Speaker 1: Welcome in, everybody to Fantasy Pros. This is the Fantasy Football Podcast. It is me Joey p Joe Pi Zapia, and today it's the first mock draft, at least for me. I don't know what y'all are doing out there in the mock draft streets, but the NFL Draft is a few months away, so of course the hosts from our Dynasty podcast, Scott Bogman and Pat fitz Morris my Patty Cakes are here to help us go through the first round. The boys have the picks, they're in. We're ready to lock in. Load here and of course go to fantasypros dot com for all the latest on the draft news, all the buzz, all the breakdowns. Debro just came back from the Senior Bowl. I can't wait to see him, and just a week from now here, we'll be hanging out together in Las Vegas on the team trip and he's gonna tell me about all these prospects that he saw, and he won't stop talking about it. I'm sure the entire time we're there. Pat fitz Morris, Scott bog and I'm so glad you're here today because I love this. I love this is like the official turn of the page to the twenty twenty five season here officially, and I feel like once we start talking about these prospects, and there are some really good ones here on both sides of the ball, it gets me really excited for that fresh start of the season because football never stops around here. That's why you subscribe to the YouTube channel of Fantasy Pros right now. Ring the bell to Lekos Dang for notifications and of course, drop your comments at below. What's your favorite picks? We love to hear from you. What's your favorite team going to do in the draft? Drop your predictions below. Let's start with the Tennessee Titans at the top of the board. Tennessee Titans, they earn that spot. They need quarterback, they need edges, they need tackle, wide receiver, safety, they need a lot. So Pat Fitzmorris, you're number one o'clock. Where do they go with all these needs?
Speaker 2: Well, Joe, you're nowhere in the NFL if you don't have a quarterback. So I think the Titans are going to draft a quarterback. They're going to take cam Ward, the quarterback from Miami, Florida for the Titans. The twenty twenty four season was basically a referendum on whether Will Levis should be their quarterback in the future, and I think it's safe to say that the Titans front office has voted no on that referendum. Now, I personally like Shador Sanders just a midge more than I like cam Ward, But Dion Sanders has mentioned that he would like to see Schador end up with the Raiders. I'm not sure how Coach Prime would feel about the Titans as a destination for his son. And it's not that big a gap between the top two quarterbacks in this draft, whichever your preference may be. So let's give the Titans Ward, who was terrific for Miami this past season. Forty three hundred passing yards, thirty nine touchdown passes, nine point.
Speaker 1: Five yards per attempt.
Speaker 2: The pluses for this guy's sturdy NFL build, quick release, accuracy, escapability. The negatives. Sometimes holds onto the ball a little too long and ball security has spent a little bit of an issue. Has a habit of sort of scrambling around one handed while holding the ball at or below his waist. He only fumbled three times at Miami last year, but he fumbled twelve times in twelve games at Washington State in twenty twenty three and lost eight of those fumbles. So that is something that needs to be addressed. Still, I think this gives the Titans some optimism at the quarterback position.
Speaker 1: Pat I know he's the number one overall here, but a lot of the consensus out there in the scouting realms is that these guys would not necessarily be the front of last year's class. Is Cambore's still a Week one starter?
Speaker 2: That's a good question, Joe, whether any of the quarterbacks in this class are Week one starters. The guy goes one on one, you would think the pressure would be pretty amens. Yeah, exactly. I think that would probably be the plan for whichever quarterback the Titans might take at one on one.
Speaker 1: All right. Scott Bogman up next, number two for the Cleveland Browns, also a team with a lot of needs quarterback, edge tackle. They could use a little bit of everything there. Certainly maybe some running back help too. But it's early in the draft, and Scott Bogman, I know you're a defensive guy, so I'm thinking this is a defensive pick here.
Speaker 3: Of course it is, And I think Abdul Carter is the best player in the draft, and that is maybe offensive to Travis Hunter stands, and I'm a Travis hunderstand I love him. I think Abdul Carter, with what we saw him do in the playoff with one on arm against these Notre Dame guys, basically an arm tied behind his back was unbelievable. And I think that the Browns have to trade Miles Scarett. I think right now he's in the prime of his career. The Browns are sinking ship. They have cap issues with Watson, they have quarterback issues with Watson. They have hampered their whole franchise by trading for Deshaun Watson. The way to get it back is to trade Miles Scarett for a haul of picks. And if you take him and then replace him with a stud like Abdul Carter here, then I think you're on the right track to rebuilding this franchise as a whole. So I don't think if you're in this position that the Browns are in, you can do anything but take BPA. I understand quarterback is an enormous issue. A lot of people want them to take your door Sanders, but this is not a problem that is going to be solved overnight.
Speaker 4: Go BPA for this entire draft.
Speaker 3: Figure out your quarterback next couple of seasons, and Abdul Carter would be the best guy there.
Speaker 4: Specifically if they trade Garrett.
Speaker 1: Tremendous time can't miss. I agree. I'm with you one thousand percent on him. Next up the New York Football Giants. You know, it's funny, two guys, just when you're looking at this board, I don't remember the last time where every team had a pick in the first round, right, I mean, usually that's like, yeah, is that weird too? Like I was looking at was like, is that true? Is that? How did that happen?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I mean that's as of now. Of course, there could be some wacky stuff going on the next couple of weeks. But even just to start off that way, usually some other trade from some other year creeping in. Some team's got two picks in the first some team's got none. It's not like that this year. Everybody's got a trip to the dance. This is really nice.
Speaker 2: Went almost we went almost a decade without the Rams having their first round picks.
Speaker 1: So Sean mcay's like, screwed end picks. All right, let's get to the New York Football Giants. Spoiler alert. They also did quarterback and they certainly de line help and secondary help. So where do they go from here?
