Speaker 1: The volume. What's up, everybody, Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show. We are fucking live on AMP after a huge Warriors win. Serious side to the two dub nation is feeling good. I'm feeling good. For those of you who are tapped in. We will take some callers at the end of the show, so stay tuned for that.
Speaker 2: But let's get into this game. Man. Number one is five o'clock. It's light outside.
Speaker 1: That always feel good to finish the game and still have a day left to spend with your family, your friends, your loved ones. That's always beautiful. So I'm excited. I feel great. Let's talk about it. The Warriors beat the Kings one twenty six to one five after a great second half, a game we probably should have handled pretty easily. Towards the end of the game, we had a couple mishaps. Steph called the time out technical foul. They make the shot, Daron Foss hits the three four point swing.
Speaker 2: We're up one twenty seven seconds to go.
Speaker 1: Before everybody jumps to say, oh man, Steph should have done this, that's on me. After you outlet the ball, if someone has to trail to play, you have to trail to play because if all else feils and the guy get trapped in that situation, he needs to be able to look back and just throw a simple outlet behind the place. So that's on me. I'm always the trailer in those situations. And I did he do on up the floor as if the game was over running with my back turn and we just can't leave him in that situation.
Speaker 2: Also on me, I am.
Speaker 1: Always the guy who's like, yo, we have no time outs left, and you know I didn't do that, and so everyone didn't know that we didn't have any timeouse left. That's on me because I knew right away as soon as we took the time out and challenge the call, I knew that was our last time out.
Speaker 2: We lost it.
Speaker 1: I should be telling everyone in the huddle we don't have timeouts coming out of the huddle, guys, we don't have timeouts.
Speaker 2: So that's on me.
Speaker 1: And then Steph had the ball with you know, twenty seven seconds left and starting and it's a three second shot clock in game clock difference, and he shot it early. Also on me, because you just leave him kind of under pressure up there, and after you call that time out, which I've done before.
Speaker 2: You're a rattle. You're a little rattled, and not rattled in.
Speaker 1: The sense of like you're afraid, but you're just thrown off because it's like a brain farting.
Speaker 2: You're like, how in the hell did I do that?
Speaker 1: And so to move on from that play, like I actually kept telling Steph like, yo, we're good, let's go. But I know he's a little in his head after that. So even to come relieve the pressure, get him the ball with a live dribble, and now he can you know, handle the pressure and go but and go do what he does. But in that situation, you I also didn't want to bring a second guy and he get trapped, we possibly turned the ball over, so you just kind of let him do what he do. And you know, also had a wide open floated from the free throw line that he probably makes eighty percent of the time. So I'm also living with that shot, sou before everybody jump on all, STEPH did this train? STEPH did that certain Steph had thirty two, five and four and helped us win and led us to a win. So let's that's the train unrolling on five to eleven from three.
Speaker 2: That was huge.
Speaker 1: Clay also had a big game twenty six from Clay. JP had a big game with twenty two. Loom did what Loune does fourteen boards, six assists, yours truly twelve ten and seven on three fourteen shooting with seven miss layups.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about that.
Speaker 1: So I knew coming into this game my spots where I needed to be, you know what would be open. I was very aware and it was there, and I just missed the layups. So looking forward to making those next time. But in saying that, I felt great. It's great to be back out there on the floor with the guys. There was a critical moment there where JP took over the game. He got a layup, he got to the free throw line a few times. I had an am one and they were trying to make a run and he just kept breaking their run. He obviously finished twenty two points, but like forget the twenty two points to have those timely buckets and control the pace of the game. When he was controlling the pace of the game and not allowing those guys to.
Speaker 2: Go on a run, I thought it was huge, huge step by Jordan.
Speaker 1: He found something he liked in the defense and he got downhill and it was absolutely beautiful to watch because it came at a time.
Speaker 2: In the game where we really needed it.
