Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and New.
Speaker 2: He scrugs, Hey, the gang's on back here. Good time.
Speaker 3: We done, players loude We back up, We back up, Yes, yes, yes, yes Here on the Players Loud by you by Tostitos, Danny McCrae, Heckmharrison, Barry Church. I'm long lost, New, He scrugs.
Speaker 4: Long lost. We told you yesterday. When you see New, He's gonna come here with some free gear.
Speaker 2: I just beat.
Speaker 4: There wherever, something something around the way.
Speaker 2: You knew it. You do it though, you know it's funny.
Speaker 3: And so after the after the game the clubhouse, I always got my thing, I tell you, pr guy, Hey, let me get a hat and shirt so I can show it on TV. Because that's what the fans are gonna want. They want to see that.
Speaker 4: They want to that's true. People want to see my emails. They've been sending me for that year. Man, let me see it. Show your face there we go.
Speaker 3: So so so you know, hey, hey, hey, I got a system. I've been working this system for a minute. Now, okay, you I got a system for a minute.
Speaker 2: I see I did it. I actually did it, right, you see I did it. I didn't because you want to keep your wrap up.
Speaker 3: Now, So that and and because I was in your town, you know, I wanted to just make.
Speaker 5: Sure you saw what Yeah I saw.
Speaker 4: Helened third ward you know, yeah, some good eat breakfast club was No, it was.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing about the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: So if you like me, you get you get enough of it and our dose and all better pop energy drink man, because.
Speaker 2: It's good that Brits coffee, right man, I went a little hole in them with the butter. Oh yeah, cheese with mine. I'm done. I break butter. IM a breakfast car.
Speaker 3: That's my thing. And you know I go to roscous I get the breakfast. I had chicken in. But I'm a break Obama special. Actually no, I'm the Big Mama special. But yeah man, but now, yes, yeah, Houston, Houston, Man, Houston took.
Speaker 2: Care of bro. Yes.
Speaker 3: Now, every day it was the police cars and sirens every day, every time walk down the street.
Speaker 2: Here it comes. What Houston took care of me?
Speaker 4: I said, my whole whole video or somebody get stumped out of the Cowboy game. Haymakers, and they got on you with North Side High yesterday he tried. Everybody just messing up to Houston stuff.
Speaker 2: Sure there you go, yes tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Sure God. He look at me like like I didn't.
Speaker 2: Know I was from. You don't know about North South High? That was yesterday? How you do that?
Speaker 5: That was yesterday? Look as your left. They built the school way. I don't know, nor I'm sure, but I do know nor. Sure, I got it.
Speaker 2: Does a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: While I've been baseballing, I have I have not had this.
Speaker 2: Baseball, So you get it. So, yeah, what are you talking about today? I gotta I gotta go do live shots clean today. I gotta regular.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got old loose, all that mess in the car, gotta go change and everything.
Speaker 2: So get out there and do that, guys.
Speaker 3: Cowboys rams coming up Sunday at Jerry World. I thought you posed a very good question. We're talking about topics here. Is this a must win game before Philadelphia?
Speaker 2: Uh? Well, I'll started off. I think it is. I think this is a must win game.
Speaker 5: When you talk about trying to stay within the standings of the NFC East, I mean you can't let Philly get too far ahead. All right, this team hasn't been clicking on all cylinders yet they're still six and one. I mean, eventually they gonna they're gonna start going. They're gonna get that run game consistently, They're gonna get that A. J. Brown Deavonte Smith connection going consistently. And that defense has only gotten better because the addition of Kevin Bayer. I don't what anybody say, that's that's a top five safety. That's a top five safety in this league. And he's gonna make that defense in that secondary that much better. So when you talk about the Eagles, I understand that's that's next week. But when you talk about the standings, you want to keep in told with them. So to me, this is this is a must win game because you dropped this. You got on a four and three and your two games behind the Eagles, and then let's just say they go out there and win. Man, they seven and one, you going fourg and three. I mean that matchup and it looks a little different when you look at it like that. So to me, this is a this is a must win game against the Rams.
Speaker 2: It's the numbers game.
Speaker 4: And I agree with you on that as far as the standings, but I just I just still believe it's so early yet for that piece.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: You can't drop too many of these NFC West Invitationals, though, because that's that will tell you you get to that point, and so you have to pay attention to that. And I don't know which one of y'all said, this Arizona loss is gonna come back to hunt you at some point.
Speaker 2: I think, brother there and so it very well maybe.
Speaker 4: But it ain't Monday yet. So I'm gonna concentrate on the business that we have in hand. That's what I'm gonna do, because hey, it's about job. Hey we've been waiting. I don't let me. I know, it's about my favorite topic. I don't even know why he even started off with, but.
Speaker 5: I would say, this man Pooking Nicoua and Pooka damn and Cooper Cup, it's gonna be It's for real, And I don't know this is this is really and this is not a team that we can overlook like looking forward this and that's the last thing that I want to see from this team coming off of by I'm looking at man, are they gonna be rusty? We talked about the twelve o'clock start. Will that play into their mindset? That's why we asked you got like, which games do you prefer? Will they come out fresh from the bye week?
