Speaker 1: Welcome to the Ravens Press Pass Podcast. The Ravens improved the two and two after a dominant thirty five to ten win over the Buffalo Bills on Sunday Night Football at M and T Banks Stadium. The Ravens are now in a really good position after taking down a Bill, seeing that many people felt coming into this game might be the best team in the league. After the game, we had a chance to hear from several key players and head coach John Harball. So let's kick things off with Coach Harball.
Speaker 2: Well, see, well you see what I have to deal with every day.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you, guys. Thanks Dad, Sit down there, Sit down there.
Speaker 3: He's leaving. He's leaving. He's so disappointed, you guys. That was fun.
Speaker 2: He gave the greatest talk to the team yesterday that you ever heard in your life. And it will be it'll be recorded, it'll be on the Harball Coaching Academy for everybody to see here soon. So here's my plug. But congratulations a football team. The football team. I really think it shows what a group of men is capable of, a group of people is capable of when they just put their heads down. They don't worry about what people are saying, and they decided that they're gonna go to work every day. They're gonna meet, they're gonna work on football, and they're gonna practice the way you're supposed to practice. And when you do that as a football team, you have a chance to improve. And we have done that. Now we know we are just getting better. We know what's possible, we know what we're capable of. But we got a long way to go, and we got a lot of work to do. And we're just four games in and we got thirteen more regular season games to play, and where this season goes is gonna be defined by what we do in the next thirteen games plus. But I will say the leadership on this team is incredible. Kyle Hamilton's sitting right over there. Okay, young guy taking the reins. Okay, you know all the other guys. You know Roe, you know Lamar, you know Mark Andrews, Isaiah likely other young guys. Got a bunch of great leaders in this team. Guy like Pat McCarry going from right tackle to left guard like that and playing the way he did.
Speaker 3: These are the kind of things that make a difference. So with that, what questions you have?
Speaker 4: You know, the Bills came in undefeated and Josh Allen was considered the leading candidate for MVLY. Yeah. I know what you mean by like there's time left? But do you think this teammated an early statement with how they wanted to do.
Speaker 2: I just think our guys are humble and hard working and they understand that there's you know, faith, uh is is activated by belief, and we got a bunch of guys that believe, and they give glory where it's supposed to be given. You know, they give glory to God and to each other. They work hard and they have each other's backs, and that's all it is right now. Okay, So whatever else is said or written, it doesn't matter a matter of fact, we don't want to listen to the good stuff. If there is any good stuff, you're not interested in hearing it. You know, we just have to go to work. We got a big game next week and we gotta get ready for it.
Speaker 3: Coach jag hemert heart ninety nine yards rushing second way, You're always in a big game. How comfortable is to get in the involve in this offense? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean I think he's really excited about, you know, the offense itself. I think Todd Munkin and the offensive coaches, Willie Tagger, the running back coach, all of our guys have done a great job with kind of working through all the details of how to you know, actualize the vision the idea. Okay, we could be this, we could be that, but you got to put it together. So it's starting to come together.
Speaker 5: I think coaching coaching Derek now for four games, do you notice something with him pre game different than other people you've coached, or like, kind of take us inside what you see from him a pre game.
Speaker 6: That into the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's he's a pro. I mean I know that. He's a really good guy.
Speaker 2: He's very humble, he's a faith man of faith, he's a family man, and.
Speaker 3: He really loves football. And it's all. It's all.
Speaker 2: When he comes he thinks about it. He's driving into into work, he thinks about his football. Driving home, he thinks about it. He makes a play, he doesn't make a play. He wants to learn something about the offense. He calls, he texts his coach. It's all he talks about is football. It's all he wants to be doing when he's at the buildings, do football because it matters so much to him. You know, you appreciate that as a football coach.
Speaker 4: John Jump talked about some defensive players earlier, but can you talk a little about what Travis Jones is giving you out there because might not show up in the batch sheet see me.
Speaker 6: Playing at a dominant level.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. I thank Travis Jones is playing at a dominant level. And y obviously you watch that, you watch you. You're you're a front guy. You know you always have been, and uh, that's where the game is won and lost. Travis Jones is dominating inside.
