Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Conveno and Rich podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Convenio Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: It's like searching FSR.
Speaker 2: It's go time, it's showtime, it's seeing our time. Let's go super fun time.
Speaker 1: Cuz.
Speaker 2: Thursday is the new Friday week sixteen of the NFL, plus Fight Weekend Holiday Party Weekend.
Speaker 1: I'm pump dude, I'm pumped man.
Speaker 2: Just don't be the drunkest person at the holiday party. Only woolf dude.
Speaker 1: This is yeah, babe, such a great weekend. You know me.
Speaker 2: I love a nice heiney. I love me the holidays, and I love me a fight weekend. And it starts off with two eleven and three teams tonight. That's a battle in itself.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. Wait can they both lose as a Niners? Thank in this?
Speaker 2: Hawks and Rams both pick up it out? I know you want that, but it's not happening. But let's rock out CNR on FSR Live in the Fox Sports Radio studios. Remember we're streaming live at Covino and Rich FSSR on YouTube, Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. And I'll say this, people make note. People get ready speaking of the fight right after this show in two hours, we're gonna break it down on over promised our Bonus Pod episode one two with Fight Expert two Tone to superstar.
Speaker 1: Love that guy. Yeah he's great.
Speaker 2: He's a social media superstar, but he's also a big fight guy. We'll talk about all the fights coming up, especially Jake Paul aj right after this show right here on our YouTube page. Follow for free, send it to a friend. Covino and Rich FSSR. But before we get into it, Rich gotta talk Kayla Williams Old School win fifty hits. We're throwing it back on a Thursday. Spaghetti in a bag? What's that about? Food, entertainment and more?
Speaker 1: Am I the weird guy?
Speaker 2: Am I the weird guy for still wiping down the concept all on the counter. I'm not gonna lie to people talk about me. Behind my back is a big germ of phone. You both have wipes in your hand, Like, honestly, is it twenty twe you wipe down your grocery.
Speaker 1: Still me too, No, no, I don't do that.
Speaker 3: And Aaron Torres, who just hosted in the Dugout Show, he also wiped everything down.
Speaker 1: There's nothing wrong with that, you know what. I think you're weird if you don't well on the.
Speaker 3: Airplay licked taxi cab floors. Yeriously weird?
Speaker 1: Do not learn a lesson five years ago, six years ago? Nope, you have. You have young kid immunity. That's what you have.
Speaker 3: Young children, and they've always got their fingers, you know, poking them in your eye.
Speaker 4: I have.
Speaker 2: I haven't been a what's my whole life mentality? Oh he thinks he's better than us. Play baseball. You play softball, you lick your hands. Then you touch a bat that everyone else touched. You know, you're playing in the mud and the dirt. As a kid, I was never I'll be honest, I was never a clean kid. I was just clean, But I was never like that's why they call you doodo, cockoff finger David.
Speaker 1: I was just never the kid that was like, let me wipe down, let me wash my hands.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, you've gotta wash your hands. I was never a clean kid. I was never thirty asked Davis. They called them, did you leave the stall without washing your hands?
Speaker 1: Rich? One of those guys smile Will he is that guy. I will never leave a stall.
Speaker 2: But there are times where I'm at my house and I'll take a number one and I'm thinking, like, my junk's clean, what do I need to wash my hands for?
Speaker 1: See what I mean? Don't shake his hand.
Speaker 5: And if you saw what LeVar Arrington did with that microphone every morning, Rich, you'd have a wipe.
Speaker 2: In your hand exactly. I know he puts his feet on it. But you know what, that's why I got immunity. Dude, What do you take every day? I take Vitamin D. I take my NA D plus because I'm aging in reverse now and nads you take NADS.
Speaker 1: I uh?
Speaker 2: And I take my Men's daily vitamin. And you know what, I got little kids that are boogers exactly. I just think you guys, you've got built in protection. You guys are gonna you know, you guys are weak ass immunity in the workplaces every.
Speaker 1: Lace, especially a radio studio.
Speaker 2: But happy to be here and let's get into it, man, a big game tonight. You probably still think happy Birthday when you wash your hands like it's COVID times I do, and radio stations especially are germ infested.
Speaker 1: Dirt, deposits of grime. So Caleb Williams, can.
Speaker 2: We talk about it's talking about Kleb Williams. And in fact, as we say that, so many people talking about this big game on Sunday, Bears looking for revenge, looking for revenge. They're playing at home in Chicago before they moved to Indiana, right playing at Soldier Field. They're slight dogs, which is wild, and Ben Johnson said his team is ready. They are pumped up at their shot at the Packers. And in fact, there's people that think the loser of this game, the loser of this game could could see their way out of the playoffs. I don't think that. I think they both make it. I think Detroit's the odd man out. But we'll see. That's a big one. But speaking of the Mayor's Caleb william they've never had a good quarterback. VI think about it, they've never had a good quarterback.