Speaker 2: Pat and the g Men could very well take a quarterback in the spot Joe, But they could also acquire a veteran quarterback in March, maybe someone like Sam Darnold, maybe someone like Justin Fields. So while this pick could be Shadoor Sanders, I am going to give the Giants Shadoor Sanders teammate the guy I believe to be the best player in this draft, Travis Hunter. And Hunter is just a special talent, a two way player who excels us both a cornerback and as a wide receiver. When he gets to the NFL, I don't think Hunter is going to play on both sides of the ball as often as he did in college. Just not feasible, at least not if Hunter wants to have a long lasting career. So Hunter is primarily going to play cornerback for my Giants, and I suspect that Hunter probably will be primarily a cornerback wherever he lands. In reality, Giants cornerback Adorri Jackson is about to become a free agent. They drafted cornerback Deontay Banks in the first round last year out of Maryland. Banks that are pretty uneven rookie season. Hunter is going to help stabilize the cornerback position for the Giants. He's going to be the shutdown guy if Banks takes a big step forward.
Speaker 4: Near two.
Speaker 2: Now we're cooking, but don't you worry. We will get Hunter onto the field as a receiver.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 2: I think the plan would be to use him as a fourth receiver. Have n't played about I don't know twenty twenty five percent of the offensive snaps and in crunch time. We will wish our opponents well in trying to cover both Malik Neighbor Neighbors and Travis Hunter.
Speaker 1: As Pat mentioned, free agency, we'll have an impact on this first round and the rest of the draft. Two. But this is right now. We're living in the now with this draft and having some fun today. Next up is my New England Patriots here at the four spot. Bogman. I was hoping to get Carter. It did not happen. So who are you gonna give me instead?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna give you Will Campbell, the offensive tackle out of LSU, New England thirty first in past block grade one Mason three sacks per game three point one. Only Chicago obviously with Kleb Williams holding the ball. Cleveland, Houston, Minnesota and Seattle allowed more sacks per game. Then you're New England Patriots.
Speaker 4: You got Drake May.
Speaker 3: He can scramble, and I know you need targets, but I think there are targets later to get. There's not another Will Campbell in his pass blocking gradetect this point quarterback.
Speaker 4: In the second round of the draft.
Speaker 3: So let's go drop in our left tackle and at least have one to keep Drake May up right.
Speaker 1: I'm happy with this. I sign off. You have my approval of a thousand percent on this one. Protect your investment. Look, you know you got a quarterback in Drake May. Protect him and then continue to have a good draft here. Coming up next at the five spot, the Jacksonville Jaguars are perennial top ten pick. It feels like for most of my life, at least, pat you're up next with this pick. Again. The needs here for the Jags are many looking for secondary help, interior offensive line, quarterback help. Maybe if they want to move off. I don't know, but certainly at this point a couple different ways you could go here with this one. So which way do you want to go for the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Speaker 2: We will address that secondary need, Joe. The Jaguars still need help at corner They needed help last year. I thought they were going to draft Terry and Arnold from Alabama, but the Jaguars passed on Arnold to draft Brian Thomas Junior. Turned out to be a great pick, a rare, shrewd move from former Jaguars general manager Trent Balke. But that needed cornerback remains and Jacksonville is going to address it by taking Will Johnson from the University of Michigan. Johnson is six ' to two, has a physical style, so you can match him up with big receivers, terrific at making plays on the ball. He's good in both man coverage and zone coverage. This is the ace coverman the Jaguars have been looking for ever since the departure of Jalen Ramsey seven or eight years ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, so a cornerback certainly will go a long way there to help Jacksonville's defense. Coming up next to the sixth both of Las Vegas. Mo eight. Is Shador Sanders still on the board for now, Scott Bagman. The Raiders looking to turn over this organization. Pete Carroll's been brought in. They need help at wide receiver, at running back maybe as well as corner. But the QB situation, Chador's out there is the pick.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is the easiest pick in the draft, Joe. If Shador Sanders falls to the Raiders, he is definitely going to be a Raider.
Speaker 4: And it makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: Like I know, I think Gardner Minshew and a O'Connell are fine backup quarterbacks, but you can't play this dance where one of these guys is starting for the whole season. We saw it last year and Pete Carroll's gonna come in here. And the best thing about Pete Carroll is, and we know it, this will be a meritocracy. Whoever plays the best in the preseason and in the camp and in practice will win starting jobs all throughout this roster. So if you draft Sanders and he ain't ready, then Russell Wilson will probably end up being the starting quarterback for the Raiders this season. So you won't have to go through this. Yes, as a top ten pick, he will start at the end of the year for sure. But if he's not ready, Pete Carroll's not gonna hand him to the Wolves. But if he's ready, he will play just like Russell Wilson did. So I think you bring in another vet maybe, and maybe they just stick with Gardner Minshew. I think we'll see a little bit of roster movement at this position for the Raiders though, So I think that bringing in Sanders a guy that can feed the ball to brock Bauers. He knows the game plan. Yes, he makes mistakes, you know, Pat and I talked about him. He does drop back a little bit too much, all all Caleb Williams, but they will try to drum that bad habit right out of him, make him step up in the pocket and throw the ball. Jacoby Myers is a good target still, and they are going to be addressing some of these needs as well in free agency and with their other picks in the draft. So they just need ahead of the offense and Sanders could easily be a plug and play guy from day one. And like I said, if he ain't ready, Carol will not force feed him to you it is all a meritocracy with Carol.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe that opens up our redemption story and arc for Matt Flynn all those years later. Right, can bring back Matt Flynn, have him signed, and then what.
Speaker 4: Is he doing?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: He's gonna come time frum State Farm. Here comes Matfleck.