Speaker 6: Last week you had said you thought maybe all of these conservative in the second half. Was there a conscious ever to be otherwise today? And how did how do you think that played out?
Speaker 3: There was?
Speaker 2: There was and you know they we got the two three and outs coming out, which was disappointing, and then Kyle Vannoy comes up with a big turnover that Kyle had a fabulous game, gets the turnover kind of gets just sparked a little bit. Then our offense takes over from there and we were we were running the ball. I thought very creatively, but also the boots, some of the some of the quick play action passes were good for us.
Speaker 3: Uh Lamar. Again, it's just been fantastic because you feel like.
Speaker 7: You have an a complete game.
Speaker 6: What it like to get it at home.
Speaker 8: Part of time against a team that had been probably the hottest team in football to this point.
Speaker 3: I mean, you do you work for moments like this.
Speaker 2: This is something we will remember, you know, and I hope all the fans will remember it, you know. I hope they look back at and say, you know, I was there that night, and but for us that that's important and it is valuable.
Speaker 3: But we have to get ready for next week.
Speaker 2: You know, We've got to go play a division game next week on the road in Cincinnati, and that's what we've got to get our focus on. So our guys will enjoy it, you know, through tomorrow, but they'll be back in Tuesday afternoon and it'll be all Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: I like, you guys set the tone from a physicality standpoint with that first run from Henry.
Speaker 6: Just what you were able to do in controlling both lines.
Speaker 2: At scrimmage, well, I mean it's just important to block people, you know, and I think our guys are doing a really good job across the board of blocking the offensive line, the tight ends, the wide receivers. You know, Lamar carries out his fakes. I just think that's the most important part of it I.
Speaker 9: Talked about in Dallas. You know, this is our identity. Obviously, you ran the ball well there similar you know performance tonight. How much does that say about what the identity of this team is moving forward?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, I mean that's that is That's kind of always been what we've been about.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I think if you look back in the history of the organization, even before you know, running the ball and playing great defense.
Speaker 3: Uh, and then we have weapons. You know, we just were blessed with weapons. I mean want of them.
Speaker 2: Just walked in here right now, best weapon in football right there, and and everybody rallies around him and he distributes to everybody else.
Speaker 3: So that's where it starts. But the run game, yes, the run game is massively important to us.
Speaker 5: Henry Henry will obviously be in the headlines. Can you speak to how integral Justice Zilla has becomeing to the offense And yeah, that seventeen yard game, you know, the third down the.
Speaker 2: Question, I mean, yeah, how about the screen the screen he took off with early in the game that made such a difference. We were we were second or third in him forever and he goes and gets it on a screen pass. Great screen blocking. Yeah, I was thinking Justice Hill has been very integral and I'm really really glad we got to resigned, you know, before he broke out the last two games.
Speaker 3: So that was that was nice.
Speaker 10: Trying to nasty at homes day because how kind of crucial was that cap Mask game between you guys playing heavy? I mean, say again, how kind of crucial was the cat Nows game between you guys?
Speaker 11: You know, being the team that can line up with have a car and a lot of tight ends in the field, and then being in the team that prefers to play with a lot of speed, a lot of later bodies, and what do you kind of expect going to this game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they have a good philosophy, they play a great defense doing it. They put a nicco on the field, they figure they can they're penetrating for three defense. They try to hit gaps and then they fill the gaps up on the perimeter, on the edges, and when you go big, you've seen them do in the past. We played them before with with dbs that show up to stop the run. That's what they do and it's worked.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: They try to, you know, horizontally, kind of defend the whole field horizontally, and they had the defensive backs as you gap out, so but our guys took advantage of that because they blocked them. When you block them, that makes the difference.
Speaker 3: Great. Thanks.
Speaker 1: Next up is quarterback Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 6: Lamar, what do you think a win in this fashion? What do you think this this says about the ratings?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 13: I believe cod said at all. You know, out back against the wall, we can prevail. You know, we come out there and fight. Uh faces played great to night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm all.
