the tailback. He'll get the call off the right side. Got grease forty five and down near the forty And.
Speaker 5: That is what I am talking about right there running the tackle zoned.
Speaker 1: Twelve yard gain in the first down.
Speaker 3: Dobbs takes and it's a deep dropping a quick girl to the running back far side, caught Ingram in midfield, turns block forty five and gets knocked down there close to the line. The game looks like he has.
Speaker 5: It, Josh Dobbs on the swing, seeing him on the swing. Rocke just threw the ball. That was a great catch. Keante Ingram went down to get that.
Speaker 1: That was not easy.
Speaker 3: And it's a handoff to Ingram off the right sock inside the twenty five to twenty spun forward first down of the fifteen tackled thy young, but a gain of eleven. There you go, Keyante about that little montage.
Speaker 4: Three plays in the Rams game, kant Ingram ten carries forty yards rushing and as Bull said, three aspects to his game. The running the catching the blocking coach has got to trust you in the pass pro game. He checks every single box And because I do, here's what I do on this show. Paul kelvc Ron Wolfley, and Keanta Ingram Cardinals running back Here in the Big Red Rage, presented by Santan Fording Gilbert Live from Trophy and Chandler. I specialize in asking the dumb guy question.
Speaker 1: So here we go.
Speaker 4: Can running backs really get in that rhythm?
Speaker 1: You hear up?
Speaker 4: And how many reps? How many carries for you does it take to get into what you would qualify as a rhythm.
Speaker 7: I would say, of course, I agree with that. Everybody got us get in a rhythm, just like we game plan and game plan obviously, But if I just had to put a number out there, I'll say nine and ten, I feel like, okay, broke them down, know where they're fitting because when you go into game plan, you can only do so much. You know, everything is universal, everything's by gap and replacement.
Speaker 5: So yeah, you know, Keyante, I know James Connor, and James Connor is one of these guys. He's like everybody's big brother for the most sponder. You know what, that's what it's like, right there, he's a very helpful guy as well, Like he is a great mentor. That's way I see him. What is he taught you? What is James Connor actually taught you about the National Football League?
Speaker 1: About the game of football.
Speaker 7: I can say a lot of things, you know, but I'm gonna keep you short and sweet. The highs and the lows. Uh, that's what he taught me the most, you know. And when he said that, you know, I was like, man, like it could be more perfect timing, perfect situation. He was just telling me about his situation when he first came to the league, how he kind of had to sit down a little bit.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: And he's a two time pro bowler, you know. So the highs and the lows. Man, expect the highs and respect the lows.
Speaker 6: That's what he telling me.
Speaker 1: That is so cool right there. It really is important.
Speaker 5: Man. I cannot tell you, Paul, the impact that a veteran will have on a younger guy.
Speaker 4: And I'm guessing he's referring to the fact he missed his junior year of college. He had to defeat cancer, get over a dozen chemotherapy.
Speaker 1: Yeah sessions.
Speaker 4: He came back, he played, he got drafted in the third round by the Steelers where he had gone to college, right, and then he tell with injury a great success.
Speaker 1: So those highs and lows.
Speaker 4: So but at the same time, when I hear him on the sideline, you see him, he always talks about it's a mentality, it's a mindset. That's one of his favorite sayings. The guys really follow up, James Connor, what does he mean by that? For everyone who's not on that sideline when he says it's a mindset, what's he talking about?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 7: When negative thoughts creep in, you know, the character really speaks for itself, the character really come out, you know. And James, he's always in that mindset. You know, he lives by that mindset. He dies by that mindset. It could be six thirty in the morning, five o'clock in the morning and JC ready to go.
Speaker 6: Man, that's how already embedded in him, you know.
Speaker 7: So when you get in that low situation, man, uh, just that character, you know, could you be that same person each and every day when it gets hard, when it gets tough, you know, when things not going your way, you know, so so.
Speaker 5: You know here here it is your second year in the league, of course, have you had that moment in the National Football League where you said to yourself, Oh my goodness, this, I'm geeking out a little bit here. You know, I'll never forget my rookie year, just running into Lawrence Taylor.
Speaker 1: My rookie year. Now, Lawrence Taylor, do you know who that is? Do you know? Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, just the baddest man in the history of the game of football, ladies and gentlemen. That's all I'm telling you right now. Okay, I don't want to hear about Aaron Donald. I don't want to hear. I'm sorry Lawrence Taylor to me change the entire game of football and how football was played. This is the baddest man on the face of the planet. I kind of geeked down, you know, when I ran into him, and you know, man, that's Lawrence Taylor.