Speaker 1: And to control the game like that, that's just steps in the right direction for Jordan, and to know that he's doing that and he's taking those steps, that's only going to continue to help this team grow. Dearon Fox thirty eight, nine to five, another great game in another great fourth quarter. You know at this point, obviously you keep making adjustments on Fox. I e the one we made where we put me on Fox there and you know, started just switch the lineup, switched the look, gave him a different look. With a guy like that, he's an incredible player, man, and you just can't give him a study diet of anything. Eventually, great guys, great players like that, when you give them a study diet of anything, they figure it out. And so I thought the adjustment to switch it up on him a little bit there was great by coach, and I thought he played dividends. Obviously Fox had it on that last play, Me and Steph switched, I went back to trapping. He kicked at the Harrison Barnes, who missed the three number one clutch Player of the Year we know what Fox does in that situation. So most importantly, you can't let him beat you there, which was my mindset. He got the ball, he's looking to make his move. Try to get the ball out of his hands, because you don't just win Clutch Player of the Year being average number one. You've been in those situations. You've been in enough of those situations to show what you do in those situations. And he got an award that was well deserved. And so I know in that situation what he's trying to get to, and I.
Speaker 2: Came to help.
Speaker 1: Just as sure as I came to help, steph reacted immediately went and got a contest on Harrison's shot, and Harrison missed. Harrison was ready to call us every B word and uh three or four word in the book if he made that shot.
Speaker 2: As we all know, it was great to see him miss it.
Speaker 1: But even if he does make that shot, in that situation, you have to make someone else beat you. And so we did that and we were successful with that because we, like I said, you know what the outcome coming into this game. I came off the bench, I see that that was made a very big deal. I thought that was a very simple thing. We won the game, it looked great, you do the same thing. I went to coach Kerr after the game and I went upstairs to his office and I spoke to him, and he was excited as hell, and I was excited, and I told him right then, I'm like, yo, coach, if I need to come off the bench, like fine, Like, I'll come off the bench, no problem. And he's like, oh, I could almost call him by surprise, Like he's like, oh yeah, all right, yeah, we'll talk about it all right, like it caught him by surprise.
Speaker 2: But I think that was important.
Speaker 1: Number One, if you see something that you feel like worked, which obviously Loon worked.
Speaker 2: If you say you want to stay there, obviously I have the resume that I have.
Speaker 1: I've helped win four championships, seniority, all those things. The one thing that I didn't want to happen was like I come back and everybody's like, oh, this work. Well, Loon comes out the star lineup. That's bullshit, Like that's bullshit. You're an awful fucking teammate if that's what you think should happen. Like if they're like, oh, well we want to play for a guard, great, very simple answer. Come off the floor. Loony just had twenty rebounds, nine assists, dominated a game. You don't then go to him and say, hey, your reward is to come out of the start lineup. That's as a leader of a team, that's how you lose, guys. And so I thought it was very important for me to go to Coach and say, listen, I just watched this game.
Speaker 2: And here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I think one of the reasons Coach was called off garden and throw them back or take him back, is because he hadn't watched the film. And so when you watch the film, like when you're in these games, man, you're in it, Like there's things that you can miss. When you go back and watch the film, you have a totally different perspective.
