Speaker 1: All right, guys.
Speaker 2: So we were just on to teason a pod, So if you haven't listened to that yet, go run listen download.
Speaker 3: Yes are so Now we're going to do two Jersey Jays. I'm Jen Fessler, I'm Jackie Goldschneider, and we all know who our guest is. Now. Hello, Teddy Mellencamp.
Speaker 4: Hi, guys, I'm so happy to be here.
Speaker 3: We're so happy to have you.
Speaker 4: The Tables of Turn Now I am I.
Speaker 5: In the Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna get yours. Yeah, I'm going to rip you in new I Now ours is not going to be quite as salacious.
Speaker 1: We love you, We love you.
Speaker 2: Tamra had to step out for a little bit, but she's going to be joining us a little bit later in the episode.
Speaker 1: Today we're talking about health, which I know.
Speaker 2: That you have so much to say and unfortunately so much experience with lately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we're also going to talk more specifically about health, women's health and women of a certain age. And you're both Jackie and Teddy younger than I am, but focused on of middle age women and what we go through. Yeah, And it's constantly like that, It is, it is. I've always been this reaging hypochondriac. So I've been picturing my demise since I was in my twenties, and I remember just getting so freaked out because if I had a headache, I had a brain tumor, and then my wish was I would pray, please God, let me just have kids first, Let me just get married first. Now it's like, what about the kids, Like I can't and I don't. We're not going to get too morbid. But you know, in terms of health issues, I think that it's so scary when you get to our age.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I would say the biggest and I've talked about this before, but I'm hoping that it'll reach additional people. If you are listening to this right now and you currently do not have life insurance and you have not done your last will and Testament and your trusts or whatever it is that you need to have in place, do it now, because it's something I had not done prior to all of my skin cancer diagnosis and now I cannot get life insurance.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was testing.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's terrible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So before you have you know, like I never really thought about it, like I was like I don't know. I mean like me and Edwin know where the kids, like my sister, you know, like we've talked about that kind of stuff. But once it started getting more real, I was like, oh my gosh, I need to have like life insurance. And I went through the whole process. You have to go through multiple different channels to then get like an email you're rejected.
Speaker 3: I can't believe that.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's awful.
Speaker 3: Wait, Teddy, how old are you I am? I love that.
Speaker 5: I was about to answer thirty six because like for life, that's how old I am.
Speaker 4: I'm forty two years old. So forty two years old?
Speaker 1: And are you your cancer free? Now?
Speaker 5: I'm currently cancer free.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: Such good news.
Speaker 5: It's one of those things that I do need to continue to get checked every three months. I think I was. I ended up having over fourteen. On December twenty sixth I had a huge surgery that's essentially my whole back where they they essentially cut out the entire hole of like my shoulder and then pulled my excess skin over my shoulder and now there's like kind of like a shark bite surgery. My shirts news did an incredible job, but all of that could have been avoided had I not like I'm an anxious OCD diagnosed. I'm not self diagnosing, but like I am, and mine is not surrounding like I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm not like where you said, Jen, that you.
Speaker 5: Like make up in your head, Yeah, those things like I'm one of those people that avoids going to the doctor because I want to pretend I'm always okay.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay. So I want to ask a little bit of an uncomfortable question. And like the first time that you went in and they told you that you had cancer, Like what hearing those words?
Speaker 3: What was that like for you?
Speaker 5: Well, the first time I went in, truthfully, I didn't think it was a big deal. I didn't really know anybody that had skin cancer. I didn't know anyone that in my mind that was just something you cut out and you get right.
Speaker 3: I would feel the next right. That's like, I do know plenty of people that have had skin cancer, and it's not you think of it like I get moved orgery or whatever and never think of Yah.
Speaker 5: So I had had these spots on my back for for a long time, ever since I was a child, essentially, and they would just change colors from like white to frecklely to red.
Speaker 4: People think skin cancer.
