Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, next flooring down the sidelines.
Speaker 3: This is Hanging with the Voice, presented by wing Stuff, where Flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 4: Gross, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: We got the band back together.
Speaker 4: You look alive at Tostitos Championship Laus outside Ford Center at the Star of Frisco, Texas, where it does fifty seven degrees. The highest sixty seven, the low is fifty one.
Speaker 6: This is Kurt Daniels, That is the Newton. He is Shannon Gross in the back y'all can't see him right now?
Speaker 7: Is Chris Bean.
Speaker 6: I am Zaddy Holly, fresh off the trailer parks, looking slim and slim and trim. I gotta put some way back on. If I go down to the trailer parks, they get physical down there. I am Zaddy Holly. Together we make Hanging with the Boys the sports talk equivalent of brow people.
Speaker 7: When we speak yes.
Speaker 8: Brought to each and every day by wing Stop, where Flavor gets its.
Speaker 7: Wee is he coming back.
Speaker 5: I don't know, what do you think?
Speaker 7: Probably not on a contract that money. Brendan Cooks, you had one more.
Speaker 9: Year out thinking is the one you gotta think about.
Speaker 7: Gallop gallop more corner, Stepan.
Speaker 10: Stephan, Yeah, he's out of contract.
Speaker 7: I was like, gott moret how are y'all good?
Speaker 9: Good, good, good man.
Speaker 7: That's a good wait for you.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 7: You don't look thank you.
Speaker 5: You don't look thick.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 6: You look A young lady told me I looked ten years younger. I said, I said, listen, if you're lying to me, I'll take it.
Speaker 7: I'll take it.
Speaker 6: Call me pretty listen, I'll take it any other day, any day.
Speaker 7: Thank you, man, Thank you. I feel good. Yes, yeah, well I'm not well. Yeah. I did have steak, Yes, yes, yes did it?
Speaker 5: Did it just tear you up? First solid million had?
Speaker 7: I took it.
Speaker 6: I took it slow, so like I kind of like ramped up progressively got back into the mix. Like the first thing I had. I had one egg over overwhelmed and two pieces of bacon Like that was like the first thing I liked. So the fast broke Wednesday, but I didn't have an appetite. I didn't have an appetite. I wasn't hungry, and I.
Speaker 5: Was just was like, because you still.
Speaker 7: I was like all the way to the morning.
Speaker 6: And the morning came, I was like, all right, let's let's take it slow. And I had bought one of those egg rings at the store. I'm always wanted one, Like I can make an egg McMuffin.
Speaker 5: Like they have it waffle house.
Speaker 6: Yeah you just yeah, and it's put the cracked the egg in the so I mean one of those. And I took a thick cut piece of bacon, cut in half, put in the air fryar kind of like, let's take it slow and then you know, and then progressively worked my way today though today today, oh today I'm going to.
Speaker 7: Get I'm going to get barbecued today.
Speaker 6: Boy, watch out, I'm gonna get that big, that big, big old fat sandwich.
Speaker 5: Whatever happens happened, Glad this show.
Speaker 9: Is before lunch.
Speaker 5: It might be bad news. Yeah, hitting that rich rich.
Speaker 6: This sandwich has the chopped brisket, pull pork, the sausage, the jalapeno sausage yeah yea yeah, yeah, barbecue sauce.
Speaker 7: It has the onions, the you might be out of commission.
Speaker 9: For a couple of days.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's all right, that's all right, it'll be worth worth it.
Speaker 8: Kurt, how are you before we got breaking news right before we came in here, but before we get to that, how.
Speaker 5: Are you good?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: See, guys, very patriotic shirt you have.
Speaker 7: On, you know, plus America.
Speaker 5: Memory of Toby Keith's passing up?
Speaker 11: Well, I mean, who's that playing? But I'm not a big Toby.
Speaker 5: Who's next?
Speaker 7: By the way, wait, who's next?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Carl Weather's Toby Keith always comes in threes, doesn't that?
Speaker 11: Hope?
Speaker 7: It ain't me there, Nate, how are your next?
Speaker 5: You're very quiet today. You didn't even you didn't beat on the table, you.
Speaker 8: Didn't going in And we've been beat enough. Yeah, I got it off my chest last week if it beat enough. But you thinks let's talk for fifteen minutes last week?
Speaker 9: I mean, who've been more excited?
Speaker 12: And tann up stuff met real rank your drinks and all of that off like from winning.
Speaker 9: Come on, man, now, I'm through it, the beating on the thing till next year. It's all here.
Speaker 5: Well, you're reading some breaking news.
Speaker 9: What just is a nice little thing? You know?
Speaker 12: Waity, it's just confuse this thing worse, Jess, I mean.
Speaker 5: Doing what's the breaking news there, Jesse.
Speaker 6: According to Josina Anderson, we already heard that the Cowboys have interviewed Mike Zimmer. The Cowboys have interviewed eight and Durton. The Cowboys also have interviewed who was the other one? Ron Rivera. Well, let's add another former head coach of the mix, one one who, like me, enjoys a nice set of feet.
Speaker 9: I do enjoy.
Speaker 7: I do enjoy a pretty set of toes. I do enjoy a pretty set of toes. If I do say something myself, you know the French.
Speaker 6: I'm just telling you, I'm welcome to the show if you got a nice set of toes.
Speaker 7: I'm a fan, right, and so and so is this guy.
Speaker 6: The Cowboys have interviewed former Jets coach Rex Ryan.