Speaker 4: Kind of short up some of those things, some of those erarors that we were seeing offensively and defensively. Is Mike McCarthy gonna get this offense to clicking like we want to see it?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: I think looking ahead to Philly is a trap man for us, this team, how young they are, It's just they can't do that. They have to concentrate on what they have right now and get it a victory versus the Rams. That's gonna be big for them, especially in the standing. So it's not a must win, it's all. Every last one of them is a must win. Arizona Cardinals game was a must win. We can't drop none of them. I disagree. I don't think it's a must win. Listen, Chasing Philly for us should not be the goal, all right. The goal for us should be to be clicking on all cylinders. When we get to the end of the season, whatever it takes for us to get to that point. All Right, Philly, who we've been watching, like you said, has not been clicking on all cylinders and still somehow have only lost one game. All right, So if you're just looking at the squad and you're saying, okay, you are already behind them by one, all right, Yeah, they possibly could run the table, and rightly, you could possibly at this point be saying every game is a must win if you're trying to taste if you're trying to taste Philly, which which that type of pressure from from this point in the season, Man, that that stuff will make you fall right because a loss then all of a sudden you feel like your season's over all right, all your goals are gone out of the window, like chasing right, it is a it is a very important game for us if you want to stay with Philly, San Francisco, those teams, so you can try to get the number one seed. But like you don't have to put all your eggs in this basket for the La Rams when you get up there and play Philly not You know, my conversation may be a little different because because your first test was against the San Francisco forty nine ers, and then your next test, your next real test.
Speaker 2: To where your measurers stick. They they don't even use that word. Please.
Speaker 4: No, Okay, your next your next real challenge where we say okay, we kind of know what this team is, will be next week, all right. So so I think that conversation is next week. But right now, I don't think it's a must win game.
Speaker 3: Cowboys Are could have played just their third home game for the season. So the first home game one by twenty, second home game one by thirty five. They play well at home under Mike McCarthy. You take away that first season, that COVID year. This is a team that plays well. Dak Prescott's numbers over at Jerry World are pretty good. Good must win. You can't drop home games. You just you can't. You you've to use that that old Jason Garrett line. We talking about stacking. You got to stack these wins and you're at home. You play well at home. This is a team that has Yes, they can beat you know NFC West teams and knowing Sean McVay, who who worked with the Shanahans, he'll he's gonna run the ball.
Speaker 2: They're gonna run that. They're gonna run this ball. We know this. Picked up darn Hard.
Speaker 3: Henderson's Fantasy Team.
Speaker 2: Cup.
Speaker 3: He started, Oh yeah, but let me start. Look, I need to shoot out. Okay, I just need to see it. I just need to see a stack.
Speaker 4: You have a bad game, you have, it's gonna be more like that Cincinnati and uh L a game with nineteen sixty.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be upset at.
Speaker 3: All they played the dude had Josh Allen last night. I need I need all, I need all kinds of stuff here. But this is a game that you got. You know you you talk about four and three and tell you four and three you played the Rams team that is not This isn't the same the Rams from a couple of years ago. They can they clearly if you mess around and mess around, you will find out. But go ahead and off of bye week. Mike McCarthy's been very good off of bye week as well. So to me, you gotta get this. You just have to man you. Plus, you know you don't w anybody talking about you on Sunday. This is a game between the World Series. Everybody, you know, you know Sunday, she's gonna like you, gonna light you up, you know. So we've been able to forget about him lately, you know, but you know they don't forget about you on Sunday now, you know, especially if you have the Rangers, because it's a travel day of the World Series.
Speaker 2: So it's like it's gonna be a right there, like the Cowboy time.
Speaker 4: Is this our second toughest test of the season. Are the Rams better than the New York Giants?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, all the Rams better than New York Jets. Yes, the Rams better than the Arizona Cardinals. Yes, yes, like the New England Patriot Like what like, all the Rams better than those teams? So you say, okay, San Francisco, Our second biggest test right now is the l A Rams.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: So for whatever we want to call it, you know, the record and all that stuff, this is a this is a real test. Talked about yesterday. They went out in there and stump Seattle Seahawks, and we collectively said, hey, Seattle is one of those teams to where when you play them in that last stretch of the season, yes, you better come.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 3: Hackman had touched on Pook and the cool. You know what we know, Cooper cup gonna do his thing. You mess around that Pooka start finding some holes, man, I mean this, I look, and then he's going to try to run the ball. I'm worried about the run game, Pooka, Cooper, you know, Jeorde Lewis, Money Thomas gonna have to help out here. Man. You know they they can figure out a way to make this a football game. And I'm just I'm personally worried about what Sean McBay can do. I think the Cowboys have a defense that can make life tough for Stafford and company. But still, Arizona's taught me enough. I don't have time proofing consistency steam right now. I'm good at home, but I can't trust him.