Speaker 3: Well, oh, you could say Jay Cutler was good, goods adequate. You could say Rex Grossman at times was really good and then at times was really bad. But they haven't had a Super Bowl level quarterback since Jim McMahon years ago. But he wasn't even Yeah, he wasn't like he was cool though. Yeah, no, he was along for the ride and did his part.
Speaker 2: But man, it was like Joe Nama on steroids, meaning like yes, col Yeah, he presented cool. He was cool as can me, got a mullet and shades on head bands.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Mahon probably slept with the have your moms.
Speaker 2: He was so eighties cool for sure, But he wasn't really good, so did he? He didn't lead the team to their defense when they lost that Super Bowl in the rain to the cult was at six?
Speaker 1: Who is the quarterback of that? Gross?
Speaker 2: Girls, come on that you knew the was gonna happen in that game? Peyton Manning? Right, So Caleb Williams is the best thing that's happened to Chicago, absolutely, and we're seeing the progression. We're seeing him do better and better all the time. He's consistently gotten better. So let's start with some problems. Dare I say the best thing to happen to Chicago since Michael Jordan? Think of Chicago sports, the twenty sixteen Cubs, the twenty Cubs Cup. Black Hawks won a couple Stanley Cubs, but no one cares about the Blackhawks. I'm talking like face of Chicago. Since Michael Jordan a proman, that's a good one. He was the sausage King Sebastian Man of scalcoas from Chicago, chicagag.
Speaker 6: But you're a proman, the sausage king of Chicago.
Speaker 2: Who is the sausage king of Chicago's department was pretty big? But the twenty sixteen Cubs, that was a that was a you know, a Rizzo. You know, you had a bunch of stars on that team, Heywood, you had Chris Bryant like you had, you know, a squad of great players, but no one was like the face of that team. So I'm saying that Caleb Williams could very well be the best thing that happened to Chicago sports since Michael Jordan.
Speaker 1: That's the question in itself.
Speaker 2: And I saved that free. And I said that because I'm disappointed in Caleb Williams. Well, the story is, and Danny g will elaborate, but Joe Buck has been outspoken saying that Caleb Williams snubbed Monday Night Football not once, but twice. Not on the pre yeah, another one, the pre show meeting, the pre meeting for.
Speaker 1: Monday Night Football.
Speaker 2: Caleb Williams was like, nah, but it goes back with the beef that he had.
Speaker 1: With Troy Aikman.
Speaker 2: Aikman apparently very very critical of Caleb Williams, so he probably kept that in his back pocket. He kept the receipts and when he were like, yeah, we need you to come out for these pregame meetings, he was a no show, so therefore snubbed them again, not once, but twice. I always keep the receipts because you ever see Judge Judy, what does she always want?
Speaker 1: Let's see them re Saints, show me the receipts. Oh are you?
Speaker 2: I even keep my CVS receipt that's like, that's eight feet long because Judge, in my head, yeah, should say.
Speaker 3: There's deals on those receipts, but you're not going to go back to CVS two days later to use him.
Speaker 2: No. I keep them just to add to my girlfriend's collection, you know, all the ones that she leaves on the counter. Oh s, fifty percent of Vidal Sassoon if I buy it in the next forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I was just here, dude, I'm not coming back. What is it with women? I hate to be sexist. I've been sexist two days in a row, you know, with.
Speaker 2: Women in their water bottles everywhere, receipts everywhere, and boxes they building a clubhouse.
Speaker 1: What is going on?
Speaker 2: So I keep the receipts too rich because I get yelled at if I throw them away. And apparently Kayleb Williams kept his too. No, he doesn't like the criticism. But he doesn't like it. But do you feel it's his obligation as the face of the franchise? You You've said it yourself just now. He's the best thing since the Michael Jordan's sliced bread in Chicago. If he is, shouldn't it be? I can't see mandatory, but understood that it's part of the gig to be there. Regardless of your personal feelings of Troy Aikman. I mean, Caleb Williams I find to be a likable guy. Some might disagree. I think he's very I think he's cool. I think again, this is the question, dude. I just said he's the best thing to happen in Chicago since Michael Jordan. I think that shows you. That shows you how I feel about what Kayleb Williams is capable of. But here's where I where I go a little haywire and say like, Yo, you're disappointing me, kiddo. And I say kidd because he's like half my age, he's like twenty. We gotta remember these guys are like twenty years old. Caleb Williams much the same way I criticized Justin Herbert a week ago. You got to remember I'm consistent here. I was so disappointed in how Justin Herbert handled his postgame interview, and some people said I was a whiny bitch, and I'm like, no, the media is there, and the networks are there, and all these people are there because they perpetuate and support your product. So I did not like how Justin Herbert handled his post game where he's like, yeah, I don't want to talk to you the same It was a bad luck. I'm mad at us for calling what we see pan him for doing.
Speaker 1: I have a rule.
Speaker 2: Anytime someone does something, it's the convenian ritual. I'm sure we're not the only ones to do this, but I say to myself, well, would I do that. And the equivalent in my world would be if.
Speaker 1: You said did I do that? I thought, did I do that? Ganny Cheese? I think, to my sy did I do that? I know what? Did I do that?