Speaker 9: Let's go and not official, but.
Speaker 7: Calvin Watkins conformed it Clarence Hill. Bunch of guys.
Speaker 8: So, Chris, you were saying that one of our one of our podcast mates really wanted this to happen, and he got pretty much roasted for it.
Speaker 6: Right, yeah, the other black guy, Yeah, the other black I'm glad he confused me.
Speaker 7: There's more than two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was all over and he's like, this is the guy I want. He goes crying and you said he got some crap for it. Yeah, he got some crap for it. Well there, they interviewed him.
Speaker 10: So he says when he was in New England with Tom Brady said that was the game that they always dreaded going against his defense.
Speaker 7: So okay, I mean he was in the room, so I believe him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what do you guys think so far? Of those guys that they've interviewed, who.
Speaker 12: Was one guy didn't recognize his name? You missed Jess Dirty.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's the defensive coach, the guy with the accident, the UK guy, he's from the colonel let him go back.
Speaker 5: He's a good dude though, Hango. Nate must have been working in the yard this morning.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you see, I need some grease.
Speaker 5: Fat Who do you like out of those guys or do you like any of them?
Speaker 12: So anybody that can come in and say, you know what, I'm just gonna answer Nate's dream. Stop any one of those guys. If the UK guy can stop the run, I'm down. Stop the run. Hire anybody you want. It's two things we need some thumping linebackers and somebody up front that don't let hankers.
Speaker 9: I'm through, just anybody that can stop the run.
Speaker 13: Kurt, I think I would probably lean towards Zimmer just because is there concern that you have.
Speaker 7: This head coach you may not be softening them in.
Speaker 13: The shadows kind of is that? Would that be lurking over McCarthy? I mean I feel like no, Zimmers no longer has interest in being head coach with these.
Speaker 12: Other guy two years ago, No, no, two years ago, the same thing.
Speaker 9: Oh, d Quinn's waiting. Dawn Quinn tore up out of here.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but I mean this is a make or break year literally for McCarthy, since he's on his last year.
Speaker 6: Can I answer I ask your question with the question, Yeah, if this is the last year for Mike McCarthy, what does he have to Because we twelve and five twelve and five, right, we've established that what does he have to do to go from a lame duck coach to getting an extension?
Speaker 5: You know, I'm glad you brought that up.
Speaker 6: You're gonna answer my question with a question, Let's keep it going. Come on, Yeah, come on, I've already answered his question with a question. Answer my question with a question.
Speaker 8: So going to that b this is like exception layers to it. Does the regular season even matter? Next year you could go seventeen and oh and if you lose in the first round, it don't In the words and.
Speaker 5: They do, it don't matter.
Speaker 8: Like, does the regular season even matter? Do you even get excited during the regular season because twelve pounds a hell of a year. If you don't do anything in the playoffs, it doesn't matter. So next year, fans just gonna be like, it doesn't matter. Yeah, great, we beat that team. Great, we beat they were in the super Bowl. Last year they were in the nf Great, Great, the playoffs. I don't care until we get into the playoff football.
Speaker 5: Does it even matter?
Speaker 9: Yes, the regular season a question. No, I can't do it. Ain't that smart.
Speaker 12: Yes, it matters in second and you have to win the second round playoff game.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, it matters that the regular season.
Speaker 12: Still does matter and you have to win the second round playoff game.
Speaker 7: You have to You went from you regressed.
Speaker 6: That last year was man, it is it was.
Speaker 9: They didn't do it. Now you have to reset your goals.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But to answer your question, Kerr.
Speaker 6: I personally think one of the reasons the coaching candidates that the Joneses have been interviewing all have, not all, but most of them have head coaching backgrounds is because and we talked about this last week, if this season, for whatever reason, according to this schedule, doesn't go to twelve and five or better type plans and it gets to a point where it's it's ugly and the locker room has kind of been lost and guys are kind of doing.
Speaker 7: Their own thing.
Speaker 6: I do think the hook can come out mid season for Mike McCarthy and now you you you interject one of these guys who have Zimmer or Rex or Rivera, these guys that have head coaching experience to finish out that year that.
Speaker 11: It feels like you're setting McCarthy up to fail.
Speaker 7: This is this is why this is.
Speaker 11: You saw that firsthand.
Speaker 7: This is the nature of the business.
Speaker 6: When you don't when you don't survive in advance where you're supposed to be, this is where you find yourself. You find yourself with that fire lit up under your butt, and you know you you could be you could be the flame could be set a blaze on you or you can blow it out either way.
Speaker 7: But this is what you've this is what you got yourself to.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 11: Is there concern too that?
Speaker 13: I mean, we saw last year with McCarthy's play calling in the Texas Coast offense whatever, it took a little while to get you know it was, it got better as the season went long. At the first it struggled a little bit. They can't afford that this year. If the defense needs half a season to get going again, McCarthy can't afford that, especially with that schedule.
Speaker 12: Pull up, pull up the schedule so we get you know, we throw it a schedule at folks, it's a bomb burner, it's a it's a fur it's a a true first place schedule.
Speaker 9: Uh. The thing that.
Speaker 12: I just feel like, if I'm a cars I'm like, you know what, I came here, what is his.
Speaker 9: Fifth year coming up?
Speaker 12: I came in here with a five year contract. How many coaches just really get to fulfill that five year contract unless they are in some ALC NFC championship games.
Speaker 9: This guy, I'll be like, nah.
