Speaker 1: Earners. What's up.
Speaker 2: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus.
Speaker 3: On what matters most Ready.
Speaker 2: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding of professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member FDIC.
Speaker 4: Bestler's market share has dipped below fifty percent for the first time since the electric car vehicle sector game popularity. How do you view this shift in the market.
Speaker 1: I think it's over hyped.
Speaker 5: I've been critical of Elin all year, but it would be BYD getting hotter American companies focusing more on ev Everyone's going to come for your launch if you make something popular. I'm not really concerned yet because they are still like the pre eminent leader in terms of thought and market share here. Stock has them pretty well over the last couple of a couple of weeks. So I mean if it dropped to twenty five percent market share or twenty percent, I would then be concerned before to take a dip under.
Speaker 3: I'm not worried.
Speaker 1: I think it was a.
Speaker 6: Little bit of an overhyped headline.
Speaker 5: I still like it at if you need a re entry point to twenty three, you'll be fine. Once it dip below one forty four and some change a couple of months ago.
Speaker 6: That's another place that I like it to buy. But I think this is two overhyped.
Speaker 5: They made it seem like they went from seventy five percent to fifty in one week. I'm like, okay, yeah, b Wyd is heating up. My stance has been the same on Tesla. Hold it long term. Here's a noble thought. You can be pro a company and still criticized the founder and what they should do better to keep their lead, as I've done with Apple. So I think this is over hyped. They still have some corrections to make. I think they do need still need a lot more innovation, but I wouldn't worry about this right now.
Speaker 2: I think this is one of those those situations where you can read the headline and you can actually read the article. Yeah, if you read the headline, it was like, oh my gosh, that sounds like something that's drastic. If you read the article, then it makes more sense to you. In twenty twelve, Tesla had seventy five percent of the EV space. For the past ten years, it's had approximately fifty six percent of the EV space. It's finally going under fifty last year. Well, then you start to look at the tea leaves as to why we've talked about the production, right, we talked about the delays in production, and so they saw me decline while the EV space increased by eleven percent. And so if you decline and the entire space is increasing, you're obviously going to see pull a pullback.
Speaker 3: But I mean, they still have a large majority of the space.
Speaker 2: And it's interesting when I was looking at the number of sales, there's still so much space for evs to go. Only seven percent of all vehicles sold in twenty twenty three were EV's.
Speaker 3: We'll start seeing an increase every year. And I have an EV. I love it, even though you know the version that I have is not selling out. Well, but that's fine me.
Speaker 2: You know, becomes even more it's interesting because now when you look at tests, like even with those pullbacks in the market space, you can see that there's a shift. And so is it an EV company anymore? We've been saying no for so long, but what is it? So now it becomes ev slash robotics, right because there comes to robo taxi.
Speaker 3: I know there was some delays that they announced last week, but it.
Speaker 2: Becomes a slash now just from solely being in twenty twelve an ev co company. We all obviously you know the technology that Eon has brought forth to this world. But now it's like, h we're a slash company. We don't really just stay in one sector.
Speaker 4: No, it's definitely trouble for the company for sure. Which which part every part? So in business you're either going up or you're coming down.
Speaker 2: No, hold on, hold on, let me let me just take that there. Which part of you're saying, every part of the company in what sense?
Speaker 4: Get able to communicate my thoughts and you'll be able to actually understand.
Speaker 3: What I'm Yeah, I want to break I want to break down with it.
Speaker 1: Every you said, every every part of what you just said.
Speaker 4: So but let me just take one thing I talk So they went from seventy five to fifty eight to now that under fifty.
Speaker 1: That's trouble because, like I said.
Speaker 4: Either either you're gaining or you're or you're losing, and they're losing market share. For sure, that's not even the worst part of the issue. I just read a report a few days ago in the walltr Journal that like thirty forty percent of people that had evs are going back to GASCAR vehicles. So now you gotta start you talking about we talked about the AI bubble. Is it an EV bubble?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Like, oh, Saudi Arabia is still printing money, Like it's not like we got to reevaluate the conversation on evs to see if this was overly I've.
Speaker 2: Been saying, is it overly hyped? If it's only seven percent, this is not even a bubble.