Speaker 2: What comes with being a broadcaster is being not just a host on the air. It's being friendly with sales, being a great team player here at the company.
Speaker 1: There's layers to what we do.
Speaker 2: It's not just the on air product and what's the most important part and whatever. Whatever you do for a living, you don't have to be a radio host to agree that your job isn't one dimensional. That would be like if I did the greatest show in the world, but I was like, you know what, I don't want to do. I don't want to do a tire rack. Read you know, a tire rack. Great people that support our show, that's part of the game. If Caleb Williams doesn't want to sit down to do a Monday night football and are part of the business, right, it's part of the business. It's just what you have to do. Saying young and old athletes, especially if you're the face he owes it to him and if anyone disagrees with me, they're out of their mind, and I want to come in the studio and to make me on him. I want to hear from you at eight, seven, seven, nine nine on Fox because I think if you, oh so, what's stormy right now? Oh my, you know what you requested. And here he is, Mike, Mike runs place, never of him, Big Micael runs his place.
Speaker 7: Never.
Speaker 1: I am tired of never heard ridiculousness.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: So I believe they owe it to the fans, the media of the team's everything.
Speaker 1: They don't owe you a damn thing. Wow. They're not on the radio. They're not getting paid to talk to you.
Speaker 8: Now. They may get paid obligations, sure, but they don't have to do anything for you.
Speaker 1: That's not their job.
Speaker 8: They got drafted because they can play football, not because they can talk to the media.
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard Colin Cowherd say quarterback face because it needs to be more than just a guy that could sling the ball. You gotta be a face of the franchise.
Speaker 1: You gotta have something to say about that. Mike.
Speaker 2: Actually, I see your point, obviously, right, it's a great point. All that matters is what he's doing on the field. But what kind of leader are you? What kind of leader could you be If you can't even conduct yourself in a professional way like that, Well that's on your can you really command the locker room and respect from So you're a.
Speaker 8: General manager, you're and you're watching a guy on the field play quarterback, and you're thinking to yourself, you know what, he.
Speaker 1: Didn't look good in front of the camera. I'm not drafting that guy. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 1: I would be on my checklist in the camera right now?
Speaker 8: Look at Okay, I'm not saying you don't consider that as part of you know, his job, but he doesn't need to be that guy, and you can work around it if he's not that guy. Because you got to know that there are people out there that don't feel comfortable in these interview situations. Well you talk about Marshaw Lynch who didn't want to he was at the super Bowl. He didn't feel comfortable in front of him. Not everyone is built for the camera. Not everyone has that type of personality. But what does he expect Troy Aikman to do? Not do his job? He wants here when to kiss his ass? Right, Troy Aikman's doing his job? So what now he doesn't happen. He doesn't have to be Troy doesn't have to call him out because he doesn't want to do an interview with Troy.
Speaker 2: But don't we have a rule like he can't be a sports baby, right, He's a football player.
Speaker 1: He can't take a little criticism.
Speaker 2: So just because Troy Aikman criticized his game, he's gonna say, no, now I'm not going to talk to Monday Night Football into the broadcast.
Speaker 1: Do we know? Is that?
Speaker 2: Is that why he decided not to talk Jo? This is according to Joe Buck. Okay, you'll believe Joe Buck all of a sudden, and again, what's he making?
Speaker 1: Look?
Speaker 2: Kayleb Williams, number one draft pick Chicago Bears, signed a four year, fully guaranteed contract with thirty nine point five million with a twenty five point five million signing bonus, averaging nine point nine million annually. He can't take a few minutes to talk to Troy Aigman. Suck it up a little bit. Let me tell you again, for the fan or the leadership, for the look of it, A big fan of Caleb Williams. Like I said, I mean, I wouldn't say the best things happened to Chicago since Michael Jordan. If I didn't think that, I agree, agree, I just think you got to talk to the media. You have to present yourself in these ways. If I was a general manager, which you know, I could imagine someone one day calling me, be like, Rich the right guy. If I were a general manager, like a general store manager, general store.
Speaker 1: Manager, I'll take it. I would think part of it. Part of it would be.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, listen, do you know how you see a coach and a GM will be like, all right, run me through these schemes, and they have the you know, the dry race bard. I'd be like, all right, we just want a game in overtime. I'm Susane Colber, I'm I'm hand a storm or someone. I'd grab a fake. Mike could be like, hey, go ahead, you're on, okay. I don't want to see how you react. I want to see how why that.
Speaker 8: Is why you are not being asked to be a general manager of a football team.
Speaker 1: Mike. When do you think something like that that matters? It does? It matters in a tiny, itty bitty, itty bitty little bit. That's something that you can easily overlook.
Speaker 8: If you've got a guy who knows how to sling the football.
Speaker 1: And lead a team. Mike, you know what I used to do when I was a single guy. A lot of things. I'm not sure I want you want to hear about this. That's a single guy.
Speaker 2: I used to take women to a comedy club, and part of my test was when the comedian would tell really dirty jokes. I would look at her reaction because I'd be like, if she's if she's like ewing when the guy is saying raunchy stuff.