Speaker 4: But what you bring about about what you bring up about Sean McVay and the Shanahan offense is one of those things I forgot about when I said, hey, man, you're not gonna really see a lot of that missdirection type of stuff that you've seen where where they are really trying to fool you with pulling guards and then still coming the opposite away on counter. It's like that is something that we struggled struggle with and have struggled with from San Francisco, and I think, like you said, you'll see you'll see some of that same stuff because I don't think it's necessarily about other teams being more physical than us. When it comes to that, I think you got some young guys playing linebacker. You got a young guy who's coming in coming down from the safety position, and they have to be able to read and dissect all that stuff. And Sean mcvahnam are going to put that pressure on them to make sure that they are gap sound and then they can play and they're not a step behind, because if you are step behind, that's that's when those big, those big plays happen.
Speaker 2: So we talk We talked about this yesterday. See this is what's gonna happen. We hyping this. This Rams team up.
Speaker 5: They like there's some juggernuts And when the Cowboys do what they're supposed to do on Sunday, roll coming here, match y'all, seal the joy. That's what they're supposed to do. Like we're talking about runners in the backfield coming up from practice squad, guys off the street. You know, we're we're talking about Pooking, the Kupa and Cooper cup those are legit weapons. Those are those are some legit weapons. But this offensive line that they have is not good. It's just it's the same office line pretty much that they went against last year and they got five sacks against. When you talk about Arizona and what they bring offensively, you're talking about an athletic quarterback that made that whole situation different. When you talk about the Dallas Cowboys defense, they were able to run the RPOs. He was able to get out of the pocket and extent my Stafford's not doing that. He's not getting off the he's not doing damage like that. He's a statue in the pocket. So I see this game a little differently. I see the Cowboys coming out here and doing what they're supposed to do and mopping up a RAMS team.
Speaker 2: They might be.
Speaker 5: Close in the first quarter, second quarter, but I just don't see it's this danger from this RAMS team.
Speaker 4: I don't see it. Like ice Cube said, I'm glad you said it all. I'm glad that those and I said all that.
Speaker 2: And forget that.
Speaker 4: What our office has been looking like for the for the last few games, for the entire season, like we're gonna go like we can go out there and mop him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: If our offense is clicking, if we're scoring in the red zone, we ain't done none of that.
Speaker 2: Think about it.
Speaker 4: We beat the LA Charges twenty to seventeen. Okay, our defense had a hello game and it and it took the special teams blunder to get them to that point. But I'm gonna at this because all of y'all bring up the great points. But Danny, what you said about McVeigh, it, I just don't feel like he has.
Speaker 2: The personnel to be that coach anymore.
Speaker 4: Like when he had Todd Gurley and he had some of those other like that's when it was like, oh man, they running this joint and they got so many guys behind him as far as their receivers. When they had obj players like that, I think it was different this team, and I'm not underestimating them. I'm saying that Matthew Stafford right now, he's realizing how to work this offense and make a piece that none of us really even. I know who the hell the cool was, you know, a year ago, but I damn shall know who he is right now. The way we and working and Cooper Cupies, Cooper cup we triple crown all of those things.
Speaker 2: They are a threat to us.
Speaker 4: And that's why when we talked about the defense, how they would respond, y'all said that one thing up front?
Speaker 2: How do we attack them up front?
Speaker 4: Because this defense, no matter how you look at it, for Dan Quinn, it may be in that same vein as that twenty twenty one defense that led the league in interceptions, because.
Speaker 2: They are that advantageous.
Speaker 4: They're trying to get to the ball, trying to get sacks, they're trying to get turnovers. That's the part I think that changes things for this defense. When they getting sacks, when they getting turnovers, when they get an interceptions, they given the offense a short field. Then you're not demanding that Dak Prescott put on his cloak and go out there and be a magician.
Speaker 2: He can just beat back and be simple about it.
Speaker 4: Whether you get a field goal, whether you get a touchdown, your defense is dictating all that and that's what we need.
Speaker 2: All right. We are flowing, flowing on a Friday here.
Speaker 4: Forgot about the rounds. You come over, come over to my crib when you finish. When you finish through the pregame. I just don't see it defensively.
Speaker 3: When we come back, I will, I will, I will kind of take Danny's side here a little bit and then fight you back and we'll give you an update on seventy seven.
Speaker 2: All right, Savage seven Irish Smith coming out about week. You gotta keep guessing. That's right, keep me yessing right here. Play fast. Brought to you by those Dallas Com Radio.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slapped. He'll look for a pre style. Just like football.
Speaker 6: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 7: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 6: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 4: I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player, here, What's Smoothie King? And Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else? Absolutely loving New smoothie bowls for Smoothie King and.
Speaker 2: Whoo Me too.
Speaker 4: These smoothie bowls start with USII and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth Granola and his savory peanut butter Drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckoles, we got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows. Football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home, we away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys. Smirnoff, we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 5: To the players loude.