Speaker 1: You know, I just.
Speaker 5: Can't even believe it. You know, have you have? Have you had a moment like that at all? You're you know, I know this is your second year, it's such a rookie year. But did you have a geek out moment at all your rookie year? I would say I did when I played against the Saints. Man when I make Cam Joy man.
Speaker 1: Oh, Cam George do right? Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know when I ran to him, I think it was this outs stretch to the outside. We was going to their sideline to the boundary, and I think Beach was at right tackle and he kind of not Beach unto my left and then I ran into him, like, oh, yeah, that's so.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Did I ask you that before, by the way, because I vaguely remember you actually saying that, Yeah, Cam George, now that you said, yeah, what a dude, Yeah, that's a player.
Speaker 4: This Thursday Night football last year. Right, you scored touchdown to that game?
Speaker 1: Right, I did supposed to be too, but that's right, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, Well here's your offensive coordinator, Drew Patsen talking about the Stateier game in year two.
Speaker 1: Petsing very smooth runner.
Speaker 9: I think he sees the field really well, makes really good decisions, tries to finish his runs violently. So I'd really expect to see that growth continue here as we moved through the season and through his career. But really pleased with the way he's played.
Speaker 4: All right, So cantu Anger might put it to you, where do you think you've improved the since you were drafted to now.
Speaker 7: I would say between the tackles, I feel like that's the most part that in this game. I always been there, especially with the type of bill that I have, especially with my running style. But I would say between the tackles, man, guys are more meaty, guys are faster, quicker, stronger, you know, smarter, you know.
Speaker 6: Just a little bit of everything. You know.
Speaker 7: So after year one I knew going to year two that's one thing that I need to harp on. And like we said earlier, twenty five or.
Speaker 4: Either well and it's no look, old lineman love nothing more than a running back who doesn't go down in first context. Yes, right, I mean the old lineman watch good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they want to see you actually stoke it. There's no doubt about that. Let me ask you this here. Are you good at blitz peckoff? Do you think you're good at blitz peckoff? Because you know, I've heard some coaches actually compliment you on this. Do you think you're good picking up a blitzing linebacker or blitzing defender. Do you think you're good at it? I feel like I'm great at it. Really, Yes, you feel like I love that?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And that to me is for anyone that's listening right now, it's one of the most beautiful parts of the game. You're sitting there, you're protecting your quarterback and here comes a blitzing linebacker and you just strike the dude right the boom, check them up a little bit right there. It's a way to get back at some of these linebackers who think they're just going to run you over. It's one of my favorite things that used to be one of my favorite things to do back when I played to actually do it, and it takes a mindset and a mentality, as Paul was talking about it earlier, doesn't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And talk about some of the linebackers in there. You got a Fred Warner right a couple of weeks ago, mad you get Bobby Wagner this week. I mean, talk about that sort of matchup. When you're going into those sort of games, I mean, you tell us, I mean, how do you prepare for that aspect of the game.
Speaker 7: I gotta be on point those guys, you know, they're they're big names for a reason, you know, And uh, I feel like I'm also a big name for a reason. So uh, I feel like it's for bragging rights to sit on the couch one day being and tell my kids, Man, I played against these guys and yeah, I actually went in there and dominated, you know, But ultimately I want to get a win, you know. But man, it's it's bigger than that. Man, it's about winning. Uh, it's about doing it for your brother, something that you wouldn't want to do since she was a kid, you know. So Uh, to go out there and complete the mission, I feel like that's the thrill that everybody wants to seek.
Speaker 4: You know, so well, your your head coach, I mean from day one has been bullish on you and your skill set. And here's what he said recently on what you bring to the offense.
Speaker 8: Kant ingram, elusiveness, power, does the right thing, doesn't turn it over, good ball security, and can hit home runs.
Speaker 4: And all you have to do Wolf is go ahead and google up some of his high school hoighlights to realize he's been doing this for a while.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you take us back.
Speaker 4: At what point, At what point were you identified as Okay, you know what this young man has potential in the game of football. You must have been pretty darn young, because hey, you have like nine siblings, right, and you have some older brothers who make quite a name. So you have a lineage in your family, right. Yeah, so it wasn't exactly a shock. There were probably eyes on you when you were fairly young. Yeah, so tell us about that life, because how big was your town? This is Wolfe's other favorite questions.