Speaker 2: Well, I watched the film live.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch that game cheering because we made a shot or like you know any fan would do. I watched that game lock the hell in because I was trying to text things and be as involved in the game as I could possibly be. And so once the game ended, I had already watched the film. Coach hadn't watched the film yet. I saw what worked, and so it's very evident to me that you go to coaching, you let him know that if you need to come off the bench, it's okay. That can be a sticky situation. Guy eleven years in All Star, all of these things and you that can be a very sticky situation. I wanted to make sure it was as less sticky as it possibly can be. Coach, if I need to come off the bench, great, Now, A lot of was made of all men. It was Draymond decision. I don't make decisions. Coach Kerr and the coaching staff makes decisions. I just give suggestions. Those suggestions are those suggestions are very well heard because again the respect, and that's something that I appreciate. But I just made the suggestion. Coach called me a day later and said, all right, this is what we're doing. But you haven't. You haven't come off the bench in nine years. How are you in a playoff game? How are you gonna feel about that? I said, well, coach number one, who fucking cares? Who cares? How I feel about that? Doesn't matter. Feelings don't matter. You don't have time for feelings. In the playoffs. You get caught in your feelings. You get caught on the boat to can Kun. So there's no time for feelings. That's number one, coach, I don't who cares how I feel? Number two, I feel great, I'm fine. I'll be ready to go when it's time for me to go in Now, coach, you know, something Stephan and I talked about was what the rotations are going to be with me coming off the bench. Rotations are important when you get in these playoffs. It's a chess match between the coaches what the rotations are going to be. So yeah, coach, I think we need to figure out the rotations. But as far as my feelings and how I feel about it, I don't care. Who cares if I even do care. And lastly, what's the other option? Coach, like Loon shouldn't be the one coming out of star lineup if that's the case.
Speaker 2: He's like, yeah, you're right, all right, Well I'll let you know.
Speaker 1: And then he called me back and he and oh, I'm sorry, I'm backtracking a little bit. And then you know, we had our conversation and he's like all right, and I can still hear a little skepticism in his voice. But then that's where you lead. You lead by example, right, Like they're going to watch your energy when it's announced to the team.
Speaker 2: They're going to watch how you're reacting.
Speaker 1: When they say first unit and you go to the sideline while we're walking through stuff and you're not in the first unit. Those are all things that they are going to look at. So I wanted to make sure that my I was upbeat, my demeanor, my r that I brought positive energy to the gym.
Speaker 2: But I thought that there was extremely important.
Speaker 1: That my that I led by example with my energy and you know, getting getting involved with the game planner and if I've seen something while we're walking through, to step out there and make those things because again, all of those things matters.
Speaker 2: And so that was it.
Speaker 1: We went with it. We won the game. Big question is do you keep coming off the bench. I don't know I started the second half, But what I will tell you is I don't care. Most important thing to me and to guys that's played here, which is why we've won championships, is winning and winning championships however you get there. However, that's I got benching in the NBA Finals last year during the game, taking out of the game bench sub them offense defense. I think I care, of course not. I don't care like I want to win. Whatever that is is what it is. And you don't get so big on yourself that you're now bigger than that. The moment you do kiss your team goodbye, that's it. I don't want that to be me. Uh. I returned to the game, and, in true Draymond fashion, received a tech about a minute or two of being in the game, if that long.
Speaker 2: Fox and I were going back back and forth.
Speaker 1: He was standing up for his guy, telling me it was BSI. Get up off the floor. Bro, Like, that's what it is. Get up off the floor. And we went back and forth. We had a little jawn. Quite frankly, if I'm being honest, in that moment, I'm like, all right, we got one tech.
Speaker 2: Cool, as long as he still talking.
Speaker 1: I'm still talking because guess what if we get another double tech, we're both thrown out of the game. I think my team can survive my absence better than the Kings can survive.
Speaker 2: Fox Is exit or an absence.
Speaker 1: My goal wasn't to get him ejected, because, quite frankly, I wasn't trying to get myself ejected. But I'm also not backing down or ducking no smoke ever, And I'm also going to be Draymond forever and ain't nothing changing that now of suspension, not a tech, it don't it don't change that. So I love you know, when gods step up for their guys and stand up for it.
Speaker 2: I always respect that. So it is what it is.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say no hard feelings because it's a playoff seiling. It's a playoff series. All feelings are hard and that just see is what it is. But I respect that and it is what it is. Another question was what was going through my mind when Steph called the time out. I just stood there like this, like no timeouts, But like I went straight to him, like yo, it's cool.
Speaker 2: We move on.