Speaker 5: You think it looks like a standard mole for me, And I never did my first one. I went to a dermatologist. I hadn't gotten to the oncologist point yet, and the dermatologist said, this spot looks a little funny. Do you want me to biopsy or just cut it out? It's small enough that I could just cut it out right now. I know you don't want to come back. And I was like, oh, cut it out. She's like, it might not look great. I'm like, don't care, cut it out, send the whole thing in. Let's you know whatever. And then that one, you know, turned into thirteen more so, it really the first one I didn't think was ever going to really turn into another one. And then it was the constant cycle for someone like me who likes to control everything, the constant cycle of the unknowns, and then going to that place of what if I don't make it, what if I do die? And then like the things in my head that I would really go through, like it was like I had real conversations with Edwin where I was like, honey, I want to talk about who you're going to marry when I die.
Speaker 3: And I she would like to pick her, I'd like to pick them to my children, Like I.
Speaker 5: Really want to go through this because I don't trust your picker, like you went through a lot before you got to me, and like I'm still not even the best. Let's really narrowed down, like my non negotiables for what I want. And I even told my best girlfriends the same. I'm like, guys, if I don't make it, please do not let edwin. I don't mind if the girl's prettier than me, but she needs to be funny, a good mom, be supportive, show up to my kids' sporting events, like she needs.
Speaker 4: To be with it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and if she can't be with it, I'm not interested and she has to know. It sounds crazy, but like one of the jokes we got when I was on the show is people said what do you love most about Teddy and he said that she's organized, and everyone was like, oh, grow, but he is the most unorganized human in the world.
Speaker 4: So like, you need that yin and yang, I think in a relationship.
Speaker 2: So I've heard that that Kyle Richards was actually the one who spotted the first like street cooking, spot.
Speaker 1: That's that's insane.
Speaker 5: Tell us, Well, we were on a run and I thought, you know, I guess. I mean, this was after I'd already gotten fired, so she'd she'd seen the back of my You know, we've been working out together since I got hired on the show, and I would always wear just like a sports for our tank top or whatever. But my shoulders were always exposed, so people always saw it. Plus, you know, like all those dresses that we wear, you kind of always show it. I was always in the sun, and you know, it wasn't the world's best about putting sunscreen on. And something that I learned, just to go back on it for a second, is people constantly ask me, you know, what sunscreen should we use? What?
Speaker 4: And what my like board This is key board certified dermatologists told me was the best sunscreen that you can use is the one you.
Speaker 3: Will actually put on?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Because if I don't you feel if this, Yeah, if the sunscreen feels lucky on you, or you don't like it, or you don't enjoy putting it on, you're not going to reapply it and you're not going to you know, so find one that.
Speaker 4: You like to use.
Speaker 3: This use spray. It's just easier. Sometimes I use spray.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm always using different things because you know, with that, I have like textural stuff, so I don't like the way it feels on my hands blah blah blah. But so either way, I was on a run with Kyle. I was in a sports raw and she was like, Teddy, that spot on your back.
Speaker 4: It doesn't look good.
Speaker 5: And I had gone years, probably like ten years before to a dermatologist to get it checked, and they said it looked like dermat dermatitis, like sometimes after you have kids you get dermatitis like whatever it was. And they gave me like a steroid cream and a shrunk and I just ignored.
Speaker 4: It since then.
Speaker 5: But yeah, so at that moment, she goes, I'm gonna call my dermatologist right now. So she called her, and on our run we ran.
Speaker 4: To the dermatologist's office. And that was the first time I.
Speaker 3: Went to wow, did you like have When if anybody ever says these like, I remember if I'm getting like my hair washed and like I've had my haird a kind of look kind of move my hair and look at and I'm like, what the fuck, Like, did you have that sinking feeling when she when Kyle sort of picked up on it.