Speaker 4: The twenty twenty four PBR World Finals are taking over at and T Stadium. It all starts on May seventeenth with Kid Rock and Roll Rodeo, Then on May eighteenth to nineteenth, the finalists compete in the twenty twenty four PBR Championship.
Speaker 2: Let's Rock and Ride.
Speaker 4: Three day tickets are on sale now at seat geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of at and T Stadium.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Heck Maharrison, you're in the Players Last brought to you by Tostitos players Bury Church, Danny McCrae, I knew he scrugged, so Church, Here's why I have a concern.
Speaker 2: For the Rams.
Speaker 3: First game of the year, they go up to Seattle, set them thirty to thirteen. Nobody had that one going. Then they hosted the Ram. The Rams hosted the forty nine ers their second game. It was a thirty to twenty three score. Then they win, So you say a close game, Yeah, close game. Then they go to the Seahawks and the Niners right right. Then they go up to Cincinnati and lose by three. Nineteen sixteen, they go to the Colts, who've been, who've shown us that is a team that will fight this year. They had to go to overtime, but they leave a twenty nine to twenty three win. They take off Philadelphia twenty three to fourteen was the final there. They beat up on the Cardinals twenty sixty nine at home. They go to Pittsburgh, they lose twenty four to seventeen.
Speaker 2: This is a team that they're not a They're not a bunch of bunks. Come on, man, y'all, y'all know just like.
Speaker 5: I do that those first two those division games, we all know those are going to be competitive.
Speaker 2: Like we all understand that. What was the third ones cis twenty.
Speaker 4: It was a competitive at the point.
Speaker 5: You know that opponent it's gonna happen. What's the third one Cincinnati. Don't tell me about Jose first couple of weeks he was hurt, So they're going to get a guy that's you know, not himself.
Speaker 4: No, No, that that's when he started coming back because because they had lost the games and then it was a must win and Joe Burrow was like, I'm gonna play because we need to get the win and the defense.
Speaker 2: But the defense was still.
Speaker 5: So what I'm basically saying is I just don't see still that just man, this is hey, this is gonna be a threat, this is got this is a big time. I just don't see it. Man, it's got a big game. That's why I said it's a must win for the Cowboys. But you can't play down to the level with the competition.
Speaker 2: That's what I think.
Speaker 4: That's what we disagree because I don't think, like I said, I don't think it's down because I don't know how good we are, Like I haven't seen us, like we're on.
Speaker 2: A different I don't know.
Speaker 4: I know, I know, I know in the in the NFC West invitation we're going to I know, and I know they they they have beat those teams. And when I'm looking that, I'm saying, Okay, I know Stafford can ball. Will he throw throw into septs every once in a while, But there there are times when the dude he had Pooko out there with one hundred and fifty, uh Cooper Cup out there with one fifty, all of a sudden he got three tones downs. You sitting there wondering what the hell happened to you? All Right, Well we make Matthew Stafford throw the ball and then we got a chance to win. That's not always the case with a guy like Matthew Stafford sometimes is it?
Speaker 2: Is it in dan Quinn we trusted or not? Because because come on, this is this is this.
Speaker 5: Is the same guy who went against Stafford last year that made him look a bismal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, five five sacks.
Speaker 5: Like this is dann Quinn. This We're not saying that he's just going against what was the coordinator.
Speaker 2: From twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: This guy, he's he's an ultimate counterpuncher. If Stafford comes out rolling, I'm sure he's gonna throw out there something so to counter it.
Speaker 4: I just I'm just saying, even even if you stop a guy like Matthew Stafford and hold him the fourteen, whatever, the concern.
Speaker 2: Is still the offense.
Speaker 4: You can stop him as much as you want to, and then you go out there and a bunch of field goals and get them a chance to have a too minute drive at the end of the game, and you saying okay, damn of course, trust and if it fails, you like all the defense gave it up and they're like, nah, they did. Yeah, I score more than twenty points, bro. But the truth, but the truth is both of y'all right, you know, both of y'all right. It's not Church always right together. No, no, no, no, that is not true. Let the people know. Man, that's a damn okay. Let's just say that you've been on the yourself from off the plane. Oh yeah, both about tyres gonna be the difference between winning and lose.
Speaker 2: But you don't let go it was right, man, don't let that go.
Speaker 4: But I mean, it's the truth, man, when you say this team, when you look at them, it's not like they scare you. You look at the record, and you even with the NFC West opponent, the way I look at San Francisco forty nine ers game, and what is a tough game. If you look at how they handled us, and this is San Francisco that's playing in full strength, and man, they had a tough time with this RAM squad.
Speaker 2: And also man, Cooper Cup didn't wasn't even healthy for the whole season.
Speaker 5: So Nicoole was doing all of that by himself, with Tyler Hickby Higby and tou tou at well.
Speaker 2: Rolling Ageain Roland. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So it's one of those things for defense for dan Quinn, the approach has to be, Man, we're gonna put pressure on him.
Speaker 2: That's why I was asking you about do you help the run playing.