Speaker 1: Guy. That guy signed a pretty good contract. You know he never had to do anything, all right, New York, Chase Daniels, that's right. The New York Jets are up next at seven. Pat, That goes back to you. The Jets could certainly need I think I think I could go defense with this pick. Personally, I think it's either the secondary or defensive tackle. What did you give him here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said it, Joe. I mean they could take an offensive lineman here. They've got some aging tackles. But the Jets also have a lot of defensive backs who are about to hit free agency, cornerbacks DJ Reid and Isaiah Oliver, and safety is Chuck Clark and Tony Adams, although I think Adams might be a restricted free agent. But still, let's keep that secondary stocked with talent by giving the Jets Malachi Starks, the outstanding safety from Georgia he would team with Sauce Gardner to give the Jets two big time playmakers in the secondary. Starks is just terrific athlete. He's versatile. I think he could play either strong or free safety. And if the Jets do lose Isaiah Oliver and free agency, the Jets could probably play Starks as a slot corner. Malachi Starks just as a nose for the ball, good and coverage, has the speed to run with wide receivers, excellent run support. I generally don't think it's a good idea to spend a top ten pick out of safety unless that player is special. Well, Malachi Starts is pretty special.
Speaker 1: All right. We'll see if we get a special player here at number eight for the Carolina Panthers. Up next. Now, the Panthers, obviously it feels like they've turned the corner at the quarterback position. That's a good thing, especially for this year's draft. Looking at edge, perhaps some wide receiver help, defensive tackle. What do you think, Bogs, where do you go here for this one? For the Panthers, We're going dt.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give Mason Graham, the big defensive tackle from Michigan. Obviously, we know that Michigan had a great, great run defense the last few years, and famously Ohio State tried to run the ball up the gun on them and lost that game against Michigan, one of the most improbable losses in that rivalry. Mason Graham was a big reason. At looking at the Carolina Panthers run defense thirty second in the NFL last season, dead last, and Derek Brown tore up his knee.
Speaker 4: So I don't know when for Debro they're there.
Speaker 3: Debro the other kid is going to come back for you know, for the Panthers next season and play. Is it going to be early? Is he going to take a little bit longer. That's a huge loss. He was like their one good defensive player. So they need a team leader. And for all the issues that they had on offense, and yes they were bad, the defense was way worse last year and that is the thing holding them back and they need to build it from the inside out.
Speaker 1: Yea. And they played a lot of close games there of the second half too. They were hanging with a lot of teams. So we can fix that defense a little bit and maybe you start winning some of those closer games. That could be the case. All Right before we get to the next pick, I want to remind everybody we got free stuff to give away and if you want a chance to win, he signed Mike Evans Buccaneers helmet for free, courtesy of our friends at Pristine Auction dot com. All you need to do is head to Fantasybros dot com slash contest, complete the form and either download the Fantasy Pros my playbook app, leave a review for the podcast, or follow us on x, Instagram or TikTok at Fantasy Pros. The more actions you complete, the more entries you'll receive, and we'll be announcing the winner right here on the podcast. So if you're watching on YouTube, be sure to subscribe, turn on thoseonifications so you can be alerted when new episodes are up and you can claim your prize. Okay, next up here after the Carolina Panthers pick, the New Orleans Saints are up next. They need a lot of things, but I think the Fountain of Youth pat would be the best selection for the New Orleans Saints. So let's start getting younger with these picks. What are we gonna do?
Speaker 2: Yes, Joe Man, things have been pretty chalky and our mock to this point, so let's erase the chalk with this pick. I think the Saints have to go defense. Their run dye was atrocious last year. Their pass rush is okay, but Cameron Jordan's going to be thirty six next season. Chase Young is going to be a free agent. The Saints are going to look for run stoppers in this draft, but first they are going to get an explosive edge rusher in Mike Green, who is a standout in the senior ball practices. I think pre senior ball, Green was widely projected to go in the second half of the first round, but surprise surprise, after his phenomenal week down in Mobile, Green sneaks into the top ten here with the Saints. He had seventeen sacks from Marshall last year. He was the first Marshall player to be a first team All Americans since Randy Moss. Green just has an explosive first step. He is tall and rangy and can really bend in the edge, but like Green, is also a surprisingly physical player with heavy hands. Saints defensive retooling starts with one of the best edge rushers in this draft class.
Speaker 1: Mike Green next up here at number ten. Is the Chicago Bears. Now, obviously, Bogs offensive line is the giant need here, but that's no fun, Bogs. What did you give the Bears?
Speaker 3: Well, look, I think if you want to help your quarterback, obviously the on line is huge, getting targets is big. But they have targets we didn't even see. We have not scratched the surface of what roman super exciting next year about.
Speaker 1: Being drafted right now, I think thirty seven overall wide receiver, and I don't I think that's criminal right now. I think that's just because people are waiting to see the Keenan Allen situation. I think it's a placeholder ranking. But I do think that's gonna change relatively quickly.
Speaker 3: We've seen Ben Johnson with DeAndre Swift. There's a reason he's in Chicago now right it's because he wasn't that good in the Ben Johnson offense. So let's give them ashing Genty, the quote unquote generational type running back from Boyse State. I don't know if I want to call him generational. I know Fitz has mentioned this. He's not Beijon, He's not Saquon. You know, he's he's not that guy. But I would put him right underneath those guys. My comp for him, and I hate comps. I'm not a big comp guy. I like to watch the guy play and say, all right, he's his own guy. Who does He remind me of many Marshawn Lynch, just the shorter Marshaw Lynch. The body control. This dude is like a damn pinball. It is impossible to bring him down. He's been hit high, he's been hit low. He shrugs off tackles. He's great with the ball in his hand. He's explosive. And just listen to the numbers and watch Jaws drop three hundred and seventy four rushing yards rush attempts, two six hundred and one yards, twenty nine touchdowns, along with twenty three catches one hundred and thirty eight yards, and the year before he had forty three catches. This dude can catch the ball out of the backfield. So how do you help Caleb Williams. Besides getting him offensive lineman, you get him the best running game you possibly can. That's what helped Jared Goff in Detroit. That's what helped the pass game a lot. So give the ball to Ashon Jenty twenty five times a game, and don't worry about it. Plug him right in and watch him go. I am super excited about him. I think this would be a really nice landing spot with this new offensive system coming in.