Speaker 1: Actually not for me.
Speaker 2: If I'm a GM and a coach and I'm trying to find the face of my franchise, quarterback face, someone to lead this team, I want to know how they react in a good or bad situation when a mic is thrown.
Speaker 8: In their face.
Speaker 2: Is it the most important thing? The most important thing. I'm not taking part of the gig. I'm not taking guy Smiley, who has a QBR rating of zero. I'm saying, but I think Caleb Williamson is in a position to be the face of a city for the next decade. I'm just saying, fine tune these things, Caleb, fine tune them.
Speaker 8: What if he doesn't want to be the face of a team for the next decade and he just wants to win football games.
Speaker 1: How about that? Why can't that be enough?
Speaker 2: You know, I'm glad you're saying because every time we talk about stuff like this Allah justin Herbert a few weeks ago or last week, we always get the same pushback from listeners that you're giving us right now.
Speaker 1: So I'm glad you're speaking your side here.
Speaker 8: Not everybody is comfortable in front of a microphone, like, but you guys are you guys?
Speaker 1: Love it?
Speaker 2: One last point I want to make because I do hear what Mike is saying, right, but I want to go to the phones too. At eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox Rich you said, Kayleb Williams is twenty He's actually twenty four, right, But these younger dudes came up so comfortable in front of the camera.
Speaker 1: You kidding me? They're doing little dance moves.
Speaker 2: They grew up with this, Kayleb Williams grew up probably doing was that the floss on TikTok?
Speaker 1: You can't music?
Speaker 2: Can't you score a touchdown? Yeah it's today, Harlem shake, Yeah, you can't today? Are way way primed and ready for this. You can't gritty into the end zone and then.
Speaker 1: Be like, oh, oh I can't talk. I'm dead serious.
Speaker 2: So I'm not buying that because they're more comfortable than ever before in front of the camera.
Speaker 5: A couple of things to point out about this story. It's no, it's the well some of it. The PR director is who Caleb Williams is blaming Chicago's PR director because these were both zoom meetings where the guy sat there and Caleb didn't show up. But it was Williams who made this public, not Aikman. All Right, So this SI article says, since it was Williams who made this public and put the blame on Aikman for the two not having their pregame production meeting, Buck was left miffed. That's the part that bothered me the most, said Buck. It was like, whoaha, whoa, this was on your guys' schedule and we sat there and we had it happened twice in the first six weeks.
Speaker 1: You know what, I think it would be a cool move.
Speaker 2: Remember how we just saw recently Jaden Daniels missed a high five with the owner of the Texans and they made a viral video out of it. Yeah, and it was like, oh wow, it really humanized the owner and made you be like, man, Jaden Daniels, did I say and Daniels, c J stretd my bid. C J Stroud made him look way cooler, humanized him. The owner of the Texans, you know, took you know, took the ribbing of oh I got this with the high five. If Troy Aikman and Cable Williams, in a world of social media video just do a trending video, or if they made a funny video together, we'd all be like, Yo, Aikman's funnier than we thought it would be, Like Caleb, they could turn and turn this into something cool. That would be We live in a world now where you're one social media funny video away from changing the narrative on something I really I do agree with Rich, which is which is rare, Like you can't be a one dimensional quarterback in today's world, the one dimensional anything, you know, even in radio. We have to do stuff for social media that wasn't part of the gig originally. So I know there's the argument of yeah, man, I'm just here to play football. I never signed up for anything else, so I'm a good football player. Hey, I never signed up to be on the camera. I never signed up to do extra social media content. After that just became the progression of what we do. I came here to rock the mic on the daily, and you know, I think this is something that a lot of young players in professional sports in today's world, in today's landscape of promotion, have to get used to.
Speaker 1: It's just part of the game, part of the case.
Speaker 8: Fine, when you guys get to be GMS of your football team, you can make sure that your players are well versed in the media and don't worry about how well.
Speaker 1: They play there.
Speaker 2: Born that way, I don't care if you run a pizzeria. You have to have a social media presence, right. You have to find someone that works there that's going to promote your product.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you something disappointing. That's Caleb Williams's job is to promote the Bears product. Yes, to make them likable as the face of a franchise. Yeah, I think so. As part of it, I think it's his job to win football games. Period. It's just like a period.
Speaker 2: Our job is to host an entertaining show. That's the that's our primary job. But there's other things involved.
Speaker 1: No, that's not true.
Speaker 8: It's your you're it's it's not the same. It's apples to oranges. Because you, guys, if you want to keep your jobs, you have to keep the advertisers happy. You have to keep the people interested. That's why you have to do all of these extra media things that you didn't sign up for in the beginning. But you're okay, you're gonna pivot, You're gonna do it. That's not what Caleb Williams is doing. Caleb Williams signed up to play football. You didn't signed up to to be the face of the Bears or to you know, be the ones who's in charge of making sure that everybody's happy with with him on a camera.