Speaker 4: All of that stuff, because even from a schematic standpoint, how you defend this offense is gonna dictate obviously who wins this game.
Speaker 2: You know what, Listen, I have a question.
Speaker 4: I have a question, Okay, because from your from your perspective and a few others. Okay, we're looking at the RAMS team and we're saying, look, I mean, you know, the roster doesn't worry us, you know, like we think we can stop these players X y Z blah blah blah. What are the Rams saying when they look at the Cowboys run?
Speaker 2: What are they saying? Okay, they offense scares us.
Speaker 4: When they looking at that on defense, I say, man, there's a guy over there, because we over're talking about Cooper cup of poop poop in the cool right. What are they saying on the opposition of that. They're saying, you better block number eleven, that he gonna rink your whole offensive system. And if you don't do that, number ninety is gonna take our running back out.
Speaker 2: They are. But that's it though.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying though, when when when them as a team, they're not looking at the saying that they scared us like that, like we got they got players on their squad. We're saying, ay man, Aaron Donald better. So so when they're looking at the Cowboys team, I don't think they feel as fearful as we are expecting them to have to feel because our offense hasn't done much. You look at it. We are here, so we're saying, ceedee, Lamb is the beast. We're saying, you should be able to do whatever with Brandon Cooks. But when they looking at the numbers and they watching the film, they saying this, don't worry me.
Speaker 3: They played the Niners, they played the Eagles, so you know they've they've played some defenses that they played good defenses. So in Cincinnati's got a good defense in them. So they okay, right, they're not this is this is I just I just feel like they're they're going to make it a game, going to making the football. I don't think we go to hey, man, it's third quarter, what turn that thing off? I'm all good, I'm like, cut the grass and go shopping. No, I think this could be a football game. Man.
Speaker 5: It's nearly similar to the to the Patriots.
Speaker 2: We came in here to it.
Speaker 5: It was like, I don't know them Patriots man, Mac Jones, he's accurate. Bill Belichick, he's all gonna have.
Speaker 2: Something for you, man.
Speaker 5: And it was over behlf time. It was over before the national anthem was over.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I see that same time allowing to me that that sounds off the flame.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, we thought.
Speaker 4: We thought Bill Belichick was gonna he was gonna show up and do something that was out standing.
Speaker 2: And he didn't. He didn't, and then they did.
Speaker 4: They did lose their top the top defensive one of the top defensive players early in the game. But yeah, that Patriots game was like we just we give Bill Belichick, you know, the benefit of the doubt no matter what, because it's Bill Belichick. And yeah, he did let us down on that one. That was the NFC West.
Speaker 3: And by the way, the December gauntlet of the a FC East is gonna be challenging back back games on the road.
Speaker 2: In December between Buffalo.
Speaker 3: And then got to Miami for the tu and one on Christmas.
Speaker 4: Tyre Hill would be just healthy enough to ba waiting for hamstring will be one.
Speaker 3: Ready ends on with Santa Claus stuff, So yeah, it will definitely be that, all right. Tyron Smith, according to the head coach Mike McCarthy, had an old injury flare up, so that's why he's on the injury report. Owner Jerry Jones talked about the neck role not being worn and needed that Whatcarthy says.
Speaker 2: We'll still see, you know, and he's progressing. But that's how my Mike is how Mike is, you know. But I expect to be out the difference in the game. Hey man, is that Aaron Donald.
Speaker 3: Apparently Aaron Donald's been playing twenty percent over there at the defensive ends spot.
Speaker 5: He's gonna find his way, He's gonna find his way right in front of them.
Speaker 4: So you got a stinger. So you know the first thing they taking it that net role. Better have it on on Sunday.
Speaker 2: No movement, Yeah, man, they don't play with it fined, so you get some of that that. You know, I want to be all that smoke he can.
Speaker 4: I want to be I want to be fair to Tyring because no, no, no really, because like he is going through a lot of injuries, and I want to continue to say this the same way I felt about Sean Lee.
Speaker 2: Like these are things that these players cannot control.
Speaker 4: Like you could go out there, eat all the right stuff, work out as much as you want to go, get all the massages, all the physical therapy, everything you want to, and then you can really feel like you're prepared to go out there and play, and then something like this happened. So this ain't in his control, but it is something that continues to happen.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, in some point you get the.
Speaker 4: Next guy, ready, bro, so he is Sunday listen if I'm backing up time respect Okay, I'm sitting there like a coach. Can I get let me get fifty?
Speaker 2: Please? You no extra?
Speaker 4: You don't think they're working with yoga in just for for situations like this.
Speaker 2: I mean, we don't know.
Speaker 4: I had based on how the dudes been playing well when he out. I'm not sure even.
Speaker 3: Those guys before the years, so they all knew.
Speaker 2: Hey man, you know the coach would need because you ain't get the spot. Okay, were gonna need you the coach pull your hey man, you're playing well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, make sure you stand that guy, but you know the rep stay stay behind him, get all the reps.
Speaker 2: A less move right there. I can't.
