Speaker 1: H e.
Speaker 2: Fox Entertainment pleasent oh Rick Buger's show with Speeding Greg Butchers, Andy Van and Rick Butchers.
Speaker 3: Are you ready America for another Rick Burgess show?
Speaker 1: Firing in on.
Speaker 3: The text Nation, letting us know that you're ready, sang on Here a lot to do on the program today.
Speaker 1: Noby is ready, Mississippi.
Speaker 3: Ready, Greg Bonham leather Wood said, thanks for bringing us in the roundabout.
Speaker 1: Ready, I've heard of me.
Speaker 3: Big Mike is ready, Master Sergeant Mafia ready.
Speaker 1: Nate, He's ready in Oklahoma. Orange Beach is ready.
Speaker 4: Hello, Andy Andrews in the game.
Speaker 3: The lady at Bunky's with the Moltary camera, She's ready. Brek involved in Mississippi. Baby Speedy is ready. Read the Troopers are ready. I'm Ridian is ready. Titusville, Pennsylvania Ready, Carbon Hill, Alabama.
Speaker 4: Everybody, let's go.
Speaker 1: And they continue to roll in. Thank you for letting us know you're with us. Box seats will fill today another Burgess ball battle. Those hard to get and sought after Vox seats will be full again today. Uh and we look forward to to seeing all of you. Got actually a question and hey Bird, hey Burge about Vox seats today. Speedy. I don't want to get out ahead of your update. But there is a new pope, Yes there is. And history was made yesterday. It was history was made. White smoke came out. Speedy was running, speedy, running all through the halls here streaming white smoke, white smoke. Update, white smoke. Why you look white? One other es system was going off.
Speaker 5: It was like breaking news, and and the phone was like notification, notification, notification, notification, notification.
Speaker 1: Yeah, notification smoked, white smoke, white smoke.
Speaker 4: And no hoplification of publification.
Speaker 1: There's nothing that I know is any more that makes Catholic people in our audience any more nervous than a bunch of Protestants.
Speaker 5: And now try to break this down on Yeah, we want it's not our thing. It's not our thing. Greg's been doing that.
Speaker 1: We don't know, We don't know all the ins and out, so watch us. We try to be as sensitive as we can, because you know that's our nature. Yeah. I got a couple of ways, but Greg, no, okay, but do I have this right? This is the first time in two hundred and something years that we have an American pope. Do I have that right? One that is correct, Yes, that is correct. First time ever. Let me ask you this south side of Chicago, pope, that's kind of odd. How about that?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, he he's been in Peru for a while. But yeah, but he was born in south Side.
Speaker 1: That means that he like he knows about suffering because he probably was a white Sox fan. Oh oh, that's why he get started bird. Yeah, that's not bad right there. Let me ask you this, it's not bad. Did so Leo is did he take the name? You know, they need to have their name or they picked one. He went with fourteenth? Yeah, but his real name is what uh it's Robert Prevost. Okay, Robert doesn't provost. You know what have you seen? He r e v O s T pre vost pre vost.
Speaker 4: Yes, he could provost like a provost office this whole time.
Speaker 5: Now they they have the option of whether to take the name or not. Right lord, yea, Lord help us right now. Because of his stance on a lot of the social issues and stuff, he wanted the name of Leo the thirteenth because they were kind of similar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of what he stood for, Greg, would you have pict Leo? That's cool name? Is it the coolest available. I had to run the pope name and see. But I like Leo, it is easy to say, are you? Everybody can pronounce it. I know that this is this is debatable.
Speaker 5: And if everybody is upset about that email Greg because he's the one that takes these theological emails, I know it's I know it's debatable. But in in Catholicism, Peter is considered to be the first pope.
Speaker 1: Can you grab his name? A lot of pressure? I mean, do they do that? Is that off limits? I'm wondering, like, you may not be an option. You can't be Peter Peter. I certainly wouldn't be that. I would, yeah, but but I mean, I mean, I'm sorry, I just the the respect for that that man though, did Jesus disciple of the Apostles you live up?
Speaker 4: But he's a young pope. Sixty sixty nine.
Speaker 1: That's young, that's young or very young. Yeah, we'll see. I would, I would try to go younger. I know you don't want aybody to be young and dumb, But if I was in the world of maybe in the fifties, let's get somebody in the fifties, because we keep.
Speaker 5: Having to replace him, you know, a lot of what I was hearing is sometimes that's a mark against you if you're too young.
Speaker 1: But I didn't say too young.
Speaker 5: In the fifties though, Yeah, okay, because the one you had talked about from Jerusalem or whatever, he would think he was in his upper fifties, and they said that's kind of mark against him.
Speaker 1: There some of some of my Catholic contacts politically, not politically, I guess that's the wrong word, even though it would be political. They wanted to go a little harder, more back to the right than Leo.
Speaker 5: They didn't think Leo was feign They think he's still a little too much like Francis he is.
Speaker 4: He's not as bad buddy he is. He's more liberal. But people are even saying that this was a this was a liberal compromise, Like he's he's more conservative conservative than the liberals wanted, so it was a liberal compromise.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, I don't.
Speaker 4: Why do the conservatives always have to compromise And when the liberals bend a little they call it a liberal compromise.
Speaker 1: Because if if if the left, the people that are all loving and all caring, uh and all accepting, if they don't get their way. They're really mean.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's true.
Speaker 2: I see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they're the kid that rolls around and flops and and you sometimes you have to be willing to walk off and leave him there. But too many people go over there and pick him up and give him a sucker. Yeah. Yeah, Greg, I'm off and running today on is it? I'm out of the chute now.
Speaker 5: Leo the fourteenth he took the name of Leo the thirteenth, like we just talked about, he was an Italian pope led the church from eighteen seventy eight to nineteen oh three, and he liked his stance on what he did with the church. He addressed workers' rights and capitalism, and he was Leo. He was focused on social aspects. And will we say Leo's moderate?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Will we say moderate? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 1: What I've heard? Is that being kind?
Speaker 5: He's not as progressive as the progressives would like, and he's not as conservatives as the conservatives would like, so he kind of lands somewhere in the Middleka.
Speaker 1: Conservative, gotcha, you got hung up?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just trying to hurry up. I'm losing your attentions. You got your hand on your chin ready to attack, So I'm trying to hurry.
Speaker 1: Listen what we just looked at on video? I thought was that. Okay, you remember so.
Speaker 4: It's five in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great point. Don't get me started textures on that because I'm I'm I'm gonna try to stay out of pope trouble today if I can. Uh, I got my questions, what is it? Well, now there's somebody just in it. To me, it's logical. I've never fully understood it. But I'm not Catholic and it's none of my business. But they were saying if the texture said, which is logical, I texted it. Well, I'm saying I know that I can look at the scriptures and agree with them because I know what they're saying is true. It seems odd that if they the Catholic Church believes that Peter was the beginning, he had a wife. Mm hm. So if that's the standard, why was that standard changed? There's no wife thing. God, Yeah, but y'all made a big mistake on that one. Yes, there I went.
Speaker 5: That was like I within sixty seconds, that's none of my business. I mean, that's that's the all's business. Now he is I think the first pope have an X account. That's kind of neat.
Speaker 1: That's funny, first American and first having an X account.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, And so that's why some of them say that he's been critical a little bit of the administration because of.
Speaker 1: A post he or reposted.
Speaker 5: He he oh, no, please tell me Trump's not gonna trash him, because if he said anything Trump, Trump.
Speaker 1: Will no, no, no, something that JD. Advance did. Now, if he does say something negative about Trump, he'll hear it. But I did hear Trump, and I was a nervous wreck because you know, when somebody asked him how he felt about having, you know, an American as the pope, and he said, it's an honor for our country. So you yeah, because you never know when that question went out to him, I just said that I started, I start turning up the radio.
Speaker 5: So evident of this Pope hasn't yet been critical of Trump, or he wouldn't have got that that is correct. But just just look one thing that's not going to be popular here. I think it's just stands on immigration, the same.
Speaker 1: Kind of last one.
Speaker 4: Yet the Vatican has walls, big one.
Speaker 1: You and loves heal the Vatican, very very secure. Yeah, all right, I see everybody saying that we got a new pope quicker than Shade or Sanders was drafted. That's a crew. It's for votes now. That's all good. That's really good. We'll be back.
Speaker 2: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, let's talk about real talk here. Have you just realized Mother's days right around the corner and you don't have anything yet? Don't panic? I got you. Instead of the usual flowers or last minute Amazon panic by give your wife something that actually feeds her soul. A ticket to share the arrows with Blaze Media's on Ali, Beth Stuckey and Alan Texas on October the eleventh. She will have a wonderful time. Not just an event. It's a powerful, faith filled experience where women can come together to be encourage, equipped, and reminded of their purpose as wives, moms, and daughters of the one and only living God. And let's be honest, she carries a lot. There's a chance for her to be poured into for once because she's always emptying herself. This year's lineup is fantastic. Ginger Douggar will be there. Alissa Childers Shawna Hollman Taylor Duke's Katie Fast Worship by the amazing Francesca Battistilly. It's gonna be a powerful weekend that your wife will not want to miss. Now the ticket is going to go fast, so go to share the Arrows dot com. Grab your tickets now Share the Arrows dot com. Because nothing says I appreciate you quite like giving her a weekend filled with worship and community.
Speaker 2: Bloodcasting from the world the Rick Virtues Show.
Speaker 1: Here we're back. Thanks. So right out of the gates we update you on we have the Catholics all over what is it? The word it was? It was it was billion something billion, one point four billion, one point four billion Catholic folk all over the world. So uh, lot new pope and and it's an American. So there you go. Uh and got that update for you, speedy. Thank you for keeping us updated on that too. Man. It was like it was like live from the Vatican. So some other things we need to discuss today and we'll get to it, uh a little bit later. Uh, but you know I was on the road yesterday. Road here we go. Are you ready for this? Girl?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: We won't get into let's let's push it. I'll update you before you know it. His shoulder was hurting halfway there. Uh yeah, I had and Andrew couldn't do a speech learned. I did not expect to go to our home county of Calhoun County, which I've heard reference many times here. Uh even in the Bible study when I'm going to break something down, what do I say? Now, let me go Calhoun County here and try to break this down for you. But uh, it is a it's a place. You know that. Really when you look at Cavin County, Alabama, You've got Greg, You've got me, you got Bubba all raised there, you got Speedy, went to college there, stayed there, a lot on the playhouse. That's that's where the playhouse was going. So so there's a lot there. One thing I did not expect me put it on, that did not expect list is that I would spend a pretty good portion of my time at the actual event talking about bison farming. Okay, didn't see that coming. That's my bison farming. You're buffalo. Didn't see that coming. I couldn't of all the things, if you'd have told me that, I would be discussing and and you learn anything I did, I learned a lot. It's a weird looking animal. It is. Didn't know. We didn't know we farmed bison. And there's a there's a few. There was one they were there, but a small business.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: And they've been doing bison for a long time. We're talking about bison.
Speaker 9: Me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had to ask, so y'all made bison work. And they're like, oh yeah, big fans of the show, thank you, all right, you know, and they I want to go look at the bison. Do you know that one time all the bison got out And he said, I didn't know what I was going to be able to do to get them back in. They were the roaming all over Cavin Can come through the woods and Deersey. He said he heard us back in the Rick and Bubba days. He said, my bison were out, oh boy. And I heard y'all do a story that someone had killed a buffalo in Georgia with a bow. And I was like, oh about pulling back and actually letting it go. And he said, he said, when I showed up, I expected to see four wheelers, camo hunters everywhere out there trying to take out the buffalo, and he said, and we almost got to the point that I called for that. It was a wow. Didn't story well, but it was it was.
Speaker 5: I tell you this, we know about the Yellowstone Bison, how it'll do when you try to a picture. Besides, I don't know if the Alabama Bison act that way. Now do you know that they just had a new calfburn how about that? But I know that his name was Billy. I held the line up a little Billy the bike. You know, boxing talk. It's not short. Okay, there's a lot of follow up questions. There's a lot to cut back O going. Yeah, I got into a bison debate with Terry. Really there's two bison as you're going into Nashville over to the right. They've been there forever. If somebody's got.
Speaker 1: Them, I don't know.
Speaker 5: And when we went up, when jac went up to Nashville here recently to play, we passed them. I'm like, oh, look at that. She claimed, Oh they you didn't know that. They just that's probably news that that's not bison. And I'm like, it is bison forever. They've been here forever.
Speaker 1: They used to believe me on my way home. I used to pass and they even put up this big nice fence. You know, there's reinforced, and I would see them. And then now I don't see them anymore.
Speaker 5: I don't know if they got them on a different part of the past year, and I just can't see them where I go by. But I used to wave to the bison every day.
Speaker 1: This is not the bison farmer because that location wouldn't be right. This bison farmer has been going for twenty plus years now. And I even said, how many? How many? How many people want by? Some even even Ted Turner's restaurants. Do they it's Ted Turner's that was close to us? It's not there. Yeah, there's one in.
Speaker 4: It's a big old head.
Speaker 1: You get a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, big faced animal doing there?
Speaker 1: Get that? Gracious? Did you know that it's a husband and a wife?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: That he he was in a shoulder brace to that open that opened up shoulder talk. Now it was actually he said, I picked up a big old round what would you call a roll of fence? Oh?
Speaker 5: I think I'd go with attacked by bison, just because it's a better story.
Speaker 1: Can we call them buffalo? I know what?
Speaker 10: Why?
Speaker 4: What is it not the same thing.
Speaker 1: Why are we buffalo? Why not?
Speaker 4: I know there's the same thing.
Speaker 1: Why not? I kept saying buffalo.
Speaker 4: The buffalo is like the town on Buffalo.
Speaker 1: I wanted to say buffalo, and every time different. Every time I would say buffalo, he would revert me back to buy. I have to look it up. People are saying, we call him buffalo, we called him Bufalo is growing up.
Speaker 4: That's because it's the wrong thing.
Speaker 5: So that's saying saying that's that's wrong. Than why does Buffalo Wild Wings have a bison in their commercial?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, there you go. That's you're right, but it's not. It's not what it is.
Speaker 1: So what is a buffalo?
Speaker 4: Every picture of a buffalo I can find.
Speaker 1: You talk about the cape buffalo. Look, that's different. I know it looks like he's got his hair party.
Speaker 4: But then even even if I go yeah, even if I go yeah, it looks like they have their hair party. Even if I go here, there's your buffalo, there's your bison. Everything that we're thinking of, especially the Buffalo Wild Wings. Look, that is a bison.
Speaker 1: That's why he kept correcting me. You know, he kept he almost he stopped shy saying, you idiot, I don't. I don't farm cape buffalo, which is when the most dangerous animal was on.
Speaker 4: The planet, hippos and buffalo cape buffalo's they've got good pr because they kill a lot of people.
Speaker 1: They don't fall down. That's the question.
Speaker 5: Are buffalo and bison the same thing? Though the terms are often interchangeable, Buffalo and bison are distinct animals old world true buffalo, cape buffalo water buffalo are native of Africa and Asia. Bison are found in North America, and you're on it. Both bison and buffalo are in the I don't know what that word. He never once called there, but the two are not closely related.
Speaker 1: So I can't say buffalo. I've said buffalo my whole lot.
Speaker 4: I know it's not buffalo. And it's like we even have like where the buffalo roam all that we've always had.
Speaker 5: If you've got a mascots that are buffalos and some are bisons, like Colorado Schdorf Sanders ran behind a bison, they're the Colorado buffalo bisons.
Speaker 1: The buffalo, I don't get it. I don't know are they what is that not the bison? So really buffalo wild wings should be called should be called bison. They run bison out on the field.
Speaker 4: Yes, they run a bison out on the field while claiming to be the Colorado Buffalo.
Speaker 1: We've got real problems here, guys. This is we We made a big mistake and it is going to uncorrect. You're staying with buffalo. We now know that bison. Know how it feels to be an Indian because the Indian people got misnamed Indians and it's stuck and they couldn't get it off of it.
Speaker 4: It's an Indian all over.
Speaker 3: I think we can say both. I mean American English thing it says American English.
Speaker 5: Both buffalo and bison are considered correct terms for the American bison boom.
Speaker 1: However, boom.
Speaker 5: In British English, the word buffalo is reserved to the African buffalo.
Speaker 3: And in Britain's tell guys, every buffalo I find a picture of it, doesn't.
Speaker 1: Just greg read that one where you said both are exceptable.
Speaker 3: Both are except by the way text nations changeable. And I don't want to sound all up ay, but you know my people we called them tantung Oh oh good, no knock them.
Speaker 4: You said two different things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the rick Burgess Show, looted with catheine and ready for another hour. This is the rick Burgis Show.
Speaker 1: Burgess, small battle coming up. Box seats making their way in. Let me ask you a little something here. I bet you didn't know this fellas so brand new sponsor Our friends at Safe Step Walk in Tubs. Do you know where these are made? You just mentioned it? Tennessee, Tennessee the Buffalo Companies in Tennessee, tenn Tennessee. Do you have a family member or do you yourself need a walk in tub? If you have trouble getting in and out of the bathtub and you look, you're just waiting for your loved one or yourself for a slip or a fall. How many times we heard it? Oh, it's how many times we heard it, And we've heard it. It's a common tub and it leads a lot of times, as you said, to major injury. That's the problem, major injury. So why don't you end all that? And some people are saying, well, I guess I have to move. Now you have to move. Are our friends at Safe Step Walk in Tubs? They can transform any bathtub from an area of concern to a calming refuge. Oh, I'm settling in. I don't have to worry about getting in and out of this tub. I guess I can't take a bath anymore. You can now I want you to call them today. We're gonna save you sixteen hundred dollars called one eight hundred nine five six twelve twenty. You see, it's upset, Greg, Greg's so sorry. Nine five six one two two zero. Safe Steff walk in tubs designed to easily fit any existing tub space, typically installed in a day, said, you know it doesn't take forever. Called one eight hundred nine five six one two two zero. That's twelve twenty sixteen hundred dollars off. You can get a free no obligation consultation. There's also going to be a free shower package that'll be added as a gift. So find all the information and the phone number at rickburgesshow dot com under sponsors. All right, so we'll we'll talk a little bit about traveling yesterday and headed back headed back home. You know they say you can't go home? Who says? But I beg to differ. It was a great trip, Sherry, as you know, went with me as the King and Greg. I'll talk to you how we got there. But you were talking about this a little bit earlier, Speedy, and it's one of our stories day. And it's horrible because it's led to death and I hate that, but I think I just absolutely hate it. But I do think it's an opportunity here. And I hate this too that you know, we've got young people living in a time that some of the things that we did that was just innocent fun, you just can't do anymore. And even beyond this, I'm talking about there was a time when we lived in a different world that you can you could walk up on somebody's property. You could, you know, drop in unexpected you know, hey, I made a mistake, I'm on the wrong property, and not have your life on the line. But the bottom line is there's so much wickedness out there. People feel so unsafe now that you really are putting yourself in danger if you go on to the property of someone who doesn't know who you are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, especially in this case, you got to be careful because it was.
Speaker 1: Three am in the morning. Yeah, this is not wise. No, no, not at all. We have someone who is no longer with us, eighteen years old. Does everybody remember Ding dong ditch. Yeah, we do. Brought my anka one time. Doing that ding dong ditch not the thing to do. I mean, right now, you know, somebody says, hey, we're going to go roll somebody's yard. Well you might get killed. Yeah, it's not like it used to. It's not like And I do hate that, you know, you hate that someone has lost their life. And then I'm gonna go this far, even though they're not to blame because it's the middle of the night, people are afraid. But you have, of course affected a family's life. You've taken a life. And I would go as far as to say if I was the shooter, it would have a negative impact on my life. Yeah, I mean, this person's gonna have to deal with this as well. But the bottom line is we have in Virginia an eighteen year old playing ding dong ditch in the middle of the night. The homeowner opened fire and killed him because he was coming up.
Speaker 5: I guess to the door and yeah, there's three h there was three of them and homeowner is twenty seven. He told investigators that he believed the teens were trying to break into his home in the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: Which is not out of the possibility. He the Chase Tyler.
Speaker 5: Chase Butler has been arrested on charges of second degree murder, malicious wounding, and the use of a firearm UH in the commission of a felony in the death of Michael Bosworth Junior. I say wound because another person that was with UH, the teenager, a juvenile, was treated and released. Apparently he was he was either shot or wounded during it. The third party in all this was unharmed. But yeah, they were. They said that they were trying to record on TikTok their ding dong ditch tracks and uh that's where they you know, ring the people's doorbell and run away, and they were recording that for their TikTok.