Speaker 1: As you take no answer.
Speaker 5: Ten thousand, ten thousand, Carthage, Texas, Yes, far East Texas.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what's life like in Carthage?
Speaker 6: Small country town?
Speaker 7: Everybody knows everybody, Everybody looks at everybody.
Speaker 1: You know. I love that, man.
Speaker 6: I remember my mom had three jobs.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 7: My cousin is right beside me. She cooked for everybody, and she should have eight to nine kids.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: So I come from a big family, small city, the country town. Uh, small city kid with big dreams, you know.
Speaker 5: So you know, Keante, Do you want to Yeah? No, that's very cool. Go ahead, applause especially from yeah yeah, from my oil course. But are you more country than anything else?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 5: I mean, do you want to? Would you retire? Would you move back to a small town when you're all done with everything.
Speaker 7: I'm definitely a slow pace guy, you are. I've been thinking about it, you know. I want to raise my kids. I want to have my own land, own animals. I love that I've started off there, you know, so I kind of want my kids to get a little bit there. So I could definitely see myself there, you know.
Speaker 4: So our Jim O'bhunter did a little research via the web. The city of Carthage is also known I guess it's oil country. It's known as the gas capital of the United States, and it also has a moniker is the friendliest spot in the world, really okay, And it's home to the world famous Texas Country Music Hall of Fame. And you guys play some pretty good high.
Speaker 1: School football there.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: So do you ever have that conversation with Kyler? Because he got three state titles? And how mean did you get?
Speaker 1: I got two, posted three, supposed to get three. Yeah, but you guys got all banged up? What your sophomore year?
Speaker 6: Sophomore?
Speaker 1: So ca'antell you.
Speaker 5: One of the things a lot of people don't know about Paul Calvici is Paul He's actually a pretty good line dancer.
Speaker 1: He's into the line dancing. Where's the line Detective.
Speaker 5: Paul White's putting on on that on a Saturday night, Paul will put the boots on the lizards boots and I'll throw a little toe top and stuff like that. Where Where would he go in Carthage? Carthage? If he wanted to go, where would he go? I think that'd be hard.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of boots out there and a lot of fish and.
Speaker 1: Pos Is that right? So there's not a place. I don't think there's there's not a place on a Saturday night. Okay, there you go. See Wolf?
Speaker 4: Is that guy that in Texas? You know, the saying the guy they call all hat no cattle?
Speaker 1: That's Wolf?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's you know, just I mean, the closest I've come to that whole scene is watching Friday night lights.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the closest I've come to it. How close?
Speaker 4: How close was your life as a high school football player to Friday night lights and just the whole town shutting down? And you must have been a megastar, is like a first team All American? What was life like for you just going around town?
Speaker 6: Man? Uh?
Speaker 7: It gets tough at times, you know, sometimes they'd get annoying, but uh, it comes with the territory, you know. Uh, my life was like a movie man, the small country town. Man, everybody pull it up to the game just to see that opportunity, and that's what the town.
Speaker 6: Looks for, you know.
Speaker 7: So yeah, man, something I can remember something that I cherished. I come from winning state championships, you know, and uh, three days later we'll be back in the indoor getting it in, you know. And that's something that we just take pride in. Obviously. It's instilled in this early and like I said many times, man, Texas football is a religion.
Speaker 1: Man. That's that's awesome. That's really cool.
Speaker 4: It's really cool. I mean I think it's a press. I can only imagine the pressure. I mean, you're like sixteen and the locals are expecting a state championship to do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, man, it's a lot of pressure. But uh, that's what we live for, man.
Speaker 6: That's what the three of us.
Speaker 7: We're still close with your high school coach, yes, sir, Okay, so I thought that my running back coach almost every Okay, I love Thatow, that's great.
Speaker 1: It's really cool. That's really cool. You know.
Speaker 4: So just don't let Wolf, you know, talk to you about his fantasy football team.
Speaker 1: Okay, you got enough of that in high school.
Speaker 4: Guys telling you, you know, two touchdowns, you know that kind of stuff there, So no, it's really interesting. I mean, he was a phenomenal high school football player over five thousand yards rushing seventy six touchdowns. Like I said, first team All American. I will continue with Keante Ingram. It's the big red rage is that of a sand Tanford and Gilbert Lye from Trophy and Chandler located on Queen Creek Road between Price and Dobson.