Speaker 4: I'm still thinking about who when the man got dressed up on the side talking night, I'm the guy who is backing them up. I'm like, now he thought that whole time, was like yeah, probably going.
Speaker 2: To Mad Camera. Next.
Speaker 3: Right here on the players lounge, do you double Aaron Donald each play?
Speaker 2: Let's dive into that with Verity.
Speaker 3: Church, Heck Maerson, if Danny mccraye, he Scruggs plays toos deals on Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Dot Com read trying to make sure you're get in the locker room.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order.
Speaker 2: Plus.
Speaker 7: Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liptball. Make a play for the playmaker at Get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vi P. That's Get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper the.
Speaker 2: Press dout who looks right, It's not there. He escaped, flapped. He'll run for a perch down.
Speaker 6: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 7: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 6: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 2: Home are away.
Speaker 9: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys. Smear enoff we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: To the players.
Speaker 4: Loude make a statement this football season with the new Nike Volte Collection, a bold collection with Neon accents that will make you stand out like the star you are. Head to the pro shop near you or log onto Shop dot Dallas Cowboys dot Com a fanatics experience.
Speaker 2: All right, appreciate that. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Heck Maherson, you are the players lounge. What do you Bury Churchill? Harrison, Danny Cray, I am new he Scruggs, all right. Aaron Donald, do you double him each play?
Speaker 2: Danny? No? No.
Speaker 4: I mean Aaron Donald usually plays on the left side of our offensive line, and that's two of the guys that we really depend on. Tyler Smithson over there with Tyron smith if you have to come out in the game at the beginning and double team him, then you're probably gonna be in for a long day, all right.
Speaker 2: I would come out same thing with the receivers.
Speaker 4: Hey, let's see how we hold up doing our regular regular scheme, and then if you do need to help him, then you help as the game goes on. But I wouldn't come out double team man. Aaron Donald is gonna move everywhere. When he had the two sacks last season, he was over our rookie and he schooled him and that's probably one of the worst games that he had, and he was just moving all around on this offensive line.
Speaker 5: He's that dynamic as a player. I don't think you I don't think you double team him. I think obviously if he starts to take over your game, then yeah, but initially I think you feel like you you have the personnel that can handle ninety nine.
Speaker 2: So no, not just starting off.
Speaker 4: Oh clear, sorry, in the run game and we're talking about in the past game or you're just talking about Okay, well.
Speaker 5: If you're talking about past game, I wouldn't necessarily double him.
Speaker 2: I would kind of slide the protection wherever he's at.
Speaker 5: So if he's on that left side, I would slide that protection that way, so you got inside help and the outside guy kind of just pushes him back.
Speaker 2: So I was slide it that way.
Speaker 5: But when you talk about in the running game, I would definitely make sure I had a combo block or something like that on this guy where you got two shoulder pads on him, kind of pushing him back, because one on one, I think in the past or in the run game, it's it's gonna be hard to kind of get him out the way and move him. He's so quick and fast and it's just quick twitch and getting through the gaps. It's gonna be hard to stop his penetration. When you're talking about the run game, so I would scoop boxing, combo block, something like that.
Speaker 2: But when it comes to the passing game, Nah, that's how many times are you trapping him.
Speaker 3: That treatment early and off to your comfort? Love of Tony, POD's got to pick up Aaron Donald.
Speaker 4: I'm not comfortable. You find me one person that says with that. Absolutely not you're comfortable with that. Droppaf all, Tony, if he comes to you, got him? Know that that is a that is a horrible play design. If somehow Tony Paul Kells you architect, you know see what you got a bad thing with these running backs?
Speaker 2: Now man, that was let me have something to get pick him up? Got him?
Speaker 4: God that your gun like he got back tore like slide the protection slid. You can not say say that's real what I want to get tight ends. So I'm looking at that line back and make sure right they may sure you're right here, whatever else they got going on, sure you right here. You know what, every every every week, every time a defensive coordinator comes out with a game plan, there is a play that puts you as a player save their cornerback and in a very tough situation, right, a very tough situation, you gotta come down and the exis Jamar Chase and they blitzed. They running the cat blitz and blitzed the corner. Now you got him by yourself. And if the corner don't get there and you bight. So when the defensive coordinated signal that thing, hey, as soon as they go inything, you'd be like, hey, audible.
Speaker 5: I've seen two cats getting off arguing today, arguing back and forth on the fields.
Speaker 2: Coming like we going zero pressure, zero pressure, and then.
Speaker 5: My dog next to me like, hold on, that means I gotta who was at the time, I think it was who's a receiver for the Jordan Nelson? So we got one on one every time every time I see it happen.
Speaker 4: You know, hey, coach, you better not call that you in the hand back.
Speaker 2: The dude blitz happiest.
Speaker 5: I used to hope it came out where I got the blitz that why.
Speaker 2: Split on the X switch it up, garden blitzen.
Speaker 5: Man, it's cold world, world.
Speaker 2: It happens. It happened.
Speaker 4: Supposed to be friends out there and my homeboy too, But now you covered the day switching up out.
Speaker 3: All right, the Cowboys are a six point favorite at home against these three and four Rams, So I'll just start with you Church, just you. You're super confident here, go ahead.
Speaker 2: And give your prediction.
Speaker 5: Man, it's about right. I mean not that I see that happening. Maybe close early, but you know they're gonna pull away. So I'm going twenty fourteen.
Speaker 2: So I got he said six was six and half was by right. I was like, oh no, that's close.
Speaker 4: Fourteen okay, who ohky, I'll.
Speaker 2: Go fantasy team.
Speaker 3: We need we need, but twenty nine twenty four cowboy, bro, where.
Speaker 2: Do all these points be coming from? And y'all when is the offense? Twenty to seventeen? We just beat the La Charice.
Speaker 4: I'm going same as Xax scoring for the l A Rams twenty to seventeen, downas Cowboy. I like until I see us put up an offensive performance to where it's like, okay, we we we look like we finished goore.
Speaker 2: Thirty c CD lamb you know CD CD lamb.
Speaker 4: Brandon Cooks, Yeah, Tony, don't forget about your man shot. They ain't done it. They ain't done it. They ain't done it. The defense been scoring. You see them forty point.
Speaker 2: Games, red zone. This we're coming through. Yeah, yeah, seventy.
Speaker 4: Seven out there, twenty to seventeen, twenty seventeen. I'm gonna go twenty eight twenty.
Speaker 2: For see look at heck right down to twenty four twenty y'all got the same score.
Speaker 4: Now, I got twenty eight four, twenty eight, fourteen, twenty eight, twenty four.
Speaker 2: Okay, so dan Quinn will give up. Okay, I got twenty four, So I say a little bit more. Okay, I see dan Quinn coming through. Yeah, making plays. You know you got I mean, obviously you have to.
Speaker 4: You can't let Pooka go with what it's the two hundred for Pooka and two hundred for Cup.
Speaker 2: That's wrapped in. Yeah, four touchdowns total for the receiving call. This is ugly.
Speaker 3: It may it may take no away adjustments here. I think Cooper's gonna get his then, you know the second.
Speaker 2: Hand speaking it existence right, they gonna I got the twenty nine the field goal, field goals and bringing through.
Speaker 4: Oh you got Booka's on my team.
Speaker 2: Poogo gon eat too.
Speaker 3: Now they're going to they're gonna be okay, and Darren Henderson is, but I mean, I just I just see it being closer.
Speaker 2: Cowboys, they win it home and get it done. But this is gonna be a very entertaining game on Sunday, good day off from baseball. We get to sit there and.
Speaker 3: Get back to our normal, normal routine watching. It's a great weekend in.
Speaker 2: Sports watching no baseball. You finished. His interest is out.
Speaker 4: That's what most of us retired fans was leaving early. I saw, I saw, I barely want to watch them games. I just didn't want to miss nothing.
Speaker 2: You and Troy and can't name for him. I wouldn't watch him to.
Speaker 4: Troy like my man and I said Dusty Baker retired, so I wouldn't worry about it to begin with. He didn't know who that brother was. I know him now, and don't help me in life at all. He's a skipper for Houston. Was how to help me?
Speaker 2: It don't.
Speaker 4: It's just common knowledge, just things that people know coming. Okay, we was all right. Banking for two hundred was all right.
Speaker 2: Now. Last night it was all right, all three of us. I don't know if you the Buffalo Bills last night to win, but we did you can't.
Speaker 3: You can't take Baker and then then after they got in basically just they got embarrassed the week before.
Speaker 2: So they hadn't at home. You had to.
Speaker 3: Respond because I mean, once again something we talked to the Cowboy, you can't give away these games, especially at home, so and home game Thursday night, a team like Buffalo embarrassed that to me, that was that was an easy pick you have to have.
Speaker 4: You have to respond, try to get it up though, y'all know I'm telling you, Josh Allen Man, he is a turnover machine. You can't wait, you can't wait. Earially familiar to another quarterback, Stafford.
Speaker 3: Stafford giving away you look at Stafford here, seven touchdowns, six picks by here.
Speaker 2: Really familiar. I'm not sure what you know?
Speaker 5: Talking about what other games we're picking today? Man, we got some more games, Chris Bean, What you got Chris games for you?
Speaker 2: Let's go. First game we're gonna go.
Speaker 10: How about the New Orleans Saints against the Indianapolis Colts. Three and four against three and four by the Aints.
Speaker 2: They struggling.
Speaker 3: You know what, give me Indy at home. They've they've been a tough team. Man, It'll been a tough team, so I'll go. I'll go twenty one seventeen Indianapolis.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm going. I'm going to New Orleans seventeen fourteen. It's in New Orleans, Andy. But you know, Gardner Minshew started.
Speaker 3: Nice with Michael Thomas Nidel.
Speaker 2: Dude, I'll take that. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with the other Saints on this one too. I'm gonna go twenty one thirteen, bet Church, give me miss you in this one. He missed you in this one twenty four seventeen.
Speaker 2: I ain't that tall. There's some big time games this week, all right.
Speaker 10: Chris, Let's go Jet Giants the Battle of MetLife.
Speaker 3: No Daniel Jones this week, Tyrod Tyrod Taylor. Okay, you know what, man, give me the Jets win this one.
Speaker 2: We'll Roberts. I would say, all this quarterback scared of him.
Speaker 3: So U let me go ahead and get a twenty one thirteen Jets win BC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me a give me seventeen ten Jets seventeen ten. I'm like that.
Speaker 4: Heck, I'll tell you what I'm gonna go. But Brice Hall is keeping my boy David Cook on that bitch. He said they get out. Yeah, he was good. I'm trying to get traded.
Speaker 5: I'm just telling you, well he is ran into a headache with brinceall but I'm going with the Jets.
Speaker 2: I think they twenty four to seventeen d Maxim.
Speaker 4: I'm going with the Jets, and heck just thole my score. I don't want to pick the same score he got, so I'm gonna go really close to that. Twenty thirteen, twenty thirteen, here New York Jets, Jets.
Speaker 2: All right, Christian, all right?
Speaker 10: How about the fighting Barry Churches down in Jacksonville against the Steelers.
Speaker 2: See, I'm losing faith in you. I'm losing faith in you right now. No, I got a couple more. Okay, I'm tough. That's tough defense with don't lay the fool. All go anyway except Duval which ill got picked? Man? Which y'all pix man the fighting Barry Churches. That's that's your turn.
Speaker 3: Twenty one sixteen. Travis eighteen has been playing well, so.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna keep on super Bowl pick looking tramps on the face, pick looking at it.
Speaker 4: Oh, I got I got Jacksonville winning this one in a high scoring ten point game. Thirty one twenty one, right one to pick it, thirty one twenty one, Jack going over physic. I'm going with the stealers, man, like I'm going to stealers. So I'm twenty ten. I don't know how this one was gonna go.
Speaker 5: Really Church MANU ball, Let me do ball on this one. Man, I'm still twenty seven, twenty seven, twenty I gotta make up some far Yeah, get get some wing.
Speaker 2: Is you by yourself on that island? Yeah? Okay, that's what that's usual about it? All right? What else? Churls?
Speaker 10: Well, let's let's stay with the NFC. Let's go do the nf C eat so Eagles at Washington. Washington always has a the Eagles division games like division game.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, yeah, I can't so Philadelphia wins twenty eight. I going to twenty eight seven. I'm just not even going.
Speaker 2: Down twenty eight to seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh man, I got no enemy. What's going on in enemy? I'm gout to say talent, it's just not good. And he's got got my man, Jonathan Allen.
Speaker 2: I'm tied.
Speaker 3: Seventy this this train is going off.
Speaker 2: Okay, Magic Johnson out here on Twitter, I got madgic talking what I got myself in.
Speaker 3: Magic got killing them now twenty eight seven. This thing ain't this thing ain't bad man, magic man, Josh.
Speaker 2: Like, man, what's going on?
Speaker 4: I got Eagles thirty seventeen, thirty seventeen. Well, I hate to do it, but it's the setup. It's real.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go same thirty seventeen Eagles. I ain't. Hey, oh I thought you. Amanda's out. Give me the give me Philly twenty eight fourteen.
Speaker 4: I need them to win. I need them to be eight and one. All right, Yeah, we gotta get bingals at forty dollars. I was away. That's because Browns and the Seahaw's playing each other too.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Cincinnati and San Francisco rematching two Super bowls. Okay, it's pretty alright.
Speaker 2: Let me go Sam. Donald might take that off. Even I'm just saying they're not gonna.
Speaker 5: Win in San Francisco if Donald go out there, and then they're gonna be like, man, you know what.
Speaker 2: What perty get here in the corner back? But it's all me.
Speaker 3: Twenty four to twenty three, San Francisco.
Speaker 2: What you gonna jump out? The cake? What jump out? The cakes? Gonna jump out of this regard. But I'm going up.
Speaker 5: Whoa, whoa.
Speaker 4: I'm going to Cincinnati Bagels. Oh y'all lose, y'all mind Cincinnati Bengals twenty four to twenty.
Speaker 2: Somebody's gonna jump out. I gotta jump.
Speaker 4: I ain't jumping out, no kicks. So I'm gonna stay. I'm gonna stay in this one. I'm gonna go with the forty nine ers. I'll go with the Niners on this one. So Ninas Ninas twenty two, twenty two, fourteen.
Speaker 2: Twenty two, fourteen, all right, come on Church.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, give me Ninas in this one. You know you by yourself, you're not gonna lose three straight.
Speaker 2: It's Dina's nine twenty four seventeen, twenty four, seventeen.
Speaker 3: All right, that's plays about you buy to those Steamers who can talk to you Monday. Heck texts out one up your team one.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.