Speaker 1: And and here's some important things from the teams that survived everything Speedy just told you. And then add this. And we were in an area we were not familiar with. So these people have never seen you in their area. You've never been in this area. Nobody knows you in this area. It's the middle of the night. Please, young people, this is just not smart. Really, what are you even doing out at eighteen years old at this time of night? Right? But anyway, you know, teenagers probably shouldn't be out at three am in the morning, but just everybody, if you have teenagers or you have people. Look, we did things that were fun. We didn't mean anybody any harm. Different world, but it's a different world now, and it's very dangerous to be walking up on anybody's property and messing with their door, messing with any entrance to the home in the middle of the night.
Speaker 5: People are are a little on edge now, and we'd have to hear from law enforcement. But I'm assuming the reason why the homeowner is being charged with all this and is in jail with no bond is because one of the juveniles stated that they had rang the doorbell and were running from the residence when he and his friend were shot at. So I'm assuming and I don't know, but if they're running away, yeah, coming instead of coming towards, is that why it was reckless to just start shooting because they were running away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they knocked on your door and they're leaving. But then again, I don't man, there's no winter in this, it's no well you go to this. I don't know the state of this twenty seven year old, And well, we'll let all that work out. But let's now add to the warning. Not only are people on edge, not only should you not be going up to people's doors in the middle of the night who don't know you all that. Of course, you know you have these ring cameras now they can be helpful. But if you see people on your porch and they don't identify themselves or they don't it's not someone you know, that's not going to be that's not gonna make you less scared. But also, I would say this now more than ever, you don't know the level headedness of someone's home now that you're approaching. Right, people are unpredictable. They're unpredictable on the outside of the home and they're unpredictable on the inside right of the home.
Speaker 3: There's just there's just no reason that the the the today's environment in the state of people.
Speaker 5: This is a really, really, really bad idea. Yeah, and look, let's ask just don't do it. Let's add to this too. This was a suburb of Washington, d C. Where crime is high. Now I don't know about this, this area might not be, but you got to you got to add that to it as well. Right, Yeah, and the three am thing that we've talked about.
Speaker 1: So nothing good happens after midnight. No, No, that was that was something all of our parents taught us, and and it was true. I mean, I'm trying to think, why, why in the world does anybody need to be out beyond midnight? For what reason? Right? I'm sure the times seemed like a good idea, right, But I mean, I've never anybody ever heard of a small group Bible study that was after midnight. You know, maybe not lock in, but at least they've locked you into the church, you know, running around. You know, we would try to.
Speaker 5: Be sharp and stay out all night and tell your parents I'm spending night somewhere, and you really wouldn't. But everybody else goes home and alsodden. You're there and there's nothing to do, and now you got to sleep in a car. It sounded better than it really was. We were trying to be sharp with a kid. Yeah, I always like to get my sleep.
Speaker 1: I hated when when we would all be like spending the night somewhere and everybody wanted to stay up all night. I was never a fan of that. I always felt miserable for a whole nother day. You're walking around feeling all weird the next so weird, so weird. I've never understood why that that's it desirable. So unfortunately it's led to someone's death. And you know, death is always troubling for obvious reasons, but when it's avoidable, that's when it really bothers. Yeah, you're like, boy, that could have been avoided. Were y'all more into ding dong ditching or rolling somebody's house ding dong ditch? Really it was a lot of trouble. It was we got to go get a toilet paper. We're he throwing around a lot. The ning Don ditch was we hit quick wear out. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: And you got to know where that ditch is though, Yeah you do, because if not, you'll go tumbling.
Speaker 1: Idea. It happens along too so dark, it's right rock so in the bottom, so dry. That's it. So there you go. We'll be back.
Speaker 3: There's a use this as a warning even though this is not having a happy ending at all, and it's still gonna affect lives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for a long time. We'll be back. More of the Rick Burgess Show coming up right.
Speaker 2: This this is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Well, I just talked about Blade TV. I mean, like, for instance, aren't you podcast Strange Encounters. If you're a subscriber, you're gonna get that before anybody else does. But there's incredible content all over Blaze TV. And now more than ever, you need this in your arsenal because you got to be real careful. Right now, you've got a second Trump term. You get excited, you see some things happening that excite you. The left looks like they're a bit chaotic, but the fight is never ever over. That's why Blaze TV exists. The world is full of noise, and we need a stronghold for bold voices, free thinkers, and fearless commentary that makes sense of the chaos. Now, Blaze TV they built a home for some of the strongest, smartest voices in conservative and conservative conservative media. I'm not passing out. I'm good, and people tell it like it is. I mean, you know, they're not afraid to ask a tough question, and they're not afraid to do investigative journalism, something we are just sadly missing now great documentaries that shed light on the deep state. And you can save yourself some money right now by subscribing and using our code Rick. Just go to check out and put r c K starts at just eight dollars a month, but you can get twenty dollars off an annual plan right now by going to BlazeTV dot com slash Rick subscribe to Blaze TV today, unfiltered, unafraid, and on demand.
Speaker 2: In a world that embraces mediocrity. They are three they the week which show here a right.
Speaker 1: We're back, thanks for being with us, Amarica. All right, let's do let's do a little bitsiness, let it a little business. Let's talk about some things you need to know. Okay, all right, so here here's some big dates for you. Uh if you're part of the Rick Burgers Show family, things you want to know this weekend. Here's how it works this weekend. This weekend, there'll be another episode of Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Gold. Another episode on that new podcast Wherever you get Podcasts will come out over the weekend. Also over the weekend, episode one of a brand new podcast. We'll talk about it maybe a little later in the program, Strange Encounters. This is a podcast that is going to really dive in and unpack spiritual warfare what does what? There is a supernatural you know world, But is it Bigfoot, is it space Aliens? Is it ghost? Is my mem all come back? Or or is it something much deeper in the Bible gives us clarity on that. So we start episode one wherever you get podcasts will drop this weekend. Adler and I knocked that out yesterday and we'll have ongoing episodes also this weekend. If you're in the Birmingham area, are you coming to town to watch the Birmingham Stallions. You can see Celebrate Mother's Day with Calvin Speedy Wilburn and the Birmingham Stallions on Sunday at Protective Life Stadium in the Land of one four to seven w ZZK. So that's stuff going on this weekend that you can be part of involving the show, either on location or in the podcast world. Of course, there's always a daily podcast of this show, always available five days a week, the entire show on the Rick Burgess Show podcast channel. All right, So next week, Tuesday, the thirteenth, that's the day that Men Don't Run in the Rain. The book will be available everywhere. Not sure about the audio versions if they'll be available that day or they'll start coming out as the days go forward, but it will be available including there'll be an option to get a signed copy for Father's Day. Okay, so our just have a sign copy if you want it. But so that'll all be happening on Tuesday. Next Wednesday, the fourteenth, we're on the road and we're live from the region's celebrity program. So it's it's active, active act. There's so much going on. Uh So just keep keep keep an eye on that. Uh And then also next week there's some things going on with the Manchurch dot Com. Andy Blanks will be in Lafayette, Louisiana. I'll be in Prattville, Alabama. You can check all those there too. And you know, so the next ten days, folks, I know.
Speaker 5: And then even after Regions, I mean, you'll be on Glenn back next week?
Speaker 1: Am I on back next week? What day?
Speaker 10: Am I on?
Speaker 1: Next Friday? Next Friday, I'm on Glenn. Yeah. Yeah, And you talked about that book.
Speaker 5: You've got interviews to set up on Thursday next week for the for the new book.
Speaker 1: Well it's busy. Yeah, you're going to see the book tour involved, we'll be we'll be we're doing a lot. Yeah, it's a lot. Deep breath, it's a lot. Okay, that's so funny. This is one of those days where you think to yourself, I didn't think I could live long enough to see something so wonderful. Pop tarts. Oh boy, moment of silence for pop tarts. Oh my goodness, so pop tarts had a moment of silence. Greg, you didn't give them. You walked all over my moment of silence and popped over the brief pop tarts introducing new treats. Now hold on when sometimes I know, But when I first looked at that, I had your attitude. I was like, pop tarts are fine. I don't anything new with pop tarts. Yeah, I'm good with pop tarts. I don't anything added. Matter of fact, the simpler the pop tart, the more I like it. Yeah. Okay, the weirder the pop tart, the weirder the pop tart, I'm less likely. I'm wild berry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my grand kids loved wild berry, but just doesn't look right.
Speaker 1: All right. We do have a couple of new flavors coming. They're gonna had some frosted sugar cookie, frosted caramel or caramel coconut, and frosted thin mint. What there we go? I'm out, but I'd rather have wild berry. But but here, here's what's happening. This is beyond all of that, Greg, cal are you ready for what's coming next? We've done all that, We've even I think they've even dabbled in cereal. But what's next? I just I was afraid to dream this because I thought I'd be dreaming too big. You don't want to you don't want to out dream possibilities. Pop Tarts now introducing new ice cream lineup. Stay with me. Oh, we'll be in the different part of the store. It is a pop Tart ice cream sabway cream. So we're putting that.
Speaker 3: I like you and you got ice cream between the two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that, guys. I like to try it is an ice cream sandwich. In the cookie on each side is a pop Tart.
Speaker 5: If from behind your back, you pulled one of these out and present it to your grandkids, Greg, a mask?
Speaker 1: Look what Papa brought you? A mask?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 1: You could tell a little pace to learn how to ask for one and sign language. That's right, show that again. Gosh, that's funny. All right, So let's like pinchers. So he does pintures when he does sign language. But when he said that, you asked him what he was signing, and he said, my mom said I could have another. Pop said, yeah, that's what that means. That's so good. So so I'm with you, Greg. I think what you just said is what is the question? What took you so long? Yeah? I mean this, this should have happened years ago. What took you so long? Pop Tart? I mean you you you basically have had the tarts. All you needed was the ice cream in the middle. How long did this take?
Speaker 5: And it looks like whatever the flavor of the tart is is also in ice cream.
Speaker 4: Correct chocolate, and then they got strawberry from what I could find, and vanilla.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they also are gonna have Pop Tart new ice cream pints. Okay, okay, well.
Speaker 4: That's cinnamon, not vanilla. That's brown sugar, cinnamon cinnamon.
Speaker 1: I got a little bit of an issue here. Here's what I'd like to see. If you're gonna do these ice cream sandwiches that right there, look at that, stay with me. It wouldn't It wouldn't bother me for the ice cream in the middle of those two fudguents to be vanilla.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be.
Speaker 1: It can be chocolate overload can, by the way, can it can? Yeah? But wasn't done correctly. And that looks like it's done correctly.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: What I considered the best pop tart is the chocolate chip pop tart.
Speaker 1: They're heated up. It's not a bad one. Heat it up for ten seconds.
Speaker 5: That if I could get that with vanilla ice cream on the so, that would be great.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, I'd.
Speaker 4: Be great with that.
Speaker 1: Of everything I see in this new pop tart and announcement, nothing is thrilling me like the pop tart ice cream sandwich. Even when they say we're gonna do pints of just ice cream, and we've seen that dumb with a little debbicke, you know. But let me tell you, I go to the freezer. Have you seen the packaging? It just makes me want to go get one right now.
Speaker 5: It's not pop pop tart flavored. It's a pop tart. These are pop tarts with ice cream in between them. Picture the ice cream sandwich out there, America, and just picture the the the dark part of an ice cream sandwich is a flavored pop tart there's three different flavors and ice cream inside.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 5: What if you were checking out at the register, Rick and Blake Prime and RFK Junior walked by and saw you getting it.
Speaker 1: I would say I was getting it for Greg's crankids. Yeah, because they love it. It's a I didn't think I'd live long enough for this. Again. I can't see the forest for the trees. We should have done this years ago, years ago, so long?
Speaker 3: What took you so long? Don't stick it in a toaster, sir, No, that's just that. The toasting's out on the sandwich.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 1: You know what? What about making your own? You do the warm, you do the pop, start bringing out the toaster, and you put ice cream on the twenty say we can't make our own. It's certainly good. My dream could come true. At the top of the.
Speaker 2: Hour, this is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 7: Well, welcome to the Rick Bird just show broadcasting from the re world. The speedy Greg Addler and Rick Birges.
Speaker 4: Buckle up, America.
Speaker 1: It's time for the show. Welcome to the reg.
Speaker 7: Shoot broadcasting from the rigs.
Speaker 1: It's speedy.
Speaker 10: And learn.
Speaker 7: Rickberges, buckle up, America.
Speaker 4: It's time.
Speaker 10: Holy shit, here.
Speaker 1: We go, brand new Hour, America. Thanks for being with us today. A lot to cover going forward.
Speaker 3: The box seats we'll fill up today with the listeners from all over, maybe even viewers.
Speaker 1: Some tubers may be making their way here too. Burgess Ball Battle coming up a little bit later in the program. And the will has been hot. The will has been hot, so it seems to be willing to hand out some cash right now. So the gang's all here. We're with you and Speedy.
Speaker 5: You had a question to start the hour, Yes, and I'm gonna take you back to nineteen eight four and then I'm a broke.
Speaker 1: I love to go back. I'm gonna bring it to current. Okay, I'd love to go back to you.
Speaker 5: I would like to know the three for the three of you, because you know, y'all break down music all the time, artist style of music, what's good? What's bad? How were you not necessarily on? I know y'all like y'all like Prince because I've heard you talk about it.
Speaker 1: I don't respect some prince. Yeah, some prince.
Speaker 5: How are you about the movie? The movie first one, Prince, nineteen eighty four? It was purple rainy, purple rain How were y'all a horrible but let's not well, I didn't ask you about that.
Speaker 3: I asked you about it had good music in it, and yeah, I liked it. I will say some corny parts, but it had the music was excellent.
Speaker 1: Because of the music and the plight of him and the band and marsh Day and the time being in it and all of that. Yes, I didn't I did enjoy that. That movie.
Speaker 5: If for some of you, you don't know Prince as a kid in Minneapolis and he's got a tough family life and all this kind of stuff. And the musician, that's right, and he hit music kind of brought him out of that. And it kind of downtown they all play, yeah, details all of that. But at the time he was listening to this the only artist and the first one to ever have a top movie okay, an album and a single, all all of the top of the charts at the same time.
Speaker 1: So the movie did well, oh yeah, yeah, it did. It really did.
Speaker 5: And to bring it current apparently, and I didn't know this, they're about to have Princess Purple Rain the musical.
Speaker 1: Oh I know it is.
Speaker 5: It is going to debut a world premiere pre Broadway musical. It's gonna be later this year, I think October sixteenth through November sixteenth at the State Theater there in Minneapolis, and tickets are going on sale, and so that's it's a story that's out now.
Speaker 1: That's the reason why I even brought it up.
Speaker 5: And I know how y'all are musicals and Rick and I know you enjoy them at some some but could we tamper with something here, especially when you're of course that's a movie involved, so you can make a musical, I guess based on the movie. A lot of times they just do musicals based on the artist's correct, you know, music, and that's kind of weird. There's one with Billy Joel I think, yes, there is, and almost in the same thing. I just read an article this morning there's one coming out without Foreigner, and to kick it off, they're doing a concert with Lou Grohnd back at lead vocal.
Speaker 1: Wait, well, no, who's doing a musical on Foreigners? I just read it earlier. Okay, But so you're saying will we go see this? Well, just how does it make you feel?
Speaker 5: Because I mean, a purple rain without Prince I can't even imagine. Yeah, I can't even imagine that. And the casting would be extremely important. I guess they've done all. They'll they'll find a little Prince character.
Speaker 4: I did not know about graffitifiti bridge, that's terrible.
Speaker 1: Don't bring that graffiti bridge.
Speaker 5: See, I didn't even going to bring that up. And that's the first thing Greg says.
Speaker 4: How do you want to die? You better give me my money?
Speaker 1: Okay, stop, I'm gonna go on a limb here. They're probably not going to do a Broadway musical about that one. No, And there was another movie he tried to do that anything. It was weird. Yeah, he was a weird.
Speaker 4: Dude, it was, but well, we didn't have any real scandals as far as you know, with women or what even with.
Speaker 1: Boys or anything. What thank you? And statement is that like a Michael Jackson.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying any names or anything.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, right, how about this this? Like this week, Purple Rain has jumped back to number one on the music charts in the UK. Because of that, there's been a new mix of the album that's been released Prince's Family right right, and so the super fans of prints like it. And then it's also brought in a new generation. Oh no, I thought that run. Yeah he was, he was good.
Speaker 1: I agree, movie, the album was all at the same time there were number one on the charts. The other weird movie was something about the moon, some kind of moon, really, Paisley Moon or something Paisley I don't remember. It seems like it was about the moon.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could be wrong. Someone making the point on text Nation isn't the movie a musical? But it really kind of.
Speaker 3: Well there's a lot of live perform but they didn't.
Speaker 1: It's not a music because they don't.
Speaker 13: They're not having a conversations something that they breaking from under the Cherry Moon.
Speaker 5: Under the cher What a dumb movie, the revelations not back in the green room, and all a sudden they.
Speaker 14: Go, just it's just I will, I'm saying something mean about your daddy.
Speaker 1: A lot of meaning by it.
Speaker 5: It was, you know, a lot of it was music, but it was it was then performing Yeah, right, correct, showing a part of it.
Speaker 1: They did show the whole song. Someone asking, is there any hope that my oldest son would play Prince way too tall? Way too tall and has Johnny Cash but not Yeah, Johnny Cash if it's Prince, is gonna be tough to get Blake in that rope.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute to see how how how big was Price? He was a little guy, Wasn't you know?
Speaker 1: He was adler? Addler is prince? Oh oh, we call that was not bad. I remember we called that a little sweet for a while.
Speaker 4: Yes, I see like a little sweet. I do resemble. I do resemble little.
Speaker 15: Sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh so, no, I don't really have any interest in that. Well, because I'm about the foreigner one. Well, how do you how do you do music? About their music? What they're gonna do about Dirty White Boy, How they're going to recover it? Do you remember when Springston he was five two five to no way he was at Yeah, he was. Lisa's five too, well, and share he's like five one maybe five. He claims five, the same thing. They'll always claim one. They're not good gracious.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Can you believe he passed away in twenty sixteen? It's been I remember us reporting at fifty seven.
Speaker 1: All right, so I have too.
Speaker 3: You look down at him, great, I'd be like, hey, shrimp, let's tell his hair added about.
Speaker 1: Let's tell everybody out there, everybody out there. We always forget because we're old and we're different. Be careful with the Purple ringmovie. Okay, you're right. Lest when he gets upset and he gets and he feels a little jilted, Jill did what is it called when someone does something wrong you feel? Is it jilted? I got the word.
Speaker 4: I think that's a word.
Speaker 1: I like it. Whatever it is, let's stay with it. You feel like somebody's done you wrong. He gets real angry and sings darling Nikki, Oh he does, and you don't. And he wants to show her totally forgot about You don't want to see that. I knew that, and I don't want to see it on the stage. And maybe they'll skip that. So if you're if you're if you hear that, if you look and he's up there and he's got he's got that we didn't he bring out like a band down and put some of over half his face when he get out, just look out. He's upset. Yeah, And and he's gonna make her feel uncomfortable, and he's gonna make you feel uncomfortable in the process.
Speaker 5: To me, the best person in the movie was March Day. Of course, his character was was awesome.
Speaker 1: And like I said, way over the line what he said about his dad, Yeah, that was real.
Speaker 5: Of course we've brought this up in the past, but Prince was the first one to kind of go against the man and said he was, I don't like my record deal.
Speaker 1: I don't I'm going to the artist.
Speaker 5: And I'm going to an emblem or out of the back of my truck.
Speaker 1: He was also, uh strange, way ahead of his time on trying to get a handle on streaming and come up with his own place to get his music and and he was he was trying to figure the streaming thing out, way way out ahead of it.
Speaker 3: Well, world premiere of the pre Broadway musical Purple Rain, debuting later this year in Minneapolis.
Speaker 1: And we forgot who did the Batman song? Yeah, bat dance or something we do.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll be back more of the Rick Burgess Show continuing right after this.
Speaker 2: This is the Rick Burgess Show doing what he was boring to do, the Rick Butcher's Show.
Speaker 3: We'll be paying attention to America a lot going on over the next couple of weeks, I mean a bunch just kind of stay with us.
Speaker 1: Check all the social media this year, catching the show and little if you informed as much as we can. There's so much to talk about here. You need to be kind of checking all of our platforms to stay informed. All right, So, uh, a couple of things going on this weekend. We mentioned those a little earlier.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 1: And you can get all that information just by, like I say, paying attention or checking the website Rick Burgess Show dot com. Question here, this is a little question here. It's a legitimate question. It's one that has been probably pondered by a lot of you out there. Uh and uh and in case says, I'm going to ask the question, Uh, hey bird, hey bird, you're you're ready? Have you ever been hesitant to eat the food that the vox seats? Bring?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, he makes a suggestion. Uh does everybody familiar with and it was a common practice? So what was the job of nea Mayah? Do you dont know what Neamiah did? In my head the king's ear, We need to go back and start rebuilding the wall, by the way, it was a wall. We know what he did, what his job was or something called cup bear? You know what the cup bear did? Test the food? Yep, yep, I drink so y yep. And that's important. Great costly job, but an important.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: But but you're trusted and you'll get the King's ear. Uh but uh, you know it kind of plays that role here. He goes so hardy in that.