Speaker 5: No, I mean, but it was those things that like my husband had told me probably a thousand times to go get checked. But it's like something about just in that moment, I was like, you know, I'm such a know at all, but like I was like, Okay, you're right, I should go. And then when that first spot came, and then the beauty of I think sharing vulnerability is normally in my life, I'm one of those people that don't tell people what I need. I'll more just like pull back and maybe go into like a state of like depression or anxiety or whatever it may be, because I don't ever want to get the feeling of being rejected or somebody telling me they can't do something, so I just don't ask for help. But with this entire journey, I really opened up to my family and my friends and essentially people on Instagram too, but and just shared what I was going through and it gave me so much peace because I didn't feel like I was carrying it alone.
Speaker 3: I love that. I love that What about your kids were you able to did they know any better to have this?
Speaker 5: You know, I've always been, not that this is a compare, but people are like, how could you be scared of a doctor, but you went and got a neck lift. I'm like, because that was I chose to two hundred percent, I'll im in trolassic surgery seven.
Speaker 3: Days a week. I told, well, yeah, well yeah, like yes, so I will.
Speaker 5: I had always you know, and I wasn't one of those moms that like didn't tell my kids that I got a necklift, Like I was like, I have, this has been something that's bothered me in my entire.
Speaker 4: Life, blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: So like they had known about surgeries prior because of that, and Slay was always kind of like my nurse, Like she would come in and be like, oh, is there a stitch?
Speaker 3: Can I get that?
Speaker 4: You know, like she'd clean everything.
Speaker 5: So I just kind of kept the open conversation here and made it more of like, guys, first and foremost, I want to tell you that if in these next couple of months, why we're figuring this all out, if I'm not in the best mood, it's not about you. It's not because I'm mad at you, it's not because you're doing something wrong. It's because I am struggling. It doesn't mean that I'm not going to get better, but I don't want you to take that on. But also, do you guys want me to tell you as everything happens? And they were like, yes, please tell us, like and they all have different responses, like Dove's always asking like can I have a band aid? Because I want to be like mommy, I want to have a boo bloo, you know, like and Cruise is more of like the cuddler the lever, and Slate is like the caregiver, you know, she really goes.
Speaker 4: Out of her way.
Speaker 5: And I think the only times that it was hard is like post surgery, Like once I would think that I was coming out of it and then I'd get another hit and then my emotions didn't know how to handle like that.
Speaker 1: So was this is this genetic?
Speaker 2: Or is this fri I know you said you had them since you were a child, but did they get worse with sun exposure or or was this bound to happen?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I think they don't actually know. I mean, I like winning things. But when my oncologists told me that I have the most amount of melanomas they'd ever seen at our hospital, It wasn't.
Speaker 4: Something that I wanted to do, and I was like, Okay, we're going.
Speaker 3: To congratulate you on that. There'll be no prizes for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but no, I mean, I now, after the fact, I did learn that there's something called Castle Sciences that I wish I would have done at my first mole or my first skin cancer.
Speaker 4: But what they do is they take.
Speaker 5: Your biopsy and after they diagnose you know what stage you are, then you can send it to Castle Sciences and then it can tell you your chances of getting more and it's spreading because that would have been key information for me to have because then I could have I could have gone one way or the other. But at least then I would have known these are going to keep coming up. But yes, I had tons of sun exposure growing up.
Speaker 4: I put bayboil on. I did these things. Is that the cause of it? I have no idea. I also was in a tanning bed when I was younger, but something that was I mean.
Speaker 2: The wedding, forget it. So how's your shoulder now? Was that a painful recovery? I imagine stretching the skin like that.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'll give you guys a little. I'll give you a viewing. It's not this isn't for our only fans page.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 3: I remember seeing it at it's a lot teddy looks. So that does not look like it was easy. No, I'm sorry, but I love how you're still backless and you're still sometimes right without like you wear it with your ride.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I don't. Definitely, like people are like, what do you want to would you want to go? And I'm like no, for me, like all the shitty things that I've done in my life, at least I can.
Speaker 4: Feel like I'm helping people in this regard that.