Speaker 1: So true was willing to be aggresive, which Amir gives in the draft a few years ago, so that it's not absurd to think they could take GENTI here my only question about Geny. You mentioned that workload three hundred and seventy four attempts, right, Like, that's a lot, and he concerns about the workload that he's had in college because sometimes we've seen that by the time these guys get to the pros, they're a little burnt. Any concerned there.
Speaker 3: You know, I understand the overarching concern. He just never slowed down, right, That was the thing. It's like, if he had been nicked up or questionable to play games, or you know, slowing down at the end or whatever, then I would say, Okay, this guy just never missed a beat. So I won't say it's affecting him until I see it's him being affected by it.
Speaker 4: So I didn't see any of that. I'm not worried about him.
Speaker 1: Next up, the San Francisco forty nine ers here. Now, the Bears in this draft did not take the offensive lineman, which means Banks is still on the board here, Pat, they could use some help at guard, linebacker, edge. I mean, there's a lot of needs here, cornerback here for the San Francisco forty nine ers. So what would you give them here at eleven?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this one's pretty easy, Joe. The forty nine ers could use offensive line help. I mean left tackle. Trent Williams turns thirty seven in August, so they are going to take Kelvin Banks off Texas as the heir apparents to Trent Williams. Banks has been a three year starter at left tackle for the Longhorns, and he is remarkably athletic for a six four, three hundred and twenty pound human being. I think he'd be a perfect fit for Kyle Shanahan's offense, which values offensive lineman who can get to the second level. And yeah, Banks is just a great fit here. So let's give the forty nine ers Calvin Banks from Texas to.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys at twelve. Let's see what Jerry Jones is going to come up with here from Scott Bogman.
Speaker 3: Tad McMillan, the wide receiver out of Arizona, and you know, they just don't have anybody on the other side of seating Lamb right now.
Speaker 4: And I know the.
Speaker 3: Running game is missing as well. Depending on who you ask, some people really like Rico. Didn't seem like they really liked Rico last year, or else they would have given him the ball a little bit more. But they need another outside presence. Ted McMillan is an enormous wide receiver, six ' five tracks the ball well, gets the ball with his hands, enormous catch radius. The only thing that you worry about with a guy of his size is maybe he doesn't have that type of speed, but didn't slow him down against any of his competition.
Speaker 4: Had some enormous years for Arizona.
Speaker 3: Eighty four catches, thirteen hundred and nineteen yards and eight touchdowns this year, had a more healthy year of the year before ninety catches, fourteen hundred and two and ten. The dude is an immediate presence. The dude that can turn the ball from a fifty to fifty two to seventy thirty and that's exactly what they could use. Is just rolling coverage towards ten to get CD a couple more one on ones, and that would make him even more dangerous. So I really think getting a second target should be the Cowboys priority.
Speaker 1: If Gent should slide to the Cowboys, I'd be shocked if they didn't take him, and if Jerry Jones really wants him, I also wouldn't be shocked if he trades up to like seven where the Jets are, and the Jets take some more draft picks, continue to figure some things out there in order to leap frog if they think maybe win that Chicago might take him next up here at thirteen, the Miami Dolphins Pat fitz Morris, back to you. Disappointing year for the Dolphins last season. They could use some help on defense at the tackle positions, maybe safety, linebacker, or could always go with another offensive lineman. Where do you want to go?
Speaker 2: We will go with another offensive lineman. Joe Armand Membo of Missouri, So Miami really needs offensive line help, especially at guard. Membo was a tackle at Missouri. He's six three, three hundred and fourteen pounds. He does have thirty four inch arms, so he probably could stay at tackle, but he could also move inside to guard. Membo has a rare combination of power and athleticism. He is an early declarer, and yet he started thirty games from Miszoo in his three years there. So Membo, I think would be a nice start for the Dolphins in their effort to patch up that offensive line.
Speaker 1: Next up after the Dolphins at fourteen, the Indianapolis Colts. Colts team that was two years ago in the playoffs this year on the outside looking in, they could use some interior offensive line help. Go tight end here. It's a great tight end on the board, corner, linebacker, safety, lots of ways the Colts can go. So Boggs, what do you want to give him here?
Speaker 4: Real quick? Just not surprised that fits.
Speaker 3: He wanted the O line to help with all of his debn a chance shares, So not surprised at that at all. But for the Colts, let's give them Tyler Warren. They had big ties to brock Bowers. They tried to move up last season and grab him. And I'm not gonna sit here and tell you that Tyler Warren is brock Bowers because he's not. That's why Fitz and I were so big on brock Bowers last season. But Tyler Warren is a stud. He is going to be the first tight end off the board, no doubt. We also like Coulson Lovelin from Michigan, but I think Tyler Warren can drop in here. And what do you need If you're Anthony Richardson, you already have very good wide receiver targets.
Speaker 4: This is it.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's nothing else you can do more to help Anthony Richardson outside of maybe some old line play. But now he's got Pittman, now he's got downs. Jonathan Taylor's in the backfield. You have two options in Mitchell and Pierce, who were both solid last season. If you drop Tyler Warren in here, then you go all right, if you can't succeed with these targets and weapons, you can't succeed.
Speaker 4: That is it.
Speaker 3: You give Anthony Richardson no outs, you give him everything he could possibly use, and you start throwing the ball with force. If he can get it done, this offense is going to be very, very scary. So I think you just make everything a little bit easier for Anthony Richardson. They obviously need a lot of defensive help as well. I easily could have gone there, But the ties to brock Bowers and the want for a big target over the middle like Tyler Warren is what made me go with him here for the Colts, all right.
Speaker 1: Next up the Lanta Falcons at fifteen. They've got some different needs here. Falcons aren't far off here. I think this one simple, pat I'm looking for pass rush. What are you looking for? Yep?