Speaker 12: Baby, if I'm coming home and coming home, I got these five years. I'm gonna coach these guys the way I know how. I'm a champion. I'm gonna coach them that way. It's gonna come down to players. It's gonna come down to can you free agently off season fix your team draft picks. I'm about to give up on We need we need some free agents that can come here and understand the importance of where we at.
Speaker 8: Well good as the team because you and mister Jones on the same page, because he's all in whatever that means, that means.
Speaker 9: See see see see see don't do that.
Speaker 12: Jet what mister Jones saying, all yeah, well he's a hell of a sales because we.
Speaker 8: Spent what fifteen fifteen minutes last year defining what all it means.
Speaker 5: Everybody had a different answer.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I just I believe. To me, there's no pressure on coach McCarthy, you know now.
Speaker 9: No lame duck, no nothing. I I'm in my fifth year. My offense is in place.
Speaker 12: I've been a year with my play call, with my with my with my quarterback, Dak. This is the way I saw the last playoff game. Dak has to play better. Our defense went in. You was seven eight games in with a major deficit in the middle of your defense has been gashed and lack of linebackers. You did not feel that fill that void. Go out and get you a I'm not until Marzie does something. I'm not believing in Masie Smith. So go out and place him and replace gal Gallimore and get you somebody that can help you throw down the run and you and and bring back uh the corner real slow about the six or seventh game. Bring him back slowly, Cralon and we should be okay. Now the big question I have is who do we sign out of Galamore, Gilmore Gilmore and Jordan Lewis if we do that right there?
Speaker 8: So when you say no pressure on McCarthy, you mean not from a coaching maybe lose your job standpoint, but from a hey I got everything in place. He got everything in my job, yes, the best of my ability, So I'm not feeling.
Speaker 9: Sometime sometimes you got to feel good about you.
Speaker 12: And and we were doing the pregame shows, and all that week all you heard was from the players, how great a job coach McCarthy was doing. I don't know if they had got to gets if were gonna set coach McCarthy op, tell him how great a job he's doing. Then we go right here and lay down. You know, maybe they did that, you know what I'm saying, maybe you know, But that's all I heard from upper management.
Speaker 9: From the players, how great a job he did. The players put it solely in their lap. And when they went out.
Speaker 12: There, you didn't see the floor and coach, you know, you know doing the coin toss. You know you saw the players doing it. And from that point on our players didn't show up. Now that falls on the head coach.
Speaker 13: Okay, But but isn't he in a way now relying on it something he can't control the defense? He has really not much saying what's going on over there? His his career now, his season relies on Mike Zimmer or Recks Ryan or whoever. And that seems like it's a difficult situation.
Speaker 12: Now because he will have a hand in picking that coach what people don't will he?
Speaker 9: Yees see, will because will he have it?
Speaker 6: Will he have it being in this when they go So let me ask you this question when they.
Speaker 12: Interview, I'll your example, But I let me ask you as the question with a question I got tried to tell everybody run RIVERA left the Washington commanders did that?
Speaker 7: Did there be enemy.
Speaker 9: Stay you know, so I'm lame and I'm a duck in one of my wings clipped Your gonna be clipped to bro. All of them leaving, they're gonna blow up the squad. Bro, They're gonna if they gonna lame duck.
Speaker 12: Your head coach, the next head coach is not coming in here, not in today's NFL said yeah, we're gonna keep Zim. Yeah, we're gonna keep out. Yeah, we're gonna keep Floyd Coach. Me like, hold on, coch Nah, coach, I got my guys. I got to know what's going on. So if we all if I'm a lame duck, guess what you is?
Speaker 9: You're lame. You're lame duck too.
Speaker 6: So you think Mike McCarthy is in the interviews when they interviewed Rex and Zim and only like where.
Speaker 9: Where where do you think they had immediately before that?
Speaker 12: And then Mike made some calls and and mister Jones and his staff made some calls. Be it mister Stephen Jones or mister Jerry Jones.
Speaker 7: But that's not how it works, right.
Speaker 6: Head coaches usually pick their coordinators right right outside of the owners. It's basically, Hey, this is still my team. I get to pick all my assistants and coordinator that around here.
Speaker 7: That's why we bruh.
Speaker 12: The thing is they're gonna have to all work in harmony if they don't work in harmony.
Speaker 7: But harmony with people that I don't even agree with.
Speaker 12: He's agreeing with these people I don't know about Rex. That's what I'm That's why I was sitting over here kind of. That's why I meet.
Speaker 6: Because when you were talking about bringing in like guys like Ron who may be kind of, you know, kind of soft spoken at times, guys like Zim, who's not soft spoken at all, guys like you're talking about bringing it big personalities. You're talking about guys who bring it in with their own opinions. You talk about guys to bring it with their own experience, and they're like, who the hell are you? Like, who the hell are you? Mike McCarthy, I too was a head coach. I too understand how to put together a team. I too understand how to do what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: Some guys, some guys will window dress who Rex, He's for the fans, the promotion, how good it looks. That's window dressing, man, Rex ain't nah, Rex good at doing what he do on over his son.
Speaker 5: Hey, Chris has a really good point he'd like to bring up and then take us to break.
Speaker 10: Chris McCarthy hired Mike Nolan as a defensive coordinator.
Speaker 5: And we'll be right back on hanging with the boys.
Speaker 2: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates, and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli made with real hals avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 7: Grab some today.
Speaker 14: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas Tour.