Speaker 8: Were you satisfied with the way you guys continue to be aggressively even where the league?
Speaker 6: I know that was a issue last point.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah I was, But I believe uh we was sc We scored every possession until I had fumbook and that that kind of started our momentum, you know, and then they they end up getting invall and a them scoring.
Speaker 3: Uh I was.
Speaker 13: I was checked off about that because, like I said, in the NFL a lot of games.
Speaker 3: Is a momentum type of game.
Speaker 13: And and we we go out there, we scored three times and then that fuma happened. Uh it slows us down. But our defense was playing lights out, you know. Off Slone played wonder foot and shout out to Justice Hill because I believe, well he on that third down that that goes unnoticed, you know, but he that was a spectacle of third down for him to make a guy miss and getting North up the field.
Speaker 8: It's your trust factor to help you see what you're going to him bore or we kind of makes you look good every time you go to him.
Speaker 13: I mean, he make itself look good, you know. And at the end of the day, you you know, I gotta read the coverages and see what the defense do. And they they kind of w with Zay running his route. They kind of ran into Zay and I just had to give him a shot. He caught the ball and he did the rest.
Speaker 12: Oh what is this?
Speaker 6: What does a guy like Derrick Derrick Henry do for you as a quarterback?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 13: It's man Derrick Henry.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 13: He he opened up the play action game. You know, guys running to the ball, trying to stop him from getting getting started in the backfield, and uh officer lines just did a great job giving uh derrick Lands receivers did a great job as well, you know, blocking down the field and letting Derrick do his things. Shout out to the tight end tight ends as well.
Speaker 11: What ward the same Go back to that first carry that you got, that he took to the to the house. Did you have any clue, like based on how Buffalo lined up or where they aligned that that would be impossible.
Speaker 6: Home Lune touch.
Speaker 13: Uh yeah, Uh, just watching film and just re reading the Uh the front kind of knew what the defense would do. What like I said, the officer line giving him a lane, the receivers, b receivers, the tight ends black of don Field, and then they're just doing what he do.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 6: Like I said last week.
Speaker 13: I'm like, if he getting the secondary, he pretty much gone, you know, and it's hard to catch him cause he's fast. He not just a powerful back, he's also fast and he showed it on that first first UH possession for the offense.
Speaker 14: Mar what can you say about uh protection and UH passqualking from your offensive line?
Speaker 15: In more specifically about Patrick mccarrey, who only had ten offensive snaps and left guard prior to tonight.
Speaker 13: Yeah, my officer line did great jobs. Uh, two weeks back to back. I I believe if we had one Saturday night, I believe that was my fault. Uh, I believe I shoulda got out of that. But officer line did a great job to night. And like I said, not just Pat McCarty, but name Fleele as well, you know, cause they that's the guy who they were speaking on the the most, you know, but just all the guys man, they just brought they tail off and they did what they supposed to do.
Speaker 12: More.
Speaker 6: We've seen you under center more the last couple of weeks. Talk about how the offensive play.
Speaker 1: Calling has added that end then and your comfort level after working out of the shots on the LA a lot of the last couple of years.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I like, well coach was doing tonight. You know, he he kept the defense honest. Uh, we were going to the gun, you know, being on the center, and like play action game, the run game. It was just good across the board, you know. Uh, Like I said earlier, a lot I.
Speaker 1: Speel meat, you've been saying that you didn't you feel like you all were playing Ravens football. Did you feel like this was the game that.
Speaker 6: Was more characteristic of bringing football in your eyes?
Speaker 13: Oh, yeah, it's the start of it. You know, we got to run a game going, you know, but uh, the receivers, they they did their part. You know, this is the type of game. You know, we had to run, run the ball more. You know, they playing too high and they were just you know, just did what he was supposed to do in the office line as well. But our receivers helped us out a lot too.
Speaker 1: We also heard from a safety Kyle Hamilton on the podium.
Speaker 4: Okow after earlier in the weeks about how going against a red hot Josh Allen gives you an opportunity to prove yourself and felt thought there was a pretty good confidence there.
