Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong Show, Katty Armstrong and Jettie and He Armstrong and Eddy taking up arms against the Sea of troubles.
Speaker 3: It's The Armstrong and Getty Show Live to kick off a brand new month.
Speaker 2: Deep from the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communication compounded today we're toiling under the title of the show, A simple blunt headline for you, Jackie, if you can take it. Trump is afraid of iran Oooh, there's a blunt headline. Or if you prefer social idists social idiotists. I couldn't decide social idiots, socialistias, socialistiates. I think that's the one. Socialistiates and Islamis on the march or on the run. Oh. I knew you'd like that part because more the drama you brought to the reading, the drama you brought to the reading, Oh my god, or on the run? Huh the other way? You don't know, do you question? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, there's some interesting people that are going to win races. Uh as members of a major party. Have there been in modern history or maybe in all of history in the United States, and you know, maybe we got some smart listeners can pointed out, has there been anybody crazier or to use more political term than crazy, uh.
Speaker 2: More out of step with.
Speaker 3: I don't know the mainstream of America, both parties as a maid that's your party candidate in our nation's history, in our history, have we ever had anybody run as a Republican or Democrat? You know, it gets messy you get back pre Civil War and all that sort of stuff. So let's go with the modern era.
Speaker 2: I mean, like since I don't know, since the sixties, have we had anybody run with a crazier platform as ahead of one of the major parties to be a governor in Wisconsin or a senator in Michigan. Right right? No, abolishing prisons, you can't get crazier than that. You can't get crazier. Then we're not gonna no longer going to lock people up. No, not within a sniff a mile away from a sniff of success. No, no, No. They were fringy, fringy people who came and went very quickly. Yeah. This those two people in particular, and others Platinirm Maine and people like him. He could have had the nomination. They are very very close to being in the general election.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are going to be the nominee of one of the two major parties that have dominated our politics forever. For a senator and a governor in this country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the whole crazy abolished prisons, among other things.
Speaker 3: I don't think we've ever seen anything like this.
Speaker 2: No, it's disturbing.
Speaker 3: They're not gonna win, I don't think, although I'm Domini's a mayor of New York City.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's they will elect a couple of congress people in deep, deep blue districts where the crazed, affluent, white over educated vote rules. I'm actually it's funny. I go back and forth. My first level analysis a Michigan, for instance, is yeah, nominate El Saiad, the islamunists, hates Jews, hates America, pretends to be a communist, wants Islam to rule the entire world. That's his real platform. Trust me, he gets nominated, Mike Rodgers is gonna whoop his ar.
Speaker 3: True, But so I can't decide whether that how upset you should be about that?
Speaker 2: Well, right exactly? But that again, that's the first level analysis. The second level analysis is oh my god, I'm looking around me, and more and more people are buying this. I almost said nonsense. I wish it were only nonsense. It is a calculated and vicious political ideology that's led to the deaths of hundreds of millions of people.
Speaker 3: Well, the negative spin on it to me would be these people have been so successful that the mainstream Democratic Party is going to have to tip their cap to them and embrace them.
Speaker 2: Enough. Right, But having lived through the Tea Party era, the mainstream Republican Party did not need to embrace our we care about the debt thing. They just ignored us. We lost and went away and they kept ongoing. So that might be what happens with these guys. What are we thirty two trillion dollars in debt now something like that.
Speaker 3: Or five something.
Speaker 2: A good thing. We got rid of that extreme Tea Party. It's funny. I'm sure you come across this too. Accounts these days of the Tea Party movement, they all just state, without fear of contradiction, that it was a bunch of extremist lunatics. I think they may have racists against Obama or something, but anyway, they were crazed idiots.
Speaker 3: But very similar to what's going on with the Socialists now winning a whole bunch of contests you didn't think they could win and then end up being horrible candidates and losing seats that should have been won, and lots lots of similarities. But the Republican Party didn't have to envelop them really and take on their platform. So hopefully the Democrats can ignore these nut jobs. I don't know, it's it's weird that there's that many people out.
Speaker 2: There that I believe stuff as crazy as abolished prison.