Speaker 5: Like people are saying, yeah, I went to go get check because it can be a bigger deal. We think in our head, you know, the two big things with skin cancer is one it's not a big deal, or two you caused this yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so I think there's that guilt that it's.
Speaker 5: Kind of and I remember feeling that same guilt when I couldn't get pregnant naturally the first time.
Speaker 3: That's same, like sh I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: People would say, well, maybe you're too stressed or maybe you're this, and then it became that guilt again, and I'm like, why am I punishing myself for something that's completely out of my control?
Speaker 3: At this point, I hate when people say, like I've been gone through, like we all have very stressful times and people say, you have to relax, You're gonna give yourself cancer. That's how I'm like, So now you think that helps me to relax. So now I think I'm stressed, that I'm stressed.
Speaker 1: But I don't think that's cancer. It doesn't come from stress.
Speaker 3: They say it they well, listen, people have to say of it. They say it all the time. Yeah, like or they'll I've had people say, you know, she whatever one of my friends. Some Yeah, I've had a couple of friends got cancer and they say, well, she was in like the hardest time in her life and she was so stressed. I personally like to believe that one does not affect the other, but a lot of people disagree with me.
Speaker 5: Wow, well, I mean, I can't even remember what franchise on of housewives, but somebody said, like, you like said it public.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I remember that she.
Speaker 5: Got cancer something along those I remember that, I can't totally remember that it was. And the person ended up having to like release a statement saying like you know that I didn't mean it like that, And I think that's also we say things in just sometimes you know, I mean, we even saw it. I know you guys talk about this often, but like I even saw it.
Speaker 4: Who was it?
Speaker 5: Maybe it was Barbara streisand commented on the ozempic thing publicly. She didn't realize it, But like sometimes we say things and we don't realize what the magnitude their impact will mean from that, you know, I have a.
Speaker 3: Question, Teddy, after now that it's gone forever, we're gonna go with it's gone forever, how has it changed you? And guys, I'm gonna I think that like it wouldn't. It's not just skin cancer, right, I would think, and I haven't had cancer, but that it just changes you. Whatever it is, has it well?
Speaker 5: I would say one regardless of if it's skin cancer, whatever kind of cancer it may be, is you need to get all of your checks. It doesn't mean you just need to go to the dermatologists. You also need to go to the gaynocologist. You need to get your eyes checked. It can be glaucoma. You need to get like every your colonoscopy's like all of those things, just do it, book them, like do it once and just like book out two days and make that a priority. But how it has changed me is I've really shifted my focus on things that I really love to do. You know, A big part of my self worth has always been, you know, like, am I going to be approved? Like I was always like searching for that you know, outside approval, whether that started with my parents or whatever may happen. So I've always been a really hard worker, but I wasn't really thinking about what do I love doing? And now I really focus on it. I'm back to riding horses a lot. I invest my money like the like I'm tight with my money, but like with that kind of stuff, I'm like, this is something my daughter and I love doing, and I'm going to invest in that because this is about enjoying my life that I've created.
Speaker 1: I love that. Can we transition to mental health for a few minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, did you? So?
Speaker 2: You said that you struggle with anxiety, which I do too, and I do too. We talked a lot together about mental health, but we don't talk about it on here yet. I'm curious if you feel like being on the show you were three years full time?
Speaker 1: Right? Yes? How was that for your mental health?
Speaker 5: The being on the show was fine, Like, it wasn't necessarily like being on the show. I had some of my you know, I just saw Renna and Kyle and Erica and it was like no time had passed and we laughed and we enjoyed it and like we can talk about the good times because just like anything in life, you kind of like block out the bad times and remember the good It's like going back to that ex boyfriend after you know you shouldn't like it's still like you're like you forget the parts that weren't great. I didn't love being pregnant and filming because I didn't feel as engaged.
Speaker 3: I guess, of course, like I've I was.