Speaker 2: It seems like the Falcons are perpetually in need of pass rushers.
Speaker 1: Joe and well, nice alliteration.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are definitely in need of a pass rusher. Again. They had the second fewest sacks in the league last year, just thirty one, and they ranked twenty ninth in pressure rates. Enter Mikel Williams of Georgia. So Williams only had five sacks this past season for Georgia fourteen sacks across his three seasons with the Bulldogs. But I think Mikel Williams is a little like Trayvon Walker was coming out of Georgia a few years ago. Like Walker didn't post big sack numbers in college either, but he was an athletic freak with big time upside. Lo and behold, Trayvon Walker had double digit sacks for the Jaguars in two straight seasons after being the number one overall pick in twenty twenty two. Mikel Williams looks like he came out of a just an edge rusher lab like. He's long and twitchy, powerful and athletic, powerful hands. Georgia thought Williams was versatile enough that he moved around the formation. They'd occasionally line him up inside, like over the center. So Mikel Williams's big time upside. I think he's the perfect fit for the Falcons.
Speaker 1: All right. Next up here at sixteen, Scott Bogmins on the clock for the Arizona Cardinals. Expectations. I feel like last year for the Arizona Cardinals and they fell a little short there. They could also use some edge rush, so unfortunately that pick might have hurt them defensive tackle. Look, they took a wide receiver last year. I don't think they're gonna go that route. And then at the end of the day, everybody could always use help on the old line. So Boggs, what do you want to do here for the Cardinals?
Speaker 3: I think this is one of my hardest picks, honestly, is that do we want to get a second outside presence here on offense, or do we want to just keep improving this defense, because I think the defense is the weakness of this team. They do have you know, you re signed James Connor, you have Trey Benson there, Marvin Harrison. I think we all expect him to take a step up in his sophomore season. And Trey McBride came through specifically in the back half. So I think the offense is okay. I'm going to go with James Pearcy edge rusher out of Tennessee. This team, I believe was twenty eighth twenty seventh in pressure percentage last season, just not putting a lot of pressure on the quarterback. They did end up with forty one sacks, which was a decent number. But I think just putting a presence like James Pearce on this line to help with everything he can do a little bit of everything run, defense and getting towards the quarterback, I think is the most prudent pick for the card before.
Speaker 1: We get to the next pick on the board. This ain't the little eny teeny weenie title, Well, this is the super Bowl that we're gonna be playing here this weekend. And get into the action on DraftKings sports Book and official sports betting partner of Super Bowl fifty nine. If you're ready to place your first bet, try betting on something simple like a player to score six. Go to Draftking sports Book app to make your pick today download the DraftKings sports Book app, and when you do, use that promo code Fantasy Pros. That's Fantasy Pros and new customers. You get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings Sports Book. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 5: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight hope and WY or text hope and Y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visits CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill Casena when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Boyden, Ontario. New customers only bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see dkanng dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: Next up here the Cincinnati Bengals. I have a pretty high pick here at seventeen by their standards lately, a year that was disappointed, marred by some bad defense. So are we going to fix the defensive side of this team here?
Speaker 2: Pat Fitzmorris, No, Joe, I've been taking a lot alignment lately. I want to have some fun, So I'm going to give the Bengals Luther Burden, the wide receiver from Missouri. This one just makes too much sense. The Bengals aren't going to be able to resign t Higgins. They're going to have to find a new running mate for Jimar Chase, and I don't know if Andre Josevash is that guy. After a twelve hundred yard season four Missouri and twenty twenty three, Burton's numbers really fell off in twenty twenty four, but the Missouri offense kind of struggled at times, especially when quarterback Brady Cook was hurt. Burton is just so quick, like this guy creates instant separation off the snap, and when he has the ball in his hands, Burton is flat out electric, Like this guy strings together these ankle breaking moves. My comp for him isn't even a football comp Joe. Like the way Burdon strings moves together reminds me of Alan Iverson.
Speaker 1: Like Burton is just slippery.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so hope he likes to practice more. Good point.
Speaker 2: He also has really good contact balance for a smaller receiver, and despite being only five to eleven, Burton is one of these guys who makes contested catches, like punches above his weight or I should say height in that department, kind of like Tyreek Hill. I mean, this dude makes some circus catches. So let's pair Burton with Jamar Chase and keep Joe Burt well stocked with pass catching weaponry.
Speaker 1: Short kings catching footballs. I like it. I'm in for it. Jack Sawyer up next is the pick that Boggin puts in for the Seattle Seahawks. So let's talk about this one. Looking for Seattle to get a little bit better on the pass rush.
Speaker 3: I assume here box, yeah, and I think they're you know, they were okay in the past rush last season. But I think what Jack Sawyer does at this point is he brings identity to this defense, and you know this has not been the same defense since the twelfth Man and Bobby Wagner and Cam Chancellor and all of those guys. I think what you get with Jack Sawyer as a leader, a guy with high, high motor. He's going to be out there every single play. He can play standing up, he can play with his hand in the dirt. He'll do whatever they ask him to do. Obviously, may hit the big play against my Longhorns in the semifinals there, but this dude will bring identity and heart and motor to this defense, which I just feel like has been like this is a crowd that is ready to go nuts at every single play. They are ready to be the twelfth Man and the Seahawks just really haven't brought it on the defensive side recently. So could they use some corners? Yes, I think offensive line may be a bigger need for them. I just don't think there's a player here that jumps off the page to me that they have to have. So for me, gimme, gimme Jack Sawyer. Let's bring some identity and motor to this defense.