Speaker 15: The Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 14: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 16: See if Geek has your back. No matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a diehard fan or a dog with a care fan, we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgame fan or a first one three the Gates fan. The seed Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier too. So whether you're a Here of your Week fan or haven't been here in years fan, Seed Gig has you covered? Download the seat Geek after day Seed Gig, you're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys Seats.
Speaker 17: How's Wingstop sound crispy, juicy classic wings made to order, cooked to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut, seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop ranch, and of course, spicy Cajun fried corn. I think you've heard enough, Get your flavored delivered at wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 3: Back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 8: The second segment brought to you each and every day by blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Thank you blockchain dot com. So we got to Kurt, who is your Who was your pick? Before we got question on question on question? I just I think he's You think Zimmer?
Speaker 13: Yeah, the history and all that, I don't think he's He would be the leading candidate. I don't know if he's the right one, but I think he's the leading one.
Speaker 5: All right, Jess, what about you?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Out of that, out of that mix, I'm I'm.
Speaker 7: Rex will be fun. Rex will be fun. It would be fun. It would be.
Speaker 5: Absolutely fun to talk about every week.
Speaker 6: Man, we would we would definitely have a lot to talk about. But Zim, I would go with Zim.
Speaker 8: You I think Rivera is a I've heard he's a players coach.
Speaker 5: Players really love him. He would be fun because he likes to gamble.
Speaker 8: They call him what riverboat ron, So that would give us stuff to talk about.
Speaker 5: Maybe not always good. Zim's kind of kind of boring, I guess, but he's a hell of a He's a hell of a DC.
Speaker 8: My thing with him is does he is he identify with those guys a lit can he relate to because he's old school, you know, he's part of that.
Speaker 9: You got this.
Speaker 8: Whole new young youth movement in the league now and these older seems like these older coaches are when you get it close to you know what, sixty ish, you're kind of getting that that it seems like that's that's the old school way, right, and those guys are kind of leaving the league, So that would be the one thing that I would But if he can stop the run and like you said, get some linebackers that thump.
Speaker 11: Are's surprised they're not looking at any younger.
Speaker 7: And should get Mike Gravel. That's that's what they should get.
Speaker 9: He can deal with the young folks.
Speaker 5: Has anybody talked to him, No, he's too.
Speaker 12: He's that thing you're talking about old school owners owners an inn on that now. Owners are like I own the youngest and freshest mine, you know, and that's that's who's getting it.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 12: You came up with a with a like you know, we tried that on the offensive Canadian style offense.
Speaker 7: And man funny report about Mike Rabel.
Speaker 6: They were saying some of the reasons why he didn't get certain jobs. I don't know how true this is, but it was rumored that he was too physically imposing, that he was meeting with owners and general managers. Just his sheer size real scared people off.
Speaker 5: Intimidating.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like he's too intimidating. Yeah, he's too intimidating. His physically imposing. He doesn't come off like as friendly because of his size. And you know, I was like, Okay, how did Dan Campbell get a.
Speaker 9: Job, dud? That was three or four years ago, that this new wage jump.
Speaker 5: I mean I was bummed. I was fifty to fifty. I was bummed that Dan quinn was leaving.
Speaker 8: But I was also excited because I'm interested to see.
Speaker 11: I was more excited that he was going.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, I mean, it's just I think at window dressing. Maybe, like Nate was, you're gonna bring the whole band back together again.
Speaker 11: The head coach.
Speaker 7: Something had to change quarterback.
Speaker 8: It's not changing on the offensive side of the ball, so let's change it on the defensive side of the ball and see what happens.
Speaker 6: The only thing I don't like about the departure of dan Quinn is.
Speaker 5: Like the guys you have in here that fit that system.
Speaker 6: No, I just I didn't like the way the fans were like good written. I was like, I was like, wait a second, now, like we like I remembery all of a sudden last year, we were like, you know, but what I'm saying, like you understand we talked about Mike Nolan. Right, dan Quinn took over a historically bad defense and in a short amount of time led the league in sacks, then back door led the league in turnovers and move this defense literally a one to eighty from historically bad to damnitar historically good. And I know that the last maybe six or seven weeks of the season probably didn't sit well with a lot of people, But I was like, are we going to see erase everything that was before that? Like that that he had done. I do think Washington. I think Washington got a quality head coach.
Speaker 8: I do too, and I work with a guy that lives in DC. He said, the fans up there are not happy. He said, they are blasting They're blasting that higher and I'm like, no matter what, his players are gonna play for him. His players loved him like they love, they will play hard for him.
Speaker 5: They love that guy. He gets down in the dirt with him, like and.
Speaker 8: Say what you want about you know what his teams have done defensively in the playoffs in the super Bowl. But like he you're right man, Like we memory is so short around here. Like last year, if he would have left last year, everybody been like, why didn't you fire McCarthy in higher DC, Like and we got what half a year of bad football and then a bad playoff game and it's like, get out of it.
Speaker 12: I'm shuck, you're terrible, and the lame duck coach survives again.
Speaker 9: I can't tell you that lame duck there.
Speaker 12: Boy, thein't what you think it is now, Yeah, ain't what you think it is. Remember Kellam got a Jason out of here. But you know what, Mike McCartney once again, it lame duck made it.
Speaker 9: Right on through.
Speaker 12: I just I just believe he got to hear of his family because if you wanted, if you could have got rid of.
Speaker 9: Coach McCarthy with no problems, just slid hi right on out the door.