Speaker 4: Somebody that drank on the show.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm a person that I don't I don't need to drink to live, but if I'm going to go out to a birthday party, I'm going to have a couple of drinks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like it loosens me up.
Speaker 5: So not being able to do that my last year and then having it be a really heavy season that was difficult.
Speaker 4: But I wouldn't say that was being on the show.
Speaker 2: Well, the only reason I ask is because it's actually been fine for both of us as far as I know. But I have seen people whose mental health was shaky completely spiral.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean also I think, yes, I think, well, I think the show has affected my mental health. If mental health means anxiety, I mean anxiety levels have definitely they've gotten higher. Doesn't mean I'm not you know, I'm okay to function and I'm still having fun. But anyway, I think also I'm interested in mental health when you were younger because I have had mental health issues since my twenties and they've certainly changed forms and I handle it way better now than I did when I was younger. Oh, here's camera, Hi, Tam.
Speaker 1: Hi Camra.
Speaker 2: We were talking about health, and we talked all about Teddy's skin cancer journey and we were just delving a little bit into mental health.
Speaker 3: But like, also how different it is because we're trying to We're try you know, you guys obviously you are producers of our show, so you know, we don't really do talk a lot about housewives, but we do talk a lot about women of a certain age. And you guys, your spread is Tam, how old. I mean I think you're younger than me.
Speaker 6: Maybe, Yeah, I think I'm older.
Speaker 3: I'm fifty six, I'm fifty five, same idea. Yeah, but what happens between, like, for instance, Jackie's age forty seven and fifty five and Teddy you're even younger. But as your me mental health, because mine has definitely changed. I handle my mental health issues way better now. But you know, as we're going through these different stages of our life, what is affecting you in terms of mental health?
Speaker 4: Well, I think people talk about mental health now.
Speaker 5: I when we were younger, it was something to be ashamed of, or that like that one crazy person over there had that, so you couldn't ever have that, you know, or it was these where now it's so spoken about. I think, even especially post COVID because all of our kids' mental health was starting to be affected from not being able to go to.
Speaker 4: School and all this, Like we are all more comfortable.
Speaker 5: Speaking about it now, So I think that really sheds so much more light on the discussion around mental health.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean, you you go on to CHAM but.
Speaker 6: I think for me, it's just getting older in experience and things I've gone through before. I had a really hard time just dealing with things, just dealing with anything. And now I've just learned that, you know, everything passes, Everything passes, So whatever I'm so stressed out over and I'm I'm just in my head. I'm like, okay, give it up to God, Like God take over. I'm going to be okay. I am always okay. It's going to be okay. And it's just a process of just talking yourself yourself through.
Speaker 2: My therapist always says to me, she's like Jackie, slowed down and let life unfold. And I always remind myself of that because I don't. I'm always anxious about what's coming next, if nothing's coming next, or how to make things happen, and like, I always have to remind myself to slow down a little.
Speaker 3: I mean I discovered prozac later in life, so that has certainly helped. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 5: Gonna say, Zoloft has really taken things to the better place for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I remember I went that route.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I went that route when I was younger.
Speaker 3: I was younger, i'd gotten off of it, and yeah, I've been.
Speaker 6: On it in years, but I've had children that I've had to put on many too for me too, anxiety and stuff inciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I'm a big fan. Not everyone agrees with that, but I'm a big fan of SSRIs, not necessarily like the ones what are they called, like the Xanax and the although at times when it's I've had bad anxiety, I use those two. But like SSRIs, I I always say to people that are hesitant, you're still you. You know, it doesn't change your personality. It doesn't change at least for me, it doesn't change my E.
Speaker 6: Well, I think it's different for everybody.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 6: I don't think everybody can. Like I had one child that gained twenty pounds and was staring at the wall.
Speaker 3: So fair, It's like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that one, maybe another one might have worked who We ended up leaning her off of it and just got her into working out, and she's gotten older.
Speaker 3: It's very better, right right, Well, talk to us a little bit tammer about health issues. I mean that's the topic today. It's kind of heavy.