Speaker 6: Do you think you kind of guys fall through that time?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 17: I think when we get into meetings, uh Tuesday, that one long pass on the scrambled drill that's gonna gonna eat at us a little bit. But I think we played a good game as a whole. Pass rush kept him contained for the most part. I thought DB's covered really well, even though Nate dropped some money today, But you know, I b Steve too, so we got two corporates. But but yeah, no, I think it all started up front.
Speaker 16: I think we're controlling a line of scrimmage.
Speaker 17: Really well, Travis Beaks, Brody, all those guys, Herb And once you get that shut down, then you know you your defensive playbook opens up.
Speaker 16: So Zio could just probably call whatever you wanted to.
Speaker 8: How so much taught this week about finishing games and uh nap, letting teams back and like to to get full quarters, full quarters of dominant football tonight.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I know it was good. I'm I I I can't lie. We we came out of half. I think offense went third down the next court touchdowns and everybody's like, all right, we don't need to do this again. So I think everybody locked in at that point. You know, office did their thing, and I think defense settled down. You know it was it was a mistake that happened, but I think we did get job resetting and then you know, doing doing what we need to do to finish.
Speaker 5: Zach has gone to six dvs a lot over the last two weeks and into a lot of success.
Speaker 6: I mean, to your mind, is that really worked for you guys.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think it's good to be able to switch up like that, especially a team like that.
Speaker 16: You know, when they're trying to get back on track.
Speaker 17: It's a lot of pass and get our rush rush packages onto the field, you know, create some havoc stuff like that, And I think that's what Zo and all our coaches are really good at when we get teams behind the sticks, having stuff to go in our playbook and some crazy pressures and this and that to confuse and the other team have looks. But but yeah, that dying package, I feel like it's good for us right now.
Speaker 16: But at the same.
Speaker 17: Time, you know, I think our will backers, dining backers, trend lead. Everybody's doing their thing at the same time too, So if we get away from it one game, then I think we'll be just good.
Speaker 1: It feels like the game often it it's a game of momentum.
Speaker 14: That that Kyle Van Noise sack, the sack strip.
Speaker 18: Just how much did that dot the team when the game was getting.
Speaker 6: A little tighter at that point.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I know, it's it's big to get stops like that. You know, offense picks us up a lot and we gotta pick them up too if they can't get a first down something like that, and we're trying to uh two o'clock to you know, get out of here with a win, and I think, you know, there's a trick play that they It was kind of like the last fight I guess they had, so you know, it's trick play, looking for looking for a big player, and we end up getting a big play. And I think offense went down scored after that, so kind of put out that fire and we get a win.
Speaker 19: Oh was that a play that you guys have, I mean, see a film or anything to that degree, And what do you guys think or communicate when you see Allen going out wide like that?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 17: No, honestly we hadn't seen it on film or anything like that, but you know, they're they were down I think two or three scores at that point.
Speaker 16: You know that they could try anything. First.
Speaker 17: In my mind, I'm thinking back to Tennessee and London last year when they did the fake reverse with Derek and they went like eighty yards or something like that. So I think everybody on the right side just making sure it's not a fake reverse. And at that point DB's in the back end did their job stand deep, so you know he kind of got to touch the stove one time, then it doesn't happen again.
Speaker 6: What do you think it says about this team?
Speaker 4: To your Bills were considered the hot team football coming is Josh Allen MDP and for you to win thirty five ten?
Speaker 6: What do you think it says about this team?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 16: I said, I think it says a lot. But at the same time, you know, we didn't win a.
Speaker 17: Super Bowl today, so I'll come out Bengals next week and the division game Bengals, Right, Yeah, Bengals next.
Speaker 16: Week, division game going on the road. Uh.
Speaker 17: Big win for us today, but you know we gotta move forward to next week. And it's only week four and we're trying to get to what we need to get to. We didn't get to last year, so we got a long road ahead of us. But I think we're gonna get pas.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 7: You and Marlin made a bunch of plays, physical tackles, playing scrimming as a defense. Did you guys talk about playing with a certain level of physicality. I know that's you know, something that rages vision themselves doing.