Speaker 1: That's ridiculous. I know you're the number one overall pick, though, that's a pretty big deal. There's a lot of there's a lot of we got a great power.
Speaker 3: I also support Mike's point though, like Bill Belichick is living proof that you can be hard with the media, you can be kind of introverted, and you can still be championship level and win super Bowls. But Caleb Williams, I agree, he has to. Like he doesn't strike me as an introverted guy comedy up there.
Speaker 1: You know, no one's expecting him.
Speaker 3: Be danger field, but he is the number one overall pick two years ago, and he's a Heisman Trophy winner.
Speaker 1: And a generational type of thing. He does have to have some media gravitas.
Speaker 2: And I think a young person there's no excuse for a young person to not feel comfortable.
Speaker 1: Can I give you football? Can I give you the lamest analogy ever? This isn't nineteen sixty anymore. I mean I'm great.
Speaker 2: I'm great at Limbon analogy, So give me ten seconds. I got the mall with my wife.
Speaker 1: And this is the true story.
Speaker 2: Because we're on camera now talking about pivots, right mm hmm, we have to actually truth be told, put a little powder on our head so we're not shiny for the camera.
Speaker 1: True story.
Speaker 2: So I had to go ball with my wife and be like, Babe, help me. I need like some type of powder or something for my head. Right, So I'm not shining now, I don't be shining. I go to Sephora. There's the sassiest, most charismatic gay dude that helps me out, and I'm like, this guy's charisma plus this the greatest experience.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, my guy, what was his name? Domo was his name? Scandal? Scandal?
Speaker 2: This guy was the most helpful, sassy like sugar. Other guys should be on like a reality show. This guy was over the top, sass like sparkles are coming some shooting out of him.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a wonderful experience here, And I go, this is thank you so much for helping me. I'm gonna go on Fox Sports Radio and now I won't have a shiny head because of you. Thank you. I go, what's your social media? He goes, yeah, I don't really do that. And I go, yeah, in today's world, I was like, you're young, you must have bodies hidden something. You're a young dude that you clearly knows his makeup game.
Speaker 2: If you don't have a social media footprint and you're not giving that extra layer in today's world, especially as a young person, that's odd, my wife said. My hinted the night camera time, that's odd for a young leader of a franchise. Well, you know your thoughts and feedback. When we get the computer up, we'll read the feedback. And by the way, I want to wish you happy birthday.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, I'm sorry. No, it's stone cold sixty first birthday, not stone Old World.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're stone old Mike Man. I'm just taking it.
Speaker 2: Hey, Mike, I'm glad you came today. I'm glad you spoke that side, because every time we bring it up, I get it. Even if you're a Bears fan, all you expect and all you want is for him to deliver on the field. That is the most important. I agree with you there, but there is an extra layer. It's almost everybody's job and as to get in front of the camera to promote and just to answer the questions.
Speaker 1: That's all. I don't expect you to be uh Tony Robbins out there delivering a ted talk.
Speaker 2: By the way I think moving forward, I want you to bust it anytime you add it, anytime you adamantly disagreement.
Speaker 1: Do something at rich next time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thanks, all right, we don't need that many interruptions during right.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's like, hey, listen, we'll talk about kitleb Wolves. We're going to talk a lot about these great matchups for NFL Week sixteen, starting tonight, Rams and Seahawks. Let's break down that game A little bit plus Old School in fifty hits and twenty five minutes. The Old School with the Cavino, one of the studliest dudes of our childhood that every woman wanted, celebrates a birthday today and it's not stone cold Steve Boston.
Speaker 1: We got more Cavino wretch. Next here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Quick Time Out, Rich and Mike Hotty Upbrade check. Are you're still watching the games on an old small TV? You know there's a reason we're going to riches for the fight tomorrow because he's got the TCL. If not, you're only seen about half the game, half the fight, Your TV should not tap out in the red zone TCL.
Speaker 1: They got the QM eight k QD Mini Led. That's the real MVP.
Speaker 2: We're talking ultimate bright, this ultimate black levels, the ultimate experience. You could taste the turf. And it's not just football. Guys, you're watching holiday movies. You're watching The Beast in Me on Netflix. Our favorite shot that was good. All looks better on that TCL. Here's the play Holiday savings off select TCL TVs go Premium with the QM eight K, Brilliant picture, Huge sound, the Ultimate choice or grab the versatile QM six k for an elevated game.
Speaker 1: The experience, just don't overthink it.
Speaker 2: The ultimate experience awaits with TCL bragging rights, get a wall supplies last TCL the official TV partner of the NFL. Find the TCL TVs at all the major retailers TCL Bigger, brighter, better holidays, select models, limited time, see all major retailers for details.
Speaker 1: I'm here so I won't ge it.
Speaker 4: Fine.
Speaker 2: Happy Holidays from CNR on FSR. Mery Christmas to you.
Speaker 1: Happy chinooka Christmas, filthy animal.