Speaker 5: Well, that's what we used to have interns for the Uh.
Speaker 1: The the emailer says, maybe Adler should be the food taster. Oh, I don't know why he picked you, but he did.
Speaker 4: I got kids, man, I got kids.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 1: Uh you said Greg is the food taster. But it's not on purpose. It's not on purpose. He doesn't think.
Speaker 5: He just goes in so hard that by the time I'm ready to eat, he's already had a couple of plates.
Speaker 1: Well, y'all do all that, right, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I don't do that, sugar, and the seats had been set down. You got stuff all something good? If it's one of them, yep, let me tell you.
Speaker 1: If you want to check Greg up, it's it's via. I will answer case honestly.
Speaker 5: No, that's not the reason I got They said when I had a h throwing up incident, that wasn't from eating the food.
Speaker 1: Somebody just no, no, no, it was not. It wasn't. It was not a text National ask, I will tell Case. I'm going to answer this honestly. Yes, I have been hesitant, Yes I have. I pay attention. I look at how it's wrapped. Look, I look at the state of the people who brought it.
Speaker 4: Yes, how are they wrapped? How did they look?
Speaker 5: For instance, I believe we have someone coming to day and they were they're coming from I.
Speaker 1: Think Texas, maybe Dallas, and they were going.
Speaker 5: To bring some brisket, but they were concerned about the travel and the food as everything else.
Speaker 1: But back to what.
Speaker 5: You're talking about, they said, no, I think we're just going to bring up something, bring get something local and bring it in.
Speaker 1: I would love to have their brisket. Yeah, but I would to cases question if they said we drove from Texas with the brisket and trumps. What you're speaking to is that you kind of like.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh, I pay attention. Yeah, I don't just go in on anything. Them guys used to show up after all the races about don't talk about that anymore. That's the closest I've ever come to just forbidding people to come. I almost threw up that that was a they could they So we're going to talk about it. I thought we weren't going to anymore. Well, I've never by the time you bring up anything, he brings up them. Have you ever seen anybody with the mustache that cover their entire mouth? You're going that far away? Didn't that's great to tell? Just when the person said, well, they're not talking about me, now they know you are. Stuff like that. I think nice people. I was bumped. Nice people.
Speaker 5: But what they just bumped a little bit like a big bass drum.
Speaker 1: You can hear them. So they bring they bring you something. They bring you something from the infield. You eat it, yes or no, absolutely not.
Speaker 4: But those guys came from camping. They just came from camping for several days straight into the studio, spoking how many packs of cigarettes every day, a.
Speaker 1: Layer of hadn't seen a shower and no multiple.
Speaker 4: Days and that was their yearly tradition. Talladegat, I mean the one that brought it up. They were nice, but that was not appropriate. They were very nice, but that was not.
Speaker 1: I hated for the people that had sit beside.
Speaker 4: The people that were with them were I used to watch them injured.
Speaker 1: Because we knew and I'd see the new people go take their seat.
Speaker 5: I keep watching, keep watching, all of a sudden, but.
Speaker 1: There's no escaping. There's no escaping people that that are bumping in this arrangement. No, yeah, it's seen. I will say this. Since we've been to the New Studio, we've had a good run. I can't remember anybody sinking. I hadn't had anybody stink yet. Now now I will say this, we're only a month five now, well, but it's early. But but so far, the hygiene of this brand of listener and viewer, I would say that maybe some of those that got angry with us must have stumped. Yeah, you know it. Because the people that are that are into what we're doing now, they all smell pretty good. Now, I will say this.
Speaker 5: The Wickers called one of their smellbacks and their communication. Uh, I told you the Don One story that he told me when he was training me before he left. No, yeah, I did, but nobody remissed so far. I'm telling it.
Speaker 1: By the way, I remember I met a guy last night that went to high school with Don One. Goun Yeah. Anyway, he said that we were talking.
Speaker 5: About, you know, people bringing stuff and getting them in and all this, and uh, he said one time this lady showed up with this, I mean, a spread of foods.
Speaker 1: Do you know this story?
Speaker 10: Help?
Speaker 1: Do you want to this little girl? It's been a while.
Speaker 5: Her little girl was with her and he was trying to be nice. He said, did you have your mom making this food? And she said no, My job was keep the cats off the table.
Speaker 1: He goes. I was like, he signaled, everybody, watch out, check for cat hair. My job was to keep the cats off the table.
Speaker 4: How good of a job did you do it?
Speaker 15: Job?
Speaker 1: Are you pretty good at that?
Speaker 4: Are you pretty good at that?
Speaker 1: Precious? How many cats? Do you and mommy have a cartoon in Missica?
Speaker 3: So you and mommy? You and mommy are too? How much do the cats have you out?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Wow, have y'all have y'all found ever found a hair and piece of food?
Speaker 1: Yes? Well that happens everywhere. That's you go order, that'll happen, that'll happen to me. Yeah, you can't. You can't hold that against anybody. So I mean you count you can't. I mean you can't you hate it? It was? It was depending on what kind it is. This is, this is what funny, and this is this is real talk. This is totally honest. You true. I saw a hair and a dish, come on, okay here and yeah, and it was really good and you were standing besides, did you not tell me?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 1: I pointed it out and you scooped around it.
Speaker 16: It was some aggustment, some my real life.
Speaker 1: His reply was, you're gonna have that. Didn't happen anybody.
Speaker 3: That can happen anything I can shoop around that you're gonna have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do pay attention to high travel temperature. Yeah, that kind of stuff. We back.
Speaker 2: This is the Rick Burgess show Men Don't Run in the Rain, the new book by Rick Birches, available everywhere a thirteenth.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we are back, and we thank you for being with us today. America already having a blast now when I bring up taxes, not so much. I got some kind of weird letter from the RS yesterday.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what it means. You ever get one of those you're reading like, I don't even know what they're saying, And then they'll say things like don't worry about this, hang on to this though, be aware of this. You might want to consider this. I'm just going to run it to big time rush. I don't know. Sorry, I don't know, big time Boddy. Sure, I'm trying to get that question answered that you keep asking me about. So anyway, all right, so US tax Shield here, they are here, they are. So I'm going to share. This is for individuals listening, also business owners. If you have tax problems, you feel like you're losing control of your finances, stop the madness right now. Anybody out there, Oh over ten thousand dollars in back taxes? Anybody anybody got unfiled tax returns? Okay, you don't have to tell me, but you need to take control of your life. Okay, start driving the bus rather than feeling like you're being drug behind the bus. The RS the largest and most aggressive collection agency in the world. They will seize your bank accounts, Yes they will. Will they garnish your paycheck? You better believe they will. Will? Will they close your business? Will they file a criminal charge? Yes, sir, So why don't you go to the friend our friends at US Tax Shield and say, look, there's some new laws that are available. You may not know this, they do. There's something called the Fresh Start program. They can negotiate a settlement for the lowest amount possible the government. Also, this is the thing you may not know. This is why US tax Shield to help you. The government wants to resolve this as much as you do. All right. They are A plus rated by the Better Business Bureau. Call us tax Shield today one eight hundred seven six' nine seven three four. Zero also that number and all their information At rick burgershow dot com under sponsors speedy to The Text. Nation, Yes Text nation has a question for you concerning. Graduations you, know we're in the graduation time of. Year so it is. Here they are going to a graduation and they need some help from.
Speaker 5: You, yeah it says, Here can you please explain how to? BARK i was at a graduation last. NIGHT i had three opportunities to bark at. Graduates all three attempts sounded. HORRIBLE i have one more graduation. Tonight, well going to a, Lot i've got two more opportunities to.
Speaker 1: BARK i need your. Help, Okay well you go to a lot of. Graduations, YEAH i try to avoid going to. Any, yeah the, BARKING i think the whole. Staff can can you, know interject with?
Speaker 5: THAT i don't hold it like, you you, know just you can do your loud you, know you can do WHAT i call the back, drop, Right, yeah there's that because she's drawing it. BACK i don't at a, graduation does that seem really? Okay some people said That terry had a better bark than. Me but you just got to kind of you got to kind of build up to. It you don't just that's the. Key you don't just, go you. KNOW i think that's what this textures.
Speaker 16: Do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, YEAH i think this texture is going right to the meat.
Speaker 5: Of the bark too quick and and you you've got to you got to know when to bark so it's.
Speaker 1: Heard but yet you. Don't you don't want.
Speaker 5: To you don't want to drag the bark out and then it falls into somebody else's name and disrespect their family because they can't hear the.
Speaker 1: Name.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah but it's just a it's a you got to kind of cup your hands a little bit around your mouth like, this and it's just, ah so it's you start, there uh, yeah and it's a little bit of gyration up the buddy kind of like.
Speaker 1: That that's Beautifu.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah but it's just because if you you got to build up because everybody's, going what's, that it's.
Speaker 1: Almost it's almost building. Around it's almost like to get ready to runble bark. Version. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah and if you even't encounter a, dog they don't just all they don't just go.
Speaker 1: Right it's almost, like, wow it's a.
Speaker 4: Lot more complicated THAN i really into.
Speaker 10: It but this is a.
Speaker 1: Graduation there's various.
Speaker 5: Barks you normally this is the best, graduation, Right, yeah and you normally don't have to, stretch BUT i would recommend twisting your back a little bit because it could Could, yeah something like, That SO i hope that, helps, Right but you saw be very strategic on when to bark and all. That it's almost like when you're playing bad music and you're trying to find a stopping point on the bit and you pull at the right.
Speaker 1: Time, yeah you got to know where that got the. Drops, yeah, yeah that's not, bad.
Speaker 5: Right and you want to look up a little bit, too so you're not in the ear of who's below, you so mark.
Speaker 1: Out, yeah you.
Speaker 5: Kind of just like this IF i was looking, up IF i was in the middle of the, clock i'd kind of look up at.
Speaker 1: Twelve. Okay you, Know speedy knows about damaging people's you.
Speaker 4: Know it's about. Barking it's all about that Since i'm.
Speaker 1: Real sensitive to. That yes you, are and you should be that if you, want if you want to Make greg's day, go if he's having a tough, day you just bring this thing up about you. Barking somebody's here that are the Three stinky. Brothers and, look he's a different person from.
Speaker 3: THAT i know where you found out about it was the.
Speaker 1: Best thing, Ever.
Speaker 4: Texas but why but?
Speaker 1: Why? WELL i mean why? Not is WHAT i ask?
Speaker 5: Question so you want to like make your son or daughter feel left out like they're not?
Speaker 1: Worthy? Right you? KNOW i mean it's about, love.
Speaker 2: That's.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah SO i mean that you know what this. Says it's LIKE i love.
Speaker 5: You it SAYS i love you And i'm proud of you.
Speaker 1: Son if you don't believe, that bark. On if you don't believe, that all you have to. Do and it was a great moment in bark. History it was a it was a monumental bark. Day is That speedy's, Wife Terry, wilburn was against. It. Yeah, Yeah but when her son got a college, diploma she uncontrollably. Barked she uncontrollably.
Speaker 5: Barked and WHEN i looked at her AND i, SAID i thought you weren't going to, bark AND i was gonna get in.
Speaker 1: Trouble she, SAID i got so cold, up so you. Embedded i'm so. Excited so when you don't bark for your, kid they interpret that like you didn't really get excited about. You you aren't glad they're.
Speaker 5: Graduating, Yeah and because timing is, everything if you don't want to draw it out like, this you can just go, yeah you, know go.
Speaker 1: STRAIGHT i, mean it's just all about. Timing BECAUSE i was asking you how you might not have time for?
Speaker 3: That? Yeah what IF i want to build it? Up how long AM i? Building see here.
Speaker 17: Three.
Speaker 1: Mississippi next year we're going to start putting the hoodoo in so great perfect. EXAMPLE i mean you want to you want to now graduating from high school with a college? Diploma said high? School whatever it ends up Being Ellis. Burgess, yeah, okay he would love. It oh he's a. Fan stuff like. That. Yeah the more, barking the. Wetter and both of my sons who come gave me a you know that THAT i.
Speaker 5: BARK i couldn't bark it with To tyler BECAUSE i was THEN i she really call you weren't as a bowlder, barker but the two sons THAT i, WAS i. BARKED i was able to bark at WHEN i just was a rebel AND i, said, No i'm. Barking both of them gave me what's?
Speaker 1: UP i heard the.
Speaker 5: Bark Just tyler got. You Does tyler feel left own little? Bit he's talked to me about. That you, BARKED i have coming off the mound or something if you haven't got in AND i got.
Speaker 18: The.
Speaker 1: Bar look at the bark's in the stadium though it's, hard a lot of barking going, on but inside inside an auditorium it's. Beautiful. Yeah it'll scare people around you.
Speaker 5: Too when you have cordial conversations like as as a parent and suddenly you're, barking it'll.
Speaker 1: Throw a body. Off should you? Preak should you prep the people around?
Speaker 4: You, yeah that's.
Speaker 1: Normal should you prep moment of? Surprise? Yeah should you say to everybody read now just note so you know our family we, bark we're going we made uncontrollably. Barred now we're gonna try not for a big. Events.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah LIKE i, said The knowles family that was sitting with, us he's he when he got there because he had heard the show that day about the, barking and then uh the post on on my story on, this he, goes you have to, bark it's.
Speaker 1: NECESSARY i think that this, guy how do you not? This AND i assume it was a, man could have been a. Woman but who text us on Text. Nation if if you study their, BARK i bet they're. Getting they're not, Building they're probably. Not they're just going. Straight they probably because you don't want to be a, yaker like a little like a little ankle. Biter you want to come like a hearty. Dog, well And i'll say this, too and this is just real. Talk you can't if you're gonna, bark you're gonna have to go. In, man you can't have a hesitant.
Speaker 5: Bark AND i feel like too that they're not sure about, it like SHOULD i SHOULD i?
Speaker 1: Bar Because i'm just gonna be like you wind it. Up the bark has got to be. Confident you're. Right you can't be an unsure. Barker then it just kind of sounds like you're clearing your. Throat you you're not committed to the. Bar you want such a good bark that like his buddies, go, hey that's a Good that good and he was. Serious, right what's a better?
Speaker 4: Song Who let The Dogs? Out or bark at The? Moon hard to, say.
Speaker 1: Hard to, Say i'm going bark at the.
Speaker 3: Moon, okay get The.
Speaker 1: We'll be. Back more of The Rick Burgess show coming. Up Burgess Ball battles still to, come a little Little stories from The road coming as. Well stay.
Speaker 2: Close this is The Rick Burgess. Show did you missed part of the show? Today catch the entire show on your own, Time Mike believe to our YouTube or podcast channel for the day's show. Archive find them both At rick birchershow dot.
Speaker 3: Com thank, You, Ken thank you, buddy thanks for being with us Today. America also coming out this, weekend episode one brand new, Podcast Strange. Encounters this is a podcast about spiritual. Warfare episode one is coming out this. Weekend but if you are A BLAZE tv, subscriber and why wouldn't you, Be if you're A BLAZE tv, subscriber you actually get episode one tonight before everybody else has a shot at, it so you get it. First so if you're A BLAZE tv, subscriber it will be On BLAZE tv tonight and then over the weekend coming out wherever you get, podcasts so n F Y i. There so we're getting a lot of comments on, this AND i Know speedy you were talking about. IT i think you, guys you And Greg gear watched it even before the. SHOW i haven't seen it, yet But Fox news Contributor Cameron kinzie, unfortunately she was on a panel last. Night she's A Fox news panelist and she previously served in the. Trumpetministration was that back in his first term the first time he was president or when it. WAS i can't because she hasn't been president very, long but, anyway it would have to.
Speaker 1: Be, yeah she. Is she's being interviewed By Jonathan hunt For, jonathan and all of a sudden she passes.
Speaker 5: Out now there that think this here that there that big, counter all, Right and if you're, looking he's to the, right she's to the, left and she is in the middle of breaking some stuff down and suddenly the last eight seconds of her speaking you can tell she's losing her train of thought or, whatever and she just falls over to the left and it gets the.
Speaker 1: Floor oh, no h's the, floor and the.
Speaker 5: Camera goes straight to, him and now you can see you can tell. TOO a cameraman or a director comes running in to help, her and he doesn't know what to. Do so he tries to stay, professional, like, okay let's go to another another, guest and then he, says, no, no we just need to go to. Break and so just so for those that can't, see that's kind of what's happening. Here but this, shot it starts with her speaking On Fox news.
Speaker 4: And she's gonna get in trouble real fast.
Speaker 6: Here, yeah ideology or it's it's not about uh oh, no.
Speaker 19: Oh my, goodness we're just gonna get some help in a. Camera let me come back To lydia while we get some help for camera in. Here, so Uh lydia the, president we're gonna actually we're gonna go to a break right.
Speaker 1: Here we'll be right.
Speaker 5: Back and so so when he's looking, down you got to realize there's a producer or director in his ear and and they're telling him what to. Do and so that's when he was looking down kind of paused in a little, bit going, on, well, okay, oh we're going to.
Speaker 1: Break, okay mm.
Speaker 5: Hmm it was he tried to keep reporting on the, story but, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well i'll say it was wrong with. Her they haven't. SAID i looked at the. Story there's no. Update she's she got, help and but it doesn't really tell us she just fell, asleep, yes says uh they got some help for. Her uh and and they don't tell us what's.
Speaker 4: WRONG i found a clip that has more of her lead up and it's even it's a little more weird because you kind of hear that she kind of had it together until.
Speaker 1: That's WHAT i was. Thinking i'm saying.
Speaker 4: Too, Yeah i'm spinning.
Speaker 20: Here.
Speaker 1: Sorry they did Say they did say that while the paramedics pretendature she was.
Speaker 4: Moving, okay, Sports so this is what they have to.
Speaker 6: Do they have to rewrite history because they had a failed, campaign they had a failed. Presidency. Uh they put her as the borders. Are she never went to the. Border so this is about. Incompetency it's not ABOUT u ideology it, were it's it's.
Speaker 4: Not about she's getting. Hit, wow and that's.
Speaker 19: It oh my, god we got we're just coulda get some help Help let me come back To lydia while we get some help For cameron. Here so, Uh lydia the, President we're gonna actually we're gonna go to a break right.
Speaker 1: Here we'll be right.
Speaker 5: BACK a really good IDEA i don't know. About if you And lydia should be discussing something on the girl's.
Speaker 4: Pilgy cameron's laying on the, Ground lydia shouldn't be. Speaking, yeah.
Speaker 1: Do y'all think do you think that the anchor should have got up run over?
Speaker 5: There well you can, see well this is coming from somebody that that did run over and help Help ryan while y'all looked at.
Speaker 1: Him, well but BUT i HAD i was on the other side of the. Console we went above and beyond the, college so WAS. I i would have, over but but BUT I i was about to defend. Y'all is?
Speaker 5: That but y'all were on, air right and and someone that wasn't on air did go to attend to. It, NOW i probably shouldn't have done WHAT i, Did but, kids looking back at, it you know how you look at the, Replay, yeah oh, wow it looks like get two feet. Down but he you could tell someone was quickly off camera going to her. Aid you could see a guy running, In SO i don't know what he could have. Done he was just trying to hold it. Together and go to break or something somebody, somebody somebody was obviously tending To he's trying.
Speaker 1: To listen in his, ear and he didn't know what to. Do then finally it's, like, hey let's go to a commercial. Break yeah, guy it's low blood sugar something and something like. That, yeah take a. Bump you Think speedy wouldn't have run over. There, oh he'd have called her for she hit the. Ground he would have sooner and moved. On she was speaking About Kamala harrison bad And biden tried to claim she was a good Can Greg speedy has helped so many people that we actually were Celebrating National Nurse day And speedy was. Celebrated he was did you SEE i printed all? THAT i saw you? Printed you printed you could get free. Food, WELL i was just to help the. Nurses, yes they were doing like free. Things nurses will tell nurses thank you For Nurses. Week AND i Think speedy was trying to horn in on, it and, well you, Know i've done a lot of.
Speaker 5: Work, yeah you might want to thank, me you, KNOW i know we have we have nurses in the, family you, Know, yeah, yeah, yeah is that why you put it out? There and and the same for. ME i, Mean maybury's a. Nurse you've got daughter in laws. Nurses SO i was just you, KNOW i was just like looking out for the nurses about some specials and some.