Speaker 12: After this bad playoff loss, Man fans was ready for everybody to be gone.
Speaker 9: Well, everybody including the quarterback.
Speaker 7: Get shorts on the day, pants on the day.
Speaker 6: Didn't know me and Drake about to be on the internet. So so so, so how do you feel? And I don't know how true it is the rumored, but one of the reasons why Jerry kept Mike McCarthy was because Mike still has the one year left of this deal and Jerry didn't want to have to pay Mike to kind of sit on the fat part of his butt.
Speaker 12: Man, I don't know how to you know, do you believe in that? That's why he brought him back. That really really likes him as his head coaching. It's a few players where are really really like the way McCarthy does things that has the ear of the owner. They like how he does things. And even though we as fans and I'm talking from Fanbus Bready don't want to hear that, because you know, we y'all have drilled us, mister Jones have drilled us and all of his ownership group.
Speaker 9: That we are a super Bowl team, that we deserve better.
Speaker 12: They don't believe in steps, but to say this, we have not taken any steps.
Speaker 7: Great Wall of China.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, we have not taken any steps.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean twelve and five, twelve and five, twelve and five, and you still ain't took on steps.
Speaker 8: At some point, you roll the twelve and five dice right three times and you've crapped out every time. At some point you're just gonna like ask in your way into something, right if you if you just get like parcels, just get me to the dance.
Speaker 5: Well, we've gotten to the dance three years in a row.
Speaker 8: And like just luck would say, even if you're a bad team, you're gonna be to good like yeah, right.
Speaker 7: But like but skill, skill pays the bill. Skills skills pay the bills.
Speaker 6: And everyone is getting better around you, everyone is getting Washington will be a better football I'm not saying they're gonna be world beaters, they will be a better football team.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 8: I think you have to do something and I and I think I've changed my train of thought on this because I was not on this this platform. But I think you gotta go make when when the when the free agent deadline comes up, I think you got to look at glaring deficiencies and go we have to go get a good player.
Speaker 5: To feel this this and this because they haven't done that in a long time, you know.
Speaker 8: And what's happened the glaring deficiencies that you had to yes, get exposed.
Speaker 13: To spend that money on their own guys. So are you are you going to spend that big money?
Speaker 9: I mean, it hadn't worked.
Speaker 8: I mean we talk about how great the draft is and how they do a great job of going and getting this guy and growing this guy and.
Speaker 5: Paying this guy, and where are we at, Like something's I mean, something's got to.
Speaker 12: Have two glaring needs on defense, and that is the middle was not just one glaredy. You got to stop and run and however you have to do that. You have to do that. And and I wish anna you know you you know, we drafted a guy high and uh he went, I lost twenty five pounds.
Speaker 9: You know, ma'am, you don't do that.
Speaker 12: Bro, You don't come from a university and you three hundred and twenty five pounds and all of a sudden season started you two hundred and eighty five pounds.
Speaker 8: You need to go get him, sit him down in the training table, and bring him an eight pound bag of fries.
Speaker 9: This is how Yeah, the high cluster of killing kid Nick.
Speaker 13: Got an interesting guy thought, I don't know, hope he didn't mind me sharing that. But he he's like, remember back when we first got He's like.
Speaker 11: I don't really like football. I just like to hit people. We were only hit people like on Sundays. So what are you doing the rest of the time?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 11: Are you actually learning football?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 7: No, these guys don't.
Speaker 6: I just feel bad I call out people because I don't. I don't want no more trouble. I don't want no more trouble. But I've long long said this, there are some people who are in this league, who are on this team, who like what football brings. They don't like football. I don't know that that makes Does that make that makes the are a guy in this league and not just NFL but baseball and basketball. There are guys in the league and on this team who love and like what football brings, they do not like football. I don't I hope that makes sense. I hope that you pick up what I'm putting down. But that that's that's That's where I'm at with some of these guys. They love what the game brings, they do not like the game.
Speaker 8: It's always has it always been like that when you played, When you played.
Speaker 7: I think I think there's less I think it was less of it early on, right. I think guys, if.
Speaker 5: You played, you played when the money like.
Speaker 6: When as the money and the as the money grew, as the fame glue.
Speaker 9: The money got secure.
Speaker 12: The men when we play, you know, you can be for fifty million, but you're over four years, but you know what, you may get.
Speaker 9: That one year and nothing to guarantee.
Speaker 12: As the money became secure, players changed the way they thought.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you and you know, you can almost tell when a guy loves football.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know the guys that love football, you know, like you know Sean Lee loved football. Yeah, you never questioned the Sean Lee had to go back for That's the first That's the first thing that came to my mind with Sean Lee. Right, I think about gods that loved football, right like Sean Lee loved, Jason Witten loved Mary Barber loved football. Right Like, there's the guys that love football. There's other guys who go like I'm not to bring his name up in the negative light, but we were having competations the other day. I was talking to with the guy I played basketball with a guy King King McClure who played that Baylor and so Rico. Rico Gathers name came up. I man, whatever happened to him?
Speaker 9: I go.
Speaker 6: That's an example of a guy who loved with football, bring but did not of football. This was a guy who they were trying. They were like, you're a project. We're gonna pour into you and pour into you. And he wanted to go to the studio and be a rapper.
Speaker 5: Been around for years.
Speaker 7: He wanted to be a rapper.