Speaker 2: But you had your own melanomas, correct, Yeah, I had melanoma.
Speaker 6: I've had multiple skin cancers. I've had everyone you can think of. And then I was getting a miss during a filming and in Iceland, and this MASSU said you should check that little dot on your butt. I'm like, okay. And I was going to my normal dermatology appointments and she's as I was walking out the door is all done. I go, oh, you know what, can you look at this? And she goes, oh my god, why didn't you show me this before? And I go, I totally forgot. It had been months. She goes me, buy upstate, Buy upstate. It was stage one melanoma.
Speaker 3: Wow, it sucks. And we're talking to Teddy just about how that has affected you. I mean, I'm obviously I'm sure your heart sank when you heard that.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, it's a scary, scary, scary feeling because I was so used to having things burn off of me, cut off of me because I'm just I'm irish, I'm white and freckly, and all the damage I did to my skin in my twenties and thirties. You know, the tanning beds. I used to work for a tanning salong salon out of high school, so I would bake in those tanning beds, right, And now the dermatologist is like, this is what I'm seeing. You know, women in their forties and fifties that did this in the eighties and nineties now have multiple skin cancers.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And ps, my twenty one year old kids soon to be twenty two is still doing it and we fight about it. It doesn't matter. I mean, she's she doesn't give a shit, you know, she's.
Speaker 6: It needs to be out lawed.
Speaker 3: I know I can't. I mean, either Tanny beds or just she just bakes in the sun. And she always I say to her the first day, at least put on sunscreen. No, she has a Listen, she burns and she peels. I'm like, Rachel, you're gonna regret this, dude. She's not good, not God forbid skin cancer. But even just you know, esthetically.
Speaker 6: Just premature aging and rankling and all that that comes from from the sun. Like my daughter will not even go in the sun while she actually has like a little allergic reaction to the sun, so if she goes in she breaks out in a rash.
Speaker 5: But also it's the products our kids are using, like the fact that we have like ten year olds that want like drunk elephant with anti aging blah blah blah, like they go you can't even go to a Sephora on Saturday with like every like pro's purchase for them.
Speaker 1: My daughter's obsessed to thirteen. Oh it's bad for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because think about it.
Speaker 5: If you're using products on your on your skin that you don't need yet, you're creating your body to get used to something. I'm not a doctor, but like I've gone down the talk rabbit hole, right, like you're creating TikTok you.
Speaker 4: Know you're Yeah, I'm a TikTok doctor.
Speaker 5: So like I I have to tell Slate, like, no, I'm going to look through the back and see, like, what are the things inside of here that like are absolutely unnecessary for an eleven year old?
Speaker 3: Right? Can you imagine drunk elephant at eleven?
Speaker 1: I mean, my daughter's got more products than I have thirteen. They're all over the place.
Speaker 3: The kids are like in my way at support. It's annoying.
Speaker 6: Way, what is drunk elephants?
Speaker 3: It's like camera. I mean I love it.
Speaker 4: I have it on today. At least you see this glow.
Speaker 6: Face, right, Yeah, Okay, I'm gonna google it.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, it's I need it too.
Speaker 6: Can I get on Amazon?
Speaker 5: Well? The packaging is really enticing to children, especially, and they all do their like get ready with me, and they're you know, that's.
Speaker 4: Also the thing for mental health.
Speaker 5: Social media, Like I had to download this app called q Q Studio where I can track how long my kids are on each thing. So like I'm like, what are you doing at not like your phone supposed to be outside of your room. Why can I see that you were on Amazon or you were playing Roadblocks or Fortnite or whatever at ten thirty after.
Speaker 4: We said good night?
Speaker 5: You know, like we have to be aware because our parents weren't. I mean, we're not gonna be able to micromanage everything. I mean, heck like.
Speaker 3: We' I mean, yes, a for effort, but no, you can't. Have you had other health issues?