Speaker 1: FREEBIES i would love to think that. YOU i would love to think you printed that story because of the word nurse jumped out at. You BUT i know what word jumped out at. You free stuff. Stuff there's free things if you're associated with. Nurses, greg what an the? World that ain't?
Speaker 5: Me that's all y'all text and. Stuff, yeah but we do hope anch remember them to. Use, yeah it looks like it is a Former trump administration. Official, yes we talked. White, yeah it looked like to. Me you, know it's what does it call when people be sure gets wrong they passed? Out Hypogly, yeah hypoglossum something like.
Speaker 1: That could be. That but but you sure would like to see an. Update, YEAH i, mean considering she just went completely.
Speaker 4: Out she hasn't posted her on any social media since.
Speaker 5: Then she's only twenty. Four, WELL i mean that doesn't mean she can't have Hypogon i'm you're. Saying so she's very, young and so it has to be something that she deals with from time to, TIME i would, think.
Speaker 1: Well and then you, know And i'll say this.
Speaker 3: TOO i know that if certain people just fall, asleep not like fall, asleep maybe what it is.
Speaker 1: Not narkileps that that's sleep.
Speaker 4: Difference i'm very sleepy.
Speaker 1: People do they just fall? Out he, Doesn't he.
Speaker 4: Doesn't, hey hyper glycemia too high blood, sugar hypo glycemia too low Blood maybe.
Speaker 5: Maybe she hadn't eaten or. Something and you, Know greg get probably on some fad. Dot, yeah, yeah let's let's get some things out of the. Way you don't think it's, fake, RIGHT i don't know, that because what would be the end? Result, well let me think about. That how would she benefit by? Fake or it wouldn't?
Speaker 1: FAKE i know what some on social media talking about. It nobody's ever saying, something were saying the anchor should have called. Her you, know he couldn't get over. IT i know he. Could he may have been the one that caused her to pass.
Speaker 4: Out he was not. HELPFUL i think he.
Speaker 1: WAS i think he was surprised and shocked because he didn't.
Speaker 18: Know he.
Speaker 1: Didn't, NO i don't think she faked unless you're just trying to get. BUPLISTED i. Don't he's just wanted to get get his take on.
Speaker 4: It she just felt, LIKE i, mean like a, tree like a like a. Tree it was just like a.
Speaker 1: Tree Ryan greenwood fell real hard that. Day that's what we were talking. ABOUT i, mean he hit the from the ground.
Speaker 4: Hard she hit the side of her.
Speaker 1: Head the fact she closed her eyes when she. Failed some people think it's.
Speaker 2: Fake this is The Rick Burdger's.
Speaker 21: Show you better listen.
Speaker 10: Up you know what we.
Speaker 21: Say Ass i'm in An.
Speaker 1: You gotta find, us.
Speaker 2: The voice of reason in an unreasonable, World The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 1: Show here we Go, america Brand New. Iowa thank you for being with us as we bring down the stories of the. Day the box seats are coming. Here later A burgess ball battle will. Commence somebody gets a chance at the wheel today and couldn't go home this weekend with some.
Speaker 4: Cash we'll.
Speaker 1: See it's been a hot wheel, lately.
Speaker 19: All.
Speaker 1: Right so in the, world in the world Of, ah you guys are having a blast out. There somebody just put a picture on Text nation speedy as a? Nurse is that? Me as?
Speaker 17: You sort?
Speaker 5: Of is that a guy looks like? Me it's an older you, thanks. Buddy, No i'm just saying that's what they're seemed to be trying to. Portray i'm not saying it is nurse.
Speaker 4: SPEEDY i love.
Speaker 1: IT i love. It so went back home, yesterday back the Big. Old they don't do anything but listen to. Him right back to The Big old went To Calhoun. County first of, all let's get the first thing out of the. Way greg of, course believes that he should tell everybody how to travel in our home. County those who around the. Country Calhoun, county it's nestled almost at the halfway point on the Twenty interstate twenty Between, Atlanta georgia And, Birmingham. Alabama it's almost. Halfway, yeah a little closer To birmingham Than, atlanta but close. Enough but Near, atlanta Near, birmingham near. Perfect and it's, uh if any of you have ever traveled from either one of those cities ON i, twenty or you were traveling and it took you that, way it's where you stop went to the. Bathroom and so we, yep we built our hometown on human. Waste but So Calhoun county though this is The chamber Of commerce Of Calhoun. County so it's the entire, county not Just. Oxford and the event was actually held In, aniston which is about three miles north Of. Oxford so we and it was then a place WHERE i remember taking the you, know the kids when they were much, younger and out there at The museum Of Natural, history The Guard park and a very nice, area very nice out. There do you know that it's even A smithsonian. Affiliate didn't know that there's a lot going on out. There but, anyway the event was as. Follows it was The Small Business awards of all the businesses that Are chamber members and then Get rick in here In Calhoun. County as we were driving, over my beautiful bride traveled with me because She. Sherry when we got. Married she was a newsperson in, radio which is how we met even on the early days of the, show even before it was The rick And Bubba, show when it was the morning At stravaganzam and into The rick And Bubba show newsperson. There she then was a news anchor and reporter for what Is James spen's affiliate, now but at the time it was just the forty side of thirty three forty there and then she went from that job to being working at The chamber Of. Commerce she wanted something after we were married and wanted to start having a family that had a little more structured as far as hours and things like. That and she actually worked on this same chamber and some of the people she worked with were still, there so it was coming like a little homecoming For. Sherry but you, know the question on everybody's, mind AND i Know sherry's, mind, is since we're going to be in your home, county near your, hometown please take me on a tour of your prowess seventy. FIVE i want to know. That she said. Please WELL i could tell she was a little bit. Giddy but no matter what time this, ends Please i'd like to go see the. Stadium i'd like to go to The buffalo Wall wings location and see The. Jersey. Uh AND i, said, honey if we have, time and she, goes, well, please let's make. Time or at least that's HOW i. Interpreted, yeah she didn't say those exactly. What she didn't say those exact, words so it was a Beautiful. Now one thing she asked me on the way over, there which was a legitimate, Question she, said what are you going to say to small, businesses you know you you do, speaking and SO i don't recall you. Ever what are you going to? SAY i, said, well well we are you, Know Big Vox entertainment is a small Business rick And up incorporated small Business AND i, said so small business. Owner AND i understand the plight of the small small business person and And i'm supposed to encourage. Them and by the, WAY i did not know And i've never understood, this AND i learned it last night Because, sherry you, know is An english, major which makes life with me tough WHEN i when somebody, says you'll also give the, invocation when do you think that? Is is?
Speaker 10: There is?
Speaker 1: There? Eat kick it? Off are y'all eating a? Meal he's a? Meal SO i would think before the, meal because even before, that if it's not a. Meal in before the, CEREMONY i, THOUGHT i thought that the blessing would be called the? Blessing would you give? Thanks would you say a blessing? Different and they, said would you do the? Invocation, well when that never, happened there was a salad on the. Table Because i've been to things where they say go ahead and start, eating but we'll still say the blessing here in a minute because we won't stay on. Time, Okay so there's a little. Controversial sure, said what do you do needing your? SALAD i, said what's there's the dressings on the. Table we have. Salads and she, goes, well you know, what no, one aren't you saying the? BLESSING i, said Now i'm saying the. Invocation she, goes that is going to be?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 1: Yeah AND i was, like, NO i think the Invocations at the, end she, goes you know what the word invoke? Means do you know what the word of vokee? Me AND i was like, again she was with, you, Right and SO i had a little bit of, salad and then THEN i got up and gave thanks and so so.
Speaker 3: Say you missed the mark on. That let me tell you what was great, though WHAT i dodged in the.
Speaker 1: Beginning it was a fifteen minute, speech which to, US i mean we a segment is that? Long? Okay and then you have to and then give out The Small Business. Awards AND i was really sweating be there because you get into, names you don't know where's the, script and you talk about a feeling of. Elation right before we were about to. Leave the chamber informed me chamber members are going to do the, awards AND i, said so ALL i got to do is the fifteen minutes and pray and they, said, YES i couldn't have been. That you talk about, relief you got said and. Enjoy so so, anyway and you, know and it's great to go. Home so we we go. There it was. Great sure you had a little. Reunion you know how women, are they haven't seen each other a long. Time they all get giddy and you, know and they talk about, this and everybody's cute and what do you have? On and, oh look at, you and you, know and the husband's you, know we're all kind of, like, hey how's it? Going you know while we have suit? On and went with a? Suit did you well if you're going to speak and that, NO i had the, Time oh a full blown your. Lawyer and so the event started at sports called at four point. Thirty the event started at four. Thirty rixon a suit at four, Thirty right WHERE i messed up to we say eight on your. SCHEDULE i was supposed TO i was supposed to be there At they said it was it would be suitable to be there at four, well you know, Me i'm there. Three there's there's an issue With Calhoun. COUNTY a lot of people think those of us From oxford think that we that. Everything the only thing In Calvioun county Is. Oxford they think we think they've heard. That, well we're close to, that and we. Are we we go out to the car and it's three and. Sure he, says so what time are you supposed to be? There AND i said? Four and she said you didn't low enough time AND i, said it's only an. Hour she said To. Oxford this is not In. Oxford this is north Of. Oxford you got to tack on another fifteen minutes to get up to where we're going to get, there and. Lesson that's two rights for.
Speaker 17: Sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah and so she got on the phone and called and, said, well it looks like more four. Fifteen my husband thought this was In, oxford but they didn't care it. Was we discussed. It it was. Fine, yeah, yeah did a roundabout come to? Play? NOW i just simply put in the address greg keeper of All County. ROADS i put into the ways is WHAT i used slave to. THAT i put it into ways and it's said to take the one eighty. FIVE i took the one eighty five exit AND i just went on Through. Oxyd don't account for the, traffic, great, yeah of course it does. It that's that's how the technology. Works you won't let it tell you what to. Do, fine WELL i. Didn't you would have had me off on some county road if you were going straight two oh two would be.
Speaker 3: Quicker, no yes it was, no not according not Au so you know more than did you? Do?
Speaker 1: KNOW i absolutely. Did you just wanted me to have to deal with that roundabout that's In. VINUM i REMEMBER i backed Off. VINYM i need to know a few more. Things did you have an old buddy come up to you that you had to? Like whoa ou. BALLOOMPA i need to know. That, okay we'll hit all that and then where you Ate, now.
Speaker 2: Okay this is The Rick Burgess. Show he was told good luck finding a job that would pay him to be the class Clone Rick.
Speaker 1: Budgess all, right so we're. Back thank you for being with us, Today. America from the text line Text, NATION i know how to get Where i'm going WHERE i grew. Up the question was what's the quickest route to WHERE i was? Going greg AND i were arguing about. THAT i went the WAY i would have. GONE i know how to get. There you. Don't but, anyway so you and by the, Way i've upset all My baptist brothers and. Sisters and they, Said Rick burgess A baptist that doesn't know the difference between invocation and. Benediction, WELL i got him. CONFUSED i couldn't remember which one was. With sherry, said, well maybe the root word should help. YOU i, said, baby when you say things like that to people like, me it means. Nothing. Yeah so to, anyway we get that. Done AND i can tell That sherry while we're, there she's she's anxious about going to see the jersey and and she's, like now when is This i'm sure she was. Giddy do we have? Time do you have time to go over to the stadium and see? Everything AND i want to see that. Jersey and so we were, just you, know we were. Trying everything went, great AND i didn't see. Anybody to your, question most of it worked positive for. ME i didn't have any people the people THAT i would have. Feared you think they're in the. Chamber, Okay so and they all come to a chamber event to see The Small Business. Award it was good to see some. People one of my former, Teachers Charlotte. Hubbard, Yes Hubbard's restaurant On, maine which remember a lot of us ate there when we had the men's conference over at The Performing Arts. Center funny but, anyway they are working on that test. Nation but, anyway Her hubbard's, won like The Sustaining Business. Award they've Been they went THROUGH covid thirteen years AND i saw Missus, hubbard you got to got a little emotional and didn't give me you don't have to say.
Speaker 3: That, well, NO i thought that showing how hard these small business people.
Speaker 1: Work, man they. Work, yeah, okay so into your message might have. BEEN i thought my message was somewhat. Inspiring. Uh and SO i didn't get too squalling Greg so SO i wish two things that, happened and they actually worked to my. Advantage speedy and and And sherry gave me the. Okay, so first of, all Youngster keith comes. Over. Uh he said, uh and he got a little giddy and he's a grown man now and he, says, GOSH i remember WHEN i was in sixth grade just waiting to pat on your shoulder pads when you walked out the dressing. Room he, said you'd look at me man and looking And Coca cola commercial and. LOOKING i, LOOKED i looked at, showing. LOOKED i looked At, sherry AND i, said young, man still, emotional and she was, like hey, kid, catch hey, kid, catch HERE'S o seventy five for. You so so of course it, was you, KNOW i, mean you could tell us a grown. Man he still couldn't forget, it and uh and then and then the, other which is. Great they're out there people saw. Me, YEAH i went TO i went to high school With. RICK i graduated With. Rick oh, yeah so who's who came? Up what in the world he getting whoso most athletic? Look and then, sure he, goes, BOY i have just walked into. THIS i, said, baby just keep.
Speaker 5: Asking let me just give you a moment to talk to everybody who you didn't get to see. It you never saw seventy. Five these people did save seventy five's. Home let me just sit back and you just talk to, people And i'll just let you take it in and let you once against thinking, today how about, This i'm married those seventy Five, WELL.
Speaker 1: I bet that was a three. Show so when we finished, up and you, KNOW i could tell people wanted me to sign some stuff and you know and take some. Pictures saw them a little disappointed THAT i didn't have a, jersey and so they had just had a picture Of mania, yep and The warren broke in. It so, well IF i thought it would have been appropriate all stretch across, you that'll probably be WHEN, i you, know speak to this year's team. Banquet but, anyway so we, go we start going home And sherry keeps asking do we have time to go see the jersey AND i, said, well, honey it's up to. You i'd like to be, home you. Know and we did have dinner there so that we didn't need a, meal AND i, said, babies we don't need to go Buy buffalo Wil wings In oxford because we've already. Eaten please take Me AND i said all. Right so so so now this gets. Traffic, yeah well it's a different world over, there and this is Text nations. Up i'm gonna get serry on the. Fun Text nation is, saying, Hey i'm coming to play At Chocoloacka. Park well you all please talk About Chocolaca. Park, well Where Chocolaca park is is Where greg AND i would be rabbit Hunting. Road did there wasn't even exit there that was another but Why and it's a great. Facility that exit's full of hotels of, course you know they'll go. Quick used to be a side. Farm, yeah and there's all kinds of great restaurants over there By Chocolaca. Park you're you're get. Congested you got everything you need over At Chocolaca. Park but there's a lot of folks, There, yes there. Is so we finally get To Buffalo Wild wings and you'll and these are some of the. Pictures and now keep in mind we're walking in it and there's a lot of folks.
Speaker 5: There now are you just walking? In are you walking in Like i'm seventy, five so you're not eating? There you just walk in to look at the jersey people are eating in front Of sherry wanted to see, it and, hey how about? This and what a thrill of the guys that were at the.
Speaker 1: Table, yeah they looked when they sat, down they, thought, well whoever were at seventy five must have went to THE nfl the table to break. This the table was full by the, way thank you for bringing this. Up so y'all didn't eat. Again people just went.
Speaker 5: In you know What i'm talking, about. speA when they sat, down these people, SAID i don't wonder who that. Is he must have played in THE nfl if they put this.
Speaker 1: Jersey, yeah but as a matter of, fact at one POINT i had the guys convinced that these was A Steelers steelers jersey. Jersey AND i played for The, steelers and they were super.
Speaker 5: Impressed but you get somebody up from the table while they were eating to take your.
Speaker 1: Picture, YES i MEAN i came in AND i, SAID i, SAID i, said, GUYS i don't know how to break this to, you but y'allre, sitting y'all are eating at the seventy five, table And i'm seventy. Five and they. Looked they looked at the picture. There of course in my face, mash you couldn't really, tell and they look up and at that moment it's like you could tell they, thought hey, man this really worked. Out and then the table over to my left start going are you seventy? Five and then they got to going and their kid played For, oxford and of course if you played For, oxford you know about seventy five and and so they're talking about. That their kid won an, award the old seventy Five it was a different, award BUT i don't even. Know but but they were talking about, that and they don't have The Rick Burgess. Award well they. Didn't they have to get their workoutout doing the. Rep but they just simply call it The Golden. Helmet Uh, so now look at. This look At. Sherry isn't she fired? Up you think she didn't feel? Left s right? There.
Speaker 5: Speedy they do have they're gonna have that, award but just like, this he actually sent it to him and told them to give.
Speaker 1: It them the old golden. Helmets, yeah, YEAH i might want to do, that Right, so so, anyway that that is a you can tell before that, picture did you, say give me a big?
Speaker 5: Smile, NO i, SAID i, said, said, no no, smile, HONEY i, SAID i, said, honey that's A i, Said, cherry do a.
Speaker 1: Picture. Smile you're so overwhelmed with the motion right, now it's going to be a bad, PICTURE i, Said so just kind of. Squalled can just kind of TAKE i know it's a lot of emotion right, now you're standing in front of the actual frame seventy, five uh and so with a small picture at the. Bottom but did you send this To Tim spencer With buffalo wie real quick BEFORE i went to, bed uh and, so AND i just put it finally. Happened. Uh and the, people the people at the table were a little bit, confused you, know when they figured out when they finally got down the point that it was a high school. Jersey. Uh and you know that you could see they were a little bit confused about. That, yeah but it. Was but then they felt different at that, TABLE i could, tell you, know once we moved the seats, back the stance for him or anything like. That so you know that was in the parking. Lot you stood at the table and like held, court like hell. Court WELL i stood there for a. MINUTE i, mean how many times are you at the seventy five? Tables and seventy five comes, in he has sign a few. THINGS i, stood he's talking to the whole section and for. It somebody somebody shouted tell us about the garden down, game and THEN i, said, yeah it was nineteen and SO i did a couple of stories about the. Garden oh, Boy i'm sewing play what's in the? Valley so, yeah people shout things like that on the other. Side come over, here anybody, else anyone else before you over? Here come over and talk to us about The sampson, game you, know And i'll be over in a. Minute anybody anybody care about the junior. Year that's too much to.
Speaker 4: Take so everybody calm.
Speaker 1: Down everybody calm. Down seventy five's. Here get just form a former. Line everybody be. Organized it's not gonna. Remote so what a? Day, yeah what a.
Speaker 3: Day you can See sherry thinking about it all the way.
Speaker 2: Home this is The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 15: Show, sure we've played a little, Ball Rick, birches we're.
Speaker 1: Back thanks for being with. Us so thanks to The Cahun County chamber Of commerce for the. Invite sherry AND i had a great. Time it was good to See sherry seeing some of our old friends too that she used to work. With good to see folks from the old hometown. Area and it was a lot of. Fun all. Right so let's think you talk About Mother's day coming? Up To Mother's day coming? Up SO i, mean it's It's, SUNDAY i, Know but what about raycon?
Speaker 10: Here.
Speaker 1: Buds there's still. Time, boy you gotta, Move you really got to. Move you might have to show her that you. Ordered go to Buy raycon Dot com slash Big vox right. Now it's a if you need a last Minute Mother's day, gift even if you can't get the shipping enough to get it By, sunday you can show her that you've ordered them for maybe put it in a card or something like, that you, know maybe heartfelt little something there in the. Margin so by Raycon com Slash Big. Box it's a perfect gift because mom's, busy there's a lot going, on and this gives her a chance if she needs to to isolate herself into some incredible content like who knows the archive of The Rick burgers show to enjoy all of, this maybe her favorite. Music there's different sound, profiles multipoint connectivity and can connect more than one device at the same. Time thirty two hour battery, life a quick charge, option ten minutes of, charge ninety minutes of battery for. Mama so why don't you go right now to Buy raycon Dot com Slash Big. Vox get twenty percent off site wide if you use that url Buy raycon Dot com slash big vox and then use the link to right there At rick burgershow dot com under the Sponsors mama will love. This we just got an email about.
Speaker 5: That i've got grown, kids it, says AND i feel led that every YEAR i feel led to do a little something than for my wife their, mom even though they're wrong kids and they should be doing stuff for their.
Speaker 22: Mom.
Speaker 5: Understood but but, yeah and that would be a veteran. Move is still do a little something for?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: Why, Absolutely i'd be a good. One. Uh trump, Update i'm very proud of.
Speaker 3: Myself So trump said there was a major announcement, coming major announcement, coming, yep and then it would it would be, monumental earth shattering because you know he always downplays, everything so, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah he doesn't hype it at. All but here's Big trump announcing a breakthrough trade deal with The United. Kingdom here's the president this.