Speaker 3: I get some more quotes from some of these people coming up that it's not that they don't even fudge around it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, we just should have no prisons. What what are you talking about? I think I know what's going on here, and we will talk about that in a little while. That does not mean I have any solution for it other other than just forcefully expressing the truth and the problems with that philosophy until it maybe goes away. But it has to do with the nature of young college head educated people from affluence. They have lived lives of almost entirely academic environments. They haven't had the summer job. To a large extent, they haven't gone out in the sand lot and fashioned their own baseball games and enforced the rules and blah blah blah. They haven't roamed around town on their bikes discovering real life. They have been practically a university experiment. And what happens if you raise children entirely surrounded by a theoretical world, a world taught to them by teachers and professors and parents.
Speaker 3: I have this challenge to throw out.
Speaker 2: Ooh, it's the Armstrong challenge. Nobody ate more poorly than me over the weekend, or gained more weight in since writing nobody, nobody in America maybe in the double x L gauntlet has been thrown down.
Speaker 3: I had to start on pregna zone for some weird medical reason. Oh yeah, and it's always always a challenge with pregid zone because it ramps up or hunger like crazy, and I just indulged it rather than I don't know it. Not only did it make me hungry, I felt like it was while I'm on medicine, So what are you gonna do? And then just like let loose ap all restraint and I went to the state fairs.
Speaker 2: You combine those things. Lord, No, and I was.
Speaker 3: Up the State Fair. No, I gotta talk about that later. I took my kids to the State Fair Hypnotist. I hadn't seen the State Fair hypnotist in years, and they had. They didn't believe that that sort of thing was real. They'd only seen it like mocked on TV shows. H And we went for real. So I have to talk about that later because it was it was your usual, uh that sort of goodness. What in the world is going on? Who are these people.
Speaker 2: Boy taking a ravenous appetite to the State Fair? Exactly? It's like, boy, I can't put this lighter out, Let's go to the gas station. Yeah, I mean, just this insane idea. Oh.
Speaker 3: The other thing that happened over the weekend that made me drop my chin to my chest. I'll have to mention that after we start the show officially, you can probably get which.
Speaker 2: One of your several chins huh huh Oh, I had to drop one of my chins to my chest. I was.
Speaker 3: I was so surprised and upset.
Speaker 2: Oh got him soon. That was almost as good as your headline. Or are they on the run on the march or on the run. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this. It is Monday, August third, brand new month.
Speaker 3: The rent is due. Oh my god, you're twenty twenty six. We are I'm strung in getting we approve of this program. Michael is off today, Michael Angelo. Otherwise at Hanson is abley filling in. Otherwise you would be hearing the fellow say the rent is too damn hot. I'll just sit there.
Speaker 2: It is all right, let's be in the show officially now according to FCC rules, Rags, here we go, at Mark. What do they have to do? Tweet out elect more communists?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, see it, Weaver did that. Yes, good, I'm glad you're shot. People got a realized this is going on.
Speaker 3: I almost brought that up during our little convo there. I'm glad you played that, Hanson.
Speaker 2: So part of our problem, as we all know, is the whole bubbling of information, and we all do it. It's almost impossible not to. It's very very difficult not to, because whatever news source you use probably figured out what you like and is only sending you stuff you agree with. She like have to go out of your way.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so Bill Maher puts up there tweet from Mamdannie's housing director person that says elect more communists, and his audience gasps, oh my god.
Speaker 2: They had never seen that before.
Speaker 3: If you like watch Fox News or listen to AM talk radio or whatever, you are very aware of the fact that he has a hardcore, many hardcore communists.
Speaker 2: On his staff.
Speaker 3: But for Bill Maher's audience, the fact that she said elect work out with ever, oh my gosh, and he said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should. Gasp.
Speaker 3: They had no idea, and why would they. It's not their fault. Their algorithm doesn't feed them that stuff. How are you supposed to find it?
Speaker 2: You're supposed to get up every day and like log on, is somebody new on Twitter or Instagram? So you get different news. I don't even know how to get around this problem. I came across a couple of perspectives that made me absolutely insane. In the New York Times, and if a person of the left or center left, thanks, well, the New York Times is one of the major newspapers. I'm sure they're bringing me pretty balanced coverage. You could excuse them for that, but it's not true. So, yeah, people are siloed. They're bubbled. They have no idea, not only you know what the other side's perspectives might be. They don't even know what's happened.
Speaker 3: The thing that made me drop my chin to my chest. And we'll take a break and get to Heather's headlines because she is back. I don't know how many times I gotta be fooled? What did George Bush say? Fool me too? Foom and tree times. Well, you're not gonna fool me again.