Speaker 6: And they're like, dude, we're trying to make you the next Antonio Gates. We're trying to make you the next Jimmy Graham. Let's roll, Let's let's go, Like you have to side the ability to And he was like, yeah, as soon as practice is over, I booked the studio session. Like I got, I got studio time, the engineers in there, I got this mean verse I'm about to lay down boss man fat right, another one right and another guy who they pied draft pick skills were there, like the physical skills were there.
Speaker 7: How you wanted to be in the street. You you wanted to hang around dudes.
Speaker 6: You're shooting guys at clubs, and you wanted to make rap albums.
Speaker 10: This is no like those two. Don't you can't crazy? He could get a Super Bowl ring. He plays of Kansas City right now.
Speaker 5: I don't even know that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so sad. There's a lot of guys.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of guys who throughout the years, I'll get friend of mine, Bruce Carter.
Speaker 7: Bruce Carter was a kid.
Speaker 6: Who just was elite at football from the time that he was a little league right, and he's just like, Bruce did not like football. He's just so happened if kept growing and being good and they were like, hey, you gotta play football. He was like, okay, And he was the best linebacker in high school. And he goes to Carolina and he's like one of the best linebackers. But he's like, doesn't that make somebody like you? Doesn't that me off?
Speaker 8: Pisses because you have had your mentality his body pisses.
Speaker 7: I have to be mad at Kevin Ogletry all the time.
Speaker 6: I'm like, how does Kevin Ogletree get opportunity after opportunity after opportunity? Could Kevin Ogletree could care less about the game of football, could care less about.
Speaker 7: Playing that game.
Speaker 6: But they kept writing them checks and they kept paying them, and they kept him around. Could not didn't care too craps about the game of football, had speed, had athleticism, and it kept him around for probably three more years than he deserved to be in the league.
Speaker 8: All right, let's take our last break when we come back super Bowl?
Speaker 5: Is it too early in the week?
Speaker 9: Can we back that tracked the trailer up? Off them folks? Yes, I ain't over the team. I can't.
Speaker 6: I'm already a little bit and I can't say nothing about current guys right now. I gotta I gotta let some time pad before I can start doing that. More guys on the go to break before Jesse to the current guy was some dead buddies.
Speaker 9: We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Last segment. Can we do super Bowl predictions too early in the week?
Speaker 7: That's only sure we.
Speaker 5: Got I just do it when we come back on Hang up with the Boys.
Speaker 15: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not he escape flap.
Speaker 7: He'll walk for a hunched down.
Speaker 9: Just like football.
Speaker 15: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust with blockchain dot Com. I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Rush Scott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 15: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 7: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 15: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 17: How's wing Stop sound christy juicy classic wings, made to order, cook to perfection and sausted tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut, seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop Ranch, and of course spicy Cajun fried corns. I think you've heard enough. Get your flavored delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 16: See if Geek has your back, no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, so whether you're a die hard fan or a dog the care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan? Right here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan the seat. Geek not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here every week fan or haven't been here in years fan, Sea Geek has you covered. Download the seat Geek after the seat Geek, you're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys Seats.
Speaker 18: James right here, you're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. If you know how much I love my Cowboys and I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fan to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 9: Enter today, back Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 8: Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought you each.
Speaker 5: And every not Day Anymore, show by Jigsaw, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: And here in a minute we will see if Jesse stands by his mid season prediction that no one will beat the forty nine er.
Speaker 7: I stand on business.
Speaker 5: Oh he's gonna.
Speaker 8: I stand on business, even though he's playing against my homie.
Speaker 5: Different dude.
Speaker 12: People are mad at me when I go in stores around the area because, hey, man, what do you think about the superbat?
Speaker 9: I don't care.
Speaker 12: What city cowboys either. I don't care who is. But that's kind of bad.
Speaker 8: What I gotta give you props, Nate, because you are truly a cowboy?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, like you really really are?
Speaker 8: Like I know it's an ongoing bit where you don't pick against them and everything.
Speaker 7: And that does fet good.
Speaker 5: Sorrylls, but you like really are you really are?
Speaker 9: You really don't care?
Speaker 8: That's not just like if the Cowboys ain't in it when there season is done, it's like.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm done. I'll watch, but I don't care.
Speaker 12: If I wasn't getting, if I wouldn't had some businesses business going on and in the Metroc, I'll be gone out.
Speaker 9: I'll be out of him and even be worried about come home.
Speaker 5: Man, is there any part of you that doesn't want San Fran to win?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 9: No, no, no no.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna go with the NFC, even though I know that kid up up there, your homeboy up there. He's your homeboy because your homeboys cold blooded man. Even though your home bow up there. I'm going to NFC, Yes, sir, I'm gonna stick with the NFC.
Speaker 5: Okay, I thought maybe because of the rivalry.
Speaker 12: I ain't got no problem with the rivalry. We ain't no rivalry. It ain't beat us. They going, they're going to the super Bowl.
Speaker 8: Rivalry over talking about and back in the day like maybe you don't want them to have as many super.
Speaker 12: Bowl because we got damned from We stole them from the next year and beat them.
Speaker 9: We prayed to pay them and.
Speaker 5: They gave you. Yes, sir, changed your career.
Speaker 9: So you yes, yes, I am. And love their owner, the old owner. You know.
Speaker 12: Uh, oh my god, you know how to take care of player. Now, yes he does. Look because he took care of Charles. I mean still to this day. Really, Yes, child's walking around baffooted and I Truman bathfoot.
Speaker 7: This lunchroom to.