Speaker 18: Morning i'm thrilled to announce that we've reached a breakthrough trade deal with The United, kingdom credible. Country today is a victory day For World War. Two we won the war together exactly eighty years, ago so there could be no more perfect morning to reach this historic, agreement and it's beautiful weather. OUT i will tell you that gear beautiful, weather so perfect. Outside but it's really in particular the agreement with one of our closest and most cherished, allies and we're so happy that that's the way it worked. OUT i want to Thank Prime Minister starmer and his very talented team for their outstanding work and. Partnership today's agreement with THE uk is the first and a series of agreements on trade that my administration has been negotiating over the past four. Weeks with this, deal THE uk joins The United states and affirming that reciprocity and fairness is an essential and vital principle of international.
Speaker 1: Trade so there you go. Are The British ambassador to The United, States Lord Peter mandelssohn says That trump has done everything that he said that he would, do and here he is saying That trump is a straight.
Speaker 23: Shooter, So, president thank you very, much indeed in hosting us this, morning and thank you very, much indeed also for that very typical eleventh hour intervention by you with your phone call to The president.
Speaker 9: Demanding even more out of the steal than any of us. Expected so thank you for that driving. Us it's delighted obviously to take that call late, tonight.
Speaker 4: But you took it to another.
Speaker 9: Level AND i think the POINT i would make is twofold one is that if we're going to rebalance and rebuild international trade in a way that serves all our, interests then we're better doing that together than separately and a. Part and that's what we're on a mission to. Do you've done what you said you would. Do you said to The Prime minister when he came and we visited in The, oval that you would do a good trade deal with The United, kingdom that you would do it at, pace and that we would be, first and you have delivered. That you, know you've been true to your, Words so thank you very.
Speaker 1: Much, also we don't have any audio on, this but do know, this do have a written. Story. Today trump is demanding a thirty day unconditional ceasefire Between russia And, ukraine And zelenski says his country is ready for that and will agree to. That just got to get putin to agree to. It SO i with that while.
Speaker 4: We're on this trade, DEAL i think ONE e would probably go best right. Here if you guys want.
Speaker 1: That, YEAH i see ONE d is, hilarious but ONE e really is keeping with what we're. Doing so let's skip to. It here is The Morning joe.
Speaker 5: Bunch, now, boy you would think they'd be happy about stuff, like, yeah the terrorists are starting to take a turn and starting to. Work and instead of them being thrilled that our economy may be headed in the right, direction they seem sad BECAUSE i guess they're afraid That trump might get credit for. Something so here's good news from The Morning. Joe as they look like they're at a, funeral you.
Speaker 1: Look for what's most.
Speaker 5: Likely most, likely those drade deals are going to come from leaders that he's more comfortable, with and he certainly again says he's very comfortable With Kiers.
Speaker 1: Starmer, yeah no question.
Speaker 24: There For President, trump diplomacy is very. PERSONAL i mean there's a degree of that for most, presidents but this one in particulars read whether or not he likes. You we know there have been foreign leaders he very much did not. Like he did not care For Prime Minister trudeau of, candidate but this is going to be a political win for The White. House, Meeka we've Already President trump up very early this morning posting around five thirty in the. Morning we've heard him a couple times already today about. This they're going to have an event at ten. O'clock he's going to hold a news conference along with. It this is going to be something that they. Recognize why don't, say as have told me for a, while it's been turbulent.
Speaker 1: Since so Called Liberation.
Speaker 24: Day they've seen the markets bounce back, some but there's a lot of economic. Worries they needed to start delivering.
Speaker 1: Deals this is the first well THEY i mean it looked like somebody. Sorry, Well i've never seen two people be hear good economic news For america and sit there like somebody farted next to. Them, YEAH i, mean this is the. Moment look at. THEM i, mean they couldn't be more sad and get more. Sleep they just Uh and then one just just to Enjoy. Greg this one's for. You as we go to the, break then we'll come back and do unscreened phone. Calls for the first. Time, Today trump was asked about Bootajegg oh, boy oh, Boy and here is his.
Speaker 22: Response and when they took over A buddha deg who has no. Clue you, know he drives to working as a bicycle with his with his no fairness with his.
Speaker 1: Husband on the, back which is a, nice loving. Relationship but he didn't have a.
Speaker 22: Clue this guy didn't have a toue and he's actually a contender for president between him And.
Speaker 1: Brocket you can have the, party but, uh you have that right on the. Back he realizes he has a line and he kind of catches himself like one, WAY i, BETTER i better see IF i can't land this.
Speaker 4: Loving relations did you play that party?
Speaker 1: Again god riding.
Speaker 18: And when they took off A buddha dit person who has no.
Speaker 22: Clue you, know he drives to work in as a, bicycle was with his no fairness with his husband on the, back which is a nice loving, relationship but.
Speaker 1: His husband they.
Speaker 8: All.
Speaker 1: Fairness you. Know there's no need to add to his husband on the. Back there's no, need but he had.
Speaker 3: To then he, realized wait a, Minute i'm not smoking cigars around the table with the guys your camera, Right, Oh i'm the.
Speaker 1: Prince on the. Bag you know what you call them, good you're.
Speaker 3: Terrible we call it broke bicycle mountainy all riding me?
Speaker 1: Man, okay he's riding. Me, okay see that's that's.
Speaker 4: It Hsh so that's. Fun he catches, itself but.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 1: Offense my unbelievable phone calls are next ay d eight eight the number Six big box eight eight eight six two four four eight six nine more of The Rick Burgess. Show coming up with your phone calls next.
Speaker 21: TIME i, mean, now.
Speaker 2: This is The Rick Burgess. Show, okay are you ready to bring you something the? Table? Cool, no and get on the. Show one eight eight eight six big.
Speaker 1: Box here we. Go phone calls From, america unscreened and happening, live wide. Open it's we call it The daredevil of a. PHONE i mean it is like we're taking the motorcycle and we we're jumping a ramp and see if we can clear calls and land safely on the other. Side all of the lines are opening now looks like they're feeling pretty. Quick but you can jump in there at eight eight eight the number Six Big Around vox jump, Around Jump around are just the numbers are eight eight eight six two four four eight sixty. Nine just like the text. Option they are both one and the. Same, Hello you're on The Rick Burgers. Show go right, ahead good morning.
Speaker 4: Guys ask for a little bit of parenting.
Speaker 1: Advice, okay my wife.
Speaker 17: AND i are expecting our second child In, october and i'll have us right at two at two years old or two under two years.
Speaker 1: Old so what advice would you have.
Speaker 17: Of the going from one kid to two kid?
Speaker 3: Household anything that's.
Speaker 4: Easier maybe're going from one to two or are going from zero to.
Speaker 1: One. UH i actually think going from one to two is tougher than zero to. One. Uh you can't play cover one. Anymore you're gonna have to get more of his zone Package you're it. Is it's more difficult because now you have a child that is so young they can't really be left to. Themselves and then you have one that's come into the house that's totally dependent on. Mama uh and and it to me that was. Tougher to, me that's tougher than zero to. One and when zero to one you have both of you have, parents you have. Whatever people also not as into the second kid as they were the first, time willing they don't have. It now you don't have as much. Help people not as willing to, help right uh and and so, uh it's going to be it's gonna be a little more chaotic, uh than than zero to. One you're gonna you.
Speaker 5: ARE i know you're already co, Parenting So i'm not saying you weren't doing. Anything that's got to get a lot more Involve dad's good, Dad you got your two year.
Speaker 1: Old my, friend you got to get a lot more you're gonna. Have you're gonna have to take that one on big. Time and two year olds not quite to the point that they prefer dad still prefer, mom, Right, so, uh it's it's gonna be a it's gonna be a. Struggle.
Speaker 4: Yep, Yeah and you, Guys i've actually heard you guys say that several, times AND i, THINK i guess it's just different for different, people because for, me the transition from going from zero kids to one kid was a much bigger life change for me than going from one to.
Speaker 1: Two, No, NO i didn't say life. Change it is a bigger life. Change but it's not more. Difficult multiple kids. Are it's more.
Speaker 4: Difficult, oh for, sure two kids is harder than.
Speaker 1: One, yeah that's, yeah not life.
Speaker 5: Change i'm talking about difficulty the second round at, least you, know, yeah the second.
Speaker 4: Round, absolutely it's not twice as. Hard, no it's, harder but it's not twice as.
Speaker 1: Long his life is about to get harder than when one kid Can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah it is, harder but as far as, like let's say the difficulty of raising one child is a, ten raising two children is not a. Twenty it's more like a fourteen or something like. That does that because you've done it.
Speaker 3: Already, yeah but but dad's got to do a lot more while there's multiple kids than he did when there was only.
Speaker 4: One, well it depends on how that first child.
Speaker 5: Went Just i'm just saying the mom is involved with, that that that, NEWBORN i mean she's she's i mean hands. One so we're saying that all of her attention has to go to, that the first.
Speaker 1: One more so the first. One, yeah the first, one if you have, it if it goes pretty. Smooth they sleep a. Lot, uh they're being fed a. Lot they don't do a. Lot the two year old is on the, move own the. Move, yeah and then you're gonna have another baby put put in in, there taking away. Mom so you're gonna it's it's gonna. Be it's gonna. Be but after, that the good news is just keep on having. Them you just keep adding them.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah and they can play with each. Other once they start entertaining each, other it is is.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, yeah we can they can fight like. Y'all that's, right Did, Yeah but stay on top of, it and restaurants are. Over we've. Done you're on The Rick burgess. Show go.
Speaker 3: Ahead i'm going to go back to the lof.
Speaker 24: Coffee but something you'll talked about a few days ago with coffee.
Speaker 3: Cups what do y'all think.
Speaker 19: About these iconotic people WHO i may or may not be one of, them drive.
Speaker 4: Around with a regular coffee, cup no, lid no travel, cup just a regular coffee.
Speaker 1: Cup driving around with.
Speaker 25: That hot coffee in a what do y'all think?
Speaker 3: About?
Speaker 1: Yeah living? DANGEROUS i do?
Speaker 25: It?
Speaker 1: Greg do?
Speaker 18: It?
Speaker 1: Greg of course does? It because is that JUST i prefer a coffee. MUG i don't like these travel a little. Bit but mostly though it's If i'm IF i Know i'm going on a long. Ride, yeah but let's say It's saturday morning AND i got to run do something real. QUICK i just had my regular. MUG i just take it with. Me you're riding around with the regular mug with no top on? It, yes trying to drive and drink that out of that coffee. Cup, yes not a starphone. Cup it's not smart one with the, handle one with the. Handle.
Speaker 5: Yes, now If i'm coming here AND i want my double, pod YEAH i.
Speaker 1: WOULD i wouldn't do that BECAUSE i think it'd be too. Difficult BUT i prefer to. DRINK i have a regular coffee. MUG i do not like drinking all of those travel. Things have you ever been to make the travel things?
Speaker 5: Work do you remember our father would he had a bronco that had three on the.
Speaker 1: Column, yep there was no cup. Holder, nope and he.
Speaker 5: Would get in with a regular cup of coffee and somehow pulled that, off.
Speaker 1: Driving through on the Cof, yeah it is. Crazy uh we. Continue Rick burger's show didn't have much, talent, right go, ahead you're. On, YEAH i think uh.
Speaker 3: LEO i walked out to the Uh Leroy brown Song Leroy brown BECAUSE i mean it says from The south side Of. Chicago you know that would? Work, yeah not not overly, reverent but it would. Work you're right by the, way ad or somebody. Said, also when you get a second kid singing the national anthem is, Over yes it.
Speaker 1: Is, yeah how you're going to do. That we, Continue you're on the Rick Burgers. Show go.
Speaker 10: Ahead this Is christina AND i just wanted to let everybody know good, morning and today is mine and my husband's six year.
Speaker 4: Anniversary well, congratulations happy.
Speaker 1: Anniversary thanks for the. Call Rick Burgers, show one day your own go right. Ahead, yeah so when you're all gonna have the podcast With larry And greg and call it patches and Taddy. Wackies it's just he's waited all week to get that. On you know WHAT i, Mean he's waited all.
Speaker 16: Week, no.
Speaker 1: All of, That you're, Right, no, no all all of those calls are they rested your? Feet we, Continue Rick Burgers, show Your own go.
Speaker 5: Ahead, HEY i got a refriger rate for seventy five dollars and a Nag AND i asked.
Speaker 1: Why all, right we're on a roll. NOW i. DIDN'T i. Didn't DID i hear WHAT i? Thought does she come with THE i think she? Does, OKAY i think she does funny swap shop. Throwback i'm all about, it, Right, yeah never heard that on the Swap. Shop, no have not bigle budget says about. It that's. It they used a different vision to swap. Shop uh we, Continue, uh you're on the Red. Shock go, Ahead, hey this Is Raccoons nobody and mister Chickens, raccoon.
Speaker 10: What are we?
Speaker 1: Going i'm in a dream. Man raccoon wasn't. Good it was it was. Funny remember the unscreened phone. Calls it's a lot like a lot of Things i've, said we're painting for, gold a lot of.
Speaker 3: Pebbles, yeah but comes with a little bit of. Responsibility he Loves i'll help us out of. This the same as, gone, no you never you know.
Speaker 1: What that's as big a waste of time as me cutting the simply save spots was, yeah, boy we, Continue i'm gonna we cut. Them Today's Rick Burgers, show go, ahead good. Morning how are y'all doing? Today doing? Good? Good?
Speaker 17: Good Last sunday on the golf, tournament they had a lot of rain and they showed a turtle and one of the announcers, says, hey that looks Like.
Speaker 1: Franklin are you? Serious, well you, know, yes, sir, yeah it. Might it might have been Our. Franklin you never. Know, uh we Continue Rick Birger's, show your, on go, ahead good more.
Speaker 19: Man, HEY i was just wanted to a couple of weeks, ago this lady called in AND i think she said her name Was Amy shifflet and she wanted to give a shout out to her, Dad Mark.
Speaker 1: Shift, No i'm SORRY i lost. Him uh sorry about? That, Hey Rick Burgers.
Speaker 11: Show go, Ahead larry, Here, Hey.
Speaker 1: Larry ry there? There what's going? On someone was doing an impression?
Speaker 3: Here how you guys?
Speaker 18: Anymore?
Speaker 4: Now the only thing man voice sounds honorable and everything?
Speaker 1: Else have you ever heard this? Show? Larry, wait lot's everything? Else me my voice sounds awful and everything. ELSE a patch in the mail headed your. Way there's everything? Else, MEAN.
Speaker 16: I, Mean, larry this is The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 21: Show you better listen. Up you know what we say As i'm gonna.
Speaker 1: You gotta find.
Speaker 2: The voice of reason in an unreasonable. World The Rick Burchers.
Speaker 1: Show thanks for being with Us america brand. NEW I we're Now we thank.
Speaker 3: You the box seats you're filling in here they are so they come from all. Over they're filling up the seats in A burgess ball battle will, Happen so be paying attention for. That somebody may get a chance to win themselves some money off that wonderful will of, bundles, vents and.
Speaker 1: Bucks it's been hot. Again fifteen hundred dollars for the last two out of Three Burgess ball winners have gone home with, money so we'll see what happens coming up this. Hour also this, weekend brand new podcast episode, One Strange. Encounters if you're A BLAZE tv, subscriber you can have that before it goes to everybody else and catch it On BLAZE tv. Tonight for the rest of, you it'll come out over the weekend wherever you get podcast episode ode. One also this, weekend another episode Of rick And Bubba's Greatest hits In Radio. Gold that'll be, out and of course you can enjoy the archives from the week full of shows uh here on The Rick Burgess. Show all that on our podcast channel as. Well, okay So larry was up against the hard. Break he says that he's not gonna call anymore because of what do you say for his? Voice his, voice and then all the other reasons making fun of, it but we. COULDN'T i think it's it's a group effort. There you're the one that Does. Larry in all, fairness you're the one that Does red does a really Good larry not in front of. It, yeah you're The Best larry replay yesterday Segment you're the Best larry, though thank? You when people.
Speaker 3: It's A compli, yeah so what do you think all the other, things because when you're on a hard. Break i'm, Sorry, larry we had to go to. BREAK i thought you just had something quick to. SAY i didn't know this was your holler.
Speaker 5: Back, yeah that Text nation, YESTERDAY i did see a text that said something to the effect of we're Concerned larry saying he's not going to call. Anymore SO i don't know if he's in on the chat or. SOMETHING i have no, idea or somebody's talked him into being. Offended because you, know, people people will. Do we've lost some great people over the over the years just doing. Radio we've been doing it a very long, time and there were some rising. Stars, YEAH i mean like that that we lost during the during The rick And bubba. Decades when WHEN i Echoed, larry go, again it's happening. AGAIN i know WHEN i Echoed, Larry carolyn's in the background. Laughing gary loves you Doing. GARY i maybe Not gary didn't love, it but.
Speaker 1: Well loved hat might hate. It, Yeah gary likes being on this show more than he dislikes me doing the. Impression well, said ye that it's not it's not like you said. Earlier he didn't love, it, no but he tolerates. It do you realize that we've had several guests of. THIS i just Sent larry patch from one of our guests in the box, seats SO i mean he'll get it here in a few. Days and he's on somebody a, coin somebody's gotten to.
Speaker 4: Him he did mention he chats on the YouTube chat quite a.
Speaker 3: Bit.
Speaker 4: Now he did mention that that we make fun of his voice a, lot.
Speaker 1: Make fun well impressions an. IMPRESSION i will tell you this And rick As gary talks To, gary and that's really, mean by the. Way ye, right how ABOUT i don't think anybody could ever be accused of being mean To. Gary, no you cannot R, Larry, yes but Not. Gary i'm Honoring. Larry it. Is there's no. Break their podcast is, over So gary And Larry i'm never gonna get it off the. Ground nobody asked me about that last night at this chamber. Thing. Larry you know what the person, SAID i love And larry calls AND i love When speedy does his version Of, larry that was last. Night it happened last, night less than twenty four. Hours i'll stop doing, It, larry so keep calling.
Speaker 4: Well, Remember, larry imitation is the sincerest form of. Flattery, Yes Oscar, wilde thank, you thank, You, Buddy Michael, Jordan, Okay Michael, Scott.
Speaker 1: Okay they're all out. There i'm just, saying, Well, LARRY i hate you feel that. Way and another person, SAID i Thought larry didn't have The. Internet how did he get on the channel?
Speaker 4: Free he has the. Internet See larry's in on things that he acts like he's not in, on.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, larry what if we HAVE i get made fun of every day for being, Bald.
Speaker 1: Larry and the text nation is every day, yesterday every day. Yesterday somebody actually send us a picture of baby baby balds, Too, yeah sitting On hubby's, lap, RIGHT o say that? Again?
Speaker 5: Really, YEAH i mean we were adler you making fun of your height this earlier this.
Speaker 1: Morning, yeah all the time you were taller than, Print. Larry it's part of being part of being on a on a platform like. This we all get wrecked over the colds and and don't let don't let, you and don't let anonymous people hurt. You that's me talking to myself a lot of. Days, yeah and you know then people just say awful things and they hide behind they don't have to say who they. Don't they won't talk to you person to. Person they throw a little shots hands. Speed so you you have to you have to. There you can't be like. This this is not very patch. Like this is not very patch like. You you don't need. You you're too old and you're too tough to be acting like.
Speaker 5: This, yeah, yeah, Okay SO i, mean come, On carolyn taught some sense Into, carolyn seems is?
Speaker 13: It?
Speaker 1: Caroline?
Speaker 5: Carolyn Carol carolyn alone seems to love.
Speaker 1: This and it's funny if you if you Love carolyn and KNOW i know you, do you have to keep calling not a. Lot you don't have to overdo. It you know you can sprinkle is the. Word. Uh but you we had you right at the perfect. Sprinkle, NOW i will say you were hitting that unscreen phone call thing pretty, hard but you were got to your. Point you did. Fine yeah, yeah and you know what, else the top patches more will be all, Right well we can do.
Speaker 4: That how about next time he, calls he can talk about.
Speaker 1: Patches, yes it's been a, While, larry he can talk. About we just said.
Speaker 5: HIM i love, You, Larry, Right, larry come, on, man got it all in fun Or mississippi police patch on his.
Speaker 1: Way he sure. Does that's. FINE i can't believe you actually melt. It that's that's great what you think of. That also in the headline said that's if there, is if there is, No, larry guess what? Else, Uh if you're a food stamp, Person walmart just says you're no longer exmpt from the six ninety nine feet on grocery pickup and delivery orders under thirty five. Dollars what a rough day out. There that's a tough. One larry's not gonna call food stamp people can't get the discount anymore the. World The Walmart art organization says that they're bracing for the impact Of trump's tariff. Policy so that's what they're. Doing so food stamp people no longer exempt From walmart plus delivery. Fee, yeah it was introduced during the pandemic that food stamp people were exempt from the fee for grocery pickup and delivery orders under thirty five. Dollars they will no longer be.