Speaker 2: Words to remember.
Speaker 3: When I heard Saturday Afternoon own or whatever that Donald Trump had called off the big attack, my chin actually dropped my eyes, like.
Speaker 2: You got yeah. I just I couldn't believe it. I thought, you can't do that again. You can't talk this big this time, biggest attack since World War Two, this time, I mean it again. You just can't. But he did. Wait now, Iran has agreed to the framework of an overview of a thumbnail sketch of a cocktail napkin note of an agreement.
Speaker 3: Which includes no details of who's meeting with who? There are no details out there? Is it is it Jared? And whoever? Did Marco or with the meeting in olmontin No, there are no details and the Ranians say there are no there are no talks, which.
Speaker 2: So far usually when they've said that, it's because there arn't. I don't even know what to say about that situation, but we'll get into it later. We got headlines on the way, got mail bag. Oh, it's going to be a good day. Stay here header Myers for several days because of her medical problem that I have been told. We have the go ahead for a full conversation later in the show, Heather, where you will explain to us what it was like to have kidney stone procedure or surgery or whatever the heck it was when you got your kidney stone removed? Is that right?
Speaker 1: Whatever the heck I just went through. Yeah, and thank you for your patients. I am back and feeling better than ever, bafter than dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we want to hear the monsters. Would we be if we oh, come back, Jorg, I don't care what paid your head. Please, patients, we're concerned about you. Glad you're feeling better. I'm glad you're gonna tell us about it, because I'm sure everybody you know could happen anybody, and we all wonder what it's like.
Speaker 3: So we will get that news later from.
Speaker 2: You or maybe you don't want to know anyway, true, let's figure out who's reporting what it's the lead story with the terrific, the wonderful, the recently returned Heather Myers, Heather the.
Speaker 1: Kidney Stone free Heather Myers. Yes, all right, thanks, Yeah, we'll get We'll get into the grey details a little bit later, but let's get you caught up on what's going on in the news, and we'll start with this story from Al Jazeer. The headline range Trump says new Iran negotiations starting, but NBC News says Iron denies trump claim that new talks will start today after he called off attacks and from the Associated Press, Trump frequently announces he's stopping strikes in Iran, but they keep happening, right.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to do with any of this, To be fair, Trainston Fox was reporting this morning that there have been times where the Iranians said, no, we're not negotiating, and it has turned out, yes, they are. Behind the scenes. They have to tell their domestic audience they're not negotiating with the evil Satan that is the United States. But there's also been plenty of times where Trump says, there's negotiations, and I think it's turned.
Speaker 2: Out there weren't any. And if I'm in a bar room scrape with a guy and I just keep punching him, and every time he cocks his fist to punch me back, I say we should negotiate, And that works eight times in a row. He's a sucker.
Speaker 1: Nor For Fox News, the story made headlines all weekend long. Two armed bystanders distracted the gunmen in fatal in and out shooting in Idaho.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be talking about that a little more. Just absolutely horrifying.
Speaker 3: And those of you who love a nobody stops a bad guy with the gun like a good guy with gun stories, that's one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: From NBC. Spain overwhelmed US. Thousands remain after migrant border rush.
Speaker 3: Oh and the voting over the weekend eighteen twenty two. I forget how many countries that are basically going to put.
Speaker 2: Up walls, Oh my god, evil evil barriers of some sort against the legal immigration. Oh, only Teuf would do that. Dell bridges, not walls.
Speaker 1: From the La Times. Billionaire taxes endorsed by California Democrats, deepening party divisions over Prop forty Wow.
Speaker 2: And it's going to pass right, And don't the bowling show that got the official party endorsement over the weekend? Wow? People with gabbing against it? Yeah.
Speaker 1: New York Times is reporting that Spokane wildfires have destroyed one hundreds of buildings. Thousands are still under evacuation orders. Yeah, that's a story that we're going to continue to follow. Also from Fox, this one I'm also covering for Newsmax Today. CNN's Data Bash spars with RFK Junior over vaccine efficacy. Demandsy look into the camera and push the measles vaccine.
Speaker 3: Uh okay, that's interesting that that part got coverage, And about the part I enjoyed where she is telling him, you went on here saying this stuff about doctor Founci for years. Nick turns out in his own diaries he's saying the opposite.
Speaker 2: Doesn't that bother you?