Speaker 1: Yeah, te had you struggled with intestinal obstruction.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, I still struggle with intestinal issues. I've had intestinal issues my entire life. They I had go on medication for a while. I mean when I was with Simon, I don't think my stress helped it, but I had severe irritable bow syndrome, so I could barely pick the kids up from school. I knew where every bathroom was from here to the mall, which the mall is only two miles from my house.
Speaker 1: So that means you always have to go to the bathroom where you never go away. I can.
Speaker 6: I would drink even to this day, like, I mean, this is disgusting, but I I pooped like probably seven times.
Speaker 1: I'm so jealous.
Speaker 3: I'm actually no, you're not jealous. I'm jealous.
Speaker 2: I'm not jealous of an illness of you know, yeah, direction.
Speaker 1: I'm on lindsay.
Speaker 6: I had abdominal surgery ten or eleven years ago. I had a strangulated hernia. So I had a hernia. I hate al hernia. There was beach my ribcage. I didn't know it, and my intestines had grown through the my stomach wall and were dying.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: I would get this really really bad pain. And it was going on for quite a few months, and then my stomach bloat really big. And then one day and I was going to see a doctor and they couldn't figure it out. I was having MRIs done at the hospital everything, and then one day I was sitting at home and it started and I said, okay, here it goes here it goes like, get the toms out. I'm doing everything, and this time it was beyond I called Terry de brow. I go, Terry, it's happening. He goes, get to the hospital now, so I called. I had to call nine one one. The hospital is literally two miles from my house Mission hospital, and by the I had to have like three shots of morphine by the time I got there.
Speaker 3: Wow, and wow they had.
Speaker 6: They did emergency surgery. They cut open my stomach vertically and they had to like dissect my intestines off my stomach.
Speaker 3: Wall wow wow.
Speaker 6: But while they were doing that, they found that part of my intestines were torn, and they think that that's what was causing me all the stomach problems. So it was kind of a blessing. And then then I was I mean, it was horrible recovery. Horrible recovery.
Speaker 2: Now I think we have to rap soon. But how are you doing today? Like health wise me?
Speaker 6: I mine, I have to keep on top of it. My intestines. I always have to get scoping done. My grandmother died of intestinal problems, so I mean it's really scary.
Speaker 3: Like ladies and gentlemen, welcome to aging. Yeah, not easy and not easy.
Speaker 6: I just yeah, So I was when I was doing Traders, I got severely sick and they put me on a very strong antibiotic to get me through it. Will it cause intestinal inflammation in my intestines. So by the time I got home from Traders, I was in the hospital for three days down my Yeah, I'm so. I always joke with my mom, I've had more health issues in my mom house.
Speaker 3: No one would know that we're watching you on I mean, I know, I think you shared some stuff on Housewives, But how do you guys feel in terms of like, I at least and again, I'm a horrible hypochondriac, so at any on any given day, death is knocking. But some times the only two part you too, totally too really well, the only good part of that is that when I go, because I do, I'm at the doctor every other day, and when I find out that I am okay, I feel like I have different perspective, like, oh wait a second. You know, whatever happened yesterday on social media is not quite as important, right, And I don't know, I mean, it doesn't always last. But this kind of stuff, I don't think. There's certainly nothing good about cancer, you know, or having intestinal problems or any kind of illness, but sometimes it does give you perspective. I mean, here about that a little. I mean, Tom, I don't know if you felt like if you kind of feel like that.
Speaker 6: I'm so petrified of cancer. I had a premio vos kan recently. Well it's been a year. I'm going back for a recheck, and they found like four spots on me. Two of them were one is a pre cancer a spot on my pancreas. Oh, come on, that's something you just don't want tok around with. And it's it's very very small. So I'm going back to get rechecked. And stupid me, I haven't even in a year, haven't been to the doctor to.
Speaker 3: Even Yeah, Tim, that's that is stupid. I can't take that away from you. That is just stupid. Total yep yep, teddy make But.