Speaker 5: Exempted they ain't like that that under thirty five is like really affecting a lot of.
Speaker 1: People the most time you do in a pickup, order it's going to be more than thirty. Five thank, you grateful weighing. In come, on, hey don't take that. Away we use it so. Much, yeah they are going to whatever you. Do they're saying that they're going to ask their suppliers to absorb some of the tariff driven price. Increases they're also making some staff changes because you know one thing THAT i know WHEN i go To, WALMART i think to, myself there's too many people. Helping, yes but we're going to cut these. Greens everybody stop, helping, y'all stop stop opening up all's two's. Enough, Hey just so you, Know i'm talking to you because you've got like A walmart vest. On i'm not just randomly walking up to you, know are You you're you're treating me like you're one of the shoppers in. Here you got the vest. On, yeah and you should know where that. Is it's a big. Place any training, involved, Right so Uh, so, anyway So walmart's doing a little bit of tariff wine, here a little little tariff, boohoo tariff. Wine here's an. Idea start Using american. Companies you want to worry about. It m, wow somebody talking. Tough you Tell i'm a little emotion from The larry. Call, Yeah, well we'll come back. Up say we'll come. Back we'll continue to work through the stories of the day And i'll tell you.
Speaker 3: What we're going to get to The burgess ball battle pretty quick. TODAY i hope you all are. Focused you got to be. Focused look at that, wheel send cash.
Speaker 1: On it might as well be. Yours we'll be back more of The Rick Burgers show right after.
Speaker 2: This this is The Rick Burgess. Show he doesn't HAVE. Ocd he just likes things to be a Certain Rick.
Speaker 1: Burgess here we. Go thank you for being WITH Us america and we are having a blast with. You and we have the box. Seats they come from all. Over what's not that it's, important not that it even, matters not it is not. Required no one has to bring any food or stick guitar. Free but the well, no, no, no, no, no, NO i mean there's no pressure to do. That as a matter of, fact the most important thing is that you're here and that you make it. Here but since some people of their own free wheel uh have decided to bring. FOOD i would like to know what what we? Got, oh we got. Study, yeah there's so. Much we're in overflow. Mode oh, really yes. Week now we have a box of. Fritters, good oh my roasted. Peanut yes we, have and we have like.
Speaker 5: Doughnuts we Have oh, No i'm gonna forget. Everything we have gift bags from. Everybody homemade, bread, yeah homemade bread from From. Texas we have gift bags with our names on. Them and they said it's all in. Fun so that Means i'll have cigarettes in.
Speaker 1: Mine i'm. Sure, yeah, okay smoke. Them but we got to get that.
Speaker 5: Open but there's a lot you need a venture off in there brought Mister oh, YEAH i forgot.
Speaker 4: House he may not.
Speaker 1: Die Now chin's got a whole new.
Speaker 4: House they brought up fish, bowl a whole new fish.
Speaker 1: Bowls at least.
Speaker 4: Another we can have two, fish mister Ch.
Speaker 1: And they say they'll. Fight we need to put them in the.
Speaker 4: One we could fight them occasionally.
Speaker 1: Fight we can bet on.
Speaker 4: Them and, hey you, too you quit you.
Speaker 1: Too Mister chin and Miss wang.
Speaker 4: And there are a couple and it's.
Speaker 1: CUTE i don't think there's wang's all through The asian, community there, are, okay so thank. You i've known some that were Not. Asian but so what we were, staying he's.
Speaker 4: Got a new house. Down we got two of.
Speaker 1: Them that's. GREAT i don't think you're supposed to put to in.
Speaker 5: There they they then they said they by, side so they can swim and look at each.
Speaker 4: Other side by, side and they'll be, LIKE i love, YOU i hate, you you.
Speaker 3: Knowship what you're saying is you're Creating you're creating the fish version Of Fight.
Speaker 1: Club, yes and we can bet on.
Speaker 4: Them yeah Time Michael vick. STYLE i got.
Speaker 5: You but when When rick AND i was, kids we used to catch crawfish and have crawfish.
Speaker 1: Battles there's a lot of. Fun, YEAH i enjoyed weird but led to a lot of dead. Crawlfish but it was, fine, right and there was.
Speaker 5: Beggings yeah, right all, Right so so we'll, uh we'll do that and we'll have a burgess ball battle amongst them here in just.
Speaker 1: A few moments. Ago we've got a list.
Speaker 2: Here, Yeah so.
Speaker 1: Thank, you and for those of you that keep Bringing Greg fritters is a nice. Thing but are you gonna be okay with this? Butcher he is a type two diabetic no, alleged, alleged really Good, GREG i saw one of. THOSE i, Saw, well you know why it's good because you're not doing what you're. Doing now you're gonna you're gonna bring it. Back, yeah there's a frind in there that looks like a.
Speaker 5: Hubcap. Yeah they do come, big that's for. Sure BUT i, mean IF i one, fritter what's the?
Speaker 1: Deal one to? Day but, Yeah i'm, well least we're going home for the. WEEKEND i may take a. Couple, okay there you, go that'll be. PERFECT i took one home. YESTERDAY i was a pretty good. One so you're the one that took. It you blame. Me it was, Him so let's do some self let's do some self. Examination more fit.
Speaker 4: There i'm sorry that WAS i heard that about one hundred times. Yesterday so he.
Speaker 1: Likes them, too he. Does you know What i've, Heard greg do that same thing THAT i? Want more good? News you got more to take? Home two of them. Me now coming up to the, Ramp greg will attempt to jump six fretters and what we call Diabetes daredevil from the Text. NATION i have to examine. Ourselves what? Happened gregor the same thing THAT i know our sister has. Said Maybe lisa has said as, well what's up that they would never call the? Show oh, yeah our? Sisters, YEAH i mean she, said forget. It she, SAID i wouldn't call that show to listen to y'all make fun of. Me no, Way No ido does. That and there's saying on Text nation that they Think larry has decided not to call anymore because they said if they won't call the show because they're Afraid speedy will make fun of. Me he, said that's just. Speedy he makes fun of. Callers there it. Is he's the rude.
Speaker 4: One, yep we all know.
Speaker 1: THAT i, mean you've done, better but it's still. There it's like it's. Uncontrollable AND i think it's not That i'm making fun Of i'm just. Echoing he really likes His.
Speaker 5: Larry, impression so he can't help. It do it a, lot AND i get. It sometimes we look at.
Speaker 1: ME i honestly think Every larry call is accented by your. IMPRESSION i THINK i SOMETIMES i can't Hear larry and You speedy gets, on it comes in too. Quick, okay all, Right, Yeah larry establish. Something BUT i know that to look at, myself, Right and but WHAT i think it, is you, know he's the man of a thousand, voices that's. True you.
Speaker 5: Know it's almost like, Saying, Hey i'm really good at, basketball but there's no.
Speaker 1: Shoot there's a basketball and there's a Gold i'm not gonna. Shoot, YES i think he echoes people's, voices sometimes not even meaning to let.
Speaker 5: Me if we're just talking Here larry's unique. Style do you think if it wasn't for, that he wouldn't be a bigger?
Speaker 1: HIT i totally. AGREE i don't. Know his obsession with patches was in doesn't the voice make that fun of? You if somebody calls it YOU i got some? Patches, yeah or THAT i might keep what you just did. There, okay BUT i think it's cool Patches And i'd like for y'all to come look at. Him you, know that would be if the voice was too. Normal, hello, GUYS i really enjoyed the show, thinking you, KNOW i collected a lot of, patches and uh So i've got a lot of patches like a patch, it you, know and you would go, okay AND i make fun of, him but just like one, time well that would, you it'd be one. Off, hey weird patch guy has a lot of, Patches but You larry's voice is what's keeping him. Alive he, Says, oh, yeah you did it. Again you did. It it was just. That BUT i was showing y'all an. Example, gosh if you just he just did. It just hear, it, y'all hear.
Speaker 5: It how about this ten, minutes that'll be me that did it. Speedy if he had just had a frit, or his mouth would have been, done.
Speaker 1: Mouth full of.
Speaker 5: Y'all see y'all telling, me y'all Saying larry's on. Me if, SO i, Mean i'm gonna take.
Speaker 1: It If larry The Patch guy is done with this, show it will mainly be because of. You yes That i'm calling. It i'm calling him in the break Where i'm at a. Dilemma your impression is what makes me excited About. Larry but then we can't have it both. Ways you. Can't that's the. Problem we might be a vox verdict time if we. Do should we do A vaux verdict? Today are we willing to no longer do the impression, No.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you. This can they sound like the, sweetest cutest little. Cup of course in the, background they weren't.
Speaker 1: Sweet AND i don't want to crush. Them we've, said you, KNOW i don't want to hurt their. Feeling but Why.
Speaker 5: Jack, said he's been he's trying to get on for years and no, prevail but he keeps.
Speaker 1: Calling so What's larry's? Problem? Right, yeah show. Hunt jack should have stop. CALLING i want to know who got To. Larry? Somebody, somebody somebody got To. Larry, y'all y'all in the vox seats and those of you out, there y'all don't know that we've dealt with this. Before we're having the times of our time of our lives with people and somebody pull them off to the side at some random place or lunch, say you, know they're making fun of. You you know the shame of.
Speaker 5: This he had went from just patch to being pretty creative with his stories about working on a cattle ranch and all. That he was doing really. Good all right, now somebody messed it up to.
Speaker 1: Me i'm mad at. Somebody to, Me larry was taking steps toward Being mavis's number one of the most memorable. Characters, yeah and he and.
Speaker 5: When he got away From, patches it WAS i still want to hear from about him every now and. Then but when he was bringing stuff to the table about where what was the prank he pulled on us about bear, hunting funny stuff like.
Speaker 1: That SO i call. HIM i call him in the. Break so he's got my cell.
Speaker 4: Number he commented here on, YouTube let's see one minute, ago and he, SAID i have a lot of weed eating to do here as. Well, okay so he's not even talking about the.
Speaker 1: Show Tell larry to get out of the chat. Room it's that chat room that got to. Him, yeah THAT'S i, MEAN i love everybody, there but. Chatters it could be a. Portal did y'all get To larry Chat?
Speaker 4: Nation they, said we had nothing to do with, you Love.
Speaker 16: Larry, okay did y'all did y'all Encourage larry The Rick burchers?
Speaker 21: Show you?
Speaker 4: Know, yet.
Speaker 2: Only In america could these four men who for other Fat god Bless. America this is The Rick Burchers.
Speaker 10: Show we're.
Speaker 1: Back thank You america for being with us. Today the field Of. Greens, yes by the, way yesterday Text nation got a text from a listener said just got my blood work. Back thank You field Of. Greens that well you, write and you know WHAT i love About field Of. Greens if your blood work and your checkup does not go, well the doctor doesn't notice the, difference they'll refund your. Money fieldofgreens dot. Com it is, formulated doctor. FORMULATED i take it TO i do two scoops. Today that's that's the. MAX i. Figure one scoop's. Good two scoops even. Better but that's the. Max you don't have to do two a, day but you.
Speaker 3: Can.
Speaker 1: Uh and here is what's being. Accomplished the fuel that the body, needs we're getting. It we're getting it the right, fruits the right. Vegetables you, know if health issues running your, family just be. Proactive you, know we all would do anything to cut down and going to the doctor or hopefully eliminate it for. Good but if nothing, else cut it way. Down and that certainly has happened in my. Life so we have a number of people that are letting us know how it's working for. Them another listener, wrote, so for the first time in ten, years my cholesterol numbers are. Normal and a mom who listens says that she's noticed her hair nails and energy and blood work all look. Better so why don't you get yours now At fieldfgreens dot. Com use our code Big vox and you'll say twenty percent and you can also email. Me i've given people advice on what to mix with it and all. That i'll help you to twenty percent off with the code Big vox At Rick Burgess show Dot com under the. Sponsors the link also is ready to. Go, okay so we've got folks in the vox seats right. Now, yep they're all getting along just. Fine, yep now they.
Speaker 2: Are but it's time out of.
Speaker 3: Battle it's time for A burgess ball. Battle greg is drawing two names Outs. Speedy, well then.
Speaker 1: Take these two people over to the court where there are two bads skip ball. Goes they're not regulation. Size there is a timer and there's four tiny little. Basketballs they'll each line up in front of one of the, goals one of the, baskets and then in thirty, seconds whoever scores the most points. Wins it's really quite, Simple, speedy are you ready to? Announce he'll be coming and here we.
Speaker 5: GO i think it's gonna be uncomfortable BECAUSE i think they're sitting next to each. Other, oh up, first Missus jackie Killings.
Speaker 1: Worth Jackie. Killingsworth there she is right, there Jack. Jackie puts your drink, down get your purse, off and get. Ready all, right here she comes right here she goes it Comes.
Speaker 3: Jackie up, next Mister Josh, Campbell Josh.
Speaker 1: Campbell all they are side. Byself, okay, Well Sam, Row Sam, Row. JOSH i wasn't. SURE i wasn't all, right so speedy once. Again who we?
Speaker 3: Got we have Got Josh campbell And jackie Killings, worth.
Speaker 1: Right jackie six and? Nine all, Right jackie And John, JOSH i mean ready to? Go now this is. Here males can play. Females this is a pretty equalizing. Game so you each have your own. Lane you have thirty. Seconds.
Speaker 3: Yep the first twenty seconds everything's are. Two the last ten seconds of the thirty everything counts as a. Three so don't give up if you're a little. Behind, okay you could get on a hot streak there the last ten seconds and come.
Speaker 1: Back, okay all, Right so we Have josh And.
Speaker 5: Jackie if you're imagining what things look like on the, Radio josh is to the, Left jackie's to the, right are you all? Ready all, right let's, see we're gonna go here and then wait, wait hold, on the sound went, Off, adler hang on just, second give me one, second gonna.
Speaker 1: Reset, Here here we. Go all, right you're doing, great, lady you're doing. Great all? Right wait wait hell ready go? Alright thirty seconds starts, now all, right we have Got jackie going with an underhand granny. Approach we Got josh going.
Speaker 3: Overhand he's up eight to, two twenty seconds, left ten to, Two josh Over. Jackie, now twelve to, Four josh over. Jacket twelve to. Six now we're getting down to the last ten. Seconds it's sixteen to. Twelve josh Over. Jackie nineteen to, fifteen twenty two to Fifteen josh Ober.
Speaker 1: Jackie five seconds, left twenty, five.
Speaker 3: Fifteen twenty, eight twenty, eight, eighteen with one second, left thirty, one eighteen to the Final. Josh the winners and lane One.
Speaker 1: Jackie you really wo, Wow, jackie don't go. Anywhere you've got to spin as the.
Speaker 3: Loser i'm, Sorry oh so, sorry don't but come on, up And rick's gonna take over from.
Speaker 1: Here all, Right so here we. Go we now go to our. Winner he's earned. It that Is Josh, Campbell, josha the will has been, hot. Lady that doesn't mean, anything, Though but what you're gonna do is you're gonna, say really, loud like you mean, it it's will to. Me and when you say it's will to, me you give that baby a. Spin you can reverse, spin you can soft, spin you can let it rip and let your strength tell the. Story so when you are, ready just simply say it's will to me and spend.
Speaker 3: It it's will to, Me, Dan he's going to, controversial controversial reverse.
Speaker 1: Spin let's see where it. Goes, how come, on come, on come, on get it lands, On, greg which means all you get are things that are Bothering greg and and and so this is A greg, Rant josh that you GOT i mean the, ALLBODY i mean, Yeah i'm close for oh you were. Close you were so close to five hundred. Dollars, Gum, greg what's bothering? You this thing right here is bothering? Me what the thing that? All this is my. Stand we got all this equipment in. Here we can't get nothing that doesn't make you cross EYDE i sit in front of. It it makes me cross side it gives me a, headache AND i Think i'm losing my. Vision i'd like to say it. Fixed look of new. Signs we've got all kinds of. Stuff HOW i get this piece of junk? Done that's new, too it's. New, well it's. Flawed the rest of us aren't being made cross my angle that i'm, At i'm at a different angle than. Y'all my cross. Eye you're, like, so, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah how to fix?
Speaker 1: It, yeah send me restless. Thing have you realized how hard time worked on?
Speaker 5: THAT i know it looks, Good it's JUST i guess this thing WHEN i look at the at the.
Speaker 1: Text, yeah well you want to wear a. Headset you want time get your Head so WHEN i end up cross side as y'all with the joint that comes, over he's finally.
Speaker 5: Working it's come IF i end up cross, side all, Right so you're, saying when you look at, us you only see in side of.
Speaker 1: One and it makes. IT i have noticed that you're getting cross.
Speaker 15: THAT i have.
Speaker 1: NOTICED i didn't want to say anything. About, okay matter of, FACT i looked. THERE i thought it was probably. Glasses i'm probably getting a reflection off of. HIM i didn't. Think let me tell you. This listen to, me baby. Brother if you go cross, side we're gonna be all over. You larry thinks he gets made fun. Of oh, yeah it's gonna Be you talked With larry and the break we have an. Update, okay we'll do that when we come. Back and we also know who to. Blame all, Right so up, Next, Jackie, jackie you did not. Win, yeah you did not. Win, sorry Jack only this show would make you spend it anyway to see what you could have.
Speaker 3: Won, uh now you will not win? It, Yeah, Greg the other one is a thousand. One go to the.
Speaker 4: Bottom it doesn't. Matter it doesn't, matter it does?
Speaker 1: It does you? Want they're? DIFFERENT i almost said. Patches they're in different, order BUT i.
Speaker 4: Understand but the spin doesn't necessarily it could Would it could have been, Inconsistent so it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Matter it does just the same, way, though don't you want the loser to spend where the winner.
Speaker 4: Was because their spin could be? Inconsistent just What i'm. Saying so What i'm just, saying going back to it is a waste of time on the, show, actually and it adds to the time of, wasting, wasting.
Speaker 5: Taking a wasting Time jackie, says you're wasting.
Speaker 4: Time i'm not wasting. Time, Never i'm not wasting.
Speaker 1: Time So, jackie you say it's not will to me and spend and spend. It here's what could have, happened because she would have spent the same, way starting at the same place that. Mark all, right so here we. Go let's see What jackie would have. Done. Adler oh, No, Jackie, Jackie. Jackie oh, Okay, jackie you almost won five hundred. Dollars, well congratulations To Josh. Campbell DO i need to put a cross eyed picture of you up? There you will Be you will be The Burgess Ball Battle champion. Today you will get to have the, trophy which unfortunately we don't give you that. Either, uh we'll take that. Back, uh and then we'll take a, picture but you will have the picture and you get this thing. Here and and we also let you sit Behind greg's mike toe if you can keep your eyes looking For, yeah when we come, Back we've got an. Update i'm about to get a. Patch speedy has talked privately To larry something to MY. I, yeah and we also know what. Happened we found the. Coat we know what happened, yep we know that's. Funny all, right we'll come. Back we'll give you that. Update we have other stories still to come on the. Program we'll say hello to all the monk seats and meet them as. Well before we're done. Today we'll be right.
Speaker 2: Back this is The Rick Burgers. Show the man new pointed, though that there is no such thing as botless wings Rick.
Speaker 1: Burgers all, Right so here we, Are. America what a day. Today we've covered a. Lot don't forget any part of the show that you, missed go back and take on the parts in the podcast archives are the YouTube archive either one of those works and our Own BLAZE tv as, well so you can always grab any part of the show you missed if you don't catch all of it. Live we'll meet the box seats coming up next. Hour and don't forget, also we were coming up On. Tuesday how about we just got him here The Ironhill. Press Andy blanks just came by and brought here they are they're not they're now being. STOCKED i just got the hardcover Of Men Don't run The ring there it is so just delivered that, Man i'm gonna sign this and give it to. Mom thank. You a matter of, fact some of you were asking speaking about signing. Stuff somebody you were, texting And speedy was trying to for me to Get sherry on the phone today to talk about what it was like for, her and she just texted me. Back she, Said i'm, sorry, BABY i just checked my phone right. NOW i was so overwhelmed BY i don't THINK i could put it into, words but give, me you, know, maybe but in the Future i'm happy to come on for certain. Things with this, one this was just too. Much i've got to unpack. It i've got to take it. In you. Know it's one thing to hear about. It it was no thing to hear these stories firsthand from other people into when she, said when she was looking at the seventy Five, jersey it was more than she ever, expected you, know for how it was, emotion emotion of it. All so she says she has to gather, herself but she's thankful that the audience would want to hear her side of. It but she, said based on WHAT i heard you, RECAP i believe you covered. It So i'm not gone, Right so there we, go all, Right so this is hardcover comes out On, tuesday the audio. VERSIONS i think it may come out the same, day or it may be a delayed EBOOK i know will be the. Same we'll have a link for you to get one if you, desire and also get a signed copy For Father's day if you like that. Too we'll have both. Options you don't have to do, that but they'll both be available to. You all that coming On. Tuesday but this is this is. Exciting you, know we had the advanced conference, copies but they were. Paperback they weren't. Finished all the editing wasn't. Done but this is. Nice they really did a good. Job So, ironhill thank you for the great job you did on. That look it turned out. Great all. Right so you have a, report and you talked To larry off the. Ear you know where he, is and you know what caused, It, okay.