Speaker 6: And do you think that war on them after a little while in this game.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I think we talk about that every day.
Speaker 17: I've been hearing that since day win Rickmmunti camp, and it's preached every day, and it's one thing to talk about it. It is nothing to do with and I think zero and everybody's been emphasizing that, and you know, Rose a tip of the spear with that, and everybody follow suit. And you don't want to be that guy that's not crashing out out there and throwing your body in there. So you know, we got we got a day off tomorrow, so just hit while you can and the rest up.
Speaker 16: Thanks, I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: In the locker room today we heard from running back Derrick Henry, who finished the day with one hundred and ninety nine rushing yards and a pair of touchdowns.
Speaker 8: Derek, how did it feel tonight? Especially have been the first player of the game, you break it eighty seven yards? How are you feeling after that play?
Speaker 6: Pretty good about that play?
Speaker 12: All week, Justice and everybody in the room was talking about how that play is all he was successful.
Speaker 6: Since you know, they they've been here, it's always been an.
Speaker 12: Explosive so I was anticipating it, but you know, I'm glad and you know, they did a great job.
Speaker 6: Old line receiver, it did a great job, tell you, blocking.
Speaker 12: And I just had to make one cut and you know the end zone.
Speaker 8: Lamar said he kind of knew pre snot based on what.
Speaker 12: I kind of saw it too, but I was like in the school, you see it and the first first time it was open and so back to back.
Speaker 6: Just lets the credit goes to everybody from the blocking, the old line.
Speaker 12: So they been incredible in the last two weeks, you know, in practice, like coach challenges us to come out, practice hard and work hard, and they'll playoff.
Speaker 6: They play off in the game and the transition to the game, and they had so hats off to those guys. And I mean everybody's blocking and everybody's just being unselfish for me to have success, and you know, I.
Speaker 5: Don't want to do How how much do you feel like you're getting kind of used to this offense, in the group of this offense, kind of gaining chemistry with this line.
Speaker 6: I mean, how much of that.
Speaker 12: Because they don't show up and I'm used to it, I'm comfortable then I don't know what else what else to say, but yeah, man, it's just it's been fun.
Speaker 6: You know, you're gonna started the way we wanted to. But you know, I told him this is why it came back, because I touch you, I'm back to get them all on the two. He just kept believing.
Speaker 12: We kept fighting and now that that's where you want to be.
Speaker 6: You want to keep it up, hilling on this and more. We've heard you and seen you working with the offensive line and talk to them and really communicating things like the game.
Speaker 10: What are you kind of seeing from them that has really helped you plust out the way?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I just think you know, they took a lot of heat.
Speaker 6: You know, the end of the season. Anything complain, just don't want that to work, and kept improving and I'll tell them I'll go as they go.
Speaker 12: And then we're all talking together, so they're gonna criticize and I'm with them, so you know, I'm just just proud of them and.
Speaker 6: About Song and just keep it going. This team, like the years want to talk.
Speaker 12: About, I think it's just being resilient no matter what happens, trusted, believe one another, just be leaving the man next to you that you know somebody's gonna be able to play and We're gonna make them play collectively on all three phases and just keep working.
Speaker 6: Keep that in the work.
Speaker 18: Show all the questions that you got here about longevity of running backs and stuff like that.
Speaker 14: What does it mean to have to be.
Speaker 6: Able to show that speed that you add?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I don't really try to focus on the stigma running backs.
Speaker 6: I trust believing in my train now and.
Speaker 12: The player I am, and you know, just try to go out and execute and have this team in anyway possible.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank god I was able to, you know, scoring that on the first place. Great. Everybody think said about this team.
Speaker 4: I mean everyone's talking about the Bill in the hot steam in the league, MVP, and you gotta get something.
Speaker 6: I think we're trying to focus on what he said, you said, I thought we focused on.
Speaker 18: Being on one of those teachers.
Speaker 6: Bills were a great team and they're hitting at all stingers.