Speaker 1: Like we're five points at the time, Like we move on, it's no big deal. What was going through my mind is trying to make sure he's good mentally because we still need to.
Speaker 2: Close out this game and we can't dwell on that. It is what it is.
Speaker 1: Now where I made a huge mistake is I let Fox get off of three and I have to force him to drive and make him play in the crowd. In that situation, you're up for you have to force him inside the three and then get a contest, live with the results as long as you're not giving up a three. I screwed that up, So now I gave up a three. I should have stayed behind Steph Curry. I also should have let everybody know we didn't have time outs. So then you know, you saw Bob Myers come talk to me after the game. What we were talking about. We were talking about how I can be better in that situation to make sure that doesn't happen again. And you know, I take that on the chin and I'll be better. As one of our floor generals, I have to be up on top those things and can't allow that to happen.
Speaker 2: So I have to be better there. And that's that, you know.
Speaker 1: So now you know, we go to Sack to to two on Wednesday looking to get a role win.
Speaker 2: It's very important. We got to win one to two on the road.
Speaker 1: Whether it's game five, you prefer to be game five, so there's no Game seven, but you get four opportunities to win one on the road. No one said which one it had to be. You just have to get one, So be looking forward to that, and you know, I think I think it's important that we go out and play with the same physicality but take it even up other levels, as it has to be higher when you go on the road. I also think we need to do a better job but keeping keeping Murray out of the series. He had a huge game last night, I mean last night, excuse me, a huge game today and we had done a good job on him. We let him get loose, so now you have to try to stop that. He's going to roll in going home super confident. We have to do what we can to try to neutralize him again. But he was great, and I'm sure that was exciting for them. So some of the keys for us. And yeah, looking forward to going to get game five. Before we get out of here, obviously, you know we'll take some questions. But just a couple updates. Knicks take a three to one lead over the Cavaliers. Cavaliers have been really struggling to score the basketball in this series. Tom Thibodeau defense, it's always been beautiful thing to watch and as a defensive guy, I can always appreciate, Like one thing you're gonna know is Tom Thibodeau coach. Team is going to defend, and they've been stifling the Calves offense and they're sitting there with a three to one lead.
Speaker 2: And whoa.
Speaker 1: I hope the NYPD have ten thousand officers ready to work the streets in New York if the Knicks closed this series out, because do y'all remember what they did when they want a playoff game and they shut the streets down, they win a series, man watch out in New York City. So NYPD, I hope you already and maybe need to call in the National Guard that day because them Knicks fan's gonna go crazy if they win that series. The Sons took a three to one lead over the Clippers without Kawhi Number one. I'm not gonna say shout out to Russell Westbrook because I'm so fucking tired of people disrespecting Russ. Like shot out Russ. He played good, like Russell Westbrook is an MVP. Russell Westbrook is a perennial All Star. Russell Westbrook is a legend and a Hall of Famer. So I'm not about to do the whole shout out the Russ for going through and persevering like that's wha, that's whack. Stop disrespecting that man, like he not him and who he is. But Russ is having an incredible series. He's giving them chances in these games. Even without Kawhi. They're playing Marcus more because they need another guy that can create his own shot. That's been looking good for them. But ultimately with all Kawhi and PG, you just don't have enough. And it's unfortunate to see Kawhi going through what he's going through. Man, you just never really wish that on anyone. And you know, everyone always questions him and say this, say that he played forty two minutes and then couldn't play again. So for everyone who questioned, like, oh, he didn't play back to back, So like that, shit's real. We're competitors. Man, you don't get to this level by I'm cool. I'm gonna just sit out, like you don't become who guys become with that mindset, Like it's real, and you get so much complaining about it. And so I wish Kawhi, Well, hope he's back out there for Game five. You always want to see guys have the opportunity to play on the bigger stage. He was dominating that series. But the book has been dominating. D Book is doing what and continuing to grow into the guy. And he's been a guy for long time, but there are steps and levels of being the guy and he continues to grow.