Speaker 5: Yep SO i called him in the break just you, know trying to take, ownership and and and called, him.
Speaker 1: And he talked to him in his.
Speaker 5: Voice, NO i said a couple of times to, me a couple of since that's the reason he was. UPSET i didn't want to do it, again SO i, thought and SO i called him and and and we talk and he said That it was not the YouTube chat room that that's.
Speaker 1: Not where our free chat. Nation you're free on this.
Speaker 5: Room it was In facebook comments or their little chat or something that someone said that we were making fun of. Him what and led him to believe that that's what we were. Doing but he was not he did. It from WHAT i could, tell he was not the one that was mad or. Upset it was someone told him that we were making fun of.
Speaker 1: It, Hey, larry don't don't let others this is that thing that's happening our society, now especially on social media and all. This don't let others tell you how you. Feel.
Speaker 5: Yeah and Then carolyn Even carolyn even chimed in and she, SAID i was. NOT i couldn't be more surprised of his of him, calling saying that today she seemed a little down.
Speaker 1: Because she loves the.
Speaker 5: Show And, greg you you were privy to the conversation, Too AM i being?
Speaker 1: Accurate?
Speaker 5: Yeah you are, Actually but she was upset, about you, know about him not want to call. Anymore she was wanted to from WHAT i. Heard but when we talk about making fun of well there's times we, are but we make fun of each other.
Speaker 1: Too we make fun of. Everybody i've realized that some of you out there you grew up taking make fun Of speedy a.
Speaker 5: Lot, yes some of you out there make fun of you, too a, Bunch but that's BECAUSE i love, you. Man sure you, everybody you grew, up you grew up taking yourself entirely too.
Speaker 1: Serious you take yourself too too. Serious lighting up francis okay, because as they just pointed out with each, other the environment we grew up, in and we do this show so we are who we are. Now if you don't want to participate in, it that's. Fine but there was no greater pat on the back that made you feel more included than for all your, buddies all your buddies to start rasing. You and you, know, honestly the people That i'm not willing to ras and cut up, WITH i honestly don't have much interest, in, Right that's. Right the ones That i'm interested in and want to hang around, with razzing's part of. That you ras on, ME i ras on. You some of my, closest dearest friends that had been there in my darkest. Days we have both said things about each other that were making fun of each, other and it was, hilarious but the person who was receiving it knew the person saying it was just embellishing to be. Humorous they really didn't mean anything mean by. Right and some of y'all don't seem to understand, that don't know how to do. That so you, know Maybe i'll just need to find somewhere else to. Go But i'm just saying and. Hilarious it's a.
Speaker 5: Unique the fact the reason you even had a relationship is he called to promote his patch.
Speaker 1: Collection that's. Funny i'm, Sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah it, IS i.
Speaker 5: SAID i told him first of, all and some of the vox seats, HEARD i, SAID i apologize and his voices AND i, SAID i wasn't making fun of. YOU i was having fun with. You and to, me there was a little. DIFFERENT i, MEAN i wasn't trying to be.
Speaker 1: HATEFUL i was just having.
Speaker 5: Fun AND i, said if, that if it came across AND i heard, Feelings i'm, sorry and he's and he, said and WHAT i won't talk like but he, said he, said, well thank you for, calling and it you, know and it came from it came From, facebook and and he, said, Okay i'll keep. Calling and he seemed pretty, uh pretty happy THAT i that we. Spoke, yeah and so when we hung, up everybody was happy and he's, Like i'm glad that cleared the air and we moved. On, Okay so that's good and, so but it did come From, facebook and we do have some out. There just like in, anything you could probably search somebody's name AND i bet you they're in ten different chats about ten different, topics and every one of them are negative about everything they talk.
Speaker 1: About and you have to watch out for. Those, yeah they don't want to have a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah so somebody steered him wrong a little bit, now and somebody, said, no this is. Different these are.
Speaker 1: Callers it's not different because you're calling this show of your own free will and we didn't prank. You and you know that everybody on here how this show. Operates, everybody including the all the all the, hosts all the people in the box, seats all the people, calling all the people doing. Whatever you're all potential content for the. Show if you don't want to, be then don't. Call if that's not your. Thing you don't like people cutting. Up you, know my wife said to me, Before i'm not your, Brother i'm not the guys the way that you c When sherry AND i do cut, Up BUT i cut up with her in a Different oh, yeah because she said this stuff y'all, DO i don't particularly want to do, it so we, don't you, Know so we do our own version as husband and. Wife now we do give each other a hard, time And sharry can get right in there and cut up with the best of. Them but she, SAYS i don't like you to ras, me you and the, guys and we do, that but she. Does she. Does she knows that IF i do, it it's not BECAUSE i don't like you, Know it's Because i'm having, fun because that's what we. Do so if you're if you're over there and you, say, HEY i don't really like to be, tackled, well then don't play. Football. Okay you, know, hey they're all playing football out, here and it's like they're TACKLING i don't want to be. Tackled, well you can't run out there with the ball and then get tackled and cry about. IT i mean, this this is you know what you're getting into when you come here and you know that we're looking to have some fun and to cut up and to, laugh and we are not trying to be mean spirited about, it and if we ever, are we'll call. It Remember larry was never. Bothered somebody Told larry he should be, Bobbed, yeah and he. Did that's, different.
Speaker 5: Yea he didn't want to make that. Clear it wasn't just him dreaming it, up you. Know and Like, greg what's to? Say greg's not upset that people.
Speaker 1: Say people are sending pictures Of greg right now with cross, eyes cross, eyed and some of y'all, soo you shouldn't talk make fun of being cross. Sided, well this isn't your but when talking about it makes me feel Like i'm going. Across but this is not your. Show then you you really think that we you, KNOW i would think the best thing that most everybody could do is laugh at. Yourself then the sooner you learned, that the better off your life is gonna be Frank.
Speaker 5: And if you're not being, Honest larry's got a unique sounding voice and that's gonna be part of.
Speaker 1: It we're supposed to pretend like you. Doesn't, yeah, okay don't make him bad. Person it does not do a Unique he does have a patch. Collection you put those two, together you got SOMETHING i would, say it makes it more. Interesting oh, yeah, Absolutely and he's got. Myself BUT i mean we're. GOOD i, mean but we and that just hits.
Speaker 3: You, yeah we just we just, clear we cleared the, air AND i feel BECAUSE i wanted to make. SURE i told him that the cutest little, couple And carolyn was in the. Background, still that's.
Speaker 1: It we're getting rid Of. Facebook that's read The facebook. Page people are gonna, hate they were gonna. Hate just move. Off but so, ANYWAY i felt better if could talking to. Him did YOU i? DID i really. Did did he feel? BETTER i felt like his voice that he.
Speaker 2: Did this is The Rick Burgis. Show. Warning in order to truly benefit from this, show you must have a sense of. Humor so like Enough francis and enjoy The Rick Burgish Show brandy.
Speaker 3: Hour thank you for being with Us. America it's time for us to update you on this does not look, good, boy it didn't look. GOOD i just got an email From LARRY i said he's got two tickets to A Paul thorn concert and he's.
Speaker 1: Out, okay all, Right so, anyway thank you so much for being with us for another. Hour you think you? Missed catch? It on the. Archives i'll so a new new podcast coming out this, Weekend Strange. Encounters it's a podcast about spiritual WARFARE uh and the war in the and the. Supernatural if you are looking for the first, Episode BLAZE tv, subscribers you get it first tonight and then this weekend it'll be out wherever you get. Podcasts you. Do you see here in the audience Today Fox Box.
Speaker 3: Seats we've got The Big boy mic open here the god so The Big Boy mike is.
Speaker 1: Open we say hello to all of, them and then those who choose will come. Forward some don't want, to and that's, understandable but that's one. Take well that's. Somebody you know what they're. Saying there's tackle football going on out. THERE i don't want to, flay that's. RIGHT i was staying over here and enjoying the. Show so first of, all does not want to come up to The Big Boy. Mic but she's here and That's Palestrina. Conkling so thank you for being our guest. Today it has been a pleasure coming up to the. Mic we Have alex And David. Conklin they will come to the to The Big Boy. Mike now we.
Speaker 5: Go now this is some of Our texas, bunch, right, yes and they brought gifts and bags with good, stuff all kinds of great.
Speaker 1: Start, right so be sure and talk right in the. Mic you might want to bring up just a little bit. There don't let it make you cross. That, yeah all, right it'll. Do so you guys came all the way from? Where what part Of? Texas, Springtown?
Speaker 8: Texas it's right outside Of Fort.
Speaker 1: Worth oh? Wow did? Trip so? When how did you make the journey? Happen all in one? Move came.
Speaker 8: In we walked at four o'clock yesterday morning and got here at five o'clock yesterday.
Speaker 20: Evening.
Speaker 1: Wow, nice, great it's easy for. Us we're truck. Drivers. All so you've got the old man's strong shirt. On you've got The Rick birdes show shirt. On so any any shout out your?
Speaker 8: Questions, yeah there's one shout out uh to my son's best. Friends she helped us. Handle what about the dog? Situation so we can come? Up Name, Peyton? Peyton, Okay? Peyton what about the? Dog Pat what about?
Speaker 1: You you got? Anything he, asked, y'all what's your handle on on truck being? Trucker what your y'all have a handle normally you don't do handles. Anymore we're way. Outdated, okay they're very, rare now are they? Really? Okay you can have them in a.
Speaker 20: Trug the main thing is to see.
Speaker 8: Trap you just turned.
Speaker 20: Off, hey what's what's going on up?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 1: Yeah what do we need to? Be you could be all man, strong just All man strong checking? Out yeah, yeah so uh and you've got you guys brought tons of food. Today what all did you?
Speaker 11: Bring we brought, Donuts french, toast maple bacon. Donut how about as For? Greg and Then i'm talking from calachis.
Speaker 5: And bags with unique gifts for each one of, us and thank y'all got some golf, BALLS i got some, CHOCOLATE i got.
Speaker 1: All kinds and a nice, coffee, yes, yes very, Nice thank. You we also bought some nutter butter cream, pie so all that? Heard have you heard of?
Speaker 10: Those?
Speaker 1: No? Wow nothing butter peanut butter sandwich cook, KEY i remember that. Cream, well thank you both for being sure that y'all came, here not just for, this, right you're going somewhere after this for the. Show we're. Sorry how do you get the? Show? Y'all streamers or? Podcasters what actually we're.
Speaker 8: Podcasters what we'll do is while we're off the, truck we don't listen at, all and then when we get back on the, truck we just start from the first one we, missed and we listened straight. Through there's times where it's took me eleven, hours sure drive eleven hour.
Speaker 1: Shift, see there are people that say the show is too. Long not for, him is not thank, you thank. You really wanted to do his, voice BUT i. Didn't yeah that's. Good well let's. SEE i hope this is not making you. OVERTHINKING i wanted to The geralds are. Here sherry does not want to be on the. Show she said, no she said no to the big boy.
Speaker 3: Mind but look at come ON gld Had, So, tim where are you?
Speaker 1: From we're from the Boss Hog? State From, Arkansas? Illinois oh, okay, YEAH i was talking About Boss. HOG i got. It, yeah in the hog in? There so what part Of? Illinois Southern? Illinois, yeah you've got you guys have affiliates. There but do you listen another?
Speaker 26: WAY i, listened tune, in tune, In, okay you're tuning, in you're tuning in.
Speaker 1: Person so you got got any questions or shout? Outs.
Speaker 26: Today, NO i MEAN i got shout. Outs my Nephew david is.
Speaker 1: Listening He, david buddy.
Speaker 26: Uh and then the guys From anderson overhead door some of those are.
Speaker 1: Listening oh, Yeah so obviously did did you find your way here through the thirty one years Of rick And bubba? Show? Yes? Okay so was it just scanning one? DAY i, mean how did you?
Speaker 26: DISCOVER i was just scanning one day and come up on you guys and started listening and haven't stopped.
Speaker 1: Listening? Good how do you like the new? Show? Fantastic? Well thank? YOU i Missed. Baba. Yeah the wisdom of a lot of wisdom, there thirty one years of. It we Got greg a lot of wisdom right, again, different a different kind of, wisdom but.
Speaker 26: Metal Sometimes greg will say SOMETHING i already thinking that in my, head.
Speaker 1: Intelligence say about his tim don't tell everybody that thanks for being? Here very kind of you'd be, here you and fantastic and you share it just like my wife does with an. Eye well how about? That all? Right? So also we Got jackie killing's. Worth jackie will come to The big boy.
Speaker 3: MinC, yes she lost in, battle she, lost but we all, won that's, right thank you for being.
Speaker 1: Here where are you? From?
Speaker 4: Community about five miles from the.
Speaker 1: Farm you are about five miles from the font.
Speaker 4: Eat it the barbecue.
Speaker 1: Restaurant have they got Their Rick burgess show shirts?
Speaker 3: On?
Speaker 1: You have you? Seen? Okay?
Speaker 4: On ask next?
Speaker 27: Time?
Speaker 1: Okay so you have any questions or shout? Outs Happy Mother's day to my.
Speaker 3: Mom there was only one seed available, Yesterday So i'll bring her next, time and my, husband my, son and in nine more.
Speaker 4: School Days i'll be retired. Educator that's.
Speaker 1: Great thank you for all the many years pretty. Sick you've earned. It you have earned. Well thank, you and thanks for listening to the. Show thank you all. Right so also we have up.
Speaker 3: Next we're gonna do two bakers, Here jake And Easton, baker and they want to.
Speaker 1: Come up and say.
Speaker 3: HELLO i shout there they come all, Right so where where are The baker's from?
Speaker 1: From we talk all about week the. Tump thank you very, much And baker beat me And burgess ball on the.
Speaker 20: BREAK i got a child name why?
Speaker 1: Not he looked At that's what's. Funny that's what my father's. Son it's. Good it's not like you, know it's good. DELIVERED i have a child's. NAME i realized.
Speaker 20: That, yeah thank, YOU i said THAT i don't feel Like, jason very grown up.
Speaker 1: Name pretty good, delivery that's. Good that's.
Speaker 13: Good.
Speaker 1: Good so any, questions your shout?
Speaker 20: Outs, no, HEY i would like to thank you. All it's nice having a show THAT i can let little man listen to AND i have to worry about.
Speaker 1: Stuff well most of the. Time great felst.
Speaker 20: Time he can't understand and stuff.
Speaker 1: You he, said don't worry the. Stuff greag says he can't, understand.
Speaker 6: Dirty.
Speaker 1: UNCLE i feel. Better so so you Got eastern you got a shout. OUT i just want to give a shout out to my mom, my, sister my grandpa and Grandma. Mama Happy Mother's, day oh and happy mother's good. Job yeah From, Easton, right we got one. More of, course he won The burgess Small battle today talking About Josh, Scampbell Josh, Campbell Josh, campbell he Cous, josh what's? Up but, hey what's going?
Speaker 27: On?
Speaker 1: Congratulations thank you very.
Speaker 4: Much i'm sorry About.
Speaker 13: Will, yeah that's all right about one click away one click.
Speaker 1: Learned about the.
Speaker 13: Mic yeah we, Did mike Arm, WELL i didn't have a struggling cross looks. Already see what You mean'll Do that'll do?
Speaker 1: That so where are you from another? Time do you know these? Things? Yeah so my wife And jake's wife are. Cousins So, jake you little man's. Married That's. Ja so who's wife sent the? Bread that's my? Wife oh, yeah did she intended me to take that home for? Yourself?
Speaker 13: Well she she wanted me to let you, know like it's a parmesan with, spices sour.
Speaker 1: Dough stayed up late last. NIGHT i had to get it out this.
Speaker 13: Morning it was in the bag and What but she, said she wanted me to let you know that she made it with.
Speaker 4: Love from an amillennial.
Speaker 13: Rick not to be, mad but she'd also like to discuss some theology with.
Speaker 1: You, hey let me ask you. This did she is she doing that thing like where the door where they keep it alive and you feed it? Eighteen is that one of? Those is that where it came? From i'm excited about. Now did Was jake supposed to bring in cinnamon?
Speaker 13: Rolls allegedly allegedly reportedly there was supposed to be some cinnamon rolls brought. In the INSTRUCTIONS i think became.
Speaker 1: A little too. Difficult, okay it was her. Homemade it wasn't like popping from a canow jake being a. KID i don't know how you. Can't you can't put that pressure on a little. Bit stop got oh, yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah we got up a little extra early and make sure that. Happened, well thank you to your. Wife and so there's.
Speaker 1: One there's.
Speaker 13: One, yeah my wife another shout. Out so my oldest, Daughter harper is. Listening she loves the show. SHOW i wanted to tell, her, uh, Hello i've got four. Kids she's not she's not the. Favorite she thinks she. IS i wanted to particularly give her a shout, out.
Speaker 1: But she's not the. Favorite even though she got the.
Speaker 13: Show she did get the shout. Out SO i can explain a little bit more. Later but but, yeah so There's, Harper, Olivia, emery and little Man. Rowan that's a. Lot and my wife homeschool so she's the.
Speaker 5: Same yeah bread, yeah, yeah there you.
Speaker 1: Go well what. Pleasure AND i know your, family your kids and your wife proud of you. Winning, yeah they're pretty. Pomid i'm going to bring home. Nothing that's, right that's what you. Got thank, you Thank you'll there he is the winner, today and and that bread is strictly for me to take. Home you've done, claim you? Claim have you been pulling off of? IT i want to try.
Speaker 3: IT i even.
Speaker 1: Tried you hadn't ever been in. There you can't go in. There, Right we'll be.
Speaker 4: BACK i don't know SAID i can.
Speaker 3: Go thank you vox seats wonderful folks. Today we'll be right.
Speaker 1: Back more of the.
Speaker 2: Show rather, This this is The Rick Burgess. Show the man was old enough to point out that there is no such thing as. Dogs dogs just don't believe.
Speaker 15: As long as humans week.
Speaker 1: Burches we're, Back thank You.
Speaker 3: America all, Right so we've got a lot to cover still and only a little time to cover. It, Okay so those of you out there that have, thought you know, What i've heard you guys talk about your home, state sweet Home, alabama All, obama the.
Speaker 1: Beautiful i'd love to come there and maybe do some. Hunting i've heard y'all talk about. Hunting, well go to rickburgesshow dot com looked under the contest, button or go directly To alabama roadtrips dot org and you could be In Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist, association you, know road tripping is An american is As american as apple pine backyard. Barbecues we love. It and here's your chance to have the Ultimate North alabama hunting road trip To Willowoak lodge free range. Hunt but, boy they've got great land And i'm talking about they managed thousands of. Acres it's a two day. Hunt Beautiful Willow Oak lodge where is fifteen hundred dollars total in. Value it's located Atop Spruce Pine. Mountain, well you talk about a gorgeous view In North. Alabama what a beautiful. Place Willow oak manages several thousand acres of land for free range, hunting giving you all types of an opportunity to maybe bag the buck of a. Lifetime you will be responsible if you win for all the, licenses like any kind of license you might. Need you got to follow the laws In. Alabama that's one buck per day along with baiting. Laws the hunt must be used within one calendar year and is non. Transferable sign up an enter to win today At alabama roadtrips dot. Org That's alabama roadtrips dot, org or you can find the link At Rick Burgess show dot. Com under. Sponsors so we did we opened up some of the gifts from the, audience and the Text nation, said thanks to the Wonderful vox seats today they're all. Starving but we went to open up our gift bags that we got from our friends From, texas And adler really had something special in, His greg and it's one of your favorite, stories and we all got special. Stuff But, adler what was in your gift? Bank bullet? Keychain a bullet. Keychain and those who don't know That adler's first crime he committed as a, kid and he got banned from a theme.
Speaker 4: Park, YEAH i got banned from from Six flags fes To texas.
Speaker 1: For stealing a bullet keychain.
Speaker 4: Trying to impress my. Friends it's a horrible, moment one of the, worst lowest moments of my. Childhood greg brings it up all the.