Speaker 6: Bible said God takes care of fools and babies the Bible of the Bible. Say, I don't say that that was the Bible.
Speaker 9: The Bible God by words you said, so before we do our picks.
Speaker 5: Any any Super Bowl memory you want to share? I know we ask every once in a while, but it's been a while.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Just the part is that we hard.
Speaker 11: I don't know about nothing about the game.
Speaker 12: No, it's always the bars that we went in.
Speaker 7: Did you did you guys?
Speaker 9: Ever?
Speaker 6: Maybe not the first one, but it was two and three? Was it kind of like we got this dog?
Speaker 12: We played forty nine, these jokers who we played the forty nine ers for the NFC Championship two times. I don't know, well, Packers one year the Packers because we truly believe not just not just us the Cowboys, but we truly believed in the NFC. That that once we won that, that game was just sad. That was that was And I'm for real, I'm for real, man. We used to go to the Pro Bowl and the NFC Championship. We'll be looking at the Green Bay Packers will be looking at forty nine. Yeah you know, yeah, you know we knew it was over, bro when that's just how it was because NFC ruled much like Brady, So did y'all now?
Speaker 9: And did y'all?
Speaker 5: Did y'all ever? Once you won that game? I think this is what you're at. Did you ever just did y'all just kind of put it on cruise and be.
Speaker 6: Like, let's just go That's literally what I just Yeah, but I'm saying that more blunt.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's just go party.
Speaker 12: No, no, no, no. We knew we had to close. We knew we had to close the deal. We always knew we had did we believed, But y'all, we really believe, no, no plan you hav any fun.
Speaker 5: We really believed.
Speaker 8: Sometimes I have to this side of the table, I have to word it just a little bit different to try to get the answer we want, you know how that is.
Speaker 12: We really believed that you took care business. We coach had us programmed. You can party is hard as you want, as long as you gave me that same effort on the field. So if you spent uh effort, if you.
Speaker 6: Michael, they're gonna double to me on the field, I'm gonna get double team.
Speaker 15: You do.
Speaker 12: If you're gonna do one from one from one o'clock at night to four in the morning, at least get me from eight o'clock in the morning six.
Speaker 9: So hey, we we we Hey. We studied film and we studied uh clubs too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 9: Harry Hines was mapped out.
Speaker 8: Y'all wouldn't survive these days. They got a little loose down there, from from what I hear what I see on the news. Loose down there, all right, fellas.
Speaker 5: That time the big game this Sunday, where y'all watching the game by the way?
Speaker 7: Home home, Yeah, home home.
Speaker 12: I got a little appearance. I'm gonna do so. Yeah, getting paid. They stared you bring out the rings? Why you never bring out your rings? Takes a little bit more money. It takes a little bit more money, Yes, it does. I'm talking over. Took ten g's and more. You'll get the ring with the quickness.
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 6: He means that, heeartedly you mean that because you were supposed to bring the rings in.
Speaker 7: You're supposed to bring.
Speaker 9: Your if we ever get to the NFC, you.
Speaker 6: Were supposed to bring your Troy Aikman h Rolex gift in.
Speaker 9: You nedn't bring that in NFC Championship. Get you get?
Speaker 5: Did y'all get little mini trophies?
Speaker 9: I think we did, but I lost smile.
Speaker 13: I don't know that You're getting another ring here coming up to Yeah, another Hall of Fame.
Speaker 12: Right, Yeah, yeah, but yeah, Texas, Texas Sports Hall of Fame, right, yeah, just you know, you know, gifts, you know, just keep on coming. Take care of babies, yeah, Chris.
Speaker 7: I keep taking care of these fools and babies. Man, Lord, I'm a bit. I'm a bit of a fool.
Speaker 9: Do something crazy, something crazy.
Speaker 5: All right, Kurt, we know we know Wall should he ask you?
Speaker 16: You know?
Speaker 13: I mean, I think forty nine ers are better team, but I got that Mahomes magic.
Speaker 11: They've been there before against him.
Speaker 7: What's good?
Speaker 9: What's your score?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 11: To be close one, let's say, twenty eight, twenty.
Speaker 8: Seven, twenty eight, twenty ooh, twenty eight, twenty seven, Chris, what'd you got?
Speaker 9: I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 10: Kansas City thirty one, twenty one.
Speaker 12: Thirty one, twenty one, Nate, I'm gonna go with the forty nine. Is the NFC okay by one because they're gonna take everything he got to keep the dogs off?
Speaker 11: Jesse?
Speaker 6: What you got, san Franz, I gotta stick the boom box boy got the stick with him.
Speaker 7: I got the stick with him, man.
Speaker 6: And I do think I think I think they're gonna pull this one out.
Speaker 7: I think they're gonna pull this one out. It's gonna be close.
Speaker 15: Huh.
Speaker 19: Twenty seven, twenty twenty seven to twenty four, and I mean, look, favorites prepared, mind, because the things that will happened to the forty nine is to get here.
Speaker 9: It's been weird, bro It's just you know, it's been weird.
Speaker 6: I think this when they come out and have their best game. Yeah, if they come out and have their best game.
Speaker 9: So I got to.
Speaker 5: Break the tie.
Speaker 12: Huh.
Speaker 9: Now you don't have to much, friend, you go with your heart.
Speaker 8: Nate and Jesse, the two former players, are picking Sam Friend.
Speaker 12: Well, I'm stuck. I was stuck. I was stuck. I had no choice. I've been going to NFC forever.