Speaker 4: But a lot of it was done off of expectation. Like the pricing was not based off of what it's currently at. It was based off of the expectation of what it's going to be in the future for Tesla.
Speaker 2: But here's the in general, But here's the contrary to what you're saying. In twenty twelve, how many car companies had.
Speaker 1: EV models, Toyota, Nissan, you can.
Speaker 3: Count them, right, Yeah, it's money or how many companies have EV models.
Speaker 2: And so of course you're gonna lose market share because more people are coming into the space. And so where you were the only person, you were the only date at the brom Now you've got a bunch of beautiful women that are well or man coming into the space, and they have vehicles that are comparable to yours, and they're more cost efficient than yours. And so yeah, you're gonna lose market share when you're not the only person that people can.
Speaker 1: Buy it from.
Speaker 4: My whole point, literally, that's my whole Yeah, I'm not my whole point. You just articulated my whole entire point. But what I'm saying is that as Ian always says your goal is to have a monopoly.
Speaker 1: Right ye Apple, Apple has one.
Speaker 4: Competitor, maybe two if you if you count you know, China, but they have at the most they have two competitors. There's not ten companies that Apple has to fight with for market share. The NBA has no competitor, like they just I just read a report where they say in the NBA is about this. The contract is so crazy that in four years people are gonna start having ninety four million.
Speaker 1: Dollars a year year contracts contracts.
Speaker 4: Right, it's a monopoly on the sport, like the best companies in the world to have monopoly. So what I'm saying is that I'm not saying that Tesla is gonna die, right, it's still a viable company, but their days of being on top are numbered. And what space in the EV space? That's what I said that the slash now it's robotic. Now the next My next point was going to be the robotics, and I think that's overrated. ELI has a way of hyping things that I'm hoping people is really gonna have robots running around, Like, I think that that's overrated. I think that that there's a lot of speculation and overhype and it's sensational lot, and there's still a lot of question marks in regards to what is even their robotic plan. Robot taxis are not happening anytime soon. The government is not going to allow that to happen anytime soon. So we're talking about at least probably a twenty year in the window like for this even to come into truition. I just feel like he's a great entrepreneur, but I feel like he's a great salesman even more so than the entrepreneur.
Speaker 1: And he has a great way of saying things that I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not overly enthusiastic about, you know, a robot. That's if that's the business model as far as the robots, I think that they have all.
Speaker 2: Right, So then tell me the company, because this is fair, right to tell me the company that's not based off speculation evaluation. Right, you could say, like in video selling all these ships, but what if that doesn't improve the business model for all the people that they're selling for that's needed what I'm saying, or it may not be needed. We don't know, right, like people we don't know and the companies that are spending the money right they're basing on.
Speaker 5: Even with in video, Right, that's a tech monopoly too, if we're gonna be very honest, the reason in video has grown so much that they have super big, well clients that nobody else can access at a premium price point, Like when you're selling that two billion a clip, it's really hard for the profitability not to be there. I think both points can be true. The one thing that's not being for and ELI will hype some shit up. Of course, the one thing I don't think that anyone's really paying attention to over the weekend. Now he openly endorsed Trump after the sympathy vote.
Speaker 3: What was that? And now he what was the time that he endorsed it?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: Did you look at that? I didn't ten minutes after?
Speaker 6: Well played?
Speaker 1: Crazy, well played?
Speaker 5: And now so maybe some of the issues that he had with the White House and not being able to have Tesla do a deal with the government, maybe if Trump gets in office, he can get it done now and it can bump the market share back up.
Speaker 1: But from a.
Speaker 5: Business perspective, I do agree either you're grown or dying. So if my market is shared with from seventy five percent to forty eight, I will be worried. The autonomous taxi robo i robot thing great idea. I loved it in the movie with Will Smith too. Don't see it happening yet. I do think if he takes Starlink and combines it in Tesla, I think he needs to make all those companies.
Speaker 6: In the one then he'll have a like a mega power.
Speaker 5: It's hard to focus on running four or five companies and having twelve kids at the same dam time.
Speaker 2: And then creating it. You're trying to create his own a at the same time. So are you? You're still a long time to test so you're not.
Speaker 6: I am, But my thing is like I can.