Speaker 3: Time but now you have. It you brought You you've got a legitimate bully bullet.
Speaker 1: Keychain.
Speaker 4: Yeah they don't if you like get busted for stealing, something they don't let you keep. It SO i NEVER i never got to keep.
Speaker 1: This so and you didn't want to buy one later because.
Speaker 4: That was right bad. Memories, Yeah so but now we can haul laugh it up and show us the.
Speaker 1: Darkest moment to my, child show us how you snuck it in your? Pocket, YEAH i.
Speaker 20: Put it in my.
Speaker 4: Pocket and then there was an undercover right, standing a woman standing. Right, no she was standing right next to. Me T i was just trying to impress my. Friends i'm not a. THIEF i was trying to make my friends laugh and Be let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: Question it was less.
Speaker 4: Than two, dollars and they didn't press charges because it was less than two.
Speaker 1: Dollars if your friends told you to jump off a, cliff would.
Speaker 4: You, yeah probably BECAUSE i was a.
Speaker 3: Knucklehead, no but didn't you get? Banned didn't you get banned from the?
Speaker 4: Park, yes my season pass didn't work for the rest of the. Summer that was a lonely. Summer, friends because they're all going To, TEXAS i could finally ride the.
Speaker 1: Rides, yeah you're tall. Enough, gosh but you know what she say to you when you when she called, you.
Speaker 4: She, said what's in your? Pocket AND i said, nothing panic pooping in my?
Speaker 1: Pants she walked you to the. Office, yes we all had to.
Speaker 4: Go it ruined the whole. Day my parents had to pick us, up and y'all like to talk about it like it's.
Speaker 1: Funny your, parents my, parents.
Speaker 4: My, Dad my dad loves, Me my dad loves. Me hated me that.
Speaker 1: Day he was so, mad so mad Because i'm a knucklehead.
Speaker 4: Idiot people don't do things that you're gonna regret.
Speaker 1: Later we can ill speak to. That, yes, well at least you have your key.
Speaker 4: Chain thank you guys From. Texas AND i also appreciate the eminem's regular. Size oh, wait these are mini's, okay all?
Speaker 1: Right yeah yeah we got we got by the, way he has A texas hat.
Speaker 4: Too, yeah, YEAH i love. IT i will wear.
Speaker 1: That that's. COOL i got this hat for.
Speaker 5: Campus oh, yeah let me see it's a Good, yeah thank you all for a SOMETHING i got my, goodness all kinds of cool. Stuff we got that huge coffee cup. Mug, yeah we show this on the air of THE i can't pick it.
Speaker 1: Up you could thing of? Bath how about. This i'm GLAD i didn't do with my right. SHORE i wouldn't be able. To all, right so look at this. CAR i want you to start drinking coffee out of. There IF i drink coffee out of, That i'd have a hearty cardiac of.
Speaker 4: ART i can put mister chin in. That that's his new house right.
Speaker 1: There we could put my new handy. Ways Look i've got, stuff, man there there's NOTHING i can't fix.
Speaker 4: NOW i look look at that tool tool.
Speaker 1: Pack, rick take that. Out do you know what that how to even use? It you got a box? Cutter huh that's a. Knife i'm, Sorry, No, rick you gotta take, everything open it. Up it's you'll never. Figure well let me tell, you, YEAH i got that.
Speaker 11: All.
Speaker 4: Right what's the real sharp part that's like closest to the on that particular.
Speaker 1: Thing what's that you're talking about the needle?
Speaker 4: Nose, yes, yes the closest. Part what's that.
Speaker 1: For the closest we're talking about.
Speaker 4: Like the very pinchiest part.
Speaker 1: Here, YES i do little. CUTTING i need Custom, okay, okay, okay that's. Good you guys you know how a Photos but thank, You, no it's nowhere near.
Speaker 2: It no good and crazy.
Speaker 1: In your glass. APARTMENT i will have it in, there nutty, Buddy, YEAH i got nutty. Buddy you need a brittle? Box now this are you really? Sweet you can't drink out of. This that's more of a.
Speaker 3: Conversation, yeah everything's bigger In.
Speaker 1: TEXAS i gotta leave a golf balls than one hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Bill, wow, boy can't change to remind me of the darkest part of my.
Speaker 1: Child this is when he brought Out angie's hundred dollar. Bill he's been keeping it.
Speaker 2: Now he Is The Wick Burgess. Show this is What trump had in mind when he sought to Make america great. Again The Rick Budgers.
Speaker 1: Show, yeah let's go.
Speaker 3: Back we've got lots to, do a little bit of time to do, It so let's jump to the jump to the people.
Speaker 1: Here it's a.
Speaker 3: Chump when, man prepare yourself. Talk when, man, look if you email it and you put hay, bird Hey, BURGE i assume you want us to.
Speaker 1: Discuss MAYBE i should keep names. Out MAYBE i should keep names out on this. One mm. Hmm, guys he's in a, dilemma needs our. Help no. Names, dicey, dicey hey, bird hey, Bird i'm? Right who's? Right in this following, situation our church started having, coffee, donuts breakfast, foods, casseroles castro Before sunday school to try to boost. Attendance it. WORKED i was not a regular. Attendee oh, no but Now i'm starting to push myself to be a regular In sunday. School it worked just because of. That, look whatever it, takes The Holy spirit will do the. Rest, OKAY i mean they go in cast, rows not just and to me that was the turning. Point the other, yeah well you, know but that's it's not starts at eight. THIRTY i want to be there at at eight thirty Every sunday. Morning we only live five minutes from the, church SO i would like to be rolling by eight twenty. Five he's saying the food starts at eight. Thirty after being there from eight forty to eight fifty a few, TIMES i told my WIFE i was going to start leaving at eight twenty five from this point, On to my, surprise this has caused several tense arrivals at, church her upset with, me of all places to ease the. Tension so he keeps trying to get there at a certain, time and she keeps making them. Late AND i know that that's never. HAPPENED i don't know what he's talking about about women running you, late AND i guess this does. Happen, Yeah and here's where he went. Bold here's where he went. BOLD i think some of you in here were cringe a. Little to ease the, TENSION i, THOUGHT i, suggested let's just not ride, together separate vehicles only five minutes from. Church she didn't take. That, Well, NO i bet she. DIDN'T i could see that one. Coming it's like eight. Twenty, now who's wrong in this? Situation SHOULD i have not suggested? This SHOULD i not? Have SHOULD i have just kept my mouth shut and kept being? Late so they're in The bible study? Together, yes, okay sit in a men's. Thing co. Ed it's co, ed your standard adult. Coed she care about.
Speaker 5: Eating he doesn't say you could always pitch it Like i'm going to go early and. Eat you can just get there when it.
Speaker 1: Starts you really think that's going to. Go i'm just saying he can play it that. Way it's not. Great it's not. Great it's not. GREAT i you clearly, though say eight p, fifteen so you leave by. Eight that's where that's where he really dropped the. Ball you should have never let her. Know you should have had her thinking that that y'all have to be there at eight, twenty and then you would have got there at eight.
Speaker 5: Thirty that's. It that's the only. Adjustment and that's a veteran. Move you probably not a. Veteran you may not know, that. Sir i'm going to, say nobody is right or. Wrong he's asking is he. Wrong i'm just saying you were. Foolish it's not a good.
Speaker 1: Plan, yeah it's not a good because this is the kind of stuff that enrages. Wives you, know when it comes to Their i've noticed how long it takes them to do something. There it is. Undefeatable you cannot. Win and so that's why you have to do things like What speedy talked. About you can't change. It they don't have the ability to understand how long things. Take they just didn't seem to be able to do. It and you, know we've all seen our wives like not be ready, yet and we're looking at the clock and we're going it's. Impossible and they.
Speaker 5: Get called out BECAUSE i keep pacing by the. Bathroom i've gone this, Far i've gone as.
Speaker 1: Far what are you doing in? There i've. Gone i've got gone as far as to go, outside go, outside walk, around because IF i stay, INSIDE i keep going to the, BATHROOM i keep going in there to look and there's nothing that infuriates them more is for you just for them to see you kind of kind of. Hovering they hate. It, OH i got called out yeah other week for. THAT i got called out on that just in the last. Week.
Speaker 4: Yeah how much of a buffer do?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 4: Guys, like if you really want to leave at, noon what time do you tell the whole? Family, hey we're leaving it this? Time eleven, fifteen, yep eleven, fifteen eleven.
Speaker 5: Fifteen, yeah, Gracious oh, REALLY, sa it's that bad. Intent i'm a twenty minute. Guy i'm about fifteen. Twenty i'm twenty thirty. MINUTES i don't need the f you're like forty five forty. Five, WELL i don't need the whole, time but at LEAST i make a GOAL.
Speaker 1: I THINK i can. Hit, yes that's. NORMALLY i don't use the whole, time but, wow that's.
Speaker 4: IT i shoot for thirty. Minutes you, KNOW i do.
Speaker 1: THINK i do, think even though it's not all that lovey, dovey and you want to be lovey, dovey you never stop dating your. WIFE i would, say you, see we're practical most. Men i'm just being. General there's individual, differences but in, general men just think, logical and we don't really think about the feelings that much of what we're. Promoting BUT i will SAY i think that most things would run smoother if the husband and wife would write. Separate now it can't be. Done it can't Be and that's that's one of those. THINGS i, MEAN i might as well be saying life would be, better life would be better if we could flap our arms and. Fly that's not gonna. Happen, okay you can't go there because to suggest, it for some, reason they take it as a as a dig on, them when really you're just trying to, say you, know that, Way i'll get there when WHEN i kind of want, to and you'll get there when you apparently want, to and, yeah. Tough. Yeah so and it's gotten a it's gotten a lot better and and it and it's the Thing i've noticed is AND i finally determined. It they AND i did it yesterday on FORGETTING i was going fifteen minutes, further SO i had A i did my own version of it. Yesterday i've noticed there's no concept of how long something, takes you. Know, yeah so you know you'll sometimes you, know you will, say, wow what we're never gonna make? That and and. You they kind of thought you that you, could but so nobody nobody's wrong in. This you just made a foolish. Decision you really do if you want to go, back because here's your, problem AND i won't say his, name here's your. Problem your motivation to get there early now is. Food if you could sit down have some deep spiritual conversation that you don't think it's right to be late for The bible study because you're missing part of The bible. Study you could somehow come across as looking like a spiritual. Leader but but unfortunately you're trying to get this time to eat and and that is not in her. Mind you, know if you're making The bible, STUDY i don't think you're going to sell. Her only need to be there for the.
Speaker 5: Food Rick greg just slid me a. Note he, said if she'd get up and rather than pots and pans and make, breakfast they wouldn't have to look, OKAY.
Speaker 1: I thought it say. That if you did, NOT i don't know what that wouldn't. BE i wouldn't have to go eat the. Casero, yeah here you can have. It, money thank, You, yeah thank you for?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: Right you, know don't don't really say what. Time, NOW i will say, this AND i know little kid world is a different. WORLD i will say That i'm not talking about the. Eating, Okay and he he. Shouldn't he shouldn't have suggested what he. Is he just he just made his life miserable Every sunday for here from. Now it's. Miserable but, anyway especially because we read. It, yeah there's nothing quite quite so spiritual like getting in the car upset with each, other ready to worship The. Lord but but.
Speaker 5: In an effort not to be upset with each. Other i'm gonna go ahead and go and you get there when you want.
Speaker 1: To that's not a.
Speaker 5: Problem BUT i don't want to be all upset and to say in the, Cars i'm gonna go ahead and go see, There love You.
Speaker 1: God love your well meaning. Heart that sounds. Great so you don't want to ride with, me that's what you're gonna. Be, NO i do want to ride church like what we have in murder. Problems, okay you got to be careful with. It we gotta be. Ready, well good for, you mister. Courage since we're not there right.
Speaker 5: Now with Him Mother's day weekend being, here we're never late for. Anything i'm just playing a.
Speaker 1: Right some people have this problem The BUT i will say this not on the, eating but on The bible. Study being someone who who is part of a class teaching these people that walk into A bible study twenty minutes late every? Time does that not bother? You? That that would make me very. UNCOMFORTABLE i, mean everybody's, sitting everybody's, quiet The bible's being.
Speaker 5: Taught you're coming in the door twenty minutes. Late what is y'all's mark? For, okay we're so late we can't?
Speaker 1: Go is it five three minutes? Now i'll come. IN i would come in five minutes, late but not beyond. THAT i, mean you realize sometimes how how deep you've got into the study at the ten minute? Mark, YEAH i mean it's rolling. Now and but that would that would bother. Me, NOW i know there's sometimes there may be things beyond your, control but if you're just not getting, There LIKE i saw somebody come in about twenty minutes late the other day AND i noticed they were drinking, coffee AND i, thought, wow you you went ahead and got, coffee.
Speaker 3: AND i was probably didn't put your. Girl did y'all feel pressed a little?
Speaker 1: Bit that maybe the teachers have prepared this lesson and we're starting it at this, time and they put a lot of work into, it and you've just kind Of it's.
Speaker 5: Like seeing a player late for. Practice he ain't running to the, field he's just getting out of the. Car, yeah i'd actually come a little.
Speaker 1: Frantic, yeah you, know maybe even one of these Whispers i'm so, sorry you, KNOW i mean that instead of kicking the door open like it's a saloon and coming in drinking your. Coffee you know, Again i'm so. SORRY i wanted to ride separate so, UH i didn't even get to.
Speaker 10: Eat i'm.
Speaker 1: Sorry so there we. Go, hey, look it was a bold, move but your whole problem was the, motivation and that's where you want to. Ground we'll come, back believe it or. Not Joe biben has been on The. View has he been on there? Again oh my, GOODNESS i. Can't, yeah oh, yeah all, right we'll come. Back we'll wrap up the hour stick.
Speaker 2: Gloves this is The Rick burgess Show Men Don't run in The. Rain the new book By Rick burch's available everywhere in the.
Speaker 3: Thirteen all, right so we got breaking news and we will hit The view as.
Speaker 1: Well breaking news out Of North. Carolina others are reporting at SPEEDY i think it may be.
Speaker 5: True, yeah and we have we have a show here and a little bit of audio that was kind of validating the report here from a couple of different sources That Bill belichick's girlfriend has been banned from THE unc football. Facility about maybe three or four different news outlets are reporting. This so take things like it is because of the, situation you know What i'm talking. ABOUT i don't know what's going, on but, this, UH i don't. Know if you want to just.
Speaker 1: You picture now you ever you ever back to this? Again you ever? Been and of course this is a, girlfriend so it's, different but also could be much. Harder. You you can't work for them. Anymore they banned, me and they came, out how can you keep working for? Them? Right they did, say, though the reason why since you kept interrupting team, meetings raising her hands saying she had to go to the. Potty it's. Good, OH i told these two, earlier SO i hope thanks were laughing. Again, YEAH i think this is. Truth. Man right, NOW i don't, KNOW i don't know. This, uh this is this her talking?
Speaker 5: About, no this is this is the one of the news outlets that part of The Draft kings network that broke the. Story uh, Here i'm talking about what we just. Discussed but, yeah it could it could. Be let me just say. That but, anyway here you.
Speaker 12: Go a couple of breaking news updates since what has happened publicly since we last Gathered Number, one, okay two sources at The university Of North carolina telling me that there has been a decision was made last week by the higher ups inside the athletic department that at Hired Bill belichick to be the highest paid public, employee not just, coach in the state Of North carolina at ten million dollars a, year and that decision was That Jordan hudson is no longer allowed in the football. Building she is not allowed on the football.
Speaker 10: Field.
Speaker 12: QUOTE i don't think you'll be hearing much From jordan moving forward the.
Speaker 4: Building i'm.
Speaker 1: Right so that's good. There so that's kind of who, knows we'll. See i'm with, You, GREG i don't think he would go along with, that AND i. Did and if he, did of course you may not have had a. Choice but he's going to be a headache for him for big. Time you, mean What i'm saying is banned from the. FIELD i, mean you can't even walk in the field after the game like everybody else. Does maybe everything like the practice field ONLY i don't. Know, YEAH i don't. Know she can't call, plays no more offensive, coordinator they. Said when they told, her she threw herself on the floor and started spinning. Around here they are stumping her, feet holding her. Breath here they are at THE.
Speaker 4: U i guess this is The museum Of Natural. HISTORY i Think Bill belichick took her there to so that she could learn about his.
Speaker 1: Childhood that's, good Good, bill that's a good. One Mister, adler that's a good. One oh that's. Funny Uh, so speaking of old, People Joe, biden we do have is he on the view? Again? Was, YEAH i think That i'm REALLY i Think i'm really interested in to be just because of the. Statement you're okay with? That BECAUSE i know time, WISE i don't think we can get them all. In are you good with? Two B? Yeah those two a pretty.
Speaker 4: Good the first one's great, too because it is it's basically talk about his cognitive decline and he has to address that.
Speaker 1: Directly, well, okay let's do. That let's hear that that you're. Right that is.
Speaker 25: Important, okay have come out deeply since you left. Office there have been a number of books that have come out deeply sourced from democratic sources that claim in your final year there was a dramatic decline in your cognitive abilities in the found year of your.
Speaker 4: Presdency what is your.
Speaker 21: Response to these?
Speaker 25: Allegations are these sources?
Speaker 4: Wrong they are.
Speaker 27: Wrong there's nothing to sustain. That but number, one number, two you, know think of what what we're left. With we left for the circumstance where we had an INSURRECTION i, started, yes nonsense of civil. War we had a circumstance where we were in a position that we well the pandemic because of the incomponents of the last, outfit end up over a million people.
Speaker 4: Dying that's the way.
Speaker 27: People we're also in a situation where we found ourselves unable to deal with a lot of just basic. Issues AND i won't call you in interesting. Time and so we went to work and we got it. Done and, uh you know one of those that.
Speaker 4: Is rambling to get cut off by well and, listen you, know one of the THINGS i think is that the people who wrote those books were not in The White house with.
Speaker 3: Us, no we didn't have to be in The White. House we watched him try to carry, on just like he tried to answer that.
Speaker 1: Question we need to hook him up With David, Brevig greg my name? Is the name Is. David Joe biden acts like he's losing his cognitive skills by telling while telling us he hasn't next next another sign that he's not in the real. World he says he would have Beaten Donald. Trump is that? Right that is?
Speaker 25: Correct you had previously said that you thought that you would have. Won since, Then Donald trump won all the battleground states and made in roads with almost every major, demographic from working class voters To hispanic men to black. Men knowing what you, know, now do you think you would have beat?
Speaker 27: Him, yeah he still got seven min fewer. Votes, yes, okay a lot of people didn't show up number, one number, one number. Two the, uh they're very close in those those toss up.
Speaker 1: States it.
Speaker 27: Was it wasn't a slam. Dunk and so, look you, know every Time i've been on the, show which you've been, Forced i've been fortunately beyond more than. Once thanks for having. Me is that we. Talk you guys don't focus on as. Much AND i think it's good polling, numbers but unful this. Way he's had the worst hundred days any presidents ever.
Speaker 1: Had, yeah that's a.
Speaker 4: Fact that's not a. Fact and what are you talking?
Speaker 1: About and.
Speaker 5: He's in that position WHERE i can CLAIM i would have won because there's we'll never have to find, out.
Speaker 1: Y'all should have kept me in. There, yeah you KNOW i could have Beat Mike cousin, too IF i just would have had a chance to fight. Him.
Speaker 4: Yeah and then also the, ELECTIONS i, mean that's. Fishy i'm, sorry it. Is we have all those mail in. Ballots that was the, weirdest fishiest even look at the look at all the votes That obama got in the years before. That biden's is a huge. Outlier there. Is i'm, sorry but there's just something real fishy about that election.
Speaker 1: Year, well at least it's, over, Yes, yeah and at least you know they can be you, know upset and keep doing all. That it's one of those things where just keep moving the, change keep moving. Forward it doesn't change. Anything let them have these, interviews let them talk about should, have could, have would, Have let them call one hundred days, bad even though if you may look at your life it actually has been. Good let them do. Whatever, yeah all, right, well wrapping up this, hour so remember a couple of. Things if you're wrapping, up you're going into the. Weekend remember that we do have the first episode of a brand new podcast this, Weekend Strange, encounters that will be tonight early For blaze subscribers everybody else you can get it on podcasts wherever you get. Podcasts and then also don't forget anything you missed this week on the. Show our daily podcast are available Another rick And Bubba's Greatest hits And Radio gold coming out this weekend as, well so all that content is available for you to. Consume and Then Lord willing will be back on The monday. Edition if you've got more of The Rick Burgess show, today. Enjoy if, not have a great, Weekend Lord, willing we'll talk to You.
Speaker 2: Monday this is The Rick Burgers. Show