Speaker 5: I think I'm with everybody else.
Speaker 8: I think Sam friends probably all around the better team and got better talent.
Speaker 5: It's like Joe, hear what Cam Newton said.
Speaker 8: I think it was this last week, and if you think about it, he's probably not wrong. He said, brock Perty is probably the tenth best player on the forty nine ers team as far as talent.
Speaker 5: If you think about it, it's.
Speaker 20: Like yeah, if that yeah, right, you look, you look around, you see you know, but then you gets McCaffrey, d bo Brandon, not you, George Kittle, Trent Williams, Nick Boza, Trent Warner.
Speaker 7: Who else I'm missing?
Speaker 11: Then?
Speaker 9: Drake green Law, What I wouldn't give to have one of those?
Speaker 11: There?
Speaker 7: You might be right, you get down the list.
Speaker 5: I mean it's way down there. So but then you got the ma homes factor that the kids.
Speaker 7: You can't quantify it, you can't.
Speaker 8: But but I see a scenario where he gets shut down on the last drive by that defense. But I'm gonna pick Kansas City, Kansas City. I will say, thirty one twenty seven, Kansas City. All right, there we go, so we'll be back. I guess next week.
Speaker 11: Yep, yeah it again.
Speaker 8: We're all gonna be here next week, Yes, sir, I will fun when we'll be here together?
Speaker 9: Here, Chris, do you ever leave? No?
Speaker 6: No, By the way, I let me let me well, hop before we go, let me ask Chris this question. So because you would think to yourself, there's two ways to think about this. The one way is that Chris has created now a vortex of a job security that only he truly understands, knows how to run and operate. But then you get stuck here because no one else can run and operate.
Speaker 5: Do you do no time?
Speaker 9: So do you?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 6: Do you ever want to train up someone to be able to say, you know what, I'm gonna go and take a couple of days off because that person that maybe maybe a little younger, maybe a little cheaper, you know, injury, injury creates the opportunity.
Speaker 7: Like do you think about that? You're like, you know what?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll show him some stuff, but I'm not giving him everything.
Speaker 9: A marathon, yeah, yeah, he has Scott.
Speaker 10: Scott.
Speaker 5: Scott couldn't run that.
Speaker 12: Board and Scott know he's run in affairs. Somebody always gotta have an angel.
Speaker 8: Chris and not saying anything, but don't don't look over your right shoulder.
Speaker 7: No, we're good.
Speaker 5: Just wait, I started.
Speaker 10: Remember when I started doing this, we had like three podcasts. Oh I know, and now we have like eight. I know, something expanded it. So, like I said, it's a marathon, not a sprint.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 5: Did I owe you guys a big thank you my teeth for bringing you back. No, my dad too, thank you for the invite, thanks for having me and I have see that.
Speaker 6: That's a perfect example. Another perfect example when you walked away. We went to Derek and said, hey, if you're going to bring anybody else in here, consult us. Consult us. Don't just put anybody with hanging with the boys because they may not fit. I don't know if Derek listened to us, or like.
Speaker 5: You know, if you keep talking to the walk around that corner because his show's neck.
Speaker 7: That's fine, that's cool. He won't be able to hear us.
Speaker 8: I hope that that is a good point, because like you pull any one of us out, it's got to be the right, this right show.
Speaker 9: It's a hard room to.
Speaker 5: Get into this.
Speaker 12: Even the guy a girl that don't want to talk cannot replace Kurt.
Speaker 6: That's true, though they can't, because Kurt has his Zingers line, Kurt has his information, Kurt has his ability to get us to give us a show, a show run sheet every.
Speaker 5: Day, delicate, delicate balance. Yes, but thank y'all for encouraging me to go to the dentist.
Speaker 7: I have one more.
Speaker 8: Appointment next week and then I'm up to speed and I will never not go every.
Speaker 5: What is it four months or six months?
Speaker 7: Six months?
Speaker 5: I'm back now, I.
Speaker 9: Just got you. It's the eighth appointment but.
Speaker 8: I know section they can't do all the one time. I know how bad it was. She got my mouth open. That's the high genis right she's doing. They had to do a deep clean. It's so bad they had to do one.
Speaker 5: It's not like my teeth were like all gritty. This has been a long time. She had to do this half. I got to go back. This happened done.
Speaker 8: They couldn't do it all because they had to numb me to just clean right, and she got my mouth. She goes you smoker, I said, never smoked anything in my life. Drink coffee, no man, just tea. If my teeth were so stained up. It's been so long.
Speaker 9: But thank y'all. Now I gotta go.
Speaker 5: As soon as I get this done, I'm.
Speaker 8: Gonna get the doctor park taking care of So thank y'all for caring more about my health.
Speaker 9: Than I do. So I appreciate it.
Speaker 8: So anybody that's been a while to since you gone and got your teeth fixed, go before they get like mine where you have to go back eighty seven times before you get them fixed. So thank you guys, proud man, thank you all right, fellas, great show man.
Speaker 5: This was fun.
Speaker 8: I don't want to leave, but we gotta go so Derek doesn't get mad at us.
Speaker 5: Jesse, Kurt, Nate enjoyed the Super Bowl. Chris, thanks for keeping us on the air. My mansh job, social jazz.
Speaker 7: We miss you, brother, will come see us sometime.
Speaker 8: We will be back next week talk about the Super Bowl and other things on hanging with the boys we are.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.