Speaker 3: Got to throw Murray in trouble, spins out of there to his left, being chased by two Vikings, and launches.
Speaker 10: A deep, wide open near side of the forties Londel.
Speaker 3: Moore copp heap a thirty PA twenty at the fifteen to ten five touchdown.
Speaker 1: Kyler Murray, you are ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Murray matticks seventy seven yard touchdown.
Speaker 4: Past ninety nine point nine.
Speaker 1: Percent of the quarterbacks on the planet gets sacked.
Speaker 10: But not only does Kyler Murray not get sacked, here throws a touchdown.
Speaker 5: Nasty is as Nasty does, and we all know that Kyler Murray is nasty.
Speaker 3: The stuff you see in dreams and in video games, but not in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Whoa was that Rondale Moore's seventy seven yard grab after Kyler made the play to get away? Find the open man passionable needle like a commercial break right there, just to catch their breath after that play that highlight from the arsenal at Kyler Murray and guess what start the clock tick talk. Kyler Murray has been activated off pop. He's back at practice, So get ready for the whole comfort the arm, stay for the legs dynamic. The franchise quarterback is on his way back, and we are back in the Big Red Rage with running back key on to Ingram Here at Trophy in Chandler located on Queen Creek Road between Price and Dobson. The Big Red Rage presented by Santan Ford and Gilbert. All Right, we got a little bit of a look at Kyler Murray. What Michael Wilson told me this week that you know what, instead of grabbing some gatorade or some water on the sideline, instead he diverted his attention towards watching K.
Speaker 1: One because he wanted to see what Kyler is all about. Do you look like in practice this week? Man?
Speaker 6: K One?
Speaker 1: You know he is singular in a lot of ways, isn't he? Nah?
Speaker 6: He is Man, he is the rookie running back.
Speaker 7: Imari asked me about him, Man, and like I told him, Man, I never getting my first day lit. Yes last year when he was throwing to aj Green, Man, it was the first snap OTAs Man. He died right in the tight window between booda bac and I was like, holy smokes, man, this got a real deal, you know. So he came back in yesterday, Man, and.
Speaker 6: He's k one. Man, He's k one.
Speaker 5: So like in regard to running some reps with the offense, I would imagine he went out there, they put him under the center, and they put him in the shotgun, and they put him in the pistol, whatever it may be. How did he seem to be doing mentally in regard to the plays and the schemes. Did he seemed like he had mastered the offense? Or is he still working on it?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 7: K one is an overachievement Man. He steps in the building, Man, he takes pride in it.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: So as soon as he came up in the offense. He's making out of booze. He's seen guys in motion. He's tending guys to cheat up on the ball. Make sure you know we all sit in the line, you know. And uh, that's just how he goes about business.
Speaker 1: Man. He let's make it checks. That's you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was man, he was Well, here's there was a video the Cardinals tweeted out here he is walking out to the practice field and he had something to say to the camera.
Speaker 6: But he told me, it's a big day, bro.
Speaker 5: But I mean it feels kind of normal.
Speaker 1: Well then it's a little long journey, you bet.
Speaker 6: I don't know how many days it's.
Speaker 1: Been, but long it's out.
Speaker 4: Look, it's his fifth year in the NFL. Yeah, he's already been a two Pro Bowls. Yeah, he was the Offensive Rookie of the Year. He's a Heisman winner. So he's been there and done that. This is the first major injury of his career. So obviously there's all that. But then we were standing in front of the locker of Hollywood Brown and we had to ask him because, as you know, they're best friends and they've been around each other a long time. Nobody knows Kyler better than Hollywood Brown, and they're tight. And so you know, we just asked Tyler Brown some of the new guys on the roster. There's a lot of new guys on this roster. No team has more new players than the Arizona Cardinals in twenty twenty three. So they're seeing Kyler Murray up front for the first time, and Okay, what are they about to find out? Here's Hollywood Brown on that.
Speaker 11: I think they all know he not coming back to just be average. He coming back to prove a point. And I think they'll realizing very quickly.
Speaker 4: What do you think that point is.
Speaker 11: That he won the best quarterbacks in the league and that he's a winner. So that's what you want to show.