Speaker 2: Happy Honica to our Jewish friends. Live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Sesame Street helped raise all of us. Now it's our turn. Donate this holiday season at sesame dot org because the world needs Sesame and Sesame needs you. Remember the Sesame Street Christmas Special when you were a kid, Big birds, ice skating to uh police Dog. Don't remember that, getting each other weird Christmas to Rogers Guy. But still, Sesame dot org donate, do the right thing. Honestly, I have an eight year old and a five year old, and you know they're beyond that now. But Sesame Street big in my family, and I'm sure a lot of people's families. I mean, no doubt, bro, can you tell me how to get there sunny day?
Speaker 1: Wait, your kids at that age are already past sesame street. There's watching more interesting things YouTube videos. They go through phases, men, Yeah, kids, be honest.
Speaker 2: Blue he's almost in the rear view. Yeah, a big move quick. So anyway live me at that life.
Speaker 1: You know, tell me about that. And I didn't believe.
Speaker 2: He goes, Dude, your kids will be on that and then six months later they're too old for like I bet you Danny G's beautiful son.
Speaker 1: Co is like starting blue ing now right. Oh he's moved on to the Pranos. Co is watching the Beast in Me in Netflix.
Speaker 2: All right, So thank you guys for watching Nice and Rich FSR Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube, getting all your feedback now eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox in sixteen minutes, we throw it back old school and fifty hits. Let's just say we celebrate a movie icon's birthday, So stick around for that. But Rich, I had an epfany. I was just in the bathroom and I had an epfany. I'll tell you I have my best thoughts in the bathroom. I'm thinking about doing a podcast from the bathroom here because you know, everything Mike said was valid. Good point, Caleb Williams. His only responsibility is to call it, call it upper decker. Yeah, his soul responsible one is to win and play great football.
Speaker 1: I get it. But there's more layers to the job. Everyone's job in today's world.
Speaker 2: Now we bring it up because he's snubbed Monday Night Football's interview pre show meeting twice. This is according to Joe Buck And I know they had a little beef with Achman. Criticize him and them all that, but think about what happens when he doesn't do the interview. As the leader of the team. He leaves that pressure onto other players. That's not a good look.
Speaker 1: That's not good.
Speaker 2: Imagine if Anthony Volpi and I'm using a Yankee who got a lot of criticism this year.
Speaker 1: The Volpedo. Imagine if he was like, you know what, I don't feel like doing interviews today.
Speaker 2: Granted, look, if you do have a bad day, maybe you don't hear and there, but imagine all the times that he was interviewed. If he didn't do it, he's putting that pressure on other players his own teammates to be answering questions.
Speaker 1: On his behalf. That's not cool.
Speaker 2: So if you're the quarterback of the team, you gotta protect your teammates. Not everyone is comfortable in front of a microphone. I get that, but you know what else, Not everyone's one of the thirty two men that are lucky enough to be starting quarterback in the National Football League.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to the phone. Calls Feedback, We love it.
Speaker 2: Most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, Danny Gradio, Danny G's on the phones. Danny want to hit us? How can listen to a thing? I said, that's talking about a podcast in the toilet. There you go, see, But I'm glad hopefully somebody did. Let's go to the phones. Let's start with Q.
Speaker 1: He said, don't forget my old team did drink? Old team are sure to drink? Who we got in Arizona?
Speaker 4: What up?
Speaker 8: C you?
Speaker 10: What's having the fellas? I usually be listening to Rob Parker.
Speaker 1: It's my guy Washington. We love the man. My couple is great.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the time went up, so unfortunately for me. But I don't really care about Caleb Williams if he's you know, if he don't want to do interviews that didn't catch my attention, We'll call my attention as you sitting up here putting Michael Jordans Caleb Williams in the same Michael Jordan's hold on.
Speaker 2: That since hold on now, if you're a fan of Rob Parker, that's not preposterous then, right, because that guy's got the hottest takes of all. No, I don't think they're in the same category. What I said, though, was if he plays his cards right, he could be the best thing since Michael Jordan. Because tell me a Chicago athlete since Michael Jordan that has taken the city by storm and won a championship and really broke glory. You said the Blackhawks, Sam, but no one those hockey players by name. Let's be real here, So Caleb Williams could be that GUYE.
Speaker 1: Derek Rose had a little bit of the.
Speaker 2: Devin Hester maybe, like you said, like a like a Anthony and Frank Thomas, but they've won nothing. I love he was a big star. He's but come on, yeah, he needs to win. We agree, and we hope you like our show. Who do we got next? Well, he did say bummed. He was like said it was unfortunate, unfortunate for fortunately, sorry, unfortunate.
Speaker 1: He has to listen to us. Let's go to Vegas. Larry, what Vegas?
Speaker 8: Larry?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 9: Hey man, what's up?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 9: Suck this out? First of all, who let that guy Mike in? Tell him to go home and never come back.
Speaker 1: I don't want to storming in here again, yelled everybody.
Speaker 9: Yeah, hey, listen here, man, you know when you sign up for that. I bet you when they interviewed him at his time, when he was at the draft, I bet you he went in and said all the right things and he'll give an interview.
Speaker 10: God's knew.