Speaker 6: They told they told me it was very very small. It was like point four million meters.
Speaker 4: But that's why I said, have you gone for your follow up?
Speaker 6: I'm going, yeah, next week, I'm going for a follow up.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean I think there's that.
Speaker 5: And I think also as women, we have so many hormonal issues that come and go, and like for me example, I remember being like put on birth control when I was like fifteen years you know, like it was like something you did. You like went to your first appointment, you got put on birth control, and then like I stayed on that forever and it wasn't probably the right one for me, or my body changed or like still the same things. It's just more when it comes to your health, no matter what it is, hormones, cancer, intestinal issue, you have to be an advocate for your own health because you bought.
Speaker 6: Like I can diagnose you Teddy right now, what you are a bundle of nerves and stress constantly. I am too, not as bad as you. You have high anxiety. When you have all that, it hurts you.
Speaker 3: We were talking about that earlier.
Speaker 1: We are just just thinking about that.
Speaker 5: But when people say that to you, it hurts you too, because.
Speaker 3: What am I going to do?
Speaker 6: But what did I tell you have to get your cancer diagnosed? I said, you have to find a way of processing shit. And then you know you now you are really into horses again, So I think that that's a good outlet. You don't you don't have time. I know for me because I'm a worrier that if I'm not busy, my mind is very destructive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 4: Please sense he kills my joy, Yes for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I know and you worry way more than I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think there's like a moral to the story. One of them today is that like, as scary as it is, especially I think as you're getting older, go to the frickin' doctor. Like like Teddy, you were saying that too, right, like get and I don't enjoy it. There's there's a day with a mammogram is like not a good day, and but you know, I do it. It's my friend. I had one of my best friends, Denise, died of ovarian cancer, and she would say to us all the time, like because she went for a year, she didn't feel well and it didn't get diagnosed, and they would say to her at one point they thought she should go on antidepressants and she was just so tired all the time. But she would let it go. But she said, like towards the end, especially, but she would tell us the people that she loved, you got to listen to your body.
Speaker 2: And Teddy, I love your idea of just taking two days and making all your appointments and just dedicating those two days to it.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 5: I mean I think that that And then also knowing, like for me, because I am such like a stressed person, like I will go, go, go, go go, But then I finally gotten too the place of my life where I also will give myself permission to crash, and like It'll be a random like Monday or something, and I'll be like, you know, I just always think that. Like I'll even have to say to Edwin, even though he wouldn't judge me, I have to be like, listen, I've been working NonStop and then I had the weekend horse show with the kids and blah blah, and I just I'm gonna sit here and watch like women who kill on blah blah blah and zone out.
Speaker 4: And he's like, you do you bo?
Speaker 5: You know, like, but sometimes you need that to just decpress.
Speaker 4: I mean, some people murder doesn't relax them, but it relaxes me.
Speaker 3: Well, you also have little kids. It's harder to take that time. I mean, I take that time every day I crash, you know, but little kids, it's like you're kind of screwed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I love this conversation.
Speaker 2: I think it was really like in lightning and I'm sorry for all you guys have gone through.
Speaker 1: But it looks like you come out the other side stronger.
Speaker 3: I have to say that, like, like the idea of people getting to know this, I don't know how much. I mean, I've watched, I've been a fan for years and years, but like how much people get to see you as people not just housewives? Know and like the struggles real.
Speaker 6: That's a good thing about our podcast that people do see us in a different light.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, just.
Speaker 6: Screaming, not just screaming lunatics on reality show.
Speaker 1: This to you guys for coming on. We love being a part of your team too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 5: We appreciate it really proud of you, guys, and we're excited to see where the rest of the season goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys look thrilled. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thank you guys for listening.
Speaker 3: We are two Jersey Jays. Thank you, Tammer and Teddy. What a pleasure, what an honor. Bye guys, Bye guys.
Speaker 6: Thank you guys.