Speaker 5: I think you can be long a company and as a shareholder say hey, I don't want you doing keademene in the office and I want you to focus.
Speaker 1: This is what I want you all to say. Thank you my views reflectively.
Speaker 6: Look, I'm gonna call my boyfriend at the Little Factory one day.
Speaker 2: We need video footage. Are you Are you long Tesla? You're not in Testla at all?
Speaker 4: If you have to invest, I just I feel like it's better company to invest in. I think test is gonna make money, true, but I don't think that it's a top ten draft pick. If you if you want to do it like a lottery pick, is it Tesla a lottery pick right now?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm No, Top twelve.
Speaker 1: I mean soft in video open AI just.
Speaker 3: Twelve picks and a lottery coming. It might be late. It might be late lottery.
Speaker 5: I do a high my personal love life, like once I get out the top ten I don't.
Speaker 1: You don't even matter.
Speaker 6: That's next season then in the backups?
Speaker 1: Cool, so you long test.
Speaker 3: I'm staying.
Speaker 5: But Tesla Kawhi not focused as it should be. Too much party in Costa Rica. When Kawhi got off the bus.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, he ain't playing. Got shout out to But you didn't.
Speaker 3: You said you didn't give a definite answer.
Speaker 6: What's the what's the question downhill with you shot?
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 3: My long test work?
Speaker 4: When you say long Tesla, I'm invested in Walter. I think that is going to go up on the course.
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 3: Are you going to would you invest in a Longter?
Speaker 1: No? That doesn't mean that it's not going to go up, though, I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying would you invest.
Speaker 6: I think that is Tesla a top five company right now?
Speaker 3: No, it's not top five not no, no, no, I didn't say top five. But lottery. That's different. I think it's lottery. I say lottery.
Speaker 1: I mean every Okay, is it better Netflix? Nope? Is it? Is it better than Google? A? It? Is it better than Meta? No?
Speaker 4: Of course these are all lottery, Apple, Microsoft, We're those.
Speaker 3: Those A.
Speaker 1: M B T S T S M.
Speaker 4: I said late lottery crowd CrowdStrike, Yes, black Rock Vanguard.
Speaker 5: Come on, stop style style top to that work.
Speaker 4: But why would you say it's better than CrowdStrike though, because CrowdStrike actually solves a problem.
Speaker 2: Crowdshrike has a tremendous competition inside the space, tremendous.
Speaker 1: It also solves a problem though, I know, but.
Speaker 2: It has you talked. There's about fifteen companies inside the space. They're the leader now, but they have a tremendous competition.
Speaker 1: If ELI musseting to see still and.
Speaker 2: The diversifying it, huh, the diversifying where they're putting the money.
Speaker 1: I've been long the stock I'm gonna be real de robo taxi.
Speaker 3: Id ist lottery.
Speaker 2: Like lottery I got and I've companies full disclaiming I'm and th companies that you just said, I'm in crowds tracking you already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not come close.
Speaker 1: That in Google.
Speaker 6: Why don't we just make it were deep in the rabbit hole, tell us some maybe twenty.
Speaker 1: Is twenty late. First round. Ronnie James, Ronnie Ronnie James VI.
Speaker 2: Y'all wow, yeah wow, And no disrespector Brownie, no disrector brownie, but y'all woll Season.
Speaker 5: Two, they got on me for screaming on a mic if I was on ketamine. When the show is like, what would have happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Once, no, no, no, this comes from inside the company. This ain't no ship. I made up.
Speaker 6: This.
Speaker 3: This proof of this. We need to see this.
Speaker 1: I need to see videos play all right.
Speaker 2: By market cap, let's just I'm looking at the mark cap. It's number eleven in market cap right now. Yeah, I'm just saying. I'm just telling you where it's at. It's number so and in terms of market cap, obviously you take out if we're talking about American companies, you take Saudi Aramico out of there.
Speaker 1: The market cap is not the only thing.
Speaker 6: I'm just a Saudi royal family invested in Tessslano.
Speaker 3: That I don't have any information on that yet.
Speaker 1: Assignment. Do you want to know what's going to last? I'm go see what they invested in.
Speaker 7: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally your new you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.