Speaker 9: Super bowls? How would you feel the one I have to go talk to the media after getting blasted in the Super Bowl. But those guys man up and they go do it. Those networks pay the bills. So anyone that's sitting in there talking about he shouldn't talk to the media. You guys are grade April. Whoever believes that?
Speaker 1: I agree? Yeah, you and I are on the same page, which means we're both right, all right? Who else you got? Danny J. Gill in Virginia, Yo, Gil, what's up? Hey? Gil?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 11: Fellas so I'm in complete disagement with the last dollar and probably all. So here's the thing. Toy Man, when he was a second year quarterback, didn't care about doing pregame interviews. All he wanted to do was go out and win football games. That was his primary job. Because he knew, he knew he didn't do that, he wouldn't be a quarterback in the NFL. Caleb has the same opportunity. Get your football right first, then do your interviews.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I don't think you have to pick one or the other.
Speaker 2: I think you could be a great football player and also just be polite, take interviews and do the right thing, don't I don't think they're up and you don't have to like these in the phrase mutually exclusive, I don't think you know.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's choose to be a good quarterback or do a good interview. I think, and keep in mind, no one here dislikes Caleb Williams. This just happens to be the story, and we hear too much of this. He's just our example jump off today.
Speaker 5: Also, I want to point out these are behind the scenes meetings with the broadcast crew. This isn't like an interview that's going to run on a big platform.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they might take a snippet here and there, or they learn about the players. They're a little sit.
Speaker 2: Down so the broadcasters get some insight of what to expect that upcoming game. I mean that's for all sports, the Fight Team especially. You'll hear like Kevin Burkhard or someone say like, oh, this week we talked to exactly Caleb Williams and he said blank, like that's part of the part of the gig.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: It's like I said, my analogy would be if we said, oh, yeah, we'll do whatever you need, boss, and then we're like, well, we don't want to do commercial reads, like that's part of the job, Like it's it's part of it.
Speaker 5: Who do we got and that sponsor related rich, I think the more appropriate analogy would be if you didn't want to do liners for the affiliates that you're on, you know what I mean, what kind of part of it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, and not just.
Speaker 5: A little part of it, a big part of it, because that's how you guys are blasted out to the world.
Speaker 2: And like I said before, I'll tie it in again if I refuse to do that, right, Danny, g my responsibility now falls.
Speaker 1: On maybe you right, and Dang's like, it was not my job. What were we going to do it?
Speaker 2: So if Caleb Williams isn't doing it, it falls on someone else. That's not cool as a leader. Well, with that said, we got to go to Isaac. But I want to give a shout out to A ninety eight point three the Muskrat. I'm kidding, that's not what's up, Isaac.
Speaker 12: Hey fellas, and sadly, we begin with tragicnews from the world of NASCAR. Former former NASCAR driver Greg Biffel, his wife, and two children were among seven people who were killed in a plane crash earlier today in Statesville, North Carolina. The plane, which was a multi engine CESSNAH five point fifty, crashed while attempting to return to Statesville Regional Airport shortly after it took off. Greg Biffel was fifty five years old. In the National Football League today, the Green Bay Packers listed a running back Josh Jacobs and receiver Christian Watson as questionable for Saturday's game at Chicago. The Bears ruled out receivers rome o'doonsea and Luther Burden. The Philadelphia Eagles rolled out offensive lineman Lane Johnson and defensive lineman Jalen Carter for Saturday's game at Washington. The Commanders ruled out left tackle Laramie Tenseil to to an oblique injury. Indianapolis Colts quarterback Anthony Richardson return to practice today after missing two months due to an eye injury. Richardson, however, will not be active for Monday Night football this week against the San Francisco forty nine ers. Every Olympic dream starts with a first glide. I just glided through learn to Skate USA. Kids build confidence, strength and joy on the ice. Learn to Skate USA offers programs for skaters of all ages and abilities. Find a program near you at learn to Skate usa dot com. Guys, all yours.
Speaker 2: See, did Isaac have to put that little extra oop into the skating read? I've got I've got stories, But you know what, he respects the client and he's a great figure skater.
Speaker 1: Other people in this business don't as much.
Speaker 12: One person I know would would always mumble and mispronounce these reads, which were literally paying their salary. And other person once did a live read for a shamrock shake at a certain fast food establishment and they did the live Rey live on the air and said, I don't know why anyone would ever order a shamrock shade.
Speaker 1: I mean, you got to play the game a little bit pointed out before you know.
Speaker 2: Let's take one more phone call on this and then we are going to go old school and fifty hits. We'll talk a lot about tonight. I mean, tonight's the game of the year rams Seahawks.
Speaker 5: But who we got, Danny, Yeah, quickly, Jason and san Antonio, you got thirty seconds.
Speaker 4: I'm San anton Yeah, man, Kayleb Williams, the face of the Bears, about to be the face of Morton Salt, acting so salty. I don't know why he has to. He's gotta what comes with the job of being the quarterback. You're gonna whether you sign up for it or not. What Mike was talking about, whether you sign up for it or not, this is what comes with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree, man, I agree, and especially in today's world, more than ever before.