Speaker 4: He's deadly serious about not just coming back, but proving that point and really putting his bets on display, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, man, he is. Man's that's k one though.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: His track records speak for hisself. Man, he doing what he do in MLB, him winning the Heisman, him going first overall. Man, that caliber guy he walks with that you know, you can tell how he walks in the building. I mean, he's the only guy that you know. I ain't gonna say to us, but I love him. But yeah, man, that's just how you go about business. Hall jokes aside. Man, that's k one man. He's the leader.
Speaker 5: I have to tell you, Ken, I tell you right now, I cannot wait to see Kyler Murray in this kind of offense going forward, because once again, he's wildly talented.
Speaker 1: We know that.
Speaker 5: It's just my belief Conte to some degree, he's got to expand and evolve his game from under center so much of the time. And it doesn't always have to be that. He doesn't have to take forty snaps a game under center, but that, to me, I think is where he can grow his game the most. And I'm really excited to see if he embraces that. What do you think about that in terms of getting under center a little bit more for Kyler and growing that offense and evolving his game.
Speaker 1: I feel like that.
Speaker 7: Would be great for him, man, not just for him, but for the whole team. Man, him drop backing, can't nobody tackle him in open space? Him led leverage on the defense. I feel like that's gonna put this office in a great situation.
Speaker 1: You know, so it's not just that too County.
Speaker 5: It's also for me sometimes a quarterback just hand the ball off. Just know you're going to be able to hand the ball off. You're gonna call a play where he's not reading anything.
Speaker 1: Hand the ball off. I think that's big.
Speaker 5: That gives a quarterback a break every now and then to just say mentally, I'm gonna just hand the ball off. I'm not going to read anything on this play. We're gonna call the play, we're gonna line up in the formation, and we're gonna run the play. I think that that's important for a quarterback to actually get that kind of contrast in a game, because so much of the time the quarterback, as you well know, he's always making a play. He's always reading something. He's always looking it's A or it's B, or it's c's sometimes even he's always thinking. I think it's nice to just call a play, run the play, and just know you're gonna hand the ball off. I think that gives a quarterback a break every now and then.
Speaker 1: What do you think about that? Oh?
Speaker 6: Man, I love it.
Speaker 7: Espeisihally you guys six and thirty bag bear, you know, but that's what we take pride in man, take pressure off him. Man, it's not easy being a quarterback.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 7: It's a lot of stress on you. Yes, a lot of people don't understand. Sometimes the ride receiver run the wrong route. You see the ball just go to this open space and most of the time it'd be the robe receiver.
Speaker 6: But who takes the blame?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 7: So I feel like this would be good for him, less stress on him, more stress on us.
Speaker 6: So yes, win win, win, win.
Speaker 4: Here's what's intriguing, and we'll touched on it. He's run the spread, the air raid, whatever you want to call it. He's operated out of the gun his whole life. Yeah, high school, college, Lincoln, Riley, Cliff Kingsbury. So think about this, our Craig GRIERLU did a little crunching of the numbers. So eighty five times in his four year career he's been under center. Do you know in six games Josh Dobbs has been under center already one hundred.
Speaker 1: And thirteen times.
Speaker 4: So think about just it's gonna be different, and I think that's part of the intrigue. All right, what does Kyler look like? You know what the skill set?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: When's it gonna be healthy and what's it going to look like in this offense? Okay, so, and look, Josh Dobbs has shined at times in this offense. I'm very sure noticed didn't get a single preseason snap, wasn't even in training camp. Now, last couple of games there's been a handful of plays obviously have diminished his performance. But weeks two through four he really was on the rise and ascending. And and here's what Josh Dobbs talked about this week in terms of what he's learned recently.
Speaker 12: We can't let it eat at you, but you do have to let it motivate you and make sure that when those opportunities are there again, you know, you don't get sneaked in by the by the same mistake. So I've recognized that, man, and you know we're on to next week, next opportunity, you know, with that knowledge in my back pocket, and you know will help us execute once those opportunities come back around.
Speaker 4: Like a true professionally took all the blame, a lot of it probably wasn't his fault after the game, But what is what does Josh Dobbs look like? What does he sounded like a practice this week man.
Speaker 7: Uh leader Uh Josh Dobbs. Man, he's a different kind of guy, you know. Obviously he's in the astronaut where I'm not too big on it and i don't know too much about it, so I'm not gonna.
Speaker 1: Dig, you know.
Speaker 7: But man, that's the expectation when you play that role, you know, expect to win the games in your hands. Everybody's looking at you. Uh, you calling in the play you fill the playout man. So of course when things don't go your way, you're gonna put that on your shoulders. But obviously not Man, it's eleven guys on the field.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna take part of that blame in it.