Speaker 1: Boy? That interview went on for twenty one minute, and I have never seen something so in a long time quite that he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was definitely full on. They don't like each other.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and neither one was backing down. From NBC News, Britney Griner files for divorce from her life.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to hear that her wife. Wait, don't sneak pot into Russia. Women marrying women.
Speaker 1: From News Nation. The happiest city in America is not where you would expect. Turns out it is Fremont, California, Number one.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can't wait to look at the criterion. It's always the fun part. I've rolled through. Freemont didn't look that happy to me.
Speaker 1: No one's smiling on the site. Hawks with free one from Babylon. Bee Spaniards horrified to see their country turning into Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The number of European countries that are now going to put up some sort of barriers, which you know, when we had that conversation in the United States was seen as just some sort of evil thing to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because at.
Speaker 3: Some point you got to defend your borders.
Speaker 2: Look, you can mutter it quickly, but say it. You guys are right all along progressive. You've gotta say it.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and getty. Terror in Twin Falls police say a shooter sprayed bullets at this in and out burger in a crowded shopping center two hours southeast of Boise.
Speaker 2: So far, all we have here is a male twenty to thirty years of age, wearing blue shirt, glass and Pam.
Speaker 3: I'm conflicted about talking about this at all. There's a couple of reasons why I want us to talk about it. But we hate giving attention to these shooters because that's what they want. I think we've all landed in a place, or those that are paying attention, where we realize these are suicides from troubled people that try to give meaning to their suicide, and we're giving them meaning by talking about it, which makes other suicidal people think, hey, I know how I'll kill myself. So it's not just a lonely guy, you know, in the front seat of his car or in his backyard or whatever, dying alone. It's a big spectacle that somehow gives my death more meaning. So I hate talking about it from that.
Speaker 2: Standpoint, right, I won't come off as a pathetic, sad Guy'll come off with as an angry revolutionary of some sort with super cool pictures of me all over the place.
Speaker 3: Very unhappy with the New York Post, California Post with pictures of this guy looking like a cool badass from a movie. I'm troubled for my own teenagers to see that picture there's no way you don't look at that picture if you play video games with shooters on it, or watch movies or whatever.
Speaker 2: That guy looks cool in that picture.
Speaker 3: And he murdered people standing in line for burgers in it in and out yesterday. And if there hadn't been some good guys there with guns, he might have murdered twenty people. It might have been one of those stories and they.
Speaker 2: Make you look cool. What the ass is going on? Yeah? Well, and we need on a societal level and understanding what you were talking about. It's the performative suicide and condemn it as the most evil thing a human being can possibly do, the most pathetic and just awful and just bad sick thing a human being can do. And understand that you will be seen as an awful coward. You will be. We will spit on your grave, all of us, including your family. Well, the good place to start.
Speaker 3: Is don't put those pictures out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, what is Well, like you've said before, and I don't think it's an exaggeration. Hey, you want to get the coolest Instagram post you could ever make in your life? Blood If you can get enough blood, murder enough people. In fact, if it's children and old people, make it more likely you get the coolest Facebook post you could ever come up with, because national media will put cool pictures up you up there most especially bonus. If you have a list of grievance, right you will. We will post your list of grievances, but we're gonna need three bodies or more. That's the minimum. That's the cover charge.
Speaker 3: If you're really mad at one of your teachers, or your dad, or your friend group or your girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Oh I think you're transgender, or you think you were and now you or not anymore. Again, we will read your list of grievances, but it'll cost you some bodies.
Speaker 3: There's no way you could make an Instagram post that would get this much attention about your problems that make you so unhappy. So go out and kill some innocent people. Try and eat burgers on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. Yeah, God, it's disgusting, Yes it is.
Speaker 2: It is perhaps the most horrifying thing a human being can do.
Speaker 3: I don't know how we break out of this, though, I don't. We've talked about it a lot. I don't think enough people have caught on These are performative suicides. That is absolutely one hundred percent what's happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that young man intended to kill himself from the moment he can see of the plan. He just wanted to kill a bunch of innocent people to express his anger at the world or his mom or whatever.
Speaker 3: And forever people did that alone in a hotel room or whatever it was. It was sad and pathetic. It's always sad and pathetic.