Speaker 2: Man, he had I know a game.
Speaker 1: Four three to one, Game three, the game where he had forty five one of the most and like seven assists or whatever, he had one of the most impressive. The most impressive thing about that game he has zero turnovers. You know how much you guy had a ball zero turnovers. You were precise with every decision. D Book playing some great basketball and I hope you all see the growth. The heat are up to to one no Jannis in the last two games, and Jimmy's doing what Jimmy does this time of year. Uh, send my love A lot of love to Victor Oladipo. Man a guy who continues to battle no matter what he's faced with. And quite frankly, you go through stuff like that, man, you lose the love for the game. And so you see this teller injury and I'm like, man, he's probably done. But then you tap back into and who Victor Oladipo is and why he became who he's become continues to fight. I expect to see him again, but I send my love to Vic Speedy recovery man. You never want to see that, especially, like I said, a guy who's battled through so much, so send my love. It's unfortunate, it's very unfortunate. But Heat has done what they needed to do. They got an opportunity to go up three to one in at Home. I expect Gianni's probably will play. If he doesn't play, I mean, if Yanni's doesn't play this game, I expect he'll probably need a surgery or something because Janna is all. Yanni's played hard and astar games man, so I you know fingers crossed. All is good, honest, And then, as we know, the Sixers close out the series versus the Nets with no NB. One of my friends asked me yesterday, like, yo, can MB's hurt now? So can they give still Boston around for their money? I said, listen, let's not do the MB's hurt thing, and like already dim the series from what it is. Yes, we hope Joel can play. We hope he's as healthy as he can be. But let's understand something. No one's one hundred percent healthy. No one's eighty five. No one's ninety five percent. No one's ninety percent healthy. That best maybe eighty five at this point in the year. Injuries are part of it, and so before we start lessening what someone else is.
Speaker 2: Doing, let's not do that.
Speaker 1: We do all hope to see Joel back out there, MVP. You want to see him get that opportunity, but let's not start minimizing another team and what they do because of injuries.
Speaker 2: That's why injuries are a part of it.
Speaker 1: Making it through this long ass season and then getting to the end being helped, that's a part of it.
Speaker 2: We lost it. We lost. We lost an NBA Finals because we didn't make it to the end. KD got hurt. Claiy go heart. That is a part of it.
Speaker 1: But guess what nobody want to hear that, oh we all lost, because now who cares?
Speaker 2: They won?
Speaker 1: So let's not do that before we get ahead of ourselves. But we are hoping and keeping our fingers crossed. The joke can go and the last, but not least the Lakers versus the Grizzlies. I thought the funniest thing in the world was that everybody thought Lebron was going to go out there and shoot thirty shots and try to get fifty points. You clearly don't know who Lebron James is if you thought that that's number one.
Speaker 2: Number two.
Speaker 1: Lakers got up to a very fast start and the Grizzlies were playing uphill the entire game. And Lakers are doing what some expected. They're up to to one, got to close out at home and try to take a three to one lead, But they're playing as good as basketball as they've played and what everyone expected the way they closed out the year once they made the trade. Anthony Davis had a huge game. After having a.
Speaker 2: Uh, not so good game in game two, he had a huge Game three.
Speaker 1: He was aggressive as hell, and that's a tough Anthony tough excuse me, and aggressive Anthony Davis can be very tough to deal with. So looking forward to seeing that next game, seeing if the Lakers take a three to one lead or if the Grizzlies will tie it up to the two.
Speaker 2: John Moran had a really big game.
Speaker 1: And you applauded, but it's going to be very important that he also get other guys involved going into that next game, and unlike his guys, so we'll see what happens there. But before we get out of here, like I said, I'm gonna toss it to Jackson so we can get a couple of questions from the callers.
Speaker 2: Jackson, who you got for me?