Speaker 1: Three of the last four picks here on the board edge rushers. So we'll see what the Tampa Bay Buccaneers do next at nineteen, the run has happened. Do we want to keep going with this run here, Pat, or we want to pivot to something else?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do, Joe, Nick s Gorton the edge from Texas A and M so Yeah, and Aggie I had to do it just to and I Bogman, the Longhorns fan. But the Bucks could use another defensive end to play opposite Yah Yah Dabi on that defensive line. Gordon's kind of a He's not really like a true bendy edge rusher, one of these lighter guys. He's six four to two eighty five, So s Gorton's kind of a power edge player, really good motor, and I think he only turned twenty a few months ago, so he was a teenager for most of his college career. There's a lot of growth potential for Nick Scorton. I think he'd be a good fit with the Bucks.
Speaker 1: Next up here twenty the Denver Broncos Bogs. Let's talk about the Broncos needs here. Could use a tight end, but the big tight end is off the board here a wide receiver help perhaps, maybe linebacker, maybe safety. Where do you want to go here for the Broncos?
Speaker 3: No, we're going to that tight end. We're gonna give him Colson Loveland. I'm Michigan in Yeah, you guys really like it. Yeah, I love this pick for him in Coulson Loveland. I mean I said, I made this point. Fits really enjoyed it on the Dynasty show. Like, if we're going to give Loveland a hard time for not playing well and having production with the Michigan offense, that'd be like getting mad at my skateboard for not doing air trips right, Like I'm not getting it off the ground.
Speaker 4: It's a user issue.
Speaker 1: It is to bring back to two shows. I was a little worried I was wat material on this show that you did on the other show. But that's a good one.
Speaker 3: But I just think Loveland he kinda He's got a little bit of Jeremy Shockey and get the ball in his hands, let him run with it and run some dudes over. Like he is great with the ball in his hands. He is definitely a receiving tight end. Uh, he can block, He's got that motor, He's got that intensity for sure. I missed some time this year, which I think maybe keeps him behind Tyler Warren, but definitely do it all tight end that could bring a great pass catching presence to any team, And I think with you know, with the Broncos, we're really looking for pass catchers. Bo Knicks was great last year, but all you really had was Courtland Sutton. Marvin Mins started to come around late, but let's give him that option over the middle and put Lovelin on this.
Speaker 1: I like that a lot. I think that's a really really sound pick there.
Speaker 2: Joe can I jump been with a quick point about Loveland versus Warren? Sure place absolutely, Bug you said you're pretty certain that Warren goes first.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, Warren's twenty four and Loveland is twenty. So I think if any of the tight end sady teams are looking at that age thing and are kind of worried about, like you know, getting a guy who's four years older than the next best guy, like, that's the reason I think there's a decent chance Loveland is actually the first tight end taken.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I guess it also depends on what team's doing it, right, I mean, Indianapolis is, you know, hopefully getting back into competing next year, So I don't think taking Warren is an absurd idea, and you know, like if somebody doesn't because of the age, Okay, that's fair enough, but certainly a good point there. The Pat's making boy Jeremy Shockey. There's a name I haven't thought of in a long time. I often wonder if Jeremy Shockey, who had his head screwed on properly, what he could have been, because he was in a magnificent talent, especially in that era too, where it wasn't it was just the beginning of the opening up of the offenses in the NFL. You know, imagine now what he would be. It would be fun. Right Next up here is the Pittsburgh Steelers. We can't let Bogman make that pick, so Pat do it for him. What do you want to give him here? I don't imagine they're addressing quarterback through the draft. Here, maybe corner or maybe a new running back since they're not gonna have any next year. I don't know what do you want to do.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go with a wide receiver and I think I'm gonna make Bogman happy with this one. I'm gonna give him a Mecca Agbuka, the wide receiver from Ohio State. The Steelers need help at receiver, and Egbuka is a slot receiver with a really high floor. I think he's virtually bustproof. Like eg Buka is a very advanced route runner and good after the catch. I love how quickly he gets into his routes and makes these sharp cuts. Seems to understand leverage, which is part of what makes him such a good slot man. Just sets up for these moves, gets his defenders like leaning the wrong way, and then Bang makes his break and separate. So George Pickens needs help. Let's give him a running mate with a Mecca egg Buka.
Speaker 1: We have the Los Angeles Chargers. I would say a resounding success in your one for Harball returning to the NFL. I don't know about you, Bogs, but he got this team to the playoffs. They were a joke last year. You addressed the offensive line last year. We know Harball wants to run the football. So what does he do here? Does he finally go ahead and take that big ticket running back and go all in here, Bogs, or does he do something maybe to solidify more on the defensive side of the football.
Speaker 3: I mean, general manager Bogman would for sure give me Omari and Hampton for the Chargers because I don't want to play this dance between JK. Dobbins and Gus Edwards and Camanie Vitell and all of these guys anymore. Give me a big, violent downhill runner and Omariy and Hampton to just dominate. And I mean I wish we saw more Justin Herbert. Obviously, his final performance was miserable against the Texans.
Speaker 4: We watched half of it on the VP.
Speaker 1: Enjoyed that together.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, that was a lot of fun. But yes, especially after having so few.
Speaker 1: He had more in that game than he had all year, right, I mean.
Speaker 3: They yeah, and they need targets, right. I think Lovelin would be a great fit here and a Michigan guy. I think that fit almost writes itself in. But playing the dance between all of these running backs last season, the we know the on line is good, we know that Justin Herbert is good. It's the skill positions that this team needs. And I think Hampton is the best guy left on the board, and he can carry a big, big workload for the team, which is exactly what Harbaugh wants.
Speaker 4: So give him his battering ram.
Speaker 1: He seems to love the stylistic guy for Harbaugh like, yeah, I'm with you, and I like this big a lot. All right, next up, nice to see you not one but two running backs in the first round. What year is this? Was that two thousand and four? What's going on here?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 3: Listen with with what Saquon and Derek Henry I think opinions on.
Speaker 4: Andjon and Gibb.
Speaker 3: Like, I think that the opinion of let's wait to take a running back, I think that's kind of being rewound a little bit and real well it.