Speaker 2: But now you get to go out and a blaze what looks like a blaze of glory, and hey, congratulations New York Post from making it look like a blaze of glory making it look like glory. Nice job. So some other disturbed twenty one year old out there right now today looks at that and thinks, man, look how cool I would look if I go out there and kill some people today. And I'm not exaggerating, that's exactly what's happening. We've talked to health professionals before. They all agreed unanimously one time when we had a panel in here, that's absolutely what we're doing right and having a couple of teenage boys. I hate that they make these people look cool. God, it's so twisted. That's our cultural problem that it's not.
Speaker 3: Guns gotten and immediately turning toward a gun some sort of gun law, common sense gun laws as will be Oh my god, quit holding up the most disturbed person in the college classroom or the high school classroom and making them look cool.
Speaker 2: But the freak is happening, and grievance culture is a big part of it too. A good society in which being the victim, being the oppressed, it makes you put you on top of the totem pole. The more anger you can generate it how badly you've been treated, the more kindly you are treated, the higher you are elevated. In progressive society, that's part of it too.
Speaker 3: Hell no, we're not saying his name. That's the other part.
Speaker 2: Cowardly piece of s that's his name.
Speaker 3: I was in Twin Falls, Idaho last year on my long drive my boys, and I remember saying, this is like the nicest place I've ever been in my life. Really is among the most beautiful little downs I've ever been to in my life.
Speaker 2: I thought I could live the rest of my life here. I may man, some murderous lumptics shouldn't take your life when you're at the in and out in that town, and if he does, he shouldn't be given the What lighting could we do and what filter could we put on the picture and what how do we crop it to make him look like a badass, like he's like he's dirty, hairy or something. Yeah, oh, great background for that shot because in and outs walls are white. Yes, that's a good, good shot, excellent shot. That's a pilot surprise winner. Let's highlight the very small silver lining in the cloud, the absolutely commendable courage of some of the citizens of the town. Seventy two.
Speaker 4: We can confirm that there was an off doing a state trooper and his citizen who actively engaged the suspect.
Speaker 3: By returning gunfire towards him.
Speaker 4: We want to take a moment and commend the actions of the off Do you all turn the citizen and their heroic action has stop this incident.
Speaker 2: We have to leave.
Speaker 4: Their actions helped dride the suspect away from the scene, preventing from their casualties.
Speaker 2: That was the chief of police there in the town. The hero civilian who fired had actually he'd witnessed another mass shooting and thought I'm not going to be bystander if that happens again. So we got some serious firearms training, and they were going to get a burger. And as soon as he heard the gunfire because they originally thought, oh my god, is there a kitchen fire or something because they saw people running out, he heard the gunfire, he grabbed his gun and sprinted toward it, took cover, identified the shooter, and engaged him along with that off duty highway patrol officer, which almost certainly saved many, many lives.
Speaker 3: Do we know what gun he used? Quite possibly a glock, which is against the law to buy in California now, which I've been complaining.
Speaker 2: About as it happens.
Speaker 3: No, but to truehet her handgun in America. So it was a decent guess if you're going to protect yourself. And we outlawed in various places. With my whole point being that you know this effort, ongoing effort to make it really hard for law biding citizens to get a gun or an ammunition clip.
Speaker 2: Right, it's so crazy, while simultaneously progressive government turns criminals loose from prisons in the name of some bizarre world agenda, making it more and more necessary to defend yourself, while they make it more and more difficult.
Speaker 3: I'm hot for this topic because it caught me off guard and I thought, I want to get a glock. It is the easiest used, the most popular handgun in the world, really, and they're cheap, and that's one of the reasons people like them, good guys and bad guys AnyWho. They outlawed it in California buying new ones. You can only buy use ones. And I was on some market trying to look on and so the newest versions that you can get with these cool add on whatever you call the red dot things. So it's basically, you put the red dot on somebody and you're going to shoot them there, which makes it much less likely you're going to.
Speaker 2: Shoot somebody else or anything like that. They're especially illegal.
Speaker 3: So the thing that can you make you the best shot and the safest and whatever for shooting a bad guy. They but really made illegal in California.
Speaker 2: Because they don't want you to do that. If the bad guys do it now, they can do it, of course because right because they ignore the laws and you Democrats won't prosecute them. You won't use firearms, add ons enhancements, you never do. Good Lord. This segment brought to you by the f N five seven, a lightweight semi automatic full size pistol, which this fellow used, and also by our friends at blue Collar Dollar. You're the stor to works all day from the dawn till dusk.