Speaker 1: So thank you guys again, no shade, no hate, We're not hating. We're just stating.
Speaker 2: And that guy's in San Antonio, go get me some Chacho's or Rudy's barbecue.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he'll send it here.
Speaker 2: Sense of good food here and stick around because in six minutes, Old School win fifty hits.
Speaker 1: We throw it back in reminisces. We get you involved.
Speaker 2: Cavino and Rich more next, Yo, Sam fun fact, it's my all time favorite Christmas jam Alvin and the Chipmunks, ALMN Covino and Rich.
Speaker 1: I'm Fox Sports Radio. I'm looking at a who would be Alvin, Simon and.
Speaker 2: Theodore in this room? I'm Alvin. Clearly, you're definitely Simon's thin guy.
Speaker 1: He could be like our Simon.
Speaker 12: I was gonna say, Dave, but Simon's much much more demeaning.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Dave Seville Daves. All right, So Sammy rw you are Simon?
Speaker 2: Well he weuys glasses. That's about It's Boddy, you were Danny? Who's Theodore? After a couple of tacos, we'll figure it out. Covino and Rich live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. Happy Holidays is for our tire IRAQ Play of the Day. Jaron Jackson continues to light it up for the Grizzly.
Speaker 7: Light it up eleven straight for the Griz. Here's prosper attack into the paint. Go Bear cuts them off out to Landale. One more to Jackson, three on the way for Jared ring it up. Put three on the board. Grizzlies have come all the way back and built a five point lead. It is a fourteen to nothing Grizzly run noise.
Speaker 1: Noise.
Speaker 2: That's courtesy of Grizzlies Radio Network. That's our tire i Rack play of the day. For over forty years, Tyreck has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Shipped fast and free back by Freeworld has a protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tire Rack dot com Way tire buying should be alright, Hey, it's Thursday, and around this time every Thursday, we throw it back.
Speaker 1: There's a surgeon.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what we gonna do is go back back into town throwing it back for a Thursday. Old School went fifty hits. That's fifty after CNR give you the time, apsle topic and we reminisce together.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Danny g our super producer, always come up with great ideas. You have the greatest team here with Sam, Danny g Spotty Low and Crown. Today Oh, so you're not entertaining any trades at the Deadliner. No trades, No, No, you're not doing any winter meetings. Futures looking bright for Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: I thought we're going to acquire a middle infielder. No, no, not right now.
Speaker 2: No, But he sent us a meme and it says William Bradley Pitt. William Bradley Pitt. He's an award winning actor producer, with the career spanning over thirty years. He's won two Academy Awards, two Golden Globes, two BAFTAs that I'm sure he's real proud of. Pitt has starred in several successful films, including Glorious Bastards Now one of My Favorites two thousand and nine, World war Z twenty thirteen, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood twenty nineteen. Of course, Fight Club. That's his most ripped, his most handsome. I'd loved him in seven. I thought Seven is one of my favorite rivy movies. And dude's done put it that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: You give him a little props. I read his bio and everything. But we think of brad Pitt and I always think of Shania Twain. What do you think you are?
Speaker 1: Brad Pitt. He was the answer. He's the answer to like yo. Somehow he just won't.
Speaker 2: I think Robert Redford got old and like he became the guy for who do you think you are? Brad Pear, That guy's handsome like Brad Pitt. Brad Pitt became the answer for handsome, sending him for handsome for the last twenty something years in our life. I mean we were like, all right, if you like blondes, it was Pam Anderson, If you like Brunette's, it was Carmen Electra. But Brad Pitt always remained you like dudes, Brad Pitt. And you know now it's like Sidney Sweeney and her Uh well, no, you know what. Now it's just an oversaturated world of who's hot on social media.
Speaker 1: There's a million good looking people. But Brad Pitt was the guy.
Speaker 3: A lot of women got a taste or a look at Brad Pitten for the first time. In Thelma and Luis was like one of the first movies he was like, he was featured in.
Speaker 1: I think their look.
Speaker 2: I got a Brad Pitt with you in my bedroom with my ext He has that story right here with him in Robbin Given's bedroom. I'm gonna punch him in the faith story about Mike Tyson walking in on brad Pitt, look it up. But anyway, on his birthday we celebrate his sixty second. He's still damn handsome, still rip, and it makes us think of the greatest leading men aka guys that Josh Hart of the Knicks would love to give the dirty funds too. Well, I think you know, I think you can angle that question. Also as like who actually gets you to watch a movie gets you to the theater? Like who gets you to the theater? If you see, oh, Netflix or Hulu or HBO Max put out a new show or a new movie, they're in it. I'm watching, Like, who is the I'm watching because they're in it.
Speaker 1: It's a good question. Brad Pitt's one of those guys for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean he's handsome. Women love him, Guys think he's cool. He's celebrating his sixty second. Who are we adding to this list? Well, we'll take your feedback. Next we'll old school and of course Thursday Night Football tonight. Can't wait to talk about that.