Speaker 7: Holly is Rondalez, you know, And that's just the expectation of the team.
Speaker 1: Sorry. Body.
Speaker 4: Your high school career sort of Chris crossed with Kyler Murray, did it, weren't you guys sort of the same era of high school ball. Do you remember Kyler is a Texas legend When you were playing.
Speaker 7: Yeah I do. I was a freshman. Kyler was singing, so caught the tail in.
Speaker 4: Yeah you remember that because a lot of the historians in Texas high school football consider him the best ever play high school football in the state.
Speaker 1: Okay, but that's quite a statement, that is its true. Yeah, there you go. That's a quarterback ball.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're just quarterback Okay, a little bit different.
Speaker 1: Single game tickets on sale.
Speaker 4: I got to Easycardinals dot com slash buy tickets to secure your seats today. See, you know, wolf puts quarterbacks same categories like punters and kickers. He thinks that, you know, like specialists. You know, I mean, if you didn't run down and throw yourself one hundred miles an hour into another man, apparently you were playing football, ron Wolfle, Is that what you're saying. We'll talk about playing the steak ops.
Speaker 1: Dude, come back on the bigger end range with Ingram.
Speaker 10: Put the Bakers come out to get a hand on boot A Baker put the Baker's a man who to Baker man man? Put the Baker's a man. After watch that's a running and hit and everything.
Speaker 13: I was with the Patriots at the time, and Buddha came in. We interviewed Booda at the Combine for our our twenty minute interview. After the end of that twenty minute interview, I think I was ready to run through a brick wall for Buddha Baker, and Buddha Baker represents everything that we want this organization to be and I am excited to be on a team with him.
Speaker 4: You just heard from a couple of decision makers in the NFL. That's Maniassa Bord, the Cardinals new GM.
Speaker 1: He shared a.
Speaker 4: Story of the draft combine once upon a time when he was with a different team, but Buddha came in and this sort of impression he made as a football player and as a young man in that room and before that that was actual NFL films audio. Mike Tomlin, the legendary Steelers head coach, miked up and his reaction as Buddha Baker was dominating a game. So even Mike Tomlin was raving about Buddha Baker. As we say, all right, wrapping up this edition to the Big Red Rage with Keanta Ingram, Cardinals running back, presented by santan Ford and Gilbert We are santan Ford live from Trophy in Chandler, located on Queen Creek Road between Price and Dobson. So we don't want to bury the lead on defense because Buddha is the heartbeat of the d in so many different ways?
Speaker 1: Would he look like in practice this week?
Speaker 7: Keante oh Man speaking of Buddha, Man, he kind of hit Corey cleaning today.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: That's good, yeah, man, But Buddha's looking like Buddha. Man.
Speaker 7: He was jumping, he was running, he was yelling in the locker room. You know, so, but it's good to have. But it's good.
Speaker 5: What do you think is Buddha Baker's best attribute? Because there's a lot of them there. There are a lot of things you could point to and say, Buddha does this so well.
Speaker 1: But if you had to pick one, what would that be? Key?
Speaker 7: I think I would say his mindset, man like fearless, Like that look guy like I never seen somebody so fearless.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: Just play with his heart man, just fearless man.
Speaker 1: At Seattle two years ago, three years ago.
Speaker 4: He knocked out two running backs, Yes, two Seattle running backs from hits from Buddha Baker that quote little guy right, Yeah, never came back.
Speaker 1: Into the game.
Speaker 4: And look, he's from Seattle area. He went to U dub. When he was in Washington, he was training with Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas and the legend of Boom so this he circles this game every single year on his calendar. He's going back home, he's taking you know, he's going there and we all know about the environment. In fact, here's Josh Dobbs just talking about Seattle and going to play in front of the twelves.
Speaker 12: We're going into a hostile environment. It's my first time going up there, so taking a new stadium. But I've heard stories about the twelve man and no and I've seen their impact on that they can have in a game from afar so and then we're playing a really good team on.
Speaker 1: Top of that. So it's going to take everything out.
Speaker 12: Of me to prepare to play really well on Sunday. Hold the guys accountable man and go out and let it it.
Speaker 4: So he made your NFL debut Week six at Seattle last year. What would you tell a rookie like Amri de Mercado about the environment and just what you're going into.