Speaker 4: Hu.
Speaker 2: Well, you got the kind of grit that made this country great, and we have some good news for you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I sat down with the people at blue Collar Dollar a while back, and kind of the idea is this. You hear a lot about investing, stock market, financial this and that and everything like that, and you think that, I don't know if I can get into that. In my world, it sounds like something for a different crowd. No, blue Collar Dollar. You're a hard worker, you go to work every day. If you've saved five hundred thousand dollars or more, we invite you to call blue Collar Dollar for a no cost consultation to see how you can get into all this stuff in the world.
Speaker 2: There's no obligation. If you don't like what you hear, no harm done. Dial pound two fifteen. When prompts say the keywords blue collar Dollar. That's pound two fifty and get ready to say blue Collar Dollar.
Speaker 5: Advisory Services offered through Talent LLC and SEC registered investment advisor. Marketing is conducted by its affiliated company, Blue Collar Dollar LLC. Registration as an investment advisor does not imply a certain level of skill or training. For more important disclosures, visit www dot bluecollar dollar dot com.
Speaker 2: Was that a ghost? Wow? That was lengthy?
Speaker 3: Was that a ghost?
Speaker 2: Damned lawyers?
Speaker 3: I'm reading so much Hamlet, and whenever I hear voices like that come out of nowhere, I think it's my father, the king who was poisoned or something.
Speaker 2: It could have been, but I doubt it. Oh. Speaking of which, the uh, this is kind of heavy in the wake of the conversation we've had. But the chat bots that impersonate your departed relative are becoming more and more popular, and they're like many swords, most of them, unless it's a saber.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: It's double edged. You can do some real good and if you're a cuckunut, it can make even more cucu nutty. But we can talk about that later on.
Speaker 3: Here's something we got to talk about. Does anybody know this?
Speaker 2: I now, before we take a break to get the bailback, I now hear when I hear or see anything that's like almost too good to be true.
Speaker 3: I immediately think, okay, is that fake? And then I don't want to do the homework assignment to figure it out, because who wants to think the time to figure out every single fun thing you come across or interesting thing you come across is real or not. But so over the weekend, it was uh, remember that movie of Tom Hanks and Madonna was in it and Geena Davis about the women's professional baseball way back in the day. Yeah, so women's professional baseball has come back. Over the weekend they had their first game of their first season. They're bringing back professional women's baseball. And I saw a clip of the national anthem at the first game. Have you seen that? And is it real?
Speaker 2: Is it real? Did you see it?
Speaker 3: Hanson? Because I'm not asking if we have it yet right now. We'll have to get to it later. But I want to know if it's real, because if it's real, you've got to be kidding me.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've played some national.
Speaker 3: Anthems where they're too long, or they're too warbled, or they're all offk or whatever.
Speaker 2: Nothing like this. It can't be real.
Speaker 3: But if it is, we got to play it from the first National I mean because the headline I saw, So you're going to start a new league that's probably gonna be a little hard to get going, and the WNB is having problems.
Speaker 2: Does anybody really want this?
Speaker 3: And this is how you start it with your first national anthem? Oh so we'll get to that a little bit later in the show. Also, that'll be fun. I definitely want to hear about the AI copy in people's voices. How troubling is that you get a call from your kids or your dad or whatever.
Speaker 2: Crap?
Speaker 3: All right, mailbag on the ice to hear.
Speaker 2: Where things get super exciting after tomorrow and a couple of more communists, where Islamo fascists win races and the Democratic Party?
Speaker 3: How are the heavyweights going to respond to that? Is Chuck Schumer going to be able to keep his mouth shut? Or Barack Obama or the media or whoever else?
Speaker 2: What are they gonna say about these A Senate candidate, a governor candidate. Are they just gonna ignore it? Or what?
Speaker 3: We can talk more about that later.
Speaker 2: I have an idea I think I know, but we will we will discuss it later. As Jack said, here's your freedom loving quote of the Day, continuing on our on and Off series on Iran. This is from Zippy Livney, who's a commentator on the Middle East. Hamas does not represent the national aspirations of the Palestinians. It represents extreme Islamic ideas which they share with Iran, hesblah and Syria. That was back when Asad Ran Siriah. I think I wonder when that was dated, because Siria's changed a great deal. A former Islamist now in charge. Interesting question mailbagoot drop us a note mailbag and I'm strong. Dave from South Carolina writes, Yes, Jack Trump can call it off and he did. Did you ever stop to think that he might have a little more info about this situation than you two chuckleheads? And is there something wrong with not going to war? Really? Can I say this with the utmost affection for the two chuckleheads?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 3: And a lot of Trump's critics who would say, you know, he won't listen to allies and he's gonna start World War three.