Speaker 3: We're gonna take a couple of questions, folks in the in the amp app hop in. I will accept a few callers. It's gonna be just like last time, limiting to just a question and then I'm gonna I'm gonna boot you. But we appreciate anyone who wants to camp in. All right, we got our first caller at Cheddy Davis invite his cent except the invite and don't forget to unmute your mic Drake.
Speaker 1: My question is how is it.
Speaker 3: Going up against so bonus?
Speaker 2: To me, his style is similar to yours, So how is it going.
Speaker 1: Up against him? And like any such an intense series, I mean it's number one, he's very physical. He looks for contact, he's seeking contact, and so number one, you have to you have to brace yourself for his contact. Uh.
Speaker 2: And then you know he's a playmaker.
Speaker 1: They play a very similar out to us with him as the primary playmaker. And for me, it's just really meeting that force for force meeting his contact, meeting his pressure, trying to make those passing angles on them tough. Uh so he just can't get other guys involved. But overall, you know, I like a physical series. I like a physical matchup, so you know I love it perfect.
Speaker 3: Next one, we're gonna go at Prince from NY. Maybe we'll get some knicks talk. Let's see what we got here at Prince from and why accept the invite? Join the call, don't forget to unmeet your.
Speaker 2: Mic Hey, what's up, Draymond? What's up? Prince? Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh, what's up?
Speaker 2: What do you think you guys could have done better today to make the game, like, to seal the game up?
Speaker 1: I thought earlier on, I thought it was different at different times of the game. I thought early on what we could have done better was rebound to basketball. They really rebounded the basketball. Well, they're in the first half, and we didn't rebound so well offensively or defensively, so I thought we could have rebounded the ball better. And then late, you know, I think we were pretty good. Obviously, we had the time out thing and all of that. I personally, you know, even with the time out, I can't give up a three to Fox you have to get him inside the three point line or make him just take a heave because he's so hell bent on getting the three off. But I kind of backed up a little bit and tried to use my length. I can't give that up. I think if I don't give that three up, we closed the game out pretty well, even in spite of the time out.
Speaker 3: Woozy Invite said, don't forget to join the call and unmute your Micozy.
Speaker 2: I was good. Raymond.
Speaker 3: Series tied. How do you think things will go down with the I guess they called the pivotal game five?
Speaker 2: You think it goes seven and if Sack wins? Or do you think you guys will close it out in game six?
Speaker 1: If you guys win, I mean, I have no intentions on playing a seven game, so I you know, I think we definitely need to go take care of home court. You never want to get to ahead of yourself though, and say, I mean, excuse me, I take care of home court.
Speaker 2: We took care of home court, but go get a role win.
Speaker 1: You never you know, you never want to get too far ahead of your stuff and start talking about game six and or seven, So you just take it one game out of time, and we're going to take this one and try to go, you know, take game five on their home floor. You know, that's the most important thing in the series right now. And then if you go take game five, you definitely don't want to have to go win again there, and so you want to try to do all you can to close it out in six, but understanding that if that don't happen, you still got another game.
Speaker 2: But it's one game out of time for us.
Speaker 1: So the most important game right now is game five, and I think, you know, we.
Speaker 2: Go exceed their level of physicality.
Speaker 1: And you know, do take care of the ball, do all the things that we know takes to win games at this level.
Speaker 2: I think we'll be fine.
Speaker 3: Thanks everyone for calling in, Thanks everyone for hopping the chat. We will be back on the Amazon app at some point later either this week or in the next week. As always subscribed to the show everywhere else. We'll be back Thursday morning.
Speaker 2: Definitely back Thursday morning.
Speaker 1: Make sure you'all tap into that and less hope and make sure we do all that we can to make sure when we back is three to two, it will be three two three two, and does favor that's a wrap from this episode of The Draymond Green Show. For all our listeners out there, if you want to hear this again or you just tapping in, this will be up on all the platforms pretty soon.
Speaker 2: Until next time, peace,