Speaker 12: We played a great game, great game against us to night with the better team tonight. But I sure will fixed teams the next thing that weeks.
Speaker 6: But we're just focused on being I want to know who's weak, playing playing regular football and making each other to bet we go on. This is not your first home game with gard Bang in the prime time setting to black out.
Speaker 14: You know this team is very successful in prime time games.
Speaker 6: What was that like? And we did it make any fresh on? Yeah, talking to a lot of people on the team. When I came in to as a nineteen for the playoff, a lot of the atmosphere was unreal and I was.
Speaker 12: Looking forward to seeing that same atmosphere to day that it definitely didn't disappear.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys, winning fumble three out, three and out after Kyle Benoi strip snack.
Speaker 6: What does that do for your offense?
Speaker 12: Mean? Yeah, I think you just playing CONFIMENTI with football, but because knew that, you know that we needed to play. You know, we were, you know, installing a little bit humpilating football. And when you compliment each other, you know things that the way you wanted to hatch off the dup, hands off the calcause a big in this videue. That had a great game. But those guys are relentless and they played it.
Speaker 6: Ve something those play.
Speaker 8: Is it starting to look the way that you thought it would when you came to Baltimore.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean we uh, you know, we got we got some more mental going. It's still you know, things that we can get better at, We're gonna focus on and get better at. But it's a long season. Moved out to the great start last week, didn't didn't finish what we wanted to, and then to this game.
Speaker 6: Tonight we got more mentally going and you know we were able to finish the game.
Speaker 12: You know, they're still progressing, still working, and you know, still up.
Speaker 6: Until to be better. Obviously, do you car, Yeah, I might sleep, I might not sleep tonight.
Speaker 12: I might get a little signing that Pat you know, try a touchdown, but always self I appreciate his unselfishness enough of going there and block unwillingly and Vegas head he had a cut on his nose. Still, you know, practicing hard each and every day, and and in the game it's not it's not each position somebody going down and just burn their head blocking guys runner full speed at it.
Speaker 6: But you know, Paston Joyner for a long time support the third and I'm able to do his teammate, you know, he he's on blocking Vinie, So it's different, all right, Thank you.
Speaker 1: We also heard from left tackle Ronnie Stanley, whose offensive line really paved the way for Henry in that ground game. Here's what Stanley had to say after the winney.
Speaker 6: Going against the undefeated Bills.
Speaker 3: Josh and all that kills.
Speaker 6: If you guys went thirty five to ten, do you think that means finish tea.
Speaker 19: I think it's a good step forward, you know, shows what we're capable of. And I think, you know, he left some some points out there as well.
Speaker 16: I think we can be even better.
Speaker 19: But you know, it's a very formidable opponent, and I think that's you know, reassuring for us to show us, you know, what kind of productivity we really have as a team.
Speaker 1: Well, what does when Henry opens a game with an eighty seven year touchdown?
Speaker 14: How does that affect things?
Speaker 19: I mean just instant momentum, you know, you know a guy like that, you know, I think the guys don't really want to tackle him to begin with, but you get him on the first play of the game, you know, going eighty plus yards, I think just gives the guys a lot of confidence, you know, for the rest of the game, and a lot of belief in what we're doing.
Speaker 14: So I was very thankful he's on my team.
Speaker 18: You've had back to back games where you put up a ton of yards on the ground as an offense. What does that say about this offensive line?
Speaker 14: I mean, that's just what we're capable of.
Speaker 19: I mean, you know we I've always believed in the guys that we had on the line, and you know, whoever needs to be in there, you know, Pad had to replace Andrew, whatever lineup we need to have. I believe in all those guys. I'm confident in them, and you know, I know they can get the job done.
Speaker 14: And we did that. Ronnie, Is this what the Ravens offense is? Or is this opponent?
Speaker 9: You know, what are the other layers to this offense?
Speaker 14: I just think we're a good offense.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 19: I think to be a complete offense, you got to handle whatever jobbing you do that day.
Speaker 14: You know, if you need to run the ball.
Speaker 6: That day, you got to do it.