Speaker 1: Just be you his football.
Speaker 7: At the end of the day, it's always going to be people in this man, and the expectations will always be the you know, so uh, just going there and BEU man and just play the.
Speaker 1: Game, you know.
Speaker 5: Buddha Baker is one of those guys too. I have to say this because you know this Kante from playing in the league and playing organized football of course at a.
Speaker 1: Very high level in college.
Speaker 5: But there are certain guys that walk out onto the field that as soon as they step in between those white lines, they make other people around them better.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 5: Buddha Baker is one of those guys because if you watch I know it's seriously, it's the truth. If you watch Buddha Baker play with the abandon that he plays the game, the physicality in which he plays the game, if you're not doing it, what's your problem? He immediately just by watching him play, he immediately challenges every guy on that sideline, whether it's offense, whether it's defense, or your special teams, whatever it may be. He challenges you, as a man, what are you doing? If you're not playing like Buddha's playing? Why why aren't you?
Speaker 1: That's and that's.
Speaker 5: Why he makes everyone else around him better.
Speaker 1: And there are rare guys that do that. Paul is one of them.
Speaker 4: All Right, let's talk about that Seattle defense you're going up against.
Speaker 1: Real quick.
Speaker 4: They are top five this year most run defense categories. A year ago, they are abysmal for the most part. So where's the improvement and what do you think the challenge is this week?
Speaker 7: The challenge is this week, of course gonna be in the run game man, balance offense.
Speaker 6: You got Seaattle defense.
Speaker 7: Of course, you got Bobby over there, now he got Brooks, you got Quandary back there. He got some good healthy feelers on the d line, you know. But the expectation is going over there and just dominate, man, Just be us statistically, I would.
Speaker 6: Numbers speak for their sieves too.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: Of course, we just gonna say anybody just gonna run over, you know, so just go over there and just play our game man, communicating and just insecute, you.
Speaker 5: Know when you watch them on tape as well, Bobby Wagner of course, in Jordan Brooks. That to me, I think is the strength of that defense right there, those two guys that are inside linebackers.
Speaker 1: What they do is they shut down the run.
Speaker 5: They do an excellent job of shutting down the run, and then they get after a quarterback. They're number eight in sacks per attempt this year, Paully. They're elite when it comes to shutting down the run and a lot of that has to do with Bobby Wagner and Jordan Brooks, those two guys, and they will bring them on blitzes as well. They will rush the passer. Bobby Wagner is tied with Jordan Brooks for the number two spot, tied for number two in terms of sacks on the team. Bobby Wagner and Jordan Brooks. They bring those inside guys.
Speaker 4: Speaking of sacks, once upon a time, Kalais Campbell had a three sack first half in Seattle. And I bring that up because the long time host of this very show, The Big Red Rage, just achieved his one hundredth career sack. Yes, forty one guys in NFL history have done that, Kalais, and he donated over one hundred thousand dollars as part of that to teachers in all the cities in which he has played football.
Speaker 1: So I mean, think you all that thing.
Speaker 5: The only thing bigger than Khalis Campbell is his heart. Yes, period, no doubt about it.
Speaker 4: Kanty Ingram, we really enjoyed it. Best of luck in Seattle.
Speaker 1: Thank thanks, Chante. Appreciate you, buddy, thank you.
Speaker 4: I love the fact too that the twelves in the environment it doesn't phase you for a minute.
Speaker 1: I mean, you've been playing in the.
Speaker 4: Cowboys stadium since you're like fifteen years old, so.
Speaker 1: You're like whatever, you grew up in curfage exactly. Forget the twelve special.
Speaker 4: Thanks as always a gym on the Hunter, Cody Fincher, Jackson Zuber Wald.
Speaker 1: Ellis, Lawrence Ellis.
Speaker 4: We are alive from Trophy and Chandler every Thursday night. Located on Queen Creek Road between Price and Dobson, bron Wolfield Haul GALVIYC.
Speaker 1: Thanks again at kyant Ingram.
Speaker 4: On the Big Red Rage visited by santan Ford in Gilbert.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Big Red Rage presented by santan Ford and Gilbert right on the Price right on the corner of the Santan two two Freeway in val Vista. The Rage is brought to you by seat Geek your Ticket to Great Seats and by Arizona Cardinals Podcast. Visit Azycardinals dot com slash podcast. This has been an exclusive presentation of the Arizona Cardinals football Club