Speaker 2: He should be happy that he didn't.
Speaker 3: Pull off the biggest military operation since World War Two, he said, and he's listening to allies. He called it off because NBS and Saudi Arabia said, hey, please don't do that.
Speaker 2: But the part is the crying wolf. You gotta stop Crian wolf, Dave. The counterpoint would be, he started a bar fight thinking the other guy would back down, and when the other guy didn't back down, now he's left a situation that's much significantly worse in a lot of ways than it was before and has no idea what to do with it, do about it. Rather, I am a chucklehead, though clearly some folks today is Henry's topic. I was listening to Jerry Klower's, a popular country comedian from the seventies. Jack, did you know Jerry Klower's.
Speaker 3: Act When I was a little kid, he was on heel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's gonna say the name is vaguely familiar, but I was more of a city boy anyway. He said, some folks today are educated beyond their intelligence. I thought that explains today's socialists pretty well educated beyond their intelligence. That's an actual thing. That's an interesting concept.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it clearly is true.
Speaker 2: It's a thing. Oh yeah, yeah, absolutely. I mean, once you surpass somebody's level of intelligence or sophistication, skepticism, maybe what would you call it, because it could be somebody with a fourth grade education who's very, very street smart. Once you surpass the level of somebody's skepticism or intelligence, education just becomes indoctrination. You're not introducing ideas to them, you're just imprinting ideas upon them.
Speaker 3: And what is common sense? Has that ever been like analytically nailed down as a part of intelligence. I don't think it's one of the They talk about emotional intelligence, and you know, all kinds.
Speaker 2: Of different musical mathematics. I've never heard common sense. But that's got to be something that star scholarly papers and or you know, thought provoking books on the topic. But not you'd think at this point in our lives we would have heard a good, solid sentence or two definition of common sense, like the sort of person would say, you can't close prisons, not have jails. That's nuts, right, since the dawn of man, offer your own, make your subject line common sense in all caps. If you that help me see it, quickly, offer your simple definition of common sense, and we will reconvene perhaps tomorrow at roughly this time, and share those with each other. I think that'd be cool. Again, the email addresses may Bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com. Here's a great point from Allen from Rosetown. If mayor Mumdanni's going to open up government grocery stores, think about this. And I've been thinking about this a great deal. Inspired by another learned commentator, I heard if eggs cost a bodega owner ninety five cents, so the private store owner can sell them for a dollar, why not buy them wholesale at the government store that's selling them, as Mundani claim, is at thirty percent less than the private owner. So the bodegas just buy them at seventy cents and sell them at seventy five cents. Government store will have their shelves emptied by egg sellers. You're exactly right, Allan. It hadn't occurred to me, and I'm a bit ashamed of this, having studied this for a long time. There will be hoarding and re selling because the government proposes to artificially subsidize to fix the price by artificially subsidizing it. And whenever you distort the market by doing something like that, maybe it's price sealings, maybe it's price floors. You cause people to adjust their sales in a significant way, well.
Speaker 3: In distort less than that is.
Speaker 2: The store, right, oh my god. Yeah. And so whether it's bodega owners or just I'm going to go in there and buy every single ham at thirty percent, you know, blow market.
Speaker 3: And sell them a parking lot exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm going to corner the ham market and then sell them at a modest profit in the parking lot. Why he wouldn't die.
Speaker 3: Honey, This is only four hundred dollars. Why didn't we make more?
Speaker 2: I ate half the ham tied corner the market that I ate the market right right, And because the price is being fixed, the free market would immediately react to that and the price would adjust. But because you're fixing the market artificially changing the price through government action, the market can adjust. So what that store will become is a wholesaler for entrepreneurs period. It'll be like utterly fancy.
Speaker 3: It'll be like when there's a run on toilet paper during COVID at the Costco. Just we don't be you know, selling them other places.
Speaker 2: Everything all right, right, hit your hand
Speaker 1: Armstrong and getty