Speaker 14: You have to go two minute mode, you got to do it. You gotta be ready for whatever scenario.
Speaker 19: So I think, you know, we're coming to be a complete offense, Ronnie.
Speaker 18: I'm out of the gate when they started to get some things going, and then you know after the KB and Thumber, you guys kind of poured it off from there. What did that fumble and then being able to punch it in after that you need at that time.
Speaker 14: I mean it was a big play.
Speaker 19: You know, it's a huge turning point for us, you know, to really add on to our league. But definitely not happy to where we came out in the second half. You know, I think we started a little slow, and I think we shouldn't, you know, need to put our defense in that position though, to get us, you know, to get back into a positive position. So I think we still have a lot we need to work on, but very proud of how everyone thought.
Speaker 8: Ronnie a lot said about the zero to two start and then not being able to finished games as much recently. What does it mean to put together your best performance to this point in the season at home in prime time against this team.
Speaker 14: I think it's just, you know, very reassuring.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 19: I feel like we're putting in the work, and we go to work. We put in the effort every day, and I see the guys how hard they work, and you know, I know that stuff's gonna come to fruition. And but I try to remind the guys is focus on the process and not the results, because I don't think the results always reflect you know everything that's going on, and I think you know, when we come back during the week, we always look at the details, and.
Speaker 14: It's not always as bad as you think. It's not always as good as you think.
Speaker 19: So guys are just doing good at being accountable and making sure they come to work every day and get better.
Speaker 12: Do you say about the growth of this offensive line from for week one to where we're right now and kind.
Speaker 6: Of the work that you guys have put into it to get the kind of performance that you have.
Speaker 14: To day every day those guys come out and work better. You know, hops hops on us. You know, we we are We're hardest working up on.
Speaker 19: The team, you know, I think so every day those guys are coming in not complaining.
Speaker 14: You know, we have guys down.
Speaker 19: You know, sometimes the practice might be you know, down a guy or two, and because some guys might have to do double the rights, you know, everyone's gonna you know, do their part.
Speaker 14: So everyone's getting better. You know, I'm proud of their Ronnie you mentioned mcarry, I mean, this was his first career, started left guard. He's now started at every position in his career. What's it say about him? And just how impressive is that? That he is that versatile.
Speaker 19: For you guys, I'm not surprised. I mean, has been doing this his whole career. You know, he's six seven years deep and he's finally you know, he's completed the the mission of playing all five positions from the NFL.
Speaker 14: You know, this was the this was the fifth one.
Speaker 19: So, uh, you know, that's that's a feather on his kind of But yeah, I'm really not surprised by past productivity. He's really a unicorn in this business, and I think his uh, you know, his talent to do that is you know, invaluable.
Speaker 4: Were you were you aware of how close Derek was the two hundred he ended with one ninety nine, but as an offense, were you aware how close?
Speaker 14: Yeah, we were aware by the end of the game how close he was.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Ronnie harp I was talking about just how detail oriented Derek Henry is. What is the kind of stuff that maybe we see or we don't see, but you guys see behind the scene that makes him such a.
Speaker 19: I mean, you guys already know about his diet, the way you know he take takes care of his body, and you know, the stuff I see him do pre practice, you know, he does his whole norm up routine. He's very diligent. He's a very diligent person. You know, he's kind of in that auto pilmo where you know he knows all the things he needs to do to play at that level, you know, to run that fast at his size, and you know he comes in every day and you know he doesn't miss a day. He's just always working.
Speaker 14: Did Pat McCary did.
Speaker 18: You guys all know that was his last spot that he hadn't started that yet.
Speaker 14: Was that a talking point this week at all? I don't think it was a talking point.
Speaker 19: Uh yeah, I think after we knew at the beginning of.
Speaker 6: The week that that was impossible.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. The Ravens are now two and two on the season. Next up is a divisional matchup on the road against the Cincinnati Bengalis. As always, make sure you hit that subscribe button and head over to the Lounge podcast feed for a more detailed breakdown of everything that happened in this game. Thank you so much for listening. We'll be back with you tomorrow.