Speaker 1: Is, And especially because the quarterback play has been spar because they've had a lot of inexperienced quarterback play and a lot of more mobile quarterback play that hasn't necessarily been the most advanced quarterback play. You're seeing almost a regression in the style of offense now that you're seeing. You're seeing a lot more colleges style stuff going on here. And everything is cyclical in the NFL, but it definitely feels like this past season was a reawaken Even Jacobs had a good year right going to green Bay. Speaking of the green Bay Packers, look at that transition. Only a professional could do that. The Green Bay Packers up at twenty three. Pat Fitzmorris, you're on the board. Nobody knows better than you well the needs of the Packers, certainly corner Edge Dtackle, what do you want to do here?
Speaker 2: Wide receiver elec Aa Manor from Stanford and Joe was five months ago that wide receivers seemed like an area of strength for the Packers. Now it is a five alarm fire. Christian Watson tours acl Jane Reid didn't really take the next step forward after a promising rookie year. Dantavian Wicks didn't take a step forward either, and Romeo Dobbs probably best suited to be a three receiver, not a one or a two.
Speaker 3: Real quick on that, Pat, you can't you can't say that the Packers are a five alarm fire. With Joe hosting the show here and his Patriots wide receiver good point, and then my wide receiver corps for the.
Speaker 1: Steelers, it's a dust bowl. I think if you go inside the wide receiver room with the Patriots is actually one of those things we see those little tumble weeds going by like in the Old West. Stuff that that to me feels like more realistic for them. But Pat's not wrong. I mean, look, you want Jordan Loved to succeed the wide receiver room took it. It went from hey, this is a really deep group. Two, hey, maybe this group is really not so good.
Speaker 4: And he was number one question number one.
Speaker 1: That is ignoring all the needs on the defensive side going for offense just like a fantasy guy. I would I respect it.
Speaker 2: You guys do make a good point about the Patriots and Steelers having thinner wide receiver. Course, we'll downgrade this to a three alarm fire. We do not need to call on fire departments from neighboring municipalities for this one, but we do need to give the Packers more help there. So elk Amanor it is am and is this big, powerfully built possession receiver with a big catch radius. I love how he just eats up yardage after the catch with these big long strides, and man, he is really hard to tackle, just a load to try to bring down. Elamanner's a ferocious blocker and that's actually something the Packers really value in their wide receivers. And also elk amn Or is from medicine Hat, Alberta. So I don't think the Chiley temperatures of December and January home games in Green Bay are going to bother him too much.
Speaker 1: Yes, he'll say sorry every chance he gets twenty four. The Minnesota Vikings up next. I think this was pretty clear of pretty much every corner that's on that roster is a free agent this year. So is that where we're going here?
Speaker 3: Bugs, Yeah, let's give him Jedi Baron the Thorpe Award winner. Of course, hook him too, let's go.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They gave up the fourth fifth most fifth most passing yards over four thousand yards passing and you know this is going to happen for a team with a high offensive output as they have, right and obviously Justin Jefferson is enormous. Jordan Addison took a huge step up. We got a healthy Hawkinson on the back end, plus a little bit of a lack of the run game, Aaron Jones getting a little bit older. I know some mocks have a replacement running back going here to the Vikings, but I just you know, they've been trying to address this and it hasn't worked, and they have some free agents, and this is one of the better players left on the board, and it fits my Homer narrative. I think everything fits here for me to take Baron here for the Vikings.
Speaker 1: Let's see what fits for the Texans. A nice playoff run for them after kind of a weird but successful regular season wide receiver for them too. I don't know where do you want to go here for Houston? I mean, I guess you could always go offensive line. They could certainly leave them help their pet.
Speaker 2: I don't think they've still run the cards up to the podium anymore, Joe, But if they did, I think the Texans a dash to the podium to take Josh Simmons, the offensive tackle from Ohio States. Their offensive line was just catastrophically bad in twenty twenty four, and it kept CJ. Stroud from being his best. The Texans allowed a twenty seven point two percent pressure rate, which was highest in the league, and gave up fifty four sacks, third most in the league. Simmons is coming off the season ending knee injury, hence the fall down to the latter part of the first round. If not for that injury, he might be a top ten pick. Simmons is just this prototypical left tackle, huge wingspan, nice athleticism for a big guy just with the Texans.
Speaker 1: Need the Rams up next to twenty six. Now Scott Bogmy and Cooper Cup getting run out of town? Is it time to replace him here?
Speaker 3: I think so. And by the way, this is just falling right. It's my lap with my long Horn's narrative here. But Matthew Golden I think would fit in this offense perfectly. I think he's a great compliment to what Poka Nakua does. A guy that uses his speed mirrored with his feet. He sets up these corners with his feet, and he can stop and start on a dime. He's gonna crush that three cone drill at the combine if he even decides to run it. I don't know why he would need to, But this is a dude with a great change of direction skill. I think that's going to be perfect for a guy like Stafford. And you know, Pooka is a guy that you can just throw the ball up to and let him his catch radius is going to do the rest of the work for you and you're gonna get a lot of separation with Matthew Golden. So I think he fits exactly what this Rams team needs, and especially if they do end up trading Cooper cup.
Speaker 1: I don't want to blow sunshine up your rear end. But I love Matthew Golden. I'm a huge fan.
Speaker 4: I watched a lot of him in the turn he didn't I.
Speaker 1: Did, I did. I watch a ton and I loved him in that game against the SEO. It's just so good, like it's just I don't know, man, like he just he made some catches in that game. I was like, that guy has a nose for the end zone. I U said, catch radius is really impressively. He's in his nice compliment to Cooper to excuse me, pukinakua in that offense too. Theoretically, I actually really like that duo that would get me a That's a very exciting landing spot for me. From a Fantasy Nerds standpoint, I'd like to see it. Baltimore up next to twenty seven. Pat, You're on the clock.
Speaker 2: Baltimore is going to take Shamar Steuart, an edge player from Texas A and M. And this is just a classic Ravens pick. Sit in your spot late in the first round and catch the falling value exactly, but like it might be more than BPA for Baltimore. They actually need help on the edge, and Stuart is just this big physical specimen with vast untapped upside. He six ' five two eighty one with an eighty three inch wing span, and it looks like this dude was chiseled out of granite. Like he is just an absolute physical specimen. So Shamar Stewart also had a great week of practice at the Senior Ball that probably clinched his first round status. I would love to see him go to the Ravens, a team that's kind of pretty apt to get the most out of a high upside player like this.
Speaker 1: Next up the lines of twenty eight. Now, Scott Bogman, you have been taking an edge here, which is really interesting. So was that a concern about Hutchinson's return or just trying to give him some more help on the other side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not really. It had nothing to do with Aiden Hutchinson's return. I think Aiden Hutchinson is going to be back. But it is what we saw after they started losing guys left and right last season. Right, It's this the depth of this team. It's very good almost everywhere, but Jesus, they could not stay healthy on this defensive line. Has saved their lives. Everybody got banged up, So I think just adding depth and a guy across from Hutchinson to take a little bit of the pressure off, specifically coming off a massive catastrophic injury like he did just have, I think is the best move for this team. They are really locked up on the offensive side, don't need a ton of help. Maybe you know, some of the old line is getting a little bit old, but I think the defense and getting the depth there in case what happens, which doesn't seem like it's possible what they end up with like twenty one defensive players on the ir or some ridiculous number last season. So I just think getting some depth there is going to be exactly what we want for Detroit real quick.
Speaker 1: Why him and not say Jayalen Walker who is a little bit more positioned flexibility, Like if you're looking for depth just out of curiosity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I don't want flexibility. I want the new needs to play the position. I want a specific area.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just don't know if you want to like deaf guys and being able to move guys around if you're you know, worry about costeback.
Speaker 3: I think as a workie, how I always screw his name up. I'm thinking of Levi on your workie as a raku. I think he is a very good player that will compliment Hutchinson very very well, and I think he might be BPA here. So I think it's a good pick for the.
Speaker 1: Washington Commander's up next to hear Pat A great year for the Commanders. So what do you want to do to help them get back to the playoffs in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: We'll give them cornerback Benjamin Morrison of Notre Dame. So Washington needs more help at cornerback. Their first round selection of the spin lee Emmanuel Forbes two years ago was pretty much a disaster. They traded for Marshaun Latimore this year, but Latimore's best days are pretty clearly behind him and he's almost certain to be cut in the offseason. Mike Sandras, still their second round pick last year, really nice find, but I think he's at his best as a slot corner and the Commanders were sort of forced to use him outside for much of this past season. Let's give the Commanders a true outside corner in Benjamin Morrison, regarded as an excellent technician who should be able to make a meaningful contribution right away, not a project. Let's just give this Washington defense an instant jolt with a NFL ready player.
Speaker 1: Next up the Buffalo Bills at thirty. I would think Bog's got to go on the defensive side of the football here, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Let's stop the run and let's get them a big defensive tackle in Walter Nolan out of old Miss, a dude that can do a little bit of everything. They just don't have a lot of depth on the interior of the defensive line. Quentin Jefferson, Jordan Phillips, Austin Johnson are all UFAs right now. It's at Oliver and Deikwon Jones and not a lot of experience behind those guys Dewan Carter and Zion los So. I think just getting some depth the air and a potential starter would be a prudent move for the Bills. So let's give them Walter Nolan.
Speaker 1: Du picks remain. The Philadelphia Eagles a thirty one, Pat, We're back to you. A great year for the Eagles, And of course, talking about BPA, how he certainly knows how to find talent and drafts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do we give the team that has everything. They're just aren't a lot of screaming needs for the Eagles, but they could probably use another edge player. They might be able to use another linebacker, and we know the Eagles like defenders from the University of Georgia. So you referenced him just a minute ago, Joe Jalen Walker, the combination edge line from Georgia. You know, primarily a linebacker like he could play the middle, he could be the Sam linebacker, but also as the versatility to plan the edge on passing downs. It's just this thick, well built dude. But also Rangy has a real nose for the ball. I think the rich are going to get richer here with Howie Roseman picking up Jalen Walker toward the end of the first round.
Speaker 3: And then then had we had we had to save the Georgia guy for Philly of course, of course, I mean, yeah, you know, just made too much sense. I couldn't give him to the.
Speaker 1: Line one way transfer portal. Geez, let's go thirty two Kansas City Chiefs, uh bogs. Now the Chiefs, you know, certainly have a couple of different ways that can go here. Where do you want to go to close out this first round.
Speaker 3: Let's give him Kenneth Grant. I mean another team that just sits and takes the best player on the board and just the rich get richer, right, And they do have a need at this position as well. Obviously Chris Showan's best in the NFL, but behind him Wharton Pennell not two P two all UFAs going into the offseason, So maybe they get one or two of those guys back to definitely not getting all of them. They're gonna get paid by some teams here, so I think Kenneth Grant's slipping to this spot would be ridiculous, but there's a lot of good players, so I think it's definitely in the cards and it could be a possibility. So just give them another run Stopper and the rich get Richer.
Speaker 1: There you have it, everybody. That's the first first round. There'll be many more and many more rounds to come here in the months ahead. Make sure you subscribe to the Fantasy Pros YouTube channel and the podcast and on the YouTube channel bring the Belt to It goes dating for notification so you don't miss any of our live streams, our podcasts, and our NFL Draft content here Because we are just a few months away from the NFL Draft. We're gona have stuff around the combin. We're gonna have all kinds of content here, and we'll be live for the draft yet again, just like every single year. So make sure we are your second screen experience here at Fantasy Pros for all things NFL, not just fantasy, but also the NFL Draft as well. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for Scott Bodwin and Pat fitz Morris. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Football podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple podcasts at Fantasypros dot com, slash